Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Jetty and now he Armstrong and Yetty eight seconds left.
Speaker 1: Fox has it ahead to Fasel gone and the San Antonio Spurs done it.
Speaker 3: There will be a new champion in the NBA. A new era has done.
Speaker 1: It's Wendy's West Thelus Spurs are.
Speaker 3: Going to the NBA Final. Yep, that's gonna be exciting. Spurs Nicks if you like basketball, and I love the idea of when beyond a plane of Madison Square Garden in front of all those stars, and if he can win it, if they win, it'll be because of him, and he'd be the MVP. He'd be the second youngest player to ever lead a team to an NBA championship. Magic Johnson was twenty when he led the Lakers to the championship. Twenty Wow, that is young. But when Bion is only twenty two, that'd be fun to watch. So we'll get to this a little bit later, but I figured this would happen. They got Jill Biden a Super Softball interview for her first interview, rolling out her new book, first time she's ever really answered questions about that whole period of her husband clearly not capable of being president anymore, and all that sort of stuff. Super Softball interview yesterday. Well they're getting harder little by little, And she was on the Today Show today and I'm already reading some of the clips from that. Was he slowing down a little bit when he got tired? Did he stutter a little bit at night? Yeah? Sure, but he was still doing the job, and he was doing a good job to the whole. She didn't see him, you know, flagging it all. Did he stutter a little bit at night? Oh my god, going with the stutter, still claiming that that was what. Guy's got a stutter anyway. I had a kef care as she does more interviews, will and I have a feeling she's gonna get pressed more and more as she does more. Stephen A. Smith on CNN yesterday blast in some of our answers as ridiculous, And everybody's got the same take on that whole. I thought he was having a stroke thing. It's either a lie or you're a bad human being, though those are the only two options. You're either lying that you thought he was having a stroke, or you're a horrible human being that said, I think he's having a stroke, but I'm gonna take him out to the waffle house later.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Well, if you were to accept that scenario as even being conceivable, you'd be a terrible human being and a moron, because if you're going to use the guy, you'd want to get him treatment for his stroke so you could continue to use him. Leaving a stroke untreated is not a strategy for anyone. So that that idea is so completely implausible, I mean, which obviously you know, it's just almost a hilarious lie.
Speaker 3: Only the stupidest stupid though good believe it. Well, the interview chick, Lady Chick, she's sixty five years old, but the woman interviewing, Jill Bible, she is seventy five. If she was a day on CBS yesterday, I just said, oh really, that must have been scary.
Speaker 1: It was two old bats chatting that. It was ridiculous. It wasn't a journalism and in any shape or form.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe more on that later. Jill's gonna do more interviews, and they're gonna get harder the further she goes along. Big race, two big races in California for governor and for mayor of Los Angeles, one for mayor for LA. He's gotten more attention for whatever reason. Part of it because uh Spencer Pratt and his style, his free wheeling Trump like style and all the cool AI ads he's put out and everything like that. But he's done a couple more interviews pretty much constantly leading up to the primary tomorrow, running against the sitting mayor, Karen Bess. Here's a little Spencer Pratt. Would you vote for me?
Speaker 4: It's gonna just be a mandate and change. Enough is enough. I'm the one with compassion, no matter what these people tell you. I don't want people dying on the street. I don't want our tax money going to the needles to kill these people. I want to get them in treatment. I want to help them. I want to help the dogs.
Speaker 3: I have a heart.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's going on in the city of LA but I do care, and I'm going to continue to care, and I'm gonna fight for If it is eight years to make all the changes we need, it'll be eight years.
Speaker 3: It's worked for a long time, the whole. If you want to do anything about drug addicts on the street. You're hardhearted and mean as opposed to we'll just let the population grow and let them live on the street. That's the compassionate one, and.
Speaker 1: Let them die of overdoses. Yeah, he goes on, this is.
Speaker 4: The greatest in the whole country. This is the best city in the nation, and we can get it to be the number one place on earth.
Speaker 3: We gotta fight.
Speaker 4: We just can't sit back.
Speaker 3: Everyone needs to do their part.
Speaker 4: I'll do mine, but I need everyone to come together and we'll change it together.
Speaker 3: Okay, So what's his opponent? Is likely opponent because I think tomorrow, according to the polls, it's gonna be narrowed down to him and the city mayor Bass. This is what she's had to say.
Speaker 5: Well, I think for the undecided voters to understand that they have a choice to make, and that choice is a Reality TV villain. Really, how did that work for us on a national level?
Speaker 3: That's one choice.
Speaker 5: The other choice is a city council person who's been in city hall twice as long as I have.
Speaker 3: Okay, So she's building up the other competitor in the race, who's a distant third in the poland currently whatever her name is, I forget.
Speaker 1: She's Democratic Socialist of America.
Speaker 3: Ken. Yeah, the whole Trump was a reality star. So because this guy was on a reality whatever.
Speaker 5: Good argument more from the mayor to me, that's one of the most important issues in our city is people feeling safe. You can't feel safe that there's an encampment there. It's not safe for the people in the encampment, and it's not safe for the people around.
Speaker 3: How do you do business what? I don't know what her point was there. I don't know what that clip was. There are encampments because you've allowed the encampments to be there, so i'd need to hear that in context. Wow, I saw one.
Speaker 1: He will get this stupid vote the stupid I always vote Democrat vote.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, I don't know if it's all stupid people. It's people who just are scared to death of ever changing party or feel like they'd be betraying their family and friends or something if they ever voted for a different party.
Speaker 1: It's that's what's the word stupid.
Speaker 3: Anyway, go ahead, We're going to narrow it down to the two tomorrow. I would guess Spencer Pratt and the.
Speaker 1: Sitting Mare I'm looking at the San Francisco Chronicles endorsement of Scott Wiener, who's one of the worst people on earth. He wants man boy love and sex changes for confused autistic children and just you know, legalized prostitution, street walkers walking by your kids' school, and gosh, where's their summary? Do you want vibes or do you want a man who will fight for the things that matter LGBTQ protections, healthcare?
Speaker 3: And he wants to replace Nancy Pelosi in her congressional seat. Yeah, exactly, Yeah, all right, I'm not even gonna which Nancy Pelosi held since pre electricity. That's correct.
Speaker 1: God dag it. This is so annoying and your sight sucks, Chronicle. Throw that into the indictment. It's unusable. All right, good, finally got away from it. Yeah, so you asked yes or last hour? Will California become more like Texas? Or will Texas become more like California over time?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I'm trying not to let my father be the wishes of my thoughts. I see signs of turnarounds, and like Portland for a glimmer there in Oregon as a whole, a little bit in Washington State.
Speaker 3: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if the Chronicle is endorsing Scott efing Wiener.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So back to the LA Mayor's race. Spencer Pratt had a good one over the weekend, I thought with the their writing my ads for me, and it was a picture of a one of the voting boxes where you can drop off the votes, which is a ridiculous way to a little election. Just have a box somewhere where everybody goes and drops whoever wants to drop them off, and they go who knows where but the street people, drug addicts sleeping around the box. Sheet had to climb over drug addicts to put your ballot into the box.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is right in his ads for him. Wow, that's a good one. Yeah, we'll see, we'll see what happens. Is they need help, they need compassion, we need funding for homeless programs. Answers more than half the electorate of Kelly Nigornea.
Speaker 3: So before we take a break, you said there was some reaction to my rant. I went on Friday after the show and the One More Thing podcast. It's the cursingest podcast we've ever put out. So if you was horrified. If you like f bombs, endless f bombs, that's the one to listen to. One more thing, as I was quite angry, as I often am, about trying to deal with websites and do paperwork and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: Interestingly, we received a number of reactions via email, but a handful of them were folks who have to deal with the VA and have said I've just given up. I just call now and wait till a human can talk to me because I cannot use the website.
Speaker 3: Doesn't know.
Speaker 1: I can't attest to that personally, but I found that very very troubling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one of the ones that stymied me last week was the DMV website, and I just kept doing it over and over again, which is supposed to be the faster, easier way to do it's the way they want you to do it, and it just kept, you know, type in all the information, go through the whole thing every single time. That's just cannot process your action at this time, Try again later, mm F you and the horse f and wrote in on so, yeah, I've hearn that, but can AI really take over the world when we're still stuck with this? Are those such different categories they don't have anything to do with each other.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I would be guessing I liked talk to the human beings. It usually went very well.
Speaker 3: God dang it, no kidding, that's never coming back, though, that'll never come back, hopefully. I guess. The only hope is AI gets so good that it'll be like talking to a human being and they can handle the subtleties of your problem, because we all know that's the current. There's no subtlety at all. They give you like three categories to choose from, and your problem is not one of those three, So you guess which one's the closest you go from there? Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: I think about various inquiries I've made to the AI chat pots, and they do a good job with subtlety and detail.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, maybe, wow, that'd be something if there's a return to customer service through AI. Now today, we mentioned earlier in the show, Florida just sued chat GPT. It's the first state suing a big chat bot for being all kinds of bad, including making us dumber. They're suing them for making us dumber.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I didn't have that much hand room already, I s I don't appreciate it. I like the voicemail syster.
Speaker 3: What do you call it?
Speaker 1: The phone tree, the voice activated? What's that's whatever the term is. I love the ones that have gone to a lot of trouble that the almost always a woman, because people tend to get less angry at women. They went to a great deal of trouble to make sure the inflections are very human sounding. Hmm.
Speaker 3: Let me check into that for you, right.
Speaker 1: You know, but they're every bit as bad as the tell me what you're looking for? Change account number? Would you like to check your balance? No, like to change my number? Would you like to check your balance?
Speaker 3: Hmm? Let me work on that.
Speaker 1: And I swear there's a direct correlation between how how hard they work on making it sounds human and how completely affing not human it is.
Speaker 3: You just saying that this is making my heart I wish I had a heart monitor on. I'm sure my heart started beating faster and my blood pressure started going up. Gott. I hate dealing with that sort of thing. It's so frustrating there. I don't know, there's some uncanny valley thing happening there to where it's just like I'm being stymied by something that's kind of human but not.
Speaker 1: Then the punchline is always having given up on the website, you Dilley eight hundred number, and the first thing they tell you on the eight hundred number is, you know you can get faster service through the website. And I'd like to crawl through that phone and choke you out.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, Uh yeah. Joe Biden's doing more interviews, got some hilarious answers of all other things on the way stay here.
Speaker 7: Probably a big Twitter and fiftieth birthday party for America Concert. They announced the lineup Vanilla Ice, I'm not making that Vanilla Ice, Milli, Vanilli, Morris Day, Bretton Michaels. I think this is very admirable about the president. It shows he's concern for the unemployed.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 7: And then after they announced this all star lineup, a lot of them said, no, what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: We're not playing.
Speaker 7: That's got to hurt a lot when you can't close the deal with Milly Vanilla.
Speaker 3: So I didn't follow this story of the weekend. I just saw the headlines. So were those people booked? And I mean, was that gonna be the show? I'm gonna start and the lead singer from Poison or whatever that is.
Speaker 1: Or whatever that is. Yeah, all right, here's the thing. You got two different groups, the Trump aligned Freedom two fifty and the bipartisan allegedly Congress Established America to fifty are both like planning separate events, different events. Okay, The Trump aligned Freedom two fifty planned what actually sounded cool.
Speaker 3: It was a.
Speaker 1: Two week long, little more than two week long Great American State Fair on the National Mall, which would have displays from all the states and what makes them unique and blah blah blah, and then musical performances including country singer Martina McBride and rocker Brett michaels Well.
Speaker 3: Whoa did did did? He did? Some of his His calendar app said it was nineteen ninety one and he had the year wrong. Martina McBride, I'm a country music fan. I played all her songs when she was a big deal. Working at a bar in the early nineties.
Speaker 1: Having passed the topmost part of the barrel and the kind of middle top of the barrel, in the middle of the barrel, and then the lower regions of the barrel, I believe we're at the bottom of the barrel, Brett, Michael's a motley crew, which one is?
Speaker 3: Which hair band is?
Speaker 2: He?
Speaker 3: No poison poison?
Speaker 1: Guess I only know that because I'm looking at a picture of him and he's got a poison t shirt on.
Speaker 3: So I was right the first time. He's poisoned. But he's got to be my age, He's gotta be sixty something something like that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, so it was gonna have the displays in one hundred and ten foot ferris wheel. But then within days of the announcement, McBride and Michael's in many of the other performers Withdrew saying they didn't know was a political event. They thought it was like the Congressional two hundred and fiftieth anniversary.
Speaker 3: Thing, and it wasn't. It was Trump's right.
Speaker 1: And Trump responded to this in Trump and Fashion, saying, quote, I'm thinking about bringing the number one attraction anywhere in the world, the man who gets much larger audiences than Elvis in his prime, and he does so without a guitar, announcing himself as the headliner. And he would just do one of his political rally monologues there at the Big America State Fair singing.
Speaker 3: Well, if the competition was Brett Michaels, I think he's a better choice.
Speaker 1: Well, Lenny true stout insults towards the third rate artists. Dude flaked from the show, and it's all.
Speaker 3: Kind of do you think you could be blinded by love?
Speaker 8: Of course I could be blinded by love. I hope that I am blinded by love. But that's what you know, People say what a great president he was. You know, he was kind, he was empathetic, he was strong, he was steady, He he did things for the good of American people, and I mean he was he was a leader on the world stage, and I think that'll be Joe's legacy.
Speaker 3: I assume CBS got that first interview by a great to certain terms for that interview, which is why it was such a practically puff piece. I mean, yeah, it was embarrassing. But you could have, as the interviewer say, on the day that he dropped out, his approval rating was I think thirty seven percent and was very low in his own party, and then.
Speaker 1: Of Americans thought he was too old and senile, and then bother you let her respond to that. I'm sure she would have blamed the biased conservative media that we all complain about all the time. So doctor Jill has taken a break from her medical practice to continue the interview circuit. And here she is on the Today Show talking to one Craig Melvin.
Speaker 6: In the days and weeks after that, you continue to insist that the president was fine. How do you square thinking that he may have had a stroke with what you were saying in the days and weeks after, how do.
Speaker 3: You square this?
Speaker 8: So we go to the next event and I'm thinking, what do I say that we'll lift him up that is true. I want to say the things that are true. And so I said, you know you answered every question. My mind's racing.
Speaker 3: You know, it's a.
Speaker 6: Pretty low bar well.
Speaker 8: And so you know I had to sort of lift him up.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm his wife.
Speaker 8: I'm not going to get out on the stage there and say, Joe, you really.
Speaker 1: Screwed that up.
Speaker 8: I mean, I and we have all our supporters there, so you know that was my That's who we are. I mean, as I had to support him, I couldn't come out and I mean really publicly say Joe, you did a terrible job in that debate.
Speaker 3: I like, you answered all the questions as a pretty low bar. That pretty funny.
Speaker 1: I'm supposed to just stand there and look at But his question was how do you square fear? And he had a stroke. With all the things you said after, we're not talking about publicly, you're trotting about the campaign event after event. You never went to the doctor. I mean, come on, come on.
Speaker 3: You answered all the questions yet on the questions.
Speaker 8: Such a great job. You answered every question.
Speaker 1: You answered every question is supposed to just stood there and stared and then babbled incoherently about killing medicare. Wow.
Speaker 3: These these interviews are gonna get tougher as she goes along. Now, maybe she's cutting off after just a couple of days. I don't know, but she's done. She did CBS puff Piece yesterday. Today's show sounds a little tougher. I think she's doing CNN.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know how many more she's.
Speaker 1: Gonna do when she's doing Morning Joe. Do you know that's tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Okay, So here's the way this is gonna go, and then we'll play you another clip. She is going to go one interview too long?
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as the questions get more pointed, and that will be a veritable blood a what's the word A, Well, it'll be a bloodbath in terms of embarrassment and sputtering, and in.
Speaker 3: The rest it'll be terrible.
Speaker 1: And then she will announce she's not doing any more interviews except carefully selected.
Speaker 3: Ones, like happened with us. We were supposed to interview Aunica Lewinsky and somebody hit her with some like really really hard questions and she canceled the rest of the She didn't do any more interviews. That's like an hour before we were going to talk to her, or like when you were so rude to America's Vice Princess Tanya Harding and you ended her press jun Kit, she wouldn't do any more interviews after that, right because I did the awful thing I wanted to talk about, And I mean, this is a gazillion years ago now, but her and Nancy Kerrigan, I'm not here to talk about that, to which my reply was, that's the only reason has anybody has any interest in you whatsoever? Is you being tied to that whole story. So if you don't talk about that, what are we doing? And that happens with a lot of people, is they don't want to talk about the thing that made them famous us.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Anyway, here's the next clip.
Speaker 3: George Clooney.
Speaker 6: George Clooney, the actors said it a private fundraise before the debate quote, Biden was the same man we saw that we all witness on that debate stage. Even a former chief of staff said that his memory hit worsened over the course of his presidency.
Speaker 8: He aged, he did, he got older, and we all saw him aging. We you know, there were the words that he worth forget.
Speaker 1: You know, we were all aging.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: It's you know, it's a half wit making defense of the indefensible.
Speaker 3: She sounds sharp, though, how old is she? How much younger is she than Joe? Can he come up with an age on her? Roal Cook forest Miga? But she her brain still works, clearly, she's a duplicitous yeah, and self serving, but her brain seems to work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she thinks she can smile and cajoel and just get people to forget what they already know to be true. And it's just it's it's it's she can't at this point.
Speaker 3: She's seventy four. Oh, okay, she's quite a bit younger. She's seventy four. But yeah, her brain still works. Which the reason I'm bringing that up is that puts away any chance that, you know, she was sliding too, and so it didn't catch on. No, her brain works fine, she understands the whole deal. Yeah. Look, and I'm still young and strong as a bull. Everybody knows that about me.
Speaker 1: But I have friends who are older, and my wife has friends who are older, and we know some folks who are dealing with age related memory decline or dementia or that sort of thing. And the idea that the spouse is like, oh, no, everything's great, Oh I haven't noticed anything come on. That never happens. Everybody involved is terrified and sad and attuned to every sign. Yeah, you know, maybe not every human being, but boy, that's in my experience. Nobody's like glossing over the fact that the person they loved more than anybody else in the world is clearly struggling mentally.
Speaker 3: So my boys and I went to a breakfast. Usually on Sundays we go eat at the fabulous Puda Creek Cafe where our crumb did all this cartoon work. AnyWho, Um, We're sitting there on a bench because there's always weight because it's so amazing. And we're sitting there on the bench and I say, how have I never noticed that palm tree before. There's a in the middle of Winters, California. There's one giant palm tree, and I mean, this is nowhere near where you usually have palm trees, incredibly tall. I said, look how tall that palm tree is. I've never seen that before. And my kids said, that's you mentioned that last time we were here, and I said I did. I said, yeah, you said exactly the same thing. He said, how have I never seen that palm tree before? And there's a underneath it that says this is old. Don't forget this palm tree. There's a sign under this say is something like this is old Grandpa, or something like that planet in nineteen oh two. So palm tree has been there for one hundred and twenty some years, which is really pretty amazing. I'd hand down trees lived that long. Anyway, I didn't know that either, which I said, I said, who knew palm tree smoked that bun? And they said you do because you said the same thing about the sign the last time. Oh boy. So there's two things to that story. One, it's disturbing that I've had that conversation with my kids and I have zero memory of it. I mean zero, not even a hint. Secondly, my kids are aware of that. Yeah, they're completely aware of the fact that I've had that, that I've said that before and I don't remember it. To the whole Joe Biden thing, the fact that Hunter or Jill never noticed him being that way. Come on, it's hilarious.
Speaker 1: And they're both still claiming that, you know, it's a family of liars in a profession of liars, Benga, and they're still thank you, sir, and they're still lying.
Speaker 3: I think that it's as simple as that.
Speaker 1: And she's trying to sell the books because she needs the money and doesn't want to come off as a villain and an elder abuser. Although you've made the point, you're the only person I've heard say this, and it's absolutely one hundred percent true. If she'd come clean, that's a book I'd write. I'd have bought it in a hardcover man.
Speaker 3: Oh no kidding, no kidding. She's got the most interesting book potentially out there, right, She's going to be loyal to her husband. Yeah, maybe after he dies, maybe she decides, you know what, now it's done, I'm gonna get rich.
Speaker 1: Still gonna need money. Hunter will be hitting her up every week or two. Hey, momy taking more art classes. Send me a thousand bucks, maybe even five hundred would be good. Come on, come on, how.
Speaker 3: Disturbed do you think I should be about that tree story? I mean, I'm sixty one, not eighty one. It doesn't seem like that should be happening yet.
Speaker 1: But you you have challenges with memory. Do you remember this? I'm asking that your chemotherapy, I don't know. I can't remember that. Well, your treatment for cancer I had cancer. Oh boy, Uh, well that affects it.
Speaker 3: And then lack of sleep because you never get enough sleep. True, that's true. You don't drink anymore. No, I gotta admit the tree one bothered me. It's like I've mentioned that tree before and they said, yes, yes. We had this conversation like six months ago. You said, I can't believe I've never noticed that tree before, and then you mentioned that sign. So are you sure? Because I have no memory of this whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not entirely comfortable with this conversation on the air.
Speaker 3: If you want to know the truth. Why anything that lawyers are gonna get involved.
Speaker 1: Or no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: No lawyers. Well tell me why you're uncomfortable a few lawyers. That makes this more interesting radio, the fact that you're uncomfortable. I don't. I can't be cajoled and you can say anything you want because here's a good thing. Oh, I'll forget ah, you said it. I could hide my own Easter eggs. I mean I seriously could. I told my kids that yesterday. I said, I, honest to God, could hide my own Easter eggs.
Speaker 1: Nuff said. Does that concern you? Yes, well, of course it does.
Speaker 3: But the doctors, when I've ever I brought it up to doctors, they're like, I told you, the one is the uh. Forgetting where you put your keys is fine. Forgetting what you use the keys for is when you have a problem. Okay, Well I'm not that level. I've never grabbed my car keys and said, one, are these for? I know they're from my car, but to right right? Yeah, Oh that's a great h that's a great dividing line. If that's the case, then don't worry about it. Who cares if you don't remember mentioning that tree. Maybe it's just a it's not remarkable enough to stick at My brain is saying at this point, you've seen a lot of trees in your life. This is not one to file away. We got other more important pains to remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was just about to make semi a joke. You know, maybe the conversation wasn't worth remembering.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're passing the time waiting for our table. Yeah that could be. It didn't sink in. We have some pretty big financial news that just broke that we can hit you with. There are gonna be some of the biggest IPOs in the history of investing opportunities coming up, and a new one just got announced, among other things. On the way stay here.
Speaker 1: Jill not only brought up to that rally, but when that was over same night, she said he had a stroke.
Speaker 3: She dragged his corpse to w For real, Look at this video at them at.
Speaker 1: Waffle house one in the morning, at a freaking waffle house, and they're walking around and she's got to get him out of there before he picks the fight with corn pop.
Speaker 3: Okay, I will be fair to her about one thing.
Speaker 1: They only went to waffle house to buy some crack for Hunter in the parking lot.
Speaker 3: Drag his corpse to waffle house is a pretty funny line, uncharitable. So this is breaking news. And Thropics one of your biggest AI companies. They're the one behind Claude. They have confidentially filed apparently not that confidential because it's out in the New York Times for an IPO, an initial public offering becoming the latest to join, which which is going to be a once in a generation money making moment on Wall Street when Nthropics, IPO, SPACEXIT, and open open Ai all hit at the same time. Three of the biggest IPOs in the history of investing all happening at the same time.
Speaker 1: I know there's quite the race between open Ai and Anthropic to be the first for reasons that Wall streeters could explain to him.
Speaker 3: So I didn't know this. Andanthropic officially passed open Ai last week as the most valuable AI startup, now valued at nine hundred billion dollars as opposed to open AI's seven hundred and thirty billion, So Entropic is now bigger than chat GPT or Claud's bigger than Chat GPT. I still think they made money I still think of chat GPT as a leader, but they are not. The IPO would be among the biggest ever, along with SpaceX and open Ai, and it's going to create a tsunami of investment and employee wealth and quite possibly meant the very first trillionaire in world history, Elon Musk, who's got fifty percent of space X. More details to come on this whole story. I was just reading about the whole stock options thing with SpaceX. This was on Elon's own Twitter feed. They gave a lot of them employees stock options and stuff early on when they couldn't pay him when they were a startup. He said, there's a bunch of people that are going to end up crazy wealthy soon. They've been working for the company for a long time.
Speaker 1: Why didn't I work at SpaceX?
Speaker 3: Why didn't I become an engineer that Elon wanted to hire?
Speaker 1: Se I have no skills or aptitude is part of it.
Speaker 9: If I could have the skills, I'm probably too lazy to do it the way Elon wanted me to do it.
Speaker 1: But anyway, the skills, aptitude or attitude necessary Other than that.
Speaker 3: Wow, of course this has.
Speaker 9: All got to pan out at some point kind of the way they think it's going to well pan out. I mean, they could easily pivot that.
Speaker 1: Maybe somebody decides, oh, it turns out Mars full of poison gas and kill everybody.
Speaker 3: Never mind, but oh I wasn't thinking of SpaceX. I was thinking the chat bought people, the AIO. That's all got to pan out the way they think it's going to, right, or these would be enormous crash. These will make These will make pets dot Com seem like nothing.
Speaker 1: The petstock dot Com seem like Apple. Yeah, yeah, absolutely true.
Speaker 3: M h. It's all a bit of a gamble.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be the biggest thing ever or the biggest disappointment ever.
Speaker 3: I'm hoping for the latter. Actually I am too. Way were wrong about AI. Eh, there's never gonna be artificial general intelligence. Sorry about that.
Speaker 1: It's just gonna stay way better than Google.
Speaker 3: That's it. Yeah, it's just gonna be a really good Google. And it's not gonna take over the world and eliminate jobs and upend all of mankind and then perhaps destroy us. Not gonna happen. So yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Although AI is already a fundamental part of some advanced weapons systems and defensive systems, so it's gonna be big. It just might not be big big big, like everybody's betting on.
Speaker 3: I got another comment on that, but I'll say it for my final thought.
Speaker 8: There you go, hey, folks, it said it's time for final thoughts with Jack.
Speaker 3: Ar'mstrong Joe Getty.
Speaker 4: Hopefully I for me, we can go out in a slat five and kiss my ice cream, just just have a good old time.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Joe. Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 1: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the coup to wrap up the day. There he is pressing buttons in the control room. Control room, mich Lanceelo Michael Final thought. Yeah, I got a cold over the weekend, so I'm recovering.
Speaker 3: I'm feeling better.
Speaker 1: But it's amazing how bad the common cold can make you feel.
Speaker 3: Yes, yep, under remarked upon. It's common because it happens a lot, not because it's not miserable.
Speaker 1: It ought to be called the miserable cold. Yeah, Jack, final thought for us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this has been said many times, but the fact that many of the leaders in AI, including like the Grandfather, the Hinton Guy or Elon Musk put the chance of AI destroying humanity somewhere between like twenty and thirty percent. That's so crazy that we all just ignore that.
Speaker 1: Yes, something was going to destroy us. That's what I say. My final thought is I learned to play majong over the weekend. Judy taught me my daughter and my daughter's lost cool friend, and we played and played and played, And now I understand the ancient Chinese game, and I am a pretty skilled majonger. Although I was so confused at the beginning. I said to her, great, after this, I'm gonna learn calculus in Russian.
Speaker 3: Are there cards involved?
Speaker 6: Or what?
Speaker 1: Is? There?
Speaker 3: Are tiles? Jack? Tiles? Tie?
Speaker 5: Its?
Speaker 3: Okay? Yes?
Speaker 1: With a mysterious ancient Chinese symbols interesting.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour work days.
Speaker 1: So many people thinks, so little time. Go to Armstrong and Getty dot com for the hoplings. Go there to drop us a note mail bag at Armstrong in Getty dot com and pick up's Maine g stwag a fabulous T shirt, hat or hoodie.
Speaker 3: I feel like we should talk to some business expert about all these IPOs that are headed our way because I think I love that idea question.
Speaker 1: Wonder if Jim Tankersley's available.
Speaker 3: He's always helpful, maybe a good one. Anyway, We'll have all the latest for you tomorrow. It's election day California tomorrow. See then, God bless America.
Speaker 2: I'm strong and gat.
Speaker 3: Kate David Sanger of The New York Times well sourced, saying the same thing you came up with.
Speaker 1: Well endowed but not well sourced. That's why a reputation what happened over the weekend, that maybe you need to slip that in. I don't care anymore. I've become completely cynical. I'm a nihilist, armstrong and getty.