Speaker 1: The government sends me two thousand dollars a month, and I work a full time job at twenty four hours at twenty four dollars an hour, and I still can't afford a house.
Speaker 2: You're lazy, You're not crazy.
Speaker 1: This entire shit is fucked up and is killing our generation.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: That is that is a whole, whole like manifesto right there.
Speaker 2: A statement s just a preface.
Speaker 1: I was in the military and got fucked up pretty good in the old brain case. So good, Uncle Sam cuts me a check for about two thousand dollars every month for my veterans disability. I live in California in a two bedroom apartment for twenty two hundred dollars a month, not including utilities by myself. Excuse me, sir, why do you have a second bedroom? Not to uh, you know, be that guy, but uh by TheInk. I work full time in CNC.
Speaker 3: CNC is like a machine.
Speaker 1: I work in machines and make fair still seven dollars below the state average in my area. I am doing amazing compared to my p and friends, but only because I had to sacrifice my young adult years blowing up other adults the military. I was confused for a second.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, blowing up other adults.
Speaker 3: That's one way to talk about the military.
Speaker 1: That two thousand dollars is the only reason I'm able to live comfortably in the Bay Area. And by comfortably I mean I can afford a car payment, feed myself, afford small subscriptions utilities, and save about a fifth.
Speaker 2: Of my paycheck every month. Think about it.
Speaker 1: I know people my age twenty eight that would actually kill for that shit, just for the barest imagining of a minuscule American dream.
Speaker 2: That's not even good.
Speaker 1: It's just average to compared to how previous generations had it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, Like you think about all the other generations.
Speaker 4: They all had their own houses, Like like the Simpsons was meant to view a working class family and they have like a full house at the backyard. But you know, catch us, we were not. That's fucking that's freaking hard.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were not getting a house until something crazy happens. Something crazy will probably happen, but you know, we're you know, if we're if we're doing something else, No surre bop.
Speaker 2: That's not even good.
Speaker 1: It's just average compared to how previous generations have it. I'm doing okay only because I sell my fucking soul to feed a warm machine. I don't even believe it anymore.
Speaker 3: Soul.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's a metal song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh god, that's hard. How do they do it?
Speaker 2: They're professionals.
Speaker 1: I think about how my friends can even survive in this hostile situation. But that's all they can fucking do for adults. One of their moms lives in a three bedroom by themselves, and even with their combined total income in that place, they can barely scrap by.
Speaker 2: It is freaking insane.
Speaker 1: I essentially make two full incomes with my situation, and I can't even afford a mortgage with a VA loan, which is six hundred thousand in the Bay Area at the time of this writing, that's definitely gone up. Does anyone grasp that I represent two full income streams that can't even become a homeowner. I am literally losing my effing mind in this state. How much longer can this shit last? Is this just gonna be the future workers indebted to all the old fucks who bought all the houses while working for the same generation. I mean, at this point, I'm so disillusioned by my whole life of fighting, working, and voting for this effing country.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to do. Damn.
Speaker 1: I know it'll be fine, I know that, But what about my friends and family stuck in this effing place? What is the effing point if they all just end up as slaves and everything?
Speaker 2: But name edit? Wow, this blew up overnight. I did my best respond to everyone.
Speaker 1: Thanks for everyone's kind words of advice and answer a common reply that I should just move. That's not the point of the post. The point is the state that it's becoming hostile for almost every normal worker. We should be expected to move everywhere, can everywhere should be sustainable to live.
Speaker 3: I mean true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like America, Like John and I were talking about this, Like America is the place where you swing big, like you try to build a business, become like an actor actress, or like a like a creator. Like America is the place to like skip the line to a millionaire, billions, the.
Speaker 1: Biggest opportunities, like movie star, big ceo, like all that stuff.
Speaker 2: America makes sense.
Speaker 1: Canada has a better American dream than I probably America does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude's so true.
Speaker 4: It's really hard to have like a very normal like like just have like regular aspirations in America. If you don't have massive ones, I think it's actually harder to achieve. America is not friendly to to like the middle class basically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think I think there's a anyone below the rich, anyone.
Speaker 2: Below the rich.
Speaker 1: I do think there's a diconomy of like that Canada is literally better at at America probably than like economic mobility. But also at the same time, like that attitude probably isn't helpful.
Speaker 2: And I hear what he's saying, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I hear what he's saying too, but it's like, yeah, it's also like you can recognize the flaws in the system exact like at a certain point you have to like work with the system you're given or leave. Yeah, right, sure, try to change the system as as well as much as you can, but really like the only way to change the system is to be the system at its own game.
Speaker 1: If I can, If I can drop one aspirational quote on our listeners, I feel like there's this conversation of like do we are we like patriots or is patriotism like you know, like not the thing we should do, Like is America terrible? My opinion is, like, I'm very very grateful for being in America because I have many people close to me that are immigrants that fought to get their way in here, but also like I love it so much that I have to hold it to the highest standard, and most of the things that it's doing today are unacceptable. So to me, it's the love creates the standard that I hold it to, not like this is this all sucks.
Speaker 3: I love that