Speaker 1: Big Fox Entertainment Price. That's the Rick Butchers Show with Speedy Greg Butchers, Edie Van Adler and Rick Butchers.
Speaker 2: Let's go, Come on, let's go.
Speaker 3: It's a brand new hour on a brand new.
Speaker 2: Dave Sad and Pleasant Hill. Our one is ready to go. He How about Frankfort, Kentucky.
Speaker 4: Is ready you fall us Ready?
Speaker 2: Knoxville, Tennessee, home of those Tennessee Mamas tears ready.
Speaker 5: Rockets hime, we feel Steve.
Speaker 2: Eating Farms is ready.
Speaker 6: Louisville, Kentucky.
Speaker 7: That's God.
Speaker 2: Canieville, Kentucky. Aram Alabama. The Parkers from Enterprise are ready.
Speaker 4: They have food, they have books, and they'll see us in the box seats today. Come on, I see you, Pop Tart, I see you out there ready. Georgia and the Dogs are ready. Fight for Wire is ready.
Speaker 2: Men told we.
Speaker 5: Got it here for.
Speaker 2: Mama. Walk Walp says, I'm ready to Thanks for being here today, America, brand new day, brand new show. Lots to cover and we'll get you ready for the weekend. You heard the Parkers coming up from Enterprise, Alabama. That's down in the southern part of Alabama. For those of you that aren't familiar, they're making their way here. Uh, and they also have its It is it Enterprise that has the the statue the bow weavil. Yeah, that's the thing I get. I get Enterprise and you follow confused? You follow is, of course the lake and all that, But it's Enterprise that has the bow weaving. I think isact correct? Yes, I think so. The Great Bow and also home of the great Buck Hanson football legend. Play a little ball with Buck Troy and uh, Buck knows what it's like to line up against Sydney. Oh good, we were on the same team though he played guard all this.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, Rick, I know you were reliving some glory days just then. I just forgot how weird the bowl Weavil monument is.
Speaker 9: It's very well holds like an alien.
Speaker 5: Yes, there's like a lady holding it up.
Speaker 9: As a giant bowl weavil on top. That is Enterprise, right, do we get it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay?
Speaker 9: Do you know the story of the bowl evil? Why they do you here?
Speaker 8: We go?
Speaker 5: It didn't didn't take out the crops?
Speaker 9: Yeah, which made them go? Did they go to cotton?
Speaker 2: What was it? It's something it did away with one crop that made them play another and they flourished or something. You're supposed to have.
Speaker 5: Asked me.
Speaker 2: T Come on, Greg, gracious, it's something like that. Didn't make them go to peanuts something?
Speaker 9: Somebody?
Speaker 2: Then why did you google it?
Speaker 10: I am?
Speaker 2: I'm kind of right again, Greg, Yeah, because that was lazy Alabama history class and I'm you know, eighth grade. Whenever it was, I can't remember, but that was one of the subjects.
Speaker 8: The bul wevil decimated the South cotton industry, but the city of Enterprise, Enterprise found prosperity instead.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they had to do something different. They were leaning on them, the.
Speaker 2: One that brought this to the table table and just looking around like you're drunk. They say peanuts. The text nation says they went to peanuts, forced them to go to another crop, and that ended up being their saving grace. Everybody saying that peanuts.
Speaker 9: In the end, they said, the bowt weavil actually did us a fame.
Speaker 2: Thank you bow Evil. You get a statue. Yeah, which is strange, but that is it is strange.
Speaker 5: Wow, one mating pair can produce two million offspring. Wow, the bowl wevil.
Speaker 9: Oh, big day for he's a busy little evil.
Speaker 5: Yes he is.
Speaker 11: So.
Speaker 2: Anyway, they they're going to be in the box seats today. They the bow Evil, No, well from the land of the bow Evil. Theets they said, they're bringing yeah, that that they are bringing peanuts and they're all they're bringing food and they're.
Speaker 9: Bringing books books.
Speaker 2: Does that mean? Does it mean they've got a copy of Men Don't Run in the Rain and they're bringing up maybe just what I would think, that's what.
Speaker 9: You don't know what what books are?
Speaker 2: They bring? Random book about the boat weavil, random books. They're just bringing books, comic book about something. Oh, they've written a book that want us to have it?
Speaker 5: Nuts, We got it. Peanuts they switched to.
Speaker 12: We said that, yeah, the bow We forced them to. By the way, the tubers are already asked, you two right here, I'm this way. We got to it eventually, the tubers are already asking. They're already asking, okay, uh, can you tell Adler please not to cut the show off early today?
Speaker 5: Yes, I will. I'll broadcast the entire show. Imagine that, y'all.
Speaker 2: If you missed it. Aler just decided to cut show off early yesterday, y'all. It was messing around with his van thinking the show was over.
Speaker 5: I come back in here.
Speaker 8: And there's commercials running, and y'all are getting ready for the next segment because the show wasn't done.
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't.
Speaker 8: But one third of all the pest pesticides used in the United States at one point were directed at the bull evil because that's how.
Speaker 13: Bad it was.
Speaker 9: That's something gun bad.
Speaker 12: By the way, they are bringing copies of me and don't run the ring. They make sign that's Greg's got them right in there.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 15: A lot of people show up here with books, say a lot a lot. Listen, you know what I was in my office, I would but considering, hey, how about this. Can I go back to this for just a minute.
Speaker 2: Something I have noticed, and maybe this may be if you believe in mojo, I probably shouldn't say this. That what you're talking about people bringing us books of their own seems to almost be left in the past. You haven't seen a lot of that here in the new era. But boy, we not as much in the thirty one years of ricking Bubble. We got books. Wow, we got some of the man Church advance. We'll get a book. We'll get a few so then published it not very long. Then we promoted you reading them into bathroom so people want to started bringing them for that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, but it ain't that way now now we stuck up right the bathroom.
Speaker 5: Now, yeah, you were trying to get in and out that place.
Speaker 2: Always be leary of the person that approach you with a little book they want you to read and you look at it and it's really a glorified pamphlet.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Those are always those are those are always interesting Mark. He wrote his perfect example wrestling and religion perfect Reddit to us, very perfect example.
Speaker 9: It's about seven pages, right, the three rings. I don't know that you can call.
Speaker 2: That's like just a thought. Yeah, oh I don't like this. Somebody said, I I worked in the uh in the peanut industry, and inside the where we stored the peanuts, the biggest rats have ever seen in my life.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know they show up.
Speaker 2: Why do you have to read that? Right off?
Speaker 9: Right off tax Nation, they show up. You know you got a warehouse full of the.
Speaker 12: Whole area around Oath and Enterprise. Boy, they're known for peanuts producing.
Speaker 5: Well because they had to force their hand what he did. Look, Enterprise has.
Speaker 8: Got a lot of bull wevil statues. By the way, I didn't know that they got Ronald they got Ronald mcbull.
Speaker 2: Wevil that's there, maybe getting carried away a little bit. What is that their vulcan? I guess so, because here in Birmingham we'll put the vulcan up somewhere.
Speaker 8: We'll put a pantsless man on anything. We'll slap him on a bubber stick or whatever.
Speaker 2: Sure we have a mascot that shows up at ball games, just the vulcan. You forget that speedy seeing and persons. Yeah, maybe don't. We shouldn't embrace someone's wearing no pants. It's really hard to tell what he is if.
Speaker 5: You didn't know, right, is that stone man?
Speaker 16: What is?
Speaker 11: What is?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is it granite face? Speaking of peanuts, did you like the peanuts that I brought back from from Seminole, Texas?
Speaker 9: Those were good peanuts. I can't remember, Greg, Yeah, they were good.
Speaker 2: It just happened. Yeah, they were the salted versions. I'm not huge on the salted versions, but those were good. Salt he's a gift, he's a pik.
Speaker 9: Good for the salt ones because they're not my favorite.
Speaker 2: They're good, though, thank you. I like the salt ones, thank you. Like the other ones a little better criticized a gaint. Thank you great that I liked. That really ups all the men that I got to start listening to show that they didn't know about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, they think of Rick.
Speaker 2: What you get back here with them? Eight in time back bold statement, I didn't get one, not on you, No, not really bold statement from Zaxon Nation. See if you believe this, greg over, seventy five percent of the nation's peanuts are produced within one hundred mile radius of Dothan, Alabama.
Speaker 17: Wow.
Speaker 2: Seventy five percent of fact. Wow, about fifty eight percent?
Speaker 5: Why would you think?
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess show. Strange Encutters the new podcast from Rick Burch's Get it No wherever you get podcasts.
Speaker 16: All right, So.
Speaker 2: There's a brand new Strange Encounters coming out this weekend, be episode five. If you're not following that podcast, you'll look for it where we get podcasts, you can follow it.
Speaker 9: It is a new one. We produce it with Blaze TV.
Speaker 2: Avery yesterday's episode interesting, We're gonna have a conversation. We did have a conversation. It's it's it's done. Additors getting it together to be released this weekend. Tom Carr was our guest paranormal investigator for nearly forty years.
Speaker 9: And I bet that's not a title I'll ever have. No me either.
Speaker 2: Paranormal been around for a while, and of course, like he learned in this world, I think he eventually had to shut down his website and everything because you just flip a switch on the on the strangest human beings you've ever encountered. But but you know, we wanted to focus yesterday on what our topic is, and that's angels and demons, and there's no doubt that he had experience firsthand with demonic activity one of them. But anyway, you will though here there's some things that Tom talks about that that that we don't necessarily agree with. Uh, it was all very cordial nothing. I mean, he was he was a great guest and did a great job. But you will see that I didn't track with Tom on everything, but it was still incredibly interesting to hear his first hand experience though with these demons that he dealt with, and that was the main focus of him being on our podcast because of where we're trying to stay so and so catch that uh this uh this weekend wherever you get podcasts, Strange Encounters, Episode five, Interesting conversation at or you agree that was that one was? You know, it was some interesting stuff.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and you, like you said, you kept it cordial. In fact, at the beginning an interview, I thought it was hilarious.
Speaker 9: He goes.
Speaker 5: He goes, Now, this isn't gonna be like a Tucker Carlson ted Cruz.
Speaker 2: That was funny.
Speaker 8: And I forget what line you said. You go, No, I'm not going to ask you about the population of something, but it was funny.
Speaker 2: No, I screamed at him. I said, I promise you, I won't scream at you. How many demons went with.
Speaker 5: Lucern That's good, that's fantastic. Yeah, yeah, y'all, y'all you did a great job.
Speaker 12: Did I see where speaking of Tucker, he called Trump to apologize for what he has said about his stance on Iran or I haven't seen that.
Speaker 5: No, I saw that yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think I think Trump Trump announced that or the White House or something. Anyway, Just yeah, you said, Tucker had just kind of hit me because I think he realizes he was a little.
Speaker 2: Off on that. Well. No, I don't mind Tucker asking hard questions, especially if we're gonna, you know, get involved with anything involving war. I don't have any problem with that at all. I know Adler gaves that whole hardly. But but there's a way to go about it. Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Yeah, you don't have to be like and that's what he was about it. Well, and like I said, don't go crazy ass Yeah right, times full up in here. All right, So text Nation wants us to weigh on something really really deep. You know, we just we just talked about demons, angels and going to war, and text Nations said, don't skip over the fact that it's vanilla milkshake Day.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've seen this a couple of times from there, and we have that on here that it is that and where we stand on on milkshakes. I mean, so it's not milkshake Day. It's vanilla milkshake. That's what they're saying, Greg, And why would you have that? And I just don't we have milk. I think we had milkshake Day not too long ago.
Speaker 9: But vanilla milkshake, let's get its own day.
Speaker 2: I will say this. I don't go vanilla much, but I like vanilla milkshakes.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 9: I'd rather have a chocolate malt Okay.
Speaker 8: Today is National Vanilla Milkshake Day, right, June twentieth. National Chocolate Milkshake Day is September twelfth.
Speaker 2: Now weird.
Speaker 9: They should all have one day.
Speaker 5: It should be one day notice. Veterans get one day and milkshakes get.
Speaker 2: To Okay where I don't go there a lot, but when I do, I love the milkshake. Well, milkshake also the first day of summer too, is it really?
Speaker 9: Milkshakes were a big part of three or five ricks life.
Speaker 2: Love milkshake.
Speaker 9: They're good when it comes down to the little sweet dessert.
Speaker 2: Love the milk. I can't remember the last time I had a milkshake, but I love them. I haven't one lately, but I'm going to ya, who y'all think has the best milkshake? Is fun?
Speaker 8: What I was thinking to Jamocha Shaked Arby's is real good? Jamocha Shaked Arby's.
Speaker 9: Jackson, What how about what jack got to? Jacks like milkshakes? I gain Jackson's hand dipped? They dipped the ice cre what I'm acted out?
Speaker 2: What about.
Speaker 5: This Chick fil A?
Speaker 9: Didn't they start doing milkshakes?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Everything, They're good? What about dairy Queen? These kind of places sleeping culverts too that I've never I thought they have a custard.
Speaker 9: I thought they're a custard. Freddy's I know about that.
Speaker 2: You and Freddy, every conversation that you married Freddy's, You and Freddy go get.
Speaker 9: Gracious, what about Freddy?
Speaker 2: I got some custins.
Speaker 5: The lizard can't forget about them. Just the same thing.
Speaker 2: Wanted to talking about milkshakes. I will say this, dairy Queen's tough to be. I know where you were going. I just went off and left Derrek Queen, them and son, and I will tell you this is my problem. The milkshake that I like, probably probably enjoyed the most, was your standard. And I know we're talking about Villa Vanilla will get there. When I would take my kids, of course, it was about them, not me. When I would take my kids to Johnny Rockets and they would bring you the glass and then they were more in that ten, that metal ten they made it in and they would sit it next to the glass for you to come in with a little yeah, and sometimes I pop it out of the tin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good milkshake.
Speaker 5: That's great.
Speaker 9: Just have a pretty good one, do y'all?
Speaker 11: Go.
Speaker 2: Do y'all keep it simple vanilla chocolate or do you ever go because there's a lot of weird milk, peanut butter to Oh yeah, okay, it's pretty good.
Speaker 9: Strawberry no, okay, Banana no okay, anything like that you'll get.
Speaker 2: I tend to I tend to like if anything oreo like oreo.
Speaker 9: Okay with that, I'd rather it's not my favorite.
Speaker 5: But nobody does a good strawberry.
Speaker 8: I guess having to do a strawberry milkshake, making a good fresh one is really hard because nobody to me in the fast food world does a strawberry milkshake, right, But then you go to like a place where that uses the tins and there's like an old lady mixing it there. Yes, I'll go strawberry if I see an old lady and I see tins, and it's more it's not a old lady that.
Speaker 2: It's not a fast food chap. I don't mind. I don't mind a butterscotch one, but that's rare, not a huge. That's what that's when you go to a place that's got all kinds of way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm starving I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: But I would rather keep it chocolate. That's a good one.
Speaker 5: I'm peanut butter and chocolate.
Speaker 17: Yes, do you like it?
Speaker 11: Do you like it?
Speaker 2: Real thick? You gotta fight it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Not too thick though.
Speaker 2: If you said birds, forget about calories, forget about your health. Just have fun today, do whatever you want. I'm going with a chocolate malt that's a good thing. That's my favorite, like the good.
Speaker 5: Maybe some some Reese's peanut butter cups, really hungry.
Speaker 19: I don't like.
Speaker 2: You can make it too weird for me. It's blizzard like I don't like these places have milkshakes that they're so weird you can't even figure out how to begin to consume it. There's stuff just hanging all off, some ice cream cone into it, a piece of cake on top of it. There's a birthday had on it for some reason. Would y'all rather have a milkshake or like just a bowl of ice cream milkshake? Yeah, but but I always go with a bowl of ice cream. I never did of ice cream. If you say, Greg, here's to pick one, I'm going shake.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: You can walk with it, you know, you can hold it and walk with it.
Speaker 2: Somebody said peach milkshake.
Speaker 8: Peach milkshake's fantastic if somebody does it well, if you do it like old with big old fat arms, she's gotta have big old fat.
Speaker 5: He's going to be a great peach milkshake.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't hate peach milk. I'm just I'm more just the ice cream flavorite. I don't really like the fruit milkshake. Strawberry. I don't like strawberry. I you're gonna pick up an nella shake or chocolate shake, chocolate, chocolate chocolate. As a kid, it was vanilla.
Speaker 19: But here.
Speaker 5: I missed out a lot of my life on chocolate.
Speaker 9: You really did to make funny.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I was immersed in it from the time I was born.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. America sleeps well every night just knowing these four men are on the air.
Speaker 2: The requites, show, Arrested Easy America, the games here. We do have a lot to cover today. I hope you participate. Phone segments are out there, Hey birds, Hey birds, coming up, box seats coming in at Burgess, ball battles to day, And right in the middle of all the fun, suddenly Bird has to bring up taxes. Sorry about this, but it's actually a solution. Yeah. I hate when people just talk about a problem and they never talk about a solution. Hey, we got this problem, he say, is that, Well we're going to do let's do something about it. Let's get it done. If you o ten thousand dollars or more and unpaid taxes, maybe you haven't filed in a few years once, Well, our nation's largest collection agencies looking for you. That's the irs. Why don't you get some protection from our friends at US tax Shield. Better Business Bureau rates them a plus. So why don't you take advantage of the fresh Start program. They know how to maneuver through that. Fresh Start sounds good, doesn't it. Get this off your plate, get this out of your life, quit worrying about it. Call one eight hundred seven six nine seven three four zero. You can find that number and all the information that I speak of by going to our website Rick Burgess Show dot com under sponsors one eight hundred seventy six y nine seven three four zero. And you know what. They also offer you a price protection guaranteed quote to get you protected today. So let's get this off our list. I want to ask you guys, something about you know in the world of interaction. And you know, one one of the things that really dominates our show and we we just love it is you know, social awkwardness, you know, trying to be you know, do you say this is this appropriate?
Speaker 16: We do?
Speaker 2: We do all this and you know, we we we talk about a lot of important things here. It's not just milkchecks.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: We we talk about a lot of important stuff here. So had the opportunity you know, you have that you know we all have, like we talked about I think it was even yesterday, where you know, guys, we we have different levels of friends. You know, you have your people that you just interact with in the hall. Uh, then you have acquaintances, and then you kind of have that circle of guys that you would consider to be close friends. And but there's still things in guy world that's different than you're interacting, say with couples, you know how women interact. And I kind of got stuck on a dilemma yesterday and it seemed to be something socially awkward between me and a and a close friend. And of course we speak of wingo wingo and I we don't get to spend as much time together as we'd like, but when we do, it's always beneficial. He's uh, he's a great friend. And so we had the opportunity. We had the opportunity to yesterday have lunch together, get caught up. But we have the thing. We had the thing where you meet somewhere and you get into one of each other's trucks. First of all, there's always the awkwardness on who's gonna drive. Let's take my truck. Now, let's take my truck. So what I did because we were going to have lunch and go to the farm where we did have a fishing lesson yesterday with Sherry, which I'll tell you about. And and he was just gonna go with me because we were gonna go down there and do some other stuff at camp house and things like that. Glad I did because I found a dead bird in campouse. But anyway, so this keeps happening. We got to find they're coming to the bird. Yeah, we'll talk about it. But anyway, so hey, hey, but uh, it's real wet, a lot of rain, so much. Sherry's gonna be down there. She's there.
Speaker 6: Here we go.
Speaker 2: So when we finish up the day, Okay, so we're coming back to the take friend, male friend back to their vehicle. Okay, right, you with me? You did there?
Speaker 9: You do the little wrap up?
Speaker 2: Hey? Man, enjoyed it? You do hey, Let's do it again? Okay, man, sounds good. And then here was the question. And and when you kept looking at me and I kept look at him, he kept looking at me because I wouldn't drive it off, and he said, what are you doing? I said, why is it? Gonna make sure you truck cranks? He goes, what you're on the date? He goes, he was that gay? And and and and I was like, is that gay?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: And and and so I would maybe it's courteous, maybe right? I know you do that a lot with your wife. Yeah, yeah, do you do that with another grown Do you do that?
Speaker 3: Do you do that?
Speaker 2: Do you do that with another grown man? And I drove off. I wasn't staying no. I mean at that point you got to leave. Yeah, right, you're being considerate a vague.
Speaker 9: Let me make sure your car starts.
Speaker 2: You know, he's a little older.
Speaker 9: He could just call you and go, man, you come and swing back around.
Speaker 2: You should see his face.
Speaker 9: He was like, what are you doing?
Speaker 12: If I did this to hobby spend the whole show. I definitely, yeah, I've never been one of Hoby's cars or him him in mind.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 5: Really that's surprising.
Speaker 2: That is very surprising. That's a lie.
Speaker 9: I tell you one thing.
Speaker 2: If it was if it's Hoby's car or speeds card, it's gonna be Hoby's. He ain't gonna burn no gas whatever. Okay, so already first texture Rick, Yeah, I think again.
Speaker 9: You just gonna make man, that's what you're saying.
Speaker 20: I guess.
Speaker 2: It's just habitual. I guess I'm nice and you shipped me nice to your male friends. I'm sorry. I don't even look at him. Once he gets out drive off, he literally stopped, like what are you doing? He just looked at me. He goes like, weren't you driving away? And I was like, oh, I'm just gonna make sure you. You know, you truck cranks and everything's fine. He goes, that's gay, and I was like, I was like, oh, okay, so I d off. Then almost, like you said, I almost spun out. Yeah, I found I felt like I had to drive real mascular.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: But wow, that's weird.
Speaker 5: Well okay, does he have like an old truck?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 9: No, it's he just got a new one and I used to have an Okay.
Speaker 5: Now you're being that that that shows you were being overprotected.
Speaker 2: What's wrong with you?
Speaker 5: You're being overprotected?
Speaker 2: You want to tap people on the shoulder in the bathroom telling your collars is your job to care as you get older? What's wrong? I guess I've become more caring and it's cost to me. You that when I didn't care about these things at all, I know, but apparently socially I was more appropriate.
Speaker 5: So he has a newer truck, so the most grown man, and you're like, I just want to.
Speaker 2: Make sure it starts.
Speaker 19: Why not?
Speaker 5: Was his cell phone dead?
Speaker 2: Like I call you?
Speaker 8: I of course, right, Okay, so you just cared about him too much. You just you just wanted to see him what you just wanted to watch him go.
Speaker 2: I would rather I would put it more in the category of ititual, because I'm used to like if Sherry and I meet somewhere and we go somewhere, So.
Speaker 9: I think he's not shary. He made that perfect clear.
Speaker 5: You put him in the same mind in category in.
Speaker 2: Your mind not saying that, I'm just saying it's it's a habit. Do you drive off from from your kids too, if they're if they're sons, you leave them. Do you say to your you're trying to compare things that that is not what happened. I'm trying to show where the habit came from. That I was so right. Do I do this with my kids even though they're grown now and then they're they're all but one male? Right, somebody, do I drive off from them? Too?
Speaker 9: Good luck out there? Over works out.
Speaker 5: Somebody texted loat oh low tee.
Speaker 9: I'm sorry low t that maybe you know as we get older, loatd Yeah, it's wow.
Speaker 5: All are friends. That's fine. You're your friends that like the carriage. Oh no, for each other.
Speaker 2: I was set straight. You know your friends shoes you straight. Yeah, I won't do it again. If he gets stranded, he can just call me.
Speaker 9: Yeah. See, now you got him on dirt different old gelope that he's had trouble with.
Speaker 2: Now he's been telling you back to habits again. He just now got this new truck. He used to drive a pretty old one, pretty old truck. Didn't have a history of giving him trouble. No, No, I didn't.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, that hurts.
Speaker 12: So you had the window rolled down and everything looking at him. Well, it's just say you say, did you have the window down.
Speaker 2: To pastor side?
Speaker 19: Yes?
Speaker 5: Pastor Yeah, So now you want to talk to me?
Speaker 12: He looked back and get a dip gracious, well you know, and spit out the window roll.
Speaker 2: Something. Don't you get different? You need to get a dip. Hey, I almost got so bad. I almost got it. So you think you can whip me? Yeah? Check his tire pressure to do that?
Speaker 19: Hold on?
Speaker 5: Was your tire side?
Speaker 2: How's your gas?
Speaker 9: Nobody said that.
Speaker 8: I thought it was bad when I held the door for a guy coming in the building. Right here, I was holding the door for but.
Speaker 5: He was too far away.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you never know.
Speaker 5: He actually flagged me off. He goes, I'm good, buddy, he's.
Speaker 2: So far away he flagged me off. Good guy, he's trying to run to you.
Speaker 21: I'm good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you catch yourself when doing that. I got to get there.
Speaker 12: But you don't want to get close on them as they're getting there. But yet, if they're too far away, you're like, now mad, they're hurt.
Speaker 9: This guy's respine. I got good, by the way, I love tatingation.
Speaker 20: Rick.
Speaker 9: Please tell me you turned it free bird and spun out sometimes.
Speaker 2: Wow, if I gotta leave even here, you know, I probably shouldn't ask him. Was the last time he checked his old Yeah? I said, you had you asked him?
Speaker 9: If you forget, you got your wallet and keys with you and your phone anything. They don't think we won't leave something left tur looks a little.
Speaker 5: Low buckle your seat belt?
Speaker 2: Yes, I love you.
Speaker 9: He almost left his keys. I took care of that too. You gonna need them keys?
Speaker 2: I think you just made that up. No, No, he did, he did.
Speaker 9: He was just he had had one leg, and I said, you probably gonna need them.
Speaker 2: Keys and give him a check. You know, he's a little older. It's not like I was doing until younger. M hmm, well so so so I'm not checking on anybody anymore. I'm out, all right, that's it now.
Speaker 5: I'm just dudes.
Speaker 2: Don't check on floating sons.
Speaker 5: Sons.
Speaker 2: No drive off, but not too often.
Speaker 5: And don't let him know you're checking on there you go. It has to be more like you're raising of him.
Speaker 2: So I shouldn't have said if you got enough gas, because he had to get all the way back to uscalution, Yeah, your son, right, it's a grown man. He's fine.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. In order to truly benefit from this show, you must have a sense of humor. So like enough, Francis and enjoy the Rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, thanks for being here America. All right, So things that you need to know Burgess ball battle coming up a little bit later on. Also, it is official, I got a hay birds coming up with some of it. Speedy will be going on Larry Quest next week, so all the prep for that, Speedy.
Speaker 9: Any how many times were you contacted by Larry yesterday?
Speaker 2: A couple of times? Okay, he did. He was very kind.
Speaker 9: On one of them.
Speaker 2: He said that he didn't have any brothers, you know, but if he did, he'd wanted to be like us. I was sweet. That's the kind of stuff's got. That's hard to scare you to death. Really, now his brother we all are, oh all of us. Yeah, he's like he'd like he didn't have any in real life. He didn't have anybody band of brothers. Okay. The one thing I haven't asked him is how what's the temperature of his house?
Speaker 22: Oh?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Is it hot? Cold?
Speaker 2: That's see?
Speaker 1: Who did that?
Speaker 9: You're right, fill in their cold nature?
Speaker 2: No, no, that would bet it's gonna be hot in that house, is it? But you got your on Wendy unit. See you're fine. Oh yeah, turn that puppy down. Of course that also makes it wendy easy to get into. But that's fine.
Speaker 5: Also, I just wanting to know what time they go to bed and wake up?
Speaker 12: You know that?
Speaker 2: Did he tell you I haven't early to betterly to rise? That means I don't have essentially, But that's good. You need you need them to go to bed early, understanding they don't have any WiFi. How did your conversation with Time the Engineer go? He I'm going to actually see him today. We've texted, but he has not been in office, so today he's gonna to be here. Super Time Engineers A little stingy with that little he worried to death when I took it.
Speaker 12: You'll get it back and I'll lose it. Oh gosh, that he might tell me I can't take it. Well, y'all told him when I took you to kiss it goodbye?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, oh yeah, good news.
Speaker 9: Were y'all shocked that I got back with everything?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 2: Right, we were?
Speaker 9: Were you shocked that I got on the air. Yes, yes, all that, uh he did.
Speaker 12: Going back to Larry, he did kind of get into the like directions and stuff, and I how you doing, Larry. I didn't have it in my heart to tell him I can just punch in the address.
Speaker 2: He didn't know.
Speaker 12: He was saying, you know, when you get into Dublin, you're gonna see this and then take a left and you're going to go here and then take a right and we're right there, and then come up here and you see it.
Speaker 7: You got it.
Speaker 2: You gotta see a bash and hound tied up. Don't turn the air.
Speaker 9: In those days, oh yeah, down there at the old store.
Speaker 2: Now, times were better.
Speaker 12: We actually looked around and we saw landmarks and we've talked about that, you know, names of roads.
Speaker 9: Now you just you know, you just blindly following him. Yeah, tell you can come out here right here?
Speaker 2: Can I tell you who else does that? That's in our lives? So you know, we all have different roles. And you know, Bones is kind of the Quase road manager. You know, anytime there's some sort of speaking engagement through the man church at the end, you're handed over to Bones to be sure that here's where you go, Here's where your contact is, Here's how they're gonna do it. Here's when they're going to feed you. You know, do you want that? He's that guy? Did you know that?
Speaker 9: When when I travel Bones, he'll start doing things?
Speaker 2: All right? Now, Look we got we're gonna take We're gonna take fifty nine. And I'm like, Bones, we're just gonna put it this, just put it in. We're just gonna put it into the GPS. Yeah, Bone still clings to turn left. Here there's four red lights and you're gonna see it.
Speaker 9: Look, he still does all that. I'm like, Bones, what kill me?
Speaker 5: Kill me right now?
Speaker 2: You need to be able to this.
Speaker 9: Bone still got an outhouse.
Speaker 2: I mean, what is this? Y'all? Remember when what are you saying?
Speaker 19: Gregor?
Speaker 2: You kind of sensitive to this kind of point of guide this thing? And I've told my kids this that you don't even know how to find directions without the thing, but we get lost. What if it breaks know a little bit about where you not every turn, but get the general out there where you're going.
Speaker 9: Moon't is literally taking me telling me what highways I'm taking and what exit I'm taking.
Speaker 2: I mean y'all remember the folding mask, couch, red lights.
Speaker 9: Greg still counts red lights. Well, I'm just saying we're too dependent on count red lights.
Speaker 2: Red lights. Take a right. What I do like about it? You know the main roads wherever you're going is I'm a map gow on that. But once you get off in like a city you've never been in the GPS. It's nice to help, but we in the past we did find without it. By the way, we've all looked at the pictures and understand, Hoby has looked. You run all this by Hoby? Yeah, has he seen the pictures of the home? Yes? Do you want to tell us what he said? Well, I don't want to hurt him, not hurt anybody's feelings, but this is just being truth. There's nothing wrong with their home. Their homes looks like he said, Hey, send me a picture. How say it? Hey, Hey, send me a picture of the room you're sleeping in? Right, Okay?
Speaker 12: I said, all right, I did, And then and then send him some other pictures and he says, looks like every crime scene documentary I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: It's got that.
Speaker 5: He'll watch those crime things.
Speaker 9: So he knows I love him as crime podcast, which I don't.
Speaker 2: I think. I think you going and doing some adventure like you've been known for throughout your entire career. Do we all agree that Speedy's spending the night is the game changer?
Speaker 9: He's never done that. You going into coming out. Anybody can do that, not anybody.
Speaker 2: But I'm telling me that's less the Hey, I'm I'm in here in my boxers and I'm I'm I'm pulling back the sheets and I'm getting under the cover and I'm covering up in somebody else's house.
Speaker 9: Who's who, basically I just met through the radio show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's accurate pretty much. Yet that's a game changer.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it just I don't know that because Greg was an advocate for leave at two thirty, you know, in the morning, get there, you know, seven ish.
Speaker 9: Instead of cooking the meal, cooking break.
Speaker 12: Have breakfast, do the show, and then get on the road, get back, you back by mid afternoons like a work day.
Speaker 2: That's what you were an advocate for. You Maybe that's let's go with that. Would you have spend the night, Greg, I don't know, you know, not in the van, the ban away from the house. Anyway, Well, you won't even state of family members.
Speaker 9: That's what I'm saying. So they're not fair to ask you. Would you cannot sleep in the van, you have to sleep in the home.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: If I am cheap, if I'm solo and I can't sleep in the van, I'm not going.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: If I can sleep in the van and I'm solo, I'll go.
Speaker 8: If I have to sleep in the house, maybe if the other guys were going, I would, But I just wouldn't sleep.
Speaker 5: By myself in the house. You know, lawsuits, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 19: What you do?
Speaker 2: Shot, Now, I shouldn't go. You have to find you.
Speaker 5: I'm not worried about you.
Speaker 2: Well, that's obvious. What if you're just like waking up in your eyes, your eyes are just starting to clear up, and the first thing you see on your pillows a patch, and then all of a sudden you go to move and you're like what man, And then.
Speaker 5: You're sewn into your bed like a patch.
Speaker 2: Like a patch.
Speaker 5: You're I'm not gonna patch that he's collecting you are.
Speaker 2: I'm here. You are a human patch.
Speaker 5: Larry, Larry, we're just joking around you. It sounds like you're a nice You're a nice guy that collects patches. You're not madding Speedy to my collection?
Speaker 9: See that would be a good ending.
Speaker 5: Greg.
Speaker 12: Look, I wake up and I'm like, I'm a real person that I'm going I mean, I'm the state line, you know, and You're gonna be off somewhere.
Speaker 8: And it's just so Speedy's face and he's all like sewed into the bed and slowly zooms out and he's just.
Speaker 2: By the way. People are saying the new series for the YouTube channel, Speedy spends the night and you just gonna spend the night at.
Speaker 9: How was we could find like a hoarder and you had to spend the night in there.
Speaker 2: We've got a story kind of Then Yeah, then the uncomfortable moment, like we wake up and it's the morning, When do I come out?
Speaker 11: I know, I know.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burchers Show. Welcome to a brand new hour of The Rick Burchers Show with Speedy, Greg Burgess, Eddie v and Uddler and Rick Burgess.
Speaker 2: Hello America, welcome in for a brand new hour. Thank you for being with us today. Have you missed any of the show on current No problem, go back and catch it on your own time. If the live option limits you to only a few moments and you want to catch any of it you missed, or go back and relive some of the moments that's available every day. Follow our podcast to know that you'll get an alert. Hey, the archive of the show's ready today, so be sure you follow our podcast. Just look for Rick Burgess Show wherever you get podcasts, and then follow that. Also, don't forget Blaze TV. You get an hour of the show on an archive every day, a best of hour. But YouTube also has a video archive every single day of the show. So those are all your options. The live options include all of our great stations on the radio network, our tune in app, and also a live option on the YouTube channel as well. Okay, so a couple of updates we have here tru Trump, So a couple of Trump updates. Today, Trump scores a major win against Gavin Newsom. This is about who controls the National Guard with all of the riots and the anarchy that has been happening in Los Angeles. The courted unanimous the Ninth Court of Appeals, which is not always friendly to conservatives, but they voted unanimous that the president actually has control of the National Guard troops no matter where they're deployed, and we have not had a president that has deployed the National Guard without the permission of the state's governor since nineteen sixty five. But the Ninth Court of Appeals, the Circuit Court of Appeals, said the president does have that power. So Trump hasn't decided exactly what he's going to do, but now we know he does have the power to do it, even if Gavin.
Speaker 9: Newsom says no. So so that that that's a that's a big decision today.
Speaker 2: What's gonna happen with our involvement with a RN Trump says he'll let us know within two weeks. He wants to give a chance for negotiation. So the Press secretary, Caroline is it Levitt says everything. Yeah, Caroline Levitt, She said, I want to be perfectly clear, this is directly from the President, and I quote, based on the fact that there's a substantial chance of negotiations that may or may not take place with a run in the near future. I will make my decision whether or not to go within whether whether or not to go within the next two weeks, meaning will we get involved in and provide the bombers and the bombs for Israel to be dropped on Iran. Remember, remember that he's been very clear. She went on, quote, remember when Iran had the sixty days that he gave them and they did not respond. So on day sixty one, Israel took action. So he says, when the president gives these kind of windows for negotiation, they don't go on forever.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and a lot of the military talking heads have said that too. This two weeks gives him time to make sure we have everything in order. So if we decide, hey, we're doing it, we're prepared. We got everything in place.
Speaker 9: So that's that's kind of the update there.
Speaker 2: Also, the White House Secretary went on to push back against Representative Jasmine Crockett, a Democrat from Texas. She accused President Donald Trump supporters of being sick and mentally ill.
Speaker 12: Yeah, she said, we got a mental illness problem in the US and she was referring to anybody that would support Trump.
Speaker 2: Yes, So the Press Secretary said this was incredibly derogatory to accuse nearly eighty million Americans of mental illness. She said, the last time I checked, Jasmine Crockett couldn't dream of winning such a majority of the public like President Trump.
Speaker 9: Did, and I would agree with that.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, that was a She's a I've watched Jasmine and God love her. If I came in and I sat down and someone said, Rick, we understand you have some expertise to determine who's menly ill eighty million Americans or this idiot. Yeah, and I probably would rule it. I'll probably go against Jasmine.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Jasmine would not get many of those.
Speaker 2: We also we also didn't get a chance to talk about this yesterday. We mentioned it off the air, but it was a news story yesterday that the Los Angeles Lakers. Yeah about that, I'm going to sell for ten ten billion dollars.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we were doing some numbers, Greg and I the other day the bus family went.
Speaker 2: I think they bought in.
Speaker 12: It was sixty and I might be wrong if my memory six sixty seven, sixty seven, sixty eight million, maybe like that. And they're selling their steak for and there's some other things that.
Speaker 9: Are with it, like in the ownership of the Forum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the Forum.
Speaker 12: And I want to say and then one other I forget anyway, but ten billion, that's ten billion billion.
Speaker 2: That's quite the turnover there. Turner Ate.
Speaker 12: Now he had he's passed, so I believe his daughter has been in charge of everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wow.
Speaker 5: So people have been talking about the investment that he made.
Speaker 8: And if he had actually put it just in the S and P five hundred, it actually would have been worth thirteen billion over that time period. But then sports guys are saying, you know, ten rings or seven rings or whatever. I forget how many that they got in that time period to be part of all that, and so it's like it was worth it that kind of thing. But as far as actually beating the S and P, that that investment did not beat this, right, which tells you time in the market.
Speaker 5: It's all it's all about investing, is time in the market.
Speaker 2: Well, let me ask you this from a house question to see where you're going with that. So are you saying if I bought the Lakers and say the Lakers are a home, okay or some property, and I bought it for ten billion, do I have any equity? Are you saying it could be worth thirteen billion? The based on performance in the past, the the.
Speaker 8: If they had put that I think sixty eight million or whatever. If they had just instead of buying the Lakers at the time, that they bought.
Speaker 5: The Lakers instead. If they have just put that in the S and P.
Speaker 8: Five hundred, it would have been worth thirteen billions instead of the ten billion that they're selling.
Speaker 2: The understand. Okay, you're just saying they're the original investment. But but you don't you get all you don't get all the championship, get all the Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's a lot more fun owing and owning an NBA team that it is just having your money sit in the market.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Text Nation, you got to take stupid ten billion, right.
Speaker 12: Magic Johnson said that when when he saw what the Celtics sold for, he knew that this was going to be big, even bigger, you know. And the Celtics sold for what six billion or six billion?
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 5: It was in nineteen seventy nine.
Speaker 9: Of course, Now can you take that ten billion and be profitable going forward?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I think so?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Oh yeah.
Speaker 9: Maybe I guess so. If not, you have million, you have money to burn.
Speaker 2: Schador Sanders, Hey, hey, hey you door. NFL rookie did not appear in court after his speeding ticket didn't come tickets tickets too.
Speaker 9: Fast on the field.
Speaker 2: Off he was he was pulled over going one hundred and one miles per hour in a sixty mile hour zone.
Speaker 5: So there we go.
Speaker 2: Uh and he had a court appearance if he had not paid it, I guess, or have that works there in Ohio. Uh And he did not show up. So Hm said he was pulled over on June the six, according to the court records and apparently going that fast. He was supposed to come to court but did not show. So she d her off to a quick starts doing on the field. Off the field not so good.
Speaker 5: Well, that's so good.
Speaker 2: Here we go, should do he?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: So we'll say we'll come back the number to be part of the program, eight eight eight, the number six big box. When we come back, we'll hit a couple of hay Bird Hayburge emails. Some good discussion there, so we'll look at that when the show continues after this.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show bloodcasting from the real world, The Rick Budget Show.
Speaker 2: That's us said we aren't here. Thank you for being with us America. Do you have a home that you need to sell quickly? Well, the name says it all sell my house fast. They can get it done. Have has something happened? Has it? The company just told you you're relocating. Maybe you've inherited a home, Maybe you have a tenant you really don't want. Maybe you're going through a nasty divorce. Maybe behind on taxes, you're trying to avoid flow foreclosure. Whatever the case may be. If you need to move a home fast, these are the people to do it. There'll be no real estate don't worry about the real estate agent. You won't have to pay them any commission or anything like that. They'll handle you, know, if your stuff needs to be moved out of the house, if there's repairs that need to be done on the house, whatever it is, they'll handle it all. Look at Google five star reviews everywhere. So that's sell my house fast call one eight hundred seven three four zero five zero four one eight hundred seven three four zero five zero four. Put them to work for you, and also sell my house fast. That number I just gave you can also be found if you'll to simply go to Rick burgesshow dot com and look there under the sponsors button. You can also find that information. So hopefully, if you're in that situation, they're the answer. Let's go to the emails they've got. I may not hit them all right here, but we've got we've got some good hayburd hay burge. No surprise. The audience anticipating and concerned about Speedy going over to Douglas, Georgia next week for Larry quest uh and spending the night with Larry the Patchman and his wife Carolyn.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 9: This is from Caleb hey burge.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 2: This is for Speedy. Worst case scenario. What if Speedy becomes a p o L prisoner of Larry, ends up living out his days having to pretend to be a husky and pulling Larry around on the sled. That's funny and is fed Simon when he's a good boy. He's a good boy and you're.
Speaker 9: Don't forget that he loves some huskins though.
Speaker 2: I'm going to ride him so but he can Speedy can look at the good side. He'll never have to pay for a mill again. Okay, please, I'm begging you be sure Speedy has a safe word. Yeah, and I think we said it was what do we say? No? It was?
Speaker 17: Uh?
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 5: Come on, I can't spend the tin man is in the attic, you know, something like that against the door.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Speedy has to be a husky pool around on the picture, just husky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it was something from a movie. What was remember what it was? Even said, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 5: Talking about we're going to need a bigger boat. Something you needed. We need to make a new one because we forgot the old one.
Speaker 2: No, but then we're gonna forget this one. Yeah, I remember what do we say? Friday? Now, what's my name?
Speaker 7: Greg?
Speaker 5: I said, was thank you? Because in the Book of Eli, there's the people that eat people.
Speaker 2: That's correct, now, Larry and them not gonna eat me.
Speaker 9: And and it's doublin Georgia, not Douglas, I said, Douglas.
Speaker 2: Doublin George ring Calvin to Dublin. He's got a bit of Irish in and we can tell it, okay. When he had some hair was red. It was red.
Speaker 8: It was red.
Speaker 9: So it's gonna be all right, I think.
Speaker 2: Look in my community, that's the sweetest little family, little couple.
Speaker 9: It always appears, so was the couple in the Book of Eli.
Speaker 2: Hey bird.
Speaker 5: But their hands were shaking in that hands were shaking.
Speaker 2: But you know me, I'm eating human.
Speaker 12: It's it's the Sometimes I'm okay with just conversation it's the wrap up and then the hello that gets me.
Speaker 9: There's gonna be a lot of conversation because you're gonna be there.
Speaker 12: Man, it's the wrap up. I'm going to bed, and then I hear you know, people walking around. Then it's the wake up. When do I open the door?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: Speedy shuts the door, guys, good night Speedy, and I'll a sudden Speedy pulls the door too from the inside, and just as he's eizing over to the bed, here, oh man, what happened? And you go back to the door.
Speaker 9: And he's locked from the outside.
Speaker 2: Good night, Speedy. Let you out in the morning. You got me, I'm saying, I'm gonna let you out in the morning.
Speaker 5: It's for their safety annually.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's another thing. We're not thinking about their view. They got some stranger comes stay in their house. They may be nervous. M hm da.
Speaker 8: Do you still sleep walk, Speedy? Are you still having night terrors? Or you still having nico? Y'all stop doing in your sleep.
Speaker 2: I get the corner.
Speaker 9: It's fun because y'all aren't going I'm still in beds.
Speaker 12: Somebody said, a good one. What if the room they're giving me they're giving up their their their room for me. O.
Speaker 8: My grandma does that when we say in her house, you don't want to really in grandma's bed, Yes, she prefers.
Speaker 2: It that way.
Speaker 9: No, I know, I don't want to know.
Speaker 2: I want to go to bed that nobody sleeps in this guest. As soon as I guess leaves, they change the sheets, and I don't want anything. I don't want any bedroom or something could have been going on in there. Rig No, I don't want to be in there. Right, you're crazy?
Speaker 9: Yeah, you don't want to like laying the bed and fell the former your grandma's body.
Speaker 2: Mattress has got shoulders right there, hey, especially if your grandaddy is still alive. Right, Rick, Hey, I don't want to be in there.
Speaker 1: I'm just telling you the world.
Speaker 2: Is right yep. Should I offer to bring my own sleeping bag and just sleep on top of the covers?
Speaker 23: Petie, I've got something cut Larry's pout? Did you bring my pillout? Just tabbing Larry's pellout?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 5: Straight up?
Speaker 8: A lot of times as these as as as couples age, they will sometimes sleep in separate beds because just because of the complications like that, Wait a minute. So I think you're probably sleeping in Carolyn's what carolyn bed? It could be Carolyn's bed.
Speaker 2: No, so let me get hold, Let me get this right, y'all got them kidnapping me? Yes, and and not let me out sleeping in separate? No, don't leave, don't leave out living as a husky and putting their on your sleeves or I mean, what if everything gets caught in you here?
Speaker 9: What if you go crazy? Hey, buddy, you know that's what I'm concerned.
Speaker 2: Happen with one on one night?
Speaker 9: Believe what if I.
Speaker 10: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Im? But hey, look what if?
Speaker 9: What if? What if you heard Carolyn singing the song patches?
Speaker 2: I'm depending on your lair?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: Everybody stopped of the morning and discomfort when he did, no one to come out? Listen walking around?
Speaker 5: What do you wait for the smell of food?
Speaker 2: Well, you gotta go.
Speaker 5: You you need to a range of time. I think that way to open the door.
Speaker 2: And like he's smoking. There's two cats on the table.
Speaker 9: Come on, get you one of these black and Mile, Larry. We're having fun. Larry's Will Larry smoke a black and Mile with you in the house?
Speaker 2: Probably?
Speaker 9: Yeah, he'll shot gun you.
Speaker 5: No, it'll be fine, it'll be great. You'll feel odd at times.
Speaker 8: You'll you'll have to sit and just listen speak. He's gonna just have to sit and listen. Try to figure out what's going on in the house. If he's allowed to exit his door, his room, right, that'll happen.
Speaker 9: Speedy, just sitting and listening.
Speaker 5: Just see if you have a green light.
Speaker 9: Are the lambs still screaming?
Speaker 2: Speed scares the rightious alive? Be fine, good, it's gonna be gonna be I don't want to offend them. We're just having fun with them for you know, what if you what if you got there in the voice he is doing fake He's like, hello, spitty, welcome, well.
Speaker 1: He is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 5: We're back.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being with us, every one of you, especially you Greg, all right, thanks for being with us America. The size of that got three day three. You know what it tells me. Just so y'all know if you're in there by the microwave, k nobody here, No, we're in the hall where there maye I didn't even faintly hear you and not even say anything.
Speaker 9: We all don't even care about it.
Speaker 2: I was looking at the time.
Speaker 9: I was like, wow, now I'm the keeper of time.
Speaker 2: I saw me. So as we as we work our way back, things you need to know. So coming up this weekend episode five Strange Encounters. It is our new podcast. Look for it wherever you get podcasts. Speaking of all the things we just discussed, this is real.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: This is the study of the supernatural of angels and demons. Tom Carr our guest, he's been investigating this stuff for a long long time, nearly forty years. We talked to him about some of the straight up encounters that he had. Like say, Tom and I did not agree on everything, but nothing. I mean we had a good conversation and it was very informative. And I think you will enjoy it, well enjoy maybe the I think you'll be interested. It's it's this is you know when you think about people that are really enjoying this, this podcast, that the word enjoy you know, you think, well, am I enjoying it?
Speaker 9: Or am I just intrigued by it?
Speaker 17: All?
Speaker 2: Right? It's it's provocative and well here's what we wanted to be. Wanted to be informative, we wanted to be help. Yeah, So so grab that this weekend. Also another episode of Rick and Bubba's Greatest Hits in Radio Goal to be out this weekend.
Speaker 9: We're now like twenty.
Speaker 2: Three episodes, I think as of this weekend.
Speaker 9: So go back and enjoy that. Do you ever when people go back and enjoy those?
Speaker 14: Is it?
Speaker 2: Do you ever get like sometimes an email and people are talking about something, You're like, well, that didn't happen. Then you realize it was them listening to something that's well and then and then you podcast people that are just podcast people on the daily archive of this show. Yeah, I mean, y'all track behind, you know, a month and you're asked us questions about things that were in the past, and I will tell I'm going to tell you this, and and I'm not. I mean, I know that we've all gotten older, but it's beyond that. I think it's just there's only so much your mind can do. We heads, we we crank out so much content. It go by. It goes in and out so fast, unless it's monumental. I mean a lot of times will get I'm not speaking for y'all, but I think I already know it's probably the same. I mean, if it gets three o'clock in the afternoon, and my own wife says, well, tell me, how was the show today?
Speaker 9: I'm like, I know it, it felt like you could.
Speaker 2: What did y'all do?
Speaker 9: I don't, I don't really know.
Speaker 2: She'll asked me about a particular thing, and I'm.
Speaker 9: Like, from that same way, that same way, from that day.
Speaker 11: A lot.
Speaker 2: And says, how do you not remember that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Aaron asked me yesterday? So how was how was the show yesterday? How was work yesterday?
Speaker 8: And I was like I had to think for a second, and then I remembered, well, you know how we have a long walk to the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Well, I brought the.
Speaker 8: Scooter into the shop forgotten that and then we called it the pooper scooter because it gets us to the bathroom and back really fast.
Speaker 5: Right. And then she just looked at me like she had so many just regrets in life.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, we moved on to another living for our family. Yea, and that that and you just hit it, both of you.
Speaker 2: That's those moments when you try to make a case to your family you actually have a real job, and something like that is always a setback. Yep, that's kind of hurt. They're like, that's not a real job. That's a bunch of guys hanging out. That's a bunch of guys hanging out.
Speaker 9: You're riding scooters.
Speaker 2: I remember my wife was fun. My wife said that sometimes. She said, you your work is camp house. Yeah, you're just going to hanging out with the guys every day and y'all goof off and somebody has to cut a mic on.
Speaker 9: That's a good point, so true.
Speaker 2: I mean making up is hard, it is, and you know what, there's there's clients that depend on us. We do have things we have to do. I mean, you have to create revenue with this. That's there's a lot of pressure with that.
Speaker 9: And we're not done at ten. Like everybody thinks.
Speaker 5: Everybody thinks, gut to here at ten oh one.
Speaker 2: This is a fun time. And like I've said, I love when that person at the grocery store thinks that the first person ever say.
Speaker 3: That must be notice get off with them, you know, yeah, but I got there he left at twelve. Yeah there, wish I had a job one a five out, you know what, I'm just.
Speaker 2: Well, they're ugly, come right with this one. Yeah they are most of the time they are. I'll say people that are attractive. Don't say things like that. Do not as not as am speaking in generality, I mean not painfully, but somewhat slight. Well, right, you know when we did the picture, right, I'm off about that guy right, just a little years lower the other ones, you know.
Speaker 9: Them forceps got him when he was born?
Speaker 5: Have you?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: No, no no, did you say he was born? It's like one hear be a.
Speaker 5: Little lower than.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows. Yeah, but.
Speaker 16: You just sound.
Speaker 2: But the uh no, But if you because we've all been in this conversation before, because you got to watch for it like I handle this. Oh no.
Speaker 5: The world that's not good. The world, the world that we live in.
Speaker 2: Okay, the world that we live in is a blessing. Something the sentence is a blessing, and it's happening here in a little while. We we are blessed to interact with a lot of people. Now, you take this and then you take it into the you know, which is great. The ministry side of it then takes me into and us into all kinds of situations where you're meeting other people and speaking and talking, and then it's and then and then if you're really involved in your church. It'll even take you into interacting with more people, even counseling people, talking people through things. And I even had a situation a little bit yesterday is I always go into problem solving mode, either people who saying, hey, i'd like some advice, or hey, there's some sort of misunderstanding, and you try to get in there with all these interactions and you're talking to people, and there's always the first assumption that the person you're talking to is completely with us, everything's perfectly fine, normal, and you think, well, the good that means this is gonna be kind of easy to maneuver through. And then there's always maybe a side comment, like you said, Greg, maybe a look on the face, maybe something in the eyes, you go as far as you say something in the where the ears are placed, well, no where you realize if you ever have this go off that and I have it, it's just a little bit of an alarm that goes off, oh little off. So really, everything that I thought would be effective isn't going to be because I didn't take into account could be a little off. And then when you ret the flag you're holding up, Yeah, it's almost like an Indian feather because you know those are my people, right, And it's like it's a feather of concern and it pops up says oh, like the wind blows the feather, and it's like the feather gets oh, this person's a little off. And then you realize, well, now, if this person's a little off, then everything I may be trying may not be working.
Speaker 9: I got to adjust.
Speaker 2: I got to adjust now to the way I handle people who are a little bit off. And it is a different approach. At times, it can be freeing because you realize that everything that you think you're gonna have to go through isn't going to work anyway, So you just kind of then you kind of get into the I'm a little bit off conversation, which at that point you just jump on for the ride.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it is a little bit freek because you're like, okay, because I'm usually worried about being the weird one in the conversation and time, yeah, and I should worry about that.
Speaker 5: It is kind of friend like, you know what, this is kind of nice. I can relax. I'm not going to be the weird one in the conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, and then the one one that's really good he's a confident to himself or not. I remember what one of your favorites, Greg, if you remember this one, I was I had engaged someone that was liked what we did very thank you very much, and brought up some you know, a little bit of a situation they had, and I said, well, yeah, well here's what I would suggest. And as I as I started going down that road and I was ready to give a lot of energy, he then said, hey, you like peanut butter sandwhich is do you remember this one vaguely? And I said, well sure, right in the middle of it, and he said, you know, I invented that. He invented it. And I went, I think so that that's probably true, you know that, father, Yeah, and feather feathers up. He just told me invented the peanut butter sandwich. And we know that's not true. And when it was George, usually when they say something like that that that sounds off, that's when you look for the eyes, you know, because the eyes, the eyes can't they can't let it lie, they can't stay where they are, like watch me right here, talk to me like you're trying to help me, and I'll show what I'm talking about tell me I almost say, yeah, you know, I'm trying to find a job, and you know, I don't know if you know, I should you know, what's the best approach with that? Now? Just try to give me something about it?
Speaker 12: Well, I mean, you know, you can keep working out peanut butter sandwiches just like that, uh, that quick sandwich, and then well, yeah, I love peanut butter sandwiches. I invented that, you said, My eyes.
Speaker 2: Eyes slightly crossed. Yeah, they just they move and they come back to yeah, are there flair are yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, And that's when you know, okay, I probably don't want to go down this whole die tribe about job searching. Yeah, because wasting time.
Speaker 9: Yeah, soon, if he invented the peanutburg sandwich, he should be doing.
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 2: You know, you can always say I don't think this person is gonna take what I'm saying and apply Yeah. No, yeah, right, yeah, it's it's and then Adler gave a whole new view. It frees you from thinking you're the most awkward person in the conversation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's nice.
Speaker 2: A good break. Oh no, I gotta look at Larry's eyes now.
Speaker 9: Only when you talk about Harley's.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. God fearing and America loving the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being with us, America. Now you got the Rick Burgess Show our website Rick Burgess Show dot com. All right, So we saw this on text Nation. Some others are asking about asking us about it, and honestly, I don't know, and I've even it seems like Greg is not.
Speaker 9: Aware of it either.
Speaker 6: She is odd.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so some of you and if you if you know the information and we always can get it from you, you can text it or you can just call us and we can do phone calls here. Eight eight eight the number six big Vox Bubba Bubba Wallace, the NASCAR driver has said something about NASCAR needs to reconsider and maybe think about changing the white flag and why. I don't know what's offensive about one lap to go.
Speaker 12: When I saw the text Nation, like Rick said, I started like looking into it and the only thing I can see is that he suggests the sport reevaluate the white flag, which signals the final lap. He cites it's a controversy, controversial symbol and symbolism and historical context, saying that NASCAR should be open to evolving with the times, and I quote here, it's not about erasing history. Wallash reportedly told a reporter, it's about being mindful of what the symbol means to people.
Speaker 2: Now it does.
Speaker 12: It means there's one lap, the suggestion of polarized fans, some calling it a bold step towards inclusion. Others say it's bloke nonsense. Others say he's the angel Race of Nascar.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm missing what you got to give me the definition of what makes it offense? Yeah, I wish just say this white flag needs me. I went educate me. I may not know something because I thought the white flag, you got the surrender and we've heard of that and one lap to go. That's the only thing I've ever heard about. Some people are saying that this is not true. Okay, that that is made up. It's made up. It's a satire page. Okay, that is you know, because it's what Okay, maybe that's it. I can get it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, because it's black. I forgot because there's no way that that he would say that.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I can't find a legit story on it, and I've looked pretty hard. Here elite Gridiron is the one that had the story.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 12: And I even went back and tried to do some research on the white flag. I can't find like a legit news story on it.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I think they're just being a parody showing how ridiculous that would be. Yeah, like almost a Babylon be thing. Yeah. Okay, So those of you that were worried about that, and even some of you comment on it, it sounds like that that that's not true, and we did a lot of research on it. I think that's just a joke.
Speaker 9: Because again, you've never heard of anything to with the white flag.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and it doesn't say it. It goes way on back in history. I'm talking about way on back, Romans, Egyptians, everything, looking at the history of the white flag. Let's uh, let's go to the phone. So we're gonna we're gonna.
Speaker 9: Rule fake story. Yeah, to the phones we go.
Speaker 2: Uh, this is unscreen phone calls and your opportunity to talk about whatever you want to. Now you're gonna hear ringing. Uh, and then you're gonna here answer and off we go and we screen them on the fly and we'll get started. Hello, Welcome to the Rick Burger Show. You're on unscreened phone calls.
Speaker 19: Go right ahead, Good morning, This is Baker up in Kentucky.
Speaker 9: Baker, how's everything in Kentucky today?
Speaker 19: And you well, lots of rain since February, but we're making it.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 19: I tell you what, speedy. I've got a lot of concerns. You should have so many red flags going off right now, and the Indian feathers should probably be broken off because it's been so far. Yeah, listen, with this Hoby thing going on, I think he's moving in on your family. And then you're taking this trip over to Georgia. This has the makings of a lifetime movie.
Speaker 2: Really gosh, Yeah, I know, you know in the movie when you have two stories going yeah, the Holy Story and you got the travel over there.
Speaker 12: So you know, just when you you know, when you start a project and we've talked about this and you get so far into the project that now there's no return.
Speaker 2: You got to finish it. There's stuff everywhere, and you know, everything's a mess, and you're like, well, I gotta finish. Well, that's kind of where we are with this unscreen phone calls. You're on the Rick Burgers Show. Go ahead, Hey.
Speaker 13: Yeah. If you go to the Lait Gridiron to their Facebook page, it actually on their like description it shows that they are a satire page.
Speaker 2: I guess, yeah, that's that's what we were looking at. Yeah, that's good. People just kept texting it. I was like, I don't know about this.
Speaker 9: Rick Burgers Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead, Hey, this.
Speaker 10: Is Danny and I'm just calling about a pub in New York called O'Hara's Pub and Restaurant and it is a patch mecca.
Speaker 13: The whole walls are.
Speaker 10: Covered in patches. Oh saying, y'all need to send my man Larry. Yes, a patch play up in New York. It is covered looking up and looking up O'Hara's.
Speaker 23: Take me a speedy in New York City for I can see the patch restaurant.
Speaker 5: Larry look at that.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm sorry, Larry. I really do think he'd pass out. That's the biggest.
Speaker 9: Too much for Larry. That's a lot of patches, a lot speedy go up that restaurant, spending out with him? Whyn't it?
Speaker 2: We continue and crazy stuff. Rick Argers Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead, Hey.
Speaker 18: This is all of a sudden, there's going good, go ahead, backing up, don't hey, now I'm going forward right now.
Speaker 2: Some sums backing up on you concerning.
Speaker 18: The Israel situation. And you know, mister Trump is saying that he's going to decide within two weeks how exactly does like the War Powers Resolution and things like that come into too effect.
Speaker 9: Because it's Yeah, so he's asking a serious question with the beeper. God, I'm afraid that thing was going to hit himhile we're talking.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 12: He only has to have Congressional approval. I believe if there was, if there's boots on the ground or soldiers or whatever, if it's just an airstrike, he doesn't.
Speaker 8: Yes, And it limits deployments to sixty days with a possible thirty day withdrawal period unless Congress authorizes further action.
Speaker 2: Greg bab that's the answer. He was looking for. Some good job guys. Hey, Rick birders show unscreen phone calls. Go ahead.
Speaker 13: So on the white flag things, I hate y'all brought it up because now the seat's been planted and somebody's gonna.
Speaker 18: Take it and run.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I know you're right, Yeah, but yeah, we get it. I think we put it to bed. I mean within about three sentences. Yes, yeah, but nobody listens to her point. No, well, we'll continue to get emails. Have y'all heard Oh yeah, Rick Birger's show unscreen phone calls go ahead.
Speaker 21: Hey is this Rick?
Speaker 2: Uh speedy Greg after the whole game?
Speaker 18: Hey, this is Kit Davis.
Speaker 21: I'm in k rou Georgia. Hey, Rick, I uh was at Fort McClellan back in the mid nineties when we did Armed Forces Day, and I remember trying to get you up in the helicopter when the Silver Knights parachuted. I don't know if you remember that or not.
Speaker 9: I remember the Golden Knights. I don't remember the Silver Knights.
Speaker 2: I know that that Bubba and I went up went up with the Golden Knights, but it wasn't in a helicopter, I don't believe, but I do remember it.
Speaker 21: Was this was it was ninety It had to have been ninety seven, maybe ninety eight, And I remember I tried to get you up, but the Potts wouldn't let you get in there.
Speaker 18: I was so upset about that. Oh yeah, oh I haven't. I haven't been able to call it listen.
Speaker 2: To showing you that. I well, I'm glad you're back. Sorry your phone broke up there. Yeah, well, I'm thanks for trying to make that happen. I don't recall that, but it didn't. That doesn't mean it didn't happen because you you remember it. I certainly trust your opinion, and we were involved in those kinds of things. So good to hear from you. Glad at your back. Top of the hour.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, America. Are you ready for more of the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Show America. Another I'm Speedie, Greg Andler all here you hang it out with you for another one the box seats coming our way later Burgess Ball Battle and we'll get it. Look the last one thousand dollars thousand dollars, So we'll see what happens coming up later in the program. Today, so we kind of updated you about the weekend Strange Encounters. That new podcast has a fifth episode coming out this weekend, and also another episode, I think episode twenty three of Rick and Bubba's greatest hit, Some Radio Gold, all out this weekend too. Wherever you get podcasts, so be sure you follow those podcasts, and be sure you follow our daily podcast, which is an archive of the Daily Show.
Speaker 9: Just search Rick Burger's show as well. Okay, so.
Speaker 2: That's funny. Yesterday I told you guys that my beautiful wife is going to be hosting some some ladies and they're going to spend some time at the farm beginning today and then come probably half a day tomorrow. And I was asked yesterday if I would would come down to the farm because Sherry's realized that one of the women that is coming is also bringing her daughter, and her daughter wants to fish, and Sherry, Sherry's about when it comes to fishing. I mean, she'll fish here and there, but not a lot. She's probably a five on fishing.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 2: If if we're down there fishing, her participation is rare and usually not for a very long period of time, but she she'll do it if there's a fund zone going on. And she said, it just dawned on me that you won't be here to help us like get fish off the hook and and help us with the rods. And I said that that is correct, babe, And she said, well, that's going to kind of be on me. Then I said that that that that would be also or somebody you know, or somebody else and maybe some of the ladies, maybe the ladies that are coming. And we're not talking about lot. It's just like I think, you know, different different people coming at different times. And I said, but you're probably gonna need to run through and you know it, you know, and we have you know, we got you basic zep Co thirty threes.
Speaker 9: You know that that's pretty easy to operate.
Speaker 2: I try. I'm trying to go with some sort of rig that is not live bait or anything like that. But and I'm trying to keep them in the brim world, you know. But again that's a smaller mouth. But but that also means they don't really swallow it a lot usually don't have to deal with much of that. And so so we go down go down there yesterday, you know, I got Wing go with me, and we had lunch and I said, hey, man, I gotta go over here and check on camp house and let's kind of check on the land. And and Sherry's going is over there, you know, getting the little she shack cleaned up and all that, and so she also wants me to show her I'm gonna get some rigs to together for them to fish. Yeah, and when he goes like, I'll help you with that to be great. And a lot of times we go enough we go to each other's land, we'll work on it. And so a couple of things that you know yesterday I just got I was just almost like handy crazy, this new handy thing with me.
Speaker 9: I mean, I'm fixing things left and right.
Speaker 2: I mean it's a walk in the first thing I see is when the vehicles has a low tire. Of course, you know, being handy, I spotted it and uh I said, whoa, whoa wa, we can't get in this vehicle right right front. It's a little low and so it uh huh. And so I went over to the uh I said, with the ag drive right with it low like that. And I go over to to the air compressure that we have there in the little garage area, and I got the of course, the apparatus that you put on it that will connect to the actual tire. Uh there on the valve apparatus. In the handy world, we call it a valve. And and so uh I said, hang on a minute, let me get this on the hose, you know. And that's that's a process you know, you have to you have to push it down, stick it down there, let it off and make sure it connects. And then then I got I flipped it on and I said, everybody stand back just a minute. You had to watch handless air compressure. And so I got down there and I took the cap off the valve and connected it and and made sure I had good airflow. Uh, and the tire, of course, you know, it was inflated and then and not many people can do this. Only the most more you know, advanced handy people, is that when I was done with that, you know you want to now release it from the actual hose, and so you you release it, and when you do, it'll shoot in the air, and you got to be careful with it. And of course I can shoot it in there and catch it and then set it back up there and then put the hose back where it was and turned off. I said, that's fixed. And so we're in there working on some rods. And now did you wear your new boots?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 1: You better.
Speaker 2: So it's a little you talking about my new endorsement, I get bright. Yeah, you're talking about the new company that saw me as a rising handyman brunt doing a few endorsements for them now where they're hat and so as I as I'm getting ready to go around the corner, I look outside, you know, and Sherry's got you know, those these lights now she has in front of the string lights in front of the barn that.
Speaker 9: Hey looks like a bunch of gypsies though down here.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, what do you what? So I looked, and when the guy wires had come up, it'd come up the graham. I look around, and of course I find the steak you know, that keeps the guy wire to be sure they don't topple over in storms. I look around and Wingo says, well, you're gonna you're gonna need it. Don't even say it. Hammer and uh, And I said, He goes, if you got a hammer? And I said, and and I go in there, I said, these stand back and I walk around back where the vehicles are and find a hammer under some stuff and bring it back out. And I said, Wingo said you want me to I said, Gary. Then here comes Gary. Hey, you're gonna do it, Just let me do it tomorrow. I'll do it tomorrow. That's Gary's word, tomorrow. He says, tomorrow more than Annie in the Broadway play.
Speaker 17: And and so.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow, tomorrow, I'll get to it, came Iro. Uh, and so so anyway, okay, reference but a good one.
Speaker 9: Yeah, thank you. Uh, you gotta be you gotta stay with me.
Speaker 2: And so I said, Gary said, hey, you each gonna hammer that thing back in and around like it? I said, no, Gary, I said, you're gonna need it at an angle. Well yeah, I said, well I'm want hammered in there. Now, will let me hold it? Don't you hit my hand now, man? And so so I hammered that back in there, and guy Wire fixed. So, uh, that's two things I find I just fixed on the phone. I might need to get wing on the phone.
Speaker 9: Wingo. He said, what you could tell he was impressed?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bet that he was right until I waited toil he cranked destruck that all fell apart. But anyway, so so now we we go talk to Sherry and get her in the vehicle. And I said, baby, let's go over here and let's talk about fishing. So I've got two Zepco thirty threes. And then I did have one open face real but I said, maybe we'll see and picturing with his boots on talking. So we get over. I said, let's let's let's I showed her how to cast. I remind her how to cast, and she she was a natural. She can't, she can't. I said, baby, you got to bring it in a little quicker. Don't let it sink to the Come on, start this mediums Do you wanted it to be reading in faster? Medium or slow? I said, baby, you need to meet him a little faster. Well, if it's faster than that, that's not medium. You should have said fast. Keep your raw tip down, baby, you you pulled in the little rope out of the water. We get to get your raw tip down. And well, what do you mean you talk? I said, baby, just get your raw tip down? And really about medium? Medium to fast? Is it medium or fast? I said, baby, just right there, and the little bass hits it, and I said, okay, bring him in. All right, let's let's get the hook off. Ooh, I don't think I can look at that. I don't think I can look good son, now, baby, tomorrow, this was yesterday, tomorrow, can't be Ooh, I can't look at that. Okay, just uh oh, that's almost by his eye and I'm like it baby, just just back the hook out and she works with a little bit and she gets that done. So that was good.
Speaker 9: I said, there, and I thought it back in. I'm not making this up.
Speaker 2: She throws the bass back in and sure, you know, she's you know, she's she's not a she's not a wallflower, she's not dainty. But yet she's still one hundred percent woman. She'll have these dainty moments. And the and the fish just lands on his side. She goes, ooh, you think he'll be all right? And I said, what are you talking about? I mean, I did I should have put him back in the water softer. I guess he hit right on the water. I said, maybe the fish is fine. We we hit right on his side. And I'm like, he's fine.
Speaker 9: And God, looks he's out of here.
Speaker 2: Do you think I killed it? No, you didn't kill it. And so and I'm trying to get brim to hit and I know what's gonna happen. I'm like, even though they've got these little setups, some and sure enough, she's got the little rod that's gonna be you know, that's even the smallest one. All of a sudden, I don't know why about a pound and a half two pound bass hits that stupid brim thing and I can see it bending the rod, and you know, and all this and and so, and of course I knew what was gonna happen. Now that was gonna be I was gonna be a swallow because it was a big one. You know, it came through and popped it. Uh oh. So we come out and I side it. Here's what we gotta worry about. It's back in the back of his throat. Now what we're gonna do ooh mm hmmm mm hmmm mm hmmm. And she just walks off.
Speaker 9: You can't just walk off, I can. So you're gonna have a ride put up with the dead fish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I said, I said, let go over and get you some flyers. Ooh, plyers, now, yeah, just get they see these pliers he's needing. No pliers that are here in the tackle. Boss. Just you reach in there and just grabbed the Oh I can't look at that. And she just goes on and pick another rod. I said, baby, you can't just leave it. I'm gonna be d laying. I'm not gonna be here. So then I did this, and we remember when you were told this by your granddaddy. Hey, baby, if this happens, just take this knife and just cut it off. Throwing back in. Oh will he be okay? I said, oh yeah that that that that that'll hookill work itself out. He'll be fine. You remember when your grand dad told you, yeah, try to make feel better. I don't think that was true. No, do you remember your working so fall? Yeah? They always they would always say rushed, you're right, they would always say yeah, they'll be just fine. You know, I'm really what you can't swaller, eat anything. What you've done.
Speaker 9: What you've done there is the scavengers go, well, thank you, right, turtles are happy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you know, Uh, she got two hooks out successfully. She walked away from two, which that so I just I finally said, just, and then I showed her how to tie one another little jig thing back on. Where's poor wing going all this? He's just shaking his head And when I looked at him, I said, what do you think? He goes, You're gonna be available tomorrow afternoon, I said, I'll have my phone with me. We'll be right back. Stay clus.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess show. Men don't run in the Rain. The new book by Rick Burch's available now wherever you get books.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty much everywhere now. So thank you and loving your feedback on all that relief Factor relief Factor hate let me tell you that right there the game change your product. The apes and pains of life can be difficult, but with relief Factor you've got these botanicals, You've got fish oil. If the if the problem is due to inflammation, if that, if that's the foundation of the problem, uh that this three week plan will will not just you know, mask the pain. It's going to go to the source of the pain and remove it. And don't forget, it's natural, so you can take it every day. Over the counter stuff not designed for that. There can be some bad side effects if you're over using those. Relief Factor dot Com relief Factor dot com also you want to find that link at Rick Burgess Show dot com under sponsors completely drug free. And for the majority of us who tried the three week plan, and we do three weeks, because it's not gonna happen overnight, you'll know in three weeks whether it's working. The majority of us see outstanding results. So okay, Yeah, the the.
Speaker 12: The our audience. Riggy that last segment, your recap and your perspective. I can only imagine what it was really like. But pertaining to Larry and going. You know the audience.
Speaker 2: These AI songs, people are getting pretty creative. Oh yes they are.
Speaker 5: Yes, someone has written us a song.
Speaker 2: You have you seen this?
Speaker 12: I've listened to maybe thirty seconds of it.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, it starts out. I think bald man tied to an old bed. I think that.
Speaker 24: Rick's quite a power that there's a chicken legging.
Speaker 16: Ball man tied to an old bin somewhere in Doubling and Georgia. His buddies don't know he ain't coming home.
Speaker 5: Someone should have worn there. He'll pretend to be on the new best friend because you rose dictatos.
Speaker 21: When you close your eyes under that.
Speaker 16: George Stey, it's a permanent sy later her.
Speaker 5: He smells slow.
Speaker 16: You know he's close.
Speaker 21: You better get out while you can be aware of the past.
Speaker 20: Man.
Speaker 5: The patchment.
Speaker 20: Is on the wall that's just down the hall, thatches all over the place, speeding those karate cust the dogs that's moving body.
Speaker 2: You'll pretend to be your new bestrill cook you rose ditaters throwing lose her eyes.
Speaker 5: Under that George Sky it's suburb of the sea.
Speaker 16: Later.
Speaker 5: If he smells smoke, you know he's close.
Speaker 2: You better get out while you can. Beware of the patchment that show. Oh hey, I think that is crazy.
Speaker 9: Having may go is. I'm going so real.
Speaker 2: See you later, my goodness, thank you, audience. I think they're gonna be so wonderful audience. Oh that's good.
Speaker 9: Next week, Speedy leaves on Wednesday.
Speaker 12: Right, yeah, post show Wednesday, get there by supper time on Wednesday in the evening and then and then then I'm there live from Larry's. Yeah, and I don't know what time. Y'all want us to check in.
Speaker 2: As soon as possible. Huh, as soon as possible.
Speaker 9: You're gonna be watching multiple check ins.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're not gonna be able to sleep in. You'll be awake as we'll talk to us.
Speaker 2: Patches, thanks works, workplace, best friend. And that's not going with me. Yeah, so, uh, patch man, that's funny. Batches on the wall from from the text line kind of back to what we were just talking about. Yeah, I don't understand the text line. Uh, Ricky noticing the Mando commercials. You say, us working guys, that's a good point. Yeah, hello, we've all noticed that. What if I just hello, yeah, hello? I mean, is everybody not paying attention what's happening here? The more we are, actually, the more handy I become, the more manly products are buying our show. Here comes a brunt, Here comes Mando. Where were those That's a good point.
Speaker 5: They know it.
Speaker 2: I didn't get those endorsement deals before I start getting handy, like now now I'm working with my hands. You're gonna get sued for false advertising.
Speaker 5: Rick, My goodness, were you there?
Speaker 16: Have you?
Speaker 2: Have you been there?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 2: Things not operating things now operating things not not where they're doing what they're supposed to do, now doing it?
Speaker 5: You you use now tire pump. You used a tire pump.
Speaker 2: Pump, air compressure, air phace of equipment, valve stem stem valve stem, the little the little condition thing that I did, text to the hose. I did textures kind of metal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Like a spaceman texted Wingo in the break and said, Rick claims his hand he whips I know that was his response. Yeah, yeah, I know a lot of y'all trying to drag Wingo into this. He doesn't care what it's kind folious, you know what you didn't do and waiting for him to get it in this car. I thought that was nice.
Speaker 9: He's worried about that's what he said.
Speaker 25: Greg.
Speaker 9: Yep, Greg's done that to me before.
Speaker 2: We'll come back. More emails from you the audience when we returned. Hey bird, a bird coming up.
Speaker 1: This is the rick Burgess Show, people, and let the whole world know that you listen to the rick Burgers Show. Cool merchandise is available now. Just go to Rickburgershow dot com that click shop.
Speaker 9: Yeah, go out there.
Speaker 8: Let the whole world know.
Speaker 2: That's right. I'm hanging out with burging the guys loving it so as we come back. One of the ways you can reach us is always email. Merge. How do I email everybody? What's simple. You just go to rick Burgershow dot com and you look there where it says the team. Click on that there's everybody's picture, including when Adler approved of himself, and you'll see all the different ways to follow accurate to follow us on social media, and you'll see the email there as well. Just click right there and if you want yours to be considered for for the area to say, hey bird.
Speaker 5: Emails roll and then, but we ain't turning the fox in the house. You're turning it louder, the crag. The answers flow, email.
Speaker 8: Stacks, Hi, we're on the goad, birds on the mic, no time to stall.
Speaker 7: We're taking control. We're inting them all. Hey Charlie, Hey birds, Hey Bird. I am Charlie, but female. Okay, loving the new show, and I find that I can draft with Greg on a lot of topics. Charlie, girl, Charlie, I wouldn't say that, just run anybody, things such as how bad one thousand pounds Sisters was this week?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 2: And also the Dell Junior download. What brings me to my email topic is my my little tift I now have with Speedy. Oh any I mentioned Speedy mentions golf. He always uses golfer's first names exclusively and gets and gets made in fun of for talking about them though they're like they're on first name basis. I've noticed the last few times this has happened, he tries to retaliate Greg by saying, you called Dell Junior Delle Junior. My response to this is duh Deale junior build an entire career in brand On being junior exclusively, not to be confused with his dad. He's full name. He's literally the share of NASCAR. Therefore, this example is not a comparison name. I want Speedy to stop using it. Greg wants to use everybody's full name. It's not his full name.
Speaker 9: I didn't say that. You ask why golf fans and not just you.
Speaker 2: Every golf fan I've ever known, there's certain golfers that they referred to by their first name. That's the fact, Hey bird, Hey birds. This comes from Kurt first. Kurt suggestion for the show back in the Rick and Bubby years, y'all would time people in the forty and ask what's your forty?
Speaker 9: Yeah. Now, when a guest appears on the show, you.
Speaker 2: Have someone you're interviewing, I think if they're in studio, you should ask them what's your best thirty and they must go over for the burgess ball battle and see how many points, saying score in thirty seconds. Okay, I don't have that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't have that. That was kind of part of that.
Speaker 2: It's not keeps running tab on who did the best score and we can refer to it going.
Speaker 9: You know, when sonso was here, he got a twenty not look at you think not bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was part of the initial conversation when we said this whole thing up.
Speaker 9: No, but I said it a little different.
Speaker 2: At a little different Hey bird, Hey burge. John weighing in had a chance to watch Strange Encounters, really enjoyed it. I grew up a Pentecostal pastor's kid, and I am all too familiar with demonic activity. One time, we're at a friend's house, also a pastor in My dad and his friend. They were having a prayer meeting. My dad was attacked by an unseen force. He was picked up off the ground and thrown across the living room and into the side of the refrigerator before he dropped. Take a note, my dad is six' four and at the time weighed around four hundred. Pounds this stuff is real and the only way to overcome it is through the name Of jesus and a close walk With. God looking forward to future, episodes the signal you just made was ON, tv he, Said, NOW i was just. Asking, yeah he, SAID i thought last TIME i actually saw an orb during the last episode when you Interviewed speedy but realized it was Just speedy's head reflecting with the. Light it's not.
Speaker 5: Funny nothing funny about.
Speaker 9: That nothing funny about, that funny about.
Speaker 2: THAT i don't know what they're talking. About Hey, Bird Hey bird's two. Things this is From Lee, First greg right? Again can you we want a shirt that has something to do with this? Theme Either greg And greg AND i are again or just right? Again maybe that you give to the winners if they get them right With, greg or just have it available for all of.
Speaker 9: Us, okay not a bad.
Speaker 2: Thought second AND i had a couple of, these by the, way about something to do with write. Again, secondly we love the Coach burgess. Stories i've heard a bunch of them on the best of archives with the New Ricking Bubba's Greatest hits And Radio gold. Podcast, anyway we could put all of the Coach burgess stories just on one. Album probably, not but really the book almost does. That EVEN i know you're reading, them not listening to. Them the book really is a best of Coach burgess stories all in one. Book so, yeah but thank you for. That that would probably be difficult to, do but a, great great. Suggestion, Hello Adam hey Burg A burge have a challenge for the. Show, now now remember. This sometimes love the audience and their suggestions have always been there's some good ones out. There but sometimes the audience they don't fully understand the Sprinkle for, Me, matt, NOW i know sometimes we don't understand the sprinkle format just because we're really into.
Speaker 9: Something there's nothing we can do about.
Speaker 2: That we do. That but he says once a. Week this probably feels a little little, much but once a, week he, says once a week an entire. Segment each member of the show must stay in the characters the character's voice the entire. Segment i'm a Citing rick to Do gary Or Dickie. NADMIR i Want greg to Do Tim. Tebow, NO i Want adler to Do david From Flowery, Branch. Georgia AND i Want speedy to pick anyone because they all sound the. Same CAN i just Do?
Speaker 9: Poto and he Said, TIM i can't keep trying To dollar then it would be a great.
Speaker 2: Show, Ever, right that's. It there there you, GO I Flowery, Branch.
Speaker 5: Georgia that's.
Speaker 2: Good that's. Real goodby hobysitting Thero tadden and welcome all of you to the. Show, HEY i think we are just waiting to do this, tomorrow all, right so let's go to be a great. SHOW i don't know who it is that's what he does that it's head injury guy and also a little bit Of Katherine.
Speaker 9: Hepper, yeah let's go to hey merch Had. Burge this is From.
Speaker 2: ETHAN i was walking in the rain yesterday when a very large lightning strike hit AND i thought about, you saying. Coaches perfect scenario would be kids and wife getting in the car, dry the husband and husband and father getting in soaking. Wet but if lightning strikes and it hits, Me i'll never be able to put them back in the car at, all arguet them in the house. Again so CAN i CAN i get a ruling on a slot jog when thunder rolls and the lightning strikes and another love grows, cold sleepless. Night i'm sorry that's a line From greg's favorite Singer Chris. Gaines but, anyway that's, fun that's. Funny we'll keep walking in the rain and dangerous lightning bolts until you say THAT i ain't being a. Sissy, no, no, listen there's nothing That dad never said men don't don't men. Don't he never said men don't run from. Lightning, yeah. Lightning just don't run in the rain this. Yesterday BUT i promise, you if it's close enough to, you you go run. Uncontrollably this book and our dad's not promoting of being struck by. Lightning, uh that's different than there's just a you know that you walk out and it's a steady, rain no thunderstorms and.
Speaker 9: Lightning that that's that's a little bit.
Speaker 2: Different don't be a day that you actually said what was? Right if you're struck by, lightning you're no good to. Anybody that's.
Speaker 5: Right thunder stores and lightning very very, frightening big.
Speaker 2: Help so people are, asking Is david From Flowery branch? Fake but, No speedy actually talked to he was feeling a prescription When speedy talked to. Him, fact that's a fact right. There that's the. FACT i stand right next to. Him, yeah so so that's that is a real. Person so you, know tracking, Down, yeah and you. Speaking he's limited on not being on the show, though could not go to. SHOW i don't quite. Understand, sorry but all, right we'll be. Back it won't be long, now so the vox seats will Fill birdie in the. Hall Burgess Ball battle will be coming your. Way the will just gave up one thousand dollars On, tuesday so so we'll. See we'll be. Back more to, come including more of your phone calls and the stories of the day When The Rick Burgess show.
Speaker 1: Continues this is The Rick Burgess. Show the people who don't like this, show you wouldn't like, anyway The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 2: Show you're missing. Nothing yeah, there we got the box six. Boy they're piling him down the hall. There, well they looks at their decks and swag. Too had to To oh, yeah they're ready to.
Speaker 9: Go greg's.
Speaker 5: Already we're going to have to fight him all today.
Speaker 2: If we want anything to. Eat The Weavil Nut. Company he's got all kinds of different peanut products in there From Enterprise. Alabama you're gonna be all over. It you know what else is in? There another one of his. FAVORITES i see some chicken in. There oh, yeah well he loves. Chicken, yes, SIR i think she said chocolate. Pancake MAYBE i don't look good like, you like a narrow, face don't. You oh, yeah you're talking about old, YARDBIRD a couple of things to look at high. Speed you gonna do on. This you remember when this new pope went in one of the things that ready knows all about the boat that the statement kept being made that he'll know something about suffering because he's a White sox. Fan So.
Speaker 9: Adler had the video here of The pope participating in White sox. Chants, yes it's the.
Speaker 5: Weirdest he's at The.
Speaker 8: Vatican he's going through the he's on The pope mobile in The vatican courtyard there and the crowd's going nuts and you.
Speaker 5: Can see him mouth along to a White. Sox chance The pope what?
Speaker 6: Suck whit?
Speaker 26: Suck what?
Speaker 1: Suck what?
Speaker 17: Suck?
Speaker 2: Suckuck what he?
Speaker 8: Did you should The pope in the back of the, popemobile he'd be saying White sox.
Speaker 2: White so that's not, Normal, No Bubba, wallace all, Right so what a time we live?
Speaker 27: In that?
Speaker 12: Is that's What that kind of really makes, him makes him look kind of somewhat just kind of like that.
Speaker 2: Human he is. HUMAN i don't know how to break.
Speaker 5: All you, know he's an angel on the earl and we should worship.
Speaker 9: Him it's not your.
Speaker 2: Awful that's at.
Speaker 5: Line up to kiss his hand for good, luck like he's some kind of wishing well or.
Speaker 2: Something Rick burgers Show. DOT i didn't say. That speedy didn't say.
Speaker 5: THAT i believe it or, Not greg.
Speaker 2: DIDN'T i stand on the fact that he's. Human BUT i didn't go AS i didn't go as far AS i don't have been copyed.
Speaker 27: Me.
Speaker 2: No, uh we've we've gone To game. Seven, SPEEDY i know you Wanted greg AND i to be all over this. Today pacers beat The thunder last. Night, Greg i'm sure you. Glued you were glued to every SHOT i.
Speaker 9: WAS i didn't see it. EITHER i was actually trying to figure a.
Speaker 2: Blowout and APPARENTLY tj McConnell plays for The pacers on The President and no matter how big you are in your, field apparently your dad can still embarrass.
Speaker 9: You, yes so he his dad takes over this postgame. Interview, yes and it is.
Speaker 8: Hilarious his dad is called up to the broadcast. Desk his dad hugs every single person on his way to the broad. Cast, dads evidently he's a big coach as.
Speaker 12: Well you need between you and your dad to yell at him for not being taller or not marrying.
Speaker 2: SOMEBODY i know he's standing right.
Speaker 5: There his, dad dad's about to embarrass. Him oh, no they're calling the dad up.
Speaker 17: Five And.
Speaker 2: I've lived. This he's a. Character, yeah he's shaking everybody's. HANDS i tell you right, now he's a. Warrior you're, right the player you, are that's. Right that's your. Fault the heart of a. Champion, yes that's your.
Speaker 5: Fault thinking of his performance.
Speaker 14: Tonight, excellent just. Disappointing missed two foul shots in the. BEGINNING i kept, saying, MAN i wish you'd have made those two foul. Shots but he recovered and we won the, game SO i can forget about the file shots and he can.
Speaker 2: Happen in game.
Speaker 14: Seven we're going to o K C to try to win a world, championship and my son's a part of.
Speaker 2: It AND i can't.
Speaker 5: BELIEVE i got one question for.
Speaker 2: You why are you harder on him and softer on your? Daughter he says that it's. True it's. True it's.
Speaker 14: True was undefeated state. Championship he lost in the state. Championship we lost two, games so. Undefeated he didn't play as well in the state. Championship he played, great but we didn't win.
Speaker 2: It that's what my daughter. Wanted it's it's a PACER.
Speaker 5: Nba National Basketball. ASSOCIATION i think.
Speaker 9: A great job on the. FLY j McConnell's don't worry about. That don't worry.
Speaker 2: Person the dad's a. Character oh, YEAH i worry about. You you remember the mayor Of Toronto? Ford, yes, yeah he is. GREAT i Think netflix has got a special documentary about.
Speaker 8: Him, okay how about even as an n B a player in THE nba finals and your dad's embarrassing, you you can't just can never escape.
Speaker 2: It, NO i like that goes. Unbelievable missed foul shots early made, Those thanks, Dad they didn't cast us the.
Speaker 8: Game my my grandpa was a pe, coach my mom's dad and. Free if you missed free, throws they're. Free we're going to hear about that for a. While if you miss, free free to.
Speaker 2: You you're getting free. Shots speedy or any of? Us are we a little squeamish to? Watch Tampa Bay race Pitcher hunter big carted off the. Field this is.
Speaker 9: Bad one hundred and five mile per hour foul. BALL i hate to see.
Speaker 5: This this is after it.
Speaker 9: Happened where was he was he in the.
Speaker 5: Bill, yeah he was on the. Bullpen, yeah.
Speaker 2: There it. Is.
Speaker 9: GREG i Knew greg was going to question how fast this ball was.
Speaker 2: GOING i knew. It can you can you you just talk a minute about the fact that you wanted to not off the bat have a gun on. It, yes, yes, yes that's WHAT i.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah the technology now you see exit velocity and all that coming off the bat.
Speaker 5: Here Is i'm just telling you you asked the.
Speaker 2: Question i'm telling, yes they can tell how hard you're gonna.
Speaker 9: See greg just carted.
Speaker 2: Off you don't know. Why then you don't. Know if you don't, know you don't.
Speaker 9: Many years without.
Speaker 2: That well that's okay for technology to.
Speaker 9: Advance mess the game, up does?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 19: Well you know it.
Speaker 5: Doesn't. Great, okay here it, is and you're going to see all one hundred and five watch.
Speaker 2: It here it.
Speaker 5: IS i don't want to watch it and off the bato.
Speaker 9: Man let me SAY i didn't say.
Speaker 2: It, yeah he's not paying.
Speaker 5: Attention look he's looking at his. Buddy yeah here he. Is right.
Speaker 2: HERE i ask a little bit on his buddy forgetting these two. Bards you don't expect that a net right. There we're looking through the. Net, yeah That's. Greg.
Speaker 12: Oh, well to their, defense he's he was behind the. BATTER i mean IT'S i, MEAN i mean it was a hard poll.
Speaker 9: Think about.
Speaker 2: It, yeah but.
Speaker 5: Here's the broadcast talking About.
Speaker 12: Greg didn't carry thing to the State Major League baseball considers a hard hit.
Speaker 5: Ball this was ONE o.
Speaker 27: Five just to give you an idea of how well struck a. Baseball this was it hit somebody in That Tampa Bay rays duckout.
Speaker 25: Just joining.
Speaker 27: Us we've had a delay now of several minutes as the injured party is attended to by some local em t s in the first base.
Speaker 5: Dugout i'm gonna skip forward here on the, cart.
Speaker 27: But he gets close and pointing how close it can be when a foul ball comes down there as we get another thumbs.
Speaker 2: Up there you.
Speaker 5: Right in the side of the, head though.
Speaker 9: You've been hitting the head with just anything.
Speaker 5: Rock he's.
Speaker 2: In he's dead.
Speaker 9: Conversation he's got no idea where that came.
Speaker 5: From flash of light when you see a flash of, light even though.
Speaker 12: There was not so speaking Of Major League, baseball and AND i JUST i just heard the. HEADLINES i don't know anything about. It did we have a batter, lose lose the bat.
Speaker 2: And it gets stuck in the in the the netting and a fan climbed the net to get, it and then they got kicked.
Speaker 9: OUT i think there's.
Speaker 2: One and THEN i think there was a fight in the bullpen with between one of the players and a. Fan somebody had said that so one of the players that could be seen throwing a punch or or in an altercation or.
Speaker 5: Something oh, yeah the bench.
Speaker 2: CLEARED i think. THAT i don't know about.
Speaker 5: That that was a.
Speaker 2: Bullpen but, anyway the, net it's like the bat got stuck halfway up the net and on the backstop he lost it was gonna go get it For, yeah that was one. STORY i just found it. Right and then the other one was in the bullpen the bat was going six seven miles an hour When greg not? Everything why everything have to be everything to you, KNOW nascar has advancements.
Speaker 9: Too you can see a lot of things IN, nascar, Right.
Speaker 5: So you don't want the camera inside THE nascar because that's.
Speaker 2: New, NO i bet you hate. It it's been around. Forever, no you Hate When speedy first went into the bat, BREAKING i thought you were gonna tell me.
Speaker 9: When in the stand like gorgon.
Speaker 2: Somebody somebody stood up with a bat throw somebody just three that. Guy, yeah now why would they do? THAT i guess you got up on the.
Speaker 9: Neck you got in your business climb that neck Rig.
Speaker 1: This is The Rick Burgess. Show you listen, up.
Speaker 11: You, know like.
Speaker 22: You got a.
Speaker 25: Five the voice of reason in an unreasonable. World The Rick Burgess, show.
Speaker 2: Brand new hour starts. Now thank you for being with Us america as we move. Forward Uh speedy Dreg, Adler, yes they are here. Today The fox seats now full as we have folks coming in to, watch and this hour A burgess ball battle will take. Place two of them will awkwardly go head to head for, money then will give one thousand. Dollars last time, too did the loser spend on thousand for the?
Speaker 9: Winner or?
Speaker 2: Did that's? Right because the time before last of five, hundred it was because the loser won vox seats and the young man passed and Said i'm gonna spend the my own and got one thousand, dollars and.
Speaker 9: Then Like speedy, said the five hundred dollars winner was The, uh that's.
Speaker 5: RIGHT i do have a question right here we go AND i might be wrong about.
Speaker 9: This we're willing to tell you.
Speaker 5: That, yeah because i'm you, know pretty good.
Speaker 2: Chance, well you know there's bunch in. Here, yeah and there's not one person here that won't just revel and let you know that you're.
Speaker 8: Wrong so we had the kid win the thousand. Bucks, yeah, yes, bro he played the. Game he shot, yep when y'all did when your, guys when you guys pick the people who compete in the, game you draw the name out of the, hat did.
Speaker 5: You draw the mom's? Name and she, said my son is going to.
Speaker 2: Go we've done that and we've had we've done that a few. Times, yeah, yeah we've done that a few. Times so you're.
Speaker 5: There so they're just allowed to put so they make the.
Speaker 9: Rule, no they just, said y'all just don't care what anybody does if you want to make a rule against. It, THAT i, mean that's being just. Kind they, said can my son go in my? Place AND i, SAID i don't.
Speaker 5: Mind what are the rules on?
Speaker 2: That the rule rules you wanted to keep the? Money is that what you're.
Speaker 5: SAYING i think he should get the. MONEY i don't think the. KIDS i think we should take the money back from the.
Speaker 9: Child, okay, Sorry, BRODIE i remember his.
Speaker 2: Name how long have you Known? Speedy how long HAVE i known him?
Speaker 5: FROM i MEAN i interned it in two thousand and, eight so twenty.
Speaker 2: Years does he seem to be the kind of person that looks at a child and is a dream. Crusher he's a dream.
Speaker 9: Maker LET'S i look the boss.
Speaker 18: Man and you.
Speaker 2: Went you gave me the? Nods, yes, y'all we had done that. Early, first definitely you. DID i looked at you, recocated and we also had another. One we've had what two or three.
Speaker 5: Times, yeah that's happened. Before that's the first TIME i saw.
Speaker 2: That because you're not paying attention to the.
Speaker 5: Guy i'm not paying.
Speaker 2: Attention you remember the kid that got mad That adler tried to console and it went completely off the.
Speaker 9: Rails, yeah it seems like he was might have been maybe his. MOM i may have made that.
Speaker 5: Up, Okay, Well i'm just saying so people are just allowed to.
Speaker 8: Choose they're just allowed to pick whatever they.
Speaker 2: Wanted WHAT i have wished That adler had not done what he's doing. Now now that's also we need to rule going. FORWARD i think you're the only one worried about.
Speaker 5: IT i am, Okay i'm a.
Speaker 2: Stickler you cannot you cannot transfer the shooter unless it is your. Kid you're, yeah which is what we've, done, right that's all we. Do you can't, go you can't give it to another.
Speaker 5: Adult seventeen does a kid have to be seventeen or?
Speaker 9: Younger the kid has to be actually fifteen or younger or.
Speaker 2: Younger you you're going to have to remember these rules you're just.
Speaker 5: Making this is, important right all? Right hear that live audience in them in the room with us right.
Speaker 2: Now you hear. It by the, way if, you if, you if, you if this makes you feel any, BETTER i don't know that it. WILL i actually saw the check and the checks made out to his. Mother, yes we make sure that that make you feel bad about.
Speaker 5: The mom that. Cheated basically the cheater. Mom, kidding but something we need to figure.
Speaker 2: Out you're talking about a buzz. Kid just if why don't don't scream on the air your mama is a cheating that's not because people may think that's beyond the.
Speaker 8: Back what's it called when you can't be tried for like say you blow through an intersection and then they intersection and then they put a stop sign, up and they're, like, yeah you blew through that. Intersection but you're, like but there wasn't a stop. Sign, grandfather dian, something. Grandfather i'm not saying they're. Responsible i'm just saying going.
Speaker 2: Forwards you're SAYING i better not see it.
Speaker 9: Again that's.
Speaker 5: Right i'm a stick in the, mud And i'm a.
Speaker 12: STICKLER i remember the special moment that we had With brody winning and we're so sweet and the family mind and they left for the. Show they followed back up with us and talked about how All i'm thrilled by and, everything and then now This nowdler calls them. Cheaters, yes, no, no, no, no, No i'm going. Forward we needed To we needed to figure that.
Speaker 9: Out What adler.
Speaker 2: Is adler is that wave that came in just when you had your sandcastle built and you were excited about, him washed it.
Speaker 8: Away and somebody, texted Does adler have a problem With jesus taking his?
Speaker 5: Place that's not what this.
Speaker 2: Is that's not that's not What i'm talking.
Speaker 5: About that's not that apple.
Speaker 2: Orange you should have gone to the cross.
Speaker 5: Yourself, yeah that's apples and.
Speaker 8: Oranges that's not What i'm talking About i'm just, saying going, forward need to Figure, yeah.
Speaker 9: Okay well we have, now we, got we, got we're making sure we figured.
Speaker 2: It Fifteen today is A today is a. First what's?
Speaker 12: That we actually had someone in the box seats and everybody brought. Something it's just, man our room is full of, stuff thank you very. Much but have we ever had elk brought to the? Show oh for, Real i'm.
Speaker 5: Excited we've never had.
Speaker 9: That, YES i know of someone took an elk and brought us some of.
Speaker 2: It it's in the. Freezer.
Speaker 9: No, no we once had cat brought but we didn't know.
Speaker 2: It that was The asian.
Speaker 9: Family, yeah very nice, people great.
Speaker 5: Folks.
Speaker 2: Yeah have you had?
Speaker 9: Elk i've Had?
Speaker 2: Rick you. Have i'm SURE i. Have, Yeah, yellowstone you're not supposed. To, YEAH i.
Speaker 5: DID i killed it. Myself you better knock out at. Night we've got some head lamps and a.
Speaker 9: KNIFE i had elk In colorado at the.
Speaker 5: RESTAURANT i knew.
Speaker 2: It and and we have This Spanish steps, story BUT i almost don't want to do it Because i've actually been to The spanish steps AND i know you're going to Make spanish Steps spanish the very Famous spanish steps In, Rome.
Speaker 5: Italy, yeah they're not In.
Speaker 2: Spain, GREG i don't know why they're called that must not be too. Famous i'm SURE i read it WHEN i was there and totally forgot.
Speaker 5: That i've been there.
Speaker 2: Too But, greg you got your code that is driven down. Them you're not supposed to drive down, okay and a good.
Speaker 9: Thing, No and and he's eighty.
Speaker 2: One alcohol level was, fine and he told everybody was going to work and he got like a Major, Greg, greg just if you haven't seen these, before The spanish, steps it's.
Speaker 5: There it's a major tourist, attraction historical.
Speaker 2: Site looks like a move look look and here he comes down. Them this is not somebody trying to do, something trying to be. Goofy he thought this was the. Way he. Thinks this Is god love, Him, greg he's eighty. One BUT i think this is a sign that we need to retest that driver's. License, yeah he's it on down a little.
Speaker 12: Bit this looks like the, movie you, know when they're doing a car. Chase they start driving down the. Steps he gets he gets stuck right.
Speaker 9: Right, now.
Speaker 2: Gotta go in an.
Speaker 9: Angle, yeah he's gonna get hung up right.
Speaker 2: Here, yeah, sure and he's that if you've ever been To rome and seen The spanish, steps he's coming right down. Them, yeah in a vehicle and says he's just going to. Work and they're wondering here, security, sir that you can't what are you?
Speaker 9: Doing he just threw his hands up LIKE i can't help. IT i don't know what to.
Speaker 2: Do you don't go. Down that's they're not for driving. Down so so, no LIKE i, said no alcohol. Involved but baby at eighty, One jendddy needs to have his driver's test.
Speaker 5: Again he's a crane to get it. Out. Guys, wow took a crane to get it was.
Speaker 2: Stuck he couldn't could do anything with. It look at bottom them? Out Did it's not THAT i mean he. Did he thought he had. It, yeah that's, it Which, Dennis so you've been, THERE i have what he, yeah and you said you had.
Speaker 8: TO i, have, yes, Indeed and just like you have forgotten everything about. Them and at the, TIME i was, like, Wow i'll never forget this, moment right.
Speaker 2: Yeah and EVEN i THINK i, could even IF i really, WORKED i could produce a picture Of, sherry me and our and two of our.
Speaker 9: Boys standing there on The spanish. STEPS i THINK i have it in my.
Speaker 2: Phone all?
Speaker 8: Right how about That they were made in seventeen twenty seventeen twenty. Five they opened seventeen twenty.
Speaker 2: Five they just drove right down and turned.
Speaker 5: AROUND i got too.
Speaker 2: Far off in. It it was, like what DO i?
Speaker 5: Do there's your hotel rick right, there going on the top of the.
Speaker 9: Steps, yeah, yep we stayed right.
Speaker 5: There I've i've stood right.
Speaker 8: There in, FACT i was standing up there looking out over the view you can see the whole, city standing there with my lovely.
Speaker 5: Wife and the guy started kind of. Sidling he could what he could tell that we were a little distracted looking at the.
Speaker 2: View trying to get me a little pickpocket.
Speaker 5: Act you don't pickpocket, Actually AND i was, like, hello, sir good to see.
Speaker 2: You NOW i see, you, buddy just like you saw that. Kid, yeah it's like you don't miss.
Speaker 5: Anything so you stood up top?
Speaker 18: There did?
Speaker 19: You did?
Speaker 5: You could you stay over the rail all the way?
Speaker 2: Down or you feel?
Speaker 5: Good you feel good about, yourself that you're about your. Life and you know WHAT i think that you say to your.
Speaker 8: FRIENDS i didn't know you wouldn't say that To hobe just your fast and only.
Speaker 2: Friend hoby's.
Speaker 1: Pretty this is The Rick Burgess. Show they are the uncles their parents warned you About Rick burgis.
Speaker 2: Show here we, Go man L, Rick thanks for man with us as we work our way. Back helissleep Dot, Com Slash Big box and twenty percent off right now for the summer. Sale these are customized. Mattresses they got a little sleep. Quiz they're going to ask you to take that sleep quiz only takes us a few. Minutes greg did. This he And Lee lee are enjoying their customized mattress and they sleep on it every. Night and you can get twenty percent. Off they will customize it based on the information on how you, sleep preferences you have for your. Mattress they'll customize it for, you ship it straight to, you no shipping. Charge you get one hundred nights to slip on it to be sure that you love, it and you're going to but it's got one hundred nights if you want to change your.
Speaker 9: Mind if you, do you get a full.
Speaker 2: Refund and they've got mattresses for every situation customized just for, you including big and tall. Children they have mattresses for children so go to helixsleep dot com slash Big. Box your new mattress will be shipped right to your. Door you'll be saving up to twenty. Percent there's also a link at rick burgesshow dot com right there under. Sponsors and speaking Of greg's, family his Daughter chandler having her birthday to. Day, Yep happy, Birthday Chandler jones now about thirty, one thirty one years.
Speaker 9: Old AND i remember we got the, video of, course and you showed up with a raging.
Speaker 2: Mullet, yeah older she, was and you had on some loud. Shirt well you're looking sharp and looking sharp as all my. Daughter, yep there you, Go chandler thirty, one thirty one years. Ago how about That Happy birthday? Channel Birthday Burgess Ball battle it's, On, Yeah Burgess Ball. Battle who's in?
Speaker 23: It in it?
Speaker 2: Today so, Speedy i'm gonna send it over to The burgess ball courts and you tell us who's playing? Today all? Right in seat number, three It's Gina. Parker maybe That's Jenna. Jenna is It?
Speaker 9: JENNA i think it's Probably.
Speaker 2: Jenna, Yeah, Jenna jennifer Park jenny Park. Jen here Comes, jenna She's.
Speaker 5: Jenna come, On, Jen.
Speaker 2: Jena here Comes. Jenna let's Go jenna out and its seat number. Five It's Karen. Bailey Karen, Bailey Jenna. Parker come, on so here they. Come it's not on the, elbowing it's the w n B a here Today jenna Against. Karen oh, no we got a band.
Speaker 5: Member she said she was in band.
Speaker 2: Member that's all, right that's, okay don't worry about.
Speaker 11: It.
Speaker 5: Hi so what for those of you trying to to kind of visualize how this is.
Speaker 2: Looking jenna is to the, Left karen is to the, right and you have all got thirty. Seconds the first twenty, seconds things count as. Two last ten things count is. Three we've had some folks come back the last ten. Seconds so get, ready, okay hang on and. Go oh look Here, Karen she sings the bus. One jaron's up For.
Speaker 5: Carried is up six.
Speaker 2: Two, oh, okay carried is up eight to.
Speaker 5: Four here we. Go carried is up still eight to. Four we got fifteen seconds left and.
Speaker 2: Still eight to, four still eight to. Four come, on here we, go, Okay, Jenna. Jenna now it's ten to. Six Ten jenna suck. One now it's thirteen to.
Speaker 6: Nine five says left carried Out.
Speaker 2: Jenna now it's, twell sixteen to, twelve.
Speaker 6: It looks like That karen has.
Speaker 2: Won, wow that was. Closed oh that was so. Close and Now tenda has to spill s before. Carrot all, right here we. Go So jenna And karen both go to the. Wheel karen the winner In burgess small, battle so she goes. Last, jenna your first. Spin it's meaningless for you because you did not. Win but But, karen you're watching this spin and it's your decision to take her prize or to spin on your own to see if you can up, great, okay so you got to pay. Attention, Now, jenna you have your. Account the call shirt on from The Rick burgess show store looks, great and you know that you have to say it's not will to me because you did not. Win so go.
Speaker 9: Ahead it's.
Speaker 2: Good span.
Speaker 6: Though yeah.
Speaker 28: There she, goes, yeah all, right we go all, right oh, god okay again you got Obviously.
Speaker 2: Karen you don't want to have to buy speedy, lunch so, no uh so yea, yeah And, jenna that's got to feel better that really you would have won, nothing you know WHAT i? Mean so it does hell all, right and so Now karen is nothing no, no well, no, no, no never never, never just.
Speaker 9: Nothing they would benefit from other than your.
Speaker 2: Company, okay all, right So, karen you say it is it's will to, me and then you right now you give, it give it. Us. Men let's see what.
Speaker 9: Happened can she do?
Speaker 2: It can she make it?
Speaker 9: Out big, money big? Money let's see what's. Happening here comes the, wheel he.
Speaker 2: Comes a look, out look, out look, out look, out look, out look.
Speaker 6: Out the gaud, dollars.
Speaker 5: Sorry jem a.
Speaker 1: Dollar let's.
Speaker 11: Right can you give a shout out and give thanks to miss miss Gaymail burgess BECAUSE i know her from your dad was a patient of mine years, ago and no message turned told her THAT i was going to be, here and she, SAID i hope you spend AND i hope you win money.
Speaker 7: Than you.
Speaker 2: Mama oh, wow, thousand those of you that are not, Watching, Oh rush is going to have a hard. TAME i know this is big time, rush this will and this Is friday. TOO i DON'T i don't want to have a call on A. Friday. Wow but, wow, guys y'all don't understand that if you were not, watching everybody in the room knows that those of you that are tubers you know, it but those of you that cannot see.
Speaker 9: IT i actually thought she was going to have the other.
Speaker 2: Experience oh, yeah there wasn't enough on it and it was gonna stop one, peg one, peg even THOUGH i know deep down she wanted to hear Me djail, song, Right and that's what she really, wanted was dj Rig because there's no.
Speaker 9: Value you know that you can't put a number On.
Speaker 2: Itzy but but THAT i, mean it was just Like greg has it right now if if you're if you're, watching and then it just had just enough momentum to do that right. There, man that is crazy me one thousand dollars For Karen. Bailey and and how about, THIS i really if you think about, it our mother called, her called your. SHOT i hope you. Spend you have to be drone to, play you have to, win and and then you have to get up there and, yeah and and and and and then make a decision to scare my flex WHEN i was, jumping, Yeah i'll tell.
Speaker 9: You nowadays you. Can't you can't just jump.
Speaker 2: Around so Congratulations Karen bailey And, jenna thank you for such a good. Sport of, course you Know jenna pitch picked one of Our jesus, shirts so you knew she'd have a good, sport, yes and be a good sport about, it even though that adler wanted to Tell jesus he'd just go across on his. Own but there was a close game and it came down to the. Wire wile like, that three play stars kicking. In you played, Well. Jenna you have nothing to be ashamed.
Speaker 8: Of.
Speaker 2: Uh so we'll come back and then we'll meet The vox. Seats so Congratulations Karen, bailey winner of The Burgess Ball, battle and she'll be getting the check From Vick Vox entertainment for one thousand. DOLLARS i, gracious twenty five hundred dollars that will's cranked out in the last two. Weeks i'm on, fire it. Is we'll be. Back more of The Rick Burgess show coming up right up to.
Speaker 1: This this is The Rick Burgess, show the only show hosted by An oxford, graduate Well Oxford High. School The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 2: Show thanks for being with, Us thank You. America seat you're, here and they are a joyful. Bunch we're gonna meet. Them how About, Misty, Jacob jenna And jonathan come on here come the partners to the big boy. Microphone and you talk about being decked out and. Swags, yeah they've.
Speaker 9: Got all of them have on various shirts from the.
Speaker 2: Store we really just have them model and that way that people watching, GO i, THINK i Think i'll take that. One that's. It so they uh uh they're. Here who is speaking on behalf of The? Parkers uh, So, dad come on up, here so welcome. Volunteer you have.
Speaker 9: Volunteer uh, so welcome to the. Show thanks for having.
Speaker 2: Us, yeah and you guys are From, Enterprise so you're the ones The parkers who sent the text on Text. Nation we're on our way with books and. Food and they were not. Lying they were not.
Speaker 9: Lying so you brought what a little bit of?
Speaker 2: Everything protein peanuts there you, go oh, yeah it is a. Protein thank. You, okay, okay do y'all have any shout, outs your questions you want to?
Speaker 9: Ask, OH i, mean we love the, show thank you.
Speaker 2: OBVIOUSLY i, MEAN i mean when we see this kind of commitment to the, show this is what we need right here. NOW i mean we've even got a, Hat we've got four. SHIRTS i, mean this is what we. Need we've been listening sin It's troy in two thousand and. Two, yeah so tell. Me so where you guys are in. Enterprise there's a couple of different options are how do y'all get the? Show?
Speaker 5: Normally NORMALLY.
Speaker 2: I heart, radio so you do THE i heart. Out but but have zz KAY'S i heeart at every now and? Then, okay so, yeah you can catch different. Ones, okay all, right we'll. Good, well thank y'all for being. Here so no shout, outs no Question oh here, go mama's got. SOMETHING i have a shout out to a good friend of, Mine Beth.
Speaker 5: Johnson she's probably watching from.
Speaker 2: Work, okay, great that's.
Speaker 9: Great, well thank you very. Much, yeah thank you very.
Speaker 17: Much.
Speaker 2: Jenny you did good On Burgess Ball. Battle nothing to be ashamed of, that that's. Right, yeah? Great and, now If i'm not mistaken, you you said you've been here, before, right all? Right coming Mat when when when we here? Before did you come without your?
Speaker 9: FAMILY i came with dad in that?
Speaker 19: Game?
Speaker 9: Okay, Okay so y'all did y'all Did rick And baba in this same?
Speaker 2: Studio? Okay?
Speaker 9: Good, okay and got caught the last few months of that and you won.
Speaker 2: ONE i won the fift every, time. Y'ALL i, mean come, on it's a winning. Family this is for the, day except for today When jena lost and couldn't keep the streak. Going but, yeah but be.
Speaker 9: Gracious. Yes uh, so so that's.
Speaker 2: Great so you saw the end of, that and now you're here for the first six months of this AND i hope you all enjoying.
Speaker 9: It obviously you seem to. Be, yeah thank you very. Much there they. Are give it up for The Enterprise, alabama who brought some really cool.
Speaker 2: Stuff now let's go with a couple Of. Bailey's, Here karen And Kelvin. Bailey here they come. On karen the winner six thousand. Dollars kelvin is the one who took the giant. Elk, yeah So, kevin how about? That so that was the you had the dream come? True you brought us some l me tell us about the elk. Hunt oh it. Was it was really.
Speaker 29: Great went To illinois and had the chance to top of my bucket. List it was really cool as uh did it with a. Bow that's ALL i do is bowl, hunt and it.
Speaker 27: Is it was.
Speaker 2: Amazing SO i know that when you saw your wife one of a thousand. DOLLARS i can't imagine what an elk mount. Cost so that had to feel. Good it, does.
Speaker 29: It's not quite going to do, it but there was A u, haul you, KNOW i had to get A u haul to bring it. Back so there's a cost there. Too it's like a gift that just keeps on.
Speaker 1: Giving so every MORNING i.
Speaker 2: Said, everyone And, karen you, said he had a y'all did just finished the farmhouse of some? Kind?
Speaker 9: Yeah and you come to mind? Here and so he picked out a spot, right.
Speaker 11: Yes so when we built the, farmhouse he said that either you picked which Side i'm gonna one day put an.
Speaker 5: Elkhead AND i was, like, sure that's.
Speaker 11: YEAH i didn't really think think it would. Happen and then when we got word later, on Oh i've been invited to go on the elk, Kind i'm, like, okay that's that's that's.
Speaker 1: Good good for.
Speaker 2: You Good AND i got to go so that was.
Speaker 11: NICE i didn't go out on the. HUNT i stayed in the.
Speaker 5: Lodge, yeah and it was.
Speaker 11: Beautiful and THEN i hear.
Speaker 9: Where the radio?
Speaker 5: Thing oh we got?
Speaker 13: One got?
Speaker 20: ONE i, say.
Speaker 11: Oh so he came back and the biggest smile on his face he got it little misty and then AS i saw the size of, it AND i, said oh that's that's really big and it's not as.
Speaker 2: Small AND i.
Speaker 11: Didn't come from a family that hunted or, anything so this was all.
Speaker 5: Yeah and so.
Speaker 11: The in when we were finding out about the mountain on AND i heard a little it can take almost a year to get that. BACK i, thought okay about it.
Speaker 2: Again oh well it.
Speaker 11: Arrived he got the call and he, said, yo it's it's it's, ready it, comes and so he. Went he got A u haul and brought it home and it's it's it's. Huge BUT i will say though it looks, beautiful it goes perfect with the farm. OUT i was just a little, concerned just you, know it's, long but it goes it goes well with the. House it's, beautiful it looks. Great and you, know again he's. Happy now our little dog is wondering whether they're half is.
Speaker 9: Is it gonna eat?
Speaker 11: Me those kind of.
Speaker 9: Things so y'all brought a lot of snacks.
Speaker 2: Today we.
Speaker 11: Did we brought the pigs in the. Blanket he brought some elk meat for. You we brought some fried pies From hays rig, orchards their little place down from where we live in On ona there In cleveland we live.
Speaker 9: In and he brought you some fish and lures ready to. Go, yes take those To.
Speaker 2: Sherry.
Speaker 11: Yes and one other THING i wanted to. Say speedy doesn't remember. THIS i graduated From Jacksonville state back when your dad was our, coach and so the Wind dixie there in Jackson that's where we did all our grocery. Shopping myself in my roommate had gone in and bought. Groceries and we came out and you and some other GUY i don't know who it, was but y'all were having car. Issues your battery was, dead and you were so kind even, then and it wasn't, no it was. Creepy but he was, like you, know our batteries, dead you, know can y'all take us back to our. Apartment we didn't take anything about, it, said we didn't take anything.
Speaker 19: About, it.
Speaker 9: But we all played the we having car trouble and.
Speaker 5: Did he wasn't.
Speaker 2: Just, killed.
Speaker 5: But we took you and your friend back to your.
Speaker 11: Apartment and before you got out of the, CAR i remember you, saying by the, Way I'm, calvin AND i Host calvin's house awesome.
Speaker 7: And it was.
Speaker 11: We listened.
Speaker 10: To but, yes.
Speaker 2: Have a pretty big. Deal what DID i, Said?
Speaker 5: Calvin but, yeah but that's what you know On thursdays And John.
Speaker 2: Friday, yeah.
Speaker 5: So, anyway but, YES i want to thank.
Speaker 2: You, yeah one thing that keeps on.
Speaker 29: Giving one more, thing since you're so handy these, days not trying to BREAK i. Do i'm a maintenance manager at a facility.
Speaker 5: There you know WHAT i? Can you know what you hear me?
Speaker 2: TALKING i need good? Help sure it.
Speaker 5: Is if this radio gig don't work, out give me a call.
Speaker 2: You need. Him i'm.
Speaker 9: From if you need me to that little.
Speaker 2: That little space man helmet things called an air.
Speaker 9: CHUCK i don't talk to the guys in here, sophisticated you, know some of us call it in their. Charles but to each his.
Speaker 2: Own if you need, Me i'm.
Speaker 9: Here, okay thank you so.
Speaker 2: Much back to my.
Speaker 22: Memory you might recognize me as accounting up next Chasing Carl. Dixon here come the.
Speaker 2: Ditions so, okanks what's up? Buddy you guys? Doing you're doing good To where are you guys?
Speaker 30: From we live right now right aside Of, Hueytown Sylvan spring.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah so uh and is?
Speaker 5: It is?
Speaker 2: It Carolyn Caroline. Caroline see there's Those Carolyn caroline people. Again, caroline. Welcome are you a little bit shy and? Nervous big boy microphones? Launch they don't have any? Questions are a shout?
Speaker 30: Out shout out to our two weeks old and are fifteen month? Old i'm sure they're watching right nowraulation again.
Speaker 9: And look at you still getting here to the. Studio good, chop yeah that little. Part, Yeah so boy, girl what?
Speaker 2: Situation two?
Speaker 9: Girls two?
Speaker 2: Girls oh you're all and just and you mentioned one of my, Sons. Brody so did you have you worked with him before or just try and find out what he's know you're just trying to reach out to. Him you, KNOW i didn't know if he still did the work and. Such so oh, yeah he's got his own company doing all that. Now so, yeah So i'll connect you, guys so.
Speaker 9: Well thank you for being. Her so how long have y'all?
Speaker 2: Been did? Y'all?
Speaker 9: Well listen back in The rick And bubba days, too and then trying.
Speaker 30: It's been a long time. LISTENER i grew up listening to the. SHOW i actually went to the studio at The investavia a couple of. Times first time in the. STUDIO i brought her into the.
Speaker 2: Fold So, caroline was you you're now being you married a guy and now there we. Go are you are you kind of tracking with? It, okay, okay.
Speaker 5: That's an.
Speaker 2: Understanswer they Brought they brought some. Sweets oh, yeah what y'all brought some cake? Balls she Made she made. IT i can't take any. Credit taste. Great thank you both for. That and and raise those kids up, right make sure they know about the. Show all, Right thank y'all both for being. Here thank, yeah And i'll connect you To. Broach there they. Are there's the box seats and a lot of interesting kid bits from them.
Speaker 16: Today.
Speaker 2: Uh and congratulations to our Winner Karen.
Speaker 17: Baby.
Speaker 2: Uh she one The Burgess ball battle and won off the wheel one thousand.
Speaker 9: Dollars we'll be right.
Speaker 1: Back this is The Rick Burgess, show the man who Informed Dipping dots that they were, not in fact the Ice. Queen Rick, birchers.
Speaker 2: It's back, There we're. Back thanks for being with. Us a lot of fun today with the box seats and all of you out there watching and, listening whether it be live or on the. Archive we're glad that you are. Here so enjoyed that moment with speedy old flashback To Calvin's. Playhouse might not, know might not know?
Speaker 9: Me ever heard Of? Calvin and they.
Speaker 5: Play HAND i probably recognized my.
Speaker 2: Voice you probably, here Come greg forgret the way. In he thought it was. Over your battery was. Dead, YEAH i guess it. WAS i don't and you look TO i might have been out of gas Because i'd run out of gas and you hit your ride on the way. Out you're going by the. Way, YEAH i.
Speaker 5: Don't you may know.
Speaker 12: Me Apparently karen doesn't forget, anything but tell us what we were talking.
Speaker 2: ABOUT i don't.
Speaker 9: Know but did you think when you heard invited him to The playhouse's probably WHAT i.
Speaker 2: Did did you, think because we've had a lot of people that make this mistake when before you met, him did you think he was black because his name.
Speaker 20: Was to.
Speaker 5: A lot of, people think a lot of people because he's so, cool too, cool such a cool.
Speaker 9: Guy you know you didn't when you when he said, that you, go, oh you're.
Speaker 2: White this is what he goes. To, yeah we loved the.
Speaker 5: Playhouse didn't know you were white.
Speaker 2: Though you were my.
Speaker 9: Friend i'm just you, know asking us.
Speaker 2: Guess i'm just gonna guess Because i'm trying to, think like, You, greg why he would bring this? Up thank you for the. Run and by the, WAY i mean nothing the way if you want to, PARTY i got the. Player he didn't say, like do you want to see my? Aquarium he didn't do any of that Because calvin's right, there and it WAS i was probably just being a conversation.
Speaker 8: GUYS i don't know why it came, up BUT i actually it came up with my wife just a couple of nights.
Speaker 5: Ago the fact that it was Called calvin's. Playhouse what was it called the? Playhouse that's like the creepiest thing that you could ever call.
Speaker 2: It, no actually it WAS i mean you go to play.
Speaker 14: You know?
Speaker 2: That to point that, out.
Speaker 1: A lot of playing on on.
Speaker 2: This was this had HIS.
Speaker 12: I don't, KNOW i, THINK i don't know who came up with, that but. Somebody did you ever went you would, Know, greg had you.
Speaker 2: Ever Experienced, no you remember that.
Speaker 18: Time, Rick.
Speaker 9: You're not Speechless and we weren't even like to the. Party we just happened to be. There and he, goes, yeah There's, calvin and of COURSE i thought he was. Black that's not. True we go in, there and then the playoffs was. Happening, OH i saw it.
Speaker 2: HAPPENING i thought to, Myself i'm gonna leave Before god throws a ball of fire in.
Speaker 16: Here.
Speaker 2: Okay, sometimes let me tell you.
Speaker 9: Something and in those days for me to be bothered took a.
Speaker 5: Lot took a.
Speaker 12: Lot, hey, everybody. Everybody SOMETIMES i would just be, dejailing like just you, know just this. Mixing and she's talking about the radio, show which was. Different, yeah well sometimes we go, live we go live in a, second shaking her. Head here's What i'm Gonna here's What i'm gonna. Guess, okay here's WHAT I here's What i'm gonna. Guess there's a stamp of the playoffs In. Jack everybody's talking. About they don't go in. THERE i, Swear, hey, hey CAN i go in? Here, no we don't just condemn that's where the. Playoffs yeah went.
Speaker 2: Office he was probably saying to these young ladies who were very. Helpful he was probably letting them know that because he probably won't give you all shout out or something on The thursday. SHOW i want TO i want to take the lady us out with the. Card you, know that's probably what's back to my.
Speaker 9: Point yeah, Right i'm not blind That i'm right. Here what's wrong with being?
Speaker 2: Black?
Speaker 5: Nothing, nothing it's just What he's the one that brings it.
Speaker 9: UP i just said, that is there something wrong with?
Speaker 5: Me you ask your.
Speaker 9: Brother he's the only said, confusion the only one that brings it.
Speaker 2: Up just you speaking to Pee.
Speaker 9: Wee he's been running Theme hey about by ways speaking to Pee. Wee you know that?
Speaker 2: Documentary have you gone into? It don't watch? That don't don't tell. Me they give a lot of attention to the theater. Thing oh, really theater. Thing you don't want to know about Pee wee's, past kidding the way it makes the theater incident like nothing really that's just a blip. Yo, yes really you don't want any part of. It so this is not if you build. Up if you watch, that you'll be, like, wow let my kids watch.
Speaker 7: IT i.
Speaker 2: KNOW i mean you talk about. Buddy, okay let me let me just put to you this. Way Paul ruben was up for. Anything, yeah it's like he was At calvin's. Playhouse, okay let me just now we got pedophile text coming, here so.
Speaker 5: Let me just be very.
Speaker 2: CLEAR i love how y'all stirred about you and that that comment. There let me just say that the, playhouse everybody was the. Same were all we were all college. People what is that we didn't go LIKE dj little kid. Parties you? Know, NO i mean so and we would do anything from and you or something. Else don't you as mister?
Speaker 9: Handyman?
Speaker 16: Uh they.
Speaker 9: Said one TIME i Asked diddy to come.
Speaker 2: Out now you got some you got something.
Speaker 5: Else it was a freak offs so you got you got me, Black you got me a freak and you got me.
Speaker 2: SOMETHING i have.
Speaker 5: Nothing there was A dj, Party it was JUST.
Speaker 2: Dj it was JUST. Dj it was like you, know, reception, dinner after. Age thing came. FROM i had nothing to do with. That you're trying to give a visual that you played Bar. MET i would do.
Speaker 12: ANYTHING i would do anything from a frat sorority party TO dj and the, club to do a, wedding to do you know what.
Speaker 9: Wedding imagine me serious messing it?
Speaker 2: Up uh and uh, no not.
Speaker 5: Allowed no driving a class.
Speaker 2: Reunion is the briden or. Dead you have to do all, that get the dance and you can mess it LIKE i don't want the pressure and can't say anything messing up like dad and daughter's first.
Speaker 9: Dance it's all that pressure is.
Speaker 12: DUE i was at a wedding here within the last year or two and they had age your equipment, problem AND i was melting BECAUSE i knew what the guy was going.
Speaker 2: Through he couldn't help.
Speaker 12: It they had a power failure and all this, stuff and he's like and mom and dad and, mom and it's just, say, uh the dad and the daughters just standing. There everything stopped and they're trying to do the, dance the special moment that they'll always.
Speaker 5: Remember i'm.
Speaker 2: White that's a black.
Speaker 9: COW i don't know what's wrong with being.
Speaker 2: Black you even have the kids laughing At i'm not. Laughing, yeah you didn't want to be. There if you weren't, serious if you're not ready to, party don't come. Home oh you don't think they was. Playing we're trying to help.
Speaker 31: You we were all the same Age you've got me like Djen Is daycare Was Dee drack for?
Speaker 5: Free, no clearly had to be twenty one to get in on top of the.
Speaker 2: Hour Ey sean de bar twenty one is.
Speaker 1: The Rick Burgess Show, America The Rick March, Show.
Speaker 2: Let's Go America, down the brand new. Hour thank you for being with us. Today the gang all here and rent a casting from the real. World we'll hear from you this. Hour H it's the number eight eight, eight the number six Big. Vox you can text us there, too as many of you have. Discovered also a, reminder episode Five Straight, encounters the brand new podcast coming out this this. Weekend our Guest Tom carr with us talking about some of his interactions and being in the room with demonic, entities and we'll talk about that from a biblical worldview coming up this, Weekend so grab that wherever you get. Podcasts Strange encounters is the. Name, Okay so to, me you want us to What i'm thinking? About you? Me, YES.
Speaker 12: I saw A tv commercial on one of the local cable channels promoting The American Village july Fourth Independence day. Celebration it starts mid morning and goes all day, long capped off with a big fireworks display and stuff and communicating with our folks with the WEBSITE i was in charge, of you, know getting in an upcoming events AND i couldn't help but see that you are m seeing the fireworks.
Speaker 9: Show how do you see a fireworks?
Speaker 12: Show, well you see this gets him fired up about fireworks and THEN i know your history and failure of fireworks.
Speaker 2: Shows so all that's coming.
Speaker 12: Together but prior to, that are you gonna have to like have serious, voice like two hundred and fiftieth birthday serious, voice and when like read, stuff AND i need to know if you're dressing. UP i went, Out, yeah you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Stand that was a good.
Speaker 5: One you're gonna stand up there and were like a white woman and stuff.
Speaker 2: Seeing the.
Speaker 6: Big one.
Speaker 2: Boom look, you, Rubes i'm Not i'm not sitting there doing play by play of. It smile. Smile that.
Speaker 9: Flowers everybody.
Speaker 2: Together and there's the purple version of that same. Design we're not green. Yet, no that's not What i'm. Doing this is one of those things that we of, course you know you may have heard about. It you, Know i'm kind of spoke person for the state Of alabama for the two hundred and fiftieth birthday of our. Country what do you call? That they tell me how to do? IT i can't remember, Now Sessa quinny can. Haunting, yeah but, anyway white, wig that's WHAT i want to. Know, no last, YEAR i was at this extravaganza and it's an outstanding for work. SHOW i was there last year and we just interviewing our friends in the vox. Seats do you remember AND i remember that none of us will soon. Forget you Know karen who won the thousand dollars and she's made sure of that with her topics. Today but the, uh but the she said that when her husband killed an elk and they told her it was a year from, now she was, like well that never. Happened jesus will probably come back before then and we'll never see. It, WELL i was there at this last, year and NOW i want you to think about the, difference because how much a better. Person and some of you in our audients want to know who this, is But speedy And greg And adler will and those of you In alabama will will.
Speaker 11: Know.
Speaker 2: Uh the person who mcd it last year Was Matt. Coulter Matt coulture is one of the nicest human, beings yes that our earth is ever ever know and he'll handle something like this correctly and. Professionally so when they, said, well you, know we're getting closer to the birthday and you're doing these things for us, Now, rick and have you ever had your wife? Spokes have you ever had your wife volunteer you for? Something AM i sure that she? Goes? Well next?
Speaker 20: Year?
Speaker 2: Rick rick could see it And i'm, like throw it out there AND i was, like what, Baby and then they were, like oh, yeah that'll be works right in what we're doing with the two hundred and fiftieth and and all.
Speaker 9: This and of course we get in the.
Speaker 2: Car i'm, like, hey what do you what's? Happened and she's, like, well we'll be here. Anyway that'd be great for you to you, know you got the new show, going you probably need to do. That and what DID i? Say it's a year from now and long the, Way and THEN i just went on about my, way you, KNOW i was, like never happened is here and That i'll never get around here and here's, comes, yeah here. Comes Uh, no they do like an evening's. Life we're working our way to the. Fireworks So i'll do things like introduce various military. People i'll introduce. SOME i THINK i Introduced Thomas jefferson And George washing can Not, wait.
Speaker 9: Which is kind of spooky since they're dead.
Speaker 2: Yes but but they'll be there And i'll bring out various people to do various speeches and various. Recognitions, Oh i'm seeing the line up here and then and then look at the evening.
Speaker 9: Part that's WHERE i.
Speaker 2: Am i'm not all.
Speaker 9: Day i'm just the.
Speaker 2: Evening and then you take them to the fireworks, show, correct you. Don't ladies and gentlemen stand, by and Then i'm.
Speaker 8: Done and then you Send god Bless america during the Fire well that's right before.
Speaker 2: It are you recognizing patriots of the? Past?
Speaker 12: Oh, yes so you Got Thomas, Jefferson george And Martha, washington See john And Abigail.
Speaker 2: ADAMS i, Mean i'm just sitting here going to you doing all? This you know is so. Good you know anybody who's playing some of them. CHARACTERS i, don't but they're very. GOOD i will tell. You last, Year John adams the guy Playing John adams because he's, dead it couldn't have been, him but but it moved.
Speaker 9: Me, okay.
Speaker 2: Y'all don't care About American you don't love what we've been. Through, fine but it was a pretty big deal that we did this big.
Speaker 9: Deal we've forgotten, it but it was a big.
Speaker 12: Deal you can go To American village Dot org anywhere in the country and then click on industry station and it has the rundown of. EVERYTHING i can't decide WHERE i want to, Sing God Bless, America my country tis of.
Speaker 9: Thee Are i'm proud to be An? American of course by leg.
Speaker 2: Well of, course of course you got to Go rick.
Speaker 9: Stand don't you know he's busy that?
Speaker 2: Day are you can wear You're John Daily american flag.
Speaker 32: Shorts you can count on. That oh remember that he warn't to. READ i was just enunciating. SHORTS i would love to.
Speaker 9: Get i'd love to get the you, Know Uncle sam vest and hat.
Speaker 2: To oh, yeah somebody's already. Done yeah THERE i am, okay wesh teacher that everybody couldn't quite. Trust uh got a Slight Matthew modine. Too, yes but at some point you're gonna be like real serious going through patriots in the.
Speaker 9: Past, well the problem, is, see matt culture is.
Speaker 2: Believable, yes in this everybody's gonna have that look at me like his word sures what's he? Doing what's he about to? Do you got some Cracking adams. Coming he's gon say. Something, yeah you're not gonna have to be the voice of the flag or anything. Like, no that was.
Speaker 9: You i'm proud to be An? American did we ever get.
Speaker 10: That's?
Speaker 2: Beautiful?
Speaker 9: Yeah did you ever?
Speaker 2: Get do we have a?
Speaker 9: Copy and when you were the flag that?
Speaker 19: Time?
Speaker 5: Hopefully what is it you?
Speaker 20: Up?
Speaker 9: Well, No i'm just.
Speaker 2: ASKING i said he wasn't that that's remember when he was speaking for the? Flag, yes and uh and it was that was his words mixed them, offended and that was that's why he did a round Of Calvin's Patriotic. PLAYER a little, different a little. That, yeah what he meant by him made a little, different a little.
Speaker 9: Different all. Right SO i don't, laugh y'all, Laugh it just encourages them the uh what? If what IF i kind of hipped?
Speaker 2: Up give it a little bit of So i'm proud to be In. America, gracious stand up and show the metal. Versions we got some crazy.
Speaker 5: All, Right we got some crazy and patriots here. Today we got some matrons all be here.
Speaker 2: Tonight what IF i can't, out great, farm you're blowing. FIRE i need all. That see right, now this is where we've made The american. Village and now they're reconsidering. Somebody and there's somebody, who in, tears SAYS i told you Not Matt. Culture, right what's some man's off this?
Speaker 9: YEAR i ain't got, bumps.
Speaker 6: Suck, Man.
Speaker 2: Mats Matt cultures never liked me as much as he does right.
Speaker 16: Now he's so.
Speaker 2: Thankful, hey it was probably fun for. Him they just wanted a. Handyman Matt culture has a big, heart and he does have a big heart and a nice.
Speaker 9: Voice one of the nicest People i've ever.
Speaker 1: Known by the, way this is The Rick Burgess. Show he does a C. D he just likes things to be a certain. Way Nick, Bushes, thanks.
Speaker 2: You're being WITH Us. America all, right So i'm you gotta clarify SOMETHING i messed. Up and, yeah my, goodness yeah yeah, right sorry.
Speaker 9: Guys oh it's so. Good oh it's.
Speaker 2: Good by the, way even Though Matt culture is very, nice AND i Know Matt, culture He, matt he is. Nice he's not near but but but Even matt would tell you he's not as nice as As Jeff.
Speaker 9: Spiegel, no who is actually who m c the fireworks last?
Speaker 2: Year Not Matt.
Speaker 9: COLE a minute, second you were talking about how nice somebody.
Speaker 2: WAS i Get Jeff spiegel And Matt culture confused all the, time but you're adamant about.
Speaker 7: IT i.
Speaker 9: Was and how about This Matt culture is, nice he's not as nice as Just Jeff.
Speaker 2: Speaker, well there's not many that, are, Right Jeff spiegel is the nicest one if you're putting him By matt's. GREAT i Love matt and he's, nice but he's not as nice as jeff'. Spiegel and Even matt would say that the phones are probably just about what's going. On Jeff. Spiegel you were so, confident who's? Beloved everybody Likes Jeff? Spiegel or is that OUR abc AFFILIATE abc?
Speaker 9: Affiliate that's?
Speaker 5: Him well for when you don't recognize him, again that's.
Speaker 2: Him let me tell you how Nice Jeff spiegel. Is i've called Him Matt culture and he's too nice to. Correct he's very, nice extremely, nice and he'll be on the board of, something, yes because he's that.
Speaker 9: He's just said me very involved in the. Community is he on the same board of what you guys are?
Speaker 2: DOING i think?
Speaker 9: So or it may Be Matt.
Speaker 2: Culture i'm not jure, Now probably, not because as nice As matt, is he's not as nice As, jeff and he'll tell you.
Speaker 9: That, well so Now matt's gonna think we're saying he's not nice nice.
Speaker 5: Culture that's a different.
Speaker 2: Point, No matt knows, Today, Matt, Matt matt's been, here even in The Wednesday bible, study but not, lately BUT i mean has but has. Been he was on the sports.
Speaker 9: Station when we had our Sports, yeah he.
Speaker 2: WAS i KNEW i was in. TROUBLE i KNEW i was in. Trouble And, gregson you, know And matt's the voice Of Tall Digger Super. Speedway And i'm, like that's not the same. Guy Uh and THEN i realized at that moment THAT i had been Calling Jeff Spiegel matt culture for an entire. Segment, Yeah jeff super, nice so nice he'll. Be he will forgive me for, This, Yeah, matt probably. Not, okay so uh, so so, anyway let's get all that. Straight So i'll be at The American, Village Lord Willing july. Fourth we do have that, right bringing out patriots of the. PAST i can't wait for that show.
Speaker 5: Up and you gotta wear a white, Wig, Rick, No i'm not wearing the.
Speaker 9: Colonials have you ever been In? Alabama you ever been In alabama In july.
Speaker 2: A can you put your?
Speaker 30: Wig?
Speaker 5: Yeah oh, yeah, yeah just real, Quick, Rick let's just see what you would look.
Speaker 2: Like, no but not, on, yes, no, Yes i'm going To, Dublin.
Speaker 9: Georgia that thing is so itchy and.
Speaker 2: Hot And adler's head has been in its.
Speaker 5: FINE i don't have lice.
Speaker 2: Anymore, okay, YEAH i washes his hair what once a? Week, yeah this is a little, bit but it's close. Enough So rick's gonna put it.
Speaker 11: On.
Speaker 9: Now let's, say gotta. Stretch his head's a little.
Speaker 2: Bigger yeah, wow wow what and we Got rick now patriots from the. Past yeah, yeah may y'all may recognize me As George washington's drunk. Brother it looks like a mullet on. You that's WHAT i. Say that's look at, This, greg this is this is The this is clearly the Mister lucky. Reunion oh, yeah you know how the rockers come out and they got long. Hair but it's great shop and show. O. Kah, WELL i wish we had some volume right. There that's.
Speaker 9: IT i wish we had some volume right.
Speaker 2: THERE i KNOW i.
Speaker 9: WAS i was screaming for you about you won't meet him seeing it the.
Speaker 2: Day looking just, like please please do it like that or you, know or.
Speaker 5: Something Semi squith. Centennial you can't say, It, YEAH i can't say it without reading. It, man, This, greg would you focus on your brother with a?
Speaker 2: Wig it's another good?
Speaker 5: Night look at.
Speaker 2: That we got somebody else on the screen here and we can't see you know.
Speaker 9: What that reminds me of that mullet you. Had, yeah thank you to bring it, back you know WHAT i?
Speaker 2: Say, oh, WELL i just see the guy now.
Speaker 5: Too sorry, everyone.
Speaker 9: We're just flying, Okay, greg what is?
Speaker 11: That?
Speaker 2: No oh my, goodness, guys what's? Woking phoenix's? Sign you forgot you just like now you're just doing the show.
Speaker 9: Now i'm watching the same, thing?
Speaker 2: Y'all Are why AM i watching this that?
Speaker 9: Show some people say this is a little too twisted sister for.
Speaker 5: Them it's not the wig you need to, wear but it's. Close no.
Speaker 9: SCREAM i want to rock this. ONE i want to.
Speaker 2: ROCK i want macan the. Village you know. What welcome To american. Village patriots of the. Past lease give it up for the patriots of the.
Speaker 26: Past, oh, bass, guitar, Drums alex the hell, time.
Speaker 2: Fighting for your right to. Pint you got somedly man on the front. Roads what's going? On what happened to? That Jeff? Spiegel we miss.
Speaker 29: You never was live like.
Speaker 2: This he was quite, nice professional. Man right, Now american, village just have a. Meeting their text just want meeting in thirty. Minutes, Yeah burgess is a.
Speaker 9: Wig he thinks he's wearing.
Speaker 2: It, yeah he Thinks jeff Is. Matt you don't even know Who Jeffer matt.
Speaker 9: Is, no and you know people will get.
Speaker 2: Confused there's no tell them what they'll tell them later today when people half here.
Speaker 9: Things, OH i know they'll say that we said spinning was black and he's coming.
Speaker 2: In let me tell you how misinformation will get out, again let me tell how misinformation will get. Out here's what's gonna happen. Later, hey people get. Mixed, right here's What i'll. Have this was gonna happen later. Day, Hey, matt hey, man you're A burgess him, time he, said, no What I'm Jeff fiegel's replacing you a talent D that's how that's gonna. Go, yeah, Yeah rick said you work not and what you?
Speaker 9: Did you upset Rickors. On he went from saying he's. Nice he took it. Back forgot he had to.
Speaker 2: Wig, on he.
Speaker 9: Did ricky Ray, cyrus that's, Funny ricky Ray, cyrus that is that is. Funny, yeah you, KNOW i don't. Know and You i've been thinking about growing my hair out one more. Time, YEAH i think you ought to.
Speaker 2: GO i think so be that old guy with long. HAIR i Think i'm going to be that. Guy, yeah sitting around talking about. IT i hope sure he is seeing.
Speaker 5: This and you, know party in the front really factor in the?
Speaker 2: Back is?
Speaker 14: This?
Speaker 17: Yeah is?
Speaker 11: This but it is? It?
Speaker 9: Party it is party in the, front isn't?
Speaker 17: It is?
Speaker 5: That no business in?
Speaker 9: Front, yea right now.
Speaker 2: That's.
Speaker 9: Good, right that's, it all right right?
Speaker 2: There? Okay Uh so For july, Fourth, independence, Yep i'll Be Dependence Day American. Village i'll be.
Speaker 9: Working that, out all. Right SO i CAN i kick this?
Speaker 1: Off?
Speaker 9: Huh CAN i take this?
Speaker 27: Off?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure it's whatever you want to.
Speaker 8: Do.
Speaker 5: YEAH i, mean if you're going to be that, way you only have a minute. Left when you take it, off that's when it really starts to.
Speaker 8: ITCH i know that sounds, weird but it's when you take it off when you're like this kind of stays with you for a little.
Speaker 2: While just.
Speaker 5: This that's normal if you experience.
Speaker 2: That, okay he changed his voice like we was just trying to be trying to be. Authoritative what do you. Doing it's a voice, say. Isn't i'm not getting around right, now y'all need to. Listen just be ready for. It you know What i'm.
Speaker 12: Saying, Now, hey y'all remember speaking Of adler the Other what was there a week ago when you had this little hat where you use a.
Speaker 9: Towel to put your sock on or something like, that and you put your feet in my sweat. Towel yeah you remember.
Speaker 2: That, yeah the title.
Speaker 9: Stink, no it didn't. Stink you wiped your face with.
Speaker 2: IT i forgot.
Speaker 9: Guys you know. WHAT i just think about foot and wiped your.
Speaker 2: Face somebody just thought About somebody just brought this up to it actually looks it. Acturelessly i'm trying to Be Dolly parton in The Drag. Show oh, no you, do look a little drag. Balloon look at the movie Bird.
Speaker 9: Cage.
Speaker 5: Graig we didn't need to depart about the.
Speaker 2: Balloon he was trying To, No, greg we all, know but there's no need to didn't walk it. OUT i mean we all had. IT i got that was one of those little comments you.
Speaker 9: Made and just keep. Moving, yeah don't, stop you. Don't you don't bog down and actually build it.
Speaker 2: Out all, Right well that's WHAT i needs.
Speaker 5: Though oh, yeah oh that looks.
Speaker 26: Good that's.
Speaker 2: Funny you, Know American village has.
Speaker 5: One i'm A i'm gonna email her and tell her you need.
Speaker 2: A wig for. Them they Got i'm not the one that sent you over. Delirious, well we'll be back sort of the bottom of the. Hour we'll come. Back we'll chat with, You. America the number eight eight, eight the number six big box unscreened phone.
Speaker 1: Calls, next this is The Rick Burgess. Show, okay are you ready to bring something to the? Table call no and get on the. Show one eight eight eight six big.
Speaker 2: Fox all, Right, america time to chat with. You all lines your open unscreened phone, calls where we daringly open them up and, say, well screen up on the. Fly so as you're dialing, up you're in here ringing because he's our unscreen phone. CALLS i do want to point you to an opportunity to come to our beautiful state of Sweet, Home. Alabama you can do that with our friends At Alabama Mountain Lakes Tourist association Road trip Into. Alabama nothing like. It and if you are a, hunter how about the opportunity for you to to take the buck of a. Lifetime as a matter of, fact you'll have an opportunity to go To Willow Oak lodge and we have a Guide kelvin that's actually going to be with. You And i'm just kidding you can they actually do have a guide that will help you and they'll go. Out this is all free range, hunting but, boy they got acres and acres of beautiful.
Speaker 9: Lamb it's worth fifteen hundred.
Speaker 2: Dollars you get a two day free range hunt at Beautiful Willow Oak, lodge all your, meals yes, speedy and lodging taken care. Of so you do need to get all the licensing is That alabama requires and follow the fishing game rules while you're. Here go To alabama roadtrips dot. Com you can't transfer to someone else and you also have to use it within the calendar year that you win. It alabama roadtrips Dot, org rickburgesshow dot com under sponsors and contests and if you. Win we look forward to seeing you and beautiful sweet Home. Alabama All, right to the phones we, go unscreened phone, Call, hello welcome to The Rick Burgess. Show uh you're on unscreen phone, calls go, Ahead.
Speaker 1: Hello is this?
Speaker 2: Yes yes it?
Speaker 19: Is what's once at the?
Speaker 13: House all?
Speaker 2: Right what was that? That Cal?
Speaker 9: Flintstone who is?
Speaker 2: It? Careful, stitch? Careful okay that we've been At, guys we've been in this business a long. Time there's been times we thought somebody was doing something. Funny we all started chiming, in only to discover that was their speech, impediment that that was their best.
Speaker 9: Present didn't stop, speedy.
Speaker 2: Try to be from and stitch maybe maybe, hopefully note to, SELF i can put, caution THEN i sign. Up no one pays attention to. It Rick Burgers, show unscreen phone, calls go, Ahead, hello good, Morning hey, body go, Ahead, hey going.
Speaker 13: Base when y'all talking About Calvin's playhouse was doing a lot of.
Speaker 19: Smack call for a guy to come out shirtless with a horse's head on dancing for a bridal.
Speaker 5: Party that's not. Me that's a horse. Man, yeah that's a, horseman some weirdo.
Speaker 2: Horse we Continue Rick Bergers, show unscreen phone.
Speaker 13: Calls, hey how are y'all?
Speaker 19: Today hope you're.
Speaker 18: Hey i'm a.
Speaker 13: FOODIE i love food and stuff AND i Remember rick went down To. Laurel did you ever get to go into the ice cream shop At ben's?
Speaker 2: Place? Oh, yeah, NO i. Tried it seems like WHEN i was there it was it was not it was not open during the time THAT i was walking.
Speaker 9: Downtown that's.
Speaker 17: GOOD i got you AND i got.
Speaker 19: Something this might be on The gregs level. Too all, right sugar does not go in.
Speaker 2: Grits, no, no, no, no so, salt salt and. Pepper, YEAH i agree with you on a hundred percent. Percent Rick Bergers, show unscreen phone. Calls, ahead that.
Speaker 13: SPEEDY i have season two Of highway To heaven ON.
Speaker 2: Dvd i'm thinking you me pizza at a night of.
Speaker 13: Inspiration what do you?
Speaker 2: Say well?
Speaker 9: Done oh it's so. Good that's, funny so so.
Speaker 2: Good Rick Burgers, show onscreen phone. Calls go, Ahead, HEY i have.
Speaker 17: A challenge For. Greg there's a documentary on UH i Think APPLE tv Called Deaf President, now and it's about the student protest At, galliadet which is the only deaf university in the world death and it will give, yeah deaf. President, NOW i don't remember it. Happening i'm a little older than you, guys but it's, uh it, happened and it'll give him a little inside information about the deaf. COMMUNITY i know he's come a long.
Speaker 27: Way so was it was it A was it a?
Speaker 2: Protest?
Speaker 17: Yes the students formed a protest because they never had a deaf, president.
Speaker 5: And agree.
Speaker 9: Wanted a deaf. President that's what you're, saying.
Speaker 17: Right and they've had a deaf president. Ever Sent, yeah.
Speaker 2: Didn't you say they shouted their hands. OFF i remember you're talking about. That, no just AND i remember she's gonna put you on that about that was a good.
Speaker 9: ONE i didn't say.
Speaker 31: That and.
Speaker 12: Even Though greg does make fun of the deaf, community it's really the fun blind the Death.
Speaker 9: He's really it's. NOT i just, said there's a difference between totally blind and legally. Blind there is a.
Speaker 5: Difference, wow the deaf university demanded a deaf. President who was against?
Speaker 2: That how many you?
Speaker 9: Have how many are?
Speaker 5: Available i'm just watching this trailer for.
Speaker 9: It i'm talking who was against?
Speaker 5: That they bypassed a deaf person for a woman that could, hear and the student body, was and they started signing real mad about.
Speaker 2: It got, okay uh Rick burgers show unscreened phone, calls go. Ahead but do you think she was seriously That?
Speaker 5: Greg you're doing better, though is?
Speaker 25: This?
Speaker 2: Larry? Yes, Hey, Larry, okay he sounds.
Speaker 5: Bad, yeah.
Speaker 17: How, city he has nothing to worry.
Speaker 13: About you are not.
Speaker 17: Killers that's what.
Speaker 9: Killers always, Say, Larry, larry what.
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 5: Mentioned.
Speaker 2: LARRY i don't think you're a killer at. All they're having Fun. Larry While i've got, You, larry While i've got. You how what's the temperature in the? House how's that house right?
Speaker 17: Now is a little bit les?
Speaker 21: DEGREE i knew.
Speaker 12: IT i knew, It larry, Here, yeah just does that window unit in the Room i'm going to sleep?
Speaker 2: In does that?
Speaker 11: Work?
Speaker 17: Yes it?
Speaker 2: Does, okay so he can have it Whatever timberg he. Wants, Then, Yes, Hey, larry your pastor uh sent me a. Text oh that's, YEAH i said, That uh we ought to go to Church wednesday. Night, uh but you, YEAH i don't know if it's going to work with the. Schedule he just said that he had mentioned that to you and and he was listening to the. Member now you have you gotten better to, remember you told us one time your people wouldn't talk to you at church because all you want to talk about was. Patches, Yeah.
Speaker 17: Kevin AND i have kind of stopped that.
Speaker 25: Now.
Speaker 5: Less.
Speaker 2: Patch, yeah he's growing. Up thank you for the, Picture, yes, sir there's gonna be a lot of, That, yes.
Speaker 5: Sir in your, room in the, deskroom there was a picture of a dog slat the room and, okay.
Speaker 9: Boy he's really in the dogs.
Speaker 12: List yeah, yeah let mess, You. Larry are you a strong fellow THAT i just want to know if you could pull me around in the?
Speaker 19: Sled?
Speaker 17: Easy yes we?
Speaker 5: Could, YES i can see, it, okay, okay and he's.
Speaker 12: Also want to know how hard you'd be to fight? Off but, okay what it, is that's not WHAT I. LARRY i JUST i just can picture myself in the, sled, yes.
Speaker 13: Sir.
Speaker 5: Yeah have you ever seen, actually have you ever actually seen a good? Dog, said a real dog?
Speaker 9: Sled he's gone from patches to. Sleds something, Happened.
Speaker 6: Larry what?
Speaker 2: What what a bizarre? Combination i've seen patches and dog. Sleds how can those two worlds even be in the.
Speaker 9: Same, YEAH i haven't seen like a real true LIKE i did a ride dog.
Speaker 5: Sled, no it's in.
Speaker 19: Here we ordered as a cat from a place called in an.
Speaker 27: Act it's just.
Speaker 2: It's called What. Larry the place is not Called. Internet that's not a Place internet. Place he's gonna.
Speaker 13: Talk the name of the.
Speaker 2: Company, YEAH i don't think you need many dog sleds In. Alabama, Yeah i'm just stepping out. Here probably don't get to use it a. Lot, yeah well you will to pull me. Around, yeah now just sliding the. GROUND a mosquito net might serve you. Well but the, Well, LARRY i hope you And carolyn are doing. Well everybody? Good, yeah well we lost.
Speaker 9: Him he, say he, say just below. Eighties, agree.
Speaker 2: Good, Gracious i'm gonna burn like a fox. FAN i can't sleep in a hot.
Speaker 9: House, no, oh that's, terrible.
Speaker 2: Speedy you need me to come in there and bring you a. Blanket, well at least he did tell us he's not he's not a. KILLER i DON'T i don't understand this transition to dog. Sled, WELL i know that it was like a turn that he's something About larry if he ever locks on. Something, yeah he's mentioning them dogs led to any time a, bunch and he'll send you a picture of one.
Speaker 9: Too you don't watch and he'll send a.
Speaker 2: Picture. Speed you're going to church with him.
Speaker 9: And you're taking the dog. Sled i'm going to be doing a, lot.
Speaker 2: And you know, What you're gonna sit on slid And larry's gonna pull you down there just just in time for supper on the. Grounds Rick Burgess, show unscreen phone, calls go, ahead seventy eight.
Speaker 19: Degree hey good that, morning.
Speaker 2: Gentlemen.
Speaker 18: Me, HEY i gotta what would you?
Speaker 19: Do situation for?
Speaker 26: YOU i go for.
Speaker 19: It you got two. Concercts you gotta go.
Speaker 2: To.
Speaker 19: One you gotta choose Between Michael jackson And prince when they were both, alive and the second The Almond brothers Or Leondard. Skinnard which you gotta go to one of those.
Speaker 2: Two i'm going With Michael jackson And. Skinnard, WOW i didn't Even paul Was. No it was, easy yeah? Easy are you worn't it close To?
Speaker 20: Prince?
Speaker 2: NO i was With Michael.
Speaker 5: Jackson there was this no Interesting i'm more of A prince.
Speaker 16: Guy.
Speaker 5: YEAH i figured, That, YEAH i figured, yeah Jack Mine Jackson Crest.
Speaker 2: Now What, Yeah, well Lad i'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Earlier this is The Rick Burger's. Show did you miss part of the show? Today catch the entire show on your own time by going to our YouTube or podcast channel for the day's show. Archive find them both at rickbirgershow dot.
Speaker 2: Com be sure you're following. Too that, way you're getting an alert when the archive is, there so you pick up any part you may have, missed or relift. Arts maybe you want to there you go own your top own demand grappid fires. Stories first of, all his, sake thank you to the box. Seat y'all have been such a pleasure. Today thanks for the wonderful food and your kindness and all joy and support of what we do that's. Important without, you we all would have to get real. Jobs and nobody wants to see That lay's potato. Chips they are Glad wavy. Lath they are now going to transform the Beloved american classic into their latest. Flavor not a huge fan of flavored, chips.
Speaker 9: Get barbecue as far As i'll.
Speaker 2: Go not a huge fan no, now if you remember the last one that they did that was a big hit was bacon grilled cheese potato chips selected as the winner of the twenty twenty Five Do us A Flavor fan, Contest so.
Speaker 9: It's now.
Speaker 2: There there's delays that had to catch up. One, yeah they now are going to go with a new one and it is called Grilled cheese Flavored. Chips grilled cheese tastes like a cheese.
Speaker 9: Dip well that ain't grilled.
Speaker 2: Cheese grilled cheese flavored chips are made from, butter cheddar, cheese blue, cheese, bacon, fat and other at it now, healthy they said when they announced.
Speaker 9: IT Rfk. Jr had a massive heart, Attack so, no he's.
Speaker 2: Okay i'm just. Uh they got bacon grilled. Cheese that's what it's gonna be, called bacon grilled, cheese potato, chip bacon grilled.
Speaker 9: CHEESE i, Tried, yeah they kind.
Speaker 5: Of i'm kind of, interested BUT i bet you don't feel great after eating.
Speaker 9: It it's one of those not about that taste and.
Speaker 2: YOU i don't like weird flavored. CHIPS i don't either give me a.
Speaker 9: Barbecue what?
Speaker 5: About what about salt and?
Speaker 9: VINEGAR i don't like.
Speaker 2: PICKLE i think flavored chips hit the hit their maximum pinnacle when they went to the.
Speaker 5: Ranch mean sour cream and. Onion is that what you're.
Speaker 9: Talking about has been around for a, While BUT i thought when they added, RANCH i was okay with.
Speaker 5: That i'm not familiar with.
Speaker 9: That, yeah The dorito's ranch flavor you've never, Had you never.
Speaker 5: Had coos cool? Ranch? Yeah oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay, YEAH i.
Speaker 2: Was just talking about any, flavor not just, lays any. Flavors, yeah sour cream and onion. Lays that was nothing with the baseball field WHEN i was little with a baseball hot. Dog, yeah we go sour cream a lot at.
Speaker 27: That the.
Speaker 9: Barbecue all, Right so, Next, adler you only are you A?
Speaker 2: Costco got too? Speedy?
Speaker 9: Gosh, yes of, course what do you? Mean of, course what does that even?
Speaker 5: Means you know what it. Means i'm right there with.
Speaker 2: YOU i don't know what that. Means we'll have A costco run With terry. Goes, hey, Yeah tuesday we go to Cost, yeah it's sure thinking of. That where's the scooter at?
Speaker 14: That?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, honey we're really. Hurting we need we need fifty five hundred. Pretzels go To, costco have some good. Deals, rick get that giant barrel of cheese, balls giving most of it, Away but we got a. Deal. Uh costco customers campaign for the. Return don't know what this is BECAUSE i wouldn't go near A costco beloved one dollar?
Speaker 9: Treat what does this?
Speaker 2: Mean plenty of new food court offerings this, Summer many of their wholesaler's most loyal fans are longing for an old favorite that was the long gone one dollar Tro oh?
Speaker 9: Nice, yeah do.
Speaker 2: You remember this at?
Speaker 20: All?
Speaker 2: No BUT i like a.
Speaker 5: CHURRO i didn't know they had also.
Speaker 2: Double chocolate chunk cookie at one time was a dollar forty.
Speaker 9: Nine now they got some good. Pizza they want the dollar churo.
Speaker 5: Back how about their pizza's pretty?
Speaker 2: Good, yeah we'll go on a date. There never go on a date To that's not a.
Speaker 9: Date we'll sit there and eat right beside the. Tires you can tell he's been in.
Speaker 2: There he's telling the. Dread this is the smell of tires and eating pizza. BACK i DON'T i don't know where there's big H what was the what was the?
Speaker 9: Guy what was the guy's? Name From Owen's?
Speaker 2: Crossroads jenkins setback For jenkins and all the jinking like, today all the cannabis users are setback. Today, uh cannabis use raises risk of heart attack and stroke more than, Cocaine greg other drugs major. Review, uh now we have major risk of cannabis. Use remember one time we were being told that candab, natural that cannabis was going to save the.
Speaker 9: World, yeah and so, Wow i'm not laughing at.
Speaker 2: That that's.
Speaker 9: Serious i'm sorry they're showing something ON. Tv thank, You.
Speaker 2: SPEEDY i didn't want to Have greg for the last segment, anyway but, anyway so so thanks for sending him on his. Way.
Speaker 9: Yeah but, anyway so this is data from four hundred million.
Speaker 2: Patients, wow four hundred, million twenty four previous cross sectional. Studies they're warning cannabis raises your risk of heart attack and stroke more than if you were using.
Speaker 8: Cocaine what all, Right Well i'm stopping, Weed i'm starting. Cocaine had is that what we're?
Speaker 2: Aving and then we can still use cannabis to Make i'm they're saying cannabis has had a lot of good Pr this one a.
Speaker 9: Setback, yeah that's a setback.
Speaker 2: There, ALSO i think in our state they're not letting people sell cannabis you can smoke. ANYMORE i think that lass coming. DOWN i saw some what only some some some cannabis stores were not. Thrilled, oh really can be.
Speaker 8: Cannabis remember that GIRL i dated with dreads is unhappy right?
Speaker 2: Now, yes you give her one side hug and before you know, what you're eating.
Speaker 9: Chips, yeah.
Speaker 2: You're, starving.
Speaker 9: Speedy what brace yourself for? This one woman missing for?
Speaker 2: Months oh, yeah this is not.
Speaker 1: Good Oh i've.
Speaker 9: Heard, yeah that's.
Speaker 2: Found buried under piles of hoarded trash in her own. Home so she was such a horder she got caught up in it and died Under her.
Speaker 12: Skeletal remains were, found meaning that she was there so long and there was so much there they didn't even know she was. There, wow until they were cleaning up and they found her underneath a bunch of it's hoarding.
Speaker 9: BUNCH i watched that show On, tvbelieving.
Speaker 2: And you know they never they never will will embrace. It they've got a problem. Now oh they get all. Mad you took some pickle bucket that they had laying in the floor in, there AND i want to keep. This of all the, things pickle bucket you actually saw one, time asked what it. Was let me tell you. This if nobody can find your body to you're a. Skeleton you had a hoarding. Problem, YEAH i told You i've seen vehicles out here in the parking lot that are full of light wrappers and just a place for the driver to see it and drive.
Speaker 9: Around it's just full of. Track how they do it like?
Speaker 2: It you, know first when you first said, THAT i saw the old studio in that parking. Lot, actually when we first said, THAT i thought it was like people out in the parking. Lot you look in the back and there's Just sugarhell gang and they're all back in like some clown. Car And i'm going to tell you him the furious vibes crammed in the. Back H but anyway that you got a hoarding problem when, that when we of course just you know why nobody looked for wouldn't. Know we never can find her because there's so much. Trash she's probably.
Speaker 9: Fine nobody wants to go sit and talk to her with all that going.
Speaker 2: On, no you push back some old newspapers and you know about ninety copies Of people's magazine and there's a skeleton.
Speaker 14: On.
Speaker 9: Wow when you go away to, skeleton you've been there a, while you have how long.
Speaker 12: Does something have to sit around that you don't you didn't even think about before you before you did, it before you even think about before you before you throw it, Away like, yeah like, okay we haven't used this in how many?
Speaker 20: Years?
Speaker 2: No, No i'm. Weird if somebody didn't stop, me it better get used in a. WEEK i throw things. AWAY i WISH i could throw so much away to.
Speaker 12: Do there's things in the attic that we when we moved six years. Ago we hadn't EVEN i don't even knows up there right. Now why are we keeping?
Speaker 2: It i've never understood keeping. Things we don't use, It, no keep it if it's not a family, HEIRLOOM i don't get.
Speaker 1: It this is The Rick Burdger's. Show