Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: Israel launching another round of attacks on several locations in Araun. President Trump republicly telling ABC QUO, I think it's been excellent and there's more to come. Joining us now to discuss is Danny Toon on, the Israeli Ambassador to the United Nations Ambasadoric and Monic.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me journal. Thank you for.
Speaker 2: Sharing some of your time with this because I'm sure you've been exceptionally busy. Let's just talk about where things stand right now. Is this operation ongoing and ultimately one of the gals.
Speaker 3: Whether the growth are very clear.
Speaker 1: We want to be sure that they want will not put the threat not only against but against the entire Western civilization. And specifically, we have two main goals to eliminate the nuclear capabilities and to stop the production of baddistic missiles and len me laborators at You know, it's not only the nuclear weapons.
Speaker 3: We all know about the you.
Speaker 1: And you enrichment and about that they're getting very close to put a bomb together, but to look at what they're doing with the ballistic missiles. They want to they wanted to be at the same level of the US and Russia. In terms of the quantity and the technology of the ballistic missiles, we couldn't allow it to happen. We got intel about their intentions to create another attack against Israel. You know, we all remember what happened on October seventh, but this time they wanted to use thousands of ballistic missiles and invade into it well with their proxies.
Speaker 3: So it was a preemptive attack.
Speaker 1: So we will continue until we will be sure that we eliminated those two capabilities.
Speaker 2: How share rank you right now?
Speaker 3: Well, we will.
Speaker 1: Have to wait and see the result of the attack of last night. It was a major attack. More than two hundred aircraft participated in the attack, many targets, many senior military officials were eliminated last night, and we will continue until we know that one is in the point that they cannot continue with their efforts.
Speaker 4: Including the IRGC General commander. Is there an intent for regime changing around from Israel, Well.
Speaker 1: That's not our goal. You know, we are concerned about the threats to it. Well for the Iranian people, I wish they would have a different regime.
Speaker 3: You know, we saw what happened in i Onan.
Speaker 1: The people are suffering there, that have no way hitting the winter, no ac in the summer, that are suffering there. But our goals is to eliminate the capabilities of A one so they will not be able to threaten us. And then might look at the map. We have no border with A one. It takes us hours to fly there in order to attack those facilities. But still they spend billions of dollars to create threats against Israel.
Speaker 4: This nuclear enrichment is deep into the mountains. How long will that victory actually take? And it's called Rising Lion?
Speaker 3: Why is that?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, every time we pick a name when we have a military operation, sometimes the computer is doing it for us, so there is no real meaning for the world of the operation. But I would say that I A published recently that enough urvenium to create not only one bomb, multiple bombs, So it's only it was a matter of days to put it together. We decided not to wait, not to take that risk. We believed the threat of the Iranian when they said that they're going to use those ballistic missiles to destroy Israel.
Speaker 3: We took it very seriously.
Speaker 4: How much did the Israeli government brief the US.
Speaker 1: Government so we talked with the US, but this decision was decided in Jerusalem, and we took that decision independently, not for the first time in the eighties.
Speaker 3: And I want to remind you.
Speaker 1: We attacked the nuclear actor in Iraq. We took the decision by ourselves when we attacked the reactor in Syria. I think it will serve the US and other Western democracies, but it was a decision that was made in Israel.
Speaker 4: Do you think the United States will come to not just Israeli defense, but potentially if you're needing help with more attack if this continues for days and weeks.
Speaker 1: Well, since the day that was established, we never asked the US to fight for us. We know how to fight and we know how to defeat our enemies. You know, we have heard threats that Direnia there threatening the US, targets that are threatening.
Speaker 4: The allies of the US in your embassy, right.
Speaker 1: So we take precautions in different places around the world. We are aware over the threats, but we will continue also in Israel. We have to be honest, you know, in needwel today we are getting ready for serious attacks coming from Iran. It will be very intense intense in neither. In the next few days, we are preparing the population in this operation. It's not only about the bravery of the pilots, it's about the population in Israel. They will have to follow the guidelines in order to avoid casualties.
Speaker 2: Ambassadors, you know the United States is system themselves from this in the last twenty four US and said they weren't pound of the attack. What's not clear to us is whether they assisted in the defense of Israel.
Speaker 3: Did I, Well, you know we.
Speaker 2: Have capabilities and we are Did they assist you when they sent out drafts from a run to Israel? Did you receive any help from partners outside of Israel?
Speaker 1: Well, as far as I know that we were able to deal with the ones by ourselves and in a way. But we have to realize, you know, the threat is not only against Israel. As I said earlier, Iran is threatening the allies of the US in the Gulf. So we have the capabilities. I'm not sure they have the same capabilities.
Speaker 4: Are you worried about an asymmetrical response from Iran?
Speaker 1: Well, we took into consideration that there will be retaliation and marine and.
Speaker 3: Will be proportional.
Speaker 1: Well, they know that we have capabilities as well, so they will have to think, you know, twice before the attackers and what they are doing. And I would say that today we can reach every target in Iran. We have the control in terms of our.
Speaker 4: Pilot to reach every target.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, we have the capability. We focused on the goal earlier. I mentioned earlier the ballistic missile infrastructure and the nuclear facilities.
Speaker 4: How long will that take if you were to reach every target.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not going to be a show operation, and it will day, two weeks or months.
Speaker 1: No, I wouldn't say months, but it can take days or weeks.
Speaker 2: How lonely this is round at the United Nations at the moment.
Speaker 1: Well, I will let you know in a few minutes when I go there, Jonathan, But it's gonna be it's gonna be tough for us. I want already called for the Security Council to meet public.
Speaker 3: Will happen this afternoon.
Speaker 1: But you know, I will tell my colleague that the UN where were you in the last ten years when I ran threatened these? Well where were you when the same ballistic missions?
Speaker 3: Where were you.
Speaker 1: When they actually acquire the nuclear capabilities? So you know, words will not stop Iran is.
Speaker 4: Well will the international response Saudi Arabia calling it heines, the Native Secretary General calling for de escalation, the UN Secretary General calling for maximum or strain. Do you think there is a diplomatic group when it comes to dealing with this regime?
Speaker 1: Well, I think that you know already you have the Diplomatic Act and the time for that will come. But we thought that the diplomacy didn't convince Iran to change courts. You know, for decades they negotiated, they played the game. The light we found we had the intel that they are developing nuclear capabilities for military uses.
Speaker 4: There's some analysis so that under the JCPOA they were restrained, they were capped. They are not capped. Now when it comes to enrichment.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, without the JCPOA, they were continuing and what we only recently that you know, alongside the reactors and the plan that was supervised by the international community, they developed a military capability that they were hiding it from the international community. So once we realized that going to that direction, we decided to stop that.
Speaker 2: Ambassador, we preciate your time this morning, thanks for making saying. I'm sure you can have an exceptional pas ahead of yes, so thank you sir. This is running Ambassador to the UN janneton there and the latest attacks on the Round