Speaker 1: De mar de Rozan went on Mello's pot and explained the difference between being the young players now when he was their age. Lamar said, I see that MOFO put his name on Twitter search at halftime to see what they were saying.
Speaker 2: Joe, Joe, that Joe. They misbehavior like this.
Speaker 3: Joe, Hey, it's a in this new era, it's a lot different fellas halftime.
Speaker 2: He ain't lying now.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you know a lot of these teams gonna, you know, put these stipulations in where these guys can't be using their phone at halftime. But a lot of these casts, man, they on their phones at halftime checking to see what's going on. It's just a it's almost like a habit. It's a part of who they are and what they do. They can't help it. You sitting your life on the first thing you do, pick up your phone, you go to scrolling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we ain't a now at uh like in in uh in practice like they get a break, Yeah, guys go get on the phone.
Speaker 2: Then you know what I'm saying, you know, call somebody, but.
Speaker 1: But I came, Oh Joe, Can you imagine somebody doing that a halftime of a game.
Speaker 2: That never happened.
Speaker 4: I can't even I can't even talk trash on because my crazy I tweeted on the sideline in the middle of the game, in the middle of the preseason game.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I wouldn't agree with that, but preseason, but I'm talking about they're talking about regular season.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, no, no, you know, I wouldn't do nothing like that. But I think we were playing Philly in the preseason and I got hit real good. I'm talking about in the real good, to the point where I had to I had to go and let everybody know I was okay. The tweet might still be up, well.
Speaker 2: If you didn't take it down. Yeah, it's still up.
Speaker 4: It's still still up there. We were playing the Eagles in the preseason and I forgot the dude's name, White White Fellow. You know, he's really good war fifty five. I can't remember his name, but he caught me on the slant.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: I wanted to say Bruh's preseason, but I had had to sit there for a limited before I got up. I was a little woozy.
Speaker 3: That's what's going on now. Wow, Yeah, that's why it's a win. Can you imagine what it's like in high school in college.
Speaker 2: No, we're in different times. And now guys getting paid in college and high school too. Oh yeah yeah, the college professional sport it is. Yeah, it's and you see what they're doing.
Speaker 1: You see they try they try to limit you see, they try to libert the n I L O Joe.
Speaker 2: You see that right?
Speaker 1: Why you know why they try to limit that to me for the people that get the money who they.
Speaker 3: Look like, Hey listen, hold on while you're talking. They say they were gonna start doing a little back paid on there, and now I want to check in on it. But they're only going back like ten years.
Speaker 2: Damn. Yeah yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Trying to get a little back, trying to see what going on.
Speaker 2: I ain't trying to rough up. I'm just trying to see what going on.
Speaker 1: I got you what that I know they ain't going back their dead there forty years because that want to be. That's what it be for me. This y'all went to school today six So I know I ain't getting nothing.
Speaker 2: It's a better state. They had nobody to be paying nobody.
Speaker 1: Ain't nobody got no money to pay nobody now, so I know they ain't getting no back paid.
Speaker 2: But I don't. I don't. I don't get this.
Speaker 1: Like I say, guys, when you're here, you're here now, now when when you home, okay, be there. Do what you want to do, what you when you want to tweet, you want to do whatever you want to do.
Speaker 2: But I don't. I don't. I'm confused.
Speaker 1: At the half of a game, you checking what people saying on Twitter, I g.
Speaker 2: Whatever the case may be, because you.
Speaker 3: Think, and you you're thinking, you're probably too locked in even to even care about that at that point.
Speaker 2: That's what I was. Yeah, yeah, I would be thinking, like.
Speaker 3: That's why our phones are such a distraction nowadays. Man, you gotta think when I was in college and now y'all a little older than me, but when I was in college, we ain't hand cell phones, man, we ain't have cell phones.
Speaker 2: The bill was so expensive with uh, you have a cell phone, man, you're gonna get your calling card, call whoever you want to call. That's how y'all talking.
Speaker 1: You talk that card up, you go get your nothing you know, or you get somebody else calling card.
Speaker 4: Joe I had, I had a cell phone, Joe, I had a little raising start.
Speaker 2: And you phone Joe oh, tell, when I got to leave, people have two ways. Nobody had no don't nobody have cell phones in? And who won?
Speaker 4: Yeah I had a cell phone, Joe.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know, but but but at that point, but to see the thing, it was different. I mean it was different people. I mean they took that stuff serious, man. And I think the thing is now, Joe, is that like a lot of the veterans have been like ushered out, and so they're getting younger and younger and they you know, and so all this stuff that that are doing now. But yet that would be the man, that that would be.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh goodness, gracious have changed.
Speaker 4: It is times have changed.
Speaker 2: You couldn't even the money go ahead, Yoe.
Speaker 3: Could y'all could y'all even fathom like the things that you could get into as a kid, bro in this time and era to where you got all these devices, whether it's phones, I passed. It's just too much, man, It's so many distractions nowadays. It's hard to keep a lot of these dudes focused.
Speaker 2: Man. It is. Yeah, it is too much. It is gotta want it.
Speaker 4: They gotta want it. That's you gotta really want it to be able to lock in and lock in during these times.
Speaker 2: You gotta want it, you do you do it, Joe.
Speaker 1: You gotta, okay, prioritize what's what's what's important, what's really important, and what's a must have?
Speaker 2: Absolutely right, and and and and and and The thing is like, who am I checking in on? They know where I'm at at the game, and what you do with playing the game? Okay?
Speaker 1: You called me on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday on Joe, you called me at ten o'clock tid thurday the morning.
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: What you what you doing practice? I'm watching film, I'm studying. What do you do when you should? First of all, why you calling me? You should be at work too.
Speaker 2: I never understood that on your I don't. I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't understand why guys would get out of a meeting and they go get on the phone. Bro, you know what your unless somebody I get it, Okay, your wife or your girlfriend pregnant, expected kids sick.
Speaker 2: I get that.
Speaker 1: But y'all, first of all, if you go get on the phone like this here, you ain't checking in and see if somebody sick already?
Speaker 4: Hey, what time it is? You're good? Over there? Left? The little chick at the house, so you know, you got to check it and make sure she's good in between meetings.
Speaker 2: To make sure she got something to eat. Mad Joe.
Speaker 1: It's it's different, Joe. I mean I think about it. Think about when you came in and when you left. Now, think about the time ten years from now, what's gonna be like.
Speaker 3: The NB ain't gonna join it. They're gonna join in on all the fun, all all this stuff these dudes doing. They're gonna have activities post game half.
Speaker 1: Time, you know, the interview they interview with guys on the side, like the reporter half not because you know sometimes they talking to them, They talking to the managers and things like that. They'll find a way to capitalize. Your right, Joe, They'll fight away to capitalize as long as Joe got some good news. Got ahead, Go ahead, Joe. What were you gonna say, Joe?
Speaker 2: Now, go ahead. I'm listening.
Speaker 1: Trey Hendrickson reported the Bengals cap and told reporters things are exactly the same with contract talks. What I'm not going to do is be a distraction. Excuse me, Trey isn't practicing, but it's back strictly to eliminate the fifty thousand dollars daily fine Trey was seeing coaching samar or Shamar Stewart also, O, yo, are you feeling optimistic?
Speaker 4: No, absolutely, I'm not feeling optimistic. You got to understand Trey Henderson only came back simply so he doesn't have to pay the fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's not there.
Speaker 4: He got there, you know, on on on on on on. Good notice there because you don't you don't want to pay the fines. And then he said, well, we're still in a standstill. There's been no forward progress, and that's getting.
Speaker 2: A deal done. I'm gonna see must be far off.
Speaker 4: The only reason he's there is because I don't want to accumulate a certain amount of fines.
Speaker 2: Fifty thousand of a day.
Speaker 4: They can't resin too think about it. One thing about it, and one thing I know about the Brown family. What you're not gonna do is you're not gonna willy Mike Brown, not gonna bully Mike Brown. Is not happening. If if it is, if his feet are cemented, and he said, this is what we can do, and this is what we can pay, that's what it's gonna be. That's what it's gonna be, you know, And I'm hoping. I'm hoping because defensively, we need all hands on deck. We need all the help he can get. Fray Henderson had a hell of a year last year and the year before. I would love for him to be compensated as such. I hope, I hope at some point they come to an agreement and the number that makes sense for both. But as of right now, it ain't happening.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm looking at y'all, gonna know him, Ojoe, Ojoe, huh, I don't need him.
Speaker 4: Oh listen, listen. Our defense was twenty sixth, twenty seventh rinked or something something like that in NFL last year, twenty fifth, and we had it so here even with the improvements, even with the improvements at the middle of excuse me, at the middle lineback of position and getting Shamar Stewart and the other offseason acquisitions, we need everybody we can get to make sure we don't look like we did. He said it, And yeah, hey, hey, Joe, we don't need to be top five defense in the NFL. We just need you to be somewhere in the middle of the pack and stop somebody if we score thirty points.
Speaker 1: That man has seventeen a half sacks, and y'all finished where y'all finished. So take away them seventeen a half sacks where you'll think y'all gonna finish. I'm just I'm just see because oh, yoll, it's not like it's not like y'all got like y'all just like loaded.
Speaker 2: With talent like the Eagles.
Speaker 1: Right, so a one piece goes out, You're like, Okay, cool, we're good. You know, they lost two key pieces, but they still got you know, still got car and they still got Davids, they still got bron They got the corners and things like that. They got they good. They they they locked, right, Rob, y'all really got one player that people worry about on defense.
Speaker 3: It's him, Yeah, it's him. And ok they spent with no pressure. They didn't spend all that money on offense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, listen, that's that's our identity. That's our identity.
Speaker 2: Joe. You can't big, you can't let you d go o. Joe.
Speaker 4: Come on now, hey hey Joe, this is a business.
Speaker 2: Joe.
Speaker 4: It's a business, Joe. You know, all of all the money. I think we're twenty nine men under the cap. Don't quote me.
Speaker 2: I might be wrong.
Speaker 4: I think we're somewhere around there. So I think they can get to a number that's decent, that makes you know, the owners feel comfortable, that can make trade feel comfortable. But hell, if if it was ship, I would assume it'd have been done by that.
Speaker 2: Hell we have six months season.
Speaker 3: Ended last year, they might as well gone trade it. Man, don't trade him, ot Joe, that's what they should do. But but like what you're saying, that's that's a pride for that's a prime for man.
Speaker 4: He don't play. He don't play on boy.
Speaker 2: They don't. They don't.
Speaker 1: They don't let you back him into a corner. They don't let you bully him.
Speaker 4: Hey, Joe, I was in my prime, Joe, you know, and I was. I was upset, you know, the uh just something media blaming me for us losing. I'm like, well, hell, how you how you all blaming me for for for us losing. I'm doing everything I was supposed to do. I'm like, you know, you know, And I was like, man, well let me get up out of here then, okay, man, please, boy, who who's the former owner of the Redskins.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm sorry of the Commanders dance not Dan Snyder.
Speaker 4: And Dan Snyder offered Mike Brown two first round picks. Joe Min I'm in my prime, Joe, mouth full of gold had John. Yeah, yeah, boy man, Mike, Mike Brown said, and he ain't going to where you whether you're mad or not. But I came back that that that that following season. But had by five hundred sixty y'alls that season, Joe, It wasn't nothing wrong with me. I went from a thirteen fourteen hundred yard season the all of a sudden, five hundred out the blue, and I'm healthy.
Speaker 2: What they want they want throwing your weight, bro.
Speaker 1: Oh, they get you that, they fix it up for you.
Speaker 2: Joe.
Speaker 4: That that that let me know, Okay, I see, I see, I see who run the show?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 4: Let me play the game the right way.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 4: That's all I need to see, Joe. I went from a thirteen hundred yard season and the next season after being the scruntle, all of a sudden, I only got five hundred yards. Man, they ain't heard a peep from me after that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, hey, y'all, but y'all, y'all better get your hair.
Speaker 1: Hey, you see the Steelers, and the Steelers got a solid defense.
Speaker 4: Solid they more than solid on paper. Wait a minute, on paper outside of tjy who's proven. But you got other pieces that have come from other places.
Speaker 1: They got Hot Smith, they got he breaking effect, that's his name. They got. They did Cam Hayward still like, yeah, yeah, he was.
Speaker 4: He was balling last.
Speaker 1: I think he kind of dig But the other guy he might be fifty one. But they got some pieces over there, and they what they do.
Speaker 2: They gave t J. Watt the money. I knew they're gonna do that.
Speaker 1: They gotta and and you mean to tell me, y'all not even close to the Steelers level of talent and y'all best player on defense, y'all don't want to pay him. You should have told him you do something you shouldn't. You should not have told him that you're gonna we're gonna take care of it. Because the man went out there and led the league and SID he's all pro, and so he has an expectation. He like, Okay, y'all, gon y'all say, y'all, gonn take care of it. Okay, here it is, take care of me. Well, this is what we could do.
Speaker 3: Nah.
Speaker 1: Nah, they ain't taking care of me. That's taking care of y'all. Make the money, right, mm hmm. I'm been a number, but you're right. The bigels just started paying people. Like three years ago when they paid Joe Burrow for the longest time, they got Boomer size sing out of that because they don't want to pay Boom.
Speaker 2: They don't pay nobody else. Joe. You know that. You know that first hand.
Speaker 4: They didn't opened up the water man. They didn't started opening that water up man.
Speaker 1: Joe Burrow, and and and and and and uh the uh chase they played, they played a couple of offensive limenick uh uh o brown Obi they paid him. But then, like I said, they just started that recently. Big has been cheapd everybody know the Bigger cheap.
Speaker 4: Yeah, showed me the money.
Speaker 1: Mike Thomlins says he has a bromance with Aaron Rodgers. Thomas said, it was kind of a bromance for me. I was just excited to get to know the guy on the personal level.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: We have some cool, interesting conversations about football, about life, about where he is in his career and what he's was potentially looking for oh, Joe, how long do you think the Roman's last?
Speaker 2: If the Steelers don't start, if they don't start winning.
Speaker 4: Listen, remember remember listen, winning wins or losses, depending regards to how it goes. Remember how Aaron Rodgers treated Robert Salo. Yeah, remember the interaction on the sideline, the pushing and shoving off.
Speaker 2: Of yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: The type of reasons for the head coach. Now, what won't happen whether they're winning or losing. Now, Mike Tomlin ain't playing that. Oh no, oh that ain't that ain't gonna happen. That's not gonna happen. So, whether they're winning or losing, I think the relationship between those two, because there's a certain amount of respect that he has for Mike tom and what he's been able to accomplish in Pittsburgh, I think everything would be just fine. Everything will be just fine. All he has to do is listen, if Russell Wilson can do what he did last year, and Justin Fields can do what he did last year, Aaron Rodgers being it to him, she'd be able to do just that. Do what they asked up, don't turn the ball over and let the defense win the game for you. It's simple.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Plus he doesn't come in with what he went into the jets with. They got on private jets, they caught a They're like, look this.
Speaker 2: Is what we got. Take it, leave it. Mm hm. You know Mike Tomlin runs the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the moment you you go get around the Cob, the moment you go get Alan Lazard, you've seed it all controlled to Aaron Rodgers. Because now you've given up control. You you're like, Okay, well I want this, I want that, I want this, I want that. The moment the kids starts screaming and you give him what he wants. So, Joe, you see the control.
Speaker 4: Right right, But that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: That's not gonna happen if no.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, but you have to understand and just start with that control. And we we you allowed, we allowing you to take the keys to the team and put the pieces around you. They felt that's what you needed to succeed. It just didn't happen the way that they saw.
Speaker 1: Well, you gotta what I think it would have had he bought all the way in when Tampa turned it over to Tom, what did Tom do? He bought all the way in when Denver turned it turned it over to Peyton. He bought all the way in. That's not what Aaron dead was halfway in, halfway he locked in now.
Speaker 4: And yeah, hey, you got some veterans over there.
Speaker 2: You got some veterans over there.
Speaker 4: That that it taught that it took that to get in is in now. They he didn't he had that veteran presence over there in New York, that'd be like, hey, come on.
Speaker 1: They were just happy to have it because you think about the quarterback played that they had before. Yeah, and they was like, well that's Aaron Rodgers. He gonna be better than that. And so they just see that you know everything to it. Hey, look, that's a very tough division. That is not an either division because you got exemplary quarterback play at two other spots in Cincinnati and Baltimore, and you're gonna have to be on your best behavior to beat those two teams. And they just happen to be in your division. Now, you got some other tough games on the schedule also. But like you said, oh Joe, were about to find out. Can he summons up the old Aaron Rodgers or he's just old Aaron Rodgers just.
Speaker 4: Just a little bit, just a little bit, give me flashes, give me give me three flashes. A quarter who flashes a court?
Speaker 3: Oh, Joe, y'all allowed me to write to be wrong on this, But I think for the Jets he had to be. He had to be pretty spectacular for them to win, right. I think with the Stealers, because their defense is pretty good, then I don't think it'd be a whole lot of pressure on him. Plus he got a lot of he got some help offensively to where he'll be a lot better I think for the Stealers than he was for the Gets.
Speaker 1: I think the offensive line is better. But the problem that they ran in And this is what I said, And I remember having this conversation. I said, oh, Joe, you're saying he just needs to be Aaron Rodgers. I said, now, what happens if that defense isn't what it was for those other quarterbacks Zach Wilson. So let's just say for the sake of argument, that defense slips a little bit. Yeah, and you see, as guys starting to get older, Joe, and I don't know how it is in basketball, you could speak to this, but as guys get older at the quarterback position.
Speaker 2: They need more help.
Speaker 1: Whereas guys Aaron Rodgers five years ago, six years ago, no problem.
Speaker 4: The sister of the noise that there with him, he would have succeeded.
Speaker 2: He could do. I've seen it.
Speaker 1: But as you get older, you need more help. Alah Tom goes to Tampa. Alah Peyton goes to Denver. Look at the receiving help that he had, Look at the running backs, look at the offensive line, all those things going to play. I do believe he has a better offensive line than what he has. Okay, he got DK, they lost pickings. They got Calvan austin the third, so they got some players. So we'll see. We'll see Warren the running back. We'll see how that turns out. But I don't think he needs to be forty touchdown eron.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think they have a forty touchdown offense.
Speaker 2: Could be you could be right, could be right, you could be right.
Speaker 4: I see that, respectfully. The Bengals have a forty touchdown offense for sure.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yes, yes, yes, you know why because their defense aren't very good, so they will be played. Gonna be in some shootouts, is your real talk. They're gonna be a shootout.
Speaker 4: That's that's the second time you shot up the team. Man.
Speaker 1: But they're gonna be Oh y, y'all defense, they're not very good. You see, y'all lost games forty one, thirty eight. Y'all lost thirty eight, thirty five. Y'all lost thirty four thirty one. Right, you're right, yeah, y'all gonna be a game like that.
Speaker 4: Listen, this is new year, though, this is a new year. See, we don't we don't know what's gonna happen. Matter of fact, we got football tomorrow too. I forgot about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, this is the last This is the last weekend. You won't have football until middle of February. So moving forward, you got preseason and then you know, you got college, and then you got NFL college, NFL college NFL and then when the college go and then you have bold season, you have playoffs.
Speaker 2: So yeah, hey, is here? Now? Is here? Now?
Speaker 1: Devonte Adams clears the era with Jimmy g during dark time. It's raatest teammate. It's amazing. I love Jimmy, he said. It was never a personal thing. I was hoping we didn't have to have these conversations. But I'm surprised this is the first time it's been brought up. But it's been amazing. We got to catch up on us and get on the right page. Obviously, that was just the dark moment in all of our lives. I think all of us were pretty miserable over there. We kind of caught up and laughed about it, and we've been making plays since we got out here.
Speaker 2: It's so it's been fun.
Speaker 1: It's either one of you guys ever had an awkward fall out with a team former teammate and had to squash the beef once you guys became teammates again.
Speaker 2: No, Nah, I ain't never.
Speaker 3: I ain't never had no uh no beef for none of my teammates or none of that nah either.
Speaker 4: Man. No, I was a fun guy, Joe. I mean the same way I am on the show and just saying what was in the locker room, same way I was on.
Speaker 2: The field, Like that was there was there was a that was just fun. Man.
Speaker 4: That was a fun dude, Joe. I ain't had no probably of nobody I think I got I got the one scuffer one time, but with safety uh training camp madeu Williams uh yeah, and that that was that.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 1: That one I didn't either, uh, I mean I left left Denver, went to Baltimore, left Baltimore, went back to Denver. Now mm hm, I never had a kN awkward fallout. We had to squash b.
Speaker 4: I mean, well, well, Joe, I had that one. That one fight Joe back when we played we played the Ravens. I think I told you, Joe. I don't think I told you that story. We played the Ravens. We was we was at uh B and T what's the name of the stadium? You know, towards the end of the game, you know, Joe, I went to catch a slant. Carson threw me a slip right, you know, it was a little high, and I jumped for it anyway, right, Joe, stay with me now. And so I seen Ray at the corner of my eyem of with you a vision. I like, I don't even come for to try to go get it anyway, and I was like, oh the boss wife mistake. I started to come down and Ray hit me on the side of the air hole and I'm like, well wait a minute, that was Ray. They just hit me. We just prayed before the game, so I know I know the Lord ain't tell you to hit me like that. So Joe I jumped up right and I I like went after him. Hey, I was for to put your hands on you, right, but then boom, I think Ed re grabbed me. So when Ed grabbed me, I was like, nah, You're gonna have to answer for that. That's what I said in my mind. So after the game, right, Joe, Boom, I went, I went to the Ravens locker room.
Speaker 2: I went looking for Ray.
Speaker 4: So I walked. I walked in the locker room and secured like, hey, he ain't no where it was, Yeah, he can't. You can't be here. So I waited they was So I waited in the parking lot. But then the team bus hit the horn for me to go, and that kind of like saved me from But.
Speaker 3: You just want to you just want to get something straight. You wasn't really gonna put no poles on.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, because like like like Joe before every game, I swear for God for a decade straight, Joe for a decade straight. We didn't miss one game. Me and Rate. He gave me a scripture. We sat on the phone, we read the scripture before we went to play the game, whether we were playing each other or not consistently for a decade straight. How the hell we just prayed before the game and you hit me like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he prayed. He's gona knock your hands out and Joe out.
Speaker 4: Hey boy, Joe, listen. It would have took all twelve disciples to give me off a rate. Boy if I would accord him after that game.
Speaker 1: Hey, you should have called him right now on the field.
Speaker 4: No, because I would have got fined. So I was listen. You know, you know how to go when you're angry. You don't think logically. So if every had to hell me, I would have turned that fifty two upside down. That bitch for the red twenty five.
Speaker 2: You did the right thing.
Speaker 1: Grab your Helbert because he knocked your halbt smoothed off and you thought your head then it flying.
Speaker 2: Joe. Hey, you went and picked your head with up like that.
Speaker 4: Oh good.
Speaker 2: Boy, he's something man. Hey, Hey, hey here Florida boy too.
Speaker 4: Huh goh yeah yeah boy, right right from Lakelan right up the street, man, right right right up the street.
Speaker 2: Yeah, y'all love No, but that that that you know better?
Speaker 1: He called me, He called me the same way he caught me under my chair on the deep because yeah, that's got me too. Hey, I called it. I was trying to buy break it in. Hit me right up on my chair, and I say.
Speaker 2: He touching anything? Compass him? He wasn't playing. Oh yeah for sure. Hey, that boy wasn't nothing nice right there? Boy what I got.
Speaker 4: That's piggings.
Speaker 2: That's a little piggy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, old pig man. I knew. I knew it was pigs soon as I saw that damn face. Man said they got to be pig helming caral with nice boy.
Speaker 1: Hey man, ain't pick like, ain't nobody want no Bengos helmet back in the day. Oh Joe man Pick just said, Man, take this, I don't even I don't want to take I don't want to take it.
Speaker 2: I thought I thought the Bengals used to have some decent helmets.
Speaker 1: Huh, Man, ain't nobody want the Bengals was terrible him with Jeff Blake.
Speaker 2: Ain't nobody to throw a deep ball that Jeff Blake.
Speaker 4: He had a pretty ball, boy, Jeff had just like.
Speaker 1: Aaron Rodgers throw the hell man, Blake. That's why Jeff would throw the deep ball. That Bank just like it, just come down and pick pick, just run right up.
Speaker 4: But him and him and darnay. Yeah it was nice boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh Joe, I got the old big do. Y'all still got the helpers like this one. They still like this right, it's still the same. It's still the same. You know, we got the white ones. Now you know they got the white ones when.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah, that's y'all color rush. You're right yard yeah, okay. Cowboys.
Speaker 1: EVP Stephen Jones spoke about how they handle their top players contract We don't drag deals out. We do deals when there's an opportunity to do a deal. Certainly, no one knows what's going on internally, whether particular negotiations. Sometimes players and agents aren't ready to pull the trigger until they see other cards played. What are we going to do go out there and do something that's not responsible in terms of just name getting done one month earlier to do it, pay another guy five million of your own cap space, Especially when you're dealing, in our particular case internally with guys who are homegrown here, we feel like they want to be here. I felt like Dak wanted to be here. I always felt like CD wanted to be here. What you think is Joe.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing.
Speaker 1: You wait until the very last year. You could have got Michael deal done after year three, you could have got Dak for year deal done, you could have got seed. But when you wait, when you wait until the very last minute. Yes, yes, they're gonna They're gonna put a tax on you. It's just that simple. Because you put them in a situation. They had to avoid injury for two extra years. So now I gotta make you pay. I gotta make it pay with you gotta pay. You gotta pay extra. You gotta pay the toll. Yeah, you know what that the trol. How you was under the bridge and you want to come across, you want to cross the bridge, you gotta pay the troll.
Speaker 2: You gotta pay the trol. Hey, look, you gotta pay the toll to know that. You know.
Speaker 3: That's why I say they gonna pay Michael. But they're gonna pay him. It's gonna be right for the season, y'all know how.
Speaker 2: They're gonna pay it more than what they had cause you up. First of all, you.
Speaker 1: Let you let you let uh t J Watt, You let the other guys reset the market.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was at thirty four.
Speaker 1: Just last Just last year, the highest paid defensive player made thirty four million dollars. The highest paid defensive player now makes forty one million dollars.
Speaker 2: That's seventy million dollars market now.
Speaker 1: Plus he got one hundred and he got what one hundred and eight guaranteed? I think what you call got like one twenty three guaranteed. So what's Michael looking at? Michael looking to go forty two with somewhere between one twenty and one thirty one thirty five guaranteed?
Speaker 2: He gonna resent it. Yes, the same thing he did with that.
Speaker 1: Think about it is twice he does this with that because you didn't do that, and you let Carson Wentz and Jerry Goff and then you think he's gonna give you the same type of deal. No, but they signed him three two years early. They signed him two years early with two franchise tags. Dak said, No, I'm good cuz you got to you gotta break me off all the way off forty and wasn't playing no girl, And.
Speaker 2: Yes, you waited again.
Speaker 1: And guess what he said on Joe nine Kneas sixty. All of it since you I need sixty, Yeah, I need sixty. But yeah, we're gonna get Michael paid.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: We got some special things we're doing this year in Dallas. Baby, y'all, don't you ain't got no choice.
Speaker 2: You're right, you're right.
Speaker 1: And you do realize your left guard, Tylers Smith's don't want to get paid two mm hmmm. Trey Smith just got twenty got twenty four, twenty five million. Tyler Smith said, yeah, I'm gonna need that. I'm into the Pro Bowl twice. I need that. If I go to the third, I'm gonna need that. Gug get at you get at.
Speaker 2: Me, I'll let you. Boy. Oh I forgot what you're gonna do with George Pickens.
Speaker 4: Oh no, this is picker. This pick resume, this pick resume. Yeah, it don't got to be there. It don't got to be there.
Speaker 2: That's my point.
Speaker 1: So I mean you, Tray, I mean you probably you gave up draft capital getting you probably want to keep it. But hey, he gonna be looking to get he gonna be looking, uh you know, you say he won B one B money somewhere, you know, thirty thirty three, thirty four, So you're gonna have two thirty four. You're gonna have a sixty million dollar quarterback to thirty four million dollar receivers.
Speaker 2: O choke if they win, and a forty two million and a forty two.
Speaker 4: You got, you got what you got the Bengals. The Bengals found a way to do it. They gonna have to do it too.
Speaker 1: But I don't think George. I don't think George Pickings. They I don't think George Pickings. They just gonna go for what Tea Higgins. They just let them go. Look, but that ain't happening, th Joe. That ain't happening.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: And I know I can't do it, no deal like that because they know Jed got it, Joe. Check out this graphic the iPhone with each NFC team last made the NFC Championship game.
Speaker 2: Look at what the Cowboys got to break? Chair cheer cheer chi chi, yeah, cheer.
Speaker 1: They got to break that motor roller. Hey man, listen, we're trying to Eagles the Eagle.
Speaker 4: What what what?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: What? We're on now?
Speaker 1: Fifteen sixteen for the Eagles. I phone fifteen, iPhone sixteen Yeah, I think what I phone it's sixteen sixteen. Yeah, So they they up the date.
Speaker 2: Look at it.
Speaker 1: Look at that thing, man, I see it. We're gonna get it right now. Don't trip y'all. Not I got that's that big old break y'all. Here you hear somebody the head with that thing.
Speaker 2: That was Joe.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get it together. Oh Joe, you ain't have one of them about Joe. I had one of them about Joe. I had the big one and the little one they came out with. They came out with a smaller version.
Speaker 2: What's that? I can't I can't see it. That's a phone. You need to go to the ophthalmologist. Look at it with the good eye.
Speaker 4: And that's no key on.
Speaker 2: Huh. That's a motoroller.
Speaker 4: Oh. I had the Motoroller Block eight thousand, big boy with d an ten mm hmm. You remember you remember when the motor rollers used to sit in the car huh yeah, yeah, right in the right in the middle, in the middle costuge.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I remember.
Speaker 1: I remember they have they have the pouch. I'm old to remember they had. They had had the power. You can carry the pouch with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you had a beefer Joe.
Speaker 2: No, I ain't had no beeper.
Speaker 3: Man I ain't had none of that, old Joe, when I first got in the now hold of you. I'm forty four. When I first got in the game, man, I had a two way page. When I came out of college, I had a two way.
Speaker 4: You ain't had no sad. I bet you ain'td no side Yeah, I had.
Speaker 2: To sidekick the joint. You had the sidekick card joke. Huh, you had the sidekick vehicle. You remember sidekick?
Speaker 3: Listen, listen. I ain't have all the fans and stuff. I ain't have all that fancy and stuff.
Speaker 2: My bad, my bad, my bad, my bad bad. Cell phone bill used to be fifty dollars money, don't Joe?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Man? A minute with like four dollars five dollars a minute?
Speaker 4: Oh okay, you ain't had nobody to talk to like that.
Speaker 1: You use the weekends, man, The weekends were free. You use the weekends that that that plan came along. That plan came along later, Joe. It then first started out like that. Now, hey, and then you go out of the area. You go out of the area that things start roaming.
Speaker 4: Hey, what's what's the plan? Where your where you your minutes? Roll over?
Speaker 2: Oh, rollover? Player. You don't use the wall to get roll over.
Speaker 4: Yet use them the minutes roll over to the next month.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then that's when they came out after seven and weekends for free. So you had to wait to sell a call me after seven, don't you? Because I ain't answered? Because I ain't.
Speaker 2: I ain't.
Speaker 1: Right bed Rookie Luther Burton the Third was kicked off the field and chewed out by Ben Johnson after issue that the line of scrimmage doing team drills. Burden missed several weeks of practice with a hamstring injury, and Johnson said it is hindered his progress learning the system.
Speaker 2: It shows up already. I mean we were in.
Speaker 1: Walk through yesterday afternoon. The misalignment. We have to re huddle, we have to start it all over again. He's a little bit behind right now. Burden the Third responded very well to the accountability that Johnson gave him early in your career. Did you ever have to accept accountability coming up short in practice or.
Speaker 2: In the game. Yeah, hell yeah, man, I forget man, you don't move me.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm a wide receiv o shoe. They will move me to tight end. They tell me to play Ohoe, I go in motion, I stopped. Man, what's the play again?
Speaker 2: What I got?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 2: Hey, y'all laughing up here? Ask him. I'll be going, hey, I go in motion, go to the tackle, turn the right to come back? Man, what I got? I forgot?
Speaker 4: What I got?
Speaker 2: Mad Dad ReBs? God dang it, Shannon, Oh know what you want?
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 2: Tell you Dad? I forgot to play.
Speaker 4: I remember them days, man, they sent me in the game.
Speaker 2: I forgot to play coming into the game.
Speaker 1: Hey cause we used to run play Like every play we bring somebody in the game and they ain't got his hand on my shoulder, give.
Speaker 2: Me the play? I go in there.
Speaker 1: How hell, y'all you run how many game won't Yoe? Yeah, y'all, y'all look at me. T look at me, like.
Speaker 2: Tee, what's the play? I forgot? Hey? Hey, it happened quick too. It has been quick. Hey, Oh, booking it, Joe. I'll booking at the game too.
Speaker 4: I'm like, man, I'm in the game.
Speaker 2: How many we gave d d what's the play?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, hold on and basketball ojo and doing like a timeout they might coach might draw up three plays. Okay, we're gonna run this play, then come back down. Next trip we're gonna run this play. Then next trip down court, we're gonna So he got three plays and then drawn up. Now you may go out there on defense and you mess around and you know, get a couple of trips to where y'all make got steals or you know things of that sort. Man, you forget the thing that man drew up over there. That's how I go. You be so locked.
Speaker 2: What was the second place? Yes, you go to asking your teammate. They don't even know that. See, that's what that's how we do. No huddle.
Speaker 1: Oo we called two plays in the huddle works with on one second on set hut Hey, everything right for a mas.
Speaker 2: Go what we got? He no, man, I never forget that, man, I bet I was. I was so embarrassed.
Speaker 1: Man, Hey, I ain't even look at the sideline bad because coach ree Coach reeveould get so bad. Coach returned red and he got this big old, big old vein. I mean it be bulging out of his neck because back then coaches wore suits on the sideline. On Joe, coach Rees wore suit. You know, coach, you go back and look at coach Dicky. He have on sweater vests and things like that. So coach Coach Reeve was dressed to the nine. Man, Coach ree was so bad over there. Hey, you put it getting that told of that play and I got out and ran in there and forgot all about that play. That's the worst feeling.
Speaker 2: Oh, Joey, you and everybody looking at me like, damn.
Speaker 1: How you forgetting to play? How you forgetting to play from the sideline to the hottle? Hey, I guess jogged jarred my memory.
Speaker 3: That's hey, look, that's like one forgetting to play and probably being late to like practice. That's them like the worst feelings, man, m.
Speaker 4: Late the practice, late the meetings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they already in there going through the meeting. You gotta walk.
Speaker 4: Oh man, that's that's the worst. Oh, that's the worst.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm a I'm late for the meeting. I play the game. They're a offenser player of the game. She had a sharp and you late for the meeting.
Speaker 2: I said, man, why is somebody a on behalf of mister Sharp?
Speaker 1: I like to accept this award on his behalf like they do at the oscars, like they do the grab afterward.
Speaker 2: Man, we got a snowy we got a storm.
Speaker 1: Uh. We have played Carolina that Sunday. We beat the Brakes off Carolina, and uh I cooked them, Joe cooked them. Say them for a buck seventy four? Man, that's no, just nother would.
Speaker 4: Not cooperate, couldn't get couldn't get to practice.
Speaker 2: Now it was team means because we give out.
Speaker 1: We give out the offense defensive plac team player of the game that Wednesday, and and the Mike's morning meeting. So defensive player of the game, this many tackles a pick. Uh, you know sac blah blah blah. You know, offensive player of the game. You know, be John to be TD. Most time it was TD, to be quite honest. Uh. But yeah, but that's that's a bad feeling because they a as a matter of fact, I walk it in, they get ready to break the team meeting.
Speaker 3: That's the worst feeling, bro, That is the worst feeling because there because here's the thing. It's one thing to be late. Is this the mean the mesic miss it?
Speaker 4: Huh you was that late? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Man, that meeting don't take that long cause might just say a great game, you know, blah blah blah. You congratulations that's the way, you know, play start to finish, play fans. I love everybody where is engaged. Offensive player of the game, defensive player of the game, special teams player the game.
Speaker 2: So the meeting ain't gonna go for.
Speaker 1: Like sixty seven minutes, being ladies, one thing missing the meeting and something talent, mister, the meeting might cost you know, five hundred dollars, I mean late for the meeting might cost five hundred you know, misster, the meeting gonna cost two thousand. Yeah, yeah, so yeah, yeah, I understand. And it's like I said, I need to be there. See it's hard to like pick up stuff where like you injured and they go on those plays, O sho, I need to walk through. I need I need to be I need to be there. And you know you you hurt you on the sideline. It ain't the same. It ain't the same. And ay, and in this situation, they are installing new every day. So if you got that, hey, if you not up to date on this today, guess what that's gone. We ain't talking about this no more. We we on page two and guess what, we don't page three and we don't pay four And then they come back and they go. Then they start implementing stuff from page one, two, three.
Speaker 2: Four five. Oh lord, have bersa y'all. Joe, Man, I know what you mean. I'm I do.
Speaker 3: Boy, you missed one than me, or you mess around and be late, boy, you're gonna feel lost.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, man, I had I had to get I had to get caught up. I had to get I said, man, Man, I just went home with off Caesar and I just stuted. I said, I got to know this stuff front with them backwards. I say, ain't no way, actually mad, They're gonna mess right and cut me if I don't know this stuff. Michael Porter Junior spoke about the next practice facility, saying, I'm just glad y'all got two courts. Man, Why out, Joe, who you think I got some of the worst practice facilis you've ever played there?
Speaker 3: Worst practice facility? Uh, Man, I played in some places. I'm gonna be honest with y'all. It's probably here for the Hawks. We practiced, and it's it's uh we practicing the arena that we played. Now we're here by Emory and yeah, but they had that uncle and I would saying we practiced in the arena that we played and they got a little practice court down there. That's what we did training camp. That's where we had all our practice every day. It was bad, man, it was bad.
Speaker 2: They got stated of art somebody here now it was bad. Oh cho they do? It was bad, bad man.
Speaker 3: It's a little court inside the arena and that's what we practice every day. That when we had training camp every day.
Speaker 2: It's just it was tough, man. It was yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how the the Ravens are state of art now. But when I was there, that was that was bad. But these practice facilities they got out here. It used to be the old Baltimore Colts facility. Oh yeah, oh yeah over here, back over here, George Hill, Yeah yeah. But what Michael Porter jun talking about what they got in Brooklyn. See, I was there. I was there when they built that facility.
Speaker 2: Oh man.
Speaker 3: And it ain't too many places, especially in the NBA, that can compete with that. Like that's that state of the arts.
Speaker 2: Really. Yeah. It's in Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: It's a high rise, so you can kind of you could see over the whole Brooklyn over New York.
Speaker 1: Like it's it's oh you see over the Hudson you see over everything. You see the sky, you see the city. H it's beautiful, bro, it's beautiful. It's two two huge courts in there. Uh hot tubs, cold took like they looking out for them boys over there. They and see where Michael Porter Jr. Coming from. It's Denver. They only got one court. It's probably a little bigger than what they got over here in Atlanta, where we had when I was practicing. So that's probably why he's saying that. But a lot of the surprise because stay, Crockett got some bread now. Yeah, but a lot of these teams are upgraded. They practice facilities. Man, it's boy.
Speaker 3: The Hanks got a special one over here, though, if you ain't never been to it over here, they got a special practice silly over here now next to Emory Hospital. Yeah, yeah, I get jealous every.
Speaker 1: Time I go.
Speaker 2: I used to go. I used to go over I used to go over there.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Like I said, if drew here, I used to go over there and get my knee drained. Yeah, it's some nice. It's something. It's it's a sight to see.
Speaker 4: Hey, young young boy about to get about to get a big penny over there too, ain't it Michael Porter Jr. At the point guard.
Speaker 2: Trey Young, Trey Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, they better take care of man. What else what they're gonna do with our train over here? Exactly?
Speaker 2: Nice?
Speaker 3: Yeah, make guys around them better. It ain't ain't ain't too many guys like that in the league.
Speaker 4: No more.
Speaker 2: Nope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh, you know they done got rid of John College. That that got mean, that doesnet got rid of Ain't nobody here but him. Now, basically they got a Dice and Daniels. They let Capella go. Uh, they dejonte, They traded the Jhontae, but.
Speaker 2: They got they got some talent. They got some talent.
Speaker 3: But I think with trade leading they got some talent. Man, they got some talent to be to be special, especially in this Eastern Conferences years.
Speaker 2: So I'm looking forward to that for sure. But yeah, they got a.
Speaker 1: Patriot DraftKings asked AI to name the US best sports franchises of all time by sports. No surprise, Yankees are one, Cardinals are two, Red Sox are three, Dodgers of four, Giants are five. Football Patriots are one. Steelers are two, Niners are three, Cowboys are four. Packers of five in the n b A Celtics, Lakers, Bulls, Warriors, Spurs, Hockey, Canadians, Canadians, Canadians. Uh, the Maple Leafs, the Red Wings, the Bruins, the Oilers. Any objection though, show you see anything that you object to?
Speaker 2: Uh m hm, not not really. No hold on the Patriots. Yeah, the next thing. The next thing, it appears to me.
Speaker 1: You know what appears to me? They went by they went by championships. Yeah, that's what it looked like to be.
Speaker 3: And you you're saying they won't by championships and every sport, that's what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, oh yeah. They are always doing something.
Speaker 4: He yah, got crazy man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we need to get on that thing. I needed. We need to get on that.
Speaker 1: Jonavan Kaminga reportedly prefers to play for the Sacramento Kings instead of the Golden State Warriors. Kaminga believes the Warriors have stunned and strung his career long for four seasons. Joe, do you agree it doesn't seem like he's gonna accept their I think what if the offer?
Speaker 3: Yeah, talking about the Warriors off because I think now I don't think he's gonna accept the Warriors off. I think he's actually ready to move on. Uh, but yeah, I can I can see him going to Sacramento. But that would have they would have to do like a sign in trade though, right, correct, correct, Yeah, I think if if, if the Warriors are looking to improve, I'm not sure what. I'm not sure what Sacramento has it that they will want, but they're gonna have to trade. They're gonna have to trade. Cominga man, they can't go into this season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he done, he fed up? He done? You don't You don't because you know, I'm not so sure that he trusts him anymore.
Speaker 4: Right, that's there there so doing limited team Huh why is he limiting in himself to just one team?
Speaker 2: Why Sacramento? Why not anywhere else?
Speaker 1: I don't think there's really been that style of play. Yeah, but has no grounds well because you know, go ahead, go ahead, Joe.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's really been a huge market for him, Oh, Joe, for whatever reason, it's it's right, you know, it's been a little weird for him. But uh, he's definitely a talent who can help a team obviously, you know, win a title, compete for one the Sacramento thing.
Speaker 2: I don't know where they came from.
Speaker 3: Maybe they got the money to spend, but I don't think going back to Golden State is uh, that's an option.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's beneficial for Warriors anyway, because you know the things that Curry said, you know, yeah, I think he, I think he. I think he's over that situation. Dang. And I think it kind of happened when he got go ahead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I gotta phase them out. Yeah, oh yo. Stealer's cornerback Jalen Ramsey is wearing a five dollar bill on his shoulder path it training camp. Every time I go out there, I'm trying to make some trying to make some money.
Speaker 4: He got on the flap. You gotta flap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he tried to say, trying to make money. He got it, got it on the path. I'm trying to get the bread.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like that. I like that.
Speaker 4: Whatever whatever you gotta do, whatever you gotta do to motivate yourself, whatever you gotta do to stay locked in, right.
Speaker 2: I like it. I like what this.
Speaker 1: This is the second time he's got traded because he came from the Rams. He spent two years in Miami and now he go, what damn he started in Jacksonville. Yeah, oh, the been a couple of years in Jacksonville. Good ad defense in Jacksonville.
Speaker 2: Boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this contract year for him yeah, oh he just signed one. Say yeah, he just they just extended him all last year.
Speaker 4: There wasn't nothing wronging. Why you don't understand why they did.
Speaker 1: No, he said he had what he tried to make money when he out there. That's what he's trying to say. He trying to make money.
Speaker 2: While he out there.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, yeah, all right, that's something you would have done with Joe when you were playing.
Speaker 4: Oh nah, no, I ain't putting that no fire out. I would have a dollar on them, not no fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know you saw what I tried to bribe that referee. You notice I tried to bribe him with a with a dollar bid or write anything more than that.
Speaker 2: Did they find you for there? Yeah?
Speaker 4: They found me a little twenty thousands? Cool, it was worth it. Iconic moment the NFL can't take a joke.
Speaker 2: No, I said they should have slapped it.
Speaker 1: I told him the should have slapped him with a boy the Oh yeah, what I say, I said, I about have said one hundred thousand.
Speaker 4: Went off went off for me when he was on he was on Fox.
Speaker 2: Huh I CBS.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was so funny. Hey, Joe bo went off where it was funny. When I saw it, I just laugh I just laughed. I said, you know what, I'm gonna make sure I do something else to following week two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you kept some scenami.
Speaker 4: I like.
Speaker 1: I like all the I like all the dances. I like all the other stuff, the river dance, and I liked the uh the sombreil rode. Yeah, he stayed on some bull jib. Joe cam Ward told The Athletic there's a target on his back. I don't think I'm being welcome in the league with open arms. I was the first pick. I'm blessed to be on that.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: But at the end of the day, there's a target on my back. There's a target on everyone's back.
Speaker 2: In the league.
Speaker 1: But I'm trying to prove myself to my teammate. Yep, right, they want to see why you the first pick. Yeah, just like we go out there to the dB that was the first round pick, or he won the Thorp Award and you won the buckets or he whatever you want.
Speaker 2: I need to see why you won that award. Bro Absolutely, yeah, oh yeah, they're gonna try you.
Speaker 4: Now, there's no true Yeah, there's no there's no target for one. Obviously, when you think about first round picks, he might be the first. This might be the first time in the history of the NFL the first round pick slipped up under the radar. All attention is going to the fifth round pick. If you think about it, you have you have slipped right up under the radar as far as you coverage and all the hoopla that always surrounded the first pick of the draft. Yeah, because of the shadeur effects. So I'm looking I'm looking forward to what cam Ward does this season. You you're gonna be fine because you got some pieces over there to work with too. You got some pieces to work with.
Speaker 1: So Joe, that's the same thing with Brandy James. We ain't talking about not one first round draft pick. All they talked about fifty five Broughdy James. And you know cam that that market he's in that ain't a huge market, you know what I mean? No, Yeah, So that's that's another.
Speaker 2: Reason why this Cleveland right right that name Yeah, uh Sanders James. Yeah, I mean they talked.
Speaker 1: They talked more about the fifty fifth pick in the draft than they did the top two pick. And I think the Wizards got one and the Hawks got the other. Yeah, man, but no, Cam, then you ain't got no talking on your back, bro. That's everybody to come in, everybody that's a first round draft pick. You a first round draft pick. People need to say, and you're the number one overall draft pick. But they hey, they gonna check you. I D every game you go in, they checking. I D make sure you old enough to be in the club.
Speaker 4: Every time.
Speaker 1: They're gonna make sure you old us to be in the club. Veterans uh forty nine ers. Veteran left tackle Trent showed fust doing practice because Nick Bosa kept beating him. Nick Bosas beating tread with a lot of time. Trent yesterday had a big reaction to a move of the ball period that was dominated by nick Bosa. The offense was stopped by Nick Bosa. Trent came off the field exacerbated, like he banged his thighs.
Speaker 2: Just fel it's frustrated. I think that's great for the team.
Speaker 1: I think that's gonna push Trent to get better and be better through our training camp, and he's gonna be Trent Williams by the time September rolls around. I hate to use iron shopping irons, but it's definitely what's happening in camp. Williams is thirty seven, recently said that he wants to play until his forties.
Speaker 4: Beat camp, beat in camp consistently, especially by somebody that's gonna frustrate you. Well, who better than Nick Bosa to get yourself where you gotta get to, because you're not gonna be facing Nick Bosas sixteen. Nick Bosa's nah, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, seventeen Now they got seventeen games, They're gonna be seventeen Nick Bosas.
Speaker 2: Hey, but you got went over there, jad verse, He ain't no, he ain't no either victory.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, he's he's a little undersized.
Speaker 2: Do we love underside a look quicker? Yeah, but hey, don't let that underside fool you. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he can go now hmm.
Speaker 2: And I think, uh, the Cardinals got one of the Eagles defensive lineman.
Speaker 4: Oh, one of them seven last year?
Speaker 2: Right? No, not read it?
Speaker 4: Uh no, not ready he was a single digit though it was he was a single digit if I'm not mistaken, you.
Speaker 2: Think, so who was it?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Who is the uh?
Speaker 2: And who was that d lineman that went to Uh yeah, Joshua, Yeah he was a single digit?
Speaker 4: Right, Ash was he? I could have swore yeah he was a single digit because I swore he was.
Speaker 1: Because he's the one that said he could have even have been the Super Bowl MVP. Yeah, so they got they got some guys that didn't get off the rock on you now. Yeah, but you know, trends coming to a Trens coming out. I think Trent was nick last year.
Speaker 2: He came. He's coming off an injury.
Speaker 4: He had a few injuries. He was out along with McCaffrey was out.
Speaker 2: They had a couple of guys there, had a couple of guys out.
Speaker 1: They lost the uh the wide receiver are you are you Brett?
Speaker 2: Yeah, a couple of dbs her finger.
Speaker 1: Uh. Look, it's not gonna be as easy important to think because they lost a lot of guys. Drake Greenlaw with late coming back, he's gone now. Uh, the dB he ended up going to the Colts.
Speaker 2: Uh not Ward Yeah, wait yep?
Speaker 4: The Davy is war left Yep.
Speaker 2: Yep, was nice.
Speaker 1: That's why Andy Petty the dice, all right, it's time for our final segment of the evening. It's time for Q and A.
Speaker 2: Zeus.
Speaker 1: The bullet said, oh, Jo, you make no sense. Jerry Golf rating higher than Jalen Hurts Sanders sixty seven. Wh wasn't he the best QB in college? Voted by his peers? Crazy work?
Speaker 4: Everybody just asked me, right, what do you ask you? Rating is based on static? Does he know that? So he just compared comparing Jared Golf that and Jayleen Hurts.
Speaker 2: Like, what are we? What are we do? Say you? You say you got a Jared Golf rating higher than Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 4: Hey, I have a question for you. What what are Golf through for last year?
Speaker 2: Are you through for over four thousand yards? Okay?
Speaker 4: What is Jalen Hurst though for last year?
Speaker 2: Not over four thousand?
Speaker 4: Okay, there's the answer. You don't get ratings based off accolades, and we know we won the Super Bowl. The rating is based off the.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you know what. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: Dulo Gante. I've been playing man since it was on Sega Genesis with three buttons.
Speaker 2: Oh yo. I challenged you to a dude.
Speaker 4: You not beat me. You not beat me. You not beat me nothing, Madden, PIFA, matter of fact, any gaming console.
Speaker 2: You not beat me in.
Speaker 4: Nothing from Atari, Turbo, Graphic sixteen, Nintendo, nothing, nobody else.
Speaker 1: Cam to eat that guy. Everybody can't beat that guy, Cam Newton say he that guy.
Speaker 4: Cam, Cam Sorriest Hell and mad Man. Cam can't beat me doing nothing, Tennis, pickleball, golf, nothing.
Speaker 2: Doctor Frank L.
Speaker 1: Bellaman, Hey, fam, Oh, it was good to see you sterling back on Club shashow again. So happy for your family. Love y'all. Thank you, Doc. We really appreciate that. Yeah, we are very very excited. Aaron Owen said, Man, I'm excited to see Millams a Marius Mims this season. The Bengals got them one. I think he's a future all pro o JO. That's your that's your team, that's your neck.
Speaker 2: Of the woods. Nice, be nice.
Speaker 4: I've been seening. I've been seeing a few clips of him, uh playing very well. Also, I saw some clips today where he wasn't in with the with the with the first unit. I'm not sure what was going on with that. Maybe, but he's a slot he left the right side, right side, right tackle.
Speaker 2: Oh you're talking your tackle. Oh okay, the big body. Yeah yah ya ya ya yea yeah yeah yahyah you talk about yea yeah, yea yea.
Speaker 4: Yea yea yea yeah, yeah, yeah, nice, really nice.
Speaker 1: Uh Kevin slide Hopper. Who do y'all think will wear Rookie of the Year on both sides?
Speaker 4: Oh that's a good one.
Speaker 2: I'm going I'm going with the boy out for the Jags. I'm going with Travis.
Speaker 1: Travis, gonna with both of them. I think I do Cardi, I think you do car Yeah. I think he'll probably win the Defensive the Year. Yeah, he can get off that ball. He can get off the rock man.
Speaker 4: Man, this man got a tool box.
Speaker 2: You can jump out the rock. I see about three.
Speaker 4: Different moves on film from him in practice. Yeah, he can get up the rock, hitting a light Freedie.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what the hell? He can get up through all? Joe? He can, Joe, he give us rock.
Speaker 1: That concludes this episode of Nightcap. Thank you guys for joining us. Appreciate you stopping by. We really really appreciate you guys and support. Y'all know me, I'm your favorite unk. Shannon Shark, my partner co hosts Liberty City's own Bengals Ring of Fame, Honterie Madden Adjuster, Pro Bowler, All Pro. He's Chad o Cho Senko Johnson and third co host y'all know who he is. University of Arkansas, lum Arkansas, Little Little Little Rock, Arkansas native is so Joe Joe Johnson. Please make sure y'all hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that like button, and guys, go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed whatever you get your podcasts from. We want to thank each and every one of our listeners, each and with every one of our subscribers, because without you, there can be no Nightcap. So we thank our low listeners and follow us. Thank you so very very much because thanks to you, we're able to be who we are. So thank you again very much. Make sure you check out my shade by Lapotier. We do have it in stock now. If you can't find it in a city or state near you, order it online we'll shift it directly to your door. And thanks to La Poitier, we got a new drop and this one is personal. I've created a limited edition release and honored my brother going into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. As you know, we are the first brothers and too elected inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. And it's just not a bottle, it's a tribute. And once they're gone, they're gone. So early release tomorrow, make sure you grab yours. Please go follow my media company page on all of its platforms, shay Shape Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. That link is pending in the chat. Are off until Sunday. We are off until Sunday. I'm on my way to Canton for the festivities of the Pro Pustball Hall of Fame. Thank you guys again for your support. We'll see you back here on Monday, on Sunday, not Monday, Sunday.
Speaker 2: Words Pasa