Speaker 1: Hello, everybody, some major breaking news that we wanted to bring you as soon as possible. Governor Chris Christie, formerly of New Jersey has officially dropped out of the GOP presidential primary.
Speaker 2: Let's take a listen to what he said.
Speaker 3: From the moment I got into the race, the decision that I made was really simple. I would rather lose by telling the truth than lie in order to win. And I feel no differently today because this is a fight for the soul of our party and the soul of our country. Why have we resisted the calls to drop out of this race, Because, unlike some of the other candidates, we're fighting for something bigger than ourselves. We're fighting for something bigger than self interest. We're fighting for something bigger than the next title. I've got plenty of titles. I enough titles to last me the rest of my life. US attorney, governor, husband, father, son, brother, I had enough titles to ask me for the rest of my life. We are fighting for something bigger. This is something that conventional wisdom thinkers just can't possibly understand, and so they've been saying for weeks and weeks and weeks because supposed that I should drop out of the race, that I should get out for that reason, the smallness of the campaigns who spend more time arguing and worrying about who should get out of the race than they have spent going after the front runner. They spend all their time saying, Oh, Christy should get out, Scott should get out, Pence should get out, Hutchinson should get out, Bergham should get out. They and their donors have a different target every day to try to minimize the attention to their own campaign. Now, their own campaign is a campaign that doesn't play to win. It's a campaign that plays to not offend.
Speaker 1: All right, So he says he's dropping out because he doesn't have a path the nomination.
Speaker 2: He would rather lose and tell the truth than lie.
Speaker 1: In the very same breath, though he went after some of his opponents, Ron De Santis and Nikki Haley.
Speaker 2: He didn't do it by name, But we have to show you this so hilariously.
Speaker 1: Right before he was about to step on stage, he's caught on a hot mic clearly that he was wearing on and backstage, where he tells us pretty clearly what he actually thinks about Nikkile. She doesn't have a chance she's gonna get smoked about Ron Desanta's Oh we called me.
Speaker 2: He was all panicking.
Speaker 1: He's talking himself up about how good of a candidate he was. So this is the actual Chris Christie thoughts and not the made for TV.
Speaker 2: Here's what it sounded like.
Speaker 3: Well, don't want to hear it, Wayne, they don't want to hear it. We know we're right, but they don't want to hear it. And there's you know, we couldn't have been any clearer. If we couldn't have been any more any more, director worked any harder.
Speaker 4: So you know, she spent sixty eight Yeah when you land Shiner any places like that, Yeah, that's what you get. Yeah, yeah, I mean, look, she spent sixty eight million so far just on TV. Spent sixty eight million so far, fifty nine million by Desantus and we spent twelve. I mean, who's punching above their weight and who's getting a return on their investment? You know, And she's gonna get smoked And you and I both know it. She's not up to this. She's still twenty points behind crumping them sure, right yeah, oh yeah, and he's still going to carry.
Speaker 3: Out right, Yeah, oh, he's I talked to Desantus called me petrified that I would be probably getting out.
Speaker 2: Well, all right, yeah, I mean I can't get enough for that. It's just so beautiful.
Speaker 1: He's like, oh, she's going to get smoked. There's just no way, you know. He's like, oh, I spent twelve million dollars and I forgot this far. And Ron he called me and he was panicked that I was going to drop out. Now, obviously DeSantis actually should be. So anyway, let's take a little bit of the takeaways. The top line here is that this is the big win for Nikki Haley, even though you know, based on the Hot Mike, he doesn't think that she can win.
Speaker 2: He doesn't.
Speaker 1: He thinks, quote, she's going to get smoked. But at the end of the day, you know, his amount of voters, some ten percent in the state of New Hampshire, are probably the most likely to at least disperse and to vote for the non Trump candidates. And Trump is beating her somewhere on average by about twenty points in some of the In some of the best polls for him, it's a single digit lead of maybe three to four points, and some of the latest including a CNN one that we covered very lately. Obviously polls her all over the map. Who the hell knows, you know what the reality is. But I think you can say pretty unequivocally this is going to be good for her. Now, we don't know enough, and but you know, I think it definitely could put her in a position to win in the state of New Hampshire. More importantly, though, she's got four days now till the Iowa Caucuses. With those four days, she can try and consolidate her and say, guys, you need to come out and make me number two to Trump in Iowa and in New Hampshire. So if you have two number two back to backs, then she could credibly make a case in South Carolina. And now listen, I'm giving you the best possible case for her that's even possible. I personally still think I think she could win New Hampshire, and I don't think it would matter, you know, in the long run. That's something we'll talk about. Actually tomorrow, we have some really interesting stuff that's prepared for the show. But wanting to jump on here and just also reminisce about some of the good times, you know, Chris Christy he really, in my opinion, he was kind of a dug from the start here in race. The one thing that we expected from him was so twenty sixteen energy, coming on the debate stage and destroying him, and let's be honest, none of that happened, I mean, failure to launch. He made it all about Trump. Clearly, nobody in the GOP actually wanted to hear it, and the best he could come up with was that horrible Donald Duck line. So let's relive it for if we have to.
Speaker 3: And I want to look at that camera right now and tell you, Donald, I know you're watching. You can't help yourself. I know you're watching, okay, and you're not here tonight, not because of polls and not because of your indictments. You're not here tonight because you're afraid of being on the stage and defending your record. You're ducking these things. And let me tell you what's gonna happen you keep doing that. No one up here is going to call you Donald Trump anymore. We're gonna call you Donald Duck.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean, I guess you could probably call that the peak. I guess. Also, he really hated to vake Ramaswami.
Speaker 1: But you know, he always he always still decided to White Night for Nicki Haley on the stage. He really is an interesting I mean, I think he's just got a titanic ego because he clearly hates Trump. He doesn't want Trump to be the president again. But he also doesn't want to do anything to bolster the Haley campaign, at least for now. He's not endorsing anybody, you know, as of yet. He doesn't want to bolster the Desanta's campaign. He seems to be kind of a kind of a nihilist in all this. Maybe I respect you know, I'm a bit of an nihilist sometimes myself. So anyway, that's the big news. Governor Chris Christy, we hardly knew ye he dropped out just days before the Iowa caucuses, probably clearing the path for Nikki Haley if she were to this could be her moment, you know, number two and number two that will give her media boost. But guys, don't forget, you know, Joe Biden cleaned everything up, even though he got fifth in the freaking state of New Hampshire, in the state of South Carolina that came afterwards and in every poll that we've seen so far. She's not even close to winning in her own home state. So that's what we've got so far, guys. And we have a great show for you guys tomorrow. Don't forget there will be a debate tonight, Ron DeSantis versus Nicky Haley. We're gonna have the highlights for you on the show as well as a lot of other stuff, so we will see you all later. Shout out to our premium members breakingpoints dot com if you want to become one today,