Speaker 1: You're listening to the Buck Sexton Show podcast, make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Why doesn't New York City want more migrants?
Speaker 3: This is the question that I am forced to ask right now because if you were to say, take a moment to listen to the mayor of New York City, in fact, listen to a number of different Democrat politicians and states, we'll get into that in a moment, you'd get the sense that migrants, migrants, which is our word for newly arrived illegal aliens who are scamming the asylum system. That's not what migrants means. You would think that somehow the arrival of these migrants wasn't some massive economic stimulus program. Which is so very strange because we've all been led to believe for so many years, the endless dream of assurances, of propaganda, that we're a nation not just of immigrants, but we're a nation of illegal immigrants. Illegal immigrants do the jobs Americans won't do. Illegal immigrants are the foundation of the New America. And if you have any problem with the violations of law or the lack of assimilation, the overwhelming of the assimilation process that we've had in this country for a very long time. You're a bad person, now, that was what we were all told. And yet here I am sitting here and being told by the Mayor of New York that this is a crisis that they have close to now one hundred thousand migrants who have ended up in New York City and the city is facing a multi multi billion dollars a projected twelve billion dollars. Now, that's what New York City is going to need to deal with the migrants. That's more than the budgets of the Fire Department, Parks Department, and one other department combined. I forget which one it is. It's a lot of money. It's a lot of money, no matter what city you're talking about. Here is Mayor Adams, though, telling everybody about this.
Speaker 1: Well, think about what happened in the last few months. We have created a funnel. All of the bordering states have now took the funnel right to New York City. Is that New York City is the economic engine of this entire state and country. If you decimate this city, you're going to decimate the foundation of what's happening. Look at Chicago, Los Angeles, of Houston, and now you're hear in the governor of Massachusetts. And so when people say what they have, we gave them one hundred million dollars billion dollar bill table we got there. When you see all the people that are just laying in the streets you.
Speaker 2: Walk by, it is jaw dropping, and the numbers.
Speaker 1: Keep coming and coming. When you think I don't have any more room at the ends of the space along with the unhoused people, we already have. Yeah, exactly, exactly exactly, And think about the miracle that took place over the last year in April when this really started coming from a governor who wanted to use people as ponds.
Speaker 3: Okay, so the mayor is first off, you gotta love the oh you know, this is a using people as pawns. Why are they being used as pawns? They said they wanted them. New York is a sanctuary city. New York City should be thrilled that all these migrants are showing up from the border illegals. Notice that we're all just slowly the drum beat of the language change filters into all of our consciousness. These are people who do not have a lawful right to be in the country. Now people are going to claim, They're going to say, oh, they want asylum. They are not asylum seekers. They do not have a specific and credible and real threat against their safety in their home country because of who they are. They also have all traversed through Mexico and they're almost overwhelmingly not Mexican nationals. To be clear, these are people from all over the world, a lot of them from Central and South America. Now, they didn't try to get asylum in Mexico, so that means that they're not actually looking for Oh my gosh, I need a place to be where I can be a safe human being because my own country is going to torture me, murder me, kill my family. And that's what asylum is for. I'm a political dissident. I'm going to end up in the gulag unless you take me in. That's what asylum is for. These people. They're not asylum seekers. They just have all gotten word through the coyotes. The smugglers, the cartel smuggling networks have been on this for a long time. They're making more money now, they estimate from the human smuggling, maybe even than the drug smuggling at some of the platzas some of the regions they control along the border. And so you say to yourself, We'll hold on a second. If they wanted to just be in a safe country, wouldn't they stop in Mexico. Wouldn't they stop in Mexico and say, hey, can I have asylum here? But that's not what they do, And why doesn't Mexico take them? Isn't racist that Mexico won't take in all these asylum seekers. They're gonna contribute to the economy. They're gonna do the jobs of Mexicans won't do. It's gonna be great. They're gonna flourish. It's gonna be amazing. What's the problem? Oh, you mean they're lying to you. You mean that the entire Democrat apparatus. You mean that all of the elites in Chicago, New York, La, d C. Who summer in enclaves of extreme wealth and who live in safe neighborhoods that people who are even or upper menial class could never even dream of affording.
Speaker 2: To live in.
Speaker 3: They're okay with the situation, or they had been okay with it until now. Yeah, because it didn't affect them. It was El Paso's problem, it was Mcallen's problem. But now it is midtown Manhattan's problem. Now it's on the streets of America's largest city. Now the mayor is crying out for more and more funding to house these individuals.
Speaker 2: Think about this. There's actually a New York Post piece on this.
Speaker 3: What is the calculation that is being made by these migrants, What is the incentive structure.
Speaker 2: I'm going to get back to that in a second.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about our sponsor, Tunnel to Towers. Tuttle to Towers Foundation has been supporting America's heroes and their families since September eleventh, two thousand and one. Like Franklin, Tennessee police officer Jeffrey Carson and his family. Officer Carson left a country music career behind to serve his community. He spent fourteen years with the Franklin Police Department before he suffered a fatal heart attack in the line of duty in twenty twenty two. Within weeks, Talent the Towers met with Officer Carson's wife and son to let them know they would never have to worry about their mortgage again. This is what the Foundation does When a first responder dies in the line of duty and leaves behind a young family, Talented Towers is there to take care of them. The Foundation has helped hundreds of first responder families across America by removing the burden of a mortgage. Thanks to supporters like you, join them on their mission. It only takes eleven dollars a month. I donate every month. Please donate if you can, go to t twot dot org. That's t the number two t dot org. Okay, So this New York Post piece on asylum seat and I got to tell you something. You try to find you try to find stories on this and if you're not using the term asylums, if you type in a legal alien.
Speaker 2: It doesn't even come come up. It doesn't even of peer.
Speaker 3: So that just shows you how much the language change is affecting everything and our perception of this as well. So now they're thinking about setting up they were going to do Central Park for these migrants. They're going to Randall's Island.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: I used to play all of my high school sports on Randall's Island. It's also next to a really scary looking psychiatric facility. Put that aside the Wards Island facility, which I believe houses the criminally insane. So that's where they you know, it's not this is not high value real estate. They're moving all of these individuals to Randall's Island to set up some kind of encampment there for them. So it's a refugee camp. That's what this is. When you take people who claim that they are something, because you're setting up a refugee camp on Randall's Island and this is what is happening right now. And I told you, but well, what's the incentive structure. Let's talk about the incentive structure for a moment. You come from, Let's say Venezuela. Venezuela, a not long ago, proud, beautiful, awesome country doing very well, destroyed by Marxism, by social justice. Just so everyone understands that, you know, the equity agenda, the social justice agenda completely flattened and annihilated the Venezuelan economy and destroyed everything along with it.
Speaker 2: Law and order.
Speaker 3: People's sense of just being able to live their lives with with any peace, with any stability destroyed because they the policies that AOC and Bernie want Venezuela. God just largest proven oil reserves in the world, and now it's a country that can't feed itself. But let's say you come from Venezuela, or even let let's say you come from Bolivia. I'll just I'll move to a different country. You come to Bolivia, you are going to be housed when you get here. When you get sent in to a four hundred dollars a night hotel in Manhattan, they're gonna put you up in a four hundred dollars a night hotel. All these different human rights groups and open borders advocates are going to show up and try to get you food. If you brought your kids with you, they're going to make sure that your kids go to school. The taxpayer is going to have to foot the bill for more English as a second language teachers.
Speaker 2: And all this.
Speaker 3: You say, well, hold on a second, what is life like if you were to stay in your home country, Well, you're getting put in a four hundred dollars a night hotel. If you used to make twenty dollars If you used to make twenty dollars a week, now you're in a four hundred dollars a night hotel. You know, back in your home country, a four hundred dollars a night hotel and if you can get some kind of some kind of day work, you find yourself in a situation, you know making Okay, here you go. This is from the New York Post piece right here, this is this is important. Okay, so you understand why this is all happening. The Leafy Park, which divides the lively hit neighborhoods of Williamsburg and Greenpoint, is providing respite for this guy. Muhika, who left his forty dollars a month job as a forensic pathology assistant in Venezuela, is now working under the table doing demolition and construction in Brooklyn. He says he makes between seven hundred and eight hundred a week, a forty thousand dollars a year annual cash salary, untaxed and under the table.
Speaker 2: So he was working as a.
Speaker 3: Forensic pathologist in Venezuela for twenty bucks a week eighty dollars a month. He is now doing jobs under the table in America for eight hundred dollars a week untaxed cash.
Speaker 2: Plus.
Speaker 3: We're gonna give him and his family all the benefits the four hundred dollars a night hotel for who knows how long, set them up with free housing, set them up with three food, set.
Speaker 2: Them up with free healthcare. Now why am I pointing this out? Does this make him a bad person? It does not.
Speaker 3: Obviously he wants the best life for himself and his children, and he's responding to the incentive structure. I get it. I have no animis toward that desire that I understand that. But I'm pointing this out to show everybody if you can come to a country with better rule of law and an economy that allows you to make you know, I try to do the math on a fly here to make fifty times as much in a year, or you know, twenty or thirty times as much in a year as you would doing a more professional job in your home country. Who's not going to come here? Who isn't going to want to live in America for a twenty x rays plus access to all the welfare state and everything else that's going on here.
Speaker 2: This is never going to stop.
Speaker 3: As the point, this is not going to end as long as this is asylum. We have a wide open door, We have de facto open borders. Just look at those incentives and you see how clearly. And I'm not even getting into I mean, what does this mean for overcrowded schools in major cities and all the English as a second language teaching that's going on, and the expansion of the welfare state, and we already are thirty trillion dollars in debt.
Speaker 2: What does it mean?
Speaker 3: No, can't talk about any of that. Where are these open borders people? Now, it grows the economy, they always say, having illegals here. Well, there's inputs and outputs. Okay, people are doing work that's adding to the economy. If they do any work that has the economy, what are their expenses, housing, healthcare, everything?
Speaker 2: Well, what does that cost? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they they don't like to talk about that. It's not just New York too. I want to tell you we'll get to this in just a moment. You know, some companies never get weary of providing great value to Americans.
Speaker 2: My Pillow is one of them.
Speaker 3: Now in business for twenty years, they're still on a mission to provide the best possible value the MyPillow employees want to thank every one of you by giving you the lowest price in history on their amazing MyPillow. You know they've sold some eighty million pillows in just twenty years time. When you use my promo code on the website that's buck Buck, you can buy their Queen and King size mypillows for more than fifty dollars fifty percent rather fifty percent off. The Queen size is just nineteen ninety eight. The King size is just ten dollars more. In addition to those deals, you'll also find deep discounts on other popular MyPillow products, such as their bedsheets, mattresstoppers, pet beds, towels, the my slippers, and so much more. Just go to my pillow dot com click on the radio listeners square to buy these new pillows at those prices with my promo code buck. Every my Pillow product comes with a sixty day money back guarantee and a ten year warranty. Even during a sale like this that's my pillow dot com. Use promo code buck at MyPillow dot com to get these amazing twentieth anniversary specials.
Speaker 2: You are going to love it.
Speaker 3: Check it out today, all right, So it's not just New York, which I think is such an important part of all of this. You have may governor. Rather, Mara Healy has declared a state of emergency in Massachusetts. He says there are more than fifty five hundred families receiving services, including very young children and pregnant people. So they've got roughly twenty thousand people in shelters, dorms, and hotels across the state. So it's Massachusetts. They've had similar situation in Chicago. If they were able to process these people quickly and they were able to be self sustaining in our society, get a job, get a house, and people are going to say, oh, they're not legally allowed. They're not legally allowed to work. Well, a lot of them are working. Notice it's now it's oh, oh, illegals can't work. Wait, hold on a second. I thought illegals were doing the jobs Americans Americans won't do.
Speaker 2: You can't have it both ways. I thought, if we got rid.
Speaker 3: Of the illegal workforce in this country, all the construction would stop and all the agricultural work would come to a screeching halt. So we know there are illegals working everywhere, but now it's all these illegals.
Speaker 2: Give me a break. Well, they can't work. That's the problem.
Speaker 3: They're not allowed to work, so we're supposed to let them work illegally. No, they're not supposed to be in the country. If we were a serious country, which we unfortunately no longer are the issue of immigration at all. In fact, we're just trying to burn the whole place down, it seems, in terms of sovereignty and rule of law, and that is what is going on. But if we were a serious country, we would set up well. First off, we would change the credible fear test. We would tell people if you enter the country illegally, I don't care, You're not allowed to stay here like that's it. You're turned back. No more of this defensive they call it a defensive asylum claim where you enter illegally then you say, oh, but I want asylum.
Speaker 2: I'm a refugee. They're not.
Speaker 3: But they've all been coached, they've all been instructed. This is the biggest scam. This is six million people. This is the biggest scam going right now. And I think that you need to understand the full implications of this. And the Democrats they can't control this. It's going into an election year. They don't know what they're gonna do, right because if the American people know about this, Democrats will lose in twenty twenty four. I mean, if they really know about it, if they understand the full implications, Democrats will lose. So they're gonna do everything they can lie about it.
Speaker 2: Mislead you.
Speaker 3: Who's going to pay the bill? I was just talking to Massachusetts, says twenty thousand immigrants in shelters. Who's going to pay the bill for all this? Well, the governor of Massachusetts and the mayor of New York City, they have an idea. I'll answer the question in a second. You know, I shave about once a week and I only have to do it once. You know why, because the shave is so close and it's phenomenal. It's a great way to shave when you've got the best possible tools, and that's one blade shave. Look, i've got one right here. If you're watching, byway, hit subscribe to the YouTube channel. If you're listening to this on audio, because you can actually see me. It's kind of it's more fun. Plus, I need more than you know, five YouTube subscribers or alse. I'm just gonna have to do audio only, So come on help me out. Subscribe on YouTube. We've got a huge podcast audience, YouTube audience. It's not not what it should be. It's because people don't know about it. But so I'm holding a one blade in my hand right now, and one blade is amazing. I mean, this is first of all, it looks cool, it's well constructed, it's a real implement, a real tool. And once you shave with your one blade razor, you're never gonna go back to anything else.
Speaker 2: You put the you put a blade.
Speaker 3: In, You've got a fresh blade when you shave, and you change it out each time, and it's the absolute best, the closest best shave you're ever going to get. So get yourself a one blade razor today. Elevate your shave experience. You get twenty percent off your order at one Blade. Go to one bladeshave dot com slash buck. That's one blade shave one spell it out, one bladeshave dot com slash buck. You'll get twenty percent off your first order. So who's gonna pay? Who's gonna pay for this? You are you're saying, oh, no, buck, I'm not going to pay for it. I live in Nebraska, I live in Utah, I live in Georgia. No, you're gonna pay for it, because that's the whole point. Now, federal income tax, federal spending, you were gonna pay. That's what the mayor of New York City is saying. It's a federal issue. The governor of Massachusetts, it's.
Speaker 2: A federal issue. This is a federal emergency.
Speaker 3: So if you think that your state has any you know, up or down on this, Nope, not really. Even if your state isn't the one that has the migrants congregating in large numbers, running up these crazy, crazy debts, it doesn't change anything. Doesn't change anything because they're going to try to push for this to be a federal budgetary issue.
Speaker 2: How do we stop this.
Speaker 3: You need people who understand what's wrong with the system and are willing to shut the whole thing down. Are willing to decrease illegal immigration, are willing to make the case we need to decrease legal immigration as well. We've had a lot of immigration in the country recently, like the last thirty years. It has been the most massive transformation of American demographics really we've ever seen. And you say, okay, you know, legal immigrants coming lawfully, that's great, but there's always going to be a cap as it was going to be a number. Right now it's about a million a year. We need the assimilation processes to play out, need people to develop roots in this country, to grow their families in this country, to Americanize as they always have over time. If you just throw the doors wide open, you get you know, five million people every year or two just coming into the country with no stopping it. This is just a matter of federal law to you can just point out, this is what the law says. What I'm saying is what the law says. So if it's so bad, if you're not allowed to talking abou this, why do we have immigration at all? Why do we have an immigration system. They just try to shut people down with slurs about oh, it's you're you're being xenophobic. What I'm the one who is saying, we have these laws. The Democrats could change the laws.
Speaker 2: They don't.
Speaker 3: They just let them get violated and create massive loopholes in them.
Speaker 2: That's not the way it's supposed to work. It's a huge issue.
Speaker 3: Folks will continue to follow it here. Thanks for hanging out shield time.