Speaker 1: Big Fox Entertainment. Please, i'm's the Rick Butcher's.
Speaker 2: Show with Speedy Greg Butchers, Edie Van Hadler and Rick Butches.
Speaker 3: You better believe you're ready, America. How about those commercial crabbers down there on the coast grabbing some French crab for everybody. Brookwood Barge load out. Let's go get that big Thame movie crowd. Mary keep on rowing. Oblaika is ready.
Speaker 4: Lisbon, New Hampshire is ready.
Speaker 3: I'm a dad up with his baby is ready. Let's go.
Speaker 4: Cage City, Arkansas, Laurel, Mississippi, Kosa Alabama.
Speaker 3: Tennhill, Alabama is ready. The Rocket City.
Speaker 4: Huntsville, Jonesboro, Arkansas.
Speaker 3: Mountable, Alabama.
Speaker 4: They're roady in tiny Tennessee. Everybody's saying, hey, marriage, I'm.
Speaker 1: Ready here made.
Speaker 3: Don't want a new show. Let's go read Lynn Lynn the giant Asian Man is ready. Hello Lynn Lynn, Mississippi State is ready.
Speaker 4: Let me hit that Cowbolt say we ready.
Speaker 3: For ups is ready? Thank you for the packages. Russelllle Kentucky says we're here. Uh champs are here and uh we are. Oh that's good. Somebody said their blood sugar is now good. Listening while delivering delicious Coca Cola. Go Coca Cola driver. Welcome, glad you're here, and we've got a lot to do going forward.
Speaker 5: Speedy Greg Adler.
Speaker 3: You heard Ken Osborn introduce him as only he can men. We we have a lot to do going forward and trying to update the world. Uh we we always try to. You know, we got a little mix here. We're gonna be you know always you know, the the majority is gonna be fun. But at the same time, we do want you and y'all have helped us with that as we started, you know, this new endeavor, you know, celebrating and thankful for the past, but also equally excited about the present and the future, and you know, trying to dial things in. We first came out of the gate with the new show, it was it was you know, it was fun, fun, all fun, goofing off and some of you said, okay, don't don't go off and leave. I mean, at least updated on what's going on in the world. We need that too, So we will do that, but don't do you much because we don't want that either. Uh So we're we're all that in and and learning as we go. And I kind of like the rhythm we're on right now, and a lot of you seem to be responded very positive positively to that as well. So we thank you for that Wednesday Bible study. Back today we'll be in the book of Job. I believe is it eighteen today? Uh so a job eighteen today. And so if you are on that journey with us, as a reminder, if you can't catch it live, which is noon Central one o'clock Eastern on the YouTube channel, Adler puts together that archive pretty quick after we're done, and then you can go get that on your own time. But you know, we do have you know, one thing that happened yesterday on this ongoing thing with Greg and me and Speedy you're there too, and Adler you're you'll head that way, and that is aging parents. Aging parents is one of those stages of life you probably don't think about a lot, you know when when you're when you're growing up, you think, Okay, I'm just a goofy little kid, uh and I'm I'm I'm starting to be a little bit concerned about what was it going to be like to be in high school? Okay, you remember that daunting feeling the first time you left, like junior high and you're going into high school a little bit scary, you know, you were kind of you didn't know what to expect. I remember my first day walking on the high school campus. The first day that I walked on the high school campus, a fight broke out with a bunch of older kids. One with facial hair and a knife slid down the steps and slid past me as they were scuffling, and I went, well, welcome to high school. And yeah, the guy never got the knife out, but I guess it knocked out of his pocket or something. And then I saw the principals, the assistant principals wrestling with them, breaking them apart, and I went, well, welcome to high school. And different of course, in those days, you know, we were a bit of a harder generation, not as hard as a generation before us, but harder than the current day. And all of us remember this, We talked about it before, and when I say it, some of you I can't believe I'm saying it. So this happens. I'm looking toward the main door going in now, remember in these days. So I started at the high school in nineteen seventy nine, I think seventy eight. I remember turning to my right and Greg, you know what, I saw the smoking grounds and then over in the smoking grounds whose parents in the notes said they could smoke. Yes, over in the smoking grounds were these really rough looking people smoking. You know that I was going to be going to school, that I was going to be going to school with. And I remember thinking, this is just a different world. You know, I want all of you. I want to say that again. There was a smoking grounds.
Speaker 6: Hey, no smoking in that area. You need to go over there to go over that.
Speaker 3: You're going to smoke in high school. You're going to do it right over there, Yes you are. And you know it was weird to look out there and see students smoking with their teachers. But anyway, yeah, right, so remember the teacher's lounge. It would smell like sma going in there. Lots of smoking there. So anyway, Agent had a snack machine in there, nicking there and buy a snack every now. Right. Yeah, then then you then you come out of that. The next daunting thing in front of you is college. If you go to college or trade or something something, you got to do next level to get a job, and then you got to go get a job. That's kind of and then you got to get married, then you got kids, yeah, and all these different stages, and then all of a sudden, there's that stage where we are right now, aging parents. That that can be. That can be a lot. It's a lot. It's got its own thing. And you know, we have a you know, our mother makes She doesn't officially announce it, but we all do as her children. She keeps scoring yeah, okay, and and there's no doubt about that. And I hear about Greg. I don't know what's happened to Greg at this stage of his life. Mom and I theorized yesterday that Greg was so mean as a kid. He's paying Mom back and being kind you think, and saying I'm sorry for the way I was with a kid. Just you get older. No, I brought it up auilty conscious listen. I brought it up to Mom yesterday. I said, do you realize, Mom? Because I would spend some time with her, Do you do? You You got a long way to go, But.
Speaker 5: I said, do you remember?
Speaker 3: Mom? I said, I hate to break this to you because you know, you were pretty mean in your own right. And she goes, I said, Mom, I mean that positively, because she was no pushover, okay, and she handled all the daily squirmishes and dad rarely even got involved. You didn't want him involved, but she was. She was a pretty daunting figure her sailing. Yeah, she got pulled in. It was bad. And you know what I said, did you know? I said, you couldn't beat Greg on food. You never could make him eat what he didn't want to eat. And you know what she said, She goes, he broke me. She said, I couldn't defeed him. She said, I just finally gave it and start giving him Campbell soup, and you know, and and and just the only thing. Yeah, it was the only thing. She said. But I said, you realize you couldn't. She goes, Yeah, because she goes, you don't. I mean, you don't whip a kid because he won't eat. She goes. So I didn't really know what to do with him. She said, he just was so so bullheaded. I couldn't make him eat something he didn't want to eat. And uh, And I said, I said, mom, Greg beat you on that one. She goes, he did. Yeah, that's it, that's she's trying that for. That's the only one, right, that was the only one, so I was afraid I was gonna start. Yeah, So I clearly told Greg yesterday, told him clearly. I said, I'm gonna go by and see Mom. I even think I told you I was headed that way, so you knew that. I thought you hasn't running around? What Greg? And I thought you Look, I'm sitting there spending time mom, her phone ringing and and and she's already put some things to voicemail. Oh but not Gregory. Oh wait a minute, that's Greg. And I said, I said, you have to sit there and listen to their converse. Yes, and.
Speaker 6: I started that was Rick's time.
Speaker 7: With That.
Speaker 3: Was his way of letting you know I'm stealing it. I was shouting and go back today. Listen, Greg, you heard me that I was shouting. I said, tell Greg I got this. We don't need him. And look she was looking at me. She goes, okay, well Rick saying that he's he's got this. And I was you wanna be calling, dear. I mean, I thought you was doing you run around And you know what she said when she hung up. You know what she said, Well, I'm mean that's just something he does every day.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 3: I said, he has an hour and twenty minute community doesn't count. Did you giggle when you count? We know?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 3: Greg calls me pretty much every day.
Speaker 10: When we went to when we went to Rainbow Omega, he almost didn't answer. I had to call him and make sure he knew if something just real.
Speaker 3: It was real quick, I am, I'm sorry. I've been talking to mom. Oh yeah, yeah, our hour and twenty minute community doesn't count. I call her on the weekends too. I know that's the one that hurt me.
Speaker 6: She said, you're just calling her to stay awake on her drive. That doesn't count.
Speaker 3: Well, it's two birds of one stune. How about this? When when she told me that Greg calls her on the weekend, I honestly thought they'd gotten together and conspire against me. I said, now, look, they'll be lying for Greg. How much is he paying? Right? And I said, Mom, I have I give you an encouraging text every day. She was so what I mean in the group text? And I'm like, y'all don't worry about me. I'm fine, that's right. I know y'all busy.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, I know you've been Do you see campbell soup on the grocery Old Greg now and then like, I've never eaten that again?
Speaker 3: I yeah, I don't even want it. Greg, how much of that show?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 3: How much of that did you eat?
Speaker 12: A lot?
Speaker 3: I would rotate between noodle and rice. I can still see the bot with it in it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, this is the Rick Burgess Show, still denying any involvement in the food fights of nineteen seventy nine Rick Burchers.
Speaker 3: And now we are back, so pretty good call by text Nation. I guess we did show that picture one day years ago. There's a famous picture that my mother loves. When Greg and I were little bitty boys. I'm talking about tiny Gregg's in a baby bed. I'm probably two. Of course I look like I'm five because I was a giant toddler. Uh but anyway, and Mom caught me on the side of Gregg's baby bed with his passing fire in my mouth, aggravating him. And you were naked and I was naked, sadly, Uh but uh, I mean but he just run around naked. And text Nation said, really, that picture says everything about Greg's everything. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that that's that's how Greg.
Speaker 13: Thing.
Speaker 3: Greg didn't take long. I was a month old so I was already harassing and making him mean didn't take long. What a big fan of bringing the new baby in. My mom said that she got the silent tread me for two days. He wasn't too sure about it. Yeah, I had it. I mean everybody I was it. I was I was a little rick Rick. Yeah, everybody. Everybody loved Lord. Then you got you found somebody you could tell right right, And I thought, who's this new guy? What was he doing? Who's this little thing? Who's wama back? Kids living with somebody? I hope they're visiting. Is that a visiting kid or is that a new full blown kid? He's still here, He's still here, and he's got that look like he might be mean. Uh So anyway, that's that's the ongoing that. Yeah, and we we love Mama and uh as we said that a thousand times. I told her that yesterday will never ever repay her for all she did for us. Uh so, uh funny, so speedy. Yesterday we announced on the show that you will be going to Dublin, Georgia to Larry and Carolyn. You're leaving one week from today.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Larry's been Yeah, it is on you to about Larry Quest. He's been sending me pictures. You know, he's got my cell Hey Larry, Hey Carolyn, and he's been sending me pictures of his house.
Speaker 3: So he has slids, he has, he has your self, Oh yeah, oh yeah he does. Seybody. He sent me a two pictures.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 10: He's his ski patrol coats hanging on his dog sled. Uh and all the little stuffed animal dogs sitting on the sled and uh and then various other pictures.
Speaker 3: So you know what's said. Though obviously he's really into that, and you're not gonna get a lot of action in Dublin, Georgia for a sled and Skiva trove jackets now.
Speaker 10: But let me tell you something. He has to use them a lot. He has them sitting there in his his living room like it's a recliner. I mean, it's a big it's a formal piece. You know, that's part of their life. If this goes well, then later you can do Speedy and Larry go to Alaska and do a little I do what used to get you know, Terry and I were were doing. You know, we don't get to every night, but sometimes we try to get get for a go for a walk or something like that.
Speaker 3: Just a couple.
Speaker 5: And so where's lance.
Speaker 1: We love each other, keeping it real.
Speaker 3: And so, you know, small talk and stuff. We're just he and she had a lot of questions about my trip over to do and she did, yeah, it's kind.
Speaker 6: Of she said, could you walk this out for me?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 3: What are we doing here? So you're sleeping there? She said. I heard her say she's making roast beef. Is that right? Which is?
Speaker 10: And I said yeah? She said, now you've you've talked about roast beef. You know how sometimes it can be chewy, like it's growing in your mouth, you know what I mean. I got a feeling, Carolyn, and I said. I said, oh honey, I said, Carolyn, you don't think she can cook.
Speaker 3: She started talking about fresh green beans. Oh yeah, I said, it's going to be delicious and she and then she said, so you're sleeping there like a time I like under the under the covers and everything. You're like in their bed. Wait, give me with them though, great? Wait do you get that shower and lather up?
Speaker 6: You got to take a shower.
Speaker 3: Well, you'll go to deuce is quick? The most uncomfortable thing?
Speaker 2: Say?
Speaker 3: There the list of uncomfortable things are going to happen on this trip. That's and let me tell you, And it's twofold, and it's twofold when you's this bathroom for a deuce, it's twofold.
Speaker 5: You got to watch the racket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, right, you got to it, and you got to do a courtesy, and you got to get any kind of room out of there. Yeah, you got to mix it with a little water early, early, and you want to look around see if I got some kind of spray in there, cause boy, you say.
Speaker 6: Bathroom around here, and it's like one Misissippi.
Speaker 3: Thinking about you in life.
Speaker 5: It's one of the most uncomfortable natural things we do. It's so well, it's so use it here much less than halfward.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't lie what I think. I got this bathroom here to myself, and all of a sudden, all of a sudden, I'm trying to clear the way for what's coming, and I didn't know somebody walks in right in the middle of it, and they get a form.
Speaker 6: Well, nobody likes that.
Speaker 10: Well, Carolyn has said that I have my own room, I'm spending the night at somebody's house.
Speaker 3: You've never have my own room and bathroom. Well, that thats a lot.
Speaker 6: You're gonna have to put a silencer on.
Speaker 3: It, by the way. You know, is it roast? Yes, she said, but yeah, is it I don't know, good old pot Row. Uh so yeah, so that's real.
Speaker 10: So I had to kind of walk that out with Terry and and then and then we were just again just kind of talking. I said, Honey, I said, I don't know how she feel about something. And I said, she said what I said, Well, I got a I got a call from Hoby today and she.
Speaker 3: Said Hoby and Speedy says to life, Paul's yeah, I got a call from Hoby and he said, hey, hey, Speedy.
Speaker 10: I said, hey man. He said, I'm having lunch with JC tomorrow and I said, huh. He goes, yeah, I'm having I'm having lunch with j c uh looking forward to it.
Speaker 3: I'm like, okay.
Speaker 10: So then Jason he comes home, uh two banks can't collide, and he got he he comes home from work and just kind of small talking. He is, hey, Dad, I'm having lunch with Hoby tomorrow. I say, what are you trying to steal Toby from me?
Speaker 3: You know, I wanted to say that but the wizards can share Hoby, That's what I said. No they can't. Well, Hoby's you know, he's a banker and his mentors a lot in that in that world, and certainly didn't get you to mentor about banking. No, No, he needed somebody else for that. And now now Greg banks a lot. But that's something that's different, and so I don't know how I should feel about that. So one of my sons and Herbie are having a little son is going to have his own lunch with Hope. Yeah, Speedy, this is a family still. You know he's doing he's collecting Wilburns. He is, he's collecting, collecting more Greg are Wilburn's drawn to his wisdom. Maybe that's it. Yeah, they've heard Dad talk about the Dolly Loman of Yes, they want to meet himself. Oh he was.
Speaker 10: I thought I forget Hobe. He said the other day he was like, he was texting with Tyler this past weekend about something.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm like, what you know, trying to steal my son's dwee Speedy, you need to write a book, and simply called Hoby said yeah it was yeah, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 10: I mean, I'll just I'll look at it like they're just has.
Speaker 3: Banking.
Speaker 10: I'm sure it's just you know, uh, you know, jay C has been on the job for maybe three three weeks now, I guess something like that.
Speaker 3: Just can't believe I catch up.
Speaker 6: I don't know how it happened.
Speaker 3: I had no idea. I wouldn't even involved in any of this.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I didn't drop that kind of bomb on you with no explanation. I agree, I agree, I agree. So I don't know how to go about it.
Speaker 5: You may be losing hopeing now I think I might.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess show Strange and Coppers, the new podcast from Rick Burgess Get It no Where where you Get.
Speaker 3: Podcasts, Episode five coming out this weekend. It's a brand new podcast that takes on the topic of the supernatural from a biblical worldview. Angels and demons. They are real, and that's probably where we need to focus when we're talking about the supernatural. I know, as much as we possibly can not obsessing over it, but at the same time not being ignorant to it. So episode five coming up this weekend. Follow that podcast Wherever you get Podcasts? Is so all right? We have other things to discuss today. I know we're building, we're grabbing some you know, some quotes and things like that. We'll get into more that we do understand that things are escalating in Iran. Yesterday we actually had a report from Israel with my o's Israel and if you missed that, catch sat on yesterday's archive. But today you things are developing and how how much is the United States of America going to be involved? Has caused disagreement, you know, which our country. That's fine, you know, that's we are that we have the right to discuss and debate, and we elect people and you know, when it comes to you know, getting involved or assisting in any kind of war, that should be much debated and a lot to discuss. This one doesn't seem to be as complicated because one thing I think we always should ask this question, what what is it risk here? And what are what is the gain here for the people of the United States of America. And to me, this one probably isn't as complicated as even people that I agree with on a lot of things are making it. I'm kind of more like Mark Levin when he says, look, I understand the concerns about it. But first of all, he said, I don't think that the assessment that Donald Trump is a pure isolationist is correct.
Speaker 5: He already destroyed.
Speaker 3: Isis and the Caliphaatee and and got involved in what needs to be done there. Now He's strategic about, you know, when what we do and how we go about it. But when you have someone like Iron who has waged terror on the world for as long as I can remember, and they have said they didn't they didn't like kind of say it or suggest it that they hope one day to nukeas that's that's not good. You don't really want that. You don't want a country saying that, and then you you find out they're actually trying to get to where they could you know, some missiles that could reach us, and they've made it very clear that they want to destroy Israel first, uh, and then of course Britain and America. And that's not like, hey, some I wonder if that's what they mean. No, they actually said that, right, yes, yeah, And so you don't want people who say they're going to newq to be able to have nukes. You just don't know. And to me, that's pretty simple. And if we have weapons that can help the Israelis destroy their ability to do that. Then then helping them and even if we have to fly them ourselves, I think is reasonable. I don't look at that like us getting involved in a world war. I look at that as if this is what y'all need to accomplish it, where allies will provide it, this actually prevents a world war. Correct. So that's the way I mean, that's a pretty straightforward view of this. I understand people's concerns, but what you should do is, I know we've lost the ability to do this. If you have concerns, as do, I, look and see if those concerns are valid based on the truth of what we're proposing to do. And if they are, then you need to make it. Let your voice be heard. But if that concern you, look and go, why we don't see any evidence of that? Like I heard Levin talking, thanks for let me see that. When he said the big thing is, oh, this is going to start a war in the Middle East? He said, where are the other Arab countries that are coming up saying we're gonna fight with Iran? Where are they? Right? You know, they're sick and tired of them too, right, you know, you know, the almost the past fifty years, they've been the problem. You don't even see China saying they're going to get involved in it. You certainly don't see Russia saying they're gonna get involved in it. And so I really think that put just pulled some of the support from Iran. Yeah, last night, I think what you're seeing right now is a rogue nation that most everybody would be good with if we would, you know, make sure they don't start throwing nukes everywhere. I think the whole world would say, we probably don't need anybody doing that, right, And so we'll see. But I know that started some debate even within the Republican Party today because you know, you have and I look, I don't want to get into ongoing, you know, never ending wars either. This looks more like a game plan that is precise, and there's things that are needed. Those bunker busting missiles that we have, yep, now we may have to fly on ourselves.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that's okay with me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Well, I think the never ending war that you've talked about, and I'm not you know, some political pundit here, but just from what I've seen from the Mark Levins, and I know Tucker Carlson is he's on the stream other side. I think you can be too hardline and not have any common sense. But but I mean, if you look at it, it has been the never ending war for almost fifty years. This actually would put an end to it. And what they're targeting is in a is built into a mountain and how many how many how deep do you say that? That's like three miles three miles deep? And and and what they're saying they have at the ready is scary. And so the America first point of view that Trump has has always leaned on, actually this would be putting America first, because if they were able to develop it, then America would be the target. Well that was and so and so by eliminating that, it has actually is putting America first. And but I think I've seen some of the extremes. I think the way Tucker cross And treated Ted Cruz was I think absurd. And I'm a Tucker cross And fan, but the way he is acting about this is weird. I mean, it's like it's so far the other end some of them aren't even listening to reason. Uh, and again I don't begin to know. I'm not a military expert, but maybe we can fall somewhere into common sense and then kind of go.
Speaker 3: With that, go with that, and we can't. We don't all have to agree on everything now we don't. But it's just it was just weird how he was he went after him.
Speaker 6: That was a gotcha interview, that was that wasn't an interview, that wasn't a conversation. And I also a huge Tucker Carlton fan. Yeah, but that was to me was odd and just didn't really accomplish anything. Of course we've only seen the little clip, Yeah, but the full who knows how the full interview went. But that was a definite gotcha moment. Ted Cruise did not look good. I mean, I was embarrassed. I was embarrassed for Ted Cruise, but I was kind of also embarrassed for Tucker Carlson for bringing that. Trump has been on the record for a decade saying Iran cannot have nuclear weapons.
Speaker 9: And.
Speaker 6: He has a track record of not getting US into more endless boots on the ground wars. Trump does. Trump has that record, and I hope that just like you guys, we can stay out of an endless boots on the ground war, and and Trump has a track record of keeping us out of those as well.
Speaker 3: So we'll see.
Speaker 5: But I understand the logic and I'm with you guys. Back to Tucker for just a minute.
Speaker 3: You know, if I was his friend, I would say, Tuck, you make some great points, and you've been bold about saying some things that need to be said, and I commend you for that. Where you go south is when you get the crazy eyes. Every now and then you'll get crazy eyes when you'll get in kind of a crazed rant, and it's not a good look. And the little clips that I've seen, you know, when he's really getting on cruise, he gets that crazy eyes look where you almost feel like he's not stable, you know, and it's like you just keep it calm and keep having a conversation.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but yeah, And I think I think Ted Cruz he didn't he did. He's not a historian on Iran, and that's what Tucker was trying to pinpoint to. He didn't know a lot about the population, and I understand that, and I think I think Ted Cruse was just saying, yeah, but we know what the Supreme leaders there of Iran. We know their stance, we know their their nuclear weapon, you know, advancement, we know they can't have it, we know what they want to do with it. I think that's kind of where he was landing. But Tuck Tucker was trying to make him look bad about not knowing as much about it, and you know.
Speaker 5: That's what I saw.
Speaker 3: And to me, that matters if we plan on going in and replacing the government like we've done in the past, that a lot of times were really dumb ideas, and you can get something worse. I agree with all that. I think we got to keep it in the very simple We cannot allow Iran to develop newkes that they say and have said point blank, they will launch it us. We can't let that happen. That doesn't mean we have to replace the government. That doesn't mean we have to start running Iran or Iran is ay like to be called. I hope the Persian people will take it and replace the government themselves, but until this is accomplished, they can't accomplish that either.
Speaker 5: They're on the ropes right now. We have a run on the ropes.
Speaker 3: Israel has done a masterful job so far, and we just need to finish and break their ability to wage clear war on their enemies. Period. Yeah. The rest of the rest of it is all just politics, correct.
Speaker 6: And you mentioned the Persian people getting it done. Yet I think we need to not be in charge of the regime change. No, we seem to not be great.
Speaker 3: We're not good at that.
Speaker 6: No, need to go south every time we try to do that. I think twenty years.
Speaker 10: I think that that that the way Trump is laying it's almost like, hey, look, you need the bunker or busting bombs.
Speaker 3: We're gonna go and we're gonna do that for you.
Speaker 10: And we're going to take out their nuclear deal and Israel you take it from here and and you know, and then we're out of it.
Speaker 3: That's all we're doing. But I don't know.
Speaker 6: Can I watch this interview?
Speaker 3: Speed?
Speaker 6: Can you watch this? It's tough with your second hand embarrassment, it's tough.
Speaker 3: I almost had to stop it two or three times, buddy, Is it tough? Got say the crazy ass thing and that when he goes there it gets out of hand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the Rick Burgess Show doing what he was born to do, The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: We're back. Thank you for being with US America. As we'll walk through another one. We'll get some of your unscreen phone calls coming up a little bit later on, and we'll also run through some more stories today, So just kind of closing that out. We may revisit later in the program if there's some more updates or more things to run down. But the Iranian Supreme Leader Komani, they seem to all these names seem to run together over the decades of Iran, and they're weird leaders. But he is saying on X that the battle begins and shows an eerie picture of balls of fire reigning down on an ancient city. But that's pretty standard. That's they're always claiming that they've got it handled and they're going to destroy everybody and all that. So we'll see how it goes, and we'll let all the debates continue, and you certainly can weigh in on that if you want to a little bit later on when we do some unscreen phone calls. But that's kind of where we are right now. This is an interesting email. Interesting email. Some of you may be in a similar situation. Listen closely to the email. Or his name is Gerald, It's not Jerald Cats but it is Gerald Gerald. Hey birds, I have a question at least two or three times a day as I'm watching the show. Okay, it must be a tuber Hello tubers, and I find myself knowing exactly what each of you are going to say about whatever you guys are discussing. I fear that I'm experiencing some sort of mind mailed with you guys. I don't even know if this is healthy. Do I need to take a break from the show, or is this simply an example of great minds? Just simply think alike, if we were all teenagers hanging out, would my mom say you're spending too much time with those guys? Yeah, I will say, this show does have the ability to meld your mind. Or we're saying the same thing over and over and we don't realize it correct or we just we're buddies. I do think family all think everybody we're all thinking, yeah, yeah, we're buddies. Yeah, I think yeah. I think you're becoming part of the family, which is hopeful. You know, one of the things you love about doing if you go into this field and course, the one time we used to simply say what do you mean when someone said, what do you do? You would say, well, I host a radio show. Well, now it's yes, that's true, but the show is also that I think that's still the bottom of it. It's just consumed in so many different ways now. But one of the things about what we do, and I've often said this about the human voice, is there's a connection when you're just even though this person is watching, what we do is radio, and there's something about connecting with people and what do we hear all the time, which is one of the greatest compliments. I feel like that I know y'all, and I feel like y'all should know me. There's a connection there, Gerald And I guess what I would say, Well, it's kind of what Adler said the other day about us being dad's whether we like it or not, our kids are going to be taking in everything we're doing, whether it's positive or negative. So I would like to say that becoming one with us is not negative. But I can't say that about everything, right, there's some habits we have and some things we do that really other people should not do.
Speaker 10: Right, As my wife says, yeah, we're see my boys say something, she's like, she looks at me and goes you, I know that's you.
Speaker 1: That's so yeah.
Speaker 9: Ruby.
Speaker 6: Aaron does that with Ruby all the time. She'll like walk into a room and be like, oh, this is a sweet sat up.
Speaker 1: I'm like, okay, I.
Speaker 6: Do say sweet set up.
Speaker 3: Ye bad so, But Greg, you you are right, and I'll be honest with you. It's why one of the things Greg says is right. I think on some topics we've established, yeah, you know where we are, and really that's one of the reasons. And if you if you went back, if you've been watching Tales from the camp House at all, on those episodes where it's just behind the scenes and we're discussing, you know, the state of the show, adjusting the show, things we want to do, you'll see us discuss that. To us, there's some topics that we're just tired of because we don't have anything else to say. I mean, we we've said the point, the point stands, the point seems logical, and if we brought it up again, we just say the same thing again, and some of that gets gets old, it gets stale, and you go, I really don't have anything else to say on that topic. Doesn't mean I don't care about it. I just don't have anything new to say. And there's one perfect example. It keeps coming up. But we've covered biological males have a scientific biological advantage in athletics over biological women. I don't know how many more ways to say that, and so we've we've covered that pretty good. And when an example of that comes up again, you go, well, yep, there it is, and there it is again. H But I also think what he's more talking about is also our quirks, like he knows what each of us is going to do personalities.
Speaker 6: And plus I do say everything twice.
Speaker 14: You do you do say everything twice, repeat and repeat.
Speaker 3: So I like this person who just text on text nation. I would rather call it kindred spirits. There not a mind maild Yeah not. And you're not spending too much time with us, No, no, no, But but let's be honest with this thing. Let's be honest about his last sentence. The four of us show up, okay, and it's your kid. Would you want them hanging out with us? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, would you? Well, you know I talked to Greg all the time about how he molded Tyler at twelve. Yeah, look at that he did. Yeah, when we went on to Texas hunt and he spent a lot of time with Greg. And yeah, he had added words to his vocabulary and they weren't obscene. They were just a little leedgy. He needed them for later in life playing sports and all.
Speaker 6: That's good Greg.
Speaker 3: I love Greg's response when I looked at him and said you told him to He goes, Oh he needed to hear that, but he.
Speaker 5: Be shocked.
Speaker 3: But you don't think he loves uncle Greg. Oh look look how he turned out. Yeah, thanks Greg, Greg, Greg, I don't think, yeah, I would remotely take into account this speed. You might have had to go in there and take away some things.
Speaker 10: You know, Hey, we joke a lot, but my boys would benefit from hanging out with y'all as much as they can.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, you know. Yeah, Well here's ry Green. I feel the same way about that. Look, how about this. Here's a person out of I'm not sure where that is. I need. I need to spend more time with y'all. I think y'all make me a better man and a father. Well, there you go. Everybody needs to have that attitude. I spend more time with y'all.
Speaker 15: There you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, since spending time with the Adler, I repeat myself repeatedly. That's a good one. That's good.
Speaker 6: To make sure you're heard, to make sure you're heard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know that Greg's going to call someone a jack. Yeah, well once a week.
Speaker 11: I know that.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's see what they've done. Is they see what qualifies for that statement, They see it coming and boom. I would say, if you're going to be obsessed about something, this show is as good as anything else, probably probably not as bad for these other obsessions.
Speaker 10: Do y'all remember the first I mean, let's just be real. If we're being real, let's just be real. The first time you ever heard your adult son cuss?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yeah, how weird?
Speaker 12: That was.
Speaker 3: It was very strange. And they looked at them and they look at you, and you look at them like, oh, I didn't mean to. And then you're like, oh, you got that for me, didn't you. I mean, you know, they don't run around doing it. But he's just at one cuss or something. You're like, oh gosh, if you watch Master, if you watch campause textanas said it was speeding you fuss, not anybody else. Well, that was Gary's fault.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burchers show. America. Get ready for more of the Rick Burcher Show.
Speaker 3: Let's go America. Thanks for being with us today already and I were in. Have you missed any parts of the show, Not a problem. The daily archives are for you. We got our podcast archive every day of the entire show. An abstat of iur be sure you follow our podcast. Apparently that's important. Uh, if you prefer to see what's happening. The YouTube channel also has a daily archive option for you as well. Today the Wednesday Bible Study. We'll be back on the YouTube channel too, noon Central, one o'clock Eastern for the live opportunity.
Speaker 5: It'll be archives soon after.
Speaker 16: Uh.
Speaker 3: The gang's all here, Speedy, Greg and Adler. Uh, and we have already discussed a good bit. We will continue, Speedy. I understand that someone has sent you a song. Did you did you get that?
Speaker 17: All right?
Speaker 3: Nothing like a good song. Oh we love that. Oh boy, I'm going to have y'all's fun. Yeah. Well, let me just tell me I love our audience. I really do.
Speaker 10: We just talked about how sometimes you know, oh yeah, that candid spirit. But this looks like something that Adler would do and send to me. I just uh, I'll just say, hey, John sent me this Jo talking about our discussion earlier. If you missed it, Hoby's having lunch with one of my boys today. U. I didn't even know it.
Speaker 3: It was just like brought up you would and and this was sent to me. Here. Just take a listen.
Speaker 6: I'm not coming back.
Speaker 3: I can't understand why he wants to run around with the chicken leg man. No, chicken leg man. I don't understand. Oh come on, come on, but I can't understand why don't want to walk around with it?
Speaker 6: You get that man?
Speaker 3: No, hold, come on, come on now. Think about this. He was probably in his car, sounds like it was, and he came up with that tune and was singing and so I need I need to sing this to the guys. What a time we live in him? What a time we live here?
Speaker 6: And that was Lola right log.
Speaker 3: Hold yeah it toold me movie. Think about how far ahead of their time the Kinks were with that song. Yes, they were way ahead of their tight. Now people would listen to that going what's the big deal? Yeah, that happens all the time. But that was about a transvestie, Yes it was. He didn't realize he later until later. Oh no, there's some great lines in that. So like a woman to talk like a man. Yes, you couldn't understand. What about when she hugged him and then it broke his spine? Hey, I'm not you in the club down in the hot song and the drink champion and the lecticord.
Speaker 5: And of course if it's live he stops her and go l O l A and the whole crack.
Speaker 3: You look out there and there where you are. Of course, you know if abandoned that at the club. Yeah, come on, sure that's different. Yeah that's all. Uh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 10: So anyway, we'll say I'll update y'all on j C having lunch with with Hoby. But apparently they are and and I mean these I don't think these is bying.
Speaker 3: Thrifty. Well they'll do that, yeah man, they'll do that in a second. So speedy, you said you were going to bring up something that you wondered if people still do it?
Speaker 10: Well you and uh in you know middle school and high school. Well, do you'all remember playing thumbs? Were all a good thumping, great thumb, but I was I wasn't great?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was a good thump Were you did you did you wrap did you wrap the middle finger around by it? Yeah?
Speaker 6: They bury it, I'll offend pull it back like a trigger.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness. Or or were you one that just kind of got it right there on the tip of the thing, but I can't do it now? If you if you just joined us, we're talking about the thumb game. Yes, I just wonder if your kids still play the thump game or we got so soft they would be sent to the off. You would concentrate on the pink. Oh you could wear that.
Speaker 6: So way wait wait, okay, I thought y'all were just talking about So this is an actual thumpers drinking again.
Speaker 3: You take turns thumping. You take like, I can't do it now because arthritis. But always mine was always way back here you did, you buried it off and then I wow, see I could never get it. I mean I could not hit that. I hit that little pinky right on the edge z. And sometimes if you hit that pinky on the edge, it was good. But sometimes you would miss. If you get too far back and hit that knuckle, it hurt you more hurt it. Would you have to be care of thumb? Yeah, we played thumbs, but I guess that's probably outlawed. Ye, well, that's what I was gonna ask, because does anybody play for us anymore?
Speaker 18: That's I mean, that's that's a huge di somebody thumping that on neck for you. And then for some reason if it's.
Speaker 6: Cold, if it's cold, you're done your ears. Just cut my ear off.
Speaker 3: About that, about that frozen little piece of meat hanging down. Yeah, and the school bully would thump that thing for you right now. So the thumb wars are different than the song. The thumb wars is when you know that's that's what that's for.
Speaker 1: Tiny.
Speaker 3: I've already taught my grandkids that, Yeah, and I let them win. They think it's funny.
Speaker 10: Sure, Uh, I was just wondering about it. Yeah, I got to remind them whose boss them. And then for some reason thumps wasn't enough. We went to pencil break and we didn't do pencil break. But let me tell you, if you want to gracious the Thunderdome of them type games, the one with the combs blood bloody knuckles. Yes, you lay a comb flat and if you you know, and they would try to fake like they're coming to get in if you flinched and fell off, they got a free shot, and they would take the comb and cut you between.
Speaker 5: I forgot about I forgot about it like that, right?
Speaker 3: What about what if they faked and it fell off? I got a free shot. I remember seeing those knuckles, just lines all in them. Yeah, what about this? Also in that same thunderdome, in that same category, you remember with a deck of cards, knucks the cars?
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh, we used to do with quarters. It was not good. I think that was spreading some diseases.
Speaker 3: And then plays. Of course, everybody had a comba in and pocket. Yeah everybody. We've become a kinder, gentler society, but we're also just soft.
Speaker 6: We are I think kids. Do the kids play thumps anymore?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 3: You really want to get deep, and this is usually involves alcohol. Great, No, don't do it alcohol. We're talking about middle school.
Speaker 8: We didn't.
Speaker 5: Great, we didn't do alcohol.
Speaker 3: Alcohol. This is later, okay, noo promote never that's a cautionary tale, is what I'm telling you. Anyway, But you would you would take your hand like this and you would measure from their jaw, okay, and you couldn't draw back, just go straight and you swapped lick.
Speaker 5: Now like you came to promote Greg and I go from here, okay, now I go.
Speaker 3: Okay, you gonna do it?
Speaker 6: Great, good one, just one good one, dude speaking, there's one good one.
Speaker 3: When you're being punched, you gotta hold your teeth together.
Speaker 6: Oh yes, you better better.
Speaker 3: And then here's a bad thing about it. This goes back. I've seen this happen. They were playing it while somebody was driving and they knocked the driver out, so they had what just for a seconds, nothing funny about this laugh was not I couldn't do anything about it, but that was not a time to line. Just kind of a swerve and he came back. It's like, oh, I'm oh, it was just a swerve from Yeah, it was where we were. You took us that. You went where we shouldn't go. We went from school, dude, I'm drinking and hitting the next day, you face. I just I don't remember. I don't ever. I don't have any memory of my boys.
Speaker 10: I think maybe at one point going hey, Dad would play thumps or I know whatever, because we all walked around with bloody knuckles and hands all the time.
Speaker 3: I don't know we you know, we were we were tough ened up for the world it was ahead. How about this? It goes back to the cant You know you got to you gotta learn to work through some stuff. We lived in a a.
Speaker 5: Young society that was it was not for the soft.
Speaker 3: I mean, everybody's trying to cut you with combs and thump your knuckles and thump your neck, dump your ear.
Speaker 6: And you remember when you're in.
Speaker 3: Half punch pants.
Speaker 6: You don't forget about pants?
Speaker 3: What about frog?
Speaker 5: What about frogging your frogging your thigh, frogging your arm?
Speaker 3: When you would get a broom out and trick them into doing that where you put your leg behind the other lane and you see who kick the brooin the feathers and they what if you do? If you kick it hard, you kick that leg out from it and you following your back, you're setting them up. Get you're adding games. It doesn't okay. We should play that. That worked the food world, and we drigged the bread man. You got delivered the bread We trigged him into and listen he he rared back and kicked his own leg off. Somebody brought ups up to you didn't want to. You don't want anybody to take their class ering turn it up. So we had a teacher that would do that. Yes, we never miss Laller. Yes, she would hitching top of the head, whether slaw Lawler did things that she would be arrested for. Yeah, how about trigging people to see, hey, let me see how strong your neck? Yes? See if I can pull your neck off the wall here and you have them to send up against the wall and then.
Speaker 6: They're sitting there trying to get it to what you can't and you let go and the.
Speaker 3: Almost knocked.
Speaker 1: But this is the Rick Burgess show Men go Run in the Raid. The new book back with Burches available now wherever you get books.
Speaker 3: Alrighty, so uh as we come back, I know that we've been discussing these games, and Speedy brought it up with that. You know all boys played when we were growing up. We've come to the conclusion these things have been replaced by smartphones and video games.
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, we had to get creative and having downtime. Uh And Greg, Greg was even talking about when y'all were growing up about sometimes just I mean it's like you would have a summer day and you were like, what are we going to do? You know, because they're just wanted to many options, and God forbid you say you were bored, because if.
Speaker 3: My mom ever heard I was bored or whatever it was, you're bored. I got some things for you can do, you could do, and that.
Speaker 10: She would always send me to the garage to sweep it out. And I get it now because you know the garage can get away from you. That seemed to be the number one shore. Clean the garage out, sweep it out.
Speaker 3: You're like, I'm up board again. Raise your hand if you are thankful, though, raise your hand if you are speedy, thankful, thankful, thankful that smartphones did not exist.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when we were young and days, I wouldn't be sitting here my hand.
Speaker 3: Is I would. Well, yeah, it's a good point. I have a feet. That guy says, well, you know I got on my own when I was fifteen. What happened, Well, that was a video that my parents kicked me out. You know what I mean? Uh yeah, yeah, it's uh.
Speaker 6: I hate to go serious here, but y'all, these smartphones are drug.
Speaker 5: It is a no question. These kids, no question.
Speaker 6: I have seen kids, four or five kids all together at a playground and they're all sitting on their phones. They're at a playground like zombies.
Speaker 17: Yes, and it is.
Speaker 6: It's so sad that and being being bored. Yeah, there is an important thing that happens to your brain when you're bored, Like you actually begin to think of new things and new ideas and you process thoughts. And the fact that these kids aren't playing with each other, that's so bad for their socialists. Being socialized and being normal, having a being able to talk to girls. Make a family. It builds on itself and then the next thing. The next thing, you know, you're thirty nine years old and you and you don't have any friends and you live by yourself, and it's just satink a bit and you stink a little bit.
Speaker 3: I watched because I went out to eat last night with some friends and that way great meal. And yeah, right, he did say make a family. I watched important. I watched a young couple come in. They they because they seating them at the table that like, if you're looking, if I was looking across at our friends, they would have been on the table behind them, so I could see them. Am I just normal view? And I watched them and they came in. You know where I'm going. Oh, yeah, this is a couple they might all right, and they come in and they sit them down.
Speaker 6: They're working on making a family.
Speaker 3: Great, great restaurant. After and look as soon as they're both their rear ends hit their seats, they picked their phones up and start going and they're sitting at the table together.
Speaker 5: Wow, they didn't talk to each other.
Speaker 3: No, they didn't do that. And the thing that got me about the drug of it is just being a person who loves to eat and loves good food. I can't believe. Why did you not at least look at the menu first? Yeah, I mean you went to the phone before the menu?
Speaker 19: Wow.
Speaker 3: I mean shouldn't you be kind of looking see what's the special tonight or whatever? At least shouldn't that have at least you don't have to interact with the person that you're on a date with. I guess, but shouldn't at least get the menu first? Are you going there to pull up the website of the restaurant when there's a paper you know? Because by the way, if you want to upset me, be some of these people that never change back to the to the menu. After the pandemic, you remember that dumb thing that we weren't allowed to hold menus because we somehow that was going to give us COVID.
Speaker 5: We had to do the old QR code.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, we.
Speaker 14: Don't have menus scan this.
Speaker 3: We don't have menus because we're trying to save the world, and you want the menu means you hate people. M Yeah, okay, thanks whatever. Well, look, I think and I've said this on the show already, and I'm acknowledging that if you want to know whether your child is addicted to a phone, just take it away from watch them react and watch their reaction. Yeah, you're all over that. And if they have a conniption and start rolling in the floor like a heroin attic, you got a problem. That's a problem. Yeah, are they grab it? Won't let you have it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Now, now for that.
Speaker 6: INTEGRAF, people need to hear the message don't let your kid be We don't have let your kid have un you know, uh uh monitors, unsupervised, unmonitored access to the Internet. Do people need to hear that again, because it seems like they need they do. Even YouTube, the auto play stuff can lead them down a very bad and weird rabbit hole that algorithm feeds. I remember there was a time period in which the algorithm was messed up and it was feeding kids to this weird video of like a clown breaking into a kid's house, and it was just the weirdest thing ever. Monitor what your kids are doing and don't let them talk to anybody that you don't personally know.
Speaker 3: Should we say this? I think what just happened on the show, and I think this what makes us unique. We just said the world would be a better place if your kid would put down his phone and thump somebody. Yeah, yeah, that's what we just said.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and play the play.
Speaker 5: It's a long way home, but we've done it. Teach your kid thumps today.
Speaker 6: And the one inch punch game that Greg was talking yeah, which I was wondering, Hey.
Speaker 5: By the way, can I to different game?
Speaker 3: You had to be serious?
Speaker 6: Can I give you a wedgy adler? I haven't done that.
Speaker 5: What a class.
Speaker 14: My older brother was so brutal to me by the time.
Speaker 6: By the time I got into public, I was so mean.
Speaker 3: You were ready.
Speaker 6: I was ready for prison. You know, I had already been in solitary with a crazy man like so once I got into the general population, I did. Actually, well, you were.
Speaker 5: Prepared by half of Big Brothers everywhere.
Speaker 6: You're welcome, Thank you for thank you for preparing us.
Speaker 3: I'm about to go when you get you up on you tippy toes. Oh you know, well, Greg and I saw one and it may have been the greatest wedgie. We saw the band come loose on the underwear, one all the way over the kid's head. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Atomic atomic, really the old atomic.
Speaker 3: World class, world class feet slightly off the ground. I think there was more pants than going on than wages, because you know, we'd had to wear them, Jim chortes.
Speaker 6: To work out so easy, the amount of pantsing.
Speaker 3: I mean those out I mean just you didn't have to struggle at all, just because they were elastic. Ways. Yeah, would wait till there'd be a big crowd all of a sudden ramp. Yep, you especially if you if you had a job, because we always wore jock straps. So it was yeah. But see, we were traumatized and it helped us. And you know, at least at least we knew how to look somebody in the eye into a job interview.
Speaker 1: Yaka.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because we were constantly having a talk. We didn't give them away.
Speaker 10: Look, let's just be honest with it too. We were a little bit we were more smooth with when it came to asking girls.
Speaker 3: Out because you had because you had to. I mean now now they just text each other and they don't know how to ask them out. That they don't know because they get locked up. You know, what do they do?
Speaker 6: You know, if you like me, respond to this emoji in that positive way and we'll keep it big and like my message. She liked my post.
Speaker 3: Besa, here's a grandparent. Okay, my kids watching all five hours a day on YouTube, should ill stop that. No, what they're learning, what they're learning, they'll be asking. They'll be asking today, Papa, tell me about thumps. Yeah it's me, Papa. Come my ear, Papa.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. It's like eating lunch at the cool table, the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness. Thanks for being with us, America. Everybody, come on, come on America. As we move forward, we covered a lot today, Uh, still more to come.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: How would you like to come to our home state? Huh?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 3: The Alabama Mountain Lakes Tourist Association is put together a great opportunity, a great opportunity for you to come and join us and you can go hunting and beautiful North Alabama. It's gonna be up at Willow Oak Lodge, which is a beautiful, beautiful place, and it's gonna be a two day free range hunt fifteen hundred dollars in value, your meals and your lodging free. You do need to get your license in the state of Alabama. You got to follow all the game official aws here because you'll be hunting in Alabama. This is must be. You must do the hunting one calendar year and you can't transfer it to somebody else Other than that. You're ready to go, and Willow Oak manages several thousand acres of land for free range hunting in the most beautiful part of Alabama. Go to Alabama Roadtrips dot org Alabama roadtrips dot org. How cool would it be for you to win this and take the buck of a lifetime? Also look for the sponsors button at Rick Burgessshow dot com and go there. So we've covered a lot. A lot of people are probably thinking they can't believe the the world that we grew up and lived in. Uh, but I think I think it was much better childhood than my nose in an iPad or my nose in the phone, and I'm socially awkward. Uh but but anyway, and you had to go through some stuff. I mean, you got your little feelings hurt, and yeah, you know, and sadly somebody on text nations said, I know, shall left out b B gun battles. Well, we left that out because we don't want to promote that. That's not no, that's that's not good idea. Did we do it? Yes? Should we have done it?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 5: And very dangerous. You know, somebody's going to put a.
Speaker 3: Night claimed weren't going to shoot at each other's head, but that was all they'd stick out. So yeah, right, Well, and then we had forts, and then people would just fire into the fort. I'm not sure how you avoid somebody's head doing that. Now, Yeah, shot.
Speaker 10: There, hide and go seek. You knew when you were caught, yep, because I mean if you got shot, you were it.
Speaker 6: Yep, you got shot, you were caught.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Shot.
Speaker 3: By the way, let's just talk about forts in general. Did y'all love building for a tree for the forts lived in it? We bore tree houses. We built a nice tree house. Remember, we barred some of them. I thought I thought that wood was out there for for taking. Thought they were done with it. I did not know it was there for them to finish worth the next day. Oh no, really, a bunch of little boys marching various pieces of plywood into the woods.
Speaker 5: And the big bag of nails because they left that out too, I thought.
Speaker 6: Was probably going to use those were probably going to use that.
Speaker 3: I thought. Man, these people loved it, loved the kids of our neighborhood. And look they want to help us. But you're right, you had to get creative. I mean you know you did.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean we'd get creative and and uh, my dad, by the way, says, hello, how are y'all doing? He said, talking about the good old days, he said, it reminds me back in the day, we used to have drive ins, and that's where you go.
Speaker 6: I mean you'd go to the.
Speaker 3: Drive in park your car, nobody get out, hang out. Of course, you don't see much of that anymore. Everybody's off getting in trouble. My drive in memories are when I was a kid. It there were two drive ins in between Aston Jacksonville and there was one an Auxtor too. But you remember going to the Midway drive I do. Of course, Dad were drink his pickup truck and we'd sit in lawn chairs in the back of it. Of course, I remember getting in trouble at one Well, I'm sure I made a comment. I remember I heard older kids say it. I didn't know. I remember that wasn't a movie. I think we were watching, like, uh, it's terrible that the Neptune disaster. Yeah, I didn't know.
Speaker 5: I did not know.
Speaker 3: And Dad, like you said, Dad, take his pickup truck. We put chairs in the back of it and put speakers out there. I got in so much trouble.
Speaker 5: I didn't watch.
Speaker 3: I didn't know. I was a stupid little kid. An older kids said something of this. Our dad hates anything disrespectful, I mean, to the disrespecting authority may be one of the things he hated the most, Okay, And I didn't know what it meant. I didn't know. Yoah, should I say it? Yeah, huh. I mean, it's not anything nasty, but it's just it's a very offensive thing. And I didn't know it as a kid. So we're there's a big highway that ran past the driving ten ten, ten, eleven, ten. We had We had older kids in the neighborhood.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 3: I remember, I remember one time I shot one of a bird and he said, you don't know what that means, you little stupid kid. And I didn't and he was like, what does it mean? What does it mean? I shouldn't going to tell you. Yeah, I know, but anyway, so, uh, it was just so rough. But we're sitting and Dad's it's a nice evening, and you know how you wait on the sun go all the way down for the movie starts still a little bit late summer, and the police went by with sirens out on the highway, and like a stupid little kid, I didn't know. I said, we're to go to pigs and my dad, so I got I didn't know. I didn't know what that meant. I heard the older kids saying it, oh no, and I throw that out like I'm some criminal, and uh got in trouble. Oh I did, got torpor driving. It didn't matter. Those popcorn you said, that's a picture my little chubby self sitting there now for the Disney movie. Tears stayed still on my fat little face, My little fat little face still staying with tears. Beat my popcorn baby brother grinning.
Speaker 7: I thought.
Speaker 3: If the other one got in trouble, it was great. Yeah, it was perfect, no matter what. How about I just shouted out like I was hip right in front of my door. Would you said like I was some don't you ever like I was some pothead from school? I didn't know five? Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: He was probably taking that.
Speaker 3: He didn't. I chose the worst way you could have chosen. Also, speedy, have you have you checked on the fact that I know you try to keep us updated on the NHL. You know we have a new champion. Stanley cut back to back for them. I don't know. Are you Are you glad that?
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 3: Are you glad that Edmonton lost? Since they beat the Stars? It was a great You and j C were there before. He had hoped we got their new friendship starting. Well, you know, I won't go into all that. I don't I mean, Florida. I was kind of paying attention to it. I've tried to get give the NHL a lot more. It is really cool. Y'all need to go. But the n A the NHL because you even said it about Dallas. It's kind of like college football long before college football got there, Like just because you see somebody play and say for Oklahoma, it doesn't mean they have any connection to Oklahoma whatsoever. They were brought from who knows where. So even though you see Dallas and you see Florida, most of the good players are still Canadian, right, because it feels weird that Florida is good at hockey. Feels weird foreigners from like Russian place, right. But yeah, yeah, right, but I'm pitching a bunch of Floridians winning the Stanley Cup. No, no, no.
Speaker 10: As a matter of fact, JC educated me, he goes, Dad, You know the front the entire front line for the Dallas Stars of Finland from Finland, right, so they come they come from these hockey countries.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: How many homegrown, really good hockey players.
Speaker 13: Do we have?
Speaker 3: So you're thinking that guys hung out of the beach are now playing hockey, which that's not true. But it's weird for Florida to be good at hockey. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 10: The Florida Panthers that that was back to back for them, and it was them and Edmonton in the finals the last two years and Florida has won.
Speaker 3: I did not know that, So that that's the same exact setup.
Speaker 14: Do you want to hear this interview from Matthew to.
Speaker 3: Cotch to.
Speaker 6: Check he's a forward. He's a forward for Florida. He's got three goals and four assists this series, which is incredible.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 6: He had some injuries that he worked through.
Speaker 3: If you guys want to hear, Okay, sure, do you.
Speaker 6: Think the average fan has any idea what you went through?
Speaker 3: And what did you go through?
Speaker 7: I tore my ad oct off the bone and that had some hernia thing and on the same side, and I wanted.
Speaker 3: To throw in the towel a bunch of times.
Speaker 7: I'm sure I got to thank a lot of people, I mean for getting me offen. Sure I wasn't the easiest of def I mean, John Say did a great drop.
Speaker 6: Of the house side.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 10: But yeah, hockey guys, man, Yeah, And that's what Greg and I were talking, because you know, he was like, man, the Stanley Cup Finals is the playoffs that goes forever. And not that I'm some expert, but seeing one live, you see like the how their bodies are treated and how beat up they are, and I'm like, yeah, it takes some time between games to kind of recoup travel and that's why these things are so spread out, they can't just go. They would playing tonight, Let's play again tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: I get beat up.
Speaker 6: Do you feel like that, Greg?
Speaker 3: It doesn't feel like when you heard the and you hear the tough hear the toughness of this guy. You think he must have been they played nuts wherever he was. Oh, you know they did.
Speaker 10: But you hear stuff like that, and and really, we should give hockey more. And we say that, we say that every single give a little bit more. This year, we get a little bit more this year.
Speaker 6: A few years old.
Speaker 3: And I've never given anything, so I'm probably not.
Speaker 6: I think it's never too late to change, Greg, It's never too late to change.
Speaker 3: The part that I think I struggle with is the ice. If this were on grass, I think I'd be all about it.
Speaker 14: Really, so the whole game then, just the whole basis of the whole game then.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, the ice skating part.
Speaker 3: And even though I know that gives the speed and the hits and all that, there's something about that ice that makes me feel like being a Southerner, I came like and we just don't know much about.
Speaker 6: Ice, Yeah, we don't know much about it.
Speaker 5: Were scared of ice. We don't like the thought of ice.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you watching it, you forget their own ice because it does look like they're just running out. That's amazing.
Speaker 6: Still across then you prefer frost.
Speaker 3: I think so maybe hey, with a little more contact.
Speaker 6: Okay, Greg, there's more to NASCAR than Nascar in college football.
Speaker 3: I'm stepping out. We'll be back next year. I'm gold for Florida Pampas.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, only in America. Could these four men do this for a living God bless America. This is the Rick budget Show.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being with us today, America. Much to do on the program as we go forward. So this this came out yesterday and I thought to myself, is this even more of an upgrade than what we've seen before? And you know this, this has been something we've said way back on the years of doing the Rick and Bubba Show for for for three decades, and we've said this over and over again. If the Patterson film is real, then Bigfoot exists. If it's really when the moon hangs high on the breast of the lake, ye in the bite of the wind, it's like a slap in.
Speaker 17: The facer a legend.
Speaker 1: There looks naze.
Speaker 3: It's bit of funt Okay, So Adler, I knew that you might have this today when I started seeing this floating around yesterday. Oh boy. Uh and that is the Oh boy, they've enhanced it again. And they're saying that this is the best stabilized Patterson film version.
Speaker 6: That's one I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Okay, Now again, there's all kind we can't quite figure out if this Patterson film is legit. Yeah, And by the way, I would just prefer if no one can come until we get something this good. Just don't just don't do anything else. I don't like when somebody says they have something and I'm looking through a bunch of trees, I say, see right.
Speaker 5: Now, yeah, I get yeah, just the bigfoot search here is the standard?
Speaker 3: Now is this a person in a and it's either a person in a suit, a good suit, a good suit. Our Bigfoot exists, right, okay, and so it's no other animal. So this tell us ader why this is? What have they done here? I don't I don't fully understand why this is an upgrade.
Speaker 6: Well it's a it's to me. It paints the scene the best that I've ever seen Okay, because it will. It stabilizes everything. You get the whole path, the whole walk, and you can really analyze his gate and see if it is truly the sad squatch.
Speaker 3: Okay, right here we go. Okay, so we're now.
Speaker 6: And there's creepy music to it too. Really, I think that adds to it.
Speaker 5: Is it is this a license creepy music?
Speaker 10: You're gonna to really explain for the radio audience because they just hear nothing.
Speaker 3: All right, So.
Speaker 10: The one thing they have stabilized, like like we're just so we're playing from whole scene.
Speaker 3: Boy, Now, let's look at it.
Speaker 5: Concentrate on the legs. Concentrate on the legs.
Speaker 6: Is that a man? Or look at that?
Speaker 3: I think no, it walks almost too much like a man. Yeah, you think it would walk a little bit, right? What about what about the length of the arms. Just look at the length of the arms. Now, I have pretty long arms. If this is a costume for the nineteen sixties. Yeah, By the way, that's an important point. Greg. When was this done? I think it was in the sixties. Yeah, do you think that music is better than this music?
Speaker 1: Woking out?
Speaker 3: Do it again?
Speaker 5: Let's do it with the course, foods coming, foods coming.
Speaker 3: Look at that, he's almost on the beat.
Speaker 5: So what do we think, man, I say, guiding?
Speaker 10: It sure does look like when when when when Big looks back, does it look like he's got you can?
Speaker 6: Can you see his white face right there?
Speaker 3: That right there though, the way the body looks, it looks real. He does if it's there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, get out the.
Speaker 3: Corner right here, all right, So let's let's have those of you listening. You'll see the Patterson film. Ye, what do we feel about this part of his body? It looks like a big bo It looks like a big booty.
Speaker 6: He does have a booty.
Speaker 17: You think this is a female?
Speaker 3: You know they've always heard him claim that. That is you saying, because of the big booty.
Speaker 6: Wow, look at that. Oh yeah, they never know big booty instead of big foot.
Speaker 3: Bigfoot got back?
Speaker 17: Yes big.
Speaker 3: And listen, guys, I don't did they Let's talk tallness? Pretty tall, pretty tall? Hard to tell its own film.
Speaker 10: Go back if you don't mind, we're just analyzing this. But when when when it goes? When Bigfoot looks back, Yes, it's right there right now. If you could zoom in on that, it's looking back do you see the white like around the nose, and does it look like he's wearing a mask, like that's a white guy underneath there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I'm just I'm worth owing. We got bothors and just the sun.
Speaker 5: Like I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 3: When I look down from booty down, it's almost like bigfoot looks a lot like the body of a housewife burgess.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Is there a woman that Is there a woman that big?
Speaker 6: If it's fake?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, there's a big women out there. I mean, but this is tall to no.
Speaker 5: Greg and I went to the county fair.
Speaker 3: We saw Helga, the German Johnts. He built just like that. She looked just like this.
Speaker 10: As somebody saying, we need to look at the ankles at the very beginning of the vehicle.
Speaker 5: Because that let's see if we see fake feet.
Speaker 3: Getting the point.
Speaker 14: So that was nineteen sixty seven, didn't know nineteen sixty seven.
Speaker 6: Okay, look at that. Women in the sixties have big booties.
Speaker 14: Do what did the women in the sixties have big booties?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Not this big, this big, not this big. In the eighties, look at ankle ankles, let's see where they're.
Speaker 11: Like.
Speaker 10: It could be you know, some of these I gotta tell you, some of these offensive linemen. They got those tall booties that are really big.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, no, I know what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it could be that. It could be.
Speaker 5: But did you notice up in the chest area too, some.
Speaker 6: Chestage going on chest.
Speaker 3: It's going to have a big chest well, but a little bit of man boobs. Yeah, but I mean that's if you see st've seen a gorilla. They got some I'm right, I'm fine. It could be male or female. I'm open to that, but is it real or not? I think with this new stabilization, it to me feels more like person in suit less like animals, a really good suit, a good suit, the way he walks, and like you said, as a just a human look to the.
Speaker 14: Guy, like going to the bathroom, like just a guy walking to the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Look along.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that could be the costume could be extensions.
Speaker 3: I always forget every time we like a guy at the outside that says I'm going off right.
Speaker 6: Where you going, I'm going to drop one, leave me alone.
Speaker 10: We've been about how many times we've been get investigated. This This is the best video we've seen so far. What did has anybody ever come forward? It's about capturing Well, I always forget. There was one story that said that there was a deathbed confession. Then somebody came back, so that never happened. Uh, the guy Patterson never said it was a guy in the suit. Some guy claimed.
Speaker 3: The guy said I was the guy in the suit, and it all kept conflicting on himself.
Speaker 10: Well, I know now, with technology and stuff, it just seems like, I mean, with game cameras and all that, somebody would get something coming through.
Speaker 3: But I don't know, and you get no, I do not believe the plaster feet they've done. You know, we've had we've interviewed course Gary does that. I am he gets fake feet, a big foot running over your place, I'm telling you, but but no, I think that. I think I do not believe in the animal Bigfoot at all. But too many cameras now we don't have him. But this film is likely a person in a suit, you know, But but I don't all these years.
Speaker 10: So you're telling me you're on a summit tree stand, hanging on the side of a tree you climb, and that comes walking through the hardwoods.
Speaker 3: You you that, Greg, you say you're gonna let it pass. Yes, I will not. It's too humans. I will not. I will solve this record. Already made that declaration years ago. All Solson is trying. Of course, Now I got a camera can stay, but what if it can talk? He's like, what was just some ugly hairy person that lives in the woods.
Speaker 6: Oh what about this footage bigfoot getting detained by ice?
Speaker 14: Oh my goodness?
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Hey, so that's fun.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Welcome to a brand new hour of The Rick Burgess Show with Speedy, Greg Burgess, Eddie Van Adler, and Rick Burgess.
Speaker 3: That's right, the gang all here today. Thank y'all for being with us. Hey, we'll go unscreen phone calls next segment. So just kind of if you're trying to think, all right, I gotta get to where I can get involved in that. We'll do that coming up. We covered a lot miss any of the show. You know what to do. Be sure that you have followed our podcast. Just go to where you get podcasts and search Rick Burgess Show and you will have our podcast archive every day. Be sure you're following that so you get the alert when it's available to you go pick up any part of the show that you might have missed while it was happening live. Thank you for being with us again today. All right, so Speedy's telling us we've talked a lot today about, you know, how we all grew up and spent some time on that, had some fun with that. Speedy was wondering if any of these type of things go on now, and I don't think so, not to talking about nuts and you know, in all kinds of various games that really were physically uncomfortable thumping.
Speaker 6: And all that. So, yeah, real quick question, how old were y'all when you saw your first helmet, the first bicycle helmet? Like, how old were you?
Speaker 3: Because I was I was nine when I was like somebody we never wore, We never wore, I never saw them. I think I would almost say, like thirty thirty. I was nine and we rode skateboards downhills and everything, but nothing on but a pair of shorts. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I went to a girl's house and she had helmets and risk guards. I was like, what are these things for?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 3: We'd climb to the top of pine trees and sway back and forth, so stupid.
Speaker 6: So there was so many things, you know, it was so bad.
Speaker 5: Not a person around. So if I played this, what what tell me what it makes you think of.
Speaker 1: My show building.
Speaker 17: Expedition Click Heaven, Drop.
Speaker 3: Of the Law, Land of the Lost.
Speaker 10: The reason I play that is because it is out now that Netflix may reboot the seventies classic Land of the Lost.
Speaker 3: You know, correct me if there wasn't an attempt at a movie it was with Will Ferrell. It was fun and it was terrible. It was in two thousand and nine. It wasn't good. It was not It was not good at all.
Speaker 10: But you know, we we've talked a lot about how nobody can come up with anything on their own. Now they have to reboot all of the class you know what show.
Speaker 3: No one's creative anymore now that now they just let a I come up with something for it, right, Netflix came out said it might reboot the classic. If you don't know what is all the it's a father and two of the kids after the greatest earthquake every now and according to the show's thing, are transported to a world where dinosaurs still exists and other fantastic creatures of what whatever legendary story. You know they lived in that cave and when the t rex would show up and they'd tell you they called it the fly swatter. They take that big log and shove in his mouth. Run out. But when the sleeve snacks showing, Choco was a little weird too. He was like a little ape guy Chaka. Look at how terrible the effects are.
Speaker 6: It looks good to me, man, that's it looks like it's in a bathtub.
Speaker 3: Please look look like my bathtub. That was the greatest ever.
Speaker 10: Believe they're saying legendary television and producers Sid and Marty Croft are behind the project.
Speaker 5: Are they still alive?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 6: God, this was a joint.
Speaker 3: You talk about a weird bunch puffing stuffff stuff monster. You remember remember the Buggaloos, Yes, the Buggalows? Yeah? Wow, Lydsville remember Lyddsville?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Greg, you got them all.
Speaker 5: But I just noticed that.
Speaker 3: Can you back that up? Yeah, it's a weird. Can you back up to where we were doing? Trad What are we doing? Did the guy who played Rick Marshall just go by the one name Wesley? What was he the starring Wesley as Will Marshall? Was he Prince yeah, was he was? He way ahead of his time. You just called him Wesley like he was some great We never even heard of him again after this, and he just went by the name Wesley Spencer Milligan. What was the other thing? I don't know what's the Wesley thing?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know what that is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Wesley as Will Marshall. So that's the sun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he's Rig Marshall. Okay, so Will Marshall and actually just went by Wesley. Okay, now we got turned back. Oh that's weird. Okay, that is well THETT is Rig Marshall, Will and everybody. And as a kid, somebody's put on text Nation back to Sid and Marty Croft and their Saturday morning stuff that they did, which included this later is Witchipooh terrified me. They had a witch and she terrified me. And we went to see it live at six Flags and Witchipoo came out and I was out. I ran out of there, and you ran out of there, fled WITCHI poo you're flying around in there.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 3: She was the same witch from Wisdom Bods. Right.
Speaker 10: Yeah, then, like, well, Hollywood Reporter is coming out with this story. Netflix, Uh didn't comment on it, but they have a lot of information about how they're kicking the tires on rebooting it.
Speaker 3: So we'll see.
Speaker 6: There was a nineties version two, by the way, and I watched that one much more than the seventies one that.
Speaker 3: You think that's on Amazon Prime now, But there was a nineties one.
Speaker 6: Yes, Yes, I'm Neickelodeon.
Speaker 3: I never knew about this. Yes, and so we've done this was my version right here. We've tried Land of the Loss a lot. Yes, Rick, come research, and I think Sid's still alive. I believe Marty went on.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 3: Oh so this on that one they fall through the the earth in a jeep.
Speaker 6: Yes, oh, I remember that girl with the glasses now, I had a crush on her, by the way, damn and the boy I see, I stole that from stole that from Greg.
Speaker 3: Snuffle up with us. We can't. That's actually not from Sid Martin. That's Sesame Street, that's Jim Henson. Okay, so do we want it again? I'm with Greg if we bring Land of the Loss back. And I loved it as a kid. I don't want to go down the Chaka Sleeack road because remember that.
Speaker 5: And that got weird it did, will.
Speaker 3: Go in these pylons and moved these crystals around.
Speaker 20: What was that.
Speaker 3: I'm a kid, I want to see dinosaurs. I don't need to see that weird at least I didn't like that. To me, it was almost you remember the weird show Lost? Yes, that no one. No one expected it to be popular, so they didn't know what to do. They started making stuff up. Yeah, and I got hung up in it, and it was terrible.
Speaker 5: It's like we're little kids in the slee stack Road.
Speaker 3: Took us down these crystals and they're traveling in time, and I think, I'm I don't know how I'm I'm freaking out in a room. I don't like all that. Let's stay with the dinosaurs are after us and Grick. You basically want them to create Jurassic Park. But you're right. Jurassic Park the original outstanding movie, very good, one of my all time favorites. Yeah, yeah, I wouldn't go that far, but it's good. The first of this, Yes, all time favorite. It's it's almost one of my all time favorites. Perfect movie, almost a perfect movie. You didn't hear me say it was better than Rocky the Original. I said, it's one of my all time favorites. I like Jurassic Park. You think about the now six or so, don't like Goes. We're talking about the original, I said, the original Jurassic part. Have you ever read the book? No, I haven't either, but Twister, but I mean it's good. Did you ever read the book Joles? I know, we said, well, I read parts of it. I just remember Dad talking about him a lot lately. I remember Dad telling us that the book was better than the movie, and as a stupid little kid, You're like, what are you talking about? Of course I wouldn't go see the movie anyway, because it was terrified. I do remember Matt Hooper Richard Dryforth's character in the book gets killed. Great movie. You're telling people, guys that since the seventies, all right, but he gets his character actually gets eat by the shark in the book. But in the movie it do okay because.
Speaker 6: They need a bigger boat.
Speaker 3: That's why. That's what I'm doing about. That's a great movie. I remember the you know when you have a really good writer, and Dad was saying, you could actually see the shark and fill the shark moving by reading about it more than actually on the screen. They were limited by what they had that could do visual and of course you've never seen that documentary. The Shark was a handful. Oh they had had the weather weather horrible. They thought it was gonna be a flock dude, they had no idea.
Speaker 6: Yeah, don't remember how scared they were. That's why they put it in this summer because it's the summer. Blockbuster wasn't a thing yet Jaws comes out and changes.
Speaker 3: The mutant movie in it. When we come back, we go on screen. Phone calls America standing by this chat with you when the Rick Burgess Show continues.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Okay, are you ready to bring something to the table?
Speaker 9: Cool?
Speaker 3: No, and get on the show?
Speaker 1: What eight eight eight six by Buck?
Speaker 3: All right, here we go Gang All ten lines available on screen, phone calls our first check on this today, Barma, we'll get to you momentarily. First of all, want to make sure you know about what's going on at MyPillow dot com slash big Vox. Go right now and you can see some of the best sheet sheets you've ever had. They are Giza dream bed sheets and they come from that incredible quality out of Giza. And if you have never slept on these sheets. Man, you talk about ten one hundred thread sheets. No, what we're talking about now, we're talking about four hundred thread count made from the absolute best cotton in the world from Giza. You can get Queens Kings, Split Kings, California Kings, it doesn't matter what it is, forty nine ninety eight right now, order now and stock up because when they're gone, they're gone. And also with the Make America Healthy Again campaign, REP seven Energy drink Mike Lindell's in. It's a healthy energy drink that gives you clean, clean energy, no caffeine, no sugar, powered by Go BHB. It's also vegan if you care about that. Lemonade, green apple, and blueberry citrus. We get you thirty percent off right now. So go use our code big vox at MyPillow dot com. Slash big vox to the people. We go, Hello, You're on the Rick Burgess Show. Unscreen phone calls, go right ahead.
Speaker 8: They had a neighbors flip here no singing today. Okay for that, Let's go got a serious question, thirty five year marriage on the line. Don't be afraid. Here's the deal. Is it the right way or Flip's way. When the coffee is gone in the morning, do you turn the coffee pot off or just let sit there and turn itself off, leaving the grounds for in the morning, rather than resetting the coffee pot. What's the right engine.
Speaker 5: I'm a coffee resetter.
Speaker 3: I like to turn it off, get the grounds out to them in the trash can, and have it setting ready to go for the next day.
Speaker 8: Rick, you are the You are correct sir. I just want you to know I'll see you in heaven.
Speaker 3: I don't like it sitting around you ever, go and don't finish the pot, and then later in the day it does shut itself if dump some in there and put the micro wife. I have done that, yees, so shut up, Thank you, Rick birders show here on unscreen phone calls, go ahead, I wonder how.
Speaker 8: In the world is Mike g Lindell getting those sheets out of Gaza?
Speaker 14: All right, he's uh yee.
Speaker 3: Ye money. We continue of the loss.
Speaker 5: Unscreen phone calls Rick Bird.
Speaker 19: I was trying to buy a shirt on your website and it's a two dollars fee for a two X or three X.
Speaker 6: And I'm a big boy.
Speaker 21: I like to eat when have y'all been doing that well.
Speaker 3: But because I mean just let's let's use it. Yeah, let's use our logic. More material might mean higher price. Now here's where I do have a problem with the T shirt. People talked about this for years. Bubba and I both talked about this because we've been doubling triple X. Guys, why do we not get less like it? Like, why is a small not less expensive than a large? Yes, I've never I've never understood that. It's a good point, but I know why the big ones cost more because Greg said it takes more material. Well, same thing, the same thing. Uh, look, let's face it, big people are expensive. We continue Rick Burgess show, unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 21: Go ahead, Hey, good morning, rad it's a shame from Palm Mount.
Speaker 15: How you doing, buddyut up?
Speaker 17: Shane?
Speaker 21: Hey just now this is songs come.
Speaker 15: Off a little bit out in the week. So I got a question for you guys, And it's just been But my wife, God bless her lover, she likes to spend the night away from home.
Speaker 21: We're fifty years old.
Speaker 15: Yeah what or twice a week sometimes she'll go spend the night with a family member or with a friend and I told her last we we got the honey.
Speaker 21: I don't know anybody else that does that besides you.
Speaker 6: Where you guys that will?
Speaker 19: Does your wife?
Speaker 15: Do you do your wives do something like that? And if they do, to the.
Speaker 3: Body, shame, shame, shame.
Speaker 6: Don't hang out.
Speaker 3: You got so many I almost need to put you on hold and maybe talk to you in the break.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah? And now where where do you have do you have life?
Speaker 6: Three sixty?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, she share her location?
Speaker 3: Right, remember they they put their phone anywhere? Keep yeah right right, No, Shane, I trust her.
Speaker 21: I trust her as far as I don't. It's not that I don't trust her as far as doing so.
Speaker 3: Nobody, nobody named Jody's ever mentioned. I'm just just you got to ask that question.
Speaker 10: So she's staying with family members, you say normally? And just what just she loves to meet and you do you snore?
Speaker 3: Maybe she needs a few nights she act gets to sleep. That's a good great, that's a good question.
Speaker 15: No, she has two sisters and uh, you know, and so she'll stay with you know, she'll go stay with one of them and then the one week and one the next. Or she's got a couple of friends that she'll go spend the night with them, and it's it's it's almost every week.
Speaker 3: Uh, Rick comes to my house? Does that a lot? No, Shane, I don't know that I've ever spent the night at your house. I don't think I have in my house now. So let's go back to this for a minute. Okay, let's take infidelity off the table, right, Okay, they were just being funny. Well, I'm just you know, you do have to worry about that for a minute. But you said you totally trust her.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 17: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know there's a lot of guys texting right now saying their wife doesn't do that, but boy, they wouldn't mind it. So yeah, yeah, how old are y'all? You're getting a lot of time to yourself there, Shane, I don't know that that's that that's overly bad.
Speaker 21: Yeah, but we're we're fifty three on fifty three, she's fifty one.
Speaker 3: Uh when she is home, does everything go well? Yes?
Speaker 15: Okay, yeah, well we've been married for thirty one years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go. So I think, but you asked the question is do we experience that? And the answer, unfortunately is well are fortunately, no, No, my wife doesn't do that. I don't any of your wives do that that often? That often? How about it's rare that my wife is not home. She doesn't spend the night with girlfriends or anything like that. I don't know that ever that I can think of. No, you know, she now she goes on to speaking engagement or something like that. You know when she may, you know, come back the next day. What is it when you ask her, hey, why do you do this? Or let's go what's going on? What does she say?
Speaker 21: Well, she listens, I'm a homebody, and she is not.
Speaker 3: Okay, so hours a week.
Speaker 15: Yeah, but you know, I just posed this question to her this week. Okay, this has been going on for years, and I said, honey, you know, I don't know of anybody else's wife that does this. And she said, well, you like to sit at home.
Speaker 3: And I don't. Okay. She she's basically saying, I enjoyed my time with you, but you're not you're you're not a seven day fund zone. I gotta go hang out with my sisters so we can cut up a little bit. She's just getting out, stretching her legs a little bit, like like if you were somebody who liked to go fishing or are hunting, and she wasn't into it.
Speaker 5: This is her version of that.
Speaker 21: Yeah, and she kind of kind of made that point. But I said, honey, you know, it's go go visit and do and go and do as much as you want, but come home.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 3: You know, There's there's been times like, SUREY might go to the farm when I have to work. If she's going to ride or do or get things done, she might say, Hey, I'm just gonna spend the night. I'm gonna come back tomorrow. That that happens every now and then, but not weekly. Right, Yeah, how far the sisters away? If you said this, I'm sorry, Do they live out of town or is are they in the same.
Speaker 15: I'm pretty close. One lives about twenty five minutes away and the other about ten minutes away.
Speaker 3: Okay. The question was is that something that we experience? And the answer to that is no, Should you be concerned about it? I think she's proven herself that that's not the issue. And I think maybe, you know, you just have to maybe find something positive about it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and that or getting RB yeah or you know, yeah, yeah, but or a sweet Van or something.
Speaker 3: Does it bother you enough that you would go? I would just would rather you not spend the night. I wish you'd just come back. Does it bother you that much? Yeah?
Speaker 15: Yeah, Well she tells me that it's a control that she will mind.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, if she's doing it every week, I don't think you're being unreasonable. If she was just doing it every now and then, you're probably being unreasonable. But every week, that's a little much. Yeah, we'll be back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Go behind the scenes of The Rick Burgess Show by watching Tales from the Camp House No on the Rick Burgess YouTube channel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all there, five episodes for you to enjoy. Hardy come later in the year. All right, So a lot of a lot of Shane And you know one thing I left out on the Shane conversation and I just want to kick myself. Yeah. I'm meant to ask is this new behavior or was I? Did I understand this has been the way it's been their whole thirty one years.
Speaker 5: That's important. Didn't he say that it wasn't new behavior?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 6: I meant to ask too, when did this start?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: Did he say this has been the way it's been the whole time. Or am I just remembering that wrong.
Speaker 6: Maybe they've kind of always had this attitude the whole time, but maybe the sleepovers were a little more are new. But I was just I'm just kind of trying to guess. But that is that is odd the whole we we all we all thought, hey, let's call it. We were all in the break room. We all said it was weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe maybe we should.
Speaker 6: Greg had a theory.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm staying out. Don't bring Greg's coffee pot theory out. Yeah, let's not do it.
Speaker 6: Come on now, sister's flying cover.
Speaker 3: Nadler thirty one years of marriage. They're not new. I think that the question Rick is how long? He said, it's been that way for years? The guy I thought, I did hear that the text nation is reassured. Okay, Okay. Then somebody said a few years, okay, a few years different than along a lot of years.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: Now I did see somebody saying that their wife, because of their job, they're they're gone multiple days a week. That's different. Yeah, I mean that that happened. The's a lot of marriages where the husband or the wife you know they're they're on the road, and that's normal. That's always been that way. Their marriages are and healthy, that that's fine. But this scene, this is a little bit this filtered a little well, it's just weird. And again he asked if this was normal behavior. That's what he called to ask he because he said told his wife he didn't think it was, and he we I think confirmed that it wasn't. If if your sister is just ten ten minutes away, why not come home after hanging out with her most of the evening? Unless and he didn't say this, maybe they're drinking wine and hanging out. She doesn't need to drive right now, you're throwing she drives ten minutes home like that, That's what I was saying. But unless I've agree, Although unless she was partaking and maybe just hanging out and get together and the lady they get out the wine and yeah, and then she doesn't need to drive. So she just stays, who knows, you don't need to You meant to ask what denomination they were. What he does he to do is get out of the house. I'll tell you that he's got he's got to we gotta get him. We gotta get Shane the hobby he's got. Because the minute he was saying that she was gone that much, I kept thinking of what I would be doing. Yeah, and how about I would say, look, I'm gonna go wa you to your sister's house, but we're gonna come on back tonight. Yeah, that's a good. When somebody said, are the sisters married too? Because if my wife buys her sister over all the time spend the night, I'd be like, it's like we have company. Yeah, what about those sister's husbands.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so my wife's sister was stayed at our house this best weekend.
Speaker 3: But that's not every week No, No, I was just complaining about.
Speaker 6: Let that kids have a blast with.
Speaker 3: You're already already cool.
Speaker 6: She's a cool land sisters ever come to their house? Does bring her dogs?
Speaker 3: She brings your own dogs. On top of the dogs, you say, dog, we got to do something about the DB's hey dog bringers.
Speaker 6: Hey.
Speaker 10: Greg brought up a good point, and like the sisters over, tell tell them to come you all come my way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let them come spend the night here one night, honey.
Speaker 6: I did he say?
Speaker 3: His Her response was when when asked about all this is that he was controlling.
Speaker 6: Okay, see he kind of opened the bag there or whatever.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, sure, they have talked about this. It does bother him. She has fired back and said, don't try to control me.
Speaker 5: So it is a problem, and says all you want to do is sit it around the house.
Speaker 14: So it is a problem in their marriage.
Speaker 5: They have discussed I want to parta wow, Shane.
Speaker 3: We love you, Shane. We do need to stop.
Speaker 6: Let me say, this marriage is the greatest and we want we wish them success. That's why we're talking about it. We can't just sweep things under that roll. We talk about it.
Speaker 3: We've been pulled in, Greg, But.
Speaker 6: At least I wants to talk to you. Greg, be available, be emotionally available to her.
Speaker 3: Nobody spending that of min That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Greg, Listen to this, Listen to what I said a minute ago.
Speaker 3: Greg and our brothers, I would never never, not because because unless works in and that's different. That's a unique situation, still weird bit different, but in normal situation. Greg's house is an hour and twenty minutes from my house. Never once, never, once, if I was up there all day for something, Yeah, have I ever thought too far drive back? You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I'm spending the night with Greg.
Speaker 3: When we go to visit our siblings, we still go home when it's over, even if we've been there all day.
Speaker 5: Right, same thing in my house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's getting late. You ain't got that drive. I'm just gonna stay here. The spend the night part is how about like spending another way? But I don't either. I got to next Wednesday. Yeah, Greg, you're he's gonna spend the night with Larry. Oh my god, to spend the night with carro.
Speaker 9: Rig.
Speaker 3: What if Speedy has such a good time he starts doing like that guy's wife and goes and spends the night with Larry and Carolyn about twice a week. What if Terry came to this, Speedy keeps going to Larry and Carolyn, just staying overnight. Terry did say, she said, do you want me to go with you? Why would you do that to her? And that's what. Now we got a whole new day. We got a whole new there now. Yeah, I know, Yeah, guests bedroom delight, We're gonna hold her Tiger, gonna have some guest room to light on the text line, I'm surprised. But he doesn't spend the night at hobies. How about this.
Speaker 6: I never unless we're traveling as a you know, for something.
Speaker 3: I never spent the night away from Nobody wants to spend the night because we're adults.
Speaker 6: We go to our home and sleep at our homes.
Speaker 5: Nobody wants to.
Speaker 3: During hunting season, we'll go and spend the night for a hunt.
Speaker 1: But that's it.
Speaker 5: Well, when I'm not I like to have my snuggle with me.
Speaker 3: I don't do well.
Speaker 6: I turned Okay, Well, you know enough. Speculating on their marriage, Yeah, we were asked publicly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Shane, I saw you be coughing cup holding holding court.
Speaker 6: Maybe they can set some expectations, set some ground rules and talk about it and say, you know what, maybe once a let's limit to once a month. Let's just limit it to once a month. I would feel better about that. Once a week is a lot said more.
Speaker 3: Than once a week. More than once a week, okay, sometimes twice spent a couple like two to three times a week.
Speaker 6: I think I put that in there.
Speaker 3: That's not he said six times one time. If you know, if your husband said more than once a week, I'm going over to the guys and we're gonna play poker, and I was gonna stay over there. And they kept doing it every week, a couple of times a week. Hey, we can't even go to the hunting camp for more than just one.
Speaker 14: Not once a year.
Speaker 3: I get away with it at one time, maybe twice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So you know, I hope I wish them the best. Greg hopes their marriage breaks.
Speaker 3: Greatuated to save it. You're the ones making Frankly, yeah, you're right. I gave him, you know, you know, maybe snort something like that. You don't get a lot of sleep.
Speaker 6: And Shane, you need to make sure you're emotionally available to you. I don't know, he's got on the phone too much.
Speaker 3: What are you? What are you doing?
Speaker 6: Greg?
Speaker 3: Look married for thirty one years.
Speaker 10: I'm sure he's not naive because he's been married for thirty one years, right, So maybe there's more. Maybe he's he's not a good explain Maybe he didn't explain it well.
Speaker 3: Dude, based on based on the phrase need to move on? How about this? This is the last I'll speak of it until I think of something else. The the he used the term controlling, and he used the term I'm a homebody and she basically she basically says, I'm boring. He says he works a lot.
Speaker 5: Maybe Shane needs to be a little more fun.
Speaker 3: Yep, Sane, you need yeah, chest fun, engaged, engauge. You know she has fun over there. They play games.
Speaker 5: When's the last time you took her out for when's the last time you took her out for a date?
Speaker 15: Got to go on.
Speaker 3: You have to keep here we go.
Speaker 6: You got to keep the road.
Speaker 3: You've been married like five years.
Speaker 6: You got to keep the romance alive. Greg at five five, it's been for long five years. If it's only been five years, Ruby's Ruby's five over five, You're like.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're making it weird now. But you know what I just I didn't expect to be pulled in this.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think he says, Hey, walt the sister. Once you have her, come over here and spend the night tonight, or go over there and y'all come back.
Speaker 3: Raise your hand. If you thought when Shane first started it was gonna be something much more lighthearted, I did. I wish my hand called you.
Speaker 6: The only ones didn't raise your hand and said you did? You don't listen?
Speaker 3: Did you think he was gonna go into that. No, okay, I did.
Speaker 6: But you need to keep you know, keep the keep the romance alive, Keep the romance alive.
Speaker 3: Romantic, Yeah, a.
Speaker 6: Gift or something, maybe an outfit.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I don't buy our outfit because I don't like what you picked up. That's right, boy, If you do, now you got to stand there and when that person asks you who's helping you?
Speaker 5: What size you wear?
Speaker 3: You're in a bye you are.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. America sleeps well every night just knowing these four men are on the air week Burgish show.
Speaker 3: Here we are hanging out together. Thank you for being with us today, America. We've covered a lot. You miss any of that. Be sure you're following our daily podcast. Catch any part of the show that you may have missed, and be sure and follow that. That way you get alerts whenever the archive is ready to go, get any part of the show that you may have missed.
Speaker 5: And for a lot of you, it's the way you listen to it every day.
Speaker 3: Stephen A. Smith, it's kind of interesting watching him participate with Fox News. Now. Yes we're strange, but he is taking on. Of course, he still says he is a Democrat, but he's taking on what we think is pretty common sense too. And by the way, we did talk earlier in the program about the current situation with Iron in Israel and US likely providing the bunker busting bombs that they need and we'll have to carry those ourselves, and some of the disagreement and some of the views of that we hit that earlier in the program. If you miss that, this is a little bit different. This is Stephen A. Smith taking on the narrative that Trump is ruling like a king. Remember, just because the left screams something, mate signs and t shirts, then it's real. Whether it makes any sense or not, they seem to. They continue to show the world that they use phrases that they don't really seem to under stand the true definition of them. If he is a king, as we would say, he's not a very good one. He's even said if I was a king, trust me, there'd be a lot more getting done.
Speaker 5: That's getting done. Stephen A.
Speaker 3: Smith will now dump water on this narrative that Trump is ruling like a king. Here he is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, people talk about no kings, no kings.
Speaker 3: He's not a dictator. This is not an authoritarian regime. But that's why he's trying to make it like well, really.
Speaker 22: That's why the state's suing him. That's why he's losing some of these cases in court.
Speaker 6: Last time I check.
Speaker 22: You're in a position of power, you try to get your way, somebody sues you. They fend you off by going through our court system. The court system makes it ruling, and as a result, it shows that our system works.
Speaker 14: What is Trump doing differently than what he campaign doing.
Speaker 3: You may not like it, that's why you win the election.
Speaker 22: So he's not in a position to do it as opposed to focusing on stuff that they gonna win an election.
Speaker 3: M He's saying, if he is a king, then there wouldn't mean a way to stop him from doing anything, and Trump was sorry said that to himself. If I was a king, trust me, There'll be a lot more things that I would do, and I wouldn't have the wrestling match that I have. He's no different than any other administration that's ever gone into power. He tries to get through what he thinks will be best for America, and then the system either allows it to go through or the system stops it. King kings don't have to do that. If I could just break that to everybody, Let's look at five to this is that weird thing that it keeps happening, you know, the protest against ICE rounding up illegal aliens and Tatan sending them back to where they came from. The thing that continues to be strange about this is the whole thing that we thought we were told. And there are some people that this is true about no doubt. Of course, we have a legal immigration system that we can certainly work on making that smoother, but it's there. I talked with someone last night who became an American citizen. He talked told me about the system, and he said, you know someone who came to this country and worked to get my legal citizenship.
Speaker 5: I have no stomach for these people, he said, I don't.
Speaker 3: Why are that? Why are they more special than me? You even saw we have some of the cuts on that the view trying to get arnold, Yeah, to say something bad about Ice, and all he did was talk about how good America has been to him.
Speaker 6: That's fantastic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is they that backfired on him. So we have that too. But here's a woman who's who's been arrested because she tore down the United States flag and raised a Mexican flag, saying, this is my land.
Speaker 6: You're not gonna tell me what to do with mex Look at that flag because that flag isn't on.
Speaker 1: The Flsy is it.
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: People kill you?
Speaker 6: I'm going and you're hurting me. You're gonna regret it when you go, when your kids died, when your kids day.
Speaker 3: You're squeezing my hand, and I already know.
Speaker 5: That doesn't make us feel bad.
Speaker 3: Is it wasn't that at a at a at a park or or something like that.
Speaker 10: I think it's Heart Park, I believe, which is I'm not sure where, but I believe it was like a state park or something.
Speaker 6: It was the entrance and she decided to change it up.
Speaker 3: So I want to know. I thought you, yeah, I thought you were coming here to be part of America. So you're coming here to reclaim it for Mexico. Right, And of course it's not helping us when you say you're you're squeezing my arm. My people are going to kill your children. That's not good.
Speaker 5: That's not a happy yea. So let's go to Arnold.
Speaker 3: He was on the view. I think to be probably the best part of the speech, you think, because the other one it's a little lengthy. But so so Arnold is on the view and he's asked what does he think about ice arresting illegals and sending them back. They want him to be negative about ice, but he doesn't go there at all. He talks about, you know, how wonderful America's been to him, and what other country could he have come here as an immigrant and have the career that he had, and that he does not care for people trying to do what he did legally illegally.
Speaker 5: So here he is on the view. He never did take debate.
Speaker 9: Because I'm an immigrant, and the people will be there will be seven thousand some people there and we will be there. There will be people that will be sworn in and will become.
Speaker 1: Citizens that day. So it's really a great, great celebration.
Speaker 9: This is what this is all about, is to celebrate people becoming Americans and coming to America and order. And so I just think the world of the great kind of history that you have with immigrants in America. But the key thing also is at the same time that you got to do things legal. That is the important thing, you know, so you got to do things legal. And those people that are doing illegal things in America and they're there foreigners, they are not smart. Because when you come to America, your guest, and you have to behave like a guest, Like when I go to someone's house and I'm a guest, then that will do everything I can, keep things clean and to make my path and to do everything that is the right thing to do, rather than committing a crime or being abusive or something like that. So that doesn't really work in this country. So I think the important thing is when you become an immigrant to think about, Okay, I go to America because I want to use America for the great opportunities that America has in education, in jobs, creating a family, all of those kind of things. Then you have to think about, Okay, if I get all of those things from America, then I have to.
Speaker 3: Give something back.
Speaker 9: Onsibility as an immigrant to give back to America and to pay back to America and to go and do something for your community for no money whatsoever.
Speaker 3: Give something back to after.
Speaker 9: School program, especially Olympics or whatever it is.
Speaker 3: May just probably as they trying to tap him on the arms, try to and he's done it enough.
Speaker 5: He knew I've got the monologue. I'm not let him going.
Speaker 3: He does say, though, if I just show up, he said, you john't. I tell you, boy, that accident has really worked out great here, which is fine, but most people that's bothered you. The whole time he's been here. His accent hasn't gotten any better.
Speaker 6: That's not what the clip was about.
Speaker 10: It was not I am so glad that camera shot was just on him because I was so uncomfortable. They're seeing the whole panel just trying to They couldn't believe where it was going to cut him, tried.
Speaker 6: To cut him off, and Arnold said, no, I'm proud to be a blank.
Speaker 3: At least I know I have.
Speaker 6: He was probably signed up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he just and he said when they told you, he said what they did not want him to say. Look, if you're here illegally, that's that's my problem. Yeah, you can't come here commit crimes. You got to show some appreciation and that that is not what they wanted. They thought he was going to go off on this ice stuff. He never ever went down that road, and they hated it.
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, they have the guts something by so what was that supposed to be armed?
Speaker 3: Was a little bit of Katherine hepperc far as God immigrant get by.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 6: Rockcasting from the real.
Speaker 3: Right here we go, America. Is you ready for another hour? Let's go? Are you ready?
Speaker 7: Are you? It's time for the Burgess Show down back saying we're ready to go.
Speaker 3: Speedy, Greg Andler all here, we'll roll through another hour together. I might even chat with you again. The number eight eight eight, the number six Big Box. You can text the same number there on the Text Nation, which we always enjoy. Wednesday Bible steady back today noon Central, one o'clock Eastern on the Rick Burgess Show YouTube channel, or you can get the archive a little bit later there or on our podcast channel. Got some some more hay burges to start the hours, asking questions.
Speaker 6: Big Box in the house. We're turning it loud. The Burgess Show was rocking the questions keep come in answer slow email stack time, but we're on the good the no time to still everybody, Hey burys, what's the words today? Shoe?
Speaker 3: Here's from Mark uh Hey bird, hey birde listen into the archives and I'm usually a few days behind here lately I've been hearing ads for Jim Adler, attorney at law, nicknamed the Texas Hammer Alabama Hammer. Now we got the Texas he My question is is this guy related to Eddie van Adler? Is he giving ads to family for free since he puts together the Daily Archives. I listened to Spotify. I love the new show. Definitely like a little now that I've got more Greg than ever. I'm a Greg Minyon. I am in Gadston, Alabama, the Gadston Alabama Greg's Minion chapter.
Speaker 5: So that's the Gaston champion. Yeah, this isn't your bunches it Adler.
Speaker 6: No, I don't. I don't think so. I don't know this.
Speaker 14: This particular Adler what the Texas Hammers doesn't.
Speaker 6: Look like me that shortfellow does. Yeah, that doesn't know what what is? Boys got a wide face, right.
Speaker 3: I'm still going right down in the middle with the Okay.
Speaker 6: That's not what this is about.
Speaker 3: Hey bird, Hey bird, Oh speedy, this the one, oh boys, Eric says somebody he didn't print this when you'll watch watch out. I brought him you talking about awkward, and I wonder if you've been through this yet. I felt awkward the other night at a local restaurant when I asked for the check, and they're starting to do this. I've noticed this place. Is that that that cherry and I will eat or I will eat. The waiter brought over the handheld swipe. This is becoming more and more popular. Here's the awkwardness. I don't mind the convenience of it, but you have to leave a tip at the same time. Yeah, the waiter can see it. Mmm, and he said I left a good tip. I thought that was a decent tip. He did get me a free cheese dip coupon. That's nice, he goes. But I felt pressured to do it if I if I had left a bad one. I wonder if this bothers speed he has the experience this. I have experienced it.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 10: Some of the waiters just leave it with you and then they go to service o the tables and then they come back and get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 21: Uh.
Speaker 10: And then some have stood there kind of helping, like clean the table, acting busy, but I could tell they're looking. It comes with the downside, and that's one of them. The upside is somebody didn't walk off with your car, So I do like that. But yeah, that that I felt that before.
Speaker 6: I will say that I have a method that I use.
Speaker 3: Marital advice.
Speaker 6: I asked for the check. I asked for the check, and then I actually have my card ready to go, holding it, holding it because then because then they bring you the receipt and then they have to bring it back and it's an extra trip have to run it bring it back. And so when they bring the check, I just go, here you go. I'll send you with a card.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I get a text message anytime my card is ran, so I'm really not worried about fraud. And it's credit card that way, it's not a debit card. It's not my money. That's actually.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know, I know there is that. But as I waited tables and save anytime you can save me a trip, I appreciate that. And I also I tip well too, just because you know it's the right thing to do.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I look when they're at the table, I did the same thing. I'm like, let's knock this out. I don't have come back. And it doesn't bother you that they're watching your tip, no, because I and here we go. Y'all have you fun When it comes to tipping, I don't mind that. I mean, I normally we tip well, I mean we do.
Speaker 3: Don't look at me like that. We discussed we'll take this cheap thing too far. We discussed what type of service deserves a tip. We got a men, some of them are stretched. Do you go to this koskin and ask for a tip and it's not even a person?
Speaker 5: The new thing now is it's just percentages. Now, this is the new thing. Yeah, I appreciate that, but would they just throw up there fifteen?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 3: Then there's the next one? I think is what twenty? And then it goes up there. I've seen some that are thirty seen something that you gave us, right? I did ask her they had a ten percent, but they didn't. I mean, I'm joking. I take am I to believe that you will go to the third option. Yes, I'm either second or third. I'm never the first. Never know, because I mean there was there was.
Speaker 10: One time in Huntsville that we went after a game and the lady just acted mad that we were even there.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't think she was. I guess she was just having a bad day. I don't know what it was. She seemed to discuss her disgusted that she was even serving us, but we still left a tip, but she didn't get the highest mark, you know, punishment there.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, good night.
Speaker 3: I mean, but I know, I don't know what some people are going through. And you know it is weird, like Lisa loves like seven brew and Starbucks and they when you run your car now, they hold that thing out and it says, you know, gives you options on what tips you want to get after you just paid seven dollars for a cup of coffee. But it does bother you that they really they're not the barista. They're just to cash your word. That's true. Going on, Poe, we all split. It didn't really come to the table.
Speaker 6: As far as that wrung. Yeah, as far as that percent screen, it needs to start at fifteen percent. It doesn't need to start at twenty percent. I need to be able to shoot, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this like here's a lot of them have.
Speaker 6: This is a bad example because it goes twenty thirty, fifth, fifty, one hundred plus.
Speaker 5: You could eighteen before fifteen.
Speaker 6: Custom but I think that fifteen should be an option on the main screen.
Speaker 5: Don't start We're always told and.
Speaker 6: I'll tip twenty, but let me see that fifteen so I can feel good about not going to fifteen and I'm going to twenty.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Now with this new thing that they come to your table, you know, I've actually I've had said some of them. They'll flip that thing around to me and then lay down a pit sure of their kid, And I'm like, all right, he's hungry.
Speaker 10: Give me a ruling on this. So last week when I met j C. And he forgot his wallet the truck before he started going to lunch with Hobie, go ahead, yeah uh And and we we you know, had lunch and I bought lunch and I tipped. You know, we we got it at the count. I still tip because they were, you know, the people cooking in the back and everybody's running around.
Speaker 3: So I tip.
Speaker 10: And then I texted Terry and I said, hey, do you do you want anything? I don't want to come home empty handed and me not bring anything. She said, actually I would, I'd love you know. So I went back up and I said, hey, we want we need this to go. And then it's like, well, I've already tipped, but I'm just getting to go.
Speaker 3: Do I hip again, No me, You're in a different group of people. Now, well, I mean, I'm just you know. I mean it's like, are you in the to go bunch or the same same servers? To go and there's no servers there. It was just a cashier and they take all those new people.
Speaker 6: No same people.
Speaker 10: I've already tipped them, okay for the two meals, but I go back and get another meal to go.
Speaker 3: Of course, now that.
Speaker 6: Period I have to tip again. I just tip ten minutes you bought.
Speaker 3: More food, which means a percentagehould go up.
Speaker 6: The tipping on the the tipping on the to go is always a struggle. But I just yeah, I just envisioned like the kitchen staff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I do it for.
Speaker 6: And I think about them.
Speaker 3: None of them were working for free, no right, but they share restaurant should be paying them. I'm just saying the restaurant should be paying them. Yes, Okay, that was a tough dilemma I was in. Though I do, I do tip and when I go pick it up, but I really don't want to.
Speaker 14: I won't do my normal twenty twenty five percent.
Speaker 3: I just drove. I like it when they have a tip. Jar out there and I can just wad up a couple of bucks. They don't. They can't tell how much I was dropping it. How many of you? When was the last time you ate out somewhere and say the whatever it was and the change was was plenty that you threw down cash and walked out and just they just kept the change. I said, you said, I hadn't done that much movies a lot. I hadn't done that in a long time. I never I never paid for anything with cash anymore.
Speaker 6: No great talking about having bills? What is he? Where are you from the eighties?
Speaker 3: Goodness?
Speaker 6: Now you got folding money? Hey, you got folding money? What are you crazy? Sometimes I do like saying keep the change? Something about me?
Speaker 3: What about when they want you to round it up to the next dollar to have charity? It's all the corn.
Speaker 6: What charity is? Plus they're they're taking a cut. I want to give directly to that organization. Then that grocery store. But we know you're taking a cut grocery store.
Speaker 3: We all ever ask somebody what the cash price is versus the card price for what they are my buying.
Speaker 5: There's meals, meals that I've never heard of.
Speaker 6: Cash it's not as much.
Speaker 3: I've never heard of that on food.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess show Men Don't Run in the Rain. The new book back with Brick available now wherever you get books.
Speaker 3: Really enjoying all your feedback on the book. By the way, thanks really really really really funny. I actually read some of those to mom yesterday and really made her day, So thank you for that. All right, let's look at earbuds here are you still out there as part of this audience and part of this family, and you steal don't have the everyday earbuds from buy raycon dot com slash big Vox. What what are you waiting on them? I mean, how many more times have we got to talk about this? This is such a great idea because first of all, this is how Speedy embraced this product immediately. They're already about half the price of the other brands in the same category Premium audio got me okay, Then we're getting you an additional fifteen percent off at buy raycon dot com slash Big Vox.
Speaker 5: Okay there, woe, Rick are what all do they have?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: Multipoint connectivity.
Speaker 3: Really hard to find this price point with that thirty two hours of battery life, so you're pairing two devices at once. They got the quick charge function yield you ninety minutes of battery with just ten minutes of charging. They also have the active noise cancelation, So when you're talking about half the price of the other premium audio brands, all these bells and whistles, all these cool colors, the customized gail tips, they'll fit perfectly in your ear, and then you get another fifteen percent off.
Speaker 5: Then you've got to you know, if you're not vibing.
Speaker 3: With it after thirty days, that's what we say here in the Hit world, then of course they give your money back. So why don't you go right now to buy raycon dot com, Slash Big Vox, or just go to rickburgesshow dot com. You'll find them there under the sponsor's button and join the rest of us that are already enjoying these incredible everyday earbuds. Now, we do know that, you know, one of the things that we embraced and coming into this new year is that we would try our best to always come to you from the real world. Look all the technology we have. Now we covered some of this early in the program. People are going off into these worlds that they're not real, and you do you remember the first time we started, and I don't want to open this door again. It's always just the best example. When we couldn't believe in the latter years of the Rick and Bubba Show that the flat Earth people were back, we couldn't believe it. But then it was explained to us how that would happen on the documentary Social Dilemma, that these people had been sucked into a fake world. We're inside that algorithm. Everybody believed the Earth was flat, and all the points you make about of flat Earth is the only thing you ever hear. You never heard the round Earth people at all. That were completely taken out of your life. So before you know it, you think, well, why doesn't everybody believe this? So you got you got to learn to think for yourself. You got to learn to do your own research. Well, I'm looking at video twelve today and that or Speedy whoever found this video. People on the internet are claiming that pandas aren't real.
Speaker 6: Make some good points. They make some good This guy fake animals. This guy makes some good points.
Speaker 3: Okay, here we go, So y'all, before we start.
Speaker 6: This because you know, documentaries can change your can change your mind pretty quick. Right now, what do y'all say are pandas I'm going to.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go there real. They're real, buddy. A lot of evidence, a lot of evidence since I saw some of them in person in Atlanta. Yeah, well they're.
Speaker 6: Gonna This video is going to address that.
Speaker 14: You might not be thinking this after this documentary that.
Speaker 3: Is a big fat life. Do not exist.
Speaker 13: They don't exist in people's homes, they don't exist in the wild, but they do exist in the zoo. The first panda to be discovered was in the nineteen t and the first panda to be brought over to the US was in the nineteen thirties by this woman. And you know how I feel about Well, so you're telling me, in over four thousand years of Chinese history, they've never seen panda until the nineteen twenties.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 13: Even in a Chinese zodiac they have a dragon. Dragons are real, but panda's. They've been lying to you about animals. These are This is called a fake animal. They have fake animals in zoos just to gain popularity, gain gain money.
Speaker 6: Gain gott to follow the money.
Speaker 3: First of all, they kept editing and you couldn't he couldn't finish his sinate.
Speaker 6: That's fine, that's not about what it's not what the videos about you're talking about.
Speaker 3: He didn't say one thing that made me think they may not be Panda. I didn't hear one thing. What about the zodiac? What about the four thousand years of Chinese? Yeah, they kept cutting off when he's talking about, well, whoever edited it? And to see someone of Asian descent have so little technical skill is surprising.
Speaker 14: He's a he's an investigator, not an editor.
Speaker 3: The Asians know how to use technology, Adler. We all know that they were way ahead of the rest of it with the camera. I still feel good that penders are real. I'm going with that, all right, So why had that so if he's saying they're just in a zoo, what are they were in a costume? Fake animals? What about the fact that he's he just saying all the people who have filmed them live, they they put them out there and made them look like they were in the wild. They pretended they were in the wild.
Speaker 6: Let's see he might have what they actually are here on all right, here.
Speaker 13: Look at this picture that's a stuffed animal, but they make you think it's real.
Speaker 6: Okays, it did look like stuff that make some good points?
Speaker 3: Are there stuffed animals? To some better points than that. I watched him roll around and none of none of those were stuffed animals. If you if you want to say, could have been a small man, if you want to say they were in costume, it was a great costume. But you can't say that.
Speaker 5: You can't say they're stuffed animals.
Speaker 6: Do you think it's costumes?
Speaker 3: Then I do not.
Speaker 6: Patterson film Little Man, So you know it's raises some good questions.
Speaker 5: No, No, that's that's how horrible.
Speaker 6: Okay, well, I'm reading here that you might have had some dates wrong.
Speaker 5: I believe there's flat before.
Speaker 3: I believe that. Oh oh wow, I would thank you. I would believe that. I believe I was just about to a phone segment. Yeah now what I'm just saying, yeah, don't bring those people back. I'm sorry. By the way, that's a new commitment. And I don't talk flat Earth in twenty twenty five, as you don't know you've made done. Well, you said you can't speak done reasonable people. I can't. I can't have these discussions. I just yeah, I don't have enough life left, you know, I mean I look at it. I'm like, I'm probably talking.
Speaker 14: I mean, plus we have to move make room for the panda debate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but that's riviting. Yeah, I just wanted to hear king Ling and what he was saying. That's probably before I went on the internet. Probably one of the least researched horrific presentation of a point I think i've ever heard. Yeah, edited, Well, right, if you're going to that wasn't very good. You can't even have a panda. But yeah, I'm pretty secure in that pandas are real. A lot of footage of a lot of research on them. They're meaner than you think. They look so lovely, they're not. They're not as docile as they appear. Let me tell you else. You get you keeping eye on that koala bear, he'll charge. He's a cute little kwa. You ever seen the videos of one of them charging people? Yes, everybody thinks they're teddy bear.
Speaker 5: Be careful they buy it.
Speaker 14: If you don't constantly feed a koala, it will just go crazy on you.
Speaker 3: That's probably any animal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we literally as text nation.
Speaker 3: I think brilliantly points out, we literally have videos of Mama Pandas birthing baby Pandas. Okay, now I saw the video of them playing in the yea. They love to play in the snow. There's they look. Let me tell you, there's a lot of impressive stuffed animals. But watching one berth out of a little one, I've not seen that. I'd like a p They're really little one. They're born, they really are. They look so weird. I forgot I've seen baby Pandas.
Speaker 6: I forgot. I saw a fan that's.
Speaker 3: Sitting on the couch watching. I like to have a yeah in the backyard.
Speaker 6: All right, well, don't cool wall.
Speaker 14: Let's have like the certain things you don't want to get.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know. They haven't autom not all right, and there's no need for that. We'll be back bottom of the hour.
Speaker 6: It's pand is reel or fake? What do y'all?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go real. Discovered in eighteen sixty nine.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burchers Show. People, and let the whole world know that you listen to the Rick Burgers Show. Cool merchandise is available now. Just go to Rickburgersshow dot com and click shock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get on the show Colors where I said, that's right. I listened to the show. I sure do. I don't apologize for it. I listen, I'm in, I watch whatever. Uh get the uniform? All right? So I've never heard of this band before. I mean, I was wondering about that. You haven't. No, it's an alternative band. But they're saying one of these phrases. It is just so weird.
Speaker 5: I don't know who these people are.
Speaker 3: Rock band frontman declares Trump voters not allowed at his shows.
Speaker 5: Of course these are the people with the money.
Speaker 3: But still, uh he this is a band I've never heard of, and I don't even know why it's bringing people of the Christian faith in this? He dogged them.
Speaker 5: Is this is this a Christian band?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 3: Read jump dread jumpsuit apparatus. I think I vaguely heard of them?
Speaker 20: You have not?
Speaker 3: Would tell you?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah, Yeah, they're around, they've been They've been on like several bills of shows that I've been to, but I don't think i've ever seen them. Lie, Well, why do you want any more?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Explain, Yeah, because you're a trumper, no doubt. Explain to me this this statement, okay. He specifically attacked Christian Trump supporters, stating, if you're a Christian and you voted for Donald Trump, shame on you. You are not allowed to come to my shows. I don't want you there. Don't come to my shows. I believe I'm gonna be okay the rest of my life. If I miss read what red jumpsuit apparatus Ronnie Winter, I think I've gone fifty eight years without ever seeing them, and I'm okay. I think we're gonna make it. I believe I'm gonna be at Ronning. And then he said it's not going to bother. He wants you to know too, Greg, You're not allowed to come, not just the four years he's president, you can't come forever. Okay, good ever? Yeah, who is this idiot? What is he talking about?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, all right.
Speaker 6: I do know their biggest song, face Down. It's about a guy. It's about a guy that beats up a girl, and the chorus is do.
Speaker 14: You feel like come man when you beat her down? It's kind of like a pop punk pop punk kind of sound.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: That video has one hundred and seventy two million views on YouTube for that song has one hundred and seventy two million views on YouTube. It came out in two thousand and nine. Uh so it looks like their biggest hits are over a decade.
Speaker 3: Behinre Hey, I'm gonna miss performance. Okay, Red, So what you say right now? This is another one of my favorite statements. Here, do not come to my shows because you're going to hear a lot of propaganda and you're going to hear like actual words of Jesus. I bet you, I bet it. Okay. So he's saying you're a fake Christian if you voted to try. But why won't you hear? But why does he care if he's the lead singer of Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. Yeah, I'd like for him to walk all this Outanda, Well, listen to this. This will tell you something. In this statement you're gonna see if you come to my shows. Man, you're going to see a lot of acceptance from all areas of life and racism. You're gonna see a lot of harmony. Okay, man, if that's not what you're about, Okay, don't come. Refunds available forever, don't come. Goodbye. Hey, buddy, this thing think I had him that's pretty you know.
Speaker 10: I saw that a lot on a lot of the reels from these this no King right stuff, and when people are actually walking up and saying, I walk this out for me, you know, blah blah blah, And whenever you asked them more than one question, they would get mad. They would go to you're a racist, you're a n say you're a fascist, and then walk off. I was that that's their technique. It's like that you said, let's have a discussion. I would love to sit down to guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd love to talk to Jumpsuit and just say, okay, let's were and I would love to say, let let's talk about Jesus for a minute. Tell me, tell me what you think Jesus said. I'd love to hear this and and let him finish, and then I'll say, all right, so we we're going to talk about everything Jesus said? Or did you just pick and choose a few things, and you've probably I can already hear it, you've probably taken them out of context. I said, I would say, so let's just break it down. I would have everything underlying in scripture. I said, I'm going to go through here and I'm going to show you everything that Jesus called sin, and some of it you're not going to like, okay. And then I'm going to show you where he said to repent of any of this and all of this or die forever. He has offered redemption for all who will repent. You're not going to like that word, and confess him as Lord. And then he says, if we truly love and will obey his commands on all things, not just preferred things.
Speaker 5: So i want to ask you a question on that.
Speaker 3: So if I wasn't supposed to vote for Trump, okay, And I've never said that Trump is anything other than a presidential candidate. I've said this many times. I don't see a lot of fruit that he would be part of the church, but he's not an enemy of the church. Now over here, on the other choice, you want me to come to your show and vote for abortion on demand. You want me to vote for a redefinition of God's standard of marriage. I'm very confused. So that's more Christian. I'm very confused by this whole thing. Maybe maybe what you're saying is lunacy. Would you like to consider that maybe you're the one that shouldn't be talking about Jesus. You know, I'd love to have that comment, and I'm never going to get to have that conversation. I'm not read because this notion, this whole thing that Jesus, Hey.
Speaker 6: Jesus man. He went, he lived among sinners, he sure.
Speaker 3: Did, and called every one of them to repentance. And when he left a group of sinners, they were changed.
Speaker 7: He was not.
Speaker 3: And he went to offer redemption. He went, and why would he offer redemption? Because we need it. He didn't come in there and say I'm here, I'm going to go to the cross state, live the way you always have. No, Biggie, I'm not here to change anything, man, I'm just here to love everybody. Now, I tell you how he loved us by saying, I'm going to offer you the opportunity be made right with a holy God, because you're all a bunch of sinners and every one of you is going to hell if you don't seek redemption through me. And he was very exclusive too. He did not offer a lot of ways to heaven. Narrow gate, that's Jesus's words, wide and easy. All these people are going into destruction. There was a lot of talk about obedience, a lot of talk about transformation, a lot of talk about turning from sin. Somehow, I don't think Jumpsuit's gonna talk about that, because because Jumpsuits got Jesus as a hippie, and he's just accepting of everybody, and just everybody stays the way they are. Jesus meets you right where you are, Rick, Yes, he does, we did, and leave you there. He calls you away from there to follow him. I'm just gonna bet Jumpsuit doesn't do all that I.
Speaker 4: Got.
Speaker 6: Oh man, I found the video where he makes that statement on his Instagram.
Speaker 3: I know exactly what he sounds like.
Speaker 6: And guys, I think I was probably close to he is not age well, that two thousand and nine video that I just watched, I kind of was envisioning him still looking at He's skinny, old guy, skinny old guy. Guys, that's him, that's him, that's him. Now he looks like he's on drugs, and that's coming from me.
Speaker 3: He looks like that scary guy from what was he Spiegel?
Speaker 5: What's his name from? From Lord of the Ring?
Speaker 3: Yes, don't kill yet. I'm sorry, my gosh, it's Larry the patch did.
Speaker 6: You say that we want people to be accepting. We want people to be accepting, so you can't come to our show. We're open and accepting, so you can't come. Do you hear the contradiction within the same sentence.
Speaker 3: They never hear that note. If you're accepting that that means Trump voters get to come to You're not accepting, You're you're you're actually exclusive. Yeah, you're saying that if people don't vote the way you didn't want them to vote, they can't come. That's not very accepting. It's not so we're open to all points of views. That's one of the points of view. You're just you're not even what you claim to be. You amrod.
Speaker 6: That's also half the country.
Speaker 3: Malnutrition looking skeletor. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 6: They they chose their name by throwing random words on a wall and voting for it. Okay, I just read that too, where their name comes from?
Speaker 9: Right? Jump?
Speaker 3: Shouldn't we talk about, you know, your obvious hero and heroin problem? First? Mm hmm, So I just I just get so sick and tired of Look, Jesus does not need a pr agent jumpsuit. Right, Okay, it's pretty it's pretty controversial. We'll be back fifteen minutes to the top. Unscreened phone calls going next, and we'll chat with you America. We'll find out what's on your mind right after this.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Get on the show, no by calling one eight eight eighty six big box.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, here we go. Unscreen phone calls. Hearing from you. I'm sorry the last time we did this, and that's what unscreen phone calls does.
Speaker 5: It's like us mining for content.
Speaker 3: And Shane gave us such such an in provocative conversation last hour. You know we didn't get many of you in. So here's another opportunity on the unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 6: Bring them in here.
Speaker 3: Let's get started. Welcome to the Rick Burgess Show. Unscreen phone calls, go right ahead. Honda's are real, Daddy Adler, you red jumpsuit Yankee.
Speaker 5: Good to hear from mister Chin today. That's Chin doing in there.
Speaker 6: He's alive. Is sad, y'all are sad, but he's alive. Still great.
Speaker 10: Wants you to be honest with me. You know, when something in the room for a really long time, you start to look over it a little bit. Are there days you forget about him and leave and don't feed him?
Speaker 3: Are you done with chin? I feed him every every almost almost every day. A rambler, when's the last time you cleaned the bow?
Speaker 6: Last week? Only it's only what Tuesday? What is it Monday?
Speaker 3: What is it Monday? Is it starting?
Speaker 5: Are you starting to wane on the whole chin thing?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, I'll feed him right now, y'all can see me.
Speaker 3: That's the way of it for him to remember.
Speaker 5: We continue Rick Burder's show. Unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 19: Go ahead, Hey, Speedy, this is Jodie for him by mountain.
Speaker 3: I think that was you. I didn't know when, but I knew it was like how hungry that fish jumped down the water, jumped out of the water. Look with them great ones. I've never seen the little fish like that. No, I'm down. I don't eat all in one big air. He's getting big air. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Unscreen phone calls Rick Burger show, go ahead, just.
Speaker 6: Be him Chinese food. So he gets hungry right after.
Speaker 3: Oh that's good, that's funny.
Speaker 20: Good.
Speaker 21: Hey, this is Sam calling from Pike County, and I just wanted to make a comment the fake pandas the fake flat Earth pandas. I just want to remind you that the furry.
Speaker 12: Groups still remember I still still exist.
Speaker 23: Yeah, and they got they got the little they got the outfits, they like, the cuddle they got.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 16: So the fake pandas out there. I just wanted to throw that out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very much. You better watch about the bunch of deviants. It's like, you know, I'm hiding in plain sight doing something weird.
Speaker 8: What's how wrong?
Speaker 3: You were one but we didn't know it and it came out. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Greg would be a donkey if he was a furry.
Speaker 3: It's like they started out.
Speaker 5: Oh look it's this little character's house.
Speaker 3: Sweet, Oh no, look at him?
Speaker 6: Why is there a zipper there?
Speaker 3: Yes, sir Rick Burgers show unscreen phone calls. Go ahead, Hey it is a baker up in Kentucky.
Speaker 16: You don't had a chance to check Gary's Facebook page this morning?
Speaker 3: I saw some ice. I don't have Facebook, but I saw an Instagram post he put out about you think you could have something? Yeah, yeah, day, yes he is.
Speaker 5: He's supposed to be doing some bush hogging. And listen, he's lost a tire.
Speaker 3: I mean you are saying I'm saying this. Yeah, Yeah, he's having some way till it comes around and you see this tractor.
Speaker 5: He thinks he's got it like he likes it. Looks like he's a bushog A lot.
Speaker 6: Of several times here he goes, Hen, that's what you get when you think you can have something.
Speaker 3: That's a big tire too.
Speaker 6: That's a big one dory, that's as big as I am.
Speaker 3: How do you mess up a tire like that? I don't know, on a flat field? How do you do it?
Speaker 6: Did he lose a Is there a bolt missing on? I don't know what I'm talking about here, but is there a bolt missing right here?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It looks like I wish won Why he didn't call me to come help him fix it? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well he needs he wanted something that could actually help, right, all right?
Speaker 3: Rude?
Speaker 21: I said that.
Speaker 3: That's fine. I mean, you know, next time you don't need to cress in the phillips. Next time you need a double illumination lot fix you're fixed. You called somebody else.
Speaker 6: Thought about double illumination a lot yesterday bothered me many throughout the day.
Speaker 3: That was the goal. Rick Barger's show on screen phone calls go.
Speaker 12: Ahead, Hi, Yeah, this is Kelly from Hueytown. I'm actually I'm actually Olive who loves calling you on, absolutely loves Rick.
Speaker 3: I'm her dad.
Speaker 12: Oh cool, But yeah, she has summer show offs this week that she's doing over at up Mountain High School. And she was heartbroken this today when she couldn't get in, So I figured I better try to. But so she she just wanted to tell y'all she loves you. But y'all we're talking about the furry thing. Just wanted to let you know that in Birmingham there's a furry convention every year.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 12: The host the hotel that's right there behind the part of the Colonnade.
Speaker 17: I ran a.
Speaker 12: I managed the bar and grill there for several years and I would see that group in there every year just walking around the parking lot. Stuff is pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the right word. Are they walking around looking like a mascot? Where they in uniform all the time explains why I saw it? Yeah, I saw a rabbit.
Speaker 12: How like articulated those things are. But yeah, that's that's some weird stuff that goes on.
Speaker 5: No, that's a wacky bunch man, what a bunch?
Speaker 3: I mean, that's it.
Speaker 5: That's dress like tell Olive. We said, hello, Yeah, Greg likes it.
Speaker 6: Because you're anonymous, you can do freaking weird stuff.
Speaker 5: Only only the local people will get this.
Speaker 3: But that explains when I went over to Pablo's one day and there was a rabbit eating tortillas.
Speaker 6: Rick very local but very fun, very local hotel, he ran the bar and grill.
Speaker 3: I pictured them all dressed up in their stuff sitting at the bar.
Speaker 10: You ordered around when you ordered your cot, when you order your costume, if you are for it, which which which one would y'all be?
Speaker 3: But I'm not even beginning to go there. I'm saying I don't want to.
Speaker 6: Would you go with like a bulldog or no wolf?
Speaker 3: No, it would be something scary.
Speaker 6: No, I'd be a big, strong, sexy wolf.
Speaker 3: I don't want anything one man wolf pack. I don't want anything to do with that. But yeah, we just you know, answer your question. Yeah, go ahead, Rick Burgers show unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 8: He question, who are these people that paint train cars? Why do they do it?
Speaker 12: There's really talent, really good talent out there.
Speaker 8: What's their purpose?
Speaker 5: Understood that?
Speaker 3: And how do they find it? Sitting there long enough to paint?
Speaker 6: They sneak into the train yards at night?
Speaker 3: Is there no security? Is there no security there? He knows all about it.
Speaker 8: I got it.
Speaker 14: I've had friends, did you do it? I've had friends that were all about.
Speaker 6: That life and life would go out at night and and go tag things and things like that, and I'd be like, buddy, I'm in my twenties.
Speaker 3: This is you're running with the wrong crazy you're running is amazing. I gets stopping the training every now and then on the way it seems a waste of the painting are really amazing.
Speaker 6: The free hand.
Speaker 14: Spray paint is very difficult, and some people are very very good at it.
Speaker 6: It's impressive.
Speaker 14: But do it on a mural and get paid.
Speaker 9: Go go.
Speaker 6: People love that kind of art. It's and you see it in hip restaurants all the time.
Speaker 3: You need to confess start a business, business, you need to confess them.
Speaker 20: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I learned my lesson at six Flags that year South South Beach, Miami turned an entire neighborhood into that. Yeah, they said, hey, let's embrace It's good for the artists that come out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is impressive.
Speaker 3: Everything's painted up. Rick Birder's show unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, good morning, Rick, how are you good?
Speaker 3: Good? Hope you're okay good?
Speaker 16: I thought about you last night. I was watching America's Got Talent. The show opened up with four men in their sixties from Detroit and they danced. I thought, oh, Rick's gotta see this. Oh boy, they're really good.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're talking about sixty plus year ol' Was it a really good dancers? I gotta see and that I've got to see that? All right, maybe we can find the video. That show's got some some Every now and then you'll come across some really strange stuff.
Speaker 6: What show was it?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, American Got Talent?
Speaker 5: A bunch of old men dancings which opened the shows?
Speaker 3: What he said, But there's always some guy that like dives on a nail head first, Yeah, I don't like watching.
Speaker 14: All No, no, like breaks bricks with their crotch or something weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, and then again we've discussed it before. I'm not going to go into it. But then people that sing, we got singing shows don't get on there and see there he goes. Yeah, Greg, you make that point. I know every time and repeat, it's valid. It's valid.
Speaker 9: We have.
Speaker 3: We have not one, but two. We got the Voice and American album. Yeah for singers. We don't need singers on America's got talent. And I noticed the audience will give a standovation for anybody. You don't even have to be good. If you come out there and like you were homeless once and you just see somewhat good. Oh, they'll all start crying, standing on their feet, clapping every time.
Speaker 6: When I found the ohld guy dancing, Oh they got quick feet, they got quick feet, look at it, still got it.
Speaker 3: They can go. I wish that was us.
Speaker 1: For us, this is the Rick Burgess Show, the hardest working men in the business, The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it, simply out working the competition. We got to go and hey, we're running at a fast pace here, come on, keep you stay up, let us let's go speedy. Greg Adler all here getting aptured again today and i'd be Rick as we roll into the hour. We've got a couple of things to discuss. This was presented to me yesterday, not doing a full segment, just gonna do this one email here from Caleb and this is something that we've been working on. And Greg has an interesting question to ask too about the evolution of public restroom etiquette at it. Yeah, well here here says the other day on the show, you talked about being in the restroom wanting to fix a guy's collar. You did not make that move, and that was the right thing.
Speaker 5: Today.
Speaker 3: I was at a meeting with other teachers from different schools and we went to use the restroom. I was standing at the urinal and a guy walks in. I don't know this man at all. He barely took one step in and he saw me, and he said, hey, man, how's it going. And he said that with the type of enthusiasm speed he would greet someone. I mean, he was coming in, unhot, not sure what to really say. I just said good, good you, and then he proceeded to talk about it was going good and he was glad it wasn't raining. And I washed up while he was still talking, and I would reply with a yep, yep, and then I left. I've said hi people in the restroom, but I've never with a guy with this kind of happiness and desire to talk to another man in the bathroom as if we were talking to each other out on the sidewalk. Did I do what I should have was at the right protocol with a happy talker in the bathroom? Should I have given more? Did I give it the right amount? Don't want to be rude, but normally don't find myself in that situation. Loved the show. Haven't missed a day since it started. Cave City, Arkansas, Arkansas. I thought it might have been you and he didn't know it. No, I've just simply saw the guys.
Speaker 5: He said, you know, a happy talker in the bathroom.
Speaker 3: I think it's limited talking in the bathroom unless just somebody you know. By the way, have y'all have y'all encountered yet in our bathroom? We have a new character. Oh no, we got a new character.
Speaker 8: Who is it?
Speaker 3: The stall? The number two stall burper? He said, Sarin burps the whole time, and he always picked stall number two. And I'm like, wow, that guy. And I don't know why he's burping?
Speaker 6: Is he ever?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 20: I was in there?
Speaker 6: I was in there the other day and a guy was like, I don't know what to call this except to say like grown sighing.
Speaker 3: Like I've heard that guy, I have to I've heard creep me out. I've heard it you.
Speaker 5: I've heard it.
Speaker 6: Start wearing.
Speaker 3: Yes, because I don't I know this guy. I know what you're doing. I have heard that. What are you?
Speaker 12: You know what?
Speaker 3: He and the He and the may be the same guy.
Speaker 6: It might be the same guy because installed he doesn't care about making sound.
Speaker 5: Is he always installed?
Speaker 3: He was that way? Yes, he's always installed to. That's his favorite stall, by the way, And that's not a good pick. Stall to is not good.
Speaker 6: It's not a good Everybody goes to stall to. Never never go to that one.
Speaker 3: Don't go to one. I started three. If three and four, if you go to one, and hey, I deal with the guy a urinal Ana sitting next year. Yeah, I know. Yeah, one's the worst, is it? I'm always four. I'm in the handy stall. Oh yeah, I got it by handicap shows up. I'll give it up.
Speaker 6: That's kind of rick. You and I were in the restroom together at the same time a couple of breaks ago. You remember that, I do you remember? We had a quick conversation about immigration.
Speaker 3: It was quick.
Speaker 6: It was a quick yes. Yeah, it was just like yeah, And I said, some people think that the United States can just be the hospital for the world and that just you can't. I just can't sustain that. That's an unsustainable model. And you go, yeah, a lot of people do think that they must because that's the way they act. And you left. At that moment, I realized there was somebody in the stall with us. Did you know that?
Speaker 3: I did not.
Speaker 6: I thought we had the bathroom to ourselves too, So then it's just me and that person. And I felt like I had to clarify.
Speaker 3: Didn't finish that out, laud to yourself, like you want him to hear the end of it.
Speaker 6: So I said to myself, I'm pro immigration, but it has to be legal, because you didn't know what you think somebody was spanning, was gonna come walking out? Look, I don't look she.
Speaker 5: Could be standing out in the hall.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, but she's sweet.
Speaker 6: She's a sweetheart.
Speaker 3: No, she is.
Speaker 5: I talked to her about it.
Speaker 3: You talked you. No, I just made that guys hoping.
Speaker 6: She seems legal. She seems legal, but she's not running.
Speaker 3: Well. I tried something the other day. You know, I go get door dash at that door lock, buddy, we know you got money, and she was out you got money, and I was there getting my lunch and I tested something just to see how she would react. I looked down at my drink and screamed at what no ice, and just to see what she would do.
Speaker 6: And she looks a little bit.
Speaker 5: She let go of the cart and move for.
Speaker 3: Just a second. Then she realized that you were talking about.
Speaker 6: Have you noticed she had ever? She's not one of those people that will look you, like look straight at you. She's almost like looking at the side of like nervously on the side of leave me alone.
Speaker 3: Basically, I'm still got to go back to something.
Speaker 5: So you talk out loud to yourself.
Speaker 6: That person might have headphones on and never even heard that you.
Speaker 3: Did he know you were talking to him? Did he hear that Rick had left? Hey, doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: I think he had heard that Rick had left, But I just acted like Rick was still in there for me to finish.
Speaker 3: I had to finish my thought.
Speaker 6: Yeah, anti immigrant, I'm no pigging just.
Speaker 3: About legal immigration. That bothers me.
Speaker 6: I'm the first person ever said that, hey gotta be legal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Greg, you were talking about the evolution of thinking about the public think back, think back when you're a kid. Oh yeah, my first recollection of a public bathroom either at school or where it's probably before school, they had the big trough. Everybody stood shoulder to show. Yeah, you had ceramic style, you had the metal ones. You had the floor ones, yep, which was bad because it splashed on everybody's feet. Right then at that time you had before this, you didn't even have stalls. But my first memory there were stalls, but they didn't have doors. Correct. Then all of a sudden we put doors on stalls, and then these showed up. Remember those you know, those were probably early. These are standing urinals, but they're all the way to the ground, but they're still but they're still individuals.
Speaker 5: So we left the cattle trough.
Speaker 3: It used to be like a like a bathtub and you would stand shoulder to shoulder right with the people, and everybody was good.
Speaker 5: We had a lot of modesty there.
Speaker 3: Then we threw urinals on the wall. Yeah, still standing, and then we put a divider. My point is we're slowly getting more modest, evidently right, because no doubt we were fine before, were we?
Speaker 5: I guess we didn't know, We didn't know any better.
Speaker 3: Privacy was just But when did we decide to be sicily, I mean, I guess I'm glad?
Speaker 5: Are you not glad?
Speaker 3: This is how I guess I am. But but also it's kind of embarrassing. It wasn't embarrassing when we're all standing there like little boys.
Speaker 6: We didn't care.
Speaker 3: I mean, you realize at one point, great, because you're a little boy. You're Sometimes we didn't come up to the man's waist. I'll say, we're standing there next to him and we're like, oh my goodness, sir, the divider. Does it help with stage right? I'll admit that you remember those days.
Speaker 6: Oh, you better think about it before you go in there. You gotta get your mind right before you're in there. If your mind isn't get your mind right.
Speaker 3: At what point did we go, Okay, we're building buildings, Hey, bathroom. You know what we're gonna do. Now, we're gonna put doors on the stalls, and you know what, we're gonna go urinals and we're gonna put dividers made that. I think your question is a valid one, But I'd almost like to look at it in reverse. Why wasn't this the original design?
Speaker 5: Those what we have now?
Speaker 3: Why was that that?
Speaker 5: Why wasn't that the first thought?
Speaker 3: It took us a long time to get remember these metal ones. Yeah, yeah, Rick, I tell you why. I don't think it was even a thought, because that's just what they did. And they was never even a thought that that was needed. And this is why you said speeding and the break. You're right.
Speaker 5: This is why the old men at the gym walking around neked.
Speaker 3: All the time. Yes, yes, with a tile around their shoulder. And I have an example, you know, because you use the towles. So I have another, please. I went and looked at where they built the new facility down there at Oxford and they named it that'sh your dad and coach here. And I went and I took a tour of it and I said, where are the showers? They said, well, and they were like three shower heads in this little area. And I said, they don't shower and they go, no, you know, we were after practice, everybody going to a shower. I've noticed that.
Speaker 5: We talked about this. I saw that, and they don't do that.
Speaker 3: I saw that happen with my kids, you know, because having two that are in their mid thirties and then two that are in their mid twenties, the mid twenty guys, they didn't hit the shower right, after practice like we always did, and I thought that was weird. They put their clothes back on, dirty and go home. What do we do? We went straight to the shower, and when I brought up, I said, y'all don't shower And they're like, what is the whole team stand around in their shower. I'm like, yeah, that's what we all did. You'd be waiting a little base and somebody like Kate. Would it taught you confidence? Yeah, it taught you confidence, ought you to be happy with.
Speaker 1: Who you are.
Speaker 3: It also taught you to time your shower when you were in there with a certain group and not another group. Yeah, you knew who to avoid. You knew to avoid. Oh yeah.
Speaker 6: To y'all's point, though, with the way things are going, eventually urinals will be gone. They'll just get they're slowly morphing into stall private stalls and then they say no standing to peer. Everybody has to sit down.
Speaker 3: That's the new America. We've already hit it there. It feels like this is the.
Speaker 1: Rick Burgess show. Sure you played a little ball, Rick Burgess.
Speaker 3: I'm noticing a lot of people on the text Nation, I don't think you'll play football. They were putting things out. Why why would don'ybody go back a teka shower and go back and put on the dirty clothes they wore to school that day?
Speaker 17: We did.
Speaker 3: Wait, you could have some jim shorts or something in there. But let's say when past jim but let's say that you did. Do you have any idea how much you sweat in a practice of football? Yeah, I mean you sweat to the point that you smell ammonia. You do, and you're like, where's that immonia? Smell?
Speaker 5: My gosh, that's me.
Speaker 3: It's not a little I remember sweating to the point that I'm like, okay, slime's coming out of my pores? Is that bad? I mean that was like a slime put a flannel. Yeah, yeah, and you just go put them clothes on. Even if you didn't have jim shorts or a T shirt or some sweats to wear a home, which you normally did, it's still so much cleaner to put those clothes back on after a shower. I mean, the only thing they've got is a little wear and tear from wearing.
Speaker 5: The school that day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's nothing compared to what that football practice distroduced. I mean, hey, some smells good grief. Yeah, lord, hell so so some of you I don't think a great day that you did it, but no, but you did it. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Uh speaking of men stinking, let's go to Shopmando dot com.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how about that? Okay, well look we'll thump, let's just call it. And a lot of things that are made U for you know, they're just not made for men. They don't understand the battle that that we have. We're men.
Speaker 20: Uh.
Speaker 5: So go to Shopmando dot com.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: And I know you guys talked. You heard us talking about we got our samples.
Speaker 3: And we love them. No illuminum and the deodorance and they've got the mandelic acid seventy two hours of protection.
Speaker 5: So they're not just covering odor. They're actually going to what's causing the odor.
Speaker 3: And they can handle. You can make sure that you are smelling, you know, wonderful and yet confidence, you know, from from the pits to your feet. So if you it's been clinical proven to work all day long.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: And so if you want to find out more, go to shop Mando dot com. We're gonna save you twenty percent using our code big Vox, and you're gonna.
Speaker 5: Get free shipping. So why wouldn't you do that? Go ahead and do it now, give Mando a go.
Speaker 3: We love it. You're gonna love it too. Shopmando dot com the code big Vox twenty percent off anything on the site and free shipping. That link also is at Rick burgesshow dot com right there under the sponsors.
Speaker 5: But okay, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're out of touch with the public inner schools, city schools. What was that gona do with stinking? Everybody stinks no matter where your school is, private, public. I bet people even stink at home if they are a lot of stink.
Speaker 10: So so it changed where my boys went. I guess when Jason Reese became a junior, the school went to before school practices. They would they started like five in the morning, five thirty and they and they would practice prior to school, so you they had to take shower of course, you know, for the rest of the day, and then on the back end after school. You sure were glad that, you know that you did practice prior to but it was the heat of the day and different things and knocking it out, and the coaches realized that there were actually better practices in the morning versus getting kids after school tired, high, lethargic and all that. So they went to that and that kind of changed things a little bit for them.
Speaker 3: You yeah, yeah, you remember people. I remember some pe you get into little sweaty yeah, oh yeah, how much you could do about that.
Speaker 6: I took weight training and weight training, and then on Wednesdays we played war ball, which I don't think they do that anymore. You can't have that. It's you know, it makes light of war But I remember taking shower putting. Would I would put my old jeans back on because I didn't work out in them, so I would put my I from my put my old jeans back on.
Speaker 14: You go and sit down on that chair in uh in class, in your desk, and.
Speaker 6: Buddy, if you just stood straight up, the sweat butt print that you would leave on that chair that your heart was horrible. I learned that I had to slide off. I would slide off because otherwise, I mean, you're leaving a puddle of butt sweat on there.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 14: That's a tip for anybody that's got a hey, sweaty butt.
Speaker 3: Thank you go nasty. Wow. Somebody put up there too. To days, you remember having to put those in the morning and come back in the evening and put them back on because you aren't going to wash them between prep still wet, and I would do them inside out and hang them and just hope they drive something.
Speaker 6: Please drive, try to get those ads were so wet. Yes, so horrible vinegar.
Speaker 3: So it's a wonder we all didn't have it. And it does seem be as much staff infection then now staff infections everywhere, right, Yeah, yes, yes, but I understand the logic of practice seen before school, but I would have hated that because a lot. I actually had this conversation last night with somebody who asked me about it. I was so not a morning person. I hated anything that made me get up one second earlier than I already had to get up. I hated what time we got up for school, to be told I had to get up two hours earlier to go to a practice before school's ever started. I understand the logic behind it, but I would have personally hated it. Yeah, through their I guess their little testing. I hated to get up early. I hated it.
Speaker 5: Still don't like it much.
Speaker 10: Yeah, the grades were better because you know homework and now you get whatever. Anyway, through all their t and they the practices were better, and after school sometimes they might do endies or different things that were more voluntary or just some extra work, but the full practice was prior to school.
Speaker 3: I can't even imagine that. Yeah, yeah, can you imagine us thinking we had to get up at what five? Be there at five? Yeah, five thirty seven or something like that. Would have hated that. I'm not proud of this, but that's why I hated Bible scow and here we go. When I was a kid, it was always the first week. Always I was a kid, it was the first week that we were out of school, and I was looking forward to sleeping late, and we had Bible school in the mornings. We didn't have it in the evenings, and I'd be mad because we had to get up early for that week. I have to admit that that was the same way, but I think now I was like wat, school's over and we got to get up and go to something else. Yeah, And I don't like fake newsings that much. And we had to eat them, oh yeah.
Speaker 5: Ours.
Speaker 3: Graand crackers and kool aid. We had to line up every morning march in. Do you remember sitting there like kind of having a little bit of a bad attitude pledging to the flag, I sure did. Then we'd sing to B I B L E.
Speaker 8: But we were like.
Speaker 3: You wanted, you wanted to say to Mama, Mama, we just got out of school. You send us to school again? Yeah, because MoMA always helped that Bible school, so we had to go. Yeah, yeah, I look, okay, I was when I was a kid. I didn't like BBS. I have to I was with you all the way. I was like, I'd rather be playing at home in New York. Yeah, after sleeping a couple more hours, right, no doubt you.
Speaker 5: And I know Adler didn't miss one. Being a worship pastor's kid.
Speaker 6: My whole life was Bible school, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, if it had been in the evening, like a lot of them do now, I might have liked it better. I've never heard of that was new. I don't remember Bible school ever, I mean vacation Bible school ever being in the evening till modern day. Oh yeah did there and we were coming up now. I don't think I can still be I can still I can still be in that station wagon and see them and kids lining up outside the worship center. Yeah, calling the steps and everybody holding up signs where you're supposed to go.
Speaker 8: With your.
Speaker 17: Agent.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but then you saw there was a little cute girl there and you were fine.
Speaker 6: And then you're like, oh, this isn't so bad at all. I didn't war ball.
Speaker 3: Okay, that know how good I am. So none of us said, oh good, we're here to learn more about the Bible that I forgot.
Speaker 6: That's the point.
Speaker 3: Probably would have been a more proper attitude that better wait to look at it.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is the Rick Burgess Show. Don't forget the Wednesday Bible study today at noon Central Time on the Rick Burger Show YouTube channel.
Speaker 3: That'll be job eighteen today. So join us if you would like, fellas, you can join us here in the room. In ladies, y'all can join us via YouTube or catch the archive later today. Men are women, So an adler gets that out pretty quick too. All right, So some other things that are in the uh in the headlines today. When you see this headline, it'll kind of get your attention. Human remains found near Taylor Swift's mansion now identified. That's a clicker, that's a termine. What do they mean by near that's a click. Well you read this and you think, well, some stalker has finally been killed or died trying to get into her mansion. But you really, the more you look at they basically just found someone who's been missing. Yeah. Uh, and it happened. The body happened to wash up near her home. Really no connection to Taylor Swift, but it does make for a nice headline. She a suspector no, no, that that's you know, she does have you know, there is of course, you know they have they have lots of stalkers, I'm sure, but she had one member. They had to had to kind of do. Oh yeah, yeah, that was that's by the way, I saw something speaking.
Speaker 14: Of bodies washing up. If you guys have a quick moment.
Speaker 3: That's what kind of transition is that.
Speaker 14: Well, y'all were just talking about bodies washing up and such.
Speaker 3: Uh. There is a.
Speaker 6: Lake Tahoe boat rental company that posted this video and it's the creepiest thing I've ever heard my time.
Speaker 5: Why are we watching it?
Speaker 6: Well, this Lake Tahoe boat around company, they brought it up. I didn't bring it up. They brought it up.
Speaker 3: So what what?
Speaker 6: So Lake Tahoe supposedly has a lot of people, a lot of dead people in it. Y'all know about this? No, is there like a dump it's like a dumping ground.
Speaker 3: Oh really, they kill people and that's where they put them. Yes, so this near Tyler Swift mansion.
Speaker 6: It's not okay, all right, this is the creepiest thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 20: So, if there are a bunch of dead bodies inside of Lake Tahoe, why would they not eventually rise back up to the surface like most bodies do when you dump from the water.
Speaker 6: The reason that bodies.
Speaker 20: Usually float back up when you dump them in a body of water is because as the body starts to break down, it releases gases.
Speaker 3: Those gases make the body bloat and rise up to the surface.
Speaker 20: Greg might be dead, but bodies don't start to decompose if they are kept cold enough.
Speaker 3: Think of like a moor.
Speaker 20: The moorg has a refrigerator for their bodies, and they don't decompose because they are kept cold. And Lake Tahoe at the bottom of it acts exactly like that refrigerator.
Speaker 13: Guys.
Speaker 20: Since there's a tremendous amount of water and a tremendous depth inside the Tahoe. The bottom of the lake never gets above thirty nine degrees, so the temperature and the pressure inside of Lake Tahoe are just going to prevent the bodies from undergoing those natural decomposition process, so they never bloat and they never float back up to the surface. Some people believe that there is a depth at which most of the bodies will stay naturally, and so if you swim down to that depth, you'd see hundreds, if not thousands, of bodies all around you, perfectly preserved.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: That didn't make no investigators would go down and get the bodies. First of all, what kindody sees them? How do they know where's all the missing? You're something else today? First? Pand is now this? Thank you? Those are basically the same.
Speaker 6: That and the pend those are Hey, both of these are backed by science, and they're creeping me out.
Speaker 3: Hey, thank you for that pigment. Sure, Hey, if there's bodies at the bottom of the lake, thousands of investigators have divers go down and get the bodies and then investigate the crime.
Speaker 6: No, why would he leave bodies down there? Because it's it's the mob. It's all tied up corruption.
Speaker 3: This is somebody who's trying to be sharp at Greg. I'll go and steal that line going from people looking and got Adler. Everybody's getting him today.
Speaker 6: What is only four hundred and fifty miles away from Lake A Hoe? I don't know Los Vegas? Who runs Las Vegas?
Speaker 2: The mob?
Speaker 6: Thank you thousands down there.
Speaker 14: You go swim down there and be around you like you're on a dance floor, surrounding you.
Speaker 6: I am creeped out.
Speaker 3: Next man arrested near No King's protest allegedly had a stash of pot bombs, yes at his home.
Speaker 10: This video was going around and it looked like they were cuffing the guy and checking him out. And at first he was in the middle of all these riots, and so you weren't really sure, and there was some assumptions as to what was going on. But now the story is confirming what he had, because some of them were suggesting that he had a gun or something, but he had more.
Speaker 3: Now they keep saying allegedly, So I guess he's gonna just because he's got he's got to respond to the accusation. They said allegedly just that they discovered pop bombs during their search of his home. They found all kinds of other resources that would include that would you know, could possibly be explosive.
Speaker 5: See this, this is the thing I don't know.
Speaker 3: These these leftists have just I mean, whatever happened to we all just kind of disagree. Their whole thing is now blowing things up, setting things on fire, killing people. I mean it's you know, going into people's homes, you know, impersonating an officer, shooting the place of it because I don't like the way you voted. And then they're the ones that are saying, we don't need kings, we don't need tyrannical governments. But you're acting year one. Yeah, the I mean, you rub out people that you don't want a round that disagree with you.
Speaker 6: The Left exposed itself for how evil it really is with the Luigi, that assassin that just killed that person on the street. He was like the CEO of a health insurance company.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 6: They turned this Luigi guy into a hero, girls talking about how hot he is and all this stuff. He's a he's a murderer. That's not the kind of society we want to live in where people are killed on the street because they we disagree with them, or we don't like how they do business, and that was the making him a hero is a horrible move no matter what side you're on.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a there's a lot of there's a lot of things that I don't care for, and there's things that I want to work to try to change. But never once have I thought about, Well, I guess I could just kill him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, you're then the worst person. You're now the bad guy.
Speaker 3: Right That That doesn't that doesn't, That doesn't help. Now eno the headlines today small town has been left with zero cops.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: The council has fired the final officer over this mounting drama in a Texas community, They're riddled with more drama the city council's decision to fire their last police officer.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: This is the Hawkins City Council voted to terminate the last employee left in the Hawkins Police department. Looks like the last one to go is Eric Tuma based on grounds of Derelicuh. Derek, he was derelic to the duties he sworn to uphold. He abandoned his post.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 3: So they said that their whole police department turned out to be a bunch of and they have, they've standing right now and Hawkins, uh, Texas, there are no policemen. They fired everyone of them. No, and they're gonna and like you said, lawless, I guess they're gonna do a do over. The White House has condemned Jim Acosta, now, calling him a disgraceful human being. Believe it or not, he joked about Trump's now deceased ex wife x CNN correspondent Jim Acosta, who's kind of lost credibility A long long time ago. He was interviewed and it was posted Monday about President Donald Trump's deceased former wife in the burial site and called her an example of an immigrant doing the jobs that Americans don't want to do.
Speaker 15: Wow.
Speaker 6: I have the clip if you wanted.
Speaker 3: Okay, here it is.
Speaker 6: See how many how many immigrants has he married? He's got one buried at his golf course in New Jersey. Isn't she buried by the first hole or the second tea or something like that? And they're laughing.
Speaker 3: That's just wow. That's again, this is the Party ofclusiveness. All opinions are welcome, all lifestyles, styles are welcome, unless, of course, you disagree with us. Then we will say horrible things about you, and we'll cancel you if you were to say the same horrible thing about somebody we like. So that's it. We'll come back. We'll come back. We'll look at another opportunity to chat with you, America. That number is eight eight eight, the number six, big box. We'll chat with you when we come back. Also, we do have a clip we'll play two from Garth Brook's daughter. Is she aspiring to be in country music? Too interesting? Take?
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Okay, are you ready to bring some thing to the table?
Speaker 9: Cool?
Speaker 1: No, and get her on the show? One eight eight eight six big.
Speaker 5: Fuck screen phone calls.
Speaker 6: But first Garth Brooks daughter.
Speaker 3: So she's sounds like she's trying to go the route.
Speaker 5: And I understand this.
Speaker 3: I do, you know, living in the shadow of a you know, someone who's had the kind of popularity of Garth Brooks. And you know, I don't wanna, I don't wanna everybody think that I'm getting a shot because of who my daddy was and all that.
Speaker 5: But you know it's all right too.
Speaker 3: There's nothing wrong with being given the opportunity to show everybody how talented you are, right now not not everybody has that, like you're talented when you're not because of your daddy is. But there's nothing wrong with someone saying I'm intrigued. I'm not even a big huge fan of the Garth Brooks music. I like some of it, but I when I hear Garth Brook's daughter, is she wanting to sing or act what she wanted to do? Uh?
Speaker 5: I will tell you this. I'd like to say, I wonder if she's any good.
Speaker 1: Let's listen, give it.
Speaker 5: But she's not even using his last name right, No, it's.
Speaker 3: Was it Ali Colleen? Yeah, I think that's her middle name. She's going by her first Have you ever heard her grim? I don't think so. Has lately ever heard her?
Speaker 8: May have?
Speaker 10: But apparently she was on Bobby Bones's podcast, Bobby Cast, and they got in tom Boy, her life and Bobby they're working, Yeah, during which she made it clear how she would like to distance herself from her dad and kind of make her own way.
Speaker 3: Well, I understand that, but here she has hang out. It's coming from me out to not put me.
Speaker 11: I'm just asking more so the industry to help me out, to not put me in that box to people that I'm not going to fit in that box.
Speaker 3: They're not going to like me in there, you know what I mean. I don't represent him at all.
Speaker 11: So it's just always been really tough when it's like Garthbrook's daughter Ali Queen doing this, this, this now all of a sudden, everyone thinks Friends in the Places.
Speaker 3: Is going to be in my set and it's not.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 3: I got that part that I understand. She said her. I guess she got her own sons every day. If they're expecting her to sound like him, they're not gonna She didn't want that, but it's it's okay to still say, you know, you'll have to act like that's not your dad, you know, because you think somehow that is takes credibility away. I think they can all go hear your show and they may decide they like what you do too. If not build your own audience, is nothing wrong with that. Yeah, yeah, but I do get that.
Speaker 10: But when she says I don't represent Garth Brooks at all, yeah, well, I mean yeah, she musically, I get it, but she kind of wants to have her make her own way.
Speaker 3: Like you heard say one thing, I'm proud of my dad, something like that this maybe one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well on her neck tattoo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, got a few tats, see that her neck, look like it's this tattoo on my neck. Boy, of all the bad decisions, and they're there's some bad tattoo decisions. But how having something flying out of your throat, opening your throat, grabbing your throat. Uh, it's not a good look. It just isn't.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 3: To the phones, we go, Uh, you're on the Rick Burgers Show. Unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 16: Go ahead, Mine, I'm gonna tell y'all a story about the I was in the cournouse of the day.
Speaker 3: We continue there. Yeah, sound like trying to do trying to character, to do a character Rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 5: Unscreen phone calls, Go ahead.
Speaker 3: Hey, Ray, got a question for you.
Speaker 19: Bring it solid the episode with you and Speedy about sending him out to some of the places of the ghost.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah yeah on strange account.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 19: And you said you actually had some regret now sending him to those locations. Correct, correct, So now you are still going to send him to Larry's and Georgia's service.
Speaker 6: All right, great episode, you look back on this with more regret.
Speaker 5: I think you know what you know what where were you when I made that decision?
Speaker 3: Making a good point? You make a great point. Gosh, I've learned nothing. I'm laughing.
Speaker 12: It's me.
Speaker 3: He's fine. It's how to get patches. Here's the part I can't wait. Okay, we're all going to bed. That's gonna be the longest night of your life. Here's what I'm wondering about. Is there a chance that Larry and Carolyn are not early to bed?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: I know what if Speed's like I gotta go to bed. No, Let's play some more card schecking and win some patches.
Speaker 6: Let's play charades.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, we're about to have some hot chocolate.
Speaker 10: They've been texting this morning, I mean on text. Next what if what they want you to go to bed early?
Speaker 4: You got to go to bed early, Get up, don't go to Balllet states and talk somewhere about patchet.
Speaker 3: I would show you the challenge coming from Troop forty eight. What you're doing? You know, I gotta go. I have not gone yet. I know Where's all good fun? What if you wake up and like you can, you wake up to the sound that you know somebody's breathe on your face? You look right next to you. I thought I'd come in here and snaggle, even with the patches. So you got Larry getting in bed with well just no, not nothing inappropriate, just laying there next to you when like two people sleeping. Yeah, I'm not saying anything inappropriate. Yeah touch feet hm, buts and you threw that leg over what I run into? Young stand at your side, speedie.
Speaker 6: All right, hell got him in the room.
Speaker 3: They're the sweetest little couple. Are sweet, which almost makes him even more with Digger and Kelly be on the back porch. According to carry, that's trying to he's gonna hurt you. Let him in the house.
Speaker 5: You're on the Rick Birders Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead, And.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was gonna get your pining on something, uh the other day out somewhere. And there's one of them makes Kens there.
Speaker 3: That's the same game, guys.
Speaker 5: He's not even trying a different voyages.
Speaker 3: Look you guys, come on now, that's a high standard. I'm gonna try to be a character. Okay, here we like the genuine article. Better, Greg, come on, we continue Rick Birders Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead, Man, I don't.
Speaker 12: Know about y'all.
Speaker 8: But I had one heck of a weekend.
Speaker 6: Now I like this guy, though, Go.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 12: I sat at home and I watched Prices rat reruns all weekend.
Speaker 1: Oh I bet that was good.
Speaker 3: You do good. We continue.
Speaker 5: Rick Birders Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 23: Hey man, the new phone for that, which I really like. I'm surprised that Tyler of the Angry Cyclist hadn't called Greg.
Speaker 3: We have not heard from him, and.
Speaker 23: That being made a man or something that Greg has Greg secretly met with title of Angry Cyclists kind of make a mean.
Speaker 5: Sure, maybe I got rid of it, Greg.
Speaker 3: Huh, that's a little too close to our segment minute ago. Dah, Yeah, you haven't heard of it right here, right here on Pride Month nothing. Rick Burger's Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead, Greg.
Speaker 12: What I love about this whole Larry thing is we've all seen enough reality TV shows to know that it's all stage, and.
Speaker 21: It really feels like that y'all don't know anything about.
Speaker 12: Larry other than on the show, and it's fixing to get it real for Speedy.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you know what. Yes, the reason it sounds that way is because that's what's exactly. Look you think this show does any kind of prep. No, we continue. Rider shown stream phone calls go ahead.
Speaker 8: Hey, this is a birdie.
Speaker 18: I won yesterday, right.
Speaker 5: Money, one of one thousand dollars on the wheel.
Speaker 3: Well you.
Speaker 5: Said, he said, bast pro get ready?
Speaker 3: What he said? I don't know you did.
Speaker 5: Rick Burgers Show, unscreen phone calls go ahead.
Speaker 3: What are you doing over there?
Speaker 5: Rick Burgess Show, unscreen phone calls go ahead?
Speaker 21: Hell y'all?
Speaker 12: Well, also from South Florida.
Speaker 6: I just wanted to reach out to my daughter out there in Alabama. And Uh, congratulator on graduating high school.
Speaker 3: What's your name? What's your name? Congratulation? That's awesome. We continue you. Rick Burgers Show, unscreen phone calls go ahead.
Speaker 7: You hang up?
Speaker 3: You hang up on me again?
Speaker 20: Uh.
Speaker 3: Rick Burgers Show, unscreen phone calls go ahead.
Speaker 16: Look y'a, I've done some homework, but please tell me somebody's at least look at the layout of Larry's house.
Speaker 3: Only pictures, they said, Spade Spady May's Carrier group Conn.
Speaker 8: We're gonna have you on that list.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 6: I haven't seen the room I'm gonna be in.
Speaker 3: We want to show you our sealar that was underwater man disguising his boy. It was Greg, Okay, right here, we're gonna go down and show you this cellar. I think that's I think that's Beth moment. A little bit in what that is a little bit just a little bit.
Speaker 6: You No, I haven't seen anything. I would like you know, the communication, all right?
Speaker 3: If he went in there, that's cause you're gonna be right actually right spell. What if Speed was going through looking at all the patches and something starting notes in the pattern. There was a patch and that had the name Chris on it. Then it went another past Darrell Dament and it was waiting, man, I thought, these are all police patches and and and what what what? What are these names?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 1: This is The Rick Burgess Show.