Speaker 1: Well, Roy, kick us off, brother dude, Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to I mean, I would say a quite above average podcast.
Speaker 2: Even if we don't have the numbers. I don't even I don't even really know, but I will say we're back, boys, the whole cruise back here. Yeah, it's outstanding.
Speaker 3: Before we get.
Speaker 1: Into anything, we need to talk about the most durable, most reliable sponsor and vehicle that happens to be on the road that happens to be the most beautiful the.
Speaker 2: Bow tie, the Chevy Silverado. I'm doing the best I can so the boys can just absolutely pull up this ad read for me. But the Chevy Silverado has seven convenient figurations? Am I right? Yeah? We got the what the z R one ZR? Who oh my god? I have to read all this by myself. Right now? We know everybody starts the season undefeated for the first month. Everyone has a shot, but one team has already won it all. That team is Chevy and it's star player, the Silverado. According to JD Power, Chevy is the most most awarded brand for the new vehicle. We're back, just like that, You're fucking back. Awarded brand for the new vehicle quality, and Chevy Trucks has won more New Vehicle Quality awards than any other brand. And that's some serious hardware. But champions don't stop. They keep moving forward, and that's what Silverado is all about. From the LT model to the most extreme Silverado ever, the z R two. Chevy gave the Silverados, the Silverado, a new interior with a large I don't even know what that word is. What is that word in funfinment screen, infontainment screen, which it's got to be electric both literally, yeah and figuratively. It's got to be electric and digital and instrument instrument cluster. I could have got that. I could. I knew that word for sure. They gave it toy technology and up to fourteen available came reviews. Fourteen, dude, is that dundant? I don't think so. You got to see everywhere on the road there's crazy drivers out there, the old phones that take everything from us nowadays. And what better way to roll up to a tailgate than in a Chevy Silverado boasting a large and functional bed, a larger, more functional bed than any competitor. Head over to Chevy dot com to learn more about Chevy Silverado for JD Power twenty twenty two US Award information visit jdpower dot com Slash Awards.
Speaker 1: We're back, which is like that we're back, dude, my reading skills.
Speaker 2: It's been a tough camp, a lot of heads getting cligged, dude, am I reading comprehension is just a read down on hell, dude. And with the season, so many things happen, and one thing that happened to me was the most fomo in the entire world. So I'm going to give the four to you, maybe give it to the boys. I need to hear about what happened at Nebraska because the boys want to know. In America, we are want to know on American soil. It's all it really matters. Yes, that is all that matters.
Speaker 1: And not to mention since week one, it started the actual week one of college football season.
Speaker 3: The boys want to know. Yes, it got a little dicey.
Speaker 2: At halftime.
Speaker 1: I was seven to seven North Dakota thought they were the eighty six pairs.
Speaker 3: You know, those boys were on the sideline going like.
Speaker 2: Hey, we knew it's gonna be a dog fight.
Speaker 1: We knew it was going to be a dog fight, right But fourth quarter into the third, fourth quarter, everyone unanswered. We need every quarter to look like the fourth quarter moving forward, because the boys have talent. We just got to play better. We just got to play better complimentary football. But with that said, an absolutely electric weekend. And it seemed like in that first week. I don't want to bring up bad stuff, but it was on foreign soil.
Speaker 2: You yeah, bring up whatever you want, it was on foreign soil. And it seemed like a lot of last last season's glitches were really showing up special teams leaving in the hands of the refs. I mean, as long as Nebraska doesn't leave in the hands of the refs, they can win the rest of their games.
Speaker 3: Eleven and one is still out in front of us.
Speaker 2: Still out in front of us, I would say ten and two. I understand out there. You're wearing blue for a reason, just like that. Taylor. Taylor.
Speaker 1: By the way, for those of you wondering, Taylor, what are these called? Brother ponchos? Taylor got us ponchos. He got me an incredible one. I feel like John Snow in the Game of Thrones, which house the Dragon was incredible last night?
Speaker 3: But thank you, But yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think you look fantastic. Thank you. Your boys over on Nolansville Pike, dude, trying to find the best Mexican food in town. I'll be honest with you that the search still continues there. I haven't found him one Inshville. I thought you love chewies. No you Mac.
Speaker 1: You literally always talked about it when I first got here.
Speaker 2: No chews all done. Yeah, the boys got to cheweses when we're fucking slammed and we want to get ourselves a little poo fundito or something like that. Dude, But really it ain't like that out here. I don't know where the best Mexican spots are, but please just house the busting with the boys. DMS is your boys, so social media right now and we probably should check that in a little bit, your voice of social media.
Speaker 3: What about Santa Najo garbage? You've been You've been a Santa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been a sand in a hill. M Street. M Street is straight, dude. Here's my issue on M Street. Let us wear fucking hats, dude. Don't be losers about that. And there's something else. There's another rule, something about no gene, no shorts. You can't wear hats and shorts that you're not better than people. You're just not You're not. Yes, especially no jean shorts were hats on m street. No, you can't wear hats. Well, you walk into Viarrago, I think Verrago moods. But you walk into Verarrago back in the day, they say, oh, welcome high how many okay, could you please take your hat off for us? And it's is just like, listen, I've been wearing this thing for three hours. Been my hair is matted to the floor right now, Like, let's just let me wear the thing and give me that little hot rock to put my fucking pieces of steak on it so I can warm it up and let it cost seventy dollars. Thats it's fire, but it's more of like a do it yourself thing, like just cook the steak for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's kind of fire.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Cane prime rips my favorite. Well, here's my issue in Santa Aho. When I walk into a Mexican spot, boss, stop me. Whenever, when I walk into a Mexican spot, I need the people around me to speak the most broken English ever. I need that menu to have none on them. I don't want I want to say hey, I want the seventeen, no cheese or I want the seventeen. Hold the tomatoes, and without even asking, I'm gonna need Dutch chips and sauca out on my plate. I don't want nice shit, I don't want fucking I want this place to be a hole in the wall. If it's in a strip mall, even fucking better, dude. So your boy was out there on Nolansville Pike. Took my kids and my wife. We cruised over to a place that I thought had some promise. I walked in, I said, oh, we might have something here, boys, we might fucking have something. Sit down, pull out the menu. The whole menu wasn't numbered, but there was a combo part in the back that did, so I was like, all right, brought the chips, is also chips, saucer for garbage, absolute trash, the food garbage. So I want to get a poncho. I went over to Plaza Mariaschi. For those of you who have not been to Plasa Mariachi, it's maybe the biggest fucking sleepers. That's a shout out, no free shoutout. Without even I just realized it in my head right now, Plaza Mariachi is a place where every hispanic person must go, dude, because I was like the only white person in there. I'm thirty six percent next, but I was the only white person there. I walk in, dude, and there's a lady up on stage singing there's only tequila at the bar. They have these little shops that I have to wedge in between just to find out where I'm going. My kids were playing with fucking all the trinkets. It was an absolute stress massacre. But I ended up getting two ponchos. I was just gonna buy one, but I saw the wolves and I thought to myself, will he's really gonna like this? He might it might not be a style, but he's really gonna appreciate it. Look at you, dude. You look cute as fuck right now? Yeah, and you look he looks cutest. Does he not look cute as fuck? Look at him with the fur around his head. That's a cute boy. Oh my god, dude.
Speaker 1: Anytime we can uni up and do something together, I'm always about here.
Speaker 2: We are. Yeah, I'm waiting for the bus with the boys. Though, I say something something tickle down there. Oh I got a woo in the back, dude. You know, Hey, that was a funny little blast joke too earlier. It's me whenever, Hey, bus, what's the best next to your pots? Gotta be a couple of spots. I tried to place them looking the whole buses, but was racist. He's racist against the Mexicans. I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not here for any of that.
Speaker 2: Blush. You can come. Yeah, you're right, Hey, I shouldn't. We probably cut that right. I probably shouldn't have said that, you're good. You probably shouldn't have said that.
Speaker 4: As I was walking to the bus, I did say that I'm pretty hard on my uh my Hispanic culture.
Speaker 2: That's for sure. Why the standards high. Exactly the standards high. You know, blusses about standers. He's a military guy. There's no question. Make your bed every day. Ah yeah I do. Yeah, he seems like a bed maker.
Speaker 4: What I was gonna tell you, Taylor, is, you know, you know, a Hispanic like a Mexican restaurant's pretty trash. When your tacos come out on that that silver tray at the East individual Taco thing, you know right there, you can just you can leave.
Speaker 2: If you can leave, ask for the check right there, Go find another place. To eat because you want your tacos. You don't want to know, you want to know. You don't want to know when it starts and where it ends. You just like you see a bunch of fucking condiments on top, and hopefully you grab the right taco, hopefully you You know what I'm saying, Your boys from Arizona. I'm a little snobby when it comes to Mexican food. I'm foundly get spot around here. And this guy fucking talking about Chewies.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, the only time I've heard you, I've never been to Chewi's straight. Like when I was here back in eighteen, you were talking up Chewies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when I'm at Losers and I'm just bagged and I need to find a good little thing to.
Speaker 1: Eat, that's okay. You corrected that. Like this guy we're saying im talk about chewe'z. I'm like, oh, that's what you said.
Speaker 2: As you said, so fucking I have take the take the rains here, Bud, tell me about Nebraska, because fomo, my heart, my heart's thinking, because I see the boys are hurt in the back right now.
Speaker 3: Like this.
Speaker 2: Put it like this.
Speaker 1: You know, if Rabel's big saying we're gonna treat you how you treat the team. Nebraska treats us how we treat them fucked and it is Yeah, dude, I'm big Taylor.
Speaker 2: Taylor. The vibes.
Speaker 1: The vibes are so high in Nebraska, Like it's like a sandbox there. Bro like the trumpet, the Willy trumpet thing. They brought that to It was their idea.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, they say, hey, we want you to play the trumpet. Yeah. They're like, hey, you think we'll be up for this.
Speaker 1: I want to say, Jack or somebody came in because we're in the training room and Jack, it was you who came in, right, And they're like, hey, well, I think they're gonna ask you to maybe get in the band or like do a trumpet thing. And they're kind of doubtful you might do it, and I just told them like, oh no, he'll do it. I was like fuck, yeah, that's awesome, and so like, hey you can.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: At first, they're like, do you want to do the ton of Walk? And I was like, all right, stuff's going a little too far. Ton Of Walks where they come out on the red carpet. All the players like me being involved, like walking and I'm like, you know, like some stuff is like a blast, but some things like all right, we can't.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be this this this selfish. It just is just all just coming out of the tunnel, fucking hype and all the players are super focused and you're just soaking it all. No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they're like just fucking one side, dude, get them going. Uh And then they're like, then you can run over to the band, get in the front row or front staer, wherever you want to stand. The dude's got a trump before you, and you just get up there and let it rip. Do whatever you want to do.
Speaker 2: I was like, all right, they know that you're gonna do the band, but whatever they just said, act like you're playing the trumpet.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I guess they knew I was gonna do this. But Dan wants to vibe started flowing. That was all in.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I saw them trying to buy into that. So they didn't plan on doing this. No, that was all instinct, and it is that low key. When I saw you first one, I was like, man, that mouth does work. I was getting it. He was locky kind of doing that.
Speaker 6: Then.
Speaker 1: Oh, but I was telling them go crazy. I was telling the boys to back. In sixth grade, I got first share. I earned first share for one week in sixth grade. I held on to it for a week. Other than that, I floated around the three or four slot. I told them they gave me a week. I could probably figure out that song. Yeah, no question, no problem.
Speaker 2: Man, that's fun.
Speaker 1: But it and then we stood there. We just got absolutely burnt. For the first half. It was like eighty cool, eighty sixty degrees. You had a nice breeze, but you're not is when you're on the turf, you just feel the sun like.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: It kind of reminds me like a lamp that just sits on those little ducks when they're just born. Yeah, it feels like that's how close it is. Then we go up President Sweet Oh was it your Then we go up President sweet.
Speaker 2: Kidding.
Speaker 1: We we get invited up to the President's box and get a couple of text in my phone.
Speaker 3: I feel the vibration in my pocket.
Speaker 2: Check it out.
Speaker 3: Hey boy, you guys want to go to the President's box.
Speaker 1: And you know, jack was like, hell, yeah, that was bullet I do want to say.
Speaker 2: Uh. Jackie worked as at all. The boys worked their ass, but I don't doubt it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know how Jack can't have his moments.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he facetimey on Saturday for real with a tier one just to say what's up to the tier one? That that was height. But when I looked at my phone, I knew I was like, oh, Jack's with somebody.
Speaker 1: And before going, before going like up to the box, we already had invites and tickets to uh larry the cable guys.
Speaker 2: Sweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the boy we were, we were living bro like. It couldn't have went any better.
Speaker 3: I mean so high.
Speaker 2: When did the first dring go down? Friday? Yeah, upon arrival, upon arrival, I think it.
Speaker 7: Was uh the double kilisotas at Melon mush.
Speaker 2: Jack started off double tequila fucking ordered boy, Yeah, clod by myself. You guys, dude, fock you also missing as you here where he said we were at Melussia. Yeah, you love that spot. I do fun with Melo Musham and I will say like I've I like it. I will say I've ordered it here.
Speaker 1: But being there and getting the pizza, I thought it was incredible. But yeah, the double tequila soda that kind of picked everything up a little bit. It was tough to put down. It was like all tequila. Yeah, the buy in was there. Then we went to Berries. Vibes were higah Berries. Yeah, everybody was great at Berri's.
Speaker 2: Hey, we'll unpack that after the show.
Speaker 1: There's nothing that unpacked. Like you know, I love all the fans. There's sometimes that they can they can just linger and it can be you can be really engaged for a little bit too.
Speaker 2: Berries was the bar right next to the hotel. We were at the ground football that was like a walking distance away.
Speaker 8: We were all the last time when like old boy in the corner.
Speaker 2: And yeah, oh it was the same way as last time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: But the thing is when you were there, I feel like it was a little bit harder for people to approach. At least y'all just were splitting the amount of people that were there.
Speaker 8: It was just Will. So for the first forty five minutes that Barris, it was like.
Speaker 7: Will was just at a mall with a line just taking pictures like presidential campaign.
Speaker 1: Oh literally not only just taking pictures, but the people who just took a picture, they would just you know, they want to have a conversation, Yeah, but they want to have a conversation while the next person get a photo and then then then they want to have a conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so a few people get so drunk they're like.
Speaker 1: Yelled at me like, hey, let me get that hat, let me bite it up off you, right, I'll.
Speaker 2: Traade you ass.
Speaker 3: I'm like, hey, my man, I'm not giving you the hat.
Speaker 2: I'm not giving you this a that's a tough deal when you have to tell people know in the hat.
Speaker 1: For sure, and then you see eventually they end up getting kicked out, not because of that's up, but because they're just like too drunk.
Speaker 2: So it's just like everybody was excited. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the hotel we were staying at that was where all of North Dakota fans were staying at. So literally we were.
Speaker 2: Like, all right, you also had the same hotel as last time we were there. It's a fire spot, graduate right, That's where we said.
Speaker 1: Jack was ready to make such a boy move. He was like, hey, you want me to go yank the fire alarm at three am. Didn't end up happening, but I was like, yeah, bro, that's such a fuck.
Speaker 2: You should have done that. Wait to be on your toes quick. Yeah, a little bit legendary. Yeah, I got it. So for forty five minutes, you're catching he I'm sure the first twenty minutes though, you're like, this is fire. Yeah.
Speaker 1: When you first get up, obviously you're walking in, you're very fired up to be there.
Speaker 3: But there was just a lot Yeah, yeah, it was a lot of North Kota fans.
Speaker 1: Because we went down when the elevator doors open and we saw the entire lobby was flooded with North Dakota fans. We just immediately making sure you all ready to get your ass hoped tomorrow. But then people like, oh, bust with the boys. Okay, sweet hey, boys were from home.
Speaker 2: Down So we're coming out of North Dakota and merch this week. Yeah. But Will.
Speaker 7: Will wouldn't say this because it's a humble cat. But I am dead serious when I say this, Will is legitimately an A list celebrity in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's no doubt.
Speaker 8: Can't walk ten feet in Lincoln on a game day make me without people? Will the boy that one dude year ten Yeah, full.
Speaker 1: Bro, We're driving a golf cart and literally as the drive did you get the golf cart?
Speaker 2: The guy?
Speaker 1: Because that was the request of ours. We're like, here's how because we had to go set up the request. We had to set up the bus, we had to go to the players lounge. They had the boys, had to set up everything. But we go to the Players to do Larry in the middle of the tailgate from like eleven to I mean, we basically almost ran an.
Speaker 2: Hour, so you're half in the bag when you do that Larry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then we get back for the Unity walking time at twelve twenty.
Speaker 2: So the unasked right away was like, hey, do you.
Speaker 1: Think we could have like a golf cart to get us through everything? A shout out Ashley for escorting us around everywhere. Uh so, yeah, that's how we got that. But we're in all golf cart going to the tailgate. This dude sees it on coming. He's like, Willy, you're ten. He's like, hey, you're ten, right. I was like, yeah, you're ten, and he was like, as we're driving and then as he just goes by, he just goes man funk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude just hyped it. Yeah, God, that fires, bro. The energy was it was it was massive. It was Nebraska, tough place to play. Shout out North Dakota for even hanging around. Oh yeah, for sure, but also North Dakota.
Speaker 1: I feel like North Dakota like when you live in the Dakota's you were for your team that's there, But I feel like their second favorite teams Nebraska. So I feel like everybody was just so fired up just to go be it Memorial. God made the comment we need to have the opponent section on the other side of the stadium so they can get direct sunlight on them the entire time.
Speaker 2: They're like most of them.
Speaker 1: Are shaded the other the first people have the shade put them in the worst plus we need from them in the worst spot we need to go to.
Speaker 3: But dude, it was awesome. Like they just treat the fellas well.
Speaker 1: They like, you know, people remember, And I'm like, I'm talking about the people working at the facility, like they just know they're with the crew, like they treat them so well, Like you know how it is, bro, we're there in the spring. They're just so dope to it.
Speaker 2: Always are. Honestly, I'm a huge Nebraska fan after even just going there and the people, I'm not gonna just get completely were done on everything you just said. But it's unbelievable. It was. I can't imagine. Yeah, man, it was.
Speaker 1: It was a lot of fun and I can't wait till the first time, Like you know, whenever the time is where you hang up the cleats and we get to go to yeah as a duo. It's just it's gonna be an electric broad came.
Speaker 7: What was what was your favorite part of the trip.
Speaker 3: To do a fucking shout out right now or a tear talk.
Speaker 2: I don't even have shout out the swing think about it.
Speaker 3: We interrupt this episode to bring you the game Time App.
Speaker 1: This exclusive ticketing partner of Barstool Sports, created.
Speaker 2: By fans for fans.
Speaker 1: Game Time is a new ticketing app that makes it easier than ever to score last minute deals on tickets to sports, concerts and shows, and they guarantee the lowest price.
Speaker 3: It is Week one of the NFL season.
Speaker 1: It is time to buy your tickets on the game Time App because this is the it's last minute tickets, lowest prices guaranteed.
Speaker 2: Download the game Time App.
Speaker 1: To download the game Time App, go to the account tab, create a log in in, redeem code busting. That's bussi in for twenty dollars off your first purchase terms of play, download game time, last minute tickets, lowest prices guaranteed. Back to the episode, I would say it wasn't gonna be. But after the interview, the label Larry the Cable Guy interview, just because we're talking about blue collar comedy tour, there's a lot of like nostalgia coming back and the way he was telling the stories about like you know, how the Cable Guy started based off of a radio show and everything else. I felt like a kid in the candy store. But it's hard to beat. Like the love we got, bro, I mean the love that was that was happening. That's that's no time. That's a shoutout, no fore shout out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely was up when you go after the game, when you guys went out, I want the boys tell me about the vibe out there? Was it like skeeps.
Speaker 7: The vibe was kind of low after the game because you know that two thirty kickoff by like six thirty your drain.
Speaker 2: That's that's tough for you to hear.
Speaker 7: But because I know, So we go back to the hotel, we kind of like catch a little like hour nap whatever, shower, and then we go out to eat and we really haven't even talked for going out or not.
Speaker 2: But then to what But then.
Speaker 7: Audie with open doors, Will's boy came and met us with one of his friends, and that kind of shifted the energy. Also want some money at the restaurant, big, but I want one hundred. Anyways, so we go back to Berries and there's a line like around the corner, and this is when the energy immediately shifted towards Oh, we're having a night. We just skipped the entire line of like fifty sixty people. And then on top of that, they're like, hey, do y'all just want to boost like in the private section? So we wait, they're like, oh, like they're all full. So we're like, okay, we'll just hang around, and five minutes later they go, hey, we got.
Speaker 2: A boost for y'all.
Speaker 8: They get the first round of drinks and shots on them. Then they either bring.
Speaker 2: And then a complimentary bottle of champagne.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and then we were just with a bottle service going. And then we had like ten to fifteen private wristbands.
Speaker 8: So we're just bringing up whoever we want.
Speaker 7: And the best part about it is there security guards are on our team, so any person that Will didn't want our section. He'd point out to me, Oh, Jack, get him out. I go to the jack the guy, well, not the guy that kicked him out. I'm just the guy going and telling the security guard, Hey, get this guy out. So by the end of the night, meeting my boy Ryan, shout out Ryan at Barry's, he's just kicking guys out left and right that are drunk. He's like, this guy, this guy, and then me and Will play a funny joke and try and get JP kicked out of the section.
Speaker 1: And yeah, then it turns on us and he's like, all right, fine, I'm fucking out of here, Like, well, no, don't leave.
Speaker 2: It was a good time.
Speaker 8: The vibes were all time. Everyone's energy was just back and yeah, man, So.
Speaker 1: Tell Taylor what he wants to know. Skeeps what was the what was the consensus?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I'm not sure. When we went to Michigan, it was totally different than that game day vibe. I just want to know because when we went to Nebraska, the whole thing that was like, hey, we can't really evaluate how good the night life is is because they were on spring break. I just want to know if it fucking punched up or what?
Speaker 8: Let jper Garrett take this. I want another opinion. Both electric vibes.
Speaker 1: But I can say because I you know you're you're I know I'm biased, I know I'm very biased, but maybe they might share the same thought. The vibes are extremely high going out in Nebraska like it'll it's gonna be a great time no matter what. But going to it's called Skeeps.
Speaker 2: At that place, it's called like it'keeper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but being at that place, like a two level spot where it's opened up and the fucking crowds right there, at the energy, I feel like there was better than an energy that we had. Like at Nebraska, the energy was still high, but it's just the whole vibe. You felt like you were at more of a real college double decker bar versus being at like Berries, like stuff's kind of separated, the rooftops really cool, but again like things are separated where Skeeps, I feel like all the energy is kind of intertwined. So did you feel like that was like an honest assessment even though I am very biased.
Speaker 7: If we didn't have the VIP experience at Berries, it would have been Skeeps all day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all day.
Speaker 1: But the VIP, the VIP treatment actually like helped because we would have just been like mob yeah the whole time.
Speaker 2: So it was like, dude, I can't wait to y'all go to Mischian Nebraska No. Number twelve. I know, I dude, I know we're far up in Nebraska.
Speaker 1: Dude, people are gonna already travel And they were talking about it at the tail gate.
Speaker 3: I got dudes, just think it's gonna be a good vibe.
Speaker 2: Man, are you gonna wear Michigan stuff? No home team?
Speaker 1: I know, Like, listen, I wish Michigan the best this year. I really do.
Speaker 3: Like I hate go blue after go Red, go big Red.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm the same way opposite.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and obviously like I want us to beat the shit.
Speaker 2: Out of you guys. Yeah won't. That won't happen. But I wish you guys the best.
Speaker 1: But I won't be wearing blue. That's that goes against everything I'm about, you know what I mean? Yeah, this is this is a blue colored poncho. It's phenomenal pon show. But it's a gift by you. If it had AM on it, like I wouldn't be sitting here with No, if you gave me a red or a red n I'd weark Yeah, we're again if we're unied up double team in this thing. Yeah, of course I would do that. Yeah, if you're wearing red and I'm wearing blue. But you know I'm not just gonna go full heal and go against my boys, no question, because we got like we just got to figure some shit out.
Speaker 2: In house when we when y'all were in Nebraska, did you take care of business? What do you mean? Did you get that signature we need? So? Uh, we're gonna get Oh, you look like Derek with his new haircut. He's fucking twenty four seven just doing that.
Speaker 5: No, I keep talking about this stuff.
Speaker 2: But it's like getting in my mouth and stuff.
Speaker 1: Am I about to be upset? You know, I've thought about this. I thought about this this morning on my Man. You know, it's gonna be a bummer when I have to deliver this news. It's not It's ultimately not gonna be a bummer because I feel very good about it. I think what the issue is, and I can face this head on with the boys, is they're hesitant on doing it and like being like, oh, we're we're focused on some trophy versus being focused on the season because of what happened in week zero. So the vibes were a little off killed being there, you know what I mean there. It wasn't like there was a cloud there. It's just I didn't want to be this raw raw, you know, goofy dude, trying to approach like, hey, let's let's get this thing settled before they play North Dakota. I was trying to wait for it after North Dakota. But again the comment was made to me.
Speaker 2: Who made it to you?
Speaker 1: I won't say the comment. I'll tell you after the show, Okay, But uh, I think it's gonna happen. I know what's going to happen. Not that I think I know it's gonna happen. I've talked to the boys. I think the whole thing is like the miss where the misconception is it's like, hey, we don't want to like be bragging or like make something out of the trophy like after weeks zero, which I get and I understand this is something that should have been done in the off season anyway. Uh, but it's like, you know, they think that we might be blowing it up. Saying like, oh, they're doing X, Y and Z, and I to me, I feel like we can just know we can. We just need Signaures signatures because it helps us make the trophy, right, Like, that's all we need. We just need to know that's gonna be a real thing.
Speaker 2: The thing that worries me is if it's taking this long for Nebraska. When we get that information and go give it to Michigan, how long is it gonna take Michigan?
Speaker 3: You guys, I mean, fuck, you guys won what fifty five to nothing?
Speaker 2: Right? They scort three when our threes were in Michigan, took care of business this weekend, the Michigan. Michigan did exactly what we all expected them to do, you know, just handle their business. We need the question marks on the defensive line of who's gonna take over. And it was just a slew of gentlemen meeting the quarterback.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm glad you guys are hell on business. We need you guys to because you guys didn't care of the fucking torch. Oh, no question, you know what I mean. We need some heavy hit, We need some hunters going into this Big ten conference.
Speaker 2: Uh, Michigan is real set up to be eleven and oh going into Ohio State. Now, this is just a fan speaking. I know there's the every every week's new and all that bullshit. Hang on eleven and O going in you guys play what game? Do you guys play? Ohio State? Always the last game of the year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but is that.
Speaker 2: That'll be the basic game? Yeah? Whoever wins that one?
Speaker 1: In the Bason Damer you know what I'm thinking about, Like, yeah, I mean eleven and oh going into Ohio State.
Speaker 3: It's just you know what's you guys at.
Speaker 2: Schedule, It's pretty it's a pretty like fair schedule for us.
Speaker 1: Right, It's a schedule you look at you're like, all right, this is favorable to go undefeated.
Speaker 2: If you look at the teams that could give us issues, I would say Michigan State. That's gonna be October twenty ninth. Yeah, and we play Connecticut Donkey, Iowa good team, donkey. Uh.
Speaker 1: We played High Hawaiian next three. Huh must have defense. But they only won seven to three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, I'm pretty sure what who he's talking about? Uh? Who won? How do you pull that off? That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: In a field goal That's why I didn't even see it, but I saw they didn't score a touchdown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, du if it's two safeties in a field goal, what a ridiculous imagine betting that just happening. Yeah, so I said, when you look at Michigan schedule, listen, the boys are gonna do what they gotta do. Horriball's gonna keep these guys focused week in and week out. You had a good Hawaii team coming in. They're probably already here working through it, getting to the time change. They're gonna be ready to play.
Speaker 1: You guys are gonna drave Hawaii. Let's call it what it is. Broyep yep. You guys a gonna beat out of Hawaii, and you gotta like it hard.
Speaker 2: Boy.
Speaker 3: He's a great he's a good head coach.
Speaker 2: He's a great head coach. He's a great head coach.
Speaker 1: Uh and you want him. You know, he's leading the boys. And then after talking to what's the running backs name? I know, I asked you, what do.
Speaker 2: You see that hurdle? We were with Blake. He's not a tall dude. Yeah, but let me fucking put the bunnies on that dude.
Speaker 1: And listening to his like determination and it's just everything for being you cat, I'm like this, it's gonna be a They're a good team.
Speaker 2: My biggest worry was the defensive line because yeah, Aiden who left, he was like obviously and then him and a Jabo who was a stud We should have been a first round pick, but it tore his achilles and in the in the while we were there, bro, But if it seemed like they really figured it out, who over the DC? Who's the DC of Michigan because he was down up some blitzes putting, putting those four offensive linemen and an absolute blender the four quarters pen stake.
Speaker 3: I mean, you never know they beat produced.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's that. It's that Pisto jesse mentor dude, what no, No, that Michigan is that Michigan pay State. It's a hard place to play, dude, But you're hoping that Penn State wins like when like you, hopefully both of you guys are unfeat of playing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no question, I'm just talking about I'm talking about the Big Ten Conference as a whole.
Speaker 2: Yeah. After watching Georgia against Oregon, holy I wanted them to win so bad. All their tight ends they have like three tight ends. They can literally go thirteen personnel of the entire game and just dust people in the passing game. Georgia bro Georgia. Alabama and Alabama stole their like Georgia's best two players, and now they're at Alabama this year. Apparently Alabama. Ben Jones is out there saying I'm scared of Alabama. Of course it made a make statement. It's also the Pact twelve. But here here, But I love USC, and Boster said USC. I love USC. When I was in high school, it was USC Texas and the SEC school besides Bonner Broler Kentucky. That's where I wanted to go. Pete Carroll, Colt McCoy. But USC hasn't been legit until since we were in will and I were in high school.
Speaker 1: No who they play, I hang on, Here's here's what we can say about USC. They've had good recruiting classes. Now Lincoln Riley's there with that high powered offense in Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: He's a stuff he could like.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of optimism after that first game because they just beat.
Speaker 2: The ship out of Rice. Now, you guys got you just mentioned a team that you guys got coming up in about two weeks Oklahoma.
Speaker 1: We got to focus on Georgia Southern first after these first couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: Boys, Now, not that we're in it, not that we're in a situation.
Speaker 2: We just need to if it's not special teams or put in the hands of the refs, you guys can win every game, every game.
Speaker 1: But all I'm saying when I say that is we need to put together four good quarters of football. Like we got to focus not on not we don't. We don't need to focus on Georgia Southern. We need to focus on that game because we got to focus on ourselves with Oklahoma coming into town.
Speaker 2: Love that.
Speaker 1: We got to be ready to go because the product we're putting out on the field right now, I don't know if we're beating Oklahoma. So the boys just got to tighten up. We're going to I think any I want to think ahead.
Speaker 2: I think any Nebraska fan listening to this right now should appreciate you speaking so candidly. And that was beautifully said. I appreciate that, man, Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 1: And what I was gonna say about Oregon too, why it's such so impressive by Georgia is I was listening to one of those sports shows this morning. But apparently Oregon's had like a top ten recruiting class like the last three or four years, so they have talent there.
Speaker 2: I mean what you mean by Pac twelve, Like, yeah, they're like the little Michigan had tops and recruiting classes every year. I was at Michigan and we were never them.
Speaker 3: But you guys didn't have a Harball as you right, coach.
Speaker 2: True, Harba harpball is really becoming what everybody wanted harball. Why everyone wanted harball when I was When I was at Michigan, when I my freshman year there had Rich Rodriguez and they're like, wor's harpball, we want harball, And they fired him and they got Brady Hokud, like we want harball, right, Remember was always we want harball, always, always, always.
Speaker 1: Hey, I think it's a consensus shoutout, no free shout out from everybody.
Speaker 3: But we're in week one of the NFL season. This weeks.
Speaker 2: You've survived, we've made it.
Speaker 1: All football's coming together as a sitting there knowing I'm gonna be watching them games.
Speaker 3: I'm fucking fired the.
Speaker 1: Fuck up for a couple of months though. Yeah, when December comes yeah, we know how changes. But as a fan in the market, I think.
Speaker 2: Of you just just like in this like like this little capsule doing there's water all around, and there's tubes everyone. You're just fucking loading right now, dude, you're just loading. Should we do it more week? That's what they're saying right there before around vitals are good, and then just wait for you to fucking dude.
Speaker 3: Wolverine get his animantheum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great visual, right, visual fucking will He's gonna be out there, baby, absolutely gonna be out there. Should we do? I mean, we don't want to this to be too long, right Yeah? But also the boys back, like I know, I'm super stoked. I just be on the bust on the NFL.
Speaker 8: You want to talk about tailgates?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, this this this Sunday game is at what time? I just found that out today.
Speaker 1: So we'll be tailgating probably starting you like what one o'clock one before kickoff, So we will be an acme feeding seed. Sunday fives will be up top floor rooftop. Yeah, we got a lot of fun ship happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, Garrett, how many how many of those new shirts are gonna be there.
Speaker 2: A lot.
Speaker 3: There's gonna be a lot of fucking shirts.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of boxes at my house right, a lot of boxes. What do we what do we agree on?
Speaker 3: What do we agree on with the hats?
Speaker 2: Those hats? Like we're giving away hats or should we do? We need to?
Speaker 9: Uh, we can figure it out basically, what out enough you guys on so we can figure out what right?
Speaker 1: What I have to teach you guys on is we're gonna be like giving away something to the first x amount of people who go and buy our new shirts, our new the Boys Electric Lightning, Gladiator.
Speaker 2: Ahead, tightened head shirts, standing shirt.
Speaker 9: We're partnered with whistle Pig for the tailgates too, so drink options will be whistle Pig and we're gonna have a whistle Pig collab bust and shirt to giveaway as well.
Speaker 1: Wow, we should we should do a couple of giveaways in there, something like, you know, like a date with yea Willy?
Speaker 2: Like what what like a date with playoff Willie? Yeah? Yeah, something special only we knew. I'm laughing, but I don't know that's fun? Uh? We merch push what's a boogie oh this is yeah, that's who was on the podcast. Son. I was like, oh ship, yeah, fucking electric podcast coming up this week or coming up in what the next twenty minutes?
Speaker 3: Probably may I ask? Can can we get a pulse?
Speaker 2: Uh? Can we get a.
Speaker 1: Pulse on the excitement going into week one? It's okay if not, because I know we haven't done any like meeting meeting before the pod? Can we look forward to the boy? Can we look forward to the boy being with.
Speaker 2: Us all year long? Oh? On podcasts? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like it like an Aaron Rodgers announcement.
Speaker 1: Myself Pat mcviee saying the official announcement, Aaron Rodgers will be with us all year long?
Speaker 3: Can we look forward to the boy being with us?
Speaker 2: For you know, I would like to say for the remainder of the season, I will be joining Busting with the Boys each week, win or loss, for twenty to thirty minutes on interest. Yeah.
Speaker 1: A lot of people are mad right now. A lot of fucking guys are mad right now. But there's a there's a fucking giveaway. Did your boys on social media? Your boys on social media? So I gotta scratch that edge somehow. Here we are as crazy as you're not on social media. I saw some Budlight twet go out as we saw that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sometimes when you're sponsored, you gotta do what you gotta do. Hey, sometimes, Yet I had to prove the tweet Listen, bud Light is outstanding. What of what a absolute vessel of a way to get a little courage up, feel great, taste great, and go out with the boys. Bud Light just screams happiness. It really does. He gave us some good content I heard. I walked into equitment room and all the boys were like, you see your boy, your boys soiling you? And I was like, for what? And you were fucking killing because I couldn't come out busting with the boys. Just the people going through. You see what your boy Willly did. Here's your boy will is too. Because I was trying to show everybody that video today you sent me at the that ship. Yeah, And I was trying to show people. Everyone's like, yeah he tweeted that. I was like, I'm like, oh, this is old news to everyone, dude. I was just over the weekend. I was just fucking stoked, dude. But yeah, the season is upon us, boys.
Speaker 3: Yes, are we able to dive in on any of that stuff.
Speaker 2: Ask me whatever you want.
Speaker 3: So let's gauge the polster we we How excited are are we?
Speaker 2: Like? I'll be out there. I'll be out there. I left eckled. Are you ready to take souls? We'll see theos. I'm stoked for this day. Yeah, I'm fucking I'm I'm stoked for this game. All the boys are stoked.
Speaker 1: Did you acquire your last stone in training camp? Are we taking?
Speaker 2: So? I think the boys are. I think the boys had a good fucking day of practice today. And usually when you take a weekend off. We took Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Thursday, sorry, Friday, Saturday Sunday off, usually it's lackluster. A lot of energy today from the boys. Love to hear that. And you are dialed in because I tried getting your.
Speaker 1: Rest in Nebraska, because I knew the boys have a labor day weekend off.
Speaker 2: Let me try and finaglo. Yeah, Taylor, to be honestly, I would have I would have loved to go bro, I mean sand but missed up. Yeah, missed up big time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, missed up. But I understand six seven years from now, I'm in Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got a lot of you got obviously a bigger fish to fry, no quesh. But he would have been right there with me and we'd have just been in syncing little bit. I would not have been in there what I have Nebraska's like that day would have definitely been like these boys, dude, Yeah, you'd have been in there just living in Nebraska, like everyone fucking loves you in Nebraska. But I guarantee there's two players or three that are like, what the fuck is this guy?
Speaker 3: No doubt, Yeah, no doubt, no doubt.
Speaker 1: I will say when we when we walked the hall and all the boys were coming down from meetings, there's a lot of love because I do feel that.
Speaker 3: Like I know how I was as a player, and when is this guy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you have old heads coming around and say all right, man, we get it, like you had your time.
Speaker 3: But I will say I felt like the vibes were high when I was in front of them.
Speaker 2: All you never know because they're not kind of love the many of your two faces home, right, there's a couple of guys out there like fucking I definitely think about it, and you're right, like we you see it.
Speaker 1: Just pull air out of the movie because you did like we were those we were we were in those locker rooms and when the old heads would come around, but usually they're on some motivational ship. Maybe the boys just love kind of like the Maybe they love it, yeah, maybe, who knows, they're just fucking about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh you know Gary Nelson loves it.
Speaker 2: Gary was he was the boy stoked. How'd the boy play?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had a good game, sach I saw him and I saw him in the first quarter just absolutely run through somebody to make a TfL on the other side. He was left ind fucking ran through the tackle and made a TfL on the right side, chased the depth of the ball, hands of the chest, hands inside, he used his length.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, very able.
Speaker 3: Wild love that.
Speaker 2: You would add a boner. Yeah, that been a football porn that had been up on the next meeting on Monday, for sure, for sure. I fucking love that, dude. Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, absolutely, that was your one though I don't know joh St segment wait one, you know you come up one on absolutely, Tay get all baby.
Speaker 2: We interrupt this podcast to bring you another ad, and that is Roman swipes. Roman swipes are convenient the over the counter wipes that are clinically proven to help you last longer in bed. They are uniquely formulated to reduce overstimulation without eliminating sensation altogether, and at twenty nineteen study they were proven to increase time to orgasm by more than four times. That would be an entire minute for me to use. Just remove the disposable swipe from a from its discrete pocket sized pack. Wipe on the most sensitive part of your penis for those of you who are wondering, that's the tip, and allow to drive for about five minutes. This is so just look over just look at ruh when used as their when users directed, Roman Swipes leave no scent or taste, so there is no transfer to your partner. They are safe, effective, and no prescription is needed. All swipe. All Swipes orders include free two day shipping that's quick, baby, and arrive in unmarked packaging so mommy and Daddy won't know what you ordered. Try today for as little as two seventy five per swipe. That's Roman Swipes. Oh, we're just gonna put this up on me now for everyone's Try Swipes today with a special offer just just for our listeners. Get twenty percent off your first order at Get roman dot com slash Busting bull Busting Boys Today. That's Get Roman dot com slash Busting Boys Today. Like that one.
Speaker 1: Back to this family's podcast, gentlemen, is time for our favorite segment of the week, shout Out of the week.
Speaker 2: Let's go boys. Always we start out with the man. As long as Will doesn't speak, he'll be just fine delivering his shout out. No free shot out of the week, Boss, Let's hear what you got baby?
Speaker 4: My shout out No free shout out of the week this week goes to a specific app that.
Speaker 8: Kept me engage into the.
Speaker 4: College football Every college football game out there.
Speaker 1: Right, and he's done, dude, He's fucking done.
Speaker 4: No, I want to shout out the barstool Sports app.
Speaker 2: This week.
Speaker 4: I got to place a few bets, but I targeted games that I and I wouldn't typically watch. So I was obviously excited for the big games, the Notre Dame, the USC game, you know, the Michigan game, the Nebraska game. But some games that I wasn't so like engaged in. I placed bets on those that kept me engage and it was all thanks to the barsol Sports app so my shout out, no free shout goes to the barstool Sports.
Speaker 2: That's an outstanding shout out, outstanding one. Next up to his left, stay all right, the milk hunter himself, Jackie boy, what you got? All right?
Speaker 7: So we're talking about Sunday, first game of the regular season.
Speaker 2: We're all so stoked.
Speaker 7: But last night had my fantasy football draft, and bro, if we aren't back, I mean, we're just so fucking here when you get in there.
Speaker 8: We had all the boys over in my house.
Speaker 7: We got three guys that are out of state, so we zoomed them in, seven other guys in my crib. We got the laptops out, we got guys with multi screens, you know, we got them zoomed in. We got the pizza, we got the beers, and then it's like ten minutes where the draft starts. Your heart starts kind of beating a little fast. And I had the number one pick, but.
Speaker 8: I was already dialed in.
Speaker 7: I knew I was taking I was taking Jonathan Taylor, even though I'm a Titans.
Speaker 8: Guy, I'm taking jt.
Speaker 2: This is this is out a fan.
Speaker 7: You know, Phantom is not attashed in fantasy because it's financial, it's not fandom. So I was I was taking Jonathan Taylor no matter what.
Speaker 2: The kid.
Speaker 7: I an now standing season last year, he's twenty three, he's in a run heavy offense.
Speaker 8: I'm I'm ready. I mean, I'm just down.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So anyways, dide, I hope you knock your two front teeth out with that fucking statement.
Speaker 1: Here's my question. Is it a PPR league. Yes, that's a I mean, that's a good pick. You can't go wrong with that pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no other option. Both in the same predicament.
Speaker 1: Because I had the first overall pick, who you picked Christian McCaffrey's listen, Derek was out there. I was really struggling internally, and I think it was personally with the whole Jonathan Taylor, Derek Henry because I had both Derek and Jonathan last year on my team. Because Jonathan slipped and I was able to get him, and fortunately, like when Derek went down, I thought everything was over, Jonathan Taylor just comes to comes to light and saves the entire season. Ended up earning myself the first overall pick. However, I went with highest sea and I think that's Christian McCaffrey because when that dude's own, he's got he's got a thousand rushs, he's got a thousand receiving yards PPR league as well. Like he's an absolute savage in the fantasy world. Yeah, I hope he doesn't get injured.
Speaker 8: Banker's gonna plug in.
Speaker 2: Well there, I.
Speaker 1: Think too, And so I think that's just tough, Like obviously the injuries the last couple of years, but I think, you know, you know, you know, the boys grinding so riding. I went with the highest upside into the fantasy value. Again, you had to take emotion out of it. That's why I went with Christian McCaffrey.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So anyways, this Sunday will directly affect the next six months of my Sundays. So I just love that this team that I chose could either make or break my entire life for the next half of the year.
Speaker 2: And to me, that's special. Yeah, that's real.
Speaker 7: Emotion is just you know, everywhere, all the boys are dialed in. So yeah, my shadow, know free shadow goes to I guess the NFL being back, but most importantly, my fantasy team and me taking that fucking championship, collecting the bread and hopefully I made the right decisions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, there's no doubt that Jonathan Taylor's stuff. There's no question about it. I hope you lose every single game. But my shoutout was going to be fantasy because we're doing our draft tonight at the house at seven thirty. Now we're not piggyback, and I have to come up with the whole new one. I have to come up the whole fucking new one, dude. But hey, listen, that's nice, nice shoutout, dude, going back on the shew, going back on the shell it, dude, it's tough man. Vibes are now low for mine.
Speaker 5: Grape, you go ahead.
Speaker 2: Mine has nothing to do with the Titans, remember, are you know?
Speaker 11: Like my shout out, no free shout out goes to uh well, my friend Nick actually brought this to my attention because I was on hold recently on the phone and I was stuck on hold with the music playing. But someone companies don't stick you on hold. They say, hey, press nine if you would like us to call you back when you're when it's your turn. So my shadow, no free shadow goes to the companies that don't make you stay on hold and then call you back.
Speaker 2: This is short.
Speaker 1: I love that shout out. Man, that's a good shout out. You always find the little creative.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, that that was creative and beautiful. Absolutely gerk JP got us back on track, dude, I need you to fucking let's bring it home. Buddy. What do you got for? All? Got you my shout out? Free shout out. This week is when you're traveling.
Speaker 9: So this weekend in the hotel, I turned the t Obviously, the first thing you do is crank their down, turn.
Speaker 2: The TV on, lokey like you get it ended right there. Yeah, you did ac one day, so I didn't want to, you know, go back a little bit. It was the fan at Costco. But yeah, fire, what are you augusted? Sorry, I'm not gonna it's not it's not my time. No, you're good, but turn the TV on, flipping through channels.
Speaker 9: So my shout out in a free shadows when you find a movie at the beginning, when you're traveling and you're able to just sit and watch the whole thing.
Speaker 2: I found Suicide Squad and it was fire. You thought Suicide Squad was fire? It is a good movie. A yeah, it's not my place. Listen, dude, you like threw me off deftly through me off. You like Chewis and Melow Mushroom. You know, I'm okay with both those places, but I don't like real putting words in my mouth like that. I'm not like putting my name behind either of those companies. That's fair. I will say. Here's what hotels really need to start doing is give you the access to hit Netflix and Hulu and all that, and to be able to sign into that every single time. If you go to a hotel and all you have is the guide, like you you have like the home screen, go to nex Channel one. Channel one is yes, rotating telling you what's what it's like I'm fucking in for this this weekend or however long I'm here.
Speaker 1: Sometimes they got some banger movies on there, because you're picking your poison right. If you have Netflix and the other stuff, then you don't have those movies that are still in theaters.
Speaker 2: I did as a kid love the still in theaters fucking category of the movies. Now outstanding, dude, because I feel you when you're in the hotel.
Speaker 3: That's like those couple of things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like the Netflix thing.
Speaker 1: It fires you up if especially if you're like binging something. But also you got to go through the process of signing in using the remote, which.
Speaker 2: Is sometimes that can be a deal.
Speaker 5: Sometimes gonna be the he's.
Speaker 1: The arrow moving it all around everywhere. Then you got to picture wife, Hey, what's our past word?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that happens to me every single time. Yeah, yeah, I think eventually I would just save it in my phone, but I don't. I really don't.
Speaker 9: So what's the shout out here at when you're like at a hotel and you you're or you could be at home, but you on regular TV catch a movie at the beginning?
Speaker 2: Ah, I like that. I liked it. I didn't I which suicide Squad was it first one? See?
Speaker 1: I feel like when you mentioned the suicide Squad, it was bringing the vibe down. Then it started going on a path. That's like at the end of the day, the shoutouts like the vibe you when you catch a movie at the very beginning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Shorsey was on. Oh my god, seriously, Shorzy is the best one season show I've ever seen in my life. Have you guys not seen Shortsy yet yet? Yes? I haven't watch shorts yet yet fucking ridiculous. Willie brand new poncho, same attitude. Let's see what you got, buddy, Yes, sir, Oh my goodness, what's up? Really? Oh my god, that baby scared the hell out of me. Dude, that baby just scared the hell out of me. Girl, what's up? Route right? You're in here, dude?
Speaker 1: No, hang on, they can wait, they can wait their term. My shout out, no free shout out, And I hesitate saying the shout out.
Speaker 2: Because it is Jonathan Taylor.
Speaker 3: No, no, he really fucked him up. But I don't know if it's gonna be yours.
Speaker 1: And I know over the course of these next few weeks, I like, I don't want this to be will set it so we can't use this or just say it in a different vibe. But my shout out, no free shout out. We are this is week one of September. We are a month out from this podcast. And namely, I want to credit because I know I know what's going through your head right now, and I know it's hard, but I want to credit my man for putting me on this. The bus's favorite month, your favorite month, but the vibe knowing that we are one month out from Spootober. Is my shout out, no free shout out. It's like starting to get the weather starting to a little bit breaks go down, dude, I hate.
Speaker 2: I don't want to name.
Speaker 1: I don't want to give all the context because it's like those are shout outs in its own right. So I just want to keep it true that we are being in week one of September. We are officially one week out of Spootober, one month out, one month, one month, one month.
Speaker 2: That was maybe the best shout out no free SHADOWT we've had.
Speaker 1: I know, and I didn't know where you were gonna go, but I guess that's the that's the that's like the chance you.
Speaker 3: Take going like wanting to go last.
Speaker 2: There's no question, there's no I think that's an outstanding one. I did see a couple of leaves fault, which is its own shadow no free SHADOWT. We're not going to get into everything. My wife actually said to me two days ago shout out tailor. She goes, I think I need to start ordering stuff for Spootober. I was like, yeah, a hundred, not that big, but yeah, well I wish. Well, now we're killing people. Now we're killing people, just fucking it's fighting you. God, what a shout out, dude, And so hey, you get your decorations up by October one, because you only get thirty one days. You only get thirty one days. My shout out, no free Shadow has jumped around quite a bit during this little get a little get a little bit here, and it's jumped around a little bit, and I've been just absolutely playing mental warfare in my head, trying to figure it out real quick. The Boys are coming over for fantasy football tonight at seven thirty. We're drafting. We have a good time. The loser has to do something done at the end. We don't play for money. We don't play for money. I'm not trying to get on that receiver from Atlanta. We just play. The Boys are gonna enjoy it. Whoever has the first pick. If they don't say Dary Henry, they're dead to me. Free Covin Ridley, but free Calvin Ridley. Yeah, Calvin Ridley. But my shout out, no free Shadow of the week is this one might be good for you, Willy Is you want to say it good for me? This might be a nice one for you. Is when you're in the season, and the stress this season is hitting you, you know, week in and week out. For here from now on, it's for keeps. Is the small time you get with the boys outside of the facility to enjoy some camaraderie. Whether it's the old line dinner, whether it's doing the draft party, whether it's Dereck Henry cruising over to the house just because he wants to have dinner with Jason, our chef and just hang out and you sit there for a couple hours and talk. So it's the camaraderie. It's the little things outside of the building that grow you closer and closer every single day. You that's how that's our foundation, that's our absolute foundation. You guys might yeah, overall, I think it's just it's a great vibe and it takes away that little bit of stress you get. So sorry, I'm sorry, My shadowed is the little pieces of camaraderie you get with the boys outside of the building. Go ahead, No, I was.
Speaker 1: Just gonna say like that, you are right, Like it's something that helps like lower your stress, like realize that there's you know that you can enjoy moments because some when you're in the building, especially when it's when it's fucking grindy, because it gets grindy.
Speaker 2: Gets grindy when.
Speaker 1: You leave the building and you catch those vis with the boys.
Speaker 2: There's nothing big belly laughs. Yeah, just having a good time, just absolutely sinking into your couch, maybe watching a TV show, not saying a word. Maybe you see It's the Boy for an hour and just look at your phone, just start standing.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I really love that. It's crucial. It's vital to have a like a level headed season vity vityal.
Speaker 3: Should we bring her on the bus?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Bring mer on the bus, Hey, babe, come on.
Speaker 3: The bush on the bus.
Speaker 2: I have to open it up. It's a school bus.
Speaker 3: A punch of the tailor got it was a gift, Yeah, it was a gift.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. What is your shoutout? No for your shout out of the week? Sit right there now you're on camera one hundred per one hundred percent. You won't come see me? You keep standing over? Come on, is uncle Taylor?
Speaker 3: You're shout out?
Speaker 2: No free shut out of the there's no question.
Speaker 3: Look at this bus, hi, sweet group?
Speaker 2: No, do you want to like just like deer? A little dear little moaning? Look at this? Are you kidding me, uncle, What a way, What a way to start the day, start your week. It's Monday, right, Labor Day. All the moms out there, they're working. All the moms are working today. Shout out the moms. Golf popping the mom shout don't scare the baby, don't scare the baby. This week h on this podcast coming to you after we read this, next ad is going to be mister Leonard Fournette and Vitavey Levante David.
Speaker 1: Right, that's what you said. Leonard Fournette. By the way, the Leonardo all time my bus war, I mean, we are. It's so hard to figure out.
Speaker 2: I tell you what. That episode will absolutely transcend into the episode abyss. If he actually puts us on the on that private jet, you'll have lunch with him. Yeah, his mom's house. I know, I know he made some promises. He did make some mad some promises.
Speaker 3: I really, but yeah, the Levante David episode Vida b v Tove very soft spoken.
Speaker 2: Very soft spoken, and you thought about five minutes and you're like, we're gonna have a tough one with this guy. Yeah, let's see it and know how much he was gonna We're gonna break through some walls we had. You're gonna be watching. We're gonna say, like, allright, we're gonna see what kind of skills Taylor and Will.
Speaker 3: Really do have as interviewers. Because v to Bay is so soft.
Speaker 2: Spoken, I would say we did not standing job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got some really good stuff, some old high school stories. My man thought he was gonna play linebacker at three hundred and fifty pounds. He was not going to an incredible story about the Super Bowl, like him getting back right for the super Bowl because he broke his what is his leg ors ankle?
Speaker 2: Ankle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you guys are gonna love it.
Speaker 2: Body.
Speaker 1: If you're watching right now, subscribe were five stars, leave a little comment. You guys know the vibes, Like jump in the comment section right now. We're here for the intro vibes. We're here for the vibes.
Speaker 2: Boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have a great time without further ado, Bay Levante David biggest of the hugs and tiniest stuff.
Speaker 6: Work.
Speaker 2: Make sure when we're on this like hold that close to your lips styling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Unfortunately, like he's more of the time.
Speaker 2: I got it, I got, I got you, I got the first time with me on it though, Yeah, and so I do just to open it up. Yeah, twenty eleven, Yeah, two thousand eleven, Like, hey, we got to block today. You were remember we number four before, Yeah, we gotta block this guy twenty seven tackles. You the only guy that made it tackle the whole day because we donkey y'all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you guys you remember the next one I do remember to meet. Levante was the only one talked about because even though he had twenty some tackles, like I think in the books it's like seventeen or something like. Yeah, and literally Bo was like if anybody, if if we had more people in here that had half the heart of Levante David. He was a fucking warrior on the field and the rest of you just pissed on your leg. Bro.
Speaker 2: Way he had to be sitting there. He couldn't be small.
Speaker 12: Enough because it was a blowout. Yeah, that's so bad. I remember, like it was everything. It was just like it wasn't ask one thing. The only one who showed up the basically.
Speaker 2: It really wasn't an ass beating beat ship out of all. Yeah. But the next year, yeah, the next year got hurt, you guys that we already got that. People can click on whatever. We we had the nod On. We did a spring tour thing and we had the nod On.
Speaker 1: We we talked about that game because they had like I think they averaged like two yards of carry the next year the next year. Yeah, we you know how the Blackshier game worked that game? Yeah, you're in black that game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, give us the juice we need. It was a nice little clip of me taking well to the sideline in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 1: In the fourth, Yeah, we were wall here's winning by what twenty one? I mean, it was like a two score game. But you guys are running like late in the fourth like we were. You guys were trying to like get out of there.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Our quarterback through three receptions. Yeah, meet for negative immediately. It was awful. Did Stanley catch a pick that game?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the first one when Din got hurt and they threw that first one. That's when Stalo got in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's get the word count up. So we're at practice yesterday and your big ass lines up at a five technique and what I tell you yesterday the day before you what I say, don't fucking line up over here, bro. I gotta cut you. I got shoot. I just gotta do what I'm told.
Speaker 1: Bro, they find up like out on a tackle, are you like excited about that game planner?
Speaker 2: Would you rather be inside? You know, it just depends.
Speaker 6: I know most tackles they're gonna jump sent me, yes, just because they know I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna come with power. Yeah for us.
Speaker 6: So they try to jump sent me to stop my momentum. So my move I can't get away.
Speaker 2: My move I swiping inside. So I'm doing I'm doing something. Hey, I'm telling you if this man's ever Like last year when we practice against them, were watching the film and we're like going back over the film like, hey, this is what these guys run for the two double a blah bla blah blah. And so that there was one it was like third and nine or whatever, and there's a tight end. You line up at a nine technique and I said, I looked at the coach and said, hey, this big motherfucker's out there, like, don't expect me do my job. I'm kidding. I gotta block that guy.
Speaker 1: I think you're trying to get the call from Tannehill. And then just all time out, I couldn't fucking bro and.
Speaker 2: Then we were playing, y'all, what was it twenty was that our place? Twenty nineteen? We're in the red zone, dude, and JBP drops in the coverage. So I went to like slam it back because there's probably pressure or something, and this man catches his arm undermine and it was basically one of those take me where you want with me, you're gonna yeah, you're gonna take me wherever you want to go. Right now we do a touchdown, but damn, I was in the laugh at the quarterback and no chance, boogie, what we should get? What should we get into with a video belt? You know? Boogie?
Speaker 1: He uh, he gave you the record. He gave the recommendation of you to come on the bus. As part of me was taking like should we get you and Devon On and have you guys said you're the two best, the best thing in the league.
Speaker 2: Been on before already. Yeah, as though it was you asking me that.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, I'm saying because I asked you, who do you think we should get on the bus.
Speaker 12: I've been playing handbrake and I said possibly be the bell because I was giving him ship.
Speaker 2: He was like it was like, why why would you recommend can? I say he was interviewing. I know. I looked at my up.
Speaker 1: I was like, Oh, he's just some big white tight end. And you're like, oh, we've done that. We've been interviewing tight ends, which is true. We kind of need to get away with it.
Speaker 2: Okay, get away from Yeah, we can't. We can't be boxed in. I don't know heritage. She's like, dude, but he's got to about the nickname behind Boogie. I can. It's long enough. It's been long enough. It's been long enough.
Speaker 1: This is a fun story actually, so Levante like any young college male horny.
Speaker 3: So we would always we would always.
Speaker 1: Joke with Boogie because you know, he'd get he'd get in himself into some situations and Zoe would always say, hey, Boogie, you're like a You're like a pit bull with the pink thing hanging out. And we would laugh about it. And I told Boogie like, I'm gonna name my first dog. I'm gonna get a pit bull and I'm gonna name him Boogie.
Speaker 2: Which rocket, what's up? Rocket? Yeah? Which happened.
Speaker 1: I got my first dog and I named him Boogie. I remember text booking centerim a photo, Like, hey, I named my first Pitt Boogie.
Speaker 2: After you, just you know, just joking, But that's how I got the nickname. That's how I kind of elevated because Sooe always called you Boogie to begin with.
Speaker 12: Tho was our third running mate basically was in college. Yeah, but so yeah, being horny that's where he got the name. You were like that in Nebraska. Like what you know what I'm saying, horny?
Speaker 1: You know, when you're fellow, you know, when your fellas get into some situations, you're like, man, how'd you get how'd you get in that?
Speaker 2: How'd you get yourself in that situation? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, everything, and.
Speaker 2: So you know, he would just joke.
Speaker 12: I came from Juco going to Nebraska and it's more open.
Speaker 2: I could be more freely. So were open, Like it's the plans, Like what was running free in the plane? Yeah, like Kansas it was ship I mean, yeah, Kansas is a fucking not I mean, but Nebraska is the exact same.
Speaker 1: I was way bigger and better than Fort Scott, Kansas. They talked about it being about pretty slummy. Yeah, uh it was. It was pretty I don't want a bash. I mean they showed a lot of leve when I was there, but it was really nothing there.
Speaker 2: It was just a Walmart that basically. Yeah. But besides like the college I've been in Nebraska. Yeah, but it's you come from Miami. Yeah that too. That had to be a huge was it was? It definitely was. It was everybody pretty much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you came from a big city or a big area by pretty much. Shit on Lincoln, Nebraska, where I came from.
Speaker 2: I thought Lincoln was like, oh fuck, this is a city and everybody's like, this isn't ship. You can do everything here.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean Lincoln wasn't bad, I guess. Coming from Fort Scott going to Lincoln, I was like, oh yeah, happy. But I I don't compare nothing to Miami because you know, Miami is Miami. So I am not I'm not going to this city thinking, oh I get the same thing I get down in Miami.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Yeah, where'd you grow up?
Speaker 6: I grew up in California, Northern California, party area.
Speaker 2: I was born in Sacramento. Look at the boys, look at us. Fine, a little fine, a little ground. We're gonna break through those walls eventually, no, right, yeah, gotta I love it. Soft spoken, stude, soft spoken? What's that? What made you want to go to Michigan? I was a punk kid dude that had wore the Dicky pants halfway down his ass and like the band Marge t shirt. Well, I'm just gonna get there. So I was like I was in this like funk where I'm from type vibe. I need to go see Forest. I'm gonna go somewhere else. Okay. Plus Jake Long was like the number one overall pick. So I was like, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go to Michigan. Okay.
Speaker 1: Offer by Nebraska, I know we got into that because we had bow on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We talked about how you recruited Taylor and oh yeah, he was like dumbfounded, had white Taylor flew over all these states and colleges to go to Nebraska?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Michigan. What's your school? Washington University? Why is she stay in California?
Speaker 6: A gray shirt of the Year. I didn't have grades coming out of high school. Yeah, and then it's great shirt of the Year. And then I had a couple offers, and then after that something happened, and then U was the only team that stuck with me, and that was the only visit I took. And when I went there, I was like, damn, it's a nice place.
Speaker 3: I was just like them, how do you not have the grades coming out of high school?
Speaker 6: It was just I think it was just how I grew up. It was my parents from the Islands, so it's just like when I grew up in school, it was just I learned everything on my own or not on my own, but like cousins and relatives, like we learned from each other. But it was it was never a big thing to like take your grades in school, We're gonna get you to college, just like if you're good at It was always if you're good in football, you're gonna go to college. And then I realized that late like junior year, and I was behind like credits in certain classes. I didn't have a language. I never took a language, and then when I gracied the year, that's the only thing I needed. So I did uphold my senior year. After after the football season, I did a whole bunch of like night school classes just to get into college, and the only thing I was missing was a language, and I bypassed it. Because I told him I was fluent in tonguing my heritage, and then I like, I did it. I had to do it like a test like this tongue and lady like how to do like on the computer and stuff, just speaking tongue. And they spoke to me and tongue and I had like translated and then I passed it.
Speaker 2: And then at that point, you you only had the one offer from Washington.
Speaker 3: Washington's allowed spot to play.
Speaker 6: I lied, though, I lied, like when like when people I lied just to get more try to get more offers, when like I did like an interview with something that they had always asked me, like max preps or.
Speaker 2: Something like what offers you got?
Speaker 6: And I was like, hey, I got out to Tennessee.
Speaker 2: That happened. I was just saying them. And then where did that rating get that rating? Yeah, no doubt. Where did you want to go? I grew up a Stafford fan. Really yeah, I don't know about Stamps. I was down the street, no shot of getting his Stanford no shot, no shot.
Speaker 6: But the crazy thing is my senior year, uh, we played against Stanford and then their head coach came up to me after the game was like he was like, you're my favorite player in the back tour right now. And I was like, I was down the street four years ago. Could you could have came and got me.
Speaker 1: He's probably fired up to hear that. Yeah, I was, Hey, Washington is where you kind of had your coming out party.
Speaker 12: Washington was yeah, first year junior or yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah because I broke my foot.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: The first game Levante comes out has like fifteen tackles. He's like throwing up the bones, kill somebody over the middle, and then whenever I come back, there's no job to be had anymore. It was just all Levante. Oh my god, what a feeling.
Speaker 12: Yeah, friends, I went to Yeah, yeah, I mean when I'm when I first got that, Will, Zoe and all of it was it was cool.
Speaker 2: You know, they're cool, like kind of took me.
Speaker 12: Will was the main one kind of like helped me, you know, study and stuff like that, learning defense and stuff like that. Will Compton passing. Will Compton literally he knew I was going to come and.
Speaker 1: Take everything, everything else around the bank, everything from me. But it was more of like frustration because we would only run like dime pack like some where you would ask to linebacker sets we would run dime to fucking everything, and I like the loan linebacker.
Speaker 2: I hated it. Why don't you hate it? I didn't want to be on.
Speaker 12: The backer out there. I'm they were on it with DB's and ship. I ain't like that.
Speaker 2: Were playing a big twelve pen against spread teams. You know how that go.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so like they don't want you know, they want more speed, I guess out there on the field. And then the next year when we end up going to big ten, I basic told him, like, I don't want to be out there by myself. I'll pay the dying position that will play the mic.
Speaker 2: And that's why we gave me a job. Legit, he gave you a job. Yeah, that's tough. So when you did that for that whatever that year that you guys are, you know, it stole everything from you. There was no animosity way he came back, not to him.
Speaker 1: It was more of like one of those situations where you thought you still had the spot because he was balling and like I'm watching the film after the game because I broke my foot and I was like rushing to come back type of thing, because you're kind of like witnessing.
Speaker 2: Like, oh this motherfucker is. He's a baller, and you.
Speaker 1: Would think that I was thinking that he would move over the to the diamond.
Speaker 5: I would be in the middle.
Speaker 1: And when there was like no communication, it was more of like you know, you were kind of like shunned based off like them, nobody's like keeping me in the loop.
Speaker 2: We're talking to me about it, yeah, type of thing.
Speaker 1: Ye with him, like he's like, I mean, he's he's Levante David, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: He was, but you knew he was coming.
Speaker 1: Like the first game he had thirteen or fifteen tackle, Yeah, thirteen tackles, and then like the time playing against Washington, he was like the way he was like slipping blocks and squeezing into certain just squeezing into certain tackles. It's like you knew he was gonna be a fucking dude. And sure enough, like you you're in the top tackles list. Playing two years at Nebraska.
Speaker 2: Who's that? Who's that? Washing?
Speaker 1: Remember what was the players were like the key player it was Jade Locker, Chris Polk. Yeah, uh big Locker, Jamaine Curse, he was They had another guy to Mason Mason Foster, d TM machine R.
Speaker 2: Peter Daniel. Uh, I know the other receiver. It was loud playing there that Washington was louder. Now it's loud enough because they uh.
Speaker 1: They built it up more to go straight up aluminum, everything vibrating. Yeah, it's literally straight up like you know how your guys is surprisingly not that loud, but it's because it's yeah, well, I'm just saying like, you guys obviously have the capacity, but there's just built like.
Speaker 6: The designer, they said, the designer of the Seahawks stadium designed ours. It's kind of kind dropped the field down more. And then the way it's built, it's like it echoes off the uh yeah whatever, the water.
Speaker 2: Like that like that. Yeah, it was that was dope. So getting drafted, do you haven't? Do you have?
Speaker 1: I was just gonna move to him, like you're draft in the first round. Talk to us about like getting picked up by Tampa. You go from California, you go from the West coast all the way to Florida, Like what was that transition?
Speaker 2: Like it was crazy. I knew nothing about Florida.
Speaker 6: I was just I was always on the West coast, Californian kids never really like got out of California and then went to Washington. I was only like a two hour fly away, and then going from that cold to the heat, it was just it was crazy. I knew nobody, nothing about Florida and I came got drafted my first year.
Speaker 2: It was kind of hard. It was rough.
Speaker 6: That was like I knew no one was being he was being mean.
Speaker 2: I mean, no, he wasn't. He wasn't type of guy. He wasn't.
Speaker 6: I just wasn't used to it, and it was hard for me to acclimate. But then right now try transition, and now I love it there. It's crazy because when I first got there, I was like I was a fish out of water. You got it was over there. They threw the whole playbook at me, and I was like, damn in college. So in college, like we didn't got to the point. It got to a point where we were in college that we were so good up front that they gave us like free range kind of and it was just like we didn't have any like blitches, like really, but we had a good enough the line that we rushed like basically three every every day, like every time on third down, so.
Speaker 2: So you basically lined up and just played. We just lined up where everyone wanted.
Speaker 6: We just that's basically what happened, not not to a t, but that's that's basically how it went down, how I felt about it. And then when I came down, they're throwing me all these plays. It was like what's this? It was like learn, It was like what what what they got on?
Speaker 2: The fires? On? Like I don't.
Speaker 6: Know, I don't know what the hills of fires?
Speaker 2: How do you feel about it? Now? You're all dialed in? Now I'm all that well.
Speaker 6: Our D line coach used to be a decordinator, so when he came in my second year, it was just we'd be in the meeting. He like tells everybody's fuck up. He messed up right here. So now it's just like we're in meetings like you know who sucked up ready, and like you know all the plays you got you gotta say, you gotta tell you like normally when the D line and wait, normally D line and wait for the linebackers to give the call. When we're out there, like we're giving the calls too. We know it's just like supposed to be said. At playing you're playing the back like Derrek Tupac Biggie.
Speaker 2: You're playing.
Speaker 6: You're playing running back against like Derrick Henny Alpha Kamara, and they gotta cover him. They're not worried about giving us the call. So he's like my first our first year, that's how it was like, because we knew nothing and we should be out there but the call. So like now they just give us the play and then we'll be able to line each other.
Speaker 12: Like his rookie year coach at the time, he made everybody like trying to learn every like we have some shit called cahoop right who who? So like d Lin had to say what everybody what what everybody had? Like what what this guy had? And drop what coverages is and everything Like I'm like, come on, Mandlan don't even know all that, Like Wey, they need to know the coverages on the back end like that, you know what I'm saying. Just get them boys to front and let them just go play football. So when Casey came in, Casey Casey.
Speaker 6: Changed the whole game. Now it's like we hear the whole call. Ye you hear fifty one, and then they only playing one high and they're playing man. They can't cover forever, so the rush gotta get there. You know what I'm saying when they play everything about it and man that it happened, when it's like not all corners, like all corners are good. I'm not taking talking bad about our corners, but that shit happens more than Man, it's just like something generals the NFL r N their receivers there in the NFL too, so it's like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just you don't want to be a cover one against like the Saints and camoraw go out there.
Speaker 2: You can't. You can't cover guys like that all day.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, basically, like basically like when we be giving the front, like we'll get a coverage call and they like, we'll get a coverage car and they basically already know the front, so it's kind of like easier for everybody to get the call quick. And like when we're in situations like two men and this ship like that, we just wear about the coverage and they take you out the front.
Speaker 2: Basically Like that seems like y'all run intricate ass games though, like you guys have like you have a nine and all of a sudden, I just go spike to the a gap like randomly and a whole like you guys do some wild ship. Yeah, just in practice, just crazy stuff. Like I said, we saw this whole thing out. He was lining up on the outside randomly and stuff like that. Yeah, it's just crazy. Hey listen, they too big. And the thing about you two doesn't knows like a lot of noses don't play hard like you play hard. That's gotta be love for you. Yeah, very love. Yeah, like I seen it from the get go.
Speaker 12: I mean, oh no, Like I played with jerremal Coy and I see how hard he used to play. I used to turn and run to the ball like there's been times with like you know, he like we running to the ball and he passed me up. I'm like, what the fuck. I'm like, it's pissing me off. And then I started to see him doing I'm like, okay, we're getting some what you know, we got something and beat it Like that's already matter. You play hard, you know, all that other stuff gonna come about, you know, as a rookie. He coming in just you know, a big guy. You know what I'm saying. You know, you know they don't own them by the way and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: And then he got there trying to run to the football, and I'm like, okay, you know we.
Speaker 2: Can't he biggas you want to run like that big thing and running so and then ship just go from there.
Speaker 12: That's the main thing too though, like we always about, you know, just playing hard no matter what you know.
Speaker 6: The defense, that's the thing. I never played nose before until I got to college. So high school I played running back on linebacker.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 6: Running wasn't this bigre I was like two fifty. And then when I gray shirted running up, but I carry, I carried the way well, so I didn't really look that big right there.
Speaker 2: Look at this man out here, You're you're massive mass trying to tackle you there. That's just feeling that stiff arm. Dude, he that is in a wheelchair now getting compressed. Kidding me, you guys.
Speaker 6: In the year, I didn't play no d line. All I played was running back and the linebacker, and that was the fla when I played. When I played linebacker, I didn't All I did was bliss every single play.
Speaker 2: That's all I did.
Speaker 6: It's like I didn't know you really didn't have to learn balls even on the offense, like the quarterback. I was like, what's what I'm running just this point for you and you just pay on on defense. I was just blitch every single play. There was only one time I ever dropped back and coverage, and it was like to win the game. It was like last place situation. I dropped back in the coverage is my first time I got PVU and we won the game. I just some dude running like a deep bower and I just started chasing him. Seeing the ball out, I dove and battered the ball down. We won and I was like no one, like no one noticed it. But in my mind inside I was like, damn, that was like the biggest play ever to me and no one like no one noticed me.
Speaker 2: I got up. I thought everyone was gonna.
Speaker 6: Come and like jump on me and make it a play, and it was just like, no, I're gonna store anyway.
Speaker 1: The coach his coaches are definitely just like, how did we just put him in the right let him?
Speaker 2: But that was the thing that makes sense why I didn't get a lot of offers and running back in the middle linebacker. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: When I when I got to uh, when I got to you, dove, I didn't know I was gonna play nose because I gray should You got to think I gray shout the year and I gained the one hundred pounds.
Speaker 2: Let's put it. Let's put a time out real quick. How did you get one hundred pounds in a year? No, all I did, I don't know. All I did.
Speaker 6: All I did was go to Juco and did classes to uh like for me to make make the be able to go to U dove. And then outside of that, how I got strong was I did like construction work, like landscape and stuff, and.
Speaker 2: Like I just went here and I did all the hard.
Speaker 6: I did all like the hard, like the hard labor stuff, bring concrete and stuff, stuff like that, and just like I did it with my uncles and stuff. But like and their payment to me was like feeding me. I didn't get paid cass. They just they just fed me to wake up, go to work, do the class, go do like break concrete and then get fed. And that's all we did was just like eat eat, do construction work and pounds.
Speaker 2: You're like, maybe I shouldn't I did around ago a little slender. Yeah, I felt it.
Speaker 6: I definitely felt it because I knew once I broke three hundred, my back started hurting like walking around. I was like, I was like, God, leave and I told that's what I told everyone was like once you break, once you go over three hundred, you feel it like your back starts hurting. But then you get used to the weight. And it was just like when I went to Dub. The funny thing was, I thought I was gonna play outside linebacker at three hundred pounds and I was like three seventy when I got to you Dub.
Speaker 2: The So here's the coach that had me come see you real quick and they'd be like, here's the thing, though, here's the thing. He just walks in three seventy bro.
Speaker 6: You know you know how you take a visit. Yeah, Like they take you to the weight room and then you step on the scale. They measure you out and stuff. I didn't think they care because I stepped on the scale and it was the first time I ever like weighed myself in that year and I was like three seventy three, and I was just I was like, oh shoot, my heart kind of dropped.
Speaker 2: I thought that.
Speaker 6: I thought was like, damn, they were about to drop my offer this and that and then uh, what's it called? After that, they started taking me to all these restaurants. Restaurants is like feeding me like formally what they do on the visit. So I was like, Oh, they probably don't care. They feed me all this, all this damn food. And I came back. I was out of shape. They got me into shape. Whatever I thought I was coming in playing outside linebacker the end.
Speaker 2: I still thought that even at three seventy. Yet that's what I thought, and said anything to you, you're probably gonna You're probably gonna play anything.
Speaker 6: I came in thinking I was gonna play outside linemaker because that's all I played in high school. When I came in, they were like, you're playing nose.
Speaker 2: I didn't. That was like a whole new world. Huh, I'm mad. I wasn't mad.
Speaker 6: I was just like I was more scared because I was just like, the thing is, the closer you are to the ball, the faster things happened. I was like playing nose. I started getting like knocked out the ball. And then the good thing is I had Danny Shelton when he was there. He was like a true nose guard and I learned from him, and basically that's what really helped me because I watched him, studied him in playing college, and then that was That's really the reason why I feel like I'm the nose that.
Speaker 2: I am today. Danny doing the Chiefs right now.
Speaker 6: It was balling though his senior at you do like, I think the first two games he had like seven sacks. He was but he was like that, yeah, he went to Cleveland first, he got Jack Cleveland to the Patriots Detroit.
Speaker 2: He's at the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: Bro that. That story is funny.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 2: You listen to him, it seems like he's just like an innocent kid.
Speaker 1: He just had no clue, no idea, but we all kind of were. I weighed three seventy three.
Speaker 2: Legit. When you're in high school though, the things you think about that they don't matter at all, but you think, hey, these coaches probably think X, Y and Z, and you just totally all I.
Speaker 6: Head coaching in high school. He didn't care. He was like he wanted us to be heavy. And it was like it was like one time my senior year in high school, the whole old line was just tonguing. There were like three hundred and forty pounds my size. It's just across the board school.
Speaker 5: That was the funniest sight.
Speaker 2: That was the funniest thing.
Speaker 1: If you're a team, if you're like an all white team, you're lining up like fuck yeah, duden't like that's pass though. I mean where I'm from, because you would go to the city and play like an all black team, You're like, oh, fuck.
Speaker 2: For real, dude. I feel like tonguing guys are just like denser cats. He guys are just built different. Man running back, yeah, oh, terrifying middle lineback, terrifying, bullitzing every play? And what school is this? That's just as playing like we never heard of that demographic.
Speaker 6: It was cool called mil Peter's High School. Yeah, in California. There's a lot of Pacific guy in there. So it was just that was the thing. There's sometimes you like you face schools that had the same thing. So yeah, it was the better. It was like the better polynes than me or you.
Speaker 1: How's when you first got to the league, Like, what was what was it like being under Levante David over here? Him as a leader, him being a vocal guy because I here, he's a vocal guy.
Speaker 6: Now he wasn't he was when I got in. He was more like a led by example. That's how he led and uh we had Kwan. He was a vocal guy in the in the linebacker room or on our defense. So Kwan was the vocal guy and say it was the he was like the aid by exam. So it was just like when I mess up, it was just like damn, I felt like I left you down. And there was one game it was just because I was new and like I came into I won three four nose and they drafted me into a four to three defense. So it was like a way different style of play from me, and I was just like trying to learn it. It was all different and the technique that they wanted us to play. I kept getting to reach. I remember it. It was a Cincinnati game. It was what they run. They run like they ran like press open or pressing and what's it called. It was like there was zoning. I was a shade every single play and for like four plays straight, I got reached by the nose and they were running through my A gap, run through my A gap, and I was like, I was just like I didn't know what the hell was going on. I was like, what the hell is going on? We got we got to the side, we got to the.
Speaker 2: Sideline and came up to our bench. He said, if we don't know what the fun he's doing, get them funk out.
Speaker 6: And I was like, oh shoot. After that, that's all I was like, Damn, I gotta I gotta lock it in.
Speaker 2: A funny thing, just a soft spoken cat man. He's like, Damn, I gotta lock it in because some dudes get yelled like that by now fuck you, right, you dude, I gotta lock it in. So what happened after it changed ever since, got better, It changed ever since.
Speaker 6: But I think when we got these new coaches, don't get the funk out. We got these new coaches, it was more my style of play because I'm more like a two gap type of nose. I can play both, but I prefer like two gapping and just like I'd hold the double, let the linebackers run, I get this in there.
Speaker 2: Let say you run free.
Speaker 6: And I feel like that's that's where I thrive at as a as a nose tackle.
Speaker 2: I feel like, and that was in the last this has been in the last couple of years.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, But that's how I was in college and it was just like my job was to eat double teams plays going to be make the play, let the linemakers run, and then.
Speaker 1: Like because helpless because a couple of years ago you got you got put on ir right, yeah, you got injured.
Speaker 2: What was that like?
Speaker 1: Because you go from being injured then last year you obviously become you know.
Speaker 2: You get your first Pro Bowl? That was Were there times with that new staff where you were kind of like, fuck man, that.
Speaker 6: Was crazy because that was our second year with them, second year with the new regime. Yeah, and uh, I felt like he was having a good as I felt like I was having I was picking up like half the best year of my life. Yeah, and it was like the game was finally slowing down. And I remember at meetings we're playing Chicago, you were year three year three three, second second year with the yeah, yeah, or with the new fourth.
Speaker 2: Year right now? Fifth year, fifth year you signed a new deal? Yep?
Speaker 3: He did, like it was like what four year seventies something?
Speaker 2: Yep? What was it? We can look it up google it right now.
Speaker 6: If you don't want to say four years like seventy one, I want to.
Speaker 1: Say, man hoping not living in California still, Yeah, the attacked right right.
Speaker 2: You're crazy now in Florida. So you never forget you're playing Chicago and what happened, you're figuring.
Speaker 6: I felt like I was having the best year of my life. Game was slowing down. I remember, like that Chicago game, I was having probably having like the best game of my career in the NFL so far, and the game was like slowing down, like everything we watched in film, everything I studied, like I saw like one of the players was like I know. I remember was like our coach told us, like the receiver motions into a cuss foot and you're on, You're on. You'll be on the backside. And I was on the backside, lineup at a two ey and they said that guard will cut you.
Speaker 2: I seen it.
Speaker 6: I was in my stands seeing the receiver motion in that split, and I was like, all right, I'm on the backside. This guard is a boy to cut me, sure enough. Like normally, when you like when those tendencies pop up, you're like, I know it's gonna happen, but I still gotta play honest. It might not happen. There's a chance it might not happen. And I went and he took like a little bucket step and I knew he was gonna cut me. I played the cup block and ran down line, got a TfL and I was just like sitting there. I was like, that's crazy, that just just happened. I got a sack, got a couple of TFLs, and then at the end, it was like in a two minutes, like the last minute, minute and a half, they had to go down and score three Keithfield don't win the game, and it was crazy. It was like a hustle play, like they ran like a screen. I was running out running back, was like dancing behind the tackle, and I finally got to him, and me and Devon got to him at the same time. And then Devin like crashing through my ankle and it was just it wasn't Deafn's fault. It was just like one of those freak accidents.
Speaker 2: But what was the injury.
Speaker 6: I broke my ankle, tore my del toys and it was just it was crazy. But then after that it was just I was like, damn, seasons over for me. It was crazy. But when we got onto the bus right after the game we lost, it was the funniest thing ever because I was just like I thought we were going to win.
Speaker 2: But we got Brady. He's to do some the magic and they gotta be like like this. I was over there.
Speaker 6: I was like, they pulled me straight into like the X ray and it was like right into the tunnel. Put me straight into the X ray and I was like, it's probably like an angle spring something. They told me. They broke the news to me right there and they were like, oh, you broke the ankle. And I was like, damn. I was on the crutches, like you want to go to the locker room. I was over there standing in the hallway thinking. I was like in the movie or something like they probably won the game. I was like, I was. I was in my head. I was like, they probably won the game. I'm gonna go stand in the hallway then come down, gonna be like some movie ship.
Speaker 2: And I was like, they're gonna get me on the video. Look at me. You know you're his team from the tunnel. It was the funny ship.
Speaker 5: Ever.
Speaker 2: I came out and I.
Speaker 6: Was like, what happened is like they lost the locker room.
Speaker 2: I felt like.
Speaker 6: I was like I was mad that we lost. The car came up. He was like you want to you want to ride I was like, get the my face. I was mad as hell. But then when we got into the bus right after the game, after everybody shower got into the bus, Sue was like, what happened. He looked at me, like what happened? I told him like, they start broke my ankle, and he was like, he's the one who put it in my head. Put in my brain. That was like, you can make it back, but if we go to the playoffs. I was like, well, he told me when the year when he played. I was like, what the hell, Like how you know this? And he was like he started telling me. He was like, yeah, we played, I played for the Rams. That's what I keith to leave.
Speaker 2: Did.
Speaker 6: He was like, are all year and came back for the playoffs and he put on my He put it on my mind, and I was just that's what I always told it. Like everybody in the building. I showed up. I still came to meetings every day. I was like coming to meetings. I came to meetings like that next day and they're like, damn, what are you still here. I was like, yeah, I'm about to make it back. And no one believed me. They're like, nah, you're not coming back the training room. They're like, nah, you're not coming back. Then they noticed like how fast I was healing and got to a point there like everybody was on board, and it was like.
Speaker 2: It was crazy because like we knew we were going to super Bowl.
Speaker 6: It was just like it was like a thing like we're going to super Bowl and I was like my biggest We called it like this is my fight camp. You know fighters they have like a boxing camp like three months boxing camp. I was like two months out and it was like, this is your fight camp. Like I was still in the cast and I was like I had to go work out, but like I was like I would wet my cast on perfect on purpose, just so every time I go change it like twice a week, they get pissed. But my my, my thought behind it was like when they changed my cast and they take it off, I'm and move my anku around. So that's more like working on mobility and that would be hell of funny because they were like what happened was like I got to use the shower, and every time my shower, like the trash bag is not holding it, the water is not keeping the water out, and I just put to be pouring the water bottle. The doctor would like take my cast off and leave the room and get the supplies that I'll be in there like move mic or that's pretty fun.
Speaker 2: That's legendary. Yeah, that is genius getting their cast for a little bit. I think.
Speaker 1: Doped that like that was your mind that that was your mindset about it.
Speaker 6: It was and that was that was the thing. We knew the super Bowl was going to be in our stadium, and that was like it's right here, we like, it's already written, We're gonna be there.
Speaker 1: What made you guys feel so confident about it because you guys didn't even win your division that year, well, and we didn't win.
Speaker 2: The point, there's never been a wherever the state of the super Bowl was hosted. Yeah, you know, team's ever won it in their own stadium, right, But then it was just.
Speaker 6: We got we got to a point where we couldn't lose, Like our last eight games, we couldn't lose. If we lost the game, we wouldn't make the playoffs. Yeah, and we won, like we won like a straight.
Speaker 2: Right, and it was just the same speeding pretty easily.
Speaker 12: Yeah, So like we had like a playoff mentality like Round Week thirteen fourteen, like every game we must win, Like that's that's the mentality we had. So like we came back from.
Speaker 1: The Bow week, like after the Bow was like, oh ship we got because we lost to the Chief and then yeah, and then we had the Bow week and like after that it was just like you know, every game here on it were seven to five. So like we was like every game here on out, like we have to win to make the playoffs, and like.
Speaker 2: That just was our mindset. And like as it got.
Speaker 1: Closer and closer towards the end of the season, we kept telling them, like we're gonna make it for you. We're gonna make it because we knew his playing, with his playing, what his plan was to try to come back.
Speaker 6: So and it was crazy because like the first our first the wald card playoff game, Yeah, we played against the Redskins and we won that.
Speaker 2: We beat them. Now then we had.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then we had we played the Saints and like since since I've been here, we like never beat the same Yeah, and that was like they killed us twice that year and it was just like we get past them, we're gonna win. And that's how we knew we beat them, and it was like the only team like in our division we can like get over. That was the hump when we beat them, and it was like right then and there, like we're gonna win.
Speaker 2: That was like.
Speaker 1: The next week was the NFC Championship in Green Bay. I was like my first week back. First week back, you play majority.
Speaker 2: I was supposed to be on snapcount and then next thing you know, I'm in there for like the whole series. Looking I was like a super Bowl.
Speaker 6: You think, like I was working out, running and doing cardios, but like all that stuff doesn't prepare you for like your football cardio, Like nothing you could do get you in football shape.
Speaker 2: And I was just out there. Was like it was.
Speaker 6: Cold as it was freezing. It was like a little snow out there, like when that cold air hit your lungs, like bro.
Speaker 2: I can't breathe.
Speaker 6: It was like as much as I wanted to stay out there like and play the whole series, I kept selling myself out and I was like, I'm not in good enough shape because I only ran for like I was only running for like two weeks leading up to it. So I was just like I can't. Like they were making fun of me, Like the strength staff were making fun of me. It was like the first time I ran, I was like I couldn't breathe because you gotta think about in Tampa the humidity, all this, this and that and the heat. At the first time, they made me run on the field like I couldn't breathe for nothing. They kept making fun of stop smoking Newports and that was a joke. I was like, yeah, I'm about to go smoke a Newport, this and that. But that was that was crazy crazier. But then when we got to we beat Green Bay. We went to the Kansas City week and they was just two weeks. He had two weeks before Super Bowl and then like we we practiced from our practice facility. You could see the stadium, so that was like built up motivation because you could see them setting everything up. Every time you're driving in, you seeing like super Bowl stuff being built.
Speaker 2: A fire, fire, practice facility bears.
Speaker 6: And then all you see, that's all you see is two weeks leading up to and we finally got the game plan. It was just like this was like nothing, nothing we ever seen before, and it was just crazy, like nobody questioned anything. It was just like once we see in the game plan, it was just like that boosted our confidence to like the next level.
Speaker 1: What about the game plan? Your confidence so much? It's basically we knew everything they was doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: We basically if you look back to the first time we played them in the first during the regular season, right before you're buying Yeah, Yeah, when we played them, they beat us in the first quarter. Yeah, they scored like twenty one points in the first quarter and that was like the only time they scored. Yeah, and then for this whole second half they didn't score any points and we almost came back and one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The final show was twenty seven to twenty four. Yeah, and we was getting asked you like twenty one up yeaheah.
Speaker 6: Three had like three touchdowns like back to back to back, And it was just after that we corrected it. And so when we came back in Super Bowl, we knew what they were gonna do, and like the coverage.
Speaker 12: They came out with, Yeah, it was it was just like a different lot of like a lot of different looks, like they had been this formation.
Speaker 2: We would check this coverage.
Speaker 12: Then when they motioned over and stuff, we would check us another coverage like it was just they.
Speaker 2: Didn't know it was in zone. We was in man, we was in the quarter half.
Speaker 12: Like it was a whole bunch of stuff, but like everybody was comforting in it. And then like it was one of those games where like we came in and basically said, like you say, like D line, y'all got the run game. Basically like y'all take care of the run game and uh, and then we're gonna we're gonna.
Speaker 2: Win the game.
Speaker 12: And like like the Confidence Bowl had kind of like bolts had kind of like instilled the comforteness and us and like when we looked at the thing, like this type of football, that.
Speaker 6: Was our biggest thing because like our biggest thing is our run defense, Like stopping the run. That's like what our D line yeah known for, and that's like what we tried to hang our hand on, like stopping the run. And that was like the that was the thing. Was like it was like they're not gonna beat us on the ground, so we're gonna we're gonna take that away early. We're gonna make Patrick Mahons beat us. That was the biggest thing.
Speaker 2: It was just like that's a big statement to make Patrick Mahoons beat us. Yeah, like the past rush was on fire that game, bro. I mean I remember watching that game. But he had a few tackles out too, right Eric's Achilles, and.
Speaker 6: Make a lot of those wild throws which.
Speaker 2: He's low key almost made.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, those don't get me wrong. Those plays. Those throws that he was making was crazy. There's even memes like right after there's like people trying to recreate it.
Speaker 1: It was like he do yeah, yeah, the massive when guys like yourself can take out Travis kelce.
Speaker 2: It was mad. I mean it was just like compliment. But you have to watch this.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but I'm saying that that was like like you were in there, like you were being highlighted like you were when you can cover somebody like a Travis Kelcey one on one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it's big because it freaks people up to you know, take care.
Speaker 1: Of the deep end with Tyreek Hill, and I remember all the backyard plays that are happening.
Speaker 12: I remember leading up to the game, like I kind of like had a hamstring injury, like and it was kind of like holding me out of practice that first week, and like I just remember like obviously hearing the media scene you know, I once take got a hamstring injury, I think he gonna be able to you know, match up.
Speaker 2: With this guy or whatever.
Speaker 12: But like, you know, I'm like, I'm good, you know, Like it's a challenge, you know what I'm saying. It's basically like best on best. You know, I got a lot of respect for Travis. He's a great football player, obviously, But like in the Super Bowl, when you get challenged like that by your coach and your coach is believe in you, and like I'm the older guy on the team, a lot of people you know, look up to me and stuff like that, Like I gotta i gotta answer the challenge, you know what I'm saying. So whenever my number was called to guard him one on one, Man the Man or like, I'm gonna go in here and I'm gonna study everything he do and like wherever he lined up at, figure out his rocks and stuff like that, and just try to, you know, take take him out of the game as much as I can. Whenever whenever I'm lined up against him, and you know it worked out to my benefit.
Speaker 2: How many times that game will you want on one with him? Man the Man? Probably about seven eight times maybe en.
Speaker 1: Times make you sweat for sure, no doubt. I mean when your covers because he's got so much length. Sometimes it's not even about like you can be locked up on him and he's able to.
Speaker 6: Just make a play because ye's they had three and mcle harmony.
Speaker 2: He studs. Yeah, And look, you can say one thing people in football, people in the outside world, I don't understand it as much as like people in the inside the football world do. Is like there's so many one on one mashups and it's just like there's times there's a call, man, you're like, I'm chilling on this play. I know, like, yeah, I just got this area and I'm gonna be fine. But there's other times you're like, like there's times in the game we are and it's like, I know, everyone slide away from me and it's just me and this dude. Yeah, and I have zero help, zero, you know what I'm saying. Instead, in your head, you're just like, I just gotta win this one one to win this one on one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like it's like a whole different trigger clicking in your mind.
Speaker 2: It's like this is my policy.
Speaker 13: There's no one there, like everyone's watching this mess right That's literally how I feel like if it's man and man I got this guy, like damn everybody watching us because they might think this the mismatch right here, so I gotta know my best at it.
Speaker 2: Just do you think about how do you ever think about how it slept on you are throughout your career? I do, I do. I mean, but it don't bother me or nothing like that?
Speaker 1: Is that you're saying, like it don't bother me on nothing, because you know, like around lead, you know, I hear people.
Speaker 12: You know, they give some people giving my respect. It's just the big media stuff don't give me my respect. But like my peers, that's all I care about. Just my peers.
Speaker 2: Know when I go out there and.
Speaker 12: I you know, you know, put my hearts out there, and then my teammates and stuff like that. You know, they could try count on me, they know, could trust me and stuff like that. But you know, at the end of the day, I still I'm always gonna feel like I'm still a top five linebacker league even a year eleven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, uh, it definitely helps too, Like when TB twelve comes to town, Yeah, you got somebody else being vocal and you guys are winning games because that was probably the part is like being in a certain market. Yeah, but the last couple of years, like it's been nice seeing from from friend to friend, like you know, I see you always shouting me out. Yeah, always yeah, always, Yeah, appreciate it, bro.
Speaker 2: With everything changing like a bulls taking over and stuff like that. Did you guys do to join the practice last year? No? I think just us. What is with what is with us doing this every year?
Speaker 12: Y'all get some good work, bro, it's some good works like to you know, I mean like like wet good work. Yeah, we like going to get out of the work, That's what I'm saying. Like it's two physical teams. He's got the Miami's stuff.
Speaker 2: Y'all get some good work and whatever. He was even worse in college. You can't really like what you.
Speaker 12: Say, like two physical teams basically like physical for sure. Like with the mindset, like it's basically a mindset like best man winning types.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: Like you like that, you know what I'm saying, Like best the best, let's go see who gonna win. Stuff like that, And like the past coup years it has been, you know, great work, even though this.
Speaker 2: Year went better than last year.
Speaker 1: You know how last year when ye brawls every day, every period, every day. Yeah, but it's all so like that heat makes everybody like way more matt Like we were.
Speaker 2: Busted by weather this week. Yeah yeah, yeah, Usually, like Junior July was in the hundreds and then all of a sudden it was like mid eighties. This week. It was a nice deal. We was coming up.
Speaker 12: One of the staff was like, it's gonna be sixty five at night, one of these nice or something like that.
Speaker 2: I'm like, damn, yeah, it's it's a crazy it's a crazy change, for sure. Do you guys, how do you guys think you did this week?
Speaker 12: I think it was the first day I ain't gonna lie be on kick as the first day for real, And then the next day respect yeah, and then the next day we kind of like got back to where we was, got back to our norm and kind of executed better.
Speaker 2: So who won on day two? It was good? There was good, It was it was. It was great work on day two.
Speaker 6: We were definitely better. On the second it was we was better. That's a thing is the same thing happened last year. Yeah, yeah, actually eating they beat us on the first day. Yeah, and we showed up on the second day.
Speaker 2: Like the first the first period of practice whatever. And also like you guys showed up few minutes before practice starting, like we legit when this their buses were late, so the all low key came in and weren't even like warmed up. So the first team period legit, like I think it was bombs over. Back then we were we were ripping the ball deep and like had big holes and it was it was solid. And then the next but we knew the minute that practice ended, where like they're coming out tomorrow, and so the first team period of the next day it's like PBu probably a sack, like just run stuff and it's like, oh fuck, like it is good work. And it's good too, because I don't know if it's because the second year, but it felt like tensions weren't that high this year. It didn't feel like it was almost like you guys were familiar. Yeah, but when I saw y'all, like I remember seeing you in Tampa and I wasn't really practicing because I was coming off to a cl I saw you in the weight room and I said I'm like, what's up, oos, and you like just looked at me and walked past me. I'm like, oh, they're about to be like that today it's atty wild. And then this year I was kind of talking a couple of days yesterday, I'm like talking to you like a smile on your face. It just seems like there's more of a familiarity that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, because like I said, man, like I feel like both teams kind of like got that mindset like that you're gonna be the physical, tough team today type mindset. And when you got two teams going like that, all it does is make each other better. So that's why I like, you know, kind of like joint pressing issue guys. Yeah, it's solid and went against fucking Derek Hearing in the past Rush ship.
Speaker 1: So yeah, they had you out. They had you out on fucking social media yesterday. I saw that, you know, I saw that what happened, you know, I saw it Buck. It's actually Buck rising, but Buck had like Levonte David against Derrick Henry and pass Rush Blitz period or whatever. Everybody was tagging me like, oh, Will's conflicted. Yeah, it doesn't know what to say. He got me yesterday, but I got him. Yeah, he got me yesterday, but I got him wednesday.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So that kind of like was But it's all about what you can put out there on social media. Yeah yeah, yeah, I feel a film that I had sent it to me. I'll take you. I don't do the rest. No, I'm not gonna do that, you know, I don't care about that. Yeah, but y'all are so fast? You and depth?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so fast? Would you say y'all are the y'are the best? Saying them you're the best in the league.
Speaker 12: Show best him like we can we can do I feel like we can. We can the only group can proably can do it all. We can do it all. You can miss the quarterback run, run, stop and cover receiving the backside of the backfield. Who you think is behind y'all? Well, I think is behind us. I like those guys in Sant France, those dudes, all three of them. Z's obviously Fred and then what's fifty seven and I forgot his name Greenlaw. Those dudes beast. I remember like last year we was watching like we was watching them playing. We like looking at the way they played, like looking at the linebackers playing like like these dudes flying to the football and they physically they're aggressive.
Speaker 1: Fifty seven is like a dog, like yeah, I can tell by the way you watch them film too, exactly exactly like like that crazy like like a screw loose.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, and I know I know a the's already. When's when these was coming out.
Speaker 12: He went to f a U and I was down there training and I used to train to XP and Boca and f au was and Bocha and then I kind of like met him. He was fresh off a c L and I like, you know, the trainer was like, you know, just work with you know, just kind of like piggyback off him and stuff like that. And that's when how I got to know him. Great, he's from Tampa, so he already knew me.
Speaker 1: So I was a great kid, and he's he was a free agent and then playing football for Satin frand.
Speaker 2: And obviously Fred Warner is a dog. Yeah. Just the defense is unreal. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Front seven is good.
Speaker 12: I just like the way they play like they relentless, you know, I like that relentless attitude as a defense.
Speaker 3: Don't sleep on the boys in Tennessee.
Speaker 1: Now, Oh we gotta cunning here.
Speaker 2: Obviously, we're just even smaller. Like did you see y'all? Yeah, yeah, I've never seen that.
Speaker 12: I never seen nothing like that either, but he's yeah I seen something like that is when cam Chan took mikey buddy.
Speaker 2: Oh oh you remember that?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah. When I saw that play, I was like, oh.
Speaker 1: My god, about listening you're talking about when uh, I don't want to blast the boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he's boy and you're stating on the boys too. Didn't put it on Twitter, but the Bucks wanted to put me on.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying, We'll figure that out, like, hey, Nate, I don't know who runs the social for but I'm just speaking and the Nate band, who's part of the team.
Speaker 2: It's like, hey, find me some stuff now. Yeah, let me let me be the vessel, let me be that. Yeah, I'll be that guy. When I saw that player, I was like, that was a physical player. That was it was just weirdly physical too, Like.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it was like that was a classic like what do you call it? Damn from your lead with your shoulder in.
Speaker 1: Your same foot shoulder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, had a brain get it. I wouldn't.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't sit there yea to navigate that for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, him and dude Zach too, z that can Zach's super fast and twitchy, Like did he lais elais dudes out? Yeah, dudes when he was in Houston. I mean even last year at the Titans, he just I think he's got like a vendetta against off into line and he literally fed him up. It's wild, wilds away, he takes them out.
Speaker 1: I think that's most lambackers have that been dead against. I don't understand it. You just thinking to yourself. So we were talking on the phone the other day, like knowing like if I had to see Taylor in certain situations like based on game plan, like you literally think to yourself, I have to fucking try and get him before he gets me, because for the most part, they're not for the most part, like that whole game play, like all the part, like they're way bigger than you. Yeah, Like you have to fucking like think, I gotta take this motherfucker before they look at me.
Speaker 12: You know who coast to my own when I think about stuff like that, Yoshi going against Yoshi, you.
Speaker 2: Know way fifty one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he went to force Scott with the can't in Nebraska together.
Speaker 12: Like he's one of those guys like you gotta get him before he gets you because if he goes, if he gets you, he gonna try to embarrass you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like he was very extra, like somebody are like, all right, bro, we're fucking he plays over with like lay on you and be like just really extra, hold you a lot, do whatever he can to like pancake.
Speaker 2: Do whatever he can. Love that.
Speaker 12: I always tell him, like, you will never get me, like he would try to grab you, be twisting the tournament.
Speaker 2: Yeah gets you. He's gonna lay on you just like that flop basically right way after the whistles over to like really try to just everybody hates Jensen. Everyone I hate Jensen. I know I've really never really talked to him, but I messed with him.
Speaker 1: He's one of those dudes you like when he's on your team and he's on your side, but like a guess pass.
Speaker 2: I was like, b get the fuck. And then as a person he's a great dude too. Yeah. Yeah, real cool, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Megan, Oh no, really, final report on it. That's the crazy part about it. So we don't really know what's in the season. I don't gotta piss everybody off. Somebody like that gets hurt like early in camp. Yeah, yeah, probably scuffle around the and it's like, what the it was just it was just like an unfortunate situation though, like it wasn't meant, it wasn't person We was just in a in a team drill competitor drilling. Yeah, but you know, just obviously a leader of the line. He's gonna be definitely missed if he missed some games. So but uh, he's in good spirits though. That's the that's the best thing about us. So, yes, he seems like a dude. Yeah, should we do it to your talk? I think it's for your talk? What's your talk this week? You guys probably heard some of the pod right like you do? You did you listen to this when Lenny was on the bus?
Speaker 2: Listen it was breast high scoring pac Man over there pay he played Yaga. I didn't. I was playing game. That's the game. I lost like three minutes.
Speaker 1: What did did we did we come to what we wanted to do for the tear Talk. We interrupt this episode to bring you Duke Cannon. Shout out the boys of Duke Cannon, No free shoutouts. Boys, Listen, they're dry ice, is there one of their front runner right? You want to you want to stay cool. I'm sweating under this thing, but I know where I'm not sweating, and that's my pits. Because of dry ice, it cools you throughout the entire day. However, my favorite product to date is the coal Miner's Face wash coal Mining coal Miner. It's one of those. It's minor, right, that's my favorite thing to use. I've washed my face three times a day now. My wife is actually here and she can tell you that she absolutely loves a scinth.
Speaker 2: Go intell.
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 2: That's great man, big as brick of soap. That's also a hitter.
Speaker 1: Traveling to Nebraska, I brought the entire carry on with the little scrunchy thing that you put me on, saying, hey, you can use that as.
Speaker 2: A loofah, but it's all there.
Speaker 1: Check out Duke Canon at any target or on Duke Cannon dot com and use code busting for fifteen percent off. That's Duke Cannon dot com. Use code busting for fifteen percent off your first order.
Speaker 2: Back to the episode, Let's do best Jerseys Best NFL uniforms. I'm done with that, all right? You want to go first? Or do you want the boys to go first and give you guys some time? Yeah, I'll go first.
Speaker 3: Man, this tough.
Speaker 1: Get Yeah, throw up the thirty two teams please, just NFL best NFL jerseys.
Speaker 2: So does that have to be like right now like President President Day or President Day? Okay, you can because you so you would go.
Speaker 1: You gotta like actually, like, since we're throwing this off the cuff, I feel like it's easier just to do present because if it's like you're throwing retro, like I feel like I.
Speaker 2: Got it, We'll do two categories at a later day. We'll do just present right now. That make you feel better? Yeah, man, thank you, I got you. I appreciate that. Look at food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna take my time first. Like we got sweating a little bit, but I just want to.
Speaker 2: Little rattle, slightly rattled. You got your.
Speaker 3: If we could just throw up the logos of the team.
Speaker 2: I think I got my number one.
Speaker 14: Mhm, okay, hard because I played, I'm telling you, I saw it. I was like, damn, it's kind of hard as.
Speaker 6: What I played A lot of Madden, and then you know how you can change the uniform and you mix the match like what you think is the best.
Speaker 2: You play a lot of mad Man. I can't get into it New Madden cos I didn't get that. I don't have the New Madden yet. Oh you should have nfl P should have sent to you. Yeah, I got off the other day, good buddy, So go ahead. Hey, this is tough. I think I got one and I have two. I have two. I just gotta find number three.
Speaker 6: I think if they wouldn't let us have the creamson cleos this year are throw back, you would probably would have you guys.
Speaker 1: Just throw back orange. Oh bro yes, incredible. What a lot of retros are tough? Like the Oilers hard Boilers go hard.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm having a I'm having a hard time here, So let me ask a question. If I wanted to go with Like if I just said, like the Browns and I'm not going to Browns, but I'm saying, like if it was like they're all brown jerseys, like that is a tear to me. Is it okay to say, yeah, okay, then I have my I have my whole list. You want me to go first? Yeah, you go ahead and go first. I know it's tough, man, I know, and I hate going first too because you guys are gonna say couple. I'm like, damn, I should have picked that, no doubt. My Tier three is it's gonna be an alternate jersey for the Arizona Cardinals. I think they're all blacks. I think those things go fucking hard, dude, and you see out there that I think it looks really good. Yeah, I think, uh usually, like even in high school, like if a team has their main color being black, it's usually a good look, you know what I'm saying. So I'm gonna go with my tier three being the Arizona Cardinals black jerseys. My tier two, I'm not sure why. I love the combination with the red tops and the gold bottoms. I think the forty nine ers uniforms are just classic and fire, and I think a lot of people lose the the beauty in a uniform by doing too much, you know what I'm saying. Shawks an well, no, I think I think the Seahawks are like right on that cuss. But even some like newer college stuff, like you go, you look at Penn State like they're as basically as can be. But they look fire. You know, Michigan Mason Blue, they look fire. I thinks my Tier one are sweating is one of our best fan base, and it's gonna be the Las Vegas Raiders. That's silver and black. Dude. I think is the hardest combo in the NFL. And obviously I'm excluding Titans. That's my chairs.
Speaker 3: If Titans were in there, though, do you have your jerseys in there?
Speaker 2: Like I like, it's not like I don't think if somebody heard that they weren't in your top three, then it would be the Oilers would be if we went all I think Oilers, Oilers would be Tier one.
Speaker 3: But like, I just don't.
Speaker 1: To me, my favorite of the Titans is the All Navies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think all Navies are sick. We're wearing tomorrow All Navy just swag out right, wag out, go ahead, Wally.
Speaker 1: So throwing in an alternate you rattled my brain, especially when you said Madden my Tier three and hey we are we see eyed eye on the majority of this. We've had these conversations before I knew what happened, Like, yeah, but my Tier three isn't gonna be what was your Twerdinals, the Cardinals. I love the Cowboys alternate where they have the star on the shoulder pads, great shoulders.
Speaker 2: I think those are fire.
Speaker 1: With the white helmet the Navy star, I think those are electric. My Tier two, I one thousand percent agree with Taylor. I love the forty nine Ers. I love the red and gold Classic. I love how the the gold just pops on the Niners helmet. And my Tier one, like you said all the right things or something about the silver and black and dude wearing it, you just feel you feel invincible.
Speaker 2: Really, you feel fucking dope, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like even if you're carrying a little extra on the bottom tire and you're wearing that black, like you just feel sick.
Speaker 2: And the black shooter, you.
Speaker 1: Got the matter of fact, these are like these are like the clase that they have.
Speaker 2: You get to rock the Jordan's, do you really? Yeah, bro, the Jordans, Yeah, the ones. Yeah, it's just oh, it's got to exclude Yeah, we'll hang on.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: I'm not in the league. I'm not in the league. But it's for the most recent team, but I'm not in the league. Hey, the old Redskins jerseys are fire too, question, they are.
Speaker 1: But what I didn't like about the redskins is like the the bottoms. Now they're different, like but we had to wear like the yellow bombs. I just wasn't a fan of those.
Speaker 2: You know, it was fire, but now it's garbage. The falcons, yeah, because they're they're alternate on mat and I think it's fire. Yeah, the red in the red helmet, the all blacks, Yes, Atlanta used to be and they did that fucking wash where it washes from black to red or red to black. That's garbage.
Speaker 1: And I think your guys are ship's cool too, but I like it doesn't the the family member vibe there is the Niners.
Speaker 2: I don't think you guys touched the night no.
Speaker 1: First So my Tier three, I'm gonna go with the Dolphins. That's a great, Yeah, just want the home jersey. Just it's just something about the white face man with the visor and the till you know white like.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's sweet, and then they throw bats. You can mix in a little black with it with the swag, so that's kind of like kind of like my dope good first pack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that white face mass parts. I always thought Texas was dope because they had the white face. White face man is up there for best college uniforms. Yeah, Texas is up there. My tier two, I'm gonna go with the Raiders.
Speaker 12: The Raiders is my tier two to just the classic black and silver just goes anything goes with it, like like yeah, and then.
Speaker 2: My tier one.
Speaker 12: You know, basically everybody got in the San Francisco for like they all black alternate when it came out that way.
Speaker 2: And think about that.
Speaker 5: Dude's gonna make.
Speaker 2: Your pick unique.
Speaker 1: It is like it's the all black we put up, like it won't just be the Niners logo to pick the all.
Speaker 2: Black, so dope, you should be excited. Yeah, ye.
Speaker 6: Hard, it's kind of hard. I think my white Tier three would have to be the Steelers.
Speaker 2: I think that's a good pick, a good pick. I think that classic black an I know.
Speaker 5: It is good.
Speaker 2: Like a lot of time there's arguments, hey.
Speaker 6: That's garbage, classic black and yellow. I think it is nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good point. Yeah, the logo on one side.
Speaker 6: I wasn't say Niners, but since you all said that, y'all said it, I'm gonna change it. I was gonna say Niners. I grew up a ninetie fan. Uh when I raised in California, kna happened. But you can choose him, brother, if you want, we can have them.
Speaker 2: Here's what you can do.
Speaker 3: You can throw an out sneak and honorable mention in there, honorable.
Speaker 2: Honorable mention Niners.
Speaker 6: And then I'll go with the the Panthers all black uniform.
Speaker 2: Okay. It was only only because when I found out, like the history behind them. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, we had my rookiear O d Line coach you for the Panthers, and he said, when they when you play at their house and they were all black, that means they're trying to disrespect you.
Speaker 2: Oh really, Oh I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: That's no.
Speaker 2: I was percent fired up on that pick. And then by saying that that fired me up.
Speaker 6: It was because of the history behind it. And then I think my tier one. I can't I couldn't pick between Green Bay and the Seahawks, but I had to go with the Seahawks. They're like lime ring. Yeah color.
Speaker 2: I think I think I say.
Speaker 6: That because I always use the Seahawks and Madden and I always use that color Russ Uh, that that colorway.
Speaker 2: I think that's the reason why.
Speaker 1: I feel like Green Bay kind of got shunned out of your taking that towards the end, the way you're bouncing them as your tier one, it's like one kid's just been Tier two and they just moved down the ladder.
Speaker 2: But I get it.
Speaker 1: Everybody get on their mission. You want to you want to throw an honorable mention, go ahead, something about that. I think the All Black Saints is dope too.
Speaker 2: Dude, I was gonna want to change mine.
Speaker 1: I think an honorable mention throw them in there from my honorable Yeah, you want to put them in there.
Speaker 2: I'd like to, but I've already and we can't. I've already put mine. I did like that. I do like that Saints. Uh, Florida is dope.
Speaker 6: I didn't want to say it because I didn't want to turn on me, because like there's like our rivalry, like I'm saying nothing. You don't see them as a rival, Like I feel like our real rival is the Saints. But I didn't want to turn on me. And they were like, hey, we're about to play the Saints. You over to focused on their jerseys.
Speaker 2: So that is tough when you're playing ball and you gotta worry about me? Yeah, what's your naval mentioned? I was gonna go with the Jets? Really? Yeah, okay, you want to you want to defend that? What do you mean by that? Yeah? Like the old not not the new ones, but the older ones.
Speaker 12: It's just like you know me, I'm simple retro, Yeah, the retro ones whatever, but.
Speaker 2: The simple green and white, all white and the green on green like it just I don't know it just it's just possible me, right?
Speaker 1: Is that the jerseys they were wearing when you cheap sided you know, Geno Smith out of bounds and lost the.
Speaker 2: Game, they actually were all white. Real you lost that game. I ain't lose that game.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna lie the Bengals. The Bengals new uniforms.
Speaker 2: I don't know. The orange doesn't do it for me. Bad decision. No, we'll call by the rep.
Speaker 3: No, bro, he was out of bounce.
Speaker 2: They changed the rule and next, what are the three worlds you had to do? He was going out of bounds.
Speaker 1: All you had to do is just touch him to go out of bounce. They get a personal foul penalty, they get in field goal range. They kicked the field goal to win the game. That's one of the Buggies first years. I remember thinking what the fuck? The next year they changed the rule, But all I'm saying was you didn't have to do what you did, and we don't bounce fight, right, You're right, you're right.
Speaker 2: The three worst are kind of like they kind of it's kind of yeah, yeah, I feel you on That kind of makes the Jersey.
Speaker 1: Ravens a sleeper too, though, Yeah right, Black Ravens.
Speaker 2: Are we talking about the worst? You talking about the worst child? Giants? Yeah, like two thousand and seven, you know what I'm saying, when they were in the zer Bowl and stuff. Yeah, and that's Giants. You know, I was sweet. Giants is kind of weak. The three worst ones are Listen, don't like but Houston Jacksonville.
Speaker 6: I think the new rounded up No, I think the new Rams uniform. I don't really like it. You don't like them?
Speaker 2: The gray like the gray white day. The off white they have is cool. The Chargers don't like their uniform. I don't like them either. The powder blue. Yeah, I don't like the Bucks uniform. Hey write that up, put that in the age. Just says I don't like the Bugs. Man, I don't know he did it roback? Do you want to introduce the question? Yeah, okay, this is the last question. It's by Roback. This is the second time we're doing it. So basically, you need to use code Boys. I'm a horrible reader, so you guys need to hold up a great brother.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: Use code boys on roadback dot com for twenty percent off your first purchase. That's our h O B A c K dot com. Code Boys. They work with the best college athletes, from Will Anderson to the Boy Michael Mayer and b Jean Robinson. Now the best performance Polos shorts?
Speaker 4: Was that?
Speaker 2: Say? Q zips and O zips, zips and hoodies? Go ahead, Will, last question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's all we wear this shit all the time.
Speaker 1: We're gonna give you guys a free hoodie and we're gonna pack you guys from road Back.
Speaker 2: Pretty exciting stuff.
Speaker 1: I think my question is for you, and it's, uh, how much longer do we get to see Levante David play? And what else do you have to accomplish outside of fucking obviously what everybody says and let's win a super Bowl for the team.
Speaker 2: How much you're gonna see? For me?
Speaker 12: Honestly, I'm actually kind of going like year to year right now. You know, this is this is my last year in my country right now, and I'm feeling good and feeling great and healthy.
Speaker 2: I'm happy. But you know, right now, just year to year and or much more I got to accomplished.
Speaker 12: Still feel like I got some more stuff to accomplish, you know what I'm saying. I'm just trying to solidify myself as one of the best linebackers that played the game, trying to obviously, I want to make the Hall of Fame, so I'm trying to like, you know, padding those numbers a little bit of like you know, like what gold of mine was obviously, you know, reached the forty twenty club with the forty SATs twenty interceptions thing.
Speaker 2: But I don't know how much longer I got to play to do that.
Speaker 12: Where you're at right now, I'm at twenty six and twelve, So got a little bit of work.
Speaker 2: I got a little bit of work, so you never know, but you know, it just goes.
Speaker 12: It's just just how my body, how far my body takes me, and then how my mental is.
Speaker 2: You know, I offer him family.
Speaker 1: Man, now, So congratulations on being so uh don't go from there.
Speaker 2: That was an outstandingly buttoned up dancer. That was good when he when he gets in the yeah he's got he's got to do.
Speaker 1: When we were in Nebraska, he literally said, like, you're talking about the NFL and stuff, and I was like, how long you want to play?
Speaker 2: He's like, oh, I probably want to get like ten years.
Speaker 1: I'm just thinking like the fact that you can just talk like that and say that. But here we are, You're on your eleven, you know what I mean. You're in college. You're like, I want to get ten years in the league. I probably play ten and then see where I'm at. So, yeah, you got the juice for real.
Speaker 2: But when I actually got here, I ain't think I was gonna make ten. You happen to have one. No, I'm good. I'm sad.
Speaker 1: Boys, I appreciate it. It's been a fucking awesome time. It started off. I felt like we were kind of feeling it out.
Speaker 2: You're like the stereotypical like big guy who's like soft spoken.
Speaker 3: It doesn't say a whole lot, but we got into your stories and now.
Speaker 2: You yeah, killed it. You had ten minutes of just running out. This is like a child see at the edge of my seat and enjoying myself. Yes, bro, but thank y'all. Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ride the bus with the boys. You're watching right now.
Speaker 1: Subscribe, follow us on Apple, Spotify all the ship. We'll obviously be pulling for the Boys in Tampa when we're not rooting for the boy in Tennessee
Speaker 2: Totally different division we don't play this year, so we'll be runing for us all time.