Speaker 1: Are you leaving?
Speaker 2: I you wanna way back home?
Speaker 1: Either way, we want to be there, doesn't matter how much baggage you claim.
Speaker 2: And give us time and they turn and al and gay.
Speaker 1: We want to send you off inside. We wanna welcome you back home. Tell us all about it. We scared? Or was it fine?
Speaker 2: Melbourne?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do your need you ride?
Speaker 3: Ride? Do you need with Karen and Chris welcome to Do you need a ride?
Speaker 1: This is Chris Fairbanks and this is Karen Kilgareff.
Speaker 3: Hello, Karen, Hello Chris. I have something to share and I think you might be disappointed in me, But it ended okay, So don't panic at.
Speaker 2: The Did you contract feline aids and then cure yourself of it? No, you're going to tell a story about that.
Speaker 3: I've been trying. I'm always looking for another reason to bring up cat specific immune deficiency, But this time it was just it's a mistake that kind of anyone could make. Really, I don't know if you do this, but a lot of people jam Q tips in their ears, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, classic, David, tell a bit about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it feels great, And I don't like using little pieces of plastics, so I've been getting the wooden ones, and they're also more rigid and more pleasant to the ear. And I broke one off right at the base of where the cotton starts, and it fell into my ear, and I knew when I looked at the remaining Q tip wood that it broke off very sharp, and I could not reach it, and I was leaning against my ear drum. So because I was on my way to go get this haircut, I figured he's a haircutter. My haircutter will have a steady hand. And then on the way down there, I remembered he is actually shakes a lot. Nothing against my haircutter, but he's a shaker, and so am I. I tried to grab them with tweezers, and I just didn't trust myself, so I put the tweezers in my pocket, and then luckily ran into this friend in the neighborhood. It's also in the miniatures like me. He makes tiny furniture and stuff like perfect and he said hi, and I said, before I even talked to you, can you please pull this out of my ear? And he did it with surgical pursuit. It took like fifteen minutes though. It's very scary.
Speaker 2: And then well, because there's a lot of risk there, like you've basically pulled someone in to be like, can you help me?
Speaker 1: And maybe I'll sue you.
Speaker 3: At the end of right, I think he knew I wouldn't sue. He knows me to not be litigious. That's all he knows about me is that I've never been to court.
Speaker 2: Right, And that's the only reason he's friends with you in the neighborhood.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And he did a great I mean, but it scared me because he's like, I don't see it. I have to get you to lean over so the sunlight goes into your ear whatever. It was horrifying. But he immediately pulled it out and it looked like a tiny knife. It was horrifying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sounds truly awful.
Speaker 2: So if there's ever been an argument for medicare for all and for socialized medicine in this country, it's the idea that if people are left there on the devices, they have to take to the streets to get shaking out of their literally.
Speaker 3: Took to the streets to find as close to a doctor as I could in my neighborhood. I mean, you're so lucky, well barber's I mean I was in the right. Back in the old timey days, barbers were doctors. You get your haircut and I'll give you an elixir for gout or parenthesy legs or whatever your ailment is.
Speaker 2: Right, Although were they actually doctors or were they just the guy that was willing to like leach you and write, you know, get rid of the whatever bodily humor?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, give give a bottle of seven up to your baby because it helps with teething.
Speaker 2: Can I say, uh, we're spanning a lot of time in that type of doctor. But I actually that makes me think because and this is a very strange thing to say, but it is true. My sister just said it on the phone the other day. As a family, we have a lot of ear wax and ear canal issues. So my grandfather had it, my sister has it. It's like ear infections, Da da da, Right, So I was, and I just my obsession is that when I was in kindergarten at the boy that sat next to me in class had the dirtiest ears, and I was mildly obsessed with how disgusting it was.
Speaker 1: So I never want to be like that.
Speaker 3: I was traumatized in a similar way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I recently saw it came and I wonder if it's because my sister and I talk about it relatively often. An ad came up on my phone for a little thing and you might want to look into this. And it is metal and it is a Q tip shaped spiral coil.
Speaker 1: I and have you seen it?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: And so it goes in and removes without like it stays all in one p.
Speaker 3: Want that pop. I'm gonna pull it out.
Speaker 2: It goes and then it has like a clump of goo on it where you're like, it's gone.
Speaker 1: I'm clean.
Speaker 3: I mean that'd be great. This might be disgusting for a lot of people, but half of them are into this pimple popping doctor. I don't have any room for that.
Speaker 1: They have no right to judge us, not how disgusting they are.
Speaker 3: I'm a bit of a wax guy, sorry, a bit of an earwax hound.
Speaker 2: Well, it is satisfying, you know. I don't argue with the doctor pimple popper people because it's satisfying to watch a problem get solved. Yeah, ours is just a different thing where it's like I just want to know what's in there, and I want it out right.
Speaker 3: And I want to put it on a slide and look at it with my electron microscope, and.
Speaker 2: Then I want to take that slide and I want to walk it down the street and hope I run into someone I know to say, hey, did you know this was in my ear?
Speaker 3: On the streets, find as close as I can someone who's a scientist or a comic, Yeah, a comical do our.
Speaker 1: Guest today has played clubs and call.
Speaker 3: College, director, producer, writer, actor, showrunner.
Speaker 2: Gee podcaster, podcaster, one of the first, one of the best, a podcast that used to get me through my every day slash week Who charted I'm talking about It's the one only kulop fal Eyesock.
Speaker 4: Hello, I need to talk about this wax guys, let me in, Let me in on this wax. She's in already, and I mean, I need, I need to talk about this because what I so, I also am of wet wax in the ears because I'm Southeast Asian.
Speaker 1: Now, what I learned recently is a.
Speaker 4: Lot of East Asians, like my co host for at Takarts touchin Pac of MTV days they have dry wax ears right, so they're not They never were messing with Q tips. They always had sort of like uh rigid or like almost like metal scoops to get out their dry wax.
Speaker 1: Different experience.
Speaker 3: Wow, they put a metal scoop.
Speaker 4: In the rear, tiny little metal scoops like a mom My friends have described it where their mom would lay them down and that was sort of almost like.
Speaker 1: A kind memory of their mom tending to them, grooming them.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yes, but then a little little like scoop where mine is just like you know, wet and yellow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, kind of like, yeah, that's interesting. I guess I'm a dry wax guy. There's always those Uh it's euphoric, that moment where you feel loose wax fall like a stalag tighte in your ear cave and it kind of tickles and then it falls out in a perfect little sphere.
Speaker 4: That has only happened to me once because I've never allowed it. I've never let it happen naturally. And I was shocked and like, of course immediately googled Am I dying?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: And then those like they were like, that's what should be shouldn't be messing with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they really They recommend against q tips, which every time I use q tips, I'm always like these doctor, you know, as the action I'm doing to these guys is at the actual Q tip action yea, right, yeah, so unappreciated on podcasts when you do a really good space work. But as I do it, I'm always just kind of like they're wrong about this. Like I understand they don't want you to jam it in there and puncture your own ear drawer.
Speaker 3: Babymare picture is of a baby. If they want to warrn adults, it would be a drawing of an adult.
Speaker 2: Right, true, But it's like I'm just like I understand that, like using q tips is probably compacting or impacting whichever the correct term is, the wax further down into you.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that's what I'm doing, right, Okay, Yeah, that's what I'm doing. But that's what they don't want you to do. But here's the thing.
Speaker 2: If we all go in on these spiral things, it sounds like what your friend is describing, but it's almost like a safer version because it can't poke, it's around it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do want it and it's it kind of twists it out like a like like a threaded screw or something. Right, yes, so are.
Speaker 4: We thinking of this as like an Amazon or like a special earplace or what do we think where can we add the car.
Speaker 1: It's like.
Speaker 5: My theory is that because podcast already Okay, very smart.
Speaker 1: It's it's a podcast, but be honest, it's a way of life.
Speaker 2: Yes, well that's the best kind, right when it's all really sincere and real.
Speaker 1: Very easy. Don't have to push it comes right, It comes to you naturally.
Speaker 2: I think it's one of the websites where uh, it's all those inventions for like life hacks, where they're like, uh huh, never chop your carrots again, and then it's this weird machine that attacks your carrots for you or whatever.
Speaker 3: As seen on TV dot com.
Speaker 2: Is the because the vibe I got from the ad ide right, but I can't.
Speaker 1: Say for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but now now that we're all talking about it, it will pop up on Instagram.
Speaker 3: Right exactly, it will.
Speaker 1: We're going to find out pretty fast.
Speaker 3: Even if I have it turned off, it's listening. Oh the world.
Speaker 2: Whoever sees that ad first no joke has to buy three and then take care of it.
Speaker 1: I think let us all agree.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm just glad that you're accepting that I that I even dig around there. In general, I thought I was being real sinful because, to be perfectly honest, it's for the feel of it.
Speaker 1: It's very satisfying. Yeah it is.
Speaker 3: I put Q tips in all my orifices.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, all right, okay, yeah you want to.
Speaker 1: Do that to cart I don't know. That might be a remove for me.
Speaker 3: I put them in my mouth like a walrus and enact that scene from Ferris Bueller.
Speaker 1: Oh oh okay, I like that. I kind of like that.
Speaker 3: I put a bunch in my ears. Uh, and then I jam him in my tear ducks. I'm sorry, awful, that's an awful thing to have.
Speaker 2: Uh. Although may I just I think second only to like post shower slightly itchy ear que tip work is And I find this off. And at the end of the day, when I'm sitting on the couch watching TV, just go in for a nice, like forty five second I rub sometimes, especially if I don't have makeup on. It's not doing a bunch of crazy stuff, a nice just like slightly itchy eye and then just rubbing it for a while, which is in you're probably probably shouldn't reet And.
Speaker 1: They tell us not to do it. They tell us not to do it, but we do it, don't we.
Speaker 3: It feels so good.
Speaker 1: It feels great, especially if.
Speaker 3: There's a little bit of sand in there. Yeah, little bit after a day at the beach. Yeah, I have I have a big problem with rubbing my eyes.
Speaker 2: You know, we're all looking for those moments of satisfaction I think throughout the day and relief.
Speaker 4: And this isn't I know that this isn't logical, but sometimes what I feel like back to the ears of like, oh man, i feel like I'm not listening, let me get.
Speaker 1: A c tip there. Well, you know what. And I feel like, if there is wax, I've solved a problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, And.
Speaker 4: I'm like, now I'm hearing people better, right. And it's not my personality. It is because it's not a deficiency of my personality.
Speaker 1: It is because I wax in my ear. It's a medical block.
Speaker 3: Is the wax in my ear causes me to only wait for someone to stop talking so I can say what I want to say. It's the wax.
Speaker 2: It's the damn interrupting wax is what we call it in the business.
Speaker 3: And we will close out on this wax conversation shortly. I mean, we never claim to be a Q tip podcast and we never will be. That's a promise from here on. But what the hell else are they for? If not jam An your eight years, you're supposed to apply vasiline to your eyeber like a what a cute tips? Do make up removal?
Speaker 1: I makeup?
Speaker 4: Maybe I put my messk era on too aggressively white pain, That's that's it.
Speaker 1: I always have extra.
Speaker 2: Eyelash lines on my eyelid, Okay, no matter how careful I'm trying to be. So there's a definitely makeup when you want your makeup to not be when you want to be detail oriented. I also love to make my eyebrows too big. I don't love it, but I seem to always go like one of my eyebrows will be just way thicker than the other, and then I have to go back in with a cue tip and make it accurate to the it's mate, take it.
Speaker 4: A little bit off, you know, yeah, right, too much saturation, Gotta take it off.
Speaker 1: There's a little removal.
Speaker 2: I don't need those crazy like Elvira eyebrows every time.
Speaker 3: But everyone knows we put them in our ear. Actually, there was a podcast I did that was a trivia thing and one of the questions is this item found in your bathroom also known as the baby pleaser or the baby something about baby? Yeah, I think let's just say baby pleaser, and I guess Q tip and I was right. It's an old time yeah, yeah, just yeah, terrible. Yeah. You want to please your baby, sure you can feed it, do that first, but if it's still cranky, you please that baby with a Q tip in the ear.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 3: We put the baby pleases. They're next to the tweezers, you know, to fish them out when they break off. That's my old timey bad parent, all right.
Speaker 4: And also still hung up that uh you are living a neighborhood with a fellow tiny furniture builder.
Speaker 1: Happened to run into that?
Speaker 3: You know what? A lot a lot of people are into it. You just got to ask around. Everyone's at home home building tiny furniture with a monocle. It's all the rage right now.
Speaker 4: And I know I've seen I've seen people do I've seen miniatures.
Speaker 1: I haven't known people who build the miniatures, right, Yeah, so that's a new wrinkle for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like it's definitely I mean, I know for Chris's experience, it's like a Quarantine type of development, but like cool, up, did you have anything like that in Quarantine?
Speaker 1: Where for really?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, Legos, I have a Fast and the Furious.
Speaker 1: Challenger that I built. I have a James Bond a car that I built that's great.
Speaker 4: A kind of city scene that it was a con I guess like a Brownstone and an adjacent library.
Speaker 3: Oh right up there, Alli, I think that miniature work is swaying the Lego company.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: That's all I want to do is a facade of Brownstone houses in miniature.
Speaker 1: That's very cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be really cool.
Speaker 1: Elevated dollhouse.
Speaker 3: I haven't.
Speaker 1: I haven't done that.
Speaker 4: Maybe I should though, but I mean because there they have become they're displayed right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's great on your bookshelf, right yeah, what.
Speaker 1: Is you know?
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, ones on the mantle on the bookshelf? What is in front of the tv right now? Jillian Challengers right in.
Speaker 1: Front of the TV.
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask, is that the kind of thing you can do while you're watching TV or do you have to like concentrate on what you're building and matching and looking at the plans.
Speaker 1: I don't think I could do it. Maybe while listening to a podcast, but not while watching.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the plans are. I did some lego workover Christmas. Oh, I guess it's been a few years now, but what is time other than a bendable concept. Yeah, the plans are. You have to pay attention.
Speaker 4: It's hard because I and I'm I'm like to make it like I'm dividing the types of like in each bag, I'm dividing the same types to that, and I want to make sure that I like become very meticulous about it. Yeah, and then if like, oh I messed up, got to start over and so and that's like Scott is not a part of this at all.
Speaker 1: My husband is this is just the thing that I.
Speaker 3: Gone, it's for solo, Yeah, for idle time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not really. I don't think it's a group like a puzzle can be a group thing.
Speaker 3: Sure, this is very solo.
Speaker 4: And and we've been coming out of the pandemic or I've become more active. I've got two sets that were gifted to me that I haven't even gotten into.
Speaker 3: What movie franchise do those bring back to life?
Speaker 1: No movie franchise. Actually it is really cool.
Speaker 4: It's like an old timey typewriter, like old timey looking typewriter.
Speaker 1: That one so god.
Speaker 4: I got it for Christmas, and then my sister for my birthday got me.
Speaker 1: Have you seen the ones that look like floral arrangements? Oh yeah, that's little legos. Pretty cool, Yes, it is, it's pretty cool. But I tried to get the home alone and it was sold out.
Speaker 4: So I just don't want I don't want to. I know I sounded so highbrow before. I really wanted to humble myself before.
Speaker 2: You guys, well you just want all the you want a all the good ones, and b don't forget the Christmas is right around the corner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a holiday lego gift, right, that's true.
Speaker 1: That's true. And I love Christmas, I really do. I start early.
Speaker 3: Well, I want to look into the plant legos because all my plants are just dead. I have empty vases. There's place's lousy with empty vases.
Speaker 4: That was also a pandemic activity. I was one of those people that started to acquire plants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, me too, me too. They're all dead. They're all dead.
Speaker 1: They are good. That's nice.
Speaker 2: What's that called. It's not like an elephant something elephant leaf or something monsterra monsterra.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh like a monster.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: There are cool plants because they start to the reason why the leaves sort of split is to not block light for the other leaves.
Speaker 1: Generous.
Speaker 3: They're not a selfish plant.
Speaker 1: Yea, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: All the plants around this place, I only think of themselves. That's why I let them die.
Speaker 1: They deserved it.
Speaker 2: I have, like I think I have four plants in this house that I haven't killed yet. So it's been I would say, three years, which is definitely an all time record for me. Because even with the most sincere like going out to buy it and pick it and da da da, there's a certain point where I just decide to stop watering the plant and it's very it's like a weird rebellion, and then I just slowly kill it. Like my friend Allison gave me one one year for my birthday, and then I was I was just like, yeah, I killed that plant you gave me, Like I killed up plant with a full awareness that I was like not taking care of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like awful.
Speaker 2: So I tried to mend my ways. Now I have four good plants that I really have a system with.
Speaker 1: You're able to let go, You're able to you know.
Speaker 2: I was really going through something and I just needed to like, hey, we all mess up, Yes, do better in the future.
Speaker 1: Whatever. Wow, dogs, Okay, they're done.
Speaker 3: Sorry I guess no, all right, this is a dog friendly podcast.
Speaker 1: This is actually there's a dog audience right there and new pillows.
Speaker 3: Perfect. It's symmetrical laying. I love it.
Speaker 1: They're flanking you.
Speaker 2: But but yeah and sleeping, which is a miracle.
Speaker 3: You look like you have angel wings. But the made a dog.
Speaker 1: But it's dogs and out of my butt. Yes.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, I was gonna ask club. Do you watch that lego show that will our Net host.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very I really like I heard it's great and.
Speaker 4: It's it's like perfect for him, Like he's doing the right amount of like bits and like doing the like the crowd work with the contestants. Like it's like the right tone and they're building cool shit right cool.
Speaker 3: Will our Net hosts some lego competition show.
Speaker 2: It's like a it's I think it's on Fox. Or it's like a major channel and it's almost like a game show, but they.
Speaker 1: Build Lego Lego Masters, Lego Masters.
Speaker 3: I'll watch that ship out of that. I had a Lego addiction. It's so funny that even in eighth grade I had friends where we would get together and didn't want anyone else to know about it because it was around the time my skateboarding and starting to talk to girls. But I had my friends that were also still into Legos and we would make cars and like play with them. And I was about to be in high school. You know, it's like the gamer kids that still play Minecraft or something. It was just a part of my childhood that it was a long time. I held onto it for a long time and then finally let it go.
Speaker 2: And it was a dangerous time to do that, because in the eighties you had that switch you had to make at a certain age and you could. It was easier for me because I was a younger sister. I had an older sister that was like, stop doing that right that, you know, people will attack you or whatever. But like you had to make switches from being a kid to pretending you didn't care about that stuff anymore.
Speaker 1: Even when you.
Speaker 2: Did like it's I love the people these days are just like, yeah, this is what I like.
Speaker 1: I don't really give a shit. I see kids don't care, people don't like it.
Speaker 3: Yeeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was so petrified and conscious of what other people thought, and no one was even noticing me, right, you know that's that's the reality of it. Always I could have played with legos at school. But come junior year, guess who wasn't invisible anymore? The homecoming prince. That's right, not hear anymore. Well, you know it's funny. I wasn't going to bring it up this podcast. I was royalty. I didn't go to the game. I got in trouble, but I did go to the dance, and that's when I also revealed that I had been dancing for several years alone in my room. It was ready to showcase that at the gymnasium.
Speaker 1: And you did a full Chris Penn footloose.
Speaker 3: It was actually that is I'm like, wait, all of high school could have been fun. I was hating the first couple of years, and to be honest, I think I was nominated kind of as a joke. But then everyone voted for me, so that's no joke.
Speaker 1: No, it's on giving you.
Speaker 4: I give you your flowers back then and right now. I think that's tremendous.
Speaker 3: No one's ever given me flowers. You don't give me flowers anymore, Karen. And then when you just go into the duet because you.
Speaker 2: Kill them, I'm singing the wrong song.
Speaker 1: But cool ups in the corner building.
Speaker 2: Her lego said, did you have any breakout moments in high school like that, like homecoming event?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Not? Okay, I did play not homecoming. I did play powder Puff a couple a junior and senior year. I was a very good linebacker. Noh oh. One of those things when you're like, uh at the senior year and they say like best look best superlatives? Yes, I did get a good superlative? Would you get I got? I haven't hung up on my wall.
Speaker 3: I really do it.
Speaker 4: It's called the Seinfeld Award because I graduated in Nice, so the funniest Yeah, yeah, the funniest gal. And then I have it framed and below I have a frame picture of Jerry Seinfeld holding my superlative award.
Speaker 3: Oh you met him and brought it?
Speaker 1: No, Scott.
Speaker 4: Scott did like a between two Ferns for my birthday, asked him to do it, so.
Speaker 3: I love it. Yeah, I just watched the Seinfeld between two Ferns recently.
Speaker 4: It's yes, it was a really funny fun surpress is so great, but it's so like, yeah ninety eight of course, like instead of saying, you know, funniest person or whatever, does it really.
Speaker 3: Say gal on it. No, No, that would just be a sign at the time.
Speaker 1: That would be horrible, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The guy, the guy who my guy counterpart, I remember we took our funny photo was me holding him Firement's no like a baby, I think.
Speaker 1: And he would go on to be an Abercombie model. Oh oh guy that then became a hotbog guy. Yeah, which is kind of.
Speaker 4: Interesting because he he was kind of like a Chris, a skateboarding kind of like cool like guy and then not what you would think would would become a model.
Speaker 1: And I actually think his name was Chris. Yeah about it.
Speaker 3: We had a good run. We had no no I was I was told and we mentioned this on the podcast. I was told at Amber Crummey and Fitch that I was indeed not good at looking enough to work there. I was turned away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so dark company. Yeah, and a dark store, very dark, literally dark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, philosophically dark.
Speaker 1: Not a good place to be.
Speaker 3: Were you voted funniest Karen? Yes, Yeah, me too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was that's of the day wall. Should we do our secret virtual zoom? I'm doing high ten, which is very seventy.
Speaker 3: Some weird Illuminati triangle, but.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's what it should be you guys, guys, Yes, funny as gals as funny as gals have to stick together. I was actually, I'll be honest, because this is very superficial. I went to a tiny high school, so like I was a cheerleader and stuff. It was like you kind of it wasn't like when other people talk about that where I'm like, yeah, they needed people to do it, like.
Speaker 1: There was you know, things like that.
Speaker 2: But I knew I was going to get funniest because I was just the most obnoxious, like that's all I did all the time, and it was I really pulled my heart and soul into it, so it didn't seem but secretly I wanted best eyes. And the girl who was the basically the editor of the yearbook gave it to herself. Well, actually I shouldn't say it that way. She may it may have been a voting thing, but it was one of those things where you're just kind of like, oh, that's interesting, Like I don't know, I was. It was the kind of thing where I was just like there nothing was enough. In high school, it always felt like where it's like you never feel seen, you never feel like pretty enough or popular enough or whatever. So I was like, Okay, here's what I need. And I would do that to myself all the time where it's like who gives this shit about any of these things, like it's just.
Speaker 4: In the year book, you know, But our hormones were just like everything was just so the highs were high, the lows were low, and they're still like that, but it was a different it was.
Speaker 1: It was a smaller world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. I don't think my high school had best eyes. Did they have other best legs and arms and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: They had it like they did have a lot of those things that were they biggest airhead, which I always was like, oh, that's like.
Speaker 1: Slam book territory. Yes, exactly. It was like different things.
Speaker 2: But I think in retrospect, it's like here's this eighties way of like here's how you categorize.
Speaker 3: People, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, smartest or biggest.
Speaker 3: Or like a John Hughes movie.
Speaker 2: Yes, and you're not. You shouldn't take anything personally. I don't know, but yeah, to me, I thought, oh, well, this might be the one way I break through to be like to enter into like the pretty area.
Speaker 1: And then it was just like, damn it.
Speaker 3: Did she at least have good eyes this winter?
Speaker 1: Yeah? She had gorgeously.
Speaker 3: They were nothing that sneeze at.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, you.
Speaker 2: Know, blue eyes aren't that uncommon. It's not that big of a deal.
Speaker 3: And I'm saying you should have sneezed right in her eyes and then hand or a Q tip take care of it if your eyes are so goddamn beautiful.
Speaker 1: How big was your graduating class? Sixty three people?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: You said small? You said small?
Speaker 2: I did because the town was small, and then it was the Catholic school in the town, so it was like even smaller. So the whole school had like three hundred and fifty people in it.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it was an intent, Chris. How big was your graduating class?
Speaker 3: That's I was starting to get nervous because I don't know, that's how little attention, I paid.
Speaker 1: Okay, you love it, buddy, you're above it.
Speaker 3: Two hundred maybe yeah, I was four fifty.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, where was that? Uh Egan which is a suburb of Saint Paula in Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Oh right, okay, that's good. Yeah for fifty and you still got funniest that's it.
Speaker 1: I don't know when I pulled that off.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure it's Jerry Seinfeld level success sixty three.
Speaker 4: Like you were before I interrupted, You were about to say like that intense, like and did you know everybody from like kindergarten, like did you?
Speaker 2: I knew everybody from junior high because I went I went to public school until fifth grade and switched in junior high to sixth grade to the Catholic school. So everybody else in my class that was from our grammar school knew each other first to eighth grade.
Speaker 1: I knew them six to eighth grade.
Speaker 2: And then when we went to high school, the kids from Nevado, which is the next town down like ten miles away, they came up to our school to go to Catholic school, and they all knew each other from first eighth grade. So that was when it got like exciting because there was. It was like new people to know or whatever, but it was the you know, it was a mid eighties high school experience, so there was a ton of like bullying was not only allowed, it was almost like encouraged. It was everyone had a nickname. Everyone, Like the best you could do was try to just keep it real invisible because you didn't want to be you didn't really want to stand out in any particular way unless it was by being like the prettiest cheerleader or the most successful athletes.
Speaker 3: They're so funny. That was a mid eighties thing. My sister graduated in eighty seven. I remember she had the coolest yearbook cover that was like a drawing of all these like just the whole book was covered with different high school interactions and half of them were kids getting wedgies or their heads dunked in toilets or getting shoved in a locker. And then the red there's like the hot muscly dude talking to a cheerleader. And I saw the cover of that book and I was horrified. Just those cartoon drawings on my sister's yearbook made me so scared to go to Sentinel High School because I thought I was gonna give weggies and pushing a penny. You're supposed to push a penny around a toilet seat with your nose? Eh what Yeah, it's unsanitary and mean that's insane. Again, very unsanitary. You're so you're bullying a kid, and you have to explain the very intricate rules of how to no, just with your note. You don't have to roll it here, I'll show you. And then they do it. Oh, I did it to myself. I think you just you make the penny go round like you would on a Ouiji board, but you use your nerd nose to do it.
Speaker 4: I have not heard of this specific Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, i'd I haven't heard of that one either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I have heard of swirlies, which definitely happened. There was a lot of toilet based hazing. And also I watched almost every boy in our freshman class get put into a garbage can like that. How was every all day every day? And also there was head butting. Head a senior would walk up and head butt a boy. And so we also saw a lot of the boys in our class cry but kind of like against their will because it hurts.
Speaker 1: So bad to get ahead butt. Yeah, it was so say that's crazy, fucked up up.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Head butts are serious, built like into the other person's head, not the no, I mean that's how you break it. No, you know, I'm not a big fighter, but anytime I saw kids about to fight and someone did a head butt, it's such a sucker move. It's just it's not a valiant move. I'm sorry. I am anti head butt, even even in went scenarios, because.
Speaker 1: Both people can get hurt. It doesn't it actually doesn't make sense.
Speaker 3: No one wins, it wins.
Speaker 4: No one wins. One fight in middle school. One fight in middle school, what.
Speaker 3: Did you do?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 4: Because it was basically done when she took my glasses off because I'm blind, she like threw my glasses down.
Speaker 3: I was like, well, well that was because she's not willing to punch someone with glasses. That's good that she was following that rule.
Speaker 2: But it was the inciting incident to that fight, like give us the lead up.
Speaker 1: I think she thought that I was talking shit on her.
Speaker 4: Maybe I said mentioned to somebody that I heard when she got a fight with another classmate. She peede herself that might have come out of my mouth, and that feels familiar in the retelling that I'm saying now.
Speaker 1: But I think the larger issue was that a guy that he liked had a crush on me, mm hmm. And then then we kind of kind of got in a fight. It was not even like a big deal.
Speaker 4: It was like by the buses outside of like, you know, after last period as we're going home.
Speaker 1: They got pulled apart very quickly. And then then we became friends.
Speaker 4: Friends, and then the one my dad came and picked me up, he was very disappointed. Uh, and he said, if you're going to fight, you have to win, and that was his fatherly he's right about that, right about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my dad was always like, just make sure you're the first one punching. And I'm like, it's never going to be that way because I only know I'm in a fight after I've been punched. That's the that's the only announcement that you're in a fight. Otherwise someone's just pretending they're tough, but then when they get punched, you're like, wow, I guess you were more serious than I am about this, And all fights really just last one punch really when you're a kid.
Speaker 4: But that's a great point, because like you would like there would be kids who are just kind of like come at you, you know, and like kind of like get in your face, but not they weren't, like you said, they weren't serious. Yeah, so then you're right until context is made.
Speaker 3: I hope that when you got in a fight with that girl, you put your dukes up and said, hey, are you ready to piss yourself again? That would have been great.
Speaker 1: I wish that too, if only if only we had time time.
Speaker 3: I love going back in time and.
Speaker 2: Get ready, Kelly, it's pissing time and you have your thumbs tucked underneath your.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Can I make a counterpoint about headbuts just really quick, okay listening, because well, first of all, I think they're called the Glasgow kiss If I'm not mistaken, of course they are.
Speaker 4: And you're about to make a point after calling it the Glasgow kids.
Speaker 1: The Glasgow kiss is is.
Speaker 2: I saw Mark Flanagin, owner of Largo, do it one night to a guy that was insisting he was on the list and the doorman is like, dude, you're not and you're not getting in.
Speaker 1: And it was some show that was like a big deal, but this guy was like.
Speaker 2: Out of hand, and the doorman, I think it was PJ, was kind of just like, yeah, dude, you're not going to get in. He's like, oh, I'm so, and so I'm sure it's like some agent or some like publicist or something. But he was like super like screaming and out of control. And Flannigan walked up and like was like, hey, man, step outside, and then they both walked outside and then he just head butted him and dropped him and went back inside.
Speaker 3: Oh my lord.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it.
Speaker 4: Was like all right, So counterpoint, if you know how to do it, it doesn't hurt you, is.
Speaker 2: It doesn't hurt you, and it very quickly takes care of bullshit assholes, like those kind of people that are going to make up a scene, right and kind of like think they're going to like asshole their way into something. It's just a kind of great thing to see when someone's just like standing there pretending to live and then they just slammed their forehead into the asshole's face. It's I'm sorry, I think it's kind of great.
Speaker 1: And I'm not.
Speaker 4: I love I love Flanny, and I do agree it's great. But the three of us, right, we're cerebral people. Where aren't aren't you kind of constantly always worried about your head though, Like I like, I just don't know if I could chance it, you know, to head butt a person, like we shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we shouldn't leave it to the people that have to. Yeah, yeah that's my I guess. Well, because Karen I was thinking about it. It's like, do I start head budding people that? That's that's why. And then I thought I have to that, like person, do I need to do that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well we just now that I have seen Flanny do it because I painted the picture perfectly. Yeah, okay, I just don't like head butts to the note I painted the picture.
Speaker 1: Oh right, yeah sorry, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I visualized your painting because you didn't show it. So also I get partial art credit. We worked on this together class painting.
Speaker 1: This is word painting that we just did.
Speaker 3: Let's both sign it and put it in the high school hallway. My buddy Ross and I painted a picture that was in the hallway and we both signed it and it's still there to this day. What was it of a river with splash as of water hitting the rocks.
Speaker 1: Because it was Montana.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of sponge trees.
Speaker 1: Ah nice, yes, great?
Speaker 4: Wait, what were you going to say that you're interested in headbutting people?
Speaker 3: No, I just I guess my biggest fear is suddenly getting my nose broken. So my disdain for headbutts is when they hit me in my already HOGI like nose. So I just if anyone's going to headbut me, and you're listening right now, please do it Flanny style, just to the middle of my head. Put me out of make me take a nap.
Speaker 4: For for us, I I for us, and what we do, I say, let's avoid our heads. May I recommend to the both of you elbows I've been kicked.
Speaker 1: I've been kept boxing for many years now.
Speaker 4: The elbows is a great strong with forum like that across across the temple, you know where you'd want to where you would want a head butt, you take an elbow across.
Speaker 1: To take an elbow over does the job?
Speaker 3: Such a poser. I forgot you've been doing that? What what is the actual?
Speaker 2: Uh? Yeah, tell us I want to hear about that.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 1: Oh and not like I'm I'm not doing like you know any like? Uh, I'm not.
Speaker 4: People videos? Yeah, yeah, can you imagine?
Speaker 1: And it really wouldn't be pleased not my face.
Speaker 2: No no no no no no no no no.
Speaker 1: I can I change my mind? Let me add I'm on the money back.
Speaker 3: Do you have a belt?
Speaker 1: I don't know if MUTI or box. They probably do.
Speaker 4: But it's been more of just like a workout that I've just been doing for years because I'm not great at uh well, I need the fitness one too.
Speaker 1: It has become sort of a physical meditation for me.
Speaker 4: It's just very satisfying to just make those types of like connection with foot and fist and.
Speaker 2: Are you doing it on a bag or are you're doing it with other people or like how do you can you just give us an overview?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so pre pandemic.
Speaker 4: My friend and trainer Kendrick Smith is like she she's fought before. She would hold mits for me, which is such a fun experience.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: And then I do have bags at my house, so like I can do that at home too as well.
Speaker 3: Like the speed bag the boogadi booge dey boogi deep.
Speaker 1: I don't have a speed bag. I have like a hanging heavy bag.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those hurt.
Speaker 4: And then and then a standing heavy bag, so it's a lot of kicking.
Speaker 1: I kick and punch.
Speaker 3: I have seen video of you doing that. I know that you really do it, and I was impressed with what I saw you yea.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I like it.
Speaker 4: It h It also helps how I walk in the world. It helps me feel like especially like you know, being a woman as of late, being really conscious that I'm.
Speaker 3: An Asian woman.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: God that I you know, feel like I can handle something. You know, I'll be prepared.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's not too late to say it's pissing time. Yeah, maybe it's in your future.
Speaker 1: There's still going to be opportunities, even if.
Speaker 3: That person is like what.
Speaker 1: Is its own strategy?
Speaker 4: It's just like bewilder somebody saying it's pissing time and they're like what and then they like they're confused trying to think of what you might mean.
Speaker 1: And that's when you punched it right in the face fucking bladder and they pissed themselves.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I never could think of the right thing, but I have when someone wanted to fight me, I got naked and that made them not want to fight me. You did that, yeah, under the bridge downtown. I was also very drunk, and it was a phase in my Me and my friends used to get naked all the time. This is before it was very problematic, not realizing who was around a passing school bus or something. But we used to get there was a restaurant over a river, so people at night, like you could eat there till four in the morning, and the river just ran and most people didn't look out the dark window at the river at night, but we would always get in at naked and just wade in the river and then someone would eventually look over. And once you were spotted, you got out and you got in the car and you got the hell out of there.
Speaker 1: You went home and you made a painting of that experience and you hung it at school.
Speaker 3: So we all remember this moment.
Speaker 1: Ah, you guys were the trees. Now I understand.
Speaker 3: Everyone that gets naked gets to sign the painting.
Speaker 1: That's funny. I used.
Speaker 2: I was a huge drinker, a huge fan of drinking, and truly enjoyed my drinking when I was in my cups in the time. And there was one time where my sister and Adrian, who's like my other sister, and I went we were home for probably Christmas, and there's a bar in my town, and it was like we were in our mid twenties, I think, so it was still that thing where everyone went away to college and then when everyone would come back for the holidays, you'd go to whatever is Nickneer's, which is still there, and then you'd see people from your school and other schools and it would be like this weird, like unofficial reunion where everyone would be kind of like drinking and oh my god, we're all here together. So it was one of at the end of one of those nights where you know, we all left it too, and I was, of course shit faced, and my sister and Adaen were like just a little buzzed slash drunk, and we were walking back up to their car and we got up to the parking area where I knew the car was, but the car was on like the far furthest away from the entrance and it's just an open blacktop, you know, parking lot. And then as I saw the car and I could see how much distance I had from the car, I started running toward the car and took my shirt off as I ran, and my sister because it was one of those blousey nineties like it just came right off over my head and it felt amazing.
Speaker 1: And my sister's like, stop it, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Just remember hearing Adrian go it's fine, let her do it.
Speaker 1: She's fine.
Speaker 2: It just like it was just one hundred feet to the car. There wasn't anybody around, but it was the funniest. Like there's something in there's like in that level of drunk where you're just like freedom. I think I need I need, Yes, I need to feel free and I need to do exactly what I want right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, whenever I'm drunk, I want to I want to get the way God made me. That's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get down to it and get in that river.
Speaker 4: The latest development is I have been I know I'm not the only one and you I've become a mushroom person. Yeah, this is what I'm up to, guys, this is what and I'm up to it for multiple like vibes like I'm up to it via chocolate when I like want to be up and I want to you know, like and alcohol doesn't affect me the same and I'm having the best time.
Speaker 1: But every three days I'm also taking silo.
Speaker 3: Would you know about this? No?
Speaker 4: No, so it's like a low dose of psilocybin gummies and I take two pieces every three days. And it's been a game changer for me because it has helped with my focus.
Speaker 1: And my mood, which I had to get back in, you know, in this pandemic, like I.
Speaker 6: There's you know, like a lot of us, there was just consistently dark days and down days, a lot of just stuff staring at the space between the window and myself.
Speaker 1: Like that breaching out like the middle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like just hazy, unfocused looking around.
Speaker 1: And it's just like really helped me. And does it get you high at all?
Speaker 4: Not the not the microdosing that I'm doing right, Okay, that's a different thing.
Speaker 1: It's really like mood and focus.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And to be honest, mushrooms have never I've never understood, Uh, they don't get me that high. But I did them all this past weekend up at max fun Con Okay, just acquired for and that's the first time I've ever bought them for myself, paid money and had a bag and thought I had to hide it. But I was just in a good mood all weekend and for days after. Yes, there was like a happy hangover and at night, I made everyone lay on There's like thirty people leaving this party and I made everyone lay on the on the driveway and look at the stars because it was insane up there. There was like a milky way haze around all you could see all the stars and I got to be on it. There's one hundred dippers of different sizes. We found so many dippers.
Speaker 1: So many dippers, but there was a.
Speaker 3: Motion detecting light. So I'm like, everyone put make hand binoculars because it would block off the light. And then when the light went off, everyone cheered because it was beautiful and it was something I organized. I felt like the purple robe guy from Heaven's Gate. It felt very culty. I'm like, but everyone the next day, I'm not kidding. People were thanking me. You know, I'm not like a spiritual etherpal. You know, I don't I've never even noticed stars. But I had organized this star viewing party and it was it was really fun.
Speaker 4: If we we rewrite what he's like told us of, like, like we rewrite like how he was naked to avoid a conflict, and we rewrite it, we could make him sort of this messiah like figure. How he painted cooperatively with his friend in the river, like there's a way that we can kind of.
Speaker 1: I'm seeing a messianic message.
Speaker 3: Only with the spousal agreement, will I sleep with all of your wives? Right?
Speaker 1: That's part of every one of those.
Speaker 2: But you know what's funny, Chris, is, first of all, earlier said you're not a big fighter, which is a ludicrous thing for you to say. It's insane, But because yes, oh so you were specifying high school you weren't a big fighter.
Speaker 1: Because I immediately thought to.
Speaker 2: That that you're of at Bridgetown where I looked over in the doorway and I think you were challenging a female security guard to fights.
Speaker 3: She was just like, first of all, she was she was a real cop that was off duty doing And I wrote her a letter apologizing, and by letter, I mean I got her phone number and texted her sorry. I was just making fun of her for vaping, Okay.
Speaker 2: Chris, My point is what I'm loving is the discovery that, like, you know, maybe how maybe hard liquor isn't the way to go, but you're finding another way to have fun that's actually fun for you.
Speaker 3: Yes, And it m like the dance party up that I did stand up at that where I did the eketamine in small doses. I think that is a lot like mushrooms too. No one was drinking up there, and so there was no aggression. There was alcohol like makes people act like assholes. And that's the reason probably for every single probably every fight I've seen as a child and into adulthood. If you see a sober fight like during the day because of road rage, it's horrifying. But yeah, if everyone just did some mushrooms and what's that bag, so.
Speaker 4: This will be a different the I love that experience you're describing mushrooms.
Speaker 1: I have those experiences. This is more like you know, I'm just going to read it to you. By the way, I don't represent this company, right.
Speaker 2: This is the greatest integrated spot that you really are good at your job, whom I become a shell an influencer.
Speaker 3: Read the ingredient.
Speaker 1: It's smooth, it's sweet.
Speaker 4: So unlock your mind's potential with silo. Subperceptual doses, also known as microdosing, targets brain pathways to increase cognitive function, enhance focus, and heightened levels of creativity.
Speaker 3: So it fights Alzheimer's interesting. It's the pathways. That's you're supposed to align those uh, those pathways.
Speaker 4: It is widely considered to be a productivity hacked that sharpens the senses to boost work efficiency and stay ahead of the curve, optimize your everyday life with improved introspection and mood while tapping into the flow stage.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: This, I've been doing this for four months. I don't see it downside, I don't see you downside.
Speaker 1: Has helped.
Speaker 3: I'm always behind the curve.
Speaker 1: And it is not like about like, oh, hustle culture.
Speaker 4: That's not another way to like, you know, it's not that Now I will say, uh, since I brought up ad to Kart, if I decide to put that.
Speaker 1: Focus on online shopping, that's where it is.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, will you describe your podcast just because you're just psych talking about it?
Speaker 1: Yes, please do. It's see I co host.
Speaker 4: It with suchent Puck and we use we say things like what have you add to added to Kart this week? And that can be a face serum or it can be an idea, what what have you removed from KRT? And it's really just discussion starters because it gets very intimate with what you've what you've added to cart, and sometimes we have guessed.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's just her and I, Oh that sounds awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really fun because then it's kind of like, oh, I heard about this good new lip bomb, or it's conceptual conversation about like how it feels to be because I feel like a lot of people or should just speak for myself. In Quarantine, I suddenly discovered like I never used Amazon before, and then I was like, oh, that's right, I can have I can have this weird inkling of an idea that this was what would make me happy and have it like the next day or in three days, and that I never I think just I went so long being broke that I was like, do not spend money that way. So then I suddenly was like, oh, I can do that, and I think a lot of people do it, but it is like does it actually work. I love the idea of removing things from KRT because it's like that's how you on any website go through and you're kind of like, you click it if you're feeling it, and then by the time you go and look at that cart, you're kind of like, nah.
Speaker 1: I need it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And even it's like during because we started this podcast during the pandemic. When you talk about like things that you've bought and felt that you've bought that seeming consequential, I like to ask the question, why why did you feel that was going to change your situation?
Speaker 1: Why did you need that? What was the emotional thing?
Speaker 4: Because I think that is either interesting or very funny, because no matter what it's revealing, yes, well.
Speaker 1: My thing is for some reason.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it's just this weird thing where I like to act like and tell myself I don't care about aging.
Speaker 1: Of course I'm the chill gal. That's like totally.
Speaker 2: And you should see how many creams and sauces I have on my bathroom counter, like my sauce. If there is a serum, like when you're just a face serum, I'm like, serum. There's that idea that it's just you need just this one new thing.
Speaker 1: And they really have us.
Speaker 2: They have us by the balls, us goals where it's like, oh, the new thing is the new thing is mushrooms inside your serum, or it's vitamin C or it's you know, squaleen or whatever, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, blue Tansy.
Speaker 2: Every week there's a new product. That is the reason, like you have to get this because this is the one that's gonna scrape everything off your face. And it's very I'm not doing anything for like the shape of my legs. It's like all the focus is like you know what I look at in the mirror that I can see, and everything else is kind of like oh whatever, No, the only thing I have to solve is up here, and it's just like very specific and kind of myopic, I think in a way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then and then things will just come up.
Speaker 4: Like so Suiting revealed that like she often carries poise pads around uh for travel. It's necessary for her. And I was like, why, what are you well on the plane? I'm like, what are you talking about? You go to the bathroom on the plane. She's like, what if like I need to go and they say I can't get up and so I need to be able to do it.
Speaker 1: And I'm like what, Wow, what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: She's like, what if I'm driving to LA you want me to stop? You want me to stop at a at a gas station. I'm like, well, then you're like that astronaut lady who who like going to like kill her ex boyfriend's like wife or something like that, and she's like, well, like and and so it ends up being this like yeah, it just ends up. We just start to kind of and I have my things right, but like, really you get into the nuance of like a person and what they need to fill whatever voids they have.
Speaker 1: Yes, such a good idea.
Speaker 3: And poise pads like I don't know much about them, but can they take a full flow?
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're adult diapers, that's what they are.
Speaker 3: So it's more than a pad. They got they wrap around, they got a waste and leg holes.
Speaker 1: I think they have very different versions.
Speaker 2: Chris, you would not believe the advances in maxi pad technology like that. It's more than just pouring a half a cup of blue liquor on a thing anymore. Now. It's like, but my thing is I understand having the security feeling of I have this with me just in case, But if she's being blocked from going to the bathroom, how's she going to put that poise pad on?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: You's it's yeah, I'm one hundred percent on board, and I'm not going to get into it because I'd be revealing too much, but.
Speaker 3: I uh add to cart please. Yes, you know what I took. I had something pending in my cart for weeks and I took it off today. It was a new shower curtain and I don't need to buy a ten by ten piece of plastic. But they don't meant they're all made out of plastics. So I just ended up cleaning the one. I have problem solved.
Speaker 1: How long have you had it years? Go ahead and get a new one, ya.
Speaker 3: They do have like ep Earth, like the eco friendly ones that are at least made out of recycleds. I do want. I might add it to cart. To be honest, A lot of the prints they didn't have anything that matched my decor.
Speaker 1: And that I wanted to know what the prints were.
Speaker 4: I wanted to know if it was if it was you know, personalise, and it was you picture of your face.
Speaker 3: Exact same print as my mountains Hazy Tree wallpaper in my bedroom. It's the exact same photo but on a shower curtain. And I saw it and I, you know, it's just been sitting in the cart. Maybe I will get it, maybe you talk me into it. But if it ends up in the ocean and in some dolphins, blowhole, go to the ocean with it. You know what I'm gonna quit bringing. What I've been doing is bringing these shower curtains to the beach, using them as a blanket, and then at the end of the day, I just whip it out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's not that's not good.
Speaker 4: If I could, I don't want to be judgy, but it's fun.
Speaker 3: I put it on a surfer's back and I'm like, you're a superhero now, and they go and we have a great time. Whether it's a good way to meet people.
Speaker 2: Wait, I literally because I love this idea so much. I just literally just opened Amazon to see and I have things in my cart that have been there so long.
Speaker 1: The prices have changed.
Speaker 4: Oh right, I'm gonta know how many items you have in your car right now?
Speaker 3: Take a look.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I need to know. I need to know.
Speaker 3: Let's do your podcast on our podcast that is a.
Speaker 1: Sixteen crew mash up items.
Speaker 3: I have got skateboard wheels that I don't need that I haven't purchased yet. Yeah, you don't need one hundred foot extension cord.
Speaker 1: Chris, we're in my cart. We're in it of my sixteen.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: My thing is I get cookbooks all the time. I love it.
Speaker 2: I look at it and I'm like, that's it, and that's going to be the solution of my lid. And I think I'm gonna buy it. And then it's like, I don't cook, and I don't like I don't.
Speaker 1: Want to cook. You don't want to cook?
Speaker 3: What am I doing? But you do cook when you've had parties. You make really good food.
Speaker 2: Oh you mean like a Trader Joe appetizer or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I suppose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the kind I don't think I'll turned on true.
Speaker 1: Thank you. That's full credit, Karen.
Speaker 4: I do get that, though, because I the fantasy of a Nancy Myers type existence where you crack open a book and the lemonade looks perfect on the counter and you you said you have a cast iron uh skillet, you know, buttered garlic chicken and everything music is playing and your crack.
Speaker 2: A bottle, you know, like a yeah, yeah, it's all like the I'll just throw in a roast chicken.
Speaker 1: It's that yeah, yeah, yeah, great chicken recipe. By the way, guess she's.
Speaker 2: I Actually the one time I cooked in quarantine, I made her chicken recipe because everybody told me that's all you that's the only one you need. Now, I can't remember if it was turkey or I know, I think it was a chicken.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: And the video, the way she hosts that video, she's just like, you know, like it's all her storyes Like I told my husband, like, I love that woman so much.
Speaker 1: Whole vibe.
Speaker 3: Who's I didn't catch the name.
Speaker 1: Who's she's the barefoot contessa in a garden.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, yeah, I'm familiar.
Speaker 2: But she used to work in like the White House, in like the really Carter administration or something. I did some really high level political cabin member or something like that. But now she's kind of she is like a way chiller Martha Stewart, Like, yes, Martha Stewart was like a sixties print model, like Ina Garten was like working on the nuclear plan, you know. So so her thing is more like grab your white wine, put on your linen shirt and hang out in the kitchen. It's not the perfectionistic kind of everything must be a certain way, is the vibe.
Speaker 1: I guess, yeah, she's she's not doing exactly. She's not doing like French style.
Speaker 4: It's like whole foods, alice waters side like you know fresh. You know, it's not about like perfectly making pies, you know what I mean, Like that sort of type, a kind of vibe.
Speaker 2: Everything is like for her friends or for like a fun dinner party, Like she just has the idea, right, it seems like to me. So I was like, and she's like, the easiest way to make a chicken is you cut eleven and a half.
Speaker 1: You're string up, like she.
Speaker 2: Made me believe I could do it, and then I did it and it turned out great.
Speaker 1: It was a great. It's great.
Speaker 4: She's got a great mac and cheese recipe if you're into it. Oh really yeah, and I love mac and cheese. Her recipe surprised me is that she puts on top sliced tomatoes, which I'm like, is this gonna work?
Speaker 3: Guys? It works?
Speaker 1: Does it? It does? And then it's slice tomatoes and then bread crumbs.
Speaker 3: On top, yeah, bread crumbsized say, yeah, and then you bake it after it's done, right, Yes, I got. I got these Italian bread crumbs. They are almost too they're almost too flavorful. Oh my mouth is watering. It's true. It's not just in cartoons.
Speaker 1: I know that's how you should.
Speaker 5: Oh sorry, I'm gonna say that.
Speaker 4: I was gonna just quickly say that her style of cooking is the kind of cooking that I like. It's not It's like, I'm okay if it's slow, but it's got to be simple.
Speaker 1: I'm not like there, I can't. I'm not a trained chef.
Speaker 4: It's like, what are the like, you know, what are these whole foods I can put together?
Speaker 3: I am ready to graduate from these meal kits that I'm having delivered with. It's like they're too expensive and I already know the basics. Now I'm not bragging. Well, yeah, you know you're doing caesadilla thing, like come on.
Speaker 2: But like during during quarantine, I got a recipe for brushetta from the Bon Appetite test kitchen I think it was, and I've made it so many times since that time, because it literally is you cut up a tomato, oil, balsamic, some salt, and then if you have basil, you can put that into That's the only thing that isn't going on in brushetta, which I was like, I spend so much money at Italian restaurants ordering this shit for home and it is the easiest thing I could be making myself.
Speaker 3: You know what all I need to know is ten different things I want to eat. Yeah, not feeding other mouths, and I don't. Ten is enough.
Speaker 1: Ten is enough?
Speaker 4: It yeah, ten is enough.
Speaker 1: I thought it was a TGAF show.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was eight is Enough and it was late seventies. It was the one of the only like family dramas and it took place in Sacramento, which made me laugh.
Speaker 1: So we loved that show growing up.
Speaker 2: But the idea that it was like in the hopping in the hopping like you know, capital City of Sacramento.
Speaker 3: Like, And then just the weirdest cut to me interviewing some bulldog that skateboards and Dick Van Patten was at the natural Balance. He's part owner of that dog food company and he was just putting dog food on a shelf. And at the end of it, I thought he had this dog food that it said good for people and animals. And I know I've already talked about this, but we ended that segment with me eating out of this can of dog food and it just tasted like people food. It's like good food for animals, And it was his idea it was difficult. He's like, it'd be funny if you were eating it, you could just open it. And he went back to like an office and got me a spoon, and that's how we ended the segment. And I'm like, god, damn, I love dig Fan Patten and I only spent about eight minutes with him and it was not enough.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, really really good.
Speaker 3: I hope he's still around.
Speaker 1: I feel like all of us funniest gals need.
Speaker 3: To me included, go to.
Speaker 2: The Inagarten website and pick some recipes. So the next time we talked to each other, we'll be able to be like, have you tried the this? Yes?
Speaker 1: And then you did that already.
Speaker 3: The barefoot Contesta. That the barefoot Contesta. Okay, I'll do that because.
Speaker 2: She's all about simplesty, elegance, you know what your friends want.
Speaker 3: And cooking for one well lonely. It's just that's how my kitchen. It's that's how it's set up.
Speaker 1: Just me.
Speaker 3: I could have guests if.
Speaker 1: You could freeze and you know you can meal plan.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah yeah, so yeah, like you could divide it and you know, I think it could still.
Speaker 1: Work for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 1: I think so too. Is there anything else you want to talk about her plug?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Cool up, this has gone by so fast.
Speaker 3: We didn't even talk about the garage comedy Vegas thing, but I think that was after you weren't Were you part of that where we all went to Vegas whatever we were talking about getting naked and that was the one time I got I was riding in a trunk and I got naked in the trunk so when they opened it, I could then run out naked and act like I had been kidnapped. But anyway, that was a.
Speaker 1: Was I around that.
Speaker 3: I don't I feel like you weren't Like I feel like you had just stopped running okay, Roger Comedy and then we did, but we were a side show in Vegas like they didn't. They literally had us doing things on a sidewalk in my pocket, got parents?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah I don't. Yeah, I think I was gone by that.
Speaker 4: I was like yeah, because I was like, wait no, and I was thinking, no, that was the modest proposal, right Arizona show, Oh right.
Speaker 3: Right at the paper Heart Yeah yeah, oh wow. Well then I'm glad I didn't bring it up.
Speaker 4: But you you you found a way to bring up you getting naked.
Speaker 3: I know I've been waiting. I've been waiting. That's why I cleaned my ears today. I could tell that story.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, this has been so fun.
Speaker 4: I just love like catching up with you guys and having conversation.
Speaker 1: I know, it's great.
Speaker 3: I have not seen you in many years, many years, more than five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody listened to add to kart who most recent podcasts are? Who charted episodes? Still anywhere did you guys take that?
Speaker 3: I think? How?
Speaker 4: How still doing it? We were still doing it? But I think it's I think he took it off Stitcher. I'm not sure he's still I don't know the answer is I go, he's.
Speaker 1: Got the feet, I guess.
Speaker 3: And where where can people still watch episodes of bajillion dollar Properties?
Speaker 1: They can still watch you can.
Speaker 4: You can get it on iTunes, but I think, uh, it plays.
Speaker 1: On Roku often.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, nope, nope.
Speaker 4: Nope, shoot not who the okay?
Speaker 1: V you do you that one?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: I'm the worst.
Speaker 3: You know what would be the worst if you knew exactly the show times exactly because you watch your own creation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was It's a free service that Oh man, thank you Brian.
Speaker 3: Uh, he chimed in that wasn't my brain sudden. It's pathways that I'm I'm my alkaloid cry ass. It's all because fucking Kenny Meye man, it's.
Speaker 1: Not gonna do more gummy.
Speaker 3: Yeah you got this. Yeah, don't take too many you Diana toilet like Elvis.
Speaker 2: Y's come back soon.
Speaker 1: Cool? Please, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're the best you've been listening to. Do you need ride? D y Ny? This has been an exactly Right production.
Speaker 1: Produced by Casey O'Brien.
Speaker 3: Mixed by John Bradley.
Speaker 1: Artwork by Chris Fairbanks.
Speaker 3: Theme song by Karen Kilgarrett.
Speaker 2: Follow the show on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook at dinar podcast.
Speaker 1: That's d y n a r Podcast.
Speaker 3: For more information, go to exactly Rightmedia dot com.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Oh You're welcome. Co