Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by Prize Picks. Sign up for Prize Picks today. Use that promo code leading Off. When you do, it's me Joey p that's the Welsh, and it's you the Peanuts, the Cracker Jacks hanging out. We've got a fun day plan for y'all today. Welsh and I are live today on the program. Just a reminder, we're not live tomorrow, but Wednesday. We have a very special MLB Draft podcast audio only, so if you watch us on the YouTube, youre gonna have to go over to the audio feed if you haven't subscribed to Fantasy Pros over there the MLB show, the MLB Fantasy of Fantasy Pros. It's so beautiful, it's so fun that way you can listen to it and check out all the amazing content. Because Welsh was going through all of the prospects. He's a big time prospect guy. Everybody knows that he's on TV this weekend talking about prospects. So it's nice to have not one, but two television celebrities here on the show today.
Speaker 2: First TV stars. Yeah, I'm very tired. I'm very tired from yesterday. And TV's fun, especially when there's a chance that they thought you were someone else. That is also the other like amazing thing.
Speaker 3: There's no yeah, tell me a story, because apparently they booked you, but somebody in the production pipeline thought that you were Chris Welsh, the ex picture and broadcaster, not Chris Welsh, the co host of Leading Off of the host of Prospect one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this is actually not the first or second time that this has happened. I feel like I need to start doing it. So I didn't even know this. So I was on CBS Sports HQ this weekend awesome by the way, with Larry Ridley. He was great, and you know, we're doing the thing blah blah blah, lots of stuff. And then I get a text halfway through from Frank Stanfol and Frank goes lo ol Chris Welsh the picture and I go what And then I see a text about it and at some point in the under overlay Chris Wells should get blah blah blah. Jim Boden was supposed to be on this and he wasn't and I was there, So maybe there's somebody that thought like they were getting that, and then there was a moment like after the first hit. I did like four hits with them, and there was a moment off like the first one they got in my ear and they're like, hey, Chris, what's your Twitter handle again? And I told it to them. I didn't think anything of it because this then happened like twenty minutes later. So there's like a chance that just one person. They were all awesome, by the way, but there one person was like, oh, awesome, we didn't get Boden, we got Chris Welsh.
Speaker 1: The pitch even better. I don't think I know.
Speaker 2: I'm aging, but I don't think I looked like I pitched in the early eighties. I don't think I have that look.
Speaker 1: But no, I don't know. I mean maybe with the mustache. For those of you who missed that show last week that.
Speaker 2: I actually think I looked a little bit younger with them.
Speaker 1: I think when you put the glasses on, that was really little look. But regardless your TV star now, no matter who you know, I should start pretending that I'm David Draymond from Disturbed, or you know, maybe I should go buy the Joe Pisapia, you know, the guitar player for the band Guster. Maybe somebody get in some fancy restaurants or something. You know, there's funny.
Speaker 2: There's this. There's a picture this weekend of like a lookalike Taylor Swift with Drake. If you did the thing with the lip.
Speaker 1: The little lippy thing one piercing you.
Speaker 2: If you walked around. I guarantee, if you walked around New York with the lippy thing, you would get people wanting to take your picture. One hour of walking with you, no less than ten autographs picture.
Speaker 1: I'm all for it. I have called, by the way, and made reservations at restaurants for pretending to be other celebrity people or taking care of it. I have done that in the past and then use the reservations for myself when I worked at the hotel and a lot of fancy people coming around with fancy places, so I would often, you know, say hey, you know I couldn't get into a restaurant, couldn't get into a place. I'll take care of it. I'll call from work and pretend that I'm making a reservation for somebody else, and you're like, hi, guys, yeah, executives coming in from X y Z. Yeah, yeah, I've done that.
Speaker 2: It's a good time.
Speaker 1: Let's get to some baseball talk, shall we, Because again, just to reiterate Wednesday, we're dropping the MLB Draft Podcast. On Tuesday, no show, no show live, We're taking the day off All Star Game. Everybody enjoyed themselves Thursday's and off day. Then Friday, Scott Boggman and myself we're gonna be here live on leading off. So if you want the live action, come join us again on Friday. Then back to business as usual next Monday. Just to give everybody an idea, So Monday here, Wednesday, audio only, MLB Draft Pod, Friday picking things up again, looking forward to the weekend, so everybody takes a little breath, a little reset'. Let's talk about what happened on the weekend. Mae Machado picking up some steam, back to back wins against the Mets there, so he had a nice pair of home runs. The overall stat line starting to come up a little bit. Still, some things obviously that are going, you know, to look bad at the end of the year because of the long stretch of well not being good. But nonetheless Padre's pitching looks really good too. Joe Musgrove really good performance. Seven k's and six shutout innings. Blake Snell another double digit K game, Welsh eleven strikeouts this time. I'm telling you the Blake Snell narrative is going to start to grow. I might have to, now that Clayton Kershaw's having some health issues, start to hedge a little bit with maybe a little Blake Snell share, little Blake Snell. Oh on the say, young man, that is a trip.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm staying hydre. Yeah, great baby. The manamn Chada thing. By the way, three straight months of boost on his average. He was down to two seventeen in May, hit two sixty two, up to four hundred this month, and he has more homers in July than he had in June and May combine. So it's just about these guys. Click and Savant. Page still looks pretty crappy, but it's just starting to move up. He's starting to, you know, get collected with all his stuff here. This is why you make those bets, all those guys, I mean under the biggest thing that that team had struggling with themselves is there was a collection of some of their best players that were struggling at the same time as one Soto Hitt an elite level. No, but Joe Musgrove looks great. They're pitching and it's all led by Blake Snell, which is the wildest. So all they're waiting for now is you Darvish to find his rhythm and that team's gonna be wild as we go into break with the Diamondbacks and Dodgers like tied. I think the Dodgers might be a half game up or they're tied with like a tiebreaker of playing the series going to the d Backs. But like this division is still wide, wide open, and the Padres are running. Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Padres, I'm telling you, if they can just get hot at the right time and just backdoor themselves into the playoffs, there're gonna be a lot to handle with Snell Musgrove and if Darvish can figure himself out. Also, I'm remiss. I want to give a shout out to our friend the Wonky Penguin, Kelly. You filled in for me Fridays or I could take a day off with the Kato's. We went to SmackDown at Madison Square Garden. We went to Italy and New York. We went to Madame Tusso's. We had a great time and a lot of wax celebrities. It was great. So Kelly does kick ass, and Kelly will be on the show more when I'm not so fear not, whether she likes it or not. The Wonky Penguin's gonna come back with more baseball talk.
Speaker 2: What was the creepiest of the wax figures? Was there one that really got.
Speaker 1: You to got me? Or that I took a few selfies with? Is that what you mean? Because I may or may not have taken a couple of selfies with myself and Scarlet Johansson. I'm just saying it may or may not have happened. It probably did happen. In fact, I think it did happen. That's what I'm gonna say about that. Let's move on to the next. Hazel's Lizardo. Let's talk about him. There, Well, the best one though there wasn't Eli Manning. So I did take a picture and said that to Debro because we always have the argument. I always call him Hall of Famer Eli Manning, which makes Debro upset. Hazel's Lozardo Welsh. Here we go again, six and a third nine strikeouts. I'm telling you, I want to hear you say it. He is elite? Can you say it now? After this performance and we got in there, you keep saying he's, well, he's kind of right around there.
Speaker 2: He's pretty close to elite.
Speaker 1: Can we just call him elite? Like? What are we waiting for here?
Speaker 2: Can we just you don't need my validation?
Speaker 1: I feel like I do. I feel like I want your validation. And I don't know why I'm having this issue.
Speaker 2: Two more starts. If he does this two more starts, I will call him elite. I would want to buy him.
Speaker 1: You know why.
Speaker 2: I would want to buy him too, because I don't think he lives in that territory of elite, so the cost isn't in that. So it's like a second half buy. I think it's a great person buy. It's not someone I'm trying to sell. There's a borderline. Like I think Blake Snell is the most difficult because I was the buyer. I think I put him twice in the buy videos in the first half. I was buying. Now he's so good, it's like, oh my god, they're gonna keep being this good. This might if you are the seller type and you like to move these type of guys where I don't think Hazus Lozardo is someone that is so good that's not sustainable. Not saying that Blake isn't also not sustainable, but I would like to buy Hazu's Lizardo for the potential that he is elite in the second half, because he doesn't come at that cost right now.
Speaker 1: Well, just so you know, Blake Snell is the fourth pitcher in strikeouts, tied at least with chovo Otana one third two right behind him at one twenty nine has Lizardo the Jesus lizard. That's right. I just wanted to take a quick look too, because I want to take a look see about the play of future is on betting pros and see where Blake Snell's best number is. Right now, you want to take a guess what that number is now for Cy Young, for Blake Snell. Just want to throw that out to you. It was plus thirty three hundred where it opened. No, it is not six to one. It is still plus eighteen hundred. You can get it. You can get it at Caesar's at plus eighteen hundred on betting pros plus twelve hundred on bet MGM and FanDuel who's above and a d DK is already a plus nine to fifty, still above him usual suspects. Kershaw is at plus four hundred, Gallon at plus two fifty, Stryder at plus five seventy five, and then Blake Snell. So I'm just saying, Blake Snell, if he keeps on this path, it's gonna be him and Strider at the end. Now, I made the early investment on Strider and Gallon. I'm still happy with that. I hedged on Kersh. I usually don't hedge at all, but now with the Kershaw injury, I feel like my hedge with Kershaw is looking dicey. So I'm concerned. So I'm watching this number very closely. Y'all should be watching it too. Steven matts or season high nine strikeouts five and a third on Sunday for him, so he kind of working his way potentially back into good graces now that it matters for the Cardinals. Shoe Heo Tani went three for four over the weekend, hit his thirty second home run. Unbelievable. TikTok shoe Heo Tani trade tick talk. Spencer Strider another great performance for him to eleven strikeouts six and a third. I'm telling you the Blake SNeW Spencer Strider strikeout props. Even when these numbers are eight and a half. Dare I say nine and a half. You gotta go the over, which is crazy right now, but Welsh, that's where we're living. I want to talk about this too because we got some rookie lookie stuff to talk about. Again. Just a reminder if you're just joining us live Wednesday, we're gonna drop an audio only podcast. MLB Draft was fun. Scott Bogman was there. I can't wait to talk to him live about it and see takeaway was.
Speaker 2: He'll be and this is what it's gonna be great about you guys talking with bugs. He was at the draft, he was at the Futures game. He's going to the home run derby tonight, and he's going to the All Stars. I mean, he got the whole strip. He's going to everything.
Speaker 1: So he will what good insight, show me what life looks like with no children for a thousand, It's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, show me the privilege time. Oh He's like, I'm just like, hey, what are you doing? He's like, you're staying up late, eating horrible food, taking ubers and just having the time of his life. Like I'm like, oh, that's great, man, I hope you're.
Speaker 1: Having freaking jealous so freaking jealous of him, rookie. Looky, Miguel Vargas got sent down to Triple Egg. Now he has not been good, So we'll see if he can get right. We'll see if they recall him after the break, if they want to get more at bats or not. I don't know what's going to go on here. Pay closer to attention to this. We had this little discussion right about well, you can move Max Munsey the second if you take on the run Dome contract. By the way, the Rendon contract thirty eight million dollars and twenty four thirty eight million dollars and twenty five thirty eight million dollars in twenty twenty six. Do you imagine how much money is still left on that deal?
Speaker 2: You know, I do like the idea. I'm still going to hold to this, Like I just, oh, Donny, he's not getting traded, but if he were, that team one hundred percent wants to put Rendon, you know, feet to the fire. Into trade, Like, if you're gonna take on Antony, you got to take this.
Speaker 1: But I don't even think you could take all of it, just a portion of Rendon.
Speaker 2: I don't see how a team does any of that. That is, I think they.
Speaker 1: Think a worship of tracks. It is going to be what I mean, it's so funny. We keep looking back in the Nationals after the World Series, they had that dividing line of what they were gonna spend money on, and they had a choice. It was Strasburg or Rendome, and there turns out that there was no good answer. The correct answer was Juan Soto, but instead they played around. They pussy footed around with that and won. Soto ended up getting too a bad spot and then you had to end up trading him, and I guarantee you they regret that decision. That was the my only worst decision.
Speaker 2: Problem with that is the Angels can if they were to make this move, they cannot afford for it to look bad. So the problem is is if you put Rendon in it, it lessens what you would get in return, and they're not going to be able to sell that to anybody. There's no chance they do that. I think Rendon can't be involved in it because they need to get the biggest freakin' hall that they possibly can.
Speaker 1: If you're going to rebuild the Angels organization, as important as it is to have you know, a wealth of prospects, if you had to maybe get one big prospect or two as opposed to three or four and get them to take a piece of the Rendount contract, that frees you up, I think a lot more as an organization, does it not?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I know it frees you as an organization, But to be like, okay, you could get you know, three huge impact prospects close to the majors and two more, or if you get rid of Rendon and have a little bit more financial flexibility, you can just get to one really great prospect in another. I think people would be pissed. I think people would be pissed if this doesn't look as big or bigger than the ones, so trade even though.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be pissed anyway.
Speaker 2: But it's not gonna happen, so it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: So well it's gonna happen, They're gonna be pissed anyway, so you might as well do whatever's best for the organization. Jackson Holiday, by the way, got a promotion from double A to uh. Well, from no single high h double single A to double A pardon to Bowie uh which is where everybody sings like David Bowie. There he is slashing three, fourteen, four, fifty two, four, eighty eight, five dingers, thirty five or seventeen steals, also fifty four strikeouts to fifty walks over fifty seven games. Are you happy with the progress from Jackson Holiday? If you're a Dynasty owner right now, you were.
Speaker 2: About to do fifty five burgers fifty five shicks. You know what's funny about that? I was doing I did a show with a Stanfull and CBS and we were talking about the guys that just got drafted, and in the conversation it was like, oh, you know, there's some of these college guys and you know they're probably not, you know, gonna be pushed super hard next year or anything like that. And I was like, well, one year ago today, High School Jackson Holiday, High School, Jackson High was drafted and he's in double A. That means he's going to potentially produce next year, like he is in contention for.
Speaker 1: Could he get bumped again. Could he cause me a triple a bump if he had Let's say, let's say July goes crushingly, well.
Speaker 2: Absolutely can make the jump if he If he goes July August and then September comes in you one hundred. I guess there's a minimal stuff in September, but one hundred percent could get one more boost. I can almost guarantee you he's going to the Arizona Fall League. Like I'm starting to kind of collect in my mind the players that will play in the Fall League. They talked about it on the broadcast. Max Mayer is one that we know is planning to go to the Fall League. Jackson Holiday will be there because he is going to be in contention for a spot next season. He is as soon as Ellie graduates, it's my number one prospect. Ellie's gonna probably graduate early next week and he will be my number one Dynasty prospect as far as prospects go.
Speaker 1: Question for you on that discussion when it comes to Jack and Holiday making this jump and potentially being there, does that make Jordan Westburg potentially available in a trade for more starting pitching help for the Baltimore Oo's this year because the Orioles are in it. I know Gibson had a good performance this weekend. I know, you know, some of the other pitchers have had their moments. Grayson Rodriguez could also just you know, be brought up and they could say, okay, well that's our move. But do you think that they trade one of these infield prospects that they have since holiday is you know, on that fast track to acquire a starting pitcher maybe for this year and next, Like could they be looking at a g lead or could they be looking at somebody like that who you know, potentially could help them for a year plus.
Speaker 2: Definitely possibility. I don't want to be like no, but one of the reasons they could have brought them up to start, you know, showcasing them. A lot of teams are going to look for like major league ready prospects in these type of trades, especially big ones. Someone in the chat just said cease to Baltimore. There's actually been a Arizona Diamondbacks Jordan Lawler for cease rumor that's floated around. I would say, Seeson Baltimore would make the same sense that you know, if you've got these major league ready guys that are showing that they can play at the level. Then it makes him, I think, exponentially more valuable for teams. So is it possible? Yes, Are they gonna do that? I tend to think no. But they do have a glut. You know, Gunner Westburg, You've got Connor Norby that's coming soon, and Jackson Holiday all vying for essentially three positions to mention some of the major leaguers they have got there. So if they wanted to do it, I do think someone like Westburg or Colton Kowser could become available. I just don't think they will.
Speaker 1: I think you got a surplus. That team has been so irrelevant for so long. A playoff run in Baltimore would be a really good thing for that fan base. I think you have the Again, I wouldn't do it for a rental. It was a guy you can control for another year. I think it's a really good move potentially for them. All Right, Anthony is begging us the biggest question. So Anthony, here we go. Second place right now, twelve team keeper thirty round league can keep up to three guys. Brett Baty I can keep in around twenty four next year. He hold or drop. Well, it's hard about seeing the rest of the roster.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say it without seeing it. No, I would agree three guys Brett Baty, which would better guys. But yeah, we don't know what the options are. I imagine, yeah, I imagine there are three better guys, even with the rounds concern.
Speaker 1: Even not even looking I agree, there's gotta be otherwise you're in a bad, bad position there now. Look injury wise, there are a couple things to get to Brandon Woodriff through a bullpen session. He's aiming for the early August return. We'll see again. If you need help now and you have Woodrof on your roster, deal him now before he has a setback when things all look rosy, potentially for him coming back in August. I know, potentially looking at him for August in September is exciting. But if you need help now in July through August, in the beginning of August, I think this is the opportunity you have to get out from Brandon Woodriff if you want to. Infielder Ryan Mountcastle went to the ten day I excuse me, was activated from the ten day il Drew Rasbusen he ain't gonna be pitching for a while. You surgery to repair the elbow there. So now we have a precarious situation here for the Tampa Bay Rays. The Rays don't have Jeffrey Springs, he's gone with Tommy John. You don't have Rasmussen, he's gone elbow surgery as well. TODs Bradley, young guy, pitched very well. You have glassnew back. He's hurt every day with something.
Speaker 2: I think I got hurt a couple of days.
Speaker 1: I know there's I feel like there's certain guys that have that. You know that that injury tag, it's just right as part of their name. I feel like it's right there. I the redone, Like, if you don't see the injury tag, I'm all, we're wondering, what the hell's going on? What's wrong? But with McClanahan also on the io with the back issue, I know they're saying, oh, he's gonna be fine. We're just getting on some extra rest. They also break blah blah blah. I've heard that before. Are the Raised in trouble at all here down the stretch?
Speaker 2: I think they should make a move. I think they should one hundred percent look at it. You want to talk about another team that's just got a glut of guys in the info. They just brought up Jonathan Ronda, who's been really killing it in the miners. You've got guys like Fidal Breuhun. The Rays will hold on to these players as long as they possibly can and then there But there is this sense I think around baseball where it's like, well, when the race will trade somebody, is that a bad look? I think they should just be floating some of these players out there, any of them, Brandon low they should look at I don't I guess you wouldn't want to trade like, you know, the Josh Lowe's and Yondi's who have been up of course not but these other guys that you could move for some type of help. And this team seems to clean up these guys that have messy stuff in general, So I would be poking around. They've got to find some depth if anything, because you can't just like about.
Speaker 1: Stroman makes sense there?
Speaker 2: You know what I was about to say, why would the Cubs trade him? But there's a whole contract negotiation stuff. Stroman would make crazy sense right with his newfound ability to go deeper into games, his strikeouts have been up. I think it's the sweeper.
Speaker 1: Plus he loves to take it to the big market clubs. Let him go pitch against the Yankees and the Red Sauce and all that.
Speaker 2: Raised guy though, you know what I'm saying, Like you know when you.
Speaker 1: Envision, No, he has a personality, So no, you're right.
Speaker 2: A player that would be on the rais.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe Anthony. By the way, has Abbott, Bradley, Jordan Walker. I would stop right there. Those are three guys I would take over, baby. So there you go. Done. Problem solved. One more injury note, Andrew Painter's right elbow didn't reveal any structural damage. He felt some pain there, so they wanted to do some extra scans. Everything looked good there. The other thing that looked really good this weekend was Ellie de la Cruz, the viral moment where he stole second, he stole third, he stole home, he stole my heart Welsh. Prior to Elie dela Cruz, the last time an MLB player stole second, third, and home with the same batter at the plate was July fourteenth, nineteen fifteen, when the A's allowed White Sox pitcher Red Faba unindebated as a stall tactic with the game not officially in the books, and a storm brewing, so they thought the game was going to get canceled, so they let the picture from the.
Speaker 2: Thought too, because the announcers are like, what was his name?
Speaker 1: What was his name?
Speaker 2: Again?
Speaker 4: It's Red Faber, look at him, Red bar Okay, Red Favor, he's that first man. Red Fable's going to second, Red Favors going to there is Red Favor gonna be still at home. We got to get the police. Here's still in here. Red Favor had stolen all that base.
Speaker 1: Gentlemen round, bye, oh boy, that fella show is fast. Oh well, don't you know it. The skies have opened up. Looks like this one is going half to unfortunately a little rangeler.
Speaker 2: I think he might have ran first a second in seven point four seconds. That's a great time for nineteen fifteen.
Speaker 1: Nineteen fifteen there and they're wearing nineteen fifteen complete wool uniforms in the middle of July, building jackets and like big warm hats and it's a snowsuit flapping.
Speaker 2: Johnson just threw fifty five miles an hour. That's the fastest pitch We've seen all season.
Speaker 1: Flappy Johnson, were flapping Johnson.
Speaker 2: He's a player.
Speaker 1: Flappy jo Jnson can't touch that one. La de la Cruz. Also, by the way, little history, he's become the only major league player in history with forty hits fifteen steals in their first thirty games. Welsh, Now, I want to ask you this question because you mentioned about rankings, and you know where you have guys.
Speaker 2: Potentially as to what you're about to ask.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, I'm gonna ask you some names. I want to see where La sluts in. Here to the dynasty rankings on fantasypros dot com. Ronald Coon is one. What he slots in, he slots in. I'm not talking about Lopi Johnson anymore.
Speaker 2: We're talking about I didn't know what that something completely different.
Speaker 1: I thought you Ronalcuni is the one right dynasty, Yes, yep. Wan Sota is currently two. Show Hayes three. You want to play around you want Otani is the.
Speaker 2: Two dynasty ranks right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm talking dynasty ranks.
Speaker 2: I have Otani as one if you can do daily movie get Otherwiseuna, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, Wan Soto as three Julio is four, Kyle Tucker's five, Alvarez a six. Then you have Laddie, Fernando Tattoos at eight, Trey Turner, Raphael Devers, and Jose Ramires is eleven. Where does Elie de Lacruz slot in here? In your opinion? Is he five?
Speaker 2: Okay? We also want to say, well, Corbyn Carroll is five. Corbyn Carroll is right behind Julio or above. If you're really.
Speaker 1: Looking either way, I'm sorry I wasn't here to hold your hand during the Corbyn Carroll issue earlier on Friday. I saw that and then I was like, oh my god, Welsh, I was I want to do a wellness check on you. I was concerned. It looked bad. It looked really, really bad.
Speaker 2: Well, I can't get over it because people were like after the fact, everyone was like, oh my god, Welsh's most and someone said was it the biggest overreaction of all time? And I was like, oh, it looked terrible.
Speaker 1: And I can only assume it was Scar Tissue that always played him what you They.
Speaker 2: Played him all week in crazy this craziness. But I think Ellie in a dynasty, I mean, in my dynasty, I don't have him in the top ten yet, but I think he can be. I want to see the rest of the season. This stuff is crazy, but like you could argue that he's like right before guy like Bobachett and Bobaschett is gonna sit somewhere between, probably like eight and you know ten on most Dynasty lists. If you wanted to take Ellie over Mike Trout and Bryce Harper and you know, Raphael Devers, I think you can because of where he's going, But there's still like some warts.
Speaker 1: Uh you know, the way I take full season, I take Otani, I probably still take Julio Juan Soto. Yes, five is where I start to have a conversation over Tucker over Alvaz because again with Alvarez, incredible power hitter. But it's not gonna give you this the only basis.
Speaker 2: And you take Ellie over Corbyn Carroll in Dynasty, uhro.
Speaker 1: That probably not. But there's a real conversation to be had there because of because of size of Ellie de la Cruz and filling out that frame as opposed to Corbyn Carrol in the smaller frame, how that holds up over time, and they're both super young so it's not as big of a deal right now, but in four years from now, if you're in the startup dynasty, it's a much different conversation.
Speaker 2: A little side thing, this is smart of them Tops, you know fanatics Tops. They do this Tops now thing where they get instant reaction things. The logic was amazing on this. They made a card from the Weekend that set that had three bases on it, and they were the actual bases, each one that he stole.
Speaker 1: The enormous, giant, oversized basis.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, but they're little, they're little pieces of the base on the card and it was in celebration. But they were selling them for five hundred dollars and they sold every single one of them.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they did. Yeah, I'm sure they did. Sure, some kid probably thought they were dumb and ended up just eating one of them. So apparently, when I wasn't here on Friday, you were talking trash about me at the Corman Carol Injury. What did I do to deserve this? This is what the chat is saying.
Speaker 2: No, I think I blamed you.
Speaker 1: I blame oh you blamed me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you were my fault.
Speaker 1: Because I I was Oh, I wasn't here. Therefore Corbyn, Carrol got hurt.
Speaker 2: That makes you took the day off in corporate out Is I one hundred percent blame you?
Speaker 1: Okay? So here we go. If you want the full giant show breakdown of the Home Run derby, go to Betting Pros on YouTube. You can watch the video. It's up there right now. I even tweeted it earlier at Joe Piece of PS seventeen. You can listen to the pod as well. Let's do a little quick run through here. What's going on. Alonso's at the top of the board obviously on this one here at plus three twenty, you had Vlad three fifty right now, Luis Robert plus four hundred, Julio plus five hundred. Then to me Rose Randy Rosraine at plus nine fifty is the way I like to go. He's on the easier side of the bracket. He has his own power, he creates. He has got the stamina to go through the time diversion of the Home Run Derby, which I think is freaking exhausting. I know everybody who loves Pete a Lonzo. I love Peede a Lonzo. He's a great story. I'm putting money on Randy Rosrain at plus nine fifteen. I'm putting money on Julio plus five hundred. I like the returns, I like the investment there. Welsh, just for everybody out there to give your little spiel about this, and we'll look at some of these other home run props we could do in the derby real quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was just trying to like mess around and find a fun way to approach this, because what the hell do we know. I actually think the Julio at home, with the struggling year, just going all out, that could be a fun one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm actually kind of down with that. Peede Alonzo I think is a safe bet. I was trying to find some little like analytical thing to it. So I went and dug and I found three pieces that led me to this player. Fifteen percent barrel rate, fifty percent hard hit rate looking for guys that were in this, and a projected home run rate of five more homers in Seattle's ballpark a Doulas Garcia. Because fun fact, peed Alonzo actually projected for less homers than he hit in the expected home runs in Seattle, where a Doolas has five more projected, so he was the only player in the derby that had that barrel rate of fifteen percent or higher and a fifty percent hard hit rate and then also on top of it the projected So I'm going with a it's actually kind of fun that both of our guys former Cardinal Minor league prospects together I.
Speaker 1: Bring against each other in the bracket too.
Speaker 2: So my bet is Pete Alonzo and Adolas Garcia. If I'm putting money down, and.
Speaker 1: Look, you can live bet this too. So if you want to wait to see who comes out of that bracket first and then bet them, you can do that as well. That's the fun about the derby. The live betting of the derby can be a good time.
Speaker 2: So, by the way, because we said all of that, it will be Adlely Richmond now because everybody.
Speaker 1: I like a Rosa Raina still, I'm really going living that dream right now. Also, before we get to a couple other fun bets we're gonna throw out there, don't forget prize picks. Sign up today, use that promo code leading off for prize picks. Get one hundred percent deposit match up to one hundred dollars when you do. Also go play some so rare fantasypros dot Com slash collect it's fun, it's fantasy, it's free. You have your players, you keep them forever. They are your magical players that you are going to create your roster with and compete in our league at fantasypros dot com slash Leading Off League. So try so rare today, Welsh. Some fun things you can bet on with the Derby tonight you have. I hate betting on the All Star Game. It's a waste. Don't ask me about it. I don't do it. You can do the pairings, which is fun. So Julio and a Rose Arena. You can get plus twenty three hundred on that right now. I love that. This is for the pairings of like the pairings at the end the finals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the finals. So it's guy beats other guy exactly.
Speaker 1: So if you want, you could also you could throw some you know, a unit at three or four of these combinations. Like if you like Pete Alonzo on one side and you like Garcia on the other, you can do a couple, you know, iterations of you know, different combinations of those guys getting through beating Adulus.
Speaker 2: Garcia is plus thirteen hundred and then you've got like Randia Rosorina beating piece Alonzo, there's huge odds if you wanted.
Speaker 1: To play really fuck a couple of those really fun stuff there. Again, those are over and you can check them out over on FanDuel side. I know, and they have got him. But also player to hit the longest home run is a fun one. Glad is the favorite a plus two forty. Pete Alonzo is a plus three forty. Louis Robert plus four. Hunt you want to dabble here A Rosorinas seven to fifty, Garcia seven hundred. Julio is plus seven hundred. I wonder about Garcia for this at plus seven. To me, that's a fun one.
Speaker 2: Oh, I like that. I didn't even see this one. Yeah, I mean again, I would go with Doles. I actually also like Robert. I think Roberts someone plus four. But if I want to make this bet and I want the odds on it, Adules at plus seven hundred is a really good bet, by the way, yours, if you wanted to play this, Joe Julio over a rosorinaut plus twenty three hundred for the finals.
Speaker 1: So I like that. Yeah, So lots of fun ways there to break that all down. So go watch the Derby tonight, enjoy the baseball again. If you want me full twenty five minute breakdown of the derby, Welsh and I did a great job of that. We also went through some of the prop bet tips too. If you're struggling with some of that, go check that out, because Welsh and I did about, you know, five minutes on how to really look for prop bets and use the f the VP tools, excuse me, to use the prop bet analyzer and use the prop bet chi chip you know, in the right way in order to really maximize your investments. So go check that out. It's a good help there. Enjoy the Derby tonight, enjoy the All Star Game tomorrow again Wednesday, keep an ear out an ear out for our MLB draft recap micro cast. We're gonna be doing here, well should I are gonna go record that tomorrow. Welsh is the prospect one guru. Uh not a picture, not a picture, I can.
Speaker 2: Tell you that.
Speaker 1: And then on Friday we'll be back live again. Scott bothering to myself getting all of the fun recap of all the festivities. I can't think of a better person to have on while Welsh is on vacation. So Welsh is gonna work on his grip there and who knows, you could be the next Floppy Johnson. That'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids, enjoy the all Star break.
Speaker 2: Good night, everybody.