Speaker 1: Welcome to NFL Daily, where, like Mike McCarthy, you can always go home again. I'm home in the Chris Wesleyan podcast studio with my friend Jordan rod Reeg.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 1: This is the third division preview that we've tackled together.
Speaker 2: When we came up with.
Speaker 1: This division preview idea, like the idea with other people would be in the mix, but you're kind of just hogging all the previews for yourself, and I like it that way.
Speaker 3: You know, I never know when you start a sentence. I never know quite where you're going. If I'm gonna feel bad at the end, if I'm gonna feel good at the end. Thank you. I appreciate that. I like being here.
Speaker 1: I don't know where I'm going either, frankly, which is a tough way to be when this is your profession, mentioned Mike McCarthy in his return to yes his hometown in Pittsburgh. They will be the last team because we go alphabetical order that we mentioned in our AFC North Division preview. Like I said, this is our third. We hit the Western divisions first to some contract controversy. We had one very angry whoa Boston Bruins fan that was like they know what they're doing. This is BS using different words that you're going that you're going West first.
Speaker 2: I can't believe it.
Speaker 3: We're going counterclockwise.
Speaker 1: Patients, We're gonna get to them all. Everyone gets literally equal time.
Speaker 3: They might even get better as we go.
Speaker 1: But it has been a problem, I think over the course of history, the East Coast bias that in terms of division previews and whatnot across all sports and podcasts, East always goes first. We're trying to we're trying to shake that up. West Coast best Coast.
Speaker 3: Too long has my life been dictated by the five a m. Eastern time? There you go, Adam Schefter news break, no more, no more.
Speaker 2: Although we're going north next, none that. It doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're going counterclockwise.
Speaker 2: We just wanted to do it this way. So here are the rules.
Speaker 1: And if you're looking for the news of the day, we're breaking up our news of the day with the division previews during camps, so you can find that in the feed from Wednesday, and we'll obviously be updating the news on Thursday as well. The format twelve minutes per team, a bunch of different categories for each team, starting with the Baltimore Ravens. Let's start that clock. The first category, as always, Jordan, is what is bringing us joy about this team? And as always you get first DIBs on that.
Speaker 3: I mean, maybe they found a center.
Speaker 2: Maybe Ethan Pochick. You're starting with him to check.
Speaker 3: No, wait, the whole deep into the off season problem solving brought me a little bit of joy. There was really only one super super glaring issue to me on this roster. There's a few that we are still sort of a wait and see. We have to see how the receiver corps shakes out behind say Flowers. We have to wait and see how the pass rush maybe improves with Matta Bkay coming back. This one was the hole. This was the hole, right. This was the one where they mixed around like Ioni Vega and maybe thinking maybe he could con to a center in his rookie season. They're gonna it, sounds like play him in his preferred position, which I want to see. I will be watching him specifically all season over at guard instead of at center. And they have a center. That was a huge, huge hole and they filled it and now they're ready to go.
Speaker 1: They also brought into John Simpson who used to be on the Ravens, so there's some familiarity. We'll get to a little bit of their running game later. But yes, it is exciting. These two big guards Venga Yuana, the first round pick and Simpson together. What's bringing me joy is yeah, the new coaches like that. It does feel like a new day. The whole idea of that John Harbaugh was getting stale by the end. There was some reporting around that in terms of how the players were reacting.
Speaker 2: I think it's just natural.
Speaker 1: It's inevitable over the longest, over a long timeline, you have Jesse Minter, you have Declan Doyle, and then you also have Lamar Jackson showing up in the best shape of his life quote unquote.
Speaker 2: It's a There.
Speaker 1: Are seasons like this with Lamar that you kind of can see it coming. So he's been boxing a lot with Zay Flowers, saying that Zay flowers his work ethic was tough for him to keep up with, and he really appreciated it, and he is looking good early in camp. Let's listen to Kyle Hamilton talk about Lamar at the start of camp.
Speaker 4: From a I guess ability standpoint, you know, I feel like he's he might have gotten faster somehow. I don't want agent, but he's turning a certain age next year, and you know it doesn't seem like that. You know, he's, uh, we'll keep the age between us, what the age he's going to be, but he uh, I feel like he got faster. I feel like he ran today. It was really fast. I don't know if you guys saw that, but maybe that's just how he always runs. But he's he's just like our season. I feel like he's going to get better throughout the whole year, and the more comfortable he gets and what they've got going on, which I have a ton of faith in. I'm talking to those guys. They have a ton of faith in it. So he's just gonna get that much better.
Speaker 1: I actually think this is a real story because this was also the story three years ago before that first MVP season, when he was coming off so rough seasons. It was like, oh, he kind of looks faster again. He's been strucking through injuries. I'm buying it. Maybe, And you know what Kyle Hamilton also talked about was how he looked really comfortable with a lot of the under center stuff in play action and fakes and all that which is going to be part of this offense. So I don't know if that's part of your scheme dream that's one of our categories or not. Are you talking offense at all there? That could be a transition If not, I'm pretty guys, I'm.
Speaker 3: Talking a little offense, but only when the things go wrong category. So that's not not as positive maybe to start out. But I do think that that reminds me of every time that meme comes around, where it's like player turns thirty, he's older than dirt, he's the most sacent man alive. And then it makes the thirty plus year olds and in your case, what is it forty almost fifty plus year old?
Speaker 2: I am forty seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, makes us, you know, just feel a little bit closer to the crypt ourselves. But yeah, for me, I think that it goes hand in hand.
Speaker 2: You're going crypt that you want to be put in a crypt.
Speaker 3: I think that's what people are doing. I can come back that way, you know.
Speaker 2: Really sure they do that anywhere I don't even know.
Speaker 3: I can come back and haunt you a little more easily that way. I feel like Declan Doyle, I mean, I know, it's like kind of obvious. We're going to talk about the defense. That's to me the most important thing about this team in general, but installing a new offense, one that really is going to try to maximize what Lamar Jackson does in his prime. Decland Doyle is the youngest offensive coordinator in the NFL right now who's going to be calling plays, And he's calling plays for the first time. He's of the Ben Johnson system, but what he's going and sort of the Sean Payton tree as well. But I think he's going to probably claim Ben Johnson because what he's going to do is a ton of twelve personnel. It sounds like, which which is You know, That's that's good because that's what the Ravens basically lived in. That's how their rosters has pretty much been built. But Isaiah likely is now in New York with John Harbaugh, the former head coach, So they have Mark Andrews and then he and he's a veteran, and they've got durham smythe who's from Chicago played with under Deckland Doyle when he is in Chicago. And I think that this is going to be interesting because you are going to see more under center with what they like to do. You are going to see more play action. When I was at league meetings this spring, there was so much conversation about what is a Deckland Doyle offense going to look like? And how many elements of the run pass does he still keep? What is the run game going to look like? We know that they really preferred a two back system. Ben Johnson really loved playing a two back system, So what is that going to look like? You know, with Derrick Henry and the complement of backs there, does the third running back then become a little bit more of a special teams player the way that it happened in Chicago as well. It's all of these little tiny tweaks that are going to be happening in the effort to try to again maximize everything Lamar Jackson can do. But then my question of things going wrong is part and parcel with this a phrase you love, which is the receivers. And I will talk about it in a minute because I'm curious about your most important person on the team, But keep a tab open on those receivers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just want to see this run game work, and if it does look they're they were a very heavy run team, and I think the new offensive line is fun. Poachage if he can stay healthy, shores up that center spot. The getting massive guards in initially as the first thing you want to do in terms of your team build is very Sean Payton coded. And you mentioned how Declan Doyle, the youngest OC in the league, was with both those coaches. I mean he was with Sean Payton for like six years, so that is a huge influence. And they brought in Dwayne Ledyard, who did a good job coaching the offensive line in the Lanta.
Speaker 2: So to me, that's all very positive.
Speaker 1: Jesse Minner, I think because of the excitement about Decklan Doyle on the offense has almost been laying in.
Speaker 2: The cut a little bit.
Speaker 1: But twenty ninth in pressure rate last year, thirty first and sacrate. These are the Baltimore Ravens, and you know he's gonna bring his system, which frankly isn't that different than the system they were running last year in Baltimore. He's gonna have his tweaks, but he was third in using dime defense last year the Ravens were second. Like they're just hoping that better players help the system oblep mentor can can coach them up in a way that a young DC couldn't. We've only got four minutes left already, so my most important non quarterback, Trey.
Speaker 2: Hendrickson is there now.
Speaker 1: Remember thirty one years old, was effective before he got hurt last year, has really aged incredibly well when he's been on the field. But he has to be that dude, like, he has to be everything that they traded for. They made the decision to basically pick him over Max Crosby because of the injury situation, and now you've got Travis Jones next to him.
Speaker 2: Madam Buik, you mentioned his next toom.
Speaker 1: But it's pretty shaky at the other edge spot, and so he's got to make it happen. He's just got to kind of be the guy that we think he's going to be, but I don't always assume that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with thirty one year old dead dressers.
Speaker 3: And the injury history with him too, that's obviously huge. Mike Green had a really bad rookie season and not the one that they hoped from him in terms of his production on the field, so that he has to take a step forward to Jesse Minter loves to play in light boxes. This is my scheme dream. It's all about Jesse Mitte.
Speaker 2: I thought we already did that. You were just talking off.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm so I most important. I was going in order. You told me to go in order, most important on quarterback. My scheme dream is all about Jesse Minter.
Speaker 2: I go where the emotion.
Speaker 3: Well, you're steering Greg, so maybe try to bring me along.
Speaker 2: I asked you. Yes, I was just like in there pop around.
Speaker 3: He has Anthony Weaver as his defensive coordinator, which is I think great. I think that's a great pairing because both of those coaches. What they do have in common is the fact that they've played this Mike McDonald sort of style of system, but with a lot of Vic Fangio elements as well. And so this is like a light box front, right, So they're playing with again, they're spread out along their front and there's a either one less player or two less players along their front, depending on the concept than you would see in like a four to three for example. And they also like to play like a move player zone behind it. And one of these like wrinkles that I think we're going to see because he helped build out that package for for Derwin James when he did it with the Chargers. You're going to see perhaps either Kyle Hamilton, who can play anywhere as we know, as long as the players around him step up to the challenge, or you know, some of the depth players or some of the extra dbs that they have there that they brought in this offseason. I think that there's real potential here for them to really play that coverage dictates front to help their front, at least in the short term, because they really like to try to almost force you to run like a either right downhill and chip away, and not many teams can do that efficiently, or they want to try to like spread you into a wider make you try to think you can run like a wider zone, and that's when the safety comes down and mitigates all of that, and then all of that together will help set up what the pass rush wants to do. So I think that's what they're sort of banking on, is that his system will elevate the coverage first and foremost and all the different things that they want to do there, and then that helps set up the rush into maybe a more advantageous situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think things go wrong there if like, look, you're County on a back end where Kyle Hamilton's to fix everything. Yeah, the last couple of seasons, and so to me, it's more about players not plays. Nate Wiggins is an improving young player. Marlon Humphrey was not great last year. Malachi Starks. I think they were maybe a little disappointed about Rokwan Smith was not Roquan Smith. So we're talking about a lot of defensive players and then the return of mat of Weekend who just need to play better.
Speaker 3: Jalen Hawkins is a sort of an under the radar edition there that I think he could play that move role as well in the Patriots from the Patriots and I think that he will be quietly one of the players to make an impact for them in a versatile way.
Speaker 1: And you mentioned, yeah the receiver depth after Ze Flowers.
Speaker 2: As we wrap up, he.
Speaker 1: Had the second highest target share in the NFL last year, but he had one of the top five target shares of the last like twenty years according to FDN Fantasy. Like he's up there with like Michael Thomas with the old Saints teams. Like that's how bad it was behind them, so they need some of those.
Speaker 3: Sean Bateman, where are you at man?
Speaker 1: They drafted you know, a couple players Elijah Starat who I kind of like that of Indiana. So you and you let those tight ends go when you want to run twelve like it's it's not a lot, it's not enough weapons around Lamar ceiling floor is how we wrap up each team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's hard for me to talk. So look at this offensive line, which still question it's center obviously, but I think the offensive line got better and is going to be better this year. And I'm really high on Jesse Minter, on Decklan Doyle, on Anthony Weaver being there as well, I'm like sky high on Lamar. I it's hard for me to not say this is a deep playoff team and we'll see what happens after that if they can play a little bit more matchup friendly football, and then their floor is exactly what we just saw, you know, get to the playoffs and.
Speaker 2: Not even last year though, you know.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, I mean exactly like just be medium, be injured. I'm trying not to factor injury injuries in there, and just like kind of peter out.
Speaker 2: The schedule is very favorable.
Speaker 1: People are confused, why are the Ravens the slight favorites? All these teams are pretty close, but in terms of best odds to make the Super Bowl right now in Vegas, the Ravens are actually the favorites and they come out really well. So to the Bengals and a lot of these advanced metrics kind of projecting system because on paper, the schedule looks pretty favorable. You get the Browns twice, and you get the AFC South and you get the NFC South most importantly, so to me, the floor this team should be, yeah, making the playoffs seventh and or else it's a disaster. And you know, I'm into Onoman's first play of training camp, twenty yard downfield strike to Jay Jones.
Speaker 2: Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Maybe let's go to the Bengals. It's a great omen just just a seed. I think it'll be good.
Speaker 3: Lo Mari Year say Jones was out there.
Speaker 2: I said, Jay Jones, didn't I.
Speaker 3: Zay Flowers grag, you're steering man, your steedt.
Speaker 2: Zay Flowers the Bengals, what's get bringing us? Joy?
Speaker 1: I can't believe how much optimism there is about the Cincinnati Bengals coming off a six win team. I think it's born out from the Dexter Lawrence trade and the fact that Joe Burrow has talked about this is the best Bengals team that we've ever had, and they did very on Bengals theme on Bengals things this offseason in terms of signing Boy Mafe and bringing in Dexter Lawrence, and it does kind of feel like, you know, if not now, then when for Burrow, Chase Higgins, certainly Zach Taylor, but even that threesome. So it's like, let's not just be good on offense and have that record where we're have a losing record where we score thirty points but we lose when we blame it on the defense. Let's just let's be great. Let's be the best offense in the league. Let's not leave anything to chance, like do it.
Speaker 2: This is the year.
Speaker 3: I love that the thing that's bringing me joy. I think this probably applies to the other three starting quarterbacks in this division overall, but the fact that they're imagining their reactions is just so joyful. When they don't, they realize they don't have to, you know, be against Miles Garrett anymore, and when that actually sinks in when a starting those games or planning for those games, and what that sort of relief is going to feel like. But really, what it is to me is I never really got into the show's succession because I don't like TV shows where I hate every character. But this Bengals team is going to give me like a real life drama on plot right, because the front office has put themselves in a position where it cannot possibly be their fault if things go wrong. This is all going to be on the coaching staff. And they got the quarterback everything he ever wanted, and they actually took big swings, which brought me a lot of joy to see them actually swinging hard for different things and taking risks and trading top picks for a top player that they think is at a premier position for them and a need in Dexter Lawrence. They swung hard, the front office did. And so this is a separation. Now, I told you last year you're going to see when all of it starts. It starts right here. This is the split. We did everything, we did our jobs, we did everything. Now it's on you. If you don't got it, you're gone.
Speaker 1: Also, Joe Burrow potentially want to be gone if things go poorly, like can you keep Higgins and Chase together forever? I wouldn't be surprised if Duke Tobin, who's the quasi general manager, has gone as well if it went poorly.
Speaker 2: But I think it's set up to too well.
Speaker 3: High ceiling, really high ceiling.
Speaker 1: Really high ceiling team. And yeah, I will always defend Kendall Roy. Definitely Shive Roy. I mean to me, there's a lot of likable characters Tom I like them. You know, we all have a fault. That's my succession review. Most important non quarterback, I'll go Dexter Lawrence. We talked about him a lot when he got traded, and it's similar to how I talked about Trade Hendrickson with the Ravens. He just has to be closer to where he was a couple of years ago before the injury than he was last year. And that's real pass rush juice. Because this team does not have a lot next to him. You can say, okay, you brought Boie Mafi. I like boy Mafi. Boy Mafi worked well as one piece out of six pretty effective US rushers, and he's gonna be that for them. But those are your two main guys. They've already lost some Stewart who really struggled as a rookie.
Speaker 2: To an injury. Maybe it winds up.
Speaker 3: To not watch the serious, don't watch the video.
Speaker 1: But Lawrence can make so many people better. He's the type of force multiplier that can make the rest of the line where there's some like decent depth options. I kind of like, you know, Casius Howell to on the edge as a draft pick, like they have players, but he has to be the dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like that Cassius Howel pick. I was a little higher on that I think than consensus. But for me, the most non important non quarterback is Al Golden, so the defensive coordinator, because he that defense did actually improve over the back half of the season. It legitimately got better. DJ Turner was very very good for him for them. The corner. Dax Hill, their other corner, was very very good for them. Showed his potential, especially you know in Jalen Davis seems like he'll at least be in the lead for that nickel position. So at least they have that settled right, and they've got their front they think figured out a little bit better, especially with an anchor like Dexter Lawrence playing there. I like the fact that they brought in a little bit of depth, a little competition to Carrio Davis, the corner, the rookie corner that they drafted. I feel like I'm interested in I'm interested in the size speed combination. I'm interested to see how he can compete. And I think that the combination of Dexter Lawrence, you know, sort of as I say, this a lot the center of that solar system around all things orbiting.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: The linebackers still like they were. I mean, I just didn't think they were very good, and they showed some improvement again like the rest of the defense near the end of the season. But they just need to continue that. They need to sustain what we saw in like little spurts and flashes last year, and they need to like put it all together in a way that makes sense, not just players making their plays the way that we saw with DJ Turner at times. You know, everything has to actually work together, and Al Golden has to be the one to put that all together.
Speaker 1: And he didn't show that he could. The Bengals fans in I think rightly are trying to hold on to that improvement. But historically, being way better down the stretch doesn't mean you're going to be better the next season. The best test is how you were over the course of the season. They were the worst defense in the you know, in the NFL, and one of the worst ever for the first half, and in the end it added up to one of the worst three or four defenses. And so he hasn't shown Al Golden, who was the Notre Dame defensive coordinator. So he's bumping up from from college at least, you know, for the last three years he was in college, and maybe he had a learning curve, So he's gonna have to show it because they're not getting much schematic advantage, I don't think on offense, and they need it on defense. That leads me to my scheme dream, which is we are on like year six of hearing that Joe Burrow is open to more play action, that the running game will be under center. Joe Burrow, yeah, famously loves to play in shotgun. It feels like it's Joe Burrow's offense really, and they build it around him, which which makes sense that he hasn't been as comfortable you know, under center. They just haven't done that, and they say, he says he's open to doing that, and he thinks, you know, that could help out Chase Brown.
Speaker 2: And the running game.
Speaker 1: Which was erratic last year, really struggled at the beginning of the year. They were awful and looked better when Joe Flacco was under center. And so I don't think that's a total coincidence because Joe Flacco is not running that Joe Burrow offense.
Speaker 2: And I I.
Speaker 1: Don't want to start a controversy here, but if you look at the efficiency numbers.
Speaker 3: Had a oh I did Joe.
Speaker 1: Flacco Bengals offense was like a little better than the Joe Burrow They were both very good, to be clear, But.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Joe Flaco offense said they ran the ball better.
Speaker 2: But that's that's my scheme, little point. Will they actually do that? It'll be interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's like the only time, one of the few times I've gotten like a definite, like a very very definitive no that didn't sound like a no on a story pitch that I've pitched to a pr person is me pitching the story and then him looking at me for a long minute and saying, I'll pray on it, so.
Speaker 2: That is you will pray on it.
Speaker 3: That is Joe Burrow, I'll pray on it. We'll see. I'll figure, we'll see once I get out there. Maybe I just want to be in the gun. That's the thing I hoped you brought up, because the other thing that kind of drive has driven me crazy about the Bengals is they have so much talent. We know the Jamar Chase factor. That's an omen and a sign. That was the first pass from scrimmage here out of Bengals camp I saw on social media, and this is a a Joe Burrow passed to Jamar Chase that was effective.
Speaker 2: Not when he started the fight with TJ.
Speaker 3: No that was effective. I don't know if that's not good, not that omen inside. I don't know what to think about that one. But this is a thirty percent twelve personnel rate team, right. The problem that I have with this is that when you run twelve personnel today and last year in this league, and in this year and probably the season after that too, both of your tight ends have to be a threat in not just the passing game, but in another way too. Or they have to compliment each other in order to build those threats together. So you've got Mike Gasicki, who did miss time last year, and he's like one of the worst yards after the catch tight ends in the NFL. And then they've gotten and his names just gaving me their blocking tight end. And these guys are not first of all, being utilized in the ways that we're seeing twelve personnel be incredibly effective as true as a true mismatch combination. Mike Kasiki is a great pass catcher and very explosive when he has the chance. Yeah, the thing that I would like to see if they're going to do this and build dimension into their offense is it's a very very small, nitpicky thing, but build more like yards after the catch potential yards after the catch plays and guys that can actually do that to add more efficiency and to get you guys ahead of the sticks on especially second down, where they were one of the worst teams in the NFL run and pass last year, and so that getting those after the catch plays going on early downs really really helps with your overall efficiency and makes this offense more stable long term. I know it's a nit pick, but I just I don't I see they are like, well, we have this player, and it's like, well, there's more you can do with twelve personnel than just this.
Speaker 1: They are quite deep in the tight end room, which I like on paper. Tanner Hudson's played a lot for them. Jew sample is who you're thinking about, who've been there forever kind of.
Speaker 2: I've made it.
Speaker 3: I had a sample size pun and I didn't even use it.
Speaker 1: But eric Al was a fourth round pick two years ago that looked like he was really going to be like a complete good tight end. Then suffered a tough injury and it was tough for him to come back last year. So they do have options. You know, they still have andre Yoshavash as their third receiver. I'm just pointing out, like it's a very deep offense. It's not just those three guys. I love Chase Brown, who who's going for a new contract. You mentioned the linebackers earlier. That's my answer for things go wrong. If Demetrius Knight and Barrett Carter are the names of the rookies last year that were the worst linebacker combination in the league, this defense was lost in general, they're just counting on coaching and development. I was shocked they didn't do more this offseas to help that position specifically. I think it's a pretty good roster. Otherwise they have Orn Burks who's played a lot of NFL football. But if your linebackers are getting cooked week after week, you're kind of doa as a defense. So that's where I go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's two things that I like this team a lot on paper, and I think it's an explosive, high ceiling offense potential, right, But they're counting on two things, and that's my things go wrong if you're counting on the wrong things to go right for you, which is a that your scheme and your teaching and your players have evolved, or they're going to take the next step forward in a way that makes sense, that is functional for the entire group, that puts everyone in the best position to play, and not just the quarterback, although that matters too. And then are you overly depending on the fact that just people are getting healthy again, And that to me is a big question. Their camp, their field stuff just started today, right, so we just don't know what we don't know yet. But for me, things go wrong if they've depended too much on the wrong things.
Speaker 1: One minute, they've also gotten a repation as well. We fix the offensive line. When I watch you know, I know on paper, Amarus Mims is a good right tackle, Orlando Brown. They've paid a lot of money to that. I don't know if he's great. They are coming all back for the right and the but the interior lines, like when I watch him, I don't think of I don't think they perform like a great offensive line. Maybe it's partly because of what we talked about with Burrow. It's not helping out the running game and it's just a pass past past offense. I gotta I gotta see it. And yet, when I think about the ceiling of this team, do you think ceiling floor that they can be one of the teams that win the Super Bowl? The weird thing is, well, I'll let you answer first.
Speaker 3: Well, I feel like you wanted to answer very badly. I do feel I feel like they are one of the teams that can get to the super Bowl. I feel like I see their schedule and I see this division how we likes, just strange it is. And I see that their quarterback and what he can do, and the again, like I mentioned, the explosive ceiling, if they can just be like middle third. Defensively, I think this offense takes them a lot farther.
Speaker 2: Sure, and then what's the floor?
Speaker 3: Then, oh, same as we've been seeing, you know, and certainly like injury or not, you know, everyone they're doing the same thing. You know, it's not working. The defense is getting carved apart.
Speaker 1: Because they I mean, they won six games last year. That was pretty low.
Speaker 3: It's a huge variance team. I compare it to some of these There are a few teams that I think have extraordinary variants from what their ceiling is and what their floor is, and I think the Bengals are one of them.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: And yet the last three years they have not won ten games in any of those seasons. Pretty crazy with Joe Burrow, and you'd be like, oh, Joe Burrow's been hurt. They've been pretty close to a five hundred team. I think, just over it when Joe Burrow starts. They do have one of the best backup quarterbacks in the league right now. Flacco is still playing at a high level. He's going to have a second year in that system.
Speaker 3: So till you're starting this controversy up.
Speaker 1: To me, their floor is more like nine to eight, which is where they were twenty three and twenty four. They you know, they had a winning record at least, and yeah, they're ceiling. I can't I can't see them winning the super Bowl because they're the Bengals.
Speaker 3: I could making it to it though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean yeah, I'm gonna put them in the conference championship. I'm sorry, that's that's your ceiling. You're gonna get there and you're gonna be like, we have a chance to win the super Bowl. But then you'll think back to this episode and think, Nope, it's all going to end right here.
Speaker 2: To me, that's I think.
Speaker 3: Man, I really wish that Jordan threw out her Drew sample. Pun I what was it for another time? Greg?
Speaker 2: I mean, you've brought it up twice.
Speaker 3: We're onto the Browns.
Speaker 2: We're not. We're going to take a quick break and then we'll be onto the bread.
Speaker 1: Back on NFL Daily, the much rumored, much anticipated, much talked about preview of the Cleveland Browns. What's bringing you joy? No, you're not getting joy.
Speaker 3: What is bringing me? Cautious optimism is a better framing of my boundaries. I'm in therapy. Cautious optimism for me. Yes, the offensive line is pretty much all new again, but I think it's maybe on a better track this time than is certainly what they tried to do last year. And I think that there's some young talent that I really like and fused in there. I was really high on Spencer Fanno. I think he's going to be a really great player. Titus Howard is the other tackle, hopefully he takes a step forward, and Zion Johnson who had a really rough time of it in Los Angeles with the Chargers before coming over to the Browns. They're hoping a fresh start is really good for him. And Tevin Jenkins is the other guard and Elgton, which I can never say the first time. Jenkins is the new center. The thing about this and four of the five spots are new, and yes Elkton Jenkins has had some injury history as well. Coming over from the Packers. They did bring a rookie fifth rounder, Parker Brailsford, who is the starter at Alabama, which I always like. I always like when you've got sort of like a veteran experience starter, even if you're getting him in the later rounds, and they needed to infuse some depth in here. They're kind of going with this like young wait till next year kind of vibe internally, and so I think that this is very much indicative of that. And I'd like to see them improve, and I am cautiously optimistic that they will over the course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got way too old on the offensive line last year. Look Zion Johnson. The Chargers were happy enough about him that they gave him a monster contract offer to come back. So I think he timed his best play well. And there the Browns I think are rightly high on this offensive line. Good trick here for Elton Jenkins. The G silent I'll just ignore it.
Speaker 3: Well, I can't ignore it because it's a L and a G and that's in my brain.
Speaker 1: It's just right there in the middle of the word. It's very complicated.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have to type it like Elton john to get this right.
Speaker 2: It took me like five years.
Speaker 1: I think it was hearing some Packers announcer that just and then I looked it up.
Speaker 2: It was like, oh, the G silent love, I love it.
Speaker 1: You want to move in silence on you, like like the GM lasagna, Little Wayne. Yeah, the youth is what's bringing me joy. Aaron Schotz did a ranking of the best teams for under twenty five talent. Cleveland Brown's top five, and I buy it. Harold Fannon coming off surgery at tight end, but he's already practicing. Quen John Juggins also got hurt, so there is some Browns curse here, but loved Juggins coming. Carson Schwesterner like could have an incredible career based on his rookie season. I love the on paper the draft, although we'll see you know, Casey Conception and Denzel Boston are fun at receiver. It's a lot of good young talent That kind of leads me right too, because it's all connected that like Schwestender or Spencer fan of the left tackle are my two most important n quarterbacks. I don't know if you had one of those and then I wouldn't talk about him.
Speaker 3: No, I like, I like that. I would love to hear more.
Speaker 1: Of your thoughts because Fano it's left tackle. They had their choice of the entire draft on the offensive line. That's where they decided to go and if they get that pick right. As good as their rookie class was last year, it was almost exclusively at the non premium positions. Now you throw a left tackle in the mix that's a legit guy, and hopefully one or two of these receivers work out, then you really have something for their quarterback of the future. And I don't want to repeat what I said listened to the under twenty five team we did was shook earlier. But Questionner has a chance to be like a franchise pick. And I don't want to put you don't want to put that on someone right away, but can he be like a defining player. There's a difference, I think between having a good rookie season that he did really good and becoming that guy. So it's just doing it again and doing it at a higher level.
Speaker 3: That's where my most important non quarterback I went again here with the coach, and that's Mike Rutenberg of the Rutenberg Bible. I feel like it's it's just such huge shoes to fill. It's a really tough job to take on following the really messy departure of Jim Schwartz, and I think what he can do best is really lean into the things that already worked, and he's got new personnel. Miles Garrett has obviously been traded, Jared versus is there Jared versus an outstanding young talent who's really going to anchor one side of that offensive line. It's going to be an Alex Wright and Isaiah Maguire combination. Probably on the other side, Malik Collins should be back. Like this looks on paper like this could be a Yes rebuilt. No, it's not, Miles Garrett Less. It's like, you know, flipping on a light bulb versus turning on the surface of the sun. But this is like, this has real potential. With Sweatchinger in the back, you're not worried about cleaning up the table for the linebackers as much with what you do up front. And then they've got some real talent in the defensive backfield. Denzel Ward gets paid, Grant Delpit gets paid. I know you guys covered that on the news show. And Emmanuel McNeil Warren the safety out of Toledo. I really liked him in the draft. So it just all fits kind of the architecture that already existed. He has a similar he comes from, like a similar scheme rules in terms of his coverages that Jim Schwartz did. They like covering up the middle of the field, they like really playing aggressively and really complimenting in that way with the front and I just he just needs to not try to do too much. Just just let these guys develop and play to their strengths.
Speaker 1: I always worry about that, and and sometimes it works. The coach that comes in, it's like, we're not going to change everything. Where ethan inheriting like almost an elite situation. But then I think about guys like Josh Grizzard last year, like who was trying to do that a lot of times when he tried to just like hold on to what happened before. It's tough because you're not just losing Miles Garrett. You're losing Miles Garrett and Jim Schwartz. And that's that's why things go go wrong. If because the defense is talented, I think Quincy Williams could have like a pop up good year, like rebounding next to the Swessenger as like a guy who just does crazy stuff.
Speaker 2: You're laughing because I killed Quincy Williams all last year.
Speaker 3: Yes, that, but also I'm like, I don't even know if I should tell you what my things go wrong? Is continue not tell me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because part of them collapsing on defense, and defense is unpredictable. Is like, if it doesn't go well, like they could start trading guys, you know, and they're just that team. We haven't even talked about the quarterback situation, but it's Shitter Sanders and Deshaun Watson, two guys who no one expects to be the quarterback next year. And so like, if the defense is let's say twentieth in the NFL for the first six or seven weeks, they're probably one and six at that point.
Speaker 2: And then do.
Speaker 3: You not think are happy happy about that? I don't think they're trading players at that point? Do you not think they're happy about that? My things go wrong if as if they play too well.
Speaker 2: It's like the schedule could help them, can help them out.
Speaker 3: And then look at and this goes to some First of all, I think the defense is going to be good still, and then the scheme dream part for me is I love all the move players all over this offense. It's kind of awesome. They've got some holes still. I'm looking at you know, their receivers is still you know, a little bit thin in parts. It's partially rebuilt with Casey conception on and Denzil Boston, Jerry Judy is still there. I'm still looking to see who steps in and kind of fills out that complimentary room the way that they want to. Dylan Samson, the second running back, second stream running back, was actually the number one running back in screen EPA last season. And this is like a Harold fannin all these receivers build layers and textures and can move into different positions at once, and there's motion and there's formation changes, and like, I like it.
Speaker 1: It's not a bad roster that Andrew Berry's put together, minus the quarterbacks. The questions, right, it's like can the young players keep it up? And can the wide receiver room somehow sort out? And yet you have four or five guys if you count Isaiah Bond and Cidric Tillman as guys like who could contribute. Bill Simmons was on mina Shower earlier this week and threw them out as like a potential playoff team, and I was like, wow, I've not heard anyone say that. But if you were looking for a stunning surprise, like I always look to the lines first as who could be a surprising team, And there are routes to these lines. Yeah, being quite effective. I don't see it. I don't think that's how it's going to go in the end. But they're a little more talented than some of the bottom dwellers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I wouldn't normally do this, but with the Browns, I think you have to because you have to look at next season with them. I think they've made that very clear with some of the moves that they've made, and then really accentuating the draft the last two drafts as a total rebuild, of almost total rebuild, they kept, you know, they obviously kept some like pillars quote unquote, but so far they have eleven first round picks in twenty twenty seven. Again, I would not bring this up this early, but this is kind of what they're looking at too. The two first rounders are there, but it's really interesting they don't so far have twos or threes, so it's almost like it next year yet. And so if you really are gonna maybe play too well and play yourself out of quarterback contention, what you actually need other than those two first is actually the twos and threes to bundle into short term capital gain for the team. That's trading their first round pick to you to move up. So this is a very delicate and strange tightrope that they're walking. I think I'm assuming they're going to be better than they were last year, and that's why I'm sort of talking about it like this. But it's like that is a really funny place to be. Is hey, your roster kind of looks like it's got some juice to it at this point, and could you maybe have backed yourself into the wrong corner here?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: And Todd Mounkin is the new head coach there, and can he provide a schematic advantage? I think he's overall been an effective, inventive offensive coordinator, had some great years with Lamar Jackson. Fell apart a little last year, but overall was good, great there. It's just it's just the quarterbacks. Like the talk about bad omens. The first play of h brownstraining Camp or no, this wasn't a first play, but within the first practice of brownstraining Camp, Watson through interceptions on back to back place and that's just.
Speaker 2: It says where he's at.
Speaker 1: I assume should Sanders is going to play more football than Deshaun Watson. I think Shouldar Sanders has a chance to carve out a solid NFL career, and this would be the year to really make it happen and improve as a second.
Speaker 3: Year player I have I'm on the record on this show talking about how I'm higher I think than some on the upside of him long term of Shouldar Sanders. I also don't ever underestimate the pride and some of the ego that goes into trying to make a contract work, even if it's a late you know, a late effort. And I would not be surprised if this is not reported or whatever, but that just my vibe. Reed, I would not be surprised if we see Deshaun Watson, then they just try to make it work the entire season.
Speaker 1: I am hoping for Browns fans for myself, who you know, I'm a hater that just Deshaun Watson gives them no choice but to benjam to not play him in the.
Speaker 3: Foot would before he would have before last time he took the field right.
Speaker 1: And I even mean like in camp like this, and that's where you love football, because if he plays at the level. Some of the reporters who've been watching him this offseason have indicated and that he's played last time he had a chance, Like they can want to see if it's gonna work out, but he might give them the answer, and just watching him for three weeks be like, we can't play this guy. We actually maybe just feel good. Let's get rid of him before the season even starts. Give the Browns fans some you know, they'll just feel lighter if that happens.
Speaker 3: Well, we've been saying this for years.
Speaker 1: I know, but I'm just saying, if he was awful, maybe you just roll with shitter and then Dylan Gabriel is your is your backup? Well, I hope little lan yapp here. That's just when we give some the extra there en percentage. The century is three forty three, three forty three. The next closest worst team in the NFL is the over the you know, twenty first centuries, the Raiders, but they're at three ninety something.
Speaker 2: That's a huge gap.
Speaker 1: Like the difference between them and the Raiders is like the difference between the Raiders and like the twentieth team in the NFL. Oh, my lord, ceiling floor you indicated. I think that they're ceiling maybe is a little higher than people think.
Speaker 3: So I actually I was looking at their schedule and I actually saw seven possible, possible, possible wins. But you know, I have no proof. I have no proof that they're going to do better than expected or even at expected. And you know, I say this with you know a lot of empathy for Browns fans who have just been waiting to be a quarterback away for a long time and had to deal with the blow of the trade, and you know, you know all of the different sort of strategy shifts that this team has done over the last couple of years. But I just can't. I cannot. I have to hedge it with possible until I actually see that it could be probably.
Speaker 1: Lord number one overall pick. Yeah, okay, so you think they could be that bad. I think it's a similar ceiling because of the schedule. I don't think it's that hard to win six seven games in the NFL.
Speaker 2: It's I think it's.
Speaker 3: Over famously you think this, and I would disagree with you.
Speaker 1: I mean, the numbers just on a logistics level, I mean the numbers.
Speaker 2: Tell me I'm right.
Speaker 1: Basically eighty five percent of the league does it every year.
Speaker 3: Not the numbers, Greg, it's the way you say it.
Speaker 1: It's not that hard to win six or seven games. It's been hard for the Browns, But I think I agree with you. I do think there's a path where they get to six seven wins. But yeah, the floor's three in picking high Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: Ooh spicy.
Speaker 1: I think they're a variants team too, Yeah, major way. I do think there's a higher ceiling for them. They bring back Aaron Rodgers for one last rodeo hashtag last rodeo.
Speaker 2: They bring back Mike.
Speaker 1: McCarthy for one last rodeo, and he just seems so prized and delighted and emotional. The Pittsburgh kid comes home. And they bring back a lot of talent on both sides in terms of their line play. They pick up Michael Pittman in the off season. What is bringing you joy about a team that didn't bring me a lot of joy last year?
Speaker 3: Frankly, Yeah, well I like them first of all this year. Second of all, what really brought me joy was Aaron Rodgers opening up the week talking about how playing more under center will help them on early downs and getting the play action going. Now, this man was in shotgun on almost sixty eight percent of his snaps last season, And what brought me joy was picturing Green Bay Packers head coach Matt Lafleur reading that, reading that clip or watching that clip on his phone and just that just throwing his face, trying to tell him. I tried to tell him all those.
Speaker 2: Years, but he did it. Like back with Green Bay that led to the best.
Speaker 3: But it was such a I did a partial partially did a documentary series on it. It was like such a compromise. Wers like play play by play, what do you like? What do I like? What do you like?
Speaker 2: What do I like?
Speaker 3: Under center, play action, run past play action, those bootlegs, the long developing boots have always been a part of Mike McCarthy's system. That's bringing me a little joy. We're going to see the modern throwback version of this guy, who I just don't think ever gets enough credit in terms of his influence on the league and how we play football today. I'm curious if he will adjust to certain things. More on that in a later section. But those two, the combination of that's bringing me joy.
Speaker 1: You're absolutely right of how he in New Orleans was a very influential, young, hot shot offensive coordinator and then helped change the league, and I think he has adapted more based on his personnel, and that's what's important. It's not about the scheme. It's about like fitting your players to the scheme. And so I am curious how this one is going to look. And that is what's bringing me joy is just McCarthy's offseason, utter surprise, utter joy at the time of his life where he can openly appreciate. I can't freaking believe I got this job and that I sold the Rooneys, And I think he believes it in his heart, and I think the Rooneys believe it in his heart that actually.
Speaker 2: We weren't that far away, Like the talent is there.
Speaker 1: I don't actually think it's that crazy a notion they if they had Rock Bertie at quarterback, I would be like, this can be a contender Capital C. I've got my major doubts about Aaron Rodgers, and yet the rest of the roster and the McCarthy hire even like they needed someone new, and even though it's McCarthy, I think they actually might get a benefit from seeing things a different way.
Speaker 2: Who is your most important on quarterback?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Famously, As I told you before the show started, had a hard time picking because there's a lot of players who I think are going to majorly contribute to this.
Speaker 2: Team famously to who to you, okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, famous, just to me famously, Okay, we're in a vacuum, and I wanted to save Patrick Graham for my scheme dream because I'm really excited about Patrick.
Speaker 2: Just combine them here, Combine them.
Speaker 3: Fine, fine, greg Patrick Graham, and the combination of this front structure, specifically Nick Herbig, who was my lead candidate for most important non quarterback, just because I think he should play more. Patrick Graham and this defense. I'm so curious what he's going to do with this front structure because yes, we know he's got the three edge rushers, Nick Herbig, aforementioned Nick Herbig, Alex Heismith and TJ. Watt. And Nick Herbig just got paid the four year, hundred million dollar deal despite playing two hundred less snaps than TJ Watt.
Speaker 1: Despite DJ Watt missing a big jung of the season, yes, like at the end of the year, and it couldn't even get him on the field.
Speaker 2: That was famous.
Speaker 3: Famously on this show. The thing about Patrick Graham that was a it's such a gift when he can do it the way he wants to do it. But it became such a dead weight to him in Las Vegas was that he's like really genuinely excellent at shaping his scheme to his players. Like coaches say this, you just said it. Coaches say it all the time. We want to evolve our scheme to our players. We want to do what maximizes our players. He actually does not ascribe to a specific system, although he comes from Belichick. He has some Floras in their Spagnolo in there too, but he doesn't say he comes from a specific playbook or system that he has to teach. It's instead very much player based. It's very teachable, it's very like uploadable for players, and he's very specific with them. He is not afraid to all out blitz. He's not afraid to fake like he's all out blitzing and then dropping everybody. He's not afraid to design like this crazy fastball pressure. He's not afraid of move players. I think players like Joey Porter Junior when he's back, Jalen Ramsey when he's back. You know, Jamel Dean is here now, Jaquan Brisker is here now. So we talked about the front, but this coverage structure I think could be so exciting and so so interesting. Don't think too hard about the middle of the field, but everywhere else. I just think Patrick Graham could absolutely design some like Brian Flora's level. Where's talking about cool, magical stuff through the course of the season. That's my hope and my ceiling for what that defense can look like.
Speaker 1: You texted me at eight fifteen this morning, got really excited about Patrick Graham this morning.
Speaker 2: We are so back. I'm with you.
Speaker 1: If I had to describe Patrick Graham's scheme over the years, it would probably be do stuff like, we're gonna do some stuff, some stuff, we're not gonna not do stuff, and it's often very different.
Speaker 2: It can change based on the week.
Speaker 1: I think that's the Belichick Flora's influence, but you're right that it's not always like the same year after year, even the middle of the season. He's an interesting coach to watch, and I think this is the most talent he's had, maybe ever. Yeah, he was back with the Giants. They had some back then, but I think this is probably the best team he's had. That leads to my most important on quarterback. Who's TJ. Watt, And I think TJ. Watt could benefit from Patrick Graham, Mike Tommins. Defense was very static, was very old fashioned. Tjwatt specifically, I think he didn't want to move. Yeah, but they listen to him. They are going to move TJ. Watt around. I think they'll rotate him more, which could benefit him. It really hurts your team build if you have a guy who's guaranteed mid thirty million dollars for the next two seasons and he's dragging wait a little bit. At the end of last season, he looked tired, looked a little injured. Was definitely their third best edge in terms of a pass rusher. Still effective early in the year, but not the same TJ.
Speaker 2: Watt.
Speaker 1: So he's just a big He's like larger than life. And if they can bring out like a late career TJ. Watt one of my most memorable seasons when I get inducted into the Hall of Fame, because he is going into the Hall of Fame, he has already had that career. But sometimes with those guys, it's like, oh, you thought they were declining and that at the end they show you a little more greatness when you weren't expecting it.
Speaker 2: That's this season, Colin am but not for me.
Speaker 3: No, I feel like that's part of that was part of my herbic note is like sometimes paying the other guy gets the best out of the first guy. And I think that that is super super important here, that little extra like you call it land yet, but like that motivation and all of those different things that really go into the and a fresh start, like a fresh new thing to learn and thing to try to explore and be curious about. I think that's really going to be important for him.
Speaker 2: And they're doing things differently the Beat reporting.
Speaker 1: I thought Mark Clole who writes for Pat McAfee, but he writes it on Twitter like just amazed, and everyone's so amazed about the attention to detail and how like organized practices and how they're doing.
Speaker 3: This that, and they're not tackling as hard in practice.
Speaker 1: They're not tackling at all in terms of life tackling like Tomlin was one of the last coaches that was still doing that, and you almost got the sense, you know, Toman had been there a long time, and I think changed sometimes just for change sakes is good. I will give you. In terms of my scheme. Dream a test here. If you can name can't look down. If you can name the Steelers offensive coordinator for the twenty twenty sixth season, I will get your next lunch at the huddle.
Speaker 3: Oh it's it's the guy who played for who was with him in It's rollicker ball. It's something that's like Clichio something.
Speaker 2: Okay, you got closer there.
Speaker 3: It's Ichyo something that's close. But he was his guy in Green Bay.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to give him to you. It's Brian Angelicio.
Speaker 3: Angelicio, I knew it. I was just like, man, I know, well, it's like a flourish, a little flourish.
Speaker 1: I have to admit, not familiar with that man and just curious, Yeah, what what we already talked about this Mike. It's really a Mike McCarthy offense. Certainly, how he works with quarterbacks and their drops and the details is really.
Speaker 2: His signature.
Speaker 1: And yet, uh, you look and they drafted Jeremy Bernard in the second round to be their third receiver. They trade for Michael Pittman DK Metcalf. Can we get him going down the field a little more? You have our guy Mount Washington, Darnel Washington, how they're gonna use him in Friarmouth.
Speaker 2: Does that change?
Speaker 1: You lost Kenny Gainwell at running back, but you did bring in a bruiser and rico' daddle behind Jalen Warren. There's enough talent here, especially adding pittman Man. I think a really solid too, But there's not a lot of explosiveness. Yeah, and so this team's going to have to I think work hard to score, and I think they need to get more out of DK Metcalf being explosive because he can be.
Speaker 3: That was my things go wrong if I think that's a really great point that you brought up, because they felt like like that posture you have after you get your laptop too long, Like that's what their offense felt like. And I'm you're, yeah, this is an audio medium, but I'm doing it. They're getting on the YouTube, they're.
Speaker 1: Getting that little bump now on their neck that a lot of kids are getting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the little yeah iPhone face or whatever it's called. I don't know, we're getting off track here. I think that this they also had to live in the world where they created some of those explosives that they did get on yards after the catch plays. This was an Aaron Rodgers world where he just wanted to get the ball out. He was still probably not feeling very good, you know, with his feet and his knee, and just was needed to try to just get those quick outs. Kenneth Gainwell, who's not there anymore, was the player who really capitalized on that for them. I think Jalen Warren is going to be still really effective in the passing game. So I'm curious because I do think Pittman becomes more of that inside move player, like that power slot kind of vibe where he's going. We can see how he runs after the catch. He's a tough player. He can turn out some of those extra yards. So that's fine there, But how are the otherwise are they going to create explosives? What are they going to do with maybe not three receivers that they want to use, like the way that Mike McCarthy typically has. Maybe a combination of the running back and the tight end as your third receiver. Maybe you play with some formation. We talked about the play action, which should help their explosives if they actually do it. I want to see Dk Metcalf get down the field like he wants.
Speaker 1: To do, right, I think things go wrong if I had a couple answers, but like, if they play offense the way they did a year, I don't think how Aaron Rodgers played last year is sustainable. Maybe get you to nine and eight if your defense is playing well. But he has to hold onto the ball a little longer. He has to be willing to go down the field. It might have been personnel, scheme, whatever, but he has to play different. I also think things go wrong if the secondary, which to me is incredible variance. I think this is a variants team. You mentioned Jalen Ramsey, like, he's an up and down player. He's starting this year injured. Jaquan Brisker is a massive hitter, but he's an injury risk. Jameel Dean's career has been a little up and down. Deshaun Elliott's there and kind of revived himself. He's a little up and down. I think Joey Porter Junior is good, but he's kind of a like a he runs hot. So this is very in city. It could be an awesome secondary, Like things could go very wrong. Yeah, I kind of see that with this team in general. I think their ceiling is a little higher than people think sounds like you.
Speaker 3: Agree yes and no, because when I thought about it at the end of the day, I have too many questions still about the quarterback and the style of ball that the quarterback will play. This is like a data gathering team for me because I believe that the defense is going to be so fun. I agree with that variant, but I think that Patrick Graham's defense almost manipulates or uses variants to his advantage, helps him become like not super easy to scout, like you mentioned at the week to week game plans, those types of things. I was talking to Quab one of our great producers on the show, and I was like, we were talking about his favorite teams of Steelers, and he was like, what do you think the ceiling in the floor is? And I was like, what do you think it is? And he goes either ten and seven or seven and ten, and I was like, that's the Steelers.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, that's where I'm at. That's a little depressing. So you don't see a path to winning the division. I actually think there's enough talent and I have an underline to hear enough on the offensive line, Max Ihanachor and the guards and Zach Frazier. I think there's enough talent on the offensive line and then the pass rush and Cam Hayward still on the defensive line. There's good talented bodies behind them. I think there's enough talent for them if things go really right and we're a little wrong about Rogers to win this division and have a genuinely like surprising, we're in the mix. I can't see them like, I can't see them going to the super Bowl or anything, but I could see them winning the division, winning a playoff game or something. I think the ceiling is higher than people are giving them credit for. I mentioned the variants between Rogers in the secondary. Yeah, I'm with you on seven and ten. It is kind of the floor for this team. That is it, except for our division predictions. In the end, how do you sort these four teams? I'll go first to give you a little time, I will put the Steelers third. Still, ultimately I think they land in the middle. I'm just giving myself some room to see that it's possible.
Speaker 3: But Eier takes right there.
Speaker 2: No, it just takes. It's how I feel.
Speaker 1: But I still do put the Bengals above them as the second place team.
Speaker 2: I do have the Ravens first, Browns last.
Speaker 3: I have the Ravens first. I think if the all goes well for the Ravens, that's a super Bowl team or potentially to be a super Bowl team. I've got the Bengals second. Again, such a high ceiling. This is like variant city here through most of the AFC North Steelers, third, Browns, Fourth.
Speaker 1: You already put three AFC West teams in the playoffs, so are you putting two in here?
Speaker 2: Three? We'll have our final playoff predictions.
Speaker 3: I get sweaty when you asked me to predict this.
Speaker 1: Because yeah, if you went like three here, then you're just not even possible mathematically.
Speaker 3: And I just then I just starts.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'll give you until the end of the month, we will do our official playoff predictions.
Speaker 2: Yea. Then, but we're lining up the time.
Speaker 3: I'm really looking forward to that.
Speaker 1: I know we have a great show coming up later on Thursday, just updating you on all the news. That will be myself and Jordan rodrieg I can't wait to see you. Then, all the teams are practicing, training camp is off and running time. Sometimes you start it and then you're like, I'm already done. We're through three divisions right. We also might have a little land yap in your feed later this week. Glad weekend. That'll be a little spress