Speaker 1: All right, Scott you ready.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm ready to love and love.
Speaker 1: And love. It was indulgent in a beautiful way. Here it is China's first corgy police dog loses bonus over workplace misconduct.
Speaker 2: Oh come on, well, dog gone. Let's get into a brand new episode of the beautiful, wonderful and fantastic Bananas Podcast.
Speaker 3: Do world, would you be my jillion pieces.
Speaker 1: Guys, gus, non binary pals, Welcome to this episode of Bananas. I am Kurt brown Oler.
Speaker 2: That's Kurt Brown Oler. He's in a hotel room. I think somewhere I've been in a boy number two Scotti Landis. Thank you for listening to the silliest little podcast ever. Was that's all we do. We keep it silly twenty four to seven, three sixty. We take five days off and get really really serious about stuff. It is.
Speaker 1: It's you know, it's the first time I've been in Austin where I'm not drinking and it is yeah and so, and you know, it's a totally different city. First off, very sad at eight am, very trash strewn at eight am. I see, but but no, it's like a delight to be in a hotel room on tour and not feel slightly hungover.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but my Yeah, my.
Speaker 1: Hotel is directly across the street from Cheer Up Charlie's, and Cheer Up Charlie's just goes all night long. It's just I had so the hotel provides me with a sound machine. Holiday and Express people, I'm a new big fan. Yeah, big Holiday and Express provides you with a sound machine. I had my own sound machine, double sound machines, and turned up both as lap.
Speaker 2: As they could go.
Speaker 1: And I could still hear. I'm literally it's it's I could spit and hit Cheer Up Chartley's.
Speaker 2: Are you doing a show or a movie? What are you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm opening for Kumal He's well, yeah, record his new Hour in March, and so I've been on the road with him for the past like year or so. And yeah, it's it's a delight. It's so, I mean, like for me, it's a delight. I go, I just do twenty minutes of my absolutely best material that's not necessarily all new stuff. They don't have any idea.
Speaker 2: They don't care at all. Yeah, and then happy to see somebody. And then they see Kmale and they know that guy from Silicon Valley and they're like, we love that guy.
Speaker 1: We love that guy. Yeah and so yeah, and then we go out and have nice dinners.
Speaker 2: That's so fun it's funny. I Cheerup charlie Is. I know that place. But yeah. The best part about places like Cheerup Charlie's that play that utz music super late is they also serve food. And there's just something so funny about being trash and at a place that is so loud that you can feel your heart get knocked out a rhythm by the rhythm, and then eat a burger like that, to me is the funniest thing to be. Like, that's all I go down the street to a quiet place and eat. You got to keep the party going.
Speaker 1: It is so funny. Also, that was the thing like, so I was like, hmm, I was like, these sound machines aren't working. So then I had two pit like I was laying on my side, two pillows on the other side of my head, and so then there's no way sound is getting into my ears. But then I could feel the thump thump. Okay, you come from across the street.
Speaker 2: You really can. Well again, I'm proud of you for not folding and drinking because you could have drunk yourself into passing out. So you're staying strong, you're staying dry. I'm into it. I made some business cards here. I made a business card for when we tore it says I met Banana Boy number two. It was medium. If you want one of these, I made five hundred of them, And so wal Kurt and I do some live shows coming up. We have Our first show is in Phoenix on March twenty ninth at Stand Up Live at three pm. You can be home for appetizers, you can be home before dinner. So come on out and if you want a business card, I'll give you one.
Speaker 1: Oh that's great. Will you just give them to everybody.
Speaker 2: Whoever wants won I don't care if they meet I mean you have to meet them. But other than that, yeah, I'm just gonna hand up my business card, says I met Banana Boy number two. It was medium.
Speaker 1: Oh that's great. I love that idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I have to say I saw a movie like Friends and Family screening on the Sony lot last night. It is a horror movie called heart Eyes, and I know a lot of murder. Bananas are big time scary movie fans out there. This movie is so good. It is It is the most heart eyes like h e ert yes, okay, and it is a slasher, and it is maybe the best combination of actually scary, satisfying horror movie, lots of gore, lots of great deaths, like really original great deaths. Also maybe the funniest horror movies since Cabin in the Woods. It is shout out to the director Josh Rubin, who's one of the nicest guys in comedy who also just directs the hell out of horror movies. So shout out to Josh. And if you are a horror movie fan, go see Hard Eyes. I was. I left. I was like, this is where it's gone. This is the type of movie that people are going to start to love.
Speaker 1: Oh that's amazing. I am that, you know what I'd like Speaking of incredibly violent movies. I was just watching on TV on BBC America because I love watching cable when I'm in a hotel room.
Speaker 2: Me too, me too, And I love.
Speaker 1: Watching these commercials. Almost every commercial on BBC America is trying to steal money from elderly people.
Speaker 2: That is correct.
Speaker 1: Every single commercial is trying to manipulate scared elderly people who live alone into sending them money.
Speaker 2: It is so crazy, it's deplorable, and it made me hate Tom Selleck. And I used to love Magnum p I. I used to love Tom Selleck. Now he does reverse mortgages just to steal money from old folks, and he does it like so easy, breezy.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, Oh, it's not a big deal that I'm robbing you, that I'm robbing elderly people, as.
Speaker 2: We're just taking your You're gonna be dead in ten years. Take some money, go on that cruise. Yeah, I used to love Magnum p I. Short shorts, mustache, Hawaiian shirt. Friend flies a helicopter, Black.
Speaker 1: Buddy, friend flies a helicopter, lands it in your yard. God damn it. Everything about to speak speaking of ruining, I haven't even gotten to my main point. Even speaking of ruining. Iconic iconic memories from yesteryear. Okay, have you seen Odam? I am beyond, I am beyond disgusted? Oh, Billy Crystal okay and Meg Ryan, Yeah, redid the scene from when Harry met Sally at Katsa's Deli for a Hellman's mayonnaise commercial. They reshot the whole thing and it's just to self. She's eating her sandwich and then she doesn't like it so that she puts Hellman's man on it. And then she comes and it's like, what, who in this scenario needs the money so badly that they would destroy one of the most iconic moments from cinema history. What is wrong with these people? What is wrong with them?
Speaker 2: As soon as you start saying it, my mind was trying to calculate what they got offered, how much they got paid for that.
Speaker 1: Tell me what's worth it? Tell me what's worth it to ruin your legacy with a Hellman's Mayonnaise commercial.
Speaker 2: Also, isn't it weird that west of the Mississippi they called Best Foods?
Speaker 1: It's really funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like what what?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: Best Foods sounds like a generic brand that you would get Tom Kirkland.
Speaker 1: It looks like trash, it looks like the like back in the eighties used to have cereal boxes that were all white with just black letter creal. That's what Best Foods looks like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Dharma Initiative, Yeah, it's uh so, I in my head, they had to have offered them three million dollars each. Do you think Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal need three million or do you think they go, let's get the team back together, Let's let's see the matt let's get back out. One of them must have a movie coming out this year. I know Meg Ryan's slowly been working her way back into hollyweird. Billy Crystal I always assumed was gonna look like Bilbo Baggins in the second Lord of the Rings where he's very old and he just wants to touch the ring one more time. But but I say that with City Slickers, legendary movie Harry Mazelli. Great movie.
Speaker 1: Uh Like, maybe look, maybe Meg Ryan needs the money. Maybe Megmyan has blown through. I mean, but she can just act for forever. She's Meg Ryan, Billy christ for forever. He's Billy Crystal.
Speaker 2: Also, it's a Katsas Deli, so mayo doesn't really make sense, Like if it was Golden's mustard, if it was a spicy mustard, and then her climax was sort of pepped up.
Speaker 1: I don't even think you're allowed to have mayonnaise at Kats's Delhi.
Speaker 2: I've never seen it. If you order Turkey at Kat's is DELI. You should be thrown onto Houston Street and backed over by a New York City garbage truck. But yeah, I know what you mean. It's then again, I guess I'll turn it on its head.
Speaker 1: Because I go, all right, I want to hear it.
Speaker 2: These are Billy Crystler's older. I don't know how old meke Ryn is. Let's assume she's sixty. Billy Crystal's probably seventy plus seventy five. Maybe, Who gives a fuck. At this point, we have sold out to capitalism so hard. If that three million dollars goes in his great great grandkids college fund, so be it smears some mustard climax. Who says I'll have what she's having though, because it's Rob Reiner's mom in the movie. But there's no way that Leley would have to be one hundred and forty years old. I'll love what she's having, puff that.
Speaker 1: It's very it's that very young actress with the big.
Speaker 2: Eyes, Ella Purnell. No, I love her. We should get her own bananas from Fallout. I can't remember Johnny Pemberton a young actress with big eyes. That's okay, Chloe Fyneman.
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't got big eyes. She says it, and it's just like, why why is there? I mean, like they just I don't like, why is that person saying it? It doesn't make any sense, it doesn't seem to It's like, are they all in a movie together? I don't know.
Speaker 2: They should have had the ghost of Rob Ryder's mom in hologram form, just sitting there, maybe on the lap of a child that's really their cats. I all have what she's having anyway.
Speaker 1: Okay, So anyway the reason I break all of that bring it back around. You're mentioning hard eyes, mentioning that it's a slasher people dying in interesting ways. I was just watching Starship Troopers, which great movie. I forgot how much how much violence there is, how many ways people's bodies get ripped apart. It's more than like your normal slasher horror movie. And it's just like a sci fi movie. Also a confusing book, and the book is all about fascism and the.
Speaker 2: Movie is too. The movie is too. Paul ver van Hoven he that movie is a not top ten for me, but that's a top twenty five movie for me.
Speaker 1: It's incredibly watchable. I couldn't stop. I was like, oh, I forgot how much I want to con and also how interesting the book is, like all the relationships, but how they go through the movie with the different relationships and how you're rooting for everybody. It's smart. It's very well made movie.
Speaker 2: It's a great movie. Uh. Casper van Dion the lead, the one like one of those guys that when you saw me, you're like, that's just the handsomest guy I've ever seen. Rico, Neil Patrick Harrison, the awkward phase between doogie howser and now his smashing hit success, How I Met Your Mother, nine hundred other things. Michael Ironsides is the boss. That guy's like a legend of eighties movies.
Speaker 1: It is funny to see Neil Patrick Harris dressed so like a Nazi, like he is very much just like wearing the SS uniform as like the lead scientists.
Speaker 2: And then they have that group shower scene that they probably didn't show him BBC America, and I remember seeing that in theaters and just being like, what the heck, it's just dude butts, women butts, some bubs and you're just like the future is right. I hope, Johnny Rico knocks up Dizzy and Captain Carmen Ebanez. I remember that movie's so good. Oh, and Jake Busey, he's in. He plays the fiddle right, he's got like electron. Oh, I'm watching that movie tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I remember. I remember a party at your house where there used to be a function on a DVD player where for some reason you could just repeat the three seconds you were right, and you said it to repeat right when they smack his butt.
Speaker 2: I remember that.
Speaker 1: You remember that the party was just just this butt mail butt in a shower getting smacked over and over like five thousand times.
Speaker 2: This is one of my top three career accomplishments that you remembered that. Yeah, I remember anything.
Speaker 1: Yes, Now that I'm not drinking, I'm really looking forward to remembering life again.
Speaker 2: Yes. I would always do that when I would throw a big party, I would put DVD repeat on three things, and it would always be something slightly perverse, And one of them was, Yeah, Casper Van Dan walking out of the shower room and Starship Troopers and somebody slaps its ass. Dude. Also, great butt on.
Speaker 1: That guy, Yeah, grape butt on that guy. It's a tight It's a tight dookie.
Speaker 2: Go see Hard Eyes. It was seriously I laughed. There's high, high level comedy happening throughout that movie, like Scream, one of the greatest hard movies all time.
Speaker 1: Funny, Oh, that's funny.
Speaker 2: That funny, just high end, like really great material. And yeah, it's just go out there watching theaters. Scary movies are like roller coasters that are better with groups of people.
Speaker 1: Here, does are ready for this? Scotti?
Speaker 2: Hit me up. I can't wait to hear it.
Speaker 1: China's first Corgi police dog loses bonus over workplace miss conduct. This is from eurown News. Scotti, there we go.
Speaker 2: I love euro News. I'm obsessed.
Speaker 1: It's by Ohman Al Yahai, oh ya Yai. China's first ever police dog, Fuzi, has become an internet sensation for both his achievements and his recent running of trouble at work. The small but determined canine officer lost his year end bonus for sleeping on the job and urinating in his food bowl, sparking widespread amusement and sympathy on Chinese social media. According to domestic media, Corgi joined the Wifong Public Security Bureau and Shandong Province as a reserve explosives detection dog perfect January twenty twenty four when he was just four months old. Despite his diminutive size, the now eighteen month old Fuzi quickly stood out for his exceptional talent in detecting explosives, winning over his trainers and the public alike. This is fascinating that the public is following a one dog that detects explosives.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: By October, Fuzi meaning Lucky Boy, graduated to become a fully qualified police dog. The story of Fuzai's journey has been shared widely on Duian, a Chinese equivalent of TikTok equivalent of TikTok. TikTok is Chinese, through a dedicated account run by the Wifan Public Security Burrow. The account Corgy Police Dog Fuzi and its Comrades, has over three hundred and eighty four thousand followers and regularly provides updates on Fuzi and his fellow police dog's daily training activities. In addition to getting reprimanded and losing his year end bonus, he did a bunch of great security tasks after that. For his efforts, he was awarded a red flower treats and toys during an end of the year performance review. However, this celebratory moment took a humorous turn when a police officer revealed Fuzi's recent misbehavior would include to falling asleep on duty and urinating in his food ball. Dogs are allowed to fall asleep on duty in China. Dogs can't sleep on duty.
Speaker 2: Come on, China, come on, it's a corgie. They're adorable.
Speaker 1: So then followers jumped to his defense. Blah blah blah. Anyway, he's adorable. Yeah, he's got a little vest on that is gorgeous, and yeah he just looks like a miniature version of your dog kind.
Speaker 2: Of Yeah, that's good for me. They're great dogs. They're Welsh, which is great. They're herding dogs, which when you see them you think they're for like digging out I don't know, groundhogs or something. You think they're like going down little tunnels or like this dog bombs explosive expert like sniff and stuff out. But they like just nip at livestock's ankles and heard them, which is fantastic. Also, I watched the Westminster Dog Show every No, that's why.
Speaker 1: They're down there. That's why they're down there.
Speaker 2: There's nip and ankles, which is a great way to get an animal to move. I watched the Westminster Dog Show every year since high definition TV became real. Like I remember when my parents got like a Sony TV that was high daft for my buddy Casey got a really good Sony Vega Wega or whatever they were, And all of a sudden, I turn on the Dog Show on whatever it is New Year's Day, and you could see these things like they were in your living room. And I remember, for sub reason they were talking about Corgi's and Corky's really cute dogs. But I think they said, and I might be I'm sure they said this because I have no idea why this would be in my head if not, that Corgi is a combination of Welf Welsh words that means dwarf dog. So they just went for it. They were like, this is a dwarf dog, and I'm pretty sure that's what And I was like, okay, Like they weren't trying very hard up there in Wales. They just sort of saw a small dog and they go dwarf dog. Corky.
Speaker 1: I love we also say wiener dog, we see a dog, we go weak.
Speaker 2: I love a wiener dog. Matter of fact, A Best in Show The Great Christopher Guest Movie. Folks, if you're feeling bad about the state of the world, about things being on fire in the United States crumbling, treat yourself to Best in Show. If you've never seen that movie, he is fantastic, It really is. And I found out my neighbor is the other judge in that movie, the actor that played the other judge at the Westminster Dog Jar or whatever their kennel show is called, with Fred Willard. And so it's Red Whaler who passed away, who's comic genius. The other guy, the British guy lives I don't know, fifteen houses down for me, and he walked by and I was like, I know who that is, And so it made me go back and watch it. Boy, those movies hold up, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, do they really?
Speaker 2: Oh? Mighty Wind is funnier than when it came out. I watched A Mighty Wind recently, another Christopher Guest movies. I was crying laughing. I was crying laughing. So maybe that's what we need comedy movies to have a true renaissance to get us through whatever comes next.
Speaker 1: I agree one hundred percent, Scotty, you got.
Speaker 2: One for me, of course I got one for you, buddy boy. This was sent in by Kira Shoot, but it was sent in by over one hundred bananimals. If you want to send in your stories to the Bananas Podcast and hear your beautiful name said loudly and proudly on a podcast, The Bananas Podcast on Instagram or the Bananas Podcast at gmail dot com. Also, we have a website, bananas podcast dot com, where you can get pretty much all information about everything the Banana Boys are up to. I will shut up now. Woman in court for aggressively farting at her boyfriend's ex Ooh I'm listening, Yeah you are. Tom Sanders got this special detail for MSN dot com. A judge has let rip at a woman. Oh boy, that's a bad Tom Sanders mediumist in the biz. That is not There's so many jokes to be made about farts, and to say a judge has let rip at that's not good. No judges, No. A judge has let rip at a woman who admitted to sending videos of her breaking wind to a boyfriend's x Rihanna and Evans twenty five, is believed to be the first person to ever face charges for cyber farting over Christmas.
Speaker 1: This is crazy. What is this not America? This is what? This is against the law now to send a video of you farting to someone.
Speaker 2: Well, it's in the UK, I believe, so.
Speaker 1: It is there. It is in America. This doesn't even war a comment to someone over dinner, much less a court case. I agree, crude, crash, crass individuals.
Speaker 2: The way she did it twenty two. I'll get to it, but it yeah, I mean Rhianna and Evans twenty five. So she sent the videos to Deborah Pritherect, who said the videos caused her distress and anxiety. Okay, well, bananas. We we virtually never cover assault because we don't think anybody getting hurt is funny, and we rarely do harassment. We'll do occasionally, somebody will get the same food sent to them anonymously for fifteen years. But this one we're gonna let squeak through because it's just such a special story. It was a straight faced professor Dian Williams's job to excuse me. It was a straight face Prosecutor Dian Williams's job to describe how Evans proceeds to pass gas by placing a camera on her bottom and passing the cast. So she's really putting the phone. It's not just her standing there in farding. She's putting the the phone right up to her dairy air and making a thunderclap happen. She sent three videos on December twenty second, and another four over the next few days, including Boxing Day and New Year's Day, which that matters. It matters that they were all on holidays. Yeah, each one of them showed Miss Evans passing wind and smiling at the camera. So she's just fart and smiling. I mean again, how okay less Deborah's parents were killed in a gas explosion. I just I don't see how this is a crime, and so we see to block. I would also think police got wind of what happened and they followed through by arresting her and hauling her before courts in Caernarfon. Oh maybe this isn't Wales too, I don't know, or or Ireland wherever carenair Fon is. We'll going to look that up police. The reason she gave for her farts was that she felt her partner was being treated unfairly. So she's defending her ex, which is very strange.
Speaker 1: Is the worst way to do that. This is honestly the worst way to do that, truly.
Speaker 2: Oh it is in Wales. That's so interesting. So here we go. We went from Corgi to farting Rhiannon.
Speaker 1: All the Welsh things.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, we're a very Welsh themed again. I love Wales.
Speaker 1: I wish I spilled this episode. It's a Welsh thing. You would understand.
Speaker 2: That sounds good. Harriet Gorse, defending Miss Evans, said, there are some issues going on between missus Evans' partner and his ex partner with regard ard to child contact. At the time she sent these videos, she had had some drinks and she sent them understanding now that she has caused the victim some distress. She sent them without malicious intent. Miss Williams added, not untrue. It was purely malicious. She was smirking throughout, found it hilarious, but our victim didn't Evans.
Speaker 1: For a second. Yeah, this was because she thought that.
Speaker 2: With regard to child contact, so.
Speaker 1: Was regarding custody. This is oh my god, it's like doubles down, being like, not illegal in any way, but the worst idea to like incur. You're like, you should let my boyfriends see his kids look at me. I'm farting and sending these videos to seven of them over all holidays. I's okay, I mean legal should have gone to court, but this person is dumb.
Speaker 2: Evans is ventosity. Kurt I looked up ventosity because I had never heard it before, and it is a noun that means windiness, flatulence, or excessive pride.
Speaker 1: Ventosity, folks, it is an educational podcast for those of you who don't believe us. You're wrong. All right, I'm you're gonna You're gonna walk around now, and you have a beautifully British way to say someone farts a lot.
Speaker 2: They sure do. Evans's ventosity ended up costing her three hundred pounds, including one hundred pound compensation for her victim and one hundred and ninety nine for court costs. In a victim statement read to the court, Miss Priytheric, it's probably so it's Welsh named, so it's probably like prythric or they always have a hock in there, so it's prithric, said she would like to feel safe in my own homes. You also have to carry out fifteen rehab sessions for her sphincter whistles, and must substain from alcohol for two months. She was also given a two year restraining order from preventing preventing her from contacting her victim. See that's the thing, all this other stuff. Fifteen rehab sessions for being a drunk. That sucks. That's stupid. Also, if you're this is the best case scenario if you are angry at your exis new partner. First of all, who cares? Don't ever think of those people ever again. But if you are the kind of person who does, and you get drunk and the worst you do is fart, send it to them and smile into your phone. You're a great drinker. You're an incredibly good drinker, you know what I mean. That's like people go over and key cars or throw rocks through windows, or stalk people or chase people. This woman's just farting her phone four or five times over holiday break, giving a smirk. This feels like high level drinking, low level IQ.
Speaker 1: Yeah, high level drinking, low level IQ. Agreed, Agreed and harmless. I want to know how she doesn't feel safe for the road home for me. I agree.
Speaker 2: I agree. I don't understand it at all.
Speaker 1: You need to say something to like sue someone, but it seems crazy.
Speaker 2: I agree, Like again, she didn't go over there. This woman wasn't walking around and farting through the mail slot or in or even in the mail box. But I stayed at a place called the Tree Castle in Wales and Bull Bay, and when I was there, they have like a bar restaurant overlooks this beautiful bay. The first couple of days, no rain. Absolutely gorgeous. The owner of that place weather for the UK, Yeah, gorgeous. It did rain the third day. I think I told the story that I was. I met. I went on this long hike along the cliff's edge, and I'm sure I told this one. But I was walking and this guy's like, hey, where are you from? And I'm like, I'm actually from America. I'm from California. And he's like, oh, wonderful. Have you seen the dolphins. I go no, He goes, oh, there's like a crevasse up ahead. Go look for this bench, and then when you get to the bench, look down to your left and then that's where the dolphins meet and feed. And I said okay, and so I hike up. I said how far is He goes, oh, it's about fifteen minutes, and he was right, And so I walk and starts raining. In the fifteen minutes. I'm there. I had a rain jacket with me, very lovely horses, sheep, me, whales, cliffs, gorgeous, not cold, just really walking in the rain. And I come over a little crest on this little single track trail and there's a man laying down. I'm sure I told this. There's a grown man, probably in his sixties maybe seventies, lying on the ground on his side, like elbow into the ground on his hip. And I thought maybe he had a slip and fall because it was raining, the treacherous and I walk up to him and I said, Hi, are you okay and he said yes, and he was eating blackberries on the ground. His fingers were stained, and he goes, yes, eating blackberries freshly bathed. And the story I had to have, but yeah, a man had left his house, his farmhouse, and walked out to this field of natural wild blackberries in the rain and was lying in them on his side, eating them. Freshly bathed, and there.
Speaker 1: Are incredible people who know how to live life correctly. Yes, And this man knows how to live life absolutely correctly.
Speaker 2: Yes. I could not agree more. And I told him I was going to go see the dolphins and he said, they are, there are dolphins, and go Look. I did not see the dolphins. But if you were on a road trip in the UK, and you do go in the Wales, you don't have to just go to Wrexham because there's a TV show about that soccer team, even though you can, but go to Bull Bay, go to the Trade Castle. Stay there. It's a very unique place. The owner is this surly, older, gruff guy who's also a great innkeep. And when I was there, I went down to get a They have a little pub in the lobby and I stood, you know, standing bar, like a classic bar, no stools, And I get a pint and these men are laughing and there must be I don't know, twelve men seventy five plus years old, and they sat and drank for four or five hours and laughed and told stories and laughed in stories. And the whole time I'm thinking, like, we're we're all so conscious of our health in America and especially in Los Angeles, like and these guys spend their entire day eating. They were not a vegetable to be found, even though one night on the menu they had bock choice, so I ordered it because I was just so fascinated that they at boch Choy in Wales an omlik omlik bul day and I'm like, these guys, I would love to live to be seventy five years old.
Speaker 1: I would think that you know, they were seventy five years.
Speaker 2: Old, right, they could have been fifty and just look.
Speaker 1: Xaty and just like they're your age and they just look seventy five.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. That's a good boy.
Speaker 1: And then I think when I see like an old person who's just like just in the pub all day long, just like yeah, eating eating sausage after sausage, I'm like, is it is it that you can just do whatever the hell you want?
Speaker 3: Or is it that that person's fifty two years old?
Speaker 2: Uh? That is absolutely it? My god, it was so great. Anyways, Whales rocks, Oh that sounds great.
Speaker 1: Also to speak about that Wrexham TV show I am I'm on a soapbox today. Scottie first helmet first, the Helman's mayonnaise thing. Now, can someone explain to me why in the world I would want to watch a TV show about two incredibly wealthy actors who purchase a soccer team. What is there about that show that deserves it getting a second season? What is it? Is it just because Ryan Reynolds and John and Rob R.
Speaker 2: Mclan are delightful?
Speaker 1: Is that it it's just that they're delightful or is there some real interesting thing here that I'm missing and I'm stupid?
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's in the wake of ted Lasso being such a mega hit, just such an absolute I mean, the stars of of ted Lasso are so famous now it's unbelievable. And so, I mean, I did watch the first two episodes because I was curious, because I like I like so I like watching football and I try to go to Premier League games every time I'm in England.
Speaker 1: I like soccer too.
Speaker 2: I do like the idea of going in and try and pumping money into a small whatever they are like Football League one. They're like some lower league and trying to get them into the Premier League is kind of exciting and fun. But yes, the best was When the show premiered on FX, they didn't even say who Rob macklaney was. In this one review they said, Ryan Reynolds an actor friend by ore.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, And I'm like, he's been on a TV show for fifteen.
Speaker 2: Years, the longest running live action sitcom in history. It's like The Simpsons is longer there next. And I don't know, but people just love I don't know. I think people love to be fans of things, so, but yes, why would I want to watch season after seasons after season? I don't know. They're getting really good at follow docs now. Like they made people care about Formula one racing, they make people care about NFL quarterbacks like they just they show you the human interest side of how hard it is.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: But why do I care that Ryan Reynolds and Rob mclaney are doing it? No? They to me, I do not care, Right.
Speaker 1: It just seems like such an out of touch, Like, look at these incredibly wealthy people. They can just go and buy a team, and that's what they can do, you know what I mean? It just seems so out of touch. But you know, I've never understood things that are popular, and I never will and it is a detriment to my career.
Speaker 2: Scottie, Well, there was a team called Watford that Elton John bought in the seventies. At Elton John's like Rise, he bought some crappy like fifth tier soccer football club Watford, and now Watford's in the Premier League. So like, I guess they could turn it around. You, I don't know. Does sounds I don't know. Not for me.
Speaker 1: I'll tease you into some thumbs up. Oh good IDEA man in Ohio accidentally buys entire street has trouble giving it back.
Speaker 2: Why would you want to give it back? Oh? That is a good cliffhanger. Taylor Hunt wants the thumb. Cricket and themselves way up for publishing the first episode of their podcast, Queer to Ho. Our first episode is about surviving the holidays while keeping your familiar relationships intact. And I'm assuming Queer to Ho is about being a queer person in Idaho, which is very tricky and probably this podcast is fantastic. I'm going to leave them a five star review. Congratulations, thumbs up Taylor and Cricket. That's a great thing and if you're interested in what it's like to be a queer person in Idaho or any state where you might not be welcomed. Check out Queer to Ho.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Taylor and Cricket. There is an old skate and surf company from the eighties called TNC, and I encourage you to go look at their old logos because they were fun and goofy and take it for you guys for TNC.
Speaker 2: Taylor and Cricket's sounds so great. Congratulations Podcasts. Just keep at it, make sure it sounds good. Alex and all her animals, friend of the pod asked if we could make her recently deceased grandmother, Patricia Andrews, the banana of the week. Current We can do that, of course, Patricia Andrews going up to the big banana split in the sky. You are the banana of the week and I'm sure a really nice gal. Yeah. Susie Bauer wants the thumb Megan way up. For over a year of sobriety, Susie is so proud of you, Megan. It's been a joy to watch you create. Oh, it's been a joy to watch you create a beautiful life. Well that's nice, Yes, there really is. Congratulations Megan thumbs up. And also we're getting closer to the end of the dry sixty nine for the people who started on January first. You can start your dry sixty nine anytime you want, just sixty nine days consecutive days of zero alcohol. I don't care if you smoke weed, I don't care if you take methamphetamines. Just no alcohol. Yes, and I will send you a bumper sticker. And we have a new sticker maker, Sticker Bull, who are bananimals who came to our live show at Bob Baker Manette Theater stage introduc theirself. They already sent me the new stickers. They're perfect. So if you need stickers, go to Sticker Bull. There are buddies, they're bananimals. I think Aaron Rdman is going to order some page Roasting Company stickers from them.
Speaker 1: Yes, making connections amongst bananamals.
Speaker 2: I know that's the best we can do. Let me do one more.
Speaker 1: I'm down, I'm ready for it.
Speaker 2: Let's see. Okay, this is a good thumbs up. John Vick wants to thumb his wife Amanda completely up. Amanda's a day. Yeah, she's getting the full thumb set right up there. A mana is a day one Murder Banana who introduced John two Bananas at a very low point during the Great Choir. And now they've listened to every single episode together and they've seen us live two times. But the reason John wants to thumb Amanda up is John wants to thumb Amanda's thumb up. Amanda slammed her thumb in a car door over the Christmas break. Yeah, so thumbs up, feel better, Amanda. I did that as a young banana boy. I was driving home. Well, I was riding home with my dad from a soccer practice. We went to Barbes Snowballs. While getting out, I was so excited to get a snowball that I slammed my thumb in the car door, and the woman Barbara, who owned the snowball shed, gave me a plane like shaved ice snowball to stick my bruising and bleeding thumb into as I rode home. So shout OULP. Thumbs up to Barbara, thumbs up to Amanda. It is a top Why am I just listing tops all this week? It's a it's a top five pain for me in my life blaming my thumb. Wow, and had a kidney stone. A kidney Stone that was number one. That's I was going to call.
Speaker 1: It a penis rock. So I'm happy you said Kidney Stone. I forgot the name.
Speaker 2: Well it rocked my penis, that's for sure. Oh yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: There it is man in Ohio accidentally buys entire street and has trouble giving it back. This is from Independent. I'm written by Greg Gadzio, Greg Gazios.
Speaker 2: Best in the business.
Speaker 1: And Ohio man is fighting to keep the street he accidentally bought, claiming the city is trying to take it back by force.
Speaker 2: And I hate cities.
Speaker 1: Jason font le Roy font Leroy. I didn't know.
Speaker 2: Jason font Loi.
Speaker 1: And he owns the street too. His little Lord Fauntleroy wanted to build him. What is Little Lord font from?
Speaker 2: It's that character, Oh is it? Uh? Yeah, it's a book. Oh there's a book called Little Lord font Leroy. I'd never read it, but yeah, it's a it's a very old book from I don't owned eighteen hundreds or something.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. Jason fut Leroy wanted to build himself a home or shall we say, a castle for a lord on a lot in Trenton, which is just north of Cincinnati and southeast of Dayton. So this is not the New Jersey Trenton that has the most delightful sign on a bridge I've ever seen. Not delightful, but threatening, giant white letters that says what Trenton makes the world.
Speaker 2: Take tkes, Yeah, I sure do.
Speaker 1: So purchased what he believed to be a plot of land for five thousand dollars from Butler County Sheriff's offs auction in twenty twenty one. Land's cheap in Ohio. You buy a plot of land for five thousand dollars. In reality, he had actually purchased the entire street of Bloomfield Court. Three years later, the city began the process of reclaiming the street through the use of eminent domain. Under Ohio state law, owners whose properties are being taken by eminent domain are entitled to quote just compensation for their loss.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 1: The term just compensation, according to Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost, is defined as the quote fair market value of a piece of property. Yes, while font Loi, little lord is is absolutely legally entitled to be paid for his street, he believes the city is trying to stiff him. He told the WCPO nine that an assessment by the city of determinus streets value only considered his lot and left the rest of the land out of the calculation. Fauntleroy tried to bring the alleged oversight to the city's attention, but he claims the city's dodging him. They shut me out. Little Lord Fauntleroy told WCPO, they blocked my calls. It's hard to get through at anybody. They blocked my calls. How do you know the whole city blocked your calls. You don't, You have no idea, Marco Nichols, Trenton Cities manager told the broadcast. So the city could not comment, blah blah blah. So basically what was happening was, so there's a there's a on this street. There's a total of five properties on the road, and as the street is privately owned, little Lord Fauntleroy is responsible for maintaining the road, not just for himself but for the other homeowners living on the street, right, and so obviously potholes need like when it snows, it's not getting plowed, that sort of thing. So he wants to give it back, but he wants to get paid for giving it back. I see it seemed I don't know. I come, I'm I go back and forth. It's like you bought you bought this land for a song, pal, and you still have the land. The street was an accident.
Speaker 2: Just give it back?
Speaker 1: What like, what do you want to how much money do you want? What do you It seems like he's he's like, give me more, give me more.
Speaker 2: I don't I'll take that street. So is he responsible for are you saying he's responsible for the snow clean up and all that kind of stuff, Because if it's just it, oh, I see, I don't want that street. If it was just a okay, I don't want that street.
Speaker 1: But that's the thing. It's like, oh, this seems like a burden to you. Just give it back. You're like the demand, you demanding to be paid to be relieved of a burden. Like there's no advantage to owning the street. Right for him, there's no advantage. It's just a burden. He has to maintain it, he has to plow it. So just give it back. Quit being a greedy, little little old fauntleroy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. You also, or grow up and make it the coolest street in America. And a tourist attraction and print merchandise. Paint it a rainbow color.
Speaker 1: You do what you want with that street.
Speaker 2: Make it awesome. Yeah, why you being such a bummer there? We always get sent stories about potholes and then you know, some wankxi or whatever the guy will fill him in and spray paint a ding dong on it. There's so have a little original thought. North of Cincinnati, Ohio, Trenton, go out there and make that street the best job damn street in North America. And then you know what, if you build it, Bud, they're gonna come. You're gonna have Hellman's Mayo sponsors, Meg Ryan's gonna be in the end of the block. Climaxing. This is on you, faunt Leroy.
Speaker 1: This is on you, faunt le Roy. I hope you listen to this.
Speaker 2: You definitely won't because you don't understand technology, because you think the whole city is blocking your phone calls. Hire a lawyer. Every local news station has like one guy that's like, I stand up for you, let's get in there. I'm on the streets, I'm putting a microphone and people call that guy exactly in Baltimore's get Gelman, I think, or get Gelfman, and it'd be like, I can't get them the city to stop knocking my mailbox over when they plow snow, and then that guy gets in the plow guy's face as he's like, why do you knock over mailboxes? Get Gelman.
Speaker 1: Maya our buddy, our buddy Rob just recently hired Sweet James.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gives some context.
Speaker 1: It was a little car accident and it was a Sweet James billboard right there, so we just called Sweet James. Sweet James is the art LA's version of that, where it's just everywhere, just as I think it's one eight hundred Sweet James, or it's just dial Sweet James.
Speaker 2: Get Gelfman. Yeah exactly. But also that guy, I think was married to one of the Real Housewives and so he's actually like a known dude. So if you're a huge fan of Housewives, which I would guess half our audience is a massive fan, yeah, they know who Sweet James is. Yeah, he's an accident attorney, and I guess he's very good at his jobs. But around Los Angeles and La County he has upwards of I don't know, two thousand billboards where his face is on it, and he looks a little like a cartoon Satan.
Speaker 1: He does. I agree with that assessment. He looks like a little like like Jack Nicholson playing Satan. That's allegedly, allegedly alleged. He does give us one headline to send us home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll take this one, nice and slow. Alissa Evans sent this in Thank you, Alyssa Evans. That's a you feel like if you knew an Alyssa Evans knowing up, she was probably one of the nicer people in your homeroom class.
Speaker 1: You know, I agree with that.
Speaker 2: This was on today dot com rich and yeah right, this is happening right now. Rachel Paula Abrahamson. Maybe if your last name is Abraham.
Speaker 1: Samson, don't put the middle name.
Speaker 2: You don't need the Paula Rachel. I'll actually be rp. Abrahamson and then people go ooh, intrigue. Anyways, she is the best in the business, even though her name is a calamity. Mom gives birth in a Krispy Kreme parking lot during a historic Alabama blizzard. They're calling the baby glaze.
Speaker 1: All right, and that is where we'll leave that. You gotta start the next one. With that one, Scottie, I will gladly do it.
Speaker 2: Thank you Alyssa Evans for sending it in guy scales, non binary pails, bain animals, ban animals. You're all welcome here. If you have the time in your life, if you're looking at your phone right now, any five star review on Spotify or Apple Podcasts helps us so very much. So if you could take the time to give the Banana Boys five stars, we'll take the time to say thank you them. Bananas Right. Bananas is an exactly right media production.
Speaker 1: Our producer and engineer is Katie Levine.
Speaker 2: The catchy Bananas theme song was composed and performed by Kahan.
Speaker 1: Artwork for Bananas was designed by Travis Millard.
Speaker 2: And our benevolent overlords are the great Karen Kilgareff and Georgia Hertstar.
Speaker 1: And Lisa Maggott is our full human, not a robot intern. Every t