Speaker 1: Coach, the energy out there felt different. What changed for the team today?
Speaker 2: It was the new game day scratches from the California Lottery.
Speaker 3: Play is everything. Those games sent the team's energy through the roof.
Speaker 1: Are you saying it was the off field play that made the difference on the field.
Speaker 3: Hey, little play makes your day, and today it made the game. That's all for now, Coach, one more question.
Speaker 1: Play than New Los Angeles Chargers, San Francisco forty nine Ers and Los Angeles Rams Scratchers from the California Lottery. A little play can make your day. Peace made responsibly. Must be eighteen years or older to purchase, late or claim.
Speaker 4: This episode of Earn Your Leasure is brought to you by First Republic Bank. The world is changing and your needs are evolving. As your focus turns to what matters most to you and your community, First Republic remains committed to often personalized financial solutions that fit.
Speaker 3: Your daily needs.
Speaker 4: From day one, you'll be connected with a dedicated banker who will serve as your primary point of contact throughout your relationship with the bank. They'll be there to listen to you, understand your values, and meet you on your financial journey. Your banker can offer solutions that support your goals at any stage, from setting up a personal checking account to refinancing household debt to buying a first home.
Speaker 3: As your needs evolved.
Speaker 4: You can call or email your banker at any time for support you need because First Republic believes that what matters to you matters most. Learn more at first republic dot com. That's First Republic dot com member fd i C Equal Housing Lender.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we're about to get it down personal foremost, thank you, Thank you guys for your support, truly humbling something that we don't take for granted.
Speaker 3: Thanks for hanging out with us yesterday, today, tonight.
Speaker 2: At Glorious Day. So yeah, this is our very first live podcast. So to be able to do our first live podcast at counter the one or into the way on the floor, it is a tremendous accomplishment and it wouldn't be possible without the support of you guys. We have spent no money on advertisement to all of all of our growth has been organic, word.
Speaker 5: Of mouth, social media.
Speaker 2: It's just people telling a friend and tell a friend, So thank you.
Speaker 5: First and form of faith.
Speaker 6: Yeah, hey, everybody that is sitting in here is the reasonably, and a lot of y'all sat in the green.
Speaker 3: Room, which is really my dining room.
Speaker 7: I told I say.
Speaker 3: Yo, we're going for the dining room to the league. Bro.
Speaker 4: We really made into the league, which is crazy, man, because we ain't.
Speaker 3: Have to shoot a hoop otoh. If y'all was here early, I saw I.
Speaker 5: Made a few, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: So first we want to acknowledge a few people, but we have to acknowledge the most important person we have.
Speaker 5: But all through respect, listen to the podcast.
Speaker 2: You know we always quote Jay all the time, so we have to open this up with a Jay quote. The most important person all through respect, I got Sharani.
Speaker 3: Where is he here? Son? Do you have any Sharani.
Speaker 5: From cognized nations?
Speaker 3: Real folks, live nations. Shout out, Yeah, we appreciation for sure, for sure, Yeah, definitely. If you get a chance, make sure y'all check out Capital Eventsive Group at Capital Events Group on Instagram. They are major players as well, so shout out to them, man for shure up.
Speaker 2: So next, we have to acknowledge our e Yo alumni in the building. So we call our previous guests alumni because you know, we have the e Yo University. So it's a whole one song vibe.
Speaker 3: That we're going with.
Speaker 5: So MG, the mortgage guys, what up?
Speaker 3: Manny? For sure? For sure? We started with that, but we could have started with our first alumni this business. What's up? What's up? For sure?
Speaker 8: For sure?
Speaker 2: My god, I asked Cash Funny the legend, Derek Falcon, let.
Speaker 3: Me go through on Az my sister. My sister's here the suit of the doctor. But Linca here playing what up? What up? That's gos what up?
Speaker 2: The King of wholesaleing himself, Max Maxwell, your legend?
Speaker 7: Hey, and then boom boom boom right and right in front of us is being the purpose of going your Auditorney what?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: I also at my acknowledge Andrey Hatchet, I think he's his well e y l University. That's how luka he kicked it off.
Speaker 5: And if he kicked it up, he was the first professor that we have.
Speaker 3: For the YO University Christ class plus, so thank you. We appreciate you. Bro.
Speaker 5: With nobody else that I left out right, don't finish all right? All right?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 2: So yeah, so we're gonna get it going. We're gonna have three So how we when we decided to do this. We had a couple of different ideas, but we like, you know what.
Speaker 5: We might as well.
Speaker 2: Everybody here obviously is a loyal support of the podcast, so I'm assuming that everybody here has listened to fully every episode or at the very least most episodes, so everybody kind of has like a favorite episode or somebody that they really like. And you know, so we said, Okay, since we're gonna be in DC and a lot of our alumni coming through, why don't we instead of bringing somebody new that we haven't had on right for the first time, because we haven't repeated yes yet for the first time, I don't we have a reunion in a sense and bring some some of the previous alumni on to speak. So we have three alumni for you guys, and we're gonna have a conversation with them, and then we're gonna open up the question and answers for a couple of minutes and then yeah, we're gonna do it like that.
Speaker 3: We're gonna rock out.
Speaker 7: We're gonna talk about this duy l effect. It started out as a thing and now it's turned into a full bowl campaign.
Speaker 3: Man shout out to everybody, It's Kenned Ken.
Speaker 5: Where you at?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 3: What's Kenned from? Ken? What up? So Ken? Actually that's my man from Detroit hit us. He was like, Yo, y'all need a name for the people who low supporters. And he was like, y'all got one for y'all, So shout out to Ken. The earners came from Ken. Whatever one man can and that man appreciate each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So, but out without further ado, we're gonna bring our first guest up, Ashcash Ash Cash, if you haven't listen to his episode episode selling Shiit a smid This this service. One of Ashcash is ill man because we at a lot of guests come on ey L and they provide a lot of information, but we always say it's not just about perceiving the information, it's about actually actually using the information. So when Ash came on, he he talked about a couple of different topics, but when he spoke about books, he talked about how to self publish a book. He gave the whole entire blueprint and it was so crazy because Yeah, me and Troy had a meeting afterwards and we started writing our book literally like off of everything he said like we listened to fifteen minutes of what he said and like kept rewinding it, like Okay, we gotta do this, ok pause it, hold on, we gotta do that. And like literally we took everything he told us and that's what we're currently doing right now.
Speaker 5: So Ashcash is dope.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: If you haven't heard his story, he was the youngest CEO for a credit union.
Speaker 5: In the United States of America, right when you were thirty one years old.
Speaker 3: We gotta tell hm where he from? The first bro hall them.
Speaker 9: That's why I had maybe I'm from from Hall of n y C St. Nicholas Project exactly.
Speaker 3: Just so you know, I'm clear.
Speaker 9: I'm not from Posimity, New Jersey. I don't know about no disrespect, but I'm from a hall of up from a hunting nine Street home on the Ustlers to be clear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know I gave I gave him, I gave him my Michael. He doesn't need to need a micro That's a fact. That's really a fact that I was.
Speaker 7: That's that's the fact that we had. When we finished recording, I was like, Yo, how do we turn down?
Speaker 3: Because we was still edit. I'm like the boys and dads and the actually heard of us Ben absolutely because it's no mike check.
Speaker 2: It's crazy because a lot of times people come on and they talk low, so we always have to do sound checks and it's like, you know, you can you raise your voice a little higher. So when he came on, we did the sound check and he he plew the speakers out because boy of love this, and it was it was like, d You're like, you're the first guests were like you might just have to talk them in this a little bit after my parents was like.
Speaker 3: Yo, who was that up? How about all the way about it? Good guy? Good guy?
Speaker 7: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So he was the youngest credit ceo credit Union Queens bridged projects right in the country and he did that and when he worked on the inside of the bank, he was telling us it was really dope. And it's like he got to see firsthand a lot of stuff that we speak about. Most people, especially in our community, they're never going to be preppy to see unfortunately, but being a CEO of a of a financial institution.
Speaker 3: He got to see like how wealthy people work, and like.
Speaker 2: When you go to conferences and stuff like that, work with your colleagues and you so like they have teams of people at thanks and so many different stuff that it kind of opened your eyes and you realize that in order to really really do a certain is you really had to educate people. So he became an entrepreneur. He's wrote like like eleven.
Speaker 3: Books, eleven books, but eight with my name on it, like Ghostrike to Cray.
Speaker 9: I got eight eight books in total. Four of them have been bestsellers. I sell. I sell a lot of books I make as an independent, uh you know, self published author.
Speaker 3: I make at least four figures of.
Speaker 9: Month books.
Speaker 3: That Hustle Nomois was the last one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Hustleonamous was the last one, you know, you know, Resting Peas Nissy also got my Nancy Blue on today.
Speaker 9: And Hustle Onami is actually a book that I did for free. So like if you go to Hustle nomics dot com you got actually just downld no.
Speaker 3: Reason I shouldn't have it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I wanted to talk about because were gonna talk about some mindset stuff, yes, but first I wanted to talk about the book industry because I don't fully think that people value information enough, and especially when it comes to the books, right, because it's like a lot of times it's so cheap, Like fifteen dollars can change your life, right, right if you think about it, like you can fully educate you. So yeah, I really want you to talk about the power of being an author and the freedom of the freedom that you like, the freedom that.
Speaker 5: It gives you to give you a message out to the world.
Speaker 9: Now for sure, I think what people don't realize is that even if you have a million dollars worth of information, if you charge a million dollars, you're gonna miss the people that actually need the information, right. And so what the book does for me and for everybody else, it's a low entry point to show people all of your knowledge, right, and it's.
Speaker 3: Something to build your legacy.
Speaker 9: Like a lot of times we talk about wealth, we talk about our legacy as it being how much money you have what you're passing down. But your knowledge is wealth in itself, right, And so I think a book is something that's going to live forever. Like I said this on my Instagram the other day, I read Think and Grow Rich every single year. Every year I read that book every year. You know, Napoleon Hill has been dead for.
Speaker 3: God knows how long.
Speaker 9: The book came out in the late twenties, thirties, nineteen twenties, nineteen thirties, and I still read it. It's still aftable, and so it's you know, books are one of those things that can.
Speaker 3: Make your message go viral. It can make your message, you know, spread wide.
Speaker 9: Like I mean, people who read my book don't even know it's me, right, because at the end of the day, if you if you have knowledge and you package it in a way that people need, people will find that information.
Speaker 3: But what it does is it opens up their mind. And the book is just the industry rate.
Speaker 9: Now, once you have the book, if you connect with the person, you're gonna want to hire them to speak, You're gonna want to hire them to consult, You're gonna want.
Speaker 3: To hire them to do whatever they do.
Speaker 9: And so for me, I think everybody, if you're an entrepreneur, if you whatever, if you got breathing your body.
Speaker 3: You should be writing a book because people need to know your story. You didn't go through your story just to hold onto that story.
Speaker 8: You have that knowledge and you don't got to be famous either, Like it's not about fame. And that's a lot of times, like I speak to people, they're like yoah, I can't wait or I'm gonna wait until I get to XYZ level to write my book. Non, like you got knowledge today that.
Speaker 9: You that people actually benefit from that you need to give that back, Like you you went through your adversity.
Speaker 3: Because you needed to help somebody, right, Like you need to be that credible message.
Speaker 9: That like the reason why if I even put the smike down nobody the reason why I start off my story.
Speaker 3: Every day that I am from Harlem and.
Speaker 9: I am from Saint Nigga's projects because there are a million I've never so dope, there's a million people out there with my similar story who only see entertainers, who only see rappers, who only see certain you know, different types of people and believe that's the only route to be successful.
Speaker 3: I was a VP at the largest financial institution in.
Speaker 9: The world at twenty four years old. They told me I was gonna be dead by twenty five. They said I'll be dinner in jail by twenty five. But instead I was a VP at one of the largest financial.
Speaker 3: Institutions in the world, and people need to hear that.
Speaker 9: And so my story, can't you know, like like like similar to why I felt obligated to write Hustle knowledge, right, because everybody's gonna remember Nipsey Hustle for his music if what he's done, But he's done way more than that, and his legacy on business, on ownership, on how to actually like when he talks about an ecosystem and you need an ecosystem, like how you build products around what you're doing, Like people need to unders what is an ecosystem?
Speaker 3: Need to understand that. And his legacy can't dive with him and how do you get that that message out to the masses.
Speaker 7: Right about there you have people question whether he's a legends everybody. They're always thinking about the music, right, and his impact is way.
Speaker 3: Bigger than the music. One of the things you talked about when you were making it. But is the process? A lot of times when I talk to people a lot and they're like, yo, I don't have time, I don't have time. But I'm like, do you have a phone?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 7: And the process is really quick man, because like all you're doing is besting records, say those people using their phone anyway, what you're stuck in drafting if you at your desk, you're putting chapters.
Speaker 3: Out there every single day. Every conversation is a chapter.
Speaker 9: Nah, and it's crazy, right, So I think the biggest thing is, well, people need to realize is that your book could be written in a month like I putting out I'm putting.
Speaker 3: Out books top you.
Speaker 9: Know, you know, top to bottom in two months or less, and their quality right, so they're.
Speaker 3: Not BS books. But what you gotta realize I did this.
Speaker 9: Yesterday at a workshop, right, I asked somebody to tell me about their business, or take a pen and write about their business in sixty seconds.
Speaker 3: Could not do it. Right, Then I said, yo, tell me about your business. They get it in thirteen seconds. So think about that. You write, you write down. You cannot write because.
Speaker 9: From your head to your body, to your fingers and all that, it's like you're gonna miss some of the thoughts.
Speaker 3: But as you're talking, the thoughts go fluidly from the brain to the mouth and out.
Speaker 9: And so that's not saying do not write a book, dictate it. I dictate the whole book. I won't so, so so it starts with the.
Speaker 3: Outline, or that's the most important. You can't just start the talk.
Speaker 9: What you need to do is whatever story you have, start with the end in mind, say, what is it that I want people to know about about this information.
Speaker 3: Or this topic that I'm doing, And now this is the end. I'm gonna start with the end in mind. I'm gonna go, I'm gonna work back backwards, right.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna take every you know, each different subject, a topic, I'm gonna outline it, outline and outline it, take some bullet points around it.
Speaker 3: And then literally, once you.
Speaker 9: Have to outline, pretend like you tapping the conversation and you're talking to somebody and you're telling them about that that information, and as you do that, like literally ten hours of like talking is a whole book. Right, The hardest part of writing a book is done in ten hours. Now, you go to Fiverr, you go to upwork, you go to whoever you find.
Speaker 3: Somebody not yet let's leak that out. They come me and check that. But you go to you go to one of these services and you have them transcribing for you. And then the rest of history.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it actually that's what really encouraged us to write because like me personally.
Speaker 3: I always like to rank.
Speaker 2: Yet but I'm not writing one hundred pages, all right, three paragraphs, But if I could talk. It's like a podcast is like half a book, just let us talking. So that's that's really dope. And the one thing I like about books also people don't realize it like a business Robert cows House. Right, So if if everybody knows about Rich Dad, Poor Dad, that book. I read that book when I was like eighteen seventeen years old. He's eaten off of that book still twenty five years later.
Speaker 5: It's like new versions. He goes on tour the Rich Dad for kids of this year, right, you know, saying it's like rich Dad in China.
Speaker 9: Like it's like so many.
Speaker 2: Different coursions, like you're learning to talk about like having a system to duplicate yourself.
Speaker 3: He literally did one thing and it's gonna eat off of.
Speaker 5: That for one hundred years.
Speaker 3: Yo, big facts.
Speaker 9: Right. So I wrote mind Right, Money Right, ten loos of Financial Freedom in December fifth, two thousand and.
Speaker 3: Doins I make money to this day ten years later. That's my first book. Ten years later, I still make money. Go for that book.
Speaker 9: Because what happens is is if you've never heard of ashcash before, you're gonna do your googles. You're gonna be like who is this guy that's always yelling?
Speaker 3: And then you're gonna look, right, and so you're gonna you're gonna look and what's probably gonna pop up versus mind right? Money right. You're not gonna get the date that it came out. You're gonna read what it's about, and you're gonna be like, oh, let me check this out. First.
Speaker 9: You're gonna check it out, and then I'm gonna get a check cut man, right, and so and so.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm a big believer.
Speaker 9: And honestly, that's that's been my biggest thing around books, is that I'm a big believer in mailbox money right. I don't believe And we talked about mindset, right, I don't believe.
Speaker 3: That, especially us as a people, that we understand the money game. The money game is not to work hard for money. It's not the money game.
Speaker 9: The money game is money needs to work hard for you, So change your relationship with money. If you're like me who did not come from money, then yes, you're gonna have to grind. You're gonna have to grind to make the money. Right, But once you make the money, don't make the don't allow that money to buy you the things money should not buy you things money should buy you income producing assets. Those income producing assets is what should be buying you to things, right. And so I think that's what you know, what books do for me? Right, Because when when I was at a point where I was always working hard for money, I had to I had to hustle, career, hustling, like you know, I got a great resume.
Speaker 3: Let me see who can painting six figures?
Speaker 9: Let me do you?
Speaker 3: Now, I'm trying to say, but but but now I don't have time freedom.
Speaker 9: And so now I say, you know what, I'm gonna use this money, and I'm about real estate, but I'm gonna buy I'm gonna buy a multi.
Speaker 3: Family house and I'm gonna rank that out. And then the money that I make for that is passing. So now I got a little bit of freedom.
Speaker 9: So now when I needed a job to family six figures to match my lifestyle, now because I got rental income, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't need six figures no more. I'm not I'm not fully financially agree, but I mean I could take fifty thousand, all right.
Speaker 9: Let me let me get this little job to take fifty thousand and forty thousand with less responsibility. So now I can focus on on my grind, and so now I write books, and so eight books later, I brought a middle figure up.
Speaker 3: Because I need your job.
Speaker 8: Between between my my what I'm getting in rental income and my book income.
Speaker 3: Everything I do, I choose, I don't. I don't work with no one that I don't like. You got your most doutle askt right most of my time. So I do not work for nobody I don't like. Like.
Speaker 9: I get a lot of great opportunities, right, I don't care if it's on the serpents, if it feels like it looked like it could help me. If I don't like you, if your vibe is all, I'm good. But because I got you know, financial freedom and town freedom, I can make that decision. And from a mindset perspective, you actually get to the bad caster when you do that, right, Because when you feel good about what you're doing and you're not you not doing it for money, You're doing.
Speaker 3: It because you love it. You're not in yo yo yo, you know mass like that. It's Sunday baby, yea lease fertin be about to have.
Speaker 5: I told you.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, about I told you man, Yeah, well you know what.
Speaker 5: I love what he said because it's so true too.
Speaker 2: It's like when you when you're under pressure, you always make bad decisions. You can't fully think straight right and press in life, But financial pressure it's the same. Like when you it feels different when you have money coming in and you don't have to do something, it feels different, like you feel better as a person. It's like when you can say no, because most of the times you can't say no absolutely financially. It's like and now at that point you're more of a slave.
Speaker 3: You're not.
Speaker 2: You don't really have the freedom to say I want to do this, this doesn't align with my brand, And like, I.
Speaker 5: Like what you said too. Is that a lot of times it's not just about being an entrepreneur quitting your job, right. We talked about it on the podcast as well.
Speaker 2: It's like, look, you know, you build the pyramid, won't breaking the time, so you don't necessarily.
Speaker 5: Have to just jump out the porch right away.
Speaker 2: You can keep your job, but work your side hustle sure by one home, by two homes, and then before you know it, now you have one thousand, two thousand and three thousand and four thousand a month coming in. Now, it's like you're in a better position, right. A lot of times people feel like it's about home runs right now, and you know what.
Speaker 3: It is though, too.
Speaker 9: And I'm glad you said that, because I feel like social media especially has made like entrepreneurship sex and people don't even.
Speaker 3: Understand what it takes.
Speaker 9: Like I'm literally, even to this day average three to four hours to sleep though, right, And so entrepreneurship is not sexy. And so when you even if you go from a psychological perspective, you know, you know Mascow's higargy of needs. If you have to worry about the basic necessities, the mind space that you have to actually even be an entrepreneur, you know, in a full capacity.
Speaker 3: Is not even there. And so you have to make sure you take care that basic need first.
Speaker 9: So now if you're not worried about money, now you can actually really really focus on your creativity on deals that make sense, on business fools that make sense as an entrepreneur.
Speaker 3: And so stop looking at.
Speaker 9: Social media and seeing these people who you may look like they're doing well or whatever the case may be. Like I remember watching something where some dude who had two million followers was like, YO had two million follows and I was growth, right.
Speaker 8: And so stop stop equating fame and what you know about somebody with money, Like I know literally I know multi millionaires who have one follower.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: Saying, so it has nothing to do with with your follow account. It has everything to do with what makes sense for your particular situation. I don't watch anybody's stories.
Speaker 3: I don't look at all right, this is this person's story.
Speaker 9: And maybe if I did it that way, I do what feels good to me, was true to me, and so I follow my path.
Speaker 3: I say, all right, this is my voice, this is my path.
Speaker 9: This is where I'm going, This makes sense to me financially, or this doesn't make sense to me financially. So I think anybody out there who is thinking about that entrepreneurial journey, don't necessarily, you know, quit your job, especially if you quitting your job.
Speaker 3: And don't want your numbers too right.
Speaker 9: And I think that's another thing, is that like how much money is it gonna take.
Speaker 3: For you to live?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 3: How much money do you need? A monk? Like you need to know all those numbers, and.
Speaker 9: So if it does not make sense from a part, right, men live women line numbers don't right, and so if it doesn't make sense financially, then and you don't have a plan, they.
Speaker 3: Don't do it. That's one of the things, right. I've asked that to people. It's like, Yo, how much is going of course you to have your freedom? Right? Trapper said that to us, Right, So I just started asking people that they couldn't answer me. They're like, get back to me next week. I'm like, next week, how much counts you get your freedom? Can't answer.
Speaker 7: They haven't got to police because they're so busy doing this.
Speaker 3: And that's true. I'm a living testament to it. Right. Working in one environment right in the inner city schools in New York City was like, I don't think I could have done a podcast.
Speaker 7: Right because I was busy dealing with being a psychologists, a school counselor, all from.
Speaker 3: Being a physics user. Right.
Speaker 7: As soon as I left that environment, I saw the creativity in myself, like.
Speaker 3: I'm living testament to it.
Speaker 7: And I was like, yo, I could be creative to think this, this, this, and now I can create multiple streams because my mom's free exactly.
Speaker 5: And also you said, I like when you said the.
Speaker 2: Podcast like one famous creating another stream for you because.
Speaker 3: The books, the books give you field.
Speaker 5: The ability, right, and the visibility. Now you get booked for.
Speaker 9: Speaking against absolutely how much booking Welcome to the warty. He was like, yeah, so my my right.
Speaker 3: So with big conferences I get ten thousand dollars for half an hour though, right, So y'all gonna stay for half.
Speaker 9: An hour and I get ten bigs from books though, And that's what I'm trying to say, right, Like, like, nobody's gonna give me ten thousand dollars if they never heard of me before them, right, nobody's gonna be so so so it's so the people who cut the ten thousand dollars checks, you know what they're gonna do. They're gonna do that Google's they're gonna google, and they're gonna they're gonna google your name.
Speaker 3: If you google ass exances, that's my real name.
Speaker 9: If you google ass cash, you see, And so you're like, oh, right, this dude is worth ten thousand dollars and and and truth be told, twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: At numbers going up. Right, he's a place, you know, what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Like yeah, yeah, so you after when you're speaking, Yeah, I know you've got the table out, So.
Speaker 3: Sell the books to yo. So I did.
Speaker 9: I did one of my biggest events UH this year was at UH in Atlanta, UH with TDJS with Doctor can Roll Black Enterprise. Fifteen hundred people you know what I mean, like killed it right, Yo. It is the first time ever I sold out books.
Speaker 3: And I was so upset that I didn't bring enough books because normally I'm like, all right, in the in the you know, in a thousand dollars, they.
Speaker 9: You know what I'm saying, Like like in the in the in the in the one thousand speaking engagement, the three thousand speaking engagement, I mightself five to ten books. I'm like, I'm not carrying all these books at two hundred books and sold them out and I was like, yo, right, the dude who had five hundred books sold them out. So and that's the other thing, right, is that from a stage, respective the bigger the stage to.
Speaker 3: Eat, y'all.
Speaker 9: I promise you, the higher you get, the easier the money comes.
Speaker 3: I promised you.
Speaker 9: Right, And so people who paid one thousand dollars to come into a to a workshop. Is not gonna sneeze that, you know, buy a ten dollar book. They're gonna they're gonna buy actually, gonna buy three.
Speaker 3: And that's how I sold out. Actually they were looking at the book. They're like, oh my cousin, oh my nephew.
Speaker 9: Up, and they'll buy three at a time. Right, you know what I'm saying, Great Christmas and so and so you know, like.
Speaker 10: Like and that.
Speaker 9: The other thing about mindset, I want us everybody to start just thinking at a higher level, right, because a lot of times because what you see, like you might be looking straight and because of what you see, that's only your possibility, right, And so you're like, yo, this.
Speaker 3: Is no, this is it. I'm working on this.
Speaker 9: And you are in the how business, right, but how is none of your business?
Speaker 3: Right, You're into what business?
Speaker 9: You need to tell the universe, God or loved food or whatever you believe it, tell them what you want. But then the how is none of your business.
Speaker 3: And that's what happened with me. Like at one two point, I was like, yo, you like I actually jumped from five grand and tan grand.
Speaker 9: I was like, yo, I'm gonna go from five grand, I'm gonna double my feet right, like, how I'm gonna do that? But then when I got rid of that, I was just like, nah, I started now put a real together.
Speaker 3: I started look at.
Speaker 9: I saw hyping myself up. I started looking at all the times I was on television all the time I did this. I'm like, yo, bro, you you're pretty dope man. You probably you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Everything. I'm like, hey, hold on, I need that. Gran'm gonna need that.
Speaker 9: And so I said, no, you know what, I'm not gonna worry about the hell. I'm gonna just say, Yo, this is what I want. I'm gonna put it out there and I'm gonna do the work though, right, So it's not just like, oh, i'm a wish, I want ten grand and that's it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna put it out there, but I'm also gonna do the work to make sure that the people who could give me ten grand for speeches can see that my visibility is up there. And when I did that, the ten grand was back there, and so I'm looking up here.
Speaker 3: Like yo, we're a ten grand at but it's right there, and it's actually right behind me. So if I they just did about place, I have seen it, you know.
Speaker 8: So that's the thing I think that for us, we got to understand true from a mindset perspective, like get out of.
Speaker 3: The how business? How is none of your business? Put the vision out there right understand. So even from a budget and perspective, when I tell people to budget, you should have two budgets.
Speaker 9: You should have a budget of what your life is right now, but you should also have.
Speaker 3: A budget on how you want your life to be right So I know, I know both of us.
Speaker 9: I know how much money I need every moment to manage my finances.
Speaker 3: But I also you know what I'm saying, I.
Speaker 8: Want the GT contentent to too, that's all the listen, I want the GT Continental and I'm not I'm not shy about that, like no, but I know I want the g And if you don't know the GC Continental, good google google it, right, But I want the GT too, And so I know what it's going to cost so to get to get to that desired outcome. And so every month I'm looking at both, I'm saying, all right, how much am I cool?
Speaker 3: But what's this number?
Speaker 9: Because I don't want to I don't want to only focus on this.
Speaker 3: I want to focus on that. So I think that and and I'm not focused on how But now I'm pushing myself because because human.
Speaker 9: Nature is actually only gonna do what you're focusing on. So if you're only focusing on what you currently have, then you're probably gonna stay in that space.
Speaker 3: But if you start to expand your mind and say, yo, you know what, I.
Speaker 9: Need twenty grand a month, I need thirty grand a month or whatever the number is, and you're focusing on that, you're.
Speaker 3: Gonna easily hit whatever that lower number is. But the goal is the higher number so you can live your best life that you might even fall in between. Why you work with you now?
Speaker 5: Everything you said just re resonated with me. Me here, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: We had that conversation yesterday and I was telling them were telling each other, and I was telling him, like, yo, this is the amount of money I need every moment because it's like, I have a son. I got mentioned he's in private school, moving forward, We got this that, and it's like a future goal. It's like a future goal. But we literally had that conversation. It was like, that's what I need, way more what I actually need to live right now. Right, But I'm not planning for right now. I'm planning for like what I need.
Speaker 7: You always say that, right, playing for the future, because you're gonna be a lot younger than young And the.
Speaker 5: Thing, the thing is that also I.
Speaker 3: See what you're doing out here.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you said that too, because it's like you said, mindset. Absolutely, mindset is extremely important. And the thing with the early Legions, every single week we give like real life tips from professionals, sometimes just me and Troy on like actionable items, not just motivation, like actuable items. But you can have all that information in the world if your mind isn't prepared for it, You're right, it's not gonna meaning you know, I know millionaires right now who aren't happy, who who actually struggle worse than people who have less money.
Speaker 3: It's a mindset.
Speaker 9: So if you got a terrible mindset at fifty thousand dollars, you're not I promise you you're not gonna make a million dollars and be happy all of a sudden, Like happiness comes before the money. Like you have to be content to who you are because in fact, money just amplifies who you are. That's all it is, right, and so if you broke, if you have a broke mindset at thirty thousand dollars and you now make a million dollars, you're gonna.
Speaker 3: Have a broke mindset there.
Speaker 9: And I know I'm telling you like to this day, Like I got people that I could call right now who make millions of dollars who live who are slaves.
Speaker 3: To that money, their slaves to their lifestyle, their slaves to their job, their slaves to their their business. That wasn't me.
Speaker 9: So I was a multi millionaire before you before Chase LeWitt. Shit, you know what I'm saying, Before, before it change? Do it before then logan and be like see it right you? And that's the thing you have to become that before you don't trying to say that just don't matter that the BEG account don't match it right there. So if it doesn't matter it that don't mean you not that you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So if you're a multi millionaire, you're a multi millionaire.
Speaker 7: That's it.
Speaker 3: Period. Your money does not make you a multi millionaire. It's your mindset.
Speaker 9: Because I promise you, right you take somebody who's broke, meaning they have a broke mindset and you give them money, they will lose that money.
Speaker 3: I promise you they'll lose that hurt them, They can hurt them. Right.
Speaker 9: You take somebody who has a who has a who has a multi million on a mindset, and you take all their money away, I promise you they'll be a millionaire again, because it's mindset. And so stop thinking that.
Speaker 3: Money's gonna change it. You gotta change your mindset first and foremost.
Speaker 9: If you change your mindset, I promise you, everything comes after that because with.
Speaker 3: The mindset, it means sure you're vibrating on that level.
Speaker 9: And so if you're vibrating on a millionaire level, then millions have to catch up with you.
Speaker 3: Carrier, if you if you're, if you're if you're.
Speaker 9: Vibrating on a ten thousand dollars level, it's.
Speaker 3: Always gonna match up with you.
Speaker 9: And so if you get a million, then things are gonna pop up. People are gonna come out of nowhere, Your your kid's gonna get sick, all the stuff that happens that now you're losing money, and then you're back to the ten thousand because that's where your mindset is.
Speaker 11: That I like that.
Speaker 3: Then you said the money has to catch up to. Absolutely, that's the time.
Speaker 5: That's the fact.
Speaker 3: That's a fact. Money can hurt you. Oh, absolutely, sit on the top all the time.
Speaker 5: All right, question and answers.
Speaker 3: We want to open it up for question and the answers. Yeah, man, that's the tooides a lot podcast. So we got you more walking around with the mic. Oh that's that's just projective.
Speaker 9: Yeah, got real quick. What apple you need to at all?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 9: So as a question, the question is what app? What I was am I using a dictat the book? I actually don't use apps. And the reason why I don't use ass like, so I use my iPhone and there's a sure mic s h u r E called the m D eighty eight and then go right, yeah, go right to your to your phone and so our voice recorded and.
Speaker 3: Then I send it to transcribe. So there are apps out there. So you got dragons.
Speaker 9: Speech and all that stuff that actually transcribes it for you, so as you talk to transcribes it.
Speaker 3: The problem is that a lot of I'll.
Speaker 9: Be we all we all fail here, A lot of it is made for the European dialect. You know what I'm saying, I say that word what I'm saying so and so and so and so I might I might say something and dragon dictators like, no, that's not what I'm meant.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. And so I don't want to have to go through.
Speaker 9: And you know, and I to transcribe that and so and so because of that, and you know, I got a heavy New York access and so I dictated, and then I sent that file and let a human being, you know what.
Speaker 3: I mean trans work? Are you working for that? Are you not? But no, no, yo, say less? No say less like I just looked at it.
Speaker 12: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I looked at him and my head no good like I'm is it a because yo, you gotta no strategy. Baby, he as got for a reason. He's not just gonna ask that. I heard you say hurt you say less? And he got the New York pat on.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: I did yo, I did like head nods. He said, are you working for an altum? I was like and then and then and then I was quiet because I didn't.
Speaker 9: Want to know heat.
Speaker 3: I don't want you to do. Next question please was next question?
Speaker 9: Flee real quick? We always go too like.
Speaker 3: I'm moving on.
Speaker 13: I know when when we transcribed, like we actually just had an episode, like a podcast episode, you would be surprised how many pages come out from just thirty minutes talk. And we transcribed an episode, what was it like fourteen pages and it was broken down.
Speaker 3: I was abbreviated, abbreviated too. It could have been probably like thirty pages for an hour. You know what I'm saying. And like you, dude, four of those you ready? You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 9: You're ready?
Speaker 3: A book?
Speaker 5: Next question?
Speaker 3: Please question? Please? What? Okay? All right? So is it we gave you? Okay?
Speaker 14: So my question is I know you mentioned everyone should write a book, and I know that you have courses, you have speaking engagements, so you do a lot, right, So the challenge that I run into how and I want to know how you deal with it? What do you decipher between speaking about at your workshops, giving in your courses versus writing in your book?
Speaker 7: How?
Speaker 5: Like, how do you decipher what you put with?
Speaker 3: Yeah? All right, so so so so so.
Speaker 9: Number one, I live in a an abundant world, and so I believe that and is better than war, and so and so and so I don't choose what I got twenty books in me, I don't eight, I got twenty. It's just a matter of priority. What what am I, what am I working on now, and what am I going to put out first? So I think that, uh, if you know, as a speaker, as a business person, is whatever is gonna drive.
Speaker 3: Your current business is what you should write about.
Speaker 9: Now, That's what I say, right, And so if you know, if you're focusing on, you know, tax strategies for the wealth to become wealthy, then that should be the book. Because why because now you're gonna teach people about tax strategies to be wealthy, and they're gonna read that book and they're gonna learn something from it, and they may want to hire you for your services. Number one. Number two, people who need speakers to talk about tax strategies are wealthy will now read your book or see you have.
Speaker 3: A book about it and hire you for speaking engagements. Right, And so that's the beginning of it.
Speaker 9: But at some point, if if your if your life pivots or your business pivots or something pivots, you write another book right about tax strategies for you know, for single moms. You know what I'm saying, And so and so you know, I say and is better than or and I And honestly, the reason why I'm able to make at least six figures up six figures I'm talking into into uh fruition, but at least four figures up on.
Speaker 3: From the books is because I was able to I have this book idea.
Speaker 9: All I'm gonna do my right money right to Timo was a financial freedom.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 9: People asking about credit up here?
Speaker 3: What the fight will twuss? That's a repaying your credit. Oh, I'm a spiritual god all.
Speaker 9: Right, mind right, life right, you know, manifesting your dream through the Lords of the Universe.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 9: Jay Z talked about four forty four, all right, the wake up all finto lessons four forty four.
Speaker 3: Oh you know what I'm saying. So so like every time I'm inspired, I just go with that.
Speaker 9: And so I think that you start with where you are right now, and then when it pivots, pivot with it. The other thing I would say, too, is that when I speak, I'm not I'm not. I don't care about product pushing in my in my speeches because people will connect with me your period, right, and so there's there's probably gonna be people here who connect with me like, yoh, you know what, I like this dude.
Speaker 3: There's people gonna be like, nah, I don't like this dude, Hey out too much whatever?
Speaker 9: Right, But at the end of the day, at the end of the day, the people who are like, Yo, you know what, I rock with this dude.
Speaker 3: Let me go see what he's about. I promise you, they're gonna buy your stuff. I promise you.
Speaker 9: They're gonna they're gonna look at the catalog to what you got and they're gonna buy.
Speaker 3: What fits with them. And then they're gonna hit you in the d M and be like, yo, ask I got this book? What you think? Got your read? Next?
Speaker 9: It happens to me all the time. I get dms all the time, like Joe. I Just like Joe I was it was on my credit pair journey.
Speaker 3: I just word what the fight? What you think is the next book? Got you read?
Speaker 9: And I got a variety for so I'm like, Yo, where you where you happened? You're trying to manifest dreams?
Speaker 3: Are you trying to be? Financially trying to tell you where you apt And then when they read it, right their own book exactly. I got a publish a company. I got a publishing company. I got a course for you. You know what I'm saying. I like what you want? Man, time you're pushing.
Speaker 9: What do you want.
Speaker 3: All of us? All of the huss Yeah, way a pleasant.
Speaker 9: And I asked hent even notice.
Speaker 3: But so I'm gonna put at a B.
Speaker 2: And So a young lady came in my office a while back and she saw you was on the show and she was like, yeah, you know, I grew up with him.
Speaker 5: I went to high school together.
Speaker 3: And she was like, yo, I never booked.
Speaker 2: I would never believe that he is who he is because she was like, Ash was a was a good high school.
Speaker 3: Was like he was a real live street dude. God, I'm like your fool by the inspiration.
Speaker 5: What I want to talk.
Speaker 11: About to day is consumption support and uh a little bit of reality behind the entrepreneurship and what it looks like for you, because I mean, we all don't have the same skill set, we all don't have the same mindset, but you know, being descendence of slaves, we all can labor and that's ship and that's really you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So, so, so you wanted to talk about support, you you just spoke about that conversation.
Speaker 5: So consumerism, because one of the things that.
Speaker 2: That you really said on the podcast really struck a nerve with a lot of people and really change the dynamic and stuff is you like support, people don't fully understand what support is, right, Yeah, so that's.
Speaker 11: The biggest thing, and that's what's extremely important, feel like the black ecosystem because a lot of times it's black people.
Speaker 3: We got a lot of the right ideas, but were in the wrong stores, you know what I'm saying. And we need to understand what it looks like to be able to scale black businesses. And when you.
Speaker 11: Consume, you need to consume with intentions. But then you need to understand the difference between support and consumption and.
Speaker 3: What that looks like. So for example, like some of you may have jobs, right when you got jobs, you don't work for jobs, you work for people.
Speaker 11: So like take for example, myself, a person who's been able to grow my business and seven figures by myself, and a young black man coming out of color high school.
Speaker 5: He's not going to really want.
Speaker 11: To work for me as much as he's gonna want to work for the four seasons, right, But the person who're working at the Four Seasons.
Speaker 3: Make one hundred grand. Ayeaar he got one hundred grand to get mindset.
Speaker 5: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: So, so the difference between supporting consumption and understanding what that looks, It's like it's similar to understanding what your mindset need to be.
Speaker 3: When you go out and you buy stuff by stuff, buy stuff for people.
Speaker 11: So for me, like when people come into my store, they say, you know, I came to support and I'm like, well shit, this shit timph time here, So now you're coming a concern And they really didn't understand the difference because as black people, when we look at other black entrepreneurs, we tend to think we're doing them a favor.
Speaker 3: You're not doing them a favor.
Speaker 11: You build in a community and you're creating an ecosystem. Because we can't look outside ourselves for anything. No one has anything for us. Chasing point in my situation, like everything that we've done to grow my business has been through ourselves. You see what I'm saying. I always say like take jay Z, take Puffy, take Russell Simmons. None of them niggas ain't doing nothing together. It's independent they doing anything independent and then they doing a thing independent and then at the end of the year the numbers get charged up. But when you do see jay z do, like the Live Nation deal or to see All that comes, it's a white man. When you see Oprah do a lot of deal, they from white people and then they're able to trickle back.
Speaker 3: So the whole Live Nation play is a white player. The whole uh, what's the movie the Black Panther. The whole Black Panther player is a white play.
Speaker 11: So we need to understand who owns what we talked about like white right, and what that looks like. And then when you buy from the entrepreneur, what's your intention is?
Speaker 5: So are you consuming?
Speaker 9: Are you are you supporting?
Speaker 3: And what does that look like? So for me, it's about intentional consumption.
Speaker 2: So you talked about the the other side of the ugly side of entrepreneurship, right and making hard decisions, and.
Speaker 3: You posted some videos about here.
Speaker 2: Even with employees, right, So the restaurant business, you have a lot of employees.
Speaker 5: That's like part of it. Like, you can't be a solo entrepreneur in the restaurant, So, but how is it working with.
Speaker 3: So you hire people from your.
Speaker 5: Community, right, yeah, yeah, and it hasn't been all easy for you either, right, No, No, it's not easy.
Speaker 11: And I think like when I see a lot of all the other podcasts on the platform.
Speaker 3: They try to they seen real clamor racks, so like they.
Speaker 11: Don't talk about their business, and they will talk about how much money.
Speaker 3: They make, but they're not talking about the problem they're dealing.
Speaker 5: With hiring these knigs.
Speaker 3: If he say real problems, you know what I'm saying, because we don't know, Like I'm sure some of.
Speaker 9: Y'all there entrepreneurs, and it's hardest to deal with your people.
Speaker 11: So I had to find a model where I had to really go from an entrepreneur to a theptist and really dig deep into the eyes of my brothers and see, oh, this.
Speaker 9: Is what he's struggling.
Speaker 3: When's struggling with trust, it's not that he don't want to do the job.
Speaker 11: He trusts I'm not gonna pay him because he worked for another black man and that man didn't pay me. So now it's different with me than it is we say like a white brown whereas though he might not get paid, he might get paid, but he might get.
Speaker 3: They might talk shit about him behind closed doors. So they got a cap big for him. Whereas go with me.
Speaker 11: I'm being straight up with him, and it's it's a little bit difficult to earn his trust because of what he saw in black man, specifically for black man, we don't grow up in communities where we had fathers.
Speaker 3: So I know for me, it was a struggle to trust a black man. And I was resistant to that so much so.
Speaker 11: That that my father would try to tell me, what the dude, I'm bucking automatically, you see what I'm saying. So when I had a lot of young black men working for me, it was so much resistance. They didn't understand I was laying that up from south out here, you kicking point even with my own brother.
Speaker 3: Right. So I build a store out I pay for everything on my own. Then I do the trucks. I pay for everything on my own. So I go to my brother, were going back and forth. I say, what's your dream? He said, well, my dream is to own the restaurant. You sit in my hand one, You sit in my hand one.
Speaker 5: Right, So we get into it.
Speaker 3: I fire him, he leaves, He leave right, go right on the internet and by pats from a white guy how to run a restaurant. Wow, wow, I'm sitting right here, right here.
Speaker 11: But it's every day though, every day we give out black entrepreneurs so much bullshit.
Speaker 9: So much to deal with, from the entrepreneur side.
Speaker 11: Of hiring people to the consumer side of people coming into a space and feeling like it' should own it.
Speaker 3: Same thing I had with a woman one time.
Speaker 11: We opened at nine o'clock. She came at nine oh five. She said, well, I came at nine oh five. The door was locked, so I'm never coming back. I said, well, do you like the restaurant?
Speaker 3: She said, I love it. I said, do you like the food? She said, I love it. I said, but you never coming back? She said, no, I'm never coming back. I said, why did you say that?
Speaker 11: You don't really focus on them, because a lot of times i's as black and brown people. We got a lot of slashes, Like we just had slash, We cook them and slash.
Speaker 3: So for me to in order to scale, you got focused. So I scaled the business. Ye, it's a one plus one equal to model. So I go back to when I was in the street saying, you know, if you buy one break you stay down to sell it and you get another one.
Speaker 11: A lot of people don't really talk about how important it is to save, saving, sacrifice, equal scaleing.
Speaker 3: So those are the three essays that we typically talk about. So like, for example, this year, I got a five restaurants, got a True Foods, So that's seventh strings of income.
Speaker 11: And I remember arrest aware that the average million that had seven strings of income.
Speaker 3: And then now we sell product through those.
Speaker 11: Restaurants and merchandise, so then now that's twenty one strings of income. So my goal is by the time that I get forty years old, I'll have twenty twenty five to thirty strings of income coming in. But it's the lonely place for me because I'm scaling. But when I look to my left and to my right and I see my fellow black entrepreneurs that kind of close to me on higher level, they's just doing.
Speaker 3: Their own thing on their own shop, and like when you talk to him, it's like, yeah, that's cool, that's what's up. That's what you're doing. I'm gonna higher at you and then don't ship.
Speaker 2: So one of the things one of the things that I like what you did is that you sold another episode Fernando Lord of the Slums and you liked that episode a lot a lot of people did, and you reached out to him. Yeah, she gave you some game and you actually are putting it right. Can you talk about that?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, so so so with Fernando. With Fernando specifically, because the first thing I gotta do is shout out the Iron Legion broadcast ship you well, yeah you are, but you're.
Speaker 11: Understand the importance of the information that's directly in front of you, and if you don't know. So a lot of times I tend not to speak about business. I speak more about social skills and how we need to grow and come out of certain timers because even if you get that tax business, you can give up on them. Even if you get that restaurant, you can give up on it, or you can sing what fun it ain't hearing black people.
Speaker 3: You see what I'm saying. So I reached out to Fernando because I knew I saw value, and then I acted on it. So I was like, damn, he got all these houses. He can help me scale my restaurant business. So when I reached out, so the goal was to reach.
Speaker 11: Out so that we can partner up and then he was like, well, I'm kind of busy right now.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna parten up on a business, but I can show you a way in what you to scale your business for free. He did that for you for free. So I didn't know about hard money until I watched her religion. I was so naive even being a businessman.
Speaker 11: I felt like, how money was a nigga giving me some money and I own, that's gonna be a problem.
Speaker 9: I found own.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That's all I knew. I didn't nothing.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I'm telling I was green, that's all I know. So so but if I would have knew that you're not all the way wrong with that, I was about right.
Speaker 11: But if I knew that I would have I would have definitely grown faster. Show That's definitely some information that he gave me. So he told me that I could put twenty percent down, go through.
Speaker 3: A hard money lending. He gave me the hard money let the league and the building at the time was like two hundred grand.
Speaker 5: It's a mixed use property.
Speaker 11: So anybody who know my uh my business model, we got mixed use property. So that's what I would to encourage all of y'all to do, because there's a way to kind of offset costs of your entrepreneur get a mixed use property.
Speaker 3: Can you talk about that though.
Speaker 2: He might have seen the podcast, but I want you to explain that he Mixed use properties is so important, all right for your business model.
Speaker 11: So mixed use is when you got residential and commercial property right, specifically typically the commercial properties at the bottom, so like in DC, like a lot of that is like Adamsburg and Georgetown where they got apartments up top and then commercially at the bottom.
Speaker 3: So for us, it was easier because the tenants paid the movie right, so.
Speaker 11: When they're Tennis paid the morgags, you open for free, right, So we can, like we can go through anything at my business right now. If I feel that type of way where I want to restructure my business, I could close it if.
Speaker 3: A recession come, we good because we don't have any bills.
Speaker 11: So that was that was a way that I was able to scale so fast too, because I focused on a business model.
Speaker 3: So that's the that's a lead that you brought that up because that's extamely important.
Speaker 11: So a lot of people here probably got good ideas and good good products, but might got might not got the best business model.
Speaker 3: So like, for example, you walk in the cafe and you don't like the butter.
Speaker 11: Scott's crimpts right, so you write a moll, but you don't never go to think like that black lady might not got the best crimptas, but she got a great business model. I make some good ass crimpts. Let's link up and let's do something. So a lot of times we gotta learn how to respect business and see them for what they y'all beyond face value. And even when you go in places, like you going places and you get a good product. So it's how I acquired the vegan donut place. I went in the spot, I ate the donut. I stepped outside. I said it was two apartment's a butuf So I'm like, that don'tno good. It's a mixed use property. I wanted already interested in selling the lady.
Speaker 3: The lady told me they was interested in selling because they didn't own the building, so they didn't use the right business model. So when I called Fernando, he gave me the lead set A hard money guy. Come to find out, you don't need taxi terms. I'm just being honest. You could literally come in the street and have a bag with fifty in it and they gonna take it.
Speaker 9: That was that's my you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So he's like, he's like, shit, all you need I'm just man out. He's like, shit, all you need is you need forty bands, then you need clothing y'aps. I'm like, what's all that? So he's like, like forty eight thousand. I w wasn't right home.
Speaker 8: That's my room life.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Well, am I gave him that?
Speaker 2: And that was that.
Speaker 11: And now then Fernando tell me to say, look you can fix the property.
Speaker 3: Yup, refinance it, get your money back. They're gonna give you everything. Right, you feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: I got selling help.
Speaker 3: Me, you know I style.
Speaker 11: So like my first door, it is, to be honest with you, My first door was seven hundred thousand. So when I went to this store, it was full fifty show. The white guy tell me, David Fanny say you go.
Speaker 3: Buy the building, right.
Speaker 11: So then when I go to buy the building, they like, because it's a it's a commercial property, you need thirty percent down, which would have been like one thirty, but then I had to earners.
Speaker 3: What's up.
Speaker 4: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, or seats of digital tipping is a breeze and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate, Let Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be. But understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 15: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you were here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now under President Trump America's laws, order and families.
Speaker 3: Will be protected. Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 11: Hey, taxes, they get approved for the full fifty, So then I'm saying I'm gonna get on one thirty. Then I gotta get approved for the full fifty, which means I probably gotta make this a buck fifty, which means I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Do that for three days. That's another buck fifty, and that's you eighty. I put you fifty in in my store. Now I'm five thirty in. I don't I don't filing it at thirty thousand dollars. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Boy, we're just posted two seconds because I don't know how you go to math your head like.
Speaker 3: He's very talented in math. Oh, it's very talented. Mask very good. Yeah, so I'm gonna take you out the play. Look, I never bought the building. I'm like, and I ain't gonna buy it. I mean, I'm sorry, I'm like, forget it. I ain't got I'm gonna just fix it up. We're gonna double back and we're gonna buy it. Right. I fixed it up. He sell it to another white man.
Speaker 5: No, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So white, do you come to me one day like I'm your new Lineloder? I like, ain't no, ain't no world. David told me he was gonna send me the building. No, I bought the building from David.
Speaker 11: He bought the building from David for seven hundred my building of praise for a million hours.
Speaker 3: So this is how I was able to get my building. The white guy that I built that, that I uh that bought it from David. I was aheadache in him for so long, but he came to me like, fucking Dad, go ahead, whatever you gotta do to get it.
Speaker 11: So I told him, look, I could come up with twenty percent, and then he did. Was caught on the finance because he owned the building. But that was a white person who put me in a position to do that, and Another thing I'm gonna be honest about is all my level.
Speaker 3: What positions always came from white people. It's crazy because I talked this real fast.
Speaker 11: So look, I was sitting with a delegate bar. I'm gonna say, black women, right, we eat.
Speaker 3: She a lot of foods. She come here all the time. And it's all about perspective with black people. Right. So she said a lot of food. I would love for you to cater for some events that we have in right, I said, all right, that's cool. White lady, come in. She eat the food. She a lot of foods. She had a lot of food.
Speaker 11: You need to get fined on locations. Here's my business coming. So it's all about perspective. Some of the places that she's really loving, falling in love with. And you got a business model add value like that. You don't got to start a salon from scratch.
Speaker 3: She got a salon that you love. She might can't manage the books fully well, but I ain't want you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: You know, I just because the mentorship piece is key, right, So I know that you're back from probably a lot of young people lives and didn't work out. And you know I was in my mind thinking like, have any of them come back, because I know you brought some of the young boys here shouting out who was here?
Speaker 3: What's the return on the.
Speaker 7: Investment in some of these young people when they come back realizing that, you know what, I really should have.
Speaker 3: Listened, right, this guy's in the position. Who can help me? Yeah? All right for me, just for me, you know what I'm saying. So I started my business to get out the streets. I'm not even gonna lie like.
Speaker 5: I was, like, Yo, I'm not trying to God go to jail.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to make a shit ton of money and do business right. So I start, I became successful. I got lucky on my first store. It took it six months.
Speaker 11: We got the second store. So then it became a breach back piece. Like na, Na'm speaking of me. I'm already making money. All these young black men they got these problems because I was an introvert being in the streets in Baltimore.
Speaker 3: You say to yourself, So I didn't know like problems.
Speaker 11: I didn't even know nothing about none of this. So now being around so many young black men like damn, like.
Speaker 3: Like Killer Form, not cho Bank, It's Disney killer.
Speaker 11: That's my man, right, being around people like now twenty three, being around guys like I'm like, damn he oh he need me.
Speaker 3: This shit bigger than like me selling some food. I got a creative give back piece. So now let's go into the new year. So going into the New York.
Speaker 11: I got the seventh stores, right, I'm on, I got the seventh store. So with the seventh stores, they not my stores. Those stores are for my guys. So what we do now is we all work. So we worked in seven entities, right, and we make enough money every quarter to buy a new entity.
Speaker 3: And now what I'm doing, I got owner operators. So it got bigger than me. And I said to myself, how can I provide a level of structure, how can I provide a system? And how can I provide a clean brand?
Speaker 11: Because in our culture, like all we knew was like Mom and Pops, the agents had everything. It wasn't no clean black brand. So for me, I do gomet selling food a breakfast.
Speaker 3: And brunch palette. But it transcends the stereotype.
Speaker 11: And I typically go in higher in white neighborhoods because it's a real estate piece to it.
Speaker 3: But then it's also a place where all black people feel coupic becoming. So now I've decided to replicate their model, right and being able to build that out and now pass it to the next man. So I'm gonna bring it down. I buy the spot, I build it.
Speaker 11: Out, right, you work for me after Yeah, if you show face, I give it to you.
Speaker 3: It's free. Now we split, there's no differ. We building up a block. Were sitting up there cushing up flow together. Now they coming you run up block. I'm gonna move on to the next block. That's how that works.
Speaker 2: That's alright, alright, So we're gonna question question and answer this question that some clob break.
Speaker 3: Yep, yeah, I got doing from from MPHRASA to you.
Speaker 16: H you're you were talking about dealing with your employees and stuff.
Speaker 3: That really spoke to me.
Speaker 16: I work for a black man now and we have some challenges, but heat down in my heart, I don't want to leave the company because he's a black man.
Speaker 3: We have black employ you have black clients.
Speaker 16: What would be your advice to someone who's having those issues but want to stick it out?
Speaker 3: How long have you been there? About a year and so listen. So so it's a grind. You see what I'm saying. If you've been there for and I and I and I respect that right, So you see how mentally he challenged already, So it's already a fight. So now he gotta go in and work for this man.
Speaker 11: No, I'm like, look, it's basically a social tone. Now I'm working for you because you're black, and I think that's not right. I think you gotta get to a space where there's a level of fulfillment and it's an even tone.
Speaker 3: Amongst you and the people that you work for. I don't believe support me because I'm black. I believe I gotta give you some exceptional shit. That's just what I gotta get.
Speaker 9: I gotta go all in and all out every week, specifically.
Speaker 3: Because you're black, right, And I know you watched right right.
Speaker 11: So so when you're working with that gentleman in particular, it's best to get a set of rules and constructs.
Speaker 3: See where he's trying to go. If he ain't trying to go nowhere, get out of that.
Speaker 11: But if there's a place for you to be able to grow in itself, I always believe in sticking choice, stick to it. Ifness is what it is because even if you leave the mom you're backing somebody.
Speaker 3: Else orientation, getting them with the same shit lot. Brother, you.
Speaker 12: Know, I ain't write, no, we an't got we don't got Instagram, paget get on social media like I don't got no Instagram.
Speaker 7: Uh if you ever seen him on Instagram, he looked like this.
Speaker 2: Dear Garry came and we got the whole reading to ourselves, and he said, you're the last person to sit up all the way up here.
Speaker 5: By himself. You're still moving.
Speaker 9: Around like.
Speaker 3: You got you don't got you gotta talk no more. You got a question all types of differences that you came from tail black people black. Yeah, okay, I'm so for me.
Speaker 11: I decided to do the restaurant because we grew up like my so my grandparents from Littleton off them out.
Speaker 3: So they we grew up eating fishing, dress checking.
Speaker 9: Them up and stuff like that in the house.
Speaker 11: But also mine my passion was in trade design, fashion, food and music, and the restaurant was the only place where you, I mean, you can't walk a chicken and roab with.
Speaker 3: Down the runway.
Speaker 9: So the restaurant was.
Speaker 11: The only place where I could get all of that out where I could design the uniforms, I could control the music, so for like people who follow me on Instagram, like they love the music that we love, and then like, all right, then I can design the inside of the space.
Speaker 3: And I knew I could get all that fulfillment.
Speaker 11: And then I also wanted to create something that transcender the stereotype because I just felt like, like in my city, I lived in Laquo for a while, so in Atlanta and in my city, it.
Speaker 3: Wasn't a lot of higher and upper crush.
Speaker 11: So I don't know how familiar all are, but like the four Seasons of like Soho House and things like that.
Speaker 9: But it's my goal this year to get out of the restaurant business.
Speaker 3: Of it and focus on a hospitality company. So with the seven, with the seven restaurants and the true food.
Speaker 11: Trucks, we looked in to grow and be somewhat of like a four season fifteen twenty years.
Speaker 3: From now foot black people specifically get it for black people. That's my whole thing, you know, I like to create a level.
Speaker 11: Of inclusion where when white people participate, that's fine, but it's another thing.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm just speaking on my spreens. White people not checking for you, black people checking for you.
Speaker 11: If I if I see y'all right, now y'all coming to me, and I got some biscuits, you're gonna.
Speaker 3: Trying A group of white girls are walk right down me.
Speaker 5: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So I created itness.
Speaker 11: Specifically for black people, hoping that white people fall in love with it.
Speaker 3: That's there's a level on inclusion. But when white people come in your doors, you want to treat them as family because now they're interested in you.
Speaker 9: But keep going outside and thinking.
Speaker 11: White people validate your business and if they buy something for you that makes you better.
Speaker 3: No, that shit is old. That's that's that's old myself.
Speaker 5: Derrek Derek Man appreciate you, brok.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, those all these black questions.
Speaker 11: We're gonna we're gonna.
Speaker 5: Runing short on time. But got out hanging out with us afterwards as well.
Speaker 2: So all right, so the Closer, Today's Closer, the show Closer or me and Max back. One thing I like about early lease of podcasts that we bring people on from different walks of life. Everybody has a different story, everybody has a different journey, everybody has a different level. But can everybody has a different you know, expertise. We don't judge anybody. We were very non judgment too. He doesn't tell and we just just let people come as they are. And Max's Max is just he's one of these guys that like he's this special person, like you know, sometimes you just see somebody here always looks like it's Barbara, which is He's like, yeah, it's like off like that. Yeah, it's like the pier. You got like a whole full length peer. And so he asked the look. But more important than the look he asks the information and the way he delivers it is so powerful. And he's just he's he's he's really dope and really dynamic, and he was one of our he's our most recent alumni. And people really really enjoyed that episode a lot.
Speaker 7: And we went we were humble by it, right because when when we sat down, he told us that you had to listening.
Speaker 3: To us, So we were like for real.
Speaker 7: And the next thing was like yo, at the end of everybody listening at the end of episode, like, Yo, we're going to DC. You loved you, said Joe, Yeah, she was good. I'm coming literally like on the spot. And it was like, that's dope, it's even happened here, man shout out to you.
Speaker 3: I appreciate y'all turning around across. That's when I thought I was doing something, and we just did a holding set. Now you're gonna do this.
Speaker 5: So I wanted to ask you. We spoke about real estate.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about real estate too, but we didn't really get a chance to talk about a few things that I really wanted to talk about on the podcast that hopefully we can talk about now. So, like you, one of the things we spoke about a briefing. But one of the things I really like about you is that you created systems in place, and you actually make more money off those systems than even in real estate, right, And it's.
Speaker 7: Like this, I think people forget that or they kind of overlook the message of what you've done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm glad you brought that up. So in my real estate business, I only.
Speaker 17: Make like a million and a half only y'all right, holy, But in episode fifty one year talking about verticals, Ye, so out of being real good at real estate, I created different products within that real estate software. Is that solve my problem? To end up solving thousands of people's other problems. You know, that's like two or three billion dollars right there, So different.
Speaker 3: Things within that thing you good at.
Speaker 17: Like you said, when you say you got to get seven streams, I mean you got to go through this truck and you gotta just you know, it all comes in all stamps from real estate. And then and then that's where we get to the you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, because they're bad because it was like especially for you because it used to be a bounte hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then and then so when you when you learned how to track people down.
Speaker 17: Yeah, So that's how I created one of my first products that made me a million dollars laying in bed. That was the first product that I had to work nothing like once I built it, you know, it made like a million dollars while you sleeping, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: And it's going to continue to make money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we did two million this year.
Speaker 5: Because you saw, it's all about solving the problem.
Speaker 2: So it's like if you're in real estate, you know a lot of times one of the issues that you can't you can't track down the owner of a home. And it's like, so you when you really I have you I know how to track down people, but I don't need to track down people to serve the parts anymore. I could track down people to say I have an offer for your home.
Speaker 5: Are you interested in that?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 5: And that's alve the problem.
Speaker 17: Yeah, and many many My people's right here in my family, my wholesaling family and real estate family. They know how important it is that you see a house that's destroyed and you're like, yo, I want that house, but the owner has abandoned for the last seven, eight, twelve years and you need to find them.
Speaker 3: Skip tracing is what puts you on there. That's a mindset thing too, right, because a lot of times you drive past the house, they were like, we like going to that house. That's like on trick on Halloween, you even we ain't going to that house.
Speaker 17: It's crazy that even like so until you learn about real estate, you learn that, oh, that abandoned house you can make money from.
Speaker 3: A lot of us drive past.
Speaker 17: The house, have never seen it, and then you listen to like somebody on YouTube. You go listen to YouTube and they'll be like, oh, you can make money off of bandoned house. The next time you're drive into work, you see thirty of them. Right, It's like when you gonna go buy a new car, you get a range Rover and then all of a sudden you pull out of the range rovere shop and every car that goes by the range rovere.
Speaker 3: By everybody has it. So it's just your mind.
Speaker 2: We talked about it a lot too, like now you start to look for things, because I was saying on the podcast.
Speaker 5: Like even like when you as a kid in the school bus, like we.
Speaker 2: Drive past homes, but like the grass is like five feet and the paintship, and you always think, like people don't care about their homes.
Speaker 5: But that's money that could be in a big that could be.
Speaker 2: Somebody's in Florida that can't afford to keep it up. That could be somebody that's just distressed and needs somebody.
Speaker 5: So it's like looking for you. I like that, exceptle because it's like a lot of time people.
Speaker 2: Look for money, but you're literally in that scenario, you're driving past money and you don't even see it.
Speaker 5: You see it, but you don't see it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 17: One of the biggest things I thought was BS when it was like, YO, don't go chase money solve problems.
Speaker 3: I never like you know as somebody that was broken had a broke mindset.
Speaker 17: I thought it was stupid, like, yeah, we gotta go up to the back. But the reality is you need to solve problems. And seeing a house that's abandoned when you're solving so many problems, when you have the taxes of not being paid so the city government is not collecting taxes on the house in the last six years, then you have the neighborhood is depreciating because of the physical status of the house next door to it. So the neighbors hated. Right, then it's not safe. You know, it could be something that's not supposed to be a trap house, right, It.
Speaker 3: Was just all types of things. So you start, you solve so many problems by fixing that house.
Speaker 17: You can put people in it that actually are meeting a house, deserving to have a house.
Speaker 2: Yes a fact, and one of the things that we ain't get to talk about either is mindset, because I know that's real big for you as well, like a lot of even you're speaking engagements is mindset. So we talked about before with the real estate or can you talk about that for.
Speaker 3: A little bit as far as in the thirty Day challenge man. Yeah, so mindset. Mindset is like the biggest thing.
Speaker 17: And you know, as black people, we don't address a lot of the things that we have on our mind or just the way we were brought up, right, So we have to challenge is the way we think. You know, everybody who's everybody's grown up different. But you know, I talk about like, so the brain has neurons.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you I don't know if I said this already, but no, no you didn't, but not on Yeah, so the brain, the brain.
Speaker 17: Has neurons in it, and in order for something to happen, these two neurons fire off at each other like sent electrical pults between each other.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 17: So they say, when you grow up, you are a compromised that the most the ten people you hang around with. Right, So, from your kid to your adult, you hang around on an average of ten people, and you're a fabric.
Speaker 3: Of those ten people put together, whether it's good or bad.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 3: So, being that you start to do things naturally that you just see every day, you start to do it.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 3: So an example I usually give is how many you ever.
Speaker 17: Left work one day and then just ended up in the driveway like you didn't even think about your.
Speaker 3: Left turn your right turn.
Speaker 17: So that is your brain just firing off those those neurons that you've done so for so long.
Speaker 3: So it happens is in order to challenge those thoughts, you have to have a complete opposite thought, right, So your brain fires off these exact.
Speaker 17: Neurons over and over again to where it says, you know, I'm just gonna throw like an Ethernet cord between these two neurons.
Speaker 3: That way, I don't have to think about it. It just becomes a natural reaction.
Speaker 17: So in order to break that high speed connection between those two neurons, you got to have a complete opposite, challenging thought. So for me, it was like when I read the book, so I'm dyslexic. Most of you guys don't do read terribly, right. What would take you two hours to read might take me six days, right, So everything just takes it a little bit longer. So when they came out with like you could listen to books at like thirty one thirty, I read Rich Dad four Dad, and it was just a book. The story I don't even know if it's real story enough, but it made me challenge the way I've just learned everything, and it was like, well, what if everything I learned was wrong?
Speaker 3: So let me just go through the day and just start challenging myself, challenging my brain.
Speaker 17: And with that it just started. Things just started happening, and I started learning what money really was right, and then like just everything.
Speaker 3: So I think the mind set because everything that we want to accomplish this is already out there. Right, it's on the internet. It's for free. You know what I'm saying. It's like it's out there.
Speaker 17: But what happened is the reason why we can't receive it because our mindset is not ready for it. We're not ready to be rich. You know, my man talking about you. You got to forecast that rich. We want the money we have the like, yo, why we want it? So we're conditioned in a way that we just have to change and it just we got to have these provocate conversations. What's so crazy is like this year we've traveled with Dave and I is my director of media, our creative director. We've done over two hundred and sixty thousand miles in a plane this year.
Speaker 3: Right, and when you're growing a brand, now I'm doing intentionally. You can do it two ways.
Speaker 17: You can spend a lot of money on Facebook ads and all that stuff, or you can go.
Speaker 3: Around and touch people's hands and hug people.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 17: So what's been so cool is like five ten years ago, these are not not the conversations we would having. This would have been a VIP section for a Little Wain concert.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 17: So now we're sitting here talking about how to feel wealth through real estate, how to do things outside.
Speaker 3: This is if we keep this up for the next ten years, we're gonna change the fabric of this.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 3: So we're like beginning of something that is so dupe that we're not talking. We're not doing enormous stuff anymore. And one of the things you told us, like off camera, was like, Yo, I love what y'all doing, and y'all giving it for free. Just give it a free kid, the information it go. Talk about that a little bit.
Speaker 17: The craziest thing man, people that I looked up to and in the real estate business prior to getting into it would call me once I started to get a little buzz and say what are you doing? Why are you giving this away? One guy he said, Yo, you get to diminish your return. I'm a Facebook group of like ninety something thousand people and we just give away information, the contracts, how to do this.
Speaker 3: It's a community of us coming together just talking about, yo, how do we do this?
Speaker 17: How do we help each other? And I remember when I put out one of my videos and it went farrow. I was like, you know what, I'm gonna get ten thousand subscribers and I'm gonna put out a course. And then I started watching this guy named Gary Vee and he was like, nah.
Speaker 3: Just give it away, give it away, give it away. And I was like, all right, cool, I'm actually making money in real estate.
Speaker 17: Now I don't need to put a paywall, because I'll put a paywall up.
Speaker 3: Nobody would have heard of it, read what I mean. So I'm just gonna put that I'm gonna give it away.
Speaker 17: And as I gave away, and I know that things your mom said, give it away, it's he'll come back ten times better.
Speaker 3: Right, It was true. I just gave it away. Then it started feeling good.
Speaker 17: Then it was like every time I'm talking to somebody like, yo, you see any abandoned houses.
Speaker 3: Like you want to make it back. So I just started sharing the story with everybody like, yo, you can do it too. I'm nothing special. I could barely read I'm nothing special, trust me.
Speaker 17: So you know, being able to give away stuff has been able to grow my brand. It's the same way you guys are doing it. It's like, I know, you get approached and emails every day about who you want to work with and stuff like that. Like on a man Cas said, y'all have to work with anybody, anybody. I'm sure you guys don't need it. So you get to decide to pick who you want to work with.
Speaker 3: So being able to give away this information now is not the time to charge. Now.
Speaker 17: You got to charge for this thing, right, but the basic information to be able to fire off the different thoughts that everybody needs in this room.
Speaker 3: You got to give that away.
Speaker 2: And it's like it's a little different from a rapper and have a mixtapes before the album comes out, like you develop a core following.
Speaker 5: And when it's time to charge for a service or an event, it's no problem.
Speaker 2: They feel guilty not paying because they've gotten so much for free games.
Speaker 3: Like that's kind of like we would us.
Speaker 7: We were out last night, the true story, right, we walked in and we're in DC, right, So we walk in and guy was like, are you losing?
Speaker 3: I'm like, what's up? Mean?
Speaker 7: He's like, I'm like, we'll just get some drakes. He's like, nah, you I can't take your money.
Speaker 3: You give it meat too much. I'm like sure. He's like. I was like, well, let me have some fust. It's a good feeling when people come up to me.
Speaker 17: And if people come to you and be like, yo, that podcast changed my life, It's like, you don't know what that feels like.
Speaker 3: Somebody say you changed my life. I'm like, how you know?
Speaker 17: I'm not you know what I'm saying. Some guy was like, yo, my mom wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for you. I'm like, yo, that's touching.
Speaker 3: Be relive to start crying, you know what I mean.
Speaker 17: And you know, he was like, yo, I was able to do what you said in real estate, got this money and I was able to pay for my mom's procedure.
Speaker 3: Right. And I remember I did a live event. A guy came to me.
Speaker 9: I never forget his name.
Speaker 17: He came to me and he was like yo, and he came up to be real aggressive, right, So you know I was in the military. I this crazy stuff. I always, you know, protect myself. He came to be mad, aggressing. He's like, oh crap, you gotta do something. And he was like, Yo, I love you.
Speaker 3: My man was like straight thucked out. He was like, he's I love me. I was like and he started telling me his story and he started to cry and I was like, yo, chill, He'll be up cry with you.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But he was like, man, you changed my life and his he put me work. It was just so much that he talked about. Man, and it's just it's just a feeling to be able to give this stuff away. It is where it's I enjoy that more than he did.
Speaker 7: There's another piece that is extremely feeling too, and I've seen it especially this week, and like when they get to see the people who've been on the show, like Yo, can't cannot cannot meet their company, man, I just got to say thank you to them?
Speaker 3: Or can I meet Wall Street trapper? Or can I where's this business? I gotta find it.
Speaker 7: Like the fact that they're seeking these people who they didn't know before, it's like amazing, man.
Speaker 17: It's it's it's crazy man, Like for us to be giving away information and to be educating people, and we were like, it's like we play.
Speaker 3: Over here, you know what I mean, the league, so but it's it's like it's just it's just crazy though, but our impact is real. Noah, it's really. I was sitting on the love as well as that.
Speaker 2: So the good thing with your legion is that where we're all inclusive tent and literally we've had I think four guests that went to Ward the School of Business right and people, and that's the best business school in the world, and people who really loved that.
Speaker 3: Episodes.
Speaker 2: We have people like Wall Street trapper Derry Falcon that already returning Citizen season.
Speaker 3: Return, So that's in our vocabulary with that, it's the fact.
Speaker 2: But the thing about it is that there's somebody everybody to identify with. Like everybody's not a street person, everybody's not a highly educated person, right, everybody.
Speaker 3: Is not a nerd.
Speaker 5: Sow people are a nerds.
Speaker 2: So it's like it's important to highlight everybody because there's one person that identifies with that. Like somebody identifies with John Henry, somebody identifies with you, somebody identifies with even me and Troy they're gonna tell us.
Speaker 9: To see what your leision.
Speaker 5: Has really become. Is like a mentorship program in a sense where it's.
Speaker 2: Like you can actually learn from somebody that you can identify with personally and then follow their journey and it's like a really dope thing.
Speaker 5: So I wanted to ask you, like specifically, what got you.
Speaker 3: Like real estate.
Speaker 2: We talked about real estate a lot, but wholesale If anybody's not familiar, you didn't watch the episode. Whole sealing is when you don't actually buy the property, you're just like the middleman in the transaction. And I think wholesaling is something that is something that a lot of people can benefit in real estate because you don't need money.
Speaker 5: To start, right.
Speaker 2: That's something that a lot of times people it stops them from getting in real estate because they don't have money.
Speaker 3: You just need hustle.
Speaker 7: I say, to know what it is a lot of times it's like they don't actually have a travel from that foundation of what the word wholesale needs with a process.
Speaker 5: So you said, you you made a million dollar on for real estate and never had.
Speaker 3: A workage, right, I never borrowed any money from the bank ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So all right, can you talk about like why wholesaling is just so beautiful to you as opposed.
Speaker 17: To because you know, the thought of being in real estate is you got to have money, right, and it's not like so like a lot of us got started like that whole role right, Yes, a millionaires right there, all off of just starting with wholesale. Now, as you grow, you get learned more and you start to acquire property. I've never had to go to the bank my man saying he put down forty thousand, that's real, it's called hard money.
Speaker 3: And then if he does a few more.
Speaker 17: Times, he could go to that same guy and say, I don't paying your hard money's feasible. We got an open relationship I needed at ten percent, you know. So for me, like wholesaling opened up the door for me to be able to get a bag, get educated on this field, and then actually become a physical investor like own things and scale that operation.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I never needed a bank today his day, I still don't need a bank. They hit me up all the time. I want to give me money.
Speaker 5: Good problem, Yeah problem. So can we talk about can we talk about JA making?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Troy, choice choice you're.
Speaker 2: Making, get your making yeah, yeah, and I see you doing some big things out Jamaica.
Speaker 5: That's no thing to arn Alisia.
Speaker 2: And that's why even one I'm glad we was able to do this is that we we we never want to limit ourselves to any We're like all over the world and where we've reached number one in like I think ten different countries here, all the islands to make a trendy there everywhere forts.
Speaker 5: So we want to give people a broad vision.
Speaker 3: The earth is big, and a.
Speaker 2: Lot of times people feel like they can't get money in the area, or it's saturated or it's too hot price, But who told you to stay in that area?
Speaker 5: And the thing about it is a lot of times we don't. We don't leave our like ten.
Speaker 2: Mile radiance of where we grow up at, but are Atlsia is the whole world, but everybody all over the world.
Speaker 3: So I really like the play that you're doing in Jamaica right now.
Speaker 5: So can you talk about that?
Speaker 17: Yeah, So my parents in Jamaican and my mom and dad and you know, you just you don't always have to invest in America. So we bought property in Jamaica. One that building my mom and house cause years she's retired next year. I don't know if you're familiar with Helpshire Beach outside of the.
Speaker 3: King's not really from Jamaica. It don't matter first generations because he's like from part halfway Jamaica, right, so you can go that he eats the food he likes to, you know, be around Jamaicas. So you want to say, like, you know you are like me, But what up? We bought some beach from property. We're building an apartment complex in Jamaica. It's not huge. We're starting like with an eight unit and then we'll keep keep leveling up. But you know it's something good.
Speaker 17: The reason why I know is because Ralph Lauren is trying to buy the property next to ours.
Speaker 3: So you know, you got to get on before that happens, you know.
Speaker 17: But always reach back wherever your roots are, wherever you feel comfortable at, go back.
Speaker 3: There and it'd be something that's in my family forever.
Speaker 5: And that's that's the top part too.
Speaker 2: Because I saw you put on Instagram you had like the architect my family.
Speaker 5: That's family, Yeah, my architect, that's my cousin. What everybody? Because I see like four.
Speaker 17: People my brother's and c all so he runs the operations. My cousin draws the plans and he's also an engineer. And then I have a cousin that's a realtive.
Speaker 3: So everybody, everybody, everybody family hasn't been working a pay right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so how is it?
Speaker 5: How is it working with family? How is it working with family?
Speaker 17: It was I went against everything that everybody said. You know, I think the reason why it's hard to work with family is because you don't have an open line of communication.
Speaker 3: And I think being the middle.
Speaker 17: Child, all my older siblings work for me, work with me, not for me. We all work together because it's it's the same family. Because when something happened is in my family, we all got to take care of you. And it don't matter right now. I got the bag and it.
Speaker 3: Might be my brother next time. So we all just I enjoy it because the trust issue is never there. Me and my brother argue absolutely, but we always come back to a sense of yo.
Speaker 17: At the end of the day, we're brothers. Like you can't like we can't do this, like mom will how to step in? No Mom never had, You don't even know about it.
Speaker 3: That's one of the.
Speaker 2: Things that we speak about a lot as well as far as family wealth, and that's something that's not likely talk about enough.
Speaker 5: Like even when we interviewed Caesar be the MBI's partner.
Speaker 2: And that's one thing that you like about his whole operation is like his brother is the rent collective, his wife is his partner.
Speaker 5: He got like when you go to his office, it's like Dominican mafia.
Speaker 3: Like he's every five minutes, somebody's walking with an envelope. He just got to school and it's named after his daughter.
Speaker 7: The school's going to be his new apartment complex, but it's named after his daughter. Every wee were there, like every job, another person with an enveload with.
Speaker 2: An envelope, money, a bunch of Yeah, he's like Don corleone. But the thing about is that we talked about entrepreneurship and all that. But the goal is not to just become successful for yourself, like just got some selfishness, Like the goal is to empower your friends, your family, your community, your children, like because ultimately it's like united we stand and divided we fall, right like you can only you can only go so far by yourself.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I mean, and you know that the real fan said he made a meal, and he was like, I gotta reach back when you hit a number and you're like, yo, you'll need no one that I always say every it's like, somebody needs you to be rich.
Speaker 3: Don't be selfish.
Speaker 17: So if you if you like, I got some friends that we have conversations, they be like, yeah, I don't want to be rich.
Speaker 3: I just want to be comfortable. When you say that, you're being selfish because.
Speaker 17: Other people need you to be rich, because some people don't have the mindset that will never get there and you can't reach back and get them because you just want to be comfortable.
Speaker 3: So I want the everything. I want it all, So when I decide to give it out, I'm to give it out to who I was to see free. That's what loved us. You got you gotta go out there.
Speaker 17: And get all you can because you got to be able to get fast and true earlier leaders and fashion.
Speaker 3: I'm going to give you a change both. Yes, right. So it's like when he said on bass, he was like to me, you're bro unless everyone's rich next dred percent. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 17: If I don't want to be the only one pulled out of my car, we can't have a week in the change, right.
Speaker 3: That's why I got rich man. We got we think to the change right. If someone faults, we don't pick that one up.
Speaker 2: And that that's think to think about. Ear your legion too, Ear your leagion is a family. And so yeah, you see me and Troy.
Speaker 3: What you got, Mike? We got whatever? Man, We always say your name, but I don't think people know who you got, like.
Speaker 2: Rady head, right, we got we got his brother, then we got Jama, we got what got mt the mortgage guy.
Speaker 3: And it's like a team. Man. Yeah, it's a bunch of us. Other people have not even had the time.
Speaker 7: Talking about not just gonna do that, but I mean every time we film if years out by.
Speaker 3: I love, I Love.
Speaker 2: You want a point on that.
Speaker 3: We try to call you a second husband. You want to do this all these people stuff for me. But yeah, it's like there, it's like all of us grew up together.
Speaker 2: So it's like me, Troy, Mike, we tomorrow. We all know each other for twenty thirty years. Bam, that's Mike's brother. So it's like the issue could never be that serious because we know we got to talk to each other eventually, like like I might not speak to Mike for like two weeks, that's the fact, but it's likely, you know what I.
Speaker 3: Mean, so that we just started talking this weekend.
Speaker 17: That's fun when you can have your friends and your family and your business if you possible. But it's it's it's it's work, and you're supposed to want to have.
Speaker 3: To put in more work to have your friends, your family business, but you just set the rules in the guidelines. I think it's fun because that like when we do that Jamaica.
Speaker 17: Trip, when I'm flying, my own family's there first class. We're all going because we got work to dorough, you know, so well, yeah we're gonna we're gonna earn our leasion. Matter fact, when we was flying back, we flew back, the president or Prime Minister they call it of.
Speaker 3: Jamaica was like right there. I could have touched him, but he came on to plane like a bass. But you know, it's just it's just cool, man to be able to hit the road and go out with your family and make money with your family.
Speaker 17: You know, brother buying a new car because he wanted and every my mom's mad happy.
Speaker 3: Because she saved the most money in the life ever, just stuff like that, And that's what it's about too, as far as it's about, it's.
Speaker 2: About empowering your friends and having because I always say, you only.
Speaker 5: Want to go so far other people in your group chat, because it's like everybody that's a fact.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it's like even even.
Speaker 2: For us, like we've had group chats for years just talking about nonsense like who's the best rapper basketball, And it's like remooved myself from those now and it's like now we have in group chats and we're talking about like we're gonna get this real estate play in Cleveland, We're gonna do this, these are your legion is going to do, write a book, We're gonna have a new branch.
Speaker 5: And it actually feels different.
Speaker 2: It feels different when it's like five people all on the same path, like working and it's easier because you don't got the everything yourself. And it's like now you're all on the same way financially, and it's like y'all gonna grow together because it's like positive peer pressure, right, Like you thinking about that positive peer pressure, it was like you're in private school, because I went to public school in school, so in public school, as long as you're a curse.
Speaker 3: To teach out, you gotta be to show up and don't curse her out. But it's like in private school.
Speaker 9: But it's like in private.
Speaker 3: School, you don't want to be the dumbest kid in the class.
Speaker 2: Nobody wants to be the dumbest kid in class, So you're gonna push yourself to be at least middle because you don't want to be looked at.
Speaker 3: It as like, oh, why is he here just to play basketball? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So it's like that's a positive fear pressure. So it's the same thing with your environment. It's like if you're the only person successful and everybody else you subconsciously start to self sabotage yourself. You don't feel good because if you have any if you're a decent person, you don't feel good to do good and everybody else is doing that. Like it does like if I if I have a if I have a Roles voice and I'm driving through the worst neighborhood, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't feel good about that. It's like I said, like, and I'm saying it's like you feel guilty.
Speaker 2: So you either remove yourself totally or you start to subconsciously self savatarge so.
Speaker 5: You can be on that level. And that happens all the time.
Speaker 11: I see all the time.
Speaker 2: You see people make very strange decisions and it's like, why you do that?
Speaker 3: They don't even know why they're doing that, but they're doing that because they want to be equal with their friends.
Speaker 2: They don't want to be the one friend that always gets the attention, that's outshining everybody.
Speaker 3: So we talk about business a lot.
Speaker 2: For us, it's extremely important to manage your relationships.
Speaker 3: I think, manage your relationships and build together. Yeah you know, I think we said that, yessay.
Speaker 7: We actually when we were recording the podcast, it was like, yo, as soon as you change your conversations, right, you're going to see that you will gain welcome of knowledge first.
Speaker 3: Right, change your conversations, man, And sometimes you got to get rid of some friends temperari I have to up perfectly. Oh yeah, make sure too, But can I put you all last ones in? Yeah?
Speaker 9: You know, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh cool, but you know what I like about these?
Speaker 17: So, first of all, it was an honor for me to be on this podcast period, right, because I was you asked Daves.
Speaker 3: We traveled a lot together.
Speaker 17: When I traveled the car, I don't listen to music, right, and let's just like something new just came out as a banger. But when I listened to you guys all the time on the way to the airport. In the airport and what was cool.
Speaker 3: When I got that inbox, that.
Speaker 17: Phone call, whatever it was, I was like, davey, look at this is crazy. So they was like, yo, when you want to come to York. I was like, nomorrow, Okay, tomorrow, just line it up. So when I got to New York and we pulled up and it was at the house, I was like, I like these guys even more so because it's an example of taking imperfect action.
Speaker 3: I'm in the dining room of a house on the top ten podcast.
Speaker 17: In the world, you know what I'm saying, So to be able to go out and take this perfect action.
Speaker 3: They didn't know Dave was helping them with the camera set up when we were in there, so they didn't even care. It was like, we're going to put this out and do it. We don't care if we know everything. We're just gonna do it.
Speaker 17: And you she'd look at these guys and take it as a testament to go out that everything you learned over this weekend, everything you're sitting there watching on YouTube and trying to perfect, don't perfect it.
Speaker 3: Take imperfect massive action. And if you do that, that's gonna put you in a position where you like these guys. They go from the dining room to the other wood floor in the NBA ring. So take imperfect. Actually give your guys around their partner. It takes a lot of guests to pick yourself on the past. I appreciate that. Thank you, thank you. I appreciate that. I appreciate that. Brother. All right, so before we wrap this.
Speaker 5: Up, we want to get some questions from my man Max.
Speaker 3: If you have a few questions. Crazy up you ever do you're posted Tim pretty rust really gotta site back. You're taking that you get watching all this with.
Speaker 2: Pep the question so he said on YouTube. He he posted on Instagram. He posted a site or used to one of them. He posted a site.
Speaker 3: Where it's a generate A lead generator, right, lead generator can take pretty like list created different. You're gonna hire that.
Speaker 17: It might be listsource dot com. Yeah, that's where you can find like So if you play with that and I have some videos on it. But if you play with it, like say you want to find out all.
Speaker 3: The houses that all right, may give an example we're gonna deep say, for example, if you want an owner of a house that is sixty five plus, that's a two story house that they own it for fifteen plus years.
Speaker 17: Well, in our business, those people are downsigns, called the baby boomers, so they don't.
Speaker 3: Need two stories. It's an empty nester now, so they want to downsize the house. So we can pull lists like that and contact people like that so that we can see if they're interested in selling. So list source you can create all types of lists, but that's that's where you can find with that, right, Yeah, quick question, bro, yes sir. From a content perspective, like, how do you decide what you're gonna put on high tub?
Speaker 11: What's you're gonna found you too?
Speaker 2: He said, he said, how do you decide what you're gonna put on Instagram and what you're.
Speaker 5: Gonna put on YouTube? As far as content? Yeah, so that's important.
Speaker 17: So we have we spent a lot of time, you know, you guys know it's a lot to put this stuff together. So what we do is we have a content model where we take it long format content. Right, So we've been traveling for the last whatever, right, so we got here. Dave's always got the camera. I've always miked up.
Speaker 3: So we take the long format of video, which you so he record for three days if you're gonna see a twenty minute video, So we'll take that twenty.
Speaker 17: Minute video and then we'll turn that into thirty pieces of content. Right, So we'll take a thirty minute video, and then I'll take fifteen second clips and put them on ig Story. I'll take one minute clips and put them on the regular IG.
Speaker 3: I'll also throw them on Snapchat. I'll put them on all these other places.
Speaker 17: But it always leads back to that main vertical of YouTube content, right, YouTube cuts to check right. The reason why I can keep putting out free information is because YouTube is gonna pay for the staff. I got four staff members that only deal with like putting out content and brand. So if I don't have the YouTube money over there, then I gotta slow down on the content for that. So everything we do, we have a big macro and we break it down to the micro pieces.
Speaker 3: The gutter model that's there, you go. That's why I gave one hundred and fifty thousand dollars to speak. We got a true question belief. That's I'll see you got a question, man, what's up? Yeah, I just wanted to a weird Yeah. Good, that's a health thank you. I've just tut to you yesterday talking BUSSI. But it was a little bit deeper in our partner.
Speaker 2: With my brothers, my older brother in Deep Blood as Oire life, the members good luck you.
Speaker 3: Know this because yeah, we never had a relationship. Seeing we've got together a business center. You know, we talked about other things.
Speaker 9: How we do live and.
Speaker 3: I'm leader. Now you're we're able to see if a better rout it. It's like a part of it.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it's was a lot deeper. And I saw a videos. I'm saying that somebody must be growing most.
Speaker 11: Like the music and it's a crazy play.
Speaker 3: That was a certain and now you getting we have.
Speaker 17: Well I appreciate that, man, congratulations because that that business sparked that conversation.
Speaker 3: For the guy that therapy patch you what up?
Speaker 9: Just stuff man, Matt, I'm making a yeah.
Speaker 3: But and we and here's the crazy thing.
Speaker 17: I used the same strategies that made me a lot of money here over there.
Speaker 3: So this is this is a je So I found out all the people that own land in Jamaica that are are we call America foreign right.
Speaker 17: So when you moved it, when you moved from Jamaica and go to America, most of them never come back and they owe taxes, right.
Speaker 3: So what we did is we we crossed reference all of that and we started reaching out to the people.
Speaker 17: Matter of fact, the lady I bought land from or late another piece of land I'm getting, she lives in Maryland.
Speaker 3: She paid her taxes in six years, so she was originally like, oh, we bought apart family, and then I was like, well, I give you some money for it now.
Speaker 17: And she already owned six years in back taxes. But unlike America, Jamaica doesn't really go after you aggressively for those taxes.
Speaker 3: So there's a slew of.
Speaker 17: Land in the entire Jamaica that people have moved back to America and they don't a lot of undeveloped projects underdeveloped, like.
Speaker 7: It seems like people had the idea to build like mansions and it just stopped.
Speaker 17: Yeah, a lot of this drug money that they get locked up and we try to think about people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean when they come to America, they.
Speaker 17: Get locked up and then you see a concrete marrion and is not nothing but like it cakes in I'm pretty nice.
Speaker 3: But in Cason right now, you can buy a quarter acre and put eight apartments on there.
Speaker 17: So you can put eight apartments on there for like almost four hundred thousand dollars and you'll make close.
Speaker 3: To a million dollars selling those.
Speaker 9: You know a lot.
Speaker 17: So if you own the land really clear and you start twenty percent of the project, so that could just be putting on the retaining wall.
Speaker 3: To make it will give you the rest of the money to build out the product. Similar like a hard money loan.
Speaker 17: They'll give it to you for twelve months so you can build out the product the product, and then when you sell you can repay them.
Speaker 3: So what you're saying is wholesale and lead twenty one is you make right.
Speaker 17: We may do like a smaller retreat of people that really want to go like get down, like treating perfect exactly, want it, take it perfect action.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would love that. That'd be dope, my fel I'm saying I'm not that was it not dope? That would not happen. What advice would you give someone wants to get started in whole sale but as a full time career in sales? And does it underestimate you? You know what it takes, the bill, the pipeline, Yeah you know, I can try nine to five time.
Speaker 17: And take you No, the mission step in the build systems, a car, about time to drive the job as a prospect, what advice would you lay?
Speaker 3: And I made a post. I believe this more than about you know, your excuses being bigger than you than you you're why so when those switch, No, I'm not picking on you because I think the same thing came from me. You Oh my bad.
Speaker 17: So what happens is you got to make that switch. You're saying you're busy from eight to five, what happened to the rest of the.
Speaker 3: Twenty four hours?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 17: So you got to you gotta carve that time out and find twoes that help you be somewhat present even if you're not right. So one is like regulars voymails, voicemails, r vms.
Speaker 9: Stuff like that.
Speaker 17: But you working at eight to five should never stop you from getting the bad because if you're gonna work eight hours for somebody else. I hope you're willing to go put in twelve yourself, come on.
Speaker 3: Right, and that's how you and you do that and you take that imperfect action. It's gonna switch man fast.
Speaker 5: And when you when you're working for yourself, it don't feel like work.
Speaker 3: Never, it's totally different. I'm working right now, feeling great.
Speaker 2: Like when you work, when you're working for somebody else, you're looking at your watch. When you're working for yourself, full sleep with the clothes on happens all the time. Time, It happens all time. Like it's a difference. It's a difference. So sleep ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, this is this is this is extremely humbling. But like I said, me and Destroyed and.
Speaker 2: The whole uner Leasion team we're nothing more than just vessels, regular people that just did it. Yeah, and it's like in eleven months, if we can come this far, every one of you can can do whatever you want to do. So if we can serve as any source of inspiration, motivation, whatever, we gladly take that because you know, it's something that we didn't have. We never knew anything about a podcast. We didn't know anything about still learning media training. We had no media training. We have none of that. So it's like sometimes you just gotta go and like you said, imperfect action.
Speaker 5: That's what it's about.
Speaker 17: And I'm gonna say something that what we're a part of now is gonna be spoken of out in history later.
Speaker 3: I promise you what we're going through right.
Speaker 17: Now and what we're doing for each other will be something they'll speak about.
Speaker 3: Thirty years from now. I mark my work.
Speaker 5: That's a sacrond.
Speaker 6: We we actually met him through one of our former alumni, Chris Coy. We had an event in d C in June, and now we met Ronnie. He just hit us one day in the summer like, yo, guys, I got an idea and.
Speaker 3: In all that August and I was like, that's the idea.
Speaker 2: That idea, it's a good and this this is all about once again, this is all about relationships, right. So it's like we met him and he told us he was originally from malvernon what so we we had that connection, but just a really a really really really just good dude. And we met him through another alumni, Chris Coy, was an NFL agent. He asked us to come to DC to speak to his NFL players. So we drove five hours to DC to speak to the players. He was there, we met him. So you don't understand how powerful networking is. You don't understand how powerful relationships are. Just without an expectation, without an expectation, Ye just meet somebody and established a relationship.
Speaker 5: Like, don't always look to see what they can do for you.
Speaker 2: Just establish a relationship, see what you can do for them. But you know what I'm saying, because it's like we own now, you know what I'm saying, Like he didn't do it. He didn't do it for that I did. So yeah, so you want to talk to the people and tell me about what you got going on.
Speaker 18: Because, like Derek, I don't really like this for Shot said most of it to be honest. I mean, the funny thing is, I don't listen to podcast until listen. I didn't listen TOAST.
Speaker 3: Until this one. My good friend Chris Corn, like you mentioned, he was one of the I think earlier episodes.
Speaker 5: Excuse me if he was one of the earlier episodes. And Chris hit me up.
Speaker 18: He was like, you know you aren't your leisure guys they I think you guys have met through a mutual I should.
Speaker 3: Want my net source.
Speaker 5: One of them is here as as.
Speaker 18: Well Sewan from Focus Market, Job Shark.
Speaker 2: And Alan Johnson from Killer Keller Real Estate. So anyway, Chris has hit me up and said, you know, these guys are incredible.
Speaker 5: You know, I don't know if.
Speaker 18: You've heard Chris on the podcasts. He's an centric guy, kind of like Ash Cash. So I took time to listen to that particular episode, went back her Derek's episode, and I was like, okay, So I started episode number.
Speaker 5: One and you know, and Matt, don't be so hard on yourself.
Speaker 3: The episode was good to man, that's what.
Speaker 18: But for me, a lot of these conversations, I mean, whatever you said earlier about the group text, put it on a.
Speaker 3: T shirt because that's hundred percent accurate my group.
Speaker 18: Texts literally, you know, more metaphorically, like it's not just the group text obviously, but those conversations have progressed into other things beyond just you know, talking sports and talking things that don't necessarily change your perspective or advantage point. So for me, you know, listening to these things and getting it back for free, it was on parallel you don't get that.
Speaker 5: And I've done you know, I grew up the money earning my running.
Speaker 3: It's a little different.
Speaker 18: But I also works corporate, right, so I get both sides, and this is still something that you can relate to.
Speaker 9: No matter what, you know, what outfit.
Speaker 18: I try to put it on in a particular days right, so you know I value what they bring.
Speaker 3: And you know a lot of us are propt meself.
Speaker 18: Down the line the networking events, so feel free to you know, say hello and you can engage that way.
Speaker 3: But I appreciate you guys to do just like a lot of.
Speaker 18: The other people said, and hopefully it grows too big embettery things for all of us, not just us.
Speaker 5: Put even in the alarm side, how do you work with them?
Speaker 9: Sometimes at some point down the line as well, a big shout out to I need everybody to do this right.
Speaker 3: I'll geed you how to go follow Capital Advanced Groups. They helped us put this together as well, So go follow them.
Speaker 7: On Instagram if you took a picture here now at the minute Capital Advanced.
Speaker 2: Group they are with the Capital with an O, Capital Elements Group Capital with.
Speaker 3: The oh yeah yeah. Definitely follow them and tag them into pictures man so that this could be document man, because just like Matt said, this is going to be a sort of man. This is crazy.
Speaker 9: We made it.
Speaker 10: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash p O d k A t z thirteen. Just go to indeed dot com slash p O d k A t z thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need