Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Bros. MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by Bet three six five at five bucks. Get one hundred and fifty bonus bets when you do when you use the promo code leading Off at Bet three six five. It's me Joey p That's the Welsh and it's you, the Peanuts and the Cracker Jackson. We are very excited today because Welsh, we did it again. And when I say we, I mean all of you. Really, at the end of the day, we're just the facilitators. We're the window dressing. You guys are the YouTube channel and you did it twenty thousand subscribers. Let's go, baby, very excited about this. We hit the twenty k on Friday after the show, Welsh. What a time to be alive. This is exciting and we've got another special brand of stupidity coming for our audience because we are men of our word and we are pretty dumb at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't. I don't know how much of a secret. We want to keep the whole thing we can, but yeah, we hit it. I remember I don't remember what the number was. I want to say it's a twelve or something about when I came about maybe it was even less. I'm not sure, maybe it was under ten. But twenty k is huge. It is literally thanks to you, you guys literally subscribed. But it is pushing baseball more and more, which we want. You guys are awesome and Joe and I will make absolute asses of ourselves in the very near future. As in the plan on Friday. So Friday is going to be, in theory a pretty big show.
Speaker 1: Yes, make sure you tune in live on Friday. You're not gonna want to miss this. We have some big plans going on for Friday and the theme of the show. Yeah, thanks to all of you. Oh yeah we do. Yeah, we get lots of plans. Yeah, it's gonna be sure. You don't want to miss it for sure. Yeah. So let's get to some of the things you don't want to miss too, because besides twenty K, unfortunately Trey Turner he's gonna be out six weeks with a hamstring injury, which is a bit of a bummer because you have a much better start to the season that he did last year. So that all becomes how do you approach this because not a lot there on the waiver wire at the position to get super excited about. If Junior Caminaro, however, comes up and he's still available in your league, he qualifies a shortstop, that would be where I'd be looking for the six weeks. But where are you looking for the one to two week range as you're trying to figure out how to replace Turner in your lineup?
Speaker 2: Because it's well we actually someone tweeted us this interesting article Tampa Bay Tribune, I think it was, and it was it was another cold water situation being put on Junior Cameronaro and the whole race situation, and I've continuously kind of broken it down. They could easily get him in at d H if they wanted. Right now they're not, and maybe that's due to some playing time things, and maybe you know, the only thing I haven't done and I'm probably not gonna be able to do here properly, but I should be have looked and seen what the current game log looks like for Junior Cameronaro. Has it been solely third base? Has it been a lot of shortstop? Because it might be one of those situations where they're going to want to continue working at a at a certain spot before we're actually gonna be able to get junior camera up here. So back to your question of you know where you're going with it, it's probably not going to be in the Philly side. I wanted to say a guy like zach Netto started kind of bouncing back up. He said a good couple of weeks. Maybe that's somebody that you can go and bounce to. But interestingly, all these prospects that we're getting up, none of them are really in the space of infielders. It's like first baseman and outfielders through and through, and we're going to talk about the biggest one today. So zach Netto might be one, but unfortunately trade turners the type of guy you just aren't gonna find the proper replacement for. You're gonna have to go out a position to make up probably most of those stolen bases. By the way I did it that whole time. Kevin Arrow has not played a single game at shortstop this year. It has been no qualify, but he is only third base in the minors so far this year. The only thing I was bringing that up is that theory of like would they kick Caballero to the to the curb, so camin Aro could play some shortstop. Doesn't look like it, so this would have to be a Parades goes to DH or him and Keman aar.
Speaker 1: That movie for It's one of my favorite eighties films. Parades goes to DH. Oh, such a good this is a classic. I think John Candy was in that. Paradis goes to DH. I'm just looking around the waiver wire right now. Miguel Rojas, the Dodgers last fifteen days has been pretty good. Rochio, like it's it's tough out there in the streets right now. Like I'm just saying, like it's is not the best situation.
Speaker 2: You have to make some moves. You're gonna have to make some moves here in the very near future. Trade video coming out in the next twenty four hours for some of those trades.
Speaker 1: All right, you kind of tease this, so let's get to it. The Guardians are gonna promote Kyle Manzardo from Triple A. Today is the day, y'all three oh three, three seventy five, six forty two slash nine Dingers twenty Ribies in twenty nine games. So expectations I picked him up are high. Picked him up in our Fantasy pros ESPN league, so I'm excited to stash him all my benchers like a two player bench on there, so you know a lot of space. So I had to drop James Wood for him. But you know what, Manzardo's up now. I think that's a move I make. So expectations for Manzardo going through here. We're talking about maybe him playing some first dah a little bit him and they are kind of going back and forth in that role. Do you think that's going to be the case.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is the Manzalorian time, because this is the way for Kyle Manzardo with an under twenty percent k percentage in the miners, which I think was huge as a strikeout rate started to rise a little bit last year. He'd always been a really low strikeout guy, and I think people forgot that, but with the K rate coming up and the batting average sinking over that last year, everyone forgot how good he was. AFL he comes out here, reestablishes. Go back and listen to my interview with him. You want to hear like this really smart, intuitive guy that he is on my Prospect one podcast, and you know you can hear him talk about, you know, his approach to hitting and how those adjustments and things he didn't work on last year with the Rays, how those things change going into the Fall League where he started hitting the ball for average again, did all his things, and it's translated all of that blah blah blah. It translates into this year of him hitting over three hundred, super low strikeout rate and eleven percent walk rate, nine homers destroyed, and now you have a situation where the outfielder hits the il in kwan they've been put in, which is like ridiculous. They had been putting Estevan Floriel and Will Brennan at that DH spot. Well, now those guys plus David Fry apparently are all going to work on the outfield. So this should be kalmen Zardo playing, I assume almost every day at DH. I think that's where they're going to start, maybe a day or two flip with Josh Naylor. So he is going to struggle a little bit. If the team is looking for more flexibility, that'll be a problem. But you know, the like he has the blueprint of what the Guardians want, low strikeouts, high walks, and the thing that not a ton of them do big power. So I think this is a guy that could absolutely crush some homers love to see him that higher in the lineup. I'm not having full expectations of it, but I am maybe a bit more optimistic than most on Calm Manzarto. So yeah, he's kind of a must pick up. And you know, I'm taking him over Heston Kerstein, who you know had been put into that platoony role, that type I got maybe Joey Loper, Fido like those players. I want Manzarto over Graffito.
Speaker 1: Thing drives me a little crazy. I gotta say, Like, I mean, I know Singleton's been hitting, but still I think that's probably the only reason. If Singleton has been struggling here in the last week, I could see, you know, you give him a shot. I get it, man, Like, what are we doing here? Like, let's move to the future a little bit, because the Astros are a team that did lose those draft picks, and at some point in time that's going to come to fruition in this organization. Right, you got players who are older, Yeah you got Alvarez, Yeah you got Tucker, But you need the low grafitos. To get acclimated to the major league level, you need these young guys to hit it, like literally and figuratively. Here if you're the astro, so not giving him playing time and bringing him up, it's like, what are we doing here? I'd you bother doing that if you're not gonna get him in there every single day. I just don't get it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean the rookie platoons are pretty difficult. I think like that's like kursed odd Like bringing cursed out up and then only having him hit in a platoon. That can be difficult. That's actually one of the reasons why so many of these guys when they struggle or when a guy comes back that they were replacing, the team is like, yeah, this guy is good enough to be a major leaguer, but they've got to go down to play every single day. I don't think it's advantageous for a lot of rookies to be doing really any sitting early on, and I'm hoping the guardians are going to be aggressive, but we've also seen just a massive onslaught of lack of production. We call it like bat x victory lapping of rookies stinking so you know, I don't believe.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's's gonna break this cycle. It's gonna be Paul Skins that's gonna come in there. He's gonna just blow the doors off anybody. Old man Imanaga so far, the old rookie. He's been the best rookie. Let's let's just call it what it is. He's been the best rookie. I don't want to hear any other nonsense. Luis Arise got traded. Marlins are like, what's today May We're out of it. We're out of it. It's over. It's gonna throw our hands up. What a what an organization the Marlins are. And it's funny. This was the team last year they played well. This is the team last year that competed. I just you throw your hands up, I guess at the end of the day. So Arise is now going to be the leadoff guy. So that's a good situation. He's going to a better lineup. The guys hitting behind him are much better. It's not going to change the perspective all that much. The run total will be higher, RBI total will still be low. The batting average will be always what it is, which is high above three hundred. But is there a false sense in the market now of a Rise being worth more than he is because of this trade to San Diego? And also I want to get your take on some of the prospects that move back to because you are the prospect.
Speaker 2: Guy and I know all these prospects because it was with the Padres. First off.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know personally, like you hang out with them, kind of know them.
Speaker 2: We're like, no, not like personally. I mean I've hung around some of.
Speaker 1: Them a little bit after hours clubs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm too old, Like can you imagine, Like I.
Speaker 1: Think they're too old? These guys just go back to their hotel rooms to play video games. Now it's not the eighties anymore, that's true.
Speaker 2: It's actually very funny. Like the Potters facility too. They've got like these these like not hotels, but like like apartments and stuff that are right next to it, and all these guys stay there. So they like have like their little like electric bikes and they just cruise around the facility and you see him going through the parking lot and then they'll be like one guy with you know that you know baller car that like seven of them jump into like it's just a weird space.
Speaker 1: That would be a funny idea for a TV show. Actually, now that I'm thinking almost like he's down kind of show. No, like an older player who is like making his comeback, and he's like trying to interact with all these young guys. Yeah, don't go out or anything.
Speaker 2: Or they're jose Bray, you thirty six year olds hanging out with like twenty two year olds and yeah.
Speaker 1: But like they all have social anxiety and they don't want to go outside. They just want to play mad and he wants to go out.
Speaker 2: And you know, oh yeah he's trying to take a girls take him to clubs.
Speaker 1: And yeah, like I think that would be hilarious.
Speaker 2: I mean that was It wasn't. I didn't He's finding down kind of do that and then.
Speaker 1: I know, like he went to the Mexican League, but that was a whole other kind of weirdness.
Speaker 2: Like, Yeah, I like your idea. I mean, I mean, Joe you can play that, Carrett You'll be but yes, all sense of security, I completely agree. Trade video. I am going to talk about Louisa Rise because I do think this is one of those situations you take a perceivably I mean, he's a better real life player than fantasy. I'm not really sure that's majorly arguable outside of points leagues, but you take a rise out of that. You put him into the padres and there's this excitement he's leading off. Runs will go up one hundred percent, but he's still not going to hit homers. It's a worse hitter environment. He doesn't steal bases. So I take this false sense of excitement and I want to trade. So yeah, I completely agree with what you were saying about that. On the prospect side, it was a huge trade. Dylan Head was the big main guy on this. He was just drafted huge speed, kind of a smaller guy that has built into his body into a way that it's like, if this guy starts hitting fifteen plus homers, he's the type of guy that can feel fit fifty US, steal fifty plus bases out of Chicago. Very interesting guy. Bat has not picked up, but he's the big core. Jacob Marcy is the other one that I have been just very vocal about for a really long time because he was great in the AFL. I think he is a tooled out outfielder who can hit. He's shown big massive ability to hit for power, not like massive power, but he's shown the ability to connect and barrel the ball. So I think there's fifteen plus homer power in there, and he can steal the crap out of Basis. So I love the Jacob Marci one. I thought he could break camp with the team, so that was a shock to me. They also got Nathan Martarella, who some have comped to Kyle Manzardo. I don't think it's really there, but he's got some good power and Woo stuck go the reliever is going to be going over there. So you've got like Wu and Marcy who are probably the closest major league guys who will get time this season. So keep an eye out for Jacob Marcy now because they're going to probably trade Jazz Chisholm. The rumors are out there. At some point it's going to happen.
Speaker 1: That's the stunning on Like I'm trying to figure out what that hall looks like for jazzism. Its still a relative, very young player with a ton of upside, Like you're gonna have to pay through the nose to get.
Speaker 2: Him a look a lot bigger than that one. And I and I got to tell you a lot bigger.
Speaker 1: Oh. I if it doesn't, then the Marlins have failed.
Speaker 2: I think the Marlins did a good job. They didn't get any of the big pitching prospects from the Padres, but they got all the hitting prospects from them, So I actually think they did.
Speaker 1: A really good job in your opinion, Like what team.
Speaker 2: Well, I saw a lot of the fun rumors about the Dodgers would be looking at it, and Miguel Rojas and and him would be, you know, right back at it. I think a team like the pot the Mariners would make a lot of sense. You know, they've needed some more outfield help. That would be a guy that can get on the bases a little bit more. That's just one that came to top of mind, you know, Yankee. I mean, I think there's handfuls of winning teams that would want to look into, maybe the Phillies. It's just what assets the teams have to give away. I think the Mariners would have assets. But the whole point of that is is he's going to be traded at some point, and it may not take the trade. Jacob Marcy will be the guy that gets some time this year and he's probably got a chance to hit high in the lineup, So I don't know if he's going stash now or if you have na spots. Sure, but keeping a lookout for him, and I would pick Marcy up when he becomes available because the speed, the runs in the batting average will play probably better than the power. But he might be a fantasy dude.
Speaker 1: What about the what about the Rays?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the Rays stink they're awful, Like what would they They don't why.
Speaker 1: They need to get balls to the offense.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, I just don't know if that would. I don't know if they're looking to make moves.
Speaker 1: Hear me out, The Rays stink, they're awful. Now next year they get Springs him McLanahan back, and all of a sudden, this rotation looks like a lot more formidable. And now you've got Kevin Arrow, you got Chisholm, you've got Heritis. All of a sudden, you're like, whoa, this is a team now, Like this is not a deal.
Speaker 2: This is great.
Speaker 1: Has a couple of years left on his deal, doesn't not?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'd have to look at what it is.
Speaker 1: I want to say, let's drop us in the chat walk, you know all the answers to these things. Let us know how much time was left for gas Chism. Was he on the clock? Let's get to the rest of the headlines though, great stuff. Well breaking down the prospects there months ye three homers this weekend in one game and ten strikeouts for him. Glass now up at the top, by the way, in this conversation for for saw Young as I predicted he would be. Indeed, John means eight strikeout, seven shoutout endings and a win over the Red So great start for him. And speaking of returns, Justin Steele is back today, Welsh Are you starting Justin Steele today?
Speaker 2: I am, I actually am really tempted to take the strikeout prop on him. It's it's relatively low. It's just the padres. They don't strike out a ton and even I mean there's like I think, god seven pitchers all year. It might be a few more that have had five or more strikeouts against him starting pitchers. They're just not a big strikeout team. Justin Stiel has had some really good runs either way, it's exciting. I think you can put him out there. It's a tough matchup with a Rise at the top of the lineup. But yeah, I'll put Justin Steel right back out there. I feel less confident about Bueler than I do Justin Steel. I just saw somebody mention we're getting Steel and Bueler back today. Bueler me, I don't know, maybe Justin Steele.
Speaker 1: Yes, there you go. Some people have both of them going. There you go. Look at Kyle. Kyle's running against the He's like Icarus. He's up there, flying right close to the sun.
Speaker 2: I love it, Kyle.
Speaker 1: You do you, girl? You do you? All right? Before we get to more ups and downs from the Major League Baseball weekend, don't forget everybody. We've got fun stuff to get away, including a tropy Smack Fantasy Baseball Championship Belt. Hit us up right now on the YouTube channel by following us twenty thousand. Come join the party, baby, comment on any of the videos, and of course, this trophy Smack Fantasy Baseball Championship Belt can be yours. I love it like the cross.
Speaker 2: I know a great day to give this away. I know a great day to give that belt away.
Speaker 1: Joe, Oh, I do too. I think Friday would be a good day to give it away. I have to check and see how much longer we're running after promotion. Ye could be, could be a great day. Here's some fun stuff. Logan Gilbert eight shut out it seriously, please everybody listen to me. Just invest in Seattle. Okay, this pitching staff is insanely good there. Hopefully Kirby's okay, but like this pitching staff is gonna be so good and it's one hundred and sixty two game season. Please invest in Seattle in your shares and futures. Twenty twenty four major league debut, which is a big you know what. Twenty twenty War debut for Alec Manoa. Alec Manoa did Alec Minoa thing? Seven run, six earned good for you? And Jose God yeaht all still four bases and that's a pretty impressive thing. It was against the Mets, but whatever. Speaking of the Mets, Christian Scott looked really good in his first outing, six strikeouts, one run, over six and two thirds. He pitched it to the seventh inning. I had to like do one of those like cartoon things where I rubbed my eyeballs and I went Christian Scott's in the seventh inning is still happening there? And look, it was a terrific outing for him. I don't want to see Tyl R mcgil. I don't want to see Adrian Howser is already into the ballpen. I don't even see him anymore. I don't need to see Sean and I I need to see the future. If I'm the Mets fan, the futures. Now, stop wasting Christian Scott in Tripla, stop wacing bhutto let these guys just pitch through. Senga's on his way back. Your thoughts on the Christian Scott.
Speaker 2: Start, Yeah, Wan, I'm trying to pull up some of the stat cast stuff because I think it's interesting. Here we go. But I watched some of the start. He was like five innings and the reason he went so long was because it was like five innings in with like fifty pitches. I had likened some of his stuff too, similar to like really, actually what you want more from Brandon fought because you know he'll implement like sinker sweeper. They keep going back and forth. It's kind of like a it is a splitter. Sometimes they qualified as a change up, which is super weird. But he was great eighteen swing and whiffs in this game thirty five percent csw thirty five percent swing and whiff rate. He had eight whiffs on the fastball, six on the sweeper, and four on the slider sweep, just you know, flies a little bit further down. The splitter did a little bit of setting up. It's so funny thinking about when I said about Logan Gilbert, where it was like, you know, really good fastballs set up the splitters, and he's just been amazing, And in this case, the splitter was just kind of an offering to keep to keep guy eyes honest because his fastball was so great and he was pumping his fastball up high. He showed really elite command, which was great. We said last week and I said, like, this is a great matchup for him to you know, go up against the Rays and not hitting a lot of homers, and he was efficient. He looked fantastic. I don't know how they justify him not being in the rotation for a little bit longer. He's going to get some more bullets. But the command, the poise, and the efficiency I thought were really really key. He didn't get like rattled, you know, they never really got to him. So I thought the swing and whiffs were great. I think the pitch mix is better, and he really was like everything I expected from when we first saw Brandon fought in those years of being able to kind of control the different points of his own fastball up over sweeper, you know, boom, splitter down like it's really really unique.
Speaker 1: What he does look impressive first outing, and I know Tampa struggling offensively, but still impressive. Mason Black will be promoted from triple to start today against the Phillies, so we see how that goes. One e r point nine whip, twenty nine strikeouts, eight walks, twenty six innings so far. What are your scouting reports about Mason Blacks as a guy people should be adding or no?
Speaker 2: Not against the Phillies.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't say start, I can say add.
Speaker 2: I think you gotta wait. I think you gotta speculate. What I will say is what he just did in the PCL. You have to acknowledge, like you putting up a one era in the PCL and not getting obliterated. That alone is worth paying attention to. But he's a big fastball slider guy. I don't like this matchup, and I'll be honest with you in my prospect report, I put Carson wizen Hunt, even who is a level lower than him, above him, just because I also think they might want to look at adding some lefties to the rotation at some point, and you know that is that is Carson wizen Hunt. But we'll wait and see. But I do think the the PCL numbers are something to pay attention to because that is a usually explosive environment. And he is absolutely dominated here and he's in a pitcher friendly place, so that's great, but not this matchup, not against the Phillies overall. I'm gonna if you want to get him on the bench, I mean, Zach Wheeler, I'm betting against him today. I'm betting against Mason Black.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too, Jackson Cherio, Oh for two more of the rookie lookie stuff right here again. Not a great slash two nineteen two sixty five three fifty two, four homers, thirteen RBI, six deals. Though here's my thing, striking out too much thirty five strikeouts. That was the thing in one hundred and fourteen played appearances that you were talking about, Like the strikeout right, Cheerio could be a little bit of a problem early on. Look he's a green player, he's young. I'd be buying everywhere. I'd be buying everywhere. I think it's the kind of kid. Either one or two things are gonna happen. He's either going to pick it up at the major league level or he gets sent back down. Here's a cover off the wall, trip play comes back and as good the rest of the season. That's typically what happens a confidence builder thing. So either of those two outcomes for Cherio, in my opinion, I'm buying. So I'm good with that. Chase the laughter, by the way, broken foot, so he's gonna miss some time. That was a guy early in the season we talked about maybe at some point, but again, Manzardo, it's all about the man child. Three up and three down Threek Scuoble another good outing for him. He is at the top of the boy right now for the cy young Grace, folks, don't look now. He's ahead of Corbyn Burns. We're gonna do an episode on betting pros by the way, where I'm gonna catch everybody up this week on the futures market. Do that once a month kind of thing. Just kind of set the tone for what's going on with the awards and the futures and the team totals and spoiler, it's gonna be a lot of seattle stuff in there. But also Anthony Santander three for four with a homer, two runs scored five ribbis eleven and excuse me, an eleven to one win over the Reds. And then showe Otani with a four for four but not one but two dingers, show hey is red hot. Three down, Logan Webb, that's so great? Five runs, four earned six hits. Not the best four ings of work, so Logan web some downstars. Freddy Peralta. Two of the last three starts been rocky for him. Six walks again the control issues there for Peralta, which there were none of them in the first like four or five starts, and all of a sudden, the last couple got a little wacky there. And Eduard Julian you gotta just ride the wave. It seems like it's gonna be these days. Struck out all three times at some point there against the Red So there you go, as they say, you know, there's gonna be some ups and some downs in those spots. I'm sorry right now, I can't quite see the chat. I don't know what's going on there on the on stream yard something got wacky there. I got an alert, so apologies that I can't bring your comments.
Speaker 2: They're talking, they're just look at all these things they're saying about Joe. Oh yeah, good. You can't see the chat Joe. They're just they're just smack talking right now.
Speaker 1: So it's just like normal, okay. Good injury news, The Padres put Joe Musgrove on the io with a right triceps tendonitis. Welsh, you got the good start, the best start of the year from Musgrove, and he's off to the il.
Speaker 2: Your thoughts, Yeah, a little behind the scenes for you. So my trade video, oh yeah, pull the curtain back a little bit. I recorded the trade video. I do it on Sundays. I had. I had a whole thing I wrote up about Joe Musgrove and why to sell. And it's not like the you know, huge crazy thing because his stats stink. But it was like, you just got this awesome start, and I was open to the possibility. Oh maybe this is the start of it, but nothing tells you that it was. So I was selling it and then an hour later he got put on the il, so I had to revamp from it and take him off there. But yeah, this is this is horrific. Everything about this has been a bad It's been a bad start to the year, last year, so many things, more injuries. I still stand firm to it. If he gets back, comes back, I probably am gonna sell, like if you have the opportunity to get out once he gets back. I know it's hard beggars being choosers with starting pitchers right now, but if he can return stack a starter or two, I'm moving out on it. But yeah, this is no boinno. This is bad news.
Speaker 1: I see your comments, Jake Watkins, because now I'm watching on the YouTube channel too, so I see you. That's right. You want to talk smack about me when my back is turned. That's okay, I love you.
Speaker 2: I was actually joking, by the way, I noticed that. Yeah, on our back end the comments stopped here, but on the YouTube.
Speaker 1: I can see him going, well, I want to make sure that everyone could still comment, because.
Speaker 2: Are they talking smack? I was just making that up.
Speaker 1: But now Welsh has a handsome devil. Somebody wanted to know where you got the cream colored Arizona Diamondbacks hat at the stadium.
Speaker 2: Actually, both of my Diamondbacks hats for whatever reason, I only get them when I go to games, and I'm a sucker. My wife she is so upset with the hats. I actually had to buy one of those things.
Speaker 1: And where she's got like five thousand hats.
Speaker 2: No, but it's a long hanging rack that you can put hats in in the closet and I stack them. I'm gonna have to probably get another one soon. So what I'm waiting for is, at some point people used to send me hats. We're gonna just get like more minor league hats sent and stuff like that, and it's gonna be like Wonky Wonky has an impressive walk to my base her hats. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Seriously, Yeah, Welsh's gonna be in the shed pretty soon. The Mariners with George Kirby underwent a precautionary MRI on his right knee, So let's see what that brings us. Evan Phillips, hopefully you only have to be the minimums day on the injured list. Edward Rodriguez undergoing additional testing on his lat, so stay tuned for that, folks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were just testing it. He's by the way, EDWARDO. They said they were just testing and because he said he was feeling good and if the things or solid that he would then go out and start throwing program and we would see him pretty soon and I would probably see him. It was in a complex league, all complex rookie ball just started on Saturday. I'm gonna do a breakdown about it on Prospect one and I'm gonna actually go out later today and I might you've seen Johnny Cuato. Johnny Cuato might be pitching in one of these complex games.
Speaker 1: But Eduardo Joe, he's old enough at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: Seriously, Johnny Quato is like God, that's like fifteen years ago. John.
Speaker 2: You know what's great about this show. By the way, this idea of the show is you also have you know how you have to a lot of shows have that, like Villain of the Week. You have to have the storylines. You could have this ever connecting storyline, but you every single week could just have some like special actor come in and they could play a major league that's rehabbing while this guy's trying to get that.
Speaker 1: You just have.
Speaker 2: I love your show idea. I have seen producers follow us on Twitter. There's got to be a producer out there.
Speaker 1: There's a few. I'm sure they'll steal it from us and we'll get nothing out of it.
Speaker 2: That's yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way, Don Shaw is gonna set me off. Who are we taking going forward? Pages or j Rod?
Speaker 2: They're they're trying to pay Hoss.
Speaker 1: By the way, I don't get good No pas Pages, I don't care what we want to call.
Speaker 2: Him, No gold jacket, green jacket.
Speaker 1: Who seriously, bro, I'm gonna lose it. Uh. Pepio, who had been so good by the way, Uh, he unfortunately left his start yesterday, so we'll keep an eye on.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen any update. I haven't it, but yeah, he got hit the shin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my guesses were okay here, Like I don't want to lose Pepio. He indeed been. But I'm telling you away, next year that raised rotation, it's gonna be pretty good. It's gonna be pretty solid. Stephen Kwan to the I l of ten days for the hamstring, A white Langford is gonna be placed in the isle at some point. I see people in the chat have been bitching about this since the ship started.
Speaker 2: Missus I can't.
Speaker 1: Why can't everyone just go on the ale when they tell us? Why do we have to wait in fantasy for all these sights to like do like it's so frustrating.
Speaker 2: We are finally in the space I will relent because I haven't been. We're in the space in Redraft where you could cut White Langford. You're better suiting to put him on the ayel and wait for it. No, but seriously, now it's a perfect thing. Now, this is like the best thing that could happen. Is the iyel stand for him? No, it is because if you can put him on the aisle. But there's a lot of people that have these like ten and short, shallow twelve man leagues that are like, should I make this move? Should I make that? Like Langford's been okay, Like all of these rookies have just been okay. In Redraft, you can make some of those cuts. But great opportunities in Dynasty across the board for all of these prospects fatigued people.
Speaker 1: All right, Grayson Rodriguez through a flat ground. Garrett Whitlock said he felt good after bullpen session. Christian Javier looks to rejoin the Astro's rotation. Earlier in this week and as I mentioned before, Quodai senga live bullpen session Saturday. So there you have it, everybody. Hey Welsh, you know what time it is. It's Monday. You know what that means, I do. It's time for the best bets of the day with Joey p and the Welsh. Make sure you're making your wages over on a bet three six five. Go right now, sign up bet five bucks, get one hundred and fifteenponent's bets. When you do, when use the promo code of leading offense one word leading off it's easy to remember. At bet three six five the Welsh. Let's talk about what we got ahead of us today. You and I are both on Cole Reagan's but I want to start here with the Mariners instead on the money line minus one twenty six against the Twinkies here. I love this opportunity. The Mariners to me again, this is a team that I'm buying everywhere. The Twins offense right now, you see, you know, Julian striking out a ton yesterday, Buxton's hurt, like this is a team that's still waiting for whenever you eventually you get Royce Lewis back. That's when the Twinkies will start looking like the Twinkies again. But until then, you know, they're just gonna be the Twinkies and not the Twins. So I'm going with the Mariners on the money line. The Phillies we mentioned before, going against a rookie pitcher. Look, maybe this rookie pitcher has been fantastic, you know, Mason Black has been really good at tripa A so far. But he's going up against Zach Wheeler today in Philadelphia, four o'clock in the afternoon. No, thank you. Give me the Phillies on the run line minus one and a half here plus money. I can't believe you're getting plus one to weight on this. By the way, actually, let me reset that because I'm wrong. It's not against the A set. It's against the Giants. Wrong, wrong team today for.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's bay Area.
Speaker 1: You have the right, no, but it's it's this is upsetting. See it's Monday. I got a case of the Mondays today.
Speaker 2: We had to get up earlier. I am, I had to get up there.
Speaker 1: We talked about this earlier, and we talked about it and it was the wrong team. And now we're gonna say, Joe doesn't even know who's playing today, and that's gonna be the U two comments and you're right. I made a mistake. I will own it. It's the Giants today. I put this together at six thirty in the morning, so my head is a little off. So there you go. Phillies still Zach Wheeler, still on the run line, still against the Giants plus money give it to me. Royals on the run line minus one and a half as well. You're getting minus one oh five. It's a good number against the Brewers. The Brewers the last fifteen days Welsh they have struck out more than any other team except for one. So this lineup right now is big time struggle bus which is why I also for the parlay of the day, like Cole Reagans over six and a half strikeouts at minus one oh four. You can then pivot if you want to go really heavy and at your number, you can get the Royals right now on the run line minus one and a half. But if you want to play a little safer for the parlay, which I think I do, Royals money line minus one forty two. Cole Reagan's over six and a half strikeouts. You put them together, you get plus one eighty seven and it would be more like three or four to one on the other side, depending on where you're betting it. Obviously for the Royals run line with Cole Reagan's, but I think the money line is the safer of the two for the parlay. So despite the fact that I confuse my Bay Area teams for a moment, it's Monday. You gotta shake the dust off the weekend, Welsh, what do you have for the folks for the bets of the day.
Speaker 2: I'm on similar stuff, exactly what you're talking about here. Philly minus one and a half against the A's or the Giants or combined. It doesn't really matter because I this is Zach Wheeler play to me. We talked about Mason Black. He has been awesome. He's dominated the PCL. I actually think that is what is driving a lot of some of the low totals that are kind of you know, going with this. It's plus money. I think I saw plus one fifteen for Philly be up by one and a half. I know Trey Turner losing trade Turner it definitely has an effect on this. But I'm backing I'm backing Zach Wheeler shutting this team down. I really like that Phillies eighth in scoring in baseball right now. But again, this is a Wheeler versus a rookie pitcher situation, So yes, give me Philly minus one and a half on the run line. You mentioned Cole Reagans. That's also one of my plays. The strikeout numbers, they're actually a little bit more tantalizing today. There's quite a few that I kind of wanted to do. The justin Steel one Luis Castillo is interesting against a team that strikes out like crazy because I'm kind of interested in that, But I'm settling on Cole Reagan's. You know you mentioned on the as far as your strikeout stat he has been putting some good strikeout games together. Is as far as, like you know, him being able to get big swing and whiffs. I'm not sure that that is going one hundred percent playing in but it's a good k percentage matchup for him. And then I'm going with a total bass play. And there's actually a couple that I like, but the one I'm picking today Francisco Lindor total bases one and a half over. It's plus one fifteen and maybe better if you're looking around three p fifty two lifetime average against Kyle Gibson. He has five hits over his last four games, and four of those five hits extra bases. So give me over two to one and a half two total bases for Francisco Lindor on even money. Yes, please, those are my bets, and I might drop a few more over the next couple hours.
Speaker 1: There you go. You can follow us over at bettingpros dot com slash Welsh and slash Joe to see we're betting every single day and download the app for yourself and join our little club, our little group bettingpros dot Com slash leading Off. It's free. You don't even have to make bets. You just have to make picks, have some fun with us. It's just it's a good time. It's a good time at the end of the day. Let's do that. And I apologize. And you know what I think. When I was thinking Mason Black, I started to think about Mason Miller and my eternal love for him, and then it became the giants became the a's.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that you care. I don't care, I say my brain is going to gajillion miles of mick. I've looked at everything all day, so if I mess it up, I'm like, oh wow, that was dumb, stupid brain of mine. But I'm not to let it beat me up. I'm not gonna let that one go.
Speaker 1: Who'd you yesterday, Joe Aaron Judge? You know it's gonna be Otani. Ha. That's right. Stick it, and that, my friends, is the best bets of the day again. Download the betting pros apps. Start betting smarter, not harder, please, and when you make your bets, do it at bet three sixty five with that promo code leading off Welsh. My home run call the day is, of course show Hey Otani, That's where I'm going here. I did not get a chance to upload the new board yet, so let me do that while you make your home run call, and then we'll take a look and see what the tail of tape from the weekend was.
Speaker 2: Feel you should have been obligated to pick an A for your home run call today for that mess up, you should be obligated to pick shy lngliers or something like that. Uh, you know, I did think about Francisco indoor. I think that's a good play. Bryce Harper was another that I was just kind of sitting around on, but I ended up settling on Bobby ah.
Speaker 1: Making us today.
Speaker 2: I'm going Bobby Wad Junior. Bobby Wad Junior. He's got a great home run matchup against the pitcher.
Speaker 1: Who you started off so well today.
Speaker 2: And I'm forgetting who they're phasing, but I love Bobby wind Coat. It was a long brain Milwaukee.
Speaker 1: No long weekend, A lot of stuff going on here, but let's look at the board here. I stripped us away to our bare bones for us.
Speaker 2: To make us naked again.
Speaker 1: That was very scary. Here, here you go. Here's the home run board. I'm hanging by a thread of ten. Still I got to eight this weekend.
Speaker 2: I got to freaking eight, and I was like, there's a chance I could make the board.
Speaker 1: Chance, not one on this, not on the board yet there so ten right now for me, Welsh is at eight, so close, but still the top is still the thirteen. So look, there's plenty of time in this one. And you're giving away a Vladimir Guerrero autographed that hopefully vlad Guerrero. By the way, Vlad Guerrerol. Your comments on his season so far be where we had.
Speaker 2: Been super underwhelming Grand Slam this week.
Speaker 1: I had high expectations for him though, everybody at the Grand Slam this weekend. But I'm just saying, like, is that like I went. I want something like that to be the thing that like spurs him and turns him around like slow April. We can all kind of handle that. But I feel like the general buzz in the baseball community was, hey, Vlad's in great shape. Vlad was hurt all of last year. This is going to be a return to greatness for Vlad, and it hasn't happened yet.
Speaker 2: I think it's there. I think when you're looking, when you're gonna look at like the underlying side of it. The second highest hard hit percentage of his career, currently highest walk percentage. He's barreling more than any other year except for twenty twenty one average. EV's good. His expected batting average is around forty higher ish right around that spot, thirty points higher than his current He's just the problem was was he was such a projections darling that the expectations were so high. If he ends up hitting two seventy five and hits thirty homers. That's kind of a disappointment. There'll be some point where the expectations finally kind of temper a little bit. But I think he's still a great buy. He's starting to click murdered mckenzi gore on that Grand Slam this weekend, so it's a good time to buy once he gets going. Also, his K percentage just gone up while walking, so that I think that is putting yourself in some bad counts which are going to change. And we saw some of this last year with the Blue Jays too, Vlad and Bobashett getting killed on sliders and stuff like that. I think that's going to just I think he's going to be in a good spot and he's a pretty good bye right now.
Speaker 1: Big huge shout out to all of you, the Peanuts of the Cracker Jacks. Well, I want to say when you came in here, we had eight thousand on the YouTube channel when you first came in.
Speaker 2: You know that number sounds about right.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm as when you came in and start doing the show with me, and now it's twenty two years later, and all I can say is to everybody, this is a little engine that could. And it's because of all of you who join us live here, the people who are in the discord, the people who are making home run calls. And if you're just a listener of the show too, because you don't have time, because you're actually, you know, working for a living and doing what you're supposed to be doing. Instead, I'm watching us, and you're listening back to the podcast, or you're watching all the videos. Go drop the comments and the reviews, the five star reviews over on wherever you get your podcasts, because again, this is your show. It's our show collectively. And let me say this, that's what's been so fun about this kind of ride here.
Speaker 2: And you know you deserve a lot of credit because I haven't been here the whole time. There no credit, no, no, you've been here since day one. You help push this and in turn, for many different reasons, you're one of the reasons that I have a full time job in the industry. Not just because of obviously the our friendship and what you've done for me, but you started this up. You push the baseball agenda even higher here at Fantasy Pros, And then I like to think that I got to you know, join in and help make it better. And I've been here for more than half of the growth and it is amazing. And you guys should know the care that Fantasy Pros puts into wanting baseball to be more and more.
Speaker 1: And we get all the people, our buddy joe A Ricos joining the Fantasy Pros team. That's very exciting. So if you love baseball, you know, a couple of years ago, I said there's an opening in this space for baseball and people who love it and want something that's smart and stupid. And if there's anything that's smart and stupid, it's me and the Welsh. And we appreciate all of you being with us for both those. And make sure you tune in on Friday, because Friday is good.
Speaker 2: Of speaking, up coming, We're.
Speaker 1: Good on opening Day. You ain't see nothing yet, folks.
Speaker 2: Nope, it's gonna be amazing. Join with us Friday. It's gonna be the best twenty K celebration with all you guys. People, we gotta go.
Speaker 1: That's it all right, that'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes off for the Welsh. I'm Joey p. We'll see you next time, Gabe, He's kay I Open,