Speaker 1: So now go ahead.
Speaker 2: Uh, how did you just build out?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: How you guys played today all three days? Like the breaking down?
Speaker 1: Yeah, give them a lot of credit. Uh, they played real well, but it's too soppy on our part. The two turno O two turnovers on offense. I'm struggling on third down on both offense and defense. The special teams with the block punt as might as well the same as the turnover to us. It was disappointing. We can play a lot better than that. But tip my hats off to them. They're part of the reason.
Speaker 2: Well, was there something away about the way you was going this team to go to be people were willing to go for those four downs?
Speaker 1: No, I just uh didn't mind the decision in those situations where we're at on the field, when you're right just outside of field goal range, they're down a distance, and then I don't mind going forward inside the two. No one that will pin him back. They made a hell of a play to get out of there, but didn't like the results. Obviously.
Speaker 2: Was the Jefferson play a coverage.
Speaker 1: There or was it just no? It was just beating man coverage and uh they launched the throw and got it. Past the middle third safety, which made it a house call.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was tough. I mean they got us on third down. They had a couple opportunities to get off the field. Sam made a couple of good throws, and but they were going on third down all day, so we had our opportunities with those turnovers that they got. But he made some big plays and it was tough after that. Yeah, I mean the two turnovers were huge. That's what gave us a chance. I mean both of them were just like what he did versus the Jets.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: He made a good job in zone reading Sam and getting the pick and but then not giving up on that screen and knocking that ball out. Was the same as last week. No, there was no emotional letdown, nothing like that attributed to not doing well on third down. We didn't stopped there, run very well and block punt and things like that football things last week down, I mean, we didn't come, We didn't convert on third down, and when you go to I think we were two of nine on third down, which usually doesn't lead to touchdowns very much unless you're doing it all on first and second. One of three and four down doesn't help, uh, I think we finished I think on that last or two of four in the red zone. So it was a challenge today and we can do better some good things to some bad kind of like the whole team, all.
Speaker 2: Of us can started slow.
Speaker 1: No, there's not a tame for you guys, as you have to go over the three plays that we had last week and the three plays we had this week.
Speaker 2: It, like you, guys, was pretty good for a lot of the game, but then you know what, you guys started getting predictable. Uh what what can you do to better protect the quarterback? You those passing situations.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's why we tried really hard not to get in those situations. When you do, that's my football becomes a lot harder. You know, there's times you can chip, which we did things like that, But they also have a lot of very good blitz scheme caused a lot of confusion. Give them a lot of credit to it, and just got to keep working.
Speaker 2: Did you feel pretty hopeful when they got the ball with six Yeah?
Speaker 1: I did felt real good that you know, the game that they had been tough, and then once we were able to get that turnover, go down and score and make it a one possession game felt real good. Got him in some third downs. I think we you know, had the advantage in but they made some big third down plays, kept the chains moving and finished it with the field goal. He does a good job. I mean, there were number one in the league last year and run defense looks that way this year. I thought we ran the ball pretty well, but that doesn't always score your points. You know, you got to cross the end zone and they mix it up a ton. Uh. He did a real good job, and we made some mistakes that cost us. And when it's like that and can't overcome those turnovers, the block punt, things like that, it's just credit to them.
Speaker 2: Credit to him that something he address. Is it kind of spoken?
Speaker 1: They uh get it going. No, Uh, Jordan's didn't have to last week either. He just does what he's just been doing since he's been here. We've had two guys go down already, so I think it's pretty obvious to him that he knows he's started. When that's the case, how long nobody knows. You know, we're dealing with tendon itis, so there's not one person knows. He doesn't know, we don't know, and take it day by day. You know, by putting on i R. It's at least four weeks, so that'll give him some time to rest and kind of protect him from himself us to the No matter how he's feeling, it's four at the minimum. He does a lot of that stuff. He has no uh could not that I've been told.
Speaker 2: Yeah, obviously you didn't want it to happen against you, but seeing Sam out there and being successful kind.
Speaker 1: Of your money, Uh, it just didn't surprise me. We knew we were up for a challenge. Sam is a hell of a quarterback, he's got a lot of arm talent, and we also knew just scrambling wives it was gonna be a different challenge today. And uh he got us in a couple of scrambles too that you know, he's done that. His whole career is done in college, and we knew we had a challenge with him coming. Uh ro Uh yes, yeah, alright, good, alright, thanks guys,