Speaker 1: Hello everybody.
Speaker 2: It is Tuesday, December two, and we are on day two, gift number two of our holiday gift guide.
Speaker 3: And fellas we're over to By the way, let's not just keep the drama going. This is not for.
Speaker 2: Us, but it could be a gift that you give us, So fellows could be listening up for that special lady in your life, right, yes, so yes, our producers at iHeart gave us fifteen products to test out. These are hot holiday gift ideas, so we'll have one each weekday to make your holiday shopping hopefully a little a little more directed. You know exactly what you're getting when we go through these gifts, and we're going to be posting every pick on our Instagram at Amy and TJ Podcast. And want to point out we are not getting paid by any of these products.
Speaker 3: That's too bad so far. With the eyelash curler, I should have picked up some cash for that endorsement. I gave our last product.
Speaker 2: All right, So gift number two is candy coated makeup brushes set by Candy Burris.
Speaker 1: And you're actually very familiar with Candy Burris.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, this was the music of my high school college days. She's, of course, I guess you can call it the lead of Escape nineties legendary girl group, hip hop group, R and B group, I should say, but yeah, she was it for me ninety five, all that year freshman in college. Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: She's a Grammy winning singer, songwriter, actress, entrepreneur and maybe even if you don't know her music, you might know her work from Real Housewives of Atlanta. She was a big star there, also a big time songwriter. I didn't realize how many hit songs she wrote for DLC, No Scrubs, Destny's Child, Bills, Bill's Bill. She was a part of all of that. So yes, she is a legend. And now she has something you can purchase for the ladies in your life. By the way, this makeup brush set was featured as one of Oprah's favorite things last year in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Is that what we should go with really for guys out there? And this will what women recommend? If Oprah says it's okay, we should always go get some kind of a backing or a confirmation before we buy something like this.
Speaker 2: I think that would help a guy for sure, because at least it's been given a stamp of approval by another woman of note, and so at least you've got at least a step in the right direction towards it possibly being something you got to She would like you have a better shot. Yes, So what is this brush set? What sets it apart? So it has seven brushes in it. It's a powder, a blush, an eyeshadow, a blending, an angled, a concealer, a bronzer, plus a beauty blender. So it's got basically every single brush you need. And I'm excited because I have not bought new brushes. I have brushes that makeup artists gave me when I was working at MSNBC.
Speaker 3: Do you have that list again? It's seven brushes that come in.
Speaker 2: A powder brush, a blush brush, an eyeshadow brush, a blending brush, an angled brush, a concealer brush, and a bronzer blush plus a beauty blender.
Speaker 3: Okay, hand up in class from the gentleman in the back of the room. We have a question for the teacher. I'm looking at the seven brushes you describe now is the only difference? Is there any difference when you all do brushes? Are they made out of the same thing? At the end, and they're just designed differently because what I'm looking at is the same brush shaped different ways. Yeah, okay, is ever talking about yes?
Speaker 2: Because I mean if you are buying a set, they're typically all made from the same material and then they're just put in different shapes and size.
Speaker 3: That helps. Which one is this little bitty one? Was this?
Speaker 1: That one is an angled brush?
Speaker 2: This is well you would actually this is what you would put eyeliner on.
Speaker 3: What was this for? It's almost the same time.
Speaker 2: This is a concealer brush. You can tell, so like under I conceal her on.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, this is this is radio on and not television.
Speaker 1: Yes, you would not know?
Speaker 2: Probably, how can you name what any one of those brushes?
Speaker 3: Christ, No, that's got to be something to put blush on.
Speaker 1: Right, Yes, one of them is got to be.
Speaker 3: Okay, is the blush one and the powder one the same one?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, then I'm.
Speaker 1: Done, all right.
Speaker 2: The cool thing that I love about this set is it comes in this beautiful rose gold fox leather little basically a cup holder, and so you can put it wherever you put your makeup, and it's all self contained.
Speaker 3: And you can hold toothbrushes too.
Speaker 1: It looks like No, it's.
Speaker 2: Much prettier than that. And then you can put a top on it. It actually snaps on so you can travel with it. So I love this. When you're grabbing something to put in your suitcase, you can just put the top on it and take it with you and you've got every single tool you need to put makeup on.
Speaker 3: This is a great toothbrush and toothpaste holder. This is amazing. I'm gonna use Are you going to use the brushes because I want the case?
Speaker 1: No, I want the case for the brushes too.
Speaker 3: Sorry, please continue. OK, So this is so.
Speaker 2: This brush that the just so you know the fibers you were talking about where they all made the same. Yes, they're vegan cruelty free fibers, but they feel very lux and wait you said cruelty free. Yes, how that that's important in the makeup industry, so that you know the products you're putting on your face were not tested on animals, uh, or at least done to animals in a cruel way, which some we found out some maybe way back when. I think it's more the trend now to make sure you put out there how you test your products, where your products come from.
Speaker 1: So yes, they're vegan.
Speaker 2: These aren't animal hairs basically that you're brushing on your face.
Speaker 3: Oh you feel bad?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, now, and here's the deal.
Speaker 2: These are a little bit more than just your average set of brushes. They have daily affirmations on the brushes. They're engraved on the brush that.
Speaker 1: You saw me have to.
Speaker 2: We have some beautiful low lighting here in our podcast studio, and my eyes well they aren't what they used to be, so I had to go into a brighter room to read the affirmations. But they're actually beautifully engraved in rose gold. I see some hashtags, that's what they are.
Speaker 3: So oh, here we go. Okay, gotcha.
Speaker 1: I can tell you which ones are going to be your favorite.
Speaker 3: I await a minute, not that one.
Speaker 1: Slay the day?
Speaker 3: Stop, okay, glow up. Okay, these are not all right, reset your intentions. Throw some shade natural beauty. Don't blend in flawless mindset.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah right, those are some font natural beauty. It is another one.
Speaker 2: So when you're putting whatever you are in your face, you're seeing these positive affirmations while you're putting your makeup on. So you're making you're putting your face on. But you're also getting in the right mindset.
Speaker 3: Man. They start putting daily affirmations on my toothbrushes. This is going to be the best little carrying case ever. I love this thing. Now, I will admit I love this caring case. Obviously I'm not going to use these makeup brushes, but this caring cases.
Speaker 1: Don't even think about stealing it.
Speaker 2: So and by the way, this set comes from and I love this because we mentioned she's obviously an artist, Candy Burriss in and of herself, but she's got, you know, some real entrepreneurship here. So this is a black owned beauty brand. Probably one of the main reasons where you know, highlighting it from Oprah. She likes to throw a spotlight and I love this on small businesses, folks who wouldn't maybe otherwise have that big push when she gives it to them, they blow up. You want to get on Oprah's book club, you want to get in her favorite things list, and it makes a huge difference in your company.
Speaker 3: So this is cool, and it could also be pointing out this is also and I love that Oprah does that and a lot of other people do this is just as good as or better stuff than stuff you've heard about. But highlighting minority in small business just gives them a way to have their voices heard and their price. It's not like this is not a charity case to where oh help this little poor product. No, no, no, this is great stuff that just needs your attention exactly. It just needs a spotlight on it. And in fact, so Candy Burris. I didn't know her name off the bat. I googled her, and she's been in the news in recent days. Unfortunately, she's going through a tough divorce, just announced it a few days ago, actually, right before Thanksgiving, So she's got all this stuff circling circulating about her online, which we feel for her and for her soon to be x.
Speaker 2: Because they've got two kids and all of this. So I was just seeing all the hoopla. I had no idea that her name was blowing up in the news because of her personal situation. So I actually love it even more that we're highlighting this cool makeup set or brush set that she has, because we understand how tough it is to go through this at any time, going through it during the holidays, going through it publicly. It's all incredibly difficult, So it makes me even feel more excited that we are talking about her brush set. So when we come back, we are going to tell you what we think about it. And yes, TJ has some experience with makeup brushes, so he can actually weigh in on this. We're going to tell you where you can buy it, how much it costs, and we'll give you a teaser for tomorrow's gift idea for the holidays, and continuing our gift number two on our Gifts for the Holiday list that we are putting out one a day Monday through Friday for the next I guess a couple of weeks until you run out of shopping days for the holidays. But number two is candy coated makeup brushes set by Candy Burris. And we love how they look, we love how each brush has a daily affirmation on it, and we love the case it's in. It's so cool because you can put it on your shelf, it'll look beautiful and you can take it with you with this awesome cover that just snaps on. It really is an awesome gift. I think for girls of any age. You can have young girls playing around with makeup. You can have women who are totally into their makeup. These brushes are awesome. I felt them. Did you feel them, babe? How they okay if.
Speaker 3: You said, because the last gift as well, I didn't think about it for young girls. Now, young girls, what are they doing with all this stuff?
Speaker 2: So I gave my girls, probably not brushes this nice, but sets of brushes so they can pretend, So they can look in the mirror and they pretend they're putting on blush. They pretend they're put And little girls love playing dress up. They don't actually have to have real makeup. You can actually buy like a compact set that is fake makeup. It doesn't actually go on your face, but they can think they're doing it. So even something like this for a tween or a teen, but I think women of all ages, anyone who loves to dabble in makeup, these are great.
Speaker 1: But I think they feel awesome.
Speaker 2: One of the things I hate about some makeup brushes is that the fibers or the the little pieces will actually come off on your face. Oh yeah, hating that make upon it oh so annoying, And then you've got a little brush hair stuck to your face.
Speaker 3: And then hours later you're out and somebody says, oh my goodness, what's on your face?
Speaker 1: Exactly right? Have you had that happen?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wait, you actually told me along.
Speaker 2: You actually told me a story though, because yes, men have to get makeup put on when they're in broadcasting. And you said that how a brush felt on your face was very important.
Speaker 3: Why well, I didn't say that at all. Geez, the ladies at seen An, I'll give you all credit. When I first started there back in two thousand and six, I hated makeup. I didn't wear makeup, and local news netwwar makeup. So I go to network and they want me to wear makeup. Fine, and I would go in early morning they put makeup on me. I complained. We had a good relationship. It was just fun and they got it and kept it light. But there were some mornings with they'd start and you could feel a difference to where you feel like you're being stabbed with a bunch of needles in the face.
Speaker 2: I totally, absolutely know exactly what you're talking about, and every woman listening does too, because when you have either a brush that has poor quality or it's been used way too much for way too long, this happens.
Speaker 3: So that's when I would start asking questions, start joking, man, y'all have pissed this morning, y'all stab me in or whatever. And then on some mornings I would go, oh my goodness, that thing is lovely, and they told me it was a brush made of beaver of beaver hair, like, okay, can we buy some extras and keep them in a stash. But that's the that's my own experience with brushes and hairs, and what differences can be is that yes?
Speaker 2: And it's interesting you say that because beaver hair obviously very soft, and so these brushes, in particular by Candy are vegan and girlty free, so they are not beaver.
Speaker 1: And yet how do they feel to you? Did you put one on your face?
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 1: Can you do it so you can see? I want to get an honest reaction to how it feels on your face.
Speaker 3: Oh my, you know what average?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: In all, seriously, I mean, yeah, it's not beaver for the most part. Brushes are soft. This feels soft. But they all feel soft and luxurious to me because I don't have a day in, day out understanding of them. So for noy, I'm not a good judge at all.
Speaker 1: These feel super soft to me. In fact, they're way softer than mine. And this is the truth.
Speaker 2: I've had again some of those brushes for and then I guess speaks to the quality I've.
Speaker 1: Had them for a long time.
Speaker 2: I've got a lot of Mac brushes, but I think I am replacing them all now with this new set.
Speaker 1: It's about time that orsement. That's a huge endorsement.
Speaker 2: But I am literally going to take this, put this in my medicine cabinet and take out most of the ones I have because I have been It's funny, it was on my list in Sephora. I really need to change out these brushes because yes, should we be? Should I be cleaning them and washing them once a week? Probably? Do I do it?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not? It is gross. I do agree with that.
Speaker 2: So I'm super excited about this new set, and I highly recommend this, not just because of how the brushes feel, but because of how they look and how they travel.
Speaker 1: Like we are traveling this weekend, I will bring this set with me this week.
Speaker 3: Can you throw my toothbrush in there?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: That is disgusting.
Speaker 3: Well, you're the one that don't clean your brushes I should be worried about my toothbrush, and that was your nasty ass brushes.
Speaker 2: Here's the cool thing about this set where you can buy it so easy on Amazon, so you don't have to go searching for it.
Speaker 1: It is right there for you.
Speaker 2: And the retail price is thirty bucks. That is actually so affordable some brushes, an individual brush. I have paid fifty bucks for one brush now. Granted I have had it now for over a decade, but it's time to say goodbye. And I do think that I'm really curious to see what this much more affordable set, how long it lasts. But I'm excited to try it, and it feels good for now, so I will be on top of that now. Highly recommend.
Speaker 1: But tomorrow we're going.
Speaker 3: To walking on this. The thirty that you mentioned this is for parents, you said, for kids and for play and whatnot. Is that a reasonable thirty dollars for a plaything and it's not necessarily me whatever for toys?
Speaker 2: But is that I think I think that is reasonable. And I do think that, like I said, you could pay thirty bucks for one brush, and so you know, believe me, these makeup art is who you those I can't imagine how much the Beaver makeup brushes cost, but we're talking hundreds of dollars. I'm sure to have a set, So in that perspective, yeah, thirty bucks. You know, people spend thirty bucks for a salad here in New York City. So I feel like that would actually be a decent gift that I think could be a lot of fun. It's useful for women who actually are putting on makeup, and it could be fun for girls who want to pretend they can.
Speaker 3: All right, my last question.
Speaker 2: Okay, now tomorrow this is exciting because the men get involved. This is a unisex product. It's not just for us girls, and it's for the world traveler in your life. So tomorrow's gift idea, here's the hint, will help your loved one arrive wherever they're heading to, rested and ready.
Speaker 3: To go rested.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, an, Yeah, you don't even know what they get for tomorrow, goud I.
Speaker 3: You assume they're not for guys, so I just kind of just kind of hanging out. No, you're right, these are good idea because I would never buy you a makeup brush. There's some things for women I would never buy. I would never go into Sophora and say, hey, guys, help me out need some of the women.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, and this is fun and this is a.
Speaker 2: Great stocking stuff for too. This fits perfectly in a stocking. So we hope that helps and we appreciate you as always listening to us. And remember every Monday through Friday we will have a new gift for you leading up to the holidays. So thank you as always everyone for listening to us. I'm Ae Roebuck alongside TJ.
Speaker 1: Holmes. We will talk to you soon.