Speaker 1: We know this is an older team, but I think the age the experience will eventually shine through. We have seen this team do this kind of just about every season around this time.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, and welcome to the live episode, a brand new episode of Dodgers Territory. Katie Wu, Clint Pasias, Alana Rizzo. We're your hosts for the next thirty plus minutes. Great to be with you, guys. Get those comments in the chat. I'm sure you guys have a lot to talk about. The Dodgers have scuffled mightily. Don't worry, it's going to be great, but they have struggled, guys, a lot to get to.
Speaker 3: Let's get to the big ticket, all right.
Speaker 2: So they have avoided the sweep with a Saturday night extra innings win, but it took extra innings to get a win.
Speaker 3: But they lose the series to the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 2: They've lost eight of their last nine, ten of their last thirteen. I am not willing to panic yet, but I guess it does show guys that they're not going to go one hundred and sixty two and oh and sometimes you can hit these lulls in the season. Clint, I don't know what you make of the skid. But they're starting to show their age a little bit. Is that fair to say?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we know this is an older team, but I think the age the experience will eventually shine through. We have seen this team do this kind of just about every season around this time. Older folks, you got the heat, you know, it's a little more difficult maybe to stay up all day through the sun. I was day drinking yesterday in like ninety nine degree weather and my ass was kicked. I had to come back home, have myself a good little like three hour Napski helped helped your boy out there. But we've seen him do this. They will figure it out. You still, this is why you build up that equity early in the season. When it comes to the the NL West lead, they still have a seven and a half game lead. Despite the struggles, they have lost a lot of ground. But the thing I know a lot of people are worried about is the fact that they don't currently have a grasp of the first round by Dave said, he's not panicked. I don't think I'm panicked. I can guarantee you Katie Wu is not panicked about this team. How you feeling, Wu?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I picked a great weekend to be off.
Speaker 5: I don't know about you guys, but I was checking back it on Sunday and I was like, oh, shout out Bobby and doing all the heavy lifting from that series. I'm not panicking, but I will say if the Dodgers do not have a good series against the Kansas City Royals, who had a soft cell at the deadline, and they're gonna have their Dodger Stadium debut of Trek's Google Blake Snell's coming back Tuesday, if they don't take two or three against Kansas City, then I'm gonna start looking at the long term, I think, longevity of this team, and then what they need to do to make sure that they get that first round by because like you said, Clint, today, if playoffs started today, they would not have that first round by.
Speaker 4: They're playing a wildcard round against the Phillies. I believe.
Speaker 5: So not panicking, yet, every team is allowed to go through a stretch like this. Dodger fans, Dodgers in general, aren't accustomed to stretches as brutal as this. They usually lose to and step back right into it, losing the last eight of nine.
Speaker 4: I think has shown some legitimate I.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't say fears, but concerns things to monitor going down the stretch of the regular season. Not hitting that panic button yet. Let's see what they do against Kansas City. They're back home, Schooble day, Snell day tomorrow, get some morale up against an AL Central team that's not really all that competitive this year, and see where we go from there.
Speaker 2: Maybe they're not too old. Maybe they just hit a slump, right. I mean, we love to love on them when they do a great job, which is the majority of the time. But maybe it's okay to have a slump now in August, the dog days of summer, if you will. Then it is going to be obviously when the postseason starts. Thank goodness they have the cushion that they have because they've really scuffled last eight games.
Speaker 3: But I mean, this is such a long season.
Speaker 2: I would much prefer they go through this now then go through it at the wrong time of the year. And again Freddie Rieven talked about it. He said, listen, we're still a good team. There's no panic with the team itself, and there really shouldn't be any panic with us either. It's just a little bit more glaring when the team was doing so well and you know, kicking everybody's but to have this situation where there's so many back to back losses and then you have, you know, the blown save from Edwin Diaz and that type of thing.
Speaker 3: I think it's just magnified.
Speaker 2: More because we're accustomed to them winning more than they lose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're watching a team also right now they don't have Will Smith, who is a captain for the pitching staff. Not the pitching has really been a terrible issue. We'll talk about Rableski. Obviously, the offense is an issue. We're going to talk about that in our second segment of the show. Robleski not having a great outing on Sunday, but not having Will in there, and then also his understudy not having Dalton in there. I think there is a pretty big well, we know offensively, there is a massive drop off when you're going from Will Smith and Dalton rushing two. As much as I love them, Ben Rourtvett and you know Hunter Fidusha, that's just a fact and that's a that's a big change. We talked about it a little bit, Katie, you know, as the trades happened, but right just after the trades happened. But that that's a big change just overall for the club, whether it be in the clubhouse or with the pitching staff. And then also having somebody with will could hit three, four or five in your lineup. Not having that dude around might be starting to see the effects of it.
Speaker 4: I think so too.
Speaker 5: And I think that's that's less on Mortvett and Fidusha and more of just the Dodgers offense in general, which I'm sure we'll get into. We heard Dave Roberts say it. Those two catchers are there to hit ninth, and any offense they get is a bonus. They're not counting on these guys to fuel the offense, and that should be fine given the names in this lineup. But the names in this lineup have not been hitting either. So when you go one through nine and you have someone in the nine hole that's there for defense only, it kind of can compartmentalize and even snowball into the rest of the lineup because when you do get those very scoring opportunities, let's just say your number nine hitter gets up and you know they don't really have the slug Maybe of adult and Rushing. Again, that's not their job, that's not why they're here. But it just kind of magnifies the offensive woes in general. And I think this was the exact situation the Dodgers were trying to avoid.
Speaker 4: Both of these guys are coming in.
Speaker 5: They were sought after for a reason, because the Dodgers needed someone who knew their staff at least a little bit. And this is a situation that I don't think either catcher was really looking at come August second, and to be fair, I don't think the Dodgers were looking at it either. The fact that Rushing's UCL injury happened the day before the trade deadline was a bit fortunate because it gave the Dodgers a chance to fix it, but not a lot of times. So this just seems like a kind of rushing all together. Let's patchwork it until Will Smith gets back. We'll talk to Dave Roberts today and get an update on where Will.
Speaker 4: Smith is at.
Speaker 5: But you know, I don't really think it's fair to I don't think you are Quinn at all putting all this on the catching spot because it is I think from the twenty six man roster perspective, just hasn't been good Dodger baseball over the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, Rotvet and Fidusha. Managing a pitching staff and having that familiarity that's going to pay dividends even if the offense isn't where we would like it to be. But again, anything that they get offensively coming out of.
Speaker 3: The nine hole is a benefit.
Speaker 2: Let's address the Justin Rableski situation for a moment. Guys, Again, I don't think the pitching has been the widespread issue that's gone on with this team in the slump has been absolutely a lack of offense. But over the course of his last three starts, Clint and I.
Speaker 3: Know that you love to talk about pitching, so I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Defer to you on this fifteen earned runs over his last twelve and a third, he's given up nine home runs.
Speaker 3: Location command is not it? What do you make of it? Well, hear from Justin momentarily, but what do you make of it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a long season. This is the most he's ever pitched, like with out some sort of time off or without being kind of shifted in his roles and things in that sort of regard he's already he's just shy of the innings total that he threw last year combined between the minor leagues, major leagues, and the postseason. Through one hundred and twenty three innings, we are at one hundred and twenty in change right now, one hundred and twenty and a third. He also had two three more months to accumulate that inning total last year, So I do wonder if there's a little bit of fatigue in there, and you know, when you're tired, the arm maybe will be a little quick or lag behind. The mechanics are going to be a little bit off. And he talked about it. We'll listen to the shark right here, who is you know? The shark bites right now, and I think he'll tell you as much. It has been tough going and it's a location issue probably more than anything. But the location comes with command. So let's listen to what Rableski had to say after that last bad outing.
Speaker 6: I'm just not good enough right now. What it comes down to, it's it's really frustrating. It's you know, execution just hasn't been as good. I feel like today just wasn't good enough. And again I gotta be better, so you know, again move forward. I'm not the type to give up, so I'm I'm ready to bear down. And this is kind of where, you know, you can go two ways, and I'm excited to kind of keep working and I'm excited for my next one.
Speaker 2: Well what are you looking at though, just when you're kind of looking at the footage?
Speaker 1: Was there something you can point to today that you really want to focus on as you prepare for your next one?
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, I mean I just wasn't executing the way I wanted to. You know, I got the ball into Marte, but just not you know where I wanted to in and you know, he got one and that was kind of the killer of the doubting really in my opinion, and then just left a couple of pitches up the middle where they could handle them. And yeah, just not good.
Speaker 1: Enough, not good enough. Didn't sound extremely happy with himself, and he shouldn't. You know, the numbers aren't good and this is a guy who you know, was just an All Star. Looked exceptionally that All Star Game, also looked really good against the Phillies. Coming out of that All Star Game, Katie, do you think there is kind of a little bit of a fatigue factor with this, or I know some people are worried about pitch tipping. I've heard people say get him of the bigger glove while they're at it. Is it just is it? You know, the league catching up to him. What's kind of your your view of mister Justin Ribleski, friend of the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now just go ahead and give him the Rokie special everything. We'll be fine. I think it's fair when you're looking.
Speaker 5: And this is something that I asked Dave Roberts after Justin Rableski's start in Chicago.
Speaker 4: You know, we know he's getting close to.
Speaker 5: His innings limit, and I'm looking at the stats right here. He's up to one hundred and twenty and a third on the season. Now, that's getting very close to a season high of last year. And I asked Dave Roberts, is that a concern going forward? And he said, no, not really because the stuff behind the scenes, the metrics they all metch up to being very consistent with how he's performed all season long. So you heard Rableski say it's execution more than anything. If the stuff was dropping, if the vila was dropping, and you know you're going to see a higher velo compared to twenty twenty five to twenty twenty six pe because a large chunk of his workload was in the bullpen.
Speaker 4: So the stuff is naturally going to play up anyway.
Speaker 5: But when you're looking at the stuff throughout the season, it's all been pretty even. It's just about location, command, execution, and that hasn't really been there in the second half for Rableski, and I think that can be a combination of two things the league could be catched up to him. I mean, this is a guy who is relatively new to a lot of major league hitters in the first half, and I think the book is kind of out on where he likes to attack, what he likes to do. And then I think, you know, location and command and that's all. That's all correlated obviously. But the big thing for me is justin Rabuski making sure he can get through the rest of the regular season.
Speaker 4: I know what that Indians limit is something they're going to be mindful of.
Speaker 5: But it doesn't sound like it's a concern because the stuff matches what it's looked like all season. It's all about executing and you know you can sit there and be like, we'll just execute better.
Speaker 4: Much easier said than done.
Speaker 5: I think Rabuski is is definitely feeling the frustration of that right now.
Speaker 2: It kind of reminds me, guys, sorry Clint, but it kind of reminds me of the whole Ross strippling situation back in twenty eighteen. I almost love that was his call up year, but you corrected me. You're right, it was twenty sixteen when he got called up. But twenty eighteen is when he had so many innings pitched, right, I mean that is a career high in innings for Strip. It was an All Star year for Strip, so same type of situation where he didn't get even though it's only three or four days, it matters in the course of one hundred and sixty two game season, not to mention, you know, three or four starts in spring training and then obviously what you hope to get into in the postseason. But in twenty eighteen, Strip had a six four to one ERA over his final eight starts. Remember Alex Wood three point six four ERA in seven second half starts in two thousand and seventeen, So I mean, maybe that's what the situation is kind of chicken Strip two point zero for Justin Erbleski.
Speaker 3: I mean, these guys, there's.
Speaker 2: Always going to be a first time that somebody goes through this amount of innings. This is you know, you see it with all the rookies of all the other teams as well. You start to really get concerned about the amount of innings that these guys are having to throw. And maybe he's just kind of hit a blip and a little bit of fatigue, and he's he's got to train his body how to be able to get through a full season, which he hasn't had an opportunity to do so at this level, with this many high leverage innings, this many you know, pitches, this, that and the other things. So Connor reminds me it Connor reminds us rather of Ross strippling back in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it happens. You know, you get tired, you get a little bit of dead arm in there, and you know, this is the next challenge now for Robo to kind of figure out how to get himself back on track, how to get the arm feeling good. As we mentioned, it's not just a Justin Rabuski problem. It's not It wasn't just an imachian problem before he was sent down. It's not terribly a pitching problem. You know, two blown saves where Edwin Diaz. Notwithstanding, it's an offensive problem for this team. You got to put more points on the board to beat the other team, and they are struggling about that. We are going to dive into all of that coming up and behind the scenes, behind the seams. But first a word from our friends over at foul Territory.
Speaker 7: I know this is a busy time of year for many of you, including AJ. When you're home, you need everything to get done fast with quality.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, That's why Factor meals are perfect for me. Ready in two minutes, healthy, pre made protein, all the things I like, vegetables, They're all mixed into one and it's quick, easy cleanup. Don boom, I'm full, Move on to the next task.
Speaker 7: No prep, no cleanup. Every week you'll find over one hundred nutrient dense menu items to choose from and new options like salmon burgers, shredded pork, and much more. Plus add on Jill crave like pumpkin flavored cheesecake and protein shakes. Let's eat real head to Factor Meals dot Com. Slash foul fifty off and use code foul five zero off to get fifty percent off and one free breakfast item per box for one year while supplies last until ten thirty one, twenty six. That's code foul fifty off at Factor Meals dot Com Foul fiftyoff Factor Meals dot Com. See website for more details.
Speaker 1: We are kidding behind the seams, and the thing is with this team, the offense is bad. I know your colleague over at the Athletic Katie talked about some parts of the offensive woes. We have seen people mentioning a lot more how bad they have been against fastballs, particularly high fast balls this season, but just fastballs in general, and especially since July first. But what's kind of your view here and what can you help us extrapolate from Fabian's column there about where the offense is and hell help us figure out when it's going to wake up?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think a lot of Dodgers fans would like to answer to that question. I think Fobbian does a great job of breaking it down the struggles against the fastballs. The Dodgers have seen the most fastballs in the league since July first, and they've had a lot of trouble.
Speaker 4: Timing it up and teeing it up.
Speaker 5: But if you can't time up the heater, you sure as heck are going to struggle timing up the secondary pitches. So you're a scene across the board just lin an offense, and to me, it looks like this team is pressing. I'll go ahead and just read some numbers from July first to August tenth, which I believe is today. Their average is they're hitting two twenty as a team. That's the twenty seventh in baseball. Their slugging percentage of three fifty nine is twenty eighth. So those are not numbers that you come to expect from this Dodgers offense. To me, though, looking at them collectively, it seems like an issue of pressing. And you can look at some of these numbers chase rates up, walk rates down. Those are the two things that you look at when a team is pressing collectively. So you know, shout out to front of the show, doctor cujuskiper sending me these numbers, because I certainly didn't have.
Speaker 4: Them off the top of my head. He breaks it down really well.
Speaker 5: Since July tenth, which was the series the Dodgers were swept by the d Backs.
Speaker 4: Heading into the All.
Speaker 5: Star Break, their chase rate is thirty one point two percent. That's pretty high. Their walk rate six point eight percent pretty low. That's the fifth worst walk rate in MLB in that time. And when you are really trying to press as an offense and you're trying to score runs, it's difficult. When you're starting pitching for as good as they've been, have give up runs in the beginning of the game.
Speaker 4: I think we saw that yesterday.
Speaker 5: Rarebusco goes out there, slaps up two runs in the first and the second.
Speaker 4: All of a sudden, you're trailing.
Speaker 5: By a crooked member and you're pressing again because you're like, Okay, we have to score.
Speaker 4: It's been so.
Speaker 5: Hard, we're already trailing, and it can be kind of a mental mind game. So I'm looking at the Dodgers and it's again not very helpful to just say stop pressing, but to kind of go back to what they were doing earlier in the season, which is working counts, being very selective with their pitching, working their walks.
Speaker 4: They're a very athletic team.
Speaker 5: They have some slug when they can actually, you know, put the bat or the barrel on the ball and just I don't know, make this this Royals pitching staff. I know, we don't know who's gonna start. We might know who's going to start. I think they did list their probables. There we go, Well, Noah Cameron, tonight, make them work, get deep intoccounts, and stop pressing so much to the point where you're essentially giving a bats away.
Speaker 4: So many of these ad bats look like to.
Speaker 5: Me that you know, they're downh one or one two early and these bats are over. So it's the chase that's up, the wall, grate that's down. Those are two sides that an offense is not feeling good. Collectively, God has those numbers turn around.
Speaker 2: It's almost like they should do less, right, I mean it sounds silly to say that, but do less kind of just get back to just the basics in terms of things. I mean, they're doing things that are very uncharacteristic.
Speaker 3: Of a team as good as the Dodgers are.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's it's the base running blunders, right, It's running yourselves into outs, it's running yourselves into inning ending out and those types of things. The big swing, kind of exactly what Katie was saying. It's just they're chasing outside of the zone. They're chasing at pitches that are not strikes. They're they're not within their own their own strike zone. They're massive swings in situations that don't count for massive swings. It's just kind of like they're going backwards. It's almost as if, you know, going back to Game five against the Yankees, when the Yankees had all of those crazy blunders that allowed the Dodgers to tie the game and then all t stimately go on to win.
Speaker 3: The World Series.
Speaker 2: But it's like it's it's the lack of fundamental baseball and just making like stupid mistakes. That's very unlike what this team does to have the success that it's having.
Speaker 1: So do less, do the same. Le oh Mark is here watching. You must be excited about less more less more mentality. But yeah, we hear. We've heard for so long the Dodgers over use the cliche of staying within ourselves, trying not to do too much. But it feels like this is a team to you know, pairt again the idea, Yeah, this is a team that is pressing one hundred percent and that is not necessarily the Dodger way of doing things. And and you know, to borrow from Dave, we're not seeing them use a lot of different clubs in particular situations. You know, everybody's got the driver or or driving iron out or something like that, when you might maybe be better suited for a lab wedge, maybe a nine iron. Something you choke down kind of check up, gets something the green set up for let's say it's a partner and to scramble set up for the next guy to have a nice you know, three foot put in. Everybody wants to hit the hole in one right now. Now, I'm just really stuck on Dave's golf adage. I think I want to go play some golf. But yeah, it's interesting. And to the people in the comments, who are gonna say fire Rob van Skoyak, fire Aaron Bates, even though you guys probably don't even know Aaron Bates is the other hitting coach. It's not the hitting coaches, because who's there to say thank you to Rob van Skoyak when the Dodgers are doing what they usually do, when they're hitting a bunch of dingers and winning fifteen games in a row. Even though it feels like it's been a while, so it's been that, you know, it's it's suddenly. It's not the hitting coaches being like, yeah, whatever, just do what you want. No, it happens, and slumps are contagious, and we're seeing that offensively right now, and you're seeing one guy trying to go up there and be like, you know what, I'm gonna help the boys out here. I'm gonna hit a Grand Slam. Problem is there's one runner on base, you know, all right now, I'm just going to have too much fun with it. But yeah, just he's detention baby. As soon as you get one inning where they score four or five, I think that is going to be the dam that takes that pressure off. And I had mentioned on my Friday postgame show on All Dodgers Subscribe that I think that game was one that maybe it doesn't call for a closed door meeting. It's not Dave throwing shit or anything, but somebody was gonna step up and say something. Miguel Rojas ended up texting the team saying, this is the start of our sprint right now. They did win the next day barely Sunday did not win, but I think it is that time. They are feeling the pressure and they're trying to find something that has worked in the past. But yeah, less is more, and once it starts happening, the team's gonna go back to having a lot of fun. We're all going to go back to having a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: That's also this game, right, I mean, baseball is such a weird game. If the season ends today, the Chicago White Socks have a first Round by and the Dodgers, don't you know, like the Red Sox have gone on this unbelievable, ridiculous tear. They went from the worst team in the American League to one of the best teams in the American League and they're chasing the Yankees and they might win the division. Tampa Bay is playing incredibly well, and they have been all season long.
Speaker 3: But you never know what can happen.
Speaker 2: I mean, yes, in eight games, when you have that many losses and that type of stretch, it seems like the world is ending.
Speaker 3: You know, Pet's heads are falling off, as Clinton always likes to say.
Speaker 4: But it's just.
Speaker 2: It's just a small stretch in a very, very long season. This team is too good. They have been for too long to let this, you know over. I mean, I'm more concerned about the number one seed than I am about anything. But should I be concerned on August tenth about the number one seed?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: But I mean if we're gonna, if we're gonna freak out about something, I guess that's what I'm freaking out about today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we need things to freak out about during the you know, over the course of a long one hundred and sixty two games. If not, what we do isn't fun. But that's part of being a fan, you know, like that you expect this team to go one hundred and sixty two and oh, it's just not a reality. And you know me, I'm always that guy who likes to look at Oh, well, this next series is gonna be big because they're they're gonna have an off day or they're going to a different city. Now they're back home where they just left when the last time they left Dodger Stadium wasn't pretty, did not have a great series. But I feel like right now, you got seven games at home, then another quick three roadie and then they're gonna spend some time at home. I think after something Utah, I think you had mentioned on Foul last week, Katie, like the fact that and in a column they have been grinding coming out of the All Star break, a lot of East Coast games, a lot of on the road. These are but humans. They would like to be home. They would like to spend time in their own bed with the families, getting that routine, go to their coffee shop and all of that. I think this is finally the home stand where it's like, all right, let's just we're home, let's breathe, and you know, let's go win some damn ball games.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's subtle in right, and I think there is something to be said. Again, every single team goes through a brutal travel stretch, but this team had I think I think it's fair to say some trouble rebounding and recovering from that almost two week East Coast stretch to kick off the second half of the season. And you look at how this lineup and this active roster is currently constructed. We've talked about this very right handed heavy Basically, no outside of a backup catcher that you're not going to sub int to pinch it anyway, there's no way to really balance that lineup out, there's no really to play, no way to really play the platoons. Dave Roberts is kind of stuck playing his regulars and doesn't really have a way to work in consistent rest the way that this older roster might need to. I think that's something else to monitor. Again, maybe we're nepicking here, but something to look at down the stretch is how can Dave make sure that this team is winning enough to lock down that first round by and also resting his regular so that at the time that postseason does come, they are actually able to play to the potential or the ability that they.
Speaker 4: Need to be successful in October.
Speaker 5: Lots of moving parts here. You're going to try to get right against the Royals. Again, this is a very winnable series. You got big schoobl home debut tonight that we're going to talk to talk about in the next segment. Blake Snell returns Tuesday. Gotta get right because we have four game our Dodge. Of the four games against the Brewers at the end of the week, that's a big series. That's a really big series, and I think a good test to see where the Dodgers are.
Speaker 4: Competing against some of the best in the National League.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one thousand percent. That could be a playoff preview come this weekend. All right, much more to come. We're going to talk a little bit more about Schooble two Dodger Stadium and his first outing as a Dodger. But first award from our friends at Foul Territory.
Speaker 7: Science Experiment for the one minute we had to tell you about why we love Quint's electrolytes, including watermelon salt, raspberry salt. And I'm holding a citrus salt. Just opened it and pour some powder into my water, shake it up, and AJ, why do you love it?
Speaker 8: I love Quints because after a long night out and a long day at the gym, a long walk in this Florida humidity, it tastes great and it gives me all the electric lights I need. Why sugar free, Stevia free, keto approve and taste sweet because of that delicious fermented rice.
Speaker 7: It does taste really good. I'm drinking it right now while we talking about it. It's also made in the USA, rigorously third party tested. Give your body what it really needs to stay hydrated. Go to quints dot com slash foul for free shipping on your order and three sixty five day returns. That's q u i ncee dot com slash f ou l for free shipping and three sixty five day returns quins dot com slash foul. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, I want to introduce you once again to Dodger fan favorite.
Speaker 3: This is not cho not Choe is being uh is being fustered? Is the word I'm looking for?
Speaker 2: In La Puente, which is close to Clint's house, and Clint's not the one fostering him, although I think.
Speaker 3: Clint should have him.
Speaker 2: He is about two months old or excuse me, two years old.
Speaker 3: He's a good boy.
Speaker 2: He's learning some leash manners. He's healthy, vaccinated because it gets along great with other dogs, wonderful with kids. Would really love for him to be with an active family, somebody that can do like short little runs with him or some good walks. He's a sweetheart and he is ready for his forever home. If you're interested in adopting Nacho, please hit me up at Gidrey's guardian dot Org or certainly through the d MS.
Speaker 3: He's a good boy. His mom, Millie, was adopted, so now it's his turn.
Speaker 1: I love that hat. I asked you earlier too, when when you're texted Nacho to us like can he hit.
Speaker 4: Base?
Speaker 3: Maybe he can hit the fastball. I don't know. They need some help.
Speaker 2: I can try to get him trained to do that, but he does definitely need a forever home. All right, before we say goodbye here, guys, the thought about Eric Scooble playing or pitching rather at home for the first time as a Dodger, Katie, you will be there. He had a decent outing in his first outing, but that was on the road.
Speaker 3: What do you hope to see?
Speaker 5: I think there's no better person than for the Dodgers to look to to stop the skid than there.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's hard calling him an ace.
Speaker 5: He is an ace, obviously, but they have so many aces, so one of their aces, their newest ace, is perhaps more accurate.
Speaker 4: And I think this is it's been a.
Speaker 5: Whirlwind for school, and I'm sure we'll talk about it in a second, but for him to come back and pitch it home and to really see. You know, I'm sure it's very hard to have left the only organization that you've ever known as a trait, something he didn't have a say in. For him to come to Dodger Stadium and pitch in one of the best stadiums in all of baseball and to feel I think, hopefully the Dodger fan reception. I think that might unlock a different level of competitive nature for I'm not to say that he wasn't competitive against the Cubs, but there was just so much that had happened in the last seventy two hours for him. He's had about a week to say this new organization, he's going to pitch in his new home ballpark for the first time. They need him to go out there and set them straight. So I would love to see some school dominance tonight.
Speaker 1: This is what you go out and acquire a guy like Terrek Scooble to be your stopper. He needs to be the stopper, and he needs to lay out the red carpet or the blue carpet for Blake Snow's return tomorrow for two wins in a row. But yeah, it's going to be interesting because of obviously the comments Trek Scooble made on that Barstool podcast last week. You know, some fans can can turn pretty quickly. I would hope the fan base is smart enough to understand everything you just mentioned there, Katie, like that that was dramatic thing. It's a traumatic thing for somebody who spent their entire life with that organization, did not necessarily want to be traded. All of a sudden, you're traded, and and you know you're a lot of things are moving pretty quick.
Speaker 2: The fact that he was, I mean, remember how how sad Freddy Freeman was when he got signed by the Dodgers when Atlanta didn't bring him back. I mean, that was a great That was a great sign for both teams. Matt Olsen's been tremendous for Atlanta. Freddie obviously probably goes into the Hall of Fame in a Dodger's cap. But you guys, their player, you know, they're people first. And I have no problem with what Tarek school said. It's been ten minutes. It's like when you break up with an X, and you you didn't want to be broken up with, and that X says, hey, maybe we can make this workout long term. I just need a couple of minutes. You're gonna want to go back with the X. I mean Trek Scooble. If he does get signed long term by the Dodgers, you know he's going to hit free agency because of Scott Boris.
Speaker 3: He may change his opinion, but I have no problem with what Tarek school said. He was just a Tiger seven minutes ago. That's all he's ever known.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's.
Speaker 4: Allowed to miss that.
Speaker 5: He's a you can miss your organization and be very thankful for what the Tigers did from you. Think about how he ascended throughout his career to where he is right now, back to back American League, say on the winner, one of the best pitchers unquestionably in the game. You're gonna feel a lot of gratitude and a lot of thanks and a lot of support for that organization. That doesn't mean that he's not committed to pitching for the Los Angeles Dodgers. And I think you know it's easy to be like, oh, we said he'd go back to Detroit or he said he misses it. Well, yeah, that's the only organization he's ever known. But that doesn't mean he's not one hundred percent committed to the uniform that he's in right now, and the Dodgers meet him, they need him tonight, So he's a human breaking news. Baseball players have feelings too. I'm excited to see how Scoople does with hopefully a pretty hardy Dodgers reception tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll shout out Nancy Brown, who gave us the twenty dollars super chat saying, you know, here's the welcoming school Schoogle to Dodger Stadium to night, the same way we welcome Freddie. Obviously, Freddie got the Freddie Freddie Chanceer. You have standing ovation. Yeah, when you spend so much time with an organization, it's tough. Uh, But I think he's going to He's going to be great tonight and also it's going to be great great. Another five from Nancy San Nacho is the ball.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you Nancy, and thank you so much for your help with the auction, the recent auction with the birers. Nancy, check your email because I actually have something to tell you.
Speaker 1: And the final one four nine nine from Skier Love's Baseball. They Skier thinks that the six man rotation is a disadvantage I don't not necessarily.
Speaker 4: Justice for Roki.
Speaker 1: Dodgers ace Roki Sasaki. I still can't buy in, though I won't do it.
Speaker 4: Because from my victory lap whenever, you guys.
Speaker 2: Just because the basis I just the next time he pitches the frickin' glove is gonna be like this. We're not even gonna it's gonna be like it's gonna be head to toe glove. We're not even gonna be able to see Roki. It's just like this glove that's coming at you.
Speaker 4: You throw strikes. Who cares?
Speaker 1: If you want Roki, If you want Roki Saki to have a longer glove, even longer, subscribe to the channel. Hit that like button, Share with your friends, share with your grandma, Share with Roki Sasaki. Maybe he'll like the show, help us get to twenty thousand subscribers. But other than that, uh, this is the part what we say by this is my last show of the week. I think, No, we're gonna be post gaming the Maminallana and then uh, then I'm gonna be drunk on the lake.
Speaker 2: Katie's back in the clubhouse, back in the dugout, all the things that reality back to reality, and then yes Clinton, I have Postgame, and then Clint is going to take some much needed vacation. You guys have no idea how much this guy does on this show, as well as so many of our other Foul Territory programs. He is very deserving of the upcoming vacate. All right, guys, we appreciate you Lake.
Speaker 1: I better see it, yea, watch them ig stories, baby, Okay, Bye,