Speaker 1: I apologize, I'm sorry, No, no, can please be? People give us feedback. Do you hate that?
Speaker 2: Or is that?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Why do you like doing that?
Speaker 2: Because nobody else can do it. It's a whistle and a hum at the exact same time. And my pe teacher in seventh grade and history teacher taught me how to do it.
Speaker 1: But it's like my kids sitting at the dinner table and my youngest one can screech and he does it over and over and over, and I don't know why, but I your sound is really annoying. No, no like it like it hurts my ears.
Speaker 2: I do it at work. McKitty loves it. The local guy he always wants me to. But the chicks from the other radio shows, they always go, ray, stop it, stop it, I'm gonna kill you, hey, you dumb motherkirt. They'll swear me sometimes, ladies, we just do radio. We're not saving lives here. Let's not yell. I'll not do the foghorn anymore. The funny thing is sometimes I do it so loud on the sales floor people think it's a fire alarm or some the thing we got before. There is now a test. Please leave the building.
Speaker 1: There is a emergency. Please leave the building. There is an emergency, Please leave the building.
Speaker 2: That's how much people love to hear their voices. Whatever happened to just an alarm that we are alarm as some lady hearing herself talk there is an emergency, please leave the building. Come on.
Speaker 1: But I want to apologize. I want to apologize to you for the confusion. I know we did a pod yesterday, and so you thought we weren't doing a pod today. I thought you understood that we did when yesterday just because it was NFL kickoff, and then if we weren't doing one today the first weekend of the NFL, I mean the whole having Monday off screwed us up. And so doing three pods in four days my bad.
Speaker 2: Guys. This is me not caring about myself, but you realize it's the dominoes that then fall because you told me no pod or I assumed, never assume ray.
Speaker 1: I mean, on the pod yesterday, I even said, all right, we'll see you guys.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow, okay, but we do it a day ahead. So I just thought maybe on the Big Show. I didn't know Big Show.
Speaker 1: Boll, so you thought I meant I'll see you tomorrow on the big show.
Speaker 2: Here's guys, why you always gotta have good communication. You texted me days ago and go, we gotta do it man before one. I was like, okay, he must want to get out of here on Friday. Cool, do it before one. So yesterday I tell everybody, mckittie, local guy, hey man, room's wide open. Record. Whenever you want, we're done. I tell Abby, send me, send me those voicemails, win ever, no rush, whatsoever. Girl, Wide open all morning. Then you texted me, hey man, see in a minute.
Speaker 1: What Yeah, it's it's my apology.
Speaker 2: I was about to leave the building.
Speaker 1: I thought it was important to do a pod leading into the NFL, to recap the first NFL game, to talk about it, to talk about my you know, guys get together last night where we were going to watch the NFL game on a back patio. I thought it was I don't know. I just thought that you would want to do your locks because we got to make our listeners some money and.
Speaker 2: All that.
Speaker 1: And I apologize the communication was bad. It was it was. It just wasn't good. And that's that's on me.
Speaker 2: Okay. Yeah, just like when we were at the balls game, and we would keep saying that the off sides, that was on us. Guys, that was on us.
Speaker 1: That's us, that's us, that's us. That's our fault, guys, that's us.
Speaker 2: That was It doesn't matter what area of life you're at grocery store, always just take fault because nobody does what Lunch did right now and took fault. So say say a cart or something or something to get spilled at the grocery store, bad example. Just that was on me, even though it wasn't on you. Your kids will learn from it, your wife will think it's funny. The store workers will go, oh my gosh, nobody's ever admitted to a spill in ten years of working here.
Speaker 1: And the strangers around you will be like, no, no, that was my bad. Everybody else will start volunteering. When you volunteer that it was your fault. Even if it wasn't, someone else will step up and be like, oh no, no, that was my fault. Wow, Wow, that was my fault, And it's just like a domino effect. It makes everyone around you feel get better and notice.
Speaker 2: It'll also be funny. Say, if you're hostess, she messes up and some people are upset. That was on me. Guys, that was on me. You'll get a laugh. If it's a big group of people, you'll tend to then draw some sort of laughter. Guys, my bat that was on me. Wife respects you, kids, learn from it all the while. You're the bigger person. It wasn't on you, Funny, and I want to apologize to you again.
Speaker 1: This one's on me. This one's on me, and I've been thinking about this. I didn't know how to bring it up, but I apologize for the miscommunication. And now i'd like to apologize in advance for missing your birthday tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I got win that you aren't able to come.
Speaker 1: I want to apologize that I will not be able to make the eleven thirty am brunch.
Speaker 2: I want you to continue. The problem is it was a short list of people, so if there's one more domino to fall, there may be me, Justin and Bazer looking at each other in a whole flour of Garth's Bar. That's the one issue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I figured Kicky and Karen would be there.
Speaker 2: No, they should have made the short list, though.
Speaker 1: I assume the Dodds would be there. And when your wife sent the text, and I was like, oh, that's it sounds so fun, and my wife was like, yeah, we can get a babysitter. It'd be great. We'll go to brunch, have some drinks, hang out with Ray and Bay, and celebrate Rai's birthday. See justin for the first time in months since we never played his round of birthday golf that he had tried to set up six months in advance, and we have heard nothing about it since. So I guess he gave up on the birthday round of golf.
Speaker 2: He did and we just his family came into town and we did brunch and we did top golf.
Speaker 1: Ah see, because I've been looking forward to that round of golf. Me you Dodd, who haven't seen probably since your bachelor party sixteen years ago. No, I saw him at the wedding, and I haven't heard anything about it. But then I get the text about brunch. You're invited to raise fortieth birthday brunch and I'm like, good raise my boy. I'm gonna be there eleven thirty. Am oh so exciting. Then two weeks after I got that text, the soccer schedule came out.
Speaker 2: And oh uh in Nashville, I s see.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no, the Tigers and Spain. Those are our team names for our two kids, baby Box two and baby Box one. And baby Box two has a game at noon. Baby Box one has a game at one o'clock. So I had this internal struggle on what to do. Do I get the babysitter and make a babysitter take them to their games, and I come and get Boozy on Broadway with Bay and Ray to coach.
Speaker 2: Exactly, Hey, let's have some shots. Yeah, all right, guys, I gotta go to the gear guy. I'm good, I'm good. Yay.
Speaker 1: Hey what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Why ain't you stop that ball? You did stop it? Oh? My bad? Good job?
Speaker 2: What do you mean? I'm not. I'm in front of the line. You're gonna hit me like the coach they got knocked over?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Kelly, wait, what do you mean goalie? I'm not. There's no goalies. Well, dude, you're standing in and go I am Oh.
Speaker 2: Or you can't block the ball when the other team tries. I didn't. It was somebody else. I didn't block a goal, sir. We saw you with your hand when your kid missed it, and you did that, and one of our refs. Saw you do that? Nuh huh? Prove it with video?
Speaker 1: Hey ref, terrible call, dude, And that's our boss. That's definitely our ball. It's our ball.
Speaker 2: He prove it on a cell phone doing the bodycam footage. Sir, we don't have bodycam footage. This is little kids soccer.
Speaker 1: God to via r Man.
Speaker 2: I don't believe you, God v A r Man if you think that, yeah, the other parrots you did it, idiot, dumbass. It's you that you're gonna rely on that guy that's your witness, star witness. I did.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 2: That did definitely sniffs butts dude, like what you no, I'm the ref too, because they don't have rests in this league. Oh, why don't you tell that guy to get off the field up, sir, he's not even close to the field. Tell him to get off the playground. Well, that actually is an issue. Also, sir, please don't be on the swim set.
Speaker 1: So that was the conundrum. I was the dilemma, and I was like, I don't know what to do. And my wife was like, you know, we gotta get a babysitter, we gotta go to raise fortieth And I was like, if Ray was having a six pm dinner and then go out, I totally understand, but eleven thirty in the morning is a tough time when you have three kids. And after talking it over with my wife, we came to the conclusion that we had to be there for our kids and their games and miss the boozing on broad Away with Bay and Ray.
Speaker 2: For his fortieth Ray kids before. No, it's not even that, it's just and she was like, I just thought, you know, it's his fortieth birthday.
Speaker 1: It's a really big birthday. And I said, yes, I understand, it's a big birthday. I said, but they could have planned at like six pm.
Speaker 2: Pee week before pod Buddy, I get it. Man soccer before.
Speaker 1: Sayson, soccer for Sison.
Speaker 2: Yes, Brent would before b day.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's true too.
Speaker 2: What else, tikes before tots? There might be tots on the menu, so that works.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's good, that's good.
Speaker 2: Tricia Gars, Gars games before Gars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, babies before brunch, goals before guys. Yeah. So anyway, so we had the debate back and forth, and it just turned out that if you would have had it at you know, four pm, fantastic eleven thirty am is just tough when you got three kids. And even if we if we got a babysitter, then we had the babysitter. We've done by four and we got to take care of our kids for the next four hours. After boozing on Broadway with Bay and Ray for the fortieth it just didn't work out. And I feel really bad and I want to apologize.
Speaker 2: It's on you, man, that.
Speaker 1: One's on me, Like that is so on me that we're gonna make it up to you.
Speaker 2: What right I gonna let you stay the night at our house Saturday night.
Speaker 1: I don't know how we're gonna make it up to you, but we'll make it up to you at some point.
Speaker 2: That's one of those things you could obviously say and you never have to fulfill the Hey man, let's seriously, let's get together. Let's get a drink sometime. You never, guys, I'll tell you right now, you never have to do that. And the other one is we'll make it up to you. I owe you a favor, you never have to return the favor, and you never have to make it up to somebody. Those are the beauty of those statements.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like that guy, I forget it. I don't even remember his name. Golf guy that always sees me at kids functions, like, Man, how's your golf game? We should get to go to play around a golf man. She should get run and play around a golf brad or let me see if I got his name anywhere.
Speaker 2: But he would tell me all the time. Man, we should get to go to play some golf. And I just joined a club. Man, I should have you out for a round, all right?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: Yeah? A month later, see him at a birthday party, Man, when are we gonna play golf?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: When are we gonna play golf?
Speaker 2: That's when it bites you, is when you see each other pretty often enough. It's not awkward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like it's like, dude, every time you see me does not mean you have to go to the whole golf thing, Like just say, hey, how you doing. Man, you've been playing golf. You don't have to fall back on the hey, we should play golf sometime because you never want to play golf or you never invite me to play golf. And my wife's like, why don't you just text him.
Speaker 2: A couple responses about the birthday. Now that you say it out loud. That does sound early. But God love Baser. She knows my new lifestyle. I'm in more life, less stress, but I'm in bed by seven. She caters to that now. She goes to bed at eight thirty. Even birthdays, she knows. We do brunches and then we're out. So but man, that is an ask. It's not that it's an app I've never had somebody say it out loud to me that eleven am birthday.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's just.
Speaker 2: Not normal for a forty year old to have an eleven am birthday party.
Speaker 1: All right, man, we.
Speaker 2: Couldn't afford gars at night. What do you want from us?
Speaker 1: Like, I literally there's usually there's usually a birthday party for the kids at eleven am. I've never had an invite to a fortieth birthday party at eleven freaking am and.
Speaker 2: Making Kiki when they had a big birthday. You're right, it was eight pm. I believe that's what I'm saying. But I was mad about that.
Speaker 1: Well, you gotta take a nap. You're probably tired. That's usually when you're in bed, and I understand it. So it's just a different lifestyle. You live the lifestyle of the kids six seven, PM bedtime, So you're ready for the birthday party at eight, nine, ten eleven am and you crash at six. Totally understand.
Speaker 2: I think we should still should be good, but with the caveat if the Dods cancel, I believe there's gonna be four people on about a thirty square foot floor with a pool table, a TV, and more food than to feed the entire homeless population in Nashville. But don't let the Dods know that that this is all My entire birthday celebration is on them. It's on them.
Speaker 1: It's on me, Ray now, that is on me. So I won't be at the birthday party.
Speaker 2: What you can do, thank you, is you can call ahead and you can send us a bottle over of dom perry on and we will toast the glass in your honor, in your spirit. So wait and we will be liquored up on Broadway by one. Please don't send that. I want no shots.
Speaker 1: So you're telling me that I could call ahead and have a bottle sent to your table, No, don't, Well, I wasn't gonna do it. I'm already gonna have the conversation with Beser. I get it's my birthday. I get we're with some booze hounds. We ain't doing shots. Everybody drink their drinks. I want to enjoy conversation. That's why we have a fireplace. That's why we have a pool table.
Speaker 2: That's why we have a view that overlooks Broadway so we can people watch and say, look at that debauchery. Man, we are so mature in our age at forty years old. Wow, look at the moves we've made. We are higher up in life and higher up in this building than them. Those are the peons. Look at us. We are in our palace looking at them. We're not doing shots. Give me an ultra, Give me a neutral, give me a white claw. What about a surf side? Give me a truly don't but do not give me death. Baser loves the surf sides.
Speaker 1: And the guy's name is Jerry. Jerry the golf. If you go back, if you remember Jerry was He always invites me to golf all the time. We have never played a single round of golf. And the reason I tell my wife I'll never text him is because he's the one that like, hey man, I'm gonna hit you up. We're gonna play some golf. So when he says that the ball is in his court, I'm not gonna reach out to him.
Speaker 2: And it's also a big ask the reason I understand the babysitter stuff. That sucks to be a parent. Who's gonna watch three kids for under twenty bucks? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's not under twenty dollars.
Speaker 2: Forty is what? So I mean?
Speaker 1: I don't like then twenty three to twenty five an hour.
Speaker 2: And then the the ubers. You're gonna factor those in. It ends up being a pretty big day for you.
Speaker 1: But your fortieth birthday is worth it. The booze in on Broadway with Bay and Ray for the fortieth is absolutely worth the money. It would have been worth the money.
Speaker 2: And yeah, yeah, I was trying to think, uh, bones Eddie, who could I call last second if we need seat fillers? Because I don't have enough friends.
Speaker 1: Definitely Abby and Arnold. Abby is always looking for something free to do. Oh Morgan and her dude, they're always looking to drink.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's one of those where you put yourself out there. I was like, Beazer, I'm talking my best friends. It's the only people I want there. I don't want little Timmy that I hang out with every other Friday at work. I don't want Jimbo from church that I see one time of year. I said, I want the best of the best of my friend The convention people, they're friends, they're not my best friends. I said, no, convention people invite Grandma and maybe for another time. I mean, we're blood lover, but she's gonna talk about her cats the whole time. I want the people that I have to be around that I listen to them and I laugh. I said, here's the list. Well, that list didn't return the paper. That list said take this list and throw it back in my face. I feel like these people. I feel like we needed to let every person known. Hey, guys, short list you are super special, but you gotta come that. That's the thing, because with the short list, it is the danger of it is if you can't do the sit you do the sympathy things. Guys making a whole party fifty people. But that's not what I wanted. I'm vis I said, Baser, the shortest of lists. I want these people to be somebody I would go to war for. She goes, Okay, eight people to have canceled.
Speaker 1: That's my fault. That's on me. Like I said, that's on me. That really is, that's that's that's on me. He could fill in. So, yeah, let's go to break. That's on me. When we come back, we'll have happier things to talk about, right, seriously, I'm real sorry, no, really I am. But also I mean last night, let me tell you NFL kickoff season. The season is going to start, and it's it's time to get guys Night going where all the guys in the neighborhood get together first Thursday. And this dude's like, I got a new back patio. Everybody, come over, I got a TV up, I got the Intenda working, and we'll have it on my back porch. It's screened in. I'm like, all right, you know, let's go. Let's do it. And then my wife's like, oh, by the way, I got a PTA meeting at five for four year olds. And I said what she says, yeah, a PTA meeting at five, And it's kind of a true. Now were some of the women that on the PTA. We go to the eat at a restaurant right there and have a couple have a drink, and I'm like, I have guys Night and she goes, it's still at eight o'clock and I said, no, no, no, no, no, no, tonight it's at seven twenty. I said, kickoff. We got NFL kickoff, so I can't be having you be late.
Speaker 2: Are there any women at guys night?
Speaker 1: No, no, it's guys' night only.
Speaker 2: Right, But is the dude's wife peeker head out? Uh?
Speaker 1: The dudes two daughters did come out and say good night, and the wife waved from the window.
Speaker 2: Good night, Sarah, have fun at college. Go kapa kapa kappa.
Speaker 1: No, they're like three and five. Oh, they're really young, and so they came out, said good night, gave us high fives. The wife waved from the window. But my wife, I was like, so, yeah, you got it. You know, if you could try to be home a little early. And I mean she walked in the door seven o'clock and I was usually at seven thirty seven forty five when they go to eat and have a drink. And I said, how are you home? Sorely? She goes, oh, Pta Meetia only lasted thirty five minutes. I said.
Speaker 2: They all wanted to get home from football or they had to get home too because their husbands were going to watch football somewhere else. And it's impressive. Thirty minute meeting with a bunch of hens.
Speaker 1: Ray that's sexes. I mean, I guess the school must be running smoothly because it's only thirty five minutes.
Speaker 2: Those chicks on the view, those hens, they can't keep it on their they cackle. Man.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: So I walk over there, and I'm like, all right, this is gonna be great. Bunch of guys over here. Were you pregaming at the house?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I was hanging out with the kids. It was still early, and so I threw some in the little portable cooler and I walk over there. It's just two dudes.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, is this foreshadowing?
Speaker 1: And he's in the guy's house and he's like, look, man, look I just got these new couches today. It's like outdoor furniture, right. Cool.
Speaker 2: We sit down another guy, the guy that owns the house, name is Josh. Other guy's Jeremy's like what Jeremy has a little pink bag with him. Oh, and I'm like, oh, dude, what is that you never said guys night?
Speaker 1: Well, he goes, I brought us a bag of cookies.
Speaker 2: You guys can't escape your wives. Your wives are draped all over you.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, excuse me.
Speaker 2: He goes, Yeah, I was at the bakery and I was like, oh, man, I'll get an extra bag for the boys. H thoughtful, better be chocolate chip And I said, so tell me more and he's like, yeah, I was getting some, you know, cupcakes for the house for the family, and they had a bag of cookies sitting there and I was like, oh, I think the guys would like these.
Speaker 1: I'll bring him to Guys Night. But it's a little pink bag with a sticker to keep it closed. I'm like, this is the opposite of guy Night of you bringing a bag of cookies for us, Like it feels a little intimate for US two or US three, I guess to be sitting here on a couch eating cookies together.
Speaker 2: What'd you want? An ice block, carggerator, keg stands, I don't know, and Josh who's house.
Speaker 1: It was like, dude, I had a flight man, I couldn't smoke any meats.
Speaker 2: I got the next one on the ice block.
Speaker 1: And he's like, he goes, but I'll go in and get a cutting board and we can cut the cookies in the pieces so we can all taste some.
Speaker 2: Josh, put your mouth on that. I'm gonna drip this vodka down it all right, stop sucking.
Speaker 1: So he goes and gets a cutting board and he brings it out and they cut the cookies in nice little pieces, and they're like, hey, man, get you some.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, oh, they were special cookies.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, they're just regular cookies.
Speaker 2: Ray second quarter. I thought for a second I was watching The Wizard of.
Speaker 1: Oz and then the game starts in his TV is like a weird color.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, cookies are setting in.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, hey, man, like, what's wrong with your TV? He's like, I don't know. I just set it up today. And then the sound goes out. Guys, is it me or is Dak looked like the tin man. I'm like no, no, they all looked like the uh, the the spinach guy, the green like Incredible Hulk. They were all green.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, ye has his red and green balance is.
Speaker 1: Off and something like that, and he was like so he starts fidgeting with it and then it goes to commercial and it works again. I'm like, all right, right, that's better. That's better. Good. Can we get the sound back on and he's like, well, I'm trying to figure it out, got the sound going. Game starts and Jalen Carter spits on Dak and gets kicked out, and my phone just starts blowing up and Batter's box calls me, and I'm like, he's like talking to He's.
Speaker 2: Like, who is that over a little hawk tua.
Speaker 1: I think he called me maybe in the first quarter. I don't know what happened.
Speaker 2: I was like, crap, I gotta call my brother. Man, somebody just spat on another man I don't know. And he calls the He's like, oh, who is that? And I'm like, I'm over to Buddy's house watching the game. He goes, oh, cool, and then he just starts texting me throughout the game and he gets mad at me because I picked the Eagles as my eliminator and the first game of the first day of the first season of the first month, good gosh, give it till Sunday. I know you're mad, man. You needed the survivor action that bad.
Speaker 1: No, No, I didn't need it that bad. I just thought, man, there's no way the Cowboys can beat the Eagle. And so then I texted him I'm like, man, i'm stressing. This is not starting out good for me. And then he replied, I tried to tell you over and over Tushbush celebration was awesome, kind of needed Dallas field goal there. This sucks. Also, you are not responding from your boyfriend's house. I'm like, dude, I'm sorry that I'm over with some dudes and I'm watching a football game. I can't reply to every single text message. Well, that's the.
Speaker 2: Beauty of it when you're with your boys. Now, what do we realize guys were all married. There ain't no good text coming in, right, It's not phone in the pocket. I'll check it in four hours. It's not an important it's not that important of a text. It's not going to be a pick topless.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: And so then about mid first quarter though, two more dudes showed up, and then it started rocket.
Speaker 1: What's up, bro, sub dude?
Speaker 2: What's up man?
Speaker 1: How you hey?
Speaker 2: Man? They'll take some of those cookies. Man. They hit around the halftime. Apparently I thought somebody was talked two in it or something. What's up man? What's up?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: What's up? Bro? Yeah? What's up? Man? How's how's your sex life, Jim. How you doing, man? You guys still throwing it back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we're just chatting it up. One dude, Yeah, what's sub dude? There's two guys rolled up and they're in there, and then two more dudes show up.
Speaker 2: So the two guys rolled up together. Yeah, they they're neighbors.
Speaker 1: Tracks then they were neighbors. Oh yeah, they live on the same street, like four houses apart. So they both rode their electric bikes over.
Speaker 2: He got vehicle access on your street?
Speaker 1: No, they just rode their electric bikes, man. And they bring in their beers and one guy's got his four beers in his hand. He's like, hey, can I put in someone's cooler? Throws at my cooler and then two more dudes show up, and so now we're like, you know, five seven dudes, it's it's popping.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: And then an eighth dude shows up, and then the ninth dude rolls in and we're like, hey, you want to drink? He's like, no, man, no, I got I got a big trial next week.
Speaker 2: What are you a doctor?
Speaker 1: And I'm like oh really, he goes, yeah, I'm just I'm just stepping away for about twenty minutes. I gotta go back in there. It's gonna be a long case next week.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, what a low key flax. I'm like, oh, do you want to sit out?
Speaker 1: No, man, I've been sitting down all day, just going over stuff and drumthy you're guilty.
Speaker 2: For not sitting How you doing, Jim? How the hell you been? Man?
Speaker 1: And he only stayed about twenty minutes. Man, he only stayed twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: And then whoa, he had to tie He was right on the timeline.
Speaker 1: Hey, I think lawyers are on the timeline. Because he was just like, oh, yeah, right, I gotta go, man, I gotta gotta go back over this case and finish, you know, lose, tie up some loose ends. I'm all right, cool man.
Speaker 2: Need me to look over a couple of things, Jim.
Speaker 1: And then the lightning strikes in Philadelphia, our weather delay, and that's when the guy with the cookies he packed up. He's like, I'm out of here. I'm out of here, taps us all and the guy's whose house it was, He looks exhausted because he had been in Cleveland the day before, flew back yesterday, and it's he's just yawning and like looking like he's about to pass out, and nobody is moving.
Speaker 2: I got to tell you finish this. But I gotta tell you, not having kids, we love looking at parents with kids and just how tired they're and you're like, oh.
Speaker 1: My gosh, look at these people.
Speaker 2: That guy looks take a dead man walking. Oh look at the chick. Look at the chick. She looks like she literally just bit his head off in the car.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, these people with kids.
Speaker 2: It's hilarious. What are he's saying?
Speaker 1: And I mean he's yawning, he's walking around like doing the eyes trying to keep him open, and.
Speaker 2: He's slapping himself.
Speaker 1: And I mean, come on, hey, dude, are you all right?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: I said, hey, dude, you tired?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, okay.
Speaker 2: Anybody got he slope skiing?
Speaker 1: No, nobody is moving. And I can tell this dude is just like itchy for us to leave his house. He is itching for us to get off his back patio, his screened in porch and get our asses home. We'll leave the light on because he is looking at his phone like and everybody, I mean people are loungd I mean people are laid back where they're you know, just like leaned back.
Speaker 2: Spread just chilling. Hey, your comfy mark.
Speaker 1: One dude pours himself another little neat glass of whiskey on number two, Yeah, number two, and he's just drinking it, just talking, and he's just like, man, when are you guys gonna leave my house?
Speaker 2: Also, the question is do a lot of these guys work from home? We ain't got jobs. We gotta be at in the morning. Uh. One guy, I don't know, because you can get away with a hangover at home typing on the computer. In person, it's tough to pull off a hangover.
Speaker 1: One guy there, he definitely he works from home. Love it. Uh. The other two dudes, I don't know what they do where they work. Gotta be working from home. The other guy I know does not work from home. He has meetings and he usually goes to work six am. So he goes hard, gets up early and works hard. And so finally the lightning delay and everything, they're like, it's gonna be another hour before we play some football.
Speaker 2: I'm out.
Speaker 1: And that's when I was like, all right, man, I think I'm gonna head out. And then that's when everybody's like yeah, I think I'm gonna head out. And that guy's house was like, thank god, guys, you guys have a good night, man, thank god.
Speaker 2: You guys aren't even off the patio the lights going on, and it's already out. And he's already I mean, he's already locked the door.
Speaker 1: You hear that? And I'm like, whoa, all right, man, sorry about that.
Speaker 2: I was curious because my one neighbor he sales. Yeah, he was so successful. He hasn't worked for a year and a half. Which what was he selling? That's that successful? And isn't drugs? Like what? And then my other neighbor, he's a stock trader, baser? Why is he just always around? Oh he does stocks. I mean the stock market's booming. To support a family, must be nice. Doesn't leave his house.
Speaker 1: I wish I had that life.
Speaker 2: Well maybe one am beating the pavement back to Nashville. Do you tell me he doesn't even pull out of the driveway. Hey, I mean mouth, you got in your car now, man? Two hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: Oh, we'll take a break, dude. And then so I went home and my wife's already asleep, kids are asleep, Hey, wake up, wake up? Dogs? Asleep, and I've got to make the tough decision do I stay up and watch the end of this game or do I go to bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, We've waited over two hundred days for this.
Speaker 1: Correct and it was my eliminator in most of my eliminator leagues, So I said, I'm staying up for this sucker.
Speaker 2: So why there was a weather delay? You know what I watched, and I have been watching a long time tennis. I watched US Open Tennis. Well, that wasn't the day, oh women's it was. It was today's the day Joker Alcatraz and then Tonight's Center I think is like the favorite by a landslide. But Joker in Alcaaz, Matt.
Speaker 1: Nay walk in, Oh dude, Osaka in whatever the other girl's name was.
Speaker 2: It was Jenna Soaka beat Soka.
Speaker 1: Whatever her name was. And they're getting mad at each other. The one girl takes her racket and starts smacking herself in the head with it, and after every point they're yelling at their cells and yelling at the people in their box like it's their fault. Like the people in your box, guys, they are not the one hitting the tennis ball. So when you hit it out of bounds. Don't look up and go why what's what was that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: You did that? They didn't do that. It's so weird. I don't watch much tennis, but why they yell at the people in their box so much?
Speaker 2: It's a bizarre sport. Why can the coaches not just be on there? Why are they not coaching them? Hey, watch for this, look for that. Instead they're up chilling having a drink in the stands.
Speaker 1: Eh, it's a great question I would have that.
Speaker 2: Why are they not on the baseline, Hey, you gotta get over a little bit, be a little bit quicker, and you'll be better. They're just chilling. They got their sunglasses on, hanging out, getting a tan. Guy's got his gold chain on. Is that your coach or your husband? Like? Who is that guy?
Speaker 1: Also, I'm not even sure, like if they're coaching from the up there, I don't even know if they're allowed to coach, if they're just allowed to say it's okay, good job you got this. I remember watching some tennis tournament, I don't know which one it was, but they weren't allowed to coach from up there. They weren't allowed to give them pointers which is so weird. What sport do you have where your coach can't help you during the game.
Speaker 2: It doesn't exist. I guess golf, but your caddy helps you. He's kind of like a coach. We just get set in our ways. Guys, get the coach on the baseline instead of in the crowd with one of those blue drinks and Moett Champagne.
Speaker 1: I was impressed at how many people were still there after midnight in New York watching the tennis like it was pretty there's the crowd. It wasn't completely full, but it was loud and a cheer umpire, thank you, thank you, thank you, you know, like telling us shut up. I watched tennis man I didn't stay up for the end of the match, but it went to a tiebreaker. In the second set, man Osaka hit like four in a row out of bounds. There's four nothing the other girl, And I mean it was a good match.
Speaker 2: They slapped the crap out of that tennis ball.
Speaker 1: They do. And another thing I find interesting is I think guys do it too. So they asked for three balls right when the ball by and they pick one, and they picked two and throw one out. It can't be very comfortable to run around with a tennis ball in your pocket.
Speaker 2: What a bizarre sport that the extra ones you just throw in your pocket, like give it back to the ball boy and then get one when you need one.
Speaker 1: Why do we have extra ones in our pockets?
Speaker 2: That can't be Like it seems so ridiculous and it's the stupidest thing, Like what a dumb thing to think about. Like, no one watching tennis is like, I can't believe they put in their pocket. But last time I kept going, Osaka was wearing like this dress skirt thing and she had like a pocket underneath the skirt flap and she'd put the extra tennis ball there, And I'm like that slap in your leg cannot be comfortable. And also tennis is all timing. And I don't know if they did it for years, but now they'll start. You know how you do overhand? No, you can actually serve underhand and guys will quick hit it. No. Yeah, it's awesome when they do it, but it's not respected in the sport. So it's one of those unwritten rules. Really don't do it. Yeah, they'll fake like they're going over the top and just baby hit it.
Speaker 1: Never seen it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did it the other day and the guy got so pissed that he did it. That's fantastic. It's all about timing. You wonder how they're hitting it so fast. They're all just in sync. That's why the beauty of the great players now are the ones that can dink it in there and it just barely goes over the net. Joker forever never was able to do it. He finally learned how to do it, but he's kind of getting phased out. It's Alcatraz and it's Center. It's their world. We're just living in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe I'll watch that today, but it was pretty cool. I watched tennis last night and I was actually entertained.
Speaker 2: It's one. Tennis and golf, counterintuitively, are the best sports to bet. They're so relaxing. Usually you're in the lead for a lot of it. It's not basketball where you're up five, Oh I won this bet, You go to the bathroom, you come back, they're down fifteen. What happened while I was in the John And then NFL football. Football's good, but if you get down like two or three touchdowns, it's like, well, we ain't coming back on this golf and tennis are beautiful to bet, not that I would know. It's been a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wouldn't know, because I don't even know. Do you bet just who wins? You bet matches points, sets? I don't know. I've never even looked at a tennis bet. Yeah, I don't know the line.
Speaker 2: But I would say now that we're narrowing down to Alcatraz and Joker.
Speaker 1: And Perugala lost. I don't know who that, but she lost, so we got we're down to the women's final.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying the lines are more even, so like that would be because usually they're such favorites. Even center tonight. He's got to be like minus three thousand. He's that good. So yeah, you'd bet the over under on however many sets there are rounds, whatever they're called.
Speaker 1: God, Yeah, it was entertaining the Cowboys game. It was entertaining. I gotta say. The Cowboys looked a lot better than I thought they were going to. They played a lot better than I thought they were going to. I thought they were gonna get blowed out of the water. I don't know how much you watched. I saw all the highlights you can pull up Twitter. I mean, Jalen Hurts didn't even have to throw the ball. He just ran the ball the whole time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his stat line NFL is weird now, he only had one hundred and fifty yards. Were there any interceptions?
Speaker 1: No, there was just one fumble by Miles Sanders besides that, and Dak looked pretty good. He made some good throws. I don't even think he threw for a lot of yards. George pickens that he did nothing, Thank you for that.
Speaker 2: AJ Brown. In our draft, everybody was like AJ Brown's in the third almost went to the fourth, and I was kind of kicking myself. I was like, dang it, should we have got AJ Brown? Thank god we did in one catch eight yards.
Speaker 1: He only had one target, dude, one target the end iron time.
Speaker 2: Thank god. Well, I was a little mad at myself. Guys, thank god, you don't need AJ Brown one target all night.
Speaker 1: One target for a guy.
Speaker 2: That's the second round fantasy pick.
Speaker 1: And ceedee Lamb three well, two drops the one. What was crazy is they had fourth and three, right, fourth and three?
Speaker 2: Is it the Superman one?
Speaker 1: And they throw this freaking bomb and ceed did Lamb lays out. I couldn't quite get it.
Speaker 2: That's how that's Cowboys. Man, fourth and three and you throw a bomb with the game on the line, just seems crazy.
Speaker 1: But he did drop a couple.
Speaker 2: Good game.
Speaker 1: Congrats Cowboys Eagles. They didn't look as dominant.
Speaker 2: He talked to Jerry for a second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jerry, what do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So, uh, that's how. That's how it's Cowboys. We covered the spread, didn't we Yes, you did that. The Cowboys will do We lost. Now we got the pass rush. We said with Micah leaving, we stopped the run? Did we stop the run? Ah?
Speaker 1: Not really?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean Jalen hurt scrambled. You didn't really do a good job of containing him, but you did contain Barkley. It only like sixty yards.
Speaker 2: Oh maybe we need to give Mica back. Stop that run up a little bit more. But lightning only a Cowboys game. That happens. Powerful team man, play for the star, not the name on your back, Jerry Jones. Out go Cowboys. Watch the documentary. Check it out on HBO. Nine part series about Me and the Oil Rig Jared Jones.
Speaker 1: My dad says that's a good series. He started watching. He's enjoying it, and my dad doesn't enjoy any TV.
Speaker 2: I've heard that it makes you respect Jerry just what he built. I mean it was just a shot in the dark, used all his savings, got the oil rig, sprung the leak, bought a team. He's a powerful, powerful man, but the same stronghand that he had back then he doesn't have anymore. I mean he's playing hardball with Michael Parsons, the best in the sport. I did a hay and shake deal back in April. Mikey, you remember that. No, you don't go to Green Bay. We'll see you later. Thanks, Michaeh.
Speaker 1: We'll take a break. We'll right back now right. I mean, this is it. You're right for some locks, dude, I listen.
Speaker 2: I don't even know the sites to go for a lock.
Speaker 1: What where do you see betting lines, DraftKings? Okay, yeah, you just open it up and it's really easy. I mean, chiefs, chargers and I I don't even know. I don't have YouTube TV, so does that mean I can't watch it.
Speaker 2: I'll give you some sites, okay, even though no, no, that one got shut down. Stream East they busted two dudes in Egypt. Stream East is dead, but got about ten others. You can go to. I'm not really a big fan of doing the illegal streaming. No, no, I don't do it. I've just heard there's other ones you can go to.
Speaker 1: Okay, look, guys, there's a lot of great games this week, a lot of great games.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna start in New Orleans. The Arizona Cardinals are going to New Orleans. Let me tell you the New Orleans Saints.
Speaker 1: They drafted this Tyler, slow guy to be their quarterback in the second round, the future, the future, and he couldn't even beat out Spencer Rattler. Rattler's good.
Speaker 2: Ratler could run that boy got wheels. Boy, Spencer Rattler can't do craft. I watched him last year play in the NFL. He wasn't good. Give me the Arizona Cardinals to blow out the New Orleans Saints minus six and a half.
Speaker 1: Take it to the bank.
Speaker 2: See, Oh, you want to go down to Jacksonville. Now Jacksonville so beaches down there is he? He works there at a hotel chain. Oh he moved.
Speaker 1: I thought he lived up in Indianda.
Speaker 2: He lived in at Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's in Ohio.
Speaker 2: Inside joke. It was a two year job. He's out in Jacksonville.
Speaker 1: Now, okay, well tell him if he wants to make some money. This weekend, they're playing the Cara Lina Panthers, and oh yeah, Jacksonville sucked last year. They absolutely sucked. But guess who sucked worse. Cara Lina sucked worse. Trevor Lawrence has got a little in Koham. Whoever was coaching Baker Mayfield last year, He's got him on the sidelines. He's gonna have some.
Speaker 2: Fun with Trevor Lawrence and Brian Thomas and Travis Etti.
Speaker 1: En, please please give it to at d End, please, please, please, So you're gonna give me the Jacksonville Jaguars minus three and a half take it to the bank.
Speaker 2: And then last, but not least, guys, the Denver Broncos are going to annihilate the Tennessee Titans. Dupe.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, cam Ward, you may be good, you may be the future.
Speaker 2: To listen to music and his headphones, it's just silence.
Speaker 1: Oh I thought he was listening to us. But cam Ward going up against that defense start at his first NFL start, he is going to be thoroughly, thoroughly confused. Give me the Broncos minus eight and a half. Take it to the bank. Bank. That's it. That's what you need, that's what that's how you make money this weekend.
Speaker 2: Can I give you a tennis lock?
Speaker 1: Yeah, give me a tennis lock, man.
Speaker 2: I believe starting the tournament, Center was plus something. It was one mid ones, so you'd put you know, it was a good return. Now it's even money or less than. He's still the favorite over Alcatraz. Joker would be the upset. You guys. It's this afternoon. You might not even get this podcast before then. But tonight Center plays a scrub and then Sunday Center plays probably Alcatraz at the US Open in New York City, the matinee during NFL football, so you'll actually be watching football. So I'm giving you a lock of something you won't even be watching Center. The guy got busted for drugs, took three months off, won a tournament. The drugs are maybe still in his system, allegedly takes Center. He is powerful. They call him like the red Fox.
Speaker 1: You're giving out a minus twenty five hundred favorite.
Speaker 2: No, No, he's got to he'll win tonight, but then when he plays Alcatraz, it'll probably be even money. H it'll be like minus one. Okay, so futures if you will, so you can even bet it on Sunday. But Center to win the US Open and.
Speaker 1: He's minus one sixty to win it all.
Speaker 2: What is my saying, uh, lock the chastity belt or what what is it that I say? Knock it out? QUINSHAWNA. Judkins, lock it up. We dropped the dude for the Browns, Quinshawn Judkins. He's in jail. He had an ankle monitor, orange jumpsuit. The guy's not even on an NFL team and he was on our fantasy team. We have dropped him. We put him out to pasture.
Speaker 1: Hey, enjoy it, Hey guys, have a great weekend. Enjoy the NFL college football. I mean every spread is like five hundred points this weekend. Enjoy that Michigan Oklahoma is the only game of the top twenty five. Besides that, it's a bunch of crapfest crap on poop. So enjoy it. Have a good weekend. We'll see you Monday. Ray, Happy birthday weekend, say your birthday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's today and we're shooting for uneventful. Now that we're forty, we're mature. We have stars.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday to Ray, we have old fashions, Happy birthday to Ray.
Speaker 2: We have deep conversations. We talk about four to one.
Speaker 3: K's Happy birthday too, and we cheers to another year of life.
Speaker 2: Because we're not guaranteed these so it'll probably be uneventful when I report back on Monday, or will it? Ray?
Speaker 1: That is a hell of a tea. Way to tease it, dude, Way to tease it.
Speaker 2: Way.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's a great tease, dude.
Speaker 2: I mean the whole day in time, I thought we were doing the podcast yesterday. Wanted me to celebrate my birthday and then you would had some appointment, So I thought we were moving everything up a day, and then I was thrown Man, the whole time, I thought you were shifting podcasts for my birthday.
Speaker 1: That's my fault, dude. I thought you wanted to do one on your birthday so I could sing Happy birthday Rays.
Speaker 2: Like when Justin textas about golf and we thought it was about us. It was about his birthday.
Speaker 1: It was about him. Man that saw Hey, Justin, that's on me, Man, that's on me. That is that's on me. Man's his birthday. That's that's our fault, man, I apologize.
Speaker 2: Nobody texts it back.
Speaker 1: No, we were just like, yeah, justin, that's a great idea. Man, you planned something for our birthday, like for Dodd's birthday. I'm so glad you're you're planning Dodd's birthday celebration. Never crossed my mind that it was about him. Never. That's on me. That's on me.
Speaker 2: In attendance at the birthday and you what, stay tuned and maybe for birthday present, Baser gets me stanchion guy.
Speaker 1: That would be awesome.
Speaker 2: Hey, let's get these stanchions up here. Guys. I know there's only four people here, but let's get these stanchions. Let's get you guys away from everybody else. Hey, give me a couple of those stanchions. Yeah, let's clear it out here.