Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Mick Shot streaming live on Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoler, Effson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dallas Cowboy can take a player for some taker.
Speaker 3: I love it, I love it, love it.
Speaker 2: Probably the fifteen the want to go also have to curb that and just keep it there.
Speaker 4: In the sixties you had to go back to them when were the stylistics.
Speaker 2: No, that's that would be with him.
Speaker 5: Put your billy, man.
Speaker 6: That sounds good, guys, I go and.
Speaker 5: Put your bill.
Speaker 3: It's a fabulous football Yeah, fight Song Friday edition of Mixed Shots. And there are a lot of disappointed people that are tuning in because Savannah is my sign.
Speaker 7: Oh my man. They dog us on Twitter. Man, when it comes to her, we don't ever treat it right. That's why I tried my best to treat her well. Because everybody's out there, you guys, a dog in there, like.
Speaker 8: Okay man, we have her picks, I have them, okay good. And she sent me my reminder to Okay. I had something in my head that I was going to say yesterday and I forgotten. I thought of in the locker room, and she took a note on her.
Speaker 6: Phone and she sent for late in the show. Yeah, that's not that big, okay, all right, but it's a good little nugget.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 3: Well, We've got a lot of good little nuggets to get to over the course of the next forty five minutes as we get you set for Sunday Night football, the Cowboys and the Eagles. It's December football. This is why we do this, right, Yes.
Speaker 6: The tours are inundating the Star right now. The NBC crew is including Jason Garrett.
Speaker 3: Jason Garrett yesterday I didn't see him, but we needed someone to do the Mike McCarthy show since the coach was out.
Speaker 8: I thought maybe they I thought maybe they brought them in in case they needed a play callant tirement.
Speaker 3: Brian Schottenheimer filled in yesterday on the press conference and on the Coaches Show, the TV show, which you can see on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 7: I need to look at that because I'm ashited to say I have no idea what he.
Speaker 2: Even looks like.
Speaker 7: Brian yeah, seriously, seriously, Yeah, I ever met him. I've never seen because he doesn't really get much interviews. Many interviews.
Speaker 8: Well, they do the coordinators every Monday, but you're long gone. Yeah, they usually do them at like four o'clock. Although he did Mike's.
Speaker 3: And where you you get to know him through that and then back in training camp.
Speaker 5: Also there was a couple of availabilities.
Speaker 3: During training camp, which is longer and and of course it's really been his I mean, even though it's his second year here, it's his first year that he's been in.
Speaker 5: The spotlight a little bit because he was an analyst last year.
Speaker 2: Does he look like his dad?
Speaker 3: No? Okay, no, no, that would be that's okay, no, very in.
Speaker 7: Some time we take out I'm very insightful.
Speaker 5: I love talking to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: In fact, I ated while we talked about it yesterday he had lost his appendix at fourteen years old.
Speaker 3: And but you know, just his personality, I can see how he very quickly connected with Dak. He's got charismatic personality and he's a great a great communicator and h and just a guy that you want to hang out with.
Speaker 7: Wasn't wasn't that his dad that yelled at the fans because they were booing.
Speaker 5: No, you're thinking Sam Wish Yeah, Cincinnati.
Speaker 8: So speaking of yelling, I uh, I took Bill's suggestion.
Speaker 6: I turned on the Whip this morning.
Speaker 5: Oh you did? I didn't, haven't. I listened to him earlier in the week and have it since because I can't stomach it.
Speaker 6: It was the Hugh Douglas. It was the Hugh Douglas Show.
Speaker 9: Okay, and uh, some some cowboy fan called in and started to give him some history lessons and Hugh Douglas interrupts the guy and.
Speaker 6: Goes, hey, I got a d D. Get to the point.
Speaker 2: I used to be on the show with him.
Speaker 7: Uh, with stephen A's first show, stephen A Smith his first show. It was me, Hugh and the running back that used to be at A and M. And he played with the Chiefs.
Speaker 5: Oh Greg Hill, Gregill.
Speaker 6: Well he's still on. I saw Did I see that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: No, never, But.
Speaker 7: We want stephen A's first show that when they when they canceled that show.
Speaker 2: I mean that was.
Speaker 3: Back Greg Hill was I did a college football studio show for Fox Sports Southwest one season with Greg Hill.
Speaker 5: Great guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's opinionated too, and so that was probably about that same time he was dabbling in media.
Speaker 5: Back then, we wed.
Speaker 2: We flew up to New York for every show.
Speaker 8: Okay, so so the fans were all calling, you know, they take called basically their host shows taking calls, right, and some guy called.
Speaker 6: And all of a sudden it was like whoaoa. He was fustling and they got the dropping.
Speaker 8: They were yelling at the guy.
Speaker 6: He's got no, you can't come on here and do that.
Speaker 8: And then Hugh Douglas goes, well, i'll tell you what after that, San Franccocisco's lost. Everyone in the city is on edge, and it's like and he goes in, and I don't want any of these dopey cowboy fans calling in anymore. Right, they don't make any sense. So Philadelphia.
Speaker 7: But here's how Philadelphia, right, exactly Philadelphia.
Speaker 6: I was reading a column in the paper. So Philadelphia.
Speaker 8: Two guys standing out in the cold with all the clothes they can have put on at the entrance of the Eagles practice facility and they were holding up a big sign. So when everybody drove in, including the coaching staff, it said.
Speaker 6: Run the ball more.
Speaker 8: And it was like, well, they ran the ball against San Francisco eighteen times for forty eight yards.
Speaker 6: Then in the first.
Speaker 8: Half they only ran it seven times, right, So the bottom line was of the column and they've they've run it.
Speaker 6: They just have it running.
Speaker 8: They're running well, right, and they're they're all up arms because they're only averaging four point one a carry. I'm going over, Wow, what a luxury, What.
Speaker 2: A luxury?
Speaker 6: Oh so it was. It was pretty funny.
Speaker 8: But you know what, and this is why those people love Sirianni. So when they asked him about it, he goes, you know what, we do need to run the ball more.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And that's what you do like about the organization. It's very matter of fact, right. And the fans themselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I always think about the Pennant, the National National League Pennate this year after they lost, and I had the fans just they were interviewing them after the game. Oh my god, you think the cowboy fans are tough. These guys are crazy.
Speaker 2: Even the women out there cussing and where they I mean, they were hot. They were hot.
Speaker 7: Because of course that was a big loss, you know, because they lost it home.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they lost.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's just that's typical feeling.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and then they were starting to get on Jalen Hurts. You know, well he's not running enough, running more, he's got a knee.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Anyway, it was don't piss off Philly fans.
Speaker 3: Ten minutes of entertainment, so you could only you only went ten minutes of it.
Speaker 5: Well that's all you needed.
Speaker 6: I had other stuff.
Speaker 2: You cussing, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I wish they would I had they caught his cuss words whatever the guy was saying, But boy, they were all.
Speaker 3: That reminds me back in ninety two when the Cowboys and Eagles were going at it and uh the Monday night game, which the Eagles actually won thirty one to seven, I think, And that was back in the day where we actually would go on the road, not just to cover a road game, but we spent all week up there, and we went like on a Tuesday and came back on Monday and did stories and so interviewing all the Philadelphia fans. It was so much fun, even though the Cowboys wound up losing that game. Of course, the Cowboys that season in ninety two got the last laugh. A few weeks later they played here, Cowboys won and then they played in the divisional round of the playoffs and the Cowboys won that too, And but I.
Speaker 5: Got a heavy dose of the Philadelphia fan. Well do you remember that.
Speaker 8: Week the pregame stuff outside the stadium that played Chuck Cooperstein had he was on the Whip with him as a guest.
Speaker 5: Yeah, radio just call it the Whip Radio Whip.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's where all talk radio started. I s where with all the calls and the yelling, and.
Speaker 5: That was Tony Bruno was on there then.
Speaker 3: But I remember doing a live shot from a bar in Philadelphia. Was probably the Thursday before the Thursday Friday before the game. No it wasn't, but we did it anyway, and uh.
Speaker 5: We uh.
Speaker 3: There was the owner of the bar. This is the son of the owner, and the the the owner of the bar had died and his ashes he was cremated. His ashes were like on the mantle right by the bar.
Speaker 5: This is this is Johnny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's the biggest Philadelphia Eagle fan of the world.
Speaker 6: So the old timers used to go every year to this.
Speaker 8: This one bar in downtown Philadelphia was by the one of the college campuses, maybe the Villanova's and maybe there I don't know, but we go. They they were friends with this guy and he closed the bar down one night and he had one of those old English cabs and he took us for a ride along the river where all the Christmas reasons were. It's like, okay, got to cover a game at noon or one o'clock, right, But yeah, I love I love the city.
Speaker 2: I just hung out there.
Speaker 6: It's it's it's it's fascinating.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 8: The people are fun, you know. Now when they get in the stadium, it's a different story. Yeah, but the night before a game, they want to talk football and they kind of know their stuff, at least they think they do.
Speaker 2: All I know is Philly and snow, Philly fans and snowballs.
Speaker 5: Snowballs with batteries.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's all I know.
Speaker 8: I was on the sideline one game and it would have been when well, it was during that time they were throwing stuff at the Cowboys and I was on the sideline. Game was over and I think they they were winning, and all of a sudden, where this snowball comes bouncing by me and I and it was short right, didn't make it.
Speaker 6: And I turned around and I yelled.
Speaker 5: You rag arms.
Speaker 6: And the security guy looked at me and goes, don't incite.
Speaker 2: Already. That was not smart fact.
Speaker 5: So anyway, here we here we go, as Dak would say, here we go.
Speaker 6: Hey, I got to the bottom of that. Okay, here we go, all right, like why did you decide on? Here we go?
Speaker 8: And it was at the end of the locker room, so I got them by myself and he goes, well, he goes, you know, I'm not sure. He goes Tyler and he's calling Biatta shover. He goes, how did we go and get going on this?
Speaker 6: Here we go?
Speaker 8: I think it was you and and Tyler goes, no, no, You would always say when we're getting ready to start the cadence in training camp, it was like, okay, let's go, let's go. Here we go, and he goes, you said it a couple of times and then we decided that was going to be the.
Speaker 6: Sign before we start to play cadence. But what it.
Speaker 8: Really means is shut up and listen because the offensive line, I guess, talks and they're telling, you know, whatever their signals are or whatever, and now now it's time to start and so and and as Tyler said, it was kind of shut that another word.
Speaker 6: And he goes and that's how it started.
Speaker 3: Right, all right, here's here's what's going to happen on this thing. Cowboys are going to have a very successful month of December, and that's going to be the slogan as the Cowboys make their march in.
Speaker 5: The post into the postseason. And here we go.
Speaker 6: So what was it that one year year I was finished? The fight?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: Last year? Was something? The guy from a TV show was something. Didn't they remember? I don't remember. Yeah, that was his rally call.
Speaker 7: That was the which is rally called Okay, Yeah, he said something, Come on, guys, we've talked about it.
Speaker 3: Somebody will shime in here on X somebody will help us out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But uh, you know, and going back nineteen ninety two, that was about them Cowboys. That it was that all got started with Jimmy and the It was in the playoffs going there. Yeah, but that got started in the playoff postgame celebrations, starting probably with that Philadelphia game, then for sure San Francisco.
Speaker 6: And San Francisco in the locker room.
Speaker 5: He may have said it in after Philly too.
Speaker 6: I don't remember that one, but I was there, but remember.
Speaker 5: That, Yeah, I was too. But that's where that got legs. And here we are. You know, it's the iconic slogan.
Speaker 6: And we need to start one. Here we are.
Speaker 3: Well no, but so that's going to be okay, the highlight film for the seol what's the title of the highlight film for this season is going to be here we Go. You know how they just got a finish it.
Speaker 8: Remember how they did that every year and they would have a media party to unveil the video uh.
Speaker 3: Huh NFL Films Video of the season whatever.
Speaker 8: I think we did that one year at the Dallas Aquarium because Jimmy got in there.
Speaker 3: And that's how America's team got coined. It was basically the NFL film's video of that nineteen seventy seven or seventy eight season whatever year, seventy seven, yeah, super.
Speaker 5: Bowl year team.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it started right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So here we Go is the title this year?
Speaker 6: Here we go?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and here we go.
Speaker 3: We get them back here on mix shots when we break down Cowboys versus Eagles, and oh, I might mention Zeke Elliott somewhere along the way to.
Speaker 10: Imagine this, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and.
Speaker 5: They snapped the press. Guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 6: He escapes left.
Speaker 5: He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 10: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the word world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 8: Prescot's gonna run this and show run it up the middle any scores.
Speaker 10: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 10: Get started at blockchain dot Com?
Speaker 11: You know that sound anywhere? It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 5: That's what I like.
Speaker 12: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 13: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday mornings Swager, Brisky and the Smoker. Miller Lite and the Creek, America's team playing America's greatest school. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three. Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 5: Dem shots.
Speaker 7: Kpost Roofing and Waterproofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys. I've got to call these guys, Chris, Can you give me a discount because of my roof.
Speaker 4: All right, all right, all right, sounds like a yes, that's right, all right, before we jump into Cowboys Eagles.
Speaker 5: How about Zee last night for the Patriots.
Speaker 2: Impressive? I thought it was impressed.
Speaker 3: Twenty nine touches, one hundred and forty yards and a touchdown his first game as the lead dog and the only dog for the Patriots.
Speaker 5: In the run game last night.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, it was just twenty two carries for sixty eight yards on the ground, but it was seven seven receptions seventy two yards and a touchdown. And he may have made the most significant play of the game on an interception where at the corner of his eye he sees what's developing and he runs down the player makes a tackle touchdown.
Speaker 6: What'd you take it.
Speaker 3: On?
Speaker 5: Your team? Said all along, I'm going back to March.
Speaker 2: I've said he's asking the wrong people. Yeah, he's asking the wrong people.
Speaker 3: At the point, you know myself, you know we all do with that at that money, which is three million dollar contract, which is what we said all.
Speaker 6: Although he does have a per game.
Speaker 5: Bonus in there.
Speaker 3: No, the per game bonuses gets him up to the three million. It's the the incentives that will beyond.
Speaker 6: It are snapping.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he's at.
Speaker 3: Thirty eight percent of the snaps right now. It kicks in at fifty percent. I don't think you'll even get there. If he's the league, he won't.
Speaker 2: He won't have enough.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So.
Speaker 7: I just I just know it's tough being in the locker room where you lose so much. Went to the We were two and fourteen I think with Tom and then one and fifteen with Jimmy.
Speaker 2: Those two years, oh my.
Speaker 5: God, it was. It was three and thir it was three and thirteen and eight was.
Speaker 2: It was just bad. It was bad.
Speaker 7: It makes when you walk into the room your stomach feels tight. You know, no matter how well you're playing, all badly, we all feel the same. So I don't feel I feel sorry for Zeke right now.
Speaker 3: Well, the greatest coach in the history of football is playing the wrong running back.
Speaker 5: I think, m.
Speaker 6: But the consolation maybe the wrong quarterback.
Speaker 5: Too happy last night.
Speaker 6: Three million dollars at the end of.
Speaker 5: Your career, at the end of your career, well towards the end.
Speaker 2: But you have to be you don't have to give him credit. I mean, he's doing the work. It's hard to do the work when you're losing, it's hard to do.
Speaker 3: I would not be surprised if Zeke plays another four years because, in contrast to some of these other running backs who rely on that speed in order to do their thing, what Zeke does it. You know, whatever he loses as far as his speed goes.
Speaker 5: He makes up four and the other stuff.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: And he's a guy.
Speaker 3: And here's the big the key on Zeke is he as we've talked about all along, he's a great locker room guy. And I don't know what the perception is of him nationally or whatever, but he's not a big ego guy, as he's proven this year in New England, and so he can fit into a team concept. And he's smart enough to understand he doesn't need all those carries whatever in order to satisfy his ego or whatever, you know, And so he can fit into a rotation, which is what all NFL teams basically do.
Speaker 8: Now, if he was a free agent right now, Philadelphia would sign him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're signing every one of.
Speaker 7: These well, because he does more than just run. You know, he's one of the best Blet's pick up guys. I've seen that right period.
Speaker 8: Two of those sacks and was the running back missing the pickup?
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 3: So anyway, all right Cowboys Eagles and where would you like to go? Do you want to get what you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: My little deal?
Speaker 2: So that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're going to have to drop you, Chris.
Speaker 8: So I didn't say nothing, no, no, but I was thinking Chris needs to drop it right. So to the scout team getting ready for Philadelphia Jalen Hurts. They had Trey Lance playing Jalen Hurts and he was talking about how how much fun it was. I went up to him and said, hey, you put on your best Jalen Hurts impersonation here and he goes yeah, yeah, he goes, you know, we needed somebody to kind of extend the play, not just.
Speaker 6: Sit in the pocket and throw, just show him.
Speaker 8: You know, everybody makes so much deal out of this two point three seconds in the pocket and so but he was yeah, he said it was fun get to scramble round and kind of give him a real good look at some of the stuff Hurtz does. And I said, so, does that like the most snaps you get? And he goes, well it was this week. Yeah, because he doesn't get much, he'll get a few with the scout team, but Cooper Rush has taken the majority of him, and then Dak gets all the offensive snaps.
Speaker 6: They get nothing. So yeah, anyway, so putting himself to use.
Speaker 3: Good little nugget. Okay, so where else would you like to go?
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 8: So I see where the concentration, or at least the questions coming up in Philadelphia is how do they stop ceed lamb? Because they remember very clearly that the first time around, CD had eleven catches for one hundred and ninety one yards and ten of those were for ten plus yards. And so the their emphasis this week is making sure that they do a good job on the extended plays when they're off schedule, right, and knowing that they've got to cover not the first route but the second and third deal. And you know, I was surprised they're twenty ninth against the pass, and I'm thinking with that pass rush, you would think that, you know, defending the pass would be one of their better traits. But they've given up forty two pass plays of twenty plus yards. Thirteen of those are thirty plus yards, so they've given up some big plays. And if you remember, I think that was one of Dak's first big games, right, he played well against the Chargers, right, Well.
Speaker 7: It was this This is where they said, Okay, he played well against a championship.
Speaker 6: Right, right because he threw for.
Speaker 2: Right? Yes.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and so so anyway, that's been the media focus in Philadelphia that they've got to do a better job against the run, you know. And I was sitting there going past, I mean against the past, against the run, they're like third, and I said, well, do people just quit trying to run because they can't so all they do is pass? Or are they in ketchup mode because Philadelphia is ahead? Well, seven of their ten wins are by no more than seven points, right, So they've had some close calls that they've been getting by with.
Speaker 6: So anyway, yeah, ceedee lamb.
Speaker 2: I don't know how.
Speaker 6: They're going to do it, but they're figuring you.
Speaker 8: Better concentrate focus on stopping him on those extended plays.
Speaker 7: That's why it's good to have three guys who are having good seasons this year. You can't stop CD and Ferguson and Cook, right, you just can't. I mean, you're gonna have to pick your poison and then if you're not careful, you're gonna let Gallup out of the bag. You're gonna let you know, told with out of the bag.
Speaker 8: Which is funny because because Jerry and Mike keep getting asked, well.
Speaker 6: What about Gallop and.
Speaker 8: It's like, well, you've got a receiver on a franchise record pace Cooks is pretty good. Now you're asking me that the third receiver needs to be more involved.
Speaker 2: Well, Cooks has the mismatch.
Speaker 6: Usually that slight.
Speaker 7: Usually the slot receiver has a back in the day had a safety on them. Now they're getting more specialized in they're putting a third defensive back on them. But either way, you don't usually have that much experience in the slot. And that's what Cooks is feasting.
Speaker 8: Because I want to make sure I was right on this. So in ninety five, when Michael was setting the single season receiving records, the second receiver was Kevin Williams, who basically when they drafted him, they was like a return guy, right he was Then Alvin Harper left, so he became the second So I always ask people, so, who do you think the third receiver was that year and how many catches did he get? The receiver not Novachek or Johnston or Emmitt Smith, thirty five?
Speaker 6: Thirty five?
Speaker 5: How many? How many catches?
Speaker 3: You mean?
Speaker 6: Yeah, for the third receiver.
Speaker 5: You're looking for the player, the player's.
Speaker 8: Name, name, and I'll give you the number, okay, because you don't know who.
Speaker 2: Well, you just said Williams. You just said Williams.
Speaker 6: No second, he was the second receiver.
Speaker 2: Well, how many do you have? Oh?
Speaker 8: The second receiver had a robust thirty eight. But the third receiver was the renowned Corey Fleming.
Speaker 3: Oh, Corey flipping. I remember when he first arrived. I remember when Corey Fleming first arrived. They got him from San Francisco, didn't training camp in Austin. In Switzer, uh is press conference after practice, he was just out on the field. It says, hell, well, you know, I'm just I'm seeing him for the first time. Looks like he's got a big butt.
Speaker 7: Switzer he had you remember his number one line, right, there's so big.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's pretty good. But he hadn't dropped yet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: Uh, he hadn't dropped yet.
Speaker 8: He had he had all raising cows, six catches, your third receiver, and they won a Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: But like you said, NOVI check is Yeah. Still the guys.
Speaker 6: I mean Nobeck had sixty.
Speaker 2: Two right, uh?
Speaker 6: And then the next receiver was Remember Stepfret Williams.
Speaker 5: I just said, step Brett Williams.
Speaker 6: Yeah he had.
Speaker 5: He was my guest with step Frett Williams.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised I didn't remember that he was for sure was on that seae step Fretty.
Speaker 5: Switzer said a flashback.
Speaker 2: Just Switch got another Switzerland flashback.
Speaker 3: Postgame press conference after big game, big win, whatever, and there's media shouting questions at Switzerland. All of a sudden, Switcher takes a look over at this one over here.
Speaker 5: You look like so Sam.
Speaker 2: S life is good.
Speaker 8: You know how Bill Bill would talk about distractable players.
Speaker 5: You look like Sam.
Speaker 6: All the things that used to come out of his mind. Oh god, he was an hr nightmare.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know how to go to the airport.
Speaker 5: But the things that didn't come out of his.
Speaker 6: And he hadn't changed it a bit, that's what I love about him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, we're now.
Speaker 6: How about this.
Speaker 8: I decided, thanks to the whip, to look this up, Like, who was officiating the game? So it's John Hussey's crew. Four guys on the crew with at least sixteen years of experience.
Speaker 2: I'm going to hear this.
Speaker 8: They have called the fifth most penalties of all the crews one hundred and fifty and eleven games, one two hundred and seventy yards and one hundred and seventy.
Speaker 2: That sounds that sounds like it's on our pace.
Speaker 8: One hundred and seventy eight overall since twenty twenty eight were dismissed as how they.
Speaker 6: Listed either picked up or that's a lot. Declined that a lot.
Speaker 8: That's one hundred and seventy eight penalties and eleven games, so they're averaging thirteen point six y four penalties a game against both teams together, yeah together, okay, Yeah, total flags in the game.
Speaker 3: In the last time when the Cowboys played the Eagles, I think both teams were in double figures on penalties.
Speaker 6: They were at twenty right each thank so.
Speaker 5: They each had ten. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 8: It was a real disjointed game, which this last week it was nineteen right.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: The crew that worked last night's Patriots Steelers game was the crew that has the least number of penalties called on the season, and apparently it held true last night. The Patriots were penalized seven times. For fifty nine yards and the Steelers just one time for live yards.
Speaker 7: And see, I'm sure that the league has sometimes a conversation with these refs. I'm like, hey, guys, this is a primetime game.
Speaker 5: Can we keep it moving?
Speaker 2: You know, you ever think they have those conversations with them.
Speaker 8: I heard that in college in a lot of the games that they kind of tell them, remember scoring is important and keep the game moving.
Speaker 6: Yes, don't get in the way. It's obvious call.
Speaker 3: It, which is why you'll see on NFL games if you're close to the first down.
Speaker 5: They give you the first down in NFL games because they don't.
Speaker 6: We're not even measuring.
Speaker 3: We're not stopping to measure unless it's a critical fourth the guy behind them, that's right.
Speaker 5: Yes, you just have to get in the vicinity of that first down.
Speaker 8: And I didn't look too far, but I just know when I glanced at it that there was more penalties being called on the visiting team than the home team.
Speaker 2: Well that could be human.
Speaker 6: Well, well we see that in the NBA, right, Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean I'm just saying not the reps. I mean, the players themselves may be messing up a little bit more because you know, you don't have that home field.
Speaker 6: Man have more off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it could be also affected.
Speaker 8: Or maybe they don't see as well on the road because their hand is in the neutral zone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right right.
Speaker 2: The blue line.
Speaker 8: They need to start for the blue blue line.
Speaker 6: Laser. Put a laser right down the line of scrimma.
Speaker 2: If you put your hands. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Something one other note before we take a break and make our picks. I sent you some video on Shaq Leonard.
Speaker 6: I saw that. I saw and very cloudy, but I saw it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, once again he told you why, Yeah, okay, the iPhone bro.
Speaker 2: It was clear. Okay, well, thank you.
Speaker 8: I figured it became because of his phone and it didn't take a good picture.
Speaker 7: Well now he has said some crappy yeah, but that was you know why.
Speaker 3: That was because it was smudged up on my camera clean.
Speaker 6: So what did you see since you I.
Speaker 3: Just watched the first series of Shaq's last game with the Colts against Low and behold Zeke Elliott and the New England Patriots. And if you watched the first series of that game, there were three consecutive plays that would tell me, Okay.
Speaker 5: I see he did not I see.
Speaker 3: Why Gus Bradley the defensive coordinator for the Colts, made the decision.
Speaker 5: You know what we're going with this EJ Speed out.
Speaker 3: Of Tarleton State and North Crowley High School, fifth year in the league, to take more snaps at linebacker. And they I'm not saying that that game is still one he looked and I'm just saying that was probably the final straw that game.
Speaker 5: Whatever.
Speaker 3: So and who knows, we'll see We're going to see him. We're going to see him Sunday night. I think he's going to be playing for the Eagles. And he is wearing number fifty three. He's gotten his fifty three back as they cut Christian Ellis who was wearing fifty three.
Speaker 5: And Wow, I was just.
Speaker 2: That ability that, hey man, we just need to When you said.
Speaker 8: That, it made me think, well, maybe they shouldn't have been so click quick to get rid of Rashaun Evans. Yeah, Philadelphia, they had him for what four days, didn't like what they saw.
Speaker 6: Might need them ye or could have.
Speaker 5: Now he's he's in a cowboy uniform.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 5: We continue in more mix shots in just a moment.
Speaker 12: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 13: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff? Tailgate's going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swag Brisky and the Smoker, Miller Light and the Cool America's team playing America's greatest school. Miller Lighting the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys football tastes like Miller Time. Celebrate responsibly twenty twenty three, Miliberwan Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 10: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: And they snapped the fresh guy who looks white. It's not there.
Speaker 5: He escape flapped. He'll look for a funch down.
Speaker 2: Just like football.
Speaker 10: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 5: Prescott's gonna run this in self.
Speaker 6: Run it up the middle and the scores.
Speaker 10: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 10: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 11: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio, sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for at a delicious, refreshing Pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory dropping, there's no topping of school Pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi. That's what I likes.
Speaker 7: Head to at and T Stadium on Saturday, December ninth to experience Rally Day presented by Sea Geek. Take a tour of AT and T Stadium, get autographs from the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders and alumni play games, head outside to the middle of the lighthouse and even play on the field. And don't forget to get your photo with Santa and Missus Claus.
Speaker 2: Visit at and T.
Speaker 7: Stadium dot com slash Rally days for tickets and more information.
Speaker 2: Are you flawless?
Speaker 6: Are you gonna be there?
Speaker 7: No, I've already done my They you know they got spreaded out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well you better bring your a game tomorrow.
Speaker 2: They're going to be there. Huh, they're going to be there.
Speaker 6: No, I'm saying for our dealer.
Speaker 2: Oh please, don't I always come on?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but no, you're gonna have better. You're even better to help me out.
Speaker 2: We won't have.
Speaker 6: Mc Jackie won't be there, and they're going to be disappointed.
Speaker 2: Yes they will. I'm disappointed.
Speaker 5: To what time is that, lady?
Speaker 6: One fifteen is when we take the stage.
Speaker 8: You think you can't where? Uh?
Speaker 6: At the omni at the right here across the.
Speaker 5: Frisco.
Speaker 2: He's got the major energy.
Speaker 5: It's indoors. Yeah, okay, because it's there's a blue northern blowing in.
Speaker 2: We don't have to worry about that. We ain't worry about that.
Speaker 8: We're indoors and we can play park close enough to get in with that going outside.
Speaker 3: Okay, and by the way, as we preview your weekend at high school football state semifinal weekend and tonight at the Star, the two time defending Class five A state champion South Olk Cliff Golden Bears are playing right here. It gets Frisco Emerson and two good quarterbacks to Michael Hawkins for Frisco Emerson. I know who's committed to my school.
Speaker 5: Yes, and uh that would be o uh huh.
Speaker 3: And then another shout out. Alito, eleven times state champion plays tonight Alito, Yes, Alito against forty And then the six A semifinal games tomorrow have De Soto defending state champ taken on South Lake Carol and Allen at two o'clock in the afternoon, and at three o'clock in the afternoon in Mesquite it's the defending state champion Duncanville Panthers. Yeah, Tyler Smith's North Crowley Panthers, who are fourteen and on the season. He says he's gonna be the there at the Skeets Memorials Stadium.
Speaker 5: For that game.
Speaker 6: Where's Anna playing?
Speaker 3: Anna is playing Decatur seven point thirty tonight at Denton's Collins Stadium.
Speaker 2: Oh, your team on the computer?
Speaker 8: No, but you remember Foster used to work here in the TV department and he's teaching their communications class at ANNA and I was going to text him and say, you're coaching football too.
Speaker 6: All right, they evidently have a very good quarterback.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well they're in the state semi finals and then State championship week is next week at at and T Stadium.
Speaker 5: Who is always a big week?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 6: Oh and we're out of we're gone.
Speaker 5: Well they start with the six man games like on WEDNDOS.
Speaker 6: Oh, well, I could go see that.
Speaker 2: Witness team. What happened?
Speaker 5: They won?
Speaker 3: They won state Liberty cursh graduations.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, but they're moving up to Division one next year.
Speaker 2: So good luck moving up.
Speaker 3: And he's got to uh two sons, Cooper and CJ. We're both named All State.
Speaker 6: So anyway, all right, now ever, Sin's up me yep, it's time.
Speaker 5: It's time to make our picks.
Speaker 7: I already I already gave you kind of a preview of what my pick to click is gonna be the person. But I have us still scoring the way we always score at home. I don't think they're gonna be able to stop us. They're not going to hold us to twenty three points. And I think defensively, you know how we are, man, we get those teams behind the chains and we just start coming at them. Well, it's a good team in Philadelphia. So I look for him to score twenty four points. We look for the Cowboys to score thirty five points. I'm not going forty. I'm going thirty five. That's pretty much on pace to how effective we've been. And they're gonna be doublin CD. They can't double everyone. So my boy, Michael gall Michael gallup, he's going to get a touchdown in this game. I like to say he get you know, maybe five catches, but I'm just gonna stick with the one touchdown.
Speaker 6: Okay, So Savannah you're up.
Speaker 2: What does she say?
Speaker 8: And Savannah says, Cowboys win thirty to twenty seven, and her pick is Jonathan Hankins.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's been balling, guy, he's got three saxes. He's been balling. How does the nose go out get three sacks?
Speaker 8: Now, if he can stop the brotherly shove, oh yeah, he definitely will be the player of the game.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's what she's thinking.
Speaker 8: So for me, I've got the boy. She just keeps trending on me here, I've got thirty one twenty.
Speaker 6: Seven by the way.
Speaker 8: Uh and my pick to click is going to be sort of thinking the long lines of eversin that they're going to be all over ceed lamb.
Speaker 6: So give me Brandon Cooks.
Speaker 5: Brandon cook Yeah, but what give me?
Speaker 2: Come on, you can't just think give me, give me.
Speaker 8: Oh, he's gonna have catches. I was gonna try to remember, has.
Speaker 6: He had like a touchdown in each of the last couple.
Speaker 5: Of four games? I think four in a row, maybe four in a.
Speaker 2: Row, so definitely definitely one touchdown then.
Speaker 8: And at least one touchdown. Let's see what he's had receiving Cooks. He's had touchdowns in three of the last four names.
Speaker 5: Okay, so Pollard, what's Pollard done?
Speaker 6: Pollard receiving just touchdown?
Speaker 8: His has been uh, three in a row, three touchdown and three success.
Speaker 2: A good score last week. I like that pitch out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, and Bill's up all right, I'm going.
Speaker 2: With I thought this was going to take a while.
Speaker 3: I thought you had a Kelvin mark and then there's punt return for a touchdown. In nineteen ninety one, a winning division championship, Cavante Turpin's going to take one to the house a punt or a kickoff.
Speaker 5: That's gonna be a punt. Yeah, pump return for a touchdown.
Speaker 3: I ever get a chance on kickoff for Cavante and fifteen straight home wins. Cowboys win by fifteen thirty eight twenty three final score.
Speaker 2: Right, kept it very very close to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys went high, so, but I'd like you. I decided not to go forty. Not five straight forty point games.
Speaker 7: We're so long, Yeah, we're so close, I might as well go forty.
Speaker 5: Right there, I'm thirty eight so.
Speaker 8: And this will be the theme of the game. And I picked it up on Saturday.
Speaker 5: It was like a closing mix shot.
Speaker 6: From Nick Saban.
Speaker 8: Oh they won, And I was kind of thinking that all along in my head for some reason. And I've heard a bunch of guys here say the same thing. He said, you have to prove you.
Speaker 6: Know how to win. And that's the bottom line for this game. Stats don't matter.
Speaker 8: The only thing that matters is you figure out how to win a game like this and I will rest my peace.
Speaker 6: Got something? Did you bring me food?
Speaker 14: Or is that just for you wings to right? Let me say this fellas, No, no, no, no, it's not nothing to do with y'all show for last players. Understand this here, I listen to the show before you guys, in the show before you guys.
Speaker 6: But we're so good.
Speaker 14: Yeah yeah, but I have to listen to all y'all.
Speaker 2: Stop.
Speaker 14: This game would not be decided on referee. This game will be deciding on players.
Speaker 6: I didn't say anything about that.
Speaker 2: The crew, I.
Speaker 14: Mean the first group that came on, like, hey, you know this guy y'all giving the thing.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I didn't know that.
Speaker 14: Like, stop, man, this would not be decided by reference.
Speaker 15: Well you know why, because somebody is gonna make a call.
Speaker 2: The league is gonna make a would say is he hanging holders? When maybe hanging to make a bad come? Hold? Many? Are they dropping this? They dropping this?
Speaker 6: He just dropped them?
Speaker 5: Yeah you got you gotta picnic.
Speaker 15: Yeah, man, we're gonna beat the breaks off you dude. Hey, when I'm putting this down, hold on beat breaks. The score probably probably be like five to three.
Speaker 5: Okay, five, Hey, what that sound like?
Speaker 2: Detroit Lions Dallas.
Speaker 7: By doing right right fives effort.
Speaker 6: Thirty five twenty one.
Speaker 3: Nineteen seventy. Mel Renfro had interceptions in the game, and the great Verne Lundquist said, listen to this mad house crowd.
Speaker 10: Raw.
Speaker 5: That's what's going to happen.
Speaker 14: On They probably giving away free drinks that game that given out alcohol.
Speaker 6: They were dry, yeah, guarantee you.
Speaker 2: All right, so beat the breaks off these dudes.
Speaker 3: The flasks you bring you bring a flask to the game back in the day.
Speaker 5: That's right, Okay. That does it for mixed shots and.
Speaker 3: It will be a victory Monday on Monday at high noon.
Speaker 2: Go Cowboys, there you go.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club