Speaker 1: Watch up and welcome back to another episode of No Sealers Podcast with your hosts now fuck that with your loaw glasses malone check check check. Yeah, we're finna get to it. An emergency broadcast. You feel me for today because uh, it's some unprecedented, unprecedented things that's happening in hip hop. Crooked Cam, they've been in hip hop before I even thought about getting this thing we called the record business.
Speaker 2: You feel me.
Speaker 1: They they've they've Yeah, they've been in this thing for I even thought about being a rapper anything. And I'm sure this is a first for them.
Speaker 2: I'm sure this is a first for them.
Speaker 1: So we go really get into this conversation really quick soon as still pops back on here so we could adjustice screen. But it's definitely one of those days.
Speaker 3: Pete.
Speaker 2: Did you read up on it?
Speaker 4: I read up on it a bit, and I don't know that much in this particular area of civil law, but I know this much. When a rap beef bleeds into the course, I'll put my money on the half Jewish guy every single day and twice on the shops.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have zero faith is gonna work out for him. I don't think he Jewish Enough's cotton the rock.
Speaker 5: At the hard Place.
Speaker 1: I think you've played against the real This ain't the South Bay Lakers. He played against the Los Angeles Lakers. It's a different game. It's a different game.
Speaker 5: Up here with the real Unsino Lakers.
Speaker 1: Still is slowing the stream down? Come on still? Where you at?
Speaker 2: There you go?
Speaker 3: There you go. I was looking.
Speaker 5: You're a great You never looked at you.
Speaker 2: You put it on your phone instead?
Speaker 3: Man, Yeah, I want to put it on my phone when he tell be playing.
Speaker 2: Around we got that bad audio happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, you know what. I don't know what it is, broke, but I ain't never done that before anyway.
Speaker 1: No Silings live the Lunch Hour. No, no, this is the podcast. We're just doing it live. This is an unprecedented time in hip hop, in rap music. Some of this stuff never in life happened. I cannot believe this is happening. This is an important time. So I brought some really special people. I brought Crooked Eye, and I brought my big brother Cam. I brought my brother Pete, and I brought Stell so we could really unpack this thing. Because I've been talking to my homeboy lit Pappy, he Poppy is driving me crazy. It's silliness and people are not being honest about what they are witnessing. Cap you should be in court right now. You should be in court right now because you are in a battle.
Speaker 2: Somebody should sue you.
Speaker 3: He lawyer.
Speaker 2: The reason we are here is Drake. Drake has soon.
Speaker 1: He accuses you MG and Spotify of manipulating the market to artificially inflate Kendrick Lamar's disk track not Like Us. The court filing claims un GU, Spotify, and Apple Serie to push Not Like Us over Drake tracks. Employees perceived as lawyer to Drake were allegedly fired as part of an effort to cover up un g's action. UMG paid influencers and radio stations to boost Lamar's songs without disclosure. A whistleblower revealed Box generated thirty million early streams for Not Like Us. Drake is accusing UMG and Spotify of violating the RICO Act and a New York law h I mean so bad he decided to sue his own label that they are both signed to.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Listen, Crooked, listen, Cam, y'all have been in hip hop for sure, big Bro, you've been in hip hop as long as I can remember. Yeah, Crookeet, you've been in hip hop at least thirty years for sure, for sure, for sure. Now not at the professional level, I would imagine. I don't know if he was professionally signed in nineteen ninety four, but I know it was getting close to when Cricket I was getting his first record deal around not within that six seven years. Is this by far the greatest distract of all time? Just at least off of the reaction, off of the behavior. See I know when I'm talking to g he said the greatest, greatest. So with that being said, I can agree with you on that, big Bro. It's the biggest. It's the biggest to ever.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, Like, well, it had you know, the table has been set for it to become one of the greatest disrecords ever because we are in the social media technology streaming era, and the globe is connected in ways that the globe was not connected with some of our favorite disc records.
Speaker 7: Drop, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So the table is set for it to be one of the greatest, if not the greatest, this record.
Speaker 7: And let me just put this out here.
Speaker 6: Same day that it dropped, I went on record on my Instagram same day and I said, Kendrick just dropped the top five disc record of all time.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: And they can go back and check my Instagram same day a drop because.
Speaker 7: I understood the frequency he was on.
Speaker 6: I understood that he was touching a nerve and he was moving the street culture in a way that you know, once the youngins in the streets get something, it's very hard to stop, you feel me. So he did that and I recognized it right away. So yeah, I ain't mad at that.
Speaker 1: Set me bro, big bro, you you you released this tracks in the history of West Coast music, one of the most scathing disc tracks, like like hot acid, burn skin off your body.
Speaker 8: Mmhmm.
Speaker 9: I think man, I think it's the greatest man. You know, every every generation had a had a sound that they think is is tight, you know to the youngsters. Now we might sound out dated or something like that. So this is the language, just the vibe. This the frequency that the youth is on, and the youth always run revolution. You know, you got older here is like like myself might be behind the scenes trying to trying to give guidance to them. But the youth gonna do what they're gonna do. You know what I'm saying. The youth is gonna they gonna run it. And uh, from what I can see, this is this is the greatest dis record of all of all time.
Speaker 3: Like, you know, what.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine if if Q would.
Speaker 8: Assuthe you did?
Speaker 2: But I mean it happened, na.
Speaker 3: Big bro.
Speaker 1: You you you saw Hupac. You saw hit him up up close and personal. Yeah right, like still you saw hit him up close, up close and personal. You saw no vassiline. You were coming into your adulthood around that time. You know, you was barely hitting twenty. You saw ether. Have you ever saw a dis track that made somebody react like this? You even saw fifty this job ruthe.
Speaker 3: Man, this is the worst. This is the craatest dis track of all time. It's almost like he's pulling this dude in Gona.
Speaker 8: Tell absolutely this dude is crying.
Speaker 3: Man, this dude is really sad right now. And I'm gonna tell you what it is. This dude is almost just being overwhelmed right now. Man, Kendrick, You know, not only did he slapt him around with the record, but then he comes out with one of the greatest albums of.
Speaker 2: All time, is a really great album.
Speaker 3: So this dude is just like, he's just discombobulated right now. Man, i'ma be real with you. I'm really worried about Drake right now. Man, I'm thinking about calling my people because they didn't even play with I think he's something from depression.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 3: This dude might mess around, timp off a bridge or something.
Speaker 9: Man, he need that wellness check. Man.
Speaker 5: Well, Canadians are not a wartime people, and that's not.
Speaker 3: What I'm I'm being dead serious. I ain't joking, man, Drake is going through something right now, and ain't nobody in this camp man enough to tell a man you're looking real crazy right though? Man, you think he cares about you?
Speaker 6: Think he cared about the optics, because I'm sure when you are a big a brand as big as Drake, everything that you do is well at least communicated amongst your team. So they had to understand that it would be some backlash. Even though we in a different era like this era, It's been proven over the last decade that a rapper can damn near do anything and if he drop a hot song, it'll be forgiven.
Speaker 3: He fuck, he don't drop a couple of duds in the road. Dog, it's over with Dog.
Speaker 4: I think this is different, like the house has been burned down. Like I in the first seventy two hours, I was like this song not that beyond the verses, I haven't heard this track that had to hook it like rocked, like in the club and shit like that. But besides that, what Kendrick did. He kicked Drake out of a community. He did that in seventy two hours. He made him walk that they were all at they he made him walk the plank and he's trying to sue his way back onto the boat.
Speaker 7: So so do you think so do you think that is uh?
Speaker 6: That his personal community that he's built up, that's a pretty big community. I mean when I'm on when I'm on Elion's Act, they already saying he not suing Kendrick, He's swing. UMG, this ain't about the rap beef. This is about business that he has a lot of people already forming that perspective and trying to push that narrative.
Speaker 3: You gonna understand this was right for He's like Taylor Swift. He like the Backstreet Boys. You go ahead, the little fan based like Beyonnest they got to be he go ahead. The drinks whatever they call these, the drinks. You have the tricks in this corner like ye. But I'm gonna tell you, man, I heard this man's.
Speaker 7: Mom even locked him out the house dog.
Speaker 8: He's this.
Speaker 5: This is the of getting knocked out and then like trying.
Speaker 4: To readjudicate whether or not the guy had juiced up gloves.
Speaker 6: I think, I think the I think what's gonna happen? You got a worst case scenario, in the best case scenario, best case scenario. They they don't they they don't even entertain this. Somebody in his ear telling them to go on ahead and drop that. Don't even proceed to try to, you know, pursue that worst case scenario. This shit worse than Epstein list dog.
Speaker 7: Because what's.
Speaker 6: What's gonna happen is is everybody every like Box. To the people out there who are not inside the industry, they might think, wow, somebody using Box, But everybody in this room right now understands that Box and AI gets used all the time for some your favorite artists, most of your favorite artists, your artist, your favorite artists might not even.
Speaker 7: Know that it's being that Box are being used.
Speaker 6: It ain't like Kendrick is sitting at a computer in a farm with a thousand devices, so it don't it don't touch him anyway.
Speaker 7: But the whole thing is all these people using bots.
Speaker 6: So the domino effect and the blowback of trying to bring all this to the forefront, and you're gonna bring down some of the biggest artists known to men, and then the whistleblower doesn't usually come out clean on the other side of that, you feel me, So this could be something like this is only the tip of iceberg. Y'll like, this man is pishing in the wind, though, Bro, you don't think he's using box.
Speaker 7: Man, Listen, he might not think he using box.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you, Bro. His upress, his upress and his arrogance probably got him thinking I'm the greatest. I don't have to that's really believe me. The hot blind bling and all that stuff got bots on him and stuff.
Speaker 8: On it too.
Speaker 4: And why would he think because he said they're both on the same label, So why would he think that his own label only uses boss for the other guy? And not for him, because he's the label.
Speaker 5: For doing it.
Speaker 8: Hey, I think he keep on playing with Luci and Grange and then he's gonna.
Speaker 5: Be That's all I was about to say.
Speaker 4: I think Diddy's behind this, because now Diddy has the second most interesting trial.
Speaker 1: And some Crooked said, this is why I've been saying he's not hip hop, right, because there's a thing that and I'll be honest, right, Cam who is one of the best of us, right, the Nation of Islam cleaned him up, got him together, Stell who's a father and a husband and does great things, and Crooked who's been in this business. We all still worry about the optics. That's the thing about being street. Street don't mean you actually have to commit a crime. Street means you protect your reputation differently because you come from a level of poverty and you need to keep your reputation intact. Every last person on the stage not named Pete definitely overvalues their reputation, and that's the cornerstone of hip hop. Gee, However, many episodes ago, you asked me why wasn't trying to get into fights in high school?
Speaker 4: And what did I say? Too hard for me to get my dad suit.
Speaker 1: So this is what I told him, Krook, I said, if you want to know if your hip hop is really simple, the first hip hop lesson most people get right. The first hip hop lesson is the first time you go to school and somebody put their hands on and you come home and you tell your mom and your father, Hey, somebody put their hands on me. If your parents say you better hit them motherfuckers back, your ass is hip hop.
Speaker 2: If you outside of your house.
Speaker 1: And your friends saying you better hit them back, that's hip hop. You know why, because hip hop is not worried about the rules. The street is a greater sense of justice. The street culture is a greater sense of justice. We understand justice ain't on our side, so we have to take justice in our own hands. That's a cornerstone of street, urban culture, hip hop.
Speaker 2: That's something we all share.
Speaker 1: I don't care if our mom was a nurse like my mom, cam whatever your mom did, whatever your mom feel me quote whatever your mom. Yeah, you better hit him back. That father, somebody say hit him back. Didn't nobody tell you to go tell the teacher?
Speaker 11: No one place.
Speaker 2: He said, you know what, donna hit him back. Go tell the teacher tell the principal.
Speaker 1: Matter of fact, my mama would say, you're not gonna get in trouble if they get you in trouble.
Speaker 8: Mm.
Speaker 2: So I was to peat that, and I asked Pete to.
Speaker 1: Prove it, and Pete said this fire told him you better not hit nobody back.
Speaker 2: I don't need no reason for nobody to sue me, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And and the worst fight I saw in high school, some dude got his block knocked the fuck off. His dad had to write a six figure checker.
Speaker 8: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Damn man that he got his block knocked off and he chose to sue.
Speaker 7: Y'all picture of Dwayne Wayne mean, I'm from a different world.
Speaker 1: Man, Oh man, I don't know how to feel. This is almost unbelievable. So, yes, Crook, I'm with you. I think he's not worried about the optics. But his problem is he's worried about the optics. That's the only thing. Like, because he's not hip hop in culture and being raised, he don't quite understand what's happening. But because he's idolized his culture like tons of basketball players, he's idolized culture like tons of people on outskirts right that they start to participate right, and then they start to try to.
Speaker 2: Live up to the.
Speaker 1: To the to the rules, to the foundation of it, you know, to the point where even when he got robbed, he told the police and he felt like, you know, it was things that he did that really threw me off. And I'm like, but I never thought he was street crooked. When I first I never thought he was street. I'm like, this is a good dude. Like, it's a good kid. You know, you just nigg we the same. I'm like, yeah, he's a good kid, you know what I mean. So it was weird to me that when his music started to get street and it started talking about hurting people and spending the lilt and talking tough, and I'm like, yeah, it's just music. And then I realized when I first started to you remember quick, when I would call you, when I was just getting the grasp on what hip hop was from a true cultural standpoint, I was figuring it out, and I was like.
Speaker 2: Oh, he not hip hop. And I didn't think anything.
Speaker 1: Wrong with it because I thought he was an unbelievably talented musician.
Speaker 2: I never cared if he was or was it right? You feel me?
Speaker 1: It was like he was extremely dope, like this dude was a master. But then I noticed when I read it publicly talking to Charlemagne in the interview, and like it was like a kind of an attitude from his team to me, and I'm like, wait a minute, are y'all mad at me for saying this? And it's like they wanted people to really.
Speaker 2: Believe that he was street. I went through the same thing with Rose.
Speaker 1: It was like I'm saying something I get, you know, like because I make street rap, I have to be honest and be a lot more transparent because you know, everybody else that's that's competing in the competing space, you know, I mean, they get to kind of fantasize it.
Speaker 2: They get to you know, like I was saying, Ross, you know who's in my top five?
Speaker 1: Like he could say he got ninety eight million dollars in the Bank of American bank account, or you know Creavior or he named himself after a guy that I actually wove.
Speaker 2: And you know, I wasn't it wasn't no shame crooked on Olivia, but it wasn't no shade. It was just like, these are obvious truths. Niggas was making at me, and I'm like, do you think you fooling people?
Speaker 1: Yes, if I'm crazy or if they crazy? Because I'm like, are they fooling people?
Speaker 6: So that's where we come to this situation at hand. It's like a magician telling everybody how the magic tricks are performed. When you get up here, you start talking about these bots and this AI and this stream shit, you about to pull back the curtain and show everybody the wizard of Alls. You feel me, and let me tell you they're not playing about this bro. Fifteen twenty fifteen, I did a show called One Shot. I created this show for BT Rap Competition, all this kind of good stuff. One of the real current judges good dude, family man. I met his kids, I met his wife. Family man. You know what I'm saying, real good dude. We had a successful season.
Speaker 3: It was great.
Speaker 6: A couple of years went by, everybody started doing their own little thing.
Speaker 7: We all went back to our respective corners.
Speaker 6: This year, I woke up and his face was all over the news, and I was like, what is he doing all over the news? Feds yanked them out of his crib in front of his kids, and his wife arrested him and charged them with an accusation that he used AI and bots and manipulated streams to generate ten million dollars for himself.
Speaker 7: And they are.
Speaker 6: Saying that this is one of the biggest streaming crimes since they started passing laws against fraudulent streams. That man owns businesses, homes, He's a hard working dude. They snatched him straight up. They not playing about that shit, bro, unless you are with the machine. Then they turned the other was permitted to chieve.
Speaker 5: Do you know what this reminds me of?
Speaker 2: No, It's like, this is what I kind of think it is.
Speaker 4: If this is Drake's second L he's ever taken since that he was born.
Speaker 5: What was his first L?
Speaker 2: Not push your tea?
Speaker 4: I mean that was a speed bump that didn't impact anything. This reminds me of Hillary Clinton losing the election in twenty sixteen and blaming it on the Russians, like a total shock and disbelief, and I like, this can't be possible. I'm me, I don't take l's like this. It had to have been manipulated by somebody outside of the system. Bro.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you. I think with Drake man, I think Drake is the delusional guy. I think he's the direct result of that everybody gets a trophy syndrome. That was one of the things I hated. Do you remember when I was coaching you football, told you I hate the idea of everybody getting the trophy. Mm, this is the same thing Drake doesn't think he's supposed to lose.
Speaker 7: He's entitled.
Speaker 3: His privilege is coming out of showing right now, how big this dude from compt to beat me. He's not better than me than me? This is this privilege. This is privilege on thing. He's having a timidt answer right now.
Speaker 2: You know what, that actually makes sense.
Speaker 3: This is his privilege.
Speaker 2: Privilege, bro, he really is having a privileged moment.
Speaker 8: He got affluenza, you know how dare.
Speaker 1: I never thought about it like that, but that makes sense. He's having a privileged moment.
Speaker 5: HM.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't be surprised if he called doc Nick the N word with hard r bro.
Speaker 7: I'm I believe.
Speaker 4: You that the who would he say that to?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 4: Because for people who probably around him all the time, you know, probably aren't like on his.
Speaker 3: Probably we're still setting their breast, whatever you're doing, still still out here with this is ridiculous, right, you know me? She was talking right. Everybody except everybody on this family except one of us, is from the hood, right, everybody from the get him. We've all lost the fight before, right, But we never told like she was alluding to earlier. We never went back and told nobody we just want to fuck that dude again and again until we got a victory, or we left him head alone, right, whatever it was. But we didn't go tell nobody. This dude really thinks that he has the right to go. Man, he lost the battle, bruh. And I'm pretty sure he done heard that album. I'm pretty you were, and he can't one person you can't lie to You can't lie to yourself. I'm pretty sure you don't heard that shit and said, Man, this is really good.
Speaker 7: I'm going to sue him.
Speaker 3: He's ruined me.
Speaker 6: No, all the farm owners thinking right now, this is a deeper conversation, bro, because.
Speaker 1: I've always thought if you are mixed with black, you are black, right. But then I've always thought, big bro, and this is a good thing to talk to you about. I've always thought of black as a responsibility. It ain't like my skin is black, right, Being black is a desire to care for other people that have been through the same type of struggles like myself. It's a responsibility to be black. And I noticed it and I thought to myself, like I used to always say he wasn't hip hop. People thought that that was the equivalent of me saying he's not black.
Speaker 2: And it's like, he's black. His father is a black man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's black dog. But being black, like you said, it's more than a skin color, man, It's a condition, man, It's like it's a soul. Listen here, man, and think about it.
Speaker 4: Also, like if you're from a biracial parenting, you know, or what's the word, like a conception and you're raised by one parent, you're gonna be pretty.
Speaker 5: Much that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And that's what I was thinking, right, So that was always my thing.
Speaker 5: I got to have a lot of those conversations, right, that.
Speaker 2: Was always my thing about him not being hip hop.
Speaker 1: Right, he he was raised by his mother in the Jewish community, going.
Speaker 2: To Jewish because and that was always my thought, right.
Speaker 1: Man, Now I can see if he was raised Jewish in the Bronx, you know, you could be you hang out onside, I guess what is you back to the streets. But again, his serf stances, his environment. He was raised as a Jewish man, so I always thought of him was Jewish. But I understood his father was a brother from Memphis.
Speaker 2: Right, But you know, like if that's not going on, and.
Speaker 1: Like like to me, you're not biracial, there's no such thing.
Speaker 2: You're black, if you know what I mean, you're black. If you're black, you're black.
Speaker 1: It don't even matter what happened because theoretically everybody come from black people from the star. So every for sure, if you cut it back down, you're black. So I understood he was Jewish based off culture, minus the conversation of race, minus the conversation of his again ethnic ethnicity.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, he's a jewish Man. You know, racially he's a Negro.
Speaker 1: Right, But again, if race is not a real construct, he would be a jewish Man. And if you think about how he's going about this battle right now, they really yeah, not a bad thing.
Speaker 9: You got way too Trump in office, you got way to January sixth. Then you can say that.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, listen, I don't think it's negative. I mean that's just culture to who.
Speaker 8: His peoples are.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't know why YouTube.
Speaker 4: That there's a difference in that sensus saying saying like the Jays and j Ish, But I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm not in charge of it.
Speaker 3: He doesn't even know if that if that matters, man, I just think that the dude don't have no culture.
Speaker 2: Man he does, but that's my points then he already get it.
Speaker 5: He was raised jam.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's what I'm saying. He doesn't like when you've never really been through nothing like you know how you talking about him and his mom had a hard time, man, mhm, him, him and his mom Florry Town was way different than our parents hard time.
Speaker 2: I don't want to get to the drug Olympics. He waste the time with that.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, for sure, I always thought of him as that, but like this is next level, not hip like I always thought he wasn't hip, but like this is.
Speaker 2: For sure the most unhit thing he's ever done in his.
Speaker 4: Life that I've ever saw that I saw or is it just the most Jewish things ever done in this life?
Speaker 1: That's my point. It makes sense when you throw because I can't play. The Beastie Boys were still the.
Speaker 3: Whole bunch of Jewish people on hip hop broke ain't never.
Speaker 1: I think those people still are street like the Beastie Boys still grew up in the punk rock environment, should be able to create the music.
Speaker 2: So there's a level of street urbanness too it.
Speaker 1: Because again punk rock is and hip hop or step brother, they both come from street urban backgrounds, just different you know, mothers places on Earth. We ain't come up in the same places. But the saying oppression or whatever miss understood, Like the Skaters cam when I was just young, the Skaters is like that they really felt like they were you know what I'm saying, Like, ain't Drake from the Canada streets though? Any rocking with the Hell's Angels and all that that street no, y ain't no no, because.
Speaker 2: For sure they wouldn't be suing nobody. It'd be a rumble, be a squabble.
Speaker 3: Hey, let me ask sure this crook. When't you say that Drake is a good artist. Yeah, you know, Drake was probably one of the biggest you know, if you want to call him hip hop or he's one of the biggest recording artists in the industry. I believe that this is going to be really bad for him.
Speaker 1: Somebody's making a point shout out to. We've been trying to figure out what it was. Shout out to, Uh David Jones. He said, I think Crookeds mic is too.
Speaker 2: Close to his speakers.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, that may be where we're getting the feed.
Speaker 2: That could be it, because I had the same thing happened with. I don't know, because I don't think you got a mic.
Speaker 3: No, I don't got a mic. I'm just on the phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so somebody's mic may be too close to their speakers mike right here.
Speaker 7: They ain't even plugged up.
Speaker 3: But you know what, I think it'd be to a little bit man, to a certain extent with these things, I think, I don't know, this is gonna be weird, but this is gonna be.
Speaker 4: Bad for Oh boy, you got you got your ear pieces in or you listening to your thing.
Speaker 3: The gonna say you probably gotta have an ear piece in. No, I mean, I'm just my mic when you're all talking.
Speaker 2: It's definitely it couldn't be.
Speaker 9: It's coming It's coming from crook It's coming from Crook side. Okay, I don't know what it was, but it's coming from that.
Speaker 3: But we might well keep going. We can't spend a whole bunch of time.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, it's all good.
Speaker 2: Don't thank you, brother, You're not causing an issue, thank you well.
Speaker 1: So no, Ryan, right, And this is the tricky part, Ryan, that's the bad question. I don't really want to deal with, but I'm gonna deal with it anyway. So everyone with African ancestry is black, now.
Speaker 8: No, not nothing.
Speaker 9: Our definitely, our definition of black really is basically the sentence of slave experience, the black descendants of slaves in North America. So Drake is supposed to you know, he's half of that, but he wasn't raised on you know, on that side of the fence, so he don't want that with that.
Speaker 3: I don't want to get into this thing like mixed people ain't black, man, because I know a whole bunch of down mixed people.
Speaker 8: You know, well, we all mix.
Speaker 9: If you're an American and you got a last name that ain't African, you've been cut.
Speaker 3: You cut. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So it's like, that's not but that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: No, So no, no, everybody that's of African descent, because Eli Musk is of African descent. It is obvious he's not a black man. So no, you don't even got to go that far. We don't even waste that much time.
Speaker 9: No, do you think that Drake is is kind of going crazy because he know, he know he's a hit maker. He know he make fire music, but he don't under he didn't understand the dynamics of Kendrick's you know, lineage and the audience and what he represents.
Speaker 8: Because Drake Drakens is a hit maker.
Speaker 9: But when you start trying to come over here on this fence and get into this warrior type of you know, street street warrior type of thing, you're gonna catch the all like you never caught before.
Speaker 8: I think he you know, yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I just think Drake just stepped in some you know, I think Drake just stepped in a mess. I'm gonna tell you what it was. This is my thing. You know, Drake was going to all the U r L battles and I think he was just really intrigued by this and he just thought that maybe he can get one off on dot and just kind of bit off more than he can shoot.
Speaker 4: I think he's surpassing out because he can't reach the audience he's always been able to reach.
Speaker 1: Well, I think, so so here let's let's my man crook it here so I could keep some facts.
Speaker 2: So this is some facts.
Speaker 1: Right since the days of selling records, record label's been buying records. You really can't pay for a hit record. Your record actually gotta work, especially at any major market.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: You could try to get a promotional thing on, but eventually your record got a call out. As far as streaming and stuff, I do believe that there are some plus ones and plus twos for streams, I believe that's happening. But your record actually has the stream. You can't take the record that nobody knows and make it work. And the problem is there have been articles. There was an article on a Rolling Stone accusing Drake of the same thing. And before we just start using that p word, right like the payola word, you can't still be the first one.
Speaker 2: Can be the first one, crook me. You can't pay for hit record.
Speaker 1: It actually gotta be a hit record only and pay for the promotion to have a chance to have a hit records. Maybe if you had a small station that don't have a million dollar endorsements deal from Pepsi's and and Universal City Neiss. Maybe if you don't have a station that has those, But if you have a station that's making great money off of advertisement, you could not pay for a hit record. So that's the first thing your record actually has to perform.
Speaker 2: That's a fact. I know it.
Speaker 1: I'd have backed it up a mellion. I know it's true. So Paola is an over stated concept.
Speaker 3: I want to add something else to that. And Kim You and Crooked both attested this. We used to see people back in the day they have what you call turntable hits. They would have these huge records at radio. But then the first week when sound Scheme would come out there to sell a thousand copies, Remember though, bring when.
Speaker 8: That would happen to Cam.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people still have to go out and purchase your record. However, is now people still have to go stream. Like you said, you can't cheat your way to it. A big record, not the record, not as big as something, not like this was. You can't keep with that. It was everybody be doing it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Drake, Drake just ain't.
Speaker 9: He's not from that that world where he could be battle rapping like real street street dudes, like it's just the culture won't allow it. It's just like a governor on the culture. It was just it's just, you know, it just won't allow it. If he stuck to his singing hooks and all that he has smashed Kendrick. If Kendrick came over to his side of the fence and trying to he would ruin his own career. But Drake is the one that made the mistake and came over here and he stepped on some landlines.
Speaker 2: And that's a great point.
Speaker 1: He he didn't have to be this at first, right, he didn't have to be this at first. Again, everybody, this is No Silings Live. The YouTube link is hold on. I'm gonna share it on Twitter.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: It goes live on the YouTube on a No Salis podcast.
Speaker 1: Shout out to my brothers for coming down and making it happen with me. Let me tweet this link. Yes it's crooked phone for sure, for sure. Damn that dude caught. He must be like an engineer or something. I don't know how you caught that. So again, he had the game in his hand when he first came to the like when he first came to cash money.
Speaker 2: Because he was actually the genuine article.
Speaker 1: He was a really great talent actor, you know what I mean, Like he was he had been a part of a he had been a part of a TV show that was doing well. He was well trained, prepared as an entertainer, and he wasn't too shabby. On the record side, he was a killer. Like he was a monster at making records. Like I remember the first time meeting him and then hearing his records and being like, I can't believe this is the same dude that made both of these.
Speaker 2: It almost seemed possible.
Speaker 5: He's the first reverse engineer rapper.
Speaker 2: That's a great point.
Speaker 5: Every other rapper has gone from inner city to suburbs. He did it the other way.
Speaker 2: And that's what I think is killing him, right, Pete, because.
Speaker 4: Because he could only go so far in before you get too far, you can never go too far out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he tried to go all the way in.
Speaker 1: And now like he's in this weird space to where he's trying to kind of live like the culture right where he's doing stuff, you know, taking the situation into his own hands, just as different small things. But it's like, well these things still apply, Like and the Kendrick Battle didn't do anything but show everybody that obviously culturally he's not what you know people thought he was, which is weird.
Speaker 2: I don't know how they thought he was that.
Speaker 1: But also it's like, not only did you turn the culture and have the culture looking at you crazy right within that battle, but also now you're about to.
Speaker 2: Turn the business against you, Like the business was never against you. The business built you.
Speaker 1: The business gave you all the looks because you wouldn't have came through the streets, you couldn't have went to all the places you need to do all of that stuff.
Speaker 9: He went tropic thunder. He went full uh such and such. Yeah, yeah, this guy. Never go full gangster.
Speaker 1: Never go full gamester. He went full gangster. That's a great point, big bro.
Speaker 2: Oh god, he went full gangster.
Speaker 4: He says something about bodies to the point where I was like, I thought that bodies meant something else.
Speaker 2: It made me think that I didn't know what I'm saying bodies, And I know.
Speaker 4: But when I first heard him saying, I was like, ship all this time, I thought it.
Speaker 9: Meant that it must mean something different because he's yeah, I thought he meant girls, like he was a girl.
Speaker 8: Bodies or something, but blind. Yeah, I'm like, man, I.
Speaker 5: Thought people getting killed it was pussy all this time.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm gonna tell you. I don't think killer has nothing to do with it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Let's take Eminem for example, right, has never pressed but was.
Speaker 8: Raised in Detroit with That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's a difference, bro. Eminem is really he's really with the ships, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It's a punk rock kid that grew up in Eminem is very respectful of that relationship.
Speaker 3: And I think that's because he really knows what he really know what time it is, you know. So I just think, man, I think this is gonna be bad for doing. And to be honest with you, it's almost like he just like everybody talking about Dot's album and then he come up with this bullshit, right. It's like, man, he just want to make it about him.
Speaker 7: All right. So I got a question for y'all, what are the ramifications of this case?
Speaker 6: Because people, people are people are speculating that he's trying to get off of a universal and he this is the this is the movie making.
Speaker 1: But I don't understand how could this get him off of you accusing another artist This is like that Gunner case. Right, This is like that Gunner case where people are confusing, right, like what a plea is as somebody that that's took too pleas in my life, a plea is when you only admit to the things that you did, or you only base it off of the things you did. In Gunner situation, right with Thug, the reason he told on Thug is he said he did nothing and everybody else did everything. Now, maybe if if if Drake's case would have been more like, you know what, the label hasn't been paying me. They flated these streams. But he's doing the same thing where he's like, no, this guy, they're over here doing this for him, y'all signed to the same people. They're doing this for him. They're doing this for him. They're not doing they're doing this for him. He's not even talking about what they're doing for him. He's not even saying what they did to wrong him. They're saying them marketing. Kendrick Lamarson, I have a problem with it because they did it unfairly. He's not even equating it to he's not even equating it crook to his shit.
Speaker 4: But that kind of does support his point though, because he can't demonstrate standing because he hasn't been damaged by it, you know, in the way that he's suggesting. So if it's look, this is gonna be ugly in discovery for us as universal and he says, hey, look, if you guys let me out of my deal, we could drop this right now before those discovery.
Speaker 1: Sure it's a civil case to Crooked's point, right, So what Peter is saying makes the most sense.
Speaker 2: The reality is maybe he kicks up.
Speaker 1: Enough dust to where they like he settles it, like, let me out of my deal and I'll drop the case so you don't have to present.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna tell you right now ahead of time.
Speaker 4: U m G.
Speaker 1: Not gonna do that. They are past the point of you bullying them.
Speaker 9: Man, come on, man, Ain't nobody not going program. Ain't nobody bigger.
Speaker 2: Than to bully U MG. And if he thought that that was his plan, Mike hints learned the hard way. But you are not going to bully these people.
Speaker 5: What does he benefit from getting out of that deal? Where's it gonna go?
Speaker 8: Right now?
Speaker 4: His values at its all time low and you want to get out of your deal?
Speaker 5: That that in itself.
Speaker 6: Don't have a value. He will make money as an independent artist. We know that.
Speaker 8: How much? How much? How much y'all?
Speaker 9: How much do a rapper supposed to make before you feel like he don't need to have to make no more?
Speaker 8: Like I don't understand that.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on?
Speaker 1: What which world do you tell on one dope man and get another.
Speaker 2: Even crook as an independent Which.
Speaker 1: World do you tell on one dope man and then people know you told on the dope man and another plug say come over.
Speaker 2: Here and get this money?
Speaker 7: Yeah, like it don't like it's not a smart plan.
Speaker 6: I'm just telling you that he can definitely be on that perspective, like yo, I could just jet out and go independent or go somewhere else and get my bread. I'm not saying it's a smart plan, but his value is still there. He has value.
Speaker 8: Do y'all think he's clean?
Speaker 9: Just like what was really ruining his image is the is the a minor that that subject?
Speaker 8: Right? So is he clean enough to try to do that to universal? You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 9: Is he clean enough to you understand I'm saying like he just smashed everything. Yeah, he just smashed everything he saw.
Speaker 3: This man, we just saw this whole thing with Puffy. As soon as Puffy start missing with them folks, man, he was sitting up in the jail seal. Everybody along.
Speaker 1: Everybody wanted to go to Puffy wants to go to the Puffy party. And then one day overnight I was the only person. I went from being the only person that didn't care about going to Puff party because I don't drink and mess with the brawl, to do no drugs like that. Now everybody don't want to go to Puffy party. So again, trust me, he already did more than enough for them people to hang in that. We used to have this conversation all the time, cam like, they're not going to let you get that far without having something on you, right that just they're not finna make you that. You know, they're not finna just empower you and make you a monster, and you could just move about the cabin for free. So I do think Cricket is right. There has to be that would make sense. Right, there's an idea and an intention to get out of a deal. But the way you're going about it, first off, you're exposing business practices that they use for all of y'all everybody.
Speaker 4: And furthermore, do you want to be independent and be blackball from Spotify?
Speaker 1: And the problem is you're not going to be blackball from Spotify, but they're going to comb your shit everybody, because again, the dope trade is very much the dough trade. If you tell on somebody in the dough trade, nobody is going to give you dope.
Speaker 2: That's really if they kill you.
Speaker 6: Did you the move he made when he was releasing music on a website? Yes, you think that was the testing grounds?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Just how curiosity? What does an artist of that magnitude? What does his deal look like?
Speaker 4: Because I would assume he could kind of not craft his own deal, but kind of craft his own deal.
Speaker 5: What do you think his deal looks like?
Speaker 3: What you think when the first we gave him crook? Maybe maybe twenty million.
Speaker 2: I think it's forty. Let me let crook, oh the crook, let me get you going.
Speaker 7: They said a four hundred million dollar deal. That's what they say.
Speaker 6: Now we understand people be tripping and you know, say anything for marketing, but they said four hundred million dollars wich forward, making it even more puzzling to what as to why you would go up against them in this in this situation, it's like, what are your intentions? I guess that's the that's the question, what are your intentions? Because the deed is done?
Speaker 9: So could it could it be could it be controlled opposition? Could this be deeper than we think it is?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have zero faith. I have zero faith that Drake is a chess player. And I think the deal I think everybody industry adds a zero to the deal. So if the deal was supposed to be four hundred million, is forty million?
Speaker 3: I think he might have got forty man, because the ain't nobody give him. There's too many things that can happen. You get somebody that money.
Speaker 4: It depends, Like I was like, I guess who owns the masters in that scenario? If if he's getting forty, he must own the lion's shriff, his rights. I just heard on good authority, like really really really good authority of about an artist whose music I've never even heard getting paid one hundred for his catalog and future catalog rates.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but all of that stuff, forgive me, hold up, krip.
Speaker 1: All of that stuff is fluff, Like all of that numbers I know for sure fact I could prove it. But all of that number is fluff. This has this is this is an emotional response. This is an emotional response to I believe that yeah, too too bad event in his life that is really traumatizing him. I know this sounds crazy because losing a rap battle to us would probably hurt our feelings, but it probably it ain't the end of the.
Speaker 2: World, but.
Speaker 3: An emotional breakdown.
Speaker 1: You're right, I'm define he really is calling this boy the hard e r behind the door, behind closed doors.
Speaker 3: Yo.
Speaker 6: So let's go into the conspiracy real you know what I'm saying. Let's take this into the conspiracy real, real quick. The chair of Sony Music recently said, when rap became the number one genre, instead they signed a thousand rap artists instead of one hundred great rap artists, and that's the reason why rap is declining for them, and they foresee it going back underground and coming up a lot stronger after going back underground. So in essence, what I heard was, you're gonna try to force rap music to go back underground. You're defunding all these marketing budgets, you're shifting the money to different genres. And to catalogs that you already own. And that's the focus on suspending. And now we're gonna try to let rap just go underground. So is this part of that?
Speaker 4: Let the laboratory pay for itself and then you purchase the medicine when it's done.
Speaker 9: So is loocien grange connection to Diddy playing any part in this?
Speaker 8: Are they? Are they doing some diabolical stuff behind it?
Speaker 3: His son? His son is about to take over.
Speaker 9: Well, I'm just saying that that's still connected to the father though. So if they if they twist the father up, the son ain't got no action. So is he trying to just sink the ship? You know what I'm saying. And you know, let the Titanic go down and and and scatter before before that happened.
Speaker 3: I don't think so, Bro. I think the Universal Music Group is indestructive.
Speaker 8: No such thing, no such thing.
Speaker 9: That's just like saying America's in destruction, you know what I'm saying, camp Up.
Speaker 1: I like I like, I like, I like America's chances less I like you, and chance is better of being.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, Bro, they have a lot of money, they have a lot of influence, bro, and it's just not music. You know, there's a lot of people in that building, a lot of big megastars. You gotta remember, everybody any sloop over that gem. Everybody is over there. Only is the only thing left. To some degree, It's like two labels left.
Speaker 9: And everybody ain't everybody on the Diddy Party list de Steam list.
Speaker 2: That list will never come out.
Speaker 8: I don't know, never say never.
Speaker 2: And then and then if it comes out, nobody is going to react.
Speaker 1: No listen, this whole Diddy Diddy travesty is all a sham.
Speaker 2: Don't nobody care about who?
Speaker 1: Nobody care about Diddy buying no prostitutes, nobody care about how Diddy was partying.
Speaker 2: Nobody cared because everybody, all.
Speaker 1: Of these people, even the people in the chat, party the same way. I am the only the honorable glasses look the only nigga.
Speaker 12: That don't party that way. And Cam the only people that don't party that way. This is normal people party. The reason in this matter to Diddy is because some other stuff is going on. Something else is wrong. You feel me so again, It's like Crooked is making some compelling points. Could he be making a play to get out of this deal? Because I did hear that a couple of times today. This is the wrong way to do it. The enemies to have if you plan to be in this business.
Speaker 1: After today, It don't even matter whether or not they let him go. It don't even matter if they let him go. It does not matter if they let him go. He made the greatest mistake of his life today in the business. He made the greatest mistake of his life in the culture a couple months ago during the battle, But he made the greatest mistake of his life today challenging the business.
Speaker 5: Possible for the door to.
Speaker 4: What if we're seeing a whole trend of in the last couple of years, and by a couple I mean sixty but opportunistic Department of Justice prosecutors.
Speaker 5: He could do this walk away.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow and potentially entice actual criminal investigation action by people who want to get their name out there.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm gonna tell you, this messing with somebody like Universal, it would mess around and reverse back on him. They would fuck around and twist him up somehow and start looking at this stuff. Because I'm gonna tell you, all he's going to do is get hisself further scrutinized. So if he got anything done, if he got anything filing his catalog, dog, he's gonna be in trouble. He might be sitting next to Didny somewhere. I'm telling you, man, these people ain't nothing to play with.
Speaker 9: They not nothing to play with. And he like he like Biden to me, or you know what I'm saying. He ain't making any decisions. He worked too much to too many people for for us to think Drake just made that decision. Somebody else's handlers is advising, somebody else is.
Speaker 8: Making him do that.
Speaker 1: I think mand Jones on his own reconnaissance and not talking to him, and that's me his destruction. Shout for the five dollars the petition.
Speaker 2: The petition is filed under a vague LLC.
Speaker 1: He didn't want this to go public, but they're trying to flip it like he's looking out for indie artists. That is a major boy, that David Jones. He figured out the audio problem.
Speaker 8: We couldn't figured it out.
Speaker 2: The crook.
Speaker 5: He is going to get replaced by David Jones.
Speaker 2: Twish is another no hour Monday, Wednesday and Friday at noon.
Speaker 1: Dave, I need you at the lunch hour at twelve o'clock Pacific Standard time Monday, Wednesday and Friday noon.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you got going on. You cook it. Hm, it's kind of late to be cooking, but you cook, but you cook it.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm gonna tell you, though, Man, we see this all the time, and especially in music. Man, people allow their youth bridge to start thinking man, that they that they almost on the deity level. Man, and they find out the chorus, mh, I'm fly too close to the sun. I wound up getting heated up. I'm telling you, man, this is gonna end bad for dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just it just it almost can't work out. Like he's not.
Speaker 1: Like he's empowered by the business.
Speaker 2: Like without the business, how do you like he.
Speaker 8: Ft on both both sides.
Speaker 9: Like he already got something he can't handle from from Kendrick in these West Coast and now the United States.
Speaker 8: Fans street, these street people, the soldiers.
Speaker 9: And now he want to throw a fit against Daddy or or whatever.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 8: What I'm saying is lose lose situation.
Speaker 3: He had to do, man, I'm pretty sure his advisors told him this. All he had to do was ship the fuck up and go somewhere.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny that we keep thinking his advisors is telling him that. I'm starting to really believe No, they're not.
Speaker 2: Told this.
Speaker 1: A long time ago, he said, glasses, people be telling these people whatever they want to hear. He told me that at an elephant bar in Lakewood. He said, Glasses, these people telling these people whatever they want to hear. They're trying to keep their business. And I equated. I equated that to people trying to keep their positions at the job.
Speaker 2: So they telling the payroll whatever they need to hear to stay on the payroll.
Speaker 9: I can see that because I can see, like did he did? He did the same thing, So I guess he didn't have no advisors to tell him to try to sue dally On or whoever that was the city.
Speaker 8: So I guess you could be right about that.
Speaker 3: This is all arrogance man, This is all his arrogancet man. It's gonna be his undoing because he seems to think I'm Drake, I can do whatever the hell I want to do, and he do this, he gonna find out the hard way.
Speaker 2: He already did it.
Speaker 1: That's the problem. Like he already he already put that out there. Iteddy's lawsuit was like it wasn't about that, Like he filed this so they could force so he could force them to deliver.
Speaker 2: Material, paperwork and stuff about the claims.
Speaker 1: Like if you start getting you know, the government in these people business, you're gonna have a real problem.
Speaker 8: Ain't the best question.
Speaker 3: Univers will pay a lot of money. Universe will pay a lot of taxes. Brough. It's a lot of people making money off at university. You gotta remember, it ain't just music, it'st movies, it's liquor, it's all kind of stuff. They got their hands in, man and they make it. They pay a lot of money, They make a lot of money, and they make a lot of other people money.
Speaker 8: So the question is why, damn.
Speaker 9: Let's let's look at why if Drake is accusing him of that, why would they do that to Drake?
Speaker 8: Why? What would their motivation?
Speaker 3: Bro? That's Drake in his mind?
Speaker 9: No, I mean, just let's let's humor that though. Let's let's just try to go down that little rabbit hole for a second. What would they have against Drake? Why would they favor Kendrick over Drake?
Speaker 4: It would be almost kind of like the way you see, you know how, like with regard to certain like virality algorithms, when something starts to get hot, they go like the algorithm identifies it. It went from zero to one thousand, like really fast, so it will flood it. So it goes from one thousand to ten million. And perhaps they were just like, all right, what Kenderck just did is bigger than what we foresee Drake doing in the near future. So we're gonna flood this and capitalize on this moment because it's that this is the moment that we're gonna the most out.
Speaker 9: Of at Drake, at Drake's at Drake's expense of being called the a minor. So they don't care nothing about his character.
Speaker 3: See, we all know that the last thing he did get four hundred million. You don't get all that money at once. And there's some stipulations in there too. Lastly, they don't want to give him the rest of that money, and they do kind of want to f him off.
Speaker 4: And sometimes you know this, it might be like Jerry Krause and the nineteen ninety eight bulls.
Speaker 5: Look you've peaked.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I cannot think of one single reason that the business would empower Kendrick over Drake.
Speaker 8: Me neither.
Speaker 1: I can't I gat that of a sole reason. Five year outlook, the business would They're the same age, not one sole reason.
Speaker 2: Can I think of why the business would empower Ken Like?
Speaker 1: Drake has had so many records, smash hit records. I think he's like thirteen in fourteen in like, he has more number one records on the Hot one hundred than Michael Jackson.
Speaker 4: Kendrick forced their hands. Kendrick kicked him out of the community. It forced their hands.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's even true, because I gotta.
Speaker 3: Ask truth this question. At any point, man, did Drake reach out to you for you to rescue him, man, for you to donate? Yo?
Speaker 7: Still man, that's hilarious, you know what I'm saying. That's hysterical, but real talk.
Speaker 6: It is kind of like, why would they like it would have to be some behind the scenes stuff that we not pretty too. That could be the only reason why they would choose to push Kendrick and push Drake out, you know what I'm saying, Because even a mid tier Drake is bringing him money, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So and I'm gonna tell you though, people gotta twist that Drake was a bigger artist than on Kendrick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, I mean but but minus hold on, I got you Grid, but minus the bigger artist. I cannot think of one sole reason the label chooses.
Speaker 2: Kendrick over Drake. It doesn't make sense like he had to actually win the I mean, listen, he had better records.
Speaker 1: I think during the battle, I think Drake didn't lean to his strategy of making really good records that can be played all over the country. I think he really went into it with a battle mind. I'm gonna battle this guy, like you know, he he believed all of the height of battle rap and and you know when he went away from what work of him in the Meek Meal battle right, which was back to back, and then he gets to the even when he gets in a push of tea battle, he dropped a rap song like where he's just rapping, and then he gets in the Kendrick battle and the push up record is dope, right, this is good catching, but then every other record is not a really great record, right, So.
Speaker 2: I think he lost the battle.
Speaker 1: I think he lost the battle on his own right, and but I cannot find one reason why the business would ever favored Kendrick over Drake.
Speaker 2: I can't find one reason in my mind.
Speaker 3: I don't think I think best kind of reaching right there. I think it's kind of reaching, bro, And I'm gonna tell you what it is. Man. Drake has been lifting out his fantasies over the last ten to fifteen years. Right, He's been messing with girls that he probably would have never had the chance to knock down if he wouldn't. Drake gotta remember that dude used to look corny gee before he got the money, and that I didn't.
Speaker 1: Use to It looks hard yesterday, yeah, right now, Like he just looks like he's impersonating Nust, Me and Corny.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. He gets a real corner, dude, when you really think about it. Right, So he's been living fantasies. He's been going he's been really fascinated with Battle Rep. He's been going to League, been sponsoring League, he's sponsoring the whole U r L. But then you know they little streaming thing they had going on, and he really thought, in his mind, this is going to be my chance to immortalize myself in a battle.
Speaker 1: Did an incredible job with the meek meal battle hold. Let me get through these super chatter real quick. Shout out to Captain d Hard, Thanks for the five dollars.
Speaker 3: Brother.
Speaker 1: It's been reported he is in contract negotiations before the battles started. Don't know if that's true, but it's on Twitter now. He had did that a couple of years ago. Maybe he did for an extension, but I know he did that a year or two. Go shout out to Calor Production, thanks for the two dollars. My brother is spiritual. I really believe God writers. I think that's I agree with you in the innate sense of the battle, but that is not what Universal.
Speaker 2: Music Group is pushing.
Speaker 1: Righteous people not like forgive me because I don't want to say that they don't have any talent that's righteous. I'm saying I don't think that's a wanging factor for them to market and act is if they're a righteous person. I just think that's the furthest thing from their mind. I think, you know, I don't want to make it people.
Speaker 3: I don't want to go.
Speaker 1: Too hard on them, you know, because I don't know business practices. I ain't been in there. But the last thing that I get from them is righteous.
Speaker 2: That's I don't get that. As far as artistry.
Speaker 1: Shout out to the homie Omar, I do. Thanks for the five dollars. This is some great dialogues. Salu Fellas. Glad you enjoyed it. Man, we're tackling it right now. It's late because like this is just breaking events.
Speaker 2: It just matters.
Speaker 6: Yo, yo glasses. Let's go back to the battle real quick. I feel like it. I feel like what Still is talking about going into all these battle rap events and all that one the first thing you people in that world is people use angles, and you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: His angle was to live bro Kendrick. He just wanted to little.
Speaker 8: Brilliant, he feel me.
Speaker 7: And Hendrick was coming.
Speaker 6: With concept records like Meet the Grahams, and he was taking it all the way around the world with his pen as far as coming you know, on some battleship and I feel like if if he was really paying attention in them battle events, then we would have different records right now. And on the tip of the you know, the spirituality to I don't think he talking about universal music spirituality and they practices.
Speaker 7: I think he's talking about.
Speaker 6: Just period like it's time for you know, something else to come into play because of all of the the the demons in the music playground right now.
Speaker 1: Totally totally agree that there's a real demand for the Universe first is demanding for it. But trust me, Universal Music Group is not at the They are not the hands for these class group.
Speaker 7: Universe Music Group.
Speaker 4: I swear classes you got a painting or some sort of an artistic piece as the result of this battle, correct, I do have what does that depict?
Speaker 1: I forget Drake doing push ups while Kendrick as the master is watching him.
Speaker 8: Indeed, indeed, okay, drop down, give me fifty.
Speaker 2: There you go. Yes, I agree with Crooked.
Speaker 1: The Universe Music Group is definitely demanding more of a righteous fold. And and I mean something I've talked to Cam over the years about, you know, when it comes to health and and and being street as I am and the language that I use, like you could always be a street guy and be very much a righteous person.
Speaker 3: They don't.
Speaker 2: They're not mutually exclusive. They can go together.
Speaker 1: You just have to be willing to stand up and be who you are, even in the face of friends.
Speaker 2: Right, you still gotta be stern.
Speaker 1: I just don't know if that's the business of Universal Music Group.
Speaker 2: I think Universal Music Group do.
Speaker 1: I think behind the scenes they have some backdoor deals that can encourage people to do the wrong thing. Sure, but I also think, you know, people like to share in silly shit.
Speaker 2: You know, you like, I don't do drugs, but people like drugs. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I will probably be the last person to tell you why somebody like drugs or alcohol.
Speaker 2: I could never understand it.
Speaker 9: Do you think why do you think Drake wanted to get involved in the battle rap scene? Do you think that he wants an army or a brotherhood hood? He wants to for his manhood nature to be respected?
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: Because you can, you can have all the females liking you all over the world. But I really think with him.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you something, Champ. Everybody's like going to the zoo, right, because you know everybody, what's the favorite thing? People like, what's the fake what's the biggest attraction of the zoo? The gorillas and the gorilla lines right because they behind the cage. Right, how many people you think will go to zoo? If the motherfuckers is running free. When you go to park a lot, you know, gorillas just swing and treat the treatmhen you come in and just who just bombing on people lines, you know, biting people's head off, and shit, wouldn't nobody want to see that live? I think Drake has been going to the zoo man now, he think he could walk among the beasts.
Speaker 1: Shout out to ec DC tech academics talking about glasses. Long of twenty thousand viewers, Story of my Life, brother, Story.
Speaker 8: Of my Life always did something.
Speaker 1: It's always somebody that's entirely too famous upset at me.
Speaker 2: So I'm used to it.
Speaker 9: I mean it's not bad, yeah, But like I said, the beautiful thing though, is people that, like I said, the poverty, you know, produces an army, a brotherhood. So the ain't ain't no amount of money, ain't on amount of females and popularity or whatever that can equal a real army. You know what I'm saying. That's that's riding and sliding for love and respect. So I think that's what he deficient of. You know what I'm saying. All of us on this panel, you know what I'm saying, including Pete got more respect. I think you know what I'm saying than dude do That's fit where it counts.
Speaker 4: And I think it's also Yeah, because of that deficiency, he's not going to go get it in the streets.
Speaker 5: This is the closest place.
Speaker 8: He can go to get it, man, that's true.
Speaker 1: Shout out to a J. I think it's pronounced or a job, but I think it's AJ. The only thanks for the five dollars, Brodie. The only reason I can foresee U m G. Pushing Dot over rate at any moment is if they know some Nafari ship on his jacket that might hit the streets.
Speaker 2: That's a great point that possibly I think Dave for sure will unconnect from your ass. Have you got to.
Speaker 5: And what was the theme of the song?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: But but I'll be honest. When I asked Dot, he ain't gonna lie? Did ask Dot? He said, glasses, you ain't know me to be no liar.
Speaker 8: What I'm saying all this fear, all this fear, right, and.
Speaker 4: I think there's you know, hops are kind of genre where when it goes, it goes quick for a lot of artists. You know, you can have a run for a long long time, and when it when you're no longer to sound anymore, it's it. You have to wait until you're like now now you're like old school hop because people remember you.
Speaker 2: Another five dollars, my boy.
Speaker 1: It's a new contract in the lawsuit that says he owns his master's and copyright.
Speaker 2: Well, that could be another thing too.
Speaker 1: That could be another thing too, cap Like, if you own your masters and your copyrights, they might invest in somebody else because it's more money to be made.
Speaker 2: I know that's true too, you know what I mean? That can be a good point.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you some real he started to cut you off. How many artists do y'all know, man, that really were big deals that their finances don't reflect it right now? You know guys like from the nineties that have really huge records and really big careers. That was the Kindreds back in the day. How many of those guys do you see that their finances may not be all the way right? And not trying to you know, just them dudes or nothing, but just trying to make a point.
Speaker 9: Most of them meet me included, you know what I'm saying. So you know, it's a business it's a business. It's also a boys club. You know, people get to work that stay in the circle. It's a certain it's a such thing as gatekeepers or whatever, you know, a little boy's club that they're gonna they gonna keep you working if you if you get down like they get down. So I never got down like them, period. So you know, I was never invited to the Reindeer games.
Speaker 3: I say all that to say this, man, you can never you can never get in the position dude the way you think you too, big man, because I don't seen some big dudes fault.
Speaker 1: Man, he definitely, he definitely, no matter how it go, this was a mistake. There's no way he could come out on the other end and this not be a mistake because now you're making enemies.
Speaker 2: With really powerful people.
Speaker 1: Who are happened to be a lot further vested in the business you want to succeed in than you do. Not to mention again, it's like maybe you know, I don't know, man, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Like I'm trying to think of what makes sense. Maybe he's gonna quit. Maybe he's like, you know what, I'm done with this. I'm gonna blow the lid off of it, and then I'm gonna ride off into the sunset. Maybe I think he just reached I said, yeah.
Speaker 2: The sunset gonna be crazy.
Speaker 3: You know in.
Speaker 4: Canada you go far off north and the sun doesn't set for months during the summer.
Speaker 8: You're stuck in the daytime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't quite know how this works out.
Speaker 1: Again, the culture kind of they're done with him, right, which he does have a fan base. To Kriuk's point earlier that you know he got from obviously years and years of great music and success, right that that he's going to have an audience. But Universal is tied to the people that own the arenas. Universal is tied to the people that actually streamed the music.
Speaker 2: Universal, like you.
Speaker 1: Get what I'm saying, You start to put yourself into a disadvantage because these people are connected to everybody, you know what I mean, and they will stop.
Speaker 2: So I don't quite know what the thought is.
Speaker 1: I just think it's a bad thought.
Speaker 3: Quick. What was his last three records? Because then his last three records do like unbelievably bad. His last three singles.
Speaker 1: He tried to drop, I mean, bad for Drake is probably not in the top twenties.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think these records even hit the top one hundred.
Speaker 2: From what I mean, well, I think he put out a lot.
Speaker 1: Mind. Yeah, he's obviously been struggling. He's obviously been struggling. But I also don't think he went in there and started to try to make really great records that address where he's at and gave people what they.
Speaker 2: Wanted to hear.
Speaker 5: I don't think it will matter.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's still like how j Cole was able to do with that song where he tried to rewrite history and act like, oh y'all to do.
Speaker 3: Didn't get hit like this he was.
Speaker 5: I don't think like this.
Speaker 1: You know this is John came out with latinum album and the gold album in top forty songs. Joe Rule still is streets, so he understands what not to do.
Speaker 5: Rul's persona nongrada for a decade.
Speaker 8: Mm hmm yeah, but this is worse.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 5: That's why the company pivoted.
Speaker 1: Like this could be and remember and remember, like to John, them's situation, Remember they called a fair case. And that's when the label walked away from Shug, walked away from Jay and walked away from uh Earth at that same time, they all had caught fit. People didn't realize that they all called fair cases at the same time.
Speaker 9: So Drake trying to give a real trip off that So Drake trying to give Universe who a fair case?
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, his his attorneys to mention Rico in the paperwork like that.
Speaker 8: Is it's not it's not good. It's not gonna end good.
Speaker 3: They could be going through some kind of crisis right now, man, where he's like he's gonna seem too much and he's about to tell it all. You know, you got that one homie that you take on the mission. You see the probably shouldn't be going the next day. He might be about to drop the bomb.
Speaker 1: Bro shout out to George Williams. He said, that's why we never get ahead. He's not scared to be the fall guy for the future guys. This has nothing to do with fall god.
Speaker 2: For future guys.
Speaker 1: All he's going to do is stop record companies from marketing record He's not even gonna stop anything. There's nothing for anybody else that's going to And he's not himself being a fall guy.
Speaker 2: He's point. He got another guy.
Speaker 1: He's like that guy. He's not saying, hey, you know what, this is what the record label. If he wanted to be the fall guy and didn't want yeah, he could do it for himself. He could be like, this is how they marketed me. This is how they spent the money. I have the paperwork right here, here's the proof. Look at this, this, this, this, this. But he's doing what Gunna did. He's like, no, look what they did for him. Look at that guy over there. They did this for him, you know ex Rico so Forth and so on. You feel me, they did that for him. Now, if he wanted to be the fall guy, he would say, this is what they did for me. Hey, you know what. They falsely marketed my stuff. They made me bigger than I was. My numbers caught up and I was an Arenas so Forth and so on. That's if he was trying to be a fall guy or a martyr or or or Jesus type of person in that regard, he would take the responsibility. He would not be pointing at who he could consider his Judas as Jesus didn't be like it was Judas. It was like whatever feemy Draken, like Drake Peno Brown in the court room.
Speaker 9: On New Jack City, damn and Drake Drake low key like Howard Hughes. You've seen a Howard huge story in The Eccentric went crazy and the big ass man just start peeing in bottles and lining them up, grew on his fingernails all along.
Speaker 8: Drake, might you might need to get that little fifty one to fifty watch.
Speaker 2: My boy was like me, no, he was like it was Kendrick. You a witness everybody.
Speaker 4: Drake showed up to the police department with the rape cap.
Speaker 3: G I gotta go on, pick a baby girl. I love y'all.
Speaker 2: Man in a minute, my boy, Yeah, he not.
Speaker 6: He not a fall guy. He's a I want to speak to the manager. That's what he's doing right now, you know what I'm saying. And you know, if he wanted to talk about how corrupt the industry is, he wouldn't have waited to turn the light on on his supposed enemy.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 6: This is this is this has nothing to do with anything righteous for the future of artistry.
Speaker 7: You feel me?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 7: Will it end up being something like that, We don't.
Speaker 6: I doubt it, But okay, that would just be a byproduct of him trying to get vengeance and stay on his mission.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: It's not in his intentions to to save to save the music.
Speaker 7: You feel me if you're not gonna do that.
Speaker 6: So he's the first lay Yeah u MG, Like you said, man, you know they they when they start activating. Boy, let me tell you if people people don't think they had nothing to do with with with that Rico from the Color of Colorful Hair.
Speaker 7: Guy, you know what, they stay out their minds.
Speaker 6: So my whole thing is, like you said, they got a lot of power and this ain't gonna unfold how him and his team thought.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I don't know, Bro, like he crashing out, You feel me like he crashing out right now? That's all that's all he doing.
Speaker 1: He was smartier right now there he is, come for Kenny, the educated brother from Compton. That's who the real leader of this, this this ambition Undertaker is doing.
Speaker 4: If Dre was smart, he should have paid another artist to sue and paid for the legal fish.
Speaker 2: Oh Man shout out to Flocko.
Speaker 1: He said, come on, big bro, Drake is doing this for the people like us who preach against corrupt infrastructure. We should be celebrating this. This is bigger than Kendrick and Drake. I would buy that what they did for him and his business. He come out and break the industry in half. All you got to do is like, this is what they did for me. They made this work. I know they spent this money. Here's the proof. He could talk about everything, but when he's pointing at Kendrick, That's why it's not about preaching against the corrupt infrastructure, bro the benefactor.
Speaker 6: He is suing them for a song called not Like Us by Kendrick Lamar. That's what the fuck this is about, Bro, like not try to you know what I mean. I'm the most positive thinking brother you can fucking meet, you know what I mean. But he's not going to go into the land of fairy tale. The motherfucker said, Yo, not like Us. It's the craziest fucking the Tommy nuclear bomb that ever dropped on the rapper's head. And like that ship everywhere I go, they planned it in the World series.
Speaker 7: He's trying to it has nothing to do with that other ship.
Speaker 6: Now, like I said, if it becomes a if that other ship becomes a byproduct, please believe it is not his intention because simply put like you said, Gee, he's pointing his finger. Bro, He's pointing his finger and he's saying, Yo, this is what they did for him, and I'm going to expose it.
Speaker 7: If not like us as a dud. We never had this conversation.
Speaker 2: And poet Clocko.
Speaker 1: When you told me the album dish, I didn't believe it. This is unbelievable.
Speaker 3: You were right.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you predicted it, Flocko. Hip hop is street urban culture. The first time we talk on your platform on No Jumper, I explained it to you. It's artistically expressed street urban culture. It's the way you act, walk, talk. Everything about it is that it's not It doesn't lead with music first. The confusion is that it leads with music first. No, it leads with culture first. If it led with music, Chief Keith win it sold three records. No disrespect to Chief Keith, but he ain't quite Herbie Hancock, he's not quite Quincy Jones and Michael Jackson. You know it's music isn't quite you know, Ray Charles, you know he's not on a piano playing.
Speaker 2: You feel me. That type of couldn't work if it was music first.
Speaker 1: If that was the case, then Leon Haywood's song would be multi platinum and Doctor Dre's song would have only sold you know, g would have sold five thousand if it was about music, because the music in these other genres is superior the music. Now when you add in the fact that hip hop is about culture, it's about discovery and people that don't have a voice, and a movement of people that refuse to be ignored and determine to let you know they exist and talk about their experience in this very small minute population in America. All it's very few ghettos that create the stuff that we're talking about.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, that's what hip hop is about, and that's what we come for.
Speaker 1: See, I've never been confused and thought to myself, we come from music again, Like right now, people ask me all the time, you gonna listen to more new artists. I'm like, because I'm actually listening for music now now I'm not listening for culture. I'm like, well, what actually sounds good. I'm gonna go play Hall of Noakes. I'm going to go play Prince. I'm going to go discover the third Marvin Gaye album because I'm going to listen to music, but when I listen to hip hop, I listen for culture, I listen for lingo, I listen for style, fashion representation, and then music. So again, it's like when you was asking me how that battle will play out. It's a guy with culture that understands culture versus a guy with no street urban culture zero. He's been kind of like impersonating it. It's like asking me, you know what, a in a soul ful competition, who would win? Like Eminem's Prime Eminem or Kentucky Fried Chicken. There's nobody in the world that's going to taste both soul fools. You asking me who in King Tacos or Taco Bill, anybody would taste buds.
Speaker 2: It's going to work.
Speaker 9: Where it's a certain type of taste buds Because to me, it's like also like uh, Godzilla and King Kong, right, the machine made them both global monsters, but when it comes to them battling each other, one of them got way more weapons than the other one, you know what I'm saying on that On that scene.
Speaker 4: It to me like it was like when I first started seeing the comments and some of the posts about this on social media, the wagons circled so fast. They circled so fast, and like this is is is South stupid. It's kind of funny. You three guys haven't been on that side of the wagons like I feel. How the wagons circle on to be You know, it happens fast and you see it boom and it doesn't unhappen, and everybody in the room knew it. And it was cool for Drake until Drake just did that little thing to give him the excuse. And he did it, and he capitalized on it, and they just went and he was over there.
Speaker 2: It happened so fast.
Speaker 7: I got a question, where does Drake go from here?
Speaker 2: He justss he has to wait until he's nostalgic.
Speaker 8: I think I think he would never do this.
Speaker 10: But if he, if he apologized, you know what I'm saying, if he if he apologized to the culture and embraced you know, reality instead of playing like he was God and trying.
Speaker 8: To son everybody.
Speaker 9: And you know, because you on this, I'm rich and I'm balling and I'm playing these money games, and you know what I'm saying, you have to break it all the way down.
Speaker 8: And get with some real people. Do it.
Speaker 9: Do a whole lot of charity. You know what I'm saying, Like, you gotta do a whole lot of Santa Claus.
Speaker 1: You have to actually come clean and be for real. You have to be genuine. Shout out to Big China. Blogger said he bullies people legally and he really wants to sue that. I believe that too. Shout out the tree, he said, Invite him to the podcast, man, d wouldn't come to this. Drake wouldn't come to that podcast.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: It's funny because we wouldn't even be talking about this stuff, but he would be so mad and upset that he wouldn't really, you know, be okay with the conversation.
Speaker 2: Hold on, this is this is head called him? Let me see what he talking about? Like, what up? I can't call it.
Speaker 1: I got you on the live stream with me, Crooked Cam and Pete.
Speaker 2: Oh, don't worry nobout.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows that when you call me, is required that you say cuz that's how everybody greets me, all the white lawyers managers to say what's up?
Speaker 2: Because when he called me, like what's up? Because come on, I don't.
Speaker 11: To understand the process behind the goings on.
Speaker 2: What the going is on is we can't figure it out.
Speaker 1: We've been trying to discover and what's going on for the last hour and thirty five minutes, and none of us is really close. Because the best thing I heard came from a comment where somebody said he owns his master's and copyright in his new contract. So maybe that's why they could favor Kendrick over him, But I still don't understand why that would bother him to the point to where he would sabotage his business future with UMG and affiliates.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's a I get to.
Speaker 1: I still don't think so, because I would imagine the money with Drake and where they have positioned him to is incredible.
Speaker 2: So it doesn't makes sense.
Speaker 1: So the most the most realistic, you know, solution is he's having in an emotional outbreak and he has the kind of money that people are not saying, hey, this is not a wise idea.
Speaker 11: I don't think there's any one probably around that's going to culturally navigate.
Speaker 1: Him, and that's again the same problem Cam said. Crooet asked a question, he said, what would it take to get Drake back into a decent position, and Cam said he'll never do this, but to apologize to the culture into everything else about what he's been doing and decide to himself he's going to become more of a humanitarian and look out for the culture that he's benefited off.
Speaker 2: Of and work from there.
Speaker 1: But again, it would take a level of self awareness, like conscious to where you can understand what's happening. And I definitely do not believe he has his self aware to understand and you know, possible consequences for misusing the culture this way to the benefit of just making money and feeling like the equivalent is empowering a couple of other rappers, which really still gives you the same credibility, you know what I mean. And I don't think Drake is one of these people who don't. I think he definated the schools and he tries his best, but this is something really deep, like this is a really you know, we're hard on each other.
Speaker 2: He had community wise over this.
Speaker 1: We are hard over people who've really been through this, let alone people who didn't go through this. So I mean it requires a shout out to either seventy eight. The answer is it requires humility and you can forget about that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, there's numerous there's a couple of individuals who have experenced a lot of humility over the last few years.
Speaker 3: I progress with the system.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure, all right, I'm here you once we finished, so.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, I crooked. I think we then spent a lot of time. Cam.
Speaker 1: I think we just spent a lot of time trying to figure out I don't have the answer.
Speaker 7: So the answer comes back to a Kendrick song.
Speaker 8: Be humble, mm hmm. Is that gonna happen?
Speaker 1: And that'll do it? Much love to y'all, Man, see y'all Wednesday at noon. Man he thanks Crooking, Thanks big Bro, Cam Pete. We back here Wednesday. Make sure y'all go subscribe to the No Silllings podcast when you leave here. It's on Apples podcasts anywhere.
Speaker 2: Who get your podcast?
Speaker 1: The No Sillings Podcast produced by Charlemagne to God, Black Effect Network and iHeart Get Down, Where You get Out, Where You're mad at Playboy. We out there, good looking out for tuning in to the No Sellers Podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate, comment, and share. This episode was recorded right here on the West Coast of the USA and produced by The Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeart Radio.
Speaker 3: Yeah.