Speaker 1: Hey there, everybody. It is Tuesday, November eleventh, and some big ditty headlines out in the last couple of days. The Big One did he could get out of jail a full year early, but he needs to stay out of trouble. If some of the headlines were reading are accurate, he could be maybe undoing some of the good he's doing in prison.
Speaker 2: Do you remember how much the judge in this case stay consistent about not trusting him, and how much you said, no, judge, but let me go home on bail and no, no d I How much could the judge possibly be fuming to hear that Diddy might be already breaking some rules.
Speaker 1: That's right. So headlines from his new facility. He was moved to Fort Dick's Prison on October thirtieth. That's a low security prison in New Jersey. Did he entered a drug rehab program. That's a good thing. He's working in the prison, another good thing. He got in trouble for a phone call. That's a really bad thing. And then now he's dealing with allegations that he vehemently denies that he drank some prison kool aid, so to speak, prison moonshine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that good old prison hoops. That prison wine, right, that's so famous. Look those two things of which order do you want to go here? Now? You said he's refuting allegations. Those allegations, to be clear here are not coming from any prison official.
Speaker 1: That's correct, And some of the other headlines have been at least verified by the prison from documents, etc. But no, these are the unverified claims that he was drinking homemade alcohol. They came from TMZ, who claims that two insiders inside the prison confirmed for them that he was caught with homemade alcohol. And I think what's making a lot of headlines is what that alcohol reportedly was comprised of fermented Fanta sugar and apples.
Speaker 2: As far as prison wine goes, that doesn't sound terrible from a lot of the other stuff I have heard. Yes, they get hands on simple stuff. I don't know if this happened. But to your point, TMZ has these headlines, TMZ, it's hilarious. They have sources in prison even and I believe them actually that they do have sources in prison. But to hear this already, it was important. Robes his team and he does have a team that is working, Yes, a legal team but he has a pr team already working for him. They jumped on this, they did so.
Speaker 1: This was the official response to all of this. This is only his first week at FCI four Dix, and unfortunately rumors will surface throughout his time here. We ask the public and the press to give him the benefit of the doubt, the privacy to focus on his personal growth, and the grace to move forward. In piece, they say, the rumors claiming mister Combs was caught with alcohol are completely false. Even his official Twitter account or x account that his family runs. This is interesting. They denied the claims. In a post over the weekend. It said the rumors claiming mister Colmbs was caught with alcohol are completely false. His only focus is becoming the best version of himself and returning to his family. They deleted that post after they put it up initially, but by all accounts, they have made it very clear that this is false.
Speaker 2: Reporting, and that's very important. He is already working on what he's going to do and how he's going to be embraced when he comes out. You don't need You're a week and a half in and already headline saying you're violating rules and you the guy who has been abusing alcohol and drugs for the past two decades. You say a week and a half and you're in there drinking. He cannot have those headlines. So this is important for them to shoot this down.
Speaker 1: Immediately because that drinking and those and the drugs that he admitted to taking over those decades, he says, were absolutely responsible for his behavior, responsible for fueling those freak offs. So it's incredibly important, more so than any other inmate, perhaps that he was clean.
Speaker 2: It forced him to get clean. During the trial, he didn't have access to anything, so he claims to be drug free and alcohol free. At this point, we'll see. I would love to ask the judge, hey man, what do you think Do.
Speaker 1: You think you did it? Do you think you did it? But he did enter this drug rehab program, and that is perhaps interestingly coming just what two three days after these initial reports of him drinking behind bars, So perhaps it all was timed out really well for him, and it looks like he is. This is a coveted program to get into. It's not easy to get into, and it's coveted because it comes with the promise that you can cut off serious time from your prison sentence if you successfully complete it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the judge, I mean before the end of that trial, before sentencing, they were pushing for the judge, please let him get into this program. Can you essentially put in a good word, And the judge was okay with that. And the judge was the one that said, yes, be a part of do this program and it could knock this time off your sentence. So he now is officially in it, and it's an extensive program. You're not in that for a couple of weeks, a month or two. This is almost a year long program he has to do. And so what we're talking about Robes is people were thinking he could get up to eleven years in prison. He ends up getting four, which now.
Speaker 1: Could end up down to three exactly.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nine months to twelve months in this program. It's a half day I believe each day. But even if he does get released early, did he would still have to be under supervision for five years.
Speaker 2: If he has a nice house where they can supervise him.
Speaker 1: But he does have to have drug testing and mental health meetings prescribed under his sentence. So all of that, yes, he could be doing it in the luxury of his own home. But he will be drug tested. He will be tested for substance abuse, so this is something that will at least be supervised. We're also learning about what he's doing now with this new lower security facility. He apparently also got a coveted job of working in the chapel in the library, where his Spokesversuon actually described did he is saying the environment is warm, respectful, and rewarding.
Speaker 2: Good. That should be the case for folks we're trying to rehabilitate. Fine, yes, that sounds wonderful. Now, I guess folks are scratching their heads. Well, how did he get a coveted spot? I mean, okay, I don't know all the inner workings, but I'm pretty sure he has a pretty damn good resume compared to the rest of the inmates. And if he hands in his professional resume, you know, he's kind of qualified.
Speaker 1: It might it might be a little better than the others. Right, So, yes, what he has to do he has to maintain the library, clean the office, help with some record keeping. But the reason why it's such a coveted job is that it allows inmates to work in a private office, which that's a big deal. Often they say it's climate controlled, which apparently is a big deal. They get. Here's the other thing they said. Chaplains will oftentimes bring in food because they'll have religious services, and they'll share them with their assistant. So did he might get some better food out of this. But here's the other big thing. Chaplains can allow their assistance to prepare what they call a call out list, and that tells officers which inmates get to leave their cell to go to programs or medical appointments. And those assistants, which did he now is can add connections or friends to that list. So he could. It's a position of power within the prison.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he gets.
Speaker 1: To he could could if the chaplain decides to let him prepare the call out lists, and some other assistants have gotten to do this. They're saying he could actually really have a decent amount of weight within or among their prisoners, knowing he gets to create or help curate this call out list.
Speaker 2: Is that the world? How much of this I don't know. Again, we don't know why some of this. How much of it is having a guy who is influential, who probably does have a lot of the respect of the guys there who also has been it was very business savvy. He's educated, even if not in school, he is at least educated in terms of life, so he might be in a perfect for this job. How much of it is as well? Is it disruptive at all to have him with the general population too much to where people can start leaking things to the press and things like that. We talked about this with Glenn Maxwell just the other day. Maybe they are trying to keep her separate for a whole host of reasons.
Speaker 1: Who knows all of that makes perfect sense. In addition to his resume, his attorneys or yes, his legal team is saying he is restarting his free game with Ditty. We heard about that at the sentencing and a little bit at the trial, that it's this class he is offering other inmates, an entrepreneurial class where he helps folks who are going to be heading out into the real world with actual life skills, improving their self worth, becoming productive citizens. And this is all a part of his do good behind bars, helping others and being a leader and a teacher and taking all of the stuff he did that was right in the world and bringing it to the prison.
Speaker 2: They have to applaud that.
Speaker 1: They certainly did.
Speaker 2: He has a lot to offer the prison population. I would argue seriously, he absolutely.
Speaker 1: Does, and like you said, the respect. Have you seen some of the photos TMZ also got of him out now breathing in fresh air, which his attorney said he hasn't been able to do in over a year, hanging out, but you could see everyone was around him smiles. I'm sure it's a big deal to have Diddy in prison, and these are lower security criminals. These aren't folks necessarily who are the most violent. They're quite the opposite. So it's got to be a little bit more of a better social sit situation for Didty. We mentioned some of the good he did, some of the other problems already that have arisen in a week and a half. According to CBS News, he is facing disciplinary action right now for problems with phone usage.
Speaker 2: We hear this so often and a lot of big cases we've been covered. I guess the Menindez brothers were another one. But this is a big deal. This is considered a major violation. They can't monitor everybody with cell phones and what people are doing. They get a lot of hours actually to talk on folds. You got a lot of inmates. You can't monitor it.
Speaker 1: All for a thousand inmates.
Speaker 2: But if you're I mean, if you you know, and there's a reason these rules are in place to keep the guys on the inside for continuing any criminal activity on the outside. There's a reason for it. So even if you do it for an innocent reason, it's still a big deal.
Speaker 1: Right. So specifically, this rule that Ditty is alleged to have violated, so the Bureau of Prisons does not allow inmates to add add people to a call, So you can't conference somebody into a phone call. And the reason why is because they don't want inmates to coordinate criminal activity. And you can only talk to people who are on a specific list. So if you want to bring in someone who's not on your already authorized list, that'd be how you do it. You call someone like your mom who's on the list. She conferences in your criminal buddy, and now you're talking to somebody that wasn't approved.
Speaker 2: Okay, And you could see why that could go sideways and be used for criminal activity. You could see why somebody would accidentally and innocently make that mistake. I don't know if this was the rule at his other place at the NBC in Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: Or not, but if you're all seemed like it would have been.
Speaker 2: But if you're thrown the phone talking to your mom, it's mentioned something about your niece. Oh my, is she around? Can you get her on the phone right quick? I want to say hi. You could see how that happens.
Speaker 1: Yes, and actually many people have said there are like absolutely innocent reasons for wanting to do that, because you only have limited amount of time, and if you can get all your family on one phone call, it certainly makes that easier. However, here is what is being alleged. Did he made a three person call on November third? Again? He got to the prison October thirtieth. He told officials it was a conversation with his legal team about issuing a statement to The New York Times. All we know, according to the documents that CBS got their hands on, he talked to an unnamed woman. Halfway through, she asks if she can add another person to the call. He says yes, And we know that Comb's talked about arranging visitors for the weekend and apparently suggested they bring cash. He asked for two hundred singles. We don't know why or how he was intending to use that money.
Speaker 2: Anything.
Speaker 1: Money is power, of course, and that's yes, he might need to get some things out of the vending machine.
Speaker 2: You suppose only have coins. That's why that was a problem.
Speaker 1: Correct. That is a clear violation to ask them to be in singles. He can only have coins.
Speaker 2: Could have been code for something else.
Speaker 1: Cigarettes, all right, So what apparently happened did? He says he didn't know the rules. He said no one told him he couldn't conference someone in, and he said he didn't receive the prison orientation handbook that he was supposed to receive. Okay, So his spokesperson gave this as the response. It was a procedural call initiated by one of his attorneys and was protected under attorney client privilege. There was nothing improper, that's what they said.
Speaker 2: But they didn't say anything about the other person being conferenced din. They did address that.
Speaker 1: Didn't say anything about that. So prison officials recommended that Combs lose ninety days of phone privileges and ninety days of commissary privileges because of this infraction.
Speaker 2: That's a big deal in prison.
Speaker 1: That is huge. So they filed that ruling on November fourth, so this is all verifiable and funny enough, November fourth was his birthday.
Speaker 2: And we don't know though, if this has been implemented.
Speaker 1: Unclear if what they recommended he'd be penalized with actually was in force. So we don't know if he can use the phone or not, but that certainly was what they were recommending based on the violation that he committed what three three days into this new home.
Speaker 2: We'll know about it soon because if he's using the phone still, we'll hear about the next violation.
Speaker 1: I'm sure we will. All right, when we come back, we're going to talk about the expedited appeals process that Diddy was granted just last week. So what does that look like, what are his other options of getting out early, and is he still holding out for that presidential pardon?
Speaker 2: All right, folks, we continue here now on Amy and TJ with Ditty. Have you noticed a theme here? A erbes and it's going to start happening. We're talking here now the headlines of I what's going on with him behind bars? The headlines before that were about his sentence. We're starting and it will over the next couple of years, don't you think start piecing together headlines about him that are not that video, that are not baby oil, that are not freak off. This is a part of him and him having a team responding, I mean, shooting down anything that's coming out negative from behind bars. So now we're talking about he works with the chapel, he's running Ditty's program, he's apologizing for a mistake in the phone. Right, there's just slowly but surely, and this has to be a part of him making a comeback of some kind.
Speaker 1: Look, if you've got all eyes on you, everything you're doing right, everything you're doing wrong behind bars, and somehow you've always got somebody leaking something to the press. This is a smart move. He knows he's being watched, and he knows it's going to be reported. But to have that PR team behind him is everything.
Speaker 2: But all of these stories we've been reading, all these headlines and all the updates, everything is not Cassi even terrifying anymore. Right, it's going too slowly but sure and it's going to take time for him. But this has to be a part of their strategies to make sure the headlines are about he's in rehab, he's being a good citizen in there.
Speaker 1: And refuting any negative rumors that are because those things can take flight and you can never undo them. And so they have been very quick and very swift to manage that. So he's got his pr team working on one hand, his legal team on the other, and they got an expect an expedited appeals process already set in place. That happened last week on November third.
Speaker 2: They had another positive headline.
Speaker 1: Yes, another positive headline. So his team has to get their brief into the courts by December twenty third. The government gets theirs by February twentieth. Comb's team gets to reply to the government's brief in March, and then oral arguments on an appeal are already set now for April of twenty twenty six. That is a very speedy process.
Speaker 2: So, talking about speed, we talked about him possibly getting one year office sentence already. We still have to keep in mind he's got options now for that May twenty twenty eight date.
Speaker 1: Is it, Yes, the release May eighth, twenty twenty eight is his scheduled release date.
Speaker 2: That thing is moving back, ain't it.
Speaker 1: It could be May eighth, twenty twenty seven. Then you've got good behavior that can chip away at that time as well, and your appeals are still yeah, because the legal team, just to remind everyone, is challenging the Man Act and that is what prosecutors used to convict him, and a lot of people were believe that was a little bit of a shaky legal round there. This is a controversial act that was intended to basically prohibit people from transporting folks across state lines to engage in sexual activity or prostitution. And it was originally called the White Slave Traffic Act.
Speaker 2: Slave Traffic Act, what was it? Which championship boxer's married to a woman they got in trouble with this same it started being used in racist ways.
Speaker 1: Yes, to prohibit black men from having sex from white women with white women, period. So they are challenging the usage of the Man Act to Diddy, and you know, a lot of people believe they have a decent argument there. Of course, that presidential pardon is still on the table. Trump has not ruled it out, not at all, and the Diddy team has acknowledged that they have officially asked the president to consider pardoning did he but.
Speaker 2: He handed out those pardons this week about the all the the Georgia election hoax, all that stuff. I was digging through there when I saw the headlines.
Speaker 1: Darryl Strawberry in there, I thought, well, he sneaked him in one of them. That was another. He's had a lot, He's had several waves of pardoning folks. Yes, so that is And look, TMZ had said, I believe it was two weeks ago that it was imminent that President Trump was absolutely going to pardon him. And they actually put something out saying we still stand by our reporting. They are putting us like a stake down saying he is President Trump is going to pardon Didny.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: We shall see. But yes, the eyes of the world continued to be on that Fort Dick's prison in New Jersey, and certainly we will be following the story as any new developments developed. But thank you for listening to us as always on Ami Robot alongside TJ. Holmes. We will talk to you soon.