Speaker 1: Earners.
Speaker 2: What's up.
Speaker 3: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank, a lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding of professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 2: What's the biggest scam in investing.
Speaker 1: SPACs? For one, A lot of those are dead. Y'all want me to go here, please? I think people who put funds together that don't have credibility or backing from higher institutions that provide safety to our community. I'll leave it that. Y'all can cut it out if y'all want to. But it's too much of it going. You can cut it out. It's be a clippable moment. But I think that's the reading the tea leaves. I don't want no drama no, but I'm being honest, like even on the spack side, even on the gofundmes to all that, Like, I think it's it's been too much capital raised and an easy environment to sell returns that are not likely from even major firms.
Speaker 2: So so who you were referring to, Jay Morrison? That who you're referring to.
Speaker 1: When I said it two years in going Vegas, my mic got cut. So no, no, no, no, that was the thing. It was technology from that other company.
Speaker 2: Well, I think I think it's a teachable moment. Look, you know, it's one of these things right where I mean it's teachable moment. And I think that he I believe. I believe he was in over his head and did things and acted off of ego from I don't know him personally, I met him three times in my life, but it seemed that he had tremendous ego and a lot of times when ego leads, when you lead with ego, you fall into trouble, right, And then you you tried to make up for your your mistakes with more ego and more pride, and that just leads you into more mistakes, right. And I think that you have to be extremely careful when taking people's money. I never took anybody's money as a financial avisit. I was the first thing I always told people was that you're not writing a check to shot me. Nobody ever wrote a check to Rashad blow Fund or Rashad Balau Incorporated. I was an intermediate person that would invest your money for you, infidelity, in black Rock, in different mutual funds, life insurance, yeah, Frank Temple and stuff like that, exactly. I was never responsible for actually personally pushing the button and moving money around for people and going into that bank accounts and different things of that nature. So that's the first thing I tell people is that when you're investing money, I'm not really a big fan of investing money with a person. Yeah, right, if you buy real estate, you should you should be able to buy real estate direct. Now, not to say that there are some crowdfunding platforms that have been successful, yes, not to say that every single crowdfunding platform is a scam, but that's one of the that's one of the things I think that you can learn from this lesson because whatever happened, it's already happened. But it's like, how can we avoid these type of situations from happening again. Right, So as a consumer, I think that that's something that you should be aware of, is not to invest money directly as opposed to, you know, having it done independently or something that you're actually in control over. And I mean I gave a Ted talk actually a few years ago, and I said that you know, anybody that miss misappropriates or abuses the trust of the peace people, they said, it's gonna be held accountable. Not my job. I'm not the police. I don't. I don't do the work of the police because I'm not on pension. Right, you're not Chicago, Yeah, I'm not. I'm not. I don't talk to the police. A lot of a lot of people do, but I don't. It's just personally the way that I was raised. I don't talk to police and I don't do police work. So don't ask me about Diddy because I don't know anything. Tell you, right, And it's not my job to expose the breaking scam artists of the decade.
Speaker 1: But ultimately we got an obligation to protect people from the bullshit though.
Speaker 2: They're going to get exposed themselves, right, And it's always happened, It's never That's why I said, I said this six months ago, that there's no benefit of scamming somebody. Yeah, and a lot of some people didn't fully understand. They're like, well, the benefit is that you make money. What I mean by that is that over the course of the time, you're going to lose. You're going to lose more money than you made, You're going to be sued, your reputation is going to be disminished, and you might even actually go to jail. So there's no benefit of it. Journey made off is the biggest He's running the biggest scam that we've seen, right, and he ended up dying in jail. There's no benefit in it, That's what That's what I'm trying to say. So, yeah, I mean, I'm not the judge and jury here and I'm not a detective. But if you will be held accountable by the people that you and see your situation, I don't need to hold you accountable. The people are going to hold you accountable. And that's stronger than my voice. Ten thousand voices are stronger than just my one voice. Right, So there's a learnable experience for this whole thing, and it's it's unfortunate, and you know it's it's something that unfortunately is gonna happen again. It's human nature. It always happens. It always happens over the course of time. But in the future, I would advise anyone that is considering ego pride getting a quick buck, I would highly advise you against it. You can do whatever you want, you can disregard what I'm saying, but if I were you, I would just I would advise you not to go that route because ultimately I don't think that it's beneficial. I don't think that's worth it, and I think that you will. You will pay a tremendous price for your transgressions.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also, they're no shortcuts. Like Secondly, if anyone approaches you with anything, have them make you money for free. That's always putting it. If I made you money, please put y in chat. Most of y'all who made money for me, you made it for free. So I have no issues with our brother. Wish him well. There's a lot of great things you can learn from him on the marketing side, but you've got to deliver that actual return. So y'all be careful. But also as a community, we have to stop wanting the easy sensational thing.
Speaker 3: Yah.
Speaker 1: I don't like it when I say fifty pages, eighty pages, study the market twelve hours a day, y'a'll be like fuck that okay, cool shortcuts, short results. Man. So prayers to everybody. I want no drama, no smoke. If you see this, please don't think that I'm on that I don't have time for it. I'm cool. But go master craft. Go master your craft.
Speaker 4: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day. Imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now. You could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now under President Trump, America's laws and families will be protected.
Speaker 1: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,