Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three, twenty three, Episode four of Dally's Like Ice Day.
Speaker 2: Production of iHeartRadio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's share consciousness. And it is Thursday, February first, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Black History Months. Made it through, he made it through Jebruary and guess what else it is. It's a little interesting because it's Black History Month. I'm like sort of looking at some of these days. Is also National Dark Chocolate Day. I'm like, this was wait, what the fuck? What's the chocolate Loby trying to do right now? It's also like National Freedom Day.
Speaker 3: I get that.
Speaker 4: Also National Get Up Day, and not like in a James Brown kind of way. It's just it's a picture of someone who's a figure skater who's falling, and I think it's about just dusting yourself off and getting back up. It's also Optimist Day, It's National Texas Day, It's National Serpent Day.
Speaker 3: So you got a little bit of everything.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, happy those days to all of you. My name's Jacko ban aka Elmo. Gonna Knock Bird Out. Elmo say knock you out? Or I guess you could do it as Elmo if you had a good Almo I do yeah, but Miles does. Anyways, I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co.
Speaker 4: Host, mister Miles Gray Miles Gray aka Elmo.
Speaker 1: He would lose in a fight, I said, Big Bird, he don't need a fucking knife. I said, Rocco, Big Bird, defend this rock. Let's put ma need on this bra all Bro says some He Street Fight Club Big Bird. Elmo says some He street by Club Elmo, big Bird Bird.
Speaker 3: What what t shirt contest or not for watching you die?
Speaker 1: You can battle this pup and my guy Okay shout out to h E's Secret Full twelve twenty nine, because again all the trauma dumping on Elmo really brought us to a a much more in depth debate about can Big Bird beat up? Who would win in just a no holds barred deathmatch? Would be a Bird triumph over Elmo? Does Almo fight dirty? And that's how Almo triumphs?
Speaker 4: And we spent not even enough time really trying to get to the bottom of that question.
Speaker 1: I mean, Elmo came through. Big Bird was trying to do something on social media. He had like five days where he was no longer big. He was the size of an insect. He was picking up some traction and then Elmo comes through and is just like, hey, how's anyone we're doing, and like the internet breaks, Everyone's just like, oh, so I think this fight is like not far off, because like that had to have been humiliating.
Speaker 3: For Big Bird.
Speaker 1: The engagement, the engagement for Elmo after Big Bird put in so much work to metamorphosis his self TOFKA style. Also, Willie Kay was my aka courtesy of Willy Kem.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyways, we are thrilled, blessed to be joined once again, yes in our third seat by an Emmy nominated writer, a New York Times bestselling author, podcast host, one of the best stand up comics doing it anywhere. It's Laurie kil Marta.
Speaker 5: La. Oh my god, I'm so excited. Thanks for having me back. Guys.
Speaker 3: Oh no, god, thanks for literally been too long.
Speaker 1: May twenty ninth, twenty eighteen, was the last time we were engaged in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, wasn't I on a rooftop?
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, exactly in Hollywood and we took up just an iconic photo together. It's just weird, the things we were talking about just you know, this is these were the things we were talking about that episode. The cancelation of Roseanne.
Speaker 3: Okay, wow, Ted.
Speaker 1: Cruise, it just doesn't seem that long ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh, the Ted Cruz sports curse came back around on that one, cursing the Houston Rockets.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, we just talked about that again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rudy Giuliani being booed on his birthday at a Yankees game, and just grim facts about Hurricane Maria and Puerto Rico.
Speaker 4: So yeah, this is fuck and the news come back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, welcome, Thank you more more Rudy news. Apparently in the last last year, he made eighteen thousand dollars. That was how much he earned.
Speaker 1: That was that's what he met, That's what he me. Because I feel like he's probably underwater a little. It didn't get sued for like one hundred million dollars a.
Speaker 3: Lot of book.
Speaker 5: I think that info is part of like the revelations, you know, like how he's gonna he's gonna have to sell some stuff obviously. Yeah, pieces of the towers. I'm sure that he kept.
Speaker 1: Pet yes, right, coming home with pockets full of rubble every day.
Speaker 5: Ground he's wearing cargo pants to the pile and just putting stuff in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that man looks strange. In short, I will say you should not be wearing cargo pants.
Speaker 4: Or really truly truly and you got and you got the special Cis Will Grief Slut too.
Speaker 5: I do. I have a new special that dropped on on Tuesday the thirtieth. Yeah. Yeah, it's called Cis Grief Slut and uh it's available on my website Lori Kilmartin dot com on all platforms. Comedy Dynamic pushed it out to you know, like when you do one of those specials, you sort of do a lot of promo ads afterwards. And it was like Apple TV, Amazon Plus, and then I was like Samsung TV Plus and then it just got into like Niner Appliances and a four. But any place you can see something, you can probably catch it.
Speaker 4: Watch this on your LG washing machine.
Speaker 3: Yes, I watched it.
Speaker 1: On my refrigerator.
Speaker 3: It was good.
Speaker 1: The tiny little screen that tells you when it's time to buy new Eggs and also you can watch special.
Speaker 3: Wait is that a thing they'll tell you when to buy new Eggs?
Speaker 1: I think that's one of the promises of the smart refrigerator is that it will like remind you to order new ship.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I think I meant.
Speaker 4: I don't know, like it had some kind of egg sensor technology, like, hey, hey these eggs, these get.
Speaker 3: On getting laid on eggs.
Speaker 5: Brother, Yeah, if you put your maybe if you put your them in the egg place. I don't know anyone that does that. Actually, I just put them in there and then the egg place I leave change or Nikeys or whatever.
Speaker 1: That ship's full of ketchup packets my end, yes, right, full of ketchup pockets butter packets, so in case we have a run out of butter, you know, yeah, oh just foil wrapped pads butter. But you're like every time you're on a plane, you're like, yes, a couple more. It's the currency of the future. Yeah, they're shiny. Look how shiny they are, Laurie. We're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell our listeners a couple of things we're talking about today. It's this is this is hard to take. Okay, there's a couple of stories up top that are hard to take. It's not just Rudy who's struggling. Elon Musk was was due for a fifty five billion dollar payday.
Speaker 3: Like he that was a.
Speaker 1: Fifty five billion dollar compensation package designed by let me read this, Elon Musk. Elon Musk designed and he a judge just reached out and was like, that seems like a lot, guys, maybe we should rethink this, which kind of gets me excited for a future where judges are on the ground with the rest of us just like looking up and being like, that's that seems like too much? Maybe, Yeah, Yeah, the pages of fifty five billion. Anyways, we're gonna talk about that. We're also going to talk about in more You hate to see it, don't we, folks news, Kristen Cinema is having trouble fundraising for her latest campaign, so we'll talk about that. We'll talk about the Zinsurrection, the nicotine delivery pouches, not tobacco, they're just like little powdered nicotine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but kicking off the new culture War.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the latest, the latest front in the culture war.
Speaker 3: Somehow.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about the world's largest cruise ship, which is now prowling the oceans deep right now. It's been described as a monstrosity and human lasagna, so all of that plenty more. But first, Laurie, we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history? Oh?
Speaker 5: I guess right now, I'm very obsessed with what's happening in the Royal family and Kate Middleton. I don't know if you guys have been, She's in my search history. I look for Kate Middleton constantly right now, as do actual people looking for the actual Kate Middleton.
Speaker 4: Wait, did she have some kind of like medical procedure.
Speaker 6: I think the last surgery was like, here's what I know, sink Charles and now Kate are in hospital and I'm like, what in the hospital.
Speaker 5: If you like conspiracy theories, you got to go down this rabbit hole. On December twenty eighth, no one's seen her since Christmas? Okay, December twenty eighth, there was massive ambulances leaving the area where Kensington Palace is where she lives, right, okay, And then a couple of weeks later she was announced as being in the hospital for a planned surgery that was so planned that they had to they had to cancel a bunch of things that she had scheduled.
Speaker 1: Oh no, and they think.
Speaker 5: Prince Charles announced his surgery to deflect from from like the sense of what's what happened to Kate. The theories are Prince William is an abuser and he attacked her and she's hospitalized for that, or she had a break, she had a break down, she has an eating disorder or slash breakdown, or he filed for divorce and she had a break and she just left because the whole time she was in the hospital, none of her family visited her. And he went to see her once for fifteen minutes. Prince William and the kids are her mom, nobody. It's so strange and they won't announce what's yeah so and their explanation doesn't really make any sense. And now they're like, well, she'll be out till past Easter, which I don't know till No. Now she's recuperating at home. But the press that like counts everybody all the time somehow missciputating. Yes, So it's it's a real weird, weird situation over there, and nobody, it's like the tabloids in Britain are not presenting it that way. It's because they suck up so much to the royal family.
Speaker 3: They're part of this ecosystem.
Speaker 5: Yes, so it's all it's all out like outsiders, you know, Americans and a few, but yeah, yes, exactly.
Speaker 3: On the path.
Speaker 1: I don't know what abdominal surgery means to you, but.
Speaker 5: Oh I'm obsessed. I'm dying to know what's going on over there.
Speaker 4: What do you think in your heart of hearts? What do you think is going on?
Speaker 5: She is super thin. And here's the thing. She's not likable either, because she's seems to have been really mean to Mega Markle and slightly racist at least asking about the skin color of Prince Archie. So she's not likable. But she I would guess that she has an eating disorder and she just and maybe the abdominal surgery has something to do with that. The other thing is they there's lots of photographs of her with her fingers covered in bandages and as a former bliemix, that's those are the the when she stick down and sometimes you do have cuts on them.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: So that's my guess about Kate Middleton is she is getting treatment for an nian disorder. She may have collapsed from just weakness or something. Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean the Shelley Misscabbage version is also intriguing to where they're like she was disappeared.
Speaker 1: I have question mark written in my notes here two miles really whenever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like someone the like a spouse of someone very powerful prominent, disappears dark suddenly. I'm like shage shows.
Speaker 1: Now, Like I feel like sometimes it's like maybe the person just wants to be out of the public eye and we should grant them that. In this case, it's just weird that her family is not coming to visit like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, her mother, her sister, not, none of the kids that like a mental breakdown.
Speaker 1: None of the kids is like fucked up. That's cruelty to not let like not have your kids visit you while you're in the hospital. Like that's that's a part of healthcare, would be like being able to be around your kids.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So if they if they don't want the kids to see her in whatever state she's in you or they're trying to just separate the kids from her. You know, there's again so many little paths you can go down. People people in certain Twitter circles that I follow are post there. You know, there's a lot of positioning of Prince William as a single dad now, and it's like they're trying to get the public use to the fact that she's not going to be part of it anymore.
Speaker 7: And so right, Yeah, it's weird because the kids, the crown owns the kids, you know, like once she has the kids, she's.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, yeah, so they can go. They don't have last names, miss.
Speaker 3: That she is.
Speaker 5: She does. She does not have the same rights with their kids that I do with my kid, which is really weird.
Speaker 4: You know, that's got to be r that's grim too, because like, yeah, Princess Diana, right, also, like what had trouble with eating disorders and like with her in her time ascending to being in the royal family and all the stress that comes along with.
Speaker 3: That's the thing.
Speaker 4: It's like there's so much dark shit going on with the Royal family too that it feels like it could be anything like honestly, and they may have traded her like with aliens for some technology or some shit and be like, yeah, I don't know, man, like they wanted an infinite fuel source that they traded aliens for her for they were big fans, I guess.
Speaker 1: Give us your princess, Yes, what is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 5: Right now, I'm gonna say yoga is overrated because I've been doing it a long time and I'm still really tight in my hips and i do everything I'm supposed to do, and I'm a little annoyed, like when does this? When does this change?
Speaker 4: Is there is there a specific like is someone selling you sham yoga and just kind of being like, yeah, and that's yoga, Laurie.
Speaker 3: I'll be back next week and we'll just can then, Like the.
Speaker 5: Teachers always, as you're doing the poses they promise you know, this does this, this does this, and I do like hot yoga and uh and I haven't improved on any of my poses in years, no matter how how hard I try. And it's really the hip tightness. And yeah, i feel like I've been duped, but I'm also addicted, so it won't end. I'll just be unsatisfied.
Speaker 1: I have a friend who is a yoga like teacher, has been on the cover of like yoga magazines, is like really like a yoga influencer and has had to have hip surgery like multiple times because yoga is like really fucking hard on the hips. I guess really.
Speaker 4: Those are and those are yoga yoga based injuries.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, wows like, man, you gotta quit the yoga, man, right, you got to knock it off with the yoga.
Speaker 5: Is it possible? My hips are trying to save me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Not like get us out of the hot room, right, sit down on.
Speaker 5: A chair, try the lottis.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: They're like, yeah, reformer will work. Wonders.
Speaker 4: They're like, the hips are telling you, like Laurie, where this is it for us? We're where we're at it, so let's not let's not go any further standing.
Speaker 5: Bow is not for you, so stop drying. Yo. It's interesting. I didn't realize that.
Speaker 4: I wonder if you could seek damages like that.
Speaker 1: We're like, you know, I've been doing yoga for years, look at my range of motion. It has not improved. I feel like I should get some money back on some level.
Speaker 5: But I guess maybe, you know, like all yoga teachers only have yoga clothes to offer, Like I would just get some some old short.
Speaker 6: Used yoga mats and some blocks. They're like, hey, I got well, I got some new blocks. There they're still in the there's on the packaging, so that's gotta be worth like like thirty bucks, yeah, a couple of Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was just talking to my friend about how inflexible I am, and like there's part of me that's like this is this is when you're supposed to start like stretching and really get flexible or else I'm gonna be injured. But like I still I just like can't get myself to do that because the results just like aren't. I don't know, you should try. The results are not getting injured.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, but also too, you will really it does like it it sort of reverberates through your body.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well tight and doing that has relieved like some tightness here and there.
Speaker 3: So I don't know. There's look into mobility. Man, it's about the mobility too.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: You gotta keep those keep those joints.
Speaker 1: I'm very mobile. I walk a lot.
Speaker 3: I just can't bend my knees.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so walking it's like walking on stilt.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's the same way. He can't touch his toes without betting his knees. And he's only said team. I do feel like flexibility is like something you are born with or maybe if you do gymnastics when you're eight. Yeah, you know, really hardcore maybe you'll keep it, but it's hard to get more.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, plus I've got these really strong hammis, you know, just like quaking with energy at all times.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I was going to say, miles of somebody who can like pull his foot over his head, so it's rich for him to be like, oh yeah, dude.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I saw someone in the bottom. It's the zoom. Yeah, yeah, it is what it is.
Speaker 1: You should try it, man, Jack, go ahead, let's see what you got, dude, it is what it is.
Speaker 3: You don't read your own You don't read.
Speaker 4: You're the soul of your foot like a palm reading.
Speaker 5: Did you when you were a kid, did you do like a stretchy kind of sport?
Speaker 3: No, No, I played.
Speaker 4: I played ice hockey, for that's like the sport I played the most as a kid.
Speaker 3: So nothing like it.
Speaker 4: But I always I just remember like my cousin's doing it when I was like four years three or four years old, and I was like, let me see if I can do that, and that shit just went and yeah yeah, and then ever since then it's but then like in like my mom would always just be like kids' bodies are just flexible. Kid's bodies are just flexible. But she's also really flexible too, like.
Speaker 1: My mom can also get I think she could bite her own tone nails if she wanted to.
Speaker 4: So that's that's really the mark. Can you bite your own tone? And why would you not want to exactly test how strong those teeth are?
Speaker 1: Laurie, what's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 5: I guess well, if I'm going to go sports wise, let's say swimming is underrated, you know, as an Olympic sport, Synchronized swimming is underrated. Yeah, It's absolutely my favorite thing. It's so beautiful and difficult and anytime you post a clip so and post the clip of Martin Short and Harry Sheer from SNL and it's like, guys, can can these athletes just do one Olympic? One Olympics for that happing to see that clip? Please?
Speaker 4: It is I mean, it's iconic, but it's it's one of those things that I remember you the second you try. That's when you have respect for synchronized swimmers because you're like, oh, okay, what they're doing under well, okay, I can stay inverted underwater. And then you're you're like fucking flailing because you can't do like those like micro balance paddles that they do like their hands and yeah, respect believe that.
Speaker 5: But they all have to do them exactly the same, so, you know, but the eight of them and their hands are right next to each other and they can't mess up, and their legs have to say, their feet have to you know, meet at the top that you can have one foot you know, one person's feed higher than the other. So it's so hard.
Speaker 3: The team, the team.
Speaker 5: Version of it, you know, just the individual stuff on its own is really difficult too.
Speaker 3: But man, is.
Speaker 4: There individual like dancing kind of it used to be.
Speaker 5: Like synchronized with the music. That's what they That's what they meant.
Speaker 3: But like, oh right, got it?
Speaker 5: No, I mean like individually learning to do all those skills and then there's eight of you together learning to do it so that you're all you're you're as.
Speaker 3: One, right right right? Holy shit, there's eight.
Speaker 5: Of them there.
Speaker 3: I think they're lost powers.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to remember. It seems like at least six to eight on the in the team.
Speaker 1: Team.
Speaker 3: That's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that ship might as well be like a magic trick to me. I'm just like there's something I don't understand because that is looks completely impossible to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is really impressive.
Speaker 1: Synchronized diving. Yeah, that was pretty fun. That's like very meditative to just like watch people do that over and over again. I got into like the last Olympics. I would just like sit there and watch that for like an hour straight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's very cool looking. I like when they let these little sneak the sports in the Olympics, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, somebody made up four years ago.
Speaker 5: By accident when they did the same sim as your friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it got invented, like when somebody was trying to break againness Book of World Records, just like trying to I don't know, maybe most dives together. Yeah yeah, I mean because in twenty twenty eight, isn't we're gonna have flag football, aren't we?
Speaker 3: In the LA Olympics? So is that right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Flag?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's out there, so and I means, like America, you better clean the fuck up.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's what kids are playing these days. I feel like like young kids aren't playing like Pop Warner football, at least not the ones who grow up in New York City, Like I have nephews who just play like flag football, that's the version of football that they play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why not?
Speaker 1: I mean, which makes sense to me.
Speaker 4: A lot of cautionary tales out there for banging your fucking skull all over and over and you know turns out yeah, not being able to like navigate your own neighborhood. Did you ever see that that one that like ct documentary there's like the one soccer player, this woman who just headed the ball so many times, like it affected like she needed like GPS to get around her town because it was just like affecting so many things like that.
Speaker 3: And that's when I was like, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow.
Speaker 5: I read but I didn't. I didn't know that documentary. That's terrible. Was that ever gonna get better or she just permanently.
Speaker 4: I'm not did not feel hopeful.
Speaker 1: It was sort of like it was it was sort of covering like all kinds of sort of content. It was just like a it was sort of showing many different contact sports athletes and just sort of the varying degrees in which like these like repetitive head impacts kind of like were affecting people because it doesn't seem like across the board thing with heading the soccer ball at least I'm not. I didn't know about that, but that was like the first time I saw him, I was like, that makes sense. Yeah, Hey he got his bell rung.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. Yeah, that's all. That's all.
Speaker 4: You just got all Get back up there, man, Back up there.
Speaker 1: Man. This kid can take a lick and keep on ticking those stars you're seeing. That's your future, kid, when you're a superstar, Lean into it.
Speaker 3: Lean into it.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: It's so brutal.
Speaker 1: By the way, I can't navigate my neighborhood without GPS.
Speaker 3: But that's another star.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about that another time. Maybe I need a documentary crew.
Speaker 3: Follow me here.
Speaker 1: Let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. We're back for a segment we call we hate to see It, del We folks, we don't hate to see it. So two stories in this segment. We got Elon Musk losing out them fifty five billion dollar payday because a Delaware judge ruled to strike down the payment package. Now the company will have to propose a new, less whe wildly deranged compensation package unless he appeals, which he will and probably when. But people are pointing out this leaves a large chunk of his fortune hanging in limbo. Yes, buddy, oh man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, is that why he tweeted, don't incorporate in Delaware? And I didn't know that's that's probably why. But I mean, the reason he incorporated in Delaware, that's why all the credit card companies are they have barely they're very corporate friendly. So he must have been quite shocked that a judge wasn't. I mean, I guess it's because it's a publicly traded company, Tesla.
Speaker 1: Right, So yeah, and also it's a flagrant abuse of Oh it's crazy money.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: If you can't get away with that shil in Delaware. If there's a financial crime, you can't get away with Delaware. Man, Like you're up, bud.
Speaker 5: That's like Monaco going, come on, that's a.
Speaker 1: Bit much sense, really, that much like, yeah, the concept of having too much dip on your chip, I do not see that happening there. It's funny because like I was reading like Barons and other financial news to just to see what like their take is, and one of them just says it wasn't. This from Barons said quote it wasn't clear what options Tesla or Musk might have.
Speaker 3: In terms of pursuing an appeal.
Speaker 1: Oh good, so they have to like it, says, yeah, they would need to create a new comp package from us that can supersede this. Looking ahead in locked Muskin for Tesla through twenty thirty, I mean, that's just more stuff that don't understand. But the judge, it's interesting how the judge was just like, y'all, like what are you what are you guys doing here? Yeah, I mean this like something's going to have to give at some point, Like we can't just let the richest people in the world keep getting paying themselves more and more money. So I was not aware of this as an option of a judge just being like, no, well.
Speaker 4: It's because someone had to sue. A shareholder had to sue for that to happen.
Speaker 1: But maybe this will cause other shareholders to sue and you know, do like inject like a small sliver of sanity into the financial system that we're living under. His defense of the payday is and this is like truly wild. Like I've heard people say that he's doing this like space thing as a grift to like distract from just how much he's robbing everybody of money. But he literally said it's a way to get humanity to Mars when describing his fifty five billion dollar payday.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, So just straight up that's that's the thing only he wants. I don't know anyone who wants to go to Mars, right, you know, man, you guys do either.
Speaker 3: No, not at all.
Speaker 1: I mean we even saw what happened to people who want to go see the fucking Titanic. I'm like, we're good, Yeah, I'm fine.
Speaker 4: Here, just toiling on Terra Firma, okay, yes. And it's just like also interesting because like the way he said it too, is like he it up the way to get the humanity with to Mar's line with so Tesla can assist in potentially achieving that, like as if Oh, I'm sorry, Elon right, okay, so we're good here then yeah.
Speaker 1: The criticisms from this judge, it's aid the judge McCormick criticized the board's quote deeply flawed process and pointed out that the members of the compensation committee had long standing relationships with Musk. Tesla was quote unable to prove that the stockholder vault was fully informed because the proxy statement inaccurately described key directors as independent and misleadingly omitted details about the process, in which is just like elon being like, just help me out.
Speaker 5: So was it like May Musk and kimbro Musk right his family?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean he's doing financial crimes. But all these people are doing financial crimes all the time to pay themselves billions of dollars. So I mean at times I've been like, I don't know, like could a judge who like knows how much a banana costs down here, like with the rest of us who's like been grocery shopping in the past ten years, Like could they reach out and just be like, all, right, after fifteen billion, Like can we say that's enough? You're right, you have more money than you'll ever be able to you know, like some legal ruling. It seems like for now it's just going to be like when they flagrantly try to do just pay themselves the entire GDP of a small European nation in one like in one check, they're gonna be like, I don't think we can do that.
Speaker 5: And I don't know, I mean, Tesla, how do they have that much money. Is that money borrowed from a bank? Like, are they making that much of a profit. They seem to be, you know, collapsing and being recalled all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't get it.
Speaker 4: It's so I mean, like, I mean that they are selling cars, you know, and I think but apparently that that package would have fluctuated based on the stock price apparently, but it's all based off the company's valuation as well. But it's interesting to see that the people that are defending and be like, no Elon should get that, like sort of the line there is that it basically keeps him focused. It's like incentivizing him to focus on Tesla rather than all this other shit, which is so wild. You're like, that's the dumbest excuse I've ever heard. It's like, well, we got to pay him this much or else he's gonna like have his head literally in the fucking clouds trying to get to Mars or fucking up X or whatever the fuck.
Speaker 1: So it's like an enabling parent whose son is on drugs trying to like, yeah, we gotta get it, Like we're gonna give him a bunch of money for getting an a in math and that'll keep his keep him straight.
Speaker 3: He just told you he'd use that money on drugs. The drugs actually helped me keep my head straight.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so this, I mean, this is you could potential mom and dad, you could potentially help achieve my goal of yeah, of being fucking high as fuck all the time, slash going to Mars.
Speaker 5: I'm just distracted. There's still bros that support him as much as they did before he took over Twitter. You know, it's been such a such a mess, and and I feel like we all see he's in competent and incapable of doing what he says he wants to do, but there's still people like super behind him. I think they have a lot of Sheiba coins and they're really hoping that turns around.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they are upside down on doge coin and they're.
Speaker 5: Like, oh, yes, that's right.
Speaker 4: So ro Ron, Hey, you know, you know your ship coins, so but you knew it was also a fucking ship coin. But yeah, I mean it's like, I think it's also he sort of serves as like this aspirational place to go, as like a mediocre white guy, and yeah, with enough. I mean, if your dad owns an Emerald mind, then the sky is the fucking limit. But I think for many of that gets yeah exactly, We're like, he just did it on his own, despite this the his father's dynastic wealth. But I think that's the other thing is like you see these guys excuse it all the time. It's like, yeah, but he's like trying to do this, and like you were just haters and da da, And I think, you know, we're in an era where people just worship these sort of like fucking they think he's like Iron Man from the Marvel movies.
Speaker 3: And they're like, yeah, man, dude, he's fucking he's got it. This is the yea nice level shit.
Speaker 5: The problem with America is everyone thinks they're just one lottery to get away from being that, you know, And so they're like, well, I don't want I don't want those taxes. I don't want him to be text because what if I become a billionaire.
Speaker 1: I'd want to have more than fifteen billion dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Okay, here's a quick test for you aspirational billionaire. And if you don't answer yes to the first question, the answer is you are not going to be a billionaire. Question number one do your parents have five hundred thousand dollars in liquid assets they can just give you to start a little project. No, okay, then your your odds just went down to yeah, very low lower and snake titties.
Speaker 3: Nipples?
Speaker 5: Is your the day of the snake or is it day that.
Speaker 3: We said serpent?
Speaker 1: Yeah, in that serpent's nippbles, in that you ain't.
Speaker 5: Bore the more formal serpents nipples, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Exactly low and the medical term all right.
Speaker 1: Uh. And then also sad news for Christen Cinema. I mean, she's not out, but she is down at the moment. She raised five hundred and ninety five thousand dollars in the final three months of twenty twenty three, which sounds like a lot of money to me. It is less than one fifth of the total that her main Democratic challenger, Representative Ruben Diego, said his campaign raised during that same period. If like, for an incumbent to get like destroyed by five five x like with a challenger is pretty pretty bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, she put she put all of her effort into guaranteeing that everyone would absolutely be like, get out of my face, you absolute disgrace, because except corporations yeah. Yeah, well the second she went second she left the Democratic Party, like come on here, like what do you expect you know what I mean, Like you're an independent now, so of course, all the donors that had put you on your way to the Senate the first time, they're just getting behind gyego.
Speaker 1: What was a strategy? What was your plan? Yeah, dumb, dumb, I don't know. All these like corporations and like rich people who are really nice to me all the time, like they probably will help me stay in power.
Speaker 5: It's like, I mean, if she is not re elected, she gets escorted to the you know, boards of these places, you know what I mean, like take care of each other afterwards.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so I mean probably smart in the long run, but it looks bad for her political aspirations and smart like in a very self certain way throwing the world.
Speaker 8: Yeah, a serpent move, some might say a serpenteen move, absolutely, because yeah, I think now with the way that race is shaking up, she's trying to tack to the right kind of because the problem is with Carrie Lake.
Speaker 1: If you remember the bizarro gubernatorial candidate who refused to like be like it was stolen from me and annoyed everyone.
Speaker 4: Also, yes, like the Republicans on that side of the race are like attacking cinema to be like, she voted for ninety four percent of the Biden agenda, which is true. It's like she just she just dug her heels in for certain things that completely watered down a lot of bills, and a lot of people remember her for that. So I think because recently she for the first time voted against a judicial pick that Biden put forward, and everyone's like, what the fuck, Like you've been one hundred percent on those and then suddenly this like black magistrate judge. She was just like, no, I guess not, and was like thinking, like maybe that will change my percentages a little bit, maybe to ninety two percent. Yeah, so people will see me as a quote independent.
Speaker 1: But yeah, she's she serves herself so she can see herself out the door. Does not seem to be going according to plan because during that same period she spent way more than she raised, so raised five hundred and ninety five thousand, spent seven hundred and forty nine thousand, including hundreds of thousands on fundraising, consulting, and digital advertising.
Speaker 5: And probably cute outfits. I mean she dressed in a fun way. Yes, that that that I think that that led everyone to think she'd be cool, you know.
Speaker 3: Just cool. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, only seven seven hundred on paying campaign staff, so my.
Speaker 4: God, I mean she's trying to raise money. Does you remember there was like that story like the beginning of last year about how she was like selling her clothes on Facebook marketplace?
Speaker 1: Oh real? Yeah? Yeah, So she's fun. She's got a few different gigs. You know, she got some stuff in the air, she got some irons in the fire, so don't worry about her. She does still have nearly eleven million dollars in her campaign account, so she's probably gonna be okay.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately, unless she decides to keep it, right, Could she figure out a way to keep it if she decides I'm not going to win anyway, and why put up with this? Isn't there I mean, it's a violation, but there's probably legal ways to keep that money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's not that easy when it's all in a campaign account. So she'd have to like be engaged in a campaign to be able to get through a lot of it. And that's when people are like, I need it for my clothing. I need it for this and then sure there'll be some ethics violations going up, But what's an ethics violation these days?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or Donald Trump gets elected president makes everything legal. It's just like the perge twenty four hours a day, three hundred and sixty five days a year. All right. The Z insurrection is upon us. Yeah, As somebody who used to be addicted to nicotine, I have dabbled with Zen.
Speaker 3: Yeah in the past.
Speaker 4: You know about that pure nicotina pouch.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: I do know about Zen. It's not I did not find it very satisfying.
Speaker 4: Well, it's it's a tobacco free, just all nicotine pouch.
Speaker 3: You know. They can just pack right there in your lip. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And apparently it's like one of the fastest grow like one of the faster growing nicotine products in terms of popularity, and it seems to be attracting more and more younger users. And there's like an entire subculture of like video reviews or like fucking this term Z influencers. Yes, that kids are being proposed to on TikTok, and that concerned Senator Chuck Schumer, and he basically made a statement calling on the FDA and the FDC just like you want to look into this, like maybe we need some more oversight in products like this. If kids are just like seeing this stuff and like watching videos of a dud been like how many fucking zin bombs.
Speaker 3: Can I pack in my mouth? It won't go?
Speaker 4: And you know, like like maybe there's something going on, and that just that statement about being like, can we look into this product that like young kids are kind of miners are getting into just set off a bunch of just a right wing screen fest. The terms insurrection. I wish I had coined that. That was actually Marjorie Taylor Green who said that she said, Wow, this calls for a z insurrection and then like other people are saying she's talking about just because Democrats want to legalize all drugs.
Speaker 1: Representative Richard Hudson said that quote, big brother Schumer doesn't want us to chew or smoke.
Speaker 4: John Federman, Yeah, John Fetterman, who has recently, you know, shown his independent streak or his you know, when he's not cosplaying as Apac Shakur basically said tobacco is legal, and he's got more of like a freedom aspect about you like increased oversight he's the male cinema.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like there's like a nicotine subreddit where some dude, like a highly upvoted post was like, dude, if they get if they fucking try and take this in, I'll make January sixth look like a tea party, which I think was a bit hyper hyperbolic, but still a lot of people were like, dude, they better not, Man, they better not.
Speaker 1: People get mad when you fuck with their nicotine, you know, Like it's so I could I could see there being just a lot of very pathetic insurrections happening, just like the just most depressing temper tantrums you've ever seen. Well, because you even see like how the tobacco lobby like they deploy like these astro turf like smokers' rights groups like back in the day and like these like people to sort of create these outrage campaigns like on behalf of the industry. And clearly many of these people are open to donations from that industry, so of course they're gonna be.
Speaker 3: Up here and be like, it's just what the fuck's going on with this?
Speaker 1: And like the research in terms of what nicotine only products do is pretty slim because most of our understanding with nicotine is like through tobacco products, So this is like a tobacco free nicotine product, which is I think created this sort of like sort of gray area where people can claim all.
Speaker 4: Kinds of shit because it's just nicotine. Because like Peter Teal has said that using nicotine patches will raise your IQ ten fucking points.
Speaker 3: He's like, that's that's true.
Speaker 1: Oh well, yes, are pretty problematic, but well I'll probably talking about the wrong guy.
Speaker 3: Peter Teal aren't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's you know, it's like a stimulant, so you can see how that might create like you know, kind of get your your head going. This other guy who works for the communications director for the State Freedom Caucus Network just a bunch of just right wing nonsense network, so quote it gets a creative juice is flowing during the day when I'm working and shit posting and whatnot. But I think Tucker Carlson seems to be the biggest influencer when it comes to the rights love of nicotine, because like we've heard him say this like all the time. He's always talked up nicotine is like this wonder thing, and he was recently, dude, he was recently on the Full Send podcast actually about ten months ago, talking about his love for zins and just I just want you to listen to the way this guy is like preaching the fucking Zin gospel in this interview.
Speaker 3: This is Tucker Carlson.
Speaker 9: Don't get me going.
Speaker 3: So I use it.
Speaker 9: You know, every second I'm awake and in bed. I'm not embarrassed of it. Sleep with one in or no, I don't because I don't want to choke on it. But seconds I read in bed, so seconds before I fall asleep, I take it out. I've never had one of my dogs eat a zin pouch, though I'm not against it.
Speaker 3: Because I think they would take it. But yeah, I'm not embarrassed of it at all.
Speaker 5: I can't answer.
Speaker 9: And what I find so interesting back to my and I don't want to like reveal myself as a crackpot on your show. No, no, But I think the hostility to nicotine is crying telling. I mean, obviously cigarette smoking can be.
Speaker 3: Bad for you.
Speaker 9: It's not bad for everybody, but over time it can hurt cigarette smoking for loved ones die from it. Nicotine it's not a carcinogen. Actually, they're all kinds of medical benefits. Of it which are documented.
Speaker 3: Buckle up.
Speaker 9: It increases mental acuity, raises your testosterone level. It may be a prophylactic against Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.
Speaker 1: Cut to full sen Prodcasts Full said podcast. Okay, we don't want to We don't want to get dinged for medical misinformation here. Yeah, so you hear that shit, libs. It will protect you from Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. Sleep dimulents are good for you, and being addicted to a thing is good for you. It's good for your mental health, your spiritual health.
Speaker 3: It's good.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be a better person when you're addicted to this product.
Speaker 5: It doesn't look like it's making him exercise.
Speaker 1: Though, like, oh he's gotten I want.
Speaker 5: To stimulate something that gets me on a treadmill a little bit. But also, there's such shortages of RIDDLING and ad add and ADHD drugs that I mean, some people have to turn to some thing, right is that? Is this a viable replacement.
Speaker 3: For you know what?
Speaker 4: You should probably right there the lobby's talking points there, because I haven't heard anyone be like and.
Speaker 1: With eighty HD shortage, what else are we supposed to have? Our nation students used to stay focused so they can achieve their dreams.
Speaker 5: It's ry, guys, I just got one hundred dollars for saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your price is way too low.
Speaker 4: But wait, Lori just changed Lurie just changed her display name on Twitter. You're Lori kill martins In Okay. Very interesting but coincidence.
Speaker 1: I was say I was addicted to like smoking cessation nicotine delivery things for like a decade basically recently got off them. I have to say I'm much better. I feel like I'm much healthier and happier without them. But I I was definitely like somebody who like had nicotine gum in a lot of the time, like right the Tucker Carlson. Yeah, it's a little like it actually calmed me down, Like I would do it before bed, like Tucker. Uh. I get most of my health regimens from Tucker Carlston. But yeah, no, I would do it to relax because I do. I. Yeah, I think there's like some add stuff in there.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: Well, the fact that you said it actually calms me down, I was like, yeah, notedants calmed me down.
Speaker 1: But I've been such an asshole for the past year.
Speaker 4: But it's just interesting because this is just part of like the culture war battle to like sort of paint the left or Democrats is like wanting to legalize all drugs.
Speaker 3: But nicotine bad.
Speaker 4: And they also have like this like really idealized view of like that like coincided with like this American like this great era of American innovation when like all the great inventors were fucking chaining it up, man like, and look what happened to us.
Speaker 3: We're fucking chicken shit.
Speaker 4: Now it's because we don't smoke cigarettes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's that easy.
Speaker 4: It's the it's the fucking cigarettes that may have contributed to the waning of the innovation here.
Speaker 3: But yeah, like it.
Speaker 4: Should be noted that Schumer wasn't talking about banning them, just increased scrutiny since parents are noticing their kids are talking about it more and just catching their kids with this shit. So it's just sort of more of a continuation of like the vaping tuggle war that we saw like when jewels were like all the kids were doing jewels and shit, they're like the flavors are too much like candy that appeals to kids, and it's just more like, yeah, they also these things have flavors too, and they're just saying, well, maybe maybe some oversight there.
Speaker 5: But it's almost like, look, if kids, fourteen year olds can work in a meat packing factory and shoot an AK forty seven, they should be allowed to have a nicotine patch, right or some sort of that's their argument.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe like this because smoking cessation things like things that are just nicotine like nicotine patches, and like they're like little pellets, Like they're so expensive compared to the things that actually have tobacco in them. They're like crazy expensive. So that seems to be like what Zen. The innovation that Zen has offered is that it's like a non tobacco nicotine delivery system that is not like seventy dollars for you know, a couple of days worth. So yeah, so yeah, let kids have nicotine patches at school. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about the biggest the largest cruise ship in the history of the world.
Speaker 3: And we're back.
Speaker 1: I'm still not over the part where he was like, I wouldn't mind if my dogs ate my nicotine patches.
Speaker 3: You know, I think he'd like it.
Speaker 1: But you're not supposed to eat them and they weigh like one fourth what you weigh And.
Speaker 4: The beginning part of that anecdote is there, he says, it's just it's the way he sets it up. It sounds like a fucking ad where he's talking about how this guy that was dating his daughter was like using him and then on a new at a New Year's party.
Speaker 3: Like Tucker's like, hey, what's that and he's like, and he told me it's the future?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: No, yeah, Like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, if you want to hear let me let me play it because it's it's pretty aggressive.
Speaker 9: Like anyway, so a boy that one of my daughters was dating New Year's twenty twenty was at my house and he pulls this out.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what is that? He goes, It's the future.
Speaker 9: It's the future. It's a non tobacco nicotine delivery device where you get all the whole grain good to some nicotine, but none of the downside.
Speaker 4: That's that's like a fucking ad word for a word too.
Speaker 3: It's a nicotine.
Speaker 4: It's a tobacco free nicotine delivery device. It's like, did that kid work for his and my daughter? My daughter only dates corporate lobbyists.
Speaker 1: Right, I told my daughter, you can either bring gun lobbyists or tobacco lobbyist in this.
Speaker 4: I don't want to hear anything else.
Speaker 9: We drove to seven to eleven and I stocked up. I got all the different flavors coffee, a lot of intriguing flavors, I would say, but I stuck.
Speaker 3: Oh my, and it's been a massive life enhancer.
Speaker 9: I'd really recommend it to you.
Speaker 1: It's God. Yeah, this is making me want to do it too.
Speaker 3: A life enhancer, Tucker me something that yum yum.
Speaker 1: All right, well, speaking of the future, we have seen the future. It is the world's largest cruise ship, the Icon of the Seas Behold, embarked on its first commercial voyage this weekend. Longer than the Eiffel Tower is tall, features twenty decks, a water park, indoor waterfall, bowling alley, and the ever present sense that human is completely doomed.
Speaker 3: Yeah wow, all that?
Speaker 5: Oh, I mean, how many? How many murders can be committed on that thing?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: You get out to international waters twenty different decks to push someone off or you're.
Speaker 1: So right because so we're like the big thing that people are pointing out is that obviously, well, first of all, it just looks like if you've ever seen a picture of it, somebody said it was probably look like human lasagna to the workAs. But it's just it gives me anxiety to look at it, like like it looks like it would be absolutely fucking groaning to stay upright in the water. And like the President of Royal Caribbean's like, this the biggest, baddest ship on the planet. I'm like, don't sound like a fucking five year old bragging about your dad's new car, Like, yeah, just de responsible with whatever this horrifying sciences that makes us possible. But it's it's a huge polluter obviously, Like it's you know, the amount of fuel that's needed. So they the way they got around that is they advertised that it uses this environmentally friendly fuel liquefied natural gas LNG and it's the cleanest burning marine fuel, which it turns out is absolutely not true. It actually ultimately emits seventy to eighty percent more greenhouse gas emissions per trip than if it used regular marine fuel. It just like takes away one one kind of emission and like blasts out a whole bunch of.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, that's the thing. You you missed. You missed.
Speaker 1: The real part, Jack, is that it cuts down CO two by a quarter and then methane emissions go up by like one hundred.
Speaker 3: Something like that.
Speaker 4: Well, look, we're focused on CO two man, that's the thing we're talking about. Carbon man, Carbon. Yeah, it's it's really it's uh, it's just we we love a bit of green Washington folks.
Speaker 1: But so we're we're looking at story and like there's an NGO that's filed complaints in the UK about like them breaching advertising rules by advertising it this way, and our writer jam is pointing out, but like, nothing's gonna happen in the current system because they spend so much on lobbying and the stuff that they lobby. They spend millions each year on lobbyists. Last year they spent four million dollars. And the things that they lobby over include issues ranging from sanitation and health laws to quote crime reporting. The straight up they straight up lobby to not have to report crimes.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: So first of all, sanitation and health laws, I don't know. I don't want you to be and I don't want the people making the money to be in control of like the sanitation and health laws of that.
Speaker 5: That's just what they're dumping into the sea, right or is it.
Speaker 1: Or even on board, so what they're keeping what they're allowed to do, like make us living inside of Yeah, oh god, it's not our fault if you get cholera and scarlet fever and die from diarrhea during the course of the vacation on.
Speaker 4: It, because I remember, like when at the onset of COVID, there were like all those horror stories about people stuck on cruise ships and how they just turned into like these Petrie dishes. So I'm sure part of that lobbying is like, man, don't don't make us have to like end one of our money making journeys because like fifty percent of the passengers have COVID or something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: But by crime reporting, I'm pretty sure they mean like we don't really need to report crimes, right, like straight up just succession level. We've been letting people like just kill people on our boat.
Speaker 5: Some passengers did, just didn't come back. That's all we're reporting. We went out with one thousand and came back with nine eighty.
Speaker 1: The Mystery of the Sea, am I right, folks say, just fucking wild those are actually pretty good percentages for US. Seventy seven out of eighty is actually pretty good. We're improving our numbers the seventies. And yeah, just you know, we earlier talked about the revolving door between politics and making money. The group that is currently in charge of lobbying for the cruise ship industry headed by former White House staffer who worked with Hillary Clinton and who previously led the Democracy Alliance, a network of wealthy donors who coordinate donations to liberal organizations.
Speaker 5: So was it, do you have a name? I'm just curious.
Speaker 1: I just assumed absolutely, Craighead is the last name.
Speaker 5: Oh, I don't know, mister Head, but he's taking care of Yeah, how do you pronounce cinema? Will be ahead?
Speaker 4: Yeah? And then another guy was was Donald Rumsfelds spokesperson. You got the best of the best on this gig right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: But anyways, it's, uh, this thing's a monstrosity. Like there are environmental groups who are arguing that maybe cruise ships shouldn't be a thing. They only pollute, and they don't the only thing they provide is like leisure, They don't.
Speaker 5: They they do provide work for comics at the end of their careers.
Speaker 3: That's true. I mean, yeah, I don't know it.
Speaker 1: It does suck that like this would this would definitely be the thing that gets cut out before yachts, right like before the private yachts of the billionaire class.
Speaker 4: But yeah, that's what they or they just turned into a thing where it's like, well, now that there's no cruise ships, you gotta get on these like fucking yachts, man, Like that's where it's at and just you know, aspire to do the.
Speaker 3: Yacht thing now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's funny, like I was watching a video of someone like doing a vlog getting on like the Maiden Voyage, and it's it's it's nightmarish. Like I look, I'll admit it, Like I enjoy a cruise. There's something about I think I've been like my grandparents were big cruisers, and ever since then, I've been like, oh, man, Like I think I was also like coincided with me and going being in puberty and like never like always being hungry. So being on a fucking cruise ship was like I'm hungry right now and I can eat seven thousand pizzas and fries and burger and my no one, and I don't have to have the restraints of my parents been like order off the kid's menu or some shit like that. Yeah, I mean I haven't been in years, but like there's definitely like a I have a fondness for the activity.
Speaker 1: You're saying you contribute to that lobbying organization.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, give me.
Speaker 1: They do important war money, right.
Speaker 3: They do important work.
Speaker 4: But all that to say, I was watching this video of these people who were like I guess like vloggers who fucking just go on cruises like all the time, and it's just weird to see their level of excitement, like, oh my gosh, this is the Pearl and it's just like some shitty looking orb in the middle of the ship that like you walk through like a staircase, and then just like how low the bar is for these people to get so excited because it's it's like a fever dream on that thing. There's just so much shit crammed on top of other stuff, Like visually, it's so chaotic that I definitely don't see how like you could relax on that.
Speaker 5: But like going to how people are with Disneyland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was going to say Disney adults.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and also there's that one cruise that's going to every continent for a year, right, and yeah, people are you know posting the drama and stuff on their tiktoks about yeah what it's like, you.
Speaker 4: Know, and there's like a beef between the World Travelers and the segmentors. I don't know if you oh, that's right, it's yeah some people. Yeah, some people had to buy that like nine month around the World voyage everything up like up front for every single thing. And then because the sales were kind of like relax, they're like they allowed people to just purchase different segments of the voyage, and so all those people are like like apparently I've seen a few tiktoks.
Speaker 3: Like being excluded from all these groups on Facebook because they don't want segmentors involved, because they feel they're really pissed off that segmentors got a better deal than them, and they just all they can do, like, and these people like who bought the World package are like all I'm like, all I'm I am is being reminded every day for nine months that I overpaid for some shit and I fucking hate and you're like.
Speaker 5: I mean I love that both groups are unhappy because they hate them both.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, truly you got Lori segmentors of the world.
Speaker 3: They lose, we win.
Speaker 1: Lori Kilmartin. Such a pleasure having you. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: You know you can find everything at Lori Kilmartin dot com. L A U R I E on one of those lories. Kill Martin went l and kill Martin and my specials there and old specials are there, and TikTok and Instagram and Twitter links and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Amazing. Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, I'm watching the Fear of the Walking Dead with my son. We watched all of The Walking Dead, all eleven seasons seasons this year, and now we're watching Fear of and uh, I'm so bummed. I didn't get into it when it was like real time, but it's great.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 5: I didn't think i'd love zombie stuff and I love it amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I haven't watched that.
Speaker 3: I'll have to check it out.
Speaker 5: It's a huge investment of your time. Yeah, it's massive.
Speaker 1: I won't check it out, but I will say that I might check that out.
Speaker 4: I love how quickly you just did, Like, I can't be that deceptive.
Speaker 1: I got to be true to myself here. I'm not going to check that shit out. There's so much TV I need to watch.
Speaker 5: I know, I know, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's why I have like so many dreams where I'm like behind in the syllabus in college again, is because because I'm behind on TV so much. My god, damn it.
Speaker 3: Now. Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 5: What I'm watching that's more current is something called Money Heights. Have you heard of it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's like a Spanish show, originally.
Speaker 5: Spanish show, and they also did a Korean version where they had a similar plot as a Spanish one, but they switched a bunch of stuff up because they made it like a collaboration between North and South Koreas. There's all this other stuff going on politically. I just watched them both. They're so great. They're on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Nice Miles, Where can people find you as their working media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, find me on the app based platforms Miles of Gray. Also find Jack and Ire on Jack and Are on our basketball podcast, Miles and Jack Gott Mad Bursts and if you like Nandy Day Fiance. You can find me on my other podcast with Sofia Alexandra for twenty Day Fiance. Let's see a tweet that I like is from al at the Dark Prowler and there's just like this. There's a video post underneath it and it's Stephen A Smith sports commentator at like a video screen that like has like a bunch of Pokemon like like characters on it. And the tweet says me trying to conceal trying to conceal tears after learning my wife cheated on me, my five year old son in the back of my GMC grand Sierra.
Speaker 10: You know what, I kind of like Charrazad, the fire on the tail, the wings he can fly to Pokemon, the claws on his feet, he could use that as a weapon. He's not as limited as blast toys or than a soul.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, keep your chin up, folks, you know, protect them kids, man.
Speaker 3: Sorry Trawlers.
Speaker 1: Tweet I've been enjoying. Alan Wagner tweeted this picture of at least all my neighbors are on the same page for once, and it's just like one of those public postings on a telephone pole. Someone posted how to punish my daughter question mark my daughter is biting hair. I'm a single father, so I don't have the quote maternal instinct calling all moms. Best way to tell her this is not okay without being too harsh, please write the answer. And then the first line says, feed her a stew, Feed her a stew that makes her blind, And then the next line says, feed her a stew that makes her go blind for one day, and then the next one says stew that blinds her for a day, Feed her a type of stew that makes her blind for one day, and then the last one says one day blinding stew.
Speaker 3: Shit fucking destroyed.
Speaker 1: Anyway you mean? You can find me liking things like that on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeikeeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram, we have a Facebook fan page and a website Daily zeikeist dot com where we post our episodes and our foot nope off to the information that we talked.
Speaker 3: About in today's episode, as well as a.
Speaker 1: Song that we think you might enjoy mild What song do you think people might enjoy.
Speaker 4: I was talking about this, these dang TikTok beats get stuck in my head, and there it's an instrumental to a rap song. I played this for you yesterday by the artist or group, I'm not sure, the Buttress. And but the thing that's been trending is the instrumental version of the track.
Speaker 3: I haven't even heard what.
Speaker 4: The track sounds like with vocals, so I'm going to represent I'll recommend the instrumental because it just sounds like a creepy, like fight beat, like a fife like I'm like talking about, like I don't know, like medieval hip hop kind of thing. It's called brutus parenthetical instrumental, So the instrumental.
Speaker 3: To the track Brutus.
Speaker 4: And I'm sure if you're online as much as I am, you've probably heard it.
Speaker 3: But it's kind of a kind of a dope beat. So check that out, all right.
Speaker 1: We will link off to that in the footnotes. The Daily Zeitgeist is the production of iHeart Radio. For more podcasts from My Heart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is gonna do it for us this morning Back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we will talk to you all then. Bye bye bye