Speaker 1: This fucking Luca guy. Man, I'll tell you what a guy. It was my la accent bro Yo, who's this? Oh you see this fucking Luca guy. I wish he did play for the nick so more people like freaking lucer Luca. That is one of the wildest like accent flourishes, the end of an a having to be an R. It's British people too. I think I heard Elton John. I capt Elton John doing it and like it'll take you a couple of vodka and sodas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was like an infamous like Lonely Island line where they go like yesterday, I saw a film, as I recalled, it was a horror film and it works.
Speaker 1: It works in very specific parts of New York. Yeah, but yeah, my friends was from grew up in in New York City. Can't can't get a word ending in a out without dropping that R on the end of the exactly, you know, when he's not trying to do the hard R, he's still exit by accident. He thought he was being cool. Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three, seventy eight, Episode four of Guy. How These Episodes Fly? Episode four already of season three seventy eight. I mean it feels like just yesterday. Oh, it's almost Friday. Friday. There's like a Morning Zoo show when I was a kid, when it was Friday, everyone scream that's Friday. That's everywhere. That was everybody across Americas where I'm a strange come.
Speaker 3: So that's from Big Boy's like growing up in La Radio, working in La Radio.
Speaker 1: That was what I think.
Speaker 3: When Big Boys say his name, everyone goes big Way like in the background.
Speaker 1: That's just that's just basic. Morning Radio also had this thing they said that was definitely unique to them. They said, TG I F I think it was thank God it's Friday. Whoa that was Dayton Dayton FM radio original I think. Anyways, and this is a podcast where we take that Morning Zoo energy and take a deep bab into America share consciousness. It is Thursday, March six mm hmm. It's also National Slam the scam Day Thursday.
Speaker 3: Of It's it's Consumer Protection Week. I think this will be I don't think we're gonna have this anymore. So let's enjoy our last consumer protection Week ever, and then the scams will be just people. We are gonna have to add to our phone book in respect.
Speaker 1: It's also National dress Day now, National White Chocolate Cheese cake Day, National Oreo Cookie Day, National Frozen Food Day. I think more to preserve food rather than like the preservative laden frozen foods that you know I love to eat, like those kids dinners with the weird brownie and the penguin on It. Also National Dept's Day. Shoutout that shout out teeth, shout out. Wow, we got some big ones Oreo. I mean that's a that's a big one for me. Shout out. That's a big one. You gotta tell you take your kids aside. And then they got real specific on the white chocolate cheesecake for some reason. Yeah. Again, this is where honestly we should I just gotta be like, how do I get Zeitgeist Day on here? Yeah, to be honest, dollars yeah exactly. Four won't do it. Local, won't do it, business commerce department or whatever. Damn it. You know what we're doing exactly what this thing basically is their sales pitch to companies. It's like seven benefits. You get news, you get news coverage, and you enter the conversation. Yeah, well got us cell phone. We got nothing else, folks. Yeah, slam the scam day. I mean it is sad because that did sound serious and like they were going to pass some very legitimate legislation behind the slam the scam. Nope, nope again, sounds like a morning Zoo idea. Uh my name is Jack O'Brien aka cost going up on a Tuesday, Musk get in the house and he's douche stop. Mark is fucked on a Tuesday, Tammy four oh one case days losing that one at Christy Almagucci Man. Remember I love mconan. What a time cousin of one of the producers who created the Daily Heist main music that you hear, right, Yeah, Jimmy Greg cousin. We love Mconyan, we love I love Mconaan. He's all right. I don't know what up in him. I'm thrilled to be joined as always buy my co host, mister Miles Grass Miles Gray aka my Strops. Ain't all that sweet masserration one. I'm jingling my teeth masserration but so thick like it's glue. Come dial up beaties for you. Okay, now this isn't this is that was to the tune of operation and they were talking about macerated berries again to create that juicy, delicious, sweet feeling that was just a culinary phrase, brought it shot a housey on salad for that combination of things. I saw that, I understood it. Thank you, macerate your berries whenever possible. I thought that that was a disgusting term. I did not know what it meant, and I skipped right past it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, what is that? Just like putting sugar on it and then like warming it up, or you just just honestly sugar put a little sprinkle, little sugar, a little sugar on it, Yeah, okay, and then make it sounds like masturbation. Yeah. For some reason, Miles, We're thrilled to be joined in our third seat by one of our favorite guests who hasn't been on in a while. Thrilled to have them back. A hilarious stand up comedian, actor, writer, founding member of Facial Recognition Comedy. You've seen her on Dear White People, How to Get Away with Murder, all the up and coming comedian lists stages across America. Please welcome back to the show, visit de Son.
Speaker 4: Guys. Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 5: Jack Miles doesn't feel like it's been a long time.
Speaker 4: I know it has technically, but just.
Speaker 1: I don't know the three long years it's been, and we were just saying it doesn't. I don't even know what a year means anymore, I.
Speaker 5: Know, why does Is this a collective experience or is this just something that happens with age?
Speaker 4: The perception of time just feels like just a second, it's.
Speaker 1: A I don't know. That's I wonder. I mean that it affects all of us, but I don't even know how to even talk about this in a smart way. I don't know. Everybody I talk to is like, dang, time goes by real quick. Huh the days are long? Or yeah, the days are long, the years are short. The podcasts are infinite, Like I feel, yeah, like podcast time is because it's so much of being on in the same format, Like it's just every episode is like a drop in the infinite time loop of the daily zeitgeist. For me, I don't I can hardly differentiate one episode to the next. I'm like, yeah, as we were talking about the other day, and it's like you mentioned that in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like in a little pocket Universe of Zone.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, it's like Severance. Wow, but what do you like doing the show? Yeah? Man, No, Severence is good. They actually like their jobs. Okay, oh okay, soocho uh fizz A. Wonderful to have you back. We're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're gonna tell the listeners a couple of things we're talking about. We're gonna talk about the experience of owning a cyber truck. This has been a question that I've had. What's it like for those people, I mean cyber truck in particular, they should have known better when they when they bought them, Like at that point he was well on his way to the open Nazi salutes, et cetera. But yeah, just like, what's that like to be associated with Elon Musk these days? We'll check in with them. We'll check in with The La Times. Obviously, there's the famous billionaire owned paper of Jeff Bezos, the Washington Post. But we got our own. Don't forget about us over here in La The La Times has a billionaire owner who's got some interesting ideas about how to keep things fair and balanced. So we'll talk about that, We'll talk about how Trump is saving neoliberalism in Canada inadvertently, all of that plenty more. But first, physic we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 5: I mean, I'll just give you the last thing that I googled how many miles is going around the Earth? And I was about to Yeah, I was about to do an audition where I played a lab technician for an auto manufacturer, and I don't know what that looks like. So I just was thinking of facts that I could just maybe spit out to seem like you know what I'm talking about, Uh huh. In case you're curious, it's Earth's circumference is twenty four nine hundred and one miles.
Speaker 4: So if you are you going to.
Speaker 1: Use that, just give me a little flavor how you're going to drop that little fact in the audition.
Speaker 5: Okay, So I was looking. I was sort of in my mind's eye seeing a lab where a car was being tested in the lap. So it's not physically driving around right, driving on those.
Speaker 1: Little wheel roller thing. Yeah, so a lot of treadmills.
Speaker 5: I was really slick about it. I was kind of cool about it. I was like, I was like, huh, look at my little notepad. You've gone around the earth, or I said.
Speaker 4: I said the number.
Speaker 5: It was like, uh, twenty four thousand and nine whatever times ten, so it was like four hundred.
Speaker 4: I don't remember.
Speaker 1: I can't do it. Forty miles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you've been around the world ten times, the.
Speaker 1: World ten times. Yeah, And then like a producer is like, hold on one second, I think that's that's a circumference. That's the actual circumference of the earth. Okay, oh yeah, back out the math check now. We found her. We found her. We found her. That's cool. That is a fun fact. That's also like the sort of thing I'm always looking up as a as a father, you know, right, like kids have curious questions like that. So yeah, okay, do you still remember how many feet in a mile? Jack? It's either fifty to eighty. Yeah. Yeah. I always am between twenty five hundred and eighty or fifty five two hundred and eighty and never get it right. Hey, the numbers are there though, the number I have the numbers, they are in the wrong order everything, But that's all good, that's right.
Speaker 4: But you know what, They're in the cloud, that's.
Speaker 1: Right there there.
Speaker 5: If I don't know a fact, I'm like, it's in the cloud. Let me just you know, google it bumpers down.
Speaker 4: You know everything in it.
Speaker 1: What is something physically you think is underrated? Oh?
Speaker 4: Man, robes? I'm actually wearing one right now.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say I I caught that high pile fleece robe with the leftoard print. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think people think of it as homewhere, but I would love to bring robes out into the world to formal events. Even they're I think they're stylish, They're they're flattering, they cinch at the waist, which it gives you a silhouette, keeps you warm.
Speaker 4: I opted for a robe instead of a jacket today.
Speaker 1: I mean historically, like like, aren't robes like the pop in like the most popping ship you could wear, really, you know what I mean? And then we just kind of made them bathrobes. I feel like if somebody pulled up like like an emperor, Yeah yeah, bring back to fucking emperor robes. Now. This is this is how we embrace the class war, is that we wear our bathrobes out to show people like we are. We are the you know, the nobility of you need something, you know, like they're there are umbrellas in Hong Kong there, you know, everybody like has their They had a bit of a function too. Yeah, yeah, yeah, those are those are functional, I think, But like bathrobes are functional in that they're so fucking comfy. Yeah, so comfy. Who's gonna get I mean, I feel like a billionaire that's their nightmare to I would never wear a bathrobe in public. That's how would they know I'm a billionaire.
Speaker 3: And what I mean, I don't give a fuck. I'm gonna be comfortable. This is my bathrobe. I've got multiple robes.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna front. There is the concept of pajama rich that where you get so rich that you just start wearing your pajamas out into public. Also, I feel like wearing a pajama set is a flex Like I've I like in one of these sort of like fire relief clothing boxes I got. There are like many things like were like nice pajama sets that were donated and I'm like, I've never worn a pajama set in my life, and part of me felt like I was the was like class betrayal to like put on this like Brooks Brothers pajama set, someone that donated. I'm like, I can't. I can't wear this shit. I need to wear basketball shorts and no shirt. Okay. So pajama rich comes I think from a Bill Simmons The Sports Guy column where he was talking about Jack Nicholson coming to a Lakers game in his pajamas and nobody cared because he's pajama rich. And Hugh Hefner also famously, I think the one person who has pulled it off. It just needs to be a fancy enough road, right Like Hugh Hefner's robes were like silk and ship. You know it was a smoking jacket that went down to the floor. Whereas you know it just can't look past all the allegations when he wears I'm just chilling. The thing about me is I'm a chill How often you wear that robe? Is it? Like? I know you say you like it, but are we? Are we for real? Do you step in?
Speaker 4: I wear a robe on a daily basis.
Speaker 5: I'm known in my neighborhood as I have two big huskies that I walked around the world. So this is this is one rope I have. I have one in black with a fuzzy, fuzzy neck collar. I have one that says doctor desani, I'm not a doctor.
Speaker 1: You have one that's like actual, like a doctor's lab coat or a bathrobe that just that is giving white coat scientists, doctor vibes.
Speaker 5: I do have a white coat as well, just for yeah, and to trick people into letting you get them shots.
Speaker 3: That is the cool thing about being Asian. We can lie about being a doctor anywhere. Yeah you know, doctor, They're just not me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh yeah, I'll pull up. I'll pull up in a hoodie and just say I'm a doctor and people like, oh thank you. I'm like yeah, and I'm in I'm in dermatology. That's what my skin looks like this. Can you pick out the way now?
Speaker 5: Shirtless and shoeless, I'm a dermatologist, a p dietrist.
Speaker 1: Do it all. That's right. Do you think you've walked your dogs twenty four nine and one miles? Oh absolutely, yeah, you've done a full lap.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do about I do about like five miles a day.
Speaker 1: Let me do that back.
Speaker 4: It's twenty four thousand whatever.
Speaker 1: Divide yeah, yeah, no, it checks out. Wait, you do five miles of dog walking a day total?
Speaker 3: Yeah, damn that doesn't fucking I have a small dog this day and he hates walking. He's let's take a ship. I gotta go back inside.
Speaker 1: I'm not. He's like small, you know what I mean. So there's like different levels of exercise that they need. But damn, that's a fucking that's a good walk you could take. Listen to a lot of shit on that one, all right. And what fizza is something that you think is overrated?
Speaker 5: Apple air pods or any sort of earbuds that just stick inside your ear and don't have something that attaches to your ear. This is more of a personal thing. I just hate the way it feels. Yeah, and they fall out, and I just you know, when you're on an airplane, you're you feel like like your ear is stuff up. I don't know, I feel like it.
Speaker 1: Feels like how do you feel? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I feel oh like just from the pressure seal like around. It just feels a little bit. Yeah, okay, I get that.
Speaker 1: And the noise cancelation on those does freak me out a little bit. Where you put it in and it's just like zoom. You feel like you're just like inside a balloon all of a sudden, What the fuck is going on here? Yeah? I love that, Like equal my equilibrium gets a little fucked.
Speaker 4: Up, falling because I have no balance, went like.
Speaker 1: Ies crossing, You're like, bro, they put it like during the testing of the AirPods, they put it in and people just start falling over the early ones. Good yeah, oh god, get it up. Have you seen that? I actually really like that sensation. I don't know why.
Speaker 3: I think I was, like, I'm one of those kids who like tried to hide in the tiniest boxes, Like I'm the opposite of claustrophobic.
Speaker 1: I like to claustrophilic. I guess that's why they're drawn to each other miles. Yeah, and why we just hold each other so tight. Wheah you see each other.
Speaker 4: Maybe you guys can share a coffin in the afterlife.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. It wouldn't be tight enough. How are we face or uh penis to button or six classic that's like Lincoln lugs exactly, or they don't fit or they don't fit right. But yeah, like have you seen those clips of like those rooms that are truly like sound vacuums, like they're designed for no sound waves to like move in them. Yeah, though they're like total back. I think they have to be like have the air sucked out of them, like yeah, yeah yeah, And they say that is so disorienting, and part of me is like, bro, I want to know that. I want to know the extreme of most humans in sensations.
Speaker 3: So if y'all work in one of those research facilities and you can, if you're down to have a four year old just come through to fuck around in there for like five minutes.
Speaker 1: Through, let me know. Yeah. I think those cost like millions of dollars to create, Like they create them for like to to build like the James web Space Telescope and like shit like that where they can't have any germs or like imperfections touching a thing. They'll like create a whole room that's a vacuum, so that like the germs is like fall right to the ground or whatever. But you're like, hey, could I just like kind of drunk drive through there? Yeah? I can? I play some SoundCloud off my cell phone in here? Well tell me your doctor, yeah exactly exactly. They're like, are those official doctors sandals you're wearing? Yeah? The doctors. Doctors wear some fucked up shoes because they need comfort. You know, they're on their feet all day. So you're good there. Yeah, that's true. The white robe is like approximating it, but it's clearly a bathrobe. And doctor Miles is written in sharp. That's the one thing that's fucking it up. I spell Miles with like white tape, all crudely, just on that. And you have loose cigarettes coming out of your podcast.
Speaker 3: And I'm wearing I'm wearing a commemorative Scrubs Rewatch podcast t shirt. I'd be like, dude, I'm a doctor. Why would I be wearing this because my favorite podcast. Yeah, went to medical school. Yeah, watching Scrubs one and a half times all the way through. All right, let's uh, let's take a quick break, should we Should we do that?
Speaker 1: Should we take a little break? Do we come back and talk about some news? Yes, let's do it. I'll be right back and we're back. And I've been waiting for the backlash, and I mean it's coming. Like Tesla stock is way down right like that, it's going down and doing badly, not readily as I think it deserves, but it's been badly. It's definitely on its way down. There's definitely a lot of debate over if it's actual people boycotting the brand, if it's just generally it's on a downward slope because Tesla's have become less of desirable in the EV market, but because like there are some that are claiming they're like, yes, yes, folks, this is what we did to Elon Musk and know people like, it's hard to exactly say if it's just because the Trump shitter, just because the guys sucks overall and people fucking hate him. It's hard to tell, but it is, it's not doing great, but also it's yeah, it's volid. It's always been volatile. It was at its peak like after he after the election, like right after I think Inauguration day, right before I guess like December was its peak of all time, and since then it has fallen sharply, but probably, you know, hard to differentiate as of yet. I do just feel like it's got to be so much less cool to own a Tesla now than it ever has been in the history of that car or any maybe Volkswagen during World War Two. But it's not not that people didn't put it together. I don't think they were super popular anyway. It's Hitler's what's wait, what's that car he's in right now? I think that. Well, I don't know about driving around LA. I see people going hard as cyber trucks.
Speaker 6: I admittedly have also gone hard as a cyber truck owner. Yeah, I didn't do middle fingers, yeah, because my dad taught me better. But the thing I do is I'll give a thumbs down like this, just straight up, straight up. I think this is I think a thumbs down like just seeing like, you know, the ship where like you're in sort of bumper to bumper traffic and you're facing the opposite lane of traffic, so like I could look dead into the driver's eye. I'll just do some ship like I'm fucking what's the hero? I'll be like this no, And some people are like fuck you and really get masked.
Speaker 1: Some people get it reaction because part of me just feels like it's the most childish way to say fuck you is just yes, wow, thumbs down.
Speaker 5: But back in the day and what is the Roman Times or Greek Times at the Amphitheater.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was like life or dead.
Speaker 1: So and these motherfuckers do be thinking about ancient Rome, so maybe they are taking to be something. Damn, he just threatened our life. Yeah, so you have to be like no, but in a Ciscle and Ebert way.
Speaker 5: But you know what, some of them deserve that because I almost me and my dogs were walking. We almost got hit by a cyber truck that that ran a stop signed. So that guy gets a thumb.
Speaker 1: Down, you know, yeah, I would agree with that, but I mean for something like that that's a little more existential.
Speaker 3: I think you can go harder than a thumbs down to each their own. You don't have to engage all these people. But yes, the brand is not strong in this city, and it's to the point where people have to put like help me bumper stickers on their tesla's where they're like, hey, this was before the guy came out as a fascist dick bag. Is when I buy this further record, I didn't buy it because but I think that's why cyber truck owners get the stick because this shit has been for purchase in the New Boy era musk and there's real no plausible deniability around whether or not you like who's your politics, It did or didn't affect your purchase yeah, either way, a.
Speaker 5: Cyber truck let me merge and I just had cognitive dissonance. It was very difficult for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just slammed the brakes and break checked it to get over and it's like, fucking I had to do something. But in so, they've been in the news this week. First of all, Tesla's been in the news. Somebody lit I think the first Tesla not factory, but the first Tesla like showroom in France on fire and burnt it to the ground. Oh yeah, you know how France do. But there's just been a smattering of stories that suggest that owning a cyber truck means being subjected to never end, to a never ending gauntlet of embarrassment and shame. So there was Marty Grass Parade in New Orleans and a cyber truck rolled up and it was like all black but then had like flashing lights and kind of looked a little like the car from Night Rider was had some interesting stuff like I think in a yeah, it looked a little like kit but like also the lights were flashing on the top, so it could look like a cop car a little bit. But the second that rolled up, cops cyber trucks. Are they really Yeah yeah, wow, Yeah. The second that ship rolled up, it was just mercilessly booed un from the time it was in sight of the people on the side of the road. Some people on Reddit were also claiming that the car was pelted with beads aggressively until a window broke.
Speaker 4: Oh this windows suck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those windows that are supposed to be indestructible. Those accounts are unconfirmed and yet very funny. Wait, okay, so this is wow. This thing looks annoying as fun Wow. Okay, well yeah, that's I don't know what that person thought the reaction was gonna be. Yeah, dude, my ass car. Everyone's gonna fucking They probably like lived their life on I guess my thought heading into this was like, oh, they probably lived their life on like cyber truck enthusiast forums. But as we'll get to even those are not safe. Those are just people sharing horror stories of what it's like to drive around in a cyber truck. There's a report on four or four media about a Facebook group for cyber truck owners in which they commiserate about the shared hell of driving around in a cyber truck. Apparently people are constantly leaving notes containing messages like Nazi car and what's Elon's cum taste like, which is another way of giving the thumbs down a little bit more explicit. That must be so shattering to some cyber truck owner's soul to be like, but this is the stuff I should post on four chan coming back at me.
Speaker 4: Elon must come is delicious.
Speaker 1: It's really good. It's actually better than So that's some famous misconception, is that it wouldn't be good, but it's actually good. So you're actually the one who looks stupid right now, hired taste. Yeah yeah. People also kick the cars throw quote slices of cheese at them for some reason. No word on whether the cheese has shattered any windows. Yeah, well probably. I think this is the thing that I also see too, is the amount of people who cope with their cyber truck and they're like, dude, it's just like such a fucking truck. Dude is so sick, Like it just does all this truck stuff because it's like man truck and I'm truck man with it. And there's also so many videos of it absolutely failing to do the most basic things like drive in just a little bit of snow or all this other stuff.
Speaker 3: And it's interesting to see how, like obviously with Elon Musk ascending to like the heights of government and sort of being like the winner at the moment in terms of like the socio political environment, that that hasn't really changed anything about traditional mask like American male masculinity. Like a truck is still like a Ford or a Dodge or a Chevy, you know what I mean, not this fucking weird like drawing of like from a fucking you know, octagonal like video game rendering car. And I don't know, Like, it's interesting to see how there's still that group of people who are like.
Speaker 1: Well, now younes on top. Behold, I'm one of these cyber truck guys. Now you'll celebrate me. Right, Wait, what's his com taste? Like? Hold on, but I thought we're winning. First of all, probably delicious. Second of all, how would I know? Okay, yeah, yeah, but there's so these cyber truck groups. Facebook groups are you know, first of all entertaining because you get to see the collection of all all the people flinging them off. But it also reveals something scary, which is that cyber trucks are outfitted with so many cameras that they can catch like every they're like, look, this person's rolling their eyes as they drive by in the opposite lane on the four or five right right, like they have just like super obsess over it. They're insecurities played by plate. Oh my god, this fucking guy gave me three thumbs downs those recording in century mode. That's what they call it, century mode Jesus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I've also seen people post like how the camera rays work, and they're like being like, it's there aren't that many blind spots.
Speaker 1: But hey, yeah, I don't know. I don't know if anyone is a tesla mechanic and you can tell us how to completely render those cameras useless, maybe by simply turning it on because it's a tesla. But I'm curious to know these kinds of tips and tricks. Yeah, they're they're also trying to identify the people who like who are flipping them off for giving them thumbs down. Miles, you should you should go on these forums to make sure very very free speech, very free speech absolutist, I know, right, Yeah, we're all about free speech and uh you know, making comedy legal. I'm gonna I'm gonna fucking sue that twelve year old that rolled their eyes at me. Oh Jesus Christ, God bless you. We tell you about that time when I first learned the flip off motion like this one, you know, the the arm the yeah, the full four. My friend and I when we were like five, learned that and then we just went in my backyard to the street that went behind my house and just flipped off everything that like just full, full, whole body flip off.
Speaker 4: What does that imply?
Speaker 5: Elbow deep Like that's way worse than a finger, like, you know, I don't know, I'm just going off.
Speaker 1: The you know, makes does make more sense, like because you're stopping at a certain point, but it's like, so universe, I'm gonna.
Speaker 7: Stick my fist up yours. You're giving them, Yeah, yeah, up to the bicep. Anything more would be would be would be a little I believe, yeah, or I would be charged with murder.
Speaker 1: So let's be real. Anyways, I got in trouble, Oh you did. Somebody pulled over and little assholes. It was like wheeling West Virginia. It wasn't like a big pound so I probably like flipped off my three neighbors. Yeah, yeah, yeah, and they're like, this is O'Brien, your son is out back giving everybody the full body a little burst your asshole.
Speaker 5: You're young enough you could just say, I, you know, you could the plausible deniability of I don't know what it means.
Speaker 1: I think that's what I went with, even though like the whole point was that I had just learned what it meant. I don't think my mom meant believed me. I still remember lies I told at this period of my life, and damn, well, don't put it on wax is gonna come back to haunt you. Your mom's I knew it. I fucking knew it. You're it. Yeah, Jack knew the whole time. Honey, get in here. You don't believe I just heard on his podcast one guy on Facebook is claiming that his roofing business lost seventy grand in business that purely because of his cyber truck. Yeah because well, I mean I guess he like incorporates cyber trucks into his business. Oh you know those are the trucks that they use on business. And somebody was like, yeah, I was gonna give them our work, and then we canceled the contract because this guy, Yeah, they.
Speaker 5: Don't want their property with cyber trucks all over them. Promise, not a good look. So this guy just invested in the wrong course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I went. I think in some yeah, some parts, they're like they like Elon Musk because of the edge words ship, and then they're shocked when people are associating that with them because they bought the edge Lord car and like they're they're like me in the backyard being like doing the thing that's edge Lord and then being like, well, I didn't know what it meant, right, They're just stuck. They're just stuck into like here comes a car.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 3: And then when someone when someone goes, excuse me, I think your kids like flicking people?
Speaker 1: What the fuck?
Speaker 4: What I thought it was?
Speaker 1: How are you doing? I thought it meant GGI loser shit loser shiit me and cyber truck owners that's what we haven't Yeah, I'll find out. I did like this one. Another cyber truck owner on the Facebook group pointed out that actually all this hate is a good thing for Tesla because Elon Musk is a genius and quote the massive online negativity is actually fueling more curiosity and exposure.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, similar, like when you post crimes on the internet and then there's a lot of uh, you know, curiosity from the police investigating it. Yeah, it's like great, dude, it's like so bad they write about us in.
Speaker 1: A very mocking tone. Oh yeah, well look well we all cope in our own ways, so sort of like the.
Speaker 5: All publicity is good publicity. But right, I mean, the real question I think is is are sales up?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: No hours ago? In the New York Times, Tesla sales slump in Europe as anger toward Elon Musk grows performing markets as global Slit sales plumb. It Yeah, so not popular than you, I mean in Europe. In the US might still be hanging on because of because they people want to prove that they're not part of the wolkline virus. Yeah. Here's I think this is a good sign. Tesla brings back zero percent loans to boost am hand in the US. Wow, zero percent loans. Damn bro, this fucking environment. I'm yeah, that'll wow. I love a zero percent love.
Speaker 4: But not for give it Tesla away.
Speaker 1: You're gonna actually fucking need some good sales figures here, Could we just give you these cars and like you just pay us back whenever is good? They're like, yeah, fucking taking the public library approached. You can just have this like honestly, we yeah, no, it's yours, free and clear. And then just like, do you think you could pay us back at some point that would be cool? Yeah, we don't want to bung you out. No worries if not, no worries if not forgiveness. All right, we speaking of from one billionaire to the next to this is our country. We we've covered Jeff Bezos completely shipping all over the Washington Post, But what about South African Los Angeles Times billionaire owner Patrick Soon Shung? Yeah, who is doing something? I mean, I don't know genius something this is. I just want to give the backdrop because now, remember than when the LA Times were like, we're not gonna endorse Kamala and his daughter came out and said it had to do with Gaza. Yeah yeah it was. Now I'm like, he's actually too far left for you guys. He's the most far left billionaire you've ever met. And now with this is I'm like, far far left South African billionaire out there, which means you're just you're not a Nazi, You're more I guess a clan member. I guess it's how that would work well, which makes sense because so Patrick soon Shang is doing something even more howardly than bezos to the op eds. He's touting a new AI bot as a way to bring quote balance to opinion pieces. So this is something he tweeted out with this new feature that is going to go along with certain articles to give people just a taste of like if there's bias or just counterplat say quote.
Speaker 3: Now the voice in perspective from all sides can be heard, seen, and read.
Speaker 1: No more echo chamber thanks to our talented content management software team running this Graphene platform. So essentially, you read an op ed, users can click to generate a summary of the op ed, and then that AI summary can provide fucking counterpoints to that to help someone understand that the KKK was not bad. Well, that's what actually happened. It was a cultural movement, miles. What else do you need to know? Yes? What books are you scraping for these answers? Ay? I?
Speaker 3: So columnist Gustavo Ariano, he put a road a piece in the La Times about the City of Anaheim's deep eyes to the Ku Klux Klan and that the city council missed an opportunity to grapple with that sordid past when they didn't acknowledge the one hundred year anniversary of said city council ousting clan members. They're like, nope, can't be here anymore.
Speaker 1: Sorry. But he's a pretty straightforward opinion piece. You know, he's giving analysis on a historical fact and then adding the pot we should maybe be proud of fighting against like authoritarianism and institutional open racism at a time when that is skyrocketing around the country, Like maybe maybe this would have been a nice thing to remember that people used to have courage and remember you can just do this thing and just say, well, that's just like your opinion, man. But is that what this is aid? No, the AI added this tidbit that everyone's like, why is it caping for the clan? Quote. Local historical accounts occasionally framed the nineteen twenties Klan as a product of quote white Protestant culture responding to societal changes, rather than an explicitly hate driven movement, minimizing its ideological threat. So they were responding to societal changes. Really, in many ways, they were following the teachings of Jesus's that's what that was all about. White product. First of all, a product of white Protestant culture implies so much white supremacy that to suggests that that's it's just this rewording of white supremacy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, white responding to societal changes. So it's a product of racists responding to demographic racial demographic shifts around them and realizing that violence was the answer to try and preserve their small worldview.
Speaker 1: But yeah, minimizing its ideological threat. I do like that. I mean they basically described so some people use this wording to minimize how scary it seems, but it's still white supremacy. They just don't say that part. Yeah yeah, of course, of course that's so AI. This is good stuff.
Speaker 3: Can I imagine someone just write an op ed about this civil war, so this stupid fucking robot will be like if this is a this is a disagreement about economic priorities and nothing else to see. That's the whole thing.
Speaker 1: We'll move on.
Speaker 3: The feature, though, was taken down after I think someone at the Times bothered to see what this fucking thing was even saying to people, But many other journalists pointed out very quickly, so they took it down and the cool shit, but it's still up on other portions of the La Times website. I think, you know, some people are reporting it as like an l for the La Times. But this is exactly what these billionaire pricks want. They want to obscure facts. So as long as people come away with a narrative that normalizes inequality, then we're good.
Speaker 1: Then we're good. That's kind of even if it even if it goes against maybe what I believe a certain point, it's better to have people completely in disagreement over the most basic things so they can't sort of coalesce around the theme about maybe just wealth hoarding and who's to blame for that.
Speaker 5: There's an agenda here, it's I mean, we're being told that, oh, it's to provide a balance perspective, but you know what, some things do we really need a balanced perspective over, like to where you know, do we need to warm up towards the KKK?
Speaker 4: Is that necessary? But what's scary is some people might.
Speaker 3: Say yeah, yeah, no, of course and I think for people to say, like for I'm sure one of the biggest impediments for these like rabid white supremacists, like people like still give a fuck about each other. That's the biggest problem. Like we're not just willing to all the time throw people on the wastepile. I mean, we very much are in certain respects, but.
Speaker 1: I think being able to give people the logic to like sort of attach themselves to these really hateful ideologies without it like sort of in its face being like this is hateful ideology. It's like, no, I'm a Nazi because of societal changes I'm responding to right, And that's why Nazism, I think gets a bad rap is kind of like this sort of the way they want to sort of normalize this kind of thing, because that's one of the biggest things. It's just funny that Nazi is such a bad like loaded word in American culture that even Republicans say it to attack Democrats, like so you know it is bad, Like you only say that because you know it is bad. But okay, go on, go on, yes it's bad, but we're not allowed to wave like they did. Come on, I mean, yeah, yes, free speech pre speech.
Speaker 4: We still got the thumbs down.
Speaker 1: We have the thumbs down. They get to do nothing. So if you're gonna give a thumbs down to me and my sick car, I at least get to do a Nazi salute, Okay, I would do if.
Speaker 3: How horrifying that would be if like a like a if people just walk around Wall Street just giving every dude in a suit of thumbs down, like like they just pull up like in their way.
Speaker 1: Just go. I mean, we take them to their core. We talked yesterday about how ineffectual and scattered the Democratic Party's response to Trump's speech was. If they had all just showed up fucking and just given the silent dead thumbs down, yeah, yeah the whole time. Yeah, it would have been so stupid, Like I kind of would have liked it would have been more unified than whatever the fuck that ship was on Tuesday. Yeah, the PLA so sad. We're like, maybe they can fight the fascist off with the thumbs down kind of, and that's an improvement on what we saw.
Speaker 4: Oh, we got some elbows.
Speaker 1: The whole going down so hard. When I was doing it as a five year old, I was like, fool body ship was bruised and ship after Yeah, just dislocating my shoulders. Given the frequency of you doing that, So what did you give like one car like five? Yeah? You gun fire semi automatic? U middle finger? What is that gesture called? It's not the middle finger, it's the up years, I guess would be what it's called up yours with two thirds of my arms. I'm trying to see, like, what is no? Seriously, let me put two thirds of my arm up your ass.
Speaker 4: I mean that's one way to say.
Speaker 1: I love you, That's exactly, And that's what I tried to explain to my mom and she's not having it. Mom, What better way to express my love for our neighbors? I suppose I spoke like a forty eight year old guy from Brooklyn when I was five. Ma, come on, ma, really all right, let's uh, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. We're we're back. Could see, Oh hey, what's going on up in Canada? Canada? Canada? So just an unintended outcome of Donald Trump's five D chess that is actually like half a dimension.
Speaker 4: I feel like like one dimensions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like five D chess implies he's playing chess five moves in advance, and I think he is not even thinking about the move he's making as he's making it. I think it's less No, he's moving the chess pieces on a board or they're like, bro, you can't do that. Paun can't move like a queen. Bro, yeah, I can't watch. It's like, bro, you you're gonna lose that, all right, final, I'll do this. And he's like that's not a good movie. Oh, we'll see, we'll see. And then he just puts a handgun on the table and says, I can't. Oh yeah, oh no, that's a toy. That's clearly a toy gun. It's got the whole thing there, all right. So he is basically and maybe there is an argument to be made that this is a successful five D chest thing, because the only thing that's going to keep fascism alive is the continued survival of like neolib shit, you know, right, So maybe maybe this is five I feel like this is what he's just like knocking shit over and it just keeps turning up like fucking aces for him. I'm just mixing all my board all my table games here. Yeah, but uh, so a few months ago, Trudeau announced he was resigning. A new party leader would be chosen, with an election happening at some point later this year. His unpopularity was like unprecedented. People were just completely out on his bullshit. Much very similar to Biden. It was just he was incredibly unpopular. His policies like this sort of neoliberal goal of being like, hey, we want to help you. Here are some policies that help you, and then they ultimately just are means for funneling wealth towards wealthy people and corporations. People were like, fuck this, maybe we need and so the stage was set for a massive liberal defeat, much like we saw in the US. I know, the margins weren't massive, but like when you take into account like what should have happened given Trump what platform? Yeah, it was really a massive defeat and complete fuck up by the Democratic Party. So now though that Trump has come into office and has threatened Canada with all in every way basically I mean very implied implied military threats of being like we're gonna you're gonna be our fifty first state. But obviously the big one is the economic tariffs. He has come back and been like that this guy's inn asshole. You know. He like did a direct address to Americans was like I'm sorry you're doing this to yourself, and that has been incredibly popular in Canada. Everybody is like, uh, well, I guess the election used to be about like domestic Canadian policies, but now it's all about fending off threats posed by the Trump administration. Their numbers has like shot.
Speaker 4: Up nothing like a common enemy.
Speaker 1: Ye yeah, exactly, totally to bring the.
Speaker 5: People together, right yeah, I mean it's the best thing that happened to Trudeau.
Speaker 1: It is wild when like I just you know, as our elections are happening all like Canadian Z that game, we're like, we're right behind you, We're right behind you, We're about to go We're about to flop to the right also, and then it's just like it's just wild how the emergence of this shithead Trump immediately like what the fuck like and it just sort of immediately has people been like, right, hold on a second, this guy is a fucking loser and dangerous and all the people that are parroting that shit like in our country like this is it cannot lead down? Ever is going on? So The person who was like favored to take over for Trudeau was the head of the Conservative Party, Pierre Pollievit Pollievvy, Polly every poll Evry, Pierre poly Evry. I don't know why he's Italian Pierre. He was, you know, poised to coast to victory and now has completely had to revamp his strategy because his you know, in the run up to our election, like the thing he was that was giving him strength was that he was being repeatedly referred to as Canada's Trump. Yeah, and now that's not good for him now that Trump has had a chance to be really bad at his job in the eyes of everyone, except for like the thirty percent of Americans who voted for him, you know, they're like, whoa, that that might be a very bad thing. It's it is interesting though, too.
Speaker 3: Everything Trump does has this weird effect also doing the opposite thing if he wants like where he's like, well, I abandoned Ukraine and now Europe's like, bro, we need to fucking we need to cut these Americans out of the conversation because they're gonna fucking destroy everything and like fuck fuck all this so and has like a shit, they're all getting each other's backs.
Speaker 1: Now this is different, and now with Canada, Trudeau merely just being like, this is some bullshit, guys, and it was like, yeah, we're back, We're back, and Mike, look, a word of warning to the Canadians, man, do not let the presence of an aspiring fascist turn into a neoliberal honeymoon. Okay, the Democratic Party should have taken the biggest like a bigger l over what happened in twenty sixteen, But the presence of Trump made everyone nostalgic for the before times. They completely lost sight of like what what was ailing society and what actually needed to be addressed. So take the opportunity if you can. Now, I don't know, I'm not gonna be but theoretically you could drive a stake into the heart of right wing extremism and meet people's needs. Okay, because if.
Speaker 3: You let the rot of inequality continue, the fungus that is authoritarianism rule will have the perfect environment to replicate and thrive in and you're just gonna end up being the same place we are down the road. Like it's not gonna be enough to be like, oh thank god he's standing up to it. You now have to take the opportunity to like just fucking learn from this. It's because the Democrats did fuck all to address the needs of the people at the expense of the donor class that we're in this mess that we're in right now. And also just ideologically, it's impossible for them to bite the hand that feed, So we were fucked either way. But Canada, you already got a leg up on America in a few ways in terms of how you're treating your people.
Speaker 1: So just I'm just it'll come back, though, if you know, if not cares, shit will come right back.
Speaker 3: They are waiting for material conditions to be enough for people to be like, yeah, fucking destroy everything that.
Speaker 1: I wonder if we're gonna be able to if the US is going to be able to get out of that, because it is it does feel like the only thing that can make the idea of sort of that corporatocracy. But democrat look good is what Trump is doing, you know, like he's doing the exact thing to make people be like, I mean, I guess back to the other thing, and Biden was fine, like yeah, I guess, No, it wasn't and it's not now, And I think that's you know if I like you think like the most cynical of democratic strategies would be going to these billionaires be like, look, dude, we need all y'all to like do token donations to bring your cred back up and and make people feel like you contribute to society. Just fucking just do these token offerings to just fucking bring the temperature down a little bit and say you're okay with that, and then we can if you're okay with just a little bit more taxes, we can just do some stuff that'll keep them at bay before they all fucking turn off us. That's but they can't even do that. They're just like, but Trump's bad. So you're like, well that, okay. There goes any opportunity to do anything, even the most cynical sense, to try and keep the fucking powers that be in power, because I mean, the road inevitably just ends this way, right, So yeah, all these countries have the entire economically populist lane to go down where you can create policies that actually benefit people instead of corporations. And by the way, corporations are people too, So Miles, when you said Joe Biden didn't do things for people, you were meeting out a big chunk of the population. Thank you. I will refer to you your honor, no further answers, your honor. But it's just so wild that like they are leaving this huge lane that has like proven to be popular in the past, with the Sanders campaign coming out of nowhere in twenty sixteen, doing remarkably well in twenty eighteen. But again, like to your point, I think people just lost their nerve because they were like, well, we got to beat him, and Sanders isn't gonna win, Like this is not a time to be taking chances. This Trump guy's pulling indicates that he could. Yeah, yeah, exactly, like everybody's playing game.
Speaker 5: I mean, do you think that they, the Democrats, those in power, he didn't want to bite the hand that feeds them, actually would rather have Trump than Bernie.
Speaker 1: That's a great question. I mean probably, yeah, I think they probably know that Trump is better for there. They are so distinct from what, you know, what Bernie Sanders and like, you know, the the idea of a progressive politics that actually like is focused on helping people. That yeah, I don't I don't think there's anything about Bernie Sanders that appeals to me in stream Democrats, whereas with Trump it gives them something to in theory, you know, fundrate. I was gonna say, like, in theory, run against but it's not even really running, it's just fundraising.
Speaker 4: Do you know?
Speaker 1: I got so many fucking texts during that address, begging texts from the Democrats, you know what I mean, Like they're still they're so caught in their ways. They're like, yeah, fine, man, we'll just like people be freaked out again and maybe we can get more money. Although now I think they're realizing people are so fucking disheartened by everything. Yeah, there's the money ain't flown in like it used to. They're willing to try anything except the uh Bernie Sanders thing that would actually work, because that is Yeah. I mean, it's just it's the thing that we saw with Biden coming up against certain things and being like a what can I do?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 1: I'm trying over here, and it's like, what's the unspoken thing? You're not saying what what are you trying? And not able to like, yes, there's Republicans in Congress, but it's also what do you want me to do? Up end this status quo? Yeah, exactly, Yeah, And I think that's it's the basic thing.
Speaker 3: I mean, like, going forward, the only people who will be worth listening to or voting for are people who can just very simple premise. The status quo is violent, and it's killing people, and it's every it's making everyone unhappy, their meet their needs aren't being met, and we're so far removed from like the even what people call like the good old days when people could have like even like my grandmother like was a fucking switchboard operator and shit, and my grandfather drove a bus. Like they were able to do shit and have a house even being black like that, shit was kind of possible even then. We're so far from that in the progressive tax policy that we had then, we're just so if you're not if you're not willing to come to the table and be like, hey guys, everything that's been happening for the last few decades, we.
Speaker 1: Have to reverse course on all of this. But that is just far too extreme a mess, like perceived as far to extreme a message from again the stakeholders of our media and things like that, that it's just it's but that's really what it is. Someone who's like we just need to change a couple of things. No, we don't. We need to change fucking so many things. And if you're not really saying that with your whole chest, don't waste people's time. Tweak the messaging. Tweak the messaging. Yeah, but thank you at that kind of stuff, right yeah, all right, Uh fizz A, what a pleasure having you back on the show. Thank you so much for joining. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 5: Thank you so much for having me. It's always a pleasure. I can be found on the internet along with most people, uh say, at physitals, on Instagram, TikTok, uh, threads, x face, Twitter, We don't say we say Twitter.
Speaker 1: We say Twitter, and we say Twitter.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, physic dot com. And then also check out Facial Recognition Comedy.
Speaker 5: It's a show that I host monthly that I run with Paul Viganalan who's also been on this show, and Tzar Ali. Our next show is March twenty first. It's usually a third Friday of the month at the comedy Store, So check it out. And uh yeah, it features a bunch of comics were not the same person?
Speaker 1: Oh wow?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, drownd comics that we all get mistaken for each other. Guys, girls, you know it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: I like, no, that's okay, never mind.
Speaker 4: It's funny though.
Speaker 5: It's a funny show and we have different comics every month and it's I mean, it's it's nuts nice.
Speaker 1: Is there a work a media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 4: There are Oh yeah, yeah, I got this. I saw this tweet that just took me back.
Speaker 1: Let me fine?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: So on Twitter, Trash Jones aka at jay z u X said about three days ago, by age thirty, you should have one harrowing friendship breakup that you talk about with the fragile stoicism of the Vietnam veteran, And that just hit me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I got one. I could think of, Yeah, you don't got one. You're not living with enough and I don't have one. So I'm not living and I don't have it because I don't set healthy boundaries. I don't. I'm saying mind came as a result of like a therapist, You're like, you shouldn't actually set boundaries with people. I'm like, what cut to I hear the choppers flying overhead, amazing miles. Where can people find you as their working media, you've been enjoying, Ye find me everywhere. They got as symbols at miles of gray g r a y not g r e y. I know we habitually spell gray like g r e y, but it's g r a y, and I love when people spell like this always happens.
Speaker 3: You got the handle right to talk to me, but then you spell my full name g r e y. I'm like, I get it at auto fills, but anyway. You also find Jacket on the Basketball podcasts and Jack on mat Boot's Talking ninety Dance on four to twenty Day fiance Sophia Alexandra a tweet I like it is from at Len zero Killer. It looks like Lendo killer and it said we found bruv in a blokeless place.
Speaker 1: We found bruv in a blokeless place. Awesome, snoop. You can find me on Twitter at jack hunderscore Olbrian and on Blue Sky at jack Obi. The number one tweet I've been enjoying from brooks otter Lake, I underscores ezz eas Easy's easy, tweeted Honora don't shaking TV. You don't need to do that stuff. Anora. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeikeeist. We're also on blue Sky at daily Zeikekeist. You can find us on Instagram at the daily Zeikeist. We have a Facebook fan page and a website, daily zeitgeist dot com. You can go to this episode wherever you're listening to it doesn't matter. Check out the description of the episode, and there you will find the footnotes, which is where we link off to the information and articles that we talked about used for research in today's episode. We also like to link off to a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, is there a song that you think people might enjoy? I think there's a song that people might enjoy. So there is a band I really like call men I Trust. We've gone out on this track before called Billy Toppy, but the men I Trust just put out like a live sessions album, and the live version is also really good. It's like one of those.
Speaker 3: Kind of driving, kind of like rock tracks. I really like the just picked driving, humming bass on this one. But yeah, it's also a super good live track. So this is men I Trust Billy Toppy the live version.
Speaker 1: All right, we will link off to that in the footnotes today, said production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is going to do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and hey, we'll talk to you all then. Bye bye,