Speaker 1: This is Let's be clear with Shannon Dorty.
Speaker 2: All right, hi, everybody, welcome to another episode. Let's be clear with Shannon Doherty. This is our second Q and A. I kind of love these because they're just so interesting what you guys want to ask, and it's not stuff that I would have thought to address. So now I'm going to let's get to this question.
Speaker 1: Holly Murray.
Speaker 2: Combs announced that all the cast members are ready for the reunion of Charmed. The only problem is the rights to the series, which they don't have right now.
Speaker 1: Is this true?
Speaker 2: Yes, So the way that it works is us as actors, unless we wrote the show, created it, produced it, we have no rights to it. I believe it's CBS who owns the show. So the only person or the only company that can make a reunion happen is CBS. So if you guys really want one, then you have to barred their Instagram, their Facebook, right mail.
Speaker 1: I don't really know.
Speaker 2: I don't even know how to do any of that, but that's the only way. You know, do petitions and send them in. That's pretty much the only way that it would happen, and it would have to happen pretty quickly unless you want to see all of us as Grandma's. Okay, what is your most memorable moment, both professionally and personally and would you have done anything differently? Most memorable moment? You know, I have so many amazing memories with my family and particularly with my dad growing up that and because he's no longer with me, I couldn't name just one at all, because every single one of them is incredibly precious to me. Personally, I think probably working with Michael Landon was one of the most amazing professional moments that I had because he was so kind, so nice, such a good man. I learned a lot from him, so he was Yeah, he was amazing, absolutely amazing. I I've gotten to work with a lot of fantastic actors and also with friends like James Glenbressak, Like, those are very memorable moments that we've had. What do you value most in others and what do you wish you can improve in yourself? Honesty, honesty, and loyalty is what I value the most in others, even over a sense of humor, which is incredibly important to me. If you're an honest person, if you're loyal, I am going to forever be by your side, and if you're not, you're not going to be by my side. What do you wish you could improve in yourself? Probably my directness. I wish I could soften my edges a little bit. I think that I was raised to be very direct and no bullshit, and because of that, I can come across harsh and abrasive. And I mean, I'll tell you guys, I did it five minutes before I started filming this podcast because Brian, my wonderful engineer, couldn't hear me on the mic and I've been rushing today and we were, you know, running late, and so he was like, is the mic plugged in? I'm like yes, He's like, it's not really plugged in because I can't hear you. And I was like, here's the plug. It doesn't plug into the damn computer. And then I found the thing and I was like, oh God. So I think I had to soften my edges and not be so direct sometimes maybe and more patients. I need a lot more patience. I find that, particularly lately, I don't have as much patience as I have had, and it's probably because of the protocol that I'm currently on and I struggle with pain a lot currently, which we'll get into in another episode coming very soon. All Right, what's your favorite Charmed episode and if you could play any other Charmed character, who would it be and why? My favorite Charmed episode is the Western because I got to ride horses and I love horses. I'm obsessed with horses. And I directed it and I thought it was one of my better episodes.
Speaker 1: And I don't know.
Speaker 2: The whole thing, just the script felt cool to me, the clothes were cool, the visuals, my DP did an amazing job. I just loved that episode. I also loved my last episode because I directed it. But it wasn't because I died, that's definitely a reason to hate it, but because I thought the acting was on point. Out of every single cast member, everybody was fantastic in that episode. As an actress, how does it feel when you know the screenplay of the series, show, or movie you'll be a part of, is if not stupid or at least senseless.
Speaker 1: Oh that means.
Speaker 2: That there's something I did in my career that you felt was senseless. The person asking this question, I mean, what I'll tell you is if I did something senseless, either A I needed the money, or B I had no control over the episode. So if I had no control, that means that I was, you know, on a series and there was a really stupid episode or something, and and back then, you know, I didn't have that much control. But if it was not on a TV show and I did something sinceless, I promise you it was for the money, yeah, you know, I mean I helped support a family. So there were a lot of jobs that I took, not a lot, but a few that I took that was strictly for the paycheck. And I don't necessarily regret those because being able to help support.
Speaker 1: My family and my dad when.
Speaker 2: He was so sick is really important to me and something I'm very proud that I was able to do for him, and for my mom and for my brother. You've been traveling all over doing various comic con appearances, and many of us have traveled a great distance to meet you in parentheses, and while worth it, many of us will walk away from this experience having lived an absolute bucket list moment. What is that you take away from these experiences and what have been some highlights for you? I think, honestly, for me, the it shocks me every single time I do a comic con. It shocks me that anybody cares enough to meet me. I do not think I'm that special. I don't think that I'm somebody that should be on anybody's bucket list. I think that probably the only thing that truly makes me special is cancer and being able to reach people and help people. By the way, I deeply appreciate if I'm on anybody's bucket list, that's pretty amazing and it's such an ego boost and super flattering. But I just I don't know. I maybe I'm just a very insecure person. So I'm not quite sure right anybody cares about me at the end of the day. But those EXPERI chiances make me believe in that short weekend that maybe I am special for more than just having cancer. Maybe it's cancer and the acting. Maybe it's all of it combined. And what really touches me is when people share with me their own journeys and their journeys that have been not so easy and rough, and whether it's that we got somebody through a very rough childhood watching Charmed and how much that helped them, or whether I helped a daughter go through cancer with her mom, or a husband go through or a wife go through it. Those moments mean the absolute most to me. And honestly, walking out on that stage when we do the Q and a's and everybody at the comic con just of plouding, it's like, for one second, you feel like a rock star. You feel just so good and good about yourself in that brief moment. So my experience always as I walk away, going wow, that was super cool, and that I have like the best most loyal fans anybody could ever ask for, and I feel extremely blessed. So those are my highlights, and that's my takeaway is just you guys. My takeaway is you guys, right hey, lifelong fan here. My question is, I really loved the movie Friends till the end, but it reminded me of the Brende slash Laura storyline from season four of Beverly Hills nine oh two zero. I just want to hear thoughts on this. You know, I had never thought of that. I had never thought of like the comparison, But you're right, You're one hundred percent right there is yeah, because Laura ended up being crazy too. And Jennifer who played sort of my Friend slash Rival at the end she ended up being crazy as well, so they are similar. The cool thing about Friend Cilienne was that I got to sing and I can still like google it and hear the tracks that I put down. Thought I just sounded like I'm trying to be a recording artist with tracks put down. But anyway, it was an amazing experience. I loved every single second of doing that movie. I know your biggest source of inspiration is your mom, but if not, is there an actor actress who has inspired you? Okay, well, my biggest source of inspiration, yes, is my mother, but it's also my father, and that is, in fact, my two biggest sources beyond an actor and actress. Like I would never swap my mom and my dad as my inspirations for anybody else, but actors are actresses. I mean I was heavily influenced by Catherine Hepburn and Bert Lancaster and Henry Fonda growing up, and then that sort of went into you know, Robert de Niro and Al Pacino, heavily influenced by the director Martin Scorsese, Joe Wright, Quentin Tarantino, Steven Soderberg. I was you know, greatly inspired by my most serious boyfriend, which was Rob Weiss, his dedication to work, his writing, all of it. So I've had a lot of inspirations. As far as more female actresses, I mean, obviously, I think Nicole Kimman is amazing. I've probably been the most inspired by Michelle Pfeiffer, and I just find her to be remarkable in every way, shape and form. I mean, yes, she's a stunning woman. But if you view her body of work from Scarface to the Fabulous Baker Boys to Tequila Sunrise, you know, to uh, I mean to everything, like the span is ridiculous. She just she she changes and I don't see any effort in the change, which is really stunning. So she's a very very very very big inspiration to me. And as far as like a much younger generation, there's god, there's so many young kids nowadays that are like fantastic, really really really fantastic. But those are my those are my main sources, right there. Hi, And will you have Rose mcgallan as a guest on your podcast? I yes, that's one hundred percent positive. Rose and I get along really well, We adore each other, and I really like respect her her foundation, Like I don't mean foundation like a you know, charity foundation, I mean like her foundation in herself. I sort of view our bodies as like we sit in a foundation. It's basically how we were raised. Our morals, our beliefs, everything like that. That's our foundation. And uh, and I admire hers. I think that. I also admire the fact that her you know, her book Brave aptly titled Brave, she she went against a lot of people and suffered for it. And I admire her bravery also her wit. She's very, very, very witty. When you did Charmed, how did the nine to two and zero cast rate act? I have no idea how they were acted? Were they shocked that you were working with spelling? Again, I have no idea. I don't even know the timing. I don't know if nine O two was already canceled. I don't know who had already left nine O two and Oh, I don't know. Like you guys could probably educate me if there was like a lap over, but I don't know. Once I was done with nine O two and Oh, I did not sort of look back in that direction. You know, when you get fired from something, you sort of tried to move on because it's hard. How much of yourself do you think Brenda and yourself are similar? I would say that we were more similar in the beginning because I always felt like a fish out of water as well and a little bit naive. But I think as time went on, and I can't say this for sure, right, but perhaps some of the writers and perhaps one of the producers look at my outside persona. That was a lot of lies and bad you know, bad journalism. You can't call it journalism. It's just trash writing people trying to make a book at the expense of somebody else, like the National Inquirer, Star Magazine and all of those. They made up a lot of lies. And I think that some people that I worked with correlated myself and those lies together and wrote them into Brenda. And the more angsty Brenda got, the more unhappy I got with her. And also when the whole you know, Dylan, Brenda, Kelly trying what happened, there was like nothing similar because Brenda eventually forgave Kelly. And I can tell you that if one of my friends cheated with somebody that I absolutely loved, there would be no forgiveness. I would know ever speak to them again, because I'm a pretty resolute person about loyalty and about boundaries and how you treat another human being, so we're not very similar. We'd love to hear stories about Luke and Shannon's friendship over the years. You know, it's changed a lot, right, So it like like true friends, true brother and sister, true boyfriend, girlfriend, truex ex's relationships go in waves, and Luke and I definitely had our waves. There were moments that we got along so well, moments that we fought, then we would make up, then we would fight, then we would make up. A lot of that was just when we were working together on the set. I think once we stopped working together on the set and we matured a little bit, our friendship just grew and grew and grew and got a lot stronger, and there was a deeper appreciation for one another.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Somebody told me that the nine on two O cast minus me did a convention, a con and that in a Q and A Luke said something to the effect of, you know, none of us would be here without Shannon, And if that is true, I've not looked it up because probably I just want to believe it's true. But that kind of sums up like our relationship now or what it was. What it ended once he passed away was a deeper appreciation for one another and what we brought to each other's careers and to our lives. Will you ever sing the songs you're saying on friends, Tilly? And if somebody pays me a lot of money, sure, yeah, I've probably also can't like drink ginger ail. I'll have to get you know, I have like nodules in my vocal cords, So even for that, I was having to get steroids shots to get those nodules down.
Speaker 1: Have you ever done theater? And if not, would you I?
Speaker 2: When I was very young I did like local theater, and then at the Burbank Playhouse they did a production of a play called The Mound Builders. And then for whatever reason, I guess, I became very, very very self conscious. So and I think it definitely happened during nn Tuna where I just felt so judged and misunderstood, sometimes rightfully so right Sometimes I put out a bad message and I didn't behave or whatever. So I take full responsibility, not full. I take some responsibility for some of it. But it made me so self conscious that I have turned down some really good plays because I think it's easier to be in your TV or on your screen as opposed to not getting a laugh in real time if you're doing a play that's comedy, or just glancing out and seeing that somebody is not happy with your performance, it's so real and it's so palpable how the audience is responding to you in a play. I'm not quite sure I could handle it. I think I'm I think I'm too fragile for it now, and my days of challenging myself to that degree, I'm just I don't know. I'm not sure if I have it in me anymore. I like to challenge myself, but it's in a lot of other areas in my life. I don't think I want to be judged anymore.
Speaker 1: Period.
Speaker 2: Doing this podcast has become it's a blessing and a curse. There's a lot of it that I love, and there's a lot lately that I don't love. The part that I don't love is, you know, mean comments or I'm not dishing enough dirt for certain people. They you know I have said, well, it's called let's be clear, and you're not being clear because you're not naming names.
Speaker 1: Let me just remind you, let's be clear. Is about me.
Speaker 2: It's about my journey. It's about me telling my truth. My truth I don't I don't always have to throw somebody under the bus in order to tell my truth. My main objective of doing this podcast, and I know I'm going way off of what the question was doing the podcast is in fact a diary. It is a diary of the past, the present, and the future.
Speaker 1: It is a.
Speaker 2: Version of a memoir. I am not a person who will ever do a scandalous tell all memoir. I've been offered a ton of money, a ton for years and years and years. I have refused to do it. If something is incredibly obvious and somebody else has called me out, sure I can then bring up their name, because they've already fired first shot. If somebody got me fired, sure I'm going to have that conversation. But if I see that somebody's changed, or or if I don't see the benefit to either person, or if I feel it's nothing but dr and the person and I didn't even get a chance to clean it up, I don't know. I feel like there is a line that you have to draw in the sand of integrity and pleasing certain people who are listening to your podcast. And I will always choose integrity over somebody listening to my podcast, because integrity wins every time. So I don't know why I went on that. I'm so sorry you guys. Oh, I was talking about judgment. So yeah, no, theater, probably not. I'm in a place in my life where if I'm going to work in acting ever again, then it's got to be with people that I really love and respect. And this podcast will continue until I feel too judged, and then I will stop it because I'm you know, I've judged myself enough in my life and found myself guilty far too many times, and punish myself far too many times and continue to make bad choices. Because I was punishing myself, I would beat myself so up so much that I had, you know, lack of self esteem, lack of a lot of things. So I and I've worked on myself quite a bit, and now with cancer, I just don't think that I can handle it.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite quote of all time? Gosh, now that I'm on this, Botto, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna actually quote it correctly, but I can do all things through Christ, who strengthen with me.
Speaker 1: And it's from the Bible. Favorite books of all time. There's too many. There's too many, And there's one that I like adore right now, but I'm trying to get to the rights to it, so I can't say what it is. I have a really like vast range of books that I like. I like. I love books about history.
Speaker 2: I love learning about the past because I feel like the past always comes into our present and helps shape our future to some degree.
Speaker 1: So I love books like that. But I also love, you know, just.
Speaker 2: Complete fiction that takes me into a completely different world in a different space. And sometimes I'll even read a ya novel just because they're fun and they're easy. It just depends on my mood. Who makes you laugh the best and hardest? From the belly h This is a hard one for me because some of my friends are getting it very upset hearing that it's not them. My friend Julie makes me laugh really, really, really hard. We were just on vacation together and I laughed until I fell asleep, Like it was a problem. I laughed so hard that I came back from vacation with ABS because I was laughing that hard. My other friend Amrie has always made me laugh, and Chris and I we just we find moments that nobody else would find funny and we laugh hysterically. So and you know what, my dog makes me laugh.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I love laughing. And I'm really fortunate to have the people in my life that I have now because they do make me laugh. And I think that they all realize the importance of laughter for me because so many other things are hard that if they can make me laugh, if I can make them laugh, if we have those moments, they're so special and something to be really valued. Would you voice Prue in a Charmed animated series? Absolutely? I love Charmed, I love Prue, I love our audience, I love our fans, So of course I would absolutely in a heartbeat. Can you share a special memory from working girls just want to have fun? Was it as fun to film as it looked on screen?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: I have a really embarrassing moment that still to this day is an embarrassing moment for me as an actor, which was that moment where my character who I can't remember her name Jonathan Silverman was playing my brother's friend who my character had a crush on, and I think he called me a punker, said I looked punk or something, and I had to show excitement, and even as a little girl, I was never somebody who was very girly and showed excitement in a very girly or demonstrative way. And so I did a couple of takes and the director wanted me to be more excited and of a girl that age with a crush, how she would react fair fantastic note he was right, But I was so confused on how to do that because it was so outside of my own personality and I was not a girl who had experienced a crush yet. So it was really digging from nowhere essentially to come up with an appropriate reaction that would make everybody happy with my performance. So I think sarcastically because I didn't really want to do any more takes. I jumped up and down and in circles and squealed. And I'm not somebody who ever is a squealer like that, but I actually squealed and jumped in a circle. If you watch it, you'll note the scene it's It's at the dance off. When I watched that years and years later, because I don't like watching anything that I am in, but people kept on talking about girls just want to have fun, I thought, huh, should probably watch it. People really liked it. I cringe when that scene came on. Cringe. My face turned red. I wondered how I could buy up every DVD. How I could because that's probably how long ago it was that I watched it. I was humiliated and embarrassed by my performance, and I deeply apologized to the director Chuck that I had that performance. It was really bad. But that's my most memorable moment, just because it was awful. And also working with Sarah Jessica Parker and Helen Hunt, who seemed to me like the absolute coolest girls in the world, and they were cool. They were wonderful to work with. In season three of Charmed, we saw the show get darker and add more action. Was this something you fought for and had influence over or suggested? Yeah, I think I definitely had a hand in the direction of Charmed. It could either go very light and silly at times, or it could go very emotional and deep and intellectual and dark, which has always been my preference. Yes, I think you can certainly afford to lighten the mood sometimes with some silliness, but I've always been more of a more serious human being, so for me, it was more attractive to do episodes that were a little bit darker. But also because I didn't understand why, we just ended up getting used to these crazy demons in front of us, and sometimes would make jokes like, this is serious business. We need to kick their asses, and we don't know how strong they are, so let's be a little bit serious.
Speaker 1: So I think I did. But also also I.
Speaker 2: Just think our writers were really good and they helped take it into that direction, and our directors certainly played a part with how they directed us and got us in to those moments. And then you add Rick, our DP and how he lit everything.
Speaker 1: So it was a collective.
Speaker 2: Effort in taking the show in that direction while I was on it. What was your least favorite storyline on nine? Oh too and Oh definitely the cheating. Definitely, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: The cheating. The Dylan cheating on Brenda with her best friend.
Speaker 2: I still to this day can't stand it. I think I don't know what friend does that to another friend. I literally cannot get over that. And I don't really like cheaters, So there's that as well. Would you ever do a guest spot on any TV shows currently on Airon? What TV shows would you like them to be? Ooh, well, my number one choice would have been Succession, but it's now done. But oh my goodness. So on the drama side, there's a new show called The Veil with Elizabeth Moss and I am obsessed with it. I would love to guest star on that show. As far as lighter comedy, I of course would still love to be on Sex and the City, and just like that, they're sort of a new name, just because I was obsessed with that show and I still kind of am. I watch it when I'm depressed or whatever, and it makes me a little bit happier. How about a TV show with you and Jason Priestley The wash Twins? Aha, Patty uh I, he's on a TV show. I don't know what would we do as the wash Twins. There's something about Brenda I never want to play again now to no question, ignoring the reboot CW series, do you think that Brendan Dylan wound up together absolutely. I do think that they wound up together. I think it was more than just about first love. I think for them it was a true soul connection and that never went away. When you're that young, you can make mistakes or think that you should venture out, like Dylan did with other women or with men. But I think as you grow older, you look back on certain relationships and think, wow, I wish I was still with that person, or I wish I had met them later in life when I was ready for that kind of relationship. And I feel that with Brenda going off to London and getting her own identity right away from her twin, away from her parents, away from Beverly Hills, and doing something that.
Speaker 1: She loved, theater, I feel.
Speaker 2: That that probably gave her a confidence and a maturity that she was lacking. And I do feel that Dylan and her would have run into each other, would have seen each other or something, and that that spark would still be there, but they would be in different places in their life where they could handle each other, and that there wasn't There was no more drama, It was just about this soul connection. So yeah, I do think that they would be together. What is a skill or talent you have that fans probably don't know about. I'm a really good cook. I'm a really, really really good cook.
Speaker 1: And I'm a really good photographer.
Speaker 2: That photo that's right back there is a wild horse at a sanctuary called Return to Freedom, and I took that photo. I have six more that are scattered around that I took. So I'm a very good photographer and I'm a really good chef. So those are my secret talents. Was there a role that you really wanted didn't get and then when you saw the show or movie you said, phew, I'm glad I didn't get it. No, the roles that I really wanted, I saw them and I was like, damn it. I really wish I had gotten that role. But the person that they chose was better than me for that role. I would like her to talk about her Native American heritage and have it shaped her as a person. Yeah, and thank you for that question. A lot of people aren't aware that I'm partially Native American. I am Irish and Native American I have I'm a fairly decent percentage of Native American and it does impact me. It impacts me because I feel like Native American Indians are often overlooked, often, if not always, overlooked, and that that that is a big concern for me and something that I've diligently, behind the scenes investigated and looked into and tried to figure out how to help. I think there's I think I definitely get some personality from my ancestors. And I believe that this is going to sound super cooky. I believe that my Native American ancestors protect me quite a bit. They protect my home, they protect my house, they protect me, and I'm and in those senses, I am deeply, deeply, deeply connected to it. So Jason was already on your podcast, and I really wanted for you all to clarify the comment he made about you in his memoir when you went to visit you on the side of Charmed and you made the comment of it's either Alyssa or me, What do you have to say about that? I never said that, so I remember him being on the set. I certainly never said that. I did not have the the I probably had the power, but I didn't have There was no reason for me to say it, like I didn't really know her.
Speaker 1: I had never worked with her.
Speaker 2: I never experienced her, and my concern was always what is best for the show, and Alyssa had a large, large, large fan base. I wanted the show to be successful. So the bigger star my co star is, the more successful the show is going to be. So I don't really know where that came from. Jason and I could, you know, debate this all day long, probably, but I'm not a person who says stuff like that, and certainly not to Jason, because there's no reason for me to say something like that to him. I'm It's just it would be over sharing with someone that you're not close with. And he, meanwhile, was very close with Aaron Spelling, so me saying it to him would put me in a bad position with Aaron Spelling, and because he would obviously go and probably tell Aaron and not And by the way, I love Jason, but this is just you know, facts. So I did not say that. Sorry, sorry, not sorry, right, And I think there was was that the question that I saw and I was like, Oh, nobody's gonna breate that down for me to answer because they're gonna think it's too controversial, Like there's really no controversy.
Speaker 1: I just didn't say it. Period.
Speaker 2: I didn't say it. Maybe somebody else said it, but I did not say it. How would you want Prue to return? If Charmed ever got a proper reunion, Charmed fans dream for Proun Paige to meet. I would love Prune Paige to meet. I think Prue would be the strongest elder where she could be with the sisters, be physical, be there. I and I think that her page would just form like an instant rapport. I like to think that Pru has been watching over them this entire time. Anyway, how is your relationship with Jenny Garth?
Speaker 1: It's good, you know.
Speaker 2: I see her at conventions and we talk and you know, like we laugh. I mean those conventions. We work really hard, but we're all good. We're you know, we were Jenny and I were young, and I don't there are things that perhaps I would have done different back then, way back then. But I don't really particularly hold any grudges against anyone from that show. I just think that we all were experiencing something for the very first time, and when you are experiencing something for the first time, you have to allow, if to give an allowance for mistakes and sometimes poor judgment on my part.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm theirs. I don't really know.
Speaker 2: But I think that we're all good now, and I mean, I hope we are, so I would say our relationship is good. What is your favorite Brendan Dylan moment slash episode? It's when we went to Gosh, you guys on this show? Did we go to Rosa, Rita? Or did we go to Baja? I can't remember which place it was, but I loved, loved that episode. I think Luke and I had an amazing time. We were sort of isolated with our crew but away from the rest of the cast shooting that. And there was that scene where you know, Dylan started spinning Brenda around and we were dancing, and Luke and I had such a fun time shooting all of that that I will forever ever hold that as one of my favorite memories of nine period. What scene are you the most proud of from nine and Charmed n No, I'm not sure because it's been so long since I watched it, but probably Maggie playing Maggie the cat and doing those lines Tennessee Williams. It's not easy to do, and I think that actually having to like perform even a very small part of that was something that I'm proud of and Charmed, So obviously I'm most proud of two of the episodes I directed, not all of them, but two of them. But as far as the scene goes, But what was it? Was it the second season that Andy died, you guys, but it was when Prue was dealing with the aftermath of his death. I was dealing with a lot of tension on the set and it came out in my performance. But it's probably to date one of my best performances because it just was raw and you could see that Prue was raw, anguish, and those tears and those emotions and the voice cracking was like me literally just feeling so ostracized and alone and lonely that it came out in the performance. And I'm very proud that I was able to channel everything that I felt in real life that is incredibly destructive to my mental health, but that I was able to channel that into good which was my performance. So probably the most proud of that scene and doing any of my stunts.
Speaker 1: Because guys, that stuff is hard.
Speaker 2: Which goes what was the hardest scene to film and Charmed stn't work and that scene that I just mentioned my absolute favorite song.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so hard. That is so hard.
Speaker 2: I guess I would have to say Neil Diamonds Forever and Blue Jeans because it was my dad's and I song and it just reminds me of him. Outside of that song, I'm a very very very big You Two fan, like the largest You Two fan, and.
Speaker 1: I find.
Speaker 2: All of their songs, all of their albums to be incredibly inspirational and they make me think and want to do more in all aspects of my life. So any song by You two really, and it was such a deep respect for musicians like pink Ough. I'm her voice, her lyrics, her everything. She's unbelievable. Do you regret not coming back for the final Charmed No. I regret it in one sense. I regret it for the fans, but I don't regret it for me because I was so incredibly wrecked from getting fired that I think, even years and years and years later, I had I walked on that set, and I think it just would have stirred everything back up for me, and it had questioned me all over again. Please tell us about the support you got from the male producers Brad Kern and Charles Rosen. I do feel they both are what responsible one for the lack of support from both shows. Uh yeah, yeah, one hundred percent lack of support, particularly from Charles Rosen.
Speaker 1: You know, to each their own.
Speaker 2: But I won't say anything mean about him except that he was not supportive.
Speaker 1: Uh. And Brad. You know, Brad's an interesting one for me.
Speaker 2: Because I I didn't struggle with Brad as some others did. I and I and I didn't have any like inappropriate moments with Brad. I I felt like Brad was listening to me, and I was listening to Brad. I think later you find out that you know, it was all pretend and he wasn't listening, but then later apologize for that in a letter. And yes, I know you guys have said, can you read the letter? I'm getting there. Some of this is very hard, because you know, when you've buried it for so long or packed it in like a foul cabinet in my brain and locked the foul cabinet and hidden the key from myself, to dig for the key again and unlock that and start talking about it again can be emotionally draining. And I think sometimes some things will take me a little bit longer to get to, but I will. Is there anywhere you would like to go and visit that you haven't yet and what would be your bucket list of things to do? Crazy or low key places to go or people to meet? Ah, Tanzania, Botswana, Vietnam, Thailand. God, there's so many places I want to go that I haven't been yet, and there are so many places that I have been that I want to go back, and those are all of my bucket list I really wanted to really really really want to do. There is a safari that you can do in Tanzania and it's all on horseback, and I've talked to my girlfriend Julie about doing it with me, So that's that's definitely something that I'm going to do before I die, because that's a I mean, first of all, it's a crazy idea to do a safari on horseback because I'm pretty sure the lions run faster than the horses, so it's a little crazy. But I love animals so much, and I know that when I went to South Africa and I did a safari, it changed my life. Not only because of the safari and the respect for animals that I've always had, but that just heightened it.
Speaker 1: But seeing the people.
Speaker 2: So I went to South Africa and I went to Mozambique, and I remember in Mozambique, I came across in like the village that the locals lived in, a fifteen year old. We were doing like a you know, ride through it and a car ride through it, open jeepear ride. And the fifteen year old kept talking about how badly he wanted to go to college. And I said, why do you want to go to college? And he said, I want to study medicine. I want to become a doctor. And I was like, well, that's amazing. Why do you want to become a doctor and he said because I want to come back here and heal my village. And it just I broke down in tears. Like the purity of this boy and what he wanted to do to help his family and to help the people in his village was unbelievable. That place touched my heart and rocked my soul unlike any other place I've ever been, So anywhere in Africa, I want to go.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: As a director, do you have a say on how characters look like? For example, on your final Charmed episode shown for the first time, but looks completely different from other appearances.
Speaker 1: How does that work? Okay? I did. Yes.
Speaker 2: You would have to ask the other directors if they had an influence. My influence was I didn't pick out people's wardrobe, but I based everything the look of the show. The last episode that I was in and directed, I based it on a salvad Or Dolly painting. So I wanted the whole color scheme to be from this painting, and that meant that each character had to sort of stay in that color scheme. The lighting had to be within that color scheme, and the source had to be a certain look. It was all about a salvad Or Dolly painting for me. All right, that is definitely all I have time for. But thank you guys so much for listening to another episode of Let's Be Clear with Shannon Dherty. Get ready, you, guys, I have a couple of great episodes coming up about healing, about how I have been struggling for the last month with some depression, what I'm doing to combat it, and also some fun episodes. So I hope you all have a great week and that you enjoyed this week's podcast.
Speaker 1: Ye bye,