Speaker 1: It's up, then us up, then us up then stuck?
Speaker 2: Are you do you sing that song a lot? You sing a lot of Cardi beers.
Speaker 1: Your kids are constantly singing cardios.
Speaker 2: My kids love Wap Dude, My kid loves Wap. My kid loves Bowdagg Yellow. He gave me he will he want? That was such a fun.
Speaker 1: Man, that was Ah, they're talking about kissing or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Man, Just leave me alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, her? What is a lake? Nothing?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 2: Nothing? Hello the Internet, and welcome to season four twelve, Episode five of Dirt.
Speaker 1: Alleys.
Speaker 2: Guys, Yeah, what's a production of iHeart Radio.
Speaker 1: It's a podcast where you take a deep dive into America's share consciousness, which is particularly.
Speaker 3: Scoopy, scoopy spoop, scoopy too, scoopy two? Where are you covered in freaking cobwebs? Dude in here? Fuck yeah, spiders and shit.
Speaker 1: Yep. Friday October thirty first, Yeah, Happy Halloween, Happy Halloween. Are there any other national international days that there are?
Speaker 2: And actually I'm gonna call them out because fuck you for even trying to claim October thirty f the fucking doorbell company new Tone paid for it to be national Doorbell Day, Get the fuck out of here. I guess guess trick or treating, but.
Speaker 1: It ties there's a tie in.
Speaker 2: Okay, how about this one, Jack National Breadstick Day?
Speaker 1: Now, this one, I'll give them trying to make it a thing. Are they trying to be like, why candy? Why not breadstick?
Speaker 2: It's actually just the last Friday on October, So they didn't explicitly go for the thirty first October. Thirty first is Girl Scout Founder's Day, which I guess maybe it's probably tied to something significant. I give the National magic Knock Knock Jokes. Frankenstein Friday. Yeah, dude, not for Frankenstein Friday. Hey, in this house, it's franken Stey Friday. Every Frida.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. We will not be saying Halloween. My name's Jack O'Brien aka. And so I threw some rocks at this house one time. Then all these big kids came out, Well, they came outside and said.
Speaker 2: Hey, you want head or gut?
Speaker 1: And they said hey or gut, Hey gud They said, hey you want head or gut? That one courtesy a First Blood five twenty two on the discord. Yeah, in reference to my when when I figured out my whole shit, it was like, you know, I was faced with a moment of truth, a bully asking me head er gut, and I figured out what my response was to fighter flight, and I started crying until his sister said, oh, let him go, and then.
Speaker 2: The rest and then she punched you. She beat the ship one out of mine step aside this. Oh we got a little baby tonight.
Speaker 1: That was a few years ago, and I feel like I've grown a lot.
Speaker 2: So yeah, man, hey for hard time for you.
Speaker 1: The late twenties was tough. Uh. Thrilled to be joined as always buy my co host, mister Miles gra Hey, Man, it's spooky as hell.
Speaker 2: It's spooky in LA. It's spooky Everywhere's Halloween. Happy Halloween as Miles Gray a Kay Gray, Biles or Miles Decay. Okay, that's my thank you.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Miles Decay. Is that's fucked up?
Speaker 1: That one's got? I don't like the dang the hour, Yeah.
Speaker 2: It does, it does anyway, shotowt no clue on the discord for that one.
Speaker 1: Miles were thrilled to be joined in our third seat once again by a talented actress and writer. Who's where you know from? I don't know, Netflix, HBO, Max, DC, Comics, A couple of small places. Welcome back to the brilliant, the talented Danny Fernande.
Speaker 4: Done Fernandez or you know how the at the Dodgers games they keep doing Nonna Charge No, yes, that, but I mean, like the way that they're leading into it is like the the.
Speaker 2: The organist definitely tastes liberties to like sometimes you get that and then yeah, sometimes you get Jurassic Park into.
Speaker 4: Like obsessed with that. They're like throwing in They're throwing in all the curves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're doing they're doing K pop Demon Hunters for a show. Hey, Golden is leading into his at Beth. Dude, the way my kid his ears parked up. What the He's like, Yo, what what's this sound?
Speaker 2: I know this sound. I'm like, that's this Golden Child.
Speaker 1: It's Golden, y'all.
Speaker 4: I'm going as dirty.
Speaker 1: The We're just talking about that on trending yesterday. That dirty is a top six costume.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know that the Tiger was called dirty.
Speaker 4: I know, I thought everybody was doing the hang on, I'll show you look at.
Speaker 2: That, Okay.
Speaker 4: I know, like the Yeah, I brought the potted plant.
Speaker 1: That is the that is like the thinking person's demon hunter's costume because like the we were talking about the Google freight geist there like trending Halloween costumes list, and like one through five is just you know.
Speaker 4: Mirror, and y'all aren't thinking about the tiger with the potted plant doing not number eight. I identified it too. It's like clearly the college girl version.
Speaker 2: Body.
Speaker 1: I didn't know the level of difficult on danifying that one. You know, there's so so many easier ones to danify, and that that one that's you gotta have.
Speaker 2: You gotta have the vision, you gotta yeah, you gotta see.
Speaker 4: There's like the basic sexy cat that all the girls do, but no, the pot of plant please. That was very hold on. That was very hard to hold on to with my phone all night. I'm sure doone had to drink and I had this like cac die like we're people getting it, We're no, no, oh my god, the part that's why I'm doing it again. So I wore this last because you know, a bunch of people had their Halloween parties last weekend. Nobody appreciated it. Yeah, In fact, a lot of people thought I was the ches the cheshire cat.
Speaker 1: Which there's a similarity there is. There is a is a riff on the cheshire cat.
Speaker 4: That's true, that's true, very true. But even the parents, I was like, surely you. I was like trying to find parents at the party.
Speaker 1: You know, at a party, You're like, hey, do you have any pictures of your kids and boring stories that.
Speaker 2: You get to in your sexy Halloween costume? Go, hey, are you a parent?
Speaker 1: Tell me?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm going for. It's wonderful to have you.
Speaker 1: Back, Danny. We are going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of the things that we're talking about today. We got one non Halloween story which spooky Tho spooky spooky Trump has decided to bring back nuclear weapon testing gave us some of our great movie monsters, So in that way, it is a Halloween story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he kills us with Dredge.
Speaker 1: Yes. We also have a story about Donald Trump's childhood home, which is on the market and sounds like a true haunted house nightmare. So we'll talk about that, and then we will talk about clowns. The clowns are back. Scary clowns are back with the HBO Welcome to Dairy launch that they had a less spooky viral marketing campaign with Pennywise, just like showing up in various places, but it was like that they did it official, as opposed to twenty sixteen, when like just scary clowns started showing up all over the place and people assumed that it was marketing for the It movie, but the movie denied that it was, which was smart of them. But we're going to talk about that and then just like why why clown's so scary you guys, Danny, are you scared of clowns?
Speaker 4: No, but my dad was. I don't like my dad, so that's like fun, so like yeah, absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: Somebody gave my brother like a clown lamp, which is a choice, yeah, to give to a child for their birthday. It was like a like a clown that's like holding up the lamp. You know. My dad immediately put it in the closet. Immediately, it was like absolutely, get it out of here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I know that my dad scared me as a child, and now I can scare him as an adult.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go. Yeah, they thought that it was going to be more inherited fears from older people since clowns have like gone away mainly in pop culture rather than But it's that that was actually one of the lesser reasons that people are scared of clowns. So we'll get into it. I would say we talked to yesterday about the most common Halloween costume that I see at our house where we get thousands of trigger treaters, which is the screen mask, and it's hold over the zeitgeist and America share consciousness. I will say clowns are also way up there, and it's not like specific, It's not like, oh, this year it came out, and so we get a lot of anyway, scary clowns are just constant.
Speaker 4: Is anyone cute? Oh and that's also scary too when the clowns, well, it is.
Speaker 1: A lot of i'd say both scream and like killer scary clowns run the gamut from like three up to you know adults. Yeah, a lot of baby scream.
Speaker 4: Babys, ghost face.
Speaker 1: Does anyone pitch Wu Tang babies? By the way, I feel like a muppet Baby's treatment of Wu Tang babies.
Speaker 2: Oh wodang baby ghost face there. Yeah, Staten Island, flue tang babies, all.
Speaker 1: That, plenty more. But first, Danny, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I love this. So the last thing that I looked up was actually listened to it this morning. It was best case scenario meditation. I think everyone needs to be listening to this, but you can find like it's just on YouTube, like instead of my family, and I feel like a lot of like my mom and her mom and like they're all worst case scenario like literally constantly. Yeah, And I don't know, I feel that's really hard to manifest. They like if I'm trying to stay delusional, if I'm trying to stay in my delusion here in the industry in Los.
Speaker 1: Angeles delusions as we do out here in LA.
Speaker 4: I literally listen and yeah, I sent it to two of my friends too. I'm like, just listen to this every day, y'all. Everyone listening best case scenario instead, whether you're doing a job interview, or I don't know, just.
Speaker 2: To give yourself going on a date, just to take out the negative vote. Look, I'm a master. I should go as roomy actually for Halloween, but only because I ruminate constantly and I'm trying to work on that.
Speaker 1: Whether she was named that because she does a lot of rubination herself, I doubt it.
Speaker 4: I feel there's probably like a cultural thing we're totally missing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's probably more to do with Thickrean language. But yeah, yeah, it's funny too. I'm such a worst case scenario person. Thanks Grandma. Straight line from my dad's mother directly into my brain because she was like a gold medal like worst case scenario person. Like she could look at a plastic spoon and somehow the house was going to burn down because that spoon was out, and you're like, I don't, yeah, Grandma, who knows what happens with that thing? But yeah, my dad was a.
Speaker 1: Real optimist, and I think that. I like, it's really a your fuck no matter what parenting situation. Because then I was like, so I need to hold up my end by imagining the worst case scenario exactly, So I need to assume that you know this is always going to go badly, But.
Speaker 2: You're also worst case Danny.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not. I had a trained. I have OCD, like I was clinically diagnosed. I know everyone says they have OCD, but I actually have OCD, which means I have like looping thoughts. So I have to go back to the best case scenario. It's very helpful, and it's helpful nowadays. And I'm just like a big believer in what the reality that you create, Like it's basically confirmation bias. If I think everyone is shitty, that's kind of what's going to be shown to me as I yeah, yeah, so so.
Speaker 1: And these meditations are do they have like specific what like uh, normal day job interview.
Speaker 4: No, it's just you can probably you can find like a job interview one, but I just literally the one I listened to is like eleven minutes. I'll like listen to it when I'm putting on my makeup or something or going out. I'm just like trying to I don't know. I feel like constantly, I feel like being alive in twenty twenty five is very triggering.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's plenty on its own. We don't need our brains like ganging up on those too.
Speaker 4: But also just like being on social media and seeing like you're constantly ingesting so much that I just want to undo it.
Speaker 2: Yeah I can't. I'm like, I don't know, I've probably said this on MIC or maybe not, but I've just been I've been using Instagram so much more, and I'm like this, something is wrong with me that like now I've put the locks on it and shit, because I yeah, i can feel it coinciding with something else that I'm like I've yet to address for whatever reason.
Speaker 4: But myles, I've been deleting mine. I'll post something, i literally delete it, like for the week.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 4: But then I'll come back and like everybody has written me stuff and whatever. But I'm still like, it feels so much better. I'm you know what, I'm manifesting. Y'all will see this. I am manifesting me not needing it. One day I'm going to be I'm just gonna be off of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah they're still used to not be there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I will be more alive than ever.
Speaker 1: I noticed myself. I left my bedroom without my phone and like was like, well this feels weird, like just that that's bad.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, when I walk my kid to school, I leave the phone back a lot of the times.
Speaker 1: Smart. Yeah, I need to build that more into my days.
Speaker 2: I have, like I have a watch like an Apple, so if I if I need to get a hold of someone, I can do that. But I'm like the I just like we're walking around, We're looking at trees and ship.
Speaker 1: And it's you know how the olden days were well a pairent. My kids using AI so that's tricky for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cutting it? What Danny is?
Speaker 1: Something you think is underrated?
Speaker 4: Underrated?
Speaker 1: Y'all?
Speaker 4: Speaking tis this season? I am obsessed with the Monster Mash. I know it's like super old waits Okay. They just announced that they're making a movie Mirra Max is making an animated movie about the Monster Mash. I think people are like why, Okay? Can I say it does not get the credit that it deserves. I feel during this time everyone's listening to like Thriller, which I'm also obsessed with, but or like the soundtrack from A Nightmare Without Christmas but the Monster.
Speaker 2: Or before Christmas? Sorry what did I say without Christmas?
Speaker 4: The Nightmare before Christmas?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sorry? My kid likes to do the part. He says, take off my head.
Speaker 4: But like all the voices when they come in, he's like I was working in the law, Like, that's my favorite.
Speaker 1: Did they know they were creating like a giant piece of pop culture at that time, Like the the bubbling, like the person was making the bubbling right like fucking.
Speaker 4: And all the all the background dancers that are like.
Speaker 1: A nailing it.
Speaker 4: And so my niece and nephew at the end, at the end, it's one of my favorite things. I'll go around the house my niece to my niece and nephew, I'll be like, ooh, marsh food because that's what he says at the end, and I'm just like, it's so oh good, all the voices in it. So y'all will walk around now and you'll hear him say that at the end.
Speaker 2: I don't think I ever get past to it was the Monster. I think I've heard it all.
Speaker 1: Do you ever really get the thing where you put it on and then whatever streaming platform you're using starts playing you other songs from that artist person, and it's like, oh, they knew They've been spending the rest of their life trying to recapture that match.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Monster, it's like an easter one or something.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, that's we We actually had that with the Purple people. Lead. My son seven year old just came in, was like, what is a Purple People leader? Oh?
Speaker 2: Likes the song?
Speaker 1: We played it and then we like the song that played automatically afterwards was another song by them that like just did not hit.
Speaker 4: It was one hit wonder.
Speaker 1: Yeah it sucked.
Speaker 2: Wait didn't we do a one year about how like he really tried to do it? There's like the Monster rap. They were like really swinging for the fences after that, and they're like, nah, bro, the think the Transylvania twist?
Speaker 4: Yes, what if it happened too much? Trying to Lena twists?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: You know you know the lore?
Speaker 4: Oh who y'all should be I'm sure it's like playing in your house or something, but it's playing when I'm like carding pumpkins or something.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, no, I that makes sense. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Halloween playlists that you know I put on for trigger treaders. You got the Thriller, you got the Somebody's Watching Me, and then like the House you know music.
Speaker 4: Love Potion number nine, they throw in random. I'm like, yeah that could count.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess that's fun.
Speaker 2: The house music version of Spooky Scary Skeletons.
Speaker 1: So scary skeletons that I remember before.
Speaker 2: You asked me if I heard that song and I said no, and he's like, you're gonna have a kid and you will know that song eventually. And now I'm there and like I heard the original one. It was too slow. I'm like, Bro, this just sucks.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: Give me the fucking four on the floor. Fucking it, bro.
Speaker 1: And they killed it with that one. Also, just when we're talking about the Monster Mash, there's Nick Wager from Doe Boys. Every year or two goes on comedy Bang Bang and does a character who is the I think son of or like related to the original creator and keeps pitching like he's got he's got a new song, a new version of the Monster Mash. And it's always the same. You have to I'm not going to say any more than that, but it's worth checking out. What is something, Danny that you think is overrated?
Speaker 4: Overrated? Is buying a dog? Like dog breeding? How are we still doing this in twenty twenty five. I wanted to say that I have a new foster, Luna, who she's gonna pop on camera real quick.
Speaker 2: She's just bringing the dogging.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, she's so cute here. Let me see, isn't she just?
Speaker 1: Is that a.
Speaker 2: Sorry? The strap had me.
Speaker 3: Get months old.
Speaker 4: She's a little shy right now, mainly because I just handed her.
Speaker 2: Past, right, She's like, I don't yeah, sorry, so a couple of guys with a podcast, I'll turn my camera.
Speaker 4: I just got her like two days ago. I'm fostering her. She's available through Pups without Borders border everyone. Yeah, they stop stop breeding dogs. They're all of our shelters here in l A are over capacity.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And she's so sweet. Yeah, yeah, so you could. You can find her on my you can find her on Post without Borders, but also on my account. I've been posting just the cutest. She took an adorable bath and just looked like a kangaroo. Honestly, she's like part dinga wow, like American dingo, which is the dog in Prey. I guess because they're like they wanted an animal that was indigenous, like to America.
Speaker 1: So oh the movie Prey.
Speaker 2: The yeah, or that's so funny you mentioned fostering. I I went outside to walk my dog and this dude was out in like near the front of my house and was like, hey, David and I was like nah, and I kept I kept him moving. He's like, hey, so it's me Matt. Is this it? And was like I was like what the I'm like, well, I said wait, bro, what and he's like the dog? Is this the dog? And I'm like, yeah, this is my dog. He's like yeah, I saw I'm here. And I was like, Buddy, I'm like, who are you looking for? And then he said the name get in my house. That's not me.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'd say David.
Speaker 2: And then my fucking neighbor comes out and he apparently he was fostering a dog, a black dog like mine. And then I was like, oh, okay, bro, I thought. I was like you have to fight or something. I didn't know what you were trying to.
Speaker 4: Guy coming by, like yo, you got it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What am I holding? That's not anymore. I don't have that on me right now.
Speaker 1: We will accept Luna as a Halloween story also because Luna is Moon and Moon is spooky.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I feel like that would be good enough for like a song about the moon would make it onto a Halloween playlist like towards the end, amazing, all right, thrilled to have you here, Danny. We're going to take a quick break and then we're going to come back and talk about the spooky a subject of all nuclear weapons testing. We'll be right back, and we're back, And just another reason maybe why it's not great to have a dementia riddle sociopath in charge. Donald Trump has ordered the Pentagon to immediately resumed testing nuclear weapons for the first time in thirty three years. Yeah, the famously chill Pentagon has managed to hold off on nuclear testing for the past thirty three years, which very unlike them. I've got to say, He's like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, put a knife in it and then whatever comes out, rub it on your gums and let me know what it is. Like, That's not how you test a nuclear weapons.
Speaker 1: But he you know, he's just trying to keep up with Russia and China obviously, which this was like right before his meeting. Was she jimping? And so it makes a sort of sense until you realize that Russia and China have also not tested nuclear weapons since the nineties, and so what the fuck are you even talking about?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well again it's a pathetic dick measuring contest.
Speaker 4: What this is one that we all lose, right, you know what?
Speaker 2: I mean, because like even the announcement that was right before he was meeting with Shi Jianping like to be like, yeah, so just so you know, I'm coming into this saying we're just doing tasting thing on me, even though based on well our research show is no no no no no no no no no no, it's a it's fun guy, technically, is what the doc the roologis told me.
Speaker 4: Anytime I think, yeah, anytime someone talks about the dick energy or whatever, I always think of that. I'm sorry to haunt y'all, but it is a haunting episode. That photo of him where he's like being spray tanned and nude. Don't know what I'm talking about. You can see everything, mate, Okay, don't google it.
Speaker 2: Violence I'm not this. I can already imagine. I've already seen numerous renderings of his nude body. Thinks that South Park, Well, this is a real one. It's not Ai.
Speaker 4: He's not all ripped and has Jesus behind him with his hand on his show.
Speaker 1: He's not Master Chief from Halo, and Jesus is not doing the spray tanning. But then I saw the wrong.
Speaker 4: Image, my favorite one, which is not Ai, which is so funny. We have to like document. My favorite is the guy that's like shooting up Heroin and Jesus is behind him.
Speaker 2: Like you didn't get that Jesus was shooting skag bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean one of the one of the skills that God gave him, like really the powers that he had. And I am capitalizing he when I say that the ability to, according to that painting, take take Heroin for for people and also turn water to wine. This guy loved to get fucked up, you know, essentially the.
Speaker 2: You think he was hiding behind his savior role to be like, well, dude, I got to do this guy's heroin man, and it's like I don't know Jesus.
Speaker 1: Being done, Dude, I don't have a lot of time.
Speaker 2: Can you find a fucking vain? I need to go turn some multiply some bread and fish.
Speaker 4: Does it work for other addictions like porn that's insane.
Speaker 1: Jacking people off, or he's putting in a minding place so they're jacking Jesus step.
Speaker 2: Beside, so the Lord may goon on your our behalf vicariously gooning through him.
Speaker 1: That's a really good question. Does it work for porn addiction, and where is that painting?
Speaker 4: Where is that? I'm sure it exists. Jack, you know it does.
Speaker 2: You're saying as if he owns it. Jack, you know it does.
Speaker 1: It's behind me. Yeah, it's behind me, isn't it. H Victor pointed out that the in that painting, the lore behind that painting is, of course that Jesus had turned water to heroin before before that guy shot it. Yeah, Jesus. Uhclepocalypse, nuclear apocaly APOCALYI now it's probably just apocalypses are having a bit of a moment with the latest Catherine big Low movie driving on Netflix called House of Dynamite that I have heard is not that good. But but they did say it's realistic. Is the thing that scares me.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's why people didn't. I heard it was good, but mixed things. Okay, so I got the other mix right right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's yeah, it sounds like it would be very stressful, and it's like, just what what would happen in a I think it also presupposes Ah, it's like what if what if a nuclear crisis? What if a nuclear warhead got launched to the US during the Obama administration is essentially what the premise of the movie is and it's like, how how do you depict what would happen if it was Trump? It would be impossible. But yeah, this return to testing the nuclear weapons, which is a ecological catastrophe, bad for people's health, that for the environment, like to terrible to the point for global stability, but really bad for global stability.
Speaker 4: Well, where where is it? Does it say where they're doing it?
Speaker 1: No, it was just has like and like, we're going to start immediately. I think they have to technically do it underground like that. That's one thing that they've said, like, you can't test nuclear weapons anywhere, but i'n just testing. Yeah, but this is all because Russia tested a nuclear powered cruise missile on October twenty first, and people are assuming that he saw that and took it to mean that they tested a actual nuclear weapon that like used nuclear fission.
Speaker 2: To know that the propulsion system is using nuclear No, that's a they want the a bomb. Huh Okay, yeah, we can do that. I mean that's the other thing too, is like he said it's like to do nuclear testing like in kind or something, or proportionate testing. So it's not it's not him being like all right, start like time to start sending up some mushroom clouds over the ocean. But it's more like, whatever you guys do, we can do it too, because he's not fully committing to it. But I think it's still very dangerous to even make this announcement.
Speaker 1: We stopped in ninety two, friends stopped in ninety six trying to Russia aren't known to have conducted tests since the nineties. Only North Korea. Yeah, and we're basically North Korea on a grand scale.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, A shame he didn't get to meet him.
Speaker 4: These are just like currently vague warnings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just him bragging, Yeah, but also feels like the sort of shit that he's going to do.
Speaker 2: Well. This is also the thing too because as with the situation Ukraine and like the talk of Tomahawk missiles being like sent to Ukraine, that's been a huge thing for Putin to be like a, well, I've got nuclear weapons and he's doing that whole thing right now, to be like, don't arm the Ukrainians because I will use or you know, he's pump faking it, so Trump naturally he's he's having to respond because it's quote testing on an equal basis is what the actual announcement is. And then again he's meeting with you know, She of China and he has a whole like so right before that, he's like, say it right before I meet him. And then when I meet him, I'm going to be confused and know where to go on stage after I take his hand. I don't know if you saw that clip again.
Speaker 1: Another one they're shaking hands.
Speaker 2: Another one they're shaking hands and fucking she looks like he his face is so clear, like this motherfucker like it's not it's you can you already know? He's like, brough, I don't. This motherfucker is exhausting and dumb. And then afterwards he's like, Trump's like, where do we go? And there like, oh the other off the stage from where you got on.
Speaker 1: Is there a crown or something that you want to give me?
Speaker 2: No, that that already happened.
Speaker 1: You already got your glowing ord.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, all right.
Speaker 1: Let's talk haunted houses, specifically Donald Trump's various houses. I think the house we're talking about might be the one from his childhood where he was caught throwing rocks at a baby. Okay, so, but couple news story.
Speaker 2: Or is that's something he admitted in a book or something.
Speaker 1: It's in a book, It wasn't his. It was like in a book about Trump. A journalist went back and like interviewed as former neighbors as you do with like a serial killer, to be like, and they always yeah what one mom was like, yeah, funny story about that. I remember, you know, had my baby in the playpen in the backyard and went inside. Baby started wailing, came back, came outside, and a child Donald Trump was throwing rocks at the baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a roughly five year old Donald Trump is throwing rocks at the cribs. She said. I guess you can allow that maybe initially he didn't realize that there was a baby there. I don't know, right. This is from Maggie Haberman's book. They came out a while.
Speaker 1: Back throwing rocks at a baby. So the White House, first of all, is supposedly full of ghosts, which would make total sense.
Speaker 2: Why the karma is so good in that every decision been made in there.
Speaker 1: Fine, yes, built by slaves, full of some of the people.
Speaker 2: Just some slave labor, right, okay.
Speaker 1: Which usually fine usually doesn't haunt Southern plantation houses. Or anything like that.
Speaker 2: No, No, that randomly burned down.
Speaker 1: And then like some of the greatest mass murders of all time have lived in them in the house yeah or visited Yeah, true, true at the time that they ordered the killing of you know, probably a total of millions of people at this point. Definitely, because I mean George W. Bush lived there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Can I tell you all, I have been like, I'm so not into the White House, but i am so into haunted houses. I've been to so many of them. Yeah, like they're historically one of them. Yeah. One of them, which actually wrote a paper about in college, is the Whaley House in San Diego. So the Whaley House is one of the most travel channels. Like most haunted houses, it was a it's a billion different things, but it was like a courthouse. So that's why because when people would be convicted, they would hang them like in the back.
Speaker 2: But it was also a hanging area.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and there's a graveyard, not like anyone. Oh here's the thing. Here's the thing y'all should know because I was in fourth grade in San Diego and they take you there as a field trip. So like everybody in San Diego knows this house because you go there. But Regis Filman actually spent the night there in the sixties and he said that he saw this was like obviously before he was who he was, and he I think he was just a reporter at the time, but he said he saw a woman crawl up the wall.
Speaker 1: Jesus there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it is U saw wall.
Speaker 1: This was the hold.
Speaker 2: This is in the sixties in California.
Speaker 4: I'll get a shut up, Miles. Also see.
Speaker 1: What else.
Speaker 2: It's like my mother screamed, blood.
Speaker 4: Excuse me. It's one of Travel Channel's most haunted houses. I've been there countless times. So that's an old town San Diego. I here's one thing I will tell you. I went there with my cousins one time and we were trying to take photos in the courthouse. So it's a courthouse. It's also the oldest theater. That's why they take a lot of kids there. It's the oldest theater in San Diego. It was basically an entrepreneur that used that built this big big quotes because not considered big now, but like and he rented out different rooms or he had like a pharmacy there. He had a courthouse there, he had a theater there in the house, and so we were trying to take pictures and her camera would snap a photo, scramble and then not take it. It was so wild on our phones it would like snap, I swear. So it is very creepy. It very You spend the night there, Miles and report back to us.
Speaker 1: And take a lot of hallucinogens too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'll eat an eighth the mushrooms. I'd be like, yeah, I'll be right, I'll be right.
Speaker 1: Anyways, the house that we're talking about is in Jamaica, States Queens. It's about to go back on the market, so this is actually more about a really interesting real estate opportunity for zek. It was purchased last year for eighty three or eight hundred and thirty five thousand dollars, steep loss from the two point one four million it sold for in twenty seventeen, and Trump claimed he was going to buy it back, but it seems to be bullshit. The person who bought it at first tried to make it a like a historic thing, kind of like there's just a Trump cut out in one of the rooms, just like a life sized stand up Trump cut out, which seems like it was designed to manufacture Trump scares. Yeah, right, Have you ever had one of those in your house? Like I had one of those. My college roommate had one, and like no less than like three times walking around in the middle of the night in the dark, and you just like you have the feeling out of your peripher You're like, holy shit, Like it's just get Michael Jordans snuck back into my heart.
Speaker 2: It's the paper one. Thank god.
Speaker 1: The owner also put up a plaque in one bedroom commemorating the first time Fred and Mary Trump fucking conceived Donald Trump. What is it in this bedroom? President Donald J. Trump was likely conceived by his parents, Fred and Mary Trump. The world has never been the same, so that that airbnb scam didn't last. The house ended up being virtually abandoned and the neighbors complaint of flooding, power outages, pests, burglary scares, and overrun with feral cats. So like it's become a legit haunted house.
Speaker 4: I'm obsessed that it's like all the plagues too, It's like flooding pet focused with him. Yeah, first, Carn's so funny quote.
Speaker 1: It looked like an abandoned haunted home. One neighbor complained, and so the ghost hunter industry, you know, their ears perked up. So some amateur ghost hunters published an account of their stay on Mashable, noting their ghost detecting apps all found aggravated levels of the MF field electromagnetic field in the kitchen, in the dining room, and by the downstairs toilet.
Speaker 2: I believe that it was out the one Trump used.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to assume we've heard him complain about toilets not being able to handle his shit, and we've seen that he stores like boxes and boxes of documents across from his toilet, so we have to assume that, you know, he has some pretty haunting experiences in those rooms.
Speaker 4: The thing those walls have seen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, smelled.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then they went to a Wiji board and claimed to have contacted a right wing spirit named f W whose main features seemed to be horniness. It took almost an hour before a real spirit joined us at the Wiji board and reader he was the worst. The spirit who told us he went by the nickname f W. Cool. Nickname was a kind of alt right milo Yanopolis irony bro demon. After asking us, are you single, he replied that he was not. He told us that he loved Trump and that he had no message He wanted to communicate with the living outside of pussy.
Speaker 4: The people using that border, dicked, Who did you do this with? Was it like one of your coworkers that like kind of has a crush on you alongside dropping hints?
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: They were then contacted by the ghost of John Baron Trump, which John Baron is the nickname or the pseudonym that Trump uses for his fake publicist, and the ghosts claimed to be Trump's secret dead brother who now resides in the fridge. He also was so like slimmer slimer energy. Also warned them not to enter the bathroom and told them not to trust Donald the things that you must have done.
Speaker 2: What was he doing in that bathroom?
Speaker 1: Fucking now? I wonder if Andrew Schultz was like, now you tell me, dude.
Speaker 2: I was waiting for the ghost to input from ghosts first before I had him on the show. Well, now I know.
Speaker 1: He then asked for help three times. I'm left, which sounds like me in a blackout, you know.
Speaker 2: Oh where'd he go?
Speaker 1: I don't know?
Speaker 2: He left his card, He left his card the dark.
Speaker 4: Did y'all ever do Bloody Mary.
Speaker 1: I mean I think I did. I think I have completed a bloody Marry one.
Speaker 4: Why don't we like Mortal Kombat. Can't we like call in others.
Speaker 2: Like candy Man versus Bloody Mary.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like, that's what I would do if I were there.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, bloody Mary, candy Man, and then just get out of the way. I will have you too to it.
Speaker 2: You rang, I don't know, bro, I think he's tripping. Yeah, I don't know. You might want to fight each other anyway, I'll be right back. Have it out in this bathroom.
Speaker 1: It's a really good idea.
Speaker 4: Right, It's a good Donald's. Yeah, that's what they should do in the White House.
Speaker 2: Oh, anyone, anyone who visits the White House is now obligated to do a candy Man or Bloody Mary in the bathroom.
Speaker 4: Just take out bloody Mary versus. That would be so funny, Bloody Mary versus like George Bush.
Speaker 2: You just like.
Speaker 4: Fighter.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It should start making like Freddy versus Jason movies about president historical presidents. The ghost that is most often cited in the White House is Abraham Lincoln, who I don't I don't know, Like that's kind of the least scary one I can think of.
Speaker 2: Is it because he was because because he got assassinated, he got Yeah, I got like that killed their most famous person.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't. It wasn't. It wasn't there. Yeah, yeah, but they I think they did know. They took his body like just across the street. So it's weird that he doesn't haunt the theater.
Speaker 2: Across the street for some beers.
Speaker 4: Right, I was blown away. I forgot whatever. The Apple one was, the Apple Show that was about Abraham Lincoln, Like, is this John Wilkspooth or whatever.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say blown away. That's not the right thing to say, but I was. I was. They just let him bleed. I know that. It was like the time, but I was like, do something please. They were just like the.
Speaker 1: Thing so much out of his brain, mean that he had too much weight, too much blood in there, abundance of blood.
Speaker 4: That was like they just put pillows around his head and we're like god, bless, oh my god.
Speaker 2: We not like, sir, he's dying. I don't know, more pillows. Yeah, oh yeah, that blood was dying to get out of that head. He's lucky. His head didn't explode from all the blood that's trying to get out of there.
Speaker 1: That assassination is so wild. The first of all, the fact that John Wilkes Booth was like as famous as I'd say Alec Baldwin. Maybe like he was like a very famous.
Speaker 4: That's an interesting choice, like Glenn Powell or like his brother.
Speaker 2: Was going to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his brother was more famous, but he wasn't like Billy Baldwin. He was like part of an acting dynasty. That's why. Yeah, maybe Scars Guard would be a better example. But uh, And then that we actually have a show that we're developing for big money players revisits that day and some of the information, like the person who was supposed to be guarding him was shit faced. Well, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll be back to talk about clowns. Besides, Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: Got it got him.
Speaker 1: Maybe he'll retire now maybe maybe now that I got.
Speaker 2: His asked hard, or you'll end up somewhere else, And we're back.
Speaker 1: And so we we have a new clown based horror show that's happening in alignment with Halloween. HBO's Welcome to Darry which, as I was saying to miles yesterday, I thought it was What's the Girls? Yeah, I thought it was Dairy Girls, like another season another one these girls. Yeah, And it is instead just a poorly named movie that tries to or streaming series that tries to create like the Marvel cinematic universe of Stephen King novels, when so you know, they all happen around a like Maine usually, and so they're like, what if this main town was all like that, all those stories were happening at the same time, and they've gone in a weird direction with this one. First of all, I just I just want to say I was pretty surprised by the premise of this show. In this show, the US government has enlisted Dick Halloran you may remember him as the character played by Scabban Brothers in The Shining, to help capture Penny Wise and use him against the Russians and Cubans to prevent the impending Cuban missile crisis and win the Cold War. What the fuck is this?
Speaker 2: Stranger Things?
Speaker 1: It's first of all, this idea that they're always because this is like the thing that I think it worked in like the first few Alien movies. And then I was like the idea that you would be like, we gotta keep going after this like thing that is an existential threat to humanity and trying to like use it as a weapon that like we it just kills everybody who comes even close to contacting it. See, seems weird to me. I'm done with that trope. Yeah, like yes, but like if in the movie Jaws, like the mayor had been like, yes, but could you imagine if we could capture the sharking use it as a weapon against a neighboring town, Like it's just such a dumb like use it against VI causing over and over. Yeah, right, what the fuck? So that's that's weird. I'm hearing again mixed things about this show me too.
Speaker 4: My friends have said, I'm like, is it scary? Though I need you to answer this as a horror head, is it scary? Yeah, it's scary. And then I was watching it, I was like, is it scary? My defin definition of scary is very fascinating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Victor points out, like it's very Stephen can't like I did read The Myst, which is the novel about a haunted myst that comes comes for one and like the story there is it's implied like there's something going on with like the military doing research into the Elder Horror. But like that, I think it's applause. But like with Godzilla or something, I think it's a plausible jumping off point to be like, yeah, the military is gonna fuck something up and now it has unleashed a horror onto us, right, Yeah, But for it to just be like we're trying to capture the monster like Ghostbusters, It's just it's giving too much Ghostbusters energy of like we're gonna fucking vacuum up Pennywise and like put him in a box and then unleash him. It's just it's a little bit dumb to me to like that that keeps happening over and over again. I don't think the US military is up to it. This is what I'm like, How are they going to use it against the Russians? Just like lower children into sewers somehow? Like can't you just do that yourself?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, offer them free candy, Yeah already.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they explain it in a way that's air tight.
Speaker 4: I also feel like most like I've been watching, like, I feel like most kids are actually not afraid of clowns. Like, it's adults that are afraid of clowns. I like you put I don't know if you put Pennywise with my niece and nephew, they'd probably like try to paint his nails or something.
Speaker 1: He does need it too, his nails look terrible. But yeah, so HBO sent a bunch of creepy clowns all across the world, some appearances creepier than others. In one location, Pennywise just went on a scenic hot air balloon ride. Got to use that budget somehow.
Speaker 4: Man, that's the Emily in Paris that I want to see. That would be so good.
Speaker 2: Him in Paris.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, Miles, don't give them ideas. I would watch that him just like you know what, what is that? It's that meme with Freddy Krueger, and it's like been chasing in their dreams. I forgot to chase my own.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like having a croissant for the first time, is mine. It's so he just keep falling.
Speaker 1: On my head.
Speaker 4: He just needed gelato to realize that he doesn't actually want to kill Yeah, an artist dad.
Speaker 1: He is looking over the edge of this hot air balloon like either looking like thoughtful and like what have I done with my life? We're also like, damn, that's way down there. That's kind of scary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it kind of looks like a dude who is just looking out of a hot air balloon, but in Pennywise costume.
Speaker 1: Yeah, almost as if that's what it is or that's what it literally.
Speaker 2: Is, but also just described the image.
Speaker 1: Do you guys remember the rash of I think this was right before we started this show, but the rash of like clown like creepy clown things where like people would be like walking in the street sload this footage down that I was taking out of the window of my car and there are just like clowns standing like in a tree staring directly at me like in this and they were like they kept bringing people's doorbells and like doing scary shit. It was around twenty sixteen, which coincided with the release of the movie It and the marketing team behind it have always said like they had nothing to do with it, But I do think the fear of clowns is still is still out there. Based on the research that our writer JM dug up for this and the fact that, like, while it's not explicitly a clown villain, I will say the villain in weapons is very clown adjacent totally. Yeah right, it's yeah like giving Ronald McDonald.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, for sure Ronald McDonald if you put them in the microwave for a few seconds.
Speaker 2: Yeah right.
Speaker 4: Also, I believe I'm probably naive. I kind of believe that it team that they didn't do that clown like. I think it's just like teams importantly, Yeah, have you met people in Portland like they would totally wherever it was? I forgot where. I think that's where it was though, but it's.
Speaker 1: A really creepy one in Australia, I remember where people like, yeah, I don't know. It was just like there were many internet stories of like people being like, yeah, this clown like showed up and everybody like chased it into this park because they're scared of it. Yeah, So things reasons to explain our fear of clowns, because I think, just broadly, the idea is like, but clowns are supposed to be funny, that's their energy at the circus, and we're all scared of them. What happened? And so some theories John Wayne Gacy probably didn't help serial murder who had occasionally dressed as Pogo. The clown didn't dress up as Pogo very often. Some people are like, it can't be that he didn't dress as Pogo very often. If a person, a teenager well dressed as a clown, that that is on my that's printed on my brain, Like.
Speaker 2: I'm yeah, I didn't know he dressed to that decided like to paint that shit.
Speaker 1: Well then yeah, So once he was captured and became like a serial killer celebrity among the people who are into serial killers, he did have a nice little second act of his career drawing self portraits of himself as Pogo.
Speaker 4: Because was okay, God.
Speaker 1: I think he was eventually executed. But so one expert points out that like this shift towards seeing clowns as creepy wasn't actually a shift, because clowns are were and this is a quote from this academic expert, never really good and often fulfilled the role of villain in stories. He says, it's misleading to ask when clowns turned bad. When's the writer Benjamin Radford, in his History Bad Clowns, they were never really good said, Universal two is the casting of the antagonist, the representative of evil in the role of the clown devils. Both the lusty thick heads and the sharp, clever deceivers are always clowns. So there's like this trickster demon thing that clowns have always been tapping into.
Speaker 4: And okay, but the original clown was the gester. The jester was good. He was like the right of man to the king. But yeah, I mean he could say the things that like, that's what we need and what we need a gester I don't know who that is, but someone that's on our side, that's like can actually take down the king because that's what they did. So they were like the one person that could make fun of without being executed.
Speaker 1: I do think the clown like the thing that makes the most sense to me, and I don't think it necessarily always fits with gestures. Is the makeup, Like, sure, the makeup is fucked it. It exaggerates the human face and covers the human face with paint at the same time making humans seem less human and introducing kids to clowns can be incredibly disquieting because children's brains are still developing and it's like, I feel like it's kind of our first experience with the Uncanny Valley oftentimes when we're kids, where like the thing is like human but also not quite, and they like it's like they're they take human emotions and like warp them through like a weird fun house mirror, so they're like exaggerated and creepy, and also their facial express their facial features are like big and weird and scary.
Speaker 2: I think because I'm not afraid of clowns, I could give a shit about a clown. But my first experience with the clown was fucked up because this motherfucker got in my face at a kid's party and I remember crying and being upset because this dude just like was like and I was like, fuck, bro, I'm like four, I've read this like I didn't come here for this shit, And I think I don't know. And I see that a lot too, Like you'll see like at birthday parties, like there's always like some clown overstepping to a young kid and being hey, here's something for you. I don't know if that's that's me personally.
Speaker 4: I think for me, it's the fact that they're like there's that trope that the person that the funniest in the room is normally the saddest, like the side clown trope, And then that became like a whole art thing, like a lot of art of sad clowns. That's like that's actually their internal monologue.
Speaker 2: But I think, yeah, isn't it just I feel like this is this just has to be like learned. This is like a learned fear. It's I don't know if there's like anything really like a universal truth to a clown that make like, you know what I mean, because like they like with snakes, children aren't afraid of snakes when they're very young because they don't know about it. Because they're they learn that behavior to fear a snake, like heights, are much more of like a thing a small child can process to be like oh I don't like this. I don't like this.
Speaker 1: I will say so there. A group did research into this, okay they're pulling found that more than half of people are scared of clowns, which is higher than common fears like heights and flying. They said more than half the respondents said they were scared of clowns at least some to at least some degree, and five percent said they were extremely afraid of them, which that percentage of extreme fear of clowns is slightly higher than those reported for phobias like animals, heights, blood injection, injuries, still water or weather events, closed spaces, and flying, which I would have definitely thought fear of flying seems much much more common. And then so they surveyed the people who admitted they were scared of clowns, which I would never admit. That's weakness.
Speaker 2: Trousers are soaked? Are you okay, sir?
Speaker 1: Sweating? I just ran over here. Asked them to choose a possible explanation for the fear, and the strongest factor turned out to be clown makeup hides emotional signals and creates uncertainty, meaning that we're freaked out by clowns because we can't see their true faces and therefore cannot understand their emotional intent.
Speaker 4: That's what I was saying, Yeah, I don't know they're internal, and that I'm not afraid of clowns, but I don't really like zombies. I don't really like I'll watch zombie movies, but they're very similar to me, and that I don't like zombies because you can't reason with them, Like if fucking Michael Myers are a serial killer, whatever was across for me, there's a chance that I could maybe.
Speaker 2: Tell your buy your bu.
Speaker 4: Yo, let's work this out. Let's work, you know. But not a zombie because they're not like they're half human. They're not quite human. That's the thing I don't like about them. They make inhuman movements yea and so, and they have like inhuman faces. So I don't. I don't really like zombies. That's that's I'm not right out apocalypse. I can't the nuclear whatever, I can't have any zombie. I can't be hills. Hills have eyes in it.
Speaker 2: You do fuck with clowns, Jack, I don't care.
Speaker 1: I just yeah, like I'm not terrified of them, but I do feel like any time I'm near a clown, I like don't want to know more about that. I don't want to get closer. I feel like, yeah, it's gonna be some sad ship.
Speaker 2: I'm not afraid of clown, but when I see that ship, I go, but what a fucking loser.
Speaker 1: It's like kind of.
Speaker 4: It's not right, but it's not even like it's not even McDonald is a billionaire, So Ronald.
Speaker 2: McDonald is a loser, you know what I mean, I'll say it to his face. I don't know what it is. I think it's just something. Even to me, I'm like, that's like it's just dumb. It's not. It doesn't really pushed me in one laner or the other. I'm like, all right, fucking clown and then I just kind of keep going. But you people, I worked with somebody who was colorophobic, I believe is the term for the fear of clowns. And I remember at the time because they were like a grown ass person, I was like they were like.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I hate clowns.
Speaker 2: I hate clowns. And I'm like, okay, for sure, for sure. And somebody there was, uh, there was a video we were watching like for like like there's like an a writer's room. It comes up and there's like a clown in it. This person started fucking like had to leave the room and was like, yeah, was like fucked up. And I remember being like, yo, I didn't even realize earlier they said they were fucking afraid of I didn't even know it was like that.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, like I feel the dogs is not a thing that prevents you from seeing a dog on TV. Usually you know it's not going to like fuck you up, like just seeing it at a distance.
Speaker 4: But yeah, have you all got the tweet? It's like been out for years. But by Cohen is a ghost, It says, the most cutting thing you can say is who's this clown? Because it applies there a a clown and be not even one of the better known clowns. If you're one of the top tier.
Speaker 2: Clowns, Yeah you're and even Pero bro.
Speaker 1: The list of reasons in order of like most common to least common of why people are afraid of clowns an eeriar, unsettling feeling due to clown makeup making them look not quite human, similar to dollars and annequins. Clown number two clowns exaggerated facial features convey a direct sense of threat. Three clown makeup hides emotional signals and creates uncertainty, which is kind of the same as number one for the color of clown makeup reminds us of death, infection, or blood injury, and evokes disgust avoidance. This five is my favorite. Clown's unpredictable behavior makes us uncomfortable. I think that's I think that's where I'm coming in. I don't know, man, Like, yeah, they're just doing too much and it's like what I can't get a gauge on, like what their angle is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I fucking I love to smell a carnation. All my favorite things, your favorite carnation of someone's lapela, these motherfuckers.
Speaker 4: Or the like zapping when they shake your hand. I just love jack the idea of you going up and being like, what's your angle?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's your what's that ship?
Speaker 2: And honestly, that's a flex if you could get a clown to break like that by just getting so in their minds like hey, man, what's your running from? Like whose face do you not? Whose face do you not want to see in the mirror anymore?
Speaker 1: The that's the That's a really deep and cutting question. The last three of the last three the least common are fear of clowns learned from family members, negative portrayals of clowns in popular culture, which I will say, yes, there have been creepy clowns, but like Krusty really holds it down for me, Like I'm not Krusty is like the best ambassador.
Speaker 2: For clown, Like, this guy's a sad drunk man. Yeah, he's just a sad, a normal guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can understand krusty and his behavior is fairly predictable. Yeah, unlike real class, but he does dad. And then number eight a frightening experience with a clown, which I think everybody would have assumed like that was the thing that did it. But it's more just like we don't like your whole shit.
Speaker 2: I guess maybe yeah, And I'm trying to think. I mean, I get the whole thing of like I can't read them, therefore it's scary. But to the point, like if that's like one of my overarching fears is like I cannot understand what is going on with this person emotionally. Yeah, that's so I.
Speaker 1: Usually don't care about, like I'm not a sick. I wonder if like clown fear is more common with like salespeople who are like, I gotta read this guy, I got to pick up his angle, what's this shit?
Speaker 4: I feel like though, if a car full of clowns showed up right now and there was like thirty of them that got out of a mini coup, like we would kind of be into that yeah, I would.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this happened a good time.
Speaker 1: Balloon animals are fun.
Speaker 4: Balloon animals, I guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe my thing is too. Like anytime if a clown tried to be scary, I'm like, what's up then? And I think that's the They're like, goofy. I'm like, yeah, dude, goofy. Shit, you're trying to be scary? Bro than what then? What's up?
Speaker 1: But I mean Terrifier just came out. Yeah, that's another one that is really like that way overperformed. It went from like a movie someone made in their backyard to fucking like a big box office success this year with Terrifier three. So I do feel like clud like the fact that we are in our shared consciousness unsettled by clowns is kind of an underrated thing that people are still exploiting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, colorophobic ZiT gang, please let me know.
Speaker 1: I let him know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm why what happened.
Speaker 2: We're from the same planet mostly, so I'm just like, let me in and your colra full world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and good and good luck out there on Halloween because, like I said, probably top two or three costumes.
Speaker 4: And if clowns ghost face roomy.
Speaker 2: Right and if I swing on you for dressing like a clown because I thought you were trying to square up. I'm very sorry in advance. I didn't mean to do that.
Speaker 1: Danny Fernande is such a pleasure having you on the daily Zeitgeist. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm at miss Danny Fernandez on Instagram And I just dropped my horror short. Oh my god, speaking up. Tis this season premiered at La Leaf and Essence Fest and Chicago horror Fest and like a bunch of fests. So you can catch it on YouTube right now. Bruhita prod is my which is Little Witch.
Speaker 1: That's my escort.
Speaker 4: So that's my YouTube. Yeah, you can check it out or you can just check the link in my bio on Instagram. It is a fun You'll notice Oscar Montoya is in it, Chris Renfro like a lot of familiar faces.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it's a little psychological horror. Check it out, watch it in the dark.
Speaker 1: There you go, and all their work Amedia you want you want to recommend other than that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So speaking also of horror, smile too. So have you seen it? I love that. I'm like smile too. Okay, n only Scott, I know people listening who have seen it. She deserves an Oscar for this betrayal. It was so this was last season for award season, but like she crushed. She did so good. She plays a pop star who's being haunted by the whatever smile thing, and I mean she just went full one hundred and ten percent Oscar worthy so good.
Speaker 1: It is scary hearing that from people who really like movies.
Speaker 4: Jack, you gotta watch it.
Speaker 1: To do that shit. Miles Where can people find you as there? Work a media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, find me everywhere at Miles of Gray. And if you want to hear about ninety day Fiance, I do that at four to twenty day fiance work a media. I'm gonna watch Night of the Demons two, I think later, because the first one was so campy and terrible that I just in the background, we're carving a pumpkin later, although I don't know if that's probably good for a child who's not even three yet. Look, we're figuring it out. We're figuring it out.
Speaker 1: You can help them, by the way, I've noticed, Yeah, you can help them out. What you don't need to help them carve the pumpkin.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no, not in this house. That's not how.
Speaker 1: Put the tools in front of them. I say, don't cut yourself.
Speaker 2: Don't that's that's sharp and just see where we end up. It's funny because her Majesty was like, I don't know if this is good. It's like one of those very dull, like pumpkin sauce that you use for carving. He'll be all right, He'll be all right. He also will probably lose interest in three minutes, so yeah, we'll be right.
Speaker 1: Well, we are going to be all right. You can find me on Twitter at Jack underscorel Brian on Blue Sky at jack Obi. The number one. I'm trying to think of like a horror movie that I can recommend. That's I mean, I'm just gonna go with fucking Hereditary. I watched it for the first time this year. I thought it was really good. Scare the shit out of me. Also, there's this kind of little known filmmaker who made a movie called The Shining in the early eighties. A lot of people don't know about The Shinning. Yeah, is it called the Is that how it's pronounced that's another symptoms joke. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You can find us on Twitter and Blue Sky at Daily Zeitgeist where at the Daily Zeigeist on Instagram, you can go to the description of this episode wherever you're listening to it, and there at the bottom you will find the footnotes, which is where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. We also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, is there a song that you think that people might endure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is from Mick Jenkins' new album. It's called a Murder of Crows. This track is called words I should have said a name I know, but featuring Uh the vocalist rapper any from the UK. The UK, I'm telling you, the UK has so many good rappers, like the the Like the women rappers that I'm listening to out there are like they're bodying American rappers. I just think they're like they're po I don't know, like lyrically like I love Little Simms. Annie is also fantastic e n n Y. She's on this track with Mick Jenkins. I love this track too because it's like one of those beats where you don't get a snare drum. There's no like back beats, so you just get the bass and you always think like you're gonna get that fucking snare and you don't. And that tension is great because it makes the lyrics hit even harder. And it's a very self aware song. Anyway, words, yeah, snedging Yeah, words, I should have said, Mick Jenkins, any e, n n Y check it out, all right.
Speaker 1: We will link off to that in the footnotes for Dailey's Eyes to the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio ap Apple podcast or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's gonna do it for us this week. We are back on Monday morning to tell you what was trending over the weekend. We also have the weekly Zeitgeist, which is a highlight reel of this week's episodes that you can check out over the weekend. We will talk to you all on Monday. Have a great safe, uh spooky Halloween. Steer clear of evil clients. I was working in the love Do you think that was his real voice?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 4: What what happened to my trying to Savinia tweets. The Daily Zeite Guist is executive produced by Catherine Long, co produced by Bee Wang, co produced by Victor
Speaker 2: Wright, co written by J M mcnapp, edited and engineered by Justin Conner,