Speaker 1: First Day to follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com. Connor is on the phone today for a first Day follow up and he's getting ghosted by a woman named Gso we're about to call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him a second date. But first we have to find out about the date. Connor, how long has it been since you talked to you.
Speaker 2: It's been a little over a week, and I've I've tried everything. I've tried, calling, texting, you know, the works.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, that's a frustrating feeling. Maybe she lost her phone.
Speaker 2: That would be a good, excellentation.
Speaker 4: Right, be hopeful. Why don't you tell us about your date?
Speaker 2: Okay? So we did something that's I don't know, I guess it's a little quirky. It was a scavenger hunt at the Art Museum downtown. And basically, you like download this app, right, and it gives you all these clues and like riddles to solve, and you basically like run around finding the stuff, like you know, the ugliest statue or the most romantic painting. And we were like when we started I was like, you know, do you ever watch like Amazing Race or any of those like reality shows, And she was like, yeah, let's yeah, I love those. I love that stuff. So I was like me too, Let's like pretend we're on one of those. So I don't know, there was like a lot of playful, banter conversation. Some of those conversations got like pretty deep, and we were like it felt very like easy and intimate because we were doing things like we were sharing our earbuds to listen to the audio tour and we were like, we kept making fun of how the like narrator sounded very dramatic, So I don't know, we were just having fun, you know, yeah.
Speaker 4: And it seemed like she was super into it too.
Speaker 2: Oh totally. It was easy we were. To me, it was like we were in our own bubble. Like even at one point, like we sat we were sitting and we found this like weird abstract sculpture that was on the like scavenger hunt, and we just sat there and before I knew it, I looked at my watch and forty minutes had passed. We had just been like talking and I don't know, like you know that kind of when something like that happens, it just feels like you clicked and it doesn't happen that much. So I really felt like we clicked.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, So why do you think you're getting ghosted?
Speaker 2: Well, that's it. I don't know, because I guess I've never had a date that I would actually describe as like fun. I feel like I meet a girl, I go out on like the obligatory coffee date. We have small talk, or there's like an awkward dinner where you're wondering, oh am I paying for this? Or we splitting it like it's just so awkward. And this was not any of that. It's kind of like we were I don't know, we were on like a little adventure, you know. Yeah. And I think the part that was like I'm not trying to sound corny or anything, but like the part that was mostly attractive is that I got to see her brain at work, you know, like how she saws stuff and like how she thinks and how she approaches the world. And I was just very very attracted by what I saw.
Speaker 3: Yeah you're into her, tell her into her?
Speaker 2: I am. It's weird, Like she even would She even made this super dry joke about modern art that like no one else would have caught and I to this like a week later. I'm thinking about it every single day, Like the joke like replays in my head, and I'm like, I don't know, it's just so smart. You know, you don't you don't run into someone who's like as attractive but also so interesting and so easy to have fun with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, are you smart too? Because I mean, if we're thinking about what could have gone wrong, I don't know if she's super intellectual and if you can't think of anything, like there weren't even any awkward moments.
Speaker 2: I didn't have any, and like I'd like to think that I'm pretty smart, which is why I'm always looking for intelligence is like a part of the package. So no, I mean, I don't think that would be it. I would be pretty surprised if she didn't find like, you know, she didn't feel like I was keeping up.
Speaker 4: Okay, well we'll see if we can figure out for reason.
Speaker 1: We'll play a song, come back, call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting you or if you lost her phone?
Speaker 4: Yea, and then I'm never get you a second date.
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks. I would appreciate that.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll play song come back and get your first date follow up next. Right in the middle of your first date follow up and if you're just joining us, Connor is on the phone, and Connor is getting ghosted by a woman named Giaso. We're about to call her and see if she'll tell us the reason she's ghosting him and maybe get him a second date. But first, Connor, why don't you break down your date again real quick with you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It was perfect, at least on my end, and I thought she had fun. We went to the Art Museum downtown. We like downloaded this app where you can go on a Stavenger hunt and solve riddles and like find different pieces of our and it was it was everything I looked for and to date, it was fun, it was easy to talk to her. We totally clicked, and Yeah, I just really feel like I got a glimpse into not only like not only her, but like how her brain works, which, like I said, sounds kind of corny. But I am really into this girl, So I'm really hoping that there's some I hope there's some fluke that I was shy. She's not like responding to me.
Speaker 4: Okay, are you ready for us to call her?
Speaker 2: As ready as I'll ever be?
Speaker 1: All right, here we go. Hello, Hi, mespeaks to you please? She Hey, Gia, how are you? This is the Jewbil Show. It's a radio show.
Speaker 4: Hi, Gia, I'm Nina. Hi, I'm Victoria and my name is Jewel. How are you Hi?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 6: Thanks?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Are you?
Speaker 4: Do you know the show like that?
Speaker 5: Well? Okay, I don't remember submitting to anything, but.
Speaker 1: Well I don't think you did, but we did get an email about you from somebody who listens to the show.
Speaker 4: That's why we're on the shoe.
Speaker 1: Oh cool, Okay, you're the most chill attitude. Now, well, we do a segment on the show that's called the first Date follow Up. That's where if you go out on a date with somebody and then you end up ghosting them, that person can have us call you to ask us why you're ghosting them?
Speaker 4: Who are you ghosting?
Speaker 5: So Connor?
Speaker 4: Yes, it is about Connor.
Speaker 1: He said that he really liked you, thought your day was great, and it's confused that it's been you know, over a week now and you haven't responded to him.
Speaker 4: Do you mind telling us why?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well, oh my goodness. The date was fun, like surprisingly fun. He's you know, clever and charming, but also he was just a.
Speaker 2: Lot was a lot.
Speaker 4: What does that mean?
Speaker 6: Well, you know, people can just like there's a line of like too much sometimes. At first we were clicking, and like I thought it was, you know, cute, how into the scavenger he wasn't, you know, I love like interactive things and games and everything. But he kept making like literally everything into a bit just the whole time, like narrating the date in a god the worst fake British accent I've ever heard. You know, it's cute the first time, but not like you know, an hour later, and then you know, trying to solve clues that like weren't even you know, part of the game, and you know, high fiving strangers like.
Speaker 5: Like not everyone listen to this dude, you know?
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean that's kind of a warm energy, you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean like like this old guy just kind of looked at him weird, which.
Speaker 5: Actually was pretty funny. But then he like he climbed up on a fountain to.
Speaker 6: Like look for another clue. I don't know, it set off his emotional arm.
Speaker 5: And this was the thing like a docent.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like he got into like an argument with him and like they were starting to like call security. He was arguing about whether this, like you know, I've seen it in different TV shows where it's like a banana or a fire extinguisher or something just like on the wall, whether that counts his art, you know, like having this debate about modern art. And it was just like I feel like those two tables just kind of like explain it the best. It's just like chaotic energy, and I was just like at first I was excited.
Speaker 5: But then by the end, I was just exhausted.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, that's why you goes to me because I was too fun.
Speaker 5: You guys, he was here, you didn't you didn't.
Speaker 2: Say anything at the time. I mean you were laughing and we were having a really good time. We're having fun.
Speaker 6: We were, But then I also laugh when I'm stressed, like I'm nervous, you know, like I'm not going to tell someone that I barely know like how to not act when they're having fun. And yeah, some of it was fun and funny, but then.
Speaker 5: I was just like by the end of it, I didn't feel safe leaving you unsupervised.
Speaker 2: In public.
Speaker 5: I feel like you should have had one of those badacs beliefs.
Speaker 2: Listen. Yeah, I wasn't trying to be extra. I just I really liked you. I was nervous, so I leaned into the jokes because it felt easier than like being awkward or quiet or like too serious.
Speaker 6: I get that. Tell Ever, it's like okay to be quiet for a little bit in a museum, you know, there wasn't any room for just like being and like stopping and observing. It was just like onto the next one to the next. It was like being stuck in an improv show.
Speaker 2: Well, look, I know I can be a lot, but but like A on that date, I swear I was not putting on a show. I was genuinely having one of the best dates I've ever had in my life. And I was just so surprised and it was so refreshing that you were so smart and funny, and you you made art to me feel like less pretentious. So I just didn't want it to end.
Speaker 4: JEA, he loves your brain.
Speaker 6: Okay, well that's really sweet. Actually, thank you.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, I'm not looking for you to change your vibe or anything like if you're Camra Mail. That's great, but I don't know Camma Mail and Espresso Espresso can work together, balance ourselves, each other out or whatever.
Speaker 4: Right, so you're Espresso.
Speaker 6: I mean I do like lavender more than camal, But what you want to be a lot?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly, See that can be a whole damn macchiato if you'll let me.
Speaker 1: What do you think you want to let him be a macchiato? Would you go on another date with con?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, let me think I appreciate that honesty. I do.
Speaker 6: I did have a good time, minus the part where I thought we were going to get a danced from the museum.
Speaker 5: Forever's coming up.
Speaker 2: I will climb on fountains. I will not climb on fountains, I swear I will. I will not get in fights at the dose and and there will be no fake accents.
Speaker 5: And I love it.
Speaker 6: Like my next date is maybe signing up for an improv show or something.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think you should give we should give it one more shot.
Speaker 4: Yeah you will, you will?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because even today.
Speaker 2: Maybe last Yay, all right, sweet, this is awesome. Oh yes, this is exactly how I hope this would go. This is great.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well I'll text you and we can go get those lattes and playing the next thing.
Speaker 2: Cool. Just let me know when and I won't be latte.
Speaker 4: What what does that mean?
Speaker 2: Like late? Like like latte late. I don't all right.
Speaker 5: Jubile's first date follow up