Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys. This is Mick.
Speaker 1: Shot streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com.
Speaker 3: And the official Dallas Cowboys apt.
Speaker 1: Now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 4: How go Dallas Cowboy.
Speaker 2: Stamp a military band?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Maybe, so that's right, And I think it's also I love the I never referenced this before, even thought of it, but here our bugle blow, and that is like, yeah, especially Tommy Loy and even today there's a trumpet that plays the national anthem.
Speaker 3: And yeah, and so.
Speaker 4: That was a little foreshadowing. Maybe I don't think. I don't think.
Speaker 5: Tommy Loy was doing the national anthem at the time that the bugle was blowing on the fight song in the sixties. But here we are ready to get into a Thanksgiving Day win.
Speaker 4: Like four days later. I walked in the s WBC.
Speaker 5: Podcast studio this morning and I told Everson, I don't even remember what happened in the game on Thursday. We're going to have to review it just to remind ourselves exactly.
Speaker 3: What I got. I got here to see who we were playing, not just but.
Speaker 6: I got here early to remind myself what I wrote.
Speaker 4: A lot.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of water under the bridge since Thursday, and one of the droplets of water that happened in the meantime.
Speaker 4: Why Mickey is wearing his miszoo gear today is missoo one in the snow over Arkansas.
Speaker 6: If I have to watch one more game in the snow between last night and what.
Speaker 4: Do you mean if you have to? I love watching the snow.
Speaker 3: It's too much. It's too much.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it just ruins the guy. I'll take the cold in the wind before that.
Speaker 5: Well, especially last night's game, because it just changed the whole way they played the game last Yes, I mean there was such an advantage if you had already built up speed coming out of the backfield.
Speaker 4: It was like those little whether it's.
Speaker 5: A running back or a tight end in motion, just rolled Josh Allen out to the right and hit him on the run and the defense.
Speaker 4: Had no chance on those little flare passages.
Speaker 3: I don't like I don't like this with Buffalo. I just don't. It's not fair to the rest of the NFL.
Speaker 7: You know, the elements being such a factor in the game.
Speaker 3: You know, like you said, it changes the entire way that you play.
Speaker 6: Well, I would like to do. I would like to take a role call of how many Buffalo players actually played ever in that much snow before.
Speaker 3: Well last year once? Yeah, but damn, it's a lot.
Speaker 7: And it seems to be a recurring thing at the end of every season. We gotta worry about how the fans gonna get to the game, how you gonna sweep off the field?
Speaker 3: Come on, man, it's it's a lot.
Speaker 6: They didn't clear off the seats though, you have to go sit in the snow, right.
Speaker 5: They've got a new stadium being built there and without a roof, but the seats are going to be covered.
Speaker 4: Though apparently.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, no roof.
Speaker 4: They said.
Speaker 6: Though there's like a cannon over Texas Stadium sort of.
Speaker 4: Where the seats are covered.
Speaker 5: Like so the wind the snow never blows right, yeah, into the seats. You heard it drifts before, especially with lake effect winds.
Speaker 4: It did like snow will flutter too, it'd be blown into.
Speaker 6: The wonder which lath was affecting it. Right, got too many lakes.
Speaker 4: But so much to get to and to where do we start before we are onto Cincinnati? So when you're on a Cincinnati Cincinnati.
Speaker 6: I mean, I mean the highlights, the highlights of the game. Obviously with the Cowboys able to run the ball effectively. Rico the career high one hundred and twelve yards rushing average five point one carry. I believe he was my pick to click.
Speaker 3: By the way, man, I'll give it to you.
Speaker 4: Who was yours?
Speaker 3: I was Ogi O DIGGI zoo I think? Okay, yeah, all right?
Speaker 4: Was Trey Lance? He was going to come off a bit on the.
Speaker 3: Right. Thank god that didn't happen. Yeah.
Speaker 6: And the fact that you know I said he rushed for a touchdown. It was his first rushing touchdown of the season. Wow, and only the Cowboys fourth. The other three two for Zeke and I imagine they were one or two yard runs, right, and Dak had another.
Speaker 3: That was it.
Speaker 6: Really They went into the game with three rushing touchdowns.
Speaker 4: And Zeke's was in the first game of the season. It's Cleveland.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how are we still in the hut? Well?
Speaker 4: Are we somewhe somewhat?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 4: Yesterday? No, yesterday?
Speaker 5: To your point, I think it was CBS, Yes, the Network of Record. They put up the graphic that showed the NFC playoff picture and they had in the hunt which included Dallas at five and seven. They got San Francisco at five and six. NBC last night they had the exact same.
Speaker 4: Graphic graphic, and they didn't have Dallas in the in the hunt.
Speaker 6: They didn't have in the hunt they had, so.
Speaker 4: No, they had to call them in the hunt.
Speaker 3: They did, yes, yes, but.
Speaker 4: They it stopped at San Francisco at five and six.
Speaker 5: They were on their way to five and second, right, so they so now Dallas and San Francisco were both five and seven.
Speaker 4: So Dallas's arrow is.
Speaker 5: Going up in San Francisco's is going down, wouldn't you say? Now the Niners have lost three in a row now, and.
Speaker 3: Running back he's out, he's out again.
Speaker 4: He's PCL this time.
Speaker 6: So that was I was worried that he That gets back to.
Speaker 5: Your whole running back, you know, paying the running back. You know, it works if Barkley's healthy. If Barkley's not healthy, if mccaffery's not healthy, then it doesn't work so much.
Speaker 6: When you see a guy go down like that without even getting hit. I was thinking, oh, now he tore his achilles because he just gave up slit in the snow.
Speaker 5: Of course you could apply that to the quarterback position too, on keeping them healthy when you're paying all that money. We know here Trevor Trevor Lawrence yesterday, which is brutal.
Speaker 6: Why was that just awful?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: I apologize, Yeah, good good. That doesn't make the concussion go away. That's like who's apologizing at Ohio State and Michigan.
Speaker 7: In North Carolina and North Carolina State? Yeah, with that stuff in Arizona and Arizona.
Speaker 5: You know, if you're gonna plant your flag, you have to wait until the other team.
Speaker 6: Has left the field.
Speaker 4: Baker Mayfield. Baker Mayfield at least had the sense to wait until the field had been cleared.
Speaker 3: We just leave all flags off the field.
Speaker 7: Okay, you got three fights yesterday, nor de line in North Carolina State, Arizona, Arizona State.
Speaker 3: And the Mischigan.
Speaker 6: Or do what Sarkesian did? What's that when Texas was starting to gather on the logo into the locker room, sent them away. I want to go sing your song, go to the end zone.
Speaker 7: You got all these people holding on to a tryon. You saw that, Hey give it to me. No, no, you give it to me. It looked like they were ready to dance or something.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Just okay, now back to Thurst ye, Now, no one staked a flag and midfield right, but yeah.
Speaker 6: And then I think the other thing that stood out to me was the well obviously overshown, right, But it wasn't just that game. I went back and looked since Micah Parsons returned, So it's four games now, overshown has totaled twenty nine tackles, three sacks, ten quarterback pressures, a pass broken up, interception for a touchdown. When's the last time you've seen one of those?
Speaker 3: Yeah, by the way, and it wasn't.
Speaker 6: The ability of teams to have to worry about Micah, I think has helped overshown, either on the other side or coming in behind him when they're double team and triple team and Micah. If you guys went back and looked some of the pass rush situations. So the defense and once again save the last possession they give up a touchdown actually played awfully, awfully well, uh in that game, and now can they sustain it going forward? Because Cincinnati has been putting up a bunch of points. So those couple of things really stood out to me. That and the importance of having Brandon Cooks on the on the field. I think we've seen him score a touchdown on that exact same patterns, only the ball came from Dak and then makes the diving catch on third down, uh to get the first down. And now you can kneel play the game, kneel out the cloud. So those were the things that stood out to me.
Speaker 4: How about for you ever since the former Cowboy and former Giant.
Speaker 7: You know, I love the win and and you know, I guess you could say we put it into perspective in some way. But what I keep seeing from us even in these wins are the inconsistencies from our mistake standpoint, too many mistakes in the game. Still, we made the game really closer than it should have been, and it messed up my picks to click. So I'm really pissed off about that because I was really on the roll at that point. It was going to be twenty seven to twenty.
Speaker 6: Well, by the way third quarter, I had the score twenty seven to ten.
Speaker 4: What was your score?
Speaker 3: Twenty seven? That was going on? It was twenty what was my score?
Speaker 4: I think it was twenty seven seventeen.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, something like that. I was right think, I think you're right right there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and so, but what you'll see is just still too many mistakes, too many penalties. I see defensively where we overcome our mistakes with a lot of good hustle. But if we would just be what was supposed to be in some of these situations and stop compounding our problems with penalties, and that is going to be something.
Speaker 3: That will follow us for the rest of this year.
Speaker 7: I don't know why we're so undisciplined as a team in that regard.
Speaker 3: There's one thing. If you talk about holding, I.
Speaker 7: Get that that comes within the moment of the battle. But when you're talking about false starts, you're talking about illegal formations, things of that nature that have nothing to do with your ability to play football. That's just your ability to be smart and poised in the right situations, and we need that so we can stop shooting ourselves in the foot and making the heel that we're climbing even steeper. Just doesn't make any sense to me. That's what I took away from it. A good a team that's stopping them their own selves from being good.
Speaker 5: I hate the fact that it comes down to a third and two diving catch by branding goodah.
Speaker 6: Come on, well, and to emphasize what you said, the first half, they go field goal right, and it was from it was a twenty three yard field goal, so you're inside the tent right field goal again, thirty three yard field goal, so you're inside the twenty.
Speaker 4: So you're zero for two in the red zone.
Speaker 3: Two already in the red zone.
Speaker 6: And then you go turn the ball over on downs, going for it on fourth down, and then you punt punt, punt, So they get off to such a question start.
Speaker 4: On that last one.
Speaker 5: It was the CD drop on third and one right, and they had that was wow. Yeah, you know, that was an example. That was an example of how one play can change the complexion of the entire rest of the half of that football game. I mean it was midway of the second quarter when that happened. To your point, Mickey, they had not done in the red zone.
Speaker 4: What they needed to do.
Speaker 5: They had to settle for field goals if not for the overshown pick six. Well, even with the overshown pick six, you're up thirteen to seven. Yeah, right, but your defense gets a sack on third down. Basically it was a foe and out for the Giants. Now you're starting to cook on offense. Okay, you got a twenty two yarder to CD. You were back at your own end of the field, twenty two yarder to CD, and then you get to a third and one at the forty four yard line and CD is so wide open and has so much room to run. He was going to take it down inside the thirty yard line. Probably that's what he thought, too, right, And then I forgot one thing, got something, and then you get stuffed on their fourth and one. Now they've now basically the whole rest of the half, you're spent spinning your wheels, and so you're you're at halftime. What was the score?
Speaker 4: It was still thirteen ten thirteen ten at halftime.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you could have put them away there in the second quarter.
Speaker 3: And you know, I get it.
Speaker 7: Even when we look at teams that don't play well, they also have moments to where they had this cross in the road, you know what I mean, the way to where if they would have made this play, it would have been closer. If they would have made this play, they could have won the game. Even teams like the Giants have a chance to with that narrative. But when it comes to the Cowboys themselves, we can't let that narrative be be spoken.
Speaker 3: Against us if we want to be that team that's going to be climbing forward.
Speaker 7: Because you don't see the Eagles, uh hanging there their win on whoa, this was the turning point in the game.
Speaker 3: Now, the turning point in the game.
Speaker 7: You know it was many times because they controlled the turning points in the game. We don't control our turning point. We we we sit here and it's almost like we have leave it up to chance. You know, we put ourselves in a bad position, put ourselves in a bad position. The next thing, you know, we're like, I'm sure glad we made that play, because we didn't make it, then we'd be in trouble.
Speaker 3: Well, that's too much.
Speaker 6: The turning point for them last night was the run by Barkley, right, because neither guy was and Romo kept saying it, right, this game is gonna turn on one of these guys is gonna get a big run. And Berkley got it well to me and Tucker missed two field goals and an extra point.
Speaker 3: Man we'll get to that.
Speaker 6: That was a turn. That's five, that's what six to seven points?
Speaker 7: While looking at that game, not even being an Eagles fan, it was predictable because that's how they play, and I don't care who they're playing against. As Lamar Jackson was having he was going back, getting back there doing some amazing things, improvising his asshole. But when it came down to it, you just knew that Philly's defense was going to be the ones to win the day. And that's the way they've been playing for the last eight games. You know, it's consistency there. That was no I was never worried when they come out slow because that's what they do. And when it's all said and done, the pressure gets so intense to where you finally the pipe finally bursts. It happens every week for the last eight weeks.
Speaker 5: All Right, we're just getting started on a Monday edition of the Cyber Monday edition of Mixed Shots, and we got an extra day almost.
Speaker 4: First time all year. I haven't warned my bar and you got an extra.
Speaker 5: Day this week, yes, to prepare for Cincinnati, and so we got much more to get to about your Thanksgiving weekend when mix shots continues in them on.
Speaker 7: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the.
Speaker 3: Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls.
Speaker 7: With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 8: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 4: Scott slides for the first down.
Speaker 8: Investons where everyone is a rookiean crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 5: Perfeck throw my goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 8: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 9: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster canholer comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 1: Them shuts.
Speaker 3: Damn you're have any readings.
Speaker 5: Come out to the Star in Frisco and you can see Santa Clause. He's already made a couple of appearances so far at the Star at Frisco. It's located in Tostitos. Championship Life Friday all the way up until.
Speaker 3: Let fining event of the holiday season is here.
Speaker 7: Cowboys Christmas Extravaganza powered by Reliant is back at the Star in Frisco. Join us every Friday and Saturday night over November twenty two through December twenty first for a spectacular holiday sho show with the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders, Rhythm and Blue, rothy Santa Claus, and surprise tree lighting appearances from your favorite Cowboys heroes.
Speaker 3: Best of all, the show is free. For details, visit one word the stardistrict dot com. Don't miss out on holiday magic.
Speaker 6: And you know what?
Speaker 4: I see that there's a Rhythm and Blue center there.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 6: Yes, And I could vow that this place was overrun with people on Friday. Unbelieved. Now there was a game here. I came to watch high school Highland Park versus Reedy who won Highland Park did. But the people weren't here for that. They were here for Santa Claus because they were lined up outside around the area where you had to stand, and I guess I didn't see it, but the cheerleaders come out and perform and whatever. They walked through the right. This place was overrun and it was still cold.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, So just know that it's a very popular event.
Speaker 5: And by the way, this Friday night, Highland Park is back for another Encore performance against Frisco Alone Star.
Speaker 6: So there's your But I think I'm going to be interested in Argyle south Lake Lovejoy. I was thinking former south Lake coach.
Speaker 5: Todd Dodge is the head coach at Lovejoy and yeah, and they're taking on Argyle, which has been motoring through. That's a Class five A and they're at Prosper. Have you ever been to Prosper Stadium?
Speaker 2: Going unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Or Alan Allen is probably the taj Mahal. I thought n mckinnie's very nice stadium.
Speaker 5: But I haven't been in the Prosper Stadium, but I've driven by it and it is a monster.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: Now they all have the big screen.
Speaker 6: Now that's the Oh yeah, of course, weather permit.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 5: I went to a game at Irving School's stadium, which is my old high school stadium which is now Joy and Ralph Ellis Stadium. Neighbors of mine growing up in Irving. They're big philanthropists and they gave a lot of money Irving ISD and so South Lake Carol played Hebron quarterback by Patrick Crayton. By the way, Patrick Creighton's son is a quarterback at Hebron and the now the running back who was a wide receiver for Carol is Terry Glenn's son, Christian Glenn. Yes, and he had a good game.
Speaker 4: But anyway, it was it was like a trip down memory lane for me.
Speaker 5: The first the first football game I ever went to was at that stadium. My dad took me to watch Irving High School play. Alan Lowry was the who later would become the special teams coach.
Speaker 4: He was on the step when you were here.
Speaker 5: He was a quarterback at Irving High sonamental trip down memory lane for me thinking about the first football well, I may have mentioned this. The first football team I ever played for eight and under Irvi William the Tigers.
Speaker 4: We won the championship. Gave forty two to nothing on that field. So anyway, that was that was what I did on Black Friday, so I went to that game and it was really cool.
Speaker 3: Well I was out in the Bayou Classic. Oh yeah, Grammar got that butts kicked.
Speaker 7: Man, it was tough. I quarter it back, came and hit a five year out. Man, it's killing me, but you know it was tough. I was honored by g Men Nation. You know, you have different foundations on all these different schools. So g Men Nation honored me. Uh, just for work, job well done.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 7: Of course they want to raise some money, you know, you want to have a fundraiser. But went out there and had a good time. I gave a speech and gave speech to the two guys that really gave me all the confidence that I had when I got a Grammar. Uh Dwight Scales remember him playing the Rams. Well, his baby brother's name is Jerry Gordon. That was my roommate at Grambling. And of course Mike Haynes, not these Micaines. Everybody I was get. It's just the Mike Canes that I knew growing up at Graham and grew up in New Orleans. So we were all three three thieves together at all times. So I gave them homage doing my speech on having them you know, had my back.
Speaker 3: All those years.
Speaker 6: Was the game in New Orleans.
Speaker 3: Game is I was in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 6: I just wanted to make sure you never know what, Yeah, old, I almost was gonna drive there, and then I gave up on it going to the LA Ship.
Speaker 7: It's it's you know, it's tough getting off in there, you know when it's a game, man, it's you know, Bourbon Street French, Cause it's just tough getting you might as well just walk.
Speaker 3: You all get a or something.
Speaker 6: Oh no, you gotta walk, yeah, because.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the walk is great. So now we had a good time as a few tears. After the speech was all sitting and done, a few other people were on it, had a really good time, had a really good time.
Speaker 6: Well good So we all took in get the weekend off, and we all took in football.
Speaker 3: Course of course you did.
Speaker 5: I didn't watch as much football as I could have yesterday because I had to get the lights out.
Speaker 7: Very good and comfortable considering we always had two wins under our belt for this past week and to be able to watch football and not.
Speaker 6: Stress watch everybody else stress.
Speaker 7: I loved it. I even took a nap. So that's that's when you relax on the Sunday.
Speaker 6: Well, speaking of that, going into the game Cowboys at five and seven, there were teams not leading the division and basically not counting, uh well, counting the teams that were in the hunt for playoff games wild card, so you got to figure that Minnesota and Green Bay probably have the top two wild card probably sewed up. But of the the five teams or the seven teams ahead of the Cowboys with better records, they went five and two. So nobody really did the Cowboys any favors because if you look at it, you know, Washington wins, so.
Speaker 5: They have the third wild card, my seventh playoff seed right now at eight and five, and then they got a bye week this week, and then Tampa Bay won to move to six and six.
Speaker 4: Times against Carolina.
Speaker 6: Minnesota and Green Bay that were ahead both won the Rams one, San Francisco lost, and Arizona lost, so really didn't get much of a break. But again the teams now ahead of the Cowboys eight and five, Washington six and six, Tampa Bay, Minnesota ten and two, Green Bay nine and three, Arizona is six and six, the Rams are six and six. In San Francisco five and seven.
Speaker 5: So let me shed some light on this. The West teams, they just beat up each other, right, Okay, So here's what the Cowboys have to do, all right. Obviously the next two games, yes, and then you got Tampa Bay, that's one of those teams that's not NFC West team. You beat them, then you got the tiebreaker on them. So all you have to do is be even with them, got the end of the day, and then Washington the last game of the year, you got to beat them, and then you'll have the tiebreaker on them. So you'll have the tiebreaker on Washington and Tampa Bay if it came down to that scenario where you were tied with them and with Washington with a bye week this week, Cowboys with a win this week will move back to within two games of Washington. Correct, So what you need is Washington. Obviously you need help, but there is a path to that seventh playoff spot.
Speaker 6: I was going to do you have who Washington has to play?
Speaker 4: I've got them right here.
Speaker 5: They've got After this bye week they play at New Orleans, Philadelphia at home, Atlanta.
Speaker 4: At home, and at the Cowboys. Now, the Falcons have stumbled since they beat the.
Speaker 6: Cowboys, yeah, so San Francisco.
Speaker 4: But New Orleans has revived since firing their coach.
Speaker 6: They lost their first one though, six, and they're sitting there at four and eight, and I think I saw something. Taysom Hill got hurt again.
Speaker 5: And that you know, we haven't talked about New Orleans that that is a huge reason why New Orleans went into a tail spin after we saw how important he is to that New Orleans team when they played here.
Speaker 6: Same thing with Carr at quarterback too.
Speaker 5: By the way, but it was like Taysom Hill, just the things that they can do offensively with him, that's an understated part of what they did. And they lost him in the Cowboy game and then they went in a tail spin after that. So anyway, but you say he got hurt again.
Speaker 6: I thought I saw a headline set.
Speaker 3: No, he's out of the season out.
Speaker 6: Yes, So seeing he got hurt and Car got hurt at the same time, so they lost him and playing.
Speaker 3: A backup quarterback rookie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And so they kind of went into that tailspin then one two with the yeah, and they kept crediting the interim coach with the wins that I'm going, No.
Speaker 4: Those two guys came back and played well. It's kind of like with the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: Granted the now Washington is obviously a good opponent a road, but when you don't have Michael Parsons on your defense, it hurts. Aside from the other injuries, and people didn't talk enough about, Okay during the five game losing streak, how much they missed Micah.
Speaker 3: And you can tell when he came back things were different, which, by the way, automatically.
Speaker 5: Back to my page of and by the way, he didn't play a full number of plays a snaps the first couple of games game back against So since he's been back four games, five and a half sacks, one force fumble, tackle, eleven tackles, one tackle for a loss, and twenty quarterback pressures twenty So when I compared Overshawn to his return, that helped overshown, Well, look at what he did too, because teams had to pay attention to him and they got Brandon Cooks back. Now we'll see what happens on the offensive line of Zack Martin gets back, But the brock Hoffman played well. Ferguson's been out the last couple of games, you get Zack Martin back, Maybe you get Ferguson back. Marshawn Lenelan came back and then he missed the Thursday game irritated his knee. And there's talk about DeMarcus Lawrence getting back into practice this week, but who knows if practicing means playing. You may need another We saw what happened with Brandon Cooks looking like he was doing well in practice and then.
Speaker 6: No, he's not quite ready. And on top of that, they lose Josh Butler toys Al that was heartbreaking. Thomas meniscus injury. He'll be out two to three weeks.
Speaker 4: It seems like.
Speaker 6: Could come back, but the Josh Butler won, So now we need more cornerbacks. Well, you gotta hope Trayvon Diggs gets back. I mean they were out there the rest of that game with Jordan Lewis playing left corner and mcwamu who got taken advantage of in the slot.
Speaker 5: Because the other thing that's happened is Kayln Carson's gone on injury reserve too, which happened before.
Speaker 6: And you saw what they thought of Andrew Booth. They activated him from the practice squad and then made him one of the inactives.
Speaker 4: So you're using one of your elevations.
Speaker 3: That was.
Speaker 4: Interesting, well creative.
Speaker 6: The only thing at cost him It cost you money, Sally recap because they got to pay him the rook or whatever. The second year minute also cast him in elevation. Right, Well, they did the elevation because of that, Right, They didn't want to deactivate somebody else that they needed, so they they activated them to make them innut.
Speaker 5: But that you wouldn't use an elevation waste one of you only get three elevations with a player.
Speaker 6: I thought, oh yeah, yeah, but they don't want him to play.
Speaker 3: So back to Diggs, Yes he's going to play.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: So if he.
Speaker 6: Doesn't play, that's not good news because now they don't have Josh Butler to start.
Speaker 7: We won't have any We don't have any cornerbacks.
Speaker 6: Out there and back in the slot get kem On Hall and Hall basically special teams.
Speaker 4: But he's more of a slot corner.
Speaker 6: I don't think he got any defensive snaps. I don't know he didn't. He got twenty three special team snaps, which is quite a bit because they lost Josh Butler off special teams basically because he was starting.
Speaker 3: So what do these do. We just took a bad step because he was.
Speaker 6: On the sideline and you saw him grab his knees.
Speaker 7: Immediately as he went down because he never got a chance to go up for the ball.
Speaker 4: So sad because he I mean, he's having the ball, gets his.
Speaker 5: Opportunities, making the most of it and playing well and then back home thanksgiving team captain and all that, and uh then he goes down.
Speaker 6: Yep, that one's tough to deal with. But yeah, Diggs needs to get back out there.
Speaker 5: And be the first time that Digs and Bland and Lewis are all together playing.
Speaker 6: It still hasn't happened.
Speaker 4: All right, back with more mix shots in a moment, So they need to.
Speaker 9: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium, pro shops, concessions, and on Yetie dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 4: Scott keeps it slides with a first.
Speaker 8: Down, investlate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 5: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 8: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 7: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends.
Speaker 3: You want to stay at the.
Speaker 7: Team hotel, attend the best tailgate party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex's and o's with me. Everson Walls with Star Sports tours. You can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 11: Today Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday mornings Swagger, Brisky and the Smoker. Miller Lite and the Creek, the America's team playing America's greatest sports. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three, Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 1: Demit Shuts.
Speaker 7: Capture a frameworthy family holiday photo with Santa at the Start. Presented by the Monument Realty. Santa will be spreading holiday cheer at his Cowboys themed college in the Star District from November twenty second through December twenty fourth. For more information and to book your visit, head to one word the Stardistrict dot com slash Santa.
Speaker 4: Okay, since we haven't been able to talk together since the Thanksgiving Day game, anything else from the Thanksgiving.
Speaker 5: Weekend that was on your mind that you want, We're gonna have a lot of time to talk about Cincinnati. The rest of this week and so forth, but we need to wrap up this weekend and anything. Of course, Matt Eberflus was let go on Friday after that debacle at the end of the Bears Lions game on Thursday.
Speaker 6: Now worse than the debacle. He tried to explain it away.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm that's what got him fired. Just say it. We blew it. But he kept saying, this was the right call. We did everything.
Speaker 6: What do you think they thought?
Speaker 4: Here's what I think.
Speaker 6: You think he was trying to steal an extra play.
Speaker 5: No, I think it, and I don't want to put it on Caleb Williams, but it will sound like I am. I think he's got a rookie quarterback who you know, they have the communication up until they cut it off in fifteen seconds, and I was looking at the play clock, looking back at it and trying to see, okay, when was the communication cut off.
Speaker 4: It came out to.
Speaker 5: A certain point where let's just say it was fifteen seconds on the game clock. And so it's got to be the coach when he sees it gets down to ten seconds and he sees him not doing and the quarter was.
Speaker 6: Doing this stuff, trying to get guys lying.
Speaker 4: You got to call time out.
Speaker 5: Right, and you just say, okay, just call it, abort it, Okay, the coach call it. And so it's definitely on Eberflus. But what I'm thinking as far as him not taking or basically saying that, I think he's protecting his quarterback on the post game, and so that's why we and I didn't listen to what he said, but I heard that he did not say that they made a mistake whatever, and he felt like they were did they had to plan in place as far as how they're going to handle that situation now, he needs to take ownership himself and say, hey, we should have called time out with ten seconds left when we saw we weren't getting the playoff in time.
Speaker 4: But I think why he said what he said in.
Speaker 5: The post game, he was protecting his quarterback who basically had made the mistake of not managing.
Speaker 7: Their rookie cord exactly, It's okay to make a mistake in your situation. He's never been here before. This is probably this was his moment two.
Speaker 4: That's the only way.
Speaker 5: As a rookie, that's the only way I can explain him. Even the day after, which is crazy that they even had a press conference the day after with the coach.
Speaker 4: And they fired an hour later.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: That. That's the only way I.
Speaker 5: Can explain why he would have said what he said. I think he was protecting his quarterback.
Speaker 6: And the other thing is maybe he'd seen his kicker hit the ball off the upright in presser situations and he's thinking, Okay, we got to get a play, we got to score a touchdown. I don't know, and Iberflus is smarter than that. I mean, good guy too, it's just too good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, trying to you know, but not trying to throw the quarterback.
Speaker 7: I had a feeling it's okay, if it's a rookie, try to back then.
Speaker 3: Man, let's just go forward with it. Hey, man, I got your back, you know. You go ahead and do what you say what you got to say.
Speaker 7: But I'm gonna be I'm gonna take the blame, but I'm not going to take the blame in front.
Speaker 5: Of I think Caleb and his in Caleb's postgame did it. It sounded like he didn't know that they had a time.
Speaker 6: Out left or yes, I think I heard somebody play it.
Speaker 5: It sounded like in his post game that he did not realize they had a time out left.
Speaker 7: Well see, but at that point, once that's admitted, then it's too late, you know.
Speaker 6: But you know he was going to get fired anyway. Yeah, and that's the unfortunate thing because.
Speaker 4: He's spend Christmas with his family and don't have to do this anymore.
Speaker 6: And the other thing was is, remember they fired the offensive coordinator, so they needed to hire a like that helped things out right. It's like somebody I saw was it read it today? Did did Texas Tech? Like clean house on offense or defense? And the defensive coaches they all got fired. It's like, oh okay, but I think Chicago was going to move on. I think they realized they've got to find a offensive coordinator that can take care of Caleb Williams.
Speaker 3: Maybe to find they need.
Speaker 4: To find a head coach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, offensive line, they need to find offensive line exactly. I don't care jo Field, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: Just to set the table for tomorrow, Cincinnati needs to find offensive linemen.
Speaker 3: Well, not not not till well.
Speaker 4: After most of the team. Yeah, most of the teams that are struggling, that's the source of it. But their offensive line.
Speaker 6: That poor kids getting just killed back there. I don't know how he stays.
Speaker 4: Healthy get to my team.
Speaker 5: In college, the issue is the offensive line has to be fixed.
Speaker 4: Georgia Georgia Tech game. Did you watch it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Most of it.
Speaker 5: They gotta do something about this overtime rule in college football. Oh my god, you cannot decide.
Speaker 7: That it's gonna come down to college football watching the game, like, okay, we're.
Speaker 4: Going to get into this college.
Speaker 6: On it.
Speaker 5: We're going to get into this college football playoff, and it's going to come down to two point conversion tries to determine the national champion, back and forth.
Speaker 4: Back and record.
Speaker 3: What's the record? Well, it's eight. Now, that was the red that was.
Speaker 4: From that game.
Speaker 5: And now Texas and M and LSU and the old rule, they played seven overtime. So that's when they decided we got to change it. And so now the first overtime you can kick the extra point. Okay, the second overtime you have to go for two, and the third overtime and on it's just two point tries.
Speaker 6: Back, you want just play football?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know that's well.
Speaker 6: You know what in in hockey.
Speaker 5: How about the NFL rule both teams get an opportunity with the ball unless you score a touchdown or whatever on your first possession.
Speaker 4: There's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean they had they probably if you add up all the plays, they probably had more plays with the two point tries and the eight overtime than what you would have in a normal overtime period.
Speaker 6: Hockey, you screw it up and play skills in overtime during the regular season, right.
Speaker 4: But they play hockey in the postseason.
Speaker 6: But but they play hockey in the postseason, don't they. What happens in baseball with the ghost runner?
Speaker 4: I don't do they put the ghost runner out there?
Speaker 6: I thought they playing the extra innings in the season.
Speaker 5: It may they may in the postseason, you know, because they change theirs to put the ghost runner on at second base in extra innings in baseball in the regular season.
Speaker 8: In the postseason they do regular they yeah, they go back season, they do regular.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And you don't see the NBA turn overtime into a three point shooting contest?
Speaker 11: Is that?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 6: It sure was last night. I'm just saying that kid from Portland scored twenty four points in the third. I don't think he hit a basket. He hit maybe eight and threes. It was unbelievable.
Speaker 5: Well, they're all still preseason games in the NBA. Yeah, I mean regular starting till April.
Speaker 6: But yeah, just just play football that don't. Don't turn it into a two pright.
Speaker 5: I did hear a suggestion this morning, like for the college rule is instead of starting at the twenty five yard line, start at the forty five yard line, put back where you have to at least get a first down to get into field goal territory. And I would be more in favor of something like.
Speaker 6: That, Yeah, because yeah, something has to change.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, that's right, all right. I think we're out of time unless you get something else you want.
Speaker 6: To I think I'm good about for tomorrow. We talk offensive line tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Okay, we will.
Speaker 5: And how many snaps of Tyler god And getting fourteen in that game?
Speaker 6: Yeah, because gid And got way too many?
Speaker 4: No, yeah, Tuma got the rest of it.
Speaker 6: I mean, uh, Tuma gotten way too many. Sorry Guitton, you didn't walk out of the room. You don't know what I was doing in the press box.
Speaker 4: All right, we talked Tuma Edoga and will get Mickey's opinion on the tackle situation tomorrow at high noon here on Mixed Shots, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.