Speaker 1: First Date to follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Ben is on the phone today for your first Date follow up and he's getting ghosted by a woman named Riley. So in a second we're going to call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe gi him another date. But first, Ben, how long has it been since you talked to Riley?
Speaker 3: It's like a a week and a half now.
Speaker 4: We've been trying to reach out to her.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm sure not to be crazy, but you know, two messages.
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean, you know, you just want to know how blatantly ghosted you are.
Speaker 3: Oh, I feel very ghost It's so long.
Speaker 4: I know that sucks. I'm sorry. Okay, let's talk about your date. How did you meet her?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: How did you leave it?
Speaker 3: Personally? I think the date, you know, there was a little bit of awkwardness, but it was like a good date. We're in the same field, so we've known each other forever, like or not forever, but are professional lives. We've known each other, okay, okay, we've been talking just like like friends or co work or co whatever. And then one day, like there was just like a thing where we I noticed then I just was like, what's trying to do with date? And so this was the first one of those.
Speaker 4: Okay, well that's kind of an ideal situation.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't be calling it. I thought this was like a bad date. I thought the date was great.
Speaker 4: What did y'all do?
Speaker 3: She met up at my place, but then we walked in the there's a really great restaurant near my near at me and then so we walked there at dinner. Dinner was great, came back movie.
Speaker 4: Was there any part of this that started to get a little awkward or off?
Speaker 3: The one thing that was awkward was on the TV with some dirty video content.
Speaker 4: When TV, that's the last thing you were watching.
Speaker 3: In my difference, it was the night before. It wasn't like that's what I was doing right before the date got I brushed my teeth, I took a shower, I went it was.
Speaker 4: Were you away? Okay?
Speaker 2: You turned on the TV and she saw what you had been watching that you probably don't want people saying what you were watching.
Speaker 3: It definitely not off first day. The thing is, though, we laughed off, so.
Speaker 4: She noticed, are you sure? She noticed. Oh yeah, I didn't know how it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you can't see what you saw.
Speaker 4: She laughed it off. But did it seem like it bothered her?
Speaker 3: No, that's not That's what I was saying. It was like a hiccup, but I didn't feel like a hiccup. Okay, like it didn't like she was that's how cool she is, Like she didn't make it a thig.
Speaker 5: Well she's maybe being polite because also it kind of feels like are you trying to drop her hands? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Like is this what it looks? Fun?
Speaker 5: Huh?
Speaker 3: I just know that it's weird that we haven't talked in so many days.
Speaker 4: Well, how did you leave it?
Speaker 3: That is the the second hang up that ice feel. I just didn't feel that week like the let's go in for the kiss moment, and so I just we didn't do that, and so it just was like, let's leave it, but like not leave it as a not a date.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but and she has been ignoring all of your phone calls and text and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, two messages, but you know, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll try to figure out we'll plays on comeback and then call her and see if this else why she's ghosting you, and maybe get to another day to right, Yeah, all right, we'll plas on comeback, get your first day follow up next.
Speaker 4: Right in the middle of.
Speaker 2: Today's first day follow up if you're just joining us, Ben is on the phone and he's getting ghosted by Riley. So we're about to call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another date. But first, Ben, why don't you recap your situation for us.
Speaker 3: We've been friends for a long time. We finally made a decision to go on a date. We went on a pretty good date. There. There were a couple hiccups, no kiss at the end. There was some studeo playing when when we when she got back to my place. Yeah accidentally, Uh it was it was something playing the night before, but it could have been the thing. I don't think it is.
Speaker 2: All right, well, we'll give her a call and see if we can figure it out for were you ready?
Speaker 3: Yep? Yep?
Speaker 1: Okay, Hello, Hi.
Speaker 2: Maschek to Riley please, Yeah, this is she? Hey, right, how are you? My name is Jebel. I'm calling from a radio show. It's called the Jewbel Show. Yeah, the show's here, Riley, I'm Mina.
Speaker 4: Hi, I'm Victoria. How are you?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 6: Hi, I'm a little Kurfuse why are you guys calling me?
Speaker 4: Have you ever listened to the show before?
Speaker 6: I mean it's been a while, but I don't know why you guys are calling me.
Speaker 2: Well, we do a segment on the show called the First Date follow Up. That's where if you go on a date with somebody and then end up ghosting them, we call you and ask why. And we got an email about you from somebody.
Speaker 3: Oh really, are.
Speaker 5: You gusting somebody just a little bit?
Speaker 4: Is his name Ben?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: A little bit?
Speaker 2: Yeah, been emailed us and told us a little bit about your date. He also said he likes you a lot and he's confused why he's getting ghosted.
Speaker 4: Would you mind telling us?
Speaker 6: I don't know, very should It's okay, you can tell Yeah, okay, Well I am pretty sure.
Speaker 3: He was high lowing that up?
Speaker 4: Why do you think so?
Speaker 6: So we stopped by at his apartment and it really stink of weed, It really did.
Speaker 3: Okay, and he just looked so just couldn't connected.
Speaker 6: It was just like he was out and outer space and like couldn't talk to him. Like the whole entire date. It was just like couldn't get like full sentences from him. And you know, since we've known you to it for a long time, it's wholly opposite of who I really know.
Speaker 4: I mean, maybe he was kind of nervous.
Speaker 5: You know, some people like to take a shot before they go on a date and then maybe like that's not his jam, but like you just you know, like smoked a little bowl real quick.
Speaker 6: I really, but I just don't know Ben was a loser.
Speaker 2: Oh so you don't like that if he was stoned.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when it comes to Ben, like he just he's just not the same person. You know, he usually has like belongs and sage on our gate. It was just like yeah, yeah, uh, it's all right.
Speaker 4: You felt like you were talking to a wall, Yes, a big stone wall.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well, thank you for telling us. Appreciate it. And now I'll let you know that Ben is actually on the phone listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Oh you have a weed? You don't you have a problem with weed?
Speaker 4: How was your takeaway?
Speaker 3: I I do Oh yeah, I'm uh yeah, I'm baffled. But like what we're dope, It's like people.
Speaker 6: Don't weed, so you're high.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm high right now, I'm high afterward. Yeah, Like what, Yeah, I'm an adult. This is just what I do through to day. It's not everyone new I'm higher. It's not a problem, but I am high most of the time.
Speaker 6: You totally different from work and on our day.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's because there's work weed and then there's after work weed, and I it's so weird. I don't even think I didn't even do much anymore. Like no one, like no one ever. This is the first person I ever checked me on like, oh, yeah, you're high.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I don't know. I'm trying to follow you right now.
Speaker 3: Ben, I'm I only have a little bit flustered. This is not I cannot believe this is the problem. I thought this was like not just when we were in it to each other.
Speaker 6: You're just at the person I thought she walled. Well, we'll talk into a wall on our date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay, that's that's okay, that's that's chilling me. I guess you know. I don't want this to be weird. Can we like still be friends? Like a are you like done? Well?
Speaker 2: Let me ask Riley, would you like to go on another date with Ben. We'll pay for it.
Speaker 6: I mean, I definitely don't want to go on a second date with Ben, but I'm cool with us being friends.
Speaker 3: Okay, We're gonna be friends. Like you want to come over and smoke lead and play some video games. This is what I do with all my other friends. No, I owned you that, but we can still be friends. All right.
Speaker 4: Well, Ben, I'm sorry. No second date and no video games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Well this embarrassing. I'm gonna have to go smoke some disapployment weed.
Speaker 4: Okay. Jubile's first date follow up