Speaker 1: Hi Christy, Hi Will, We're here. We're here at the finals. Can you believe it?
Speaker 2: I can.
Speaker 3: We've worked hard to get here, and folks that have been listening, you guys are the reason why we've done this. We love you guys so much. Thank you for coming all this way.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited. I mean seriously, from the time you and I talked about doing this to the forty five hundred or so entries we got to getting down to our sixteen to sixteen to the eight to the I mean just and that's just a contest alone. I'm not even talking about the rest of the show, just the contest alone. It has been so awesome to go through this process.
Speaker 3: It has It's been a wild ride. I remember our live shows that we used to do. Do you remembers, And I mean, honestly, I think that even when we do panels together in the future, there will always be a part of I hear voices that travels with us, don't you think?
Speaker 1: I think so too, And I think we might our in our future panels have to play the way that we did last time with all right, let's let's get it. Let's get a screen up there. Let's see what we can do and all that good kind of stuff. Shout out to Joe Woes who would write with us. Remember who do who draw for us?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he did a great job and also great I think that on our social media there's been some really great animations being drawn by our team at iHeart, and I wanted to shout out because usually Will does this, but I wanted to be the one to do it because I'm stepping off for some of this episode. So I want to thank CEESD. They're an amazing agency to you know, give us this opportunity and paying it forward for someone else. I mean, it's just such a wonderful community. Thank you CESD. Prime Video obviously your epic and we love you very much. Vox Mochina season two. Check it out please, not just because Will is in it, yes, but because it is amazing and all of our other friends at Critical roller on it as well. Of course our team at iHeart, whether it was our various producers and our editors and our social team, like everyone has been so committed to see this through and we are very grateful, I know, from the bottom of our heart for all that support that you gave Will and me. Thank you for letting me come on your network, and the contestants have truly truly touched my heart. I see them posting like a lot about Hey, you know this was me. I've done this contest, I survived this experience, and I'm so proud of you guys. You've really almost made me fall in love with voice acting on a whole other level. And I owe that to you guys, with whatever I end up taking forward in my career, whether that's you know, maybe someday, someday a reboot of something that Will.
Speaker 1: And I were a part of.
Speaker 3: Afraid of Someone, But regardless, whatever it is, it's so beautiful to see uh new talent and to be a part of that. And also just the fans you guys, thank you, thank you for your time, your time. And there's so much content out there. You know, you've got these amazing pod pod meets World come.
Speaker 1: On down, and you've got all your podcasts, I mean, come on, there's too many to mention. I know, I mean, Vulnerable and everything. I mean, it's jeez, you your whole podco is just killing it.
Speaker 3: Thank you, And so it's just there's a lot of content out there, so for you to take the time to listen to I hear voices and to make it this far. You have a special place in our hearts. So make sure you tell us when you when you see us, either at a con or something, and we'll give you an extra big hug.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and we are just yet. We're so happy to be here and to be able to do this with everybody and share it with everybody, and selfishly, this has been so much fun for me to just watch the contestants week after week. Everybody's so good. It gets harder every week. And you know, all of our incredible judges that have decaturs oh yeah, that have come on to help us out have been absolutely incredible.
Speaker 3: Honestly, it was like Avengers Assemble when it came to Will having his friends come. And today will be no different with who we have lined up to be our final adjudicator team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got a team. We're going to have an adjudicator team to help us with the finals, which is so cool. And of course, as we said, we are actually full disclosure recording this intro before the actual contest takes place because Christy is not going to be able to be with us for the actual show. Itself, but there was no way we were going to do this without her. We just could not possibly ever make that happen. Well, it just wasn't gonna happen. Never, never, never.
Speaker 3: I feel like I intimately know our voices that are going head to head today, and both of them are fantastic, ye Hannabama and Mia are just the most amazing ladies. And I think both of them are going to hit it out of the park one way or another. So it's going to be a pretty fierce episode. This should be really cool. I want you to call me or text me or call me, beat me if you want to reach me, Well, to let me know who wins, okay, because I will definitely reach out to that person. We can do something and just like I don't know to both of.
Speaker 1: Them really well, don't forget, by the way, that the winner is going to not only get to sign with CESD, not only get one thousand dollars and flown out to LA but we'll be having lunch with us, oh yeah, which is awesome. So we'll get a chance to see them. And then they go and meet Sam Regal and or Mary McGlynn for a directing session which is going to be very cool too, so it's going to be a ton of fun. But and here's the thing, and this is one hundred percent genuine. I have no idea who's going to win. I have no idea. I don't know. I just don't know. We've got two incredible contestants. Anybody could have an amazing day. Anybody could have an off day. You know, nerves can get to some people. You never know, equipment problems, you just don't know. It is anybody's game, and I'm super excited.
Speaker 3: I really am awesome. Well, thank you for you know, being my partner in this.
Speaker 1: Yes, partner in crime. You know that forever I got your back.
Speaker 3: I love that I've brought you're back too. So let's just give it up to this episode. This is Christie's signing off, but I leave you in good hands. Friends.
Speaker 1: So there it is. Oh, I'm so sorry Christy's not actually here for the actual contest day. She so wanted to be. Let me tell you everybody out there, she really really wanted to be. But with the way, you know, life gets crazy and you can't always control what's going on. So that does not change the fact that we are here at the finals. We've made it from forty five hundred down to two, and of course we need the best adjudicate tours. That's a shout out to Christy. The best judges we could possibly find for the last episode, and we needed more than one. So I'm going to introduce these people one at a time and then we'll bring them in because it is a big day today. But before we get there very quickly, I know Christy thanked everybody in the opening, but I want to just add my own kudos to everybody who helped us out, from our producer Lorrain and our engineer Brian and iHeart and CESD Prime Video, everybody Christy mentioned, everybody over there a critical role. This has just been an absolute joy and so much fun. So this is going to be a great day that is going to end with giving somebody a start in the entertainment industry in the voiceover world, which I could not be more excited about. This is really quite awesome and emotional and something that I've wanted to do for a very very long time. So that being said, before I get too sappy, which is certainly possible, I want to introduce our guest judges for the day. We heard her last week and we could not not to not have a double negative. Wow, that's like three knots in a row. Have her back because she is so incredible and is going to be helping to once again direct our young actors on their journey. Andrea Romano will be joining us again today. And also with Andrea Romano, we have one of the most celebrated voice over actors, friend of the podcast, been here before. One of the coolest guys in the world. Rob Paulson is also going to be joining us, and we are going to get into it because we have Hannabama and Mia from Florida coming back together to fight it out. Ooh, it is going to be great. I cannot wait. Let's get into it. Here we go, everybody who's going to take away the prize? Let's find out. Hey kids, Hey, it's just kid today Rob.
Speaker 4: Oh well, okay, hey kit Well you have so many personalities as a result of your prodigious talent, so.
Speaker 1: He yeah, day.
Speaker 2: Are you happy to see you both?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, look how beauty before you are.
Speaker 2: Oh my hay to see you.
Speaker 1: Oh Ire. I hate to tell you this, but Rob was talking to me. Uh, I'm the beautiful one. Thank you, so I just assumed how Yes, Rob Paulson and Andrea Ramano, thank you so much both of you for joining us on the finals of the Super Awesome Contest to become the next Big Voice Actor.
Speaker 6: It's here, huge project you undertook here and I'm delighted to be a part of it.
Speaker 2: Thank you for letting me know play at all.
Speaker 5: How are you working on this? Will?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 5: Do you like what? Six months ago?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been it's been a while. So this is We went from forty five hundred entries to down to today the final two forty five one hundred people.
Speaker 2: Then we auditioned for animaniacs.
Speaker 1: And we listened to all of them. We listened to everybody's audition, and we got it down to the final sixteen. We've been saying for the beginning, and very quick shout outs to Julia from Virginia, Dylan from Louisiana, Hayden from Washington, Danielle from Tennessee, Matthew from Delaware, Dowd from Illinois but pronounced David, Mike from Florida, Tatiana from California, Adam from Illinois, I Lean from North Carolina, all Win from Florida, Paul from Pennsylvania, Hailey from Texas, and Austin from Virginia. Our final fourteen that did not They made it so far from forty five hundred to the final sixteen.
Speaker 2: They should take pride in having.
Speaker 1: Achieved that level, right, they were great, Be proud and for Andrea to give you guys kudos, that's a big pardon me deal. Oh no, I know, believe me. I know this too. And I went to her on bended knee and I said, I know you are so enjoying your retirement, but would you please come and direct some young.
Speaker 5: Actors get the chance?
Speaker 1: Jumped? She did not even think about it. That's one thing I would like to shout out before we get into our actual game, and I will explain our game to everybody. The the finals are going to be a little bit different and a little bit crazy, but the voiceover community is one of the most loving, giving, inclusive, talented. Mark you picked the superlative and it fits into our community and it could not have shown more than with this show and this contest. Every person. I don't think we got to know there are some people who couldn't do it due to scheduling, but nobody said I don't want to be involved? What are you doing giving other actors a chance? It was all this is amazing, what a wonderful idea. How can I help? What do you need from me? It is the most wonderful community I've ever been associated with, and I'm honored every day to even slightly consider myself a voiceover actor because the men and women that I work with are so much better than me.
Speaker 2: But it's I want to say, credit A lot of the reason too.
Speaker 6: You have to credit, and you may not do this, but one must credit. Why so many people said yes was because of Wilfredell.
Speaker 5: You are a delight.
Speaker 1: It is a wonderful business to be in with incredible people, and now we're going to get a new person joining our ranks. So the Super Awesome Contest we are down to Mia from Florida and Hannah from Alabama, and what we're actually going to be doing today is putting it all together. So the first round we did was a round called by the Numbers, where everybody, by random number pick, got to have a character determined for them and then read a preset number of lines. The second round we did was called Extra Extra read all about it, and it was all about adreads. The third round, of course, which Andrea helped us direct, was actually called get into the booth, and you got in there and recorded an actual session the way that we would have done in the booth. Now we're going to put them all together. So in round one, what we were going to be doing is the same way we did last round. We are going to be recording. I am going to be recording with the contestant, and we are Andrea is going to direct us as if we were in a booth. After the first round, they have to jump immediately with no break into reading the ad read. Then we are going to switch characters. The difference this time is before they get to read their second character, we will once again be playing by the numbers, and Andrea and Rob will pick random numbers which will determine how they will read the character the second time around. So it's going to get crazy. We're putting it all together. We're putting them through their paces. Nobody said we were going to make this easy, but we are going to pick I'm not going to say the best because they're both phenomenal contestants. And with that being said, why don't we bring them in one at a time, say hello, tell them what they're going to be doing, and then we will start our fun game. So I think was Mia first? I believe Mia was first. Hell and there's Mia. Welcome back, Mia, congratulations on making it to the finals. Andrea Ramana will once again be directing you and our guest actor judge this week is the amazing Redoubtable, which is one of my favorite words ever. Rob Paulson, who will be joining us to meet you.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's my great pleasure. What a beautiful face you have. Don't be such a stick in the mud.
Speaker 1: Sure, well you were first, so we will be back to you. But we are just going to come and say hello to you. We're now going to say hello to your Your fellow contestant is down to the final two, so we will see what happens. We will be back with you in a second. Mia, Thanks so much. It's great seeing you again.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness, she's precious, isn't she great?
Speaker 1: And as is Hannah from Alabama? Hannahbama, who she's been called?
Speaker 5: There she is?
Speaker 3: Helloabama?
Speaker 1: How are you? I'm doing well? How are y'all doing good? How are you feeling today?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 7: I'm here.
Speaker 1: You feeling good, I'm I'm feeling something. I know. That's great. Channel the energy, use it right.
Speaker 2: Have fun, have fun, that's the most important.
Speaker 1: Yes, no matter what happens today, you are in the final two out of forty five hundred insane. So congratulations. Your fellow contestant was here first, so we will be starting with them, but we will be back to you in a second. You have your script? Do you have everything?
Speaker 8: I have everything?
Speaker 1: All right, we'll see it a bit. Thank you so much. Okay, all right, everybody, here we go. It is on the finals. After we have been here. Let's bring Mia back in and we are going to start with our scene. Here we go, Mia, So let me explain a little bit about what we're gonna do today. I'm gonna be reading with you, and we're gonna do it exactly like we did last time. We're gonna read it just like we do in the booth. We are not going to be reading any of the stage directions. So for everybody listening out there, we will of course, as we always have. Our amazing producer of the Rain puts up the scripts for everybody on Instagram so you can read along and find out what's going on, but to just kind of give everybody a quick little breakdown so you know what's going on. We are going to be starting in a candy factory. It is the candy factory at night. We push in on a giant barrel that says rejects candy for destruction, and two different pieces of candy are going to come up and have a little scene and a conversation. So other than that, we are not going to give any more direction the first time around. Here's the other thing that is going to differ from the last time. When we are finished with the scene without any break, without anything, I mean, you can take a breath, obviously, but you are going to go right into the commercial read. So you're going to finish your scene and then essentially imagine that you are watching a cartoon and we go right to a commercial and you are also the voiceover actor reading for the commercial. So we won't give you We're not gonna give you any notes to start with. We are just gonna jump in and go from there. You will be playing Sammy and I will be playing Albert. Oh, So here we go, Andrea on your cue.
Speaker 6: Please, we are at the top of the script ready and we're rolling.
Speaker 1: The coast is clear?
Speaker 9: Keep your voice down? Do you want to get us caught?
Speaker 10: Sorry, yelling is the opposite of keeping your voice down.
Speaker 11: Oh, opposite means chocolate flavored?
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't.
Speaker 9: I've told you that one hundred times, have you.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that? Oh wait, yeah, nope, nope, still don't remember. Sorry. Hey, Sammy, why are we escaping again?
Speaker 10: Because for some crazy reason, we are relegated to the reject pile and if we don't get out of here, they're going to melt us down.
Speaker 1: Oh that sounds bad.
Speaker 11: It's bad, right, Yes, Albert, it's bad.
Speaker 1: Huh. Hey, am I as good an escaper as you?
Speaker 10: Well, seeing as we haven't actually escaped yet, I'm thinking no.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that you have to escape first to actually be a good escaper. Am I always forgetting stuff like this because my head got smushed.
Speaker 7: Hm.
Speaker 9: I'm guessing that's only a small part of it.
Speaker 1: Now, why are you in the bad bind, Sammy? You're so pretty?
Speaker 9: H I am Albert.
Speaker 10: I am the prettiest fish that this factory has ever made, the prettiest.
Speaker 9: Fish that has ever been made.
Speaker 10: But none of that matters. When the world you were caught Pardon.
Speaker 9: I am Albert.
Speaker 10: I am the prettiest fish that this factory has ever made, the prettiest fish that has ever been made. But none of that matters when the world you were brought into is a cesspool of awfulness, covered and even more awfulness, and then dipped and nuts that have been sprayed with.
Speaker 9: Spread girls, no more awfulness?
Speaker 1: Well, then, why are you in the bin?
Speaker 10: I ever heard some of the workers talking. Apparently something went wrong with my recipe. Oh no, yeah, I'm two sour stupid jerks.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's true. Sammy, you're a little sour.
Speaker 7: It's because of this place.
Speaker 10: You Just wait until I get out of here. I'm gonna be the sweetest fish that you've ever met.
Speaker 1: Why would you be sweetish?
Speaker 11: Sweetest fist?
Speaker 9: Not sweetish? Are you trying to get us sued?
Speaker 1: Oh? Sorry? So well, what do we do next?
Speaker 10: First we have to get down from this bin. Next we have to make it across the factory floor. Then we have to open that big door by dead loading dock, and lastly we have to make our way to the city, where we'll find jobs and a studio apartment.
Speaker 9: I'm Okay, if the closet is not big, but I'm going to have to insist on a.
Speaker 7: Washer and dryer. That's got to be a deal breaker.
Speaker 1: For me, right right, So first we have to get past that big dog.
Speaker 9: No, at first we have to go were you even listening?
Speaker 1: Nah, I was looking at the really big dog.
Speaker 7: The why.
Speaker 10: Just because I have a small apartment, that doesn't mean that I have a small apetside. And just because my building frowns on indoor open flames are dangerous levels.
Speaker 9: Of carbon monoxide, that doesn't mean that.
Speaker 10: I don't need to occasionally throw down some meat and grill, grill, grill. Well, with Blover's new indoor smokeless grill, I can live like a carnivore and not worry about turning the place down or killing my neighbors with dangerous poisonous gas.
Speaker 5: You know, using.
Speaker 10: Patented fire stuff technology, Blover has taken all of the heat and smoke of a real fire and made it relatively safe for indoor use. Now I can cook my meat by my bed, and the only thing I'll have to worry.
Speaker 9: About is my alarmingly high chlysterol level.
Speaker 10: Blover's indoor smokeless grills be a hunter again. Levisers are not non certified for use in apartment buildings or of dooors, not suitable for most meats, vegetables or some Jesus late Lela and California or in Mexico.
Speaker 1: I'm going to throw it to our expert panel. Any notes that we can think about for the next time we come around.
Speaker 2: I do have a few, and then Rob, if you have some thoughts. I loved that man. First, thank you, really really good, Mia, really good.
Speaker 6: I love the fact that you used your sweet voice, your youthful, young, cutesy cartoony if you will voice for this character. They talk about it as you're reading the stage, Rex and stuff, sour, sour, sour, and she scowls and stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm wondering if we can't find a way to keep that sweet voice but make her somewhat meaner. Do you know what I mean? Fight that sweet.
Speaker 6: Voice and make her She is sour, she is bitter, she is cranky, and so it seems to be almost at the very beginning, and again, well, really funny copy, Oh thank you so so he's going to give you a nice, big entrance, right the coast is clear, you say, she keep your voice down, and then he then what does he do the opposite?
Speaker 2: Sorry? And then I would love to see you.
Speaker 6: Use that next fight, which I'll call a line for yelling is the opposite of keeping your voice down, a much more forced whisper, so it is still a whisper, but it's loud and it's angry.
Speaker 2: So you guys, can we just run those first four lines again? But I really, do you understand?
Speaker 6: That knows me to understand what I'm happening right now, Let's just try it with that little bit right ready, when you're ready, we're rolling the coast.
Speaker 10: Is clear, Keep your voice down? Do you want to get us caught?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 9: Chilling is the opposite of keeping your voice down.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 6: That's exactly what I was talking about as a much better entrance. That sets the scene so much better.
Speaker 2: Thank you. And then I had one other note.
Speaker 6: I want to go over to page two, the big speech at the I am Albert, the pretty I am Albert. I'm the prettiest fision of this factory it's ever made, And there I want to play with that anger, bitter sourness as well.
Speaker 2: Just a nice big block for you to play with me.
Speaker 6: Just give you a pick up there at I called it line eighteen to have a number four for whatever you're ready?
Speaker 9: Yeah, Can I ask a question about it real quick?
Speaker 1: Of course?
Speaker 8: Awesome?
Speaker 10: Okay, So do you want me to like, you know, like start off kind of full of herself and then like get more like cranky as she goes down, or like what like you know, I'll.
Speaker 2: Tell you what I want to do. Rob.
Speaker 1: I want you to Rob, excuse me, I've already been recast.
Speaker 2: I want you to read her in with line nub. Why are you in the bin? Why are you in the bin? Sammy? You're so pretty?
Speaker 6: And I want you to respond. So he's going to read you in three times each time. I want you to respond with just I am Albert, three different ways.
Speaker 2: Okay, keeping that note in mind, But dude, maybe you want.
Speaker 6: To start small, bitter, big, bigger, bitterer, larger bit with three different, completely different versions, and then we'll make a decision as to how to do the rest of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, and we'll read you in when you're ready.
Speaker 1: Why are you in the bad bind? Sammy? You're so pretty?
Speaker 9: I am Albert. I am Albert, I am Albert.
Speaker 2: Okay, all those were kind of sweet. I want to get, you know, a little bit more of that.
Speaker 6: I'm so angry about this as your subtext, okay, and I want him to read you in all three times, so I want him to read it, and you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna read it. He's gonna read it again.
Speaker 1: Why are you in the bad bind? Sammy? You're so pretty?
Speaker 7: I am Albert.
Speaker 1: Why are you in the bad bin? Then, Sammy? I mean, you're so pretty.
Speaker 9: I am Albert.
Speaker 1: Why are you in the bad bind? Sammy? You're so pretty?
Speaker 7: I am Albert.
Speaker 5: Very nice?
Speaker 6: All three valid versions of how to start that, So now use that last word I am, But it's almost a clenched.
Speaker 10: Jaw kind of like I was getting, like kind of like depresso, like, oh, you're right, God, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, well, I kind of like the deep angry, like I'm so angry.
Speaker 6: I'm trying not to yell at you because it's not really your fault, but I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I don't belong here.
Speaker 6: So and what I want to do is some kind of build that happens in the script. Okay, right, run that little section again, just from and I'll read one more time, will if you will get it?
Speaker 2: Run the whole one.
Speaker 1: Okay, why are you in the bad band, Sammy? You're so pretty?
Speaker 7: I am Albert.
Speaker 10: I am the prettiest fish that this factory has ever made, the prettiest fish that has ever been made. But none of that matters when the world you were brought into is a cesspool of awfulness, covered and even more awfulness.
Speaker 9: And then tipped and nuts that have been sprayed with.
Speaker 5: Very good.
Speaker 2: That was very good. That was much more interesting. Do you see what I'm saying?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 9: I loved it so much more.
Speaker 2: Thank you, my pleasure entirely.
Speaker 6: Beck All, I have I want to talk about the commercial separately if I may, Yes, so, Rob, do you have notes for her for the body of the speech?
Speaker 5: No, I just have some stuff about the commercial.
Speaker 2: And okay, you know, why don't you take the commercial up?
Speaker 5: Really lovely, Mia, really on the commercial.
Speaker 4: I would love to hear you do it, just as just as though you were talking about ozempic like my've really lowered my A one C. And the copy obviously is written in such a way that it draws attention to himself because it's all absurd.
Speaker 5: So I would like to have you read it in a very matter.
Speaker 4: Of fact way with absolutely belief in what you're saying. Don't play the comedy of the words. They're funny the way they're written, and they're absurd, all right, or just try that.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 10: Just because I have a small apartment, that doesn't mean that I have a small appetite. And just because my building on indoor open flames or dangerous levels of carbon monoxide, that doesn't mean that I don't need to occasionally throw down some meat and grill, grill, grill well with bluff, pardon well. With Blover's new indoor smokeless Grail, I can live like a carnivore and not worry about burning the place down or killing my neighbors with dangerous poison gas. Using potential fire stuff technology, Blover's has taken all of the heat and smoke of a real fire and made it relatively safe for indoor use. Now I can cook my meat by my bed, and the only thing I'll have to worry about is my alarmingly high cholesterol level. Blover's indoor Smokeless Girls be a hunter again. Blover's Girls are not certified for use in most apartment buildings or outdoors not suitable for meats. Vegetables or some cheeses not egal in California or New Mexico.
Speaker 4: Blowing through the legal copy is exactly don't be afraid to take some chances, conversational and colloquial.
Speaker 10: Try to Okay, Hey, just because I have a small apartment, that doesn't mean that I have a small appetite. And just because my building frowns on indoor open flames or dangerous levels of carbon monoxide, that doesn't mean that I don't need to occasionally throw down some meat and grill.
Speaker 7: Grill, grill.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 10: With Blover's new indoor smokeless grill, I can live like a carnivore, not worry about burning the blaze down or killing my neighbors with dangerous poisonous gas.
Speaker 7: Using patented fire stuff technology.
Speaker 10: Bliver's has taken all of the heat and smoke of a real fire and made it relatively safe for indoor use. Now I can cook my meat by my bed, and the only thing I'll have to worry about is.
Speaker 9: My alarmly hay cholesterol level. Blover's indoor smokeless grills be a hunter.
Speaker 4: Again when you go to Blover's has taken all of the heat and smoke of real fire and made it give yourself a beat before, relatively safe and made it, you know, however you would like to however you would like to use. You are aware, You're not stupid, You're aware that it is it is lethal. But and so instead of saying kind of lethal, you're saying it's relatively safe.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Up if you would from just going from using patented fire stuff through for indoor use.
Speaker 10: Using patented fire stuff technology, Blommers has taken all of the heat and smoke of real fire and made it relatively say for indoor use.
Speaker 8: Great, great, ron Mia, Thank you of your small.
Speaker 4: Yeah, leave some for the other girls.
Speaker 1: Thank you. We will be right back with you.
Speaker 2: Well done.
Speaker 1: If we're being uh, you know, we've got to start nitpicking is the problem. Her her v O work, her animation work is better so far than her ad reads. And it's also, I mean's exactly what you were showing. What we're both showing is one of the things that we're looking for. We've said, as somebody who they're going to win today, they could be in the booth tomorrow. And one of the things you have to do when you get ad copy or script is find those moments. You have to find those beats, and there's not always going to be a great director or a great actor there that's going to point them out to you. So that's another thing we're looking for as somebody who's taking those moments and finding those beats and yeah, and taking the direction. So well, let's with that said, let's go see what Hanna Obama, Haskay, Hey Hannah, Hello, how are you? I'm here? All right, So what we're going to be doing is the first go around, we are not going to say anything. We're just going to let you go through the script. I'm going to be playing Albert, you're going to be playing Sammy, and there's going to be no The one difference here is there's going to be no break between the two. So you're going to get through. We're going to get through the scene and you can take a breath, and then you're going to go right into the ad read. So it's like you're reading the copy for your own own television show, if that's cool. And we won't be reading like last time, we won't be reading any of the stage direction. We're going to do it straight up like an old radio play, like we would be recording in a booth. Perfect you good? I'm good? All right? So here we go, Andrea, if you would get us started, We're going to start at.
Speaker 2: Line one with Albert. When you're ready, we are rolling.
Speaker 1: The coast is clear.
Speaker 7: Do you want us to get caught?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 7: Oh, yelling is the opposite giving your voice down?
Speaker 11: Opposite means chocolate flavored.
Speaker 7: Oh no it doesn't. I've told you that one hundred.
Speaker 1: Times, have you. I don't remember that? Oh wait, nope, still don't remember. Uh, I'm sorry, Sammy. Why are we escaping again?
Speaker 7: Because for some crazy reason you were relegated to the reject pile. And if we don't get out of if you're going to melt us down, that sounds bad.
Speaker 11: It's bad, right, yes, Albert, it's bad.
Speaker 1: Am I as good an escaping as.
Speaker 7: You, well, seeing as we actually haven't escaped yet.
Speaker 1: Thinking no, oh yeah, I keep forgetting that you have to escape first to actually be a good escaper. Am I always forgetting stuff like this because my head got smushed.
Speaker 7: I'm guessing that's only a small part of it.
Speaker 1: Why are you in the bad bin, Sammy? I mean you're so pretty?
Speaker 7: Oh I am Albert? I am the prettiest fish that this factory isn't made, the prettiest fish that has ever been made. But none of that matters. When the world you were brought into was a souciable of awfulness. We heard to need more awfulness. The dicked to nonsense frayed with spreak offulness.
Speaker 1: Huh, well, then why are you in the bin?
Speaker 7: I overheard some workers talking, apparently something wrong with my recipe. Oh no, yeah, I'm two sour stupid jerks.
Speaker 1: I'm don't think that's true. Sammy, you're a little tower best.
Speaker 7: Please you just wait till I get out of here. I'm going to be the sweetest fitch you've ever met.
Speaker 1: Why would you be Swedish?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Sweet test fish, not sweetish? Are you trying to get a sued?
Speaker 1: Okay, so what do we do next?
Speaker 7: Okay, first we have to get down from the spin. Next we have to make it across the factory floor. Then we have to open the big door by the loading dock.
Speaker 1: And lastly, when.
Speaker 7: We make our way to the city, we'll find jobs in the studio apartment. And I'm okay if the closet isn't that bad, but I'm going to have to insist on a washer and dryer.
Speaker 11: That's going to be a deal breaker for me.
Speaker 1: Right, right, So first we have to get past that big dog.
Speaker 7: No, first we have to Oh were you even listening?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I was looking at the big dog?
Speaker 5: Who what er? Great m.
Speaker 8: Just because just because I have a small apartment, that doesn't mean I have a small appetite. And just because my building frowns on indoor open flames and dangerous levels of carbon monoxide, that doesn't mean that I don't need to occasionally throw down some meat and grill grill grillel Well, with Bleover's new indoor smokeless grills, I can live like a carnivore and not worry about burning the place down or killing my neighbors with dangerous poison gas. Using patented fire stuff technology, Glover's has taken all the heat and smoke of real fire and made it relatively safe for indoor use. Now I can cook my meat by my bed, and the only thing I have to worry about is my alarmingly high cholesterol level. Bleover's indoor smokeless grills be.
Speaker 11: A hunter again.
Speaker 7: Bloffer's grills are not certified for most use in apartment buildings or outdoors not suitable for most meat, vegetables, or some cheeses not legal in California or New Mexico.
Speaker 1: Yay, no, you that was great handah man, you just changed on a dime.
Speaker 4: The first Sammy was nothing like the lady who likes to cook meat.
Speaker 5: By her bed.
Speaker 4: Forgive me for jumping in, Drea, I I just uh, I was so impressed by you. Literally did take what a beat and a half and just boom and it was just lovely.
Speaker 7: I thank you, thank you.
Speaker 6: I wanted to deal with a couple of lines from the first part of the copy. Okay, we had a little technical maybe you guys didn't have the same technical problems, but at the very top of the copy there were several words of yours that just plane dropped out.
Speaker 1: I did today for the first time, Hannah, which you've never done before. You're spiking, which is which is strange. You know as it went on, will it did it got better?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: It's it's what we were noticing earlier in the competition is when people got hiring their registers with certain types of microphone, especially with more people on a zoom, it would compress, so it would it would. So we're going to would run.
Speaker 6: The beginning again, the first part of the scene, just so I can hear it clearer. And then I do have a specific note about it, which is, keep your voice down. You want to get caught? Sorry, yelling is I mean, really, you're he's an idiot, friend, but he's clearly an idiot.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: And I think if this character, if.
Speaker 6: I'm reading it correctly as the author intended, she's sour.
Speaker 2: She's meant to be sour, right, She's she's supposed to be, So I'd like to hear some of that.
Speaker 6: In her performance, Okay, even angry at him, even though he's kind of her friend.
Speaker 1: Ready, Yes, honey, you good?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: When you're ready? Will we're really.
Speaker 1: The coast is clear.
Speaker 7: Keep your voice down?
Speaker 11: Do you want us stick get caught?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 9: Yelling is the opposite. Keeping your voice.
Speaker 11: Down opposite means acol flavor.
Speaker 7: It doesn't I told you that one hundred times, have you?
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't remember that. Oh wait, no, I still don't remember. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: That's great, that's great. Okay, That's what I just needed to hear it, Hannah.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, starting with Sammy saying because for some crazy reason, we are relegated to the reject pile. For me, it starts on page two, yes, and I just want to run like the next three or four lines will if you'd read that with her, I need to get a little bit of urgency, Hannah with.
Speaker 2: Okay, if we don't get out of here, we're gonna get melted down.
Speaker 6: Right now, it was just kind of informational, but there wasn't really much context as to how do you feel about that? So let me hear the urgency about that, and then and again when we get.
Speaker 2: To yes, Albert, it's bad, a little more impatience with what an idiot he is? Okay, right, So started from actually, we'll wantn't you meet in with? Sorry, Sammy, why aren't we escaping?
Speaker 1: Yes, ma'am, you're ready, we're rolling. Sorry Sammy, why are we escaping again?
Speaker 10: Because we're some crazy reason we were relegated to the reject pile and if you don't get out of here, they're going to build us down.
Speaker 1: That's not bad.
Speaker 11: It's bad, right, It's Albert, it's bad.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's it, much better, much better, Mom, Did you want to give her any other notes on the on the.
Speaker 4: Not just because I I just I'm having so much fun with this. I'd like to try that little paragraph where Sammy scowls after he says, why are you in the bad being?
Speaker 5: Sammy? You're so pretty? And you I would I would like.
Speaker 4: You to start out being a little more morose. Look for places where you can actually add a different punctuation, you can end a sentence, not necessarily where it.
Speaker 5: Is you can.
Speaker 4: It's it's like it's authentic thinking out loud.
Speaker 5: So just try that.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so I'll read you in. Here we go perfect? Why are you in the bad beIN? Sammy?
Speaker 12: You're so pretty, Albert, I'm the prettiest this factory has ever made, the prettiest fish that has ever been made. But none of that matters when the world you were brought into is a cesspool filled with awfulness, covered in even more awfulness than dipped in nuts that have been sprayed with breckirals. Oh no, more awfulness.
Speaker 4: Great, try out one more time the first line, You're so pretty.
Speaker 5: And that can be very matter of fact, like, oh yeah, I know that I can just try that.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure, sure are you ready?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: Why are you in the bad Bend, Sammy, you're so pretty.
Speaker 7: I am Albert, I am the prettiest fish that this factory has ever made, the prettiest fish that has ever been made. None of that matters. And when the world you were brought into is a cesspool full of is a cesspool of awfulness, covered with even more awfulness than dipped and nuts that have been sprayed with bretas, no more awfulness.
Speaker 5: Greg, thank you very much. That was really lovely, really good.
Speaker 7: Hannah, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: We will be right back with you. So it's tough because I think Mio was better with the vo and I think that Hannah was better with the ad read.
Speaker 2: I agree, yeah, ye, at.
Speaker 1: The end of the day, I at least that first round, I think Mia found more beats than Hannah did in the animation portion and thus equated to better acting frankly in the in the first round, agreed. But then you get to the ad read, where a lot of actors make a fortune and do a great job. And Hannah was really good.
Speaker 4: She definitely, in this small snippet, appeared to be a little more versatile, and I know Andrea.
Speaker 5: Is very used to this.
Speaker 4: In fact, this is a good question, Andrea, how do you figure.
Speaker 5: In nerves to read.
Speaker 4: With a young actor who's going, oh my god, I really need this job.
Speaker 1: Great question, it's.
Speaker 2: An excellent question.
Speaker 6: And what I try to do is get them out of their own heads so they're not thinking about it anymore.
Speaker 2: And so you'll give whatever note let them run.
Speaker 6: And it's organic and it has to happen at the time with each individual actor what they respond to. And sometimes it's just as simple as asking them to step back from the microphone, shake it out, you know, reach, touch your toes, come back up.
Speaker 2: Start again. We're rolling.
Speaker 6: And you know what I do as much as possible is just encourage them. Would just be as encouraging as possibility. You know what, there's nothing that you can do here that's wrong.
Speaker 2: We want to hear you act.
Speaker 6: We just want to hear you do this stuff. We're here. We want you to do well. So you know, what can I do to help you? So sometimes giving them that option, what can I tell you? What can I do for you that will make that will help you? But it's an interesting thing. I mean, I remember Chuck McCain, Remember chucklicking well, sure, remember him, especially.
Speaker 2: Into a flop swept in an audition.
Speaker 6: For men established successful actor just losing it because he was so nervous.
Speaker 2: He wanted this role so much, and I had to get him out of his head. I had to like pull, you know, give him a towel to dry off, and let's let's chuck. I love you.
Speaker 5: How fun.
Speaker 6: Yeah, everything has to be done with differently, Robert, it's a really good question.
Speaker 2: But she definitely had a nervous issue.
Speaker 1: She did. She did, and it's the first time I've seen it. She's been ice cold this entire competition. I mean, really, this entire competition, at least at least to the point where she's been hiding it very well because I'm sure she was nervous. We're all gett nervous. I I got nervous yesterday driving to my job. I mean, it happens all the time. So but she hit it very well until today where you really kind of see it. But again, we're you know, we're we're stewing these people. I mean, right now, they're all sitting there in the quiet and there's zoom in their rooms, wondering what's going to happen. Your nerves are getting better of you. So yeah, it's an interesting question. But with that said, let's let's make it even more difficult on them and bring it back in. I would uh, since you are are our guest actor judge today, Rob, I'm going to use the once again the beautiful Rider Strong from Boy Meets World's Head Oh as the coin of the day. So Mia is Rider's middle part and h Hannah is the back here. Can you tell me heads or tails? Uh? So yeah, heads or tails to who goes first for the next round?
Speaker 5: Okay, uh.
Speaker 1: Tales it is heads? Like once again, have to look at Ryder Strong's stupid face all the time. So let's bring Mia in. Hi, miya, Hello? How are you?
Speaker 9: I'm good?
Speaker 2: Thank you for being so patient.
Speaker 1: Of course we know it's crazy. So here's what we'd like to do. I think we told you a little bit. We're gonna switch rolls. You're now going to be Albert and I am going to be Sammy. But we are going to have Rob and Andrea up pick the character you are going to do. So Rob, if you would, please, sir, can you give me a number between one and six.
Speaker 5: Four?
Speaker 1: Andrea? Could you give me a number between one and twelve eleven? Rob a number between one and seven two, and Andrea, please, if you would to finish it off a number between one and eleven.
Speaker 2: Uh six?
Speaker 1: Okay? So okay, Mia, you are going to be reading this character as a small MERR person. Oh you are five years old, baby, and the love of your life has just left you. No, not the five exactly. So once again we are combining all games. So you are a small mr person who is five years old and the love of your life just left, and that is your character as you are. Albert.
Speaker 9: Alrighty, because it's clear.
Speaker 1: Keep your voice down you want to get us caught. Sorry, yelling is the opposite of keeping your voice down.
Speaker 9: Opposite means chocolate favored.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't. I've told you that one hundred times, have you.
Speaker 13: I don't remember that?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: Still I remember?
Speaker 9: Ah, sorry, Sammy, Why are we escaping again?
Speaker 1: Oh? Because for some crazy reason, we are relegated to the reject pile and if we don't get out of here, they're gonna melt us down.
Speaker 9: That sounds bad.
Speaker 1: It's bad, right, yes, Albert, it's bad.
Speaker 9: Am I as good as escaper as you.
Speaker 1: Well, seeing as we haven't actually escapered yet, I'm thinking no.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, thank you forgetting that you have to escape first to actually be a good escaper.
Speaker 7: Am I always forgetting stuff like this because.
Speaker 9: My head got smashed.
Speaker 1: Hm. I'm guessing that's only a small part of it.
Speaker 9: Why are you and the bad Bend? Sammy?
Speaker 7: You're so pretty?
Speaker 1: I am Albert. I'm the prettiest fish this factory has ever made, the prettiest fish that has ever been made. But none of that matters when the world you're brought into is a cesspool of awfulness, covered in even more awfulness, and then dipped in nuts that have been sprayed with spreads. No more awfulness?
Speaker 9: Oh then, then, why are you in the ben y?
Speaker 1: I overheard some of the workers talking. Apparently something went wrong with my recipe. Oh no, yeah, I'm two sour stupid jerks.
Speaker 10: I don't think that's true, Sammy, Yeah, maybe a little sour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's because of this place. You just wait till I get out of here. I'm gonna be the sweetish fish you've ever met.
Speaker 11: Why would you be sweetish?
Speaker 1: Sweetish fish not Swedish? Well are you trying to get a sued Ah?
Speaker 9: Well, what do we do next?
Speaker 1: All right, first we have to get down from this bin. Next we have to make it across the factory floor. Then we have to open that big door by the loading dock, and lastly we have to make our way to the city where we'll find jobs in a studio apartment. I'm okay if the closet isn't that big, but I'm going to insist on a washer dryer. It's gonna be my deal breaker, all.
Speaker 13: Right, right, right, okay, okay, So first we have to get past.
Speaker 7: That big dog.
Speaker 1: What big No, First we have to were you even listening?
Speaker 9: I was looking at the big dog.
Speaker 1: The big what.
Speaker 5: I heard?
Speaker 1: That was really really good? That was really good. Since we're here, do we want to do the ad copy in some new kind of way? Do you just want to take a swing doing something where we're I mean, Rob, can you think of just a whole new kind of way to read the ad copy?
Speaker 5: Tweak the copy to make it as you.
Speaker 4: Are the spokesperson, but you're a grill expert, a cooking expert, so that there will be a little bit more kind of officiousness to your read, a little bit more like you're an expert on this.
Speaker 5: See what you can do with that. It's a good thing. I don't direct.
Speaker 1: I'm also gonna I haven't. I haven't really spoken up at all because I have two more people that are far more qualified than I am here. But everything we've done today, as great as it's been, has all been in kind of the same register. I would love to hear if you could just lower it a little bit, I would like to hear a different tone from you. You don't have to go crazy, you don't have to go growlly, but just something a little less, little girl, just for one ad read to see where that lands kind of in your register.
Speaker 6: That same thing, and if I could articulate it in just a slightly different way for.
Speaker 1: You, a better way. Is what she said. She does this for a living. There's a reason she has Emmys, and I don't even know anyone.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing.
Speaker 6: I want you to use the lowest part of your voice, where it's the lowest and the deepest and most comfortable, without forcing it at all. So you're not pushing it down here, you're just finding either if you were to sing la la la la, la, la la la, that's already just pushing it. So love comfortable here, I could speak in this voice, So find a pitch a placement where it's comfortable, but the deepest part of your range without forcing it.
Speaker 10: Okay, you know, just because I have a small apartment, that doesn't mean that I have a small appetite. Just because of my building frowns on indoor open flames are dangerous levels of carbon monoxide. That doesn't mean that I don't need to occasionally throw down some meating grill grill. Grill well with Blover's new indoor smokeless grill, I can't pardon.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 10: With Blover's new indoor smokeless grill, I can live like a carnivore and not worry about burning the blaze down or killing my neighbors with dangerous boisonous gas. Using patented fire stuff technology, Blover has taken all of the heat and smoke of real life fire and made it relatively safe for indoor use. Now I can cook my meat by my bed, and the only thing I'll have to worry about is my alarmingly.
Speaker 8: High cholesterol level.
Speaker 10: But that's nothing new Blover's indoor smokeless grills be a hunter again. Blover's grills are not certified for use in most apartment buildings or outdoors, not suitable for most meats, vegetables, or some cheeses not legal in California or New Mexico.
Speaker 2: It's really nice.
Speaker 5: It was a lot different from the last time.
Speaker 1: All Right, we will be back with you. Thank you, Mia, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 6: Well, that was a great note you gave Rob. That was remarkably better.
Speaker 1: Her also the scene her five year old and her acting, and then the moment she was finding We even talked about that. She killed that, you know. You know how I why I noticed it the most is because she was making me better. I was playing I was playing off of her as much as she was playing off of me, and I was finding beats I hadn't done before. It was just that was great. So what a great remark. Well, okay, let's bring Hannah in and see see what we can do there. Hey, Hannah, how are you. Well, here's what we're gonna do. Yes, we are going to switch characters like we did last time, but we are going to play by the numbers, and Andrea and Rob are going to create the character for you. Okay, is what's going to happen. So if you would please mister Paulson, a number between one and six, five Andrea a number between one and twelve, four, Rob a number between one and seven seven, and finally Andrea a number between one and eleven. Okay, okay, so, han Obama, you are a tiny racehorse. Race Wait a second, let me make sure I have this right. Yes, you are a tiny race horse. That is correct. You are ninety five years old and you are afraid of your own shadow. This is a tough round here.
Speaker 13: You do this to me?
Speaker 1: Are you ready to give it a pass?
Speaker 7: Sure?
Speaker 1: All right, at your pleasure.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, when you are ready. We'll start from the top and we're rolling.
Speaker 11: It is clear.
Speaker 1: Keep your voice down you want to get us caught show yelling is the opposite of keeping your voice down.
Speaker 9: After ship means, how can you flavor?
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't. I've told you that one hundred times.
Speaker 11: Hell you, I don't remember that.
Speaker 13: Wait nope, I do don't remember a Sorry Sammy.
Speaker 7: Why we escaping again?
Speaker 1: Because for some crazy reason we are relegated to the reject pile and I finally, if we don't get out of here, they're going to melt us down. That bad. It's bad, right, yes, Albert, it's bad. Huh?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 13: Red, am I as good as an escaper as you are.
Speaker 1: Well, seeing as we haven't actually escaped yet, I'm thinking no.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, I can't forgetting that you actually have to escape first to actually be a good escaper.
Speaker 7: Am I alwish forgetting stuff like this?
Speaker 9: Because my head is smushed.
Speaker 1: I'm guessing that's only a small part of it.
Speaker 13: Well, eh, yeah, why are you in the bad ben?
Speaker 1: Sammy? You're so pretty? Yes I am Albert I. I'm the prettiest fish that this factory has ever made, the prettiest fish that's ever been made. But none of that matters when the world you were brought into is a cesspool of awfulness covered in even more awful and then dip the nuts and sprayed with bingo more awfulness there.
Speaker 9: Oh then, why are you in the bin?
Speaker 1: I overheard some of the workers talking. Apparently something went wrong with my recipe. Oh no, yep, I'm two sour stupid jerks.
Speaker 13: When I don't think that's true, Sammy, you're a.
Speaker 11: Little shell work.
Speaker 1: It's because of this place. You Just wait till I get out of here. I'm gonna be the sweetish fish you've ever met.
Speaker 11: Oh that would you be? Sweetish?
Speaker 1: Sweetens? M sweetish fish? Not sweetish you're trying to get a.
Speaker 9: Sued eh maybe, Well, what do we do next?
Speaker 1: Well, first we have to get down from this bin. Next we have to make it across the factory floor. Then we have to open that big door by the loading dock, and Leslie, we have to make our way to the city where we'll find jobs in the studio apartment. I'm okay, if the closet isn't that big, I'm going to insist on a wash your dryer though. That's gonna be a deal breaker for me.
Speaker 9: Right all right, So first we just have to erase patch that big dog.
Speaker 1: No, first we have to get were you even listening?
Speaker 13: Nah, I was just looking at the big dog over there with the world.
Speaker 1: That's great. Before anybody gives any notes, I want to do one more with a different character for you, Okay. I want one that I want to hear something more in your natural register. Okay, and just go through the scene acting wise. Okay, So I want to let's keep we can keep the keep the horse if you want to keep the horse. But let's what what would you say your natural age would be? Voice wise? Twenty eighteen between you twenty that voice right there you're talking voice right there. I want to do that. I want to get one clean take. Your mic is acting up a little bit at times. I also think you're a little bit in your head about trying to keep the voice right, the age right. It's a lot, and I want to make sure we get a great take with you with just your natural register and going through there so you can keep all of the you know, if you want to keep some of the affectations of being the horse, or you want to keep afraid of your own shadow, that's fine, but I want to keep it in your natural register. I want to see what that's like. If that's cool, Andrea, Rob, is that work? And then we'll just run through it once again real quick like that. Sure does that work for you? Sure?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Cool? So whenever you want to go and again, I would say, pick the character, but keep it in your register and let's see what happens. Okay, all right, when you're ready to rolling.
Speaker 11: The coast is clear, sh keep your voice down.
Speaker 1: You want to get us caught. Yelling is the opposite of keeping your down.
Speaker 7: Opposite means chocolate flavored.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't. I've told you that one hundred times.
Speaker 6: Have you.
Speaker 7: I you don't remember that. Oh wait, nope, still don't remember. Ah, sorry, Sammy, Why are we escaping again?
Speaker 1: Because for some crazy reason we are relegated to the reject pile and if we don't get out of here, they're gonna melt us down.
Speaker 7: Oh that sounds bad.
Speaker 1: That's bad, right, yes, Albert, it's bad.
Speaker 7: Well, am I as good as an escaper as you?
Speaker 1: Well, seeing as we haven't actually escaped yet, I'm thinking no.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that you actually have to escape first to actually be a good escaper? And am I always forgetting stuff like this? Because my head got smushed.
Speaker 1: I'm guessing that's only a small part of it.
Speaker 7: Well, then, then, why are you on the bad bend?
Speaker 1: Sammy?
Speaker 3: You're so pretty?
Speaker 1: Yes I am, Albert. I'm the prettiest fish that this factory has ever made, the prettiest fish that's ever been made. But none of that matters when the world you're brought into a sussesspool of awfulness, covered in even more awfulness, and then dipped in nuts, and then the raight with sprinkles, no more awfulness.
Speaker 7: Oh then why are you and the bin?
Speaker 1: I overheard some of the workers talking apparently something went wrong with my recipe. Oh no, yeah, I'm two sour stupid jerks.
Speaker 7: Well I don't think that's true, Sammy.
Speaker 1: Well, it's just because of this place. You just wait till I get out of here. I'm gonna be the sweetest fish you've ever met.
Speaker 7: Why would you go to be sweetish?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sweetish fish, not sweetish? Are you trying to get us sued? Oh?
Speaker 7: Well, what do we do next?
Speaker 1: Okay? I have a figured out. First we have to get down from the bin. Next we have to make it across the factory floor. Then we have to open that big door by the loading dock. And lastly we have to make our way to the city, where we'll find jobs in a studio apartment. I'm okay if the closet isn't that big, but I'm going to insist on a.
Speaker 7: Washer dryat that's it's going to be a deal breaker for me, right, have right, So, so first we have to get past.
Speaker 1: The big dog big No, first we have were you even listening, na, I was.
Speaker 7: Looking at the big puppy?
Speaker 1: What big pow?
Speaker 5: That was great?
Speaker 2: Very good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wanted to just hear it in your in your natural register.
Speaker 5: Thank you really lovely and totally natural. It was great.
Speaker 2: I'm going to do something with the commercial, but the ad.
Speaker 1: Copy, Oh did you want me to do that?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Well we're yeah, we're debating. We're seeing which I think I think we should. Let's have you run through it again. Any any ideas, Andrea Rob anything different for the commercial?
Speaker 6: I do because we got such a good version of this the first time you went through, Rhanna, Yes, and you can just of rest on your laurels for it's just fine.
Speaker 2: So just to.
Speaker 6: Play and give you something different to do. Sure, let's find a character for this. So we're imagining this. Here's what I'm picturing. A motorcycle gang mall, a tough broad.
Speaker 2: You know, she's really kind of tough.
Speaker 6: She's got tattoos all over and piercings everywhere, and and she's used to being around a really tough element and everything.
Speaker 2: So let that be a placement for you to find for the voice.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: And then there's one other thing. I want to deal with it. And I don't know how you guys deal with this when you work on it, but.
Speaker 6: I found that when I was teaching, oftentimes people had a hard time getting into commercial copy, getting getting it started because decided who they were talking to in their minds. Part of the actor was I'm just I'm doing a commercial. I'm talking to the entire audience. That doesn't necessarily help the actor. I think for your performance, you need to decide who are you talking to. So, so maybe it's your boyfriend. Maybe it's your boyfriend. Okay, your motorcycle gang boyfriend. And he's just said, gosh, your apartment so small. That's what he's just said to you before you start this copy. So I'm gonna read you into it, and then you're going to dive in and read the rest of the copy. Okay, all right, your really tough, nasty boyfriend, biker guy.
Speaker 1: That's perfect.
Speaker 6: Geez, your apartment is so small.
Speaker 8: Hey, just because I have a small apartment, that doesn't mean I have a small appetite. And just because my building frowns on indoor open flames or dangerous levels of carbon monoxide, that doesn't mean I don't need to occasionally throw down some meat and grill.
Speaker 1: Grill, grill.
Speaker 8: So with Blover's new indoor smokeless grill, I can live like a carnivore and not worry about burning the place down or killing my neighbors with dangerous poison gas. Using patented fire stuff technology, Blever's has taken all of the heat and smoke of real fire and made it relatively safer indoors. So now I can cook my meat by my bed and the only thing I have to worry about is my alarmingly high cholesterol level. Blover's indoor smokeless grills be a hunter again. Glover's grills are not certified for most apartment buildings, are outdoors, not suitable for most meats, vegtabals or some cheese is not legal in California or New Mexico.
Speaker 1: Nice, really good. That's great, really good. Thank you so much, Hannah. We will be back with you. Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Well done. So interesting this process, it's nuts.
Speaker 6: Interesting, yes, because because you're you're trying to judge a whole bunch of different stuff from you write a lot more time with both these goals, so you know them a little better than well.
Speaker 1: That's I mean, this is the thing, I think.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: We have so many different versions of the voiceover actor. I mean again, I can see Hannah. I I frankly think Hannah did not do great with some of the acting choices today, which is which is rare because she was killing it before. But her ad read were great. I can easily see her taking some acting classes and maybe getting a little bit more comfortable in her skin when it comes to the actual acting portion, but in the meantime reading ad copies all over the place and doing very well. I thought MIA's had two great days, she I thought, really seeing the direction that she was taking, the choices that she was making, owning everything she did, and then switching. I thought her weakest part by far was the add copy, and then I thought she did great with the add copy the last time. So it's tough. It's tough. I mean, we've said we thought our top sixteen, all of all the top sixteen could have been signed and and you know, could have have found a career. So the last two down to the last two are you know, we hope the two best that we had. And of course I'm sure some people were great and had bad days. It happens, you know, So you don't know who just left and went, ah, damn it, I had the worst day ever. We all have them, you know. That being said, it's we're now nitpicking and I personally not to start it, but I personally think Mia had the better day too.
Speaker 6: And this, as you said, we all have bad days. You know, another day it might have been.
Speaker 1: Just absolutely absolutely, but we.
Speaker 6: Have a finite you know, what you choose from, and what we saw today, I think Mea is the stronger content.
Speaker 1: Here's the other thing, just before you jump in, Rob, just for both of you to know, because we have been with these contestants for so long, Mea has gotten better every time. Oh that's the thing. So she's she's also she's nineteen. Shut up, she's nineteen and getting better with every session we've had. And if that's where she started and this is where she is now, I mean I use this analogy with you the last time, Andrea, which is you know you have the two. You have a baseball coach who's looking at two runners who both make it to first base at the same amount of time. One of them is perfect form, one of them is bad form. You take the with bad form because teaching perfect form, and he's going to beat the first guy. So me at watching her progress this much in this short amount of time, start getting her in a booth with regular auditions and I mean, the sky's the limit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a great point. And the other side of that coin is in terms of you know, folks like folks like us, well, our stock and trade is versatility. You can create a character or try a dialect or singing character, all that other stuff.
Speaker 5: Nonetheless, I thought, no, Hannah was great, just phenomenal.
Speaker 4: The nature of this competition, as you say, is about right now.
Speaker 5: So that's just the way it goes.
Speaker 4: I mean, at this moment, at this time, what you've told us, under this circumstance, it's pretty difficult to not go with Mia.
Speaker 1: I agree. And Hannah was nervous today. You could tell Hannah was nervous today.
Speaker 6: You can that said in a professional situation, whether she's in the booth at the agency, it's not going to get less stressful, and it's going to be a matter of her learning how to handle that.
Speaker 2: We gave her so many times today saying how are you, and she always.
Speaker 1: Was like, I'm here, I guess I'm here.
Speaker 2: Don't go there. Yeah, I'm great, I'm so grateful to be here. I'm gung ho.
Speaker 6: It's a mistake when you walk in the door and you bring your problems with you. Outside, and it's all about I am here to work and have fun.
Speaker 1: And I thought the same thing. I thought the same thing. Yeah, okay, so I think we're all in agreement then right.
Speaker 6: All right, well we're going to tell these ladies now right?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Are you tell Hannah first?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, let's I want to give her lots of encouragement because.
Speaker 1: Of course, hey, how are you well? So I'm going to be just totally honest to you. Unfortunately, you didn't win today, okay, but you did an amazing job. I mean number two out of forty five hundred people. You know, when I'm we're sitting here with Rob Paulson and Andrea Romano, two of the best ever in the business. And when I told them it was forty five hundred people, they couldn't believe how.
Speaker 5: Many people around it.
Speaker 1: It's you've done so incredibly well. I have to.
Speaker 5: Say, let me interject something.
Speaker 4: And firstly, Will and I are both on Andrea's You're an actor too, right, Andrea, you were an actor at college, and so we all we all, and I am dead serious. We know exactly how you feel, we know exactly how bad you want it. I have to tell you the hustle never stops. Ever, when someone says to me, what's your favorite gig, I say the next one, because I can't believe that I'm able to do essentially what got me in trouble in high school with people whom I would choose to be my friends, two of whom are here.
Speaker 5: And then my job is to bring joy to millions of people.
Speaker 4: So that is all to say that you are so ahead of the game. I reckon I've done something like twenty five hundred and a half hours of animation.
Speaker 5: Which means I've not gotten four thousand of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 5: It's never easy.
Speaker 4: But you are in a position not only with a lot of skill and a delightful personality, and you're young and you're just on your way. But the people who are telling you this worked yesterday and we're working tomorrow, so we really know what we're talking about.
Speaker 5: And you are precious, Hannah.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much, Rob, I really do appreciate that.
Speaker 6: I want to interject if I may hear that, I want to encourage you, Hannah, to continue pursuing this. You're very good, you really are. Your commercial stuff is excellent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 6: And you know, we talked about this, Robin and Will and I about how one any given day, you may be able to handle this one thing, and then another day you're just kind of not good at that one is not you personally, and so this may not have been the best day for you.
Speaker 2: When we first said hello to you, you seemed kind.
Speaker 6: Of down a little or nervous or whatever it seemed to be affecting you, And of course it is.
Speaker 2: But that's part of the gig, is that nervousness and dealing with that.
Speaker 6: And so while I want to encourage you to continue to take classes, to continue to work tr this, to find an agent to pursue this work, absolutely, I also want to suggest to you that you bring with your talent that absolute desire that you clearly have to do well yes, so that if someone says, how are you? Let everything else go away and like I'm great and I'm so happy to be here, okay, and then you will convince yourself that that is the truth, because it is you want to be in front of people. And this is something that I learned about auditioning as an actress, which was auditions should not be intimidating somebody in this particular day, Rob Paulson, Will Ferdell and Andrea Romano wanted you to perform for us.
Speaker 2: Who is that?
Speaker 1: That is the audition you get.
Speaker 2: People want you to perform for them, and you got that down. You really do. You're well on your way. Keep pursuing it.
Speaker 6: Don't be discouraged by the fact that this particular contest, this particular audition, you didn't come out on top. You came out really close to aunt, really close. So I just I don't want you to be sad about this. You've accomplished quite a bit already, and I encourag you to continue on and you will succeed more.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure we'll be seeing your name years from now.
Speaker 6: On various high I think, so virtual work or animation work.
Speaker 2: I wish you the very best of luck.
Speaker 1: And take these episodes, take the episodes and put together a real and send them out places you're gonna get signed by some You're gonna get signed somewhere you are. Yeah, I mean, it's everything's remote nowadays, so it doesn't matter where you are. You now have the the reads under your belt. Again, what Rob said is absolutely right. We've all heard no or the equivalent of No. One hundred thousand times, So it's uh. And usually it's your number fifty out of forty eight, it's not your number two out of forty five hundred. So it's you did You've you've done really really well. You just to be totally honest with you, and you know you're going to listen to this episode and everything. Your fellow competitor today just really crushed. It just had a day. And that's how we are as actors. You have sometimes when you have a day, and you have sometimes when you just don't and you weren't. It wasn't that you were bad at all. She was phenomenal. That's just how it works sometimes. So it's just was it just was a day. And I'm I. I know I've said this to you a hundred times and I've meant it every time and I continue to mean it. You are going to get signed, you are, so you somebody, You're gonna sign up with an agency, and especially I would work a little bit on some of the voiceover stuff with with just acting, some of the vo acting stuff. Your ad read. You could start reading copy tomorrow. No, it's true, it's true. You you're first from your first read, it was you're you're you're killing it. So yeah, take take improv classes, take some acting classes. But my guess is you're going to be signed and doing auditions while you're taking those classes. So you've done so well, and it's been such an honor to get to know you. And someday I'm gonna be able to say I got a chance to meet her one time, and you're gonna you're gonna be accepting some of You're gonna be like and the day will friedle because you don't remember how to pronounce it. And that stupid show he did said no to me was the day that I went off and started my entire career. And I don't know where he is right now, but I think he sold me a hot pretzel on the street or something last night.
Speaker 11: No, it's Bill Waffle.
Speaker 1: There you go, perfect, perfect, No, you're really really keep going because you are. You're such a joy and you're great and you've I mean again, I cannot stress this enough. Number two out of forty five hundred people.
Speaker 11: That's insane.
Speaker 1: So it was so nice me to you. Congratulations, We're gonna be now once all the show is wrapped, we can now we weren't legally allowed to like tag all the contestants and put their last names out there and stuff. We're now gonna be able to do all that, so people are gonna know who you are. You're gonna be able to take all this stuff. You're gonna be able to make a reel, send it out. Agents are going to be listening to the stuff. I'm sure that you're going to be doing well. So congratulations on that. And uh yeah, I know we're going to be seeing you again.
Speaker 7: Thank you well, thank you Andre, and thank.
Speaker 8: You so so much, amazing, thank you so much, thank you.
Speaker 1: Bye, Hannah. All right, let's bring in Mia Hey, Mia Hi, how are you?
Speaker 9: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good? Thank you. So as you can tell, I mean, as you know, the competition has gotten ridiculously stiff. We are down to the finals. It has been just an incredible journey all the way through. And I hope you don't mind signing with an agent because you just won. You did, you just won. You are going to be cesd's newest client. Congratulations, relations.
Speaker 2: Had a great day.
Speaker 1: You you rushed it today.
Speaker 6: Today, you did you followed direction beautifully. Your instincts were on your was up and positive.
Speaker 2: You really just nailed it. You did. You're up against some fierce competition, yes, and you just did. You deserve the chance that you're about to get.
Speaker 7: I am so excited.
Speaker 9: You guys have no idea how much this means to me.
Speaker 13: The so much.
Speaker 5: Yes, meya, you're just wonderful.
Speaker 4: Obviously Hannah was is as well, but you're innate. Just positivity, joy is such a big deal, and you can back it up with killer skills.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So and then and then Will told me you're seven and a half years old or something like that.
Speaker 1: You know you're aren't you nineteen?
Speaker 4: I am, Oh my god, well god, well you know when I was your age. People don't know this, but my high school your book photo is a cave painting.
Speaker 7: It was a beautiful arpi.
Speaker 5: But no, you are just it makes certainly.
Speaker 4: I am so humbled to be part of this and to see the joy on your face.
Speaker 5: And then having been where you're.
Speaker 4: Going, you have so much to look forward to and you have signed so many people who are going to be so happy that you're doing what you're doing out You're a remarkable young woman.
Speaker 1: Also, for the record, we haven't you know, we said you're signing with an agent, which you are, but you're also winning one thousand dollars. You're being flown out to Los Angeles. You're having lunch with Christy and I. You're going to get a go meet some people over at Critical Role and get a training session from Mary McGlen or Sam Regal.
Speaker 9: You're going to get him the biggest D and D inert on the whole planet.
Speaker 11: You have no idea.
Speaker 1: So there were you. Did you hear about this contest through Critical Role? Yes, so there you go.
Speaker 9: My best friend is obsessed with them, and he's like, yeah, you have to do it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, okay, so there you go. Wow, well you or anything you'd like to say to me, I just.
Speaker 6: You know, the thing is that because you are so young, it's clearful. It's easy for us to say you have natural talent. You actually have nottal. You have not apparently had many years to study because so I encourage you to continue to pursue as far as you know.
Speaker 2: You've got the opportunity now.
Speaker 6: But and I said this oftentimes, which is any actor can benefit from a good class. Continue to take classes if you haven't started taking them, start taking classes. Good classes. There's people out there that want to rip off your take your money and rip you off. They're good, accredited people. But study and that's a great way to meet people and learn what's going on in town and finding out what the popular thing is that's happening then and what kind of voices people looking for. But I I think you are well on your way, and I know we're going to hear great things about you. Congratulations to you. Well done, you.
Speaker 1: Did, you did an amazing job. I've gotten to watch you the entire time. I am, however, gonna gonna tell you this, This is only an opportunity. You now have to take it and make whatever it is. You won a chance, that's all you won. But it's a great chance. But now you've got to take it. No one's gonna give it to you. You've got to go and you've got to make whatever you can out of it because it's a wonderful business. It's a ton of fun, and you gotta try to just get happier because it's.
Speaker 9: Just be happy, Oh Michael.
Speaker 1: So of course, Mio, we will be in touch and I'll get to see you and shake your hand in person and congratulating person in Los Angeles, Christy and I Christie so wishes she could be here. She's been texting all morning. Who won? Who won?
Speaker 2: Who won?
Speaker 5: Nice?
Speaker 1: So just congratulations. You are a future vo star. I'm telling you that. So you earned it. Congratulations, Congratulations, Thank.
Speaker 9: You so much for this opportunity.
Speaker 1: You're welcome, Mia, and somebody will be in touch. You absolutely earned it. Congratulations to the winner of the super awesome contest to become the next big voice actor, Mia from Florida. Wow, what a ride. Thank you, Mia, Thank you bye? Oh god, that was fun.
Speaker 4: You guys did a really remarkable thing.
Speaker 5: My friend, you really did.
Speaker 1: That was fun. That really was well. We certainly couldn't have done it without all the amazing guest judges we had. Ending with I mean, come on to legends royalty in Andre Romano and Rob Paulson, I mean, man, darling.
Speaker 5: Thank you well, thank you so much for including us.
Speaker 1: Thank you both so much, Andre Ramano, Rob Paulson, I love you guys so much. Thank you for joining us. We could not have had better people. Thank you to both of you, and we'll be talking to you soon. Bye, stay well, bye, now bye, Well everybody, that is it? What a show. We have gone from forty five hundred to Mia from Florida, and man, did she earn it today? What I could anyone else to say? You're going to be hearing her everywhere. What a phenomenal win she earned it. An incredible kudos to Hannah, such a worthy Number two easily could have been her day. It was just one of those days where Mia came in and was just a buzz sauce. She crushed it. So about we're gonna be hearing from Hannah as well. I think we all know that, and well, this is it, everybody. I mean, I think we wanted to end the show on a high note and it doesn't get much higher than that. So I think you've all probably I'll figure it out by now that we're not just ending the super awesome contest, but we're ending. I hear voices too. It's been an incredible run, and I know Christy wishes he was here as well, but we are all onto different stuff and we want to thank some people very quickly for helping us out. Of course with the contest, we want to thank CESD for signing our winner Mia. Man, are they getting somebody fantastic to add to their roster. We also want to thank everybody over there at Prime Video who has helped us out. Go watch season two of the Legend of Oxmocket. It's available for download now, and of course, as I always say, it's not just because I'm on it that it's awesome, but it helps. We also want to thank everybody over there at Critical Role, all of our friends at iHeart who just made this happen for us. You are incredible, our producer Lorraine, our engineer Brian, everybody who has helped to make this possible, because it took an army of people to really make this national contest huge. But as for I hear voices, I want to thank my fellow executive producer, Brendan Rooney, who is Christy Carlson Romano's husband. I want to thank my close friend Christy Carlson Romano. We started this journey together and I wish we could have ended it together, but it just didn't work out that way. She's so busy right now and she's so bummed. She's been texting me all morning who won, who won, who won? But we just want to thank everybody who stuck with us for all of these episodes. You are phenomenal, and we got to show you a little bit of what the world of voiceover is like. We couldn't have asked for better fans. You are incredible people and we just love you if we really do. I know that word gets thrown around around a lot, but we talked about it quite a bit about how just special you all are to us and how you've made this incredible. So I just want to thank everybody for joining us. Yeah, not gonna get too sentimental. It's been an incredible ride, and I love this business so much and I'd love to be able to share it with everybody. So thank you all, And for the last time, if you think you have what it takes to be one of us, step up and put your voices where your mouth is.
Speaker 7: Hey, there, I hear voices, listeners.
Speaker 10: This is Na the winner of the super Awesome contest to become the next big voice actor. I am so glad I found this podcast, and I'm glad you found it too well. Then, Christy, also known as Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable, interview the best known voices in Hollywood, from your favorite.
Speaker 9: Cartoon characters the video game voices.
Speaker 10: You never know who they'll talk to next. Make sure to follow, like, and download the I Hear Voices bycast on Iheartapple and anywhere you get your podcasts.
Speaker 9: And remember, if you think you had what it takes, put your voices where your mouth is.