Speaker 1: Kutbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse. Wow to clearinghouse of hot takes, break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air everywhere. The Fifth Hour with Me, Ben Mahler and Danny g Radio. A happy, happy, happy Sunday to you as we have made it to the fifteenth day of June. Hanging out side by side here and Danny. It is a big male edition of the show as in letters and messages, you.
Speaker 3: Know, Father's Day edition.
Speaker 1: That's right, and Father's Day. Shout out to all the dads we get shipped on. It's a Father's Day, right, Dandy. That's what happens here.
Speaker 3: Mother Day. I think Brian Finley says it best.
Speaker 1: Daddy, Yes, that's right, I'm Brian's dad. But no, the Father's Day of all the you know, the dopey holidays, Mother's Day, Father's Day, all that stuff, by far the crappiest Father's Day, right, the Mother's Day? Oh man, you got you cannot screw up Mother's Day. Father's Day, yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Father's Day is an afterthought to a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure your son's going to spoil you with all kinds of all kinds of fun.
Speaker 3: Yes, he'll scribble on a piece of paper and Brenda will give it to me and be like, here's your Father's Day, current, your dirty animal.
Speaker 1: And the way it goes. That's the way it goes, all right. So we have the mail bag. We have a lot of letters. Happy Father's Day if you're into that kind of thing and all that stuff. But why not celebrate whatever you got? Here we go, let's Ohio get a starter here, Ohio. It's all right, very good. First one is from Fergdog, who says, hey, Ben and Danny G. I think I stupidly missed the window for last week's mailbag, so I'm sending the question in again. I loved all the classic clips and drops two weeks ago. You did a great job, Danny G. You deserve a raise, just like Donald Trump said. Now, I've got a question about one of the clips, in particular, what the hell happened during the Brian Billick interview? Was Ben saying hello over and over again unedited audio. Brian Billick's the greatest get in the history of the Fifth Hour podcast. And I'm going to be very disappointed if I find out he cut Ben's time short. That is from ferg Dog in Fullerton.
Speaker 3: That was classic. Now, there are times where you'll be doing an interview and the guests will cut out and then there's a long pause in the recording because you have to work to get them back on the phone. How ironic was it that Brian did this to you? It's you going Hello, Hello, and then redial to see what happened to this guy? And then you hear Billick's voicemail.
Speaker 1: Come on, Brian, Billy, I'm not available, so you save the message.
Speaker 3: So it's just classic. Nobody ever heard it in its raw form, because obviously I fixed it so that his interview was all one piece and you didn't even know that that happened. But on that best of I thought it would be really funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah Billick, I think he called us from like northern Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's the start of the interview. Is you guys talking about Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I remember, remember that. There have been some crazy things. The late great Jerry Tarkanian had Tarkanian on I was doing an interview with Tarkanian at Fox Sports. Rated was on the radio and Tarkanian was in the back of a van playing with his grandkids. And I don't know why he agreed to do the interview, Like, I get it, you're with your grandkids, but you agreed to do the interview. And he was totally totally distracted the whole time, like he was like happened. We interviewed Kareem Abdul Jabbarmi and Looney one time and Kareem was eating a sandwich the entire interview and he was chewing very loudly during the interview and it was very annoying. Jackie Slater, we had Jackie Slater on this podcast. I love Jackie. What in the world?
Speaker 3: And Jackie, do you think Kareem was scratching his cheek with his middle finger the whole time he was talking to you?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you can just tell when guys are disengaged. And yeah, you know when people are into it and who are not into it, and sometimes they're acting.
Speaker 3: Why did kareem need to be on the phone with you if he didn't want.
Speaker 1: To be there, Well, he was doing a tour promoting a documentary, so he had agreed to do you know those those car washed things where you go around and do a bunch of interviews. So we were probably number six or seven and he had like seven more to go, and he wasn't into it, and he's just kind of half asked it. Then you get the other people that are like robotic, unus you were white. He didn't like that hello allegedly, yeah, exactly. The other thing we had I forget was it Tim Donnie. I think it might have been Tim Donnie. We had on and he was very very robotic, like he had all his answers and he was just like reading off a teleprompter, which was very very I you know, one's got their own their own deal. And that's why ferk Dog, you're not supposed to see how we make the hot dogs. You're not supposed to see how we make the hot dogs. Next up is Kwang from Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam. He says, writes us. Every week, he says Big Man and Daddy G Radio. There are rumors and speculations surrounding the possibility of a new Voltron project, especially with the continued success of reboots and adaptations of classic animated series. Question, how likely is it that the two of you could be cast and a live action adaptation of that project? So he would like us the new Voltron, Danny, would you be? I'd be willing if the price is right to be part of that, right, if the check is big enough?
Speaker 3: What kind of money you're talking?
Speaker 1: Well, Kwang's already put our photos into AI, it appears, and he has already put our bodies or our faces on the bodies of the characters in the in the film, So he's already done the legwork. I don't know if I can send this to you now.
Speaker 3: Let me see if I can.
Speaker 1: Well say, I click this, you listen to our live coverage. It is the fifth our. It won't even open. It's loading right now. I got to click on this.
Speaker 3: Just give your phone a virus.
Speaker 1: I probably did um just finking copy this. Yeah, this is some Let me click over here. Bear with me. Oh yeah, this is how you watch big boxing matches. Yes, pretty much. I have to click the ads. Get get her of the ads, all right? So I sent you. You should have that on your phone. Here, Danny and I look like a stormtrooper and you are the lion. So you're a lion, and you've got your glasses on, you got the hat.
Speaker 3: This is well done, but it also looks like somebody who has way too much free time on their hands.
Speaker 1: Are you saying there's not much going on in Quang's world? Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 3: You are you claiming said?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I'm honored that he loves us so much he wants us to be part of the live action adaptation. And as we always say, Danny, we are our ears are open. If somebody wants to throw it, throw an offer our way, we are We're willing to listen. We are more than willing to listen to any any offers. Shane from Leesburg, Alabama, Amma, rites into the fifth hour podcast Sane, thank You. He says, have either one of you ever actually paid for something with a two dollar bill? And then he says backstory and a true story. He says, I heard your podcast years ago when you said your dad had an infatuation with the two dollar bill. My dad had the same thing. Look at that we have somebody in common, Shane, and he was always passing out two dollar bills until he passed away in twenty eighteen. He always said, keep one in your wallet just in case you need it. Well, in nineteen eighty six, I just turned sixteen and I stopped to get gas when you could actually pump your gas before you went to the store to pay for it. And I started pumping gas, Shane says, when I realized the only money I had was a single two dollar bill, hid it in my wallet. So that's that's what I pumped, and I went inside paid.
Speaker 3: For You was gas like thirty cents a gallon back then, well, he.
Speaker 1: Says, here gas was around seventy nine cents a gallon in eighty six, can you imagine? And then so I had more than enough to get me where I needed to go. And he says, Happy Father's Day. All the days I have not, I've not paid for anything with a two dollar bill my dad did. He would have the biggest smile telling the story, Oh yeah, I gave this to this young lady and I gave her the two dollar bill. She thought it was fake. You know, you get the whole story. My dad wud be oh, yeah, she thought it was counterfeit. There's no such thing as a two dollar bill. And then I had to expinb my dad would like pump his chest out. I had to explain to that young lady there were two dollar bills. It was the funniest thing. And then when my dad passed, I think you're referring to the story Shane, that he we had a stack of like two dollar bills and there that was your inheritance pretty much, pretty much. And pennies. My dad collected pennies, which I wish he had collected quarters, not pennies. Quarters would have been much better than pennies. But dad, which is ironic because I did the TV show Benny Versus the Penny, and then my dad collected pennies. And the problem with pennies is you have these giant gallon containers of pennies and it gets you like, you know, fifteen bucks or something. You know, somebody take you some small amount of money. But that's a great story, Shane, about your dad and the two dollars bill and you and the gas station. Very cool alf from a peaceful protest, right, So he says, gentlemen, do me a favor and please put on your tinfoil hats for my question. Do you think that the weed Man West contingent figured out that Ice is conspiring with the Olympic Committee to clean up LA for the twenty twenty eight Summer Games and decided to protest peacefully? So that's that's alf. Do you have your tinfoil hat on there, Danny? That the operations here to clean up well LA will be very clean by twenty twenty eight, right summer games. It'll be sparkling and everything would be wonderful, and it's gonna take them about two and a half years to clean up all the the mess that has happened here recently, so they've they're gonna have to start working on that right away, Danny, clean up LA, all the graffiti and all that stuff. Did you see the video somebody sent me a video. God, so funny one of these these dopes that was tagging, you know, going around these kids, they're all teenagers going around tagging buildings, and one kid was trying to write, you know, f Ice, spell it out. He misspelled the F word. He didn't know how to spell the F word, and so yeah, he spelled it f U E and then and then realized. And then there was some girl, this other young girl, I don't know, she's probably around his age, and she was laughing at him. So the guy was probably this guy's probably like tagging buildings thing. He's gonna get chicks, right, you know, women into it? Your bad boy and all that. And the guy didn't even not spell the F word, Like, what are you doing, dude? I mean, now you dumb?
Speaker 3: You want better tinfoil hat content. I went down a rabbit hole last weekend. There's like this nostalgia page on Facebook. It's like a Facebook group, and somebody wrote what's a conspiracy that you actually believe? And I clicked on the comments and it was gold hundreds of alex tysherts talking to each other.
Speaker 1: Were they at work or at home? They must have been at home.
Speaker 3: This one says that they believe not teaching handwriting cursive in school is intentional so that we all will have an entire population that cannot read the US Constitution or the Declaration of Independence. No generations after the early millennials have been taught. If you're unable to read your rights, you're able to be manipulated in control. Do do do do do do do? That's yeah, yeah, that's why Cursive's not being taught anymore.
Speaker 1: That explains it right there.
Speaker 3: According to Amy Surr on Facebook.
Speaker 1: Well my conspiracy and I will I will die on this mountain is that the night the lights went out at Camden Yards in Baltimore, when cal Ripken was supposed to play in a game against the Seattle Mariners, they turned the lights out because cal Ripken got into a situation with Kevin Costner. I believe that to be true.
Speaker 3: I've heard that story.
Speaker 1: I don't care what Sports with Coleman says in Baltimore or not. In fact, Kevin Costner called in to Fox Sports Radio. There was a guy shownamed Kylie and Booms that talked about that, and Costner called in to say it wasn't true, which tells me it means it probably is true exactly. And the reason I really believe that to be true is I was on the Dodger beat at that that night, and a buddy of mine who may or may not been connected to the Orioles, came up to me and said, hey, you're not going to believe this. They canceled the Orioles game. And here's why Now he didn't get in all the details. He just said that Ripkin there was something. There was a domestic situation at Ripkin's house. I didn't find out about the Coster thing until later, so that part I didn't know about. But they said there was a domestic thing, and he was he was so upset. Costner he didn't want to play in the game that night or and he said he couldn't do it. And so they said, we need you know, We're going to cancel the game, give you a day to kind of clear your mind and then come back and play. And uh, where there's smoke, there's fire. Yeah, I believe that one.
Speaker 3: By the way, really quick. Dan Delano on Facebook, this sounds like something you would have wrote in this group. He says, there's a secret society underneath the Denver International Airport.
Speaker 1: That's good. Now, some of our listeners live in Denver and some of them work at the airport there. We should have to ask them.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: My theory, Danny member, My theory is there are sub under the ocean. Under the sea, there are different species, different creatures that live under the ocean, and they come out and they study us. You know how we study animals in the wild. Were there animals and they study us and they're like, look at these weird creatures. Yeah, that's my tinfoil hat thing. Tony in the Bay Area, right said, Tony's one of my favorite callers. I just love this guy. He's such a such a character. Tony says. I'm not trying to plug nothing except Alexa at Riddell. But I heard the Covino and Rich podcast and it sounds good and cool that Danny g gets on the mic. How long have you been on there, Danny says Tony. I guess Tony doesn't listen to this pocket. You've been on there for forever, right, Dannyman that show since it started, right, You've been with those guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I've been doing the shows with the guys for four years now, one year on Sunday nights and three years now on PM Drive.
Speaker 1: Has it been three years since they went to the weekday.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, they're about to celebrate their third birthday in that time slot.
Speaker 1: I liked that Covino Rich celebrate anniversaries. I don't celebrate anniversaries. I don't I don't pay attention to it. Like I don't know. I've been at Fox Sports Radio with the exception of six months and twenty six days. I'm coming up on like twenty five years. I don't pay any attention to that though, like I've missed. I could have done like a tenth anniversary, a fifteenth anniversary, twenty I don't.
Speaker 3: I know, that's probably why you're a grown up at three. You're still an infant, right, But he did just that joke, where after your twenty first birthday, why even you know, why even pay attention to the ones that come after that?
Speaker 1: Well, somebody had mentioned and I didn't use this in the mailbag, but somebody said, hey, you know, Covino rich are having this thing. Why didn't you do something? You know, I'm a fan, you know. The guy was like, I heard Covin or Richard doing something for their anniversary, like twenty years or whatever they've been together on the radio, and so the guys, I, why didn't you do that? I was like, that's actually a good point. I probably should have done something, but I you know, I didn't think of it, So I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you turn twenty obviously, you know a lot of the years they were together was on Sirius XM. But as far as their time on FSR, their babies, their infants, and you're like a grandpappy.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm a seasoned veteran. I stopped aging about year ten, So that's.
Speaker 3: Also you started on the network when you were like seventeen and a half.
Speaker 1: That is true. There was no one listening and it was great and it was cowboy jobs.
Speaker 3: Voice hadn't changed yet.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you're talking about. There, Royals having their problems on the road. I'm Ben Mallick. The Royals are having their problems. Yeah, we haven't heard that in a while. Loraina doesn't know any of those.
Speaker 3: He has no idea what that is.
Speaker 1: Completely clueless about a lot. Kevin and Kansas right, since says near Ben and Danny g So. I attended two concerts in Denver this past week. Kevin says, I made it a goal to try the Ben Mallard chicken sandwich at the Sportsbook Bar and Grill. Oh yeah, yeah it was. It was egg dip, that sucker and ranch. Watch your mouth. It was every bit as tasty as you've announced. A shout out to my server Anna. She even picked out the salad dressing of vinaigrette and ranch. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Uh, there you go.
Speaker 1: You have to ask for this item, but it's worth it.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then Danny g what food item would you like named after you?
Speaker 3: Danny?
Speaker 1: If they if the sportsbook Bar and Grill wants to add a Danny g themed dish there in the greater Denver area, what would you like to have named after you?
Speaker 3: Well, being part of the Gara Delli Empire, it would have to be a.
Speaker 1: Dessert, some kind of desert. You know, what's your foot? Definitely a dessert dish. Favorite dessert rembrew lay. I think I was like in my twenties the first time I tried it. I really love this rich people dessert. I don't know that I've ever had krimble.
Speaker 3: What isn't had crim brewlay. They torch and they crystallize the top and it's like it's like a really fancy cuss. What can I compare it to? Have you ever had flawn?
Speaker 1: Yes? I have had flun like the Mexican's like a.
Speaker 3: Very fancy flawn with like a caramelized top to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think I've ever had that? What you high falutin, Danny g.
Speaker 3: Man, I would do a flawn. I'd do Danny G's flawn.
Speaker 1: Now it's got to be rhythmic though. That doesn't that doesn't work. You gotta do something data.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, but we'd have to figure out a way to pimp down at the title.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll work on it. But thank you, Kevin. Yeah, I really need to promote the the bed Mallard chicken sandwich at the Sportsbook Bar and grill more because we promote the hell out of the chicken fingers at the Landing in Kansas City. And I've been very lucky. I don't win any rewards. You know, nobody the company knows who the hell I am. And the one thing I have been rewarded with is food items named after me, like in Kansas City and in Denver and in Lawrence, Kansas at the bird Really cool. And then there's still space. By the way, Danny, I'd love a Mallard pizza. We had that briefly in Vancouver. We had that in Michigan in the town the town Floyd Mayweather's from I forget, but it was Grand Rapids. I think Grand Rapids. Anyway, we had we had the pizza named after me, A Mallardy surprisingly on top of it fake news and Mallard Burger. So if you're interested, if you're I really want to support mom and pop businesses. I'm kind of proud of it because the Landing's owned by a couple of buddies in Kansas City, and you know, the sportsbook bar in Grill is a family run operation in Denver, and so I really want to support a good local restaurant. If you're interested in that, I don't. I can't guarantee I'll get many people to come in, but I will do my best. You know, I'm not getting paid for this to promote, but you know, I'll just store that out there if you're interested, and you can reach out to me. Real fifth hour at gmail dot com. Real fifth hour at gmail dot com. Put food in the headline there, so I know I know you're into it. And the rule is Danny, as I've said, the name has to be on the menu. You can't just say hey, if somebody asks for it, because then it's to me, it's not real, you know what I mean. Danny's got to be on the he's gotta be legit. And then if once it's on the menu, then we can you know, promote it and get moving. Man Matt and Alf and fird Dog and the gang to go and Blind Scott and all them to go. Next up is Paul from Cleveland, Ohio. Paul says, last Weekend on the Fifth Hour, I don't think Paul's reached out, he says, I don't think we're from Paul before. He's a newbie. He says, last Weekend on the fifth Hour, you talked about the VCR for a bit. Now, that brought to mind a quick story. In the late nineteen eighties, my wife and I took a trip to from Cleveland down to Tennessee for a short, short vacation. And Paul says, first we went to Nashville and while there we visited the Hermitage. Is that how you say it? I think I'm saying that right. It was the seventh President, Andrew Jackson's estate. Okay, so it was his estate. He was born in seventeen sixty seven. While we walked around, we kept saying, man, this stuff is old. How can you survive like this? It was an eye opening experience. We left Nashville, Paul says, went to Memphis to visit Graceland, and he says, now, mind you, we are a couple of snot know's twenty somethings walking around the untouched original Elvis mansion. We arrived in his entertainment room and we see his TV and his VCR. Our first reaction is what the and he Paul goes on. He says, our stereo and VCR are are better than this his crap, And you know he's ranting about that and all this stuff. He says, we thought old Hickory Andrew Jackson stuff was more modern than the King Elvis. But then while driving home, we realized that VCR Elvis, the VCR Elvis had back in the nineteen sixties, no one had that his stereo TV. The he goes through all this stuff here, all years ahead of the time. That guy truly had the coolest stuff and lived better than old Andrew Jackson. I guess it's all about perspective. Anyway, my question, Paul says, get to the point.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 1: He says, I just finished buying tickets to the Wednesday afternoon Guardians game, and I filled out an all Star ballot times five, the daily allowance for voting, which triggered the memory of going to the Indians games. I can call the team the Indians, right, Yes, you can. Going to the Indians games with my dad and brothers in getting snacks, stacks of paper ballots and punching like crazy for the horrible players the Indians had back then.
Speaker 3: I just I remember the paper ballots when we were kids.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I just checked and it's ten years since the last paper ballot. The question is, did you guys used to vote like a madman when you were young and went to a game. Do you have any cool memories of punching those old ballots? Now that I'm going to the game this week, I guess I kind of miss it. Nostalgia, Augia of it. There you go. He's a fan of the show.
Speaker 3: I was like in first grade in one of my first Dodger Stadium memories, Pedro Guerrero, Patro Guerrero, Pedro Guerrero, over and over.
Speaker 1: And Paul's hoping to see us at the Malor meet Great in Ohio. We're still waiting, Paul. I'm waiting to hear back from NBC. I cannot make any travel plans until I know what's going to happen with the TV show. Hopefully they'll bring the show back and then I can kind of plan my my trip and hopefully visit Ohio. But I'm at the mercy of them and they're they're taking their time. So but no, Dan I have. I had a buddy of mine I used to go. I lived near the Big A and Anaheim when I was growing up, so I'd go to those games a lot more than Dodgery games, and we would hang out get autographs. We we were like a gang, an autograph gang, and we'd sneak into the Big A. We knew how to sneak into the stadium sometimes and uh in these days before security cameras and all that. But one of my buddies was such a degenerate. With the All Star ballots, he got a piece of wood, just like regular piece of wood, and he had hammered nails. You know those long nails. I think the wood the wood nails.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: He had hammered them in to line up with the All Star ballot.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: So he'd take a stack, Paul, you'll appreciate this too. He'd take us stag of ballots. He'd open them up and put them over the nails for the players that he wanted they weren't all angel players, by the way. He liked other players, but he put the ballot over a stack of them. So he was doing twenty five ballots at a time, and it was we were.
Speaker 3: You bet we couldn't do that with arbitron ratings diaries.
Speaker 1: I know, right, yeah, yeah, but I still remember that guy. I don't happened to him. I haven't seen him, probably in thirty five, forty years or whatever, maybe longer than that. But this dude was the master.
Speaker 3: And oh, I'm sure he's in prison right now, probably probably if he was masterminding things like that at that age, can you imagine?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was so creative, Like I couldn't. We were all like, wow, dude, because we were up there, we were doing the and we had to remember the chad, the hanging chads, which were famous during the presidential election between was that Bush and uh yeah, yeah, well whoever? So anyway, that was my all star story. But that's great, Paul appreciate that. Barry in South Carolina, right said, well, do a couple more quickly, says heard the podcast of The Normal Show honored I got a shout out, Barry. That was not a shout out That was a mention, not a shout out. It was a mention. What else do we have here? Reggie from Detroit says, Ben, what do you upset with? Reggie? This is Ben and Danny g. I want to get your thoughts on the story that was reporter this week that said that Area fifty one the US government was sending out fake stories about UFOs because they were trying to hide classified weapon programs that they were testing in the Nevada Desert. That's from Reggie.
Speaker 3: He wants to know.
Speaker 1: He says the Pentagon was behind that. Here's why I think there's a combination of things. I'm sure the government has like ridiculous stuff. I tend to think a lot of it came from alien technology. That's my tinfoil hat thing.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so do you think Elvis had early alien technology?
Speaker 1: Well, clearly, come on, man, he sang a song about Vegas right back in the day.
Speaker 3: But you know, yeah, and he had a VCR in the sixties.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, George Washington actually had Wi Fi? Did you know that? In Wi Fi?
Speaker 3: How about have you seen that picture of somebody at a boxing match? This is way back in the day, but it looks like they're holding an iPhone. Oh I have.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it was a boxing match, but I have seen photos they claim people are holding iPhones.
Speaker 3: Its time travel is real?
Speaker 1: Yeah, why not?
Speaker 3: That's proof?
Speaker 1: Well yeah, if you saw a photo on the internet, it's obviously obviously proof. Oh here, this is a good one from Is it Carl? I think it's Carl from Orange from the O season Tustin. He says science Ben and Danny g has proven that Americans have the filthiest mouse online, and he sent me this story from some science. A science website says Americans used Vulgo language online more than any other English speaking country, at a rate that is roughly one in every two eight hundred words. I'm surprised it's not fewer one in every two hundred words. Says Countries where English is the native language show much more creativity and variety in their profanity compared to places where English is a second language. And then they list Danny regional preferences for bad words. In Ireland they favor the word feck is the word they like.
Speaker 3: This is one of your superpowers, because when I was on the Overnight Show with you during break well, the show never breaks, but during commercials, yeah, you would be cursing like a sailor. Then it was time to get back on the air, and it was like like a light switch. You don't curse at all on the air obviously.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, well you can't curse on the air, but you can't do it twice. Yeah, you know what I mean, you know, like once and then that's it.
Speaker 3: But the dump button allows for like four curses in a row.
Speaker 1: Is that right the thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you should try it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good idea. The favorite bad word in Britain Danny. Yeah, starts with a C and ends with a T. You want to take a guest, boy, Yeah, oh boy, that's a big one. Can see you next Tuesday. And Americans, Americans favorite curse word is asshole. So there you go, and they avoid British terms like bloody, So there you go.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Carl really quick on the asshole thing. When when you're like at a drive through, or maybe you walk up to the counter at raising canes, if the guy waiting on you at the cash register calls you boss a whole bunch of times, is that code for asshole? Yeah, it's a sure thing. You got it, boss, mocking you. It's mocking you. It's but literally right right. We talked about that on cn in R last week because some guy called Covino boss and big dog is not like a term of endearment, I agree with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's unless or chief, you got it, chief, not your chief? Yeah, I agree. I think that's like mocking you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah. It's like at Disneyland when you know someone someone vomits at at Disneyland, you know, they have like the code there. They don't. They don't say, I say vomit comment. That's what I do when somebody, when somebody throws up, I say, you know, the vomit comment. At Disneyland, they call it a protein spill. And somebody had a protein spill and that's that's how they've never heard that before. Yeah, that's the code when they get on the walkie talkie, you know the people that walk around with the brooms, and they got a protein spill over here and then Tomorrowland protein spill.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I'm going to use that whenever we have a bad segment on the air or on the podcast and you're like, damn, that was a protein spill.
Speaker 1: Yeah you should why not?
Speaker 3: Man? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get people, Danny at this point. I use the vomit comment so much. If I don't mention it in a monologue, people get upset. They're like, dude, you're supposed to say the vomit comet, Like why didn't you say that?
Speaker 3: Just one of your staples.
Speaker 1: I know, yeah, And I'm like, I don't have to. I mean, I can I mix it up. I try to mix it up myself. Sometimes I'll say like the Duke of Puke or something like that, and then they but they want the vomit comment. They love it, you know. That's what's all about. Hey, we'll get out of that Danny fagus so much. I know. There's the schedules tight, you know, today and all that stuff, and you got to get back tomorrow with Covino and Rich and uh, yes, you'll be hanging out with them. I'll be back on the radio tonight. I will be away from my post a couple of days this week. I have some family stuff I have to take care of. How dare you? But I'll be in tonight. I'll be in tonight and then I'll be away for a couple of days and i'll be back. But I'll let you boys know on the podcast. So I'm in the night and then a couple of nights away and then I'll be back. And it's nothing bad, nothing, It's actually a good thing. And I'll probably let you know more about it next weekend, but I just want to give you the heads up on that. So I'll be in tonight and then away a couple of days and then back to end the week the right way.
Speaker 3: So and for those of you who still have your dads around, make sure you call them today. Yeah, give them a better gift than ties or whatever stupid crap usually comes the way of this holiday, if you can even call it a holiday, right, because it's very secondary compared to Mother's Day, But for those of us that have had kids too, like this is going to be only my second Father's Day now that Cole is about to turn two, this actually is a day I pay attention to now. So just want to shout out everybody that has kids and you know it is going to celebrate today. Have a really good Father's Day, even though most of the country he ignores us.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And as I've heard on the on the show, Danny from the doing the overnight thing here, like a lot of the guys just want to just gime a call. Well, they just want to hear from their kids, you know.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, that's nice too. But Covino's dad, he always used to tell him, it's a it's Father's Day. Don't bust my chops today. Leave me alone. Just leave me alone, that's all I ask.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah. My dad would always enjoy the free meal. He loved that. He knew he was getting a good meal.
Speaker 3: You know, I'd come down nice, yeah, even though he had to wait for a half hour hour just to be seated. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well sometimes I take him out before, you know, a couple of days before or whatever. But his Father's Day weekend, you know.
Speaker 3: That same move you do for Valentine.
Speaker 1: Damn right, all right, have a great day. Thank you guys for listening. You've been great. The numbers are wonderful. Tell a friend, I just love all you. And well, we'll talk to you tonight on the radio, and Dany'll be with Covino Rich. We'll talk to you then later.
Speaker 3: Skater Folation