Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: We're live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio Covino and Rich normally on two to four on the West, five to seven on the East. We have a bonus podcast too, called Over Promised. Episode ninety nine dropped on Thursday. Catch it on Fox Sports Radios YouTube page, or just search Covino and Rich Over Promise wherever you stream your podcast.
Speaker 3: Now, this hour giving away prizes.
Speaker 2: We're gonna play last one Standing, and we're joined by Joey Chestnutt the goat the Champion, seventeen time champion in just a few minutes. I'm curious how this guy is doing three days after domination. We'll get to Joey in a second, but as we are broadcasting live from the Fox Sports Radio studio, just a reminder that we will be at the All Star Game next week and I can't wait doing it live. And also I got to remind you about our good friends at make Go. Most cars on the road could use a little TLC. They bring your car back to life with affordable paint jobs like collision repair.
Speaker 3: Get a free S today.
Speaker 2: Oh better get Mako And as we line up Joey Chestnut. I look back at our text messages. If you heard the end of Last Hour show, Cavino has aggravated that he wants to do nothing but sit around and scratch his ass tonight and watch an old baseball or something. But we have a friend in from out of town. Yeah, that he can't wait to see you today. I hit us up while we were broadcast. I'm like, yeah, super pumped to see us tonight. I'm like, what, we gotta go out tonight. We got to wake up early for Dan Patrick two at four am.
Speaker 3: Alarm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it feels awesome on the West Coast when you're out tonight with your friend.
Speaker 3: I saw the text message threat.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm blaming Rich because he's the more social of the two, Like he always loves to go out and.
Speaker 3: And yap it up with everybody. Do like to go out.
Speaker 2: I do like a nice dinner. I do like a nice drink or a coffee or something. But Danny g who is quick to point the finger here, Steve Covino, you were very clear, okay, our old pal. Yeah, and this is the guy that I would love to see it just I mean bad timing, fellas. I'll be in LA from July sixty, the eighth for some work stuff. If you're free to hang the night of the seventh today, let's hang.
Speaker 3: I didn't know Howard Stern was in town, so I got time for Howard Stern.
Speaker 2: Who responds Steve Cavino, I should be around brother.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Real, and then he wrote word, let's take a look at the schedule as we get closer. All I did in this whole thing was at the end of that I gave a fist bump emoji. I think that means you got to come with me. Means not means you're in it. That means you're like, you're like, yeah, man, If you put the fist bump emoji in there, that means you were like down with the plan.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But Rich didn't blow it up the way he normally does. Yeah, I guess I gotta take some blame there. Uh. I was just trying to be nice.
Speaker 2: I mean, I couldn't foresee that we were in for Dan Patrick on that day, So I'm down for a little like, Like, I know, I did enough boozing and schmoozing over the weekend all afternoon to want to meet.
Speaker 3: It's the cheesecake factory like or that PF changs or something in between us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if he's will off come like in my neighborhood for a drink, I'm in. If this requires travel of ten minutes or more, I might be out, But just so I could bring my best tomorrow, that's all. But give me this, give me the official ruling on if you have a friend in town, if they're really a friend.
Speaker 3: Don't you You do have to sort of that. That's what makes a friend a friend, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's always difficult to disrupt the routine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't.
Speaker 2: You know what it's It's also summertime, you can't. You can't blame the kids' school schedule. Well, I got to have a camp and kids at camp. So hey, hopefully you're having a great summer so far. Coveno and Rich, Now we got this guy lined up? Do we have mister Joey chestnutt on standby waiting to just say hi?
Speaker 3: He'll be here in a couple of minutes.
Speaker 2: I got some listener questions too, curious to see how he's doing, how he deals with all the fame for real, Like it must be overwhelming to see all that feedback to see all those posts afterward must be quite the thrill.
Speaker 3: Because your your page is flooded with that.
Speaker 2: But I wonder, you know what, throw this down there if you if you want to ask him when you are scrolling through social media, does he even like, you know what, when it's your birthday on social media? How you have like, you know, thousands of people happy birthday? You know, any like you try to get back to everyone when you win the hot dog getting contest. Do you think he actually looks at a social media Absolutely, because every idiot included the thrill of victory. Every idiot including us, that is hung with him, met him or took a picture with him, posted and.
Speaker 3: They're like, there's our guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he has to be overwhelmed with the amount of feedback and you know, the people that are talking about him and about the event, and it's just that one day and then you know he's back to I don't say normal life, but yeah, he's He's the biggest star of the day.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. Who's more American than Joey Chestnut.
Speaker 2: I mean, he brings us all together in a time where many people are not getting along. Now while we wait for Joey, do you got him spot? Oh yeah, he's entering the room. You should have like a fanfare for him. There he is, Joey Chestnut with glory and renown. We welcome back, seventeen time hot dog eating champion, the Great, the Goat, Joey Chestnuts.
Speaker 4: Joey gonna be on with you guys again.
Speaker 2: Always making man, always good to see you.
Speaker 3: First of all, I gotta ask, how do we feel? Three days later?
Speaker 2: We were back to normal or what it was three days later.
Speaker 4: Still, I don't think I'll ever be normal, but uh, I uh yeah, I probably feel Yeah, I look pretty rough. I feel pretty rough. Still, I uh yeah, yesterday was a long day of travel. But I know I'm in my own bed, got my you, my dogs, and uh yeah, I'm starting I'm getting close to normal.
Speaker 2: Joey Cavino and I were just saying we were curious if the day of the Hot Dog getting Championship, those twenty four hours surrounding the event, are you aware of how much you trend on social media? Are you watching and looking at all the memes and the post and every RELI relish pun intended?
Speaker 4: Yes, no, I uh a little bit, but it's uh, I actually turn off my phone usually what the fourth and I, uh, I it's yeah, I'm kind of I'm kind of I get I get overwhelmed. I'm actually a shy guy, so I don't look at that stuff too much.
Speaker 2: It's overwhelming for us to see how much coverage you get for real, Like it's it's a ton of coverage. Are you ever shocked to see who's talking about you or tweeting about you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Oh the whole time? Like yeah, yesterday I started going through things and see seeing what was said, and like all the Mountain Rushmore posts, those ones are those ones, like oh my god, those are embarrassing.
Speaker 2: You know what we were talking about that before the dominance that you hold even at your what wasn't your best right seventy point five, but it was still enough to win by a landslide by a lot and still impressive, but I know you were shooting for eighty. When it comes to dominance, who else comes to mind for you growing up? Because there's such a gap between you and the next guy. Oh dominance, I said you and like Tyson and guys like that. When you think of dominance, who comes to mind?
Speaker 4: I think of Barry bonds, and he was just unapologetic. He was there just to be the best that he could and hit home runs and dominate. You look at I mean, everybody says Jordan, but yeah, Jordan, but yeah, I don't know. It's to compare myself. It's weird to compare myself to other people. I got super lucky. I found something that I didn't even know I was going to be. Like, this was my thing until I was twenty one years old. Like all the other athletes, anybody who's a competitor, they knew, like when they were five, that that's what they were going to be doing.
Speaker 2: Well, if you weren't Joey chessnut the seven time, seventeen, seventeen time champion, what would you be doing?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I'd still be working probably construction management. I went to school for civil engineering and I like seeing things being part of a big, big project. But I yeah, I don't know what i'd be doing really, But I'd still be probably eating and drinking for fun quite a bit, let.
Speaker 3: Me tell you.
Speaker 2: Seventeen time winner Joey Chess not thanks for the post fourth of July check in. We were thinking about it. When you win by such a large margin. You're around the same age as Lebron James and he's you know, just playing as as well as he's ever played. You saw Tom Brady play till he was forty five years old. When you're winning by again twenty hot dogs, is there any slow down? Are you gonna be the one that walks away eventually? Or can you do this for another ten plus years? Or is that just too much on on your body? Or forty one now right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm forty one. I Uh, the recovery it takes longer. I remember when I was younger, I'd be bounced, bounced back after two days. It was it was the body was, Oh my god, it was. It was amazing. And I uh, these days it takes a little bit longer, and that's to be expected. But uh, we'll see. As long as long as I'm still able to bounce back, eventually, I'll keep doing it. And I still love it. Is that that audience out there, We're talking twenty thousand people New York. It's uh, it was great to be back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, chanting your name not only welcoming you back.
Speaker 2: You know what I saw him get this is USO like the walk into the place like you know how like they'll show like the NBA players in the tunnel wanding entrance.
Speaker 3: I saw like the Joey Chess Nutter's arrived, he's here.
Speaker 2: That's it's it's really cool how they how they demonstrated your comeback. And at no point, at no point did anyone think you weren't going to dominate this. In fact, is it wild to think that, you know, so many people were betting on your over under? How many you know people are wagering on how many hot dogs you win by?
Speaker 3: That's like a thing.
Speaker 4: Now, Yeah, the over under man, that that's the painful one. I a lot a lot of people bet the over and I feel bad. I'm gonna next year, I'm gonna I'm gonna, Yeah, I'm gonna put the work in. I uh now that it we do it. It's I'm going to figure it out how to get get get that get to approach that record seventy six. Even though I'm older, I know there's a way I can do it.
Speaker 2: Hey, Joey, Actually, I have a listener question that goes with that. This is from a mercer man who's also a competitive eater in training. He goes, what do you think was the reason that the eaters had trouble getting down the dogs this year because numbers. We were talking numbers. Numbers were sort of down for men and women. Were the buns stale, are more dense, or maybe the dogs were cooked too much and harder to swallow. Why were numbers down this year?
Speaker 4: You think it was a little weird. Yeah, the I I don't know exactly. The dogs did taste a little a little different. There there was there was I don't know if they cooked him ahead of time or what, but they were a little bit darker all all the way around. I don't know what they if they cooked him on a grill that was just too hot or something. I don't know. It was there was something a little bit different about the dogs. I know Mickey her numbers were off by like like seventeen hot dogs. So so as soon as I saw that her number was down by so much, I was like, oh, maybybe there's something off. I was still fast as heck in the beginning, but I I just I was a fat man. Towards the end, I slowed down. And that's all on me.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 4: It wasn't really the dogs. So I I next year. I just got to come in better shape.
Speaker 2: I think Joey Chestnut hanging with Cavin on rich In for Dan Patrick. Now, most people look at their outlaw there calendar and oh I got a work trip meeting. What's coming up over the next couple of weeks for you?
Speaker 3: What is that? Is there a do you have a competition on the Horizon raid?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Like dide you have a Disney World? What's up for Joey chest Out? What what are we eating next? Or are you taking a little time out now now that there's a what.
Speaker 4: Do I gut? Uh geez, I think i might have a little bit of time off. I'm gonna go visit a friend in Alaska at the end of the month, do some salmon fishing. But yeah, so I'm taking a little bit of time. There's a couple of appearances and they're a minor league baseball game. I think on the twenty first, I'll be in h Lancey in Michigan. Yeah, doing something up there, but uh yeah, yeah, I'll be Olive Berger.
Speaker 3: Danny g wants to know how many salmon could you eat at once? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Uh, you know we were talking about Andy Ronnick saying that tennis takes more athleticism than any other sport. He was saying, it's the hardest sport to play, And you were just talking about how tough it is to recover in your sport. What is the toughest part about your sport and what you do? Like the biggest misconception maybe, Oh, I.
Speaker 4: Think the harder. The biggest thing is that I have to be fairly healthy. I love to eat, but when I when I, it's just double edged. Short. You have to be a big eater naturally, but the more you eat, the the harder it is to eat within those ten minutes. So I have to really I have to be somewhat fit and control my eating and going absolutely empty. So it's it's a lot of it's it's a lot of contradiction. Yeah, you have.
Speaker 3: To be a bit in a mental bat all the time, like to not overeat.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's it's I love to eat. Like my biggest thing is like, like I'm still like fourteen pounds heavier than when I started the contest because I had a couple of beers. I had some beers. I had. My recovery after a contest is supposed to be super high fiber no carbs, no starches. But if I had start having any of those carbs the way, it really stays on me. Joey.
Speaker 2: One last question. You're synonymous with with hot dogs, can you know? And I always feel like pizza is the one thing that so easy to overeats if you're if you're having some drinks, watching a fight night with some of your buddies. Like, what is a reasonable amount of pizza you think for a grown man to eat?
Speaker 4: Well, it depends on the pie. It depends on the pizza.
Speaker 2: Like New York City style like eight slice eight eight slices New York City pie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you're you're eating more more than two thirds of the pie. Yeah, that's six slices. It is pretty normal.
Speaker 3: Wow, man.
Speaker 4: Then yeah, but a lot of people they it's easy football games, it's like a three hour long thing. You're gonna it's easy to just lose count Yeah, And then a lot of people have parties with there's multiple where there's different boxes open, so it's it's easy. I'll go to a place and other's i'll more than one way more than eight slices, twelve twelve slices probably, but it's a you just lose count.
Speaker 2: Don't just being friends with Joey Chestnut and you're having a party. You always have to accommodate for this guy. Yeah, an extra pie for the lecture. Yeah, hey, Joey, we'll let you go. I know you're a busy man as you're getting ready for some downtime.
Speaker 3: Are you big? Are you a football guy? Or now?
Speaker 4: I love football?
Speaker 2: Who's your team? Because we're about to do a little NFL preview? Who's your team?
Speaker 4: I'm living in the in and so I'm big time Colts. I still every year I go to a Buffalo Bills game, I'm hoping. Uh yeah, I'm always rooting for the Bills a little bit.
Speaker 2: Josh Allen, this could be the year. And they're saying Daniel Jones could be making an impact in Indianapolis. So we'll get to all that. Joey, appreciate your time as man. Congrats again, seventeen time winner. Great to have you back as many championships as your Lakers dating think of that. Thank you, Joey, Thank you guys. You brother the goat right there. Joey Chestnut just far superior than anybody else. And by the way, I think his numbers are a little skewed six slices of pizza. You're a guy vone, as they say, But I think at four, and that's when I'm like, hey, how many did you have? Because you never want to be the sloppiest guy, but I do some guy at five, you're like, all right, well, I'm still good. Well, I do feel like when you were a kid, when you were a little kid and your family would get one pie, one pizza for the family.
Speaker 3: He always had always keep the secret that he ate one on the way home.
Speaker 2: He had a whole pie because I always thought like I had two siblings, so there were five of us. I'm like, how did one The math is never meth either. Dad didn't eat in the eighties, the math wasn't meth. And as they say, well Dad ate a whole pie by himself on the way home and never told anybody. That might be the trick in itself. Not to sound like a bunch of slobs, but like Danny G I was saying, how many slices could you have? Like if we got we could we could only the pie, But it's how many should you have?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Nowadays I stop after the third piece.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I started at four. I hate myself, so I could eat the whole thing. But at four us where I'm like, all right, maxed out, you couldn't. He said, sick. But I'm saying, if you wanted six to eight or said twelve the night, if calories didn't matter and health wasn't a thing, you could easily put down a whole.
Speaker 3: Put down a medium by yourself.
Speaker 5: You could eat a whole pizza easily, easy, easy crust. You could do a medium by yourself if you're not worried about gaining weight.
Speaker 2: But the trick is this, It's like, you know, you gotta you can't be the worst guy in your crew. So if the worst guy in your crew had five slices, you had four, you're good.
Speaker 3: That's that's that's my rule. Man, Danny. How many times? Is how many wings you have? He's always counting. I don't want to have most every event, I know the question is coming, Hey, how many did you have? Hey? The rule applies for alcohol too, It's like how many drinks did you have?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 2: Because you're going to be the stupidest by the end of the night, all right, and keep it always, keep.
Speaker 3: It a little little less.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, here's what we got coming up as we fill in for Dan Patrick, a little thank you for hanging with Covino on Rich. I know you don't got your DP today. Hopefully we're we're keeping you company. We're gonna give away a Fox Sports Radio stainless steal sue. That's our water bottle, our Coveno on Rich water bottle.
Speaker 3: It's simple. If you want to play our favorite game, it's called Last One Standing. H This is.
Speaker 2: Stressful, you get aggravated, but I think it's our best game. We play every week and on our afternoon show. So if you want in, let's do it right now.
Speaker 3: It is Next Level Sports Trivia.
Speaker 2: Eight seven, seven, nine to nine on Fox. We'll do that next right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 3: Hey, what's up everybody?
Speaker 6: It's me three time Pro Bowl of Levarrington, and I couldn't be more excited to announce a podcast called Up on Game?
Speaker 3: What is Up on Game?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 6: Along with my fellow Pro bowler TJ. Huschman Zada and Super Bowl champion. Yup, that's right, Plexico Birds. You can only name a show with that type of talent.
Speaker 7: On it.
Speaker 6: Up on Game We're going to be sharing our real life experiences loaded with teachable moments. Listen to Up on Game with me lebar Arrington, TJ. Huschman Zada and Plexico Birds on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast or wherever you get your podcast from.
Speaker 3: It's getting laid early.
Speaker 2: So I want to thank all the affiliates for putting up with I mean hanging out with us Covino and rich In for Dan Patrick, and for over forty years, Tyrak has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Ship Fast and freeback by free Road has their protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire Installation, tire rakni iraq dot com the way tire line should be. I did say rich before we play the game that sweeping the nation. The other game that's popping right now is base Bob. I thought this was an interesting point. Got to give credit to Jimmy U ten, Jimmy you ten, because we talk about how the home run derby could mess up your swing and that's probably why these big superstars shy away from it, like.
Speaker 3: Is that just an excuse at this point?
Speaker 2: Maybe because he's like, dude, they're going up every at bat swinging for the yard nowadays, the home run derby doesn't mess up their swing anymore the way it used to. And that's a great point. If you're going up swinging for the fences every time because analytics says that's the thing to do, is it really messing your swing up? So yeah, why not show? Hey, why not judge if that's what they're doing anyway? Honestly, why not, Alonzo, you watch a full baseball game now and telling me that eighty percent of the players aren't taking big it's a good point.
Speaker 3: Get big hacks every at bat.
Speaker 2: The only the only players you see once in a while trying to do a little slap hit, you know, middle of the line of bends of the lineup. Guys like like a Jeff McNeil or you know what, doesn't even take a full swing on your Yankees I noticed over the weekend, Yet he has a lot of home runs.
Speaker 3: Trent Grisham. Yeah, he takes the guy half swing. He does what you teach kids not to do. In sixteen bombs.
Speaker 2: You know in the Little league when you teach a kid like once you make contact with the ball, keep your swing going, follow through, like like try Grissom the minute hits the ball, like that's where his swing is.
Speaker 3: I'm like, how is this guy hitting.
Speaker 2: Bod I don't know contact hit it on the fat part of the bat. So anyway, we'll be out there representing in Atlanta. Will tell you all about it. But now we're getting the lines going eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. Are we ready to play, Danny g.
Speaker 3: Let's do it. Let's go last one.
Speaker 1: You have five seconds to battle for your sports trivia lot.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I got it.
Speaker 1: Put your electronic devices down and pick your sports knowledge's last one standing.
Speaker 3: Last one standing? All right, I have four categories ready to go if he needed a tie breaker. Each contestant gets five seconds to stay alive in the round. If you run out of time or you answer incorrectly, Iowa Sam will take you out with this big, bad buzzer. You do not want to hear that in this game. Too early for that. We keep battling until you are the last one standing. If you win two of the rounds, you're the top dog here. Are the contestants. Seven time winner Steve Covino right over there, man go eight the big stage. Let's go to his right. Eleven time winner Rich Davis.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to get seventeen, just like Joey Chestnut.
Speaker 7: Let's can serve.
Speaker 3: And big shoes to fill in for thirty time winner Dan byer Is Big Mike, who doesn't run this place. Thank you, Thank you, ladies and gentlemen. Nice to be here, golf clays, Big Mike, thank you, And let's go to the studio. Line is going to see who's playing for one of our last cnur stain of steel swiggy water bottles. All right, big Mike, I'm gonna use you for this. Would you love to travel too, beautiful Baxter Springs, Kansas, Roanoke, Virginia, Waco, Texas Winter Park, Florida, Jonesboro, Arkansas or Carlsbad, California.
Speaker 7: I will go to Arkansas. Let's go Arkansas, baby.
Speaker 5: That's Arico, Arico, Aranas Alrico you there, yes, sir.
Speaker 3: Hey, what do you what do you do for living there in Arkansas?
Speaker 5: I put a pint and we just had fireworks, So we just sold a bunch of tints and fowers.
Speaker 3: It's a good time of the year for you. I like tents all right. By the way, Spot is the fact checker during this game. It's so much super anxiety over there where he sits, So be patient with him. When I say your name, the clock is going to begin. First category is called the Cooperstown twenty. You have five seconds to name one of the nineteen legendary MLB pitchers whom Clayton Kershaw just joined in the three thousand strikeout club. All right, nineteen others. Covino, You're gonna be up first as soon as the timer starts right now. C. C. Sabbathe c C.
Speaker 5: Sabbathia number eighteen, thirty ninety three, Rich Nolan Ryan, Nolan Ryan, number one, fifteen, Big Mike, Kurt Shilling, Kurt Shilling thirty one, sixteen, A number seventeen, Arico, Randy John Randy Johnson number two, forty eight, seventy five Covino, John Smoltz John Smoltz, number nineteen at the bottom of the list, thirty eighty.
Speaker 3: Four, Rich Terrific, Tom sever Tom.
Speaker 5: Sever number six thirty six.
Speaker 7: Forty, Big Mike ooh Uh, Pedro Martinez Pedro Martinez, number fifteen thirty one fifty four.
Speaker 5: We're on a roll, Arico, Greg Maddie, Greg Maddox, number twelve thirty three seventy.
Speaker 3: Wise Poul Covino, I don't believe anyone said the rocket? Did they rain? Roger Clements. I'm sorry, yeah, sorry, we rocket? You're thinking. I'm sorry. I was looking, I was said a Nick. Everybody right, I was going out.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I was looking at Randy and I bet to say Roder forty six seventy two, number.
Speaker 3: Three, number three on the list, Rich Justin Verlander, Justin Verlander, r Ten thirty four seventy one, Big Mic, Uh, Bob Gibson, Bob Gibson, Yeah, number sixteen with thirty seven thirty one seventeen A Rico, it's a good list. One three two.
Speaker 5: Tom Glad, Tom Glavin not on the list, sorry, Covino, Don Sutton, Don Sutton, number seven thirty five seventy four, Double talk, Dickie, Max Schurzer, Max Schurzer on the list, number eleven thirty four nineteen, Big Mic.
Speaker 7: So you're saying I can't say Clayton Kershaw? Is that right?
Speaker 3: Right? Oh? Number twenty three thoud.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna be out because I know he didn't play. Gonna have Sandy kofax.
Speaker 3: Not only it's between CNR Covino three two one.
Speaker 5: Micro oh yeah, slip today the number thirteen thirty, third forty the buzzer Rich.
Speaker 3: Three Cy Young No, Covino wins that round. I'm the smartest man.
Speaker 8: Love Alright, you guys, Miss I'm so angry that I missed something, Miss Steve Carlton number four, Walter Johnson number nine, Gaylord Perry Great, Fergie Jenkins number fourteen, and Burt.
Speaker 5: Blin levinon Burn number Fiveever, yeah, that was a good category.
Speaker 3: Coveno on the board. So far as we moved to the second category, it is called first year, fat year. You have five seconds to name an NFL wide receiver who's on the list for the most receiving yards ever by a rookie wide receiver. We'll take the top twenty five most receiving yards ever by a rookie wide receiver. A Rico. You're going to be up first in this round as soon as the timer starts right now, Gay right, what is that? Jerry Rice's Kerry Rice? None?
Speaker 7: List oh off of bat that's rough, Big Mikey.
Speaker 5: Randy Moss, Randy Moss number six, thirteen thirteen, Rich three two, CD Lamb ceed Lamb none the list. Oh co Te sewanke Seawan three not on the list?
Speaker 3: Wow, oh big Mike win's that round?
Speaker 1: Oh I'll take it.
Speaker 2: Wha Yeah, Number one wasn't I tech technically the last guy?
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, but I'm the only one who gave a correct answer.
Speaker 2: It's Mormon Harrison Junior on that listcaus if he was, I'm gonna get it.
Speaker 3: Joey Galloway was gonna be my your friends from the Rams, who's your who's your guys? My pal Cooper cup or.
Speaker 5: No, yes, number one by the way, Yes, Joey Galloway was on their bottom of the list very much.
Speaker 3: So, man, that was no matter how you slice it, I always try and hold on.
Speaker 2: I swear on my life I had the cool written down. Yeah, all right, we got Pooka the cool. Let's see. Yeah, he set that record recently. I thought you would say him for sure, all right.
Speaker 5: Third category, Bill Groman was number two, Jamar Chase, number three, Justin Jefferson, Justin Jefferson, number four.
Speaker 3: Let's what else?
Speaker 5: Ukon Bolden number five, So that's the top five, and I hate that list because I should have got all of those.
Speaker 3: Let's go, all right, Covino and Big Mike both categories under their belt. As we go to the third category, Busy at the break, you have five seconds to name a player who leads the MLB in All Star appearances all time. All right, once again, MLB All Star Appearances all time. We're gonna take the top No, No, all time. We'll take the top thirty eight because thirteen players are tied for making the All Star Game twelve times each. All right, Covino, you're gonna be up first as soon as the timer starts. Right now, this just comes to mind. Ozzie Smith.
Speaker 5: Ozzie Smith had fifteen.
Speaker 3: Fam Yeah, Rich Willie Mays.
Speaker 5: Willy Mays had twenty, Big Mic Derek Jeita, Derek Jeter had fourteen. A Rico, Barry Bond, Barry Bonds had fourteen. Covino, cal Ripken Junior nineteen, Rich.
Speaker 3: Three two, Mike Piazza.
Speaker 5: Mike Piazza had twelve. Part of the twelve list, Okay with Nice A Rico three two one.
Speaker 2: Greg Maddie who said Big Mac Mark said, he said.
Speaker 5: Maddox Maddox No sorry, brother, back to Covino. Albert Pools, Albert pool Hosts not on the list. What wow, Rich, get out of my face.
Speaker 3: Sorry, this is how many more than what a twelve?
Speaker 5: Twelve or over?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Three two? King Griffey Jr. Thirteenth, Nice Pool Big, Mike.
Speaker 5: Clayton Kershaw, Clayton Kershaw not on the list.
Speaker 3: Rich Wins was a lot. I know that's that's not the old timer.
Speaker 5: The Hammer and Hank is on there. I was had a few, he had twenty one. He was the top. Ted Williams on Ted Williams was on there, seventeen stand usual rock crew. I hate Yogi Bearra, Mickey Mantle, Pete Rose by the way, Tony Gwyn, Oh you could have made legend I have her.
Speaker 3: I got none of them. We were so bad.
Speaker 2: I'm shocked because that was shocked. That was the one where I had like five more than the Holster. Yea easy you Our Pools wasn't on that list.
Speaker 3: I had pool Holes written down. But I can't believe he's not. You know, MLB is about to resit their offer for our show to broadcast.
Speaker 2: You know, uh you know who was questionably on my list. It was like my fifth one down. I would have had to go to Yachti eventually YadA and Molina, I know, no, Nogez, maybe no Vonn Rodriguez.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know what I wait ahead, don't go.
Speaker 5: Back for years. Don't make him go back to bon Is on there fourteen nice? Okay, who did you say, Rich Yachdi are Molina Yachtier?
Speaker 3: Nonetheless? All right? Three way tie Coveno, Big Mic Rich. As we crawl into the fourth category, Bombs over ATL, you have five seconds to name an MLB player who has won a home run derby since the year two thousand. We were just talking about this on the show Bombs Over ATL. Five seconds you name an MLB player who has won an HR derby since the year two thousand. Arico, You're gonna be up first as soon as the clock starts right now, go oh my god, three two one, sorry brother, Big Mike.
Speaker 7: Oh, I don't pay attention to the home run derby at all. Come on, yeah, come Aaron.
Speaker 3: Jack Yes in twenty seventeen, Rich Robbie Cano Cono.
Speaker 5: Polar Bear Pete in twenty twenty one and twenty nineteen, Big Mike cecil Fielder, Cecil Fielder, nonymalless it's between C and R rich princefielder.
Speaker 2: Yes, Cono, I mentioned him earlier.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure. Bobby I Bray you won.
Speaker 5: Bobby Bray you two thousand and five to rich Or three.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, yeah.
Speaker 5: Last last year, Albert Poolholes.
Speaker 3: Rich is the last one standing. What I was thinking of.
Speaker 2: Albert Poolholes participated the last year of his career and actually put up a really good shot.
Speaker 3: Right, that's true.
Speaker 5: Down twice today an I got so so is in two thousand I said it on purpose by that Jason hobby on Soto once I forgot and twenty ten, Bryce Harper twenty eighteen, Bryce John Carlow twenty sixteen.
Speaker 3: And you guys stink. You guys stink. That is is Rich Davis's twelfth win in this game, and you guys making it too easy. A Rico in Arkansas, We appreciate you participating, good battle their.
Speaker 2: Brother, Thank you, buddy, appreciate you, thank you for listening, Thanks for your hard work this weekend, and.
Speaker 3: Enjoy we listen.
Speaker 2: Speaking of baseball, a reminder again we will be filling in for Dan Patrick next Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from the All Star Game festivities in Atlanta, Georgia home run derby the game, we'll be doing a recap, talking to players, and it's gonna be a lot of fun, so we'll try. We're gonna try to get some legends and current players on the show. So next week in for DP again. Now coming up, we just talked baseball. How about a little NFL. Let's take a look at Week one. I know it's still fifty nine days away, but really think about it. In less than two months, we're gonna be full force into the NFL. So a little peak at week one coming up right here, Covin on rich And for DPA.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: We are live from the Fox Sports Radio studio Coveno and rich In for Dan Patrick, and we're here again tomorrow. Always a pleasure, it's an honor, guys. Thank you for I'll just say, putting up with us, but hanging out with us. We appreciate it. And we're gonna be broadcasting live from Atlanta where the players play during the MLB All Star festivities. As we fill in for Dan Patrick again that week. The brightest baseball athletes from HBCUs are about to make history there in Atlanta. Catch to HBCU Swingman Classic presented by Team Mobile, hosted by Ken Griffy Junior, and stay for the pome fireworks at Truest Park on July eleventh. For tickets, visit All Star Game dot com. I'm extra pump because I didn't see enough fireworks this weekend, So let's go at Lana Hey by the way, Welcome to Atlanta. I was thought the Coast to Coast remix was the better version.
Speaker 3: It was really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, makes you wonder how many songs do you feel like the remix is the better version? You ever hear like the original version of some songs and you're like, oh wait, that was the og. Sometimes I prefer an edit to believe it or not. I know that's an unpopular opinion, but.
Speaker 5: Well, sometimes the remix was the better version that everyone thinks is the original choice is yours from Black Sheet.
Speaker 2: There are certain songs where you see the original album caught, You're like, oh wow, the remix is the one we all know.
Speaker 3: You're like, it's slower and the beat's not as good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you would hate that when you'd go to the store and buy the single and you'd get it it wasn't the radio version. You're like, this sucks. So guys, thanks again for hanging out with us. Shout out to the affiliates. Thanks for playing a long last one standing. If you miss anything, remember we're usually on Monday through Friday two to four in the West, five to seven on the East. We have a bonus podcast called over Promised. You could watch it on Fox Sports Radios YouTube page. Again Covino Enrich, always happy to be here, hanging out with you tomorrow. Giving away prizes again are stainless steel Swiggy our coveted prize right now. We got some nerve Football's coming soon. Always giving stuff away, bribing listeners. We got Showtime a Homes Trivia. Showtime a Home stops by and we do trivia on Tuesday.
Speaker 3: So join us Manyana now listen.
Speaker 2: I was looking at different tickets to buy and taking my kids to their first Mets game at City Field We're gonna be at in New York in a week, and then I know you and I are scoping out some football dates to go into a couple of weekends with some buds. I thought we were going to November November, and I think we might go to Arizona. But you know, now's the time where people are plotting out their football travel yet city you're gonna hit up what are the games on the schedule that you're looking at, saying, oh, well, well remember projections are coming soon. And we talked about how USA Today last year picked the Jets beating the Packers, and I guess that's the beauty of Week one and leading into the season. There's hope for everybody, but you can also be realistic when it comes to your thoughts. But I think every year there's a couple teams that surprise the hell out of everyone in a good and bad way. And I think this year, much like every other year, you're gonna you know, For instance, to me, I think the Steelers, as much as Danny g hates when we talk about Aaron Rodgers, I think that we're focusing too much on Aaron Rodgers or we're forgetting that this team is sort of going all in and they're well coached and they have some but even some new coordinators in plays they hate them and it's a mutiny yeah, but even in best circumstances, right, they make the playoffs, do you think they're going all the way? I mean absolutely, do not know what could happen out You're right, was a step some teams. I mean, listen, how many times do we say it parody?
Speaker 3: You make fun of me? Want to say parody?
Speaker 2: The parody in the NFL proves the year off the year that half the teams that make the playoffs don't make it the following year. That is fact, That is not me speculating. That happens year after year. So when you look at Week one of the NFL, you know, we think we know the teams that are going to be in it. I'll remember we're fifty nine days away and kicks off Cowboys Eagles Thursday, September fourth, So getting excited even even the kickoff itself Cowboys and Eagles. I mean, eventually in our lifetime you would think that, like the Cowboys, we'll get this together or what.
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 2: I finished squid game, So I'm watching the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders season two America Sweetheart just to get fired up for the season.
Speaker 3: Do they need to just smarter made off?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to see what sort of we're sort of cheer team they have back them up.
Speaker 5: We're also going to have Quarterback on Netflix to lead into the season.
Speaker 2: And Danny, look at one of the games week one, right after that Cowboys Eagles Opening Night showdown. Your Raiders play in New England. That's that's one of your early games opening week. And if you can't, if you're telling me that anyone at this point before we've seen a preseason snap or anything. Remember Yahoo Sports projected Geno Smith a top ten quarterback based on his weapons.
Speaker 3: In with the Rustian gent and the receivers around him right now like Bowers. Yep, yeah, it might be surprising. It's gonna be a matter of the Raiders defense right now.
Speaker 2: We haven't seen genty, we haven't seen what Gino looks like with this offense. And on the flip of it, is there isn't there like some fat is it the fun fact like there's no team that's turned over personnel more than the New England Patriots over the last year. So you can't even have a gauge on a team that's personnel is completely different. So well, back to our original rule, you're not gonna have a age until six weeks in. Any way, Yeah, it's impossible. I mean, then then there's always the storylines of well, Jaden Daniels, is he going to deliver at the same level that he did last year or was that just the anomaly beause remember two years ago c J. Stroud was insane and the sophomore slump hit a little bit.
Speaker 3: So we'll see.
Speaker 2: And then, uh, of course my Niners out West have the softest schedule, are they backed? Does brock Purty lead them to the glory of a few years ago? Getting excited here and you talk NFL and don't forget Ravens. Bill's playing man some great games Week one. So we're less than two months, which is exciting. But hey, Baseball All Star next week. We'll be back tomorrow morning. Thanks for lett us fill in for DP. Until then, a Riven there, chee baby. We will see you in the promise.
Speaker 3: Good day, guys,