Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getti and Pee armsty Strong.
Speaker 3: Not live from Studio c Armstrong and Getty. We're off, We're taking a break.
Speaker 2: Come on, enjoy this carefully curated Armstrong and Getty replay. And as long as we're off, perhaps you'd like to catch up on podcasts, subscribe to Armstrong and Getty on demand, or one more thing. We think you'll enjoy it. Sir, the Sherry.
Speaker 4: Peppini that's out there, it's not me.
Speaker 2: She's not real.
Speaker 4: It's just this version of me that has been created to fit the narrative for the media's version of what happened.
Speaker 3: Oh dang, Sherry Peppini is a victim of the media.
Speaker 2: I was afraid of the media.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you remember the Sherry Peppini story. We're gonna gonna lay that out for you again. We talked about it a lot when had happened here in the Armstrong and Getty Show. For one reason, because when she was found it was like a mile from my house on County Road seventeen north of Woodland, California near I five.
Speaker 2: I mean it was really close to me.
Speaker 3: So it was like, what, this abducted woman got dropped off by my house, held by castickers for.
Speaker 2: Four days or however long it was, including two Hispanic women.
Speaker 3: So let's hear a little more. There's I guess there's a documentary coming out. I'm guessing the documentary does not treat her well. This is the documentarian and Sherry Peppini.
Speaker 5: The ID series Sherry Peppini caught in the line the so called supermom sharing another version of that for mis twenty sixteen kidnapping hoax that captivated the country.
Speaker 4: The story that the world thinks they know is that I am a master manipulator who's fooled everyone.
Speaker 2: That's my magic one.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I'm gonna do ridiculous things because some of this is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're listening to a crazy person, Yeah, gesticulating for the camera and like being over dramatic, then admitting she was faking it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, we don't think you're a master manipulator. We think you're a pinhead who thought she could get away with something dumb, like.
Speaker 3: Within moments of you showing up in the ditch near my house. The story came out with the details and everybody, but that don't sound right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the cops were like, wait a minute, so called super mom, she's married with two kids. Uh, let's roll on.
Speaker 5: In April of twenty two, Puppinie pleading guilty to lying to federal investigators about her disappearance. She's done a plea deal, saying she knowingly planned and participated in her own hoax kidnapping. Now Peppini changing her story yet again, claiming she really was abducted and assaulted by James Rayes.
Speaker 4: There was no master plan, there was no hoax kidnapping. There was a cover up of what happened, and I participated in.
Speaker 2: The cover up.
Speaker 5: Rayes had previously told investigators the Peppini caused her own injuries and that, at her request, he branded her with a wood burning tool. Investigators say he passed a polygraph test and was duped by Peppini.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you don't know this story and the details are being filled in, and I'll get to a little, uh, some of the background here in a segment. Yeah, she she her hair was cut, she'd been branded. Was she did herself or she's claiming this guy did or whatever at her request. I mean, that's some that's some commitment to your hoax branding yourself. Mum, you gotta admire that, huh?
Speaker 2: Do I do? I? She didn't just go halfway on her made up story. She went all the way and then a pretty decent question, why would we believe you?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: I was gonna just for the plot that that's her ex boyfriend who she went to spend a couple of days with because she was tired of being wife and mom supermom right, and he let her in because it was his hot ex girlfriend. He was thinking, you know, I don't know, maybe she's back or not, you know, but yeah, but now she's saying, no, maybe she's back. She's kind of crazy, but yeah, I'm a little lonely. So uh, what the hell? It was pretty good when it last, did uh? And now two years however, many years later, she's saying no, no, no, no, Wait a minute, wait a minute, Now here's the real truth. He a dead man. Damn. Wow. Wow, let's hear her explain herself. You're a convicted liar, So tell me why we should believe you.
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: Haven't you ever lied? Have you ever lied in your history of existence.
Speaker 6: And then has that lie been blown up and broadcasted.
Speaker 2: Around the world. It's so much more complex.
Speaker 4: Than just pointing the finger and saying you're a liar.
Speaker 6: And I wish, I wish more than anything, I could have been more truthful.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it was worth it.
Speaker 3: It was worth it bringing it up, bringing this up, to play that clip. I gotta play that for my kids at home. Whenever you get I cut up with a chick who sounds like this, that's your takeaway.
Speaker 2: It's a good takeaway. Oh my god, Wow, wow, a hot mess. So yeah, no kiddingdwich. Well that's another one.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 2: So I'm guessing she got some money out of this or was convinced by these filmmakers that this is your chance to set the record straight, because that's how you dupe somebody into doing this. But from the department of stop digging, right, yet another round with this guy. She's crazy though, she's It's like the Olympics. Every four years she comes around and entertains us with her her craziness. She's like the Olympics. Every four years we get an update. Oh yeah, I like gymnastics.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: The Sherry Peppini story. The real story is I wasn't This is you know, dateline twenty twenty nine. I was not abducted by my ex boyfriend. It was space aliens and they probed my anus. That'll be the hook, all right, So.
Speaker 3: Let me read a little from the Wikipedia. Sherry's husband, Keith Peppini, first became concerned when he returned from his job at Best Buy.
Speaker 2: Poor son of a gun and his kids. Let's not forget that two kids.
Speaker 3: I'mber second twenty sixteen, so this is shortly before Thanksgiving, which plays a role in this, and could not find his wife at home. He eventually used define my iPhone application to locate her cell phone and earbuds at the intersection of Sunrise Driving Old Organ Trail, about a mile from their home. Okay, that's up by reading California if you know where that is, which is like a two and a half hour drive from where she ended up, according to Shasta County Sheriff. In interviews, Peppini said she was helped by two Hispanic women who took steps to keep their faces hidden from her, either by wearing masks or keeping Peppini's head covered. Peppini was branded on her right shoulder during her purported captivity with the word Exodus. When investigators questioned Sherry at a later date, she claimed that it looked like a verse from the Book of Exodus. According to a statement by her husband, Sherry was physically abused during their captivity, had her nose broken and her hair cut off, and weighed eighty seven pounds when.
Speaker 2: She was released. Well, she was only gone for four days. How much weight can you look? Was in four days? Was it just four days? Wasn't that long? Was it was Thanksgiving? Maybe it was longer? Okay, all cepried even that's something.
Speaker 3: At the time, the sheriff said it was still an active investigation and authorities were looking for a dark colored suv with two Hispanic females armed with a handgun.
Speaker 2: I remember when we were talking about this all the time. Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Detectives had authored close to twenty search warrants, including some in Michigan, and said they were examining cell phone records, bank accounts, e mails, social media profiles. The FBI was involved. Peppinie was found with both male and female DNA on her neither of which matched her or her husband. The FBI ran the samples blah blah blah. In March, the oh the DNA found on her clothing they eventually figured out matched her ex boyfriend, James Reese, who she now says is the guy that branded her and held her, who confirmed that Peppini stayed with him at his residence in southern California during the time she was allegedly kidnapped. Have we heard much from him about what that was like the the week or so that they spent together. Was that just you know, loving bliss with sex, holding hands and watching Netflix? Or was she as crazy as she seems to be that whole time and he was like, how do I get her out of here?
Speaker 2: I'm guessing the second, because everybody said they did not have sex at the time. Wow, what did they do there the whole time? Netflix? Anyway.
Speaker 3: In March of twenty twenty two, she was arrested by the FBI, accused of lying to fade her allegiance, faking her kidnapping to spend time with her ex boyfriend away from her husband and family. Which makes you a very very bad person. Although I think she is completely crazy. Got thirty three counts of male fraud and all kinds of different things because of the way the law works. In September twenty second, this is probably all in the documentary. She apologized and accepted full responsibility at her sentencing hearing. Accept full responsibility as opposed to who else? Really, you're taking responsibility for the whole disappearing on your family, cutting your hair, branding yourself, claiming some Hispanic women abducted you.
Speaker 2: You're taking using the good name of Hispanic women everywhere, you monster. Did we ever believe this had happened? Or were we at first? Yeah? But as soon as the facts of her abduction came out, it was like, come on, Which is how that poor couple of Pedaluma, so many people suspected them. If you remember this case in Pedaluma, California, who were alleging this bizarre, utterly illogical, really stupid kidnapping, And it turns out it was a mentally ill former marine who did all the exactly what the claim he did. But it was so stupid and illogical it sounded like the Sherry Peppini thing. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: At the time of her kidnapping, her disappearance was featured extensively in national news true crime programs. Front cover of People magazine. The outlets continue to cover the story after the hoax was confirmed, including multiple true crime documentaries, News Magazine and News Magazine episode Whooping Cough, and podcasts. There have been Lifetime shows, there have been Netflix shows. There've been this crazy.
Speaker 2: Biach is a cottage industry.
Speaker 3: Who Who's a limited documentary series Perfect Wife, The mysterious disappearance of Sherry Peppini, not that mysterious. Eminem references the kidnapping hoax and his song Houdini, That's funny. I heard that on the radio just the other day, and I heard that, and I thought, I wonder how many people get that line with the line caught sleeping and see the kidnapping never did happen, like Sherry Peppini, Harry Houdini, I vanished in the thin air as I'm leaving me.
Speaker 2: So I heard that just the other day, and I thought, how many people get that? I understand we have a new cut. That's the husband in an interview from last year, when he first saw her at the hospital.
Speaker 5: When you first encountered her in the hospital, was your first instinct?
Speaker 2: I saw the look in her eyes.
Speaker 7: I felt in that moment that she was lying and It wasn't until when I really got close and I could just see the amount of injuries, bruises, burns to her body, and it was a shock to me. And I remember thinking, how horrible of me to even think that she could have done this to herself.
Speaker 3: Well, I wonder how quickly he got to reality and then if he was ever in like a period of jealous anger over the fact that she went to see an ex boyfriend, or if he just immediately was able to go to she's completely mentally ill. I can't be angry at a mentally ill person. She's completely crazy.
Speaker 2: I mean, to.
Speaker 3: Brand yourself, give yourself bruises, I mean, you're completely crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't you're making a bigger deal of the branding yourself because somebody likes that. I mean, you press something hot to yourself, it will scar you immediately and it'll hurt. But I mean, it's not like it's a sizzling cattle brand or something. Now, you know, Joe soft peddling. Self branding is a well the work of nut jobs, and I think it's I think it could have been harder for this guy because I mean, as you said, she's completely crazy. Now she's not a babbling psychotic. She's a manipulative narcissist. And that's a slower road to travel than Oh my god, my wife has lost a grip on reality because she hasn't. She's not psychotic, she's just you know, back in the day they call it, would have called her extremely neurotic. She's some borderline personality disorder.
Speaker 3: Again, I'm gonna play that one clip for my kids. If you ever meet a woman who sounds anything like this, none, No, what if she's hot? Dad doesn't?
Speaker 2: Matt in facts extra No, yes, yes, run run run, give us, just get us thirty five again, Michael, to wrap it.
Speaker 6: Up and we'll go to break the sherry peppini that's out there.
Speaker 2: It's not me, she's not real.
Speaker 4: It's just this version of me that has been created to fit the narrative for the media's version of what happened?
Speaker 1: All right, Cuckoo, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getti The Armstrong and Getty Show, The arm.
Speaker 2: Strong and Getty Show I mentioned earlier.
Speaker 3: My neighbors are making me feel bad about myself and super super nice people in this new neighborhood that I live in, But my picture of them from my driveway is. I've only had a couple of conversations with them. A few conversations been their kids, that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: Really nice.
Speaker 3: But my picture of them for my driveway, it's like seeing their Facebook page with all the achievements and everything that all the time, they're always up earlier than me my kids. They're always out exercising, like with the kids, bike rides and all this different sort of stuff. On Sundays they're up early and the kids are all dressed up and they get to church. Every time I go to the gym, he's there. It's like, are there two of you? How do you do this? I don't understand how you do this? Washing their cars in the drive It's just like they're constantly doing productive things and and like being just soproductive and happy. And it's just it's I need to move somewhere where the people are like just laying around.
Speaker 2: They're in super fit. I need I need to I need to live. I need to live.
Speaker 3: Next to people who are like oh bees, laying around and even crap, their cars are.
Speaker 2: Dirty, their kids looking right. Yeah, yeah, okay, well you have you have three choices to me, all right. Number one, there's that choice very attractive. Number two. Number two, you could up your game and be as good or better than your neighbors. Let's just put that one aside. Right, Let's able that, at best third undermine their efforts. Now here's the option. I'm interested in exploring. What can you do to undermine that family their good habits and their happiness? Right, that's just the best offense is a good defense. You know that. Watching the NCAA tournament, Jack.
Speaker 3: God to admit, I'm looking for some downside to make myself feel better. It's like, there's gotta be something going on over there that's not perfect because it looks perfect. Yeah, and I feel like they're doing it just to mock me. That's their main motivation. Well, let's yeah, that's the key is to take it personally.
Speaker 2: Yes, it only makes sense their excellence is an insult to you. Yeah, it's a very productive, a great attitude to have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when I when I walk out and I see them with their kids all dressed up headed to Sunday school.
Speaker 2: And I think my kids are still in bed, and I just got up myself. Oh my good. Right, you've got to resent them for that.
Speaker 3: You're gonna come home from church and then wash your cars and then you're going to the gym.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's not exactly what my plan is. Wow, well have you read He'll Be Elegy? You really should, or we're gonna read it. We're gonna eat too much bad food and go back to sleep. It's sort of our plan, but SATs their own exactly.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Geddy.
Speaker 2: Why Armstrong and Geeddy on demand? We're not boring. A lot of news is boring and tedious and depressing. It makes you angry. You don't want to live your life like that. Hey, I'm Jack Armstrong, he's Joe Getty. We're Armstrong in Geeddy. We try to bring you the truth and help you figure out this crazy modern world. About something about a comedic tone.
Speaker 3: We have a one arm Yes, listen to Armstrong You Getty on demand on the iHeartRadio, at Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: See Armstrong and Getty show.
Speaker 2: Congress, Congress'll give me a break.
Speaker 5: Did you see her?
Speaker 2: She was out of control?
Speaker 3: Those days are over?
Speaker 2: The days are the days are who?
Speaker 6: No I did?
Speaker 7: The days of.
Speaker 2: Woke are over.
Speaker 3: That woman I don't I have no idea who she is that woman was out of control.
Speaker 2: She was shoving federal agents, she was out of control. The days of that crap are over in this country.
Speaker 5: We're gonna have law and order. You know.
Speaker 3: That reminds me. I can't let go of this topic. I will in a second. But we got a text from somebody. How come you guys gloss over Trump's obvious decline? Why aren't you talking about that? You know that was one of the big pushbacks during the whole Biden thing. Look at Trump's rambling or when he gets things wrong, which he does, and he does ramble and versus the thing, but you just heard him that they're not even in the same ballpark of mental decline. It's apples and volkswagons in terms.
Speaker 2: Of mental decline.
Speaker 3: And yeah, and if you but if you actually believe that, that's the why I want to bring this up.
Speaker 2: If you actually believe that you.
Speaker 3: Have the same level of lying to yourself delusion that allowed all this to happen because you're so wrong, because.
Speaker 2: You want it so badly to be true. Yeah, I take a long look at yourself. I don't know what else to suggest. Always say about looking in the mirror. If you don't know what introspection is, take a long, hard look at yourself. That was Trump commenting on the arrest of Democratic New Jersey congress gal Monica mc ivor what story, assaulted cops and ice officials and stuff like that, then tried to hide behind race and whatever else. The lunatic. Yeah, the charges against me are purely political. You're a hack, you're a liar, you assaulted a cop. Enjoy the criminal justice process. I hope it's long in our all.
Speaker 3: In the name of protecting illegal criminals.
Speaker 2: What Yeah, Well, keep going. Good look in that next election. So a slightly different topic, but oddly connected. There's a great piece by Will Swain in the National Review, who's been following California politics and Gavin Newsom's absurdities and the rest of that. He's also the president of the California Policy Center and is California and Will does great work. We ought to talk to him someday. I don't think we have. But so he's talking about as so many people have. The California Globe has done a good job on this too. Gavin Newsom's just shameless gas lighting on the homeless crisis, or shameless dodge on the homeless price crisis is Will Swain puts it, and how Gavy boy had the audacity and just I mean, you almost have to have a sense of humor to try to say the real problem that caused California's homeless crisis as it exists right now is Trump's tariffs. Wow. I mean, like, wow, wow. The guy's been governor and you know, a vice governor or whatever since was it twenty thirteen, twenty twelve. It sits in here somewhere. It's quite a while. And Trump's just I mean, I can't even it's not worth the time to shoot that down. It's inpetently ridiculous. But I mean, he's just trying so hard to come off as a moderate. As he said the other day, I've been always a hard headed pragmatist, he told reporters. The hard headed pragmatist did not mention that he has increased the state's budget by fifty percent since twenty eighteen. I didn't know that funding an array of boutique progressive programs. His green energy initiatives have killed the state's oil industry, wall jacking up the price gasol into the heist in the nation. He remains the state's cheerleader for a high speed rail project that, five years after it was supposed to be done, hasn't laid a foot of track, but has burned through at least thirty three billion dollars and probably more. Nothing screams pragmatists like the high speed rail, and most recently, he spent a budget busting ten billion dollars to extend medicaid benefits to illegal immigrants. He has also spent and this brings us to our main topic, twenty four billion dollars more than the annual budget of twenty two states, in a feckless effort to solve California's worse than the nation homeless crisis. That is where Amy Bublack comes in. Amy is the mayor of Turlock, California, which is not terribly far from the radio ranch. And we and the crew are very very well acquainted with Turlockians and spent many fine hours there and have many listeners there, and we greet you and thank you for listening. But she's the mayor of Turlock, which nobody has heard of around the country. But in the hours leading up to his horrific budget performance, which was when he was talking to reporters and said I'm a hard headed pragmatist, quoting a swam Here, Newsom seems to have had a kind of nineteenth nervous breakdown. Attempting to explain his whop high profile failure to eliminate homelessness despite spending billions, he blamed local officials as a taxpayer, not just governor. I'm not interested in funding failure anymore.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 2: I won't time to do your job. This is so rich. Californians are vomiting even as they listen. People are dying on their watch, dying on their way. I don't know how do these people get re elected? Oh wow, wow, Look at these encampments. They're a disgrace. They've been there for years and years and years. I've heard that same rhetoric for years. People are dying, kids are being born. They have been there for years and years. While you've been governor for years and years. Right, as Red State reporter pointed out, it's almost if he hadn't been either governor or lieutenant governor since twenty twelve. Mm. But here's the crazy part. Newsom decides that somebody needs a kicking, and it's going to be amy Bou Black of beautiful Turlock, California, Central Valley. He reserved his most lethlamo for Boo Black in a letter that his office leaked to reporters. She first learned of the governor's letter from a political reporter thirty or forty minutes before I got it in my email. Once she read it, I thought, quote, this is crazy. This man knows nothing about homelessness. Homelessness. He's going to talk to me, of all people, Newsom said to Boo Black in the letter, it is imperative that the city of reconsiderates priorities and demonstrate the kind of collaborative, accountable, and solution oriented leadership that this crisis demands. Enough, do your job. Here's what brought that on. The mayor's sin and the action that brought her to Gavy Boy's attention, her refusal to spend the symbolic sum of one dollar that would have unlocked a county homelessness homelessness grant of two hundred and sixty seven thousand dollars in state money. Now. Reporters, of course, dutifully conveyor belted the governor's letter into the state's largest news outlets, and Newsome then promoted their stories on x truly a lack of ridiculous, lack of local leadership, on absolute moral failure, he declared, throwing the amy bublacks of the state under the bus for his policies. California has invested billions to combat homelessness in Turlocke. Their only shelter is at risk over a single dollar. The state has done its part. Local leaders need to step up. So why would this monstrous woman not spend a dollar? Well, she explained that two hundred and sixty seven thousand dollars of California taxpayer money laundered through the county and then to we Care a homeless shelter in Turlock would have come with no accountability. People who live in the homes near the center have complained for months about the shelter's residents, who are not supposed to be in the facility during the day. They pee and poop and shoot up in the neighborhood. They steal from people, garages, the rest of it. And so the mayor says quote, Turlock City Council requested a simple reasonable condition that we we Care expand access to bathrooms twenty four hours a day, despite multiple discussions where we Care appeared amenable to this condition, they refused to make the commitment. Instead, they chose to attend two council meetings and publicly attack the council majority, believing public pressure and threats would overrize the override thoughtful decision makings. And we respect their efforts in addressing homelessness, but it's clear that the change in direction was needed. We could not in good conscience support a grant that did not address core community concerns or deliver greater accountability. In other words, no more unaccountable quarters of a million dollars. These people don't listen, They're not accountable. This is obscene and it's not helping the homeless people quote unquote who actually need help. I'm blowing the whistle on this.
Speaker 3: Well find out for that, Kevin knew some attacked or as we found out last year, tens and tens and ten of gazillions of dollars have been spent all over the state without anybody paying any attention to whether it did any good or not.
Speaker 2: There wasn't even a mechanism for it. That's right. When they tried to figure out whether there had been any results Gavin Newsom had to admit, no, we don't even have a way to figure that out. Yeah, and Amy said, no, we're not going to continue down the same path that's ruining our town. I'm calling this out and for that, Gavey, who's naked lust for the Oval office is just embarrassing, decided to go ahead and punch way down to stomp Amy Boublack to support his presidential aspirations.
Speaker 3: Man, he's in a tough place given state of California over the last several years.
Speaker 2: I don't know how. I don't know how he runs away from it. I don't think he can so. No, He's a clever son of a gun for sure, and he will try very hard. But I just think there's too much weight, you know. I tweeted a great picture of a bunch of junkies laying in their own filth and garbage everywhere, with the California state capital in the in the background. It was taken on Capitol Avenue, Capitol Street, kemdil. Very easy to do, Oh yeah yeah, and I captioned it. I think, you know, Gavin Newsom for president in twenty twenty eight. All fifty states can live the California dream. There's no way he can run away from his record. He'll try, but he will feel miserably and it will be a bitterly enjoyable to watch. I'm looking forward to it. I hope the Good Lord grants me enough years that I witness it personally. Why are you trying to eighty six forty eight? So did the Secret Service actually go see James Comy?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: He didn't interview this morning. Was there anything interesting Hanson there? Comy?
Speaker 3: I feel like that really revealed the Kmy being even more of a dips than I thought.
Speaker 2: What'd you do that for?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 2: Moron?
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 2: You have no judgment whatsoever.
Speaker 3: I always thought his judgment was poor, but it's incredibly poor.
Speaker 2: I think if Komy thought he could get away with it, he would go around in a crown in a long purple road trimmed in white and black ermines.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna read this tweet I came across, and if you're you have to be a certain sort of person even get it.
Speaker 2: But it's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Tapper's book is like All the President's Men if it didn't name any of the men and was written by John Erlikhman.
Speaker 2: That is pretty good. If you know you that, that's really good.
Speaker 8: More on the way stay here The Armstrong and Getty Show. More Jack or Joe podcasts and our hot links.
Speaker 1: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty, The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 2: Back to the Big Beautiful Bill. I have announced my departure, not only from the Republican Party but all politics. I've given up, thrown up my hands. I will be moving to Uruguay or Paraguay. I can never remember which one, right because I have forgotten. Yeah, well, because I've given up. But I found this very very interesting. Part of my despair is that the Republican Party has abandoned any pretense at taming the budget, reducing the deficit, reducing the debt, reigning in wildly out of control entitlement programs. And so you know, I've got no home. I'm a homeless man. I have no port in which to pull my little boat to safety. But I found this really, really interesting, and this is the reason why you know you ought to be on my side. The Trump administration recently promised that it will not cut Social Security, Medicare, or Medicaid benefits. Now I'm going to quote Phil Gram, the Great Philgram, Well I was quoting last week, Fiscal conservative slash saying of the past. Anyway, the determination not to reform retirement benefit entitlements is politically understandable. Third rail blah blah blah. But there is no reason to include Medicaid, the nation's most abused welfare program, in that pledge means tested welfare or welfare tied to a person's income level or means is the main driver of the budget deficit. It is not Social Security, which is almost ninety percent self funded by its dedicated payroll tax interest ninety percent self funded, or Medicare, which is fifty percent funded by premiums and payroll taxes. Spending on Medicaid IRS, cash welfare payments, and supplemental the SNAP program food stamps has grown in inflation adjusted dollars. Those three things. Spending on Medicaid, cash welfare payments that the fundable tax credits and SNAP have grown inflation adjusted by six hundred and seventy one percent, fourteen hundred and sixty three percent, and two hundred and ninety percent, respectively since nineteen ninety. By contrast, total real Medicare, Social Security, and Defense expenditures have grown by three hundred and eighty, three hundred and eighty six percent and thirty eight percent, respectively. Medicaid numbers, yeah they are actually, but Medicaid absorbs seven times as much general revenue as Social Security. Wow, more than Social Security and medicare combined. I did not know that. I know nobody's talking about this. Medicaid is this gigantic monster. It's like Frankenstein if it was the side of Godzilla, you know, just stomping across the countryside, crushing entire villages.
Speaker 3: So when we talk about people, you know, able bodied people leeching off us taxpayers, this is the program where they're doing a lot of it.
Speaker 2: Correct, Yeah, correct, And it has to do. And you know, part of me wishes we had time. Part of me is glad that we don't uh to explain the bizarre states intentionally tax hospitals and doctors so then they can spend more than they can build a federal government more for Medicaid. Then the federal government gives them more money for Medicaid, which they then give back to the doctors and hospitals, and the stupid, stupid federal taxpayer pays for all of it. It's just this giant scam slash scheme.
Speaker 3: We actually have the great Craig Gottwalals on tomorrow to probably explain some of this.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah he did. Yeah, he's a perfect I'd ask about this. But it all has to do with Obamacare and the Medicaid expansion. Do you remember that? And a lot of Red states said no, we don't want this money, and they were criticized, how dare you deny medical care to pay? And the Blue states accepted it. Well. Now, as has been discussed at least somewhat lately, federal tax pay for ninety percent of the bills of healthy, working age men who get Medicaid, poor pregnant ladies get I think it's a third. It's so perverse and upside down. One final point, and this is actually the main point of Phil Graham's article, which I found really interesting. The title is the Census defines the poverty rate Up and Jack, this is something you have hit many times through the years. But during the War on Poverty, the government adopted a common sense definition of poverty having resources that are not enough to meet basic needs. The problem is they didn't scale a lot of this to inflation. Some of it they did, but they've begun not counting government transfers. Eighty eight percent of government transfers that poor quote unquote poor people get are not counted. When you ask, all right, is this person poor? Do they need mo more stuff, more aid, that sort of thing, they pretend that all the rest of the government aid hadn't happened.
Speaker 3: Right, So if you're living on using my finger was living on twenty eight thousand dollars a year, somehow they only count that for political purposes when they're making arguments. They don't count the maybe another eighty thousand dollars you might be getting in all kinds of transfer payments, all kinds of different stuff, housing subsidies, food help, medical help, all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 2: Doesn't count it, and adjusted for inflation. Now those classified as poor have almost twenty times the purchasing power they had when the War on Poverty began, Yet they're still called poor people for the purposes of growing these programs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have talked about this. Forer is that needs to be straightened out. That would be a huge change in our politics. We could let more people know that are strong.
Speaker 2: See Armstrong and Getty show.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Marjah, Your Shoe podcasts, and our hot links and arm