Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: We did it.
Speaker 3: We made it to a Friday. I was taken the under but we are here. It's a meat Friday at that and we are fired up, and so were the trigger grills. We have grilled ribbis, we have strip steaks, we have filet mignon, We have garlic butter lobster tales. We have cea scalps with pumpkin risotto.
Speaker 2: Who has it better than we do?
Speaker 4: Oh body?
Speaker 3: All meat and seafood provided by Heartland Heartland Steak Company. All right, come on in, stay awhile Dan Orlovsky the mother Ship will stop by. We'll recap what we saw with the Ravens. And I've been telling you this the last two weeks. Vegas is all over the Ravens to win the AFC North and they were saying this prior to these last two games that they won. Lamar Jackson's back in a big way in the Miami Dolphins. Charles Barkley will join us coming up a little bit later on as well. We'll have the most most win game of the weekend. We got baseball tonight. It's Game six in Toronto. We'll preview that as well. College football this weekend Penn State, Ohio State, Vandy, Texas is probably the spiciest one. Georgia, Florida, Oklahoma, Tennessee, USC and Nebraska. Speaking of Nebraska, Matt Ruhle, their head coach, got an extension.
Speaker 2: I love when coaches or.
Speaker 3: Their agents flirt with these other schools and their so called openings and Matt rule. Penn State guy good friends maybe best friends with the athletic director there, but they decided that maybe they were going in a different direction perhaps, or Matt Ruhle put it out there that maybe he was interested or they were interested in him. But Nebraska said, well, you're not going anywhere. I think he's locked up to twenty through twenty thirty two, but game of raise, maybe a couple of year extension. None of these things matter. And it's like, man, how long are you going to be there?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: They signed me up for ten years. He's not going to be there for ten years. I don't think he'll be there through twenty thirty two. None of these guys stay, rent, don't buy eight seven seven to three DP show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP show stat of the Day is always brought to you by Panini America. The official trading cards of the DP show First Hour brought to you by Maco. You have a chance to enter in for a daily chance to win to go to the super Bowl with us. No purchase necessary. Maco wants to send you to Super Bowl Week. You get your car painted as well. There's so many great things there. Go to Danpatrick dot com to get official rules and got to be eighteen or over. No purchase necessary. Ends eleven, twenty three, twenty five. Chuck around and find out, yes, the T shirt's available. As the New Orleans Saints have turned to Tyler shuck against the Rams. They are like thirteen or fourteen point underdogs against the Rams. But you can be the first on your block to get a shuck around and find out T shirt. A Happy Halloween. By the way, Dylan, I believe is the only one in the building who got dressed up. Todd was flirting with getting dressed up.
Speaker 5: I've had a little something. I meant to put it off before the show started. It's not a whole outfit or anything. It's something basic, but I'll work in it.
Speaker 3: But how did you forget to get dressed up.
Speaker 5: Because I have it in the bag behind me, and I meant to have it for the very start of the show. It's something that's a facial item. But I can put it on an hour. I could Chuck prefer no.
Speaker 2: No, okay, yeah, yeah, put it on. Let me see what you got here. Yes, Marvin, I'm going to snitch.
Speaker 6: Early this morning, Fritzie was in the back room trying out his poll questions in a stand up routine on the brg's Today.
Speaker 3: All the backroom guys, they all said, oh, okay, so are you Jason from Friday the thirteenth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's Jason Wori's Friday the thirteenth. It's very simple hockey mask thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, my wife thought I was Hannibal.
Speaker 5: Lecter for some reason, so like that's kind of disappointed me that you didn't get to who I was.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I'll keep.
Speaker 5: This on until I feel like, you know, I'm starting to not be able to breathe it and have one of those Milwaukee situations that I'll take it off.
Speaker 3: I'm shocked that you have something that could make you clust your folko.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this won't be very long because I'm already done, like the oxygen's not getting through the holes.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I'm glad that you got dressed up. Nobody else did. But that's okay.
Speaker 5: This corct's not supposed to talk, which I know you would all love if I just could not say anything the.
Speaker 2: Whole It's not possible today.
Speaker 3: I've been warned by a couple of the back room guys that look out. Mario, who's the director, said good luck, good luck with Todd. It's a Friday fritzy, but it's a Halloween Friday fritzy, and and I welcome it with open arms. Tohn uh.
Speaker 2: Do you have poll questions? Here?
Speaker 3: By the way, if you're watching on Peacock, you get to see this download the app if you haven't done so. And we say good morning to our radio affiliates around the country. Operator Tyler is sitting by. He'll take your phone calls, seat, and we'll do the poll question honors.
Speaker 2: Okay, Todd, Halloween related pole questions? Do you have on the spot? You have Halloween pole questions? I jotted out a couple of things.
Speaker 7: If you can hear me, we can are.
Speaker 3: You handling the pole questions or seating this?
Speaker 5: But this is just a hollered couple of Halloween ones. If we want to do that or we can not do it, that's up to you guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can do the poll questions.
Speaker 8: When do you buy your Halloween candy a week before, a few days before that day? Never, I don't answer the door for trick or treat as I pretend I'm not home one of those families. Okay, when buying Halloween candy, to what extent do you take into a camp peanut allergies or a choking hazard? Very much a passing thought. I don't I get what I like so I can consume.
Speaker 2: The leftover treats.
Speaker 5: It's a little insensitive.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Scariest movie character Carrie Carrie Wife from the movie Carrie, Chucky from Child's Play, Damien Thorn from The Omen, Freddy krue gir At Nightmare of elm Street, Hand of Bleck through the Silence of the Lambs, Jack Tarrance from The Shining, Jason Vori's Friday the Thirteenth, Leather Face, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Michael Myers from Halloween, Penny Wise's Hit.
Speaker 2: The Clown or other. Okay, and I had a few others. If you have time, Well, take off your mask.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's starting to annoy me.
Speaker 5: Are you getting scared?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 5: Very What do you think of people who just leave candy out in front of their door saying please just take one or two?
Speaker 2: That's just playing lazy the honor system with kids in candy? Are you stupid or something?
Speaker 5: Or it's refreshing to see such trust in today's youth.
Speaker 3: Seeton, You got any pull questions today?
Speaker 10: I do?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 11: Let's say the Dolphins need a new coach, a new quarterback, a new coach and a new quarterback or a fresh start.
Speaker 3: Well, this is what we were talking about before the show started. If you're the Dolphins, and you're the Dolphins ownership, do you start to sell off pieces even though you still have two under contract? Don't know if Tyreek Hill's going to play again? Are you going to get rid of your best receiver in Jalen Watta? You're going to get rid of your edge rushers? Is this a complete rebuild with a guy who's making fifty four million dollars? I don't know what the upside is if if I'm a coaching candidate and you're going to try to entice me to go to the Dolphins, you're not enticing me by getting rid of your best receiver and or some of your edge rushers, because the Dolphins do have talent. And that was a game. For at least one half. After that, it just felt like the Dolphins were sitting around going, eh, Lamar's pretty good. When's this game over? It just felt like, let's put a stamp on it and mail it in. But I can't see taking the wrecking ball and saying we're going to rebuild because you can't get rid of Tua for at least another year. And if you're going to fire Mike McDaniel and you're going to bring me in, I'd be like, man, this looks pretty pretty sparse. What else do you have seton?
Speaker 11: Let's see, we also have Lamar Jackson running less. Is a good thing or a bad thing?
Speaker 3: Well, we were looking at the numbers here. I think it's a good thing because I think he's a better passer than people give him credit for. If you look at quarterbacks rushing attempts, Jayden Daniels has he averages over eight carries a game justin fields seven and a half. Jalen Hurts a little over seven, Josh Allen seven, Drake May a little over six, Jackson Dart six, Kyler Murray under six, Patrick Mahomes just under six. In fact, Kyler Murray patrick Mahomes averaged the same number of carries five point eight yards. Lamar Jackson is down to five point two carries, Caleb Williams at five and Bo Knicks at four point nine. He is running less and I think given the injuries here and certainly this hamstring, I think these numbers are going to be lower the second half of the season for him.
Speaker 2: But he's he's.
Speaker 3: Finally being given credit for being a better passer. He loves his tight ends. You know, that's usually as go to guys, and I think he had three touchdown passes to tight ends last night. It's a different offense obviously with him in there. I don't think it's as explosive because I don't know if you can rely on him to be that kind of quarterback at least this year. But passing wise, he's he was great last night, four touchdown passes.
Speaker 2: What else do we have?
Speaker 3: Got one here? From Paul?
Speaker 11: Which team's situation feels the most helpless? Brown's Dolphins, Jets, Saints, Titans.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, take your pick.
Speaker 11: Well, let's see, I wouldn't say the Dolphins for the reasons you just said. They have a lot of talent on that team. It's just not working. They obviously need to restructure a couple of things, but they got some guys.
Speaker 3: The Titans feels really dark.
Speaker 2: Sad.
Speaker 3: I mean, you got cam Ward, but what else do you really have there? The Saints, it doesn't feel like that's a mess. Like have you said, Okay, what's a mess. The Jets prior to beating the Bengals was a mess. The Dolphins feels like a mess. The Browns mess ish. But the Saints, you know, I didn't expect anything out of them, and it feels like, let's try Tyler Shuck, see if we have anything here. If not, we draft a quarterback. I mean, you just got Kellen Moore. They do have some pieces there. So I would say the Titans. I mean, even Carolina, even though Carolina is got some wins. I just don't know if you're sold on you know, Bryce Young.
Speaker 11: Yes, I don't know if we gave Spencer Rattler enough of a chance, just saying I felt bad for the lad Well he did get a win, he finally got a win as a starter for the Saints.
Speaker 3: But I want to find out what they have in Tyler Shuck And did they go to him sooner than I thought? Yes, I thought he was going to be like a back half. Five games, six games. You know, everybody is on the fast pass. Everything's expedited. It's like, we got to find out about our quarterback and if not, we got to move on. Move on after two years, but I Titans feels pretty tough because if you look around, you see what Mike Brabel's doing with the Patriots. Like I start there and I go, oh, like, you had a great coach and you got rid of it. You had pieces there that you got rid of, Yes, Marvin, only.
Speaker 6: If they had a franchise wide receiver to throw the ball to.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: See that's the hard part with this is it felt like they had some pieces and then all of a sudden, you start over and I don't know if cam Ward is good. I've seen glimpses, but you know, i'd love to see him be able to play with you know, if I had cam Ward in Chicago, I'd like to see what he does with Ben Johnson as his coach.
Speaker 2: And all those weapons.
Speaker 3: Now it doesn't work that way, but I don't know how you assess how good he is. And that's the hard part because with these these teams that are struggling, you know, you got to find out if you got a quarterback, and most of these teams don't have a quarterback. I mean, I'm not sold on tour with Miami obviously for a variety of reasons. Wouldn't have given the contract extension. You're going to have a new coach probably next year, new system it put in place. Carolina. I'm not sure about Bryce Young. I love the kid. When he came in and visited us at the Super Bowl. You know that doesn't mean he's a franchise quarterback. I'm not sure about Jacksonville. Trevor Lawrence should be. And PAULI reminded me that Kirkirbstreet joined us prior to that draft when Trevor Lawrence was taking number one overall, and Herbie said at the time, this is right before the draft. They said, now there's some questions I have here. Now I get it. Most of your quarterbacks are gonna have questions. Caleb Williams had questions, cam Ward had questions, but Trevor was supposed to be a sure thing.
Speaker 2: That's why it's tricky.
Speaker 3: It's tricky when you go we got our guy because some of the some of these, how many franchise quarterbacks do we have? Not starting quarterbacks? Franchise quarterbacks? We're gonna take a break. I'm gonna ask this to dan Orlovsky because it's probably less.
Speaker 2: Than you think. I mean, is it ten?
Speaker 3: Ten or fewer franchise quarterbacks in the NFL? Right now? Eight seven to seven to three DP show email ADDRESSDPA, Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle a DP show. We'll get to your phone calls coming up, settle on a poll question. Just getting started, dan Orlovsky and then Charles Barkley in an hour from now Dan Patrick's Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 12: Hey is Covino and Rich from Fox Sports Radio Now. In addition to hearing us live weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, We're excited to announce a brand new YouTube channel for the show. Yup, that's right, you can now watch Covino and rich live on YouTube every day. All you gotta do search Covino on rich FSR on YouTube again go to YouTube search Covino and rich FSR. Check us out on YouTube, Subscribe, hit that thumbs up icon, comment away, settle on.
Speaker 3: A poll, question, phone calls coming up. Barkley joins us in an hour. Jylab has the best audio products in the game. Some of the best ambassadors as well, Ohio States Julian Say and Indiana's Fernando Mendoza. Use the promo code Dan twenty for twenty percent off JLab dot com eight seven seven to three. DP show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com Twitter handle at dp show We make way for Dan Orlovski, ESPN Football Analyst. You can catch him on NFL Live every weekday at four Eastern on ESPN go to see you again. How many franchise quarterbacks are there in the NFL.
Speaker 13: I'd probably say twelve right now, would be my guest off the top of my head. I mean, you'd have to say, no question Josh Allen at one, Drake may Is two, Lamar Jackson, Joe Burrow three four. I'm not going to put Rogers in there just because of his age. You know, I'm talking a little bit of longevity.
Speaker 14: CJ. Stroud, no doubt.
Speaker 13: Mahomes what's that, Mahomes, Yeah, Mahomes Herbert. I think bo Knicks is trending there, but it's probably too early to say without a doubt. I'll say that because I'm putting Drake May in there, so I think Nix has done enough. Jalen Hurts, no question, Dak Prescott, Jordan Love, Jordan Love, Jared Goff, Matthew Stat. I'm not going to put Stafford in there once again because of age. Purdy, Sam Darnold, So you're yeah, you're probably at fourteen fifteen man, you're friendly. Well, I mean depends on what you want out of the franchise quarterback. I mean I would put the franchise quarterback into two one group that has two tiers. The first tier would be we win games because of you, and that's a very small group. That's Lamar, that's Patrick, that's Josh. Joe's probably in there. And then there's the group we win a lot of games with you, and that's probably the group that fills up that another ten bodies. Jaden Daniels would be in there as well. So I mean, I'm under the belief Dan, that this is the best and deepest quarterback the NFL has ever seen. I mean there's I just routed off fifteen Baker Mayfield, fifteen, sixteen really really good quarterbacks that you know, again, there's only three or four that they erase everything, but there's a ton that you win just a bunch of games.
Speaker 3: With Lamar Jackson last night. I've always felt like the critics are analysts maybe under rate his passing, or they did early and he became more of a runner. Now he's running less. It's you know, five carries a game. With the hamstring injury, he's probably not going to run as much. But what's that do to the offense. If you're a defensive coordinator and you know Lamar is not going to be taken off ten times a game, maybe five times a game, how does that change your philosophy against them?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I would say right now, it wouldn't. Lamar is always a threat.
Speaker 13: You know, I don't believe there's any defensive coordinator out there that's, you know, still not focusing at a hyper level of Lamar and his ability to make plays. You know, I'll go and when you sit in these production meetings for Monday Night football and you talk to these defensive coordinators, one more often than not, one of the things that they will bring up is, we got to make sure that we can't allow this guy.
Speaker 14: To be a scrambler. And this is not Lamar, this is most quarterbacks nowadays. I think this is the most.
Speaker 13: Yards run for by all quarterbacks in the NFL through eight weeks that we've ever seen. So but I don't think that there's a defensive coordinator saying, you know, or in the under the impression you don't have to pay a ton of attention to it.
Speaker 14: It's still such a huge part of his game.
Speaker 13: It's still the threat that is such a huge part. Might be a little bit different now, Dan in comparison to maybe three four years ago, because I mean, this season's a little unique because of you know, the injury. But earlier on it was more designed runs, more runs where he would be one of the.
Speaker 14: Two real options to carry the football.
Speaker 13: Now it's more likely for him to scramble, you know, a second down pass situation, third down pass situation. So I still think he's equally as impactful. It's just a little bit more of a secondary play rather than a secondary option carrying the ball.
Speaker 3: Vegas loves the Ravens. They love them to win the division, as they should, but okay, what's missing with the Steelers? Then why are the Ravens going to be that much better than the Steelers?
Speaker 13: Well, I think the way that Vegas sees it is, this is the roster that for the most part won fourteen games last year. They were historically great offensively in Baltimore last year, and everybody on that offense is back essentially.
Speaker 14: So part of the reason why.
Speaker 13: Their schedule is or the record is what it is is because the injuries early on and then obviously the first game in the year Derek fumbles all that. But last night was the first time we saw that group fully healthy. So we're taking a team that last year broke historical records in their offensive performance in production. Most of that group is back, so they should be a very good offense. I don't know if they'll replicate last year. And then that was a defense last year that once again, for the most part back half of the season was a top five unit.
Speaker 14: Most of those pieces are back.
Speaker 13: So one of the reasons why many of us thought this was a no brain er Super Bowl contender. Matt a bk being injured is a big deal, and so I think the understanding of this is what the roster had accomplished last year. This is who the roster is this year. It's relatively the same. This should be a team that you know should win even at sitting at three and five right now, I mean they should sniff getting into getting to eleven and six, ten and seven at worst. And so it's a better roster then the Pittsburgh still is. I still give the Steelers the edge to win the division. I'm not panicking over the two game losing streak. It's still Rogers. I wouldn't be surprised if Baltimore chased them down because those two losses are you know, two that they should not have allowed.
Speaker 3: If you ran the Dolphins. So I'm not going to say if you were general manager, because he might not keep his job. If you're Steven Ross, what do you do at the trade deadline and what do you do by the end of the season.
Speaker 13: Trade deadline. I think Waddle's an outstanding player. I would see if I can get real value for Wattle. I like a lot of the things that Dolphins have done. You don't build your football team over the long haul by the perimeter players getting paid a gajillion bucks. It's just very difficult to do that unless you're ridiculous at drafting. So I would see if I can get really good kind of compensation for Wattle. I would absolutely look into trading both of my defensive ends. Both those guys are good players, but they've got a little bit of an injury passed and it's.
Speaker 14: Obvious that that roster needs a rebuild.
Speaker 13: That roster's devoid of talent, So both Phillips and Chubb, I would look to see if I can get really good value out of them. That's probably what I would lean on when it comes to like the trade deadline, and think people that I would entertain moving for value. What would I do moving forward. I'm a fan of Mike McDaniels, I really am. I don't think my perspective is this Dan. Two years ago, this offense was flying high. I called the Monday Night football game in Miami the first week of December when they were playing for the one seed two years ago, and then injuries derailed the season, and they really have it recovered. I don't think the guy forgot how to coach. I don't think for two of forgot how to play. It's easier said than done. It's not my job on the line. But I still think he can coach, and I still think that quarterback can play.
Speaker 14: But that roster really has a lot of Void's talent wise that would need a significant uptick and ability.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you didn't put Tua in your franchise quarterbacks.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I didn Jaden as first either. I ran out of names. I would put two in that group absolutely. As far as ability to play. Now, the caveat the asterisk with Tuoa is one, there's a very specific scheme that he can only play in. It's this one. It's the only scheme that he can really thrive. And now I think he's one of the only guys in the league that can play in that way because of the space of their passing game and the anticipation. So that does that, you know, hinder the coach that can be his coach, no question. And then the two is you're always going to have the health issues kind of looming over the top of toa but I would put him in that group, no doubt.
Speaker 3: I'm talking to dan Or Lomski of the Mothership NFL Live. Every weekday they start at for Eastern. We make a big deal about the Chiefs and the Bills, and it just feels like we want this to be a rivalry.
Speaker 2: Sure, I don't know if it is a rivalry.
Speaker 14: Why because the Bills haven't won.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, the.
Speaker 13: Bills I've won a ton in the regular season, right, So in that regard, there's no.
Speaker 14: Doubt about it that it is. They obviously haven't gotten it done.
Speaker 3: It's like the Colts and the Patriots when Peyton was playing Tom. It's like the Red Sox and Yankees before the Red Sox finally won. It's hey, great regular season and then it comes to you know, nut cut in time and they fail.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I think the way that the games go in the postseason make me think a little bit more towards this as a bona fide rivalry. Both quarterbacks have been exceptional in those games. We don't have, you know, the journey of Mahomes and some of the really kind of moments that he's had. We don't have that thirteen second dump off, the Kelsey kicked field goal unless we have that Allan performance two years ago, we don't have, you know, the Mahomes journey unless we have Josh being unbelievable and then the drop and the missed field goal.
Speaker 14: We don't have that last year.
Speaker 13: Again with Patrick's run to the super Bowl, unless we have that unbelievable game in Kansas City. So, you know, I think because of that perform I mean, to your point, I understand that they haven't gotten it done in the playoffs, but they're still great games and the quarterbacks have been great, and so I think that bonafides rivalry.
Speaker 3: Have the Chiefs gotten into the Patriots category of their hateable.
Speaker 14: Oh gosh, yeah, they've been there.
Speaker 13: I mean, I have four kids. We're a sports family. Part of this is because my wife is a Philly girl. So my kids are diehard Philly sports fans. And I say this, and I love Patrick. My sons hate Patrick. They can't stand them, you know, because.
Speaker 14: He's got good Yes, yes, that's the reason why.
Speaker 13: I mean, they are Patrick Mahomes, Jalen Hurts you know, so much better. And I'm like, guys, Patrick's ridiculous, and so yeah, I think there's a lot of people that dislike them because of their success.
Speaker 3: No question, do you break down Patrick Mahomes for your boys to understand the time.
Speaker 14: All the time, but they don't want to listen to it. Like they don't want to listen to it.
Speaker 13: I'll be like, guys, Patrick Mahomes can do stuff that no one can't the first person out of their mouth, first name out of their mouth. They'll be like, Jalen Hurts could do that, you know, And I'll be like, no, Jalen's a great player, but he's not this person, you know, And so I break.
Speaker 14: Him down all the time to him. I think I do that for a lot of the quarterbacks.
Speaker 13: But yeah, Patrick is a guy that I'm aaron playing so well. I'm like and Matthew Dad used to play, you know with these guys, and then they.
Speaker 14: Make fun of me for being old, but yeah, they're into it.
Speaker 3: It feels like Jalen Hurts is more of a rival to Patrick Mahomes than Josh Allen.
Speaker 14: Yes, because he's gotten it done in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's what I want to know. What do you do when you have to win a game, when I'm relying on you to win a game. Josh Allen's a wonderful talent, so is Lamar Jackson, But you don't want to be Charles Barkley or Patrick Ewing to Michael Jordan, Sure well, I.
Speaker 13: Would tell you that Josh and Lamar, while in the same group of not getting it done, one has not had it happen.
Speaker 14: Not because of his performance. I mean, Josh has been great.
Speaker 13: Lamar is the guy that we would sit there and go, exceptional player. He's the one who is falling a little bit more flat in those matchups and or in the playoffs than Josh has.
Speaker 14: So I agree with you, they got to get it done. I mean it's everyone.
Speaker 13: I think there's a vast majority of NFL fans that look at Buffalo and look at Baltimore and go, we hope you get it done.
Speaker 14: We want to see you finally win it.
Speaker 13: Because both franchises have been so good for the past five or six years.
Speaker 14: Both quarterbacks are great.
Speaker 13: There's nothing else for either quarterback to accomplish other than that and so, and.
Speaker 14: Both organizations are very well run.
Speaker 13: So I think there's a huge group that would love to see a Baltimore Buffalo get it done.
Speaker 14: But they got to get it done.
Speaker 3: How challenging is it on a daily basis when you go into the mothership. You see the rundown and you know the Cleveland Browns and Shador Sanders or the Cowboys are going to be on there, and you got to come up with something new, something French.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's hard, I mean especially, I mean I always say this next month is the hardest month for me at my job. I know who like the playoff teams are, for the most part, or at least a group. I know what they're good at, I know what they're not good at. I can only go on TV so much and tell these people this team can run the ball, this team can't, this team's quarterback's really good, this team's isn't. And so you get into a little bit of a monotony in that element, and then I know that, Okay, the Cowboys are going to be on there or is going to be a talk talking point. I think being on daily, I think the people behind the scenes know me well enough.
Speaker 14: What do you have to say about the Cowboys? Nothing?
Speaker 13: I don't have to say anything about the Cowboys. Guys, I don't and I don't want to talk about the Cowboys.
Speaker 14: Well we have to talk about.
Speaker 13: The Cowboys, No, we don't. We can go one day without talking about the Cowboys. I mean, you know how it is at ESPN. I always say, like some of the reality is there's so many programs at ESPN, and it takes so much manpower to operate each program as well as they do that, Like there's a little bit of a silo reality, Like seven o'clock Sports Center is really concerned about seven o'clock Sports Center, and so they're trying to make their version of that show as good as possible. They don't care eight o'clock Get Up is getting you know, the first thing out of their mouth is the Cowboys. They're focused on theirs, and so it's challenging. I try to find different ways to talk about the teams or educate the teams or the situations.
Speaker 14: I think you just I've learned it, Dan. I have to be very disciplined, you know.
Speaker 13: I have to be very disciplined because I think when I was younger, you fall into the mindset of you have to say something, and then you ten minutes after saying it, you go, why did I just say that?
Speaker 14: That was stupid?
Speaker 13: I don't actually think that way, and so I tried to be get very disciplined about it all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and look, I understand there are times when you talk about the Cowboys that offense and Dak was playing really well. It's a shame they don't have an average defense because they'd be a playoff team. The Brown situation is it feels like, you know, everybody is pushing for this Shador Sanders moment. Social media wants this badly. Yeah, and I don't. I hope he gets a chance to play. You know, Dylan Gabriel, give him, you know, six seven, eight starts, there's your sample size.
Speaker 2: Can he play?
Speaker 3: Same thing with Shadoor Sanders, but being a rookie and you know, getting pushed in there with a bad team. I don't know if we like cam Ward. I don't know how good cam Ward is because it's on a bad team and you're going to put him in there and then all of a sudden it's going to be, well, you put him in there and the team's not any good either way. It feels like you can't win in this situation.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 13: I think the thing that you know with the cam Ward thing, I think you can unequivocally watch cam.
Speaker 14: Ward throw and be like, yep, we could do that.
Speaker 13: There's a lot to work with there, I think your point with the Chador situation is totally fair.
Speaker 14: The attention that Shador has gathered and earned in some ways, we know why.
Speaker 13: I mean, he was a high end high school recruit that went with his dad to a small school.
Speaker 14: They were super successful. They go to Colorado, they do a lot of successful things at Colorado.
Speaker 13: He was a controversial draft prospect because of stories and play and talent and.
Speaker 14: How good is he and whatnot and all that. You know. I think that Shador is eventually gonna play this season.
Speaker 13: I would not be surprised if he plays within the next three or four games unless things drastically change with Dylan Gabriel and his performance, because he's just been okay, if you know, probably at best. It's not gonna be an ideal situation for Shaudor. It very rarely is for rookie quarterbacks, certainly ones that are drafted late, and so Shaudor is gonna have to make the best of it when he gets out there, if he gets out there. But I agree, it's not gonna be the ideal situation to truly evaluate how good he is. But that doesn't mean he can't take advantage of it and really start to raise some eyebrows in the building.
Speaker 3: What's the fan base that has a problem with you the most?
Speaker 14: Whoo oh man, I'm I mean, I feel like I go on stretches. Last year, Pittsburgh hated me, but I was right.
Speaker 13: Kansas City, but Kansas City twists my words more than anybody, like I'll say again, I'm trying to I'm part of my job is to talk about that. I'm not a cheerleader, you know. Part of my job is to be critical of either performances or potential And so if you say something somewhat negative or you know, foreshadowing a potential hiccup for a team, you hate them.
Speaker 14: No, I don't.
Speaker 13: I feel like the Eagles have gone up and down with me and some the Cowboys fans always hate me. But again, I've always been right about the Cowboys. I feel like I've been pretty dead on about the Eagles. I've been pretty dead on about the Chiefs. Buffalo fans, for the most part, lovey. Baltimore fans hate me because they think I stole the MVP from Lamar last year, which I literally voted for him the year before.
Speaker 14: So it's Ebbs and flows man. EV's in flows.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 3: Gotta be careful when you're walking through the airports.
Speaker 14: Oh man, No, But the funny thing is I mean, I would tell you that.
Speaker 13: Nine present, the interaction that I ever have in public is like overwhelmingly humbling.
Speaker 14: You know, it's very nice.
Speaker 13: And then social media, I'm like, Yo, these people are out of their mind, man. But it happens most I get text messages from people. I get text messages from family or friends saying like, stop bad mouthing us.
Speaker 14: And I'll be like, I'm not bad mouthing you. I said, your defense has to play better.
Speaker 13: Like you guys gave up thirty what do you so?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 3: Thanks for joining us. Have a good weekend, Appreciate it always. That's Dan Orlovsky at the Mothership. You can see him on the NFL Live every weekday at four eastern. Well take a break. Play the day next. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 9: Oh my God.
Speaker 2: Of the day.
Speaker 3: This is the play of the day.
Speaker 2: Check this out.
Speaker 3: First and goal from the Miami three Lamarta throw Lota Bienzo.
Speaker 2: It's a tree off.
Speaker 4: Tight end touchdowns as Charlie Koehler comes up with a touchdown catch for a second week in a row.
Speaker 3: In five career starts against Miami. Lamar Jackson as a QB rating of one forty two point nine, highest against an opponent by any quarterback with at least four starts against that opponent. That's courtesy of the Ravens Radio Network. Play of the Day, brought to you by Panini Hottest Rookie's Biggest Superstars, the Old time greats, and you can collect them all. Panini Trading Cards, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show, Instant Classics, autograph cards, rare inserch and more. Starter Continue collection now Paniniamerica dot Net. Buddha in San Francisco leads us off Morning.
Speaker 10: Buddha, No buddy, Happy Hellen to all of DP nationed in and a fritzy. Anytime you get caught being distracted during the show, just say eleven bro. That would have certainly saved you a bunch of grief earlier this week, just saying and Dan, I have a pie of the face bet for Marvin, But real quick, if one of Fritzy's Halloween names today are Blue Weekly, Candy Maldonado, Smooky Wilson or Frank Gore. I propose he gets an automatic pie of the face. Wow, but my pie of the face be for what Marvin is since his best logo and sports are up three to two and he's been rocking the Blue Jays gear all series. I saw that Marvin. I will take the Dodgers to win in seven, and either here I will take a Dodger or Blue Jay blueberry pie to the face. It's all about content, baby, Let's go Marvin.
Speaker 3: Marvin's in. I mean, yeah, all right, all right, we got a bet. So Buddha's got the Dodgers in seven, and Marvin, all you need is one more victory. That's it for your Blue Jays. Alex in La Hi, Alex, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 8: Guys?
Speaker 10: You know, first time caller.
Speaker 4: Longtime listener, five to seven, one hundred and sixty pounds appear dominant. Hey, just first and foremost, just want to say, hey, God, bless all your families. Guys, have a good Halloween tonight, you know, and be safe may all your family members.
Speaker 9: You know, it's prosper man.
Speaker 4: I just want to say that first and foremost of you guys, Okay, thank you. Yeah, and just hey, no, I got the Dodgers winning. I know I sound crazy, man, but I'm from La Man.
Speaker 7: You gotta believe.
Speaker 10: You gotta believe. We're going to go in today and we're just gonna dominate.
Speaker 4: Mookie's gonna have his best game. He's gonna put on his best performance because he knows what's up.
Speaker 10: And it's time.
Speaker 4: It's time, gentlemen, We're about to win this.
Speaker 7: We're about to take it off, and the Dodgers are going to win in seven.
Speaker 3: Like Buddha just said, all right, Alex, thank you. You got Yamamoto tonight, and I certainly like your chances. H Aiden in Utah Hi, Aiden, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 8: Yeah, good morning, Dan.
Speaker 4: Listen, I got a pile of the face.
Speaker 2: Okay, my Utah jazz, your Utah jazz.
Speaker 7: They're gonna win fifty games this year.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is a pile of the face. Aiden. If it's Marvin, let's through ball to the balls bulls. Yeah, Olden, I'm out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Uh, Marvin will do a pile of the face with you. You got Utah winning fifty games this year.
Speaker 2: You don't know what's coming Martin.
Speaker 3: No, wow, yeah, Laurie Marketing, that's what's coming your way.
Speaker 2: Marvin uh said five, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah. Al in Atlanta, Hi, Al, what's on your mind?
Speaker 7: Good morning, Dan, Happy Halloween to all. I just want to say one thing about the previous caller. Anytime a dan At accepts a pie of the face bet that quickly you.
Speaker 2: Made a bad bet.
Speaker 7: I know myself from many bets that I've made with seating. But what I'm calling it about is I would just like to know where were those Dolphins five days ago. It blows my mind that they could look so different just four days later.
Speaker 9: And I get it. You know, the Falcons and defense are missing some key pull parts, and our offense are missing some key parts. But that was just such a different team out there. Is it that everybody just comes into Mercedes Benz and knows that we're cursed by taking out two like old churches, So they just know we're gonna fail because the Falcons aren't this bad. But we lose horribly to the Panthers, we lose horribly to the Dolphins. The two at the time lomping stocks of the NFL, and I refuse to believe the Falcons.
Speaker 14: I was this poet.
Speaker 3: And you beat Buffalo. How about this? Al Falcons beat the Patriots this weekend?
Speaker 7: The greatest thing ever. I'd be calling all of my friends in New England just gluting, even though they could still be like scoreboard and then still just you know, reference the game that is not mentioned.
Speaker 9: But it's I don't know to think. And if we do beat the Patriots, it it's not gonna be any happiness.
Speaker 7: That's what I don't We're gonna lose.
Speaker 3: This is what I don't understand. Thank you, Al, I have a great weekend. You have fans who were surprised by their teams, but you shouldn't be surprised by your teams because your teams have been this way for a while, And yes, why can we look so good and then we can look so bad? You're right, it happens, but it's it's just weird. They're weird moments in the season where you go that doesn't make any sense, but I think it's going to happen or that team they're not any good, like the Dolphins are going to beat somebody and it'll surprise you, Tennessee might beat somebody. It you know, the Bears might beat somebody and it will surprise you. Yes, Marvin, to the.
Speaker 6: Words out of my mouth, the Chicago Bears are in that category.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: They can be a championship contender one minute and a top ten draft pick the next.
Speaker 3: Charles Barkley will join us. Coming up in about twenty five minutes from now, update our poll results. Fritzi's got his Halloween names. That'll be coming up a little bit later. We want to tease the audience for that time.
Speaker 5: I just took Frank Gore after
Speaker 3: Boo Weekly on hour two right after this