Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: Live from San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts Brian Alvarez and Mike sempervv.
Speaker 3: Right, you're ready, When you're ready.
Speaker 2: Let's get it off.
Speaker 1: How's it going, everybody? Briyan Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday noon Pacific three Eastern Sunday's three Pacific, six Eastern Saturday Mornings with Jim Valley, ten Pacific one Eastern Sundays with Andrewsering. And it is Tuesday here on the show, and you know that means we got.
Speaker 4: A lot to talk about.
Speaker 1: Raw was last night, and we got more for Wressell Palooza, and in fact, we may have a whole card. One match has not been announced, but Triple H kind of sort of revealed a lot on a appearance on the Pat McAfee show today, So.
Speaker 4: We'll tell you the lineup for that show.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of lineups for a lot of shows coming up in a lot of big matches, So we're going to go over all of that today, including the TENA Impact lineup for September eleventh. As Lance Storm will be joining us on the show today the dulcet tones of his voice, but maybe not videos. He can't get his camera working, but we will find an appropriate photograph of Lance to use on the program here today.
Speaker 4: So that is that.
Speaker 1: We got an XT tonight. We got Dynamite Tomorrow. We got some news including the rating for the SmackDown Show which did extremely well because aj Lee returned.
Speaker 4: We'll tell you about.
Speaker 1: That as well as aw Tag Team Title Man. We'll be headlining CMLL this coming Friday. We've got the Raw Report is noted with a bunch of matches for Russell Palooza, and we will take your feedback. Might have time for a lot of feedback today. Not a ton of news going on, so if you would like to join the show, a lot of ways to do so. You can text us. Four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six is the phone number that is four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six at Fordable online at gmail dot com, atforda w online, Threads, Instagram, and cameo ten dollars cameos at Brian Alvarez on X and Blue Sky Back in a moment with more Observer.
Speaker 5: Live Cape leesterday for the tales on how to get up to three hundred dollars airline credit. Sky Holidays introduces a one of a kind air credit program. Our buying team got a little too aggressive in getting hotel and air deals, so now we have to liquidate our prices.
Speaker 6: Here's how.
Speaker 5: Whether you want to go to Paris, Las Vegas, London, Atlanta, Hawaii, or anywhere else in the world, we have amazing deals. Book is selected hotel and we'll give you up to three hundred dollars airline credit. Now you can book your vacation and get a free credit to use towards airline travel. We'll book both airline and hotel with one simple phone call. We have access to most airlines and deals. Are thousands and thousands of places to stay. Call right now, book your hotel rooms, claim your airline credit. You can change or modify it at any time. Eight hundred two five six four eight one six, eight hundred two five six four eight one six. That's eight hundred two five six forty eight sixteen.
Speaker 7: We're not a two Americans thinks their life is worthy of a book. Here's another startling stat You may be one of the fifteen percent of people who bothered to start your book and one of this six percent that got halfway through it, but your gem of an idea likely died or did it. Some published authors are making significant money, so join the ranks of the successful people that finish their books with help from Dorance Publishing. Call right now and are experienced editors and writers will explain to you what it's going to take to get your book completely written, published and then taken to market to sell it. It's a free consultation, so call right now find out how much time and money it takes to finally get that book idea of yours published. Make your dreams happen. Call Dourrance Publishing right now.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred four eight five six thousand and three eight hundred four to eight five six thousand three eight hundred four eight five six thousand three. That's eight hundred four eight five six zero zero three.
Speaker 8: Do you have Medicare and do you use a SEAPAP machine. This is a National Healthcare alert regarding your SEAPAP supplies. Using a clean SEAPAP mask and clean supplies is important to staying healthy. The best way to make sure your SEATPAP equipment is clean is to get new supplies.
Speaker 4: If you have.
Speaker 8: Medicare, we have great news. Medicare will pay for you to have new clean supplies every ninety days. We'll even do all the paperwork for you to make sure that there's little to no out of pocket cost to you, and you don't even have to leave your home. We provide free in home delivery. So if you're a SEAPAP user and you have Medicare, staying healthy with new SEATPAP equipment is easy. Just make this free phone call right now to get started.
Speaker 5: Sponsored by Specialty Medical. Eight hundred nine one three nine seven three nine, eight hundred nine one three nine seven three nine, eight hundred nine one three nine seven three nine. That's eight hundred nine one three ninety seven thirty nine.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike SIMPERVVI on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: The show bright Over is here. Wrestling Observer Live. A Lance Storm is kind of joining us here today.
Speaker 6: I'm here in mind and body, but not video.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's going on? What's with this computer?
Speaker 6: I do not know. For some reason, it decided it would not recognize my camera today, and I've restarted it and just waiting for the email to load. I should be back in here very quickly.
Speaker 4: You rebooted the camera works?
Speaker 6: No, I've rebooted it and got everything open. So now I'm going to try to connect and see if it recognizes my camera or not.
Speaker 4: Well, let's see what's going on here. See, we're just gonna wait.
Speaker 6: Perfect. It does seem to have acknowledged me.
Speaker 4: Oh, look at that.
Speaker 1: See that's the answer the wins. There's always lance reboot the computer. That seems to be the magic perfect. All right, Well, we're gonna start with everyone's favorite topic here briefly, and that is ratings. No, this irritates people, but this is notable this week. I'm gonna tell you why. So this past Saturday is Collision. This past Saturday's Collision did three hundred thousand viewers. Are you ready for this? Up ninety one point one percent from the week prior eighteen to forty nine to eight point zero seven, which is up seventy five percent from last week. This is the best audience since July twenty sixth and the best eighteen to forty nine since August ninth, And there was competition from college football on several cable in Networ stations airing head to head. And you know, I don't want to say, because listen, I could sit here and just try and say I was right and everything like that. But the fact is, listen, we don't really know. Okay, we don't really know. But they advertised a full collision card. We had four or five matches prior to collision, and the show did significantly better the week prior when it did a record low. We did fun Friday and we had zero Goose Egg, no matches whatsoever for Collision.
Speaker 4: Nothing.
Speaker 1: We had nothing announced for Collision. And you can go back and track if you want, but there was a period where they started advertising matches. It was like a two week period they started advertising matches for Dynamite. This was I think at the end, I think this might have been going into the ECW arena. But the point is they had like two weeks and the show did fine, and then for whatever reason, after two good weeks of advertising matches, they like stopped again. And in both cases Dynamite and Collision. The show died with nothing announced. Well, now they've announced a bunch of stuff for Collision, and Collision did better. And obviously, you know some of the stuff they advertised, you could say, well, John Moxley, he was on the show the week prior when they did the record low. They did John Moxley and Daniel Garcia two weeks in a row. One week they did a big advertising push for it, the other week they didn't. And the reason they did. The show did significantly better. So this coming Wednesday, we already have four segments announced, four matches actually, and so we'll find out Wednesday. You know, if Dynamite does much better on Wednesday, I think we really need to think about the value of advertising matches in advance now, so you.
Speaker 6: Should take into consideration promotion when promoting your promotion.
Speaker 1: Yes, I've said this a thousand times. Tony Kahan is supposed to be the booker and the promoter, but he's only the booker. He doesn't promote, and you need to promote as a promoter. And they promoted Collision and the show did better. Now you know what's ironic. The SmackDown Show also did very well up thirty eight percent the eighteen to forty ninety zo point five to one, which is up eighty two percent. The best of the show has done since April eighteenth. And this is kind of an irony, but it's not. It's all because of AJ, who they didn't advertise, all right.
Speaker 6: But they let you know.
Speaker 4: That's the point.
Speaker 1: Nobody going as SmackDown was unaware that there was a very good chance that we talked about it on Friday. AJ is going to be on the show. Brock Lezer is going to be on the show. It's exactly like Siampunk's Day in aw Like. They didn't say this person's gonna be on the show, but they pretty much told you that these things were gonna happen.
Speaker 6: Purpose leaked her merch. I guarantee you that was not a mistake.
Speaker 1: Well, the point is, hey, you know what, Then they advertised AJ, and they did a great number. She is the reason for that number. The show did very, very well. So after a week of every show except NXT dying, well we're back to we're back to shows doing well again. So I would mention one other thing as well, which is, you guys, remember the one show that didn't die last week anybody remember XT, And you know what NXT has that none of these other shows have.
Speaker 4: They always have.
Speaker 1: A ton of matches announced by the time NXT goes off the air. I'm just saying they had a full card. They had like six seven things announced going into last week's show, and they were the one show that survived the violent skewering of all professional wrestling. I should also mention that one quick thing here. Every week, Brandon Thurston has a raw data report, and you know, of course, Dave's got his formula, which I'll say, I'll say this thing about Dave's formula is he is just doing division based on.
Speaker 4: What Netflix posts.
Speaker 1: And I don't know what Netflix is doing, but like the math, it does actually not work. But the point of this is Brandon Thurston has a raw viewership report that he does every week, and he's actually got an explanation. And he even adds here ours view divided by runtime does not consistently reconciled Netflix's report of global views.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 1: But anyway, he's got a he's got a formula of his own, and if you look at it raw, last week September one did one point four million viewers, which actually sounds like what you would think Raw does. And you know, it's been somewhat consistent dating back to May, so he's got the show averaging about, you know, one point five one point six million every week. The September first show did poorly, but you know, it's going up against football now, so that would explain that. But I think this is a much better you know, this is much closer to what I think Raw is doing than I think. You know, Dave's formula came up to like one hundred and eighty thousand viewers in the US, which is like, it's impossible, It's absolutely impossible. So one point four million sounds about right, because it's not like they aren't drawing people to the buildings. It's not like people aren't into the stars or the show or whatever. So it seems that is doing prior to football season right around one point six million viewers every week, and now that football has started, they're going to struggle. It'll probably be about one point four million. And those are your numbers, So there you go. By the way, I wasn't gonna bring this up because we talked about on The Dave Show, But did you.
Speaker 4: Ever meet Chuck Coates.
Speaker 6: No, I did not.
Speaker 1: Mad Max Russian Assassin stormtrooper Hans Hessler Agent Max.
Speaker 4: It also believe.
Speaker 6: So anyway, it's possible one of the post retirement matches he could have been on the undercard, but I don't.
Speaker 1: Recall, or he could have been on one of those WCW shows just backstage as enhancement, because he did WWF and WCW enhancement matches for a long time. And another person this week that passed away due to heart problems, So all the best to his friends and family. Sixty three three years old, kind of worked all over the place for a long time. But uh, that was Chuck Coates passed away yesterday morning. All right, when we come back, we're gonna do some news. We'll do the Raw Report, We'll talk about some upcoming lineups including Impact. Hey, they got some matches announced in advance. That's always good. Joe Hendry versus Eric Young and Moose and AJ Francis Moose and AJ Francis.
Speaker 4: Vinnie's gonna be so excited back in a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simper. Vivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Back in the show, Brian Elverz here Wrestling Observer Live Lance is joining us. We got NXT Tonight flag match, Sean's going right that old basket of tricks, the old flag match, Ethan Page and Tavian Heights, which it's a flag match. I don't think the titles on the line, so I think Tavian's got to win, and then that sets up the title match. We got Fatal Influence versus Tizzy, Tatum and Izzy.
Speaker 4: And Zauka.
Speaker 1: Did this start with like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie?
Speaker 2: Is this?
Speaker 1: What is this where we get all these stupid names where it's like we just got to merge everyone's name together. I could be okay, like one team did it, but now all of them have to do it.
Speaker 6: I think it started like back when Vince basically killed tag team wrestling and there weren't any actual you know, Road Warriors, Midnight Express teams, and it was just the two single guys mashed together for four months. So that's when you got the Jerry Show and Tizzy and just because no one's actually a full blown team or at least like the Street Profits, they debuted as a team, so they have a team name. But when you're just single stars mushed together, they mushed together names like Tizzy, lame Yes, Suck Glad. I was an impact player, not whatever name you'd come up with, Chancy, it was.
Speaker 4: It was you and uh just incredible.
Speaker 1: Let's see that'd be uh incredible, storm storm Edible.
Speaker 6: There you go. I might get over today storm Edible. Actually that might people like their edibles.
Speaker 1: Javon versus Josh Briggs, Faby Apache and Laney Reid and his speed tournament match. I can't even make some of these up. Trick Williams and a mystery partner confront Di I Y in a bizarre set up for that, as the Babyfaces were total heels to poor Trick, and then Dark State versus Hank and Tank for the tag team titles. So that's tonight. Wednesday Dynamite, Hangman and Josh Alexander, non title Tony Storm and sky Blue in a Philly street fight which I presume is non title Shelton, Benjamin, Ricochet and Mercedes and Emmy Soccer versus Rijo and Alex Windsor. So that's Wednesday, And then, like I said, Thursday, Joe Hendry, Eric Young and Moose and A. J.
Speaker 4: Francis, Ga Lee Big Hoss fight there.
Speaker 1: That's a mean guy match if I ever saw one. Then World's Collide Friday. I can't wait for this show. It's too late to drive down The Kingo versus Dominic for the Mega Title, Psycho Clown and Pugano against Kofi and Xavier, The New Day, The Rain of darrainus number one contenders Mancinatti and by Apache Mixed Tag Finn and Rock Sand versus Mister Iguana and Lola ice Ejode Doctor Wagner Junior defends the Latin American title against Dragon Lee, J D. McDonough and Ethan Page in a four way. And then at Luca's Showcase with Laparca, Mosquerito, Sagrada, Nino Ambergesa, Cruz del Toro, Joaquin Wilde in Dorado Mini Abaizmo Negro and not Octagon Junior as he almost got killed by Pegano, so it looks like he's gonna be out of action for a while.
Speaker 4: Like sat on his face.
Speaker 1: Mmm, Pogano's uh forte is not moves.
Speaker 4: It's kind of.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to figure out someone had an idea for you and Valvenus.
Speaker 6: We were a tag team at one point in time, although technical actually I was. I was a tag team partner of Chief Morlees as well as Valvenus's Stinus.
Speaker 1: Oh Jesus, Yeah, there's gotta be something with that one, all right. Got a couple of news notes here. Uh, Triple H was on Pad McAfee show and he said, I'll give you a spoiler right now. Cody will be back in Indianapolis, and so obviously Brandy just recently gave birth and so he's been off the road for.
Speaker 4: A little while.
Speaker 1: But it is believed that that's going to be the Cody Drew McIntyre match. That'll be at Russell Palooza. They are doing the Drew McIntire Randy Orton match on SmackDown Friday, which is a pretty big match for SmackDown to do that.
Speaker 6: Match, smart that they advertise it ahead of time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Randy Orton Drew McIntyre. Also, there's a title match with Tiffany and Jade and Brock Lesner appears, which is interesting because Brock will there, but Sina will not, So I guess he's just gonna do a promo or something like that. We also have the Triple A I'm sorry, the AEW tag team titles on the line. They're doing a show in Mexico City and Bandido and Brody King will be facing Zondacon Junior and Defunto. That's the main event of the show, an AW tag title match. A bunch of other matches on the show as well, but that's coming up on Friday.
Speaker 6: Come on, we were making fun of amalgamated names. At least push Brodido.
Speaker 1: There's another one that's at least that one. I'm alright with bro Dido, but I'm not sure about the rest of all of these. All right, if you have questions for the show, everybody, we got a few minutes for the raw report.
Speaker 4: We like to save that for the last segment. Right.
Speaker 1: Oh, so, apparently Octagon Junior's doctor cleared him, so he may be on the show. All right, Listen, I'm not a doctor. Whatever's doctor says, but uh, I don't know man four seven eight zero seven five sixty six. Is he text message line that is four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six fw online at gmail dot com. Whatever's on your mind? We can uh talk about it here today lal Stinas is this guy's name for you?
Speaker 4: And Val? That sounds terrible.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's bad enough that a guy with a first name Lance is doing a gimmick with a porn star.
Speaker 1: Sportsan here says, didn't Danielson retire to be with his daughter. Commentary every week still takes just as much time away from home. I'm not saying he needs to wrestle or anything like that.
Speaker 4: Well, I think.
Speaker 1: Also, I can tell you this about daughters. They do start to get older and next thing you know, they're in school all the time, and then some after school. Actually, and I think one day a week on the road doing commentary. I mean, clearly he's willing to do.
Speaker 6: It, especially if it's a Wednesday and she's in school. Yeah, like weekends are when you get you're gonna want to be home to spend time with your kids.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, here's the other thing too. Okay, the guy's doing commentary all right, So what that means is he can fly in and out the same day. Now, if he were a wrestler and he was in a main events segment, I mean, maybe you'd want to fly him in the day before just in case there's you know, travel issues and you don't want to lose that on a big match. But like as a commentator, something goes wrong, you can't make the show. I mean, it's not the end of the world. So I think that he can just get in and out on one day and be back home so that.
Speaker 6: He need less prep during the day too. Yeah, getting in mid afternoon, catching an early flight Wednesday morning would be a piece of cake for him.
Speaker 1: And he needs to do is he can do on the plane. I mean, he knows everything about everybody anyway, so he could easily just fly in late in the day, fly out as soon as the show's over, get out of there.
Speaker 4: I don't think they make him take down the ring.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't suspect, so no, it's possible. I think he's paid enough dues at this point in time in his career, accomplished enough. He's not on ring crew.
Speaker 1: I will say that I did hear, and this is this was all speculation, But you know, I heard from one person that said, you know, if this guy, if this guy is going back on the road one day a week, that suggests that they think Breeze coming back for sure for her one day a week.
Speaker 4: So we'll see. We'll see what ends up happening. All right.
Speaker 1: This person says, are you going to review and never sorry over Brian and Vinnie as a comparison to Triple Mania. I guess we could try. We are going to review the World's Collide show this weekend. Tell you that much, and I would be willing to review the CMLL anniversary show, So we'll do that here at some point.
Speaker 6: I'm sure Craig won't be happy if you had another show.
Speaker 1: Too bad, brother, Well, it's not adding. He just doesn't watch the other shows. If he has to watch the Triple A show, he's just not gonna watch SmackDown in Collision.
Speaker 4: That's how he gets arounded.
Speaker 1: I can't even read what this person said. Your name should be. I'll tell you during the break. It has to do with your other gimmick. What is Lance's thought about John Moxley as a heel but in reality he's a babyface.
Speaker 6: I don't watch it enough to comment too much, but it's odd. I've had it explain to me a few times, and I don't fully get it because it falls into that weird category of if he's a baby or he's trying to be a babyface. By saving the company, you have to accept the premise that the company he is not good right now. And I've never liked the we need to turn things around angle.
Speaker 1: Well, let me let me if I may. It's not so much of these trying to save the company. I probably have said that myself in explaining this, But I think it's more that this Moxley character just wants it to be its best and he wants new people to step up.
Speaker 4: It's not so much like.
Speaker 6: It's not it's not as good as it should be. No, and talent aren't doing as well as they should. Listen, that's an odd story to tell.
Speaker 1: Listen, is wwe doing great right now?
Speaker 6: Not as great as they were?
Speaker 1: Well, i mean business wise, they're doing things. They're on fire, okay, but they still have a developmental because they know we're gonna always need new talent, We're always gonna need new stars. Doesn't mean it sucks now. It just means we got to set the table for the future. That's more what he's doing, like I'm not gonna do.
Speaker 6: He's not feuding with developmental people.
Speaker 1: No, but his point is like, I'm not gonna be around forerever if.
Speaker 6: He was in ring of honor, telling them to step up because aw needs a future. Then it'd be different.
Speaker 1: His deal is, I'm not gonna be around forever. Like you wanna be champion. You want to replace me, fine, well do it. You either do it or I'll kill you. That's essentially it. He's rooting for these people. He's looking for someone so he can just go retire to the farm.
Speaker 4: All right, back in the moment, it's.
Speaker 9: Overly Okay, let's have a little fun.
Speaker 10: Do you use the expensive blue pill to perform better?
Speaker 9: Are you thinking about it?
Speaker 10: So what if we can promise you results for less than one dollar a pill?
Speaker 9: Okay, So these same pills can cost.
Speaker 10: You thirty dollars or more at a pharmacy, and our better blue pill works for less than one dollar a pill.
Speaker 9: You'll save twenty nine dollars or more per pill.
Speaker 10: And right now, we'll give you one hundred and twenty blue pills for just ninety nine dollars. Have a little fun and call right now. Get one hundred and twenty of our better blue pills for just ninety nine dollars. Don't overpay for the other blue pills. Call steel Man Pills right now and get the better blue pill for less than one dollar a pill. Call one eight hundred Buy Blue, one eight hundred buy blue.
Speaker 9: It's easy to remember. One eight hundred buy Blue.
Speaker 10: That's one eight hundred buy b l ue and thanks for calling.
Speaker 8: Imagine combining the exciting investment opportunity of cryptocurrencies with the power of artificial intelligence to maximize your IRA four oh one K or other investment funds. Listen if you're looking for ways to accelerate your retirement growth. Block Trust IRA has market leading strategies and solutions for all levels of investors, from one thousand dollars to millions, and they partner with Bitcoin Magazine's number one crypto trading fund in the world to maximize your returns. Plus, their team of IRA specialists is here to help you roll over your IRA or qualified retirement account to the new world of cryptocurrency investments. So make this free call right now to set up your account and learn more.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred four seven five six eight two four eight hundred four seven five six eight two four eight hundred four seven five six eight two four.
Speaker 9: That's eight hundred four.
Speaker 5: To seven five sixty eight twenty four.
Speaker 3: Are you over the age of fifty one, piece of mind and financial security for your family. Here's an important message to you from Senior Care USA. The average funeral now costs over ten thousand dollars. That leaves your loved ones the burden of paying your debts and funeral costs. Our plans start as low as a dollar per day, and we'll pay your family up to thirty thousand dollars to help pay for your funeral and other expenses. There are no medical exams, your rates will never increase, and your plan cannot be canceled regardless of your medical conditions, as long as you make your premium payments. Get up to thirty thousand dollars in final expense insurance. Call now for free information. Just answer a few simple questions and get approved right over the phone in just a few minutes. Call right now.
Speaker 5: Call eight hundred three nine nine six eight seven nine, eight hundred three nine nine six eight seven nine eight hundred three nine nine six eight seven nine. That's eight hundred three nine nine sixty eight seventy nine.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Life with Brian Albarez and Mike Simper BB. I'm a sports byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 4: Okay, the show.
Speaker 1: Brian Alvarez here, Wrestling Observer Live Lance, what did you think of Monday Night Raw?
Speaker 4: The usual?
Speaker 6: It was okay. I find thee I feel like I'm watching the audience more than I am a show far too often. Like I get that it's fun for the audience to wave their hands and yeat, but I get tired of just watching fans eating, or fans reacting or fans singing. I tune in to watch the stars and watch the wrestling, and I find I sit there watching the fans more than I would care to.
Speaker 4: My big issue is this Lance. These matches, dude.
Speaker 6: Four of them all, I'll have the same finish.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like it's the same.
Speaker 1: And to be fair, I mean, they do run ins everywhere, but like I think the problem is, even though they do run ins everywhere, they're so patterned in WWE, It's like they have a patterned run in leading to the finished deal. It's not even like it's different every time. And the other thing is the from the comeback on. Actually think WWE has been booking some good stuff lately. If you take out the run ins they've they've really kind of stepped up that period from the comeback to the finish, you know, there's there's more twists and turns now and.
Speaker 6: And to their credit last night they gave us finishes at least, but there was four minor involvement from the person at ringside leading to the heel going over. Yeah, and there were pinfalls at least, but very similar.
Speaker 1: But my point is from the from the comeback to the finish, I feel like the matches have really they've kind of stepped it up a little bit in terms of putting them together, but it's at the expense of from the bell ringing to the comeback, these matches are so boring, Like they're so all exactly the same, and I'm just bored to tears. And then finally they do the big come back, and like it takes me a while to get into it because I'm so bored leading up to it, and they got so much talent, and it just feels like, I don't know if I don't really want to blame the agents, but it does kind of feel like there's some laziness here where it's like, just do whatever for the first nine minutes and then let's concentrate on this stuff.
Speaker 4: From the comeback forward.
Speaker 6: I'm quite sure the agent slash producer isn't telling them that.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think they're telling them that like on purpose, but it's and it's probably the wrestlers also know that, like the first five minutes is going to be during commercial and then you know what it could be.
Speaker 6: And again I'm speculating because obviously I'm not there, but I have seen it many times as a wrestler and as a producer that if you have a very busy day, whether the production meeting gets out late or you have a lot of pretapes, you have a lot of backstage stuff, you know that you're really really busy, and obviously if you're limited in time, you will all right, let's put together the finish. Let's put together or go home. Let's get all these really good near falls, let's make it exciting. And if you're running out of time, it's like, okay, we'll figure out the last out there and the beginning doesn't get the time if you don't have a lot of time in the afternoon, And it's possible that with the high level of production and all the pre tapes and stuff that might be occupying a lot of their time, and they have to focus on the end and don't get to focus as much on the beginning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the thing that I'm not a big fan of is the whole main event scene on Raw with Braun Listen. I like, I think bron Breaker is great. I thought he would be even further than.
Speaker 4: He is already. It just took him a while.
Speaker 1: I think Bronson Reid is great, But they're so determined to get over braun Breaker that you've got this this two person unit that's like it's not even like the Hurt Syndicate where like they're killing all these jobber teams. It's like, these dudes are out here killing all your main events, and you know, in a fair fight, the babyfaces get killed every time. Then a third babyface has to come out with a weapon, they still get killed. And then finally when they manage to send the Heels packing, then these three idiot babyfaces like screw everything up for each other. And it's like during the main event Angle, the fans were actually chanting for Paul Hayman, the Heel manager, because your babyfaces are so stupid and incompetent.
Speaker 4: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it opened up with Jimmy and Jay coming out and they make fun of Bron and Braun and Paul and La Night ends up coming out to attack the Heels and they cut him off and the USOS hit dives and as always in the middle of the Babyfaces running wild three on two on these heels, somebody does something stupid and La Knight moves and Jay gets squished, and then, even though it's clearly an accident, the entire story is Jay getting angry that La got him, Like, what's happening here?
Speaker 6: If La didn't move, they both would have got squished. Jay would not have benefited if La Knight didn't move.
Speaker 1: No, So then they signed La Night versus Bronson for the main event at AJ and L Grande Americano, which you know after the comeback it was. It was pretty good and then Dre another El Grande interfered, Dragonly ran down, got rid of him, and then AJ hit the Styles Clash and pinned El Grande and last few minutes of this were very good.
Speaker 6: And AJ I believe the only Babyface that won Tonight.
Speaker 4: I believe.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, we had Adam Pierce meeting with EO. Something's up with Stephanie. She she was not on the show. They merely said she couldn't make it.
Speaker 4: He said she.
Speaker 1: Should be good for Russell Palooza, but it's a mystery, so hopefully she's all right. And then we had Oscar Kyrie showing up and Nicki had been talking to EO and Oscar told her to stay away from her, and so Nicki got angry and then they got into a big argument and it led to a match later on. There were three matches signed during the show, which means Adam Pierce had nothing planned. And we had Lyra and Raquel, which I actually thought was one of the best matches on the show. I thought they were great together. I thought they actually did a lot of different unique things in this match. And finally there was a minor distraction by ro sand and Raquel Pinder with the Daejanobaum.
Speaker 4: I thought they did a good job.
Speaker 6: M this was actually I should mention my very first exposure to Joe tessitur really yeah.
Speaker 4: I like Joe tests.
Speaker 6: I find him a little His excitement level is fairly consistent, which to me feels a little unnatural. It doesn't go up and down as much.
Speaker 1: With give him a few weeks see what you think about him.
Speaker 6: Is he going to be regularly on raw moving forward?
Speaker 1: Well until Wade? Actually, you know, I don't know he might be. I was told he's on Raw, so he may be permanently on Raw.
Speaker 6: Now, I guess I'll be able to give him a chance.
Speaker 4: I guess we'll find out.
Speaker 1: We had an awesome segment with the war Raiders and Penta and Adam Pierce. I encourage everybody to watch this segment. Penta he's very upset with Adam Pierce for not loving him like the fans do. And Adam Pierce is trying to plead his case, I do I like you a lot, and Penta.
Speaker 4: Is not having it, just shakes his head nope.
Speaker 1: And then he announces he does not like the Intercontinental champion, demands a title shot, and then Russev shows up and gets in uh Penti's face and they announced a match for those guys for later on.
Speaker 6: Are you aware of Adam Pierce's gimmick on social media where he posts loves somebody today. This was a bit of a play on that.
Speaker 4: Oh is that what that is?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Every day?
Speaker 6: Yea love somebody today socials.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Penta's upset that he's not loving him. Big Jim met with AJ and Dragon Lee and Jay ends up walking up. He's on his way out of the building and jim says, we need to we need to work together. We're not going to get to wrestle Polluzin. Jay wants none of this, and he says he's leaving, He's out of here. Jimmy tells him, you're starting to sound like Roman.
Speaker 4: We had the AJ Lee.
Speaker 1: Segment to set up Wreussell Palooza, and it's hard to time these segments because Netflix they cut out commercials, and when they cut out commercials, the clock just jumps forward or whatever, so it's hard to figure out.
Speaker 4: What I mean.
Speaker 1: It felt like they went twenty five minutes. I mean, they knew that this thing was hot, and so it was like, we are going to milk this for all it's worth. And AJ came out and she cut a long promo talking about her time off and therapy and everything that went down with Becky. And then Becky's music hits and she comes out and they go a long time, and then Seth's music hits and he comes out and he's being a jerk, and then finally see him Punk shows up. And long story short, punk makes Seth so angry that Seth agrees to the mixtag at Russell Palooza, which Becky does not want. She does not want this match. She is petrified of aj Lee. But the match is on, and so aj who had been wearing Becky's belt which he stole on SmackDown, she did give the belt back. So I thought it was It was a good segment overall, It.
Speaker 4: Was just long.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and somehow aj Lee has aged weeks in the last ten years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, basically she looks pretty much exactly the same. We had another Bailey segment. Then Russev faced Penta, which was a It was it was not as good as I expected, just kind of there and out was you know, they had new Dan Grayson Waller out there and Penta went up top, Xavier jumped on the apron, Penta booted him, got kicked on the way down, pinned your usual horrific WWE finish. I mean this one was interference directly leading to the to the finish.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and there was interference earlier because Penta had to dive out on the on the.
Speaker 1: Mall at the Nicki Bella Oscar match, which actually They had a straight match, no interference, and a clean finish, and it was Osca tapping her out with the Oscar lock.
Speaker 6: There was a little bit of interference when Osca hid behind Kyrie and used her as a distraction.
Speaker 1: Beget that did happen, but I don't count that because Kyrie wanted nothing to do with it.
Speaker 4: She was an innocent victim in all of this.
Speaker 6: But yes, relatively clean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tap out from Nicki Bella, which surprised me. So I'm wondering if they need another female heel.
Speaker 4: I guess we'll find out.
Speaker 6: They think they're gonna turn nicky heel.
Speaker 4: Kind of hm, kinda.
Speaker 1: And then Nicki and Oska got into a big confrontation and Rhea showed up to back up Nicki. So for the time being, looks like we're just going to have a a tag program here. And also Oscar versus Rhea is coming. And then the main event was Bronson Reid in La Knight, which same deal. I thought this match was pretty good, Like Bronson is very good. Bronson is good in the ring and on the mic, like he carried that opening segment with bron Breaker, and La Knight has very much stepped up his.
Speaker 4: Game since coming to the main roster.
Speaker 1: And then there was of course interferenced by bron Breaker. He jumped up on the apron, La knocked him off, Bronson grabbed the DVD hit the pin. This was the exact same finish as the Penta match two matches earlier, exact same finish, and that's when they did the big schmas where two heels beat down three men with a chair, and the three men were the one with a chair. The two heels beat them up, and then finally they send him packing. And then the three baby faces are in the ring and La, who doesn't like anybody, is willing to shake Jimmy's hand for helping him. But then he turns around and JJ's years a guy. That's his receipt from earlier in the evening, even though early in the evening was a mistake and this was on purpose. So everyone booed jay you know you've got you've got an angle where they're booing Jay uso, they're chanting for Paul Hayman.
Speaker 4: It's like, this ain't working.
Speaker 1: Whatever you're doing, it's not working right now. They did yat at the end, but yeah, they did eat a little bit but it wasn't.
Speaker 6: The Roxanne finish also a slight distraction into a few.
Speaker 1: It was a little bit of a distraction, but a rock sand which is like on the outside. I don't think she jumped all the way up on the apron like those other two. Anyway, back in a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper Vivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: So you got nothing this week? You're off the road, brother.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and even the I get to drive. We're in Edmonton next.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 6: No flights for me until Bound for Glory.
Speaker 4: How did it go this past week?
Speaker 6: It was a lot of fun, really great crowd in Minneapolis, Minnesota. And this isn't a spoiler because it's been stooged off online. Ken Anderson made a surprise return to TNA, and I got to produce the match he was in and it was a lot of fun working with him.
Speaker 4: He came back and wrestled, He was.
Speaker 6: There and wrestled. I won't give any more details because it hasn't aired yet, but there's spoilers everywhere online, so I'm not stooging anything off. But he was one of the guys I trained in OVW in like four five and it was a lot of fun getting to see him and produce with him.
Speaker 1: Try to see when the last time he had a match was.
Speaker 6: Says he still wrestles occasionally a couple times a month. Let's see the last time he was actually on a major platform on television.
Speaker 1: Profi dB has three matches since twenty nineteen.
Speaker 4: That doesn't sound right.
Speaker 6: Three matches since before the pandemic. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Battleground Championship for Wrestling on July twenty twenty five. Then you have to go all the way back to the Hardys Reunion on May in May of twenty twenty two.
Speaker 6: So, but he was a former two time TNA World champ and he made his return. The crowd was quite happy.
Speaker 1: But I'll bounce that well. Check out Impact on Thursday, everybody, and Lance is gonna be back.
Speaker 4: I guess we'll see when you got.
Speaker 1: Nothing new, brother, I'm free on Thursday.
Speaker 6: No, I could probably sit in on Thursday.
Speaker 4: I can plug some Impact.
Speaker 1: Sure, all right, we're gonna wrap it up everybody, and I'll be back later tonight.
Speaker 4: Brian and Vinie and Granny and Craig and Shawn Show.
Speaker 1: And there's an Observer Radio last night, another one coming up tomorrow tomorrow Observed Live with Tom and that's it.
Speaker 4: We'll talk to you after a while.
Speaker 1: You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network