Speaker 1: It's coming up on a Get Loud podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh man, so many exciting for you any time. Yeah, and we got the draft code up, so we're talking about little from NFL Network. That's gonna be really fun. Plus the great debate they Get Loud podcast is present. If I seat Geek this summer, Seat Geek, cash your tickets to the best live concerts in the d m V at Northwest Stadium. Seat Geek, the official ticketing partner of Northwest Stadium.
Speaker 1: New Reeds, new Pod. Welcome to Get Loud. That's smooth. I'm Jakes. What's going on, brother? I'm good brother. How about you?
Speaker 3: Besides you know, Phelly mortality this weekend, everything else been good.
Speaker 1: He has that back doing all right?
Speaker 3: Let me paint a picture for you, please do I p I pulls up to the vacuum and I'm like, you know what, let me vacuum my car. Yeah, seventy degrees. You know when it turns seventy degrees time, you like, let me, let me, let me do something. I goes to vacuum in my car. I put the quarters into the machine, grabbed the vacuum, you know, I opened the patches side door stick half of my body into the car, got my legs out of the corm store in the vacuum, and my bat goes out. My bat goes out, and I just fall to the ground. So I'm just really in the parking lot, just sitting on the ground. I could not get up. For the first time, I felt mortality for the first time. My body let me die for the first time. I crossed the threshold. Jack, I crossed the threshold. It's no going back. It's over now, it's no going back. For the first time, my mind was telling my body something that it could not do.
Speaker 1: Did you pressure your life alert button?
Speaker 3: I didn't, Like, that's the next step because if I could do that, just vacuum, Mikyle, I can easily fall in the tub and just be there for like three days.
Speaker 1: Nobody come looking for me.
Speaker 2: Bro, That's happened to me before, and I would just be like walking around the house. It's like, and just tighten up like this. I'm like, I didn't even do anything.
Speaker 1: Like first of all, I usually earned my injuries.
Speaker 3: You see what I'm saying, Like they I warranted, Like I know what play it happened, and I know where I'm baming knee even if I just stump my toe against the bedpost or something, I know where the injury came from. But this one, this one's person, this one got in my head. This person, they got in my head jeans because for real, like the ride back to the house was so uncomfortable because I'm like, I can't sit right in the car. I know when I get hume, like it's gonna take me fifteen minutes to get out the car. And my birthday coming up next month. And then what first thing came to my head? As you turn forty six next month?
Speaker 1: Oh you forty six. I'll be forty five right now. Let me still be forty five? Is a good man? Good?
Speaker 3: Forty six? I will be next week. And I got a taste of it. I got a taste of it, and I don't like the hot taste. That's all I'm gonna say. I don't like how it taste. It's it's been rallying my brain since it happened.
Speaker 1: When's your birthday? April seventeenth? Okay, yeah, gotta remember that day. Yeah. That's to your hot ticket presented by seat Geek.
Speaker 2: This summer, seat Geek Cash your ticket to the best live concerts in the DMV at Northwest Stadium. Cgke, the official Tickety partner of north Wise Stadium. Well, I'll tell you one thing that should make you feel better.
Speaker 1: Please prescription. You got a prescription for me?
Speaker 3: More acquisition sy let Grandmama Cook. When I said those are more the words early in the season last year caught on. I was just trying to tell people be patient and let mister Peters do what he do, and what he do best is finding your.
Speaker 1: Best and bringing them to us. I enjoy that part of what he does.
Speaker 2: Debo coming to town. Yes, I love this trade. Yeah, I love the way it plays out. I love the fit on this team, and I love that Adam Peters. I mean, we know who Debo is, but there's something to be said for a gym who has a familiarity with somebody.
Speaker 1: Already knows who he is.
Speaker 3: I already know his work ethic, and he understands when you go in the war, especially against Philadelphia, you need to have weapons, and Debo is a certified weapon. When he comes in on third down, you don't know if he's gonna be the third down back, the slot, the outside. When he goes in motion, it's an automatic alert for everybody on defense, like usually guys what we call gadget guys, so when they come into the game, we have to learn where they are at all time.
Speaker 1: He will be that guy.
Speaker 3: So while you are learning where Debo is, Terry gonna be working on the backside. So it just it's a it's a perfect marriage at the perfect time, And I think that's what it That's what it is. Especially in this thing. We saw a team that had to purge the forty nine ers and we said, all right, let's get there before everybody else get there, and let's make some plays appen.
Speaker 1: And you're holding giving up a fifth round pick, which is a fifth round.
Speaker 3: This is a deep draft, and I do think the middle of this draft is actually the best part of this draft. But you're not finding a Debo in the fifth round, right, all right, So let's just be honest. So if I got to give a fifth round up, I'll gave whatever they wanted. And that's all they wanted was a fifth round. I understand. I think we got a legit weapon, and we got a weapon that's hyper focused right now because has something to prove now done, Like that chip on your shoulder if you want the best after the athlete, chip on your shoulder, plan for a country, and whatever floats your boat.
Speaker 1: When that's when I like to have my athletes when they got a chip on the show.
Speaker 2: How have you had to do that throughout your career, because you see athletes do this all the time where they even if they have to make something up, like I gotta find a way to myself.
Speaker 3: That yet, Yeah, I talked trash all the time, so I had to back it up. That was my way of self checking myself to make sure I played at a certain level.
Speaker 1: So I would just get into arguments with people just because I know.
Speaker 3: Now I got him heated, he finish, give me his best, and especially when I'm talking trashy. That's why I love when offensive coaches call plays okay, because they usually call him.
Speaker 1: From the sideline.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm the conner on their sideline for the least two quarters when they switched.
Speaker 1: When the field switched, I'm going to be over there.
Speaker 3: And that's when I started to play Jedi mind tricks with the coach, right, like to get him to attack me. Yeah, but situa wastly, I can kind of bend it to my wheel, so I would basically use confrontation to keep me on my toes.
Speaker 2: You hear this with some players, like they like to get hit first, because it's like, okay, I like could.
Speaker 3: Get a like on their first drive. First of all, I like for us once we finish the talks. I like for us to go defense first. I like to get in the game first. Second of all, I love it when they do a top sweep my way first player of the game. I want to be dirty already. I want to already get down and dirty and feel like I'm a part of this game. So yeah, sometimes you need to and it does a lot for you to just oh, it's just another game.
Speaker 2: Go.
Speaker 3: So that's what it is, like, let me get in this game, let me play, let me get dirty, let me get started.
Speaker 2: So not only is this huge for JD five to have an extra weapon, but now you can help unlock Terry. What does this mean for Scary Terry that now he has someone like Deeba on the field with.
Speaker 1: Well, he's seen a lot of double teams last year.
Speaker 3: In the beginning of the year, everybody were like, why they're not getting tear of the ball because they're a double team. To Terry, because they don't feel like we got other people that can beat them. But zach Ertz during the year approved that I can beat you, all right. So the thing about it is it gives him fresh one on ones. It undresses the coverage too, because when he moves, you're going to have to get into your coverage if you're trying to show us a single man high. But y'all really in cover too. When he goes across the formation, you got you got to go and show that cover two. So he's gonna do a good job of undressing the defense for JD five, and he gonna do a good job of manipulating coverages away from Terry, giving him one on one and he'll be the one on one.
Speaker 2: And what thing that you've really impressed upon me, like during our time together, because I'm always learning things is coach and player matter. Scheme matters. And when you have a guy like Cliff Kingsbury, Yeah, who has a tool like this?
Speaker 3: Yes, now now you're talking about creativity, Yes, suit the roof. Now it's going to be a debo package that has debo plays in it, and it's gonna be plays off of debo all right, So for every play he got, it'll be a play for somebody else off of his mostion and movement. All right, So you're talking about the creator. You've seen what Shanahan did with him. Think about what Cliff Kingsbury gonna do with him, and like I said, and a motivated d Boat Samuels.
Speaker 1: So he'll be ready for the party.
Speaker 2: And I like what you said too, because you'll see coaches sometimes they'll want to play early on, maybe get to the yard to two, but it so they can build off that same look later on and go for a bigger game, and.
Speaker 1: Go for a bigger game.
Speaker 3: And it's always it's actually always three plays off of one. Okay, they're gonna go I can do this to the left, I can do this to the right, and I can also do this one more playoff of it.
Speaker 1: So they're gonna always layer it.
Speaker 3: And when you got a guy that's been here like Cliff Kingsbury, now he's just gonna add home to the playbook that already exists. He did a good job earlier of the year spoon feeding JD five to let him get into the learn how to be a professional and play on Sundays, and once he opened that playbook, up.
Speaker 1: We seen them run everything. Well. I think he'll start from the door this year, adding known to the.
Speaker 3: Playbook because he understand the defensive coordinators, studied the places he ran last year.
Speaker 2: And now you continue to help the offensive line. You make the trade for Laramie Tunsel not official just yet. Wait wait to the paper. Listen another master.
Speaker 3: Class by mister Peters on how to get it done.
Speaker 1: And I think this had a little sprinkle.
Speaker 3: I could smell the football guy because I woke up that morning feeling zestfully clean. I woke up some morning, you know some morning when you wake up and feel better than others. Oh yeah, I feel like this day is gonna be a good day.
Speaker 1: Wane on win, Win on wim. It can't cross my tail.
Speaker 3: You know when you had to give you one of about the by God.
Speaker 1: Like, I can't believe it's happy.
Speaker 3: I felt like the residu from the Trent Williams trade. The football guy said, one day we're gonna have to pay this forward. So we're gonna do it with Laramie tuns Come on, protect that blind side, listen, but take every side. He he instantly makes the offensive line takes it to another level.
Speaker 1: Bring I wish I had my CD player here.
Speaker 3: I be playing the Fat Boys a back because you know how I feel. I want the boys. They smell like bacon like jingle, you know that. And guess what we're collecting right now. If you on way over three thirty, we ain't. We ain't shopping with you right now. We're looking for size. We're looking for me. The last time we had the hall was on one side with Jacoby and Child's Man and Dexter Manley. We ran the NFL because we ran the trenches. And right now we are collecting guys for trench warfare, and I love it.
Speaker 2: About a year ago, I was in DC and I heard Fat Boys in the wild. I was in downtown DC and I was in the bar and I look at the bar t and I go, is this Faboys?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, it's like four he classic fat Boys. Sometimes you got a list in the class.
Speaker 3: I'm trapped in the seventies, So if you grew, if I put up beside, you have to stop, like nine times out of ten, it's old music coming out of my card and I'm just chilling. I'm just enjoying myself. Keeps the spirits up like it's something about. I guess they'll be called Generation Z maybe yeah, but they say us.
Speaker 1: I read this the other day.
Speaker 3: If you're born between nineteen seventy seven in nineteen eighty three, you are considered a zentennial. Oh god, yes, they said they're six years we went. We are the generation that went analog to the digital digital. We are the generation A right, so they named us centennials. Okay, we went from nothing to something we did without technology, and we are the technology classed in group that actually had to learn how to use the technology. We are that generation Zentennials. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Friend of mine goes, do you think you could ever live with that? I was like, already have? Yeah.
Speaker 2: Another guy not official just yet. That's Ranna Kinlock. Oh yes, so this is another guy that Adam Peters knows from. He was drafted from the Fordan Francisco yep, went to play for a year for the Jets. Now he's here in DC and that's a guy who hasn't reached his potential yet and that's part of the draw here that he can be even better.
Speaker 1: That's what he loves to do.
Speaker 3: He loves to find people that hasn't maxed out and see you're not a big games thrown guy, so you won't understand this reference.
Speaker 1: This reference.
Speaker 3: But he's the mountain that rides, all right, all right? He see his two brothers on there, the Kaklai brothers.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: One is called a mountain, one is the hound. They're the two biggest characters on there, and they just hate each other gut. So we're bringing in the Mountain that rides right now, all we understand it. To stop a team from running the ball, you need some people that can plug up some holes and take up some blocks. And this is one of those fellas right there. And he's mean and he has history here, all right. He used to live in DC.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that. I did my investigations, that's what I do. Well. He used to live on DC. Very humbling story started off homeless. So you know this is this shows you what.
Speaker 3: Determination and trying to change, what's going to change your reality looks like. So this is a guy that probably gonna take just just a lot of pleasure on putting on their burgery and gold, especially growing up around here.
Speaker 1: You be a good investigator, a private investigator. I can find out everything. Oh my god, you.
Speaker 2: Charmed someone and you're like dropping like a GPS tracker by.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, if you want me to be Fred Bunn, Fred Bun's junior, I can now, I can't.
Speaker 1: I can get that done.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: The one thing I can do, I can infiltrate.
Speaker 3: I can get in there and once we start talking, like some people just freely give you information that's true, like some people don't understand. And come on, we work in the media, so we used to ask some questions.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: So and we can command the room. So if you can do those two couple of things, Oh yeah, I can find somebody. Let me know what you need from.
Speaker 1: I know a guy that you love that is being brought in Will Harris. Listen. I watched the film on this kid. He's crazy verse. He can play anywhere.
Speaker 3: He could play anywhere in the secondary. When he gets he can actually tackle a way better than people think he can. He gets to the running back and the wide receiver with bad intentions on his mind, and he's a ball hawk.
Speaker 1: I do love that he jumped out when we played them this year. I like, who is this kid? Like he was making plays.
Speaker 3: He's one of those guys that you don't know what all he brings to the table until you really watch film. If you don't watch film. And this is what I always say about sports figures the worst thing. And this is for all the mothers and dads out there. If you think your child has a chance to play sports, male or female, please give him a sports name. Because see, his name is normal. It don't stick out.
Speaker 1: Will Harris, will hair.
Speaker 3: And because it ain't a football now, because you ain't met No Lebron until you met Lebron. So see if my name was Will Harris, I would have just added something to it.
Speaker 1: I'd been like, my name is W. H. Harris, one name that I really like. This college kid. He ain't made a splash shit, but his whole name is the coldest. To ever do it? Oh da Colas, Yes, that's a football name. You will never forget that name. And he did like an air conditioning commercial. Why not, it's the coldest.
Speaker 3: If my name was the coldest, I'd been like, take me to the cools Light Mountain, for I can stand at the peak of this thing.
Speaker 1: I am the coach to ever do it. I listen to.
Speaker 3: That's a football name. But because his name is regular, they won't give him credit. We got a quality after.
Speaker 1: Leading this kid.
Speaker 2: And also I love I know their guys are playing the team last year, but signing Bobby Whiter and zach Ertch bringing them back after the seasons they had.
Speaker 1: Like veryortant huge.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all l captain that was Bobby Wagman, he's the tone seller. You bring him back because come on, third, fourth in the league in taps, still playing on playing. Remind me of what London. We brought London over. London got five six years out of it. So you know, some guys just know how to take care of their body. Some guys understand the task at hand. And if you don't want a Bobby Wagon on your team, you don't want to win. And zach Ertz he was reborn last year. Was he was reborn last year? So now you just I just love to approach because it's making it till where when we get to the draft, we're not drafting for need, with drafting for best play available. This is what this free agent period is doing. He's making it to when we get there we're not in need of no one thing. That means best play available. I'm gonna add it to the room. Each row and that's what great gms do.
Speaker 1: Guys, coming up, we're gonna have your voicemail.
Speaker 2: It's gonna have your emails also, ratt Lewis from NFL netw we're going to talk a little draft as well. You were just mentioning the draft seven those three seven, two six, seven four one nine or Washington get loud at gmail dot com. Any other signing that you like. Is signing that surprised you? Do you like Sam Dna going to the Seahawks?
Speaker 1: Did I move the needle for you?
Speaker 3: I think Sam is going to ball there. I think Sam as much as I love what Gino does. I think Sam is gonna be an upgrade from Geno. Now they took all his weapons, they took all their weapons away, so they really going through we build there. But I think Sam is gonna be good there. I think both teams won. Could the Raider now he's back with Pete Carroll, that's who gave Gino.
Speaker 1: He loves Gino.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so's it's fine, especially if you're gonna end up drafting Chador. If you the Raiders and you got Geno in front of him, so now he don't have to play very smart move new England.
Speaker 1: Spit that dust.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've ever said that ever, But New England spit the dust. They had to really build a team on the move. Yeah, and I think Melton Williams beasts. We had to watch him play three times. Yeah beasts.
Speaker 1: Uh, they got caught today put him on the other side.
Speaker 3: So you know, I think New England got a lot better. So, but that's the thing about free agency. You don't know who gonna fit with their new team until they get there. That's the scary thing about free agency. Like everybody feel like they want is up today, but you don't know who's gonna really fit your team until that time comes.
Speaker 1: I thought Tempa made some good plays too to keep Chris Godwin.
Speaker 3: How about that They say he turned down twenty million extra dollars to stay to stay.
Speaker 1: Now, let's let's do the math. Florida has no state tax smart all right.
Speaker 3: New England taxes on a Boston taxes on a whole nother level.
Speaker 1: So does it even out?
Speaker 3: So, especially when he don't have to move right text free, I already got his house here, I already got.
Speaker 1: His family here.
Speaker 2: And also you have to think about, look, is this a good fit for me, Like, am I gonna get the ball? What about marketing opportunities? What about sponsorships? Like there's a lot that goes in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I've already been with Baker. Baker knows how I get open. My Gavens can't play forever. Eventually it's gonna be just my team.
Speaker 1: So Chris Godwin, no hatred to here, brother. And also, if you're thinking long term, he's a young enough guy. Where who knows what's gonna happen three years out from now?
Speaker 2: Where if you go to New England and you're really getting football as opposed to you keep balling out in Tampa, all of a sudden you're allowed for maybe a there.
Speaker 3: He could retire there. Yeah, Yeah, nobody's going to retire in Boston. How about them, Cowboy, they're not doing anything. They're not doing any day. They did get one player, Javonte Williams. Yes, from the running back from Denver? Congratulations? How about them?
Speaker 1: Cow Congratulations? How about them? Cowboy? Quite clad? From Anna? Pay some bills?
Speaker 3: Why not pay some bills? W I mean, mwaa. We don't travel to escape life. We travel so life doesn't escape us. We could dream of any place in the world and the blink of eye, we're there. That's the wonder flight. All you have to do is decide where to Dulles in the National Airport. Let you imagination sore. Book your venture today at fly Dullis dot com slash nunstop.
Speaker 5: The Getload podcast is brought to you by BET three sixty five, official sports betting partner of the Washington Commanders. Bet on a range of NFL markets with the Bet three sixty five app. Craft your own personalized betslip with parlay, access thousands of games with live streaming. Place your bet before the match, or bet during the game.
Speaker 1: It's up to you.
Speaker 5: Download the BAT three sixty five app today and join eighty million members worldwide. H twenty one plus only must be physically located in Virginia. Gambling problem call or text one eight hundred gambler. I'm gonna follow this up some exciting news. Commanders have some football camps.
Speaker 2: Yes we do.
Speaker 1: Fred, I hear you're going to be in attendance. I'm going to be in the camp giving it all day I got. We're gonna have some fun out there.
Speaker 3: We're gonna put some work in and by the way, it's gonna be at Northwest Stadium, So if your kid wants to taste on how it is to be a pro, it'll be a lot of US pro there and we'll be playing on the state the same field that Jade Daniels plays on Monday.
Speaker 1: March thirty first.
Speaker 5: Yes, Monday, March thirty first is the first camp. But you can find more on the website. I'll drop the link in our description. And whether you're a first time player or a long time baller, you'll find the same thing here, a chance to get better and have fun.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's most death thing, right, that changes stuff for people.
Speaker 3: I'll never forget when I was young and literally like out of Mississippi at that time, like eight of us got drafted, and Steve McNair used to come back and throw this dream camp every year. Jerrold Rice used to come to all the players that were playing at that time, Brett Farr, and we'll be out there as high schoolers and they will be doing some on sell them against us. And that made me believe that I could play in the league just those terms. So sometimes you don't know how these camps touched people. And I was tenth grade, Yeah, so, but you just never know how it touches as a player.
Speaker 1: Now that's gonna be.
Speaker 2: You can be imprinted really young by meeting someone who really takes an interest in your kid.
Speaker 1: Just a handshake. Oh he is now, yeah he is human. And Jimmy Smith kni not taking the ease on.
Speaker 3: I never forget. Jimmy Smith just ran through me like not care. We're gonna treat you like you a pro. I was like, that's what I'm talking about right there, because you gotta be up for the challenge. Yeah, you gotta be up for the challenge. And I like they was not passifying us. They was like, this is how it's gonna be. You're gonna have to get better at this, this, this, and you gotta get strong to get the point of a tech.
Speaker 1: You gotta do this. That's all I need to know because I'm gonna do all these things. And we got an email boards bok we do.
Speaker 5: We'll start off with an email from Justin. He says, Hi, I've been a Commander's fan my entire life. My first jersey I bought myself was was Brian a rackpost. But I just found about see that nice podcast.
Speaker 1: You met another Rack po never. Thank you.
Speaker 5: Continue, You have mentioned core commander traits such as leadership and loving football. Aren't these traits that most franchises want? How do other teams different in what they prioritize as team traits?
Speaker 1: Thank you well?
Speaker 3: First of all, you have to identify as a GM. I'm not drafting a guy if he doesn't have these traits. These are the things he goo to thing about sports. If I'm six', five three hundred, POUNDS i was born this. Way god gave me this, gift AND i don't have to love football to be good at. IT i got the size and the speed in The god's gift for this.
Speaker 1: SIZE i just need to do.
Speaker 3: It, yeah do it as hard AS i. Can BUT i don't have to love it to be a. Commander we want you to love. Football loving football mean practicing every day at one hundred miles. Power love football is getting in, early leaving. Late loving football is not wanting to letting the man down beside, you not playing for. YOU i haven't said no huge. Stuff it's all about.
Speaker 1: The, team and it. Is and LIKE i, said if some guys just good at, it that don't mean they love. It and you got this what you. Have there's a huge difference.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah and these the guys you had to weed, out like which one is loving and which one is?
Speaker 2: Good and.
Speaker 1: NO i think that goes for a lot of, things particularly in.
Speaker 2: Sports an ANALOGY i like to use is if you want to do something, well like a lot of people like to wash the, car but not many people.
Speaker 1: Want to wax the. Car, yeah they don't want to detail. It, Right it's, like, hey the car looks. Good it's like it, does but you can make it even it could be a lot of. Detail, yeah most, definitely.
Speaker 2: Exactly and isn't part of that holding people to a standard, Too, like, yeah you want to have certain, traits but you have to make sure that you hold people to that.
Speaker 3: Standard if you got enough guys in there that believe that they'll bleed onto the other. Guy so if you got enough guys in that locker, room the tempo and the status of the locker room will be a.
Speaker 5: Right all, right be ready for our, voice our first? Voicemail, yeah all, right.
Speaker 1: Cue that? Up se you know Three davin seven four one seven three den t th that's a pleasant voice for one voice.
Speaker 2: Your.
Speaker 1: Bag, Hey i'm gonna be real quick. Man, uh look WHAT'S i think? About but, MAN i NEED i need some real sports analysts on.
Speaker 3: THIS i feel like we can pick him up in the sixth maybe even in the seventh.
Speaker 1: Round you, know he said a real game breaker eight THAT i, mean you're talking about a dudeh to DUDE va running. Back yeah, yeah yeah with the V tex did the exact same. Thing he did it kill out an C. Man i'm just, saying, man this dude's the. Ball we can pick him up late in the. Drafts he would be a real game breaker for the. Office, man let me.
Speaker 2: Know what you.
Speaker 1: Think just gig Into South, tellers take it.
Speaker 3: EASY i do say this about. Too he does have WHAT i call The commander's. Pedigree, yes started from the.
Speaker 1: Bottle they.
Speaker 3: Won't they want kids that didn't have the problem solved at one point in their.
Speaker 1: Career he's done.
Speaker 3: That he blew them away at the comeby when he ran late forty blazing speed and he in your. Backyard like my guy, said he'll be a late round draft like this is drafted. LEGITLY i said last, year with the best quarterback draft of all, time this is the deepest running back DRAFT i THINK i ever. Seen, yeah like it's gonna be legitly twenty five to thirty running back. Draft that's a lot of running, backs, yeah, Drafted SO i like, tuning BUT i also Like. RICKY i Like Rocket sanders At South. Carolina he big two two, thirty but he, fast he can. Move so it's those two for me late round running backs That i'll be really keeping my eye on If i'm a draft.
Speaker 2: Guru, well that's the perfect way to segue into our next guest because we have Read lewis talking about the draft FROM Nfl network as you're probably special guest here and get a lot of it Is Brett lewis FROM Nfl, network And RETT i should probably turn this over to spoof for a second because you guys.
Speaker 1: Just realized you got a lot in. Common just out of.
Speaker 3: Nowhere we lone lost brotherren we are we Tell that's What i'm, Saying like sometimes you don't know because this world is so, small how we all, connected like like through. People because when he said class are like, no it ain't, no it's not come, On, yeah most definitely brought me into the league BECAUSE i came into the league In.
Speaker 1: No one and he was here WHEN i got. Here that's.
Speaker 4: Right my Dad dean was, there took over For Bubba, tire The Great bubba with just a fantastic human, being great family and legendary commander's, figure a long time fixture there in the training. Room got a lot of a lot of love to the d M v area and for the. Commanders, now it was a fun time in my.
Speaker 3: Life, wait, So, RED i got to ask you, this how did you feel about the resurgence of The WASHINGTON dc football team this?
Speaker 1: Year can we seem to be the darling of the league like everybody? Was, look it was a lot of fun to.
Speaker 4: Watch AND i think you, Know, LOOK i before my dad got To, washington he was In New, orleans, right and AND i was a Diehard saints fan while he was, There AND i grew up In New, orleans and.
Speaker 1: So, LIKE i saw what it felt. LIKE i felt right what it was like to, struggle, right to have.
Speaker 4: That frustration as a fan for a long.
Speaker 1: Time.
Speaker 4: Uh and then you watch The saints kind of get up off the, mat and you, know all my friends THAT i grew up, with you, know became those Diehard saints fans THAT i was while everybody else was boo And i'm sitting here, like come, on, guys let's get behind the. Scall he was originally bag not, Me no. BAGS i just, said, no that was That's Eli. Manning yes he was doing that while dad was out there. Playing but, no, Man i'm one of those. Teams I'm i'm loyal. To i'm one of those. Fans i'm loyal to a, fault you, know through good times and bad and uh you, know and and it Was, look it was an interesting, time you know WHEN i when my dad was there and we were you, know a part of that commander's, family and it.
Speaker 1: Was A spurrier, era, right which, yeah which was. Fun it was, Crazy, yeah very. Good BUT i think my point.
Speaker 4: Is long winded way of, saying, like you, know when you understand that a fan base and that a franchise has gone through a rough, period, man to see it rise so, quickly AND i think that's where you start. Pointing you, know all that positivity That Adam peters brought, in, right that new ownership brought in first and, foremost, Right but then you know that That Adam peters brought in AS, gm Dan quinn comes in as a head. Coach you look at that relationship you find the. QUARTERBACK i mean like you've checked the hardest four boxes to. Check, yeah, right and that's what the commanders have, done and now you're trying to kind of reinforce and support that moving.
Speaker 2: Forward and right when you see a guy Like Deebo samuel come TO dc and he has that familiarity With Adam, peters but also he Gives Cliff kingsbury not just a tool FOR jd, five but also a different tool For Cliff kingsbury to use in his commander's.
Speaker 4: Offense, Yeah and and, LOOK i think that's that's another interesting piece of this is, Like, okay so What's clint gonna?
Speaker 2: Do you, know what.
Speaker 1: What do We what's What's Cliff kingsbury gonna do?
Speaker 4: Here AND i think you, know you've got that creativity in his background an excellent offensive. Mine and SO i think that's that's a real curiosity you know that that we have no because BECAUSE i think you, Know debo is, different, right he's the only player AT nfl, history only receiver to have twenty rushing.
Speaker 1: Touchdowns, Yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: So there's there's so many ways that that you can utilize. Him, now you don't want to go overboard with, it. Right you want to make sure you can keep him healthy and keep him available for you to team up With terry. McLaurin and now you Get Zach hertz back to and there's just there's so much MORE i feel like that you can unlock with With Jayden. Daniels now that you add in a player Like. Debo it's almost like you've got ONE, a ONE b now With terry And, deebo and it's just a matter of how you want to use them in this.
Speaker 1: Offense AND i think.
Speaker 3: He's doing such a good job in his free agency period by filling in gaps that we really need to the point WHERE i think he's setting this up to when once we get to the, draft he wants to take betch player.
Speaker 1: Available he don't want to have to go.
Speaker 3: To the draft looking for needs and considering that we're drafting the twenty ninth spot in the heat. Drown but you know they're gonna be some later. Picks do you have any picks that you, say you know what