Speaker 1: You know who's gonna be pissed they didn't think of that is Logan Paul. He's gonna steal that gimmicks. Oh my god, he's stealing that one hundred yeah, and then you're gonna go no.
Speaker 2: You gotta get your hands on him in real life. That's the only way you can stop him.
Speaker 3: Man, only way.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, are you Ready's about to hit the fan?
Speaker 1: Welcome to on Sanctioned Thursday's are wrestling with Ready.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to the show that you guys asked for, that you guys got and we keep it going because you guys keep listening. Unsanctioned And today we start our series where we're shining a light on some of the hard working talent in the independent wrestling scene. And today is our very first guest and his name is Vinnie Pacifico. Welcome to the show. Vinnie. How are you, sir?
Speaker 3: Doing very well? Thank you for having me, happy to be here.
Speaker 2: How often do you work out? Because you're swol as hell, bro.
Speaker 3: Appreciate that pretty much. These days a week, I have one active recovery day.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to get in good shape. I'm forty eight years old. I've been busting eyes at the gym and I did a move wrong and I hurt my back and it's been screwed for a week. And it's the most mentally depressing thing I've dealt with in a long time.
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 2: I was doing the sled press and I used my back instead of just the chest, and I felt a pinch right away, and I was like, yeah, I'm old. This is going to take a while to recover from. But I was doing so good man, and now I'm hurt and old and broken. But you're young and you're in good shape, sir. I want to talk to you about what it's like to go from being a fan of something you love to doing that same thing you were a fan of. So I grew up loving pro wrestling and Jeff grew up loving pro wrestling, but we didn't ever wrestle. I got to work for WWE in different capacity and work with talent, but I never got to like wrestle right, which would which was like every kid's dream watching Rick Flair throw a figure four on Ricky the Dragon Steamboat and going no, Ricky, don't tap please, Like that's everyone's dream. To go from that to the guy in the ring the kids are screaming, no, don't tap. I wonder if you can talk to me about that, because I know you were a fan of wrestling and now you you still are. Like I'm a fan of movies. I like acting in a man watching them. But to go from being a fan to becoming that, what's that like?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: So I started my training at fourteen. I was playing football most of my life and I was a fan, of course wrestling. And I just said my father, Hey, I love football. I was playing for my high school football team. I said, Dad, I love this, but I want my wrestling. I believe I don't try for my dream, or I don't try this. I won't ever. I don't want to. I don't want to look back in my life and have any regrets.
Speaker 1: You know, did your dad know about pro wrestling or was he thinking, yeah, you can go for the wrestling team and you're like, no, no, no, pro wrestling?
Speaker 3: He knew, yeah, yeah. We would go to wrestling hurde all the time together, you know, And so I told him that. He was very supportive. We went to a meet and greet with Brian Danielson in the city of New York in New York City, and I was like thirteenth a time I said, Hey, I'm wrestle. I acted for his insight or his advice or just words of encouragement. He was so encouraging and he.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you meant the nicest wrestler in the world to get you into wrestling. Lucky.
Speaker 1: Then that's also why the East Coast is so much cooler than the West Coast when it comes to wrestling. Like being from Jersey or New York or any of like Florida. You tell your dad you want to get into pro wrestling, and he's like, yeah, let's find his school and let's find If I told my dad I wanted to be a pro wrestler, like in Washington State, he'd been like, what are you talking about? No, go get a mop, stupid, you don't get nobody wrestles like that was like so outside.
Speaker 2: The realm of whatever. But I love this. I keep going, sorry, well.
Speaker 3: No, of course I was. He My father's amazing and he really uh. I gave him old credit in the world because he didn't know. He was an unknown world for him, you know, he was he was a quarterback. I was a quarterback playing football for the football team, and we were just so aligned with that. But he put his trust in to me and he, uh he got me into it and he was there every step of the way. He would drive me to training every week until I drove And yeah, I just I'm very blessed to have had that support that early on, because I know some people might not have that and I wouldn't be where I am now without it. So yeah, and then, uh so once I began training with the Ring of Honor, that was when everything changed for me in my whole life. You know, I grew as a man, I grew as a performer, I grew as I just grew it every which way possible.
Speaker 2: Is that where you started.
Speaker 3: I started at ETPW and then I changed just into Ring of Honor around like seventeen or eighteen.
Speaker 2: Wow, dude, it's seventeen years old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then I worked for them from when I was like eighteen or nineteen until I was twenty and then COVID happened. But uh yeah, it was just an amazing EXPERI in me getting to be in that atmosphere that young and beat and learn from, you know, delirious Jonathan Gresham, Cheeseburger, Red Titus, and Wilferrara. Those are the best people that learned from I also great human beings to to uh have in my corner and have in my ear. So I was just I was very blessed to be an a spot.
Speaker 1: Would you guys do during COVID do you guys?
Speaker 2: Wow? How did that work?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 3: I mean during COVID wrestling were very slow, So I kind of focused on my personal life, my family because I was always traveling. It was since I was like seventeen and I started debuting and just hitting the road. I never stopped. I was traveling every week. So I kind of just took the time during COVID whenever I can wrestle, I wrestled, but I send the time to grow my relace with my now wife. Took the time to travel like and like I've always travel and wrestled, but I made sure to travel and to core places and you know, just to enjoy the area, you know, and do a lot of family stuff because I didn't get the chance to do that when I'm always traveling.
Speaker 4: Nice, so I wanted to look Japan is my favorite place in the world, Okay, and you wrestled there.
Speaker 2: How old were you when you went to NJPW.
Speaker 3: I worked for New Japan last year, but Lou was in the States.
Speaker 2: Oh, it was in the States, so you have you haven't had the culture shock of traveling over there yet.
Speaker 3: I went to the Japan last in December, all.
Speaker 2: Right, So tell me about Did you wrestle there or were you just going to visit?
Speaker 3: I worked for Jato in Japan and I wrestled and it was phenomenal. It was Yes, the culture shock was there.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: First of all, the beauty of Japan is just something you can't even explain, right. The wrestling. I love gritty, technical wrestling, and that's what we have to do out there. And the crowd was great. It was just such an amazing experience. But New Japan and the States had a lot of the same atmosphere. I felt like the passion from the crowd that you get from Japan felt very similar to when I was working for New Japan in Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: Do you find the crowd cheers for different things in Japan as opposed to what the crowds on the East Coast prefer, Yes.
Speaker 3: So I would I would compare slightly Japan with the Northwest because they appreciate character or things that are different so much as well. So part of my character, I use energy drinks to fuel up my own and the company and people of the people in Japan. They were screaming at that, like I had the drink in the corner, and the crowd in Japan was just so like, get the drink, at the drink and it was so cool that eat for power, Eat for power.
Speaker 2: It's like pop out the sailor man getting his spinach. Man, I love that shit.
Speaker 3: Finally got it. The place erupted.
Speaker 1: You know who's gonna be pissed they didn't think of that is Logan Paul. He's gonna steal that gimmick. Oh my god, he's stealing that one hundred.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you're gonna go no that thing. You got to get your hands on him in real life. That's the only way you can stop him. Man, only way people get listen. People artists gets stolen from paint like Picasso stole from Modiyani. People don't like to talk about or Modigliani is the only way Americans know who he is. But Modiyani was his real name, and he stole from him, not only his art but his style sometimes as well. And that was like when he was doing things in a more African style, that was all coming from Modiani. Like, artists are always going to steal every day.
Speaker 1: My jokes are on memes on Instagram every single day.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I, that's my bit. They just rapped up anyway. But you know no, but even guys like like great coaches like Andy Reid will admit it. He goes, oh, I steal from college all the time. I see a play that I like. I totally. He doesn't give the other coach credit. He just steals. The artists steal. But now we don't point. We have a time stamp.
Speaker 1: Yes, now everyone talked about this and Vinny did it first. Logan Paul, if you if you try to take it, you little squeaky creep.
Speaker 2: This is Venice's baby.
Speaker 1: If you want to fight him, you can find him. But he's got something better than prime Son.
Speaker 2: Outside of wrestling, where do you find a lot of passion, Where do you find a lot of peace? What other interest do you have that you focus on or is it all wrestling? Twenty four to seven?
Speaker 3: A lot of it is wrestling, but I really do enjoy helping others. That makes me very happy. You know, I work for my side job. I work as a bus driver for special needs children. I enjoy that.
Speaker 2: You know, bro, if you'd like the sweetest dude, you're sweeter than Brian Danielson. What the hell?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: I love again? I right? Travel I love to Just it's wrestling mostly, but I do. I love traveling. Traveling is amazing. I love superhero movies, horror movies. I actually I filmed the movie this year, my first ever movie.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, What do you mean you filmed? Do you acted in it? Produced it, directed it, We.
Speaker 3: Acted in it. I acted it. It's going to be coming out very soon. A wrestling movie, but it's hard to this bit of horror element to it and hold.
Speaker 2: On, it's a horror wrestling movie. Oh my god, I love this. Is it like happening during like a night where they're gonna be like an actual event.
Speaker 3: I don't don't spoil it.
Speaker 2: Don't spoil it. No, don't spoil it. Don't spoil it. I actually want to watch it.
Speaker 3: I don't know for sure about all the details, but I do know that's something that I've been really invested in. You know how how my character in wrestling gets to react to things that I wouldn't react in the wrestling show, you know, because it's a movie. It's a different scenario, different different timelines, just different everything. But it's still powerful. It's still the character who I am as a wrestler in a movie, and you see it much deeper.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I'm very grateful for this opportunity because it's it's it's it's me as a wrestler, but just put into a movie format with the real story that can't get behind you know, absolutely. Yeah, It's something that I've been really diving deep into, just like I've been watching about the horror movies to see different ways people react to things. Yeah, I just love horror. I love comedies. That's what I love to do it.
Speaker 2: I love the gym, of course, the gym.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: I can tell bro you thick, How old are you, Vinny? Twenty five years old? Dog? You have so much time to chase this dream. You're so you've been doing it since you were fourteen.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I wish you nothing but success, I wish you nothing but health. I wish you nothing but continued energy. Drinks and nobody's stealing that idea because I love that gimmick. I think that's so slick. I think it's so slick, and we'll call his ass out if he steals.
Speaker 1: I got your back, dude, I'll be I'm pretty loose lipped.
Speaker 2: I got you awesome.
Speaker 3: I'm not afraid you very much. I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Guys, Vinny, where can people follow you on social media or do you do that stuff? Yes?
Speaker 3: Instagram is Vinnie Pacifico, Twitter Vinnie Pacifico one, and Facebook Vinnie Pacifico and TikTok also Vinnie Pacifico.
Speaker 1: We were watching the producer centers a bunch of your stuff so we could watch before we got to talk to you and meet you, and learned that that's your real name, Vinnie Pacifico, not just a great wrestling name that Vince made up. It's your actual name, which is pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're definitely born to be a wrestler. Dude, what's she all? The best?
Speaker 1: Brother, You're the man.
Speaker 2: Although Vinny Pacifico the quarterback would have sounded cool too, Man, Pacifico for sixty yards, that would have been good. All right, man, thank you very much for being on the show. Everybody tune in every single Thursday. Thank you for making these shows special for us. Tune in every Wednesday for our regular show as well on behalf of Vinnie Pacifico, Mister Jeff Di, I'm Freddy Prince Junior telling everybody pea. This has been a production of Iheart'smichael Toura podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.
Speaker 1: I love you