Speaker 1: From Hollywood. See you, thank you for listening to us.
Speaker 2: Air on Air with a Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 1: Two point sevenence kiss. I m a good morning Seacrest with you. Very excited today. It's a celebration of so many different things. First of all, it's a brand new day. Time to go out and make it good. Put your shoulder, put your squeeze your lower abs, put your shoulders back in the sockets, release that tension in the neck. Move forward today. All right, progress today, get through it today.
Speaker 3: What I'm talking about, bring that baby.
Speaker 1: That's a new day. It's my yoga, my yoga kicking in. I'm working on my posture through my yoga.
Speaker 3: Who turned you onto that?
Speaker 1: I think it's just time. Oh, I know, it turned me on to the pain of my shoulders, isn't he?
Speaker 4: I was gonna say that, I really enjoyed you teaching us. And then it like releases all the tension in your shoulders.
Speaker 1: This is a this is a of longevity tips coming out of his mouth. He just continued to hear them as time goes by. H I'm excited. We have Ryan's roses today. We have Dwayne the Rock Johnson today. Yes, I think he is one of the most loved people on the planet.
Speaker 3: Agree with you.
Speaker 1: I think that, like, if you look at all of his films and what he's done, he just people love him and he seems like a very kind guy. Actually he is a kind guy. But when he was at the d twenty three Legends Award, which I was hosting, Emily Blunt helped introduce him, and she said, he's so kind and so filthy. So I want to know, what is she talking about. That he's filthy? Is a filthy sense of humor?
Speaker 5: Maybe people him also because he is so I mean, at least this is what comes off very very normal. Do you guys remember that birthday party he threw for his little girl and it was like paper plates and plastic, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like not over the top.
Speaker 5: And you're seeing all these other people throwing like their little kid's birthdays and like balloon arches and like all these like crazy catering and stuff, and his was just like totally normal the celebrity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he did it like a normal, normal person.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So that's coming up. Ryan's Roses and it's Tubbs birthday. Happy birthday to our engineer Jeff Tubs.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, we've been blessed by your birth, you Tubs Tubbs.
Speaker 1: When you look back at your time here and the evolution of you, the growth of you as a person, as an engineer, as a team member, what do you think about, Jeffrey Tubbs?
Speaker 3: I just think about how many more years that I'm wanting to do this?
Speaker 1: Keep growing. I don't know if that sounds like the positive view or the negativeview, meaning like you don't know how much more you got in you?
Speaker 3: How many more years I get?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: More years I get to do?
Speaker 3: You get to be blessed with this job.
Speaker 1: There's a reason you're not on the air, and that proved it right there, your choice of words. But he's just it's been a lot of fun. I don't know how long he's gonna be here based on that, but he's been a lot of fun. He's been here, always bringing it and bringing that calm, a calm sense of engineering.
Speaker 4: You could not live your life without touchy Oh.
Speaker 1: I didn't intimidate jeff Tubbs, did it? New sir? Why at two point seven? His kiss f han La Dwayne the Rock Johnson coming up after eight o'clock this morning. I love the guy. I love his attitude towards life. I love his discipline. Actually, I'd like to talk to him about discipline because I advocate it.
Speaker 6: But it's a.
Speaker 1: Blessing and a curse. So I want to understand his view of how he tempers the curse of discipline. You follow me? Interesting, okay, because you could be too disciplined. I speak from experience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, are you do consider yourself too disciplined?
Speaker 1: So there are Yeah, sometimes I sometimes I like, you know that I cannot break the routine, right, break the routine, everything's gonna fall apart. That's a curse. That's the curse part of the blessing.
Speaker 3: So then you miss out on others that other people might want you at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Or I just want to do Like I was just thinking about The Odyssey. I want to go see that. But what if I go in the middle of the day, I'd feel terrible. I'd feel bad about myself the afternoon. It's so late, it's a long movie. I can't like a.
Speaker 3: Five o'clock showing.
Speaker 1: You can make a day that's rush hour. I can't get there.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: So anyway, you understand, he understands. Let me bring in our back room and our summer intern going to usc so Bella your question about bringing what to the.
Speaker 8: Office, bringing fish for lunch?
Speaker 1: No, why do you bring Why do you even think you need to ask us about that?
Speaker 8: So my past internship, I brought fish for lunch and my boss made a comment and was like, uh, who cooked fish? And I was like, oh, it was me and she was like can you open the window? And I never brought fish to the office again.
Speaker 1: Well, you should take that lesson here because it is a It is a bad fish sticks to the pay paper towels in the breakroom, it sticks to the cabinet tree, it sticks to the table, the tiles. Fish. This is no workspace, is no place for fish.
Speaker 5: First, fish is an excellent form of protein. It is a nice nutrish meal. To talk about that, Yes, we are, we spend so much.
Speaker 2: We're talking about consideration to others with aroma. Wait a minute, food is out There is a way around this. We don't just have one kitchen. Do not use this kitchen right here that's out in the open in front of people's cubicles as it In turn, why.
Speaker 1: Would you even ask that you're supposed to bring in non smelly food With.
Speaker 4: The snow, you can cook your fish in the red kitchen that's down the hall.
Speaker 3: Everyone does it. Johan Kamuchi was cooking up a fish the other day. There, cook your fish wherever you want.
Speaker 1: Comes in with their aromas. You don't need.
Speaker 5: Fumes and their potions and their lotions.
Speaker 1: In front of the cubicles is just rude. Pull out your notebook from USC I'm gonna give you the answer right here. Write this down, Okay, it's very simple. Canned fish is fine. So beans in a can, anchovies in a can, smoke doorsters in a can. Anything in a can is fine. That's it. That's what you can eat.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna bring sardine.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, I have sardines with me, you do? Silence, Yeah, I've packed sardines all the time. What a great, easy time saver, higher protein.
Speaker 3: I want to get into sardines so bad.
Speaker 1: I'm happy to introduce you to I'm the gateway to the sardine.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that's your answer. You or can fish, egg salad, hard boiled eggs, fish. That's tony.
Speaker 6: Oh good.
Speaker 1: It almost like my stomach is in the in credit coaster right now just thinking about it. Shab you can't one or two point seven because I have them Ryan Seacrest. We got a Ryan's roses coming up in just a little bit after seven o'clock. So we're all talking about AI and where it's going to go and what's gonna happen. And that's a non human giving you human responses. Now there's a dude that is actually an AI. Fake. Yeah, it kind of looks like it's AI, but it's a human being at the other end, just answering all your questions and drawing pictures.
Speaker 3: How weird is that?
Speaker 1: Right? So this is happening in San Francisco. Average individual AI and average individual.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this guy named Tucker J.
Speaker 4: Bryant spent six thousand dollars on a billboard and he called it chat TJB. And the fine print at the very bottom says AI stands for average individuals. So every time somebody send a prompt, it was him answering every single time, And for what reason?
Speaker 3: Just for fun?
Speaker 1: He paid to do it?
Speaker 3: Is there paid to do it? He paid to do He paid.
Speaker 1: Six grand for a billboard and he's doing It's so fascinating to me to think about this. We've gone full circle now because somebody created AI to imitate humans, and now he's imitating He's a human imitating AI.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: For what I think his signature, well, I think the cat should be what's his name? TJ Hooker, Tucker J. Bryant, Tucker J. Bryan, Nobody listening remembers that was a TV show TJ. Hooker, It was an LAPD TV show. Anyway, his signature should be just the delay in which it takes to come up with the information. Like it's just old school. You ask him a question, he has to do all the research. He'll get back to you. It's like I'll get it's a latency. I'll get back to you on that right and written picture in the meantime.
Speaker 3: And if you ask you to generate an image, that's what he does.
Speaker 5: He does.
Speaker 3: He draws it by hand.
Speaker 1: I don't think this has the future, all right, So coming up next, I got a quote of the day. And if you don't like protein powder, I just saw this alternative that does the same trick. I'll tell you about it, Kiss two point seven Kiss FM. So if you don't like the taste or texture protein powder, I happen to not mind it. But I like things that taste bad, and I can get buy it.
Speaker 3: They can get be a little chalky.
Speaker 1: Sometimes they can be You're right, Uh, some people's stomach like wave protein doesn't work for me. I got issues in my stomach for that. They say, try this tofu. It's a soy product. It's non dairy though, plant based time protein. It doesn't have a lot of taste. It's a texture thing. But it can make your smoothies creamy and filling. I don't think i'd try it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, out, just try that. I love tofu, you do, I do. We have it at least like I mean, like a couple times a month in our.
Speaker 1: You have to fry it sauce.
Speaker 4: We like, we treat it like steaks and we'll put like the soyakey sauce from Trader Joe's.
Speaker 1: You sauce it up.
Speaker 4: You don't, and then we like and then yeah, and then you cook it on the pan and it's like a steak essentially, and then it doesn't do it?
Speaker 3: Eat it with like broccoli ar rice either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, try this and you're smoothie report back. I just want to share it because I saw it. All right. Here's the quote today, Well, the wrong doors closed, stop knocking the right ones. Don't require begging. There you go, Hie Serena Carpenter at KISSFM. After seven, it's Ryan's Roses. Sisney some headlines this morning. Kiss FM headlines with Sissney.
Speaker 2: Yes So.
Speaker 4: The La City Council has appealed its van on homeless encampments in twelve neighborhoods, including Hollywood, Silver Lake, at Water Village and Echo Park. A massive four tower skyscraper development called Viva It was an affordable high rise homes for low income seniors. Neighbors in Pasadena are outraged after a mail carrier was caught on video attacking a peacock that residents say is a fixture of the neighborhood. And McDonalds has launched Hello Kitty and Friends Godzilla Happy Meals, featuring eight toys that turn the characters into Godzilla monsters.
Speaker 1: Hey guys, you're on KISSFM, LA's number one at music station. We are here. Let's roll into it. Ronnie is out our digital content manager, Ronnie Henry Ly in Hollywood this morning with free gas. The thing that you should know about Ronnie, and I hope you have the blessing of getting free gas from him, And I hope you have the blessing of feeling his energy because he's got great energy. He's got the positive vibes and positive spirit. Ronnie also is a fashion easta. Oh yeah, he loves wouldn't you say you're very much into the fit?
Speaker 10: I am so into fastin Wait, that was such nice things you said about me.
Speaker 9: I'm gone, Yeah, I was just listening, like enjoying what you were saying.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 9: I do love fashion like I love to put on a good look.
Speaker 1: So one of the things that Ronnie has said to me is, hey, do you mind if I really put some effort into my look? I don't want to wear the kiss t shirt every day. I can. I just put some effort into my look when I do the free gas, I said, dude, I yes, and give me the picture. So every day he's featuring a new fit when he gives away his free gas. So today's fits.
Speaker 9: So today it's giving very sporty. I'm wearing a mesh. It's like a mess cream It's a mess cream top with a red eighty on it. Like I kind of look like a football player.
Speaker 3: Oh, I've seen this ship. I know which one you're talking about.
Speaker 9: Okay, it's cute.
Speaker 1: Uh, we go see his cuteness, please and get some free gas. I like the Actually, this is one of your fits I could wear.
Speaker 9: Okay, I'll save the shirt for you.
Speaker 1: Let me try. We can do a side by side. I don't know if this is I think social media wants a side by side. Well, we'll come back to it. Ronnie, free gas. Tell me about it, Hollywood. What's up?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 10: I'm here in Hollywood. I am with Greg. He's so excited to get free gas. He's a busser, so he is like, thank you so much. Here he goes.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hey Greg, Seacrest on kiss a Family, Sysney and Tani. You're on the air with his How are you bro?
Speaker 9: Yes, Hi Ryan, thank you so much. I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: Awesome. Well we got free gas for you, Greg. Where do you bust tables?
Speaker 9: I worked at Barney's Beanery.
Speaker 1: Fun so you bottles, lots of bottles?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, yeah yeah, bottles, cans, glasses, I do it all.
Speaker 1: Are you on your way there? I guess it's too early for that. What time you have to get in?
Speaker 9: My ship's usually started like four?
Speaker 11: Right now?
Speaker 1: We say hi and you go for you guys to get you there.
Speaker 9: Okay, Yeah, thank you so much. This is great. This, this kind of stuff never happens to me. So very excited.
Speaker 1: You can't say that again. And if you're in Barney's Beanery in West Hollywood, ask for Greg the busser. Tell him you heard about him on the air, and say how do his mom?
Speaker 9: While you're at it, Yes, shout out Donna, Donna.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you for listening to us. Appreciate it.
Speaker 9: Thank you so much. Hey, you got it right.
Speaker 1: Hello, Ronnie, Hi, we'll talk to you in a little bit free Gas this morning, Hollywood. Greg's a good dude. Talk to you. Have you been a Barney's Beanery?
Speaker 10: I have been there all the time, actually, but I've never seen him, but I'm look for him.
Speaker 1: He's knife now you're gonna look for him exactly. It's kiss FM, free Gas coming up more later this morning in Hollywood. She's one or two point seven kiss FM. Are you watching one of the Love Islands right now wherever?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true, there's one going on right there.
Speaker 1: Always one playing somewhere. It's like it's always happy hours somewhere. There's always someone watching a Love Island episode. Tanny, you're talking about Love Island six in the Trending Report.
Speaker 5: Yes, but she I think she's speaking on just Love Island in general. So we are gearing up for the Love Island reunion, the USA reunion, it's in a.
Speaker 3: Little over a week. But our queen Leah.
Speaker 5: Katab from Love Island season six, she was on the Not Skinny but Not Fat podcast and she was spilling all the tea. Okay, So before I play you this clip, I want to tell you that they started giving Islanders a drink limit, as in how money they could drink a day, because of issues that they had in the first few seasons of the show. So now they have this drink limit. But listen to what Leah said on this podcast.
Speaker 4: If you pull him and talk to him, we'll give you two extra glasses of wine.
Speaker 5: So she confirmed this was like, I mean, not to get into the weeds, but this is like they wanted her to talk to Rob because everybody wanted everybody wanted her.
Speaker 1: They offer drinks to loosen up.
Speaker 5: No, they offered her two drinks to go talk to him, because she was like, I want nothing to do with him, but I want the drinks.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 5: So the fact that this does go on and the producers do manipulate to get what they want, or push the storyline that they want, the agenda they want. I always knew this was happening, but hearing it from her, I was like, I always thought they could drink freely. No, I know the entire time they cannot. There was crazy things that happened the first few seasons. They were drinking all day, they were chain smoking, they were It.
Speaker 1: Was like, but was that the best season?
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying, No, it was.
Speaker 1: It was such a messy You got too sloppy.
Speaker 3: It's too sloppy.
Speaker 1: So now the disciplined drinking makes for a better show.
Speaker 5: I don't know how I think it's only two drinks boring.
Speaker 1: Well, I can say that, you know a judge is or a judge that I've met on the American Idol set no limit, really no limit. I'm just you pick. Well it is one or two point seven kiss FM. So let's get to Ryan's roses. Let me read the email from Miriam. She says, my husband works with a woman who has made it very clear she has a crush on him. It's weird. She compliments him constantly and even told me how lucky I am. When we met at the holiday party. That's really strange. When another woman tells you how lucky you are to have your man, I'd be like, that is a red flag. The other day, she says she was driving home and she says, I saw her driving away from our house. I know it was her. She doesn't live anywhere near us. Let's grab Miriam here, so you know it was her driving away from your house. Did you ask your husband why she was there?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 7: I I asked him, well, I made eye contact with her, so.
Speaker 11: When I got home, was she there?
Speaker 7: He just denied it. He just denied, denied, denied.
Speaker 1: If you saw her physically, how could he deny it?
Speaker 7: I don't know. He just he says. He says he needs to I mean, I've told him that he needs to tell her to knock it off. He needs to go to HR. He needs to do something. But he doesn't like to make waves, so I don't know what to do. I know he's lying to me. That's why I emailed you.
Speaker 9: Guys.
Speaker 1: Well, we're going to get into it next. And when another woman tells you that you're lucky to have your man, what's that sound you make?
Speaker 4: Tanya?
Speaker 3: No, you like.
Speaker 1: That. We're in the wrong cage at the zoo. Coming up next. We will make the call to him and find out why she was there. It's kiss FM, It's kiss time for the Ryan's Roses call. We met Miriam and she said her husband works with a woman who's made it very clear she's got a crush on him. Then she thinks she saw her leaving the house while she was away. She asked her husband about it. He denied it. He's lying. This woman has a crush was at their house. She wants to know what's going on, Miriam? What is this woman at work? What is her name? Her name is Shelley, Shelley, it's her name. I will write it down. So we want to find out. We're gonna call right now an offer your husband romantic roses. Who's gonna send them to at the top of mind? Is it going to be you? Is it Shelley? What is going on? I need you to say, Ryan, you have my permission to call, and then your husband's.
Speaker 7: Name, Brian, you have my permission to call it.
Speaker 1: We'll do that right now. Be very quiet, good luck. Here we go listening.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hi, can I sik to Jake? Please?
Speaker 11: This is hi.
Speaker 4: Hi, my name is Ariana. I'm calling from Flowers on nord Off. How are you doing this morning?
Speaker 11: I'm fine.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 4: You know, we deliver here locally and surrounding areas, and we're offering a free promotion. It's a free dozen red roses that you can send to anybody that you'd.
Speaker 11: Like, like red roses, romantic red roses.
Speaker 4: They're gorgeous and you can send them to anybody. I don't need cash from you. I don't need billing info or anything like that. It's not a subscription. We just ask if you like our arrangements, you come back as a customer one day.
Speaker 11: I mean, yeah, the middle of the summers. Why would if Valentine's there?
Speaker 4: And no, But that's the thing, Like, you could make somebody so happy by just sending them these roses. And we just need the name of the person. We can write a note. I can have them out by lunchtime today. Again, they're free. I don't need anything from you. You're not signing up for anything.
Speaker 11: Uh huh, I guess that would work great.
Speaker 3: What's their name?
Speaker 11: Miriam?
Speaker 3: Great? And what would you like to put on the card for Miriam?
Speaker 11: Oh? I would say Stanta Barbara this weekend question Mark.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cute, Jake. Hi, your voice is being broadcast on the radio here, it's Kiss FM. I want to ask you. I've got your wife, Miriam on the line, but I want to ask you why she's concerned. She asked us to call you, and she, Jake, is worried that you might be having an affair with someone at work. Do you know why she might feel this way? Is there anything that comes to mind?
Speaker 11: No, I actually just booked us a hotel. I just haven't told her yet.
Speaker 1: But why is she concerned about you and Shelley at work? She thinks that there's something going on. She actually believes she saw her at the house, your home while she was away. What was that all about?
Speaker 11: I'm not I'm not sure what's happening, Jake.
Speaker 7: What was I supposed to do? I'm sorry, I know she was out of her house. I didn't know what else to do besides.
Speaker 9: Called the radio.
Speaker 1: So are you cheating on your wife with Shelley? Just please get us to this conclusion. Are you or are you not?
Speaker 11: Uh? I don't I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Honestly, Miriam, do you believe him.
Speaker 7: No, I know she stopped by.
Speaker 1: I know she stopped by when she come to your home.
Speaker 11: I mean she stopped by, and I should have told you, I guess, but I sent her, Babe. I want nothing to do with Shelley, I promise you. But like she has a crush on me or whatever. But like you know, she just brought over a binder that I need it. It's not like it's not a thing. It's not what you're making Okay.
Speaker 7: I know I wasn't crazy. I knew I wasn't crazy. Or you lied to me.
Speaker 9: You've been lying, denied it.
Speaker 1: You said she has a crush on you. Your wife is uncomfortable with that. Your wife clearly doesn't have the trust she needs in you, and she's concerned. So something there is a void here in this relationship. We're gonna let you both go. I don't know if he's cheating or not marry him, but you've got more information than when you started, and I wish you guys the best of luck. We'll see where this goes. Disney, Tanya, that's Ryan's roses. Do you believe him?
Speaker 3: I do not believe him. Negative?
Speaker 1: Yeah, unless they sure I do either lied about her being there. I mean, that's the problem. It's Kiss FM on air with Ryan Seacrest, Taylor Swift on Kiss FM. I knew it. I knew you. Oh there's a Disney soundtrack track right there, right Seacrest here, And I don't know anybody that doesn't just want to run up to him and say thank you or I love you and all the nice things.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 1: It's Dwayne the Rock Johnson is here, Dwayne Johns. Let's just call him Dwayne Johnson.
Speaker 12: Welcome is hey, Thank you, fam. I appreciate you having me in on.
Speaker 1: I saw you on Sunday as we did the d twenty three Legend Award. Congratulations on that.
Speaker 12: Thank you brother. It was great to see you too. It's been a minute. But what a night, what a special night. I was so moved by that night. You know, you go into those things as you know, you're prepared, and you think you have an idea of what it is, and I thought I did so when I got there and you feel that crowd, and you feel that kind of love in the room and that kind of mana spirit in the room, and it just really just took me over.
Speaker 1: But you had such a remarkable acceptance speech, and it's really a philosophy. I subscribe to it. I like it. I believe in it, you know. And when I don't hit it on the mark, every day I think about what you said. Let me play some of that back. I mean, here's a guy Cisani and Tanya that has worked super hard, that has had tremendous success, but has remained this kind human being. And I say that like that shouldn't be some great achievement. We should always be kind human beings no matter what's going on. But listen to what he said, and everybody in the Honda Center was focused and listening to these words.
Speaker 12: Trends will come and go, and algorithms will do what they do, but being kind and being good to people. And I heard this quote when I was fifteen, and I'll never forget it is it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
Speaker 6: I mean that from my heart.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's true, it's true. And just by doing that and living that way, you feel better about yourself. People feel better about themselves. Tell me, how is it that you subscribe to that day in and day out.
Speaker 6: Well, I heard that quote.
Speaker 12: When I was fifteen, and I you know, at fifteen, I was still getting arrested and in trouble. I just I do remember that feeling of wow, if I am important one day, and whatever that means, it's just reminder to be nice and kind. And then as you get older and you roll down the road of life, as we know, man, the algorithm will do what it does, meaning like the algorithms these days, as we know, will amplify the outrage and the division and the noise. So the challenge for us is to maintain that thing that we have, that anchoring integrity that we have, and try to try our best to block out the noise. And also, in addition to blocking out the noise, try our best to treat people good and treat people kindly, because that kind of stuff matters.
Speaker 6: And I feel like.
Speaker 12: Today, whether it's our younger generation and our young folks out there, or even just us as not young folks or me the age of Toronto source, you still have to that idea of treating people good and being kind to them.
Speaker 6: That's the kind of stuff that never goes out of style.
Speaker 1: But what's interesting, what strikes me here is that you said you weren't always that way. You got into trouble growing up. You've been through some rough stuff growing up, so it wasn't always that philosophy, and also discipline. You weren't always so disciplined either. Now you seem very disciplined. You work hard. I'm curious to know about the blessings and the curse of discipline, because it can be fantastic for a lot of things, but I also think it can be sometimes it's a curse when you're over disciplined.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a great question.
Speaker 12: So what I've learned over the years is there is really really true value in being disciplined, and there's discipline and then the devotion to being disciplined about something and when you're and a lot of times it's happened to me too. I know what you're saying, we can be a little bit over disciplined, where kind of has this counter reaction to what we want and what I have found And you tell me if you've experienced this, or the fan here at the radio station has experienced this, is that when a lot of times, when you're so super focused and disciplined about something, you can sometimes unbeknownst to it happening, you lose focus in sight on the stuff that not only is equally important in life, but then you realize, oh, that's the stuff that really matters. So, for example, it's happened to me in the past where I would be so devoted to the discipline and the thing and think I must put in the work from sun up to sundown, and then all of a sudden you realize, a couple of years later, you know the things that are really the most important things are the things that are right in front of you, and that's family and your babies as they're growing up. And before you know it, you look up and you're like, oh, man, I just missed a couple of years because I was so disciplined trying to chase the thing you want to chase.
Speaker 6: So you're right.
Speaker 12: I think the discipline is a good thing and you have to be devoted to it, but also be devoted to being as present as you possibly can in the moment with your family, your loved ones, your friends, the things that matter to as well. So it's that active balance that you that I've tried to maintain.
Speaker 1: Dwayne Johnson with us. Let's take a quick break. We're coming back. Got to talk about Molwana voices Across the Ocean and a little album that in his wife put out too. I was checking out so many these tracks coming up next to kiss FM, Ah, Kiss FM. Listen to this.
Speaker 13: You go move those mountains, sail across the oceans, coshure the world. There's nothing you can't do, Obrey while your sleep, watch.
Speaker 14: You, while your dream man, you understand just how proud to be your day.
Speaker 6: The deeper than.
Speaker 1: I never kind of feel good? Don't you feel good?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 1: Don't you feel like evering a better day? That's Dwayne Johnson there singing. The album is Voices across the Ocean, obviously inspired by Mowana. So tell me about this? I see em. Tunkey was involved as well in this win.
Speaker 12: He was, yeah, and I'm so happy and you know, Iam, you know, I'm so happy to talk about this album because you know the idea of this album my wife and I was actually her idea.
Speaker 6: Lauren, and she comes from a musical background.
Speaker 12: She's amazing writer and singer, and she a couple of years ago, about god years ago, I think the first Malana she thought, oh this what if you guys did an adjacent album that was inspired by i uh Miwana and the Maana came and then we started thinking about it for Mawana too, and then we realized, Hey, the best opportunity here is let's create this album that's an inspired by album and deliver it over the summer. Now after live Action, Miwana has come out, and you know, guys, what I love about this album is that the whole idea behind this was just to create opportunities for artists in the Polynesian genre of music. So we all thought, hey, maybe there's an opportunity for me to sing on this album as well.
Speaker 6: And I said, Okay, let me think about it.
Speaker 12: So I called Iam Tongy and you guys will appreciate the story. So I called Iam and I said, hey, brother, do you have anything in mind you think may work for me. My pen Game is a writer. I'm still learning, but he's an amazing writer. And he said, he said, I I think I do. So he hit me back a couple of days later, and guys, he sent me this song. He sent me a song. The song I sing with him is called your Dad.
Speaker 6: Now. He sent me a song.
Speaker 12: And the name of the song was my Dad and I listened to it. It's so emotional and so beautiful and I called him, and what the song is the song was. The original song was Iam singing to his little kids, who he's gonna have one day because he's getting married in a couple of months. And it was a song that he's singing to his little kids about his dad, like my dad, who is now in heaven, and he's telling his kids, Hey, you know, your grandfather was this amazing man and he did great things even though he's not here and you don't know him. And then the song then transitions to Iam singing to his dad in heaven saying, hey, Dad, I got you. I'm gonna tell them you move mountain and you did great things. I have chills now, and so I called im and I said, I love you. I am not prepared to sing this to my dad. I said, even though he's in heaven and I love him. We had a complicated relationship and I can't do it. You got to sing from your heart. And I said, but if you're willing to go down this road with me, Iam, can we rewrite this? And I think I could sing it to my daughters and call it your dad. And so this song with the early intention of just hey, I'd love to join everybody on this album. What an honor really turned into the most meaningful thing to me because it's not connected with you know, a box office opening.
Speaker 1: Or but it's its own beast.
Speaker 12: It's its own beast, and it's just me singing to my daughters. And I am a lucky one to be on this album. But there's so many beautiful songs on this album and I can't wait for people to hear it.
Speaker 1: Mawana Voices Across the Ocean is out now. Check that out. Duwayne Johnson, thanks for I just remember all the times over the years and the evolution of your career that we've had a chance to check in. I'm grateful for it, and I really respect and admire how you make people feel You make people feel good.
Speaker 6: Thank you well, thank you for that. I really appreciate that. It's a superpower I think that we all have.
Speaker 12: It's literally the easiest thing we can do is make people feel good.
Speaker 1: And superpower tank on you than some of us, you know what I mean? So like I have the mini superpower tank. Maybe on a good day, you've got like Arsenal.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know you we we we.
Speaker 6: We all do.
Speaker 12: But by the way, I mean, if you think about it, it's like treat people kindly. You try to do your best you can and take care of the folks around you. But what's the alternative to that is? You know, it's is.
Speaker 6: Like being an Yes, bad stuff. We don't want being an a like like this.
Speaker 1: Did you to listen to this man?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did you hear that coming? Jeffrey Tubbs?
Speaker 6: Wait, who's Jeffrey Tubs?
Speaker 1: That's my engineer. He's he's bay today, so we're having a good time on him.
Speaker 6: Happy birthday you miserable.
Speaker 1: Love you buddy, Thanks again for coming back. Love you too, Love you guys. By Dwayne Johnson. Everybody Moana voices across the ocean. Go listen to that. It's out kiss Olivia Dean on Kiss FM. Ronnie is in Hollywood with free gas this morning. He's wearing a mesh jersey that says the number eighty on it. Ronnie. Who'd you find right now in Hollywood for free gas?
Speaker 10: I am here with Anica and she actually does a really cool job. I'm gonna let her tell you all about it, but here's she goes.
Speaker 9: Hello, Hi on a kiss.
Speaker 1: Ryan seacrests listening and Tanya on Kiss FM. How are you?
Speaker 15: Oh, I'm excellent.
Speaker 11: How are you?
Speaker 1: We're great? Thank you for asking. So what's this cool job Ronnie was talking about?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'm a legal videographer. So I show up to depositions and I film people getting questions.
Speaker 1: So you could ever make an audible reaction to some of their responses, I'm.
Speaker 15: Not allowed to, but yes I do.
Speaker 1: Are they allowed to ask for their good side?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 15: And I try my best to give them a good angle, but man, sometimes I'm getting all double chin.
Speaker 9: Okay, and that's just how it works.
Speaker 1: How do you get a job like that?
Speaker 7: Google?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I just looked it up.
Speaker 1: You wanted to be a videographer for depositions?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I was doing concerts and stuff, but I knew somebody who made more doing legal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, concerts and festivals got so boring. I wanted to go into legal deposition video ing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: Well if you get more, good on you. Now, we're going to take care of your gas this morning, So free gas from us at Kiss FM. Enjoy. Thank you, you're welcome. You do have a deposition today?
Speaker 7: You do?
Speaker 15: I'm on my way.
Speaker 9: What's take me there?
Speaker 15: Ryan?
Speaker 1: Yes? But what's it regarding can you give us the category.
Speaker 15: I think it's somebody who is wrongfully terminated from a job. I could be wrong.
Speaker 1: Well, call us back later and give us a full report. All right, Ronnie in Hollywood with free gas. He's gonna be out also tomorrow, it's Kiss FM on air with Ryan Seacrest, one of two point seven Kiss FM Raven Linney Seacrest here. So Daisy's on the phone. And Daisy, you say your niece entrusted you with goldfish sitting and the goldfish passed away on your watch. How tragic? How long were you watching the goldfish?
Speaker 16: Even a couple of days?
Speaker 1: Well, how did the goldfish die in your care?
Speaker 16: I don't think that I killed it? Well, I respond would to go over once aday and feed it, And I went yesterday and it was not a lot.
Speaker 1: Okay? Was it flooding at the top of the bowl. Yeah, How did you tell your niece?
Speaker 16: Well, that's why I was calling. I haven't told them. I don't know if I should call my sister and make her have this death talk with her daughter.
Speaker 1: I how long has your goldfish been in your niece's possession or family?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 16: I don't think very long.
Speaker 1: Maybe I just want I don't wanted to bear of making it worse here. However, I'm going to have to tell you a few things. If a goldfish is working out and fit, they can live twenty plus years just on average, even and not healthy goldfish lives about fifteen years. So to have it die on your watch is major. Daisy, I did not know that.
Speaker 16: I've had goldfish when I was a kid and made us die after a four or five days.
Speaker 3: Don't make her feel bad. Why can't you just replace the goldfish?
Speaker 1: Guys, Yeah, you find an orange, another orange one, you go to Pecko, they're all.
Speaker 16: There right like, she won't know the difference.
Speaker 1: We'll streak down, Daisy, I don't know. I believe in telling the truth. You need to be honest about it. But this is a real bad is not is not pretty? I mean, I know I have a niece, I know how much she loves everything and how heartbroken she would be.
Speaker 4: You're honest, but then you say, look, I also bought you a new one. Or take her to the store and she can pick out a new goldfish, and it's like a whole news Tortoise.
Speaker 1: Tortoises live to be one hundred.
Speaker 3: Oh, that will outlive all of us.
Speaker 1: Gerbils don't do a Gerbil. They don't live long, but tortise tortoises, they live a long time. Daisy, this is on you. We cannot save you from this. There's a lot of crises we can say, but this is on you. Good luck. She's like, thanks for I would not want to tell you, well, I would not want to tell my niece, but I have to be honest. It's one of two point seven KISSFM that is going to do it for us. We're going to bounce out of here. Thank you for being on with us. Tomorrow we have got Ronnie out in Echo Park with free gas. It's also our free gas Friday. If you missed anything, it's up on our podcasts at noon and Sisney we'll take you for the next hour. Here. I have a good one. It's one of two point seven KISSFM. Thanks for listening to on Air with Ryan Seacrest. Make sure to subscribe and we'll talk to you again tomorrow.