Speaker 1: I think that the world is not being positive enough about Willow Nightingale. I think we see her because she's because she's such a face as she smiles, and she's doing such a good job of being the good guy wrestler that we're not giving enough credits. I think she should have like a Bailey moment where people realize, like, this chick is really good.
Speaker 2: And now you're mad.
Speaker 3: Even introducing ghosts wrestling Win Forreddy, Jeff Died and for Ready Friends tunor what's up?
Speaker 2: Everybody?
Speaker 4: Welcome to a brand new episode, a sad, sad episode of wrestling with Freddy because it was the end of a career, Jeff, and it not only broke my heart, but it broke my pocketbook too. We're gonna get into that and everything else in a minute, but first off, we'll tell you about the week weekend. How we're doing. Jeff, you have a lovely jacket as the weather cools to keep you warm. I thought it was a vest, but you you explained it to me, but it could be a cool la and I vest. I'm just saying, how is your weekend, sir? Weekend was good.
Speaker 1: It is getting colder here in Los Angeles, the rest of Earth doesn't want to hear us complain about sixty five degrees winter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh it's freezing. I gotta put on my north face.
Speaker 1: Fleet me too, I'm talking about I have been rocking vests lately because of you, and because of our pridisier Alex, and because of La Night. I'm feeling very vest You're feeling very vesty lately.
Speaker 2: I love it. But so this isn't one. But just since you mentioned it, I wanted to let everyone know you will.
Speaker 4: Be seeing me in more vests. Oh yeah, it's because you got balls, bro, That's why I'm big. I love balls to rock the vest, all.
Speaker 1: Right, cowboys wear them. You know a lot of You're the last cowboy, You're the last cold. Yeah, with the last vest. My weekend was good. I didn't get to watch Wrestle Dream Live. I was at Disneyland, the happiest place on earth if you're twelve or maybe like fifteen.
Speaker 2: My daughter's fifteen, so yes, it's still cool that she she does.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she likes the rides. She doesn't care about the princesses and all that stuff. She just wants to go on the rides and see if like is tower of Terror or now it's the Avengers Tower. I don't know, the one that goes up and down. She was like, I want to see if it's scarier after two pm, like they said, and it was.
Speaker 2: Sometimes a girl at that age is already like over everything and just wants to like talk to her friends or be on the phone or something. But like she likes it. She still enjoys Disney.
Speaker 4: You know, she likes rides. She's going to Horror Nights. We're going to knots Berry Farm, which has way like more hardcore adult rides that do like tons of flips, more my speed. But Disney is still cool. Man, Like, the kids had a blast and they were super good to us. We did that host thing again that oh nice, yeah, oh yeah, you guys hate it, but man, without it, I would have been a pinball and a pinball machine jack with people going.
Speaker 2: Hey is that? Wait?
Speaker 5: No, that's not hey is that? And I was like, well, I just want to kill out run. They only hate it. They only hate it because they ain't it. That's what's going on. If everyone could do the guide that they do it.
Speaker 2: We had. She was the nicest lady. Her name was Haley Shout out to Haley. She was so good to my kids.
Speaker 4: And another family was there with us with their baby, and their baby had guts.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: The baby was only eight years old or eight years eight months old and was going on like every ride you're allowed to bring a baby on, and didn't cry once. She was laughing eight months eight months, So like the Peter Pan rides and all these like things that are safe for her to be on, they can bring her on as long as they're holding her. We even went on like this one that was like a goofy train ride thing.
Speaker 2: And I don't remember the name of the ride. Sorry. I also don't read the title pages of my script, so I'm not like crapping on right now.
Speaker 4: But yeah, she went on everything rides where I was like, oh, my freaking neck, and she's.
Speaker 2: Like, ah, I didn't even know you could gangs.
Speaker 1: I need to google eight months old. I didn't even I don't know what eight months looks like. But I would have never guessed that they could be on a ride bigger than a bread box, bigger than a bread box.
Speaker 2: Wild.
Speaker 4: But they're not like running around and stuff like that. All right, you guys, you heard enough about our bullshit. Just catching up with us. Yeah, just catching up. It's time to talk some wrestling. Wrestle dream for your boy. Freddie was a wrestle nightmare. My picks were not good. But if you're a listener of the show and you have the discerning taste that we know you do, you know that when you listen to the show and you follow these shows picks, we're more right than we are wrong, and sometimes we're perfect. And in this case, you like, well, yeah, until the end, okay, but who cares? You got your picks wrong, but you liked it. No, But I was sad that Danielson lost. Here's what's awesome is he totally lost and went out on his terms the way he wanted to go out, and it was such like an old school way, like when a wrestler would leave a territory and everyone would attack him and you know, beat his ass out of there. So that in that regard it felt cool and was awesome. But Brian was one of my favorite guys.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 4: Brian was one of the first guys that ever came to my little like acting class when I worked at WWE, Like when everyone else was shitting all over and it was like I'm not gonna fucking go to that. It was like him, Miss and Nemath were like the three first dudes that showed up, and he was so frigging cool and was like he wasn't like, hey, I'm here, let's learn. He was like, I'm gonna see if you're legit, if you actually care, or if you're just here to you know, party with Vince and try to sleep with divas and all that kind of stuff. Right, And well, you know, that's how they looked at Hollywood, like that's how they wanted hot. They really wanted to keep Hollywood out of there, because that's that's was their perception of it, right or wrong.
Speaker 2: But with me, they were wrong. I was, well, Wrestling's always been the circus and Hollywood's always been Hollywood, and so I imagine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they don't like outsiders in there. So a lot of a lot of cats made me earn it, which was okay, and he was one of them. But once he saw that, I was like, I actually cared about these these guys and girls, and I wanted to see, you know, help make their dreams come true and see good things happen for him. And you know, I'd even talk to him just if they were having a bad day, if I had time, and once he kind of saw that he was so cool and started like telling other like young wrestlers, like no, it's not it's not bullshit, Like he's actually trying to help us. So I have I have like a and we're not friends, like I don't have his number or anything like that. But I just always respected that about him, and I always liked him extra because of that. So when I saw him become champion, despite the fact the company did not have a plan to make him champion, that was the people that made that with their yes chant to see him accomplish all the things he accomplished and then have it all taken away because they didn't want him to wrestle anymore because they didn't want to be liable for a lawsuit later in life, which was the only reason why in my in my view, that they would do something like that. So he goes to another company, helps build that company, wasn't one of the wasn't the first guy there, but was there in the early times, helped build it to what it is now, gave some phenomenal matches, and got to go out on his terms. All that sounds great, except I really like watching him wrestle, so that story sucks for me. I don't want him to be I don't want him to be gone.
Speaker 1: But don't you think there's so many more things to respect, like you know, like as far as like sure, we won't get to see him, but he did make a multiple claims that he's doing this for his family. He's doing it for his kids or kid daughter. I think he's doing it hour two or one. Yeah, he definitely he's doing it for his kid, he's doing it for his wife, he's doing it for his body. Right, like a lot of wrestlers, maybe we should have seen it a little earlier, and you guys.
Speaker 4: Did I'm the one that turned a blind eye. You guys explained this in your pick like I also like list well, well, yeah, you're betting with what you want. But I will say, like I also predicted it last week. He'll be back. He'll be back. He's they don't go anywhere, so it's fine.
Speaker 1: Even when he had that neck injury and they wasn't cleared to wrestle, we saw him every week for years. With that, you know, they found a way to put him in wrestling somehow. So wrestling is too much a part of this guy for him to disappear. We'll still see him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, you're right. Well, let's just keep talking about the main event. Then we can get into the other matches as time allows. He lost the match abruptly in a rear naked choke. Moxley didn't have his feet hooked in the in the hips. He could have gotten his ankle turned the way he had that foot grip.
Speaker 2: But that's okay, that's all right. It was pro wrestling, not jiu jitsu.
Speaker 4: Brian didn't see the ankle locked there, that's all right, and he got choked out unconscious, and then, of course, because it's going to be an old school finish and they're going to run the guy out, they all tried to murder Brian Danielson a second time until help finally came and arrived in the form of Wheeler Judah and Darby Allen, who wrestled earlier that night and had brutal, freaking match. Man, that dude is built like Gumby. I swear to god, man, it's the only way he's able to do that. They came out, they got beat down, private party. Another team that gave a hell of a match and a great ending, man like when the dude broke down. We can get into that later if you want. But they came out, man, they got beat up. It took everybody and their grandma to come out there and help Wheeler Uda.
Speaker 2: Son of a bitch.
Speaker 4: You turned on him, He turned on Brian Danielson, You tried to murder him too. All he ever did was look out for you, son of a bitch, And then they finally got him out of there on a freaking stretcher, which is an awesome, slash horrible way to go out.
Speaker 2: I liked it.
Speaker 4: I was just sad mess the end of a I know you, like you said, and you're dead right, You're He's gonna come back. He'll be in a match here, He'll be in a match there like every five years. But it's just you know, he I think he's one of the greats, right, But also what if?
Speaker 2: What if?
Speaker 1: What what if he comes back next week?
Speaker 2: And it was like, do you know what I'm saying? What if he comes back? He's he goes? Really you guys thought I was gonna leave on a stretcher.
Speaker 1: No, you've lit a fire under my ass and Brian Danison is back. Nobody, nobody turns on me like that, you know, just completely swarm everybody as far as like yeah, that would.
Speaker 2: Be the biggest ever.
Speaker 4: That's like Barbara streisand retiring and then being like, all right, I'm done with the business, and the very next week announcing a tour, the Yeah World Tour, which w I.
Speaker 1: Need to remind wrestling fans of Michael Jordan, Brett farre Tom Brady. How often do we see someone go I'd say it, I'm calling it, write your little cute Facebook post about how much you'll miss me, then bat a boom.
Speaker 4: The next month they're right back at it. Well, I secretly hope you're right or yeah, that happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Also, the Blackpool Combat Club is so rad. There're so me dude, They're dicks.
Speaker 1: I've never loved anything the way I love it, the way John Moxley has reinvented himself and like the earring, the bald head, the all black, the way they're just coming out there saying listen, just being like you know what, I never got my flowers, I've never gotten my respect the way I should. And I'm done tap dancing for Vince McMahon. I'm done tap dancing for Tony Kahan. We're gonna go out there and we're gonna show everyone that we're the best. No frills, no gimmicks, no costume in music, which we love, costume of music. I'm not criticizing any of that, but it's these guys who have just said, enough's enough, Vendetta ride, let's go. And I think they're the coolest thing that's in wrestling right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're badass, but they're jerks. Man beat up and Daniel Brian or Brian Danison like that. That's some bullshit, but whatever.
Speaker 1: I think everyone can identify with that though, and not getting their flowers and then being like, I'm gonna take my flower.
Speaker 4: That's what you're clicking with that, that's what it is. They found so something that you could like genuinely click with and now you can ride or die with them. See, that's why wrestling's cool. Man, They'll find something like that. I've gotten flowers before. Man, they die.
Speaker 2: That is true. They flowers don't last long. They're pretty, but they don't last long.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Back of the day, they used to do these things called like I don't know if they still do it like the Nickelodeon Awards or they and the.
Speaker 2: Kids give you a big surfboar. Yeah, surfboards.
Speaker 4: So I had one like a bunch of those surf I don't know, like three or four or five something like that. I gave them away to some to some kid, like the very next day. They were in the back of my truck and I was going surfing on a real surfboard. You couldn't surf on those. And I had driven myself to the event, like I was the only dag ass that like didn't get a limousine. I was like, man, I just want to drive myself so I can leave when I want to leave and not have to wait. So I had parked in like ballet then and walked in. Was the only asshole that did that and won those surfboards. And some kid was like, yo, man, I saw you on that show, and uh you won those those surfboards? Man, are those them? You take them with you everywhere? And I was like, no, you dig I just don't want him. I forgot him in there. They're still in the car, and he was like, dude, let me have him if you don't care. I was like, bro, take them, and so he took them. I don't know if he tried to surf or not, but I don't have any of them.
Speaker 2: Game. I love that.
Speaker 1: I saw one of those in Dane Cook's garage and it was just covered in dirt and I was like, Oh, all those other like awards and his letterman Q cards, all that stuff is gone his office wall, but this one's just in the garage.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: That was one of those award shows where they were like, hey, do you want to come to the to the Teen Choice Awards? And I said no, and they said, well you what if we told you you won all these awards?
Speaker 2: And I was like, fine, I'll fucking go.
Speaker 4: I think I was like twenty years old, maybe twenty one, dude, it was.
Speaker 1: It also might have gotten a little bit better of placement in your home if it was not a giant surfboard.
Speaker 2: They were small though.
Speaker 4: They weren't even like a six foot or like like you know, decapitator, which I can't surf anymore.
Speaker 2: I'm forty eight years old.
Speaker 4: I surf a longboard, but like I used to surf like a six to two and this was like a five to two so it's not even a surfable board. It just has to take up a huge space that just goes look at me.
Speaker 2: And I don't. I don't want that in my house. Too big for a bookshelf. Still, some guy probably turned it into modern arts somewhere in Venice.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: It's it probably looks sweet until it got burnt up and sold or something. I'm going to find it. I'm going to find out the internet. It's going to go in my house, all right, dude.
Speaker 4: Former guest of the show, Mariah May the Champion say that again, the champ. She's not losing this belt for a long ass time, not until Australia against Tony Storm against Willow Nightingale. Now, see, our producer wants us to say that he was wrong on this one because he had picked Britt Baker. But Britt Baker got sick. She had strep throat, which I used to get as a kid all the time. And then I had puberty and boom, never got sick again. Well that's not true. I got sick a few times, but rarely get sick. It's puberty. But anyway, he wants you to believe that, oh, he made a mistake and pick Brett Baker. No, he did not, And I'm not going to lie on this show. I'm a dealer of truth, Jeff. I'm always good man. I always deal from the top of the deck, so our honorable man.
Speaker 1: But I'll say it, Alex got this wrong. What a stupid idiot? Can you believe he didn't even predict that Britt Baker will get strep throat. What a dumb dumb We all like that, you like the Blackpool Combat Club. He just unnecessarily cruel. Look, man, we knew Mariah this. If you if you didn't listen to me on this one, shame on you. But everyone and our grandma knew who was going to win this match. If this was a betable match on whatever sites are out there that you can bet on, and you didn't bet it, that's a mistake. That's a big time mistake. This was a lock. This was a guarantee. This was like to us telling you Damian Priest was gonna beat Finn Balor, like these are they're gonna be sure things. I should tell you guys, I did even say it was a sure thing. So just remember that guy. You'all could have made dough on this one.
Speaker 2: And you didn't.
Speaker 4: Because you didn't, you didn't bet with us anyway. The Japanese strong style with chicks makes matches so much cooler to me than the regular style. When it looks like people are just beating the shit out of each other, those are my favorite matches. Like Jeff likes the big meaty guys when they're just like, oh it's the it's Godzilla versus King Kong, right, And I like more like street choreography, like that you would see in a movie, like in a fight scene, like like whatever your favorite movie is. And these chi beat each other's ass for fifteen minutes straight. And it looked like she punched her right in the frigging mouth in the head butt looked like it hit her right in the same spot. Dude, I know it's a safe move, and I know I'm just I can't see it because her hair gets in the way. But that shit looked so legit, man, And I just love when people beat each other's ass, whether it's in the UFC and whether it's chicks, whether it's dudes or whatever. Man, I just like fights, and it looked like a fight, So I really like the match. It probably isn't anybody's match of the night, and I'm not trying to sell anybody on it, but I just like when people punch each other in the face.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: I very often criticize female and it's because I'm just honest.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say what I like and say what I don't like. This match was great.
Speaker 1: I think Maria May is obviously you know she's she's not underrated, she's not overrated.
Speaker 2: I think she's perfectly rated. Like Maria May is getting the respect and the yeah, she's a future star. I think, yeah, yeah, she's very very very good. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I think that I think that the world is not being positive enough about Willow Nightingale. I think we see her because she's because she's such a face and she smiles and she's doing such a good job of being the good guy wrestler that we're not giving enough credit. I think she's she should have like a Bailey moment where people realize, like, this chick is really good. Every one of Willow's moves during this match, I was like it was convincing. It was like it was very like there was no it wasn't a clunky, it wasn't so slow. She's very strong, but Willow Nightingale looks strong and she does feats of strength. The punches are convincing, like she's playing her face right, like the face role perfectly, where she smiles after she does like a little splash like she's I think my.
Speaker 2: New favorite female wrestler in AW.
Speaker 1: I've always liked will and night Guil, but like, after watching this match, I was like, dude, she's really really good.
Speaker 4: So you said something really wild there. She needs a Bailey type storyline. Yeah, you're dead on with that. That's exactly what she needs to kind of finish off that character and help elevate her to the next level. So truth be told. I'm like Instagram bros with Willow. We follow each other and we've sent each other some messages like back and forth, like Yo, that match was awesome, and she's like, oh my god, I like the Horror movie and then we like bonded on video games, like she's super cool. So I like her a lot, and I think everything you just said about her is so dead on. And if she's somebody out there at AEW's got to be listening. I know they I don't know if they have a creation good or not. But for real, she just needs a Bailey type storyline to help evolve that character and get her to the next level. Because she's she's pretty, she can talk a bit. Her wrestling super duper good. She sells super big, and like Jeff said, she is strong. She can handle the smaller girls, and she makes them look good when they do all their spinning and flipping and wild ass like Luke shit. So yeah, dude, I love what you just said about Willow because I think she's really cool man. And I love when people make the punches look real. I mean maybe they are and they're just way tougher than me, because I would let anybody. Yeah, I wouldn't. I would never do that. Be like, nah, I'll keep my face looking the way it is. But uh yeah bled last week. Willow bled from the mouth last week from one of those hipputts. It looked so real, man. Anyway, I will wax poetic no longer. Next up the Champ, the TNT Champ that is Jack Perry no longer Jungle Boy. Jungle Boy's freaking dead. Jack Perry, the Man's got a beard and a hairy chest. Versus Katsuyori Shibata, the wrestler. No hair on that man's chest, and he can still take a chop or a kick, and no seller like nobody's business because he's all man. And they finally and he communicates through a language translator, which is awesome. I love that gimmick. I think it's like what the top three gimmicks at. Aw but he was awesome. He's always awesome. I like how they handle the language barrier. This was not a big story. This was just, hey, I want to challenge you, and Jack Perry going, I'll think about it, and then Jack Perry sneaking back in beat you up. Okay, let's have a match. I think he can handle more of a story than that. But I get why he didn't get a story bigger than that, and I get why he couldn't win the match, because the story is with Jack Perry, because that kid is evolving and getting better and better with each kind of pay per view that they do, and evolving his character I think in a cool way too. So I was wanting him to get rid of junk of Boy a long time ago, and it was awesome when he did so. Anyway, that said, they had this match which led which was an awesome match, but it led to and we all picked Jack.
Speaker 2: Perry, by the way, so if you picked with us, you made dough.
Speaker 4: But it led to Ryan Garcia coming out and making a say because Jack Perry is like to beat you up after I beat you, so now you got to deal with the double beating. And Ryan Garcia said, I'm from Buffalo, bitch, I don't think so, and he came out.
Speaker 2: They didn't say that, but he.
Speaker 4: Came out out, and then he's chasing Jack Perry out of there, and then here comes MJF. But again, this is not the return that we're gonna talk about. MJF comes out, he starts talking some smack to Ryan Garcia. He beats Ryan Garcia down. He's got his ring back. He found it at the pawn shop. Wow, that's fortunate that no one bought it. And he punches He's gonna you're gonna kiss the ring, you son of a bitch, You're gonna kiss it.
Speaker 2: He punches him in the head and beats him down, and here we go, Jeff, it's.
Speaker 4: Adam Cole, baby, and it was the return of Adam Cole, who put on some muscles, so much muscle he could hardly even get out of his leather jacket. When he came out, the sleeves got stuck because arms are bigger than they used to be. He was in good shape he came out. He spread it to the ring. But I think that that wardrobe malfunction gave MJF enough time to get out of the ring and run. I thought the last time I saw Adam Cole he was the devil and a bad guy on him.
Speaker 2: Jaff was a good guy.
Speaker 4: But Mjf's such a son of a bitch for being jealous of Will Osprey and everybody else in the company that we love Adam Cole now because Adam Cole to make the save and he didn't turn on Garcia for a second.
Speaker 2: I was like, is he gonna be the dell?
Speaker 4: No, okay, he's a nice guy and we all love Adam Cole again, and here is hoping to to his health because I love watching this dude wrestle, and I love this dude's frigging promos, their top top top shelf promos, and I loved that he came back to pro wrestling and is healthy and good. Jeff, what did you think you could.
Speaker 2: Talk about any of the match or whatever you want.
Speaker 4: I don't care. I just thought it was a cool re debut for Adam Cole. Baby, I loved it.
Speaker 1: I was often surprised and confused that Adam Cole wasn't more over with the fans, so it was good to see maybe this could start some momentum for him. You know, people went crazy when they heard his music, great selling as always by MJF to be like, what are you doing here? Also MJF, it looks like something was different, Like he looks strange and it's just because he clean shaved and just that like Little Switch made MJFF look like completely different to me.
Speaker 2: They don't have the scruff. But that's a really weird thing to comment. No, yeahs like Wolverine strus something I noticed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very strange, but I'm super excited about it, and I think this is gonna be perfect. I'm excited to see what they do with Adam Cole. But it does seem like everyone's excited that he's he's back, So that part, that part I was very happy about.
Speaker 2: It made me pop more than the Swerve thing. I was like, I was like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, this is gonna be a long story. These two guys are both A plus storytellers. This isn't gonna be one of these like two three week stories like it was with with Osprey and and Max. This is gonna be long because Max is going to have his side of the story, which is you betrayed me, you set me up, you son of a bitch. And Adam Cole is gonna have his side of the story that we're yet to hear, and that promo will be awesome because it'll be story time with Uncle Adam.
Speaker 2: I can't I can't wait to see it play out.
Speaker 4: It's because you're gonna We're gonna get more than I think one pay per view match out of it. We got the AEW International Championship match. Kanaski Takeshita with Don Kallis, who is in the last year become a pretty damn good manager, especially with his commentary versus will Ospray the.
Speaker 2: Champ, the Champ of Champs. Man.
Speaker 4: This guy is so good, everybody loves him, doesn't have one hater except m Jeff and Ricochet, who is new to AEW, can wrestle his ass off, has already kind of demonstrated his skills and if you're not familiar with him because you hate WW and you only like aw now you get to see all this awesomeness, or you're like, dude, whatever, we watched him in an MJPW before you even knew he was all right, fine whatever, jerks. Anyway, they wrestled. I could hear what they were saying, Jeff, this match is match of the night. This shit was so crazy, so awesome. Conna SKay was like exactly what you wanted him to be. The big strong guy who's going to beat the shit out of both of them every once in a while, and then they'll do all their flying, crazy lucha moves on him because he's so big and strong, he can do it with both guys on his shoulders.
Speaker 2: He's a stut.
Speaker 4: I picked Osprey, Jeff pick Ricochet, and our producer picked to Keshita because he's a gangster and he saw it coming and he was perfect again. I know, I shot upon him in the pre show because I perfect.
Speaker 2: I was surprised by this dude. How did he get it? We don't know, We don't want to know.
Speaker 4: He's got inside information. He's got Tony Kann on his cell phone. We know that we know that they went to college together for hours and they were roommates, and you know, we don't know what promises were made, all right, Next up Prince Nana.
Speaker 2: Yes it's my favorite.
Speaker 4: Welcome back Swerve Strickland. And let me say this, since MVP has gotten on the scene, they have given Prince not a chance to shine. I thought that backstage bit where he was ready to put his wrestling boots on and fight MVP right there, I thought he looked great in that.
Speaker 2: I think this has been a big operation.
Speaker 4: Even though he's kind of getting he's been getting poo pooed on by MVP, it's given him a chance to stand up for himself and demonstrate how valuable he is. And Swerve just confirms like all of it in this beautiful promo that if you haven't watched, you could probably just watch on social media. And he talks about the good times and the bad times, and right when he says, goes into the bad times and the failure. So I was like, he wouldn't put him on blast like that. Now he's siding with the Prince because he's gonna stay with the guy that's been with him through the good times and the bad times. Family stays with you through both and he doesn't turn us back off family, and MVP is like whoa, whoa, whoa hold on And then Shelton Benjamin's like, no, no, no, you got it, twisted man. We're not asking you, We're telling you that you're either with us or you don't exist, like we will destroy you, and Swerves just put these dudes over like, yo, you're my inspirations, Like you guys are the man, and then he digs him a little bit, but I still got you in that match. Don't forget that that kind of shit. This is the return of the Hurt Business. I can't wait. Bobby Lashley is on his way. That's what this means, y'all is Bobby Lashley is on his way. Samoa Joe's already there, and we could get a mainstream version of the Hurt Business, which MVP has discussed, which is all they kind of took away from him and put it on the bloodline, so now they can have their version of this, and once Bobby Lashley comes, it'll solidify everything and a match between Swerved Strickland if Bobby Lashley is coming, and I'm so freaking hyped to see the smaller, faster dude go against like the perfect specimen that God ever made, and he still looks exactly the same as when he first entered the WWE over twenty years ago, like nothing's changed on his body. He legit is just made from synthetic materials and is an android walking amongst us, which is proof that there's time travel because they send him back like a term. This was a great segment. Man, MVP is the truth on the microphone. He makes Nana look better on the microphone. They now have don Kallis, who's doing money work on the microphone. I want to know who the next great female manager is going to be. I know she's out there somewhere. I don't know if it's WWE or AEW, but there's got to be room for another great This can be like a renaissance of managers at aw Man. They've got three now that can literally build stables and speak for their talent if they need to and if not. They're just a great character to get heat on, especially with don Kallis because he can he'll take bumps.
Speaker 2: That fool has a scart on his head to prove it.
Speaker 4: But I was so excited this was a segment there wasn't even wrestling, and I was so hyped for this, and I can't wait to see where they're going to go because Swerve will beat Shelton straight up. There'll be some beat downs on Swerve, but in the match, Swerve's gonna win that match. And that's when I think Bobby Lash is going to come and just kill Swerve strictly, and then we'll have to climb back them up the mountain.
Speaker 1: What do you think, Jeff, Welcome back Swerve. I love what they're doing. I love the writing. I love this story. But here's a little Jeff Due rant for you. Bring back managers, make managers great again. We need to really wrestling needs to invest time, writing, money and airtime. Two more managers. So in the old days, like long before I was watching wrestling, like I saw reel of it Instagra. I saw reel on Instagram recently of La Macho Man's first match in I guess it was WWF, And what happened was that nobody had seen Macho man a a person like Machra Man with the headband and the glasses of the way he was behaving in the ring, and this is his first match, like he's doing these elbow drops, He's doing this great match. He beats the bad guy so soundly that all the managers came from the back, Classy Freddie Blassie and Jimmy Hart, and they're all like almost cartoonishly looking at Macho Man, going wow, They're all taking a peek at him because this could be the new talent that they want, right they really that story was really showing that, like the managers are who who decide kind of in wrestling who is and who isn't wrestling. Managers have become this side thing now that they kind of just throw with a wrestler if the wrestler can't talk or something. But we've seen proof. Prince Nana used to be a wrestler, not a very successful one, but he used to be a wrestler and now he's a genius manager. Don Kallas was a wrestler forever and guess what, I've watched wrestl in my whole life. I knew nothing about him until he became a manager. Paul Hayman is a g exception. He gets the airtime, he gets the Paul Hamon Schef's kiss. This guy is one of the greatest managers ever, one of the greatest talkers ever, and really makes a wrestler pop.
Speaker 2: So I think if we could find a way to make wrestlers as important as they once were supposed to be in wrestling, we can have you know, we can have these things. We have female wrestlers, we have male wrestlers, we have managers, and then we have the story, and so you kind of marry all those things together. I think managers are.
Speaker 1: Wildly important and wildly under executed, but they can be really valuable. Look at MVP, no disrespect, but MVP wasn't a big a list wrestler. He was a wrestler and he was good, but he wasn't like the guy that everybody you know wanted to see main event WrestleMania with the Rock. But he's proving to be super valuable as a manager, and so I think we need to see a lot more of this. The second I saw Nana come out do his little dance and get out like it was great, and so I think that managers shouldn't just be this thing that are put with people that can't talk.
Speaker 2: We need to make managers a huge part of the story.
Speaker 4: We could not agree more sir, Next up, Darby Allen brody King. We all picked this easy match. Yep, Darby Allen, crazy easy pick, easy money for you guys to make. You probably didn't even need our advice on this one. You were like, we got it too. We all agree, excellent pick. Moving on the Ring of Honor World Championship match, Mark Brisco the champ versus Chris Jericho looking to become the Nueve. Alex and Freddie both picked Jericho because we thought it was a sure thing. Jeff, just to be different, picked Mark Brisco and was correct. It's like putting se down and the multiple choice questions always go with C all the way down the line. Jeff threw a sea in there and it hit. He hit the lotto and he won, which put him ahead of me at the end, which suck. And finally I did it. Yeah, that's why you did it. The John Moxley match with Brian Danielson. I picked Brian. I picked with my heart. I warned you guys, I warned myself not to do it before I did it. I still did it. I was dead wrong. I shouldn't have been wrong. I would have had four We talked about this match at length. We won't get into it anymore. But the final scores of this pay per view was your boy Freddie with three producer Alex went perfect again and.
Speaker 2: Jeff with five five five picks.
Speaker 4: So Jeff, because our producer wanted me to lie, he loses a point, You're the big winner with five. He does not tie you. It's a it's a solo victory. No ties on this show. That's the show. This rarely happens. This never happens to me. As far as these kind of things, I'm gonna start gambling. I'm gonna start gambling. I'm good taking.
Speaker 1: It all, baby, I'm lucky now.
Speaker 2: Jeff and I are gonna start gambling careers.
Speaker 4: Any casinos out there they want to sponsor us, hit us up on the CELLI.
Speaker 2: And like it.
Speaker 4: That was Jeff Freddie Brenn's Thanks for listening. Stay tuned for on sanctioned Thursday, tomorrow, or whenever the hell you want to listen.
Speaker 2: We love you guys.
Speaker 4: This is It's been a production of Iheart'smichael Toura podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows,