Speaker 1: Hey everybody.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's Bruce.
Speaker 3: Thanks for pulling up a chair for another bonus episode of Table for two.
Speaker 2: Today, we have something a little different for you.
Speaker 1: Usually we share a meal with our guests at a wonderful restaurant, but for the next couple of weeks, we'll be hearing this interview I conducted with Isabella Rossellini at her beautiful farm.
Speaker 3: I hope you enjoy our little lightning round and we'll be back next Tuesday with our full conversation.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do a little quick, little speed round.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: This is a fun lightning round where I say something and you kind of give me the first pop word that comes in.
Speaker 2: Okay, So your favorite pasta dish?
Speaker 4: You know, the simple one? Oh no, my father one, I should say my father. It's a past edition that my father did. Pasta regular spaghetti. You put a little lemon zest, and then you all the herbs you can find in your garden, parsially, basil, oregano. You chop it up and you put it there with sometimes even a little bit of tomatoes, olive oil, and salt. It's so good, good, simple, it's so good. It's a summary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, I love that your most cherished possession.
Speaker 4: Well, I would say my dog, but I don't really possess him, but I would say my dog.
Speaker 2: Okay, I love it. The best advice you have received, I.
Speaker 4: Think the best advice that I have received. It was to follow my curiosity, and advice I also give. And it was given to me by a great Italian war journalist called Orianna Falacci, who was a very good friend of mine. It was a fantastic writer, and she followed her curiosity and she said to me, everything passes. At the time, it was a famous model the beauty by your curiosity. If you follow your curiosity, you'll be happy. And she was right.
Speaker 3: That is lovely, it is, and she is right, And that's not always easy.
Speaker 4: That's interesting because you know, we have we want to be perceived in a certain way, we want to be accepted. But forget all that and just say what is interesting to me? And sometimes you know, for me, I mean animals. I mean people say it's childish, but it isn't childish. If you're anathologist, it isn't childish. But at the beginning it looks like what am I doing? I mean, it's a childish law. I should like theater.
Speaker 2: Shakespeare, your favorite movie.
Speaker 4: My favorite movie The Circus by Charlie Chaplin.
Speaker 2: The Circus, so it's.
Speaker 4: A silent film, which I love. I love silent films, and I'm so sorry that the progress in technology killed silent because in silent film even more you relied on images. And I think film is a is an visual art. When you have words, it becomes you know, we've seen film talky talky talky, they are boring. So film is a visual art. And because they didn't have words, silent film really had to be powerfully visual and also pantomime the way of acting. And I'm saying sometimes it looks exaggerated from us, but if you look at Charlie Chaplin, it isn't exaggerated, but it's yet pantomime, and that art has died. And then I'm so sorry. So I'm a huge fan of silent movie. I'm a huge fan of Charlie Chaplin and The Circus. I mean, it's all about animals and Jacklin at all.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's the thing. When you think of blue Velvet, what's the first.
Speaker 4: I think of David. I think of David Lynch, and he's a lovely.
Speaker 2: Man, yeah, I mean it really is. It was a pivotal movie. It just was very pivotal.
Speaker 4: Favorite wine, favorite wine. I know that I have a favorite. I drink very little sometimes, yeah, sometimes I prosecco bubbles you reli in. Yeah, I would saying a prosecco, but I can't think of a brand. But I do like prosecco.
Speaker 2: You know, oh curse word in Italian ston stone, piece of ship.
Speaker 3: Ah, I just learned something great stones stons of s t r U and zo.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm going to use that. And you've spoken about her, But when you think of mama, do.
Speaker 4: You have a When I think of my mama, yeah, yeah, Well I think that she smells so good and she felt so good when she embraced me. She was so soft. Mama was the most charming person I met you.
Speaker 2: And I think I know the answer to this. What brings you joy?
Speaker 4: Well, my phone brings me a lot of joy. You suspect it, I said, my children, of course, my animals. But we all live here and so a mama family has become a catalyst for all of us to come. And there is something magical in this place that I don't know if I brought it. I mean, there's so many the women. I saw the land, I felt that magic, So maybe it has always been here.
Speaker 3: I love that you created because people we lost that where your whole family lives together, like where you're you know that something that has gone away.
Speaker 4: It's gone away. It really it's really hard. It's really hard when you have children that you have to raise your own children and you don't have that the aunt and grandmother, the consents, and we're trying to maybe at least less of that so I can bring my Italian culture. It's not that I am an Italian mama. On top of make sure they have their own home, they have their own life. But for sure, it's so easy. You know, if somebody has a cold, you're called, can you come take the baby for two hours? So I've taken nap.
Speaker 2: Yeah easy, It's very special. Thank you for pulling up a shair. Thank you for having lunch with me.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much. Thank you for every you've lunch with My vegetable.
Speaker 2: Vegetables are amazing, and I mean.
Speaker 4: We have a fantastic lady. She was a chet in around forty five, she decided to become a grower. He was fatty gentry and she I call it a Picasso of the vegetable because she's so sophisticated, she really grows the best vegetables taste, you know, sensitivity to.
Speaker 2: Its delicious. Thank you for pulling up a chair.
Speaker 5: I love our lunches and never forget the romance of a meal.
Speaker 2: If you enjoy the show, please tell a friend and rate and review us on Apple Podcasts.
Speaker 5: Table for two with Bruce Bosi is produced by iHeartRadio seven three seven Part and Airmail. Our executive producers are Bruce Bosi and Nathan King. Our supervising producer is Dylan Fagan. Our editors are Vincent to Johnny and Cas b Bias. Table for two is researched and written by Jack Sullivan. Our sound engineers are Mio b Klein, Jess Krainich, Evan Taylor, and Jesse Funk. Our music supervisor is Randall Poster. Our talent booking is done by Jane Sarkin. Table for two's social media manager is Gracie Wiener. Special thanks to Amy Sugarman, Uni Scherer, Kevin Yuvane, Bobby Bauer, and Alison Kanter Graber. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio, app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.