Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Sharry from Life Source Water. Did you know Bay Area cities add chemicals like chlorine and chloromine to disinfect the tapwater, on top of contaminants they can't handle, like microplastics and forever chemicals. At Life Source, we believe your water should support your family's health. Our whole house water system filters every drop that enters your home, delivering clean, healthy water to every tap, shower and appliance. Family owned for three generations, we build every system, install it and offer factory direct pricing. So end your water worries and upgrade to the essential home appliance you'll love using every day drink, bathe, cook, and live clean with Life Source Water. Now, we are offering a double dip in savings free basic installation plus an extra two hundred and fifty dollars off that's up to twelve hundred dollars in savings. Call our factory at one eight hundred Water ninety nine or visit lifesourcewater dot com hurry offer in September thirty.
Speaker 2: Warranty limitations apply.
Speaker 3: So my Guy Chris Chris Christian Jones aka the Truth twenty twenty four on Instagram. SO fifteen are you fifteen years old, thirteen thirteen, So he's he's thirteen. He's he's thirteen years old. He's a day trader, he's an investor, he's a speaker, he's an author, he does options. Just a dynamic, a dynamic dude. So Ian reached out to us a few days ago and was like, you know, I think he'd be a great guest for market.
Speaker 4: Mondays and be like, sure, why not? So we want to. We want to.
Speaker 3: We want to highlight First of all, we want to highlight you for a couple of different reasons. It's important to support and encourage our entrepreneurs and our investors, like you know, shout out to to Mikey, who's the number one fifteen year old basketball player in the country. But to me, you're just as important as somebody like that, or Lebron James when he was out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he can impact thousands of kids.
Speaker 5: Mikey can help his family, but you can help the world and generations.
Speaker 3: YEA, yeah, sure, So we want to we want to highlight you and someelebrate you. There's no difference between you and Lebron James when he was thirteen, number one playing in the country. I look at you like the number one prospect.
Speaker 2: This is here Sports Illustrate, right.
Speaker 3: So first and first and foremost, we want to just you know, celebrate you. But then also we want to we want to get some game from you. I want to get some game from you too, because I know that you you know, you're a very astute trader and investors. So first and foremost, thank you. Thank you for joining our platform. We appreciate it.
Speaker 6: I appreciate being here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: So I'll ask the first question. Then everybody can just feel for you and Troy, So you you all right? You you day trade options only? Or is stocks or yeah?
Speaker 6: I do mostly options.
Speaker 7: I do invest in stocks more so like for long term, like most people, I do mostly options.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm glad.
Speaker 3: I'm glad because people have been asking for options, and we're going to do an options show next week. We're we're working on something special, but this would be a good intro for that. So can you I was gonna explain it, but I'd rather you can you just explain for that? You know, most people aren't too familiar with options. Can you just explain, like what options are as they attained to like just investing in regular stocks.
Speaker 6: Sure.
Speaker 7: So as far as the main key differences between stocks and options are this. So as far as stocks, we know you actually own a share in the company, you actually will own stock in the company, and y'a like I said, you own sharing it. And the thing is with stock, you can hold them well forever and you can pretty much pass them down. And the main difference between those and options is what options. You can't well hold it and you don't actually own the stock. You merely own the option in order to buy the stock. And when we're owning options, we have these things called contracts. Now, one contract is equal to one hundred shares of stock. And also with this options as well, it's temporary online stocks options are temporary. Now know the max amount you can hold an option that I think about two years because there are different types of trading, so you can hold options for a long time. You can't do long term trading with options. I've actually done that personally myself just recently today every where I did a long term contract with Tesla.
Speaker 8: And I go about that.
Speaker 2: I saw you post that, man.
Speaker 7: Yeah, me and my mom we saw Tesla and we got in about three hundred and then we made seventy eight thousand dollars off that trade because Tesla it went crazy today, but like, I don't know why it fell off, but luckily we was able to get out before it dipped down.
Speaker 4: So don't let that go.
Speaker 2: Yeah please, that was really modest.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: That's a yearly salary, all right.
Speaker 8: So yeah, real quick, one more time?
Speaker 6: Hold are you thirteen?
Speaker 8: So I first met my guy when we was speaking with ET.
Speaker 9: Shout out to Marquell, because Marquell was solid enough to put me on the platform before anyone knew me, just like y'all before you know, se y'all help me pop. So I met him there and I was like, Yo, this kid knows his stuff and he's and I didn't know any of this when I was a kid, right, So run that number again past what you hit. I just want the people to hear.
Speaker 6: Seventy eight dollars.
Speaker 9: So the reason why I wanted him on is to show, regardless of age, this is possible. We're the only culture that this has been hidden from. He's young, right, so if he can do it, you can do it too. But no, I I'm gonna let you rock. I just wanted to jump in and let that because like it brings me so much joy because you've been doing this is what you was a what eight and now you was speaking at with eight or nine.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So a brief well timeline is basically I actually ended up writing my first book called The Win.
Speaker 6: Within at eight years old.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 7: It's based off my story where I was getting bullied by my teammates on the football field. It's about faith family in football. And then this is at the time we was living in Florida. So from there we actually ended up leaving the country and going to Germany. And while we were in Germany, that's where I ended up wanting to say developing, but finding about or what investing is, and finding about the stop or finding out about the stock market, because I don't know if you guys remember, there was a story about I think twenty thirteen, about a fourteen year old who had made fifty.
Speaker 6: Thousand dollars of buying Nike stock.
Speaker 7: So, like anybody, I wanted to see how we did it, and I began asking my mom she could teach me how to invest in the stock market because I'm trying to make that kind of money.
Speaker 6: At the time, I was around nine years.
Speaker 7: Old, so she didn't really take me seriously because she thought I was just playing around just saying that, because well, people changed their minds all the time. So I ended up doing my own research and came back to her and told her I wanted to open up my brokerage account and again your broketus's accounts that coount used in order to invest in. And when she heard that, then she saw that was actually passionate and really wanted to learn this skill. And at the time she did know a little bit about investing, but she really didn't get too deep into it herself. So she actually went out and got her course, and that course was twenty five thousand dollars because she knows not only the value of investing in the stock market, but investing into yourself and investing in your growth. So she went out and got the course, and then initially we were taking it together, but eight nine years old, no idea.
Speaker 6: What that meant.
Speaker 7: So she ended up learning from the course, and then she came back and topped me. So I guess the whole timeline would be I've been investing for four years and I've been trading for three.
Speaker 8: I love this.
Speaker 9: Man, So that includings to your mom too, because your mom is like with you running the business.
Speaker 8: So this i'mber sawing to let you rock.
Speaker 9: But parents are also like you see the joy in his face from learning this, and like the joys in our face, Like all of our kids should know this, So do it together. And if your kids have an interest even in gaming, let them do that because they are more avenues now than ever to make money from a whole bunch of industries that were not available to us.
Speaker 3: Shot, go ahead, Yeah, so all right, so let's talk about this this Tesla call that you had. So I'll just try to give my my I was gonna say, like thirteen year old explanation, but nah, I gotta give my four year old explanation for what options are correct me if I'm I just want everybody, I just want everybody just to have an understanding. So like when you buy stock, Let's say you want to buy Apple stock right now, it's like at three eighty two, so we know you just if you have three hundred and eighty two dollars, you can buy one share right and then you know if you buy two shares and it's two times three eighty two. Everybody, I think that pretty much understands that you have to be your own Apple. You can have it for as long as you want, whenever you sell it. If you sell it at you know, seven hundred dollars, then you know you've almost you like double your money pretty much, right, So that's easy to understand. So with the options, it's pretty much like you're buying something in the future. So it's like, Okay, I'm buying Apple. Yeah exactly, I'm buying Apple for five hundred dollars in January of twenty twenty two, right, And then you have an ask and the bid price.
Speaker 4: So the strike price, the strike price is five hundred dollars.
Speaker 9: That's like that's the price you want to the future, like the exit yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: So and then the acts. So the ask is like what you're actually buying those contracts for. So the ass could be let's say, you know, fifty dollars hypothetically, right, So the ask is a lot lower than the actual price of the actual Well.
Speaker 2: So it gets tricky, right, so this calls and puts we got to.
Speaker 3: Well, we say called so the ask, the ask is like fifty dollars, right, so you're buying one hundred because you got to buy one hundred contracts one hundred.
Speaker 8: Let's you share it one contract.
Speaker 2: Let's just five dollars.
Speaker 3: That'll make it easier, all right, So now you buy, you buy it at fifty. So now, if let's say the price of apple stock goes from three eighty two to four hundred, right, that's an eighteen dollars increase. Now, if you have the regular stock, then that would have been whatever percentage of eighteen dollars going up. But now if you own the options contract and it's fifty dollars, theoretically that fifty dollars could go to one hundred dollars. So now you actually doubled your money. This is why options are so appealing to people. And once you fully understand it, it's like it's like stocks on steroids because it's stuff to go back to.
Speaker 2: Stop now it's.
Speaker 3: Really difficult because it's like you could, but it's a lot more volatile, so it can go up a lot fast.
Speaker 2: Earners, what's up?
Speaker 5: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the.
Speaker 2: Line even builds.
Speaker 5: Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring the safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live a more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 10: With Robinhood, not only can you trade individual stocks and ETFs, you can also seamlessly buy and sell crypto.
Speaker 2: At low costs.
Speaker 10: Trade all in one place. Get started now on robin Hood Trading Crypto invalve significant risk Crypto trading is offered to account with the Robinhood Crypto LC. Robin Hunt Crypto is license to engage in virtual currency business activity by the New York State Department of Financial Services, Crypto Health thro robin Hood Crypto is not FDIC insured s ITC Protective Investing in valves risk including loss of principle security trading is offer through an account with robin Hood Financial LLC. You remember s I p C a registered broker.
Speaker 3: Dealer, but it can also go down a lot faster as well because you're not. You don't really care about the price of the stock. You're more concerned about the bid and the ass as did I did I do a good job explaining that Christian?
Speaker 6: You did a decent job.
Speaker 8: I might cut that. That's funny, all right?
Speaker 4: So can you can you?
Speaker 2: Can you feel in?
Speaker 4: Can you fill in what I left out?
Speaker 2: Are you smarter than the seventh grader?
Speaker 7: So as far as the strike price, you were well kind of right at that. So the strike price you do, that's the price you're actually buying it at. So let's say I'm buying I'm gonna use it yours. So let's say I'm buying Apple if they were at three eighty two. So the thing is about options. You have an option chain, and when you're looking at the option chain, you have in the money and out the money. So let's say I'm going to go out the money. Normally, when I go out the money, that's means more. And so I'm gonna do a swing trade. A swing trade is a more long term trade and investment. Like I said, you can go out to a maximum about two years. So let's say I'm doing a swing trade and Apple's current stock price or yeah, stock price is at three eighty two, so I'm gonna put my strip price at let's say four hundred, so and I'm doing a call, so I know my not Microsoft Apple, was gonna hit at least four hundred dollars. Because I will say this about stripe prices as well, they don't necessarily have to hit your price in order for you to make money. They just have to go in general direction for you to be able to make money. That's how you make money off swite swing trades, and that is one of the ways I actually made money, not only off that Tesla but also whether it did hit my strike price. But I did one off Microsoft hit that's a better example. So I remember Microsoft was about at one thirty five at the time, that was their stock price, and I put my stripe price this was a swing trade, and I put it at one ninety five, and I put it about three cents a month saddle, so I put it three system month out and I put my strip price at one ninety five. And even though Microsoft never actually hit that stripe as one until later after I sold the contract, it was still doing in that direction, so therefore I was making money.
Speaker 2: The trend is your friend.
Speaker 5: So the thing as long as it was going toward that one, you're gonna make some money.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you for the further explanation. So all right, can you talk about this the Tesla trade that you made today? Can you kind of just walk us through that. What's your what's your Instagram? Because a lot of people on on YouTube? Can you just type into instagrament I think it's the truth at twenty twenty.
Speaker 6: Four, right, yeah, the truth twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: And Mark Mark said he likes you. We'll let you know who Mark is.
Speaker 6: What.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mark is a Mark is a fan of you. So yeah, can you walk us through your your Tesla trade that you made today?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 7: So that Tesla trade was actually also another swing trade that I did back in March when Tesla was at that three hundred dollars Mark Mark and I remember, and I remember I was telling my clients about it, and I I didn't necessarily tell them.
Speaker 6: I was telling them what I was gonna do and that might as well copy.
Speaker 7: So I got in at about three hundred dollars, and I remember after that I decided to just I was gonna just sell it. After Tesla started move up in that upper direction, but we decided not to so kind of just left it alone, and little did we know, a couple of months later it hit almost one hundred thousand dollars. Because Tesla, as you know, has one of those well, Tesla is like a wildcard to me, like it's one of those companies. Market be up one day, Tesla's going down one hundred dollars, market be down another day, Tesla's moving up two hundred dollars, fall back, move up another one hundred dollars, Like Tesla is a wildcard. And knowing this, but that Tesla is a wildcard, but it is a very consistent company. So knowing this, we decided to do a swing trade on this and like I said, a little month, well a couple of months later, here we are with the seventy eight thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: So that's kind of the whole process on how that worked.
Speaker 4: How much money did you put in?
Speaker 9: Originally two thousand, two thousand, we got a question, how do you choose your strike price? And you're ask that you're looking to get in. I saw that comment in YouTube fast how.
Speaker 6: Do I choose my strike price? And my ass correct?
Speaker 8: Ye?
Speaker 7: All right, So as far as how I choose my stripe price. That really depends I'm trading for that day.
Speaker 6: Because you have.
Speaker 7: Four different trading styles you have, and I use well pretty much all four. So you have the first training style, which is called scalping. So scalping is more so well like a scalp surgeon pinpoint movements and short little movements.
Speaker 6: And those are like in and out. You you gotta be really quick.
Speaker 7: You do have to have patience as well with scalping, So scalping is born, like I said, pinpoint movements, So it depends if I'm doing scalping, I might go in the money. However, you also have day trading, which is similar but not the same as scalping. Day trading you can, instead of those pinpoint movements where you're making like four hundred dollars in two minutes, trading might make five thousand dollars in about not even ten to twenty, but like maybe an hour or two. So day trading, while you might take a little longer, you don't necessarily hold any positions at the end of the day, and then you have position in swing trading. So swing trading is what I did with the Tesla and the Microsoft and one of my favorite strategies to use because it's basically passive income. It is something I do teach you in my course because I gus I said it's passive income. I remember my mom she said swing trading here is actually her favorite strategy as well, because it allows you to not only free up your time, but also to make passive income and make money on a consistent basis without having to really put in much work, which is the beauty of the stock market. And then you have position trade, which goes back to the well maximum matter two years, where you can pretty much do it like a stock can just hold it for a long amount of time and just allow it.
Speaker 6: To continuously making money. But you have to be careful on what companies you choose because you.
Speaker 7: Will have out those companies that might dip during a certain point because of whatever reason. So you do have to pay attention to the news and you do have to watch your positions as well. Like I said, you got to pay attention, like this is not something you can just what may one trade and just leave it for forever.
Speaker 9: Can you walk us through your risk to reward ratio? So are you risking ten percent to make one hundred or what race you are are you using when you're setting up your swing trades.
Speaker 6: So when I'm setting up on my swing trades, I typically.
Speaker 7: Won't like I don't like to lose more than about twenty five percent.
Speaker 6: However I will lose.
Speaker 7: I will be willing to risk twenty five percent if I can make at least fifty percent.
Speaker 5: Okay, Christian, I got a quick question. So are you making puts as well? What's your strategy on that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, use puts as well. I don't use them as much, but I do use them. And I would say an example of put to a big what was it? The company six Flags? Y'all know that's a yeah, the amusement part actually on publicly. So I remember one thing I did with six Flags. I remember the first year, I want to say, discovered them.
Speaker 6: I saw them.
Speaker 7: This was also during the summer, and six Flags at the time, this was about two years ago.
Speaker 6: Six Flags was.
Speaker 7: Going up because I believe they came out with a new Batman ride or something, and everybody what was doing at six Flags, So they jumped about twenty dollars.
Speaker 6: So I made money off of calls.
Speaker 7: And then, of course, since since Flags is a seasonal company. They began slowly dropping as the months went on August, September, October. So knowing this and knowing this from the first year because I didn't figure out that pattern before, but knowing this next year in twenty nineteen, I did see this pattern and saw that six Flags who was gonna have that well great summer again and.
Speaker 6: Then they were going to slowly drip down.
Speaker 7: So I decided to do a swing tray put on it and make some money that way.
Speaker 3: So and put foot well YouTube YouTube if you could take a minute and like this video was twenty three hundred people. I think that's a record for us. But if you don't, if you don't appreciate it, if you don't like this video, it says a lot about your character already, this one. Yeah, you gotta come on, you gotta like it. You got That's the least you can do is like it. So let me ask you, all right, So put for anybody that's that's when you're you're saying that the stock is going to go down, where calls are saying that the stock is going to go up. So if your put strategy more short term like long term, like do you have a long term call strategy and a short term put strategy, or how do you play your puts versus calls? And and do you ever put a call and a put on the same position, because some people do that to hedge, like they'll put a call on Apple, but then they'll take twenty five percent and put a put on it also, so if they'll make money either way, the market decides to go.
Speaker 7: So as far as how I do my calls and puts, I more so do my well, I do do kind of both ways, Like as far as long term, I might do calls occasionally, but for the most part, I use well puts for the long term, why not even long term, but more so midterm on those companies that I know sucked.
Speaker 6: On our trash and I'm getting at a good entry point.
Speaker 7: And then I use calls more so consistently and more so yeah for short term, especially on with scoupling the day journey.
Speaker 2: Christian really quick.
Speaker 5: So are you making options on individual stocks.
Speaker 2: Or do you do ETFs as well?
Speaker 6: I do individual stocks.
Speaker 11: Okay, you just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday? How can you find amazing candidates fast?
Speaker 2: Easy?
Speaker 11: Just use indeed, stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other jobs sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need