Speaker 1: We're back. I need to figure out a beat. I feel like I always do the same one.
Speaker 2: Boom boom boom boom boom, boom boom.
Speaker 3: There kept boom boom. Get it's serve Maddie today. Gonna check some stuff about going off. Okay, I'm gonna keep flowing anyway. Okay, we're stopping, Maddie. That was beat.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're back. We've been I don't even remember when our last episode was.
Speaker 3: It's been a minute. Because you've been moving around, you know, I've been moving around.
Speaker 1: You've been winning championships.
Speaker 3: You've been ill, you been winning championships.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah I did when one. We'll get to that. There's a whole people. I feel like you need a.
Speaker 2: Whole explanation of what happens in the postseason. People just bounce and leave. Yeah, that's all going on.
Speaker 1: Okay, So since you guys won the championship, what have you been doing?
Speaker 3: Honestly, look at me, so I look like, Yeah, we're working out a lot. I'm back in the.
Speaker 2: Gym, you know, in the volleyball gym, just in the physical it's a weight gym.
Speaker 3: Okay, to be honest, yesterday we rap about the pool and a ball. They're playing pool volleyball by me, and a ball came to me and they're like, oh, can you put it? Can you obviously throw it back? And so I had it and I was like, I wonder if I can serve it over there? And then like as I tossed it, I got scared. So I just like knuckled it and ricocheted so bad. Like if you didn't know me, you know what I mean, Anybody like was like, look at this girl, this shoplay volleyball, She's terrible, like Maddie. It was so embarrassing. It ricocheted like off in a way I think it ricocheted off, hit like part of the pool and bounce back, and I was like it was really embarrassing. I was like, Okay, let's try this again. So I was like, mom, watch me, and I was like.
Speaker 1: Wait, ricocheted back to you and you try it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It was God. It was God telling me to just do it again. So I was like, you know what, there's some opportunity here. I'm gonna take advantage of it. I'm going to do it. And so I go and I'm like, don't be a yeah, And so I tossed it and I served it and I felt fine, so it was good. But okay, like this, we're back. Yeah, but just volleyball, just no volleyball, just in the gym, working out.
Speaker 1: You look like this because of that serve.
Speaker 3: No, I look like this because I've been working out every day and I saw my boattox done today, so.
Speaker 1: Oh I need to go.
Speaker 4: We know.
Speaker 3: You ran run into that, right, and I'm sorry. Now you look great now, you know. But anyways, besides that, just working out.
Speaker 1: I just had a birthday, so I'm just looking older.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 1: You look great, honestly, you put some weight back on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my my head meat is back, you know.
Speaker 1: Is that told you that?
Speaker 3: My sister? Yeah, so people don't know what head meat is. It's like the skin and the flesh on your on your head. Well, apparently I found out last night too. She saw him and she goes, oh my god, your head meets back. She goes, I was like, what did you meet? What did that look like? Before she goes, well, I don't know if you know, but you have a protruding brow line, a protruding Browbone's.
Speaker 2: Okay, your family always tells you how it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I believe her. I believe her, you know what I mean. And I was like a protruding brow bunch. She's like, yeah, she goes, not gonna lie, cat, She goes it was giving cave man. I said what and she goes, go back to your pictures and there was a picture. The picture of me and you standing outside the restaurant that we took were in the same shirt. I looked at it and like, there, I'm not gonna lie. It's like a won't and then I won't. But I was like, oh my god. No one told me that I was giving, like eat rock. No one told me that.
Speaker 2: I wasn't ever thinking that. I mean, I took a photo with you, so I wouldn't. If you really looked awful, I would have said, no, thank you, no photos.
Speaker 3: My sister's also so but being honest, maybe.
Speaker 1: A little too honest.
Speaker 2: Okay, so wait, but you were out here after season Wait? Yeah, that was like right, that was the weekend that you guys were.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I just I just came back and started working out. Yes, I've been traveling a little bit, but you.
Speaker 1: Me, you went to.
Speaker 3: Spanor went to see Bad Bunny.
Speaker 2: I wish I was looking for him everywhere. Yeah, I found him on some murals, but.
Speaker 1: Not in person. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So when season finish, I went, I move. I went back to La. That's when I saw you because you guys were here.
Speaker 1: I live in La. My husband and I bought a house.
Speaker 2: So then I was like when season finish, I was like, okay, great, I have all this time now to move into the house whatever. So I start doing that for a few days and then I get a call from a team in Puerto Rico and they're like finishing their season and their semi final and their championship right now. So I get a call from this team and they're like, hey, can you just come down for two weeks?
Speaker 3: I'm saying really quick every time you say hey, I hear Micah and like the video that was like hey, yeah, you guys have say yeah yeah, it's like this hey you the same way. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I went to Puerto Rico for two weeks. We won. It was awesome.
Speaker 2: The league there is like kind of different than ours because all of the girls, the Puerto Rican girls, they work like a daytime job, so then they can only practice that. Like you know, you played there, they practiced at like seven pms.
Speaker 1: You have the whole day.
Speaker 2: You go to the beach, you hang out, you have my pungo whatever, and then those those fungos.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that's all. That's the extent of that.
Speaker 2: But it was so much fun and the team was amazing, girls, really nice whatever, whatever.
Speaker 1: And then I just got back last week.
Speaker 3: M last week, that last week, yeah, that last week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't even know, yeah, last week.
Speaker 2: But it was like a fever dream and really really fun. And so now I'm officially starting the off season and now have to decorate a house. So if anyone has any recommendations on how to do that, we'll let me know.
Speaker 3: Let her know because she needs well obviously you get back to your normal life. Is the team still chatting it up? Is the Houston Love Houston still group chat still active?
Speaker 1: Honestly?
Speaker 2: No, I feel like once people finish the season, they're just like, I want to just kind of decompress, and the group chat is no longer active, So I don't know if that'll kick back up at all.
Speaker 1: But I don't know what about yours.
Speaker 3: Uh, definitely not, honestly, I think after actually zero communication. Yeah, seriously, I think most of the girls that most of them are like the girls that were part of our starting six. Majority of them are with national teams, so they're all together. Like you said once, this season is kind of over with. We just kind of like spread out in your own things.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I think AFL just also just coming off of a championship. It was just such a high, you know, and us being all around each other for so long. You need the space, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yes, hey, mom, now that I have an after school job, I think I want to buy a drum kit.
Speaker 3: Okay, rock Star, let's look at your account. When kids start making money, Chase has easy to use tools and expert bankers to help them learn how to manage it.
Speaker 4: And next month, I'll buy the bass drum and the symbols. Oh and maybe some noise canceling headphones for you.
Speaker 1: Ah, You've thought of everything.
Speaker 3: Help kids save budget and build financial independence, all with Chase. That's good for kids and good for parents. Visit your local Chase branch and get started account subject to approval. JP Morgan Chase Bank and a member FDIC.
Speaker 2: What's your kind of reflection of your whole season? You guys had an interesting kind of path from the whole season to a championship.
Speaker 3: Just like last year.
Speaker 1: Reflect on that for a minute of you guys hitting it at the correct right time both years.
Speaker 3: I think a big part of it comes I think it's just trust, and I think trust does not come easy. I feel like in any situation in your life and in any given time, and I think to literally just trust the fact that, like, no matter how things look, it's going to work out, you know what I mean. And even for sports, it's kind of difficult to really believe in that, especially when you're playing a team sport. I think it's easier to trust that aspect of the game as an athlete if you're doing something more individual, you know, like tennis or something like that, right, But to have trust not only within yourself but amongst like the entire team to get a certain common goal accomplished is very difficult. So I would say that like trust is one of our main things, one of our main like keywords of the whole season, Trusting the system, trusting the coaching staff, trusting each other, trusting ourselves, trusting the journey. I would say that was like the biggest thing. And obviously when things kind of were kind of unfolding towards them like they their unfolding. Especially going into the championship game and winning in the final and women in the semifinals, it was like, okay, well we're already here, been here before, we might as well just do it. So like you could trust that, like you guys did it last year, So it was like we kind of know what this feels like already, so like why couldn't we just do it again? I think we didn't really trust it towards. I wouldn't say we would put trust into like win in the championship, but I think we definitely directed our trust towards like the journey that like okay, last year it was up and down, but look where Look where it got us, and like that trust then took us to the championship game. Well, I would say that we left trust behind. We just did it, you know what I mean. And I think the same thing going into this season, as ugly as it was, you know, up and down throughout the regular season, you know, we trusted that like this is how it looks, but just no thin the tunnel, there's a light, you know. So once that light kind of showed up, it was like, oh, well, let's just do it. You know what I mean, Like, so yeah, definitely, I would say I say, like they will say, like, you know, thinking about last year definitely helped helped steer the ship a little bit, get a little bit. But you know, I think we just kicked into another gear once the championship game kind of like came around. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, you guys have done it twice now, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I say somebody at three Yeah for me, someone made it about that to me this past week, which is funny. I mean, you never know. I mean I can't say, you know, you never know. I think next year is going to be a lot different depending on how things flux from different teams. You know, we have two teams coming in and you know, we don't know where player are going to go. We have new players coming in. I think the competition is gonna be a lot more stiff next season for sure.
Speaker 2: The speak on speak on that for a second of like we don't know like where people are going, and like, yeah, maybe that's the unique part of our league is that Okay, they're they're adding three teams and like we really don't know who is going where or what's happening. Kind of like shakes out, the cards fall where they may, but like the powers that be kind of decide where everybody goes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's like crystal, people.
Speaker 2: Could be returning, people could be going different places. And so I think that people should prepare, the general public should prepare for a way different look next season.
Speaker 3: And I feel like the general public shouldn't be surprised, Like that's just sports in general. The NFL, WNBA, NBA players get drafted, players get moved around, you know, release, waved, whatever. It is, so like expect that the same thing for Love. I think Love has done such a great job, especially these past two years, is like keeping the same players amongst the teams to build a credibility, to to build a big fan base, to bring that kind of atmosphere. But now it's like, all right, we're now really like a really big franchise professional sport now. So it's like we're gonna start doing things like how the normal leagues and the states do it. So definitely shouldn't be too of a surprise.
Speaker 5: So so basically you get ready for some shakeups. Yeah, some shakes all right, So from your like personal game and journey through the season, because you had a unique experience, but maybe volleyball wise and then whatever else wise, what do you want to take into next season?
Speaker 3: If I'm being completely honest, Okay, we're trying completely honest.
Speaker 1: I would expect nothing less.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm trying my best to not let volleyball be a part of my mental identity. That makes sense. I think volleyball has put me in a lot of different situations and different expectations for myself and the people around me. And I think that, like, because volleyball is not forever, you know, I'm in it for a little bit more, but like I don't want to steer my mental space more around volleyball. So I would say with volleyball being a part of it, what I'm taking for myself next season that I've taken from this season is really just taking care of myself, you know what I mean, not letting like small insignificant things like get to me. Definitely being more patient with myself. I damn, I had to crash out this morning, because it's okay at the time, but I definitely crash out about something so bad this morning that I verbally said this ruined my entire day And it wasn't even eleven am yet, and it was some things so small to where like I had to go to my phone and say, but.
Speaker 1: Now I kind of want to know what it is.
Speaker 3: I took my necklace off that I just bought like two days ago at the pool yesterday, and I didn't remember picking it up and bringing it in the house yesterday, okay, and so I was looking for it and I couldn't find it. I went outside to the court, I couldn't find it. Yeah, anyways, but I cried at the pool and I ended up just getting in my car and driving go buy another one. And then I got to and I got there, my mom callsed me. I walked out of the store and bought a new one. My mom calls me. I got in the car and she goes, I found your necklace, and I go ope, So I turned her back around and took it back. Anyways, But yeah, but anyways, but just being patient and with myself and like just taking deep breaths.
Speaker 2: So what about you, Oh, next season, I don't know. We have a long time until next season. So this might be my first like pretty long off season because last year I went to Indonesia after and then I did six months potentially it's a lot of time, maybe five So I think for me, it's probably figuring out how to rest because I've learned that. I always thought like, oh, I'm really good at resting and taking time off, but I'm really good at filling my time with things to do that keep me busy. Like I love to work out, I love to be with my friends, all of those things, but I always want to.
Speaker 1: Find something to fill my time with.
Speaker 2: And I think maybe it's just a good time for me to learn how to take a step back a little bit and like reconnect with family and friends and like figure out my house situation. But I think all of this free time right now is probably like a healthy time for me to do a reset and then and then realize. I mean, I love volleyball a lot, like I want to play all the time, but maybe just take a step back. So then going forward into next season, it's like I really am ready to start and get back into it a healthy break. But yeah, I think I'm excited for next season, Like I could start playing next week because I want to be doing something.
Speaker 1: It's just my problem.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think I'm just gonna take take some rest time for me and be enjoy enjoy the step away for a second. But if anyone's playing out there like in La, somebody let me know.
Speaker 3: Maddie is like itching right now. Speaking of touching balls. Okay, we had a birthday.
Speaker 1: Oh those go hand in hand.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I had a birthday. I just turned thirty three and you were out here. We went and saw down Tolliver. We took ourselves out to the club and it was a fantastic time.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: Very expensive time, by the way, guys, it's an expensive time that I.
Speaker 3: Will Madnie is expensive. She is expensive. She was at Vegas last year, but last year in Vegas I think years as well. Oh that was two years ago.
Speaker 1: It was two years ago. I was just kidding, keep paying in Vegas last year.
Speaker 3: I don't want to go to Vegas. I've been kind of itching and go to Vegas.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, well, like our next question in our on our Topics says, when are we reuniting?
Speaker 1: Maybe we should just do a Vegas trip?
Speaker 3: Should we maybe should go to Vegas?
Speaker 1: We love Vegas.
Speaker 3: No, I'm being serious.
Speaker 2: I'm so serious, you know, I say, you know, I say yes to everything.
Speaker 3: We could just go, but like even if its just for like two days, we.
Speaker 1: Just go to Vegas.
Speaker 2: You I won that bet that one time, so you still owe me, like Carbo.
Speaker 3: What bet is that? Because we won a championship.
Speaker 2: So no, no, the bet was about us beating you. You guys still never beat us all season though you won a championship, but you never beat Houston.
Speaker 1: What riddled me that?
Speaker 3: No? We hate We beat y'all one time this season.
Speaker 2: No, the season before, Yes, but they didn't play.
Speaker 3: First the first Wow, that was a knee slapper. The first time we played y'all.
Speaker 1: We didn't win this season. No, we were at the Spurs Arena.
Speaker 3: We beat you three seeing if you just remember, Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Remember because that was we were zero and three and then we beat you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then that started the high for y'all to go up. That's true.
Speaker 1: And then we went up and then we kind of plateaued right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe I'll take you to dinner. But we should go to Vegas. That sounds fun, Okay, I'm so down. We should like record that.
Speaker 1: It's going to Vegas.
Speaker 2: We should bring back our other series, Maddie and Kat do that, and then we just go to Vegas. And we hire a team, and then we start a reality show. And then this goes big, it goes serving pan Clate, whoa, I can't talk serving pancakes Netflix?
Speaker 3: Yeah, or just Cat and Maddie do that and we move in. I'm moving. I'm moving into your house in the summer.
Speaker 1: Okay, serving reality?
Speaker 3: Yes, oh, serving reality? Hey, uh huh Hey, I can't do it. Hey, that's actually really good, like serving reality. I like that. Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 1: I'm clocking that.
Speaker 3: Are you watching any TV shows? What's going home? Yeah? What do you do if you're not? You're not playing volleyball, thinking about playing volleyball or with your friends? Are you sitting at home and sitting down and actually watching TV?
Speaker 1: Sometimes? Oh? I've been watching Have you watched the show Running Point on Netflix?
Speaker 3: Oh? No?
Speaker 2: What's her face? From How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days? Give me the name production Kate Hudson.
Speaker 1: There we go, Thank you.
Speaker 2: No, you would like it. It's about basketball. It's like she owns a basketball team, the La Waves.
Speaker 1: Anyways.
Speaker 3: Good, someone I know is watching that. Okay, it's good.
Speaker 2: The first season was really good. So I've been watching the second season of that. I don't know I feel like I have so much to do, like chores basically, okay, that I can't even just like sit down and watch a show right now.
Speaker 3: Well, you are in the midst of moving, so that makes sense, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like now and like things never end, Like there's always something like yesterday I planted flowers.
Speaker 1: For the first time.
Speaker 3: So you didn't go to Carly's.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, oh wait, I have to tell you what happened. Okay, everyone, I was supposed So there's a whole saga behind this. But Carly Lloyd's daughter Storm is like the cutest little human of all time. Girl Storm Girl's birthday was yesterday and she's starting five, right, and so Carly sends me the invite like weeks ago, and I was like, yes, I'll be there one hundred percent because Storm and I have just this spond and she texted. Carli messages me yesterday and is like are you coming today? Like Storm's really excited. She keeps asking if you're coming, and I was like, yes, one hundred percent. And there carl lives like five minutes from me, and so it's like Harry.
Speaker 1: Potter and Star Wars themed.
Speaker 2: I'll send the photo to production so you can see, Like I had my Harry Potter costume weight like on, and she texted me, she goes, the gatecode is like whatever whatever. I was like, gate code, Like her house doesn't have a gatecode. It's at her parents' house in San Diego. It's two hours ago.
Speaker 1: I was like no, like I thought it was like your house. So I said this photo.
Speaker 2: I literally got a stick and everything from the backyard, like I was ready.
Speaker 1: I was so sad. So I'm going to see Storm this week because.
Speaker 3: I owe her a playdate car present.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well no, that's why I didn't call you yesterday because I was going to get a gift from me, a gift from Cat to give to Storm.
Speaker 1: But that was a I fumbled that so hard.
Speaker 3: That's okay, she understands, I hope.
Speaker 2: So anyway, Okay, moving on, what else we got? Do you have any athletic goals outside of volleyball?
Speaker 1: Do you want to run a marathon? Do you want to do an iron Man?
Speaker 2: Do you want to just continue to be the leader of uh solid core?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm the leader of solid core right now. Actually I've been to I've taken now I think two or three classes right now in the past two weeks, and I'm feeling all good. Yeah. Oh, I mean I'm doing everything in moderation obviously, like and like modified, but like I'm feeling good. No, Honestly, my goals is just to like heal and be strong. That's my only goal, and to be sexy af I just want to look so good. I don't want to it doesn't have to be like. I just want to be like like slim, skinny, lean, and if it works out for volleyball, great, but like I want my personal health and like what I want to do being.
Speaker 1: Thirty three body t Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't think I want to look too much like athletic anymore because I already have that naturally going for me. So I'm definitely feeling the skinny Barbie kind of thing.
Speaker 2: So I gone, you're going to keep the caveman forehead.
Speaker 3: Well, my meat, the meat is a little bit and with botox hopefully will help it. Like you know, right, yeah, I'm gonna I want to Right now, I'm sitting there like I'm sitting back at one seventy seven between one seventy and four, back and forth, so I can want to stay below like no more than one eighty. That's like my my main goal, yes, which means my ass won't be big anymore. So you can take the cake now, Maddie. You can have the base always now. No, she didn't know, she didn't and.
Speaker 1: She always had it.
Speaker 3: Definitely. Okay, what about you since she's besides you fucking playing.
Speaker 1: My athletic aduls.
Speaker 2: No, I guess my athleticals are just to stay strong. I like feeling strong and healthy, like I don't. I have no reason to be well. I don't know, like I don't.
Speaker 1: Need to be like skinny. I like being like a like strong and healthy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as long as I feel good, I really don't care.
Speaker 1: And I don't even I don't really even step on a scale.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't, I would break it.
Speaker 1: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: Until you had like a medical scare and you had to that's funny.
Speaker 3: Like I talked about my body. Now I'm like, oh, it was giving skinny body, And my mom's like, but you cheated, like, ah, yeah, so you could get there alone. Oh had me in the in the in the trenches.
Speaker 1: Oh they had you in a choke hold.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But now I'm like, I'm okay, I'm mill prepping just because I should. Honestly, I'm full of ship. To be honest, the only reason why I'm the skinny and eating well is because I literally have to. If I could eat big ass taco buddy.
Speaker 2: Okay, but through your intestines again, it would it would be hurt.
Speaker 3: It would hurt me, for sure. I've tried, and it's just it's not kid, that's just so okay. Yeah, but I'm literally eating ground turkey, broccoli and rice. That's about as like it's getting right now. Yeah, it sounds off. Yeah, that's my fault though. I scared myself anyways, But that's all right.
Speaker 2: Thank you for watching. Serving Pancakes. I'm Mattie rachel and I'm.
Speaker 3: Cat Bell and we'll catch you guys on.
Speaker 1: The flop on the flip side. Hey, hey, good.
Speaker 3: Serving Pancakes is an iHeart women's sports production and partnership with Deep Blue Sports Entertainment. You can find us on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you get your podcast. Production by the League one Volleyball, we're your hosts, Pat Beell and Mattie Rachelle. See you on the flip side.