Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Relax, it'll be okay. We're here at and Rich. Everything's at Covino and Rich at Steve Covino. If you want to see my resting d face, well, nice resting d face. Rich Davis the happiest guy at the studio. Good weekend, everyone, weekend. Sammy run on the boards today, Sammy, you look sad today, tired. I think you literally look over here him smiling, You're like sad. He's having a bad hair day. So Sam, I don't worry about it. Sam working a lot, Okay, Sam's break. Sam was like, Yo, double up the coffee this morning, let's go. I was like, Rich, I need two espresso shots in my coffee.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: I never saying someone do that before? What to espresso shots in it like in a regular coffee, just boosts it up a little bit, little boost juice. That's when he turns into Cornolio in a few minutes. I need DP. So stick around to see Sam start acting wild.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Danny g Is on the phones at eight said seven ninety nine O Fox speaking a good weekend. Yeah, Joshua Bias sort of weekend. Three Dogs, three home runs. By the way, speaking of this weekend, we hope everyone had a great one. We gotta say rest in peace. Tommy John. Yeah, the most shout outs I think of any athlete in sports, Tommy John, who as a Yankees fan growing up watched play dude never won a World Series though, How sad is that? But Tommy johns thirty years, they never won a World Series. There's you know something he said about he will forever be a name. You just keep saying Tommy John surgery, no one, no one calls it. I guess the technical term for that surgery. It will forever be Tommy John surgery. Should be a Hall of Famer. Two hundred and eighty eight wins.
Speaker 3: What is the technical term?
Speaker 2: Rich, do you have a doctor? I mean, like no, but here's the iron, you know, But like I'm sure there's just because of he was the guy that got the surgery and effectively returned and had you know, could have Are you well been done? Oh he had more wins after the surgery. Yeah, he had that surgery in nineteen seventy four. Yeah, and he played until he was one hundred and forty five years old. But Tommy John one of those guys that like, you're right. In a different timeline, he would have just been done, but the surgery changed the game and he played in the.
Speaker 3: Lateral ligament reconstruction.
Speaker 2: There, it's easier to say tomm john Yeah, Tommy John way easier. In seventy seven, he was on the Dodgers lost to the Yankees in the World Series. In seventy eight, he was on the Dodgers lost to the Yankees. In eighty one, he was on the Yankees lost to the Dodgers. Oh, man, he's always on the wrong side. No, he was on the wrong side.
Speaker 3: Dude's so weak inside out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but a legendary career. And of course, man, the crazy news last night, Hayden Panatier thirty six years old.
Speaker 3: She passed away. That's sad.
Speaker 2: Sorry to hear that, but I'm the positive. You know what else I watched besides lots of preseason foosball and baseball, Danny g just something to throw out there because you finally watched Hard Knocks. No, I'm on Hard Knocks. Can't wait for the next episode tomorrow. I love it, dude. I'm buying into the Seahawks.
Speaker 3: I really am.
Speaker 2: Stop his spin rate, dude, stop a third place in the NFC West, the spin Rate, shadow Boxing, Donald's spin right, the shadow Box in the chemistry. I'm really buying into Seattle. There's a Travis Barker documentary that and look, I'm not a Blink one eighty two fit. I mean, I'm not not a fan, but I'm not like a big but man, what a story, what a great documentary. It's on Hulu, Travis Barker's Crazy Life, and you know, definitely worth the watch if you just want to watch something in interesting. I'm sure his life is already crazy, but I would imagine he was in a plain crazy. Yes, that is a lot, but there's so much about that you don't know.
Speaker 3: You're like, jeez, Luise, you.
Speaker 2: Don't need to be a fan, is what I'm saying. To enjoy the documentary that's on Hulu. I watched that over the weekend, and you know, happy to be here in for Dan Patrick day one of the Dan Patrick Hatrick and coming up, we got big Poppy baseball trivia, He's got prizes, we got Marvin next talking forty nine ers and more of the Danettes Danette fame. But right now we continue fall offs in sports and in life just based on cal Rale Again, that's no shade. I'm getting feedback, like, leave cal Rawley alone. He's battling injury. We get that an injury shouldn't really be part of it, but still it is.
Speaker 4: It's significantly Yeah, then why does Rich keep pilot on Edwin Diaz?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: How much much of this conversation and lost?
Speaker 3: Stop you please stop with your bad joke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it's embarrassing when you bust out those trumpets. Yeah, like how much leg the way he's playing, you should break out of kazoo? Well, how much.
Speaker 4: You're like your own team, You're like your Mets social media team. Rich, you are in no position to be trolling anybody. Do you see what your Mets did over the weekend?
Speaker 2: Well he starts turning it around. They should kazoos. Yeah, no, I'm with you. It makes more sense. You can't have this majestic you know, entrance and then fizzle.
Speaker 3: Like that Mets fan making fun of Dives.
Speaker 2: Code is saying is three for three and saves and it comes out to Michael Jackson. It's like Rich in the bedroom in the early two thousands. He came with all this promise and it fizzled. Who told you? I heard from other people? All right, so a lah cal Rawley, no disrespect, but who do you think of when it comes to man, they fell off like maybe at one moment he or she was awesome and then there's something happened. There's two other stories. It's not all cal Raleigh. You know you saw the unflattering photos of schemes over the weekend, And if you haven't, I don't know, do a few more scrolls because they're everywhere. The poor guy. You know, pictures aren't meant to be ripped. That's not gonna help them. You need to be a little limber and a little soft or else. If you're playing tight, you can't be throwing heat like that at a consistent level. So he's a little, a little on the chubby side. But he's also nine and eleven, also with Livy Dunn, so I think he's fine. Yeah, But when you're Paul Skeens and you had a one point nine seven e R a lifetime lifetime, you know, you know you're you're in the ones and now you're in the threes and you're nine and eleven, and I don't know, then the demeanor starts to add up right, even though he's always sort of that way. Uh, it doesn't look good. So that's part of the conversation. And of course he's great. We know these guys are great. I just say, but his velocity has dropped consistently, right, I mean it's only steady, it's only a couple miles prow But in baseball those miles per hour matter. And I do I do think that a new team eventually when the Pirates, when his run with the Pirates is over and he goes somewhere else, I think that'll change things. But what about Danny G's boy Kyle Tucker getting a lot of criticism. You know, Kyle Tucker is gonna ride a fly ball over the weekend him. The Dodgers going through some struggles now is why this is being exposed. Because when the Dodgers were the best team in baseball, you can fly under the right. That's just life, right, you can fly unto the radar if everything's great. The minute the struggles, all of a sudden, it's you. It's like people start trying to point favors right like right now. The only way the Dodgers aren't your World Series favorite is if they have to play in that first round of the playoffs because that three seed. And right now, Danny, you're I think, like a half a game behind the Bravos. So as of right now, I'm pretty sure the Dodgers would be this Andy Cohen on the Brovos. How about Jeff Lewis, Yeah, out on the Bravos. But right now, I think if you look at the standings, the Brewers and Braves would be your one and two seed, which means the Dodgers would have to play in that wildcard round, and that would be That's where you start looking at it, like, well, it's with Kyle Tucker. What's with Edwin Diz? Now if they're the one or two seed and they're coasting, I don't think anyone talks about it. But Kyle Tucker was a guy that we all thought got too much money, and now it's abundantly clear he got too much money.
Speaker 4: My older brother, he's a little intense with Dodgers and he has a Dodger chat he formed with me and other family members.
Speaker 3: This was him yesterday after the.
Speaker 4: Everything sucks at the end of the dude, this sucks. This team listened to listen to this suck. By the way, nobody replied to this, but this is what he said yesterday. This team is so out of sorts. Tucker sucks, Capital Bet sucks right now, Freddy's Ben sucking. No, Will Smith O Tawny off and on bullpen sucks. Robert Roberts, Robert sucks. I saw a movie that that bad dish. They do that double play.
Speaker 3: That's the thing.
Speaker 4: Like, we know the Dodgers usually have really great defense, and so you know, things stand out extra when Kyle Tucker obviously you know who's struggled at the plate, but he's also in the outfield dropping balls that are coming right to his glove.
Speaker 2: So granted, here's the thing with a lot of this discussion, there's some people that had career years and they're impossible to match. You can say that about Kyle Rawley. I didn't expect them to hit sixty plus home runs this season. I thought this guy, Trent Grisham, like Trent Grisham had a year last year with the Yankees, signed a big deal. Now he's playing like like he probably normally would like. It's hard to match like a magical year. Number One, injuries play a factor, so keep that in mind. But I'm gonna throw another name out there in the world of entertainment, how about that? Well, so you know what, I'll let you start because I know you had a good one. I have a couple. I have a couple. Not to get political, but when you talk about falloffs, Rudy Giuliani, that's a good one. Like this, Remember like there was a point where he was, you know, as we come on up to the twenty fifth anniversary of nine to eleven, you know what it was. He was America's mayor. I know you're gonna say that the hair dye was the hair dyve was that everyone else all And by the way, I hope that never happens to me. Every night, every night before I go to bed, I pray one day and I always ended, and I was like, please never let that Jiuliani thing ever happen in me. I dye my hair, please do not at any dark brown black just for men dripping down my face. In the middle of show, I thought of another one. I I thought of a food. What happened?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Danny was a popular right here, but I sure as hell know on the East Coast where a lot of our affiliates are. Do you remember maybe like in the last twenty years, frozen yogurt pink Berry fell. They opened they opened the pink Berry on every quarter and all of.
Speaker 4: A Sudden'm like, is there one last I don't know if it's still there, but there was one city.
Speaker 3: There was one in downtown Burbank.
Speaker 2: When there's one here, yeah, right, but that's sour Froz drive a half hour out of their way to go to that last one. That reminds me of you know here, quiz no, no, no no, when when we Rich and I were working in Manhattan, there was one point where Ranch one Chicken was everywhere that now, yeah, it's non existent, but it was everywhere at one point. All right, I'm gonna go back to baseball real quick. Yeah, because I believe he just announced his retirement, Danny g Can we checked that, Yeah, I'm certain he did last week. Tim Anderson like this, This dude went from you know, being an elite player in the Glory feel the dreams, glory you were there, Samon is there the walk off home run against the Yankees, right, and then he gets popped in the face, and I think that's where it all goes down his mojo. Yeah, I think he lost his mojo when he got in that tussle but announced his retirement and man, that again, great career. We say this respectfully, but yeah, definitely a major fall off. Like what happened to that guy in the world of entertainment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that happened on August tenth, that he officially announced his retirement.
Speaker 2: Who lost their mojo? Mojo?
Speaker 3: That's a good question.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, Besides, I'm not saying I'm not saying this disrespectfully, but if you read social media and you read what people say, some people in our industry have fallen off a lot. I don't even want to say it. It feels sacrilegious. But a lot of people say stern. Oh, yeah, I'm not saying I say. I'm just saying. I know to say, yeah, I don't take that kindly. I'll defend the guy like, yeah, he's still the best.
Speaker 3: Beat it.
Speaker 2: You know, that guy was a pioneer and what we do.
Speaker 3: I don't think you could still say he's the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you can say. You you read the comments and you you get the reaction of people. I'll give you one. I think sometimes that an actor can't get that next gig, maybe because of the show they were on or typecasted like maybe typecasting. But I was in the two thousands. My wife and I we loved How I Met your Mother. That main actor Josh Radther that played Ted Moseby. You would think you have a gig like that, you do something afterwards, No, you don't, Like we said, to be fair, we don't know if he chooses or you know, remember remember women went nuts for that Taylor Lautner guy in the two thousands. What happened to that guy ankle sprain or something.
Speaker 4: That's exactly how I think about Carlton from Fresh.
Speaker 3: Videos.
Speaker 4: How do you go from you know, one of the best TV sitcoms of all time to home home video.
Speaker 2: The Fando funds of Roberto Dude, he's the best, the.
Speaker 4: Star and I'm not saying he's not talented, it's just, you know, when you're type casted like that, it's hard to bounce back.
Speaker 2: What do we got?
Speaker 4: It's like Casey and Jojo, remember they're a huge hit rich You're yeah, did they ever recover from that?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: How many songs do they have? That kind of sounded like you remember.
Speaker 2: One of them clapsed on stage and died and then he woke back. No. No, one of them clapped on stage, and the other person just kept saying, yeah, I don't think there's a famous Casey and Jojo club. But they're singing and all of a sudden one of them falls, and the other persons like all right, and they just keep going, Yeah, it's a wild clip.
Speaker 3: If you forget, is it Casey or Jojo?
Speaker 2: I'll never know, So fall off in life the studio lines. And by the way, you know, we like comeback stories. So not rooting against any of these people to prove us all wrong or like we already alluded to, maybe it's a choice that people make the cal rally or the pink berry in your life. That's basically we got daddy. Let's start in Orlando, Paul, what's up?
Speaker 1: Paul?
Speaker 6: Hey, you got a handful in different sports. But I think the best example would be Chris Davis Major League Baseball balst memorials fifty three home runs in twenty thirteen, forty seven, and twenty fifteen, followed by Major League Baseball record oh for fifty four hitless streak.
Speaker 2: Andy remember I remember, like I remember checking his stat life every day great call. That's a good one, brother, But you got to realize too, like is it Paul? Is it all mental?
Speaker 3: By the way, Paul, hold on the line, We'll get you seeing our price pack.
Speaker 2: Right, Like I'm not to throw another Yankee example out there, because there's a lot of fall if you have a crazy season. Like, dude, remember jass Chishm was thirty thirty last year. This year he was like, I'm going fifty to fifty. Yeah, big dream. And he's terrible this year and he admits it. Right, a lot of players fall off. Anthony vaults fifty. He met on the lunch bill when he goes, that's all right, Anthony ball. He went from gold Glove World Series grand like he's in the minors now the lead. But I truly believe he will be an All Star again. I think it's all like a little he's putting the mental and fundamentals. I think he forgot how to play a little bit, or forgot who he was. So we wish all these dudes the best, but it is what it is, like, you know, fell off. And I say this respectfully. I like the dude, and this is I could be wrong, Like I think Danny g is wrong about being two respectful Josh Hartnett, because that dude was like a two thousand's dream boat. And I seen him in a few Black Mirror episodes and he was playing Oppenheimer. I don't know, dude. I haven't seen him in his big kind of his comeback. Yeah, he had one good decent Well, hey, maybe I'm wrong about it, but he was a big deal and I haven't seen You're.
Speaker 3: The one who's wrong.
Speaker 4: I gotta go on one other oriole though, since Paul brought.
Speaker 2: Up the Oria Anderson, Brady Anderson, you know what, he turned his sideburns and it was all downhill. Yeah, the powers in the burns. He had those sideburns when he was bringing up Davis. That's exactly what I thought of Danny. You know, Danny, I'll throw one more out there in the world of football. He sat out a year because of a contract dispute and never was the same guy when he came back. Do you know what I'm talking about? Sat out a year because of a contract dispute. Yeah, running running back Bell. Le'Veon Bell three year he was His stat lines were ridiculous. He led the league in attempted rushes. He had almost thirteen hundred yards. The guy was a touchdown machine. I was gonna say he fought, he's fighting all these ridiculous fights, and he fought Rag. Do you remember he sat out? You know he came you're fighting ray Ja. Things that may have gone bad, but no, he came back, played for the Jets and just float around the league for a little while and was like, what happened to ViOn bell You're right now he's fighting. He actually could fight, but you know he started. Now he's fighting. Jose canseeka yea start going bowling instead of like going to practice. Remember that story, Yeah, said he skipped out to go bowling. You know what, Well, let's we got a ton of funk calls. Let's take one more now and then we'll welcome up Marvin, one of your favorite Danats, of course from the Dan Patrick Show. Gonna be hanging. What's uh? What's up there?
Speaker 3: All right? Kenny in Los Angeles?
Speaker 2: Kenny, what's up?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 5: Good morning?
Speaker 6: What up?
Speaker 3: Bud?
Speaker 5: Good morning?
Speaker 8: All right? So we're gonna go back to twenty nineteen. Cody Bellinger, he's the l MVP. Yeah, he hit three or five with one on three five ops. We get the twenty twenty COVID year come twenty twenty one doesn't play by a full teams ninety five games point five four to two OPS and a two week OPS and a one sixty five batting average. You know how you you got them in those line at two hundred. I actually pre pretty caught the Uker line. Well, I came up with a news stat point one sixty seven, one for six off the Bellinger barometer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but hell by cal Rally. Cal Rally is below the Bellinger barometer. But you know what, Bellicher is one of those guys that bounce back and became like a commodity again. But I'll be honest, there was a year I was like, how did Cody Bellinger? Yeah, he fell off, but he found himself. He went from a Dodger stud to like what yeah, at all Star MVP.
Speaker 4: On our YouTube channel, mouser And since he says running back Peyton hillis got that Madden cover curse Peyton hillis.
Speaker 2: Remember it was like who's this, who's this?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: You know who's his stud? He was like a big white lug and everyone's like, this guy's unstoppable. He was stoppable. You know what we're gonna be joined by Marvin. Next we'll talk, you know, we'll take some more of these phone calls, and then Hank Tikers will give a prize away to the one that makes the say no way and Marvin, much like.
Speaker 3: I think Rich booked Marvin just so we could talk forty nine ers.
Speaker 2: That is true because we're both Niners fans and I need to I need an ally. As we do a little schedule watching, we'll talk to NFL and take more of your calls on people, places, things that just fell off. All next right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio in the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 9: This is Rob Parker and I'm here with an important public service announcement. Whatever you do, do not listen to the Paulie and Tony Fusco Show. Fox Sports Radio asked me to do a promo, but I'm here to do a no mo, as in, don't listen to this show. No Mo the host of two fools from Philly who have the dumbest takes ever in all of sports talk. And you know, if I'm saying that they must really be bad. I have no idea why Fox Sports Radio picked this up, but I know where to put it down in the trash can. So please don't listen to the Paulie and Tony Fusco Show.
Speaker 2: No way, no how, all right, Covino and Rich and for the great Dan Patrick doing a life for the Fox Sports Radio studio. If you've ever wiped with a piece of dry toilet paper and wondered, as good as it gets, it's not, uh, switched to life changing wet extra large fleshable dude wipes because wetter just cleans better. Available at Amazon and all major retailers nationwide. Dude wipes, best clean pants down. I'm Rich Shavist. That is Steve Cavino. I was Sam's he or Danny Gezier in for DP. You got to turn your mic on if you're going to talk, bro, I was the same freshly dude white. Oh sorry, is that where you were?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Make sure, yeah, man, I was just you know, putting it to practice, you know what. Speaking of, let's welcome as we're in for Dan Patrick, good guy from the Dan Patrick Show. One of the Dan Nettes. Our dude, Marvin, what's up?
Speaker 3: Marvin.
Speaker 5: What's going on, guys?
Speaker 2: Hey Mard, we're welcoming you to your own show. How's that.
Speaker 10: Little a little weird that I'm I'm at home, feed my dog and feed my son and like, oh, you know what, I guess I'll go into work today.
Speaker 2: Hey man, it's great to see dude.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: Same here, same here.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: So you and I are both Niners fans, and I know I need I need some backing up on this because I'm accused often of totally playing the role of Homer when it comes to the Niners. Am I terribly optimistic? Or do you also feel like the window is not closed yet?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: I'm Homer Simpson. I'm with you, Like I don't Yeah, I don't think it's I don't think it's closed.
Speaker 10: Only because of what the Niners did last year with all of the injuries and we still won what eleven twelve games? Yeah, we ended up losing to the eventual Super Bowl champion, obviously, the Seahawks that are in the same division as the forty nine ers. So like, I'm not going to put my money down that they'll go to the Super Bowl or anything, but it would have shocked me if they made another playoff run, just only because of the job that Shanahan did with these guys last year.
Speaker 2: And think of all the pieces the Niners are missing last year. And and they went into the final week of the season. Had they had beaten the Seahawks in the final week, they were even the one seed. And now everyone's healthy for now. And you got that stribling guy. You keep talking about Mike Evans like, I don't know, just keeps talking about stribbling. Are you high on him too, Marvin? Huh stribbling? You high on this guy?
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, I said, han just to make sure we change the subject.
Speaker 10: I'm not high on him like that, but you know, if he turns out to be a real player, it wouldn't surprised me.
Speaker 5: But I'm not like super high on him though.
Speaker 2: Not So we do something, Marvin. We do something called schedule watching. I think, let's just zip through the forty nine ers schedule. Hit it's Sam, let's go.
Speaker 1: Rich loves to look at the schedule game schedule watching.
Speaker 2: I go through every game and we decide we got an affair. Though I feel like Marvin's gonna breath be realistic when it comes to this, which is good because Rich is crazy about us forty nine ers. We've we've done this with a few teams so far, and what do we come up with that? I think the I think the Cardinals might win a game a game a game, yeah, but they're me I'm projected to win about four. I mean, I think they're bad, bad, there's and I think maybe up to seven games, you're going to be better than we think. All right, so this first game in Australia do we do hate it? I hate it too, but I'm I'm I think I'm realistic and saying I'm okay giving them an L. However, do you know the forty nine Ers and Rams have a completely different approach to this game as far as travel. Did you see this where the Niners are going to be there for a little while where the Rams are like going in, they're playing and they're going home. So I'll still give them an L.
Speaker 3: But I don't like it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So they start off oh and one right? We all agree?
Speaker 5: Can I ask the question now? Is this a home for the Niners or you.
Speaker 2: Know it has the Rams listed as a home as a home game, so you could argue that maybe down the line. This is a little split, a little split sky little uh, you know, Niners with the next one. Then game two against the Dolphins w W one and one, one and one Cardinals. Okay, please big dub. Now we're looking at two and one Broncos at the Niners.
Speaker 3: Two and two.
Speaker 2: It's a good one. At the Niners, do I'll give it to you. I'm yeah, I will. I don't know what you guys think. Crazy to say everybody's healthy?
Speaker 3: You got that.
Speaker 2: We we joke about no one knows anything at this point of the season, but we all we all pretend, but I don't know healthy three on one. I'm giving it two three one three one at the Seahawks. Will say, well, we'll take an ol there maybe, or no.
Speaker 5: We'll take at three and two.
Speaker 2: Commanders four and two, yep, foul five and two.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Raiders are going to see you two.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 2: Cowboys, Oh that's a battle in the Bay. Cowboys seven and two. Yeah, Vikings eight and two. Oh yeah, where's we're the game? San Francisco? Oh W eight and two and now Seahawks. We gave them the first, so we get to take the second. Oh yes, So so nine and two oh wait, the greatest team ever? Come on, keep going, Giants? Yeah right, too many question marks with the Giants. Wait a minute, did you give the Rams the first one?
Speaker 3: Because if you give the forty.
Speaker 2: Nine is the second one?
Speaker 5: Eleven and two?
Speaker 2: You know you're not factoring in here though. There's always that surprise right like it could be Raiders was totally surprised because you've took your foot off the pedal that week. No surprise, okay, so what is it? We're eleven and two, eleven and two Archers and then the Chiefs.
Speaker 5: One of us split. Yes, I think we split those. Okay, we don't. We don't win both of those. Those are two good teams right there.
Speaker 3: And back to back. That's tough.
Speaker 2: Twelve and three yep mm hmm. Eagles another tough one.
Speaker 5: I give the Eagles that one, okay?
Speaker 2: And then and then Cardinals, Oh, come on, thirteen and Marvin thirteen and four, thirteen and four, Big Dreaming are realistic?
Speaker 3: Big dream.
Speaker 4: You forgot?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're Richie, totally forgot injuries and like this is all lot apply again. Maybe a surprise win for somebody else, but they're gonna be decent. The schedule gets tougher though as the season goes on. You got to start off strong here to to really lock it in. I forgot how to how tough it got at the end, Marvin, you're the thought.
Speaker 10: There's one game that would scare me, and that's the Falcons. The Falcons last year, to me, we're the most frustrating team in the football because of all of the weapons that they had and they had nothing to show for it. So and it's in Atlanta because I'm trying to go to that game after a night at Magic City.
Speaker 2: By the way, yeah, let's talk about that. Magic said, let me tell you about Magic City. I want to hear about you and DP Magic City. No, but Hod bringing Dan to Magic City. Well, we're gonna talk about that in a second. But you know, back to your Falcons. I mean, the quarterback situation is a little sketchy there. Even if they lose that game, twelve and five forty nine Ers are set up for a pretty nice season if all goes according to Rich's schedule, watching plan and health is a factor obviously. I mean, bring yeah, if you bring Dan to Magic City, yeah, he has to make an announcement. Welcome to the Cheek Show. Yeah, you know, I've seen Rich in action at Magic City. Of course. You know, I'm eating wings, is what I saw. Is that really your plan though, Marvin, You're gonna be out there for that.
Speaker 10: I'm trying right now. I'm trying to just see if I can and uh get myself down there. I mean, I can't get down there, and then I just want to make sure I'm back in Connecticut for Monday morning for the show.
Speaker 2: It's tough to do with those shows, right, you know. Yeah, I love Magic City. And he's there with his kids and his and his family and everything, and he is in close practice. Yeah, he's not getting You're not getting mean mugged by wifey in Vicinity or no, no, no.
Speaker 10: No, Because the funny thing is I'm not a real patron of those type of establishments. Magic City is the one. And we did celebrity family feud down in Atlanta. Yeah, and my wife was like, well you have to go, dude. You don't go anywhere else.
Speaker 2: You don't do anything, Okay, all right, And of course the wings are the real deal. That's not just the story about the way. We have a Magic City story, Marvin, where Cavino was being like lame as usual. Like, so we we are down there doing a listener event, and of course some listeners like, yo, we got to bring you guys to Magic City. Cavino goes, I'm gonna stay in the car. I was spent, dude, I was beat, I really was. There was a little mix of everything.
Speaker 5: So only spent. The only spent you're trying to do is spend the money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said. So Cavino is doing this caro, bro, I'm tired. So he is like, I'm gonna stay in the car. We start, we start walking, We start walking up to Magic City. We start walking up to the establishment. All of a sudden, our car alarm starts going off, and I'm like, what the hell's going on? We're making a scene because all of a sudden there's a car making all this hell of a noise in the parking lot. We go back, like, Cavino, what happened? This alarm keeps going off. It's interpreting Cavino as a child. We left in the back seat, and meanwhile in the car trying to see people looking at me, knocking on the windows. Embarrassing, dude, let me ask you said, I didn't go in you said the Celebrity Family Feud, you guys did. What was that experience?
Speaker 10: Like, by the way, it was pretty just only because you know, we do a TV show every single day.
Speaker 5: But when we were on the set, everyone got nervous.
Speaker 10: Like even even Dan got nervous and was like, man, I can't even believe, like we're here, so I consider us the dan X almost like you know, you guys watch the show Entourage, you guys see Yeah, like Dan is Vinnie Chase and we're Turtle and drama and he and those guys yea, like look wherever he goes, we're sure to follow.
Speaker 5: And just being on stage and like, man, Steve Harvey's right there.
Speaker 2: What's his mustache?
Speaker 7: As glorious as I remember, more even more so in person. Yeah, it was beautiful, unbelievable experience. And I'm glad they shot the rich Eysen and those guys, But man, I'm happy we won.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you, did you was it instinctual that you have to say good answer, good answer? Like is that like do you feel like when you're there, you just you have to say good answer, good answer.
Speaker 5: No, Because at the Dan Patrick Show, we don't encourage one another.
Speaker 3: As true, good as true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys, you got I know, you guys are quick to uh you know, not encourage each other's takes on something. You know that is a wild story though a guy that's on TV every day, you're nervous to be in that moment. And rich and I have been on a few game shows before, and I know the feeling. It's like you stop, you stop being able to think in that moment. The lights are just extra bright, You're put under pressure. It's so awkward. And then you got Steve Harvey there. That's got to be wild, dude, that's got to be nerve wracking, nerve wracking.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: Hey, we wanted to ask you this since we got Marvin here from the Dan Patrick Show and the dan Uts, not only on the Dan Patrick Show, on the Dan Patrick Show, this is kind of wild. What's your like your day to day when it comes to like your prep and things like that. What's what's that like? Do you guys have like a text chain? How do you guys communicate? Do you guys all meet at the man like? When what's your what's your day to day like with the boys.
Speaker 10: So normally it usually starts like the day before It's like if there's a big game on, we have a group chat and so it's it's Dan the Dan nets in Uh Maria, you guys met Mario are our director, and you know, we usually have a text chain of anything that went on the previous night, and then the next morning we all meet up, probably like an hour before the show and kind of do a rundown of what we'll talk about. And the beauty about radio is and you guys know this firsthand whatever comes to our heads. And you know, we're big on doing like a left turn. So if we could talk about then going to the movies and seeing the Odyssey, that might be a segment. And a lot of times a lot of people consume our show for the non sports stuff, the left turns.
Speaker 2: I agree that that's why we love it in interview because we feel like your audience gets what we do too, because that's how we only get minimal hate when we're filling in for Dan Patrick, because that's what we're good at. No, I was gonna say, who on the group chat is a little too texty? Who's who on the on the dank group chat? Maybe one too many texts here and there. Fritzi Hey, here's another question, rich and I wonder about this a lot. When you're a big dog like Dan Patrick, right, and the rest of the crew has to take all those HR course tests for iHeart or whatever, Right, you always have to take those human resource tests? Who does it?
Speaker 3: I have a trick.
Speaker 2: Here's the trick, right, The lamest answer is always the answer. You don't have to pay any attention. It's always the lamest answer, and that's the one correct. So when you're taking all these human resource tests, does Dan actually do it? Because sometimes you got to sit through these miserable courses. We had to do one this week, and I'm like, there's no way like Dan or Collins doing these tests. Don't I don't believe Dan and Connor doing these things for sure?
Speaker 10: Well, well, I'll say, first off, a Scott Shapiro, I pay the most attention to all of my testing.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 10: But so so I'm not sure if Dan does it or not, but I know the Danas and everybody in the building has to.
Speaker 5: That's a really good question.
Speaker 2: I feel like I always assume like he's like Fritz or you just keep pressing next, Just keep pressing next. Honestly, I think you get to a stage where he's Dan Patrick. He doesn't have to. They'll send them the emails and they do their part of like yo, we sent them the reminders. He doesn't. And that's the end of the story. Man, that's my gut. That's only a guess. We don't know.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you this. He would never have Fritzy take anything for him.
Speaker 2: That's not the way to go right.
Speaker 10: Paulie would be the one if anybody were to do his training and all that, you know, for iHeart and hr, Paulie would be don't want to do it.
Speaker 2: We got Marvin here from the Dan Patrick Show, Covino and rich In for Dan Patrick, we love partying with Marvin. Is great to see him and Marvin's I will say, of all of all the dan Ants and Edward part of the Dan Patrick crew, Marvin, I feel like every time we're at a big event, you're the guy we love to hang with the most. I think maybe you're the only guy that wants to hang with us, So maybe maybe we might have to meet you in Magic soon. One last question though, before you go, because we're gonna talk about it later on if we have time. Magic. Johnson says not to boo Lebron James when he returns returns. I just want to know your thoughts on that, because I know you guys talk a lot about Lebron and the Lakers and stuff like that. So your thoughts. Should there be restrictions on booing Lebron?
Speaker 10: No, I mean, they can boo him if they want, but they'll just be ungrateful because people always forget this.
Speaker 5: Think about what the Lakers were before Lebron James got there exactly.
Speaker 10: And I said, and I always say this, I was like, man, and I love Kobe, I said, people think about the sixty point game, his last game against Utah. That was the Lakers' fifteenth win of the regular season, that was their final game. I was like, no, no, no, I said, he came in here, he traded away the young Bucks and you got Anthony Davis. How they didn't keep that twenty twenty team together is beyond me.
Speaker 3: But I digressed.
Speaker 5: I was like, look, and people, oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Well you're let's say you're there. Let's say you're there, Marvin. You are you giving him in exact thing I think he deserve, respectful? Yes, yeah, all right, yes, all right, maybe we'll talk about it later.
Speaker 5: It's it's sorry, I'm and I'm going to keep going because I'm on my show.
Speaker 3: Go on, go on.
Speaker 10: So my thing about the bubble in twenty twenty is the Lakers had the best record in basketball when COVID happened.
Speaker 5: People forget, so let's not so, let's not act like they were the eight seed.
Speaker 10: And then it's like, oh, we've had four months off and now we're in the bubble, and now all of a sudden, you know, we go on this roun No, no, no. They were already really good, and they were already really loaded, and they were poised to win. And on top of this, the Clippers that season. My big issue with the Clippers was they were trying to win Los Angeles. The ladies were trying to win the NBA title. Agree with the whole, with the whole, La, r way man win the NBA title?
Speaker 5: What do you mean whin la? I'm with you, I'm with you.
Speaker 3: I give that.
Speaker 2: I always give that Bubble championship, maybe even a little more credit where people don't want to give you credit exactly.
Speaker 3: I agree, Well, we.
Speaker 2: Apparently the hef yeah, Danny say we have a heart out, so we got to go. Marvin. You know this year you're the guy. Thank you, buddy. Sorry, Hey Marvin, we love you. Thanks, thanks for giving us time.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you guys on his show show. Thank you very much. Mar and Rich next yelling it for Dan Patrick right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: We are Coveno and Rich, Steve Covino and Rich Davis with super producer Danny g and Iowa Sam. Happy to have our crew here and happy to have Marvin on the show. That was nice to see. It's great see Marvin.
Speaker 3: He's great.
Speaker 2: Shout out to all the dan Ets and all the Dan Patrick listeners. In for Dan Patrick. Day one of the Dan Patrickhatrick live from the Fox Sports Radio studios. Remember after the DP show. After the show, our podcast goes up, so search Covino and Rich, coov I and O and of course you could chime in live and watch the show. Watch it live now or watch it later on YouTube at Covino and Rich FSR. Again, if you follow the podcast appreciate five stars, follow rate and review. We appreciate that. And Danny g might email you and send you a prize. So leave a nice comment even if you hate us. All right, So again I'm Covino. That is Rich Davis. And to back up one thing, Marvin said, I don't know if we're gonna have time to talk about it later, but Magic Johnson says, don't boo lebron when he comes back. Marvel was talking about, Yeah, Marvin was talking about how the bubble was difficult. Don't take it away. Remember where they were. Yeah, we always say that. I do want to say that, like if life was hard for everybody and it was right, that was misery lay miserables was what makes people think it was what makes you think it was easier in the bubble, and that championship was easier. They were good leading up to that, dominant leading up to that. I thought that was a more difficult challenge and championship. Yet people say the opposite. If anything, that you could just argue different but equally as hard as any other year. It's harder in my opinion. But like think of those circuses, no one has an advantage, and that type of not exactly. They're all playing under this same conditions, no advantage. We'll get it this way. Anytime a big star for a team comes back that following year, that's just people usually get a video screen like a you know, the a tribute and all these you know, the fans all give him a standing Oh like I'm a Mets fan, give Brendan. They give Brandon Nimmo and Jeff McNeil montages and retire here and they did nothing, you know, Like, so you tell me Lebron James is gonna come back to LA on Christmas Day and then and no one's gonna do anything.
Speaker 4: I think the fans are gonna respect the fact, you know that he had a huge impact on the team.
Speaker 2: But like think about any think about any.
Speaker 4: NBA fan, Laker fan with just an average basketball IQ is going to stand up and clap.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But people like to do the opposite of what they're told to. So when Magic Johnson is telling fans not to boo, I think the instinct is to, well, now I'm good.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, maybe because Magic tweeted it, I wasn't good, but now I am.
Speaker 2: You know there's that mentality too, So tell me what to do. That is a story magic John says, don't boot Lebron when he returns. You know, I'm reading feedback, but a lot of nice feedback today before Marvin was on, before we talked to niners in NFL. Yeah, we're talking about players and people and musicians. Actors fall off. You know that just fell off.
Speaker 6: A'll uh.
Speaker 2: I hate to say, cal Rowley, who you know? Last year sixty home runs? Everyone so and he should be m VP over Aaron Judge And now the guy's bet in one fifty with thirteen home runs. All right, everybody loves comeback stories. Maybe maybe next year. Scott hit us up, Scott Bethune, and he said it sounds silly, but he goes, remember, like people used to make a big deal about Shark Week. What happened to Shark Week? We're talking about things that people used to make a big deal about. He's like Shark Week. I thought that was a good answer only because that was highly promoted. And then I think we're finally like, yeah.
Speaker 3: We got it.
Speaker 2: I had a fall off. People aren't into sharks anymore. My favorite answer THO was pink berry frozen yoga.
Speaker 3: That's a good one. Yeah, that's definitely good. One another one smash Burgers.
Speaker 4: You guys used to talk about those on the show all the time, and oh they're still pick I even heard you guys talk about it like a year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Smashburger's last week man, maybe make an impact on this delicious Thanks again to Marvin, and we have a few big guests lined up the next few days. I don't want to have a promise, but something look forward to you.
Speaker 3: Drew Brees tomorrow.
Speaker 2: All right, you said it. That's one, so hey, we'll talk to him manyana. But thank you guys for hanging out with us. Oh we have more Covin one rich In for DP next right here. Fox Sports Radio