Speaker 1: All right, We're good.
Speaker 2: You like go.
Speaker 3: Busting with the boys, hanging with the fast, betting.
Speaker 4: On a game.
Speaker 2: No moment's gonna.
Speaker 3: Tell us what.
Speaker 4: Can not be. We're here.
Speaker 3: Just drinking beer and making nan Baby. I'm hanging with the Fellers, Busting with the boys.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 1: Welcome to another episode of Busting with the Boys. This is episode three oh two. Shout out the Boys. We are your hosts, Will Compton, Taylor la Why. If you are listening on Spotify, Apple, watching on YouTube or Rumble, make sure that you are subscribed. Support the Boys the podcast by just hitting the subscribe button, turn on the notifications if you'd like to, and don't forget to leave comments along the entire episode. We got a big one for you this week. We're gonna be recapping the NFL. We're gonna be recapping college ball. We have an awesome interview with Hardy that is a banger that will be toward the back half of the episode. But we've got to start off this thing right. This is presented by our good friends at Chevy. There's a reason we've never done a tiar talk of best pickup trucks, and that's because for Busting with the boys, There's only one pickup truck near and deetor a heart, and that is the Chevy Solrado. Why is that, you might ask? The Silverado is a partner, a partner you can depend on. We've all spent time driving and using the Silverado for all kinds of adventures and other shenanigans, and Silverado was a partner with us on the Spring tour. They were on the Fall tour, they will be the rest of the holiday season. The Silverado brings grit, legendary grit, paired with modern truck tech inside and out, massive screens up to eight cameras with fourteen different views to help make driving, towing, and parking all easier. We love the bold, blacked out look of the new Silverado HD Trail Boss. You know your boy rips around that ZR two blacked out from head to toe. There's a reason Chevy's America's most awarded brand for new vehicle quality over the last three years, according to JD Power. So head over to Chevy dot com to build your own Silverado or Silverado HD and check out all the current offers on the Silverado. Discover a world of strength and capability all behind the wheel of our favorite truck, the Chevy Silverado. Chevrolet Again has received the highest total number of awards compared to all their brands in the JD Power twenty twenty two to twenty twenty four US Initial Quality Studies. Visit jdpower dot com slash awards for more details. Awards on Again are based from twenty twenty two to twenty twenty four models.
Speaker 2: A bit of a mouthful with that bit of a mouthful, bit of a mouthful, I will say this. I want to double down a little bit on the subscribe. Just click the button. Couple of housekeeping items. All right, Today is Tuesday when you're watching this right now, when we're filming, this is Veterans Day. So let's give a rune aplause for all the veterans out there. Yes, let's serve and protect this country and make it what it is. Thank you so much. We will be recapping college football and NFL on the show tomorrow, which is today. We're gonna say ten am Central time, tam Central time. We're moving, We're moving the goalpost.
Speaker 1: Let's rip it Central time.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do a red de redemption two stream. That is Tuesday, November. That is today twelfth, November twelfth, Today November twelfth, today Thursday twe November fourteenth. We'll have the locker room. And now the reason why I've said all these things is because Delanney Walker will not be there. He'll be in California and doing whatever he's doing, what Delanney Walker does. And Will Compton will also not be there. So it'll be me and the boys in the back of the bus handling the locker room, giving you, facilitating you our picks, and hoping to God you come with us. But the big reason why Will Compton is not going to be there Baby number two. Let's give a round of applause to Will Compton and his seed yet again becoming victorious. Congratulations brother, how do you feel?
Speaker 1: Girl? Dead for life? Man? As you are listening to this episode, we will be at the hospital. We have a scheduled C section. We go in at like eight thirty in the morning. Should be coming up probably within a couple hours. I guess with that I don't have my hand on the pulse as much as I did with Rue number two. We will be in it, bro, We will be in a Baby number two is coming. The family is growing. Family of three now family four five, counting a waffle, shot out the pup Waffle and right now snuggled up on the cow.
Speaker 2: We've all forgotten about Waffle, but thank god we're still talking about her.
Speaker 1: Yeah but yeah, man, girl, Dad through and through, Bro, you.
Speaker 2: Can do that. He's gonna be just smack my face with my own mic. Dude, if you had a crystal ball in your hand right now, what do you think you're gonna realize? Like, what do you think is gonna be like realizing you had more time with is Rue? Is it gonna be that? How is it possible that I would love a kid this much as much as I love Rue?
Speaker 1: Like what do you think? I think it's that one. I think it's like going into it. You know, my wife Charle and I, like we sit down and we're sad that the chapter with Rue is over where we give Ru all the attention and everything else, and it's kind of like you kind of feel bad. She doesn't know what coming. We've done our best to introduce her to this new baby. But I think that's what it is. It's like, you know, before we had Rue, and I was absolutely obsessed with Waffle, and I would tell Waffle in her sweet little ears that like, hey, you're gonna be my number one forever. Don't even worry about this, don't even triple this next baby. Obviously I forgot about Waffle. Kid's a little bit different. It's not like I'll forget about Rue. Rue will be my number one.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine Waffle?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I know, I know, but I think that's what it. That's what it is. It's like you can't people without kids. You can't conceptualize, like you know, the love your how your heart expands and you're able to love something way more than you love yourself, way more than everything. Right there, you're number one over you know. I would say that. Charle would say the same thing, like over your marriage, everything else, like your kid becomes your number one thing, like the amount of love that we have for Rue, that you have for your kids. When it was Win at first and then Willow comes for me, it's like I don't know how to get my arms that I'm going to I know I'm going to love the second kid, but it's like until it happens, I have no clue. I think that's like what it is. Because we're bumped. We hit the coffee shop this morning, like, hey, let's rip it selfie, it's gonna be a last time we're a trio. And uh yeah, I think I'm most excited about outside of having another daughter, is like seeing Rue become a big sister. I evern't really fired up. We've tried our best to to integrate her, integrate this new baby as much as possible with Rue, like talking to the belly. Rue shops for her, like when we go to the mall, we will pick something out for her. She helped put together the baby room for her, like all these things to like get ready for baby number two go. We also shout out the boy Stephen Jay. He gave me a little bit of advice last week that we acted on. But Char was with Ru at the mall and Rue one of these like Elsa this Elsa jewelry, And we bought a gift for Ru that Rue doesn't know about. But whenever we bring the baby home, we're gonna tell We're gonna tell Rue that it's from the baby, Like we're gonna try to do all the things that just integrate Rue into this world. Yeah, Steven Jay's like, hey, here's the only piece of advice that we did for our that we did with our second one from our first Like when Rue comes into the I saw this video on Instagram. Shout out Instagram. We know how we all love to consume content on Instagram, But I saw this video to where it's like when you introduce the first one to the baby of the second one, have somebody else like holding the baby when Rou comes in the hospital room, So that way Mom doesn't have the baby. RU can come in and say hi to Mom, can come in and say hi to Dad. We'll have our nanny there who will be holding a new baby, So that way you can introduce Rue to the baby. But so that way it's like RU doesn't come into the world of Mom's holding the baby. That was kind of the whole stipulation on it is like Mom's holding the new baby so in their brain like their world. I don't know, it's all fascinating stuff. We're trying everything to make sure we introduce Rue the right way, and yeah, dude, I think we're just gonna be in the trenches. You know. Obviously, sleep's gonna be a big thing. You're gonna have to feed this thing, what seven eight times a day?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't do a good job offending for themselves in the beginning. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's very difficult for them to go work through that process.
Speaker 1: Yeah, try to figure out how we time up the nap times, how we you know, we spend time with Rue, how we spend time with the baby, how we get trying to get room involved as early as possible with it. I think that's all the things that those are what all of the conversations have been around. Yeah, the second baby coming.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you this, when my oldest is a fantastic big sister, and all the things you just said, we did none of them, So you be all right. And I do want to brag on Rue a little bit because I've obviously known real since she's she's coming to this world. And the little girl she was like even six months ago, like a little more shy, a little more cautious, seeing her at the game the other day, playing with JP, and then finally when JP went to the bathroom so I can get a little bit of time started playing with me. JP is like all time uncle right now with that damn kid, and but her her confidence, she she does a great job of saying what she wants articulating what she wants and not being nervous about like hey, should I say this? Is like she's very like clear what she wants. She wants to have a good time, and she has that energy of like great big sister energy so inspires me up.
Speaker 1: It's one of those things like everybody's like, hey, what advice do you have for a new kid, and people say like, oh, don't take advice, don't do this, Like, uh, I don't know. It's like I'm one of those cats where I like to hear advice from everybody, like taking as much information as possible and then grab parts or I'm like, hey, I kind of want to implement this and with this with this time around, so we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: I like the gift idea I life.
Speaker 1: Because I dropped that photo this morning of a trio we're about to be we're about to be growing to four, and somebody even in the comments section said that exact same idea. They're like, hey, you should buy a gift for Ruin. Say it's from the baby when the baby counts, but yeah, shout out stephen Ch. He kind of threw threw that one out there for me.
Speaker 2: I don't want to turn this into like a baby podcast, but I am interested in the sea section thing because so they basically they sedate Charro obviously, so she's kind of loopy, she's out of it. Yeah, how long do you guys know how long it's going to be before they kind of get her juices back? Is it kind of like when you get the nitrous gas when you're at the dentist and they take it off the pill of oxygen, You're good in five minutes? Or does it take a little bit of a moment for charl to get back to.
Speaker 1: You're asking the wrong guy. But the experience we had last time, so the reason we went sea section route this time was you know, for people listening to that pod back then, like Charle had a we had you know, you kind of write out like you know, we were going into it. We had a duela. We're learning about, you know, charl being pregnant. You're learning about what's to come, what to be prepared for when you're in the room and everything else. Like we had a plan, like she wanted as natural birth as possible, but like all plans, they all go to shit always, And when that happened, Charle was in labor for close to fifty hours, like she didn't want an epidura. She ended up getting three EPI durals because one or two of them just didn't go right, like one didn't work. So that was brutal, and she didn't come off like I want to say, like the four centimeter or four milimeter whatever it is, four centimeter mark for hours and to where she was just like they were advising us and we were just like, let's just get a see section after like forty something hours of laboring, and so going into this one, I just think she didn't necessarily want to think about it. I think she's just like, let's just get one planned out. I've already done it once, She's already gone through that whole process, So let's just know what we're getting ourselves into.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one thing I remember when Charle had she Charlo had like a booklet of like her plan to have a baby and how it was all going to go. And Taylor was similar in some ways in the in the with the first child, but really like everyone was telling like, hey, once you have a plan, just know that plan will be fucked. Yeah, you have no shot. And so when Taylor. I think Tayling. I went to Sedona when Charle was in labor and came back and she was still in labor.
Speaker 4: Food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were just in that room forever. It was just not it was tough, man. It was tough on Charo. Dude.
Speaker 2: I remember seeing Will going to drop off I think with sushi. We went to Sunday for you and some sushi, and just seeing this man, it was like not even It wasn't even Will. It was just his body essentially moving around forty hours and also a fifty hours of being in labor. I'm sure you two a couple of naps had guilt now.
Speaker 1: One time, yeah, one time. Well, we had a duelist, so it was like there'd be times where I'm helping. I'm the one standing next char and doing all that stuff, and then the duela would and there was like Charle's like, hey, go ahead and get your nap. I was obviously like exhausted. She's exhausted too, but I'm like, hey, you know, I get some z's right now, can I do something?
Speaker 2: We're both hurting.
Speaker 1: It was the first time where she was like part of the plan when it was like, hey, let's just get an epidural that'll probably help, because again, she hadn't moved off like four centimeters for like ten hours at this point, and we were in the tub, we were doing all the different stuff, and so they came in to do the epidural, and then that's when I ended up falling asleep on the couch. Well, that epidural didn't work, and I wake up and she's just in it, and you know what's happening? What's this? Yeah? I was out for like ninety minutes. Where's the burger? I thought I got ordered a burger?
Speaker 2: But uh, yeah, did you wake up to her like going through like she was making noise? The noise she was making woke you up.
Speaker 1: There were some noise that I was sleeping through, some pain that I was sleeping through. I know, bro, I know, I know. Hey, Hey, where's my burg Where's where's the burger? Took the burger che screaming.
Speaker 2: I remember Tailing's first contraction with when we had no idea when the stuff was gonna start. We were in Green Hills in the parking lot next to the place that is now Shakeshack, and Tailor just like unbuckled her seatbelt immediately and start panicking and going around the car, and I'm like, Yo, what are you doing. She's like, I never experienced that in my entire life. I was like, what was it? She goes, I think it was a contraction. I was like, Oh, we're fucked. We don't say that chance, dude, I just don't wonder. But bro, women are crazy the way they can take that, because after that first contraction, when the next one came, she ate it and then continue to eat it. And my whole thing with the epidura is there's probably a whole bunch of science about how, oh the baby this maybe that there are no metals when it comes. There's no like, oh, you're a mom who did it with an epidura. You're a mom who did or did not. It's like, it doesn't fucking matter. Get the thing out healthy and just take the path of least resistance the whole way through it.
Speaker 1: And hats off to the women who were able to you know, labor for only a few hours and it pops out.
Speaker 2: Fucking breathe you you want, yeah, but he won.
Speaker 1: If you had the crystal ball, you want it to go a certain way. But if you can't, like once you experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a crazy thought. But you're talking about the women that can just pop it out in no problem. It's like what you know, I mean, I don't know. I don't know how cervix is working stuff like that. Oh yeah, I don't wanna.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's like, you know, the minu you experienced the war room, you realize like, hey, whatever, women, whatever path they want to take, whatever path goes for it. It's a different animal when you're in those walls.
Speaker 2: Just think about like Ricky Bobby getting the breaks, just getting slammed on, Like I know that's obviously a movie, but think about people that actually deliver kids. Like the dads are just like, oh, I'm gonna get in the car right now. Yeah, I am not equipped. I'm not I can't handle it. I can't change the oil in the car, let alone deliver a child.
Speaker 1: Yeah, keep the head up, bro.
Speaker 2: They just popped them things out. Back in the old days, they had litters like rabbits. They just fucking yeah, hey, we'll get We'll have ten of them, hopefully six of them make it.
Speaker 1: And then I'm watching it's either House of Dragon or Game of Thrones where they're sitting there laboring for days and days, and if it's not a boy, they're like thissed off.
Speaker 4: You don't know, Yeah, that is crazy.
Speaker 2: I was talking to somebody last night about having boys, and I just thought, I don't know if I want one anymore. I don't know if I want to go down that road.
Speaker 1: Are you guys gonna I don't know.
Speaker 2: I no, stop step stuff.
Speaker 1: I know your personal life right now. My personal life, Yeah.
Speaker 2: My personal life is I'm you're only shot. No, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: Okay, you're right, but you know, and also all of them, yeah, yeah, yeah, who knows if any of the boys are getting busy. Yeah, if any of the boys are getting busy back there. But right now, as it stands with us too, like you're you're the only shot in the near future for a boy. Like now that we're at the end of this pregnancy, you're kinda It's kind of like how I thought with the first one, Like before we even decided to have kids, we both were like, oh, I'd be sick to have two, three would be awesome. And then you have the first one, and then you witness the labor, you experienced the labor that charl had. It's like we might only have one who knows it's gonna be up to her like because they got to go through so much more than us. And then now that we're at the end of the second one, before we have the second ones, like oh okay, maybe you know, maybe you go we go for three?
Speaker 2: Maybe not yea.
Speaker 1: Now that we're at the end of the second one, I can't even fathom like a third one coming in the picture right now, right.
Speaker 2: Because literally just a few months ago you were talking about quickly getting back on the horse and getting the third.
Speaker 1: One quickly exactly.
Speaker 2: And so that's kind of where I'm always. I'm gonna waiver point always right now where I stand too. Now we know we've noticed with the cat being in my life or Christmas lights at my house right now, I don't run my family.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't do I am not the pants wearing my family, So I could be having four. I have no fuck, I have no clue what's gonna happen in my life. That's the fun part about being married to Taylor. I don't get to decide.
Speaker 1: Right we know right now we're wearing girl, We're wearing our girl dead hats, we're wearing our girl dead hats. But we got some boy mom merch like you again. Yeah, you're right now, you're the only shot in the near future.
Speaker 2: I just don't know the brain do it. I don't know if he can. I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, up in the middle.
Speaker 2: That capability, Dude, My penis is never taken directions. It's been a straightforward type of deal the whole time. When Cobb. When Cobb was talking about taking directions, I'm like, I thought there was just one lane, one straight lane. He's talking about left and right. That's just crazy to me. Shout out Randall Cobb's piece.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: They are there's no doubt about it. And I would kind of like I thought I wouldn't, but I would be a psycho athlete dad. I think I think I would fall into that trap a little bit, not like Baby Gronk's dad, not like Ball's dad. But there would be a piece of me like man, Yeah, yeah, I probably would be like Dave a little bit. Yeah, I would be like Dave a little bit.
Speaker 1: Better than you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the expectation that gets placed on all order boys. Listen. I don't want to die out here, but that's a toll fucking order, right. I mean, imagine you had a boy ten years in the NFL.
Speaker 1: I you want him to get the full ten, complete the legacy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, imagine if you had to leave. Yeah, that you got a boy at nine and he was in year nine in the NFL and he's like, damn, think about hanging up, buddy, No, a piece of you'd be late. We could be the same, We could be the same. Yeah, I don't know. Yeah, but anyway, anyway, man, Yeah, we do got merch. Look at what Yeah?
Speaker 1: Nice, nice, nice little plug. We got some teasers. As you guys see, Taylor and I were both wearing different variations of our girl dad hats. These will be dropping on Black Friday. If you're looking at this, sweats your right now.
Speaker 2: We got turn around. We got some sick merch coming all the way around. Ignor his cheeks. Do your best. Fuck coffees on the ground. Out Watch your pants, Watch your pants. But here there it is there, it is right there. You get it, you get it, Get out there, get out of there. Will We want to make sure you stay good. And for those of you who didn't get that shot, I'll have you hit you one more time because I could have easily just done this.
Speaker 1: But these shirts as well. It's gonna fall.
Speaker 2: Just get it closer, just get it closer to you, farther away through anything.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what this says, dude, as matter of fact. Yeah, this simple, simple little pocket on the front. When you turn it around to the back, thank you. Sure, when you turn it around to the back, you got the Boys of the fall, Bust with the Boys, the locker room Tier one, Bust with the Boys tag and then quoted number one sports podcast on a bus and that is facts.
Speaker 4: That is a fact.
Speaker 1: That but a lot of the merch will be dropping on Black Friday. It's gonna be a massive year for the Boys as always.
Speaker 2: Massive ear every year. We just try to do it, man, and we wouldn't be able to do it without you, beautiful people watching and listening to the show every single week. You're the only reason why we're successful without Without you, guys, we're just a couple of idiots.
Speaker 1: So we do appreciate. Let's idiots regardless hit me, yeah, yeah, regardles. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Let's say add quick, let's talk about something that's also very special near and dear to our hearts, and that is sport clips this football season. Don't walk around with helmet hair like a total rookie. You've been in the game long enough to know that how you wear your hair matters. Just because your team's mascot is a Wolverine shout out the Miskian Wolverines doesn't mean you have to look like one on up top. Keep your head in the game and go to sport Clips their pro Their pro stylists have mastered the x's and o's and men's hair so you can get a tight fade while kicking back and watching some fade routes on TV. It's called a hell mary, folks, not a hair merry, So don't just go anywhere. Head over to the pros and men's Hair. They'll have a perfectly crafted game plan to make you look your best. No halftime adjustments needed. Remember the difference between an okay haircut and a great haircut is called sports clip clips. It's a game changer.
Speaker 1: Speaking of halftime adjustments, we can't nobody. The Chiefs are inevitable. They I fucking hate them.
Speaker 2: The only way the Chiefs lose is if you stop being if you become the biggest fan of the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: I can't why.
Speaker 4: I just can't, bro, I just I can't.
Speaker 1: But hats off to them, Like they have won every which way possible. They've won by comebacks. They know how to win in the fourth quarter, they know how to win with like twenty seconds left on the clock. They know how to win in overtime.
Speaker 2: They know how to win when the balls in the twenty five yard line with an easy layup field locked. It took the tight end, put him on his ass and bank that thing.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: They win every which way imaginable. And you know, when you're on that sideline, like the game's even close, it doesn't in the fourth quarter, You're sitting there and you're like, something's gonna shake force. We're gonna make a play somehow. Everybody on that team.
Speaker 2: No fucking doubt about it, dude. It is just crazy. And to be the tight end, first off, we've said it on this podcast before. Being a tight end on field goal is the worst position in football. Yeah, three guys, no pause, no Diddy coming down your face. If you do not stand a chance and when they when the when, If you're the left tight end and you're on the right, just know you're about to have a stinger and you might break your leg because it is the worst possible position in the world, and you have to get low, you have to throw that lake back. It's so difficult. And this poor bastard for the Denver Broncos gets mode over like he like it's a five star athlete. It's one hundred and sixty pounds off, it's alignment. It is just absolutely brutal.
Speaker 1: I mean, shout out the Chiefs. They just you to do fucking come.
Speaker 2: Well, no, they're nine to o.
Speaker 4: I know, I know, I remember.
Speaker 1: I remember I shot Big Cat a text when it was fourteen to three because on Pro Football Football Show, by the way, I did take Broncos plus seven and a half, so my bet hit no matter what. But my hot take was that the Broncos are going to shock the world and win by ten plus at fourteen to thirty. Looking it was looking good.
Speaker 2: Isn't it crazy how we're shooting him the eyes, Like, hey, whenever you shoot out of here, whenever you shoot a text your boys when things are going your way before the game's over, it always goes the other way.
Speaker 1: I know. Even when I said it, I'm like, let's this is probably gonna fucking turn around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just it's just absolutely brutal. If you were looking for sports stuff always. We have the locker room that comes out Thursday at six am. A couple ones. You got the you took the Broncos one. I took Patriots money line versus the Chicago Bears. Obviously that one worked out really well for us, so that all that stuff will be out there every single week during.
Speaker 1: The Dude, if I would have just went even farther, I was thinking about this Commanders games. You watch Commander Steels. Yeah, so even when the Chiefs came in and that one was crazy, you turn it flipping over to Steelers Commanders that one was crazy as well. And on the locker room, I was like, I think it's gonna come down to the fourth quarter. Uh. I might have said last year. I don't know if I did, but I was like, this is a better coach football team than the Bears. In the fourth quarter and literally same camrangle, same drive, jayde Daniels around the fifty driving in and the Steelers bro Russell Wilson throwing that dime off of his back foot for that touchdown and goal crazy to go ahead to Mike Williams.
Speaker 2: Who just got there with this small package.
Speaker 1: You know, he is on cloud nine leaving that abysmal dumpster fire of the New York Jets. I mean, that's that's, that is what's going on. Like, yeah, I had Aaron Rodgers, he was I had to start him. Jordan Love was out with the bye week. Aaron Rodgers moves into my next lot, next man up mentality, Aaron Rodgers gives me one point one point in fantasy and that team like I won. I bought into the Jets. I love the comeback stories. I love when somebody's just doubt. And even though the way Aaron carries himself, you can see where people love him, you hate him whatever, but I love just like buying into that fantasy. Like what if he does just come in and change it around. Popsa's achilles last year, he comes back around this year. He's saying all the words. That's like, okay, you would love to see this future Hall of Famer, first ballot Hall of Famer, just just come back and do it. Broy. They drop some early, they get Davante Adams in the trade, like they suck man, Like it's over, it's over. It's over for Aaron Rodgers, whoa forever. Maybe maybe that's the gas he maybe that's the motivation he needs. Right now, it seemed like it's over. It seems like it's just over. You know, man, I hate it here and everything he just SAIDU saying it because I'm a fan. I'm a fan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is the man, dude. Let's get back to the Steelers real quick. Shout out Arthur Smith. Yeah for taking Russell Wilson, who essentially seemed broken after he unless left the Seahawks, goes to the Broncos, tell everybody he's gonna cook, He's got his danger witch, he's mister unlimited. And then he absolutely shits the bed in Mile High City. Then gets sent over the Steelers. He's in a quarterback battle. And now Arthur Smith has done an amazing job of resurrecting Russell Wilson's career, and I think that man should get another head coaching job.
Speaker 1: And it just speaks with Tomlin too, like the plan the plan too with Arthur and Tomlin and the whole Russell Wilson stuff. But when he came to the Steelers, obviously they also got justin Fields, but part of that plan was like, hey, let's eliminate let's handle some of these distractions off the field. It's lay low. Let's just focus on ball, which he's done and bro, he's playing well. Steelers. Steelers are a weapon. They can be a problem. They get in the playoffs, they can make it run. They have an elite defense. Russell Wilson is going to continue to get better and better. Pickings love watching him play. Yes, we just jumping. Larry p tweeted about like just backyard football.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that is what it is too. You got two guys start getting little chippy with each other. That's always going to happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Always.
Speaker 2: One thing that worries me about the Steelers is is it high Smith?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: High Smith catching that ankle. Now, it didn't look like a broker or anything like that. He didn't seem like a real nasty twist. Hopefully that's the case, because.
Speaker 1: They did trade for Preston Smith, like they've gotten.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm not sold on President Smith.
Speaker 1: It's not like he has to be the guy. They got this guy in Watt and even the backup for high Smith when he came into play. I'm I'm losing his name right now. But he played well in absence.
Speaker 2: Having Highsmith on the other side of TJ. Watt is such a critical thing for a defense like the Steelers because with his level of play that he has on the left side of the line, you have to now focus on both of them. You can throw chips both times, but with him being out, you can now put more focus on TJ. With more slides, more chips. Bro, I don't know if you can stop TJ. Only get this is thank God for my career that I only played him his rookie year. That's all I mean, that's all I have to say, because that dude is a fucking wrecking machine. He is out of control. The way he's able to play that consistently, that much power, that much speed, it's so impressive. It is so impressive because originally you thought when he got in the league, it was like, oh, TJ JJ Watts brother, he's gonna have to pedigree, that's why he's gonna get drafted higher. When I played him, I was like, Okay, obviously not as good as his brother. And now this kid is just doing things that you know, he's gonna be a Hall of Famer. Kid's going to be a Hall of Famer again, but with uh with it, I keep messing up the name high Smith.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: With high Smith being out that you're able to put more focus on t J, which is a bit of a worry.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, he'll get rolling.
Speaker 4: I feel like the Steelers.
Speaker 6: My friend Austin Early, but he's like, I think the Steelers have the most value for a futures bet on the Super Bowl, just because of how they might have to.
Speaker 1: Just get in on that. What's we gotta jump on the DraftKings sports book and see like what that future is.
Speaker 2: Let's see what that boy's looking like. Yeah, dude, the Steelers are. That's a firey squad. No game was better than the Thursday night game though.
Speaker 1: I mean this, this entire this entire weekend. I mean, you're right, but this entire weekend was awesome, dude.
Speaker 2: Uh, who is it? Houston in the Lions? Houston Detroit was incredible.
Speaker 1: Bro Detroit. Jared Goff through five fucking interceptions and by the time I went to bed, they were all It was second thirty. I jumped on the I dreampt on DraftKings. Took the money is like plus one fifty at the time, just thinking to myself. Okay, they just threw five picks. It's second thirty. It seems like they're gonna get the ball back with time, like they might be able to pull this off. Yes, and wake up in the morning and they fucking win the game with five turnovers.
Speaker 2: Bro, incredible five And the kicker who had the game winning kick that literally went in by just a hair, by just a hair, they were giving his little backstory before he gave that game winning kick. Kid was a soccer player and then became like a like a kickoff specialist and had a very unique way of gating to the league. And now he is sitting in an away game with the Lions and kicks that kick to win the game. It's it's that's the kind of story you want to fucking see it.
Speaker 1: Bro, The Lions are a jugger.
Speaker 2: Not The Lions are the team that can unseat the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: And I know that the Texans kind of have their they have their reasons why they're just a little bit above average right now. So coming into the season, you think like this is a team who's gonna make a big run because of the year that they had last year. But against a team like the Texans, to turn the ball over five times and still win a game is razy. Chris is crazy. They've just been handling business. Oh what coach?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, coaching saying you get Taylor Decker out of the game. You obviously saw with Skipper in there at left tackle, there was a lot more penetration on golf really messed him up. Goff had two interceptions all season until this game. It's just it's crazy. And what Houston scored another point in the second half, right, that is just crazy.
Speaker 1: Start up that drive with the pick and then another pick as they're going down the score in the red zone.
Speaker 2: You got to feel if you're that team, you're you're up. You have twenty you score twenty three points in the first half without your number, your two receivers in there, you're only playing with Tank del Joe Mixon. You're throwing it around there like yeah. You got to feel so good about the second half of that game, dude.
Speaker 1: And people thinking about the Steelers' future odds to win the Super Bowl right now, it's twenty two. That's twenty two to one. That's how you'd say that, right plus twenty two hundred. I might have to do that. Just throw a little bit on it. You never know, Yes, you fucking you never know. There's a lot of great football teams. Now we're talking about field goal kickers. San fran It was a moody Jake moody. He was having a tough he was having tough. It wasn't was it was in there was he back. Yeah, that's right to day. Yeah, are you talking about a tough day? Deebo just grabbing the throat or mushing the long snapper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And dude, listen, Deebo is like just he's like he's built like Michaelchandler. He's just a pit bull. Like you look at me, like all this you just built different airbelt chokes out the long snapper and the long snapper doesn't back down, gets in his face.
Speaker 1: I like it, like it was spicy. That's one where you don't know if they just go down in the tank. Obviously they come back and win the game, which is a positive thing. It's like, all right, just boys being boys, a little brotherhood over there. But I mean it's just so disrespectful.
Speaker 2: It was high. Yeah, that's crazy. I mean, yeah, that is nuts. People aren't going to talk about like that. That was a great game, and obviously that the forty nine Ers win. People are are not talking about enough. Baker Mayfield stiff arming Nick Bosa, stick on a U was it a te gets it, holds his ass off, and Nick Bosa built like g I Joe dude, built like a fucking action and then gets that thing out, no problem, just absolutely nuts.
Speaker 1: Yeah coming off the election. Now, if you took the problem both having sack, you did get that. But yeah, you step on Bosa coming off the election like that's a highlight. Yeah, And Baker's been balling. It kind of sucks that the Bucks are in the spot that they're in without Mike Evans and Chris Godwin because he's been playing his balls off. Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is one of my favorite stories is Baker Mayfield, dude being like having the career he's had, being the first overall pick all that stuff and then still doing it, still doing it and resurrecting his career. I feel like that's my key word of this this podcast is resurrection. You brought up taking a Lion's money line. I did the same thing in our group chat when I heard whispers about Georgia being down against Ole miss That's why I went to Jing. Just fucking heartbreaking.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 2: You look at your like, yeah, they are gonna come back and win it, and you go and like, I didn't watch that game, but I checked back in it obviously didn't go to mine.
Speaker 1: Was pure emotion. I was angry when I went in to be like, all right, they're gonna come back and fucking win this. Iowa State. Their defense let me down against Kansas, and I was watching that game too, and they were almost like coming back, like they were making it spicy there in the end. But that quarterback for Kansas was just playing his balls off, man. But the I would say defense was let me down. I check in on the Georgia, Oh Miss game and it's like that wasn't angry. They're gonna get back here. Money line, money line Live bet.
Speaker 2: Would your emotions affected my back game? Yeah, that's okay. Yeah, we'll be all right. We're gonna be all right.
Speaker 1: Through that Carson back man.
Speaker 2: Playing like I tell you what I know.
Speaker 1: We're talking about college. Before we jump into the college, you were talking about the best game, the best game of the week being the Bengals and Ravens. That was incredible, incredible, dud and JP we do have our fantasy league going on right now. Congrats to you having Jamar Chase. He put up like fifty five points in fantasy.
Speaker 2: Was going, yeah, man, that is that's pretty wild. It's just just the Ravens going down the field and scoring and then two plays later Joe Burrow just to Jamar Cha.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Just fucking crazy.
Speaker 1: I know, I know.
Speaker 7: Crazy.
Speaker 1: Another one, you feel bad for Joe Burrow like he's been playing at an MVP level and the Bengals just can't can't get those can't protect him.
Speaker 2: Dude, they're not hits this kid is taking. Is just crazy.
Speaker 1: People.
Speaker 2: I was I don't know who was saying it, but someone was talking about Joe Burrow might want to get traded because he's just not being protected.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, that I mean, the Bengals ain't getting rid of Joe. No shot, literly, you had to put a gun to the gym. You're talking about you talking about quarterbacks taking a hit. Did you see fucking Kyler Murray?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Oh, bro, pull that clip up for me.
Speaker 1: Let me take a peek at Quincy Williams. Right fifty six for the Jets, comes off the edge, comes off the edge. I'm talking. This is like old school throwback. Comes off the edge of the left side. Kyler Murray doesn't see him and his helmet goes like fucking twenty yards. Check this out. Watch this get the internet going here, here we go, check this out. Run no way.
Speaker 2: Two plays later, throws the TD beautiful, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, gets murdered. Arizona's been playing good man. Yeah, Cooper Comstock a graphic designer. He's big in the call duty as well, he says, he who is also an Arizona Cardinals fan. He's he's saying that Kyler Murray is three and o since Call Duty dropped.
Speaker 2: Dude, stats you're looking for when with the boys?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe man, maybe that was.
Speaker 1: The entire time playing good bro. Cardinals. Cardinals are sneaky, tough. It's one where they when they win it, I know. For me, I'll just I guess this is my brain. But they win a game and I'm thinking they're streaky. They're gonna fall off at some point. They're streaky, They're gonna fall up at some point. But they've been handling business weekend and weekends.
Speaker 2: Yes, dude, I'm excited to see the Cardinals and shadowed Arizona dude, the fair Weather fans are starting to get juiced up a little bit out there in Arizona.
Speaker 1: Might jump on the bank, yeah, I mean I got yeah, I might jump on the bandwagon. Yeah, yeah, you know they got I was gonna say their game this week, but they have a buye this week.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, right now, right now in the NFL, who would you say is leading the MVP race?
Speaker 1: I mean you gotta kind of say Lamar, right yeah, Josh Allen Lamar.
Speaker 2: Obviously we got Kansas City Buffalo coming up. Yeah, this weekend. That's gonna be a hell of a game somehow. I bet actually the Bills win that game, because Bills usually win the regular season and then they meet again in the playoffs. Yeah, and the Chiefs win the playoffs. Dude, you got Lamar.
Speaker 1: You got Lamar leading it plus one hundred twenty.
Speaker 2: Three touchdowns last year and he won the MVP. He's got twenty three right now. Yeah, that's that's fucking nuts, dude.
Speaker 1: It's crazy to me that Mahomes is number three. I do get it. The other undefeated just because the stat line is nowhere. These other cats, Bro, Derek, no, not up there. You got Mahomes plus then fifty, Jalen Hurts plus twelve hundred, Kyler Murray plus fifteen hundred, Joe Burrow twenty to one, Jane Daniels twenty to one. Golf. I'm sure he's he's gonna drop a little bit since he just threw five picks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ry's plus five thousand one.
Speaker 1: This last part of the year is gonna obviously decide all of it. Dude.
Speaker 2: The health, Yeah, they do what Brian Kelly say. Octobers for pretenders, Novembers for contenders.
Speaker 1: Brian Kelly can suck this dig.
Speaker 2: That's Garrett Hargas Alabama fan legit. I don't think there's a more of a unique like oil and water mix than Brian Kelly and l s U.
Speaker 1: Yeah, culturally we canange it. We can transition to college. Because the Bears dead done, done, done, and I hate it for Big Cat. Yeah, Caleb Williams sacked nine times. I want to say Adam Schefter sent him into the goo lag by ratioing him last week. I guess him and Justin Fields have very similar stats in their first amount of starts for the Bears. But the Bears are They're done, They're dead Cowboys? Are they tanking? They're in a ship? They have a ship? Show hey and helped me out? Like I haven't followed the Cowboys that closely all year. Why isn't Trey Lance the backup? QB? Like, why is it Cooper Rush over Trey Lance?
Speaker 4: Yesterday?
Speaker 1: I saw him going because Cooper just wasn't playing well. But when I saw him playing, I'm thinking to myself, why wasn't he the guy the backup to begin with?
Speaker 9: I don't know like the correct answer on it. My only guest would be Rush has been with the Cowboys for like four or five years now, whereas Lance just got there.
Speaker 1: So maybe he's been there.
Speaker 10: Rush played last year I think even like four and oh and the games.
Speaker 2: He started, that's a better stat Just because you're there longer, it doesn't mean you're gonna play.
Speaker 1: I mean, but if you're you.
Speaker 2: Start four to o, that's that's good. If you're Dak Prescott too, you signed that deal, you get the hamstring and he elects to get the hamstring surgery. Smart move, didn't get a smart move.
Speaker 1: Get out, get out, take wounds, enjoy the holidays, get the new coaching staff.
Speaker 2: After the season's over, let's rea, let's re let's figure out what's going on all around the.
Speaker 1: Saw ceede lamy dropped a touchdown pass. Dude, direct sunlight, and that's been a common theme. I will say I have had experience. Jason Witten caught one on your boy. Let's just I was just go and say he probably would have caught it anyway, but.
Speaker 2: I don't say that.
Speaker 1: With the excuses blah blah blah. Dude, that sunlight is fucking crazy. I had him. I was like, I think we were in cover four and I was a three player, so I was off. Jason went, but I remember just airing on this side of being like high because I just you can't see when you look back, and then when they throwed it, and when he threw it and caught it, I'm almost just seeing his silhouette because you can't see anything on the offensive side that sunlight. I swear to god, it is brutal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jason saw it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great catch by Jason. Yeah, fll the fact about Jason Witten, his one thousandth catch was on your boy for real. Yeah, Jason, Jason, we need that ball Washington. And I knew when he caught it and everything. I was like, Oh, that's a stousand catch, that's that's history.
Speaker 2: Was it the first catch of the day, He's doing one more or what?
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. Yeah, I let him have it, you know, I let him have it. Knew he's getting long in the tooth. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I had to make sure he got that ball. I had to make sure he caught it.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the I mean and uh surem you were saying that. Ceedee Lamb went to Jerry Jones and was like, hey, you gotta put some curtains or something on there, and Jerry Jones said no.
Speaker 1: J Jones said where you know, you know where the sun is? Where's the moon? He said, some ship like that.
Speaker 9: And then Ceedee Lamb drops a wide open touchdown pass in the end zone and Sun's directly in his eyes and he even turned to his teammates and it was like, I didn't see a thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I swear that that is really you can't see ship. We have had a lot of contents on the right spot. Yeah, we've had a lot of contender talk on this podcast. What about the Eagles, how do you feel about them?
Speaker 1: I think the Eagles have an extremely talented team, they're obviously they're going to go to the playoffs, but they're gonna lose in the playoffs because of situational ball, and I think they'll just get out coached. It's all gonna be yeah, yeh, Mitch out On. I think a lot of people are.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of people. That's the biggest question mark around them.
Speaker 1: Is their teams really good? Yea. And they're gonna be happy every week when they win, but the moment they lose, they're going to get out again.
Speaker 2: Gotta be the hardest place to play in the NFL for sure. Yeah, Philly is just psychotic with their with their football.
Speaker 1: Bring up that game time, Bring up that game time shirm. As we transition in uh, as we transition into college football Football season is here. We can't wait to get out some games's fault with the help of game Time, the official ticketing partner of Barstool Sports. You know how much we love game Time, and now with their brand new game Time Picks feature, they're making it even easier to get to a game. Game Time Pick filters out the fluff to show you only incredible seats on our incredible deals on great seats, so you don't have to waste time searching through thousands of tickets, Your boy, I was looking at uh a lot of the cats, a lot of the group chats going out to the USC Nebraska game. Uh saw it saw an amazing deal on game Time Picks. Let's sent the boys and links at the boys a deal for great seats. Just pull up your chosen event, turn on the GT picks setting at the top of the screen, or browse the local game Time Picks deals near you on your Game Time app home page.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna buy those Huskers at USC tickets now with game time Picks. Download the game Time app today. Use code busting to easily score great deals with the new game time Picks.
Speaker 2: What time is it da time?
Speaker 1: Hey brother, Well let's just start. Let's just start with us. Yeah, let's just start with us. We're all so like.
Speaker 2: Going down to that seventh line right there. Sherman who does a pre production meeting every single day. He put a little note says our Michigan and Nebraska bowling this year.
Speaker 1: I'd like to think we are. I think the PTSC that's coming on top of me right now, which it was last week is the fact that we got the five games. We were five and three last year, and then we lost out on games that were very winnable and you.
Speaker 2: Have a tough schedule at the end.
Speaker 1: It's not it's tough. It's it's definitely tough when all of this is happening. But they're still We're in the same situation where these are winnable games to where we could go bowling. I just have no fucking clue. I want the best. Everybody knows I want the best from Nebraska. Trust me, I'm taking this. I think we're eight and a half point hunderdogs against USC. That's to me, that's a steal. We're gonna get that. I just don't know if we get the money line part, you know what I mean. I don't know if we get the w part. Yeah. That motherfucker who put the graphic of us lose in the BIE week that was psychotic, That was crazy. Yeah, I know, yeah, but I don't know. We got USC, we got Wisconsin, we got Iowa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got Northwestern in Ohio state.
Speaker 1: I believe too. I just for the people, for the the the cloud that is over us, the cloud that is over us. You can obviously see how we dropped these motherfuckers. However, we've made some We've made some adjustments during the BIE week. We've done a lot of self scouting. We brought in that offensive genius Guru. They're calling him the offensive Yoda, coming from the University of Houston. He's coming in and kind of giving his object the opinion seeing it from afar. We've made some changes. You just need the boys show to show up this week, locked in, ready to fucking go. We gotta beat USC. We gotta beat the trick, gotta beat us. Gotta beat the trick, not Us.
Speaker 2: It's gotta be Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: It's got to be not Wisconsin for the border, battle for the border.
Speaker 2: Yeah, three shots.
Speaker 10: Is there a world where you we see a bus and Bowl postseason matchup.
Speaker 2: I don't think they'll put two big ten teams in a bowl game. It would be elite though, That would be Music City Bowl.
Speaker 1: You saying that, The twinkles starting to come to my eye, like oh yeah, and them tals like you have two big ten teams.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, he's right, Yeah, probably not probably, but we would love to see it. Y'all have influence.
Speaker 1: If we had to set Bowl and we got to pick our teams. Of course, if Coachtball playoff, get us on the committee. Let us just decide our bowl game.
Speaker 2: If both teams end up six and six, it's like, yeah, just give us what we want.
Speaker 1: We got to have it here and have the bus on the sideline.
Speaker 2: Look, listen, we we it's time. It's time for it coming to Jesus with Michigan. Like you can look at that last game of the year and you could probably probably expect us to lose that one. Yeah, it just was very proud of the way the boys fought against Indiana.
Speaker 1: Proud you guys. You guys did put up a fight.
Speaker 2: Was a fight?
Speaker 1: Was it? Seventeen three and a half?
Speaker 2: Yeah, seventeen three and a half came back in a big way. And dude, we had every opportunity in the world to win that game, I know, and it really just turned into we could not push the ball down the field vertically. It is. It's infuriating, literally so infuriating. That night I got in Bryce Underwoods DMS and I said, what do I gotta do to get you to Michigan? Sincerely, Taylor low One, I'll.
Speaker 4: Tell you what I need.
Speaker 2: That boy.
Speaker 4: Saying he's on it.
Speaker 1: He's working, like I know, that's a guy he's identified and now you learn that, uh that Stallions is his.
Speaker 2: One on one coach right now, who's one on one coach?
Speaker 1: Connor Stallions is like mentoring. He's yeah, joined his high school team and he is like his coach. He just scores that coach.
Speaker 2: Good motherfuckers. That's exactly what we need right now. I literally caught myself watching a high school player's highlight tape this weekend. Kick and ball kid can ball, kacking ball, strong, athletic dual threat, Stallion playing it down the field, accuracy, He's got it all. He's got it all. And I'm sure the kids from Michigan right he is from Detroit, like bro come home, Come home now. He's been committed to LSU since like January seventh. We can flip that dude.
Speaker 1: If I mean the way else she's been losing these games, it's definitely possibit.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, we get him, we can, we can do this now. My our biggest hope for a bowl game is Northwestern.
Speaker 1: Hey, Northwestern can get frisky every now and then, every now and then, click on him, click on them. I want to see their schedule.
Speaker 4: Don't care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't get Northwestern on international soils.
Speaker 2: Northwestern, It's after it.
Speaker 1: I mean, bro, they beat Maryland thirty seven to ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, beat Damn twenty three to three. Well, I will beat him forty to fourteen.
Speaker 1: Eastern Illinois. They put him in a body bag. They put him in a call in thirty one to seven.
Speaker 2: All right, bro, get out of there.
Speaker 1: Listen, this is gonna be Michieg is gonna be favored by three and a half in this game.
Speaker 2: And you know what all I need is to win by one.
Speaker 1: Just need a win, wine, just win by one. I'm bowling.
Speaker 2: I'm not one hundred percent, but I'm ninety five percent sure. I'm taking my oldest win. I'm taking win to that game. I was gonna take her to Oregon, but I was like, she started, she's starting to understand, she's starting to understand football. She sees when Michigan's on the TV. She says, go blue, And I was like, I can't let her.
Speaker 1: You need her first football experience. Yeah, need her get to get a win.
Speaker 2: When Dan Landing sent me cry laughy faces, I knew I was in a blender, right, then and there we knew we were in big, big trouble.
Speaker 1: Dude, I tell you what, I think Oregon and Indiana are gonna be playing in the Big Ten Title game.
Speaker 2: But we need Hey, here's here's a nasty thought.
Speaker 1: Let's say they beat Ohio State. They're gonna go to the Big Ten title game play Oregon. Somebody's obviously gonna lose. But I think you're gonna see Oregon, Indiana, and probably Penn State getting the playoff. I don't think they will with two losses. I know they beat Penn State Penn States, right, but if Penn State, if Penn State wins out, they're only gonna be one lost team, and that loss is gonna beat to Ohio State, which came down in the fourth quarter. But I think if if Ohio State loses to Indiana, Ohio State is gonna be a two lost team on the outside looking in, and I think Penn State gets in over Ohio State.
Speaker 9: I do have the ultimate spin zone for Taylor. If Northwestern beats Michigan, Michigan has the opportunity to both become ball eligible and ruin Ohio State season with that last game of the year.
Speaker 1: That would be.
Speaker 9: Beautiful.
Speaker 2: But let's just beat Northwest.
Speaker 1: Let's beat Northwestern. But you have we still have that right because if they beat Northwestern and Ohio State still beats Indiana, they could still do these They'll be in the same exact spot. Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: I hate saying this and I am I am fighting against myself a little bit. But did Indiana Indiana playing Michigan? Was that a trap game for Indiana because they're playing on hostate? We were talking, I'm like, oh my god, is that where we've gotten to?
Speaker 4: Is that just this year?
Speaker 1: Just this, just this year Justice, you guys are coming off of Natty. You still got the ring obviously, you guys are going all in on this, this quarterback that's committed to LSU. You guys are you guys are gonna be pumping money. I was finding myself on the on three site and kind of looking at uh Ni l like per player in recruiting class, Like you guys are top ten, So you guys are starting to spend money. Yeah, when you guys are spending like ninety thousand per I want to say Ohio States in like ninety three or ninety four.
Speaker 2: Just f Yeah, we gotta we gotta get them there.
Speaker 1: You guys will be back. You got.
Speaker 2: Tough's tough here.
Speaker 1: The SEC is what's gonna to be fun watch on fold Yeah, JP, I've tried doing a lot of mental gymnastics on seeing North South Carolina. I just don't think it happens.
Speaker 2: It's all right though, it's okay.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you who's been flying under the radar is Old Tennessee. It feels like with all these teams that get talked about in the SEC, but Tennessee is a one loss team. They got Georgia. You guys can just cant Georgia all the way.
Speaker 10: Or it's gonna become the most just up in the air. There's not gonna be five SC teams in the playoffs. We know that it'll be Texas out.
Speaker 4: But well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Texas is kind of has a tougher schedule of all the teams that are you know, a lost to lost time.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 10: I think Texas does kind of have like a pretty easy walk, Like their schedule is really not that hard.
Speaker 4: They played like two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because at the time we thought Michigan was gonna be a big one.
Speaker 2: There their biggest They have a and m last game of the year.
Speaker 1: Who do they have? They have Arkansas, Kentucky and A and M.
Speaker 4: I mean they handle Florida.
Speaker 1: Ugusos and Kentucky are known to get a little get a little crazy.
Speaker 2: There knows to be a wild card.
Speaker 9: Arkansas Arkansas is a huge rivalry game that hasn't been played eight years.
Speaker 1: Except for and A and M. That's gonna.
Speaker 2: Games just blow up.
Speaker 10: So Texas obviously handled Florida, which isn't saying much, but I just saw the stat the entire state of Florida between college and NFL this week went oh and eleven. And I know it's Tuesday, but Monday night Miami Dolphins have a very diemption shot to not go completely like winless sont.
Speaker 1: I know it's not like a massive wind like Dummy and Florida like that, but Florida was playing Okay, yeah, they lost that quarterback like that was when I stayed away from gambling wise, just because you just don't know what Texas, but they handled their ass.
Speaker 8: Bro So I have question if Georgia beats Tennessee this week.
Speaker 1: Bring up the standings for the SEC shrewall.
Speaker 8: He asked this, who's going to the SEC Championship say we go Alabama goes and we lose. Do we miss on the playoff by having a third loss but going to the SEC Championship, like you almost don't want to go, which sounds if Tennessee wins.
Speaker 1: I think if Tennessee wins and you got well, you would need Texas to lose too.
Speaker 4: What do you mean Texas is going?
Speaker 1: But if Texas loses the A and M right, would they still get in?
Speaker 4: Multiple things could happen because A and M.
Speaker 1: Right now seven and two say they went out, right, there'll be a two loss team. Alabama wins out, that's a two lost team. Texas is a two lost team obviously, the yeah.
Speaker 4: We almost want to go to the SEC championship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because if you say, you guys went to the SEC Championship, but you guys versus Tennessee and you crazy lost to Tennessee be out of it? Yeah, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Because we're in this hypothetical. We're saying Tennessee beach Georgia, Georgia will be out of it. I think Ole Miss they have an easy schedule their last few Yeah, I think when I was looking they have an easier schedule. Ole Miss has yeah, Florida, Mississippi State, so they take care of those like they'll be up there. Go back to the standings, you'll have Tennessee. It comes down at A and M and Texas. Let's just say Texas wins since they're one lost team. But you'll have Tennessee and Texas in the championship. Both of them will go to the playoffs. Ole Miss will be a two loss team on the outside looking and so Obama. Both of you guys will go to the playoffs. And MISSOO does not have a tough end of the year. Missoo's a two lost team right now and they have uh yeah, which yeah, Okay, you guys South Carolina, you got Missippi State and then you got Arkansas. But say they were to beat you guys, you'd have another two loss team with Bama. You would have a lot of chaos going to that collegewell playoffs.
Speaker 2: It's hard to think about l s U. Are they handling business? Yeah, they're three and two, they're three and two in division.
Speaker 1: No, they're six, they're six and three. They just lost. Yeah they yeah, because they lost, you guys, must they're out. Yeah, yeah, that was an elimination game. They're out, but you'd have missoo, oh miss Alabama. Well, if A and M loses the Texas, they'll be a three loss they'll be out. But those three Alabama, oh, miss Miszoo two loss teams, Tennessee and Texas, they'll be in. You'll be scrapping for I mean, is there a world where five teams go from the SEC. It's possible. Missouri is LSU has three losses. I have Alabama.
Speaker 2: They lost the USC, right, yeah, they lost the USC, but they have three losses.
Speaker 1: But that doesn't we're talking about college foot will playoff yeah oh no, no, no, no, I mean it could, but they need a lot They're like one of those teams that need a lot of things to happen for them to like sneak in that scenario.
Speaker 2: You're gonna pull up the bracket this week in locker room's gotta be Tennessee, Georgia. Yo.
Speaker 1: I flipped on the Boise State game for literally three minutes, and right when I turned it on, like Ashton Genty popped one all the way to like the goal line.
Speaker 2: Kid's incredible, awesome, And they were sitting right, they were sitting at twelve. I don't know where they're at now, but I would love to see they gotta be in, right, what's the rest of their schedule? Do they play anybody?
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know, but you want that dude in the play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I want him to get the single season record too, and I want him to get it bad.
Speaker 1: You're talking about Veterans Day, like shout out the Dog Nate as well his military.
Speaker 2: Dog lapause for Nate Dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's parlay hit which I did get in on. I did get in on. So shout out the boy, Shout out the Boy, Nate.
Speaker 2: Call of Fame, dude, and a great presentation to a great presentation, the theatrics, the outfit, everything was just incredible, absolutely incredible. So okay, let's see what's you say? Still stays at twelve?
Speaker 6: Huh?
Speaker 2: Or is this last week?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It's not update because Miami is still in there. What happens to Miami? Now? Are they still gonna make it?
Speaker 1: They can still go to the a SEC Championship and win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but are they going to.
Speaker 1: Yeah and b y using the a.
Speaker 2: SEC right, Big twelve?
Speaker 1: Oh, Big twelve? Sorry, I get some of them away on the other side, I mean, Colorado is getting a little frisky. Colorado's getting frisky. Bro, Yeah, how do we feel about that?
Speaker 2: Boys? Tortillas, eggs.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's that's that's o. D that's a little that's that's too much. I think I will say this though. I love the entertainment factor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kind of like it.
Speaker 1: I like the entertainment factor of not condoning people throwing a lot of trash on the field.
Speaker 2: However, but there's something about the w W W W E aspect college football where you're like, I kind of like it. Yeah, I kind of miss leave it out of the NFL head coach proper business stuff.
Speaker 1: And hey, coach had to get on the mic during the Colorado game and tell the fans to stop throwing trash on I like it. I like it.
Speaker 2: That fires me up, dude. And uh it was it? Shiloh Is that his name?
Speaker 1: Should?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, Shiloh Sanders. He was like egging him on too. He threw more stuff, and he threw his stuff back. He's like, give it to me. That's the kind of tortilla. Put it in his pants a little snack for later.
Speaker 9: To the base. The fans keep the tortillas. The Texas Tech fans keep the tortillas hidden in their bridges to get them into the stadium.
Speaker 2: So so that's how you transfer things. That's how you stuff out there.
Speaker 9: Players don't be doing that.
Speaker 2: I would cast and get you that itch. You don't want that itch.
Speaker 9: The raider rash is what they call it.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's the raider rash.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. It's like if you're the if you're the home team seeing the trash getting thrown on the field, you're kind of guys, they cut the ship off. But if you're the away team getting the trash, you kind of like want that ship. You want to get everything even more. I kind of got mess, bring the noise, bring the Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wish there was a way for it to be like, I don't know a classier way to do it, but I do like the people things getting throw out. The players have a section where they can like during timeouts, yeah yeah, yeah, like a bucket, just throw stuff at.
Speaker 4: A hot dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What was the NFL game where a bildo like Buffalo Bill's game, but Dill just like landed on like the four yard line. That's kind of stuff I want to see the Bildo, the big deal. Yeah, I also Notre Dames.
Speaker 4: Just in here.
Speaker 9: Now this is an updated projected SMU bro.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah s m U talk about money. They got money, Dallas got.
Speaker 2: MU boys, two teams. I want to see make it. Yeah, I want that, Like.
Speaker 1: I'd be pumped if Indiana's going Yeah.
Speaker 2: Same. We need Indiana to win that game. We need what happened.
Speaker 1: Oh, I guess we will be once college once that season comes around. The old se C versus Big ten. You ain't even going to be in a JP shutout.
Speaker 2: It's crazy how he flip on a dime JP, He'll.
Speaker 4: Flip on a I know hopefully I'll make a man.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I know that would hurt extra to because I know I'm in the same position.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just as I said it out like I have zero any nothing to stand one.
Speaker 6: O.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I I'm pumped at you guys are I'm pumped at you guys beat Vanderbilt. I'm pumped at you guys. Have momentum. Love Coach Beamer. Yeah, who and what we say that d Lion. They weren't gonna they were not gonna be able to slow down that D line. Getting after him.
Speaker 2: Come on, I believe it was Dan Lady Walker who said that Vanderbilt was gonna win that game.
Speaker 4: In Miami.
Speaker 1: Dude, everybody knows he sucks.
Speaker 2: Was the Miami Georgia Tech game, the game that that running back at his helmet partially off and they got smoked. Smoked dude adjusting it and then gets hit and.
Speaker 6: Then all the Miami players they're all like dapping it up with the dude after he gets ejected, and he's like like hype as well, and they that Kyle Canard on South Carolina is actually the guy that recovered the fumble last year for Georgia Tech when Miami just handed them the game at the end of the At the end of it.
Speaker 2: Cale Canard, Yeah, college football is really shaping up to be this is the best year to Yeah, because last year there was a lot of people are an uproar about it because that four that's five, six, seven teams. People are like, all these teams could be in the play off. Now it's like it's just exciting. Here's a thought, do we get do we start getting into a situation where your championship, like the SEC championship, the Bay Ten championship with both teams know they're gonna be in do they do they sit? Guys? Do we start getting into that world at all where championships like SEC championships don't matter as much anymore by ten championships.
Speaker 1: I don't think, because if you win, you're gonna get a you're most likely you're gonna get a you're gonna get a bye.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and where you're like the situation we're in where innswer me this too, Like if the times you get a buye are they hosting a collegewall playf gum or is that only the first round?
Speaker 1: Only? Okay, first round? But yeah, there's gonna be there's obviously always something to play for with the championship game to where you're gonna get a bye, more than likely gonna get bye. There are five teams that come out of it. They gotta get seated. But you do host a home game.
Speaker 2: But if you have a guy that's like a little bit injured, he's nursing injury, maybe he's gonna inchor or something like that, I think you're more inclined to tell the player, Hey, going this one out, we're gonna make the playoffs anyway, let's get you healthy and ready for a couple of weeks from Yeah, because when do the when when's the first round of the playoff starts? That's earlier, right, Yeah, home playoff games in college is not wild the best.
Speaker 1: That is the fucking best, and you would be you would be situated of being like a six seed hosting a home game. So I could see where, Yeah, there could be like a unique situation and where somebody has something that's like, hey, let's just not risk it because if we win, we obviously get a buy, but if we happen to lose, we'll still be hosting a home playoff game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, let's say Organ wins out goes to the Big Than Championship, they're one. Is there any thought process to orgon where it's like, well, it doesn't really matter, we're gonna be if we lose, will be worst case scenario four. We're gonna get a buy no matter.
Speaker 1: What worst case scenario. They would be six our best case scenario if they lose.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, does that thought process going to Dan Lanning's head at all?
Speaker 1: If you're playing in India, you're trying to win, so you got to prove Yeah, you are, you not entertained? You you want to buy game, because again one through four is only four teams that win their championship game, and five goes to the five goes to the highest ranked conference winner. So if you lose like the best you can do, like your Oregon and you're undefeated, and say you drop that Big Ten championship, the best your best case scenario six. Your worst case scenario is probably seven.
Speaker 2: So there's there's no room for that at all.
Speaker 9: To say yeah, ranked non conference winner, which I think is.
Speaker 1: What you meant to say high. Okay, highest ranked non conference.
Speaker 9: Yes, so in that case, it would be like Ohio State. But if Indiana beats so high or I always say it.
Speaker 1: But it could be the same scenario with the Oregon being underfeed and they dropped one of the Big Ten, like they could be number five, right because they could be the highest ranked non conference winner.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it's gonna get juicy, boys, it's gonna.
Speaker 1: Get because if somebody's a little bit injured and they can go or not go, you win. So that way you have that extra bye week, You have that extra week baked in on top of they'll are to get like a.
Speaker 4: Week off right, I'm with it.
Speaker 1: What ahead an ad yal sit.
Speaker 2: An ad, let's sit an ad read for the boys with these boys now eight of them this week boys, eight of them. If you're wondering, we've.
Speaker 1: Been talking a lot of a lot of bets, a lot of gambling.
Speaker 2: A lot of gambling with Draft Kings. The NFL season is rolling along and the contenders are separating from the pack. The one thing, the one thing that hasn't changed this season, DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sport, an official sportsbook partner of the NFL, is the number one place to bet on touchdowns. Fade to the corner of the end zone, running back breaks to the line and gallop sixty yards to a score. We don't care how they get them. We want to bet on touchdowns at DraftKings, and DraftKings is the best place to do it. Ready to play to your first bet? Try betting on something simple like a player scoring a touchdown. Go to DraftKings Sportsbook app and make your pick. Here's a reason for new customers to do a touchdown dance of their own. Bet five dollars and get two two bonus bets. Instantly score big with the DraftKings sportsbook gap the number one place to bet touchdowns. Download the DraftKings sportsbook app and use code bust. That's b us for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only at DraftKings. The crown is yours.
Speaker 1: Speaking of touchdown bets, bro just for the love of fucking God, just bet the boys. Partly.
Speaker 2: I know there's a massive curse on it. Real quick.
Speaker 1: You know, somebody had a good comment last week, I think in the comment section, which is a great idea, and we're so fucking stupid. We just we never think of dumb bullshit like this. But it's like they're like, hey, when somebody uses their bet, like say Delaney, how he picks Derek Henry every week. It's kind of like a survivor pick, Like once you pick him, you can't pick him again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's making it harder. Also, let's just get a win.
Speaker 1: But it's like, you can use Derek Henry. I can use Derek Henry. Delaney can. So that's three times in the year we can use Derek Henry. So it's like making Delaney think a little bit more. Vers is just always having Derek Henry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when I saw James Cook score, I was like, we really because that was from the hip. I was just looking up defenses and yeah, I was just like so happy that because I thought Christian mccafree Harty scored and I went look to the stats. I go, god, no, and there was still a chance they still had a shot to get it done.
Speaker 1: But and you know where else were idiots.
Speaker 2: A lot of phases in life.
Speaker 1: But go ahead that we picked another touchdown win on a Thursday, a football game.
Speaker 2: But yeah, listen, we we can be better. There's a lot of areas we can be better in the game. Here's what we need. We just got to get a win. And I feel like if there's gonna be a week, it's going to be this week. Boys, why not this week?
Speaker 1: Why not this week? What if we just fucking every reason for the show this week to not be successful, And it's like, why not this week? Why not us? Why not?
Speaker 2: There's literally one host and a band of the boys in the back. We're gonna we're gonna put this thing together and we're gonna hope they got like, literally the only pick that matters to me this week to bet the boys partlay. I know we just need it more than ever because we hit it a bunch last year. Last year, we hit those things consistently this week, Boys, this week.
Speaker 1: And since I'm not in it, I'll just throw you a few options to think about. Options that think about it. You know what I mean, Because when I saw Devin Montgomery getting the end on the last time, I'm thinking, God, go ahead, Just damn it. Why did I pick handle with the options?
Speaker 2: Go ahead with the options?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, wait the options in the locker room this week?
Speaker 2: You're about to give us some game right now on a Monday morning while people are watching this on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Question Josh Jacobs. I love Josh Jacobs.
Speaker 3: I remember last year, you guys would do like Josh Allen over one and a half touchdown passes.
Speaker 1: It's just betting on touchdowns anytime touchdowns like quarterbacks. We trust me, we'd have been on that. Yeah, we'd have been on that.
Speaker 2: Josh Allen scoring a touchdown this week is not a bad thought.
Speaker 1: Though you did last week.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I know I thought that too. I was like, God, damn it.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, I do like two yeah, yeah, yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: Boys, that sounds terrible, That sounds a terrible idea. Yeah, just bet one guy multiple touchdowns.
Speaker 1: Let's go no, because Jamar got a couple less Thursday, right, Yeah, telling you question is.
Speaker 2: Do we keep do we keep Derrick Henry in this week? Do we keep Derrick Henry in? Because part of me feels nervous? Find that's fair, that's fair, that's fair. Justin Jefferson, what's his name was?
Speaker 1: Sam?
Speaker 2: Sam? Donald had like three.
Speaker 1: Picks bijon Yeah, and shout out the Saints too, Like I was in on the Falcons and I think we might have did a rapid fire on the locker room and I just said the Falcons. I was on Falcons for Pro Football Football Show. But Big Cat flipped me. He was like, hey, interim head coach, this is uh the special teams coordinator Rizzy shout out Rizzy being then interim head coach. But Foster Morowe comes out, there's a leader amongst men. It's the same place book as like a BA. Like they're gonna have the energy, they're gonna have the juice. They just fired Dennis Allen. Their hype about Rizzy coming in.
Speaker 4: And so what a call?
Speaker 1: What what shots? The big cann't flipping me there, Rizzy got injured.
Speaker 10: I don't know if if he's all. You did a presser and he said someone came up behind him and like kind of like gave him a stinger. But he says, whole left arm went dumb.
Speaker 1: Bro, he like dropped those grabbing onto the grabbing on the lineman and I'm assuming saying like, hey, hold me up, stay right here with this.
Speaker 2: I saw the clip that I couldn't tell what was going on.
Speaker 4: I thought, A c.
Speaker 2: He's got himself a stinger. Huh, like a condition.
Speaker 4: I have.
Speaker 2: Any of you boys had gap not built for the a gap? Any boys in the back ever had a stinger? There is you're getting? That was kind of easy.
Speaker 1: What Sean Merriman was explaining last week when he went against Lorenzo O'Neill is the exact Those are all the exact moments on concussion stinger related stuff that I would get, like when I ran into that cat from the New Night Night motherfucker. Yeah, that stuff. It would always be those kind of moments to where everything kind of rushes to your face. It feels like a metal bat just hitting like a rail and everything in your body just goes yeah, limp for a moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's one of the worst feelings as a stinger, especially a bad one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like when I went out, I was out for the uh ran down on kickoff, ran into the wrong person, and they basically said when I came in the next week, they called it like a spinal cord concussion, which.
Speaker 2: Is terrifying, sounds terrible, terrifying, so hard. Yeah, yeah, which a I've never felt a comment more than that. When I saw that, that's that's like a real bro, that's kind of the truth. Yeah, is you just wanna but it's got to be some play that like is incredible and you just lost your life on that play. But what a highlight, what a way to go on show it to that point and then once you go down cut the clip right then and there you.
Speaker 1: Go out the way you want to go out, playing the game you love, delivering it hit so hard that you kill yourself.
Speaker 2: I saw, Yeah, No, that's a stinger right there. For sure.
Speaker 1: That's me saying like, hey, this will all go away in a moment, like I'll be good.
Speaker 2: I saw no no context. It's posted a clip of uh US against Miami and I got hit and I kind of just like cut that little clip real quick. But we were playing that same game. It might have been a different time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you got lifted.
Speaker 2: I saw it. I was like, oh, balls on the ground and all of a sudden got baked. I was like literally saw that and it all came back to me. I was like, oh my god, I cannot believe I just got smoked like that, but I see it. Oh yeah, yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 1: That was the one. That was when Matt Castle was the course back in the archive.
Speaker 2: We had a uh we had a game against Miami and were just talking about stingers where I like we were like in the red zone and I jumped in Andre Branch and I went the way I hit him, like both my arms kind of went limp, and then you can actually see the clip. I'm kind of just like playing basketball for a second, like thank god the ball guy, yes, my arms, like we're not working for a moment. It's brutal, dude. I literally went, I went and hit him and I was like I'm moving around him like that. It was weird. Stingers suck man. I remember dude Kid and Patrick oh Mammy getting those all the time in college or he be, and I never had a stare before. If I sometimes just lose my arm, like my arm just stops working. I'm thinking that fucking sucks.
Speaker 1: Bro. It's a weird feeling.
Speaker 2: And the first thing I ever got Buffalo Bill's brutal. I was like, this is what he's been talking about the whole time. Yeah, dude, how about that hit? Who is that motherfucker too?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, if it's over?
Speaker 1: What is that You're like looking right at him.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm looking at the ball that that's that's a keep you keep your heading a swivel type of mentality. What am I doing?
Speaker 1: I mean you even went to the ground, threw your legs up.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: It's kind of one of those meal just tumble over a tired to Miami. Dude, that he that humidity is no joke in Miami. Yeah, no, no joke. I was probably a little sleepy, little tired.
Speaker 1: There. Should we dive into Hardy.
Speaker 2: Let's jump into Hardy boys. I hope you guys enjoyed the intro again, Please, for the love of God, subscribe as Will Compton.
Speaker 1: Yeah, while you're while you're uh, while you're watching this Hardy episode. If there's a little moment where you want to you want to raise a glass for some Fireball Whiskey. Fireballs the perfect shot for game day and watching pods, whether you're buying those sneaky little shooters before going into the stadium, or going big with the fireball cake for your tailgate, or those shooters shoots on your couch while you're watching the pod. Whether it's a pregame shot in the tailgate lot or a celebratory touchdown shot at the bar, No matter what, it's guaranteed doing that your game day or podcast experience. Fireballs iconic cinnimon flavor, tastes fire and goes down easy, making it the ultimate crop. Please. That's why it's the number one shot in the US.
Speaker 4: UH.
Speaker 1: Fireball Whiskey is here to give you the spark that you need to ignite that rivalry all season long. Grab your fireball buddy by around and reignite that rivalry flame.
Speaker 2: Enjoy the Hardy Podcast ten am Central Time.
Speaker 1: Big Hugs Stream tomorrow, Yes, Stream Mars Strow, Locker Room Thursday, Locker Room Thursday, Big Hugs, Sunny Kisses, Big Farts, Tiny Poots.
Speaker 2: His Plans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, and I tried to get it and he never responding to me about it.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm gonna let you know. If this outfit you're wearing was white, you'd be in a lot of trouble. Beacon like that.
Speaker 4: As soon as the beat.
Speaker 2: Just the beacon general. That's a tough. That's tough. A lot of wats on this bus too, was only quats, dude, Yeah it is. We gotta we. We used to have a Messican he quit to become a cop.
Speaker 4: You just said, McAfee, we're recording.
Speaker 6: Good.
Speaker 2: I hope you got all that going got that might put.
Speaker 4: Next to you When McAfee said, he just said something about being aquat on on like game daby.
Speaker 1: I think it was him the old he always talks about the old wats.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he but he said something what he just he was talking about somebody and he was like and he said he's a hot boy. He's a hot boy. I can't remember, dude.
Speaker 2: Pat is one of those guys that continuously like pushes the envelope.
Speaker 4: He's like the type guy he's like you could just kind of get away with.
Speaker 2: He's got the energy, dude, He's got the energy, and it feels like it's kind of going that way back to have a little more fun with your words.
Speaker 4: I think that it will. Don't even like that. Don't even get me started on this generations right now, it's gonna swing way back to the to the politically incorrect side. I feel like it's in a way that it has a sense of humor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope so, I think. So there's a line, hopes right, there's a line, and the line is if that was all white, right, that's the line you.
Speaker 1: Can't given everybody's probably wondering mid November, like while rock.
Speaker 2: In this episode comes out in October twelfth. November twelve, November.
Speaker 4: Oh beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but it's a this is the week of Halloween. The boys were past.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, you know, shout out to Jesus pieces dude. Yeah, so what's up, dude? What have you been up to?
Speaker 4: Dude? I'm done touring forever. No, just for this year we played.
Speaker 1: I had.
Speaker 4: I had two nights at Red Rocks, which was like amazing. Uh that was a week ago. Yeah, that was last weekend. And I just went home to my dear camp, Mississippi and got a bunch stuff ready for deer hunting. And yeah, kind of in we're having a baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, applause, Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 4: Due date?
Speaker 1: When's the due date?
Speaker 4: The due date is February twenty fourth.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah twenty four.
Speaker 1: Excited.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very first one.
Speaker 1: So do you know boy or girl? I do?
Speaker 4: What are this comes out? November twelveth Yeah.
Speaker 1: I know you got to you got it?
Speaker 4: We can we can edit this out if in case we haven't annound it yet. But we've announced their pregnancy. But it's a girl. I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: Bro. Were you were you like one of the guys that was like as long as a healthy baby, or did you have like a want like I want a boy, I want a girl, I know in.
Speaker 4: The back of your mind. And yeah, of course, like what what what? Man doesn't want to sign? You know, no doubt.
Speaker 2: But you've been around a lot of cats that have sons, right man.
Speaker 4: Honestly, a lot of my buddies have girls, like a lot of my I mean, I will say, I don't know, it's it's sixty forty girl dad to to boy dad.
Speaker 2: But any boy, any like I'll say this, every boy I've been around under the age of five fit for a straight jacket dude, Like they're just crazy for animals, Yeah, animals. And I was very much like I wanted a boy so bad. Now I have two girls, seven and four. They're amazing, They're they're fantastic.
Speaker 4: I've heard it. There's so much easier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I heard zero to like eleven with girls is way easier. And it flips the script on you when Ithill comes to town. Yeah, and it's the exact opposite for boys, like zero to twelve is like we might we might have to put this boy to home. Yeah, it's that bad. Yeah, and then he hits puberty and then all of a sudden things get better or worse. Who knows what happened.
Speaker 1: Men don't know it. But we need daughters. Bro, Dude, you think you want a boy and then you have a girl.
Speaker 4: And it's it's It's what Mike Callie tells me too. She's like, think about it. Of course I wasn't like boo I when I we found out a girl, was ecstatic, but like she was like, think about it. Like you can teach everything that you wanted to teach your son to your daughter and she will be fucking bad ass because of that. If it's a son, it's just like Okay, cool, he knows how to fish and hunt and like whatever. But like, you know the fact that your your baby girl hopefully will have an interest in that ship like makes it even cooler, you, no doubt.
Speaker 2: And also, if you decide to have another kid is a boy, when he gets to high school, she's gonna bring all her hot friends over and that's a big dub for him, dude, no doubt, that's a huge dub.
Speaker 4: Yeah for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah, yeah, you want.
Speaker 4: I had an older sister, man, I feel that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she had that one friend that you can think about right now, and you're like, yeah, I was so happy when she came over. Don't say her name, don't need Yeah, but you know, yeah, dude, your wife is a fucking rock star. She was with I said beer Olympics, not like I guess last year, right, two years ago? Well yeah, but it toatically the New Year's yeah, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, just putting them down. Guys are eaten until that flip cup came. No, that's what we dont we dominated flip cup, right, that's when it all started to hit.
Speaker 4: Well, that's when we started puking. Yeah, yeah, dude, she let me tell you something. She went to old Mes first of all, I when I met her, I was like, I was afraid of her when I met her, dude, like seriously the first time. So I'm a little bit older than her, So I was like out of college when we met, and uh, I came back and went to like a formal with her as like an older guy, you know. Yeah, and man, they're just animal dude like all of her friends, but her especially just like dog mentality. It was fucking insane, bro. And I was like, what if I gotten myself into and uh that, you know, as she like graduated and had become more domestic, I guess or whatever. She you know, that party side, as it happens to a lot of us, that that slowly fades away, and and uh, man, like I've seen it come out in her like twice, but the most was the since since she's you know, been out of college, and the Beer Olympics was by far the most like potent version of that. And I was just like, it's insane.
Speaker 2: It's kind of nice to see that, Like, oh that's I remember that.
Speaker 4: Yeah totally, And I mean we've only been together. I mean, gosh, it's been I think seven years now, but like you know it, it just it goes away and a few years go by and you kind of forget, you know, like the what you you know, just how you used to get down and stuff. And it was awesome. It was It was fun for me as just kind of a bystander to just be like, fuck, yeah, everybody's looking at you like who the fuck is this girl?
Speaker 2: When I hit you up and I was like you want to do it? And you're like, yeah, can my wife be my partner? I thought that's such a mistake. Yeah, I ended up being like the highlight of the entire day. Yeah, dude was murdering people over and over and over again.
Speaker 4: Look at that. And dude, I will say this, I was thinking about on the on the drive here. I don't know how like puking to me is not. There comes a point where, like if you have a stomach bug or like you're on an airplane and you feel like you could puke, Like I understand like the mental like holding it in, but that the amount of beer that was in my gut, dude, it's like cutting yourself and saying trying to convince yourself not to bleed like that's what it felt like to me. I was like, there's no fucking way I'm not gonna throw up right now. I don't know how this like, I don't know how you guys did it, man, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a lot, dude. It is a lot. And there's there's been some some conversations about next year less alcohol consumption and I'm I'm against, well just do I.
Speaker 4: Mean, there's some freaking liquor in there, dude. It's like, I don't know, dude, you cause it's the amount. It's the amount of fucking liquid. That's what. That's what. Goddess dude, I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: It is such a it's such a it's a marathon, dude, it's a true marathon.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: You and Mark from a Middland Yeah, we the boys went toast. Really your wife and him went toast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude again, I was just like, you know, yeah, watching the whole thing go down.
Speaker 2: Have you guys made up?
Speaker 4: They? Well, yeah, but Cali like we got like that.
Speaker 2: I remember like Mark coming up to me and be like that's fucking bullshit, Like you can't throw up and still compete. I'm like drunk, Yeah, like trying to figure out all of the rules.
Speaker 4: In the middle of it, like all the footages on there, she went after his ass. Dude. She was calling him like a pussy and like a bitch and ship like that.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 4: It was pretty awesome. And then since then like yeah, like we've seen each other at award shows and stuff and like they give a big hug. But at the time it was it was still you know her like that competitive.
Speaker 1: Edge lines, that's good line.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, we had won this year.
Speaker 1: We had that.
Speaker 2: We were in the finals and it got chippy. There's a lot of there was.
Speaker 4: The other two.
Speaker 2: It was David B and his boy Joey comedian his last name. We looked that up, Joey, that's correct, and we were I think that's the most drunk.
Speaker 4: We were more drunk this year that we were really Yeah close, were there? What was there?
Speaker 1: Uh? Not even closed?
Speaker 4: Where's the game? Were there more beer this year? Like what's the deal?
Speaker 1: We figured it up because flip cup he Taylor wanted the pictures to cover all the flip cups, so you're kind of chugging and flipping at the same time. So we figured up within a couple of hours, we put we put down like sixteen beers.
Speaker 2: Sixteen and a half beers, I believe was the number.
Speaker 4: That was another reason why. So CALLI and I we kept we were winning flip Cup, but we kept fucking tying people, so we kept having to run it back and drink. So we drank like and and she and I specifically we would like tie every game and then win, So we drank like probably seven or eight more beers than everybody else dated. It was horrible. The video of her pug in between her fingers is like one of my favorite things of all time. And Michael Chandler just like I was like nobody saw that, and like the first thing is like Chandler like turning around and just be like like off.
Speaker 2: He's a war daddy, man. He's He's a type of cat that can drink and the next day be totally fine, doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: How much you do.
Speaker 4: I don't know how people do that, man.
Speaker 2: It's it's impressive.
Speaker 4: It's for me.
Speaker 1: In the song of the Next Day Ray to cut us off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this year he texted us or set us a video in the sun and being like I think a break from you guys for a little bit.
Speaker 4: He was back in like three days you feel like hangovers. A lot of that is like mental No, no, okay, of course he's a fighter and his metabolism it's like insane. But like I know people that are not fighters and that are like normal dudes or girls that can do the same thing. I know guys that are like sixty that can wake up and like just start drinking. Are they just tougher than I? Like, way tougher than I.
Speaker 2: They're just alcoholics.
Speaker 1: They're just about what the hair of the dog just getting Hey, let's start drinking again in the hangover a goal away.
Speaker 4: But think about like parents weekend at colleges and how those parents like they get fucked up and the next day they're just like up and they're just chippering. There is that like a generational things.
Speaker 2: Maybe we're just off that's a baby or when you have kids, you just got to be on your p's and ques the next day, like for so long you're just so used to that. That was See, this is where I'm like, the hangovers are not it's not a mental thing because whenever I drink, I would just become the worst out. Then I stay. I don't want to do anything.
Speaker 1: I want to land the couch and just be a bag of dick bad food for twenty four hours, eat greasy food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give me some Mexican and my love.
Speaker 1: How he's like, is do you guys think hangovers are like placebo?
Speaker 2: You kind of just think they're Yeah, like you think you should say your due. But you remember being like in like eighteen nineteen twenty, like your first couple of years in college.
Speaker 4: Oh dude, and just being like throws, all passed out on the floor and wake up and like yeah till probably maybe like two hours of feeling shitty and then like you drink one bottle of water and you're good.
Speaker 1: Not for me anymore, No way, not me either, dude.
Speaker 2: The Beer Olympics wo be like literally probably a week to get back to feeling normal. Yeah, thirty seven days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean y'all had you were there for that's the BRBL too.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, you guys start going at eleven am and you're not We weren't finished that. It was dark ark when we're in our final beer pong game. Yeah, and trying to play beer pong when you're just fucked. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was one of those days. Man, It was we I was so drunk, but even in my drunken stupor, at the end, I was like, please, I just want to go home. I'm home.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: You you at that point, you're like you can't, you cannot dip. You have to be like the last guy, one of the right. You got to kind of be the host, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then I tried to talk everybody into a sleepover after and it didn't work out. My boys from high school they stayed, but I had like Dennis Kelly his his boys will Will fell asleep on the couch and I was like.
Speaker 1: Come on, just let's sleep over. Let's play risk, and I'm just like.
Speaker 2: Trying to load risk on my xbox. I walked out and I came back in the room. They all left. I was like just being left a level the look like you guys are ready.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well we woke up and he like got an uper right away. I wasn't talking to anybody.
Speaker 4: It was like I'm leaving.
Speaker 1: I ordered some Chinese food. It sat on my front porch the entire night because I got home and just passed.
Speaker 4: Out of the couch there.
Speaker 2: It was. It's a fun time, man, It's a it's a really fun.
Speaker 4: That's it's a great event. I'm really sorry that we missed it this year. I had it was kind of in the peak of my like touring schedule.
Speaker 1: But you've been all over the place. But I feel like you guys have just been on the road. Yeah, road animals this summer.
Speaker 4: This summer was wild. Yeah. I made a decision last year around this time, maybe like earlier October that uh, because like a normal if you're gonna gig, like how most normal country artists who are having like doing okay, like doing well with like selling tickets and stuff, they're playing like sixty shows a year, and we were kind of hovering more around like eighty or ninety. And I just I hit a wall last year and I just kind of had a revelation of like didn't didn't want to be gone that much. Like there's there are people I have buddies, even, I mean I have guys that work for me, and I have artists buddies that that like they love being on the road, like on the road five times. Yeah, we loves it. I I don't. I love playing shows. I love my fans, I mean all that, Like I love it, but the it's being on the road, like being gone the travel. I don't know, there's I think some people it's just a it's a not even a lifestyle, but it's like there's something about like I really don't know how to pinpoint it, but I always like.
Speaker 1: The revelation you were having when you started to hit the wall.
Speaker 4: Man, I just kind of looked up at we were having conversations about the what would be now this year and we were towards that well actually we were, yeah, we were somewhat towards the end of my halfway through my Fall tour, and I was just like, I'm fucking exhausted, and like, you know, I have so I'm not like I'm a songwriter, like not just for myself, but like I come back to town and I write songs, and I'm a publisher and I have people that have signed and like I have and I've not that I don't. I don't think I've overdone it by any means, but I love to have my hands in a lot of different parts of the music industry because I love it so much, and uh, touring was the one thing that I was just like, this is my this is my least favorite. I don't don't dislike it, but it was like my least favorite. So I hit a point where I was looking at next year and I was like, this is gonna be the same fucking thing. We're gonna start back in like February, and I'm just I'm never gonna be able to catch up. And I just I finally was like, what what do? What is exhausting me the most? Like what is the ship on my plate that I would that I would be happy if I took some of it off? And it was touring. So we started, so I kind of made a deal with myself. I was and and honestly with Cali, which she's never ever like encouraged me to take time off. She's just like, do your thing. But I was like, what if what if we start in May and we gig our ass off during the summer and we tour super hard and we play all the festivals and we do all the things, and like on September whatever or you know, October first whatever, it is like we stop and like, I, you know, I do my in town music industry shit in October in the fall and then in the spring and then so that way, in my head, we're like, okay, summer it's it's almost like, I don't know, it's almost like a season, if you will, like, and it's like I'm I'm mentally preparing that this part of the year is gonna be busiest shit, and it's just like it is what it is, and we're gonna have a blast, and we're gonna look forward to it, and we're gonna miss it because you know, there's gonna be so much time passed as opposed to just like catching up every freaking week and Monday and Tuesday and having clothes washed and freaking being tired for two days and then getting your shit back together and getting on a bus and it's just a constant thing and it's just something that I'm not I love. There are parts of the road that I love, but just it's something about the being gone and the travel that was just too much. And so that was that was the cut that I'm made, like the thought of like starting a family was that was that kind of definitely Yeah, Oh dude, if you don't think it was causing like I mean, I wouldn't say, I mean, yeah, it was causing Cali and Iu of butt heads on a lot of shit, like like just being gone and then it's like when when are we gonna do When are we gonna go on a vacation or do like anything together? And I kind of realized. I was like, man, I'm really prioritizing the road because I have this mentality of like strike while the iron's hot, it could all go away kind of thing. And I again, I just was fine, like, man, life's too short, and I will always tour, like I mean, and from a business standpoint, like that's where most of my like money, that's where most of my income comes from.
Speaker 2: But that's the big money for everybody, right, Yeah, but it's like there.
Speaker 4: There comes a time it's like why, I mean, everybody's different. But I was like, I don't need this much money. I'm good with just I'm good with this.
Speaker 1: Let's let's just do this.
Speaker 2: Finding that is special, dude. Being able to finally be like, Okay, this is enough for me is something that I don't thinink like a lot of people get for sure. A lot of people figure that out, and a lot too, like it'll change like when the little girl comes, especially.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I'm gonna hate going on the road, even especially when she's not out there. Yeah, it works that you leave Thursday through Sunday and Wednesday Wednesday night, and we get in like usually Sunday around midday, damn. And so usually Sunday, I mean when you're obviously, when your dad is, you know, you gotta be like ready to roll. But for these past few years, Sunday is like recovery day. And even if you're not, even if it wasn't like a big drinking weekend, it's just like the travel and then no sleep, you know, you know how the shit is. Yeah, you just kind of hang around sleep on Sunday and then I would, I'd get up and I would, you know, have meetings and write songs on Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday, and then Wednesday afternoon pack my shit and go go back out to wherever we're going.
Speaker 2: If touring is like your least favorite, still love it, but least favorite. What's your favorite thing about the music industry that you do?
Speaker 4: Writing songs?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about writing songs? Just fucking does it for you?
Speaker 4: I don't know, you ever seen the movie Holes?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Of course, you know. Zero. When people are like, what are you like doing, He's like, I like digging holes? Yeah, that's writing songs for hell. Yeah, I just I think that like none of the music industry period, the end uh what exists without the song. I mean it's it's like obvious. It's like an obvious thing. But like that is where the entire music industry begins, is like hit songs, and it's just the man when you get in a room and you you know you got on something where you're like this is gonna be huge or even like this is gonna like like I have a song give Heaven some hell. And it's like it was not a number one, but like we knew. I was like, this song is going to freaking heal people, dude, And like that is the coolest feeling in the world to know that you're this this song is going to like affect people and like help people heal or cope or you know what I mean, or whatever it is. And like there's something so freaking dope about how that came out of like me and two or three of my like beer drinking buddies, stupid ass country brains and somehow we got together and did something really cool and how that's gonna move like a massive amount of people. It's like that's there's just there's nothing to me that compares to that.
Speaker 2: Do you like you like writing with people or yeah, totally.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I write about myself so but some but not.
Speaker 2: It's better to have a whole think tank for sure, because I was I was told like, if you're I think in the country industry, specifically, if like the three of us are writing a song and I don't do shit, but you two both do it all. But because I'm in the room, I get credit.
Speaker 4: Yeah that works. Like everybody has a bad day, damn.
Speaker 2: So you got to essentially be really choosy about who walks in that room when you guys are writing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, for sure. And I mean it's all scheduled, like you know, you have your publisher and typically they are like your publisher will schedule. I could check my phone for the next month and I can tell you everybody I'm writing with like every day that I'm writing, right, and like, so it's it's usually scheduled. Like there's there's not people like poking their head in and being like what are you guys working on today and just like hop in or anything like that. But yeah, I mean that's dude. Everybody has an off day and that's just kind of that's been the Nashville rule for a long time. I feel like the day that goes away will kind of be like a that'll be like the end of like the Nashville songwriting process because it's just it's they say, drop a word, take a third dude, that's like the the thing. Yeah, why.
Speaker 2: Why do you think that's like such an important thing for Nashville.
Speaker 4: I think it helps people, you know, I don't know. I mean, it's very much a part of the culture. In La. You have lawyers after it hit songs get written, calling each other and saying, well, my writer said that your writer didn't do shit and all that stuff. And the Nashville culture is that everybody. It's very competitive, but it's also very.
Speaker 1: Collaborative.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and everybody roots for each other's success, like there is no nobody there. It's really not that sharky, especially not in the songwriting industry. Like people are truly rooting for each other's success. And I think it's a small it's also a very small town. And if you have somebody in the room that that is or could potentially be a hit writer one day, the last thing you want to do is have a fucking lawyer call and be like, Hey, my writer said this guy didn't do shit. We're gonna take him off the song. What if that person turns into a giant hits art. What if he gets better as a songwriter and becomes somebody that you could like very much so benefit from way later in your career, and that person's like, well, fuck you, you took me off a song back in the day, because you know, I said I was having an off day. It's just you just when you get in the room, man, it's just everybody is there for each other. And it's I've never ever experienced in a true Nashville writing session or post that, Like, I've never experienced somebody being like, hey, I heard so and so didn't really do shit today. Do you want to take a month of song or given left less?
Speaker 1: Have you ever?
Speaker 2: So, there's never really been that situation, was there. Ever? It's like twenty twenty when COVID happened, you saw a bunch of people like leaving and going like to Austin and yeah, yeah, Yeahshville and stuff like that. Yeah, did you feel like the culture was endangered all during that time? Because I feel like a lot of talented people kind of left California and to seek salvation in Austin in Nashville, Tennessee.
Speaker 4: Man, as far as like the writing thing went people, I think there was like a month of like there was a month of like panic or just really more than anything, a bunch of songwriters being like, well, you guys want to play Call of Duty or what. Yeah, But everybody picked up on the zoom writing thing really quick, so like it really never it really didn't change much. People moved. I know a guy that moved to freaking Canada. People definitely, like you know, moved to other places or like if they had a cabin or like a lake house or something, they would go out there. But but man, the zoom thing like took over for even after things started opening up, it took a lot of people a long time to get back to, uh doing it in person because of how cool, like once you kind of figured out how to do the zoom thing, which there was a little bit of a learning curve, but it became so efficient and people really really leaned into that during COVID it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Did you have you ever had an off day?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: For sure?
Speaker 1: Is there a song out there that has your name on it that you think, damn, I kind of just rode on this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Actually I know the song. I'll tell you the song it was. It's called uh I think it's called The Way I Am or the Way That I Am and a singer Michael Ray cut it and my I wrote it with my Josh Miller, who's a great songwriter, and a guy named Ben West. And I remembered I came in that day and Josh had like the verse and chorus already done, which like doesn't happen all the time, And at the end of the when he like played it and we're messing with the second verse, and I got a call to my dog. I can't remember how, but my dog at the time had gotten out of my apartment and it was running around my neighborhood, and so I got how did that even happen now that I think about it, But long story short, I had to leave and then like two months later, Josh or somebody called me and was like, hey, Michael Ray is cutting our song that we wrote, and I was like sick, But I specifically remember that, like I that was just a day.
Speaker 2: I was lucky to be there, so do you ever walk over to Josh and but hey, man, embarrassed.
Speaker 4: I remember that day, Yeah, I was. I remember that day leaving and being like, damn, I I didn't do shit. There's shit. It's just you know, it happens. And that's the thing though, Like it could be you one day. You could come in and just be having a bad morning or whatever it is, and and uh, you know, people, that's just it just that's that's the beauty of it. Man. Everybody has a bad day, you know, and you shouldn't be punished for that because you showed up and you work hard and that's that seems like and everybody gets a trophy mentality. But it's it's it's just it's just the Nashville way. Man. Somebody could be having a horrible day at home, but they got up and they fucking put their pants on and they drove in and they wrote a song that day and just because maybe they were in their head about something. If a hit got written, that could be you the next time. So you just everybody in the room gets the same.
Speaker 1: We interrupt this episode to ask you a question. You know what, we all need to get more of off of your ass with bold flavors and a refreshing citrus. Kick Mountain dew. We'll get you off your ass and have you feel like you're an actual mountain. My face flavor the boy always loves the original. You know I've shout it out on the pod before, but that gold can Caffeine Freeman New was my favorite. Growing up a mountain where the weather is always perfect, your friends are ready to hang in a day of epic proportions awaits. Here's some games and activities that could be exemplified here. Picking up a football, tossing a frisbee around with your boys, do the longest throat contest. Maybe some video games, yes, outdoors kickball, frisbee, golf, golf with football, pickleball, whatever the game is. Mountain Dew's here for it. The mountain is calling. You should answer, Grab your friends, grab an ice cold mountain dew wherever refreshing beverages are sold, and do the.
Speaker 2: Do do the dew. It seems like a couple of like I don't know if it was a couple of years ago, maybe a year ago or so, Like it's this like new there's newer wave of country music, This rock and roll country music really started taking place, and there was like the highwaymen and the outlaws and stuff like that back in the day, and now it kind of seems like you and Earnest and Jelly like we're like the tip of the spear as far as I want to do. Does that feel Morgan as well? Excuse yeah, you do? You feel like you guys were a huge part of like that transition of country music, because just to go a little bit further, it seemed like, you know, ten fifteen years ago, people were doing country music then getting out of country music to go do more popular genres.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and now it's the opposite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now it's what the popular genres are now. Jumping in Post one is a perfect example of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, going and being one of the biggest.
Speaker 2: Stars in the world being like I'm gonna cut a country album.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And it seems like when you kind of think about the transition, your name is really big in that, at least in my thought process. Did you feel that way?
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know, it's hard to gas yourself. Yeah, yeah, for sure, I just I guess so, man. I mean, back then, especially especially with me and earn like some of that stuff, like especially the stuff that kind of put Morgan on the mat. We were just like writing songs that we thought were cool for our buddy. And I don't know that stuff. I mean obviously, like the I can see the the physical proof of like leaning into the rock thing and how it like worked and all that, but man, I don't know's It's hard to have a gauge on that, like to be like, yeah, I was a part of like a huge movement or whatever, but it is, I will say it's I do feel like I am a part of a class of artists that is, like when I think of that, I do think of me, Jelly Morgan, earned Landy Wilson. That is definitely we have all together been a part of a shift in country music that brought a maybe a wave of just I would even put Luke coll even though Luke was like five or six years ahead of us on that like normalcy, like normal people kind of singing a little bit more about like normal shit, and that sort of resonating with a huge, you know, mass crowd of people kind of thing. Just just a new wave of this like authenticity thing that that happened in country because you know, if you look at bro country which no disrespect all that shit like fgl were they kind of put they put me on the map, like as a songwriter that that was this larger than life kind of persona, right, like everything had like a big professional wrestler vibe to it, if you will. And uh, and then even guys like Stapleton and again like Luke Combs and these people that were just kind of normal looking people, uh, started singing songs that were a little bit more of like a different subject matter and and uh, I think that just there was a there's so many people from small towns that were like not that they I don't think we're tired of the bro country thing, but the normal life type shit had gone away for so long that they really resonated with that. And that's kind of the movement. I think that's happening now. It's like just a little bit more. It's kind of gone from this like giant, larger than life thing to like a I don't know, people just singing songs about life and shit, and it's really cool.
Speaker 2: It feels like they went like country was kind of tree and then it's all like all the popular music and then cut you into this like Adapter Die type of situation, like we got to be more like everything else that's finding its way back into I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel that.
Speaker 1: Even with all the pop country stuff, I feel like people from my hometown, they would really be like they'd want to put you on like the Jamie Johnson's of the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 1: You were talking about Florida Georgia Line putting you on the map a little bit. You see our episodes with Florida Georgia Line.
Speaker 4: I have, Yeah, Yeah, what'd you think? I thought it was great the.
Speaker 2: Whole time we said, I'm like, god, damn it, we're opening this again.
Speaker 1: I felt like I was getting messages too, from just people in the music world that was talking about, Hey, I loved your episodes. Yeah, not a lot of people knew what was going on. I had.
Speaker 4: I thought it was a very good I thought it was very professional of you guys to have them both on, to give them to give both of their sides of the story.
Speaker 2: Uh, you're doing such a great job.
Speaker 4: I want you to know that, like you, I'm I'm I don't have I'm in I'm in good standing with both of those guys, and I really don't have an opinion about it, so uh, but I thought my my main thing was who did you have on? First?
Speaker 2: Tyler?
Speaker 4: Okay, when you guys announced that you were going to have Brian on, I was like, I'm glad that they did that. That happened quick, not because of not because you know, not in defense of either or, but just that, like, you know, I think that's the purest form of journalism, is too, or whatever you want to call it these days, is to have both people tell their side of the story. And I was like, that's that was sick.
Speaker 2: It was lucky. That actually was luck at the draw because the plan I don't think, well, the plan was never to have Brian Kelly on. We didn't really I've probably said ten words to him. And then after the Tyler thing came out, it was very quick that he wanted to come on, you know, reach out, wanted to come on.
Speaker 1: We're like, yeah, he was fired up, ready to go to the barber. Cherry Taylor called the day of the drop with the Tyler one and he's like, he wants to come on, like.
Speaker 2: Now, yes, and I was, yeah, I picked up that.
Speaker 4: He called me.
Speaker 2: I picked up his life, texted my wife and was like in BK Cale Taylor and she's like yeah, called me. He's like, I want to come on. I was like, all right, tomorrow's open. Do you want to come on tomorrow? Right here? Yes?
Speaker 4: Nice?
Speaker 2: All right, cal Will It's like, hey, we're doing this, yeah, all right, still wanting a haircut.
Speaker 4: A lot of that drama and stuff was like so my relationship with them was they had me out as a This was like twenty sixteen and seventeen. They had me out like almost every show of those two years that they had as a songwriter, and I basically helped them write their one of their records, Can't It's called Can't Say Ain't Country?
Speaker 6: And uh.
Speaker 4: I Apparently there was a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes, but that stuff was just you know, that was to us. We had no idea all the songwriters out there.
Speaker 2: You never felt that at all walking into a room with them.
Speaker 4: No, not really. I mean they they either they or their management did a really good job of like not airing out any drama to anybody other than what was going on between them because we I never really knew until after the fact when I heard my manager at the time or still is my manager. He was also theirs, uh let me know that they were disbanding or whatever. I wasn't shocked, but I was definitely like really, you know what I mean, it was enough that I wasn't like saw that one coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're kind of like, oh shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah, like I you know, especially on top of the world too, Yeah, crushing it.
Speaker 1: You were talking about like appreciating being being in that conversation of that wave of country music and national and everything else. When did you know that Iron, that Iron was getting hot for you guys, like when we're when was the moment?
Speaker 4: Oh man, I will never forget I uh so Morgan, So Morgan when he was still like a nobody, which is so crazy to think about. Uh recorded up Down and I was like cool, and I remembered around like it it's like around if Sometime in May my manager called me and said, hey, well up Down. So around around May, Updown was like top ten and that was my first hit I wrote. So I wrote up Down and that was like my first top ten. I was like, Okay, I'm finally gonna have a little bit of success, make a little bit of money. And then twenty eighteen, around May of twenty eighteen, and then Seth called me again and said, well, he was like, hey, you know, Updown is probably gonna go to number one. And then like a week later he called me it was like, you have the next you wrote the next Florida Georgia Line single, and it was simple, it was the song. And then like a week after that he called me it was like, you have the next Chris Lane single and it was talking out of it, and then I were not talking out of it. Excuse me, I don't know about you as the name of the song. And then somebody else called me there was another one. Oh, it was Jamison Rodgers actually, and they were like, you have the next Jamison Rodgers single, and which was called some Girls. And all those songs ended up going number one and uh, and then it was like it was like like a month after that, they were like, hey, Blake Shelton's gonna record God's Country. And then it was like, I mean it just it. I remembered there was a period of six months where for people since I have been in town, where like you you have nothing and then you get a hit and then if if, if everything, if the cards all fall right, you'll get one and then you'll get another one, and you'll get another one. No shit, And it just it kept happening and kept happening. It just there was no rhyme or reason to any of it. I mean, there was no like I felt like I got better as a songwriter. I definitely do, you know, but everybody, I mean, that's just a part of anything that you do. You get better at it the more you do it. But it just it was like a time thing. And I just remembered like, Okay, this is the this is the this is it. And then and then after that, my uh and at the time, I was still just a songwriter. And this was like twenty eighteen, and this was when like simple and updown and all that stuff was kind of popping off. And my manager Seth called me and and well, really it's kind of a long story, but Tyler Hubbard kept he he was in my ear like every other weekend, like, dude, you got to do the artist thing. That's what they said, do the artist thing. And all my buddies were signing record deals and going and they were just like going and their life was over. And like you know that my buddies who loved to hunt and fish and all that shit, and they were like looking at me, like, don't fucking do it, dude, Like this it's a little bit yeah, cause it's like so grindy, man, and like you don't know, there's so much unknown and you don't know if it's going to work out. But that's that's a part of the process. But next thing, I know, Seth England around that time where he was calling me to say I have the simple and updown was gonna go number one, blah blah blah called me and was like coming to coming to the coming to Big Loud, saw our record label. We want to talk chat with you about something. And I was like, what the fuck? And so I go in. I walk into the it's like something I have a movie. I walk into Seth's office and all the label heads are there and he basically just like handing me a record deal. And I was just a song I was just a songwriter, like I had no intentions of being an artist at all, and and uh so I took it and sat on it for months. I sat on it for like a few months and like didn't know what to do because I was like, I don't know if I want to do this. All my buddies are like, literally tell it's like the remember a brother where art they where the kid? The guy that gets, the guy that gets He's like in prison, he turns around, He's like, do not seek the treasure? You know what I mean? Yeah, that's what it reminded me of. But I finally I was reading this book called The Alchemist. Have you ever read that book?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a great book.
Speaker 4: I just finished it something like, yeah, that's it, that's it. Yeah, and uh it talked about all the omens and like opportunities, and I was basically like this, I feel like this is a sign. And uh so I just that summer around all that same time with the songwriter stuff was happening. I just I just signed a record deal and just was like, all.
Speaker 2: Right, here we go, dude, that's fucking wild. So those two months you were just kind of sitting on it where they calling you and be like, hey, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 4: Not really they didn't put a lot of pressure on me really, but they're very They're all very They've now become like dear friends of mine. We work together obviously, but like there was a lot of strategy involved, like like they knew how much I love Joey moy who was my producer, who was like fgl's producer and Morgan's producer and all these people. And I'd loved him since back when he produced Nickelback and all that, and uh, like Joey called me out of the blue and I didn't know him, and I was like, well, that's pretty cool. And now looking back, I'm like, I'm sure that somebody was like, oh, yeah, we help if you call it hard, Yeah, you know what I mean, Like, yeah, there was some shit like that. They're definitely going, yeah exactly, But uh, I mean it worked and I have I don't. I don't regret it one bit. But it was all there was a there was a that the summer of twenty eighteen was just a very It was like the the I was at that point. I was eight or nine years into town and with no success, and it was just it was a really cool. It was a really cool summer.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask you about that, like what was those nine years?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: Where it was it? Just how many times you like, do what am I doing?
Speaker 4: I never you know that my biggest like Mantra or whatever. Over the since Okay, So I went to MT I graduated in twenty thirteen, and h I signed a publishing deal shortly thereafter, which you guys obviously know to you know, a publishing deal, right. So and I went four years and I did not get a single cut, Like I didn't have a single person record or even really sniff recording one of my songs. And in that time, I think I was just cocky enough or like stupid enough that like I was more instead of like discouraged with myself, I was more pissed off and couldn't figure out why nobody wanted to cut one of my songs, you know. And I think that that kind of dumb blindness or maybe kept just that just kept pushing me a little bit. I feel like you truly have to be stupidly, like you have to like just blindly believe in yourself to a point where it's almost like delusion until it actually happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like almost having too much awareness at that point in your life is a bad thing. Yeah, you're like four years in someone would probably think to themselves with a lot of awareness, hey I don't know, yeah, but this is working out for me. But to be that kind of confidence is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and look and I didn't even know I was, you know, doing that at the time. Like looking back, I was like, well, you sure did believe in yourself for a guy that songs weren't that weren't good enough yet, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, nine years Yeah, but.
Speaker 4: It just I don't know, there's just something about like I think all that shit man manifestation, whatever you want to call that. I feel like when you kind of have your blinders on and you're like, this is going to happen for me at some point if you just truly don't have a backup plan. And that was my thing. So to answer your question, like I never consider coming home, moving back home or anything. I just I just kind of I was like, it's gonna happen. It's gonna happen, and eventually it just it just kind of did.
Speaker 1: It's interesting too, like I always thought like if you're in the rooms with certain people, like your boys or your friends, and they know that you're a good songwriter, they kind of tell somebody else, hey, he's pretty good. But it sounds like you're you're waiting. You're sitting there waiting and your guy, your management calls you up and like, Hey, you're going to write this song for so and so next week, or this is gonna be the next one you're writing. Like when you finally got the number one, he calls like, Hey, you're gonna write this song. Hey, you're gonna write this song. Dude, were you knowing at the time, like Blake Shelton, Did you know that he liked you as a songwriter and you were gonna write his song? Where is it? Basically management, these management teams figure out like, Hey, it's gonna be Hardy.
Speaker 4: Hardy's gonna write this song for him. No, I'm telling you, it was all like it's like it's it. There was There's no rhyme or reason to any of it. Dude, I'm telling you. When I wrote God's Country, it was a first song I wrote a twenty nineteen and I wrote that song and I left that day thinking like that was that's a cool song. And you just get a call that like two days later my publisher was like, hey, I sent that to Blake's producer and Blake apparently loves it and he's gonna record it like in a week. But there was no like, there's no rhyme or reason to it, Like there's just you just wrote a song that day and you're hoping that it's at lands somewhere.
Speaker 1: And do you even know Blake Shelton at the time, Like does he know of you? He just here's your song and here's you write it up, and he's like, I love this song this, so I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna record I think that I don't. I don't think. I mean I was still so young even just as a as an artist then because I was like six, six or eight months into my artist's career or whatever. I probably don't think he knew who I was at all.
Speaker 2: When it comes to writing, Do like does the name of the writer play a part in the artist choosing.
Speaker 4: The song once? Once you get to a certain point, Absolutely, Yeah.
Speaker 2: So like just getting your foot in the door is really difficult. Yeah, people see Hardy and they're like, who.
Speaker 4: The fuck is I think that it's it's it's almost like a placebo effects, uh that Like if you have if you get a song sent to you and there's three giant hit songwriters who have written songs that you love, you're gonna listen to that song differently than you are. If it's three guys that you've never heard of in your life. Yeah, I just think it's it'll it. I don't know if it tricks people, but it definitely doesn't hurt to see. Yeah, Like Ashley Gorley is number one, he's written like eighty something. Number one is in the next closest to him is like forty five or something like. Yeah, he's he's the most successful Ashley Gorley.
Speaker 2: Actually really pull him up. Sure, I want to see.
Speaker 1: That's so fascinating. It feels like like the country world. It's like I was going to be an artist and they felt like I had something and then they're like, hey, Hardy's gonna write your next song. It's like almost in my head like oh damn, maybe I am kind of nice, you know what I mean. Like they're kind of like pair everything together.
Speaker 2: But it sounds like they just have like a sheet of songs and they're like that's more of what it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, you have like camps and stuff where like you know, like you're a certain publishing company will go, you know, hold out at a We did like a cabin in Leaper's four, and like we would have artists come in and attempt to write songs for that person, but really like it's you Just the beauty of songwriting is that you just kind of go in and you write a song and it, you know, it gets sent to somebody and they fall in love with it, and the next thing you know, it's a hit. Like that's there's so much blindness to songwriting. There's a lot of strategy, but at the end of the day, the artist has to love the song. It could be the best song in the fucking world. And the art might not like story songs, but like and and you know, it could be you could send like if I wrote whatever song and send it to Colwindell, who's like, you know, I can use him because he's like a friend of mine, but like and he's maybe not a big story song guy, and he could pass on it. And then I could send it to Cody Johnson and Cody Johnson be like, this is the best song ever and cut it and it becomes a hit. There's just no like, it's just so no rhyme or reason to any of it. It's all dependent on like the that person's taste, what they think is a hit song. It's just there's it's just all over the place.
Speaker 2: What's the room? Like when you're walking into a like a writer's round or whatever, like if it's three session, yeah, like three guys.
Speaker 4: You don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're younger and younger in the game and you're crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's some dudes that are like you know this, like have you I don't know if you ever wrote with this Ashley guy, but yeah, yeah, yeah, somebody like that where you're like, this dude's a fucking dog. Part of you is like how do I impress them?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I mean so, especially back young in the game, dude, it was it was crazy because like you when you so, you would know that you had a hit writer coming up in your calendar. So like my you know, a publisher would text me and say, hey, I got you a right. Let's say it Ashley Gorley. I got you a right with Ashley Gorley. In two weeks. Those next two weeks, I'm gonna be thinking of the best ideas that I possibly can. I'm gonna have verse starts and like melodies and like that. You have to come in prepared. You don't have to, but you probably should, you know what I mean. But dude, the crazy thing about early like like these days, man, you know, it's such a small community of songwriters. You literally there's no you're never going in blind. You know everybody, You've written tons of songs with everybody, You've sat in the room for hours. You just go in and you talk for a little bit and then you're like, I got an idea called so and so you start writing. It's like it's so casual. But back in the day, man, there is a you have to have a little you have to have like a mental strength of like I'm about to walk into a room and sit with a person that I don't fucking know and share my ability which might not be that fucking good for you know, three or four hours, and like, pray to God that that collaboration works or else it's gonna be the most awkward four hours of your fucking life.
Speaker 1: It's four hours.
Speaker 4: Sometimes sometimes it's thirty minutes, dude, Like sometimes the song just comes out. Sometimes it's eight hours.
Speaker 6: It just it just.
Speaker 4: Depends on the room and the people in the day and all that. But back in the day, it was tough, man.
Speaker 1: So there's like a young, a young hardy out there that's about to sit in a room with hardy and Earnest or something like that. You know they're going to it's like fuck.
Speaker 2: A couple, they're walking to the Lions down a little yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like two homies.
Speaker 2: Yeah bro, you know they're hanging out, they have a rapport. They're gonna say jokes like do you laugh with them?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Cont it's all that.
Speaker 4: It is all that, yeah, And that's a good I try to remember that as much as I can when I do get like a young writer or a young artist that people believe in and think, which I'm not freaking you know, I'm I'm feel like I'm just still halfway there, but like to remember that there's kids, you know, ad to give young people a shot because that's like people did that for me, and that's how people. You know, you got to lift people up that you think you're talented a lot of times younger. Yeah, but to think about people that come into a room and like, you know, they're playing it cool, but maybe they're nervous and ship that's full of shit. To think that you're the guy. Now, that's like people are like, you know, they've they've done two weeks of prep and out ideas and stuff.
Speaker 2: Like that, and also shout out those guys that come in nervous but they don't seem nervous. Yeah, this person's read and at the end they're like, yo, I was so nervous, but it's.
Speaker 4: Like we really that's totally crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So with writing, how do you as you like, now you sign your artist deel, you're starting to do the art thing, artest thing that everyone's talking about. You've been cutting songs for everybody else. How do you differentiate? I want to keep this little nugget for myself because I want I want my name to be big as opposed to give me a How do you differentiate that?
Speaker 4: It kind of it came easier over time. I mean I definitely have a very polarizing sound, so that that helps, you know, like of just like if it was like a rock thing or like just there's there's just a certain type of song that I know sounds like me and that probably won't fit in anywhere else. But the main thing is just like it's tough these days because I have I have a few like I don't really sing like I'm not a sexy song guy. I don't. I don't. I'm still young. So there's like if you write a song that's kind of from the perspective of somebody that maybe is like closer to fifty, like like songs that are like remember that time in high school when we did this thing kind of deal. I don't know, there's like certain there's certain areas that I like just don't feel like I'm there yet, or just kind of stay away from. So but these days it's a little more. It's easier to pick the ones that are for me because it seems obvious. But that was a struggle back in the day. And I'll tell you a funny story. My first number one was One Beer was the name of that song. And when I wrote that song, I had a record deal. I just signed a record deal, and that song got sent to Dustin Lynch. That's the story that I hear, and I hear that Dustin really liked it and that he was going to record it. That's the that's the story. Dustin. You can fact check this and completely called bullshit. But my manager Seth called me. I'll never forget. I was in Oxford. I was with Cali and he was like, Hey, what the fuck's up with this one Beer song? And I was like, what do you mean? He was like you're not keeping that for yourself and I was like, no, like that song is not because at the time especially, I was like mister redneck dude, and I just wanted to do like the super redneck shit. And this song was about like having a baby in high school and like but how that turns into like a beautiful thing blah blah blah and uh. And he and I got in a legit, full blown, like yelling argument over the phone about I was like, you don't you know, I just it was this whole thing about he was trying to tell me, Like I he was telling me, like, you're an idiot if you don't record this song, and he pointed he straight up said this, if you record this song, it'll be your first number one. And I'm like, you're out of your freaking mind. He talked me into recording it. It was my first number one. So like there are time there have been times where the opposite where instead of like this song is definitely for me, there's been times where I sent out a song and was like, there's a note that this is not a mee and then I got a phone call It's like you need to.
Speaker 1: Take that back because it's definitely what's What's What's a song that comes to mind that wasn't a youth song that you thought it was.
Speaker 4: I mean the one Beer being one, but there was another one called sign Sober You, which was like early early on song, and we had to take that away from uh. John Party apparently was gonna cut it like the next week, and I think Seth had to call his record label. And that's when it sucks, is when like it gets into.
Speaker 2: Somebody else and get a little chippy hunt.
Speaker 4: And you can they have to call and be like, hey, we're taking this one back. And there's a there is a law called the or an act that was passed called the First Usage Law or Act, where basically, if you don't have permission from any of the songwriters, uh, then you're not legally not allowed to record the song, but only one time. So like if I recorded it and it flopped, John Party could have recorded that and put it out no problem like you like. For example, because of the First Usage Act, you have to get permission from the songwriters to record the song for the first time, but after that you don't have to get permission, So I could go I could go re record Morgan's dangerous album Top to Bottom and put it out and would not have to get permission from a single person. Really, anybody could you could? You could Top to Bottom record the Fleetwood Mac Rumors, Freaking Michael Jackson thriller, and you would not have to get permission from anybody.
Speaker 2: Why so why is there that giant gaping hole in the first act? Uh?
Speaker 4: I guess just the first time. I don't know that for the for some reason, like the first time that it gets recorded, I don't know. You just have to get permission.
Speaker 2: So, all right, somebody wants to record a song you wrote it with us three wrote a song. G wants to record that song. I want him to, will want them to?
Speaker 4: You don't want them You only need permission from one song.
Speaker 2: Rit got you?
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: And so is there ever like a call back and forth with like yeah, totally, like I want to just got a record and that goes that can go, that situation can go fifty to fifty and it happens all the time.
Speaker 4: Like you'll have a guy who has like let's say he was a young artist and he's a buddy of mine and he wants the song really bad. But you guys think that it could go to somebody that you know, there's no there's no faith in him making money off the song because he's so young, nobody knows who he is. They might not play it on the radio. And then let's say Luke Brian loves the song, and but he's my buddy and I want to do him a solid and I've got maybe some hits and I'm not worried about you know like that. But maybe you guys haven't had a hit yet and you're like, well, fuck that, I heard Luke Brian wants it, let's give it? Or like, why would you let him have it? This song is so good? Maybe somebody else wants it, Like there's a there's that happens from time to time. But the Nashville to me, like the Nashville way and the thing it kind of goes with the drop of word. Take A third thing is whoever wants it can have it. That's that's how I've always been. If you're the first first person to get a hold of it, and you really want it that bad, then take it. I feel like there's so many people that I look up to and like hit songwriters and stuff that have that mentality, and I just think that that shit goes a long way, and and like up down is a great example that. Again, I say that there's a song Jameson Rodgers, who is a buddy of mine, that some girls he cut that song. He recorded that song before he had a record deal, and that ended up being his first number one. No shit, So like you just sometimes you just gotta let people take it because you never know what's gonna happen with it, you know, yeah, oh.
Speaker 1: Oh, snow the mouse is dying in the wheel right now. The mouse is dying in the wheel right now?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Are you essentially at a spot now where as you're writing music, you ultimately just in your mind you're like, I'm writing the song for so and so, well will also and I guess some simultaneously, you know, accepting your publisher being like, hey, you're gonna write you know, we said Blake Shelton, but you're gonna write Blake Shelton's next song.
Speaker 4: So there's a thing called a tip sheet and they send it out like every week, and it basically whoever somebody does all this research or whatever. It's not like a ton of research, it's just word of mouth. But they make a database of who is recording right now. So like let's say Tim McGraw's at the top, like he's recording tomorrow, and Kenny Chesney is recording next week, and Morgan Wallin's recording over the next few weeks and blah blah blah blah blah. There's this long list of people, especially if I'm not like in a record cycle where I'm like writing for myself, or if i got plenty of songs and I know I'm like good for a while, Like you'll a lot of times you will look at that and be like, let's try to shoot for so and so, Like this person is recording tomorrow. What if we can get it to that person and they fall in love with it and they love it so much that they're like, screw this song, I wasn't gonna record, let's record this when it's the kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Got you do You ever have songs that you write that you know this is the artist for it, and you just kind of holster it until that artist is Yeah. Sometimes essentially like recording, Hey they finally made the tip sheet on there'll be recording in a month from now. Yeah, you're like all right, this is the song I've been waiting for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And sometimes you'll You'll be like, this song that we wrote sounds like this person and only this person. I'm going to wait like six months until I know this person's going back in the studio, and then I'm going to send it to him. Because a lot of times people will listen to a song You'll like, if I was going to send it to Keith Urban whoever, and he he isn't recording for he hasn't not going to the studio for a year. Do you really want to send a song to somebody and have them listen to it and get tired of it over a year and be like, maybe there's something else better out there? Or do you want to wait till that two week window where they're really listening to songs with it then so it's fresh? You know. Yeah, there's like a lot of I mean, there's strategy to it. But again, there's no rhyme or reason that person could love that song two years from now and record it and take it to radio. Yeah, but there is some I mean, there's definitely some some strategy stuff like that that you try to think about, you know.
Speaker 2: I love how many layers are of this game. I know, it's super interesting.
Speaker 1: I mean that's sometimes songwriters the creativity just is you know, I'm sure you have down times, but like just twenty four to seven, think about something stuff.
Speaker 2: New, you know what I mean, your stand just thinking to himself, I could write this song. Yeah, yeah, that is wild.
Speaker 1: You would put a lot of stuff down on your notes. I'm assuming like tons app like recording tons.
Speaker 4: Everybody. Every songwriter in Nashville. Every songwriter in Nashville has probably in their notes app or whatever they have, has a list of ideas in their phone, and dude, it could be I mean, you've got to write down everything. If you think anything could be a song, you got to write it, write it down because you just never know. That's what's so great about collaboration. It's like you never know. If you had a way to write it and it wasn't very good, but your buddy over here was like, oh what if you did it like this? And they kind of figured out that they crack the code to like how to write a simple idea or whatever that is. Yeah, it turned that into like a great idea.
Speaker 2: I love the idea of collaborations, especially in songs like how did the how do you get somewhere to come on a song with you? Do you have to have the relationship or do the managers handle it like.
Speaker 4: Like to like put a song out together, like a song together something?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's it Usually, especially these days, starts with like it's it's like a like your homies with the person kind of thing, you know what I mean, and text it to them and let's do this together. And you know, sometimes they're like, you know, hey, I got to I got tons of features right now, I can't do it or whatever. But a lot of times and then there's sometimes like you'll write a duet or you'll record a duet and and it could just be somebody you don't know but you're a big fan of and and you get a hold of that person and and just ask if they would want to do it with you, and they do it.
Speaker 2: Who are like some of the people you would love to do a collab with a feature with out there in the game right now that you have And yet oh.
Speaker 4: My gosh, man, Jelly Jelly and I have been talking for forever about doing a song together.
Speaker 2: And we hite no, not yet.
Speaker 4: We've only written one song together, but we we haven't read that.
Speaker 1: He's still ad bro when it does.
Speaker 4: I know, Bro, maybe it's just the longer I wait, the bigger man. I don't know. I've been so so thankful to I have have been a part of so many cool collaborations. Maybe in the pop world, I don't even know, dude, I don't even know where I would start. I mean, I said post my own for forever, and then I got to be on that that album, which was like insane. I don't know. I will have to circle back to that one.
Speaker 2: You a different genre, would if you did a different genre of music, what would you want that genre to be?
Speaker 4: Like if I did it myself?
Speaker 2: Yeah, your country is no longer an option to you.
Speaker 4: I mean I would just fully lean into the rock and roll thing. Yeah, I think yeah, but I would love I mean, dude, I would love to try to do like a hip hop thing.
Speaker 2: I don't rap. Yeah, you want to get out there and rap a little Snow my last at Bro, what you go about Snow? A little bit about Snow my last album Quit.
Speaker 4: The first song on that album was It's I Wrapped in It?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 4: I think it's I think I would fuck with it.
Speaker 1: I would love to hear it looking back.
Speaker 2: Are you so.
Speaker 1: Happy that you took that leak to go into the artist world? I think so, yeah, because it seems like like I've never gotten to be at one of your shows, but I follow like all your Instagram stuff, and it just seems like you get on the road with like Ern and Morgan, like obviously Morgan's Country and everything else, but it seems like you bring this rebellious style just the just the theatrics of the show. It seems like it'd be really fun to be it because you kind of have like this nWo style about you that gets added to the country mix of like an Urn and a Morgan.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Sure, I mean we definitely from the beginning have treated it like a rock show, you know, like just this energy and like a big party and and that kind of thing. But uh no, I haven't regretted. There's been There's been a lot of times where I have, especially early on and dealing with like like even just a little bit of fame and like not you know this y'all, you guys know, but like the sacrifices of not being able to go to certain places and do certain things and you used to love to do and and all that, and and I think just that's been like a that was my biggest struggle. But now that I've I've gotten over that. Man, the ability, the privilege to move people and to give people a release from like their normal lives that might give it might be giving them problems, is like the coolest thing in the world, which is like for me, like our live show and like when we this year we did our first like real big headliner thing and played a lot of big like venues and and like I'm just looking out and thinking, like many these people just came here to have fun, and like I am providing that for those people. It's like the coolest fucking thing ever.
Speaker 2: So live share thing is so sick, Like how much do you put into like the lights, the fire everything. Because we did that music video and there was that fire guy there and so he was talking about some crazy shit. Yeah, like yeah I could do that.
Speaker 4: He was talking about the jacket. No, no, no, I haven't, but I'm I've not forgotten about that guy. Yeah, and that's still a possibility. Yeah. The so a few months before every I know, I'll have a like a production meeting and guys, you know, my my manager and my production manager and these people will will we'll sit down and we'll go through the set list and I'm good, I got one in. Uh. We'll go through the set list and just song to song be like what are you thinking for this?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: And because well these days, like we have a screen in the back, it's like, what's the content that you think you'll like? And from the top down we just kind of go through that and you know, the fire and stuff, I leave that those moments or whatever, like you know, uh, because it's not every song, you know, it's like certain you kind of pick and choose your fire moments and your smoke moments and all that stuff. But I'd like to be as involved as I can in that stuff because I just think it's all a part of the creative ball and and like a you can tell the difference between a well crafted show and a not well crafted show, even if somebody that has a million hits, Like you got to have transitions and like talking points and moments and and and you have to have like the top of the show has to do this right, and then it should bring people down so that when you do that again, it's more hype, you know what I mean, there's like undulance to it. And and uh, I like to be as as involved as I can on that stuff, and I think it all matters.
Speaker 2: Are you familiar with NF the rapper totally?
Speaker 4: Doug.
Speaker 2: We went to his bridge downe of so Yeah, and the level. I mean, the guy's got OCD, Like he's very detailed in everything he does, but the screen behind him was like almost interacting with him. He knew where to be and when you be there, and then all of a sudden balloon would come out of certain places and that does That's such a crazy aspect of everything. Yeah, a shopping car move is so hard.
Speaker 1: It's so hard.
Speaker 4: What was the shopping car bit? What was that he did?
Speaker 1: Like, you know, as he's like wheeling out with the balloon that hangs on the shopping cart, It's like one of his openers to Hyah one of his albums. But he had that rolling with the green in the background. It was just that's sick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, isn't that he lives here?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: It is?
Speaker 1: You love the boy?
Speaker 4: That's cool. I like, I like him a lot.
Speaker 2: He goes crush dude, he's got like every white athlete in their feelings every time.
Speaker 4: He's ultimate fucking hype guy.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah.
Speaker 5: High.
Speaker 2: But like also like he unpacks his maybe those twelve year old emotions that you've had a little.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bro, he is.
Speaker 2: He's elite in the emotional category, absolutely elite in that. But yeah, his shows are his shows are dope.
Speaker 4: I need to go catch one, man, I haven't. I haven't. Uh, I haven't seen him live yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's cool.
Speaker 1: It definitely is.
Speaker 2: Do you you get out to a lot of shows trying try to Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's probably hard, right, Yeah, I mean there's a way to do it here where you can kind of sneak around or watch it in a But also, like you know, if it's like a whatever, it may be a non demographic of mind type show, Me and Cali will just go dude, like for real. Yeah, I mean it just it depends on what it is. But yeah, I mean sometimes you just just go just State night. Yeah, you know, like we went and saw who do We go See? It was a it was like a year ago or so, and it was like it was like I think it was joy Rule and like no it was Nelly. It was Nelly and Ashanti, and uh, there's a million openers and like, we just went to that Travis Scott. We just went to Travis Scott last year. Like, uh yeah, I mean there's there's times for sure, but I wish that I could go to more. But I will say when we play festivals and stuff like big festivals in the summer, dude, I'm I'm on that stage watching everybody. Like I love watching shows and just watch seeing how different people perform it because it's it's like a at the risk of sounding like a douche, it's like it's an art form to like performing is like and how how are you able to manipulate a huge crowd of people? It's like it's a it's a it's a gift. And I love watching people and I mean honestly like learning things from them, like picking up moves and just things to say and things like that, and I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's who's the best you've ever seen? Were like, holy ship, I gotta.
Speaker 4: Up my game, man, I only just saw him recently. I'm trying to think of what was the best, but uh, I just saw him in finway. But post Malone is freaking dope. He It's it's there's a there's a thing where like when people don't have to try hard but they are just so cool and they're so captivating, but they're not like trying to be I don't know how to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like the way he'll he'll have his cigarette and he's he's so in the moment. It feels like with his art that it's it's felt by everybody. Yeah, it's weird, it's hard to it's yeah, it's a weird thing to try and like.
Speaker 2: But there's still like a space between the two, like the audience and him.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's like.
Speaker 2: In the zoo right right right. Look at.
Speaker 4: Example, that's a great example. He has these songs like better Now, which is just a right down the gut, you know, like pop hit, and at the show he'd just be like you probably you know what I mean. It's like it's kind of like Travis Scott has got to be number one. Actually I just thought I just remember that, I mean, his his show.
Speaker 2: Then you do like backflips off of like dude, he does everything.
Speaker 4: Dude, It's it's insane. There's like a video clip of him like his top ten like Biggest, which I know he got he got in like or his you know, some crazy stuff happened in the show a while back, but like there's a there's a that that's the shot right there.
Speaker 2: Bruh.
Speaker 4: He's like up on top of some fucking ten foot fire hydrant thing and that what I've what I love about that is is his his music does not reflect his live show. His music is just like hip hop, but it's not. The songs itself are not this overly insanely hype thing. It's not like ridiculous. But then you go see it live in the culture that he has created as a live performing artist, like Fiend is just like when you listen to it, you know who doesn't love Fiend?
Speaker 1: But like.
Speaker 4: When it's live, it's like it's like it's like he's at a fucking metal festival. I mean, it's just like people are going bananas and it it. There's just a crazy translation between his his music and how uh just the live culture and people just know to act a complete and total fucking fool his live show. Yeah, that's that's the funnest show I've ever been to before.
Speaker 2: That's fucking dope.
Speaker 1: He he does some crazy ship the uh Morgan wall and walk out. Yeah, it's so iconic, it's so popular. But it's something like that where it's so cool and popular that I'm sure the boys you have to almost chirp him to bring him down a little bit.
Speaker 4: Did you Did you see the video we made? No, we made a video. Me and Ern were like picking at him about it. No ship. Yeah it was. Arn posted it on his like Instagram.
Speaker 1: Every time I see him, it was in a different walk. I think of you and Ern, and I'm like, I wonder if the boys like chirp him. How about Payton Manning coming out in full uniform.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that was hilarious.
Speaker 4: It's a cool thing that he is. He is, Uh that Morgan is done with that? It really is.
Speaker 1: It brings like a game game Day element, game day atmosphere.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure. No, that one's not it. That's not. This one is like we're walking, it's like in a hallway. It's it's in there somewhere. It's he just got the haircut, so it's a little further down.
Speaker 2: The urn is like that in the writing.
Speaker 4: Uh, maybe that's too far. I can't remember. I'll tell you the date it was around like it was in September. But dude, yeah, I mean like Morgan is ire. I mean he's before anything, before anything. He's just our buddy. So like yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: I know you got to be out in fifteen. So let's uh twist the question to your talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's hit, let's rip it. We're wearing our costumes. Just bring it back to spooktone. No it is.
Speaker 2: It is November twelfth, but us October.
Speaker 4: Thirty first, that's right in our hearts.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Twisted question is brought to you by Twisted Tea. That Twisted tea is always made with five percent ABV. It is great for tailguard, getting in the parking lot at the bar, watching.
Speaker 1: With the boys, smooth zero carbonation.
Speaker 2: It is fantastic and it's a perfect alcohol slash beverage for game D, whether tail getting a parking lot, watching at a bar, or watching it friends, watching with friends at home. Twisted Tea is there to turn up your game D. Let's keep it twisted. Grab a refreshing twisted today. This question, as always, well not as always, is about to us by the boys in the back, either Mitch Carsley or Sherman Young.
Speaker 1: Are we gonna were about to get? Okay, go ahead, Actually, can we get Sherman?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's get Batman and Sherman?
Speaker 1: Where is she?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Can you askman please?
Speaker 1: I'd love to.
Speaker 9: Would you rather get the biggest haul of all time while trick or treating or hand out the biggest haul.
Speaker 6: Of all time?
Speaker 4: Hand out one hundred dude? Yeah, because the joy you would get for just seeing all the all the kids. Dude, I don't know what that would be, but hand out for sure. I agree.
Speaker 1: It's like when you get to the spot where you want to hand out some king sized stuff and you just you're smiling because you know they're.
Speaker 4: So Yeah, I'm smiling right now. In my head, I'm doing it right now.
Speaker 2: There's something about dusk and the early trick or cheaters coming to your house.
Speaker 4: The first one, the first one, dude, and you.
Speaker 2: Hand them that king sized candy bar, whichever one it is, and he takes it, looks around and goes back to his boys because you know, there's a whole new game of telephone mapping. Minutes later. He might be back in a different outfit, yea, with all of his boys. And you know, like at the end of this evening, I'll be out of candy and there'll be a lot of kids bouncing off the fucking walls at their house, and it's all gonna because of me.
Speaker 4: And the later dude, that's you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: If you're handing out the biggest hall, there's even the part to scratch your ego a little bit, like if they're coming to your house first, or it's a newer trick or treater, just knowing you're not going to get this anywhere else.
Speaker 2: Dude, the shitty part about my house is I get no trigger treaters.
Speaker 4: I know it's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sucks. But what I think I want to do this year. I don't have two days to do it, three days to do it. But I want to get like this giant cauldron and put it like in my driveway and just fill it with candy and just see if my god, next year we should host like a trunk or treat. Yeah, that'd be sick. I'd be into that where people go to like a.
Speaker 1: Parking lot and you just trigger treat out of your yeah, and you hand out candy there. There there's somewhe around Nashville. Massive yeah, yeah, yeah, I think we should host the Trunker treat. I think that'd be sick. That'd be fun, that would be and you're about to enter a sick face to like your little ones old enough to trigger treat and just like getting them in the spirit. I'm scared of everything, kind of like, hey, daddy's got you.
Speaker 2: Peak mug with that right now with my two kids. I woke up this morning, went got myself and I sort of workout, came home. My daughter was a butterfly. She's so ready with that party. Yeah, she's already ready, dude, she's she's a butterfly. She's ready to go. It's fucking it's juicy.
Speaker 4: Hey, but I'm sorry to interrupt, but have you I just got a new crossbow yesterday. Look, Brian sent me at a crossbow. Yeah, you still want to go? Yes, it's legal, it's completely Yeah. My I would him a deer camera in his backyard yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gott relationships and stud Yeah. Our relationship kind of started that way, did it not.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think one of the first texts I ever see you was can I put a deer camera in your backyard?
Speaker 2: I was like, I was like this, I don't think your name was saved in my phone, but I was like, yeah. Then every once in a while just be like, hey, I was over at your house today, like I had to change a bat, change the batteries.
Speaker 1: They're just thinking, I don't know if I can let you kill one of these animals.
Speaker 2: You used to ask, and now I just feel like it just ghosts, and every once in a while they're like a truck in my parking line, bike he must be here man, just doing his thing. But yes, yes, I really do want to go because we went with Steve Vanella and I did the meat eater duck. Yeah, I did the duck hunting. I thought that was really cool and so super green. Have no idea how to do it.
Speaker 4: But crazy thing, Okay, you could. You can legally do it. It's completely legal. You have to be like five hundred feet from your house, which is super easy. And the crazy thing is if you if you kill a deer, you can only hunt with a bow in town right. If you if you kill a deer and it goes into somebody else's yard, the only caveat is that you have to legally go to that person's front door and either ask or attempt to ask. If you can retrieve your dead deer from the yard.
Speaker 2: Oh really, that's it though, that's all. And so we can do this in my backyard.
Speaker 4: We could do it and your yeah, like up in your Oh my god, that was you. Yeah, where was that at? That was in Louisiana. That was a that's what they that's what real hunters they frowned upon. But I had never done it. It's called that's a high fence deer.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'd like to go on the trips, but we go down in South Texas. Yeah, nil guy. Have you ever heard of nil guy? Yeah, so the South Texas antelope. Yeah, we go after those, we get up, we get after some white tail. But it's a fun trip. I go on it every year. And then people talk about the high fence thing. I'm just think like I'm just trying to have some fun, right right, right right.
Speaker 2: It's always crazy when there's like these little bastards in America in a high fence. Oh yeah, it feels a little squirrely to me.
Speaker 4: But yeah, yeah, people killing zebras and ship like that in Texas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's wild, but it's kind of like a petting zoo. It's kind of like it kind of isilling the whole helicopter assault game.
Speaker 1: I think that would be.
Speaker 2: So it's like a fun little deal.
Speaker 1: Do hog hunting some night vision.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've done that, I've I've not done the helicopter. I was going to do it one time. And I'm left handed. We were in such a small helicopter that you had to be right handed to be actually be able to shoot because the guys control things on the right side of the I'm.
Speaker 1: A lefty as well, left lefty also.
Speaker 4: Three lefties, let's go. But yeah, the night vision thing is sick. And if you guys ever need a hookup, I know like a million people that do that, and it's we should have a video.
Speaker 6: Just have them.
Speaker 4: They have them that record that you can hit record on your thermal scope and like it. It records it so you can get to see like you're Have you.
Speaker 1: Ever done this hog hunting with a knife?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What that sounds insane? I got all my buddies back dogs and ship.
Speaker 4: Yah, seems insane, so terrifying, it's awesome. It sounds like poking a hole in a fucking like CO two cartridge or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, poking a hole and it's.
Speaker 1: Just like, will go into it.
Speaker 4: And those dogs are called curd dogs. They're they're baying dogs. That's what they do. So you send it like four or five caurd dogs out and they go find the pig and they work together to bay it, so they keep it, you know, they work to where they circle it up, you know what I mean. And then you have a pit bull or some sort of bulldog. And once you realize, once you can kind of hear that the pig is is bade up, like you can tell because like he's nipping at the dogs like that. All the dogs are barking, but you'll hear a dog kind of wine or whatever like he's that you can just tell. And then they just let that fucking pit bull loose and he runs in there and he grabs it somewhere and just holds it down, and then people go in and.
Speaker 1: Just take it down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is a way different than I thought it would be. I really thought it was like the ending scene of The Gray, like you kind of just you're just off deal.
Speaker 1: I'm too, like emotionally attached to dogs because I hear the stories of yeah, yeah, yeah, there's casual for sure, Yeah that's that's real.
Speaker 4: But these guys, the guys that do this, those dogs are their tools, you know what I mean. It's a different mentality like that, that is they're not it's not their pets, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, dude, the pro having a dog, what's up?
Speaker 1: Show?
Speaker 2: Oh five minutes? Having a dog that does everything you say. I have not ever had the luxury of that happening in my life.
Speaker 1: Waffle is not that type of animal.
Speaker 2: But it's something about that, dude. I've been around people like, hey, go look at the dog. Go wait in the truck, and they'll just run and go sit in the truck.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I've never really hearing they grab one.
Speaker 1: I've seen that too. Yeah that's the fridge and grab one that has a little rope on the fridge.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: As you get that, and they'll talk about shot collar training like, oh, okay.
Speaker 2: Show call trains a little while, Yeah you did. My little husky I got over there though she got that shot called on twenty four seven.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking about getting Waffle for what get that thing? To listen, bro, Waffle, don't don't do anything. We need her to get off the damn couch. When I tell her to get off the couch, it's always a fight.
Speaker 4: What kind of dog is Waffle bulldog? What kind of bulldog?
Speaker 2: Just an underbite.
Speaker 1: English bull dog? Yeah, English bulldog. I'm thinking of how many different bull but yeah, that's waffl right, doesn't how much you love that dog?
Speaker 2: Now love Waffle, however.
Speaker 4: Tongue always out.
Speaker 1: I loved I was obsessed with Waffle until Rue came. And that's when the kid kind of shifted it. Ah, the kid kind of shifted it. We still have our moments like she's she's she's a good pup. Give her. My goal every day is to give her enough love to ward. Charlie acknowledges like, oh, you're loving Waffle again. I'm just thinking. I just I'm trying to let you know, Yeah, let you know. I'm putting an effort.
Speaker 2: I'm putting it in that this episode to bring you something very near and dear and supposed to her hearts, and that is Lucy. Lucy is the obvious choice for a nicotine pouch connoisseurs, and that's why they are the official nicotine pouch partners of Barstool Sports. Lucy pouches go up to twelve milligrams to strength and have the unique shape that feels great. Lucy Breakers are the only pouch with the hydration capsule inside. They are a totally new kind of pouch only available from Lucy. Each Breaker pouch contains a hydration capsule that you can crack open with your teeth before tossing it in your lip. The capsule releases a burst of flavor and helps release nicotine faster. Please scroll back up just a little bit for an experience that you can't find in any other pouch. Gas Station pouches get the job done, but once you've tried Lucy, you won't want anything else in your pocket. Get Lucy shipped straight to your door. Visit Lucy dot co, forward slash bustin and use promo code busts and to get twenty percent off your first order, and then if you subscribe you get another fifteen percent off. Shipping is always free. Lucy products or for adults of legal age and every order is age verified. Warning, this proac contains nicotine. Nicotine is an addictive chemical. Let's get back to this episode, teer top, and then we gotta get out of here. Tier talk is going to be so tear talk is very simple. I know you watch the show religiously, but I'm gonna explain it for those who haven't seen it before. We're gonna do candy bars, so you're gonna start off. You can get an honorable mention if you want, and then you're gonna go your Tier three, your Tier two, and then finally your Tier one, which will be your favorite. Okay, I have a little story two if you want. If there's a reason for some nostalgia, go for it. But Will, as always, kicks it off right away, so go ahead, well oh I do.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 2: And then after you go, we're gonna go run the bus and everyone gets a one word to describe how they felt about your tier talk.
Speaker 1: Okay, My Tier three is gonna be a kit Cat bar. I love kid Cat bars. I'm not somebody who goes on my way to get a kit Cat bar, but when I do on Halloween, I very much enjoy the kit Cat bar my Tier two when people have them. Heath is one of my favorite candies. A Heath bar is one of my favorite candies. I love putting them in ice cream. I love the Heath blizzarded dairy Queen. I love Heath bars. And then you throw some cormel on top. Of the ascream. I know I'm getting off the path with Spotober, but Halloween, when people have heath bars, it fires me up. My Tier one and it's a no brainer for me. But it's a fast break. It's a Reese's fast break. That is an absolute no brainer. If you get a king size one. When we go on our fall torch trips and we stop at the gas station, I'm always getting a king sized fast break. But it can't a fast break. A Rece's fast break is my number one candy in the world.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 2: That concludes my two tongue seasoned.
Speaker 4: Vengeance match.
Speaker 5: Fire, tasty, accurate, adequate, Oh, adequate, Yes, do you want to go?
Speaker 4: I'm ready all right. Tier three, uh the Hershey's Cookies and cream h bar. I loved it as a kid, but I can't really eat it much as an adult because I feel like, if you eat the whole thing, it just makes me feel.
Speaker 1: Like I was gonna say it gets it.
Speaker 4: Tell me going a little bit, yeah, very like one one or two, little of the one one or two because it's it's sections. You can ration it a little bit, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Yeah, a little delicacy with your child.
Speaker 4: Tier two is a Snickers bar, but with the almonds and not the peanuts, dude. And for an added bonus, frozen so fucking good. And for me, a number one is heath Bar. Dude. There's just toffee is undefeated, dude, heath Bar number one frozen ice cream, whatever it is. I love. This is the most fatass thing everybody. I love how it gets stuck in your teeth and you get to eat it again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro, say something for later. Love.
Speaker 4: That concludes my tear.
Speaker 2: Talk love almost justice.
Speaker 8: Interesting veteran move hyphenated.
Speaker 2: I've dated cookies and cream lost me with the almonds.
Speaker 1: The almonds a little bit, all right, but all.
Speaker 2: Great selections, all great selections. Let's get started. I'm gonna give an honorable mention to the Payday. I think the payday is delicious. I like, as a child, take all the little peanuts off myself, one at a time and then enjoy whatever that little caramel center is, that little caramel bar in the middle is delicious. My Tier three is going to go to the heath Bar, and I think it's only gotten better for me as I've gotten older. I don't think I respected the heath Bar as I should have when I was a young buck, a young child. My Tier two is going to go to the packets of sour Patch Kid watermelons when you're able to get them sometimes a sour Patch kid. This is just a regular back that'll do well for those of you that don't know me hard. You might notice about me much more of a gummy guy than I am a chocolate gun. However, because the back size, it doesn't make my Tier one.
Speaker 1: He's got some sweetness to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and my tier Yeah, and my Tier one is going to be your classic Reese's peanut buttercups. There's something special about having those two little bastards sitting there looking at you, talking ship that happened to be the first ones to catch casualty when you open up that pillow case after the night is over of ravaging neighborhoods.
Speaker 4: And that is my tier talk, well done, inconsistent, You're gonna love me, stuck in your teeth, hyphenated payday excellent. Wow.
Speaker 2: Care to elaborate.
Speaker 4: Candy bar, dude, that's what that was? What the that was what it was though, So the was not a candy bar, you know, fair enough?
Speaker 1: That's nice.
Speaker 2: Be a detailed guy. Handsome.
Speaker 1: What doesn't he have a defense right now? That's Goods is like to me, the best candy brand, Like you just there's so much, there's so much range pieces. Then when you get towards eastern you get the little eggs.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, hallow to do the pumpkins.
Speaker 4: Yeah, got a white chocolate. Lie if you're they do it right, they know how to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. But I love how you always get the Reese's the Reese's tree for Christmas. It looks nothing like a tree.
Speaker 4: No, And then also like they somehow survive until next Christmas and you open it it's all white and ship you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's like that's what you're telling me.
Speaker 4: You still.
Speaker 2: Boys, Let's give a ronal Awesome. It's been a long time coming, but it really has.
Speaker 4: I can't believe this is the first been trying for like two years. I feel like it's been a bill.
Speaker 2: Be busy, I'll get lazy. It's a horrible combination to get some stuff.
Speaker 1: We been a couple of times dialed in yeah apart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is that? Oh beer Olympics?
Speaker 4: Next year you're coming, Yeah, give me a day. I will have a six month old. But maybe Ringer be.
Speaker 1: Strapped up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally just bouncing her up and down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: That will be all the time. We do appreciate you coming on all your success. Seriously, all right, boys are subscribing host any kisses.
Speaker 1: That was fun that you appreciate all the storytelling.
Speaker 4: Absolutely