Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data with the stock boogers.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look on the move today. I'm Tim Keene, was Tim Stunnobek and Bloomberg's Lisa Mateo. Good.
Speaker 4: You gotta add to that those dance moms that have to go.
Speaker 1: To Florida brutal.
Speaker 4: So the Disney shares they've been up as much as six percent. The reason okay, so it raised its profit forecast right, strong performance, theme park streaming TV, so the experienced divisions that includes resorts, cruises. It had more visitors, right, more people went to California. Yes, yes, the theme park he always says, the theme parks is where it is. They had that Disney Treasure Ship, that new one in December, so that actually helps the more people went out on that. You break it down to stream.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: They had the price increases on Disney Plus and Hulu raising the prices. So Bill, I know, loves to watch Disney Plus. How to pay more for that? One more division? The movie division, Yeah, that've had one to move FASA, the lion King, Tim, you have kids, I'm sure you've seen these times.
Speaker 1: We're at blue it's all bloey right now, and that's on Disney.
Speaker 4: So see, so it did. The only place where it did see a little bit of a fall off was sports programming ESPN, but it was less of a fall off than people expected and.
Speaker 3: The memory of some of us the more aged was Disney basically was ten dollars a share to two hundred and eighty whatever.
Speaker 1: Was that the era or the wait wait.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait back and boys, it come down. But I guess it's good news, right it is.
Speaker 4: It is very good news. Who didn't have good news? That was Uber? Uh. Their shares have been down as much as five percent, so weaker than expected quarterly gross bookings, that's ride hails, delivery orders, lower gains in the ride share business. The reason why this is the CFO pointed to strengthening the US dollar against Brazilian, Mexican, Argentine currency, so that affected the ride business. But Uber did have better than expected results in the delivery unit, so the delivery unit did better food correct correct, But the ride share business accounts for more than half of its profit profit profitability, so that's the issue.
Speaker 3: There is Lift still a player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lift is still a player. After market on Thursday, they're reporting, and you know what Lisa said about a strum dollar.
Speaker 3: After market is a plug for his showy.
Speaker 1: Carol and I will be back on the end of it. But you know what you said about the strong dollar being a hit to uber could be a gain for Lyft because they don't have a very international business, so much of their business is based in the US. So we'll have to wait and see what.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it'll be interesting to see how the taxi offerings because they've been trying to expand on the taxi offerings, but so has Lyft, you know, at the same time, so a lot of competition before we go. I want to hit quickly. Advanced micro device is super micro computer because it's a little like both ends. So you have AMD in video's closest rival and AI processors.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: Shares were higher. They were up about seven percent after it release. Earnings gave this outbeat upbeat out look, but the CEO said the new chips are coming out soon. It's going to help boost sales. But then the shares started to fall off a bit because it said US restrictions on sales to China is going to cost about one and a half billion dollars in revenue this year. So before the bell the shares have been up as much as two percent, and then Super Micro Computer their shares are the opposite. They're down five percent. Cut its net sales guidance for the year. Adis are saying that delayed customer purchases they're just weighing on the company's forecast. Bloomberg Intelligence also saying that the customers are deferring deals to those higher powered in video Blackwell GPUs, so they're preferred to go to there instead.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine this conversation in thirty days or sixty days with the trade war, Well, ninety days. I have no framework for where we are June thirtieth, like in terms of what's Walmart doing, what's Target doing? What are these right?
Speaker 4: And that's exactly what these companies are saying. They don't have an idea, but they have to kind of prepare for it.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.