Speaker 1: Logan. The command is are back at home for another matchup. This one is against the Chicago Bears. We see it's off to head coaches Dad Quinn about our matchups today, and then we end the show with our ticket to a win. That is key matchups against the Chicago Bears. All that war starts right now on the game plan. Commander is family welcoming in head coach Dan Quinn. Now, the story of today is will Jayden play? We do not know the answer to that. However, Marcus Marriold has stepped in in a big way. How great was it to see him step up and rally this team.
Speaker 2: There's two qualities that both Jaden and Marcus have and I admire it and both of them. It's confidence and humility, and they have this really good blend of both. And the confidence comes from performing and doing well and knowing that you put the work in to do that. The humility is what you see from the joy on the sideline about Marcus making plays and the sideline erupting when he had that. So there's this great balance between the two of them that have confidence and their ability and the way they lead the team and execute the offense. But there's also this humility that they have for their teammates, for the game, for the position, and it's this great balance that they both have and it's something that like I admire about both of them so much. The sideline erupted for Marcus. They care about them, they love them because of all the things that he does that no one else sees. After practice, in a two minute on a Friday afternoon, when everybody's talking to media, he's working down a two minute drill you know, with some guys just just in case, and so when your numbers called and you're ready and you deliver, it's really really powerful. And man, he delivered.
Speaker 3: That's going to be so special for him, you know, like kind of all the hard work he's put in and like not everybody loves the backup quarterback all the time, you know, but like to see I mean that sideline was electric when he threw that touchdown his zac. It just kind of speak to again, like some of the stuff you talked about, just how everybody loves them and have a team that's like rooting for each other that way. You know, we've talked about Cleveland Farrell before support and not like it's just cool that there's so many guys like that on this team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's a fantastic teammate, Logan, you would have loved to have played with Marcus. And that actual two minute we did one on Friday afternoon, Like he didn't think he was going in the game, but they actually did a two minute and here it was at the end of the first half. You know, two six to go and you know ninety six yards away. All right, there's a first down. All right, let's get going, and then again again moving down the field. And so to get a score to Zach like that was a really big moment. It was I didn't necessarily impact the game all the way. It was important to show this is how we get down and we attack, and Marcus is always ready for that.
Speaker 1: And coach, let's turn the pace to today. We are taking on the Chicago Bears. Let's start at an offensive line. Dave and Roland they looked really, really good. How do you get them ready for a tough matchup against the Chicago Bears.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's one of the best parts about the NFL, the different matchups, the schemes. How does it change week to week? And it's why having the whole week to go through the process to get ready. What does this look mean? What does that look mean? Is their tails and so these guys dig in so hard. Brian to the tape the communication on the sideline. If I could have had you down there next to me to see the communication going on between Wiley and Cosme and game, this look happens, He's over to here, We'll go to this. And so it's always adjusting and it's always tweaking. And that's what I love about the line that like they're physical, they're playing as one, they're communicating well, and they love getting this chance to run the ball. Hey guys do so you know you saw Cosm coming out and man more more he was excited.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. And then you know the part of them like playing well as Cliff and how he's called games. And I know you've coached defensive line for a long time, and is there anything that you're like, Man, this coordinator does this thing really well that really is disruptive to the defensive line. I think fans sometimes, oh it's you know, the offensive line's got to win one on once. But there's some tricks there. And I was wonder if you can kind of peel back the veil on.
Speaker 2: That for sure, And for me, it always starts with balance. When a team has balance and run game and play passes and then drop backs and now a defensive lineman they're not quite sure what look is how they can get to go. Then misdirection plays and all the things that can slow you down, and anything that can slow a pass rusher down is a good thing because they want to go and they want to like have a you know, this is my man, I'm going to go beat him. And so then now here comes a chip, and here comes a pull, and here's a guard coming into it. And those are the things that can slow down a real pass rusher, and those are some of the things that our team does well.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about those guys that ship Zach erth right, So let's talk about Zacher's little We had a big game Sunday. How do you expect him to impact this game today?
Speaker 2: He really has a knack in some of the specific situations. He has a very good understanding for third down and where's a zone or where's a leverage from Manda Man red zone is a another spot you know for Zach, he knows where a hole might be, he studies it. You know, he knows a leverage and he's friendly for the quarterback. And then the last piece for him is third down and knowing a certain route or a certain you know, leverage that can win. Those are to me the areas that he really makes his impact the third down, the two minute, and the red zone. And that comes with experience and he's been in all of the big fights and knows how to get open. He knows how to work, you know, see his own where to sit down. It's a man a man how to break off a leverage. He is very accomplished in that and he's able to carry that into the game.
Speaker 3: And it just you mentioned like his experience and it just seems like he's able to connect kind of with every quarterback no matter what. You know, Like Jaden's in awesome connection, Mariota comes in same thing you think about when he's in Arizona, wherever he's at before, Like, is that is that because he's so good at some of those things you're talking about, or is that because he's just really good at building those relationships with the quarterback.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's very intentional about both okay and building the relationship. What did you see there? You know where we need to be, So he asks, you know, the quarterback specific questions, but because of the experience, he also knows, Okay, this is likely coming to me right here, I get to this spot. So a combination of both. But he has been really important for our office.
Speaker 3: And does he ever kind of like tell the quarterback like this is maybe like this is how I see it, and like the quarterbacks oh yeah, like I didn't even think about that because of the level of experience, absolutely.
Speaker 2: And showing it looking back on the iPad at practice, discussing it, and so he is just very intentional about being in the right spot. And as a quarterback, you want someone to be at the right location at the right time, at the right depth because so often you have to throw it before the receiver even makes it out of his route and they may not be open at that time. So you have to have a lot of trust that the receiver, the tight end the back is going to be where he's supposed to be. So that's how it should always be. Somebody's hitting you, trying to move you off that mare.
Speaker 3: That's a good fun you know, like they're not just running straight Yeah, there's.
Speaker 2: Not a bigger game where no one hits you like you absolutely could get hit here, and so being able to be in the right spot at the right location, there's a lot of trust that goes with that, and I would imagine Zach's earned that trust with a lot of quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: And our defense teams to have earned your guys just trust as well. What has been the message to them to keep that momentum going this.
Speaker 2: Sunday, Really we were pleased to see the two takeaways. That is something that has to be part of how we play defense. It's so important to make sure we can be responsible for getting the team into the plus. You know, you want to win the turnover margin. Well, to win the margin, you have to get turnovers. You have to get them, and so that is a big piece for it. So scoring on defense that's even bigger. But creating field position opportunities for the offense another drive another scenario. Those are big deals. So tackling always a number one top of the pile. I'm hoping that you and our f everybody's seeing the effort, you know, to say can they finish, can they go?
Speaker 1: And then that the.
Speaker 2: Last piece is getting that ball and getting a few knocked out, getting a few interceptions, so we can give the offense you know they're shots at that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely, And it's something that jumped out on the film, is like just how fast the guys are playing. And some of that comes to like game plan and you know, sometimes you got to pull back, sometimes you got to add stuff in. How do you walk that line coming into a game like this.
Speaker 2: I think the first thing you look at is, you know, going through the practice, what type of errors I see? Are their errors? And if it is out it comes I can remember.
Speaker 3: Do you do it right away or is it like, hey, this guy messed up one time, let's give him a second shot.
Speaker 2: You give him a second one. If it gets towards the end of the week and it's still not clear, I can clearly remember. And a practice a player said, hey, we need to run that one again. This was on a Friday asset. Now we don't no more time. It's like, what do you mean, No, I messed it up? I need to goad. It's all good man, Like it's out for the game, you know, like we'll work it again next week. And so sometimes you put something in and it takes a while to get reps at it and know because oftentimes you may see a blitz that a team did against another team that looks good, Well, what do it look like against empty? Or what about their emotion or what if they put something? So sometimes it just takes a few weeks to marinate if you are going to try something new, and people are always you know, working through things to get it just right, and I call it game ready. And when something's game ready, you know you've executed it. You know it and you can go deliver.
Speaker 1: And the Bears offensively have a ton of firepower. How do you game plan for a team that poses challenges like this with all their weapons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've got a full arsenal of people from you know, receivers and tight ends and running backs and quarterbacks. So you have to look at the scheme first and say, okay, what do they do best? And then find how do they feature the players doing those things? And then you know, what can we do to make sure those things they do best aren't easy access? And so we try to make them play a little bit left handed and say that one thing that you do really well not today, And so we can make sure we can try to take that part away matchups. Everybody has a hard down sometimes, you know, when you have weapons like that and you're playing people, you know, no one gets hey you can You're good, you know you can take this one off. No everybody has hard downs, whether you're blocking, playing defense, all of it. And so winning those matchups is really important.
Speaker 3: Buddy said that because everyone's like, oh, you got to take this person away. But you can't take everything the offense does away all the time, right you got to kind of say, like, what are the things we are we're prioritizing taken away and what are we kind of okay with? And I'm sure that is really tough to do on all.
Speaker 2: Because you have to be willing. It's a give and take, you know, and say, if you're willing to go, you know and all out blitz, you should be able for this. But you want a pressure. That's one way to do it. Bring more than they can block. However, there's risk go associated with that. So it's the fun part of coaching and where's the balance? What can you do? How do you match up? And every game is different and I love.
Speaker 1: That about the NFL And We'll be going to Gains working quarterback and Caleb Williams. How do you game plan for a workie quarterback with that type of skill set.
Speaker 2: It's the mobility, you know, extending plays and I know guy that does that a lot of practice too, So so it's it's unique because one play may start and then a second play can begin. It doesn't happen all the time, but big plays are often generated when a quarterback can get outside the pocket and now the coverage can change and it turns in demand a man and so those are big deals to go. But you know, clearly, you know their their quarterback. Kleeb's really talented guy. You know, the mental quickness, the ability to process and put the ball on the right location, the arm strength, the athleticism. That's what playing at the highest level is. And so it's awesome. You know, they's say like this is a really good competitor. You know a lot of skills and like let's go battle and.
Speaker 1: Course before we go home game back to back home game. First one, talk about that energy that the fans bring because we really have that home field advantage. Now, how great is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the best and I feel it on third down, I feel it in two minutes on the defensive side because there's this energy that can take over. And when the place is absolutely lit up and you want to bring everything you have because this could be the play. It's hard to change the protection. It's hard to change the play for the offense. So the louder the better, and we need every single person there bringing all they have. Man, I want this thing to be absolutely rocking. So when our defense gets that third down and first third down or eight third down, whatever it is, to say this is the one fall, start and play. Because our crowd is so into it, it just makes it hard to concentrate and focus.
Speaker 1: Commands, family, we know you are enjoying the game plan. However, if you want to see coach and logan Paul said breakdown plays in the film room, you could check that out on the Commander's YouTube page. So, Logan, our ticket to win are these must watch masses. So let's get right into it.
Speaker 3: First up, the defensive line for Chicago versus the offensive line for the Washington Commanders. And this is going to be maybe the most impactful one because this group for the Shago Bears is playing good football right now and they're supported by a really good secondary. But these guys are playing so well. And it's not only them, it's the way Cliff's call in games. He's elevating them with the different styles of protections and they're just a bunch of junkyard dogs and I love that about them. So this is going to be something that's really going to have a big impact on this game.
Speaker 1: This is something we've talked about a lot, the weapons versus our secondary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's so many different weapons and you know Dan and it is an the interview we did with them talking about how you can't take everything away, but you can take some stuff away. And I think a lot is going to be on the secondary and a lot on Joe Wid Junior in terms of how to disguise the coverages to make it harder for these guys to know exactly what coverage is, where the soft spots are on the zone. These guys are super talented, but I think Joe Wid Junior's got some tricks up a sleep and Foresight logo. Oh my gosh, it's almost like we know this is going to be up there. So yeah, Joe Who Junior and Caleb well, I mean, this is the story of the week, right Caleb Williams and his maturation of the last couple weeks of the season. He's just getting better and better about playing on schedule at on time. I look at the way the defense is playing, specifically in the Carolina game, and I'm like, Joe Wi Junior is starting to get these guys bought in. They're playing fast, they're playing physical. It's awesome to see. But what schematically can he do to disrupt this young football player. I can't wait to check it out.
Speaker 1: Command Is Families, these are our ticket to a win now. We want to get this double against a Icago Bears today. For head coach dan Quinn, Logan Paulson, and Brian Colbert, this is the game plan. We will see you next Sunday. Commander's Family. You could catch us every Sunday on WSA nine Sunday mornings before year games. This is game plan with Brian Colvid Junior, Logan Paulson, head coach Dan Quinn until next Sunday. Commanders Family. Yeah,