Speaker 1: You're listening to the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast d AM Paranormal podcast network, where we offer you podcasts of the paranormal, supernatural, and the unexplained. Get ready now for Beyond Contact with Captain Ron.
Speaker 2: Welcome to our podcast. Please be aware the thoughts and opinions expressed by the host are their thoughts and opinions only and do not reflect those of iHeartMedia, iHeartRadio, Coast to Coast AM, employees of Premiere Networks, or their sponsors and associates. We would like to encourage you to do your own research and discover the subject matter for yourself.
Speaker 3: Hey everyone, it's Captain Ron and each week are Beyond Contact looks for the latest news in upology, discuss some of the classic cases and bring you the latest information from the newest cases as we talked with the top experts. Welcome back to another episode of Beyond Contact. I am Captain Ron, and today we will be speaking with Ross Washerman. Ross is a writer, producer, director, and editor. He earned his BA from Yale University and his MFA from USC School of Cinematic Arts, where he was the recipient of the Annenberg Fellowship. He has also directed two award winning films, Ascension and Emotional Vacation. Ascension is about this phenomenon. He is also an AI entrepreneur, a songwriter, the host of a new podcast called Do It Yourself Disclosure DIY Disclosure just got started. I think he's not about four episodes. We'll talk about that with him today. Hey, Ross, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Oh, such a pleasure to be here. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, brother, we were just talking. I didn't get a chance to hang out with you much at Contact At Contact in the Desert twenty twenty four. Was that your first time speaking at a UFO conference.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was, and I'm so grateful to have been there. It was actually one of the peak experiences of my life. I've had a lot of exciting experiences, but you know, for me, it was just a wonderful thing on so many levels. And I was really grateful to be there and to do some lecturing and panels, and to get to meet a lot of my heroes and friends that I have only read, you know, the books of or talked with online face to face. So yeah, it was pretty pretty exciting for me. Also, you know, bringing sort of my two favorite worlds together, which is the art and entertainment world with very investigative approach to trying to understand what is going on in our reality with the phenomena and things associated with it. So, yeah, it was a great time and it was also the beautiful resort. What was there not to like? It was great?
Speaker 3: Is the answer? Exactly?
Speaker 1: Brother.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a great compliment you You did a great job in your lecture, and there's nothing like being there in person, right, You get to interact with these guys, You get to get direct feedback from other attendees that share our curiosity to these these topics, right.
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean in my mind was blown every day. It was these one on one conversations you know, by the bar, by the pool, coming out of the lecture halls. And then also grateful to be able to sort of hang out with some people like in the sort of after party setting, some of these legends. I don't know if I should name them all, but to hear them in private also sort of sharing their insights and experiences and research, you know, these these cutting edge things we're not even allowed to talk about publicly until maybe recently. So yeah, I've learned so much. I made so many new friends, and that's, you know, part of why I got the podcast going, so I could sort of deepen those relationships and continue to loose them all of their their brilliance and information.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, that is actually the best part when you get to talent to peop because there are some things that some of these researchers can or won't say on stage necessarily because maybe they haven't flushed it out completely yet, maybe they're still working on a new idea, but they might you know, have that conversation with you privately, which is kind of a funnest part in the conferences to me. All right, I want to start off and see where you sit on the UFO topic, Like what are your thoughts on what you think is happening? Obviously none of us know, but do you have a guest or inclination as to what you think is going on?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have some guestimations in many working theories, as a lot of us do. My philosophy, which is what I lectured on, you know, as it pertains to ufology, was my main focus while at the conference. It's about answering that question of how to find and share as much truth as possible until the point of death and there beyond should the opportunity present itself. For for me, it was, you know, I've been trying to just look into what is going on, like like all of us are, and so, you know, there's lots of data points, there's lots of clues. You know, how do you how do you investigate something that is so much bigger than yourself, seems seemingly investigating you back on a much you know, higher level of intelligence, you know. Plane, So I started getting philosophical trying to figure out how can you look into these things as opposed to rushing straight to theories or assumptions like a lot of people have. So because of that, you know, I don't really have many beliefs on it. I'm taking primarily from a scientific perspective. However, that feel's necessary to update the idea of science, to expand it past you know what. Our mutual friend Seve Bessett refers to it as the limitations of the truth embargo. The things that you know in scientists and Acadaemi and session work, we were encouraged not to think about too much or take too seriously, and most of those things lead to consciousness. The conference with that in the title not a coincidence either. One of my working main theories consciousness is indeed the whole thing, or at least the connective tissue between all things, and it is the bridge between science and spirituality, and I think we need to sort of in general terms, broaden these categories and bring everything in into a much more holistic approach into how to look into all these things.
Speaker 3: Now, I think that that is actually really well framed. I like it a lot. I like that you're coming from the scientific point, and I'm like that you don't know what it is, because I think that's the only place we can be. And the more people seem to know what's going on, the less I tend to believe them, because it's very difficult to know such a complex array that we're dealing with, you know, I mean, this is a complex issue, and you know I my lane where I live is the more and more you look into this, the more I feel it warn't scientific investigation because there's clearly something happening here, and we need to get more AVVI lobes and more people like that involved, and more people like yourself looking at this from an objective scientific standpoint to see if we can't narrow down what is going on.
Speaker 4: Yes, indeed, I mean I think in my view, science is everything, just like consciousness is everything. I think things have been broken down into too many pieces and there hasn't been enough communication between all approaches. I'm going one hundred percent from all perspectives of the best of my abilities. So I believe, you know, one hundred percent that we can, you know, look into objectivity one hundred percent. We can look into the consensus perceived reality of subjectivity one hundred percent of what we can really get out of spirituality with ethics, and it simply only do things that help all planetary life some Michael, and never do anything to divide or self cannibalize the singular collective what refer to as celestial consciousness. You know, the whole thing is one organism together. So yeah, I been going down the rabbit hole of spirituality. And for me, it's all about trying to find the overlapping cross sections of all things as well, right, the commonality of all things, bringing all things together, and then finding the commonality of all individual things. So it's sort of these ven diagrams within ven diagrams kind of like a sort of Mendela of it should make an art project out of the stuff they think of it. I do visual art too, to help me sort of conceive of these philosophical, scientific, aspirational concepts. So, yeah, the overlapping cross section of all things to commonality of all things, and then we'll get to more of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, I think that. You know, it's very similar to Matthew James Bailey, who've spoke of that conference, who's an artificial intelligence guy as well, and he wrote the book on the Ethics of AI, and he talks often about the intersection of spirituality and science and AARI and all of these things are really interconnected. It's really a tangled web as you get more and more into it. Okay, let's talk about this movie you co wrote and directed back in twenty eighteen called Ascension, which deals with the phenomenon. How was that experience? Oh?
Speaker 4: Wow, Yeah, that was cool. The film is an amazing experience. Long story short. Yes, it looks into the dark side and the psychological side of the phenomena. Although I primarily I am into the light side and I aspire to the light side prevailing at the end. I'm on team Light, but I also know a ton of people that have scary experiences and bad experiences, so it looks into that from a psychological point of view. It's kind of like a body Snatcher's kind of movie, but on a smaller, more intimate, psychological family scale. It's like a psychological psychedelic art film, horror film, sci fi. It went very well. I won many festivals Best Picture for a first feature independ film, good Stuff. But it came out and I got distribution. It was going to be playing in like five hundred theaters just to start the first week in Asia, the very week that the pandemic shut down movie theaters for years.
Speaker 3: Well, I just want to know, was that based on something that you've known in your life or is it just pure fiction film?
Speaker 4: It's fiction. I have not interacted personally with the phenomena, although that might change in a couple of weeks. I'll have to tell you about that privately. But yeah, it's something that's always been of interest to me since I was a little boy, watching like Close Encounters and ET. I've always just been very curious about the truth of existence. And I've written science fiction for many decades now as a screenwriter and and such but this was my first time really researching the phenomena for the first time on a scientific type level. I wanted to make the most what i've the time perceived to be the most realistic version of the phenomena might be and how it might interact with people. I wanted to make it more about the consciousness and the psychological aspects and the family dynamics, sort of a Hitchhiker effect kind of thing. It's a multi generational story about a mother who's been ill from these experiences. It's a good movies to check it out.
Speaker 3: But as I am asking, I saw it and I think it does hit those points you just mentioned. Absolutely. When we return, we're going to ask Ross here how he feels about disclosure and if he thinks that's going to come from our government or how that's going to happen. We'll be right back. You're listening to be on Contact on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM paranormal podcast network.
Speaker 5: Hey, folks, we need your music. Hey, it's producer Tom at Coast to Coast AM and every first Sunday of the month, we play music from emerging artists just like you. If you're a musician or a singer and have recorded music you'd like to submit. It's very easy. Just go to Coast tocoastdam dot com. Click the Emerging Artist banner in the carousel, follow the instructions and we just might play your music on the air. Go now to Coast tocoastam dot com to send us your recording. That's Coast to coastam dot com. Hey, it's producer Tom and you're right where you need to be. This is the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal podcast network.
Speaker 6: The Coast to Coast AM. The mobile app is here and waiting for you right now. With the app, you can hear classic shows from the past seven years, listen to the current live show, and get access to the artbel vault where you can listen to uninterrupted audio. So head on over to the Coast tocoastam dot com website. We have a handy video guide to help you get the most out of your mobile app usage. All the infos waiting for you now at Coast to coastam dot com. That's Coast to coastam dot com.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to Beyond Contact with Captain Ron. We're talking to Ross here about disclosure. Where do you sit on that? Your new podcast is called DIY Disclosure, so I want to know where you sit with disclosure.
Speaker 4: Yes, thank you so much. Disclosure is an important concept. My approach to it is in the title, as you can imagine DIY disclosure. I think that's maybe the only way we're getting disclosure, at least the primary way we can get disclosure. DIY Disclosure is a podcast which at to have ron on soon, DIY do It your Self disclosure, which is a bit you know of a plan words you know, because disclosure commonly is known as governmental organization or big brother type entity and veiling things for you. But DIY disclosure can be done that way by the you know, those who are the secret keepers. But I think we all need to do DIY disclosure on an individual basis to sort of step one of my philosophy. Algorithmic jiu jitsu involves sort of the shadow work where you have to investigate yourself, understand yourself, disclose yourself and your truth, and in doing so, if we can all share our truth to each other on a larger and larger celestial consciousness type level, then we will have the maximum amount of truth simply put. But also DIY disclosure has to do with my discord with the same name, where I have thirty seven projects collaboratively gene work Define. Two of them are documentary investigations. I'm not in charge of all of them, so don't worry. But it's a highmind of people around the world. Most of them are like research topics. It's you know, there's one of the world's experts on crop circles is there? And that's kind of part of DIY disclosure. It's this sort of internet hive mind where we can all see what each other is doing and cross pollinate and learn from each other. And that's where we end up getting new and more and more projects because from the synthesis of these different projects, you know, the overlapping cross section Mandala energy and synergy.
Speaker 3: Yeah. What about government though? Do you see it coming from? Do you see big the disclosure happening. I think we're one hundred years away, Steve things were a week away. So where do you fall?
Speaker 4: Yes, I love Steven his optimism and I hope he's right. It's a holistic approach, right. I'm all forgoing as advertised one hundred percent in all areas and that includes political disclosure where I assist and help out and collaborate with Steve Basson and the work that he does, and you know what she Han does. So I do very much believe in it, and we have learned a lot from it. I think the chances of us in our lifetime or at least receiving provable disclosure, I think what we're going to get most likely is lots of information disclosure which we won't be able to prove whether or not to be true, but it could likely lead to more and more intro in the topic, the ability to grow, like your conference, for example, to get more and more people in the population to find this to be a vital issue, so it could start affecting politics and elections. So I think it's all useful, but I don't think it makes sense that we're going to be getting any like technological prove you know, we're not going to necessarily get a craft or some entity bodies presented by the president, even though I will keep pushing for that enthusiastically. I just don't see how the incentives would would go in that direction, Why any would want to, you know, why would even make sense for national security to at least give up you know, the details about.
Speaker 3: The say to Steve, there is no incentive for them to do it. What's the upside for them to disclose this if in fact they have that. Let me ask you this though your things about truth in a post truth world, which I love, What if another country, for example, disclosed What if a South American country said, by the way, we've had contact with alien bas do you think a lot of people would believe that?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, we have this going on, you know, the Congressional skin hearings, which I've been you know, very excited about. Seems like that those are non human bodies? Is that mean it's extra terrestrial? Who knows? I think it's possible that we in our lifetime we might get that kind of disclosure, and maybe even in this country, because you know, there is not necessarily harm in showing That's then you bring up a great point the bodies, right, like why can't our country show us bodies right? If it's not the technology, what's the harm? And if we are ramping up, which I sincerely hope or not of course, to you know, a hot World War three scenario, you know, this is likely a time when our government, with our best interests at heart, presumably are going to be rolling out probably reverse engineered ET tech, and they're going to want to put into the field, you know, use it for some be a very useful tool for spying things like that, but maybe just for defensive purposes to make sure that, you know, the adversarial nations are not going to launch any nukes without us knowing it, and then maybe we could just you know, scoop them up with the UFOs and no big deal. You know, why would a body be counterproductive for that? Well, I think it could actually be productive for our government or whoever is pulling these strings to reveal some hopefully living alien bodies, because then we're going to be thinking about the aliens and not about our secret technology. So that's my pitch to the government. Let's see some bodies. Don't let the Mexicans and the Pruvians and everyone else be to the punch, right.
Speaker 3: Well, I wish I would not recommend people set aside time to see this happening, because I just do not see any way they're going to roll out the bodies. I mean, I think we're a long long way from that one thing. To see the craft. That's yet another to get into the physical beings. Okay, so one of the biggest problems we have in the UFO community is they're always faced with struggling to get the truth to the truth. That's what we're all trying to do basically, and we have to navigate the misinformation, disinformation, hoaxes, lies, flat out incorrect information. So one of the questions I like to ask people is how do they navigate all this? How do you navigate online to get around all that?
Speaker 4: This is definitely all interesting stuff to me. This is what algorithmic jiu jitsu is all about. My philosophy is called algorithmic jiu jitsu, and it's about all algorithms, but initially it's about the one we live in online, the hive mind of the Internet, the social media algorithmic timeline, once initially referred to as the news feed, which is the single largest thing to negatively affect civilization in recent history based on my assessment. So yeah, I'm not saying everything we get in that online is complete disinformation, but a lot of it is, as you know, and a lot of it is also just people that don't understand the truth. Because even without disinformation. Truth is economically and socially deincentivized globally with the algorithmic timeline. So algorithmic jiu jitsu is about transmuting that and Act three and this is the project in my DIY disclosure discord that I'm most excited about working on making a new social media one where this social media timeline does not do what it does. It's actually all quite laid out conceptually and as a business plan. Just got to finish a couple of documentaries. We're going to try to do it. If there is not time to actually accomplish it, then I'm going to just be releasing these ideas open source so that hopefully the people who run the current social media companies can make the necessary changes or be inspired to do that.
Speaker 3: Well, they will not, I'm going to tell you right now forget that that's not going to happen. As you know, one interesting thing you pointed out, So you have this admirable goal of trying to find truth in a post truth world, and I love that, and I find it fascinating that you're you've actually pinpointed You've touched on it there a little bit, but you've pinpointed exactly when the truth on the Internet basically ended, and that was in two thousand and six with the dawn of these algorithms. Can you elaborate on how that plays out?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's really some whiplash. And this is partially inspired by long conversations with Steve Bassett on the Internet, because I think he you know, and others that have previously identified how the Internet initially was the biggest shift initially for the positive good, especially for my objective being the finding and sharing of information, the truth. That was an unprecedented time for finding and sharing information in all kinds of ways without control the top down. And then we have this like complete one eighty with this invention two thousand and six. Who is Zuckerberg who implemented it first on Facebook and then everyone else followed suit like immediately thereafter. And it makes sense, you know, to have the whole world kind of like pushed into one stream, you know, one sort of lane where you can kind of you know, mingle together. And I like that idea, but the way it was done just completely took away that open, wild West nature of the original Internet and forced it through these major corporations and through this pipeline of the algorithmic timeline, which then put forced everyone into these little, tiny, tiny, infinite tail in market echo chambers where we're the only way to succeed, the only way. If you want to go on a date, you want to have a family, if you want to make money, if you want to be famous, if you want to any if you want to succeed on any level, then telling the truth will not help you.
Speaker 3: Did it. That's a shame, And it does feel like that really did change. And I love that it's the algorithms that have done that, as that further divides us, which further complicates things. So when we get back, we're going to talk to Ross more about this and see if it really is truly possible to happen or if it's just a utopian idea. You're listening to Beyond Contact on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal podcast network.
Speaker 1: The Art bel Vault never disappoints classic audio at your fingertips. Go now to Coast tocoastam dot com for full details.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal podcast network with the best shows that explore the Paranormal, supernatural, and the unexplained. You can enjoy all shows on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you find your favorite podcasts.
Speaker 7: My name is Mark Rawlins, president of Paranormal Day dot Com. Over five years ago, George Nori approached me with a unique concept, a dating site for people searching for someone with interest in UFOs, ghosts, Bigfoot, conspiracy theories and the paranormal. From that, Paranormal Day dot Com was born. It's a unique site for unique people and it's free to join to look around. If you want to upgrade and enjoy more of our great features, use promo code George for a great discount. So check it out. You got nothing to lose Paranormal Day dot com.
Speaker 3: We're back on beyond contact, Okay, Ross. We're talking about this idea of having a truthful space on the Internet like we used to, but it's all got jumbled up with these algorithms that are giving us what we want to see and dividing us and that sort of thing. So will it really happen? Is it even possible? I think it's hard to stop this train, and young people just seem to be used to this and they're growing up in this and as admirable as your idea is, I don't see how it's possible. I think it's just it's a fast moving train and there's just no way to slow it down in my view.
Speaker 4: Indeed, indeed, well algorithmic jiu jitsu is jiu jitsu right and philosophically, So I started this philosophy not because I was like, I'm going to think of the defining philosophy of the modern age. I didn't even know as a philosophy. I was just stuck during the pandemic and isolated like all of us were. And I was quite aware of all the issues of social media which we've discussed, and I've never been a person that would has ever compromised my ethics, integrity, So and also as an artist, filmmaker, et cetera, essential to be online. So the question, like for many people, is can I do this somehow without and still look at myself in the mirror and sleep at night believe in myself. And so that's where I started trying to figure out this puzzle. So Act one is the sort of mellow demon, which is my sort of online persona, and that's union shadow work side of finding of DIY disclosure of oneself. Then when you're ready to play, you can enter the algorithmic timeline and that's where the jiu jitsu begins. Okay, So jiu jitsu is about this sort of peaceful, mutual benefit way of using the energy of the perceived adversary to win and ideally for everyone to win. So that's what I do online. I don't follow any of the negative trends. Ufology in my view, for example, is something that has been and forever should be nonpartisan by nature. So I've not let what refer to as the petty terrestrial affairs interfere with what I need to do, which is to fine insure the truth. If we're dividing into little clicks and stuff, we're losing access to certain information because we're just in one echo chamber and not another, and we're de valuing other people's idea and truth because they are the perceived political other. So anyway, long story short, the jiu jitsu is the sort of second act of how to still thrive but while using the negative toxic energy of the algorithm, but for positive effect of all people. And then the third act, which I agree as an ambitious one is to at least try to put out an alternative out there. And you know, I don't mess around, so I intend to actually make it work. But it is an astoundingly ambitious idea. But I've analyzed it and there's tons of weakness in the current system, and since no one is doing it this other way yet, I think there's a big opportunity at least to have an alternate place for people to find and share truth constructively.
Speaker 3: It's an awesome idea and I love it. And I guess there's two people now that I think still have integrity and that you and I, because I still can't find that in today's world. It's such a different place now than it was just a few years ago. Even UFO Twitter in our own little community that can be a place for trolling and argumentative comments and nonsense. It's tough. I hope, I hope something like this is able to be accomplished. Let me ask you this, Okay, So you have this other philosophy called the eternal present tense, which I love that idea. I often find myself reflecting on past things or looking to what I want to do in the future, and I ignore the present. It's a huge problem for me. Can you elaborate on your notion of what the eternal present tense means? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yes, thank you. Yeah, And this is part of the same algorithmic jiu jitsu philosophy. Indeed, and yes, the algorithm.
Speaker 3: You really do a lot of algorithms, don't you.
Speaker 4: Exactly As a beautiful woman recently told me, a brilliant and beautifulman said, I'm a structural revolutionist, and it sounded good coming from her. I mean, I'm a flowing person. Though I'm a free form structural revolutionist. I'm a lot of I'm a weird person. What can I say? I had an unusual disability situation for most of my life. I suffered through the most severe form of chronic pain for twenty two years and I still have pain, but it's a lot better and so getting out of that. And this is a whole you know, being tortured, literally tortured alive, it's a lot to describe. For all that time, it does something to you. It's a gift if you are fortunate to somehow like you know, claw your way through it. Most wisdom and transcendence does require suffering. Is the medium through which you must move. So it was the experience of the very long story of getting through that ordeal that I found myself in the eternal what I now call the eternal presentence, you know, being being present all the time. It started off briefly. I found ways briefly to sort of escape from the torture, and that was often through the creation of music. And that's where I primarily entered into these sort of mantra like trance like states. But then the music would have to stop, you know, and the music's over, you know, with what the fuck do you do then? And I didn't want to have to turn off the light, because guess what, I couldn't sleep, you know. Ever, I was in so much pain, I would just be up all the time, and then i'd maybe black out every four days. I tried to find a way to sort of extend the flow state longer and longer, and over quite some time, I've got to the point where I was present continuously in a flow state for over five years. It wasn't perfect, however, I was sort of all over the place, you know, like a like a wild like a leaf blowing in the wind. And so then I thought of this kind of very important thing, which is chapter three of the philosophy called the super objective, which is which I've described the eternal process of collaboratively finding insurant truth. So that's the eternal present tense. It's this flow state that goes on forever. And it's important to, in my view, in my experience and others who have attempted such things, to connect it to some kind of very clear, simple erow of time to bring you through this life and the next one. If there's that opportunity to get into the eternal presentense. Here are some things that help one, should I believe, stop anxieties pertaining to the illusion of the past and the illusion of the future.
Speaker 3: This is easier said than done, though we can all get bogged down by those anxieties, right.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, And I've been in this state for so long I try to describe how to do it. I've made some sort of like kind of alchemy style. Also, so acting, I was a professional actor before I got disabled. So and I studied with some of the greatest teachers in the world, and it was through the philosophies of these Russian you know, geniuses like Stanslawski and Michael Chekhov especially. Some of these ideas came from right, these flow state ideas all the world to stage. It does seem the more I looked into quantum physics and stuff, it does seem useful to to derive philosophical inspiration from the acting teachers and philosophers. But yeah, do you want to give up the illusion of the future and the past? And do you want to give up meta thought? All thoughts should just happen in the eternal presence. If you're thinking about thinking, you're doing it wrong.
Speaker 3: You're thinking about thinking, which.
Speaker 4: Is the next chapter. It's called without thinking.
Speaker 3: Love it less. Let me ask you this. You also work with artificial intelligence. I want to know do you think that this will help or hurt this vision like you were talking about, you know, getting to the truth on the having a truthful Internet experience. I see artificial intelligence as going the opposite way and further subdividing people, calling only the information that they want to hear about the things they want to hear about, and they won't even know what's going on in the world elsewhere because they'll have this gate there. That's the way I see it. Do you see it the same way or do you think it can help and move things in the direction you're hoping for.
Speaker 4: I agree with you, but I also think it has to fix things just from a practical level. Like all the things that I think about and try to do are about trying to make positive change, like literally in some sort of tangible, observable way. And so, okay, technology generally speaking, in my view, is neither you know, good nor bad. It's just how society handles it. Unfortunately, our society is completely messed up. So I don't mean to be like overly you know, optimistic, but our only option is to try to make things better. And you know, so we have two choices going into it right. Either, you know, we can be Sarah Connor and somehow take it all down. Unfortunately, you know, the United States is the most powerful, you know, hedgemon in all known history, so to take it down we would never dream of doing this. But even if we wanted to, which we don't, we would lose. So our only option then is to use the technology ethically and to help humanity. As for the philosophy and the ethics, only do things to help all planetary life, and AI is like a Pandora's box that you can use for really good things or really bad things. So we have to we are ethically sort of required to create these projects to use it for good, and I have a lot of projects and ideas on how it can and hus been and will be used that way.
Speaker 3: Awesome. When we come back, we're going to talk to Ross more about artificial intelligence and how it can be used for good and maybe how it can be used in the UFO community for identifying objects in the sky. You're listening to Beyond Contact on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast am Paranormal Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: The Internet is an extraordinary resource that links our children to a world of information, experiences, and ideas. It can also expose them to risk. Teach your children the basic safety rules of the virtual world. Our children are everything, Do everything for them.
Speaker 5: On the iHeartRadio and Parental Podcast Network. Listen anytime, any place.
Speaker 2: Hi, this is Sandra Champlain. Ever wonder what happens when we die? Well, I'm going to make it easier for you to understand. Join me for my show Shades of the Afterlife. New shows come out every Friday, so I'll be looking for you right here on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network.
Speaker 3: We are back on Beyond Contact. I'm Captain Ron. We're talking here with Ross Weashman about artificial intelligence in the different applications of that. Ross, do you see artificial intelligence being used to help in the UFO community? Maybe in just identifying the craft. I've seen these things deployed where they program them to identify what's a helicopter, what's a plane, what's a jet, what's a satellite, what's a star and eliminates all of that. It can break down what is truly an anomaly? Have you seen that?
Speaker 4: I'm aware of it going on in many different ways, both DIY by just random brilliant people as well as by contractors with the government and stuff. There's a lot of interest in tracking things in this guy, whether they consider it alien or maybe just at enemy adversary.
Speaker 3: Well, I thought Ero said there is no such thing as that. Remember Ero said that.
Speaker 4: Well, you got to keep it confusing. It's not a misinformation unless you have a little bit of every possibility in the mix, you know, right. But yeah, I think it is a major tool for that. I mean, you know a lot of us we really accelerated our trip down the rabbit hole, you know, with the first Nora admission and all that stuff that happened, you know, when this hit the mainstream, when we had the President kind of mutter about this topic a little bit, allegedly the Chinese spy balloon and then the two subsequent UAPs that were seemingly shot down but no debris was allegedly found, all that stuff. So yeah, since then, I mean, there has really been an upshot in the private sector as well as what I'm told, you know, within the government and the surrounding geos and projects. I'm told that that's been used for quite some time by the government and more and more by private contractors, which I know just.
Speaker 3: In the near future where these things will get better and better and more people will have access to them, and then we can have this in our backyard and we can track you know. I think that that's around the corner, and that'll help with the DIY disclosure, right because people will be capturing their own information. But then again, let's say somebody does that tomorrow and they say, hey, look, I got this anomalous object that clearly looks like a quote unquote UFO. Now who's going to believe it. They put that on Twitter. What's going to happen? Yeah, it's oh, yeah, that's real. Look this guy saw a UFO. No, that's not what's going to happen. Most people won't believe it. Right, it's going to get trashed and picked at, and even if it's real or not, it's going to face a lot of scrutiny.
Speaker 4: Yeah. With you know, digital cameras, it's you know, almost impossible to verify anything. I mean with video in general, it's it's not evidence, but you know that kind of thing. It's not tangible enough for me. There is other research that I'm aware of and sort of participating in that has to do with the sort of manifestation of craft and things from the points of view of conscious beings. With sensors. I think there's a lot that can be done with with sensors to detect the phenomena. I know that's going on with like Chris Bledsoe and all the people studying his local phenomena. And the sensors are very inexpensive now. And what I could imagine if the world would let us do it cool to have you know, a truly global array of these sensors, because I think that's how you can really get more useful data if you could somehow connect the get some EKG or whatever, the most high tech way of observing the conscious aspect of the phenomenon and then seeing how it pops up and where, when and how. The challenge, though primarily seems to be privacy. You know, to have a connected array of sensors all around the world, you know, all of a sudden, you're putting yourself in surveillance even more than we already are under surveillance all the time. So it's like how you speak of DIY disclosure, like how do you keep it you know, underground punk, rock and pure while also connecting everything together. I think blockchain and that kind of technology encryption is part of the way, which is why I have in a discord of various projects that do combine these sort of social high minded type projects with open source web three blockschain technology, both so that once there is actually hopefully you know, data to share, that it can be protected and not taken down too easily, and also so that people can share and participate in things in a way where they're not going to be hacked and manipulated. By the government and whoever else.
Speaker 3: This is an ideal community for that kind of technology. I think that could really play right into our hand and really help with the DIY disclosure in that area. I'm very optimistic about AI helping. I think it'll hurt us online with further division, but it will help us dramatically with identifying craft and sharing these stories. Like what if we had an array that would pop up, there's a sighting here here, you could map it. You could see where the patterns are. You know. Everything's always so private and quiet, you know, But if we all share that at one central location, you could say, look, there seems to be this exact pattern, and maybe it's something else. Maybe we would discover it's an atmospheric anomaly, you know what I mean. If we all had shared that data. Our data is way too fractured, don't you think.
Speaker 4: Oh indeed, yeah. And that's the whole thing with like scientism and the truth embargo that I mean. I try to look at things from all perspectives. You know, I can understand why, you know, national security secrets. They're not going to want to let everybody you know, have the information technology, But it gets to such an extent that there's no nothing coherent about academia at all, you know, so bringing people together is really important. I have this thing called open source spirituality, open source science, all these different things. History, yes, that's actually the one I'm most excited about. So the idea is, if you want to clap on this, I'd love to have you. It's you know, getting let's say history right, if we want truth, if we want to understand the truth of the president. And you know, I aspire to be a futureologist. You know, all data points for understanding the future, of course come from history. But what's the problem with history. Obviously it's certainly not reliable. It's all coming from many different sources, you know, and the victors are the ones that get to write the history and it clashes with their neighbor's history. So if we have the whole world connected with the internet, so open source history, which I'm that's my favorite one, by the way, maybe we'll do it first. It's a little less dangerous than open source energy, for example, which will also get to responsibly. But open source history. Get everyone together. Let's go through what we perceive to be the main historic milestones of the last century or two. Compare our notes, and let's find once again the overlapping cross section of all these things, and see we can find some base reality consensus to build from.
Speaker 3: The collaborative effort of all these things is really exciting. You have this other topic or philosophy that you call you already mentioned it, the petty terrestrial affairs. I love this phrasing. All of your phrasings and titles are great if you just maybe that's your calling that you know phrasing or titles. This notion is something I often pontificate about myself. We sometimes say it's all meaningless. What we're really referring to is the notion of don't sweat the small stuff. It's all small stuff as we all get caught up in these mundane minutia of life. Tell us your thoughts on petti terrestrial affairs.
Speaker 4: Oh great, yeah, pettiterrestrial affairs.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Some of my phrases have been like spreading all kinds of interesting places, you know, around the internet. Famous academic scientists, some of which you go on TV incredible ways who have been curious about the phenomena too, but they just have not been allowed to do it in academia or on their normal TV shows and platforms because of the truth embargo and the stigma toation. But they're using some of these phrases to do it, including pettiitustrial affairs and in particular, revolutionary civility has been the one that's caught on the most, fortunately, because that's been my benevolent way to socially engineer people to break free of the bad behavior of the you know, algorithmic timeline. You know. And by the way, UFO Twitter is famously the most toxic part of Twitter, except for the low community I've formed with my friends, which is like this oasis. But yes, pettiterrestrial fairs is also catching on. I'm glad because these are ones that are most directly about existing online and the problems that I perceive in doing so. For those interested in, you know, clinging to one's ethics and integrity like you, buddy, So petti trstrial a fairs is very important to me. Petty trustrial affairs is what self cannibalizes us on the hive mind of the Internet. It gets us to focus on left versus right in terms of politics, culture war A versus culture war B preference, and then tiny, tiny and tinier little things. We just we just self cannibalize ourselves so much it's like it's like a cheese grater until we're just like a fine mist of cheese, and it distracts us. It makes it impossible for us to come together as a hive mind species around the planet and find the truth instead where we're just self destructing. It also makes it impossible to make the world better. As an activist, an activist for disclosure, I'm also an activist for environmentalism, which I have connected to disclosure in a way. I do a lot of spaces, you know, these live streams on Twitter, which is like how I actually built my mass socratic method of philosophy, getting all the different nodes of the high mind to try out these ideas that I have and to you know, tell me if they suck. So far, none of them suck, but it's okay. It's a good way. I've learned from these people and we collaborate, and in doing so, there are simple rules in my spaces, and we have no petty terrestrial affairs ever. And once you do that, you know, you forget whoever one is, what tribe they came from, and it's just about the best ideas only in the good vibes. It's revolutionary civility, so let's not think we're being weak about it, because it's also the only way to make change is through this civil process.
Speaker 3: I love it, man, Ross. All your stuff's amazing. Do you sleep more than four minutes a night? Because I thought I was busy? And if you go to his website melodemon dot com, he's got art on there, he's got music that he writes on there, he's got DIY disclosure efforts on there, the podcast, everything's on there. Check it out at melodemon dot com. It's really incredible how involved you are, and I like how noble that you're approaching these things Ross, and hopefully a lot of it will come to fruition.
Speaker 4: Thanks. I appreciate you. I appreciate you really looking into all my things.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely so thanks for coming on, man, and thank you all for listening to Beyond Contact. We'll be back next week with an all new episode. You can follow me Captain Ron on Twitter and Instagram at CID Underscore Captain Ron. Stay connected by checking out Contact intheesert dot com. Stay open minded and rational as we explore the unknown right here on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast am Paranormal Podcast Network.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast Day and Paranormal Podcast Network. Make sure and check out all our shows on the iHeartRadio app or by going to iHeartRadio dot com