Speaker 1: Welcome to another episode of Busting with the Boys. I am your host, Will Compton. We have a lot to talk about on this intro before we actually we'll give you guys a little teaser Taylor Fallen Soldier. We can talk about that for a second. We have Spootober coming up. October first. Spootober is fucking the week is here and hey boys, can we get some fucking energy Spootober Saturday, October first.
Speaker 2: The spook is fucking upon us.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 1: We will uh, we'll talk about the rules of Spootober because we do know that we've the boys have been on a terror this entire year. Terror is used too now hanging well play. We got Spootober coming up, so we got some new listeners. People are gonna want to know how do we how do we partake in Spootober?
Speaker 2: What else pft we interviewed. We were in Knoxville over the weekend.
Speaker 1: We interviewed pf T and he brought his uh, he brought his friend with him. He said in on the episode as well NFL headlines. We'll talk we can talk about bet the bus. How what did I go yesterday? Three and one? Three and one The guy went three and two. The parlay hit as well. The bet the Boys parlay hit as well. Like We're fucking back, we had a bad college, bad collegiate collegiate Day on Saturday.
Speaker 2: We will probably not talk about that part.
Speaker 1: But before we get into this whole episode, this episode is brought to you by the Chevy Silverado. It's still early in the season and every team is still in the hunt. And I mean ever, make sure to bleed that out. Make sure to bleed that out. And every team is still in the hunt. You might have started off oing three and you might think your season is dead. However that's not the case. It's still very early in the year. Your team can go on an absolute terror and h and ended up turning it around in an instant. It's the NFL any given Sunday Boys. But the team that has already won it all is the Chevy Silverado. According to JD Power, the Chevy is the most awarded brand for new vehicle quality and Chevy trucks have won more new Vehicle Quality awards than any other brand. Champions don't stop, they keep moving forward. They don't settle, they don't listen to the outside noise of all the success that they have had and rattled off week in and week out. The Silverado brings everything with this unstoppable grit and determination. Head over to Chevy dot com to learn more about the Chevy Silverado, or go to your just go to your local retailer.
Speaker 2: Is that what it is? Local retailer? Did it? Local dealership? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Dealership. I think that's the right local dealership. Let them know that the boys sent you. If you go to free Lanado in the greater Nashville area, they're gonna hook you up at the free trailer hitchin some merchandise that's already been established for those guys who love the data and love the trust the data. For JD Power twenty twenty U twenty twenty two US award information, visit jdpower dot com Forward Slash Awards. Now let's get into it. Where should we start? Should we start as scoot Ober? Should we let people understand like What'spootober? Or should we take a moment for the fallen soldier?
Speaker 2: So you guys are probably.
Speaker 1: Wondering why the boy h Taylor is not here to co host. He uh, we lost him early in the game last Monday night. Monday Night in Buffalo. Somebody shot him from up in the nosebleeds. He dropped I think on first or second play the game, and he just got told the information a couple of days ago that his season is over.
Speaker 2: So the boy is headed to I R.
Speaker 1: But if you're watching right now, I think what we should do is we should act like he's like dead.
Speaker 2: We should we.
Speaker 1: Should make it seem like he died like Taylor died on the field, he died on the grid iron. Because everybody's making I think there's some stuff going around Taylor appreciation posts.
Speaker 2: All that stuff is coming, is coming on the timeline.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I think we should just pretend that we lost him, Like, so, let's are.
Speaker 3: We gonna put Taylor in the clouds with Rambe?
Speaker 1: Maybe we should? I think we should Yah, yeah, yeah. If you're watching right now, comment ri I P Taylor? Want, Are I pee the boy?
Speaker 2: Any of it?
Speaker 1: We're just gonna act like we've we've lost him in battle. But with that said, like, let's take a moment of silence. Tary lawan all time left tackle for the Tennessee Titans, no longer with us.
Speaker 2: Thanks boys, Taylor, We love you brother. See you next week.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: But that sucks, man, Like the boys battled the last few years and just I've watched it the whole him trying to g b O T get back on track. After the first ACL, tear my man gets popped for the PD thing, battles through that, coming back the next year, Tear's is a cl midway through the year, was having was having a good year. There's is a CL and that's what started the whole fucking up and down roller coaster rider coming back because it's tough, Like you look at Green Bay, like toris ACL the same year later in the year. David didn't play it all last year and he's been getting slowly put back in this year, so essentially like two years to bounce back from an ACL, and it's just brutal, man. I see the work that this dude puts in every off season or has put in every off season.
Speaker 2: Just get back on track.
Speaker 1: Like, mentally, that is a fucking grind to come back from a major surgery, especially when you feel the pressure in the stresses of being like the highest paid offensive lineman when he signed that deal, Like there's a lot of expectation of pressure that comes with that, and you can think of it as like, I mean, you're paid, it's all good, Like you're gonna be all that's true, but the human element, all of us, like you end up you end up subconsciously putting that pressure on yourself because you want, you love and appreciate a fan base in a city that drafted you and bet on you a second time for a five year deal, and you feel like you don't want to let those people down. Yes, you're taking care of forever, but like you hate like letting, Like football is the most selfish spport in the world, and when you feel like you can't be out there, you feel like you're disappointing your teammate, your coaches, the people that believe in you, your family like the fans, and everything else, especially when you know you're doing everything necessary every off season. My man, the food, like everything, the pts, Like he's done so much shit to try and bounce back, and for him to like be put on on ir again for the same knee, it's just got to be such a tough blow mentally because again, like you have some of the games last year where you come out or you get rolled up on or you're limping, or you have the swelling Hipri extended his knee in the Seattle game during fucking warm ups last year and can't play, And I would assume like as a player you think of like you get labeled as an injury guy, Like that fucking sucks because then when you're labeled that, like you feel like you have to over explain yourself for being injured because you're just so like, I mean, you want nothing more than they go out there and play and play at a high level. And then when you get taken out and it's to the knee and there's not like hope on coming back, it's just like it sucks because it's been like three years of that for the boy.
Speaker 6: Well beginning of the season two, when the Titans release Current, he became the longest tenure Titan. Yeah, so that just adds on top of what you're saying, like you don't want to let anyone down.
Speaker 3: It's like Taylor to One has been here, he's he's he was.
Speaker 1: Like the only guy in the roster who has seen a losing season in Tennessee because they've turned it around the way they have since Rabels came on board. And it just sucks, dude, Like it's it's uh, it's brutal, like that's just that fucking sucks, and like you know, I am on the business side of it. Like again, you you just you play all those games because you want to be in the two Tone balloon like two Tone Blue your entire career, and uh, yeah, you play so many different situations in your head and it just sucks.
Speaker 2: It just sucks your primetime. You're ready to fucking block von Miller.
Speaker 1: I mean fuck, I wouldn't want to block von Miller, but uh, and then to go out, I just fucking for what was it second play the game, first play, second play?
Speaker 3: It was in the first drive.
Speaker 2: I would know that, Yeah, I just I man, it fucking sucks.
Speaker 1: And to think like, oh, I'm about I got a clip back again like Thomas Davis towards ACL like three times and still a mask like a Pro Bowl and shit like that. But just the the mental like fortitude and shit, you need to have to like again, be like, fuck, it's about to be another grueling fucking year to about, Yeah, another battle to bounce back on. It sucks, man, But the boy will be back with us next week. You'll probably be be hearing from him. Soon, but obviously, given that he just heard his uh news a couple of days ago, he wanted to take a week in all respects to the boy. Remember, if you're in the comments right now, we're gonna, we're gonna he's dead like we lost him, but uh just just.
Speaker 2: Like like he's gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, speaking of dead, fucking Spootober is upon us. And for everybody knew that's sitting in that doesn't necessarily know what Spootober is. Spootober is the entire month of October. Like holiday season starts with Spootober, you get in a full month of Spootober. Then you got Thanksgiving and to look forward to. Then you got Christmas to look forward to. Holliday's seasons like here, and nothing gets you in the nothing gets you in the season like Spootober, like October coming up like Halloween. The Goos, the Goblins, the Killers, the Slashers, Mike Myers, Jason forhe'es all the boys. So here is how you participate in Spooktober rule number one. Refer to October as Spooktober. Rule number two. You watch a spook a day. What I mean by that it can be a scary movie. It can be like a Halloween holiday theme movie. It could be like Charlie Brown, it could be a cartoon. It doesn't matter. As long as you're in the spirit of Spootober. You gotta run a spook a day. Maybe you got kids at home and they need to You want to throw something on it and get them in the spook, get them in the vibes. But all you gotta do Rule number two, watch a spook a day. We will be dropping a movie that we watch every day. Engage with us, talk to us. We love that shit. We'll be sharing it because again, we are all embracing the spook together, which leads me to rule number three. A Halloween themed event every weekend. Whether you go to a pumpkin patch, a haunted house, you know what else? Boys out of what is it? The haunted cornfield? Yeah, haunted cornfields? A punkin patch. Again, you go to another bump up, different pumpkin patch. There you o bossy, We said pumpkin patch the first one, But that's okay.
Speaker 2: You can double up our bumpkin patches.
Speaker 1: You go apple picking, something that just gets you out there, drinks some cider like partake. Maybe you have a little fire and you guys are embracing the spook somehow every weekend, figure out a way to embrace the spook. And rule number four, which I've said it with the last two rules, is embrace the spook.
Speaker 2: One way you can do.
Speaker 1: That outside of all those rules is we also have merchandise. What you see me wearing a Spootober dad had. We just added that to the toolbox. We got Spootober team shirts out there, uh store DP barstool sports dot com. For slash Bust with the boys, you will see our Spootober merch. Buy a piece of merch. We got cool shirts, cool shirts and a hat. And that's pretty much it, right, two shirts and a hat. Embrace the fucking spook, a spook a day Halloween themed event each weekend, and refer to October as Spootober.
Speaker 2: That's it. It's simple. We literally literally just embrace the spooking every day. Oh you gotta do.
Speaker 1: If you feel like you're in doubt, go check us out, Go see whatever we're posting about on Twitter, and just piggyback that all the boys are watching this tonight.
Speaker 2: Let's watch this, sweetheart.
Speaker 6: Maybe maybe take a video of you scaring people around town and tag.
Speaker 2: Us ooh, bro, I love goods scaring.
Speaker 1: Like when I was at HQ a week or two ago, whenever that was, we would go around to like we were doing something for she wanted a promo for like our shirts, our spoot Over shirts, and we would have somebody like she would say, hey, I need help with getting something off the top shelf in the closet, and I would be hidden in the closet behind boxes and people would come in and I'll just jump out and scare the shit out of the mill. It's fucking awesome. Or like you're walking down the hall and like somebody you don't even know, You're just kind of walking normal, and then you just you scream at them and then they just fucking freak out. But yeah, scare people take videos of it too. That spooks over though. I think we're all fired up. Are you guys pretty excited about spoot Over? Absolutely decorate your house. That's the way you can embrace the spook theme up your house. I was at Tailor's like the way that they're running that thing, they should be selling tickets for their house because how spooky it is at their house.
Speaker 2: I'm not shooting you.
Speaker 1: It's like think Think the Grizzwold, the Grizzwold family decorating for Christmas.
Speaker 2: It's this, but I'm Spootober.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's wild noise machine's going on the whole time, Like there's smoke going on twenty four to seven, all night around.
Speaker 3: And he's got two kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they embrace the spook bro Like little Winny. She's all about Spootober. She's all about being spooky and spiders and witches and everything else. She's literally at the game like she had a mask on, like showing me her witch mask. She's already she's a week ahead, so she needs to slow it down. But October one, Spootober, it starts this Saturday. I could be more excited about it. Let's get into the uh. The Tennessee trip. We had an awesome trip and Knocksville over the weekend. Shout out to everybody who came and said what's up? The barsol Coss football so was fucking electric. We picked the dog of the week. Casey cuked me. I don't know if you guys saw that, but Casey like cucked me my dog of the week. It's shown in production notes that I was choosing Smoky the Dog. She goes first and literally like just shouts out.
Speaker 2: Smoky the Dog the whole time.
Speaker 1: So I had to like pivot shout out that that dog. Hndon Hooker, who's a stud I think their entire offense basically, I'm not disrespecting that with that one receiver eighty eighty four, eighty five had a hell of a catch in the first half.
Speaker 2: It was fucking awesome.
Speaker 1: But Hookers, they stud bro the volunteers, they look they look like they're number eight in the polls right now.
Speaker 2: Who are they coming up on? Who they got this next week or in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 6: They have a buy this coming weekend, and then they follow up with LSU and then the Crimson Tide and then yeah, Georgia, Kentucky are somewhere in that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and of course the North Carolina you know, respects to South Carolina. But that's I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: You're sitting there at number eight in the country, undefeated right now, like riding high like this is the this.
Speaker 2: Is the thick of it. You want to be in Like when you want to buy, Yeah, you want to buy.
Speaker 1: You want to start rating the guys up whoever's insured, you want to get it back to full health because yeah, LSU Bama, and Georgia shortly after that South Carolina. No disrespect to the boys, but yeah, that's the spot you want to be in. We'll figure out if they're like the real deal. I'm fucking I'm loving the Orange. We visited this weekend. Shut Out. Miss Dandie Plowman, the chancellor of Tennessee. She was a Nebraska She was the head of the Nebraska Business School when I was at Nebraska.
Speaker 2: Your boy took business because businessman.
Speaker 1: And literally we had followed each other back when I was in college, and so we've we've been following each other on Twitter for like over a decade. And when she was a chancellor at Tennessee and we did our spring tour this year or we went, we took the bus out last year. She was like, hey, next year, like, don't forget that, you know, don't forget that. Like I'm sitting in the Chancellor's seat here. Whatever you guys need, I'll get you. Guys taken care of. Hit her up this year, dude, she was it was all time. I felt like the customer service was like we were at Nebraska. Obviously, the relationships aren't as close as like the equipment room, the football team and everything else. Eckler, Yes, coach Hypee remembers us saw baseball coach's name. Yeah, Tony v Bro got to see him and it was awesome. He was at the Barceol College football show too. But dude, just see she was like she literally we were up there and she goes, well, I want you to look at Tennessee as your second college. Say less, Tennessee Falls, they are my second team. The Brasca's on a bye week, so I got the root for the Big Ones all the time. And you kind of need a little bit of hope going into the rest of this year. I don't want everybody in Tennessee to start getting scared because I am now on boarding with the Falls and everybody thinks like I'm a curse.
Speaker 2: Just fine, they corrack the top ten, will hopped in. It's just right.
Speaker 1: I'll say this. The games I've been at were undefeated. We're busting's taken where we've taken, busting that. We were undefeated. We won in Nebraska. Oh this we won in Tennessee. You're saying this year, Yeah, Oka.
Speaker 2: This year. This year, this year, don't bring in last year? Yeah, this year true. Kind of like the Raiders Titans game, I felt like I couldn't lose.
Speaker 1: I was repping the Raiders colors for sure, and I was taking some heat on that. We interrupt this episode to bring you game Time, Created by fans for fans. This is the exclusive ticketing partner of Barsol Sports. Game Time is a new ticketing app that makes it easier than ever to score last minute deals on tickets to sports, concerts and shows. All the events you want, and they guarantee the lowest possible price. If you haven't given game Time a shot yet, don't know what you're waiting for, boys, You guys are gonna love this app. We've had tons of Barsal fans using it, hitting us up on social about what games and what great deals are getting.
Speaker 2: I've been using the game Time app all year.
Speaker 1: When I got my tickets, I had to get tickets from my boys that came to town for the Titans Raiders game. I use the game Time app to get those deals because I do need the lowest possible price because I can't take care of everybody, so easy to use amazing deals it's the fastest growing ticketing app in the US and you're gonna love it.
Speaker 2: Download the game Time app.
Speaker 1: Go to the account tab to create a log in and redeem code busting for twenty dollars off your first purchase term supply download game Time last minute tickets, lowest prices guaranteed back to the episode. We can pivot anything else on the balls. It was a great It was a great visit, like sponsored by bo Jengles. Shout out, shout out everybody at Bojanngles. I love the boat bo Jingles Fried Chicken, getting it in our lives. We were set up well at the endoor facility to do our interview with PFT that you guys are gonna hear in a little bit. But yeah, we got the roll red carpet rollout for us. Saw the Raiders GM Dave Ziggler on the sideline. We're talking about year ten with him. He saw me out, Hey, will you know I'm Dave Zigler, I'm the you know, I'm the GM of the Raiders. I was like, yo, you were Taylor's guidance counselor in high school and he starts laughing. We started, yeah, bro, he was the guidance counselor in high school. He was Taylor's guidance counselor. Yes, at his high school, and now he's the GM of the Raiders. We start laughing and stuff, and so of course, of course I started bantering with him about year ten, like hey, what are we doing? And I go, you know, do we need to get a you want me to get a workout in?
Speaker 2: Right here?
Speaker 1: I started hitting punts. That's right from like, you know, somebody need to get out a camera. You can send it to your scouts, like we can let the chips fall where they may. Did go four and one on your guys' team last year. I don't know if you remember that, but we were having some good last got to know him a little bit, but it was awesome.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: We got the pregame sideline passes, the the the atmosphere in Tennessee is electric, Like I know, it's not. It's not that way for every game. It's not that way for every game. It's the big games that come to town. You would love to see some consistency with the Tennessee balls. It's like Nebraska, we can be zero to ten, we're gonna sell out the game or We're still gonna be loud for the first quarter anyway, Tennessee, like we went to Ole Miss and now Florida and like it's deafening noise. Bro, Mitch, I know you said Penn State, but as I've played in Penn State, I still think Tennessee's the loudest experience I've had. Not only but Tennessee's built straight up, whereas Penn State is a little bit more, It's got a little bit more outer, it's more bolt.
Speaker 2: That's a good point, A good point. Yeah, yeah, Mitch. By the way, Mitch, Mitch Carlsley, I'm just kidding. I know I was butcher and that on purpose. I already did it for the blog.
Speaker 1: But we got a new a shot a hey shot out Mitch his first pot, his first.
Speaker 2: Pod that he's been on. But Mitch is joining our team.
Speaker 1: We we uh, we got him from the NASCAR in NASCAR background. We saw him from NASCAR a little bit, offered him a little bit of money, tried getting him out of there.
Speaker 2: Ye, I don't know, am I allowed to say that?
Speaker 1: Like nobody's gonna take that the wrong way over in Nascar? Are they herebyes for the boys on NASCAR. Yeah, yeah, for sure. Yeah, but we're happy to have Mitch. Anyway, that's Mitch talking. He thinks Penn State's louder than Tennessee.
Speaker 7: I think Penn State's definitely loud of Tennessee.
Speaker 2: I'm not don't say definitely, like don't double down.
Speaker 4: I mean, but I being I've been to two Penn State whiteouts. The atmosphere is unreal. I would say Tennessee the checker like with the stands and everything that was that was dope as well.
Speaker 7: But I think I got a ride with pen You're.
Speaker 1: Just saying I was playing at the wrong game on Penn State. Yeah, it was the week of the Sandusky.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean that has everything to do with it then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, it was the week of the Jerry Sandusky case. They thought about canceling our game because people were flipping stuff, things were getting caught on fire. There was like riots going on trying to take him down. But that was the week of Sandusky. It was weirdly eerie in the in the theme of Spootober Jesus. But like we went and stayed at a motel that shared a parking lot with his uh whatever charity. It was that building, shared the parking lot, our motel, motel, walking outside outdoors motel. Dude, it was a spooky setting that we can then you like do a prayer before and everything else. So it's kind of like a people coming together type of thing because of all the ship that was going down with him and all the things that were coming out. But it was maybe that was like a just wasn't as loud because.
Speaker 7: The al sand one of their coaches just weird. Yeah, like in the lightness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Tennessee gets rowdy.
Speaker 7: They definitely he gets bucked rowdy.
Speaker 2: We love Tennessee. Tennessee loves the boys too. Like it was, it was a good time. It was electric out there.
Speaker 6: What do you got, Garrett, It'll be a good time to drop that merch too.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah yeah, ang on, you show the camera back on you guys, Bloss and Garrett.
Speaker 2: That's a great pool. Gee.
Speaker 1: So we got new colorways. I tweeted out last week a sample with the samples came in for the hats the boys, the diamond hats that you guys see, there's there's like you know, Steelers slash Iowa Hawkeye fans. You guys are gonna love those Blosses rocking, the Niner colors. We have the Tennessee those those hats that you saw me wearing at Knoxville, those hats. All that stuff is dropping on this Thursday. All our new colorways, some new merch were rolling out. We're getting into some other fan bases that's rolling out this Thursday. Beurely on it, because some stuff does sell out, like our two tone blue Titans. The boys hats those are out. Those are getting made right now. They're coming back. But just don't miss out on that merchandise. If you guys are into the hats, the boys hats, the boys tease, the lightning ones that we got on, buy those up, dude, because all that stuff's rolling out. Dude, which ones can we say? Which ones are coming out? I mean we got Niners, we got hawk eyes the Niners. We got the Commanders, Commanders coming out, the Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 2: Buffalo Bills, Bill's Mafia.
Speaker 3: We have the Iowa Hawkeyes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Iowa Hawkeyes.
Speaker 3: See volunteers and they see valls.
Speaker 1: I think that's it right, Like we're trying to work on maybe some chief stuff right right, that's a base.
Speaker 2: I think we're going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Timpto Look, everybody knows I bleed silver and black, A two tone blue, silver and black, red, big red commander's colors.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I bleed all of those colors at one time. Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: But yeah, all that stuff will be coming out. I'm telling you a Thursday dry it's dropping on Thursday. Make sure to pick that stuff up. Let's with that, like, let's get into the NFL headlines coming out of the weekend. Boys, I was I did go, uh whatever my record was this weekend, I lost. Surprisingly, I did not think the Bills. I shouldn't say that because I think coach McDaniel's is a really good coach. I think he's an offensive genius. It's been said by multiple people that he's a stud. But I did think Bills were gonna take We're gonna win that football game. I was surprising that they lost because they've outscored their opponent seventy something like fifteen and they ended up losing that game. And what a weird uh, what a weird sequence of events with Tua he getting like knocked out stumbling and then he's he's back on the field.
Speaker 2: Now they're going under investigation for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what happens with.
Speaker 2: That what is the protocol too, is this I don't know.
Speaker 1: So the protocol is somebody who's like gotten cancussed and not been a lot back in the game.
Speaker 2: You like go through this iPad.
Speaker 1: You have like the standard you do in the off season where you like play these games, right, you do all these like brain games, remembering letters, remembering words, remembering number sequences, walking lines, like doing a lot of stuff that's like on the iPad that you do that you compete at, and you get a baseline of what your times are like only and only like the iPad and the training room, they know those the baseline and where you are, like your reaction time, your focus, whatever, your memory and all that shit is what it's memory is what it is, what it is remembering. And so when you get concussed, you go through like that same testing, that same protocol you got to go inside.
Speaker 2: You got to go through all these brain games and everything else.
Speaker 1: And I think they correlate it with your baseline that you did in the off season. If you pass those numbers with flying colors, you get like the same times, you're good to go. They talk to you, you say, hey, I'm good, like I can play and do this, and that you are usually free to go back into the game. Now, I think what everybody's getting pissed off about, like the NFLPA and everything else, is you look at the footage and it's like, even though the guy is saying that and he passes all these tests, like there should be an element of we're gonna look out for this player just because even though all the data says he's good, and he's saying he's good, we should take him out of the game. That's what I'm assuming without knowing any of the conversations going on on to a side and the team side, like obviously the team you want your quarterback out there. Let's say, let's just hypothetically say, and this could be the case, like you were looking out for your star quarterback, like you want what's best for them, Like when might happened. It was in Denver and it was our last game of the year. Yeah, it was our last game of the year in twenty nineteen. There was like a half a quarter left in the game, and I did pass it fairly well, like I was a little off, and they're like, bro, we're just gonna keep you out. Like I mean, it's the end of it's the the season. We're not going to the playoffs, just the last game of the year. We're gonna keep you out now. I would assume that there are still like, Tua, are you sure, Like we probably shouldn't or we shouldn't do this and that, and it's like, how are you feeling, And maybe Tua is like saying, hey, I'm good, like I'm fine, Like I know how that looked, but I'm fine. I'm passing all these tests, YadA, YadA, YadA. They might look at each other like fuck man. Ultimately like, hey, it's your call. I'm just I'm doing hypotheticals right now because I'm trying to be in the position of all right, if you're Tua and you're really trying to play, like actually, like dude, guys, I'm fucking fine trying to play, then it's like, you know, you let him go out.
Speaker 2: There, and I think where everybody's getting piss off.
Speaker 1: It's like, even though he's saying that, and even though he's passing all these baseline tests, you should know based on what happened out there, that he should not go back.
Speaker 2: On the football field.
Speaker 1: Those are all the different scenarios that I'm assuming and that's why I think like the NFLPA and everybody's gonna get involved with that. So here's so here's Ian Rappaport. Here's what he tweeted. When did he tweet this twenty three hours ago? Okay, so I just said all of that and I'm not I am not aware of the see and Rappaport tweet his tweet my understanding of the tua the tua situation. He tweaked his back in the first quarter on a sneak and didn't miss time. After the Matt Mulano hit, his back locked up, leading to him wobbling into the locker room for a full concussion check.
Speaker 2: Fully cleared, now on the field.
Speaker 1: So again, if you're two in that situation and let's just say he's fully like arguing to go back on the field, they could be saying, hey, this is look like that's my back locking up based on that sneak, right, Like, this is why I kind of went down because it pinched the boy. Listen, I didn't work out this morning. I got tweaking my back a little bit. That shit does happen. Your ten is in danger, but that like, that's my it's kind of like I guess my take as far as like if I'm fully two of the player and I'm fully trying to play versus like I'm gonna kind of like you know, it felt bad, like only he knows, right, That's why it's it's him arguing from his shoes if he wants to go back on the field, if he fully cleared again. On the baseline, it's like, it's a tough situation. I do see why the NFLPA and people are trying to get involved because ultimately, like we're trying to progress and grow from all this, these brain injuries and everything else. You don't want to see him go back out on the field, so like, hey, you need to step in and protect him, even though he's trying to fully sell that he's all right. So like I, you know, I can kind of see every side. The Raiders are oh and three. Listen. If anybody understands optimism, it's me. I've been in these situations in the NFL with my college football team currently with the Nebraska Cornhuskers. The Raiders have life left, They got the they have the ingredients. They just they came out flat against the Titans and hats off to the number one, and I don't want to.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about the Raiders being oh and three right now.
Speaker 1: I will get to the Titans out a fucking hell of a game and they had they needed that win, like they needed to bounce back and win.
Speaker 2: But right now, I'm talking about the Raiders being oh and three.
Speaker 1: You come out flat, you kind of together a good second half, but you have the ingredients to be a good football team. There's you can argue about the offensive line. We could get better here, we get better there. But at the end of the day, the players were outter on the field to make you got DC barely overthrown Waller one time when he got behind the defense. You would love to see d wall bringing that thing in one hand and take it to the house. D wall had a tough catch in the end zone where he could have caught the ball and had six points and ends up bopping up Kevin Byer picks it off. They take it back like it's a game of momentum. You get that, you get an interception. I forget the safety's name. Shout out the safety. I'm not trying to be disrespectful. He picks off Tannehill in the third quarter and you are pretty much in field goal range. Penalties call everything else backs you up, and you have to you have to have a punt. You get no points out of the interception, which is a momentum swing. I guess I'm saying all these things is no, like, it's not like it's a bad football team and they're.
Speaker 2: Just not winning games.
Speaker 1: They're they're kind of they're not taking advantage of their advantageous situations and they're not capitalizing. Like when they have the opportunities to go up in the game last week against a car Erinals, you're up twenty to nothing. You gotta figure out a way to step on their neck in the second half. You're up twenty nothing at home, continue to like, you know, foot on the gas pedal and win that fucking game. You let them get back in the two point conversies and everything else. Again, they're up twenty to nothing. It's not like they're a bad football team. Getting beat by the Cardinals the week before. I guess what we're all thinking is a good Chargers football team. You lose that game by five points with four turnovers. Again, I'll find the optimism in all these games because I do think that they're a good team. They got they got so many weapons. Number ten steps up yesterday. It's like want of Renfros down all right, Davontae adamss together. You still got Josh s Jacobs, who who's averaging like six yards of carry yesterday. It's like, you know, you can stick with the run game, but also you're behind by two possessions in the second half. It's kind of hard to but you got Josh Jacobs, Darren Waller, Davante Adams, all these cats, bro and the defense bowed up in the second half because Derrick Henry. They were moving the ball. The boys were moving the ball in the first half, and so it's like they got these weapons and then ten comes out of nowhere and steps up in the game. You really, you got another fucking weapon now when Hunter Renfro comes back.
Speaker 2: So again, it's like they have the ingredients.
Speaker 1: And I've talked to the boys, like they love like McDaniels, he comes from that that Patriot where like I do think that they have the culture stuff from what I've.
Speaker 2: Heard in that building, and I know the locker room.
Speaker 1: Like it's an awesome locker room to be a part of with the player accountability and like trying to eliminate the outside noise because there's a fuck ton of it when it comes to the Raiders fan base, like they're ready to they're ready to sell everything, cut car, fire the head coach, let's start over again. It's literally been one year if this is the first year they've all been together. But that's like the heat that's on the street right now. But they've got to win this next week against Denver. And look, I'm not a player on the team, so I can say whatever I want to, like they should beat Denver. Like Denver's not a better football team than the Raiders. They should beat Denver at home. And then you got some momentum going against the Chiefs before you go into your bye week, So there's still life left, like there's a pulse there, but you cannot drop. You cannot go into the bye week one and four, ro and five where it's like you're behind the eight ball. The good thing is that the Chiefs loss to the Indianapolis Colts. Wild cannot believe they lost to the Indianapolis Colts.
Speaker 2: Some mahomes.
Speaker 1: You saw some argument going on the sideline, like that is a wild loss by the Chiefs. But if you're the Raiders, you needed the Chiefs to lose because they were them.
Speaker 2: Before this loss. The Chargers got whooped.
Speaker 1: By the Jaguars, and again our Jaguars them like our Jaguars about to run the South, which is a wild thing to say. They've been putting up close to thirty, if not north to thirty points per game. And I don't want to say that we were flirting with the idea, but we were rumoring the whole Doug Peterson Trevor Lawrence connection before the season started. We just didn't have like, I didn't want to be the guy that says the Jaguars might win the division this year. I'm thinking it's either gonna be the Colts or the Titans based on their rosters and what they got on paper. But the Jags are fucking they can be legit, dude. They're playing good ball and they handled the Chargers. Who is a good football team. I guess time will tell because Chargers are what now. I know you were just on that Chargers are one and two. The Broncos are a sneaky two and one. I think they're a sneaky two in one. They shouldn't be a real two and one football team.
Speaker 2: This is me talking.
Speaker 1: I'm not a player, I'm not on the roster, you know what I'm saying. I can talk my shit a little bit. There's sneaky two in one. Shout out to boy Melvin Gordon's going. He's been going digital. Shout out to my man securing the football on the goal line and going it in for the go ahead touchdown last night, not fumbling it and the Chiefs loss. So again, I know we're owing three and we're down bad, and the Silver and Black were down bad right now in Vegas. But there is still a little bit of optimism. There's still a little bit of pulse. It's like, we're not freaking out right now. We cannot freak out. There's got to be some light and we will bear this cross of having some optimism going into these next couple of weeks. A game I fucking love that bloss Say yeah, get the microphones, say that said.
Speaker 8: Oh, and three is the new O and two, so it's still possible to make it into the postseason.
Speaker 2: But say why you said three's the new O and two because it.
Speaker 8: Was an added game and people team to forget that all they're looking at is at O and three.
Speaker 1: I love yeah, sprinkle that shit up, brother Owen. Three's the new OH and two. And we're not panicking on O and two. This is not the league to do it. You can do it in the NC double A. That's kids. Shit, We're at the big dog table. We're not freaking out for oh and two. I love that. That juiced me up even more. That juiced me up even more. Bro Yo on that Broncos Niners game last night? Fuck, what are we doing? Bloss George Kittle.
Speaker 2: Like, ay, you you guys got the squad. You guys got a squad.
Speaker 9: We definitely do. We have the squad. We have the talent.
Speaker 8: We have literally a top five player and probably the most important positions. You have it at left tackle, you have it at full back, talk to him, You have it at at tight end, you have it at wide receiver, linebacker. I mean, our secondary is crazy, Our defense is crazy. Our defense allowed nine points. Our offense gave him two. That's why we lost.
Speaker 2: Gave him too.
Speaker 1: It was like seven to five going into the fourth. Right, it was such a weird weird score, weirdness set, Like Jimmy Garoppolo is he the new dan Orlovsky. I saw Dan's tweet. I absolutely loved it. Freedom somebody else did it.
Speaker 9: But did you see the way Dan did it versus the way Jimmy did it?
Speaker 2: Saw the way it did it?
Speaker 1: But the results still the same? Yeah know what I mean, said to my man, Dan Orlovsky. He's out there, he's out there spinning game every week and educating the masters on football.
Speaker 8: Actually, speaking of that, did you see the butt kicking? The butt kick the butt punts? Sorry no, I saw Pat tweet about that. Don't say uh oh no, And I punted into the back of the ppe.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's bad ball, dude.
Speaker 8: Mark Sanchenz was happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shit happens man any given Sunday. But I love that for Dan Orlowski. We are massive fans over here busting the boys of Dani Rolovsky. He needs to come on the bus at some point in time. I'm glad he just feels liberated from Jimmy g getting a safety. And the fucking Niners are lucky too, because that was that was a pick six.
Speaker 2: It was a turnover.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they said he gave up eight points if that would counted, Yo, gave up six?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get in a safety to Big six. Oh god, the safety was a good thing. But I cannot believe you guys lost that game. I like, I'm like a I'm a little clause of niners man just because the boy kiddle like we need him.
Speaker 2: To pick it up.
Speaker 8: We're still not panicking though, remember those an extra game added?
Speaker 2: All right, well, talk to get them new hats on Thursday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, howe, you guys are enjoying this intro. We interrupt to bring you guys Ridge Walls shout out the Ridgewald no Free shoutouts an ultra slim minimalist wallet. It holds up to get ready for this. It holds up to twelve cards plus room for cash. There's over thirty colors and styles, including carbon fiber and burnt titanium. The durable material means each wallet comes with a lifetime warranty. The Rich team is so confident that you'll like it that they'll let you test drive it for forty five days. You can send it back for a full refund if you don't love this shit. It's made with RFID blocking technology that protects you from digital pickpocketers. Check out their site Ridge dot com and use code busts and that's bussi n for ten percent off your first order or ten percent off your order, not just first order, all the orders, and with every dollar spent on the website before September thirtieth, you'll be entered to win a brand new, upgraded Ford, Bronco or Pochee Guy seventy five thousand dollars. If you prefer cash, that's Ridge dot Com. Use code busting for ten percent off your order. Back to the episode Other Jacks Legit. Garrett Garrett is our our NFL insider for the Tennessee Titans. Yeah, our AFC South representative. He wears a two tone of blue. Hey, I know it's hard. It might not be as hard to say, but it feels weird to say, like the Jaguars might be them in the AFC South.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's tough to see, especially just because, like you were saying, nobody was talking about them.
Speaker 3: It was the Colts and only the Colts.
Speaker 6: But maybe they're maybe they're turning it around, right, But I know you mean it's gonna be It's definitely gonna be interesting. I haven't really watched a full Jags game, just the highlights, But what is it what's the running back name?
Speaker 3: James Robinson looks nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, etn He's a little dog.
Speaker 6: And of course I just I'm not a fan of Trevor Lawrence from college to now, like I have to play against him again, yeah, twice a year.
Speaker 1: He looks like a good ballplayer, like he's coming into his own. I think it's a lot.
Speaker 6: He is a good ballplayer, and he's got a coaching staff. It's hilarious to see how bad urban Meyer was.
Speaker 1: Right right, and it's like we we were talking about it before the season started. But Doug Peterson, he's like he gets them quarterbacks right, like WinCE was a dog when he was with him, and then when he went down, Uh, Foles comes in and goes right away and takes them to a super Bowl and wins it. Like Peterson's got the vibe. And one of my boys, Nate Gary, he was on the Eagles, like with the Peters sef and he just says like they're the fucking best, like they're awesome to play for.
Speaker 2: So it's like it's a combo.
Speaker 1: What I love about the NFL too, like with even with the AFC South now is the Colts beat the Chiefs like you think you're a shitty football team and you go out and beat one of the juggernauts of the NFL, like you have life now, right, Like, hey, guys, you go in the locker room, you hold.
Speaker 2: Up that football as the head coach, we can play with anybody. One of those speeches.
Speaker 6: Right, it's exactly what you said last week, like about the panic button, and you're saying that it's the NFL.
Speaker 3: Anything can happen, Anything can happen. Bro kind of showed that again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and again, like even on the Titans, like you start zero and two and it looks shaky because if you're just speaking objectively, like yeah, we could have some inside the locker room takes as far as like, oh, he's still a dog, even though he's not a big name, Like he's still a dog.
Speaker 2: He's a dog. Like you can say all this.
Speaker 1: Stuff about the players inside, but there's no firepower like receiver.
Speaker 2: Right, you don't have nobody like take the top off.
Speaker 1: The Titans are known for running the football, and all the stats coming out of the first two games with the Titans is that Derek Henry for the majority of the time is getting hit at or but line behind the line of scrimmage, like if your identity is running the football and you can't do that, like it's going it seems like it's going to be a long year for the Titans. But what I loved is on the mc V show with Aaron Rodgers, He's like, is Mike Verbel still the head football coach there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Pa was trying to say somebody's like and shut the fuck up. And it just shows that Raves and that like that they they will get the boys playing like it might be gritty every game that you might have to win, but they're gonna know how to win.
Speaker 2: They're gonna know what it takes.
Speaker 1: They're gonna know how to try and exploit whatever they can to win that football game, and like a dirty fashion.
Speaker 6: It showed a lot in that first quarter especially. Yeah, they bounced out like thumping, like the ball was moving. Tannehill looked good, the receivers looked good, defense looked good. Yeah, and then it's still one of those things like the second half comes and it's like we play like we just play careful with the lead. Yeah, like you're saying that the Raiders needed to do last week. Keep that foot on the gas MM hm and hopefully hopefully we'll get that out. Yeah, hopefully we'll We'll keep doing that. But yeah, shout out Kevin BYRN.
Speaker 7: Beast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out the boys.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: Look, that was a massive win for the Boys. Like I know, like I'm on the.
Speaker 3: Other atue this Friday.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, it will deserve Like kb's the stuff, man.
Speaker 1: It's been really cool to like watch him grow as not only a player, but he like a leader, captain, person of the community and everything else.
Speaker 2: Like he's a really good fucking dude. Man. Yeah, but massive win for the Titans, bro.
Speaker 1: Like I know, it seems like I was on the other side of the fence because I was rooting for the Raiders to win the game. But it's like a it's a weird spot to be in. At the end of the day, I have a lot of good relationships on both sides. I feel like when everything that went down in December and I was in that locker room with the Raiders and all those guys, and like, there's just.
Speaker 2: Like I wanted them. I was, I was rooting for them.
Speaker 1: It's hard because I'm rooting for like everybody, but obviously you don't want to be a pussy and not pick somebody.
Speaker 2: So it's like, all right, well, I'm gonna pick the Raiders.
Speaker 6: Right Watching the game, it was one of those you see the Raiders offense and defense, You're like, damn, there's the boy.
Speaker 3: Oh shit, there's the boy. There's the boy.
Speaker 6: And then they get on defense You're like, oh, Mike, Jayon's there now, like oh everybody, and god.
Speaker 2: They got the foss on there.
Speaker 1: And I feel like I have some of those personal relate not that I don't have those with the Titans, but I feel like I'm talking to some of those guys in the Raiders a little more often. Like again, you got Max, Darren Waller, yeah Foster, like you got a mer Yeah, a mirror bro like Jayon, all those dudes. Man, you just got those some of the fellas on the team, and you root for like you like root for all the players, and they just have enough to where it's like, yeah, I'm pulling for I'm pulling for the Silver and Black. Yeah, yeah they were. I did bet on them and they let me down heavy. But your boy made a hell of a fucking play and I hedged it in the second half, so I went I bet on the Raiders minus two and a half. And then when the second half came, I went back in and basically doubled down by going Raiders plus six and a half and they ended up covering.
Speaker 2: So I basically it was basically a w.
Speaker 1: It was a heady play, but it could have It could end badly, you know what I mean. Yeah, let's get into our uh all that football talk, fire anything else that we needed and shout out the Boys day, shout out to two to blue, like I'm still riding as long as you you know. I know some people pray by, oh you can't, like you gotta be with us or you're not with anybody. I understand that you're either for the boys or you're against them type of mentality. We kind of created that, and it's tough that I got to be on the outside looking in, but I will be partaking. I am partaking in the in the victory Monday lattes uh paid for by the parlay that hit the Bet the Boys parlay, which you can check out bus Bet the Bus every Friday morning. We might be going a Thursday, but you can check out Bet the Bus. It's on YouTube, roll it out on YouTube and audio. We fucking we go over the whole slaty games, the whole boards for the weekend.
Speaker 2: But check that out.
Speaker 1: Let's get into our shout out, our favorite segment, our shout out no free shoutouts segment of the week.
Speaker 2: Blah start of soft brother, what's your shout out of the week?
Speaker 8: My shout out this week, I was reminded how important this is and how much you know. I never really noticed it until we started making that trip back from from Knoxville.
Speaker 9: I looked at my gas tank, saw.
Speaker 8: That I was running a little bit low, and I was holding out looking at those gas prices every county that we kind of went in, and I knew once it got below that three dollars mark, that that's where I should get gas. Because if I went and if I went to Nashville, I knew I was going to play pay that extra thirty cents. So I went ahead and filled up at that that that that gas tank in that county.
Speaker 9: That gets the gas presses right.
Speaker 8: So my shout out, no free shout out goes to filling up just before you get into uh into Nashville.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Awareness saving money, gas gas price awareness.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, off clap g go ahead, brother. I want to guess what it is, but I want you go ahead because I think I know.
Speaker 6: Oh I I'm off the dome right here.
Speaker 3: So my shout out, free, shout out.
Speaker 6: It's going to be the two tone Blue getting a dub needing it. And I know we play the Colts and Washington soon and then the Colts again, so that could be three three dubs and get us back on track.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love that, And shout out to Busting with the boys for being We didn't hit any panic button at oh and two. You know, I was at a predictment kind of room for them to go oh and three, I guess in a weird spin zone, but not in here. We didn't hit the panic button here. Shout out to you brother, Yes, sir, and that was a good one. I thought you were gonna do merchandise that you're gonna do. I thought you were gonna let true.
Speaker 10: So my shout out, no, free shout out, Yeah, JJB, you're o brother. The weather is starting to get a little cold. This isn't going where you think it's gone. So our noses are starting to get a little more stuffy. They will start to get more stuffy and This can happen outside of cold weather, but happens more frequently in cold weather. And there's nothing better. And parents might be upset at this, but there's nothing better than picking a huge booger out of your nose, going up there, seeing it and it's just a beast and you're like, hey, that felt good.
Speaker 1: There are some nose picks that feel good that you kind of pull out and you kind of feel sliding from your brain exactly.
Speaker 2: So I don't want this. I don't want this to end, dude.
Speaker 10: And what a lie that we were told our whole lives, like stop picking your nose, Stop picking your nose.
Speaker 1: I do agree with that, because can we can all agree that we're secret little nose we're sneaky nose pickers. Yeah, like hard you never catch anybody else. So you think, like maybe you're a little twist in the head that you love picking it so much.
Speaker 2: You're right, man, free the booger.
Speaker 3: Breathe the boger.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. You're right. Shout out to picking your fucking nose, dude.
Speaker 7: So that's a tough one to follow, right, there's my first one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is your first one. It's your first one.
Speaker 1: I think you're gonna get the benefit of that, because we're gonna have energy no matter what.
Speaker 4: But Mitch, your very first shadow, this one actually happened this weekend. Moving out of Nashville. I gotta go to the store and get all the groceries and whatnot. It was at a grocery store. You pick out a cart. Some of those those shopping carts, the wheels are all busted. They're tough to they're tough to like walk with and everything. When you find that one cart where like if you let go and it still goes straight, it's all smooth and everything.
Speaker 7: That that's my shoutout know for you shadow the week.
Speaker 4: When you get that that smooth cart, that just makes it the trip a lot more enjoyable.
Speaker 2: Can we give mench a slow clup for understanding the assignment?
Speaker 1: Yeah that was good, bro, And you do that too well.
Speaker 2: Let me go back.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh man, I wish mine was detail as your guys. Mine's fairly simple. I'm going on the family route. I want to shout out Cerulian and my wife over the weekend that JP already pissed off.
Speaker 2: Dude. We went to two foot We went to two football games. With the Rue. We took Rue to two football games, like on Knoxville.
Speaker 1: We woke up at five in the morning, got her ready, got her bag ready, got everything else, and I was like, sweet, are you sure you want to go?
Speaker 2: Like this is gonna be a long day for.
Speaker 1: You to have Rue and like just like follow us around and do all this stuff and be be looking after Rue. And then we're gonna go on the field. Her naps are gonna be off, like she's probably not gonna get one. All the simulation. Like I'm kind of trying to talk her out of going, like I promise you it's okay if you don't want to go, because like a kind of sense that she didn't. She's like, oh man, I kind of want to back out of this because she was in Portland from Sunday to Thursday night and then we're waking up at like five in the morning to go to Knoxville and drive back.
Speaker 2: Rue was a nightmare on the way back, crying on the way home.
Speaker 1: Tried to like climb in the back and like play with her and do everything else. And then we go to We got the tailgate Sunday morning at ten am. Like a lot boys. I wanted to kind of skip that. I was exhausted from the buck from the day before, but I literally thought to myself, like JP, Mitch and Bloss have been grinding too, Like those boys are grinding. And if I'm gonna sit here and make this and complain about man, I don't want to go and have a little party with the with Raider Nation and Titans Nation and then go watch a game like I'm such a pussy and a terrible leader. So that was like my little self talk because I was like, the boys have been grinding more than me. But then we go to the Titans game and bring Rude to that. Your boy dad of the year, Father of the year. I'm identifying that Charles has been doing a lot. So I'm trying to do as much as i can. When we're watching the Titans game, I'm changing rule on the couch in the back.
Speaker 2: I sweet, I'll get it this that.
Speaker 1: But I want to shout out my wife and my daughter Rue for just having a gritty weekend, not complaining about it, and Rude just having her first experiences at football games, like it was really cool to like get photos with her on the field and everything else.
Speaker 2: But that is my shot, I know for a shot out of the week. Should we all right?
Speaker 1: We're probably at a long intro. I hey, look pro vibes again. Comment right now say I'm here for the vis I'm here for the intro, like subscribe to all that stuff before we go into the interview. Do you guys do we want to do the tier talk? Our tier talk was best months of the year. I would love the back of the bus to have a column of what your Tier three, two and one is? You rot of them.
Speaker 2: Off, just so we can get the graphic up for the boys.
Speaker 3: Before we hop into that.
Speaker 6: I do want to double down on the shout out to the boys grinding this weekend because Jack and I weren't there and that was a huge help for you guys doing that.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's a that's a nice shoutout. That's a nice shoutout. You guys crushed it though. Hey you got you guys fucking grind. You guys did fucking awesome. I know you just miss you got like thrown into the fire. You got here, like last week you're with your mom picking out apartments and then like you know, I'm like, hey, you know, I'll get your.
Speaker 2: Laptop blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: And it's like, hey, we're going to Knoxville on Saturday morning and you're kind of like, all right, how we rolling and you just ride with blass like you guys fucking grit it. You guys executed at a high level. Like that was a successful weekend. We had fun at the show. We got all the clips, we got clips, we got all this stuff. Bro, you guys, you guys crushed it. Let's do let's hit your guys' tier talk before we get into this episode with p f T. The tier talk is best months of the year that we did with myself in p f T.
Speaker 7: So my are we just doing all number ones and then that'll.
Speaker 2: Make yeast of your guys is months and then that'll be the graph.
Speaker 7: So uh, my, my tier one has to be September.
Speaker 2: It's like my birthday.
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly why football like just started starting to cool off. Uh you still get like that warm weather the summer, but it's starting like creeping a sweatshirt weather, which is the best.
Speaker 7: You can't beat that. So yeah, it's final season is coming in. Yeah. Yeah, that's my uh, that's my my tier one.
Speaker 2: That's your pick that's your month. Blossom gear back there figuring out which one they want to do. I love it.
Speaker 3: Wait what are.
Speaker 2: Okay? Yeah?
Speaker 10: My Tier one month goes to July, middle of summer, peak heat, fourth of July, probably my second favorite holiday. And you're like so far out of school. School isn't even on your radar at all. Like in June, you still in high school, like hit the first couple of days and you're in summer. But July is just like peak summer, and I love summer.
Speaker 2: Love that you are. Yeah, I like, I wouldn't I would. I would kind of question you.
Speaker 1: I would think you're a fraud about your summer, your summer and sun vibes, because you're all about the sun, the beach and everything else.
Speaker 2: If you had you not picked like July.
Speaker 6: So Blossom and I agree on this one. And our favorite month is going to be November. It's really crispy. It's as JP brought it to my attention, Rivalry weekend for college football. You are coming it. You're in the middle of holiday season. You just come off Withooctober, have Thanksgiving going into Christmas. So our month is going to be no member shot out Black Friday, by Merch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right, we'll get into this p f T episode. We talked him a lot about like him coming in uh barstool, right, Yeah, yeah, him coming into barsol a lot with him and him and Aaron Foster's relationship on doing macrodosing with him and the team, because I just think it's a very unique duo, uh to do macrodosing. We also talk about the co Yeah, we talk a lot about my time at the Commanders. They're them having their show at ESPN, like how Pard might take started and some of their seasoned desist stuff that went on with ESPN.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: But yeah, a lot of talk about the R words, the f T s and the C words back when I played on the R words. So there was a lot there because PFT is a massive Washington fan. And then we did a roadback question at the end. Our tier talk was the best months of the year. But you guys will check it out anything else.
Speaker 2: Boys, I think with uh with T f T, there's clearly.
Speaker 10: You know, with us hitting number one a while back, there was some underlying beef that you and PFT kind of squashed.
Speaker 1: There was some friction like yeah, because they are the number one sports pod out there. However, we did dethron them for like a couple different rights.
Speaker 10: So y'all got into the originality of Busting with the Boys, right be the topic, right it?
Speaker 1: Actually it was good for me to learn about their part of my take creation, right, you know what I mean? Because we get a lot of people give us a lot of flak, and I'm like, you kind of just.
Speaker 2: Go with it because you just you know that nothing's really original at all.
Speaker 1: But that was fun to like learn about the beginning of part of my take and their little rise and everything like that.
Speaker 2: But we solid boys.
Speaker 1: Can we get into this episode without further ado, Enjoy this episode of Bust with the Boys, Like, subscribe, leave reviews, follow us wherever you get your pods. You can find us on social media, leave a comment, But enjoy this episode all right. Before we get into this PFT interview, we have to shout out go currency dot com. Getting finance for big ticket items like construction equipment, farm machinery, trucks, and trailers can be a complicated and time consuming process, but that isn't the case with currency. Currency specializes in finding the best possible rates in terms for all kinds of equipment without all that hassle. With currency, customers can get loans for up to five hundred thousand dollars with little or zero money down in terms up to get this seventy two months. Currency can also help you finance expensive items like newer used motor homes, fifth wheel RVs, riding lawnmowers.
Speaker 2: And utility vehicles.
Speaker 1: All you need to do is fill out an application and the currency finance team will get to work finding a lender with the most competitive options out there. It's quick, secure, and free to use. Currency is equipment financing made simple. Visit gocurrency dot com and find out what currency can do for you.
Speaker 2: Enjoy this PFT interview. So where's Aaron.
Speaker 1: As you can see, we got our We got the team mascot pft's dog Billy Football back in.
Speaker 2: The back recording right now. Yeah, we've been recording the hole. Oh yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: We were supposed to get potentially Arion Foster on, but he made he made a very clutch decision by saying I'm planning on being hungover while also giving us hope that he could come on. But at the same time, if I'm not on the pod, it's all good because I already told you I'm planning on the hangover.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so he is. He's indisposed right now.
Speaker 11: He's on campus for the first time at Tennessee since he graduated out there, or really since he left school.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 11: So he's meeting up with all his friends, all his old coaches and stuff, and he's been.
Speaker 7: Pulled in line different directions.
Speaker 11: And last night we finally we got to do a drunk late night podcast for the first time with him on Macrodos and Macrodosing. So it was really fun. We went out to a waffle house and I think that is the first podcast ever recorded in a waffle house.
Speaker 7: So we sat at the table.
Speaker 11: He brought like two of his old teammates from college and he said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't be speaking out of turn Billy.
Speaker 7: He did jump permission idea to go to waffle house.
Speaker 11: Okay, Respectabilly. It was Billy's idea. It was a great idea that he had. And yeah, so we show up there at like two thirty or no, it was before. That's like one o'clock, one thirty, and we're all pretty inebriated. I accidentally took mushrooms last night, and so we're trying to macrodosing. Yeah, somebody slipped them into my hand and then I took them.
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 11: So we were in the waffle house and we were recording the show, and it was actually, it was a really touching moment because he's going through all these emotions about coming back to college for the first time. And he's always been a dude who's like, he's not super friendly with college football because he looks at like what he did, and he looks at the way that the athletes were kind of exploited for a really.
Speaker 7: Long time, and he's got a lot of resentment.
Speaker 11: About that that he was he grew up pretty poor, and they kept him poor on purpose for longer than they need to, even though he was bringing in money to the team. And so he's always been like standoffish and had that relationship with college football. But being back here and seeing like some of his old coaches, his old teammates, and connecting with the fans, he's really like grown to appreciate college football in the entire environment around him. And he was like he was getting emotional and like crying.
Speaker 7: A little bit. Last night. It was it was really it was a beautiful thing. And then also on the pod.
Speaker 11: Yeah, then we got Big T, who was like the opposite of Arian in terms of he is like a college football nut.
Speaker 7: He's insane about college football.
Speaker 11: And seeing how happy Big T was back in this environment and the relationships that have kind of grown up around college football and the University of Tennessee, like Arians, started to get emotional and realize that there's a big connection between the players and the fans that sometimes he didn't always see. Now he also he still thinks that, like it was bullshit that they wouldn't pay the players for a very long time, and that's not going to change, nor should it in terms of like him not liking that, but getting to see him in Big T get like come close, like bros.
Speaker 2: It was really cool.
Speaker 11: And this all happened in a waffle house at one thirty am last night, and then afterwards he was so pumped up. He was like, I think I want to do that podcast with Will tomorrow and I was like, okay, all right, He's like I'm gonna be up early, just let me know. I was like, okay, we can make it happen. And then he's off doing something else.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you know, he's all good.
Speaker 1: Like if it's his first time, which is mind blowing to me, Like maybe it'll start coming back more now that he's kind of had that like moment, because I would love to talk to him about that stuff, because there's always like a there's always that separation mentally of because I agree with some of like the exploitation of the players, and you're happy that guys are getting paid in the Nile world. But there's also that like connection to the university and the connection that you have with like the fans, and it's hard to like separate, separate because when you speak on like what Arian always speaks on, you kind of divide yourself from the fans because fans can't necessarily always see it from your perspective because they love you know, they love the logo, they love all those banners up there so much, and it's like, oh, why is and he being grateful about the time that he had. But then when you're in it, you can like it's a weird it's a weird bridge to gap at times.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're exactly right.
Speaker 11: It's just cool having that conversation and seeing like him opening up about some of the stuff that he's usually like a little bit guarded about.
Speaker 7: Yeah, now was that because the waffles were so good? Was that because the vibes or vibes.
Speaker 11: Were high and it was late and you know what it was, but it was It was a cool moment. And shout out to Billy Football whose idea was so to podcast from Walthless. Want to make sure to get that into Oh Billy Man. Billy is in the background right now. Yeah, just hanging out.
Speaker 1: So how do you get connected? How does the relationship with Aaron even come about? Like when you guys drop Macrodos and I see you and Aaron Foster doing a pod, Like I was thinking to myself like, oh, he doesn't even seem like somebody who would be like a barstool guy. Yeah, and now he's doing a pod with you called Macrodosing where you guys seems like tall conspiracy theories or pretty much anything that's on your mind.
Speaker 11: Yeah, basically like whatever we're interested in that given week. But we we met through Actually he came on part of my take back in like twenty sixteen. I want to say yeah, and I started listening to his music because you want to talk about his music career, and obviously, like I had interact with him before on Twitter and like bust his balls about the whole, like, you know the debate he had where he said that he could take down.
Speaker 7: A wolfh rogue one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 11: So he said on Twitter one time like I could defeat a wolf in my bare hands in combat, and that went so viral that he got He still gets asked on podcasts to this day to ask if he could a wolf, and he still does.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he still does things.
Speaker 2: I think he actually believes that.
Speaker 11: I think it like a betal wolf he could take down. Yeah, like a real you know, like not not a big one, like a medium sized wolf. Maybe one that just ate, not like the alpha, not a hungry alpha.
Speaker 7: No, not a hungry alpha at all.
Speaker 11: But yeah, So we interacted a few times online and then he came out on part of my take.
Speaker 7: I started listening to his music and we start dming.
Speaker 11: Each other because I was like, you're this is like legitimately good music that you're making.
Speaker 7: It's crazy.
Speaker 11: And then our mutual friend Tommy Alter. I don't know if you know Tommy. If you don't know him, you probably will soon because he knows literally everyone in the world.
Speaker 7: He co hosts that the JJ Reddick old man in the three.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so he knows everybody in the world. He's a great friend of mine. I met him back in like twenty thirteen, like a long long time ago, so he he kind of reconnected us.
Speaker 7: We got Arian back on part of my take. Arian and I kept in touch after that.
Speaker 11: And then Tommy actually said like, I think you should do a podcast with Aaron.
Speaker 7: I think you guys would click together really well.
Speaker 11: So Arian was like, yeah, let's do it, and we just kind of started with an idea from there.
Speaker 7: And then Billy overheard.
Speaker 11: Me talking about the podcast and he goes, can I just be like, can I just be like you're Jamie on the Joe Rogan Show and just fact check. It's very funny because like Billy's initial role was to be a fact checker on the podcast. Now he's the number one source of us needing a fact checker on the podcast because he screws up his facts. But Bill, but Billy was never supposed to be like, well, I don't want to say supposed to be on the show. It was going to be like myself, Arian, Big Tea, and we were gonna just kind of and Coley was like going to get into the mix occasionally. And then you know, Billy found out about it.
Speaker 7: It was like, yo, I just I want to be on the show. It sounds awesome.
Speaker 11: And I was like, you know what, Billy would be a great addition to the show, and he has been. So it's kind of like it's evolved and it's grown after it came out. And the first time I saw the numbers, I was like, I didn't want to see.
Speaker 7: The numbers at first.
Speaker 1: Dude, there's a weird anxiety that was like I'm doing something different, Like let's see that. It's like a new It's like a new gut check moment, like you're back on step one. You're about to go back into step one when you have the comfort of probably all of the PMT stuff, like I can just do this and be good.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But then when you branch off and do something else, it's.
Speaker 11: Like, Okay, now I'm going to actually see yeah a reset. Yeah, like it's reset. It's a new thing.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 11: I was terrified to look at him. In fact, I didn't look at the numbers for like the first I want to say, three or four weeks. And then Mikey Fowler or old podcast dada guy. He pulled me, so he's like, dude, you know, macardosing is kind of a wagon right now. And I was like, okay, thank god, I'm not a total loser. It was a good moment, I was. It's more relief than it was excitement at the time. But yeah, it's been it's been fun. We just shoot, we shoot the shit about whatever topic is interesting to us that week and just kind of let it rip.
Speaker 2: What do you think the pool is to like, why it's been successful? Was there a fear of you?
Speaker 11: I think big T big T big T, he's a dude, He's he moves merch.
Speaker 7: Big T is a uh he's an interesting individual.
Speaker 11: He's so uniquely himself and sometimes people don't like him at first, but as he says, like if you if you let me stick around for long enough, you're gonna end up loving me. Yes, he's he's very consistent and he is who he is, and even if you don't like him at first, it's like, yeah, after a.
Speaker 7: While, you have to.
Speaker 11: You have to appreciate the commitment to himself that he has, you know, which is cool.
Speaker 2: Were you uh, was were you nervous? Kind of.
Speaker 1: Being somebody being more yourself on like macrodosing, because it seems like you're more like in your element of talking about that stuff versus like part of my take, not that you're not a stud at it and also in your element, but it's like a it's like part of my take, and the PFT commenter seems more of like the character at times versus macrodosing seems.
Speaker 2: More like you're you're like what you're actually interested in.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so like part of my take, it's just about like fucking around in sports, right, and you got it's a very fast paced show, so he have to be like firing on all cylinders all the time. And then on on macrodosing, it's more just like a relaxed conversation.
Speaker 7: So yeah, you're right.
Speaker 11: I get to like, you know, take the shades off and just be me for a long time and extended period of time.
Speaker 7: So it's it's good to be able to talk, I guess, at a.
Speaker 11: Longer format and just be able to get like all my thoughts out there as opposed to just like go go go go go. Like I love part of my take. It's the best time that I have. It's still like every time I sit down and do the show. I end up laughing my ass off, and.
Speaker 7: Like after it's over, I feel like amped up.
Speaker 11: You know, I can't sleep after a part of my take, especially when on Sunday, because I still love doing the show that much. But with Macrodosing, it's more just like a free form thing. It's kind of refreshing to be able to just like, you know, just sitting down and just having a long, open ended conversation sometimes with your friends.
Speaker 1: So and you're kind of like learning along the way and you kind of just get to it's like you're like hanging hanging out. Yeah, you just get to talk about opinions and kind of like I guess, break them down and go whichever way you want to, whichever direction you want to go.
Speaker 7: Yeah, at least, what was your favorite episode?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: What was your favorite episode of what macrodos?
Speaker 7: The question Billy, Oh, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't listen to Macrodosing throughout.
Speaker 11: I respect that because a lot of people would be like, like I like them all, or they listen to last one that we just did. And people do that sometimes when they come on Bust and they like listen to the very last episode and they start like talking to you guys like they listen to the show all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, they try to bring up the one segment that we'll do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I heard you guys talk about like tear talk, and you know, I'm excited to kind of talk about that, and you kind of just know, okay, you just throw on the most recent episode. Yeah, because somebody's like, man, I really loved this episode, and then I'm like, oh, did you listen to Like I either refer to the week after the week before that one and see if they actually listen to the episode. But some people come on just say, hey, I'm more of a I'm more of a Tier three, Like I just watch your guys's clips on the internet, but I love your guys' stuff.
Speaker 11: Yeah, And when you're doing podcasts, you don't have that much time to listen to other people's podcasts sometimes.
Speaker 1: For sure, Like you you start to see this people have like a library what they go through through other week out thereybody who's committed to podcasting where they kind of have like on Mondays, I'm gonna listen to a part and I think that comes out fresh. They have like all week long of how they like roll it out because people will get like frustrated times. He you should drop it here because this throws off my routine of listening to this podcast on Thursday.
Speaker 11: Yes, the schedule people have, Yeah, and people are like super organized about how they listen to podcasts that could never be me. Ever, It's like I just sit down and if it's on my phone at like at any given time, I'll.
Speaker 7: Just like pop it on for thirty seconds. Then I'm out again. Like I don't.
Speaker 11: I don't listen to the only podcast I listened to on a regular basis. Busting uh is Busting with the Boys. Number one, I'm a big I'm a bus boy. And then the second do you guys have like a name.
Speaker 7: For your your listeners?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, tier ones here one one, two, SERI we like divider, We separate everybody.
Speaker 2: You kind of know where you stand.
Speaker 11: I like bus boy, though I might be just the only bus boy. I'm a bus boy, and I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Start a different cult and then it's gonna be like we're gonna run with them, be like here you guys go stealing other ideas from PfP and big.
Speaker 7: There there you go.
Speaker 11: Honestly, like the reason why we're trying to get you a tryout so hard in a workout, and you've seen us.
Speaker 7: We're active in the text threads, right, Yeah, like we're pushing for Will Comps. The NFL is a better league when Will Compton's playing it. You know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, And I was saying names and stuff. I don't I feel like you guys.
Speaker 1: I think dropped the name because people will be in my comments and say, oh, Will's going here because they already said it on PMT. But I do want to ask, like, how wild later that night when I'm actually getting the call for the tryout, knowing that we're in that group chat just fucking around, especially the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 11: Yeah, no, I mean the reason why is because we want not only is the NFL better with Will Compton, but like we got to get you off the podcast treats like we're at part of my take. We feel the heat from the boys, and so we're like, we got anything to get him away from a microphone for a while. It's good for our numbers, so it's in our best interest.
Speaker 2: Oh so you guys, So you.
Speaker 1: Guys see you busting in your review a little bit. There's a couple of times we passed you out there.
Speaker 11: You're on the boat. Okay, that's all right. How did let's have the conference there? We can have the conversation.
Speaker 1: Let's have how did it feel when busting with the boys or passed part of my take as the number one sport podcast for I believe a few hours.
Speaker 7: It was inevitable.
Speaker 11: It was quite frankly, we knew it was gonna happen, and it was just a matter of when, not whether it would. But the way that the iTunes listenings are all set up, like Spotify as well, you know you know that they like whenever somebody has a new podcast, right and they get a bunch of subscribers all at once, they're always like number one. They always tweet out like a screen shot with the number one podcast America. Yeah, it's like do it for do it for six years? Do it for six years.
Speaker 1: You know, we were at We've been at it for three So the fact that we got to number one.
Speaker 7: It was good. I was happy for you guys. Honestly we needed it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean, Like at the end of the day, like I think we all understand the game that happens and you got to take advantage of those most like, did you guys not did you guys have a thing where you were number one the first time you were ever number one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're just like, oh, we're number one. We gotta we gotta live.
Speaker 1: In this moment for a second because we're number one. Yeah, now, you guys like, you guys are the best sports podcast. Like you can look at the algorithms on how other sports pause are like number one on the charts, but if you go by the episodes, if you click on top episodes that you guys, like all three of your episodes are always living in the top ten, like every week.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's it's been. It's been cool to see.
Speaker 11: Like at first when we were up there, it was it was almost like surreal.
Speaker 7: But shout out to ESPN for.
Speaker 11: Helping us out right off the bat because they they sent us that cease and desist letter telling us to change the name of our podcast like week one that we started doing it because it's part in my take and so it's part in the interruption and first take combined.
Speaker 2: I mean the creative genie.
Speaker 11: Well, I didn't even know that's why we called it that, honestly until ESPN sent us that letter. Then I looked at the logo and our logo was just straight up like we lifted that font. We just copied and pasted the pardon and from the take and smashed them together.
Speaker 7: And so they told us cease and assist.
Speaker 11: And that was the best thing that could have happened to us, because then I got to like, I wrote them a letter back. I wrote them my own seasoned desist letter, being like you need to cease and desist sending us cease and desist letters like step off. And then we started talking about that and the whole like back and forth. Like I remember, Big Kat, I think went on the next show and was like, fuck ESPN, they don't want you to listen to this podcast. And so it turned into a war back and forth between our show and ESPN.
Speaker 7: And that's good rating.
Speaker 2: Great for you guys.
Speaker 11: They fucked up by giving us all that, all that material to work with, so now we're the bad boys of podcast and getting getting legal action threatened against us. So that was that was the best thing that could have happened to the show, honestly, So it gave us good buzz right off the bat.
Speaker 2: So you guys aren't as original of you guys always claimed to be.
Speaker 7: We were, Dude, everyone's stealing from somebody else.
Speaker 1: I know, bro, there's no like I feel like a lot of people share this thought, but there's like there's no originality really anywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, I've I've listened to your show.
Speaker 3: I guess I'm.
Speaker 11: Really trying to like, you know, I love I love I love you. Will you know that like going back to your days when you were on Washington R word like I respected your game.
Speaker 2: We interrupt this episode once again because we got to pay the bills. Light Box Jewelry no free shoutouts to light Box Jewelry. Finding the perfect stone for any type of jewelry is difficult, confusing, and often insanely expensive. Light Box Jewelry offers.
Speaker 1: Lab grown diamonds that are beautiful, high quality, and affordably and transparently priced. It's crazy that some lab grown diamonds are priced like natural diamonds with those same confusing charts, even though they are grown in the lab that could control the four seas that determine pricing. It just doesn't make sense, boys, But light Box is out to make the whole process of finding the perfect lab grown diamond more straightforward and transparent. Light Box lab grown diamonds are all grown in their industry, changing lab all grown to do the same stunting standards, so they're all priced the same, equal and fairly priced at eight hundred dollars a carrot. Let me say that again, eight hundred dollars a carrot. For those boys that are going out there and get married soon. That is insanely important to understand, because this shit is expensive when you do real the more unless you get the more, unless you pay as simple as that, So shop now at Lightboxjewelry dot com and use the Boys ten.
Speaker 2: That's th h G b O y S ten one zero for ten percent off.
Speaker 1: Shop loose stones for custom jewelry at Lightboxjewelry dot com and get ten percent off with the code the Boys ten.
Speaker 7: Back to the episode, I always like the house.
Speaker 2: Did you respect my game?
Speaker 7: Nate?
Speaker 2: Nate tries to talk to me now like we're boys, and I'm pretty sure Nate used to talk shit on me.
Speaker 7: No, I will I guarantee you he did.
Speaker 11: Nate talks shit on everybody, Yeah, everyone, that's kind of his thing.
Speaker 1: There's like this I and anytime I see him. I'm like trying to bridge that because that's my own that's my own internal therapy that I need to have with myself that I can't hold my guard up against somebody that I know talked a little shit at once upon a time, because there's always like that hit list of like, oh I remember you used to talk shit on me. It's hard to like remove yourself from the identity of being a football player. But yeah, I'll see Nate. Are we trying to get you back on the other the Commanders Year ten? And I'm like, no, note not for you, motherfucker.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well do it for me then, Like I did. I did appreciate your game back in the day because you were you were a captain, you were a defensive captain after being were you undrafted.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's great. He knew that. I did. I think he knew that. I appreciate you giving me the opportunity.
Speaker 11: To that's wild, that's crazy, like that doesn't happen. So I yeah, I always respected your game. I I hated having to cheer for Kirk Cousins. I absolutely hated it.
Speaker 7: Why dude, you you know you know exactly what do you do you think that Kirk Cousins is a fun quarterback to root for.
Speaker 2: What do you mean by fun quarterback? Like?
Speaker 7: What's fun about cheering for Kirk?
Speaker 2: He's gonna pull I pulled for the boy Kirk.
Speaker 7: You pulled for him?
Speaker 2: Oh? Absolutely.
Speaker 11: I just got so frustrated watching him because he would he would show glimpses of being great, but then he was always like so safe, and it was it was crazy how much he was like he had he had the R words in a prediction where they had to, you know, choose a whole franchise tag thing on him, and we mishandled that for sure.
Speaker 7: But he's just he's so frustrating to watch. I think.
Speaker 2: But right, you said it. You said it.
Speaker 1: He had the R words and such a predicament, but the R words had him in a predicament as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like they would always tag him. Like I remember we were golfing and uh, he was talking about the he was talking about potentially holding out, but it was never a thought on his mind.
Speaker 1: He say, I don't want to because obviously, like I'm trying to like help be a leader, and like you don't want your quarterback not being a camp because you're trying to hold out on something, but he basically knew he was already franchise tag. They talked about franchise tagging in the next year. Let's just say for this example, it was like around twenty five million a year, right, But the r words Bruce basically the way that they would negotiate to say, hey, we'll give you seventy five million dollars for three years and we'll give you fifty guaranteed. And Kirk's like, why would I do that? I know I'm gonna make fifty guaranteed based on the franchise tag, Like that's a dumb move, Like that's not smart for me. Now there are like theories out there, like and I don't know personally to where he would kind of play more safe ball because you got to protect your numbers because essentially you're gonna go to the market.
Speaker 2: But at the end of the day, like you're you're stuck.
Speaker 1: You're stuck in the middle of the fans and then the boys and then playing your game because you got to be selfish. But it's like the most selfless game to play, and you're always like in the middle of that, and it's like also has off for kind of like being in Sam Bradford, like Kirk, somebody who gets fully guaranteed contracts.
Speaker 2: All the time. Yeah, the ball's always in his court and he bets on himself.
Speaker 1: So I root for that because I know my man puts in an insane amount of work at corny as he can be at times like and like you play it safe, you see glances of greatness like the man like he gets after. I see the work that he puts in, so and I know kind of like the predicament he gets put in with whether it's all the contracting and he's not somebody who always talks publicly like he keeps everything close to the vest where everybody else can kind of control the narrative and can control kind of what's said about him, and he could. He's just got to take it to the chin. So that's why I pull for him.
Speaker 11: Okay, that makes complete sense, And I think I'm talking. I'm coming out just strictly from a fan rooting for a team point of view. As far as an individual, he seems like a very nice guy and a good guy. And from a business standpoint, he's done a great job, Like he is awesome at getting paid money to play football maybe the best ever you look at if you look at straight up talent to money, to being in the right place at the right time, betting on yourself in all the right circumstances. I think Kirk Cousins is the best money earner in the history of the NFL, I AI everything.
Speaker 7: So I don't begrudging for that.
Speaker 11: I'm talking about like strictly from a fan point of view, I feel like he's the worst type of quarterback to root for sometimes because he's so safe and he's also he's the guy that will get you to the playoffs and just be he'll be good enough to be like I think we could win a super Bowl if everything's perfect around Kirk, Like he's that guy that he's good enough to actually win you a super Bowl, and then it's just it's never gonna happen. And so that's frustrating from a fan standpoint, to be just that good, to not be great and not be bad, that's the worst place to be as a fan sometimes, Like I've accepted as a Washington commander that I'm going to never be happy truly with my football team ever.
Speaker 2: And that's kind of a good feeling.
Speaker 11: Like I'd almost rather be in that place than to have all this false hope and then just get it snatched away from a year after year after year, like Charlie Brown kicking the football.
Speaker 7: Like I'm a loser.
Speaker 11: I'm a big loser and I'm never going to be a winner and I'm fine with that, and and it's very comforting, like being at peace with that.
Speaker 1: It's easy to it's easier to just play that route knowing you're going to be disappointed.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So there's no expectation to get hurt.
Speaker 7: Zero expectations.
Speaker 11: Like I go into NFL Sunday, I'm like, I just hope we don't get embarrassed today.
Speaker 7: That'd be cool.
Speaker 11: Okay, we lost to the Lions, but pretty decent second half though, That's fine. Like I don't get as emotionally involved as I used to in the team.
Speaker 7: And part of that is the way that it's been managed for a while.
Speaker 11: You got to see a little bit of that up close, and what like a dysfunctional organization it can be sometimes.
Speaker 7: Uh. And then part of it is just you know, I'm numb from all the losing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's it feels good for me because I could freely kind of talk about it, you know what I mean. People are like, hey, with the Commanders bringing back, it's like, I mean, I don't know, I know I've said stuff, so I would be surprised if I'm if I'm back there.
Speaker 11: It's funny because like that's one team that you know, people that used to play for different organizations in the NFL, they usually like you, they talk respectfully about them, and they say what a great time they had, and like nothing but class from this guy, this guy, this guy. And then when it's about the Commanders, people just be like, yeah, that's that's a weird place to play football, bro.
Speaker 1: And I actually I have a hard time with it because I was there for five years, longer than any team I've played on where I feel like I'm more part of the I'm more part of Raider Nation and Titans Titans fan base and stuff like that because I was there for five years. That's where I got my That's where I got all my opportunities, captain I got.
Speaker 2: I love that locker room.
Speaker 1: Like I enjoyed that locker room the most because that was the time where I felt most invested in football to where how are we gonna get better? This next year because we have some pieces in place so where we can make some noise type of thing. And then it sucks because from the organizational standpoint, it's just such a mess. I mean everybody, you talk about it all the time, like everybody sees it.
Speaker 2: So it's hard to like, I don't know, it's hard.
Speaker 1: To like playboth things because I would love to just fully claim them because that's where I got my start in football.
Speaker 11: Yeah, honest, and I mean disrespectfully, even though it's gonna sound disrespectful. Psychologies and invests when you got named team captain, where you like, what really really like me?
Speaker 7: You guys vote for me?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Absolutely.
Speaker 1: I remember when Jay Gruden came in and interrupted our linebacker meeting.
Speaker 2: It was like, hey, will can I see you for a second.
Speaker 1: And then like I was walking down the hall and I saw Tran, Williams, D'Angel hall, Niles, Paul, and Kirk and we all go into his office and he kind of tells us how we're gonna be captains. I remember sitting there being like, Yo, this is the coolest fucking yeah, this is the coolest like accolade, whatever you.
Speaker 2: Want to call. This is the coolest moment in my football career.
Speaker 1: And it still is like being like voted a captain, like buy your teammates and stuff like that, Like especially like being an undrafted guy, Like there's times I look back on them like I wish would have spoke.
Speaker 2: Up and said, somewhere did a little.
Speaker 1: I would have played more into that role, because there's so much like when you're undrafted and you're like starting and you're doing all this, there's a part of you that whether you take somebody's job, like when I overtook Keenan's job, where he was like a he was like a stud, right, and everybody like rooted for the guys who get drafted because they're all more in the team than like the undrafted guy who kind of makes his way in. There's a part of you that doesn't really feel like you deserve to be there, and then like when you are, it's just like I don't know, it was a weird dynamic, but it was the coolest moment in my life. Like it's something that I wish I would have took more advantage of, like with like those guys, because those were the times where I felt like most optimistic about like winning games and.
Speaker 2: Like actually feeling like I had influence on a team.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you guys, you made the playoffs, right.
Speaker 1: Just one second, there you go, my uh my firstborn she's she's getting a little fussy back there. I don't know if the MIC's are picking it up, but I need my wife to go ahead and take her on a walk.
Speaker 7: You're in big time mode.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you went like head over heels into that life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I have, but yeah, that was the whole captain thing was like, it's it's been the best moment of my career.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's very cool.
Speaker 11: I have to imagine like knowing that your teammates voted for you too, like, wow, this is not something I ever expected. And that was The defense was pretty good, Like we had a we were all right. We had a good team though, Like I like that team. That's I think when I first started to realize that Kirk was that that guy that was good and maybe not the guy that would I'm never going to see a super Bowl out of Kirk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I want to ask you, like, what was the last time you've actually gotten optimistic and felt like I'm gonna emotionally invest in this season with the with the whether.
Speaker 2: It's the R words, the the F, the ft or the c's. Yeah.
Speaker 11: Probably last week in the third quarter and Carson wentz through a touchdown pass, I was like, this is the guy. Like I know, I say, like, I don't care about the team anymore. I'm not invested. Yeah, when they play well, it's hard not to get like a little bit excited about it. But in terms of like actual aspirations for the team and like thinking that, damn, we're gonna be good.
Speaker 7: It might have been your.
Speaker 2: Team after the you like that you're going into the next year.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it might have been your It might have been your team before that. RGIE three's rookie year. RGIE three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is.
Speaker 11: Gonna sound cool. ARG three changed my life straight up. He changed my life. He made me love football again. Really, I had started doing the thing where I like, I check out and stopped paying as much attention to UH, to the Washington our words and UH. I was just thinking to myself, like, Okay, this team is never gonna be good, it's never gonna be fun. I hate Dan Snyder, you know the whole thing. I was like, I'm done, I'm done. I can't support this guy. The draft ARG three and I was like, this dude, this dude can fucking ball. This guy plays football in a way that like makes me like a little rush of blood to the head, you know. And I went to go see his first game in New Orleans at the Superdome and he just lit it on fire, playing football in a way that you had never seen in the NFL, at least since like Michael Vick. But it looked like he was a better passer than Mike Vick was when he first got to the NFL, and I was like, this guy's gonna win me multiple super Bowls.
Speaker 7: At halftime of that game, I.
Speaker 11: Was like, it was so cool because he's got some ties to the city of New Orleans, so they like him down there.
Speaker 7: And I was walking through the.
Speaker 11: Concourse of the Superdome and people were like coming up to me, Saints fans. I was wearing my Brandon Lloyd authentic Washington Redskins jersey, which I think I'm the only person in the history of the world to buy Brandon Lloyd. We got left to check that. I don't think that has ever been sold. They sold one and it was to me, and there were people in full Saints skier coming up to me being like, you got a quarterback and like hugging me and high fiving me and shit, and I felt like I was on top of the world.
Speaker 7: I was like, yeah, I did that, Yeah, my team did that.
Speaker 11: And so he made me love football again. That's when I started to write about football again. Was that year twenty twelve, and it got me back into sport. I started the Twitter account, I started blogging about it and shit, and it was because RG.
Speaker 7: Three made me love foot again.
Speaker 11: And then halfway through that season hurts his MCL. Then Kirk comes in against the Browns. Then it's always from that point on, it was like a back and forth.
Speaker 7: Are you an RG three guy or a Kirk guy?
Speaker 11: But that really set me that season, at least that first like eight game stretch.
Speaker 7: I thought I was gonna be.
Speaker 11: Like we got our Tom Brady, Like I'm gonna I'm gonna be Hank, I'm gonna be the kid at the parade with like a sigh and being like, yeah, thirty seven years old, seven rings in your face, everybody, you know that didn't.
Speaker 2: Happen seven years old. Waiting on an RG three auto.
Speaker 7: I'm still waiting on an RG three interview.
Speaker 2: He keeps he's such a tease. Well, has he not been on a part of my take?
Speaker 11: No, he keeps We DM each other all the time, and he like deems the main account too. And I'm like, when we're gonna get you on the show, and he tells me when he's gonna be in town and then he ghosts me.
Speaker 7: I get constantly ghosted by RG. Three.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's not a good look.
Speaker 7: If not, No, it's because there's like rumors too.
Speaker 2: Of like Shanahan was more of a cousin's guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fans were an RG guy and there was that back and board because I wasn't there the year.
Speaker 2: That he was like his rookie year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, came in like when he was going through when he was coming off of the ACL and they would like go back and forth in games like Kirk would like light it up and RG. They wanted him to be the guy he was the year before so badly like make some magic shake.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he kind of fucked up and and he screwed himself over because he did the like all in for Week one thing.
Speaker 11: It sounds like it's the most Russell Wilson thing ever that wasn't done by Russell Wilson, like the day after he tore his ACL, or very soon thereafter, he signed like an endorsement or started an ad campaign with Gatorade, being like, all in for week one, I'm gonna chronicle my return for my ACL.
Speaker 7: And then he was.
Speaker 2: Getting hurt in the playoffs, so it's already January, so.
Speaker 11: He's like he's telling everyone, I'm going to be playing week one. There's no way that you can know that when you get surgery, Like, this is a thing called a rehab process that you have to go through. And just because you say it and it's branded and you're doing like pull ups in a Gatorade commercial, that doesn't mean you can play.
Speaker 7: Football on it, no doubt.
Speaker 11: So he came back week one and he was very obviously not ready for it because of his but he had to do it because he told every one he was getting paid to be back by Gatorade, so he had to come back.
Speaker 7: Then.
Speaker 11: Yeah, then there was the whole Kirk Robert thing, back and forth, back and forth. And then that that coaching staff so out of the out of the young hotshot guys that are now head coaches. I love it when they put up that graphic on like Fox. It's like Kyle Shanahan was on that team, Sean McVay, floor Will Compton, Kevin O'Connell, like, all these guys are, Mike McDaniel, they were all in and around. I just why can't we just get one of those guys, you know, I know, any one of those guys.
Speaker 1: I know they couldn't climb the like you know that was that was Gruden's gig. And then they go from position coach, they get a coordinator job elsewhere when somebody when the coordinator leaves, and then they want to bring the position coach with him.
Speaker 11: It's not really you can blame the Washington organization for a lot of stuff. That one is not that fair to do. Because Jay Gruden was a coach and they had to They couldn't keep Kyle Shanahan around after.
Speaker 7: They fired his dad, right, that would be awkward.
Speaker 11: Yeah, right, So they had to fire him and Kyle had his guys that he brought with him. We couldn't keep McVeigh around because he got hired.
Speaker 1: Rick Shannan could have chows out of him, and he ended up taking Lafleur.
Speaker 11: Right, Yeah, Lafleur and m and McDaniel Yeah, So I guess firing Mike Shanahan was the worst.
Speaker 7: That was the worst move of all of.
Speaker 11: Them, even though like at the time everybody was like, yes, please fire Mike Shanahan because he he very clearly hated coaching that team and hated the ownership, like he was not going to stick around that relationship was it was toast.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So I guess if RG three doesn't do.
Speaker 11: The gatorade ad campaign all in for week one and he takes his time rehabilitating himself, then he becomes RG three again. Mike Shanahan signs contract extension, retires, hands team to Kyle, who then has all of his guys like as his coordinator.
Speaker 1: Probably a couple years, a year or two, but mcvay's going to do his thing, like out of that whole bunch, Like, you gotta say, McVeigh has been the more successful one because he got Super Bowl.
Speaker 7: Yeah when he was around.
Speaker 11: You were around McVeigh, right, Yeah, Were you like this this guy is different or were you like this guy's annoying?
Speaker 1: Oh no, No, everybody knew that that that crew was different. I mean they were like these young guns that we all, I mean, only they can answer that but we all thought they were just hyped up on that or all day long because they they'd be saying up all night, like excited about all the play designs that they have. You see him, They always had the most energy every morning early in the morning trying to like figure it out there. They were always excited about everything. Yeah, always like two excited. But they're like young guns in the in the game. Yes, like under Shanahan. Then some you know went with Kyle the others are working with Green was like a big wigg see that was coming from Cincinnati. Uh, but yeah, those dudes were always like all juiced up, always thinking ball a the time. I gotta be on scout team and mcvavid mcvaviid companies. He's like, well, I'm gonna tell you how we want you to read this, Like I'm sure he'll shake you up anyway because it's Jordan Reid, but we need you to like fall for this play on Jordan Reid.
Speaker 2: Jordan Reed was just toast me every day practice. Yeah, but hey, we want to see how you play this one. And then of course I get fucking shook or something.
Speaker 1: I can't cover him, and they're like good, good, I think this will work for the game.
Speaker 11: That's that's interesting. So was it who is it to give confidence too? Was he to give confidence to Jordan or was this giving I.
Speaker 2: Get to give confidence to me at all?
Speaker 1: Like if anything, I'm just imprinting on my brain that I can't cover people.
Speaker 11: Yes, So are they telling you, like get a little bit shook on purpose?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they'll say play he play this like they'll play say, hey, play inside of three, but get a little head up on them because they want their guy to make the read day. If they get head up, you got leverage on them to go inside.
Speaker 7: So it's like telling them, hey, you can do this when this happens.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and then coach catch home with some swag and I'm like, god, damn it, will you fucking suck?
Speaker 7: What are you doing on this cover?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: They won't really great.
Speaker 1: They won't judge you on a practice squad film outside of like effort, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So you would never get that. Now.
Speaker 1: My linebacker coach at the time, who doesn't know what's going on, like, what are you doing? Take away the inside? Like we go over this all the time, and I'm like, they want me to get beat inside.
Speaker 2: But Jordan. That's another one. Just stud but just couldn't stay on the field.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was That was tough. And at the end of his career, I was like, dude, please don't come back. Don't like I'm.
Speaker 11: Worried about you. Like he keep healthy. I'm scared that you're going to get another concussion when you come back out there.
Speaker 7: He was. He was incredible though when he was playing.
Speaker 2: Bro he was such a study. Those years were good.
Speaker 1: This is basically turned into like a deep dive on the Washington Our words.
Speaker 2: Yeah, David, this is a good conversation.
Speaker 11: You're like the only person that I can commiserate about this team with because, like I bring up bring it up to Nate, and Nate just starts foaming at the mouth and just won't let me talk.
Speaker 7: Because he's just so angry about everything with that team.
Speaker 11: I find little bits of joy here and there and little things that I like to remember.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had.
Speaker 1: Our shot in sixteen, and we underperformed that year. Yeah, because that was when the winning in game against New York. They were already out of it. The whole wide receiver corps is down in Miami on a boat that week, and we still end up losing to them when we knew every play that they're running Eli. If you look back, Eli literally is doing all of his audibles at the line of scrimmage. And if it was the mask, if he was saying a mascot's name, it was a run.
Speaker 2: If he's saying the city, it's like a pass.
Speaker 1: And literally he's saying this at the line of scrimmage, and we still lost the game, Like we still are.
Speaker 2: Like we still couldn't stop what was happening.
Speaker 1: And afterwards he's like, he's like, hey, h hey, will if are you able to predict all this stuff that's going on, Like can you understand everything that's being said? I was like, yeah, if you guys gonna beat the Cowboys next week, Like Sean Lee will pick.
Speaker 2: Up on that in a heartbeat.
Speaker 1: But we still lost that game, Like we very much underperformed that year in sixteen.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so you're ten loading, physically, feeling good as good.
Speaker 2: As I can, which is always pretty good.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Really, you know what I mean? It sounds real good.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Like, can I give you just a little bit of coaching?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would love to. I'm open all feedbacks.
Speaker 7: Just say I'm in the best shape of my life, like it's not that hard.
Speaker 1: Well, just but I think that's the mistake that happens. Like I don't want to be one of those guys who's always like going into training camp and saying that it's like this is the best I've ever felt on my body, because if you fuck up so stupid, like I hate guy say that, and if.
Speaker 7: You fuck up, they're like, this is the best he's gonna look.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I'd rather just be honest because at the end of the day, like you're like, if everyone's been following me, I can't just sit there and post diet starts tomorrow and just all this stuff and hey, I'm in the greatest shape of my life, Like can I cover.
Speaker 2: Punts and and be an asset?
Speaker 7: Absolutely, it's the bod looking, that's the dad bod looking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks like just like that, Like what you said, is.
Speaker 7: It better than it was in that picture that I always repost.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Like I've been getting after it the last couple of days, you know what I mean, Like we're trying, we're trying to get this thing alive.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I like that. I appreciate that. Just say like, uh, I'm I'm in decent shape.
Speaker 11: But I can play my way back into shape if you really need me.
Speaker 1: Exactly, over the last three years, I've proved that I can finesse training camp and come in at the drop of a hat and play if need be.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're like Brett Favre. Yeah, minus the welfare fraud. Probably don't.
Speaker 11: I don't know what you've done. I do not endorse what Will Compident has done with any welfare.
Speaker 2: Stealing from the poor. Okay, that's good. Yeah, yeah, that's good.
Speaker 11: I think on part of my take the other day, Hank said something about like stealing from the poor, and I was like, wait, that's like Robin Hood right.
Speaker 7: Oh wait, no, it's actually reverse. It's complete. He's a reverse Robin Hood.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, hey, sweetheart, you can take ruinal walk.
Speaker 11: Will does shift into dad mode. He like you hear the baby crying?
Speaker 2: You just do you hear it? Like as you're talking, do you hear like do you feel it's picking it up? Yeah? It's picking it up.
Speaker 11: Yeah, But like I can tell that you're like in tune with your with your child.
Speaker 7: Do you hear the sound You're like? Danger?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Danger?
Speaker 1: And also like you know, hey, we're trying to I'm trying to feed you, like you're really you're really hurting us here.
Speaker 7: Like taking food out of her mouth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's taking food out of her own mouth. Bryany, Billy, you were going to say something earlier. We never got to that.
Speaker 3: I have no idea what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Remember he was gonna speak up and say something.
Speaker 7: Yeah he was. I mean, that's happens.
Speaker 1: Like, how do you like describe Billy, because Billy's obviously grown in the in the barstel part of my take world, Like he's I feel like he's your guys's property.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's our dog. Billy's our dog.
Speaker 5: I mean I don't read free like a human one day, I mean I won't be in the back end interview one day, hopefully.
Speaker 7: I mean it in the best way possible.
Speaker 11: Billy is like, Billy's like a great dog that we have that occasionally misbehaves. But I was telling you earlier that it's like I look at myself. I blame myself when Billy misbehaves sometimes because it's because I haven't done a good enough job as a dog owner. So like I left it in its create for too long, it gets separation anxiety. It starts like chewing at the bars. It starts, you know, scratching itself until it gets a rash. Yeah, sort of thing. So I look at I blame myself first. And Big Cat and I have very different roles in terms of our parenting, our dog parenting. Where Big Cat is like he's he's the father, the strict father, like I know what's best for you, Just do what I say, yea.
Speaker 2: And I'm like the mother.
Speaker 11: I'm the artsy mom that like, you know, the Mortroy pajamas around the house and smells like Petulli And I'm always playing my weird records and dancing and trying to extract the creative side of Billy.
Speaker 7: And I'm like, look at her beautiful boy, Look look.
Speaker 2: What he drew. And you're trying to bridge the gap between father and son.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm like, I'm like, look at look at what her son drew. Big Cat, isn't this beautiful.
Speaker 7: He's like, that's a fucked up house, Like the house doesn't have a door.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is he doing?
Speaker 11: And I'm like, I think it's a great I think he did a great job in terms of effort, you know. So we have different roles.
Speaker 7: I think they both bring different sides out of Billy.
Speaker 3: That wasn't patronizing at all.
Speaker 7: Complement of yeah, I love Billy, I do love Bill.
Speaker 11: I think that Macardosing has actually done a good job of letting Billy get out there.
Speaker 7: More and let Billy like cook long form you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, long game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, macro Dosing's been pretty awesome because there was basically a place where I could start putting more footwork and be able to contribute more than my role in part of my take where it's you know, you you're a bench player and you're just trying to get and make plays where you can. But Macardosing has been great because you know, I've been able to actually put in work.
Speaker 7: He's a starter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, so it's it's fun. If you'd listened to an episode, you might know that.
Speaker 2: But so when part of my take started.
Speaker 1: Talk about that, because you came from the PFT comments or world, you're in part of my take, you guys blow up, like what's that cool?
Speaker 7: It was like being named team captain. That's what it was like for me.
Speaker 1: But it's gotta be like like just a huge I mean, I listened to your beyond the blog or behind the blog with KFC, and you go from like writing and like being hype about fifty grand to do like what you love to do, and now you're pft with part of my take. And you guys are like this massive brand. Like to be honest, like when I was getting introduced to bar so like I thought it for like when I was in college, I thought you guys were like the chid, Like you guys were like one of the same.
Speaker 2: And then also it would always throw me off, like PMT and PTI.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, I thought these were these dudes like I always did the dude with sunglass.
Speaker 11: We got sued, Yeah, because it was it was confusing for people.
Speaker 1: But talk about like that transition and how that kind of blew up for you.
Speaker 2: I mean it was.
Speaker 7: It was cool.
Speaker 11: I was down in Austin and I didn't know whether or not I I could podcast or not.
Speaker 7: I'd done a few things.
Speaker 11: I did this thing It's Serious for like two episodes, and then they offered me serious offered me a bag to do my weekly show there called the Steamer Room.
Speaker 2: What kind of bag were talking?
Speaker 11: We're talking like I think it was seventy five bucks. A month something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought he was gonna say something. No, they offered me a bag that Barcelol came in and competed.
Speaker 7: I remember when when I got the email.
Speaker 11: I got the email for seventy five bucks an episode when the vice president. I could probably look it up actually and see what the exact number was, but it was like it was a wildly disrespectful number that they that they tried to give me for it. And I was like, well, you can go fuck yourself, Like even I know that this is just insane.
Speaker 7: And so then Big Cat hit me up.
Speaker 11: He's like, yeah, we're getting this money from the Churning Group and they're gonna invest in Barstool and we're trying to grow some podcasts. I want to co host the show with you. I was like, yeah, okay, that sounds good. Let's do it. Wait, you guys are offered me a full time job. Okay, let's sign let's do it. And the funny thing about podcasting is like, yeah, it was pretty successful right at first.
Speaker 7: We had a nice little we had a great launch of the podcast.
Speaker 11: It was no, it was never a doubt in my mind that it was going to work. After we sat down and record the very first episode.
Speaker 7: I knew it was going to work.
Speaker 11: But as you gain like a little bit of notoriety and a little bit of like, you know, people in the media are like talking about you and shit, and you're it's very clear that you're making an impact on the sports media landscape even from day one. But at the end of the day, like podcasting is a very nerdy thing, So there's nothing glamorous, you know this about podcasting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like I.
Speaker 11: Was still sitting down in front of my computer and like talking into a webcam for like an hour a day, and that was my there's nothing cool to feel like, you don't feel cool while you do it. I like how I feel after the show because it's fun and it makes me laugh. But like the level of like internet fame that you're getting at one point does not correspond at all in my mind to like what the actual nuts and bolts of the job was.
Speaker 7: So I never felt like I was getting like massive and big.
Speaker 11: Or whatever, because at the end of the day, I still have to go sit down in my tiny little office in my rent assisted townhouse in Austin that I got at the time with Leroy behind me, like looking at the back of my foot as I'm trying to make jokes, you know, Dick jokes about college basketball on a podcast for an hour. So it was a very humbling job to have to do all the time, because if you don't, if you have, if you have a bad podcast, you feel like shit afterwards. Like there's a level of prep that you have to put into it, a level effort that you have to put into it.
Speaker 7: Billy knows prep.
Speaker 3: A lot of prep.
Speaker 11: Su Yeah, and so it's podcasting in a weird way, does keep you It does keep you humble.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you see it.
Speaker 1: You'll see the reaction and it's it's kind of like the same thing like when when we were in a podcast, I don't feel like it's up the par It would always remind me like not playing a good football game. You want to get to the next game or the next pod bad so you can just you can like feel better about yourself or like right that.
Speaker 2: Wrong that you did, be like I'm gonna show up next game.
Speaker 11: Have you ever had to like delete a pod or record a pod that you're like, we're not putting this one out.
Speaker 1: Uh, We've had to delete a pod based on the guests not wanting it out there, which sucked.
Speaker 7: That usually just gets people to talk about it more.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was Thomas Rhett. Okay, yeah it was Thomas Rhett.
Speaker 1: We like, we did this pod and there are some things that he didn't want out there but you can find on Google anyway.
Speaker 2: It was like not one of the things of sponsorship, but.
Speaker 1: We could have edited, we could have corrected that, edited that out, and then it was kind of like since it was out there and the sponsors thing was happened, there's like something else he kind of didn't want in there. So it's like, hey, just take down the whole take down the whole episode. That's like a it's more of like an operational like frustrating thing because you can't it's hard to like explain that to your fans at the time, and you're not trying to you.
Speaker 7: Know, we had an issue.
Speaker 1: You're not trying to like you're not trying to shoot on the guests because you know it comes from their like media team, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So it's like a it's like a weird dynamic. But have we ever not ran a certain pod episode episode zero, like zero, like our first pod ever is triple zero because we tried running two. Yeah, right, right, right right.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I don't think we've ever had to delete delete an episode.
Speaker 7: I'm looking up right now. I'm not being disrespectful.
Speaker 11: I'm trying to look up what that contract was that serious offered me for the steam room.
Speaker 2: You can see it.
Speaker 11: You can look it up still in my email. Yeah, I don't delete any what's your email.
Speaker 7: At right now? You're in box?
Speaker 2: I think over four thousand.
Speaker 7: Yeah, those are rookie numbers. We gotta get this numbers.
Speaker 2: What's yours?
Speaker 11: I think I'm at like seventy three thousand, yeah, seventy three thousand emails? Yes, and then I've got two. I'm gonna drink some of my sea right now? Do you get a bev lokiv oky?
Speaker 7: Billy would like a bet?
Speaker 2: I've been pounding the cups ends? Or can we just get like a warring bowl?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Come on, I'm joking. I don't Joe, Yeah, like, I'm joking.
Speaker 7: I'm halfway joking about Billy.
Speaker 1: Like, I was very aware that you answered that question earlier, and then I went directly back to something with PFT like, I'm just like trying to play into the out of Billy, like how you give like an insightful answer, And then I just looked back at PFT and just ask him about pardon my take, and Billy's like, all right, I guess.
Speaker 2: I guess he just doesn't give a fuck.
Speaker 7: I love.
Speaker 3: I know you're still salty about the pants.
Speaker 5: I would like to actually apologize while where in front of the camera because I kind of feel bad about that.
Speaker 1: That is honestly exactly what I wanted to hear, because there was like, I'm all about the camaraderie and the banter and having fun.
Speaker 2: But I felt like he was a trade was a delicious Yeah.
Speaker 1: I felt like may crossed me because I did like I was fully bought into, like and this would be good for Billy, like this is the route to go, and you crossing me like that. I was just like, damn, I was in a position, really, I was in a position where really snaked me.
Speaker 7: I felt a little bit trayed by you.
Speaker 5: Why because you were trying to get me to do it to press to Dave.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and doubt that was just a bad move.
Speaker 7: You think about the numbers that would have done Billy, that you had torn Dave's jeans pants.
Speaker 2: Like at the end of the day, like Dave's all about contract.
Speaker 1: We literally stood him in front of us and I said, hey, Dave, think about this content idea.
Speaker 2: And we literally said what we were gonna do.
Speaker 1: We just didn't say it was gonna be I thought it was a bad screenlighted if.
Speaker 2: You knew it was gonna go viral.
Speaker 1: He's like, yeah, absolutely, And so I said, like, yo, you're good to go. If you go and get the head man the top of the mountain, go after the head of the whole machine, You're gonna do numbers.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 5: But at the same time, I kind of felt that you're trying to get me into a situation that wasn't gonna be good.
Speaker 2: Which that's in your own head.
Speaker 3: It might be, it was in my own head.
Speaker 7: It was probably would have gotten really would have.
Speaker 11: Gotten shipped on by Dave if you had so someone had to get getten shipped on by Dave in the name of contest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you wouldn't have actually gotten shipped on by Dave. Like, hey you're suspended.
Speaker 11: Yeah, It's it's tricky though, like a lot of people, you know, I don't know if they're if they're not like one of the original people at Barceol.
Speaker 7: They're always afraid of getting shipped on by Dave.
Speaker 11: But what they don't understand sometimes is getting shipped on by Dave could be the best thing to happen to you, right because it puts you, It puts you in a massive spotlight for a while. And even though there will be some people that like absolutely roast you.
Speaker 2: And because they're pro day like, it's like the the it's like the Dave stoolies.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so there's there's the guy Travis is what we call him, not Travy.
Speaker 7: When he posted that TikTok when.
Speaker 11: You first started working at barstool, it was like Travis's for the boys. When he was like showing his like day one, he.
Speaker 7: Got roasted by it by Dave because he was like, what the fuck is this?
Speaker 11: This is the worst thing I've ever seen. And I talked to him. I was like, dude, I know it sucks right now. It's like it's very bad for you, but it's gonna be good because one Dave knows who you are. He doesn't know who anybody else is in the entry class. And now you have a thing. You're a guy and people associate something with you because of that very cringey video that you put out, But it's still it'll end up being a good thing. It'll be a positive thing for you later. But like a lot of people need to realize that in the moment, it's hard to actually have that recognition because it feels like everyone's coming after you. But when Dave, when Dave attacks you, it can be very very beneficial if you just if.
Speaker 7: You play it the right way and you wait it out.
Speaker 1: Right, if you play into and understand that it's not as serious as what you're thinking it is, because another moment's gonna happen, it's gonna go by, and you're right, you get associated with something, which if you can play into that character like that's kind of the genius behind the creative right, and not get too wrapped up like because you can get mentally go down a rabbit hole by everybody attacking you, thinking like it's like a very personal feeling versus just knowing if you can like separate yourself from that person who's on social media and just know like this is this is the game.
Speaker 2: If you can learn to like play the game, you're in the driver's seat.
Speaker 3: It's a hard mental juxtaposition.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 3: It messes with people's brains.
Speaker 2: But I was I think we were on KFC Radio talking about this.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I feel like it's hard for you guys at times because all of you are around each other, like twenty four to seven in the office, and some people can feel a type of way on a personal level that's outside of the internet. That could that can you guys are all around each other like proximity.
Speaker 11: Yeah, if you're isolated, then it definitely gets more in your own head. Yeah, things are going bad because you're all that you have. It's like you and then the screen that you look at to get validations. Sometimes have you reached the point do you do you read all the comments?
Speaker 2: I read.
Speaker 1: I read comments to look for like more content to play off of. I like I've explained it on the pot before, like when I would look at comments playing ball versus looking at comments now to where people try and say anything about playing ball, Like I've I've been able to compartmentalize it because I would get wrapped up in it. But I feel like I've figured out I have a good.
Speaker 2: Separation from it.
Speaker 1: I guess, yeah, I guess you could say I do read comments, but it's more it's more like, how can I play into the that the internet to like get some lass with people.
Speaker 7: That's a healthy relationship to have.
Speaker 1: Right because as long as you like take it what's being said bad about you, I can be an example for people who feel like they get shipped on and like, oh, he here's how he deals with and it's funny and it seems like it's not as serious as what everybody makes it because it's not.
Speaker 3: Our Twitter replies counts comments.
Speaker 7: Yeah, a comment kind of good question.
Speaker 1: You put out a tweet, you see the comments, like, yeah, you could be looking for like it sucks if you put out something then you're reading the replies because you're seeing what people are saying about it. Yeah, Like I like to look at the replies and yeah, I'll be in a chat with JP. I'll be in a chat with JP and or he'll bring my attention to one of the comments.
Speaker 2: Because it's not like you can see. It's not you can keep up with every comment.
Speaker 1: You might throw off a tweet and for the next few minutes, like you're high. You're like you're like, oh, this would be a funny one and then you want to see the initial comments. But after a while it's like, hey, why didn't you respond to this comment? Did you not see And it's like, look, you can't see everything.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's not healthy to see everything either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get you get wrapped up in it.
Speaker 11: And then people attest their entire like self worth to the comments, liking them, and then the second they don't like you just crushes you.
Speaker 2: It would just you're not gonna please everybody.
Speaker 7: Never never.
Speaker 5: Also, the psychology that unhappy people are more vocal so like even if the happy people aren't gonna comment said that before.
Speaker 1: No, I said, that's well said, oh yeah, I mean the people are gonna vocalize more.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Mean that's just like psych one oh one?
Speaker 7: Is that psych one on one? Billy?
Speaker 3: All the happy people aren't All the happy people.
Speaker 7: Are being like fascinating being around Billy.
Speaker 11: You know what he said this morning? Uh this don't worry, Billy, this isn't bad. We're just like watching a lot of students and people around town. And I said to Bill, I was like, it's a very good looking university here, like it's very attractive.
Speaker 7: Everybody's attractive here.
Speaker 11: And Billy was like, oh, like low key, the reason that there's so many hot chicks is in the South is because of the Civil War and how like demographics shifted when a bunch of dudes went to fight and got killed.
Speaker 3: And Bill will Eastern Europe.
Speaker 7: Yes, Billy's like an anthropologist on set.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, seriously, if you look.
Speaker 1: At it in a macrodosing episode right now, like is this it?
Speaker 11: Yeah, this dude, Billy is like an anthropologist where he sees like the deep reasons behind all these uh from centuries ago exactly, and now it might be complete and total bullshit, but then he believes it.
Speaker 5: But like, that is something that's true in Eastern Europe, and you could apply the same stuff to the Southern units.
Speaker 11: Tell me about why people why women are more attractive in Eastern years.
Speaker 7: No, I'm curious. I'm being honest.
Speaker 5: I don't know. Well, there's more of them. Yeah, it's more like a numbers game.
Speaker 7: Okay, so that traces back to World War two.
Speaker 5: You're saying, I think so I read an article about I can't cite it right now, I'm gonna get wrong and I don't have to fact check myself.
Speaker 2: You're right, you're right. Hey, what time. Are we at JP al right?
Speaker 1: Cool because we can just we could continue to ramble all day long.
Speaker 7: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: What question do I want to ask you?
Speaker 7: Dude?
Speaker 2: I have a tier talk. You guys want to do tier talk or anything?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: Here we go tear talk.
Speaker 1: It's similar to like do you ever see like the ESPN and like Bleacher Report and people do like Mount Rushmore listened?
Speaker 7: Bleacher Report is pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do like this thing called Mount Rushmore where they're like do all their top stuff. And we kind of saw from them and we were like, oh, how can we do a list? And then instead of like four, they're all kind of equivalent. You can kind of pick them wherever and they're kind of on the same level. We like to kind of tear it out one through three, like one's got to be better than the.
Speaker 7: You guys invented lists.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say invented.
Speaker 1: We kind of saw it again, like from ESPNS and like the the mainstream media, like when they do the Mount Rushmore's and and uh, we just kind of thought it'd be cool to do actual lists of tiering them.
Speaker 7: I like that that's very novel com like doing.
Speaker 1: Actual rankings versus being like, oh, here's the top ten, like we want to say tier.
Speaker 11: Okay, all right, so we do Should we do four of one or what's your tier that you want to talk about?
Speaker 2: What's the subject. Yeah, I would love to do months.
Speaker 7: Can I just do my four best months?
Speaker 2: A level?
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, you got a tier in one through three. If you have an honorable mention, you have an honorable mention. All right, so I'm three, Yeah, but start at three going up to one. You can go first, Billy can go second, I can go third. Wait, it's not a draft where if you say one, I can't say I agree with you.
Speaker 2: Open conversation and our very confusing to me. No, it's not just rank your top three months.
Speaker 7: Top three months, number three, number three. I'm going to go with July. I saw yours. I saw your three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bill, Bill, you can you can share it.
Speaker 3: You can share, Yeah, I was.
Speaker 11: It's like a communist version of Mount Rushmore. Yeah whatever whatever Mountain day chisels.
Speaker 3: We share the one we can both.
Speaker 2: Here's your list and like it's your personal list.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm put in July.
Speaker 2: No, hey, it's not your turn this down, Bill, Yeah, calm down. You'd like to have.
Speaker 1: Him have the floor the whole time so we can explain himself. We don't give a reaction, and then.
Speaker 7: Okay, so July number three.
Speaker 11: Why reasoning I mean July is it's a great month. It's it still has summer vacation vibes. To me, I don't think as humans we get so fucked over.
Speaker 7: We're grown up.
Speaker 11: As kids, we're taught for the first eighteen sometimes to twenty one years of her life basically that you get off work all of July and August every year, and then you become an adult and you're like, wait, well, I gotta no, this is vacation, Like I'm not supposed to be working. It's July that fucked me up for a while when I entered the real world. It's got you know, fourth of July great holiday. I associate July with beaches, just taking trips.
Speaker 2: Do not and I apolsize for interrupt to you.
Speaker 1: But I'm thinking of JP and Jack's comments about New Year's even about how it's such an overrated holiday, and we were basically dating it back to like you grow up with it in your Christmas break that it was hype then yeah, but now that it's kind of like you gotta kind of think about work the next day.
Speaker 2: You don't actually have the next few days off.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and then once you hit your thirties and the hangovers last for like two days.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Then it's actually just like it's a bad holiday.
Speaker 2: It's really bad high It's like you can't make it to yeah night.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hate.
Speaker 11: I'm not a fan. Ours two crowded. You have to wait behind like five people to get a drink. It's always overpriced. It sucks. So July number three. So I'm going my number two right now, Yes, my number two month in the world.
Speaker 7: I'm going to go. I'm gonna do.
Speaker 11: I like November. I'm a big November guy. It's not too cold usually not a whole lot of snow. Thanksgiving is my.
Speaker 7: Personal I think it's my favorite holiday.
Speaker 11: I love Wait, wait, what's your Thanksgiving? Thanksgiving might be my favorite holiday.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 11: Just get together family friends. I love the food. I love turkey. A lot of people hate on turkey, but yeah, Thanksgiving is always always Austin. If you do a deep fried turkey, that will make you love the entire month of November.
Speaker 7: So I'm gonna go. November number two.
Speaker 11: We got college football cooking, we got NFL cooking. Like you start to get the in the hunt graphics start popping up in the NFL. Right around then the cornucopia that they put on the score bug at the bottom of the screen.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I love following the score bug. Guys.
Speaker 11: Like the season's change and the months change, because October you start to get like the.
Speaker 7: Leaves falling on there.
Speaker 11: You get one spooky weekend where it's like this jack lanyard and maybe like a ghost or.
Speaker 7: Something at the bottom.
Speaker 11: Then you go into November and you get to cornicopia, which I've never actually seen in person. A cornic copia, it seems like a rather inefficient way to present food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just dumps alusive thing that you've never actually saw. It's kind of like Bigfoot.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, but that's another thing that we're growing up to.
Speaker 11: Like expect around Thanksgiving somebody's going to have a giant wicker basket that's overflowing with an abundance of produce that they're just gonna throw it on the table. It never happens, but so I love following the Scorebug. Then we get into December and you start to get to Christmas lights around the Fox NFL Sunday thing and then after Christmas you just get the snow falling. So that's every year. It's the same and I love it. I love falling it every year. So November November number two and then number one, my number one month of all time.
Speaker 7: I think we're in it right now, boys, I think we're in it. I think it's September. Whoa.
Speaker 11: I think September might be the strongest thing. Whoa because it's Will's birthday. Yeah, and a lot of people saying that if you're born in September, you basically have to make it in professional sports because you're older than everybody else in your grade, so you have a natural advantage. Like I was born in January, so I was I was doomed from the start.
Speaker 7: I was never going to be an athlete.
Speaker 1: You know, you're the kid, You're the kid where you're in the grade and you don't have the peach fuzzy yet coming in because you're like a few months later and you kind of get made fun.
Speaker 2: Of for, oh, you don't have beach fuzzy yet.
Speaker 7: You didn't have peach fuzz I still don't have peach fuzs.
Speaker 11: I only had like one armpit with hair in it as it first started growing. Meanwhile, I shared, I was next to my main man, Ali, that was in the eighth grade locker room next to me after gym class, and he had a full chest of hair and a full beard eighth grade and he was like three hundred pounds, maybe not three or maybe like two hundred and thirty, still a big boy for that age.
Speaker 7: And then it was me.
Speaker 11: I was like one hundred and ten pounds in eighth grade, only tiny bit of hair underneath one armpit. Standing next. I was like, we're not the same human, but that's what a September birthday will do for you. So yeah, you're kind of like it's a system month for athletes, but I think September is the strongest month.
Speaker 7: You get the best weather.
Speaker 11: I think it's not unbearably hot, but you still have summer.
Speaker 7: Vibes to it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you have football that gets started, which is fantastic, and then it starts to you start to feel the autumn air come in as the season gets a little bit, or as September gets a little bit you know, later in the month.
Speaker 7: So I think I'm gonna go September number.
Speaker 2: One, and that seems like it's based around all football vibes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, now that now that I'm thinking about it entirely.
Speaker 2: Grade, you better make it in football likes. It's everything's based around the football. I just live life on a football calendar.
Speaker 11: Sometimes we'll be like in the middle of like the March badness in the n c Double A, or it'll be like NBA playoffs and we'll be doing part of my take and I'll just refer to it being the off season right now. Big Ketill look at me like true, He's like, dude, this is It's the NCUABLEA tournament happening right now. This is one of the best times of the year. And I do love the NCAA tournament. But at the same time, like in the back of my head, I'm like, no, we're in the off.
Speaker 7: Season right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't have to be doing this choosing it, Billy brother, I choose same months in different tiers. Yeah, and listen, this is your top three lists. It could be the exact same if you want, you can say the exact wording and say that you changed my life with all those three picks.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go with all of them, so for three, I think, okay for three, I'm gonna go with May because May is when it all starts popping off. So when you come out of like really come out of the winter, it's when you appreciate the warm days the most.
Speaker 3: It's the best for activities.
Speaker 5: A little you know, sometimes it's little rainy, but it's like the first like eighty degree days, first time you're really coming out of the winter, and it's just great for vibes. Everyone's buzzing in May. I do mean, think about it. I like Billy's explanation.
Speaker 7: Where it's the best month for activities. Yeah, I mean he's he's got a point.
Speaker 2: As much as I'm waiting on waiting for him to say something that we can kind of laugh at, like I'm on board here.
Speaker 5: I mean, like you're you're cooped up all winter, May comes out.
Speaker 3: That's when it starts popping off.
Speaker 7: Yeah, i'd say you.
Speaker 2: Said popping off as your reason, I'd say, yeah, if.
Speaker 11: We're doing a tier of like best months for activities, I think that might be I would include I'd.
Speaker 7: Say April in front of May. No, but life is all about activities. Yeah, No, I know that.
Speaker 11: I'm just saying April, I think is a better activity.
Speaker 7: April showers, Yeah, little rainy, you don't like you don't like dancing the rain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like you know, just wetending on where you are, you can still be cold in April.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, a little.
Speaker 7: True Chicago, it's gonna be cold in April.
Speaker 1: April is not fun. Yeah in Chicago ship which you'll be. We'll talk about that too.
Speaker 5: Uh my second tier, I'm going with December just because Christmas vibes.
Speaker 1: Christmas still is still you know, Christmas is still king. You know, Christmas is king, and we're saying it again, yeah, which is great.
Speaker 7: Merry Christmas.
Speaker 3: I mean, like it's still number one. I mean we're saying.
Speaker 11: Remember that we stopped entirely for like six years. You can say, Mary, you get arrested. Now it's back baby, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 5: No, but like football is number one roll sports like Christmas, and the holiday season of December is still number one overall.
Speaker 2: Playoff times coming yeah, I do.
Speaker 5: Like, No, that's when you enjoy winter. It's not when it's like, oh this is going on for too long. This is like first snows. This is when winter activities are fun.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But December twenty sixth, Like I feel like you just dive off a cliff.
Speaker 3: Like that, but you got.
Speaker 5: But the thing is, I was gonna butt in when you guys are talking about New Year's Eve.
Speaker 2: But New Year's Eve.
Speaker 5: Like its whole purpose is to give you a little life after Christmas. It gives you, it works you an extra couple of days to be like, oh no, it's not over. It's like between Christmas, gives you actually realize how overrated it is.
Speaker 2: Like, man, but yeah, you and keep this way.
Speaker 5: But January first is when the letdown comes. Not December twenty six you get some Bowl games December twenty Yeah, December twenty sixth, you're like living it up, like you're like, oh, we got something else coming and it's not all over.
Speaker 7: You know, Billy was the.
Speaker 2: Type of kid who showed off all of his Christmas gifts.
Speaker 1: He just said, December twenty sixth, you live it up like you know, we'd be going around showing off all of us.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, the best Christmas present you ever got, Billy, I.
Speaker 2: Don't even remember. Did you wear your Christmas outfit your parents got you?
Speaker 5: Like this first day back in No, Well, we had to try it on like that day, Like you get something for Christmas, it was like, oh, you gotta try it on.
Speaker 3: Then you go put on your new whatever.
Speaker 7: You definitely have like a favorite toy or favorite Christmas gift.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think.
Speaker 5: I mostly just got like cleats and new like sports stuff.
Speaker 2: You probably get the new in a like football video game.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean Madden.
Speaker 7: But you can't really show that off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like you seem like a kid who didn't get the video game right when it came out. You had to like wait for all.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I always got Madden at Christmas. I never got it in August.
Speaker 11: Because your parents were probably like, we can dangle Madden over his head and make him.
Speaker 7: Behave make him be a good boy. Yeah for four months.
Speaker 11: We get four months in good behavior out of Billy because he's thinking about Madden, going.
Speaker 5: Over to my friend's house playing the new Madden, being like, Oh, I can't wait to play Superstar Mode, Like yeah, like I'm gonna I'm gonna have like several different superstars, like one quarterback, one linebacker, like sick.
Speaker 11: We did have this debate on on macrodosing at one point, and if you're listening in the car, right now with maybe a child that is under the age of eleven or so might want to might want to turn this part off even twelve. But is is Santa Claus the biggest conspiracy of all time? Like a conspiracy theory that's actually real. Like every adult gets together and we're like, we're gonna lie to every child, every child that's out there, and be like, yo, there's a big, fat guy that's going to reward you if you're good. Like that's that's a literal conspiracy theory, And for some reason we're like, yeah, it's cool to lie to every kid about this just trip.
Speaker 2: I think that's a very good point.
Speaker 1: I think there's a lot of like there's a lot of unpacking with that one. Yeah, because I'm on board with it, but I would hate to interrupt Billy's tear talk.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm sorry, Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Like, that's a great I think that's a great question that probably that probably deserves like thirty minutes of our attention.
Speaker 5: We mistrust the government because of Santa Claus.
Speaker 11: That's the scars every kid, every kid has to go through trauma and find out that every adult lied to them. Their entire life that Fox kids up like they okay, we'll get.
Speaker 7: Your child's right there.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna lie to your child?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? We gotta have the Christmas vibes up. We needed to be a good girl. Billy.
Speaker 1: You know you want some bow j Angles. Billy my number one, number one. So this is where I'm gonna agree with PFT. I am a sucker for July number one. July July fourth great holiday.
Speaker 3: July is just.
Speaker 5: Literally even though we don't have technically summer vacation anymore, there's always summer Fridays. You know, you a lot of people get all of July fourth week off, and you know week low key take the last weekend week of July off. You work remote, So it's goaded.
Speaker 1: July is goaded, all right, mine, I will say my Tier three, I share the same exact sentiment as Billy football. I think, may you're again, you're coming out. We were actually talking about the other day JP. He's horrified for the winter to come in because that seasonal depression kicks in where he gets starts super early. Like I think you do, you go through the winter months. That's what I think the benefit is about. Like living in the like, I mean, Tennessee's kind of the Midwest, or like the where you get all four seasons.
Speaker 7: You're gonna people, real, man, how many people they'll know.
Speaker 2: They all know him Midwest guys, it's all.
Speaker 7: It's all people from like Indiana and Ohio.
Speaker 11: They get so mad when people try to define what the Midwest is.
Speaker 2: They're like, fuck you, that's yea. Or when Virginia, like when Virginia's like, oh, we're part of the South, Like, yeah, no, you're not.
Speaker 7: I love doing that.
Speaker 11: I like to tell people online bad food opinions and then they get mad at me.
Speaker 7: I'm like, I'm from the South. I'm from Northern Virginia. Northern Virginia, y'all don't know how to cook. I was dropped the y'all in there. Yeah your season, y'all. I'm from northern Virginia.
Speaker 1: But Tennessee experiences all four seasons, and I think, like, you're excited going into winter, but when you come out on the other side and May is kicking off and you start getting teased with those warmer months all like sam volleyball starts getting played again. Activities all people are going outside. You go to like a local parking everybody's out there with their dogs already, Like the vibes are up. The vibes are up.
Speaker 5: So I share with that seasonal depression going into winter. That's like that makes that may like I don't even know what the opposite is.
Speaker 3: Like seasonal mania, like seasonal just like.
Speaker 11: Happy happiness, happiness, seasonal yeah, order, yeah, seasonal euphoria.
Speaker 2: All about seasonal euphoria. Yeah. My tier two is.
Speaker 1: So I know what my one is. My tier two is November. I agree that you're going into holiday season. Thanksgiving isn't my favorite month, but it's a or isn't my favorite holiday, but it's a holiday you can appreciate because there's no expectation of gift giving, which I think is like a very underrated thing. Like you're around friends and family, there's zero expectation of gift giving, like you're just there to.
Speaker 2: Like say what you appreciate about somebody.
Speaker 1: But and you're right, like the football season, you're starting to get into December football right after thanksgivings up the Christmas tree. The vibes are absolutely up, like you are playing Christmas music like it's Christmas all month long in December. Basically, However, those vibes start in November. Yeah, and you're in prime football season. My tier one, it's, without a question, October the month that we're coming up in Spooptober number one.
Speaker 2: We're big Halloween guys over here. We're a big Halloween podcasts.
Speaker 1: The weather's breaking, like the weather's breaking right now in this very back half of September, and the leaves start to fall in October.
Speaker 2: It's hard to when it's.
Speaker 1: Friday and you get off work or Saturday morning, when you were already in prime football season and you got that whiter sunlight that's coming out. It comes out in September, but fall you just have so much. The themes start happening. Pumpkin spice, lattes, pumpkin cream, cold bruise, all of the siders start coming out.
Speaker 2: Pople are tailgating for real.
Speaker 1: They're coming out with their unique dishes to October, like Spooktober all month long is the ultimate vibe.
Speaker 7: I think that's a good explanation.
Speaker 11: I also think in October you can the variety of clothes that you can wear is at the peak. I think that there's so many different combinations in that month. Yeah, it really It lets you dress it lets you start styling on people.
Speaker 2: You can.
Speaker 11: I think you can stunt on more people in October than any other month.
Speaker 7: Most dress.
Speaker 1: You can wear every variety, every variety, like you can still probably get away with shorts if you want to. People might judge you and then you're arguing with them. I'm like, who's whose flex is better?
Speaker 11: Yeah, you can do shorts, you can do scarves, even sometimes mixed up.
Speaker 7: Then you got costumes coming in at the end.
Speaker 11: Wide variety. Yeah, I got to wrap it up from mad Dog over there because we have the college football show.
Speaker 2: I think we all do we are?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta go over there.
Speaker 7: To y Yeah, we're all. That's true.
Speaker 2: Do you have anything else that we gotta do?
Speaker 1: Although the road back question, you're you're familiar with the last final question?
Speaker 2: Do you want to recite the.
Speaker 11: So Rollback it's the best company that you can choose for polos, quarter zips, hoodies.
Speaker 7: You name it.
Speaker 11: If you're looking to get out there on the course, play some golf. They've got great golf shirts. If you see me wearing a collared shirt, it's a rollback. Besides that, I don't mess them at all. Go to Rowback dot com Use Promo Code.
Speaker 2: Poys Boys Boy.
Speaker 11: Code Promo Code PMT get twenty percent off. It's the best deal that they run, So go check it out. You guys do have cool merch. By the way, the boys merch, I appreciate that. I always look at that. I'm like, hey, weill had an original idea, keeps out.
Speaker 1: Just look up old vintage t's and then try to figure something out there, like, hey, let's.
Speaker 2: Parlay all this stuff together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my rocky merch.
Speaker 2: Do you do you work? Do you rock any of our merch?
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get some spooktober Marsh. We need some We need people buying into Spooketober.
Speaker 5: Before I see we're we're gonna be downs get scary this October.
Speaker 7: Okay, Yeah, Like let's get like, let's get let's get let's get hooky.
Speaker 1: But my final roadback question, has there ever been what's been the most uncomfortable situation with you and Big Kat throughout your tenure at Barstool Sports, Like is it weird with the dynamic because he's in barstool, you're more of a talent, Like has that ever been? Has there has there ever been a little bit of division with that.
Speaker 11: I don't think that we've ever had like any weird tension field moment.
Speaker 2: I think it's been the most tension field moment.
Speaker 7: There we go, yeah, okay, the most tension field moment because you.
Speaker 2: Know, we need a little bit of drama, like we get to sit with you.
Speaker 7: I'm trying to think what it would be to hear the tea.
Speaker 1: Probably yeah, like dude us joining in, partnering with barstool, Like getting to know everybody, it's been awesome. And then I've watched all the documentary stuff that you guys have done to Eyboy's coming in.
Speaker 2: You get to know the company and how it's been built.
Speaker 1: It's like you're always curious, like what's going on behind the scenes, because it's it takes like a certain level of like it takes a high level of execution to keep everybody involved and bought in all the time, and so I'm curious, like those conversations are things that go on behind the scenes that nobody knows about.
Speaker 11: I like to think that that part of my take has been successful because Big Cat and I don't, like we never let our egos get in the way of anything, Like we realize how lucky we are to be doing this and it's very fun.
Speaker 7: It's the best job in the world.
Speaker 11: So I think we don't have there's none of that like headbutting that goes on.
Speaker 7: And he's a very easy.
Speaker 11: Guy to work with, Like Big Cat is the most talented person I think in sports media, so like I'm I'm lucky to get to work with him. I think maybe the most tention field maybe either after arsenol Vantalk got canceled on ESPN and we didn't know what, Like we were both mad. We're mad about the way that the whole thing went down. We're mad at everybody, like a wide variety of anger coming at from all directions for everybody involved in it. But that was just like a tension field time in general. Besides that, maybe the maybe the medium rare plus debates that we have sometimes, Like Big Cat gets mad about that because I tell him that the medium mare plus is a high in its order to make from a steakhouse, and it started out I was like, it's not that's not a real order, dude, Like I was saying it in a way that made it seem like there was no temperature between medium and medium rare. But in reality, it's more of a conversation have about whether it's an acceptable order to make at a steakhouse.
Speaker 7: Like if I was a waiter and I heard somebody say, media.
Speaker 2: You guys are close to going toe.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, yeah, we've gone We've gone at it over that on the podcast a couple of times. We make clips out of it, and you can see that we're both mad at each other for takes on mediaware plus. But if that's the if that's the biggest fight that we have in like almost seven years of podcasting, I think we're doing okay.
Speaker 5: They's like third person perspective. They don't fight. It's kind of weird we have.
Speaker 2: I think that's good. That's good to know.
Speaker 1: Like I feel like I've been curious that, Like, man, how did they balance everything? And like keep everything, keep everything solid.
Speaker 11: We have a very I think we have a like a a very healthy relationship.
Speaker 7: I think it's it's grown nicely.
Speaker 11: And then sometimes we'll like you know, we'll get somebody like Billy will adopt the child. And then if we ever have any if being big Cat ever have any like anger towards each other, our attention towards you, So we just take it out on Billy, which is a very healthy redirection of anything that we might also keep.
Speaker 3: It together for the child.
Speaker 5: So like, if you're wondering why, like if it so like if you're wondering why, like my biggest role it's like keeping the podcast together.
Speaker 3: So uh yeah, So.
Speaker 11: When Billy fucks up, what he's actually doing is keeping the podcast.
Speaker 3: So like that's my role.
Speaker 5: He realized he's taking the suspension for I had to start boys, I had to start acting up this whole Chicago thing. So I acted up hard over the summer just to make sure it was all gonna go, you know, meshed together.
Speaker 7: Billy did a great job.
Speaker 2: But that was a great job, Billy. I feel you was one time Taylor and I.
Speaker 1: Felt like you could see us actually figure out who's gonna win this argument five guys and in and Out. Yeah, like you know, it's a tough look for bo Jangles. Well it was tough look for In and Out in that whole fan base that week.
Speaker 7: It was it was.
Speaker 2: But uh dude, thanks for coming on. Man, this has been awesome.
Speaker 1: Back well, go hit the College Football Show. Everybody, if you're watching, subscribe, like comment to all the stuff. Leave reviews.
Speaker 2: Follow Billy Football on Twitter.
Speaker 7: Can I plug your podcast on your podcast?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 11: Like there's a lot of PMT heads that are watching right now. Hey, if you enjoy part of my take in macrodosing, you might also enjoy listening to a podcast called Busting with the Boys with Will comp and How's that. Check it out, give it a look. You can find it on YouTube, you can find it on Spotify. Make sure to leave a four star review for it. Don't do that to go for it exactly. I think you can do half stars, so give them four and a half.
Speaker 7: I'll give them five stars.
Speaker 11: But I just want to let the people out there that might not be familiar with the Bust and the Boys podcast listen to Busting with the Boys tell them part of my takes in you.
Speaker 1: That's fine, I'm down with that. You guys see us as a little brother. Do you see us as competition?
Speaker 7: We see everybody's competition.
Speaker 2: That's respect. That's a lot of respect. Appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Thank you for being inclusive of me this interview.