Speaker 1: Second date.
Speaker 2: A lot of guys like a woman who's down to get dirty.
Speaker 3: Your darn right, John, Where do you find someone like that? Like Brooks Hometown?
Speaker 2: Oh sure, Craigslist of course, pole over back at Brooks Hometown.
Speaker 3: We already covered that.
Speaker 2: But no, our listener Justin found his special dirty lady Brooks Hometown.
Speaker 4: No hometown isn't big enough for craigs yea.
Speaker 2: Noting her in the community garden deep in literal.
Speaker 3: Dirty, like really dirty, Justin, you like a dirty girl? Huh laugh?
Speaker 5: Is that the reason why you're on the phone with us? Well?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's uh yeah, we did not meet on dating app. Shocker.
Speaker 5: Okay, you met over a flower bed.
Speaker 3: Ye's kind of romantic.
Speaker 6: I mean she was, uh planting veggiees peas, carrots, whatever.
Speaker 3: Some nice bulbs. Can we know what her name is?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah, Katie, Katie.
Speaker 3: It sounds like a sweet girl.
Speaker 4: I don't frequent community gardens, but I assume people who do go there often right to tend.
Speaker 6: Well, you have to take care of your right.
Speaker 4: So is it something where you'd seen Katie multiple times before you actually went up and talked to her.
Speaker 6: Yes, the first time I actually got the courage to talk to. He was very casual and I did. We did not exchange numbers or anything. It's more like talking about garden. And I asked her what she was planting.
Speaker 2: She's telling me Veggie, Oh wow, you got right into the.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got right into the dirt.
Speaker 3: Good for you.
Speaker 1: So then I.
Speaker 6: Saw her a day or two later, she was back at the garden. So then I went up to her and I was like, oh yo, how how's the radishes? And that got like a chuck off from her.
Speaker 5: Okay, look at you, mister humor.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I see what the joke is.
Speaker 6: Yes, she's thinking that I actually care when she was a planting, but I didn't. I just wanted to talk to her. That's yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Don't care about she doesn't listen back to this if it works out, okay, I.
Speaker 6: Mean I told her, like, you know, I have to be chatted. Then I got her number and I said, hey, there's a cute pub like a few blocks away. She wanted to go for a drink after.
Speaker 5: Oh look at you.
Speaker 4: Okay, were you talking this fast when you asked her to?
Speaker 5: Because you seem a little nervous right now?
Speaker 1: Was I talking?
Speaker 6: I don't know she's nervous.
Speaker 3: Girl comes off a little bit sexy. I think that's what Brooke was trying to.
Speaker 6: Say, rather sexy than nervous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, it's coming through right now.
Speaker 3: So tell So you took her to a pub.
Speaker 6: And it was cool, Everyone's going great. But then the next day I texted her and nothing.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, can we talk a little bit more about your time at the pub, like was flirting happening?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 5: Any?
Speaker 6: I mean, I try. I don't know how good my game is, but I drive.
Speaker 3: It's working on us right now, dude, so keep it going.
Speaker 6: I do have a confession, though, that I didn't tell her.
Speaker 5: Okay, decide the radish question that you didn't care.
Speaker 6: What it Wasn't we say this? We I knew she was going to be.
Speaker 5: There, going to beware you invited her at a.
Speaker 6: Guard at the garden.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 6: Well, okay, my parents are on this dating app where parents kind of meet up with other parents to find dates for their single like young adults.
Speaker 5: Wait, that exists? There's a dating app for parents to meddle in their kids' lives.
Speaker 3: Yeah, please do not tell us what the name this side is.
Speaker 1: No, No, I'm not.
Speaker 6: I'm not telling you. But Katie's parents were in on it. Katie doesn't know, I think, but her parents were on and they're they're so down. They talk to my parents and I know this sounds strange.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I'm trying to miss.
Speaker 2: This is a site where parents meet up with each other to figure out if their kids would be a good match.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're basically like it's basically like a range daity right. So, like, so you're saying Katie's parents told your parents, Katie will be at the garden from three to five.
Speaker 5: Your son should show up.
Speaker 6: Then, Yeah, so I got a plot. I don't even garden. I don't know how to garden.
Speaker 3: Whoa, you don't even know how to garden?
Speaker 6: Not really, I mean I was just digging hole. I mean I was just like I was digging holes in the dark, pretending.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, So you just got a plot to.
Speaker 6: Meet sun hat. I got a sun hat.
Speaker 5: Kay didn't have to go that hard a bunch of water.
Speaker 4: Okay, So this would be fine if Katie knew her parents were doing this.
Speaker 5: But she doesn't know.
Speaker 6: No, I don't think so. I mean, she didn't mention anything, and I just don't want to freak her out.
Speaker 3: At least your parents already approve of me.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wonder if her parents know that she's not responding to you. Now, how long has it been.
Speaker 6: It's been like about five days.
Speaker 5: And have you told your parents that she hasn't responded.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and her mother actually reached out tonight. O.
Speaker 5: Wait, Katie's mother reached out to you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and she said, I think you will be perfect for her.
Speaker 1: Now you want more.
Speaker 4: People in on this, Like you've got two sets of parents already involved, and you want us involved.
Speaker 1: To me, I don't.
Speaker 6: I can't. I don't know why I can't have my own relationship.
Speaker 2: I don't know idea that it's odd that the most natural thing in this entire situation is actually the fact that you're calling a radio show to intervene in your data.
Speaker 5: It's like we're a community garden. We've got the radio, we've got the parents. We're just trying to grow a relationship here.
Speaker 1: It takes it.
Speaker 3: Remember justin hatess community gardens and doesn't.
Speaker 5: Care about them, so it doesn't know about it.
Speaker 6: But I will learn. I mean, if me and her go on more day, I'll have her talk to me about the garden, like educate me, nothing like faking.
Speaker 5: An interest to get in with somebody.
Speaker 6: Yeah, who doesn't do that.
Speaker 2: We're going to share that sentiment with Katie when we come back and call her and try and get you a second date update right after this.
Speaker 3: Okay, dirty boy.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're in the middle of a second date call. And when we left, I told Justin that we'd call Katie and share the sentiment. And I'm seeing people texting in at seventy five nine two telling me, don't do that. Don't blow his cover about his parents' matchmaking app.
Speaker 5: Wait, you said that we were going to tell him though I didn't hear that.
Speaker 3: That's not what I meant at all.
Speaker 2: I just meant share the sentiment that he really likes her and is eager to learn more about gardening. You could see what he really doesn't want to do that, but he's he says he's willing to try maybe. And I guess the more important question, though, that we need to talk about, is are we all okay with hiding the fact that her parents matched her with a guy without her knowledge on a dating site for parents that hook up their grown kids with each other. I I mean, Justin, how do you what do you think?
Speaker 3: Do you feel weird about your parents finding you a lover?
Speaker 6: Well, you know when you like date somebody at the meet their parents and it's always awkward and you're nervous, Like are the parents already approve of me?
Speaker 4: That's like, you know, such a credit card, like the improved The best relationships can come from, like arrangements.
Speaker 5: Honestly, like your parents know you best, they really do. Watch cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all for voting to bring marriage and relationships back to the nineteen.
Speaker 5: Twenty Hey, listen, listen.
Speaker 4: If we're allowing algorithms to help us find love, why wouldn't we let our parents also help us.
Speaker 3: We're trying for a one in a million chance.
Speaker 2: And I'm just gonna say we're not gonna reveal the parents matchmaking app, but justin if you want to do that, that's totally up to you.
Speaker 5: I do feel like you should do it at some point.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean we'll see, Yeah, just feel it out, all right, I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Call it right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hello, Hey is this Katie.
Speaker 5: I don't know why I'm nervous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a little nervous too.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you're feeling nervous Katie about being on a radio show right now because you are what ye surprise.
Speaker 5: Welcome to our show, Katie.
Speaker 2: We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning do a radio show, and we're trying to do a segment right now called the Second Date Update.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, So.
Speaker 2: We're trying to reach out on behalf of one of our listeners who you went out with recently, named Justin. We're trying to read your vibe on if you liked him or not.
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm exiting another relationship right now.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, so things are a little messy right now.
Speaker 7: I mean, yeah, I don't really want to talk about it and ended a few weeks ago, but Justin just seems so like sweet and kind and like I just don't want to really get into it until i'm like fully unattached.
Speaker 4: That's good, Okay, that's actually yeah, So you actually liked him, you're just not calling him back because you didn't want that's like, I respect.
Speaker 5: It him, right.
Speaker 7: I don't know what you know about him, but he's a dork, but he's just really sweet. But he was just so honest and so kind and just so transparent, Like I just felt like I knew him. And I just also feel like I've gone out with so many people being crazy or a liar or they're hiding something, and it just feels like.
Speaker 3: We don't like anything.
Speaker 7: For once, like I was like, oh, okay, like this guy's actually.
Speaker 3: Really and all the cards on the table right up front. He sounds genuine, but we know he's.
Speaker 2: Like, well, I think he's pretty genuine.
Speaker 5: I will say he is very earnest.
Speaker 4: He does sound a little dorky in a sweet way.
Speaker 5: And I tell you, well, I'm with you, Jeff.
Speaker 1: I mean he was.
Speaker 5: Attractive, right, you were attracted to him still, Yeah, I.
Speaker 7: Mean it was kind of funny. We met in a community garden and he was just like, I don't know that he's particularly good at gardening. He was just like digging holes in the dirt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if Justin were to hear the things that you were saying right now, he'd probably be really happy with your review of him and of your time spent together.
Speaker 5: He's a restaurant.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, yeah, In fact, I don't have to guess if he liked it, because I could just ask him since he's on the other line right now listening and wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 6: I'm thrilled that you like me, hunk energy.
Speaker 7: Why didn't you tell me the phone?
Speaker 2: Well, we can't all be as honest and transparent as the justice of the world.
Speaker 3: You know, that's just that's more credit to him.
Speaker 6: And it's totally fine. I mean, like, I heard that you have an ex. I mean, I'm totally cool with that. I have like a million acts.
Speaker 1: Million Wow, very strange.
Speaker 7: A million acts.
Speaker 6: Huh Okay, it's like, literally, okay, four, I don't know that many days. How am I to have acted? I don't I literally have like one ex girlfriend. Okay, Actually, you know.
Speaker 3: I just closed the mouth for a second.
Speaker 6: Zero.
Speaker 7: It's just kind of a we're saying that you heard me say all that. But I really think that you're just a really sweet, honest person.
Speaker 6: That's true, Okay, I I the honesty I am. I am mostly honest. What you keep mentioning, I mean, I I do not like lying. I mean I did lie that I had a billion girlfriends ex girlfriends, and.
Speaker 1: It is a joke.
Speaker 6: And you know, uh, okay, here, I'm just going to say it.
Speaker 1: Here's the deal.
Speaker 6: I didn't go to that gardening community gardening because I like the garden. I knew you were going.
Speaker 1: To be there.
Speaker 6: Because Okay, my parents and your parents are on this dating app where they helped their single i'll get dates. Uh the mine.
Speaker 3: I don't think she.
Speaker 6: Your parents loves me. Your parents really love me?
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: Approof of that? I mean, my parents approve your parents approved.
Speaker 1: Like, let's make this work.
Speaker 6: I know that this is weird.
Speaker 2: Justin, do you have to say everything just one piece of information at a time.
Speaker 4: Okay, can we just say real quickly, we really hoped that Katie, you already knew this.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well yeah, I just you know, like I could see why a dating app like that would work.
Speaker 5: Katie, just listen for a second. I mean, who knows you better than dad? Right? No, oh my god, that is not parent approved language, Katie.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna come to your side on that one. It's a little bit unusual. I will concede that. But Justin didn't know that his parents were setting him up either.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I actually didn't know.
Speaker 3: That's okay.
Speaker 6: I thought he's actually a great idea. I mean it's like, I do not meet any women. I see them all over the place, but I don't meet them. I'm not every dating app you could think of, nobody's wife.
Speaker 8: And Katie, listen, listen.
Speaker 4: You definitely have to have a conversation with your parents, and you can be angry at them, but this isn't Justin's fault.
Speaker 5: He he didn't make your parents do this.
Speaker 1: Some of this is Justin's fault, some of some of it he.
Speaker 4: Didn't say anything. Okay, well, maybe he just shows up in a garden digging home.
Speaker 3: But his heart was in a good place when he did it.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, absolutely like me.
Speaker 6: Like he complemented, yourshes your great guard I can learn from you. We're going to talk about you know what.
Speaker 2: It's at this point, Katie, that I would like to offer to send you to on another date, that we would pay for any restaurant in the city and far far away from both of your.
Speaker 3: Sets of parents.
Speaker 5: Give it one chance. I mean, that would make your parents so happy.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not.
Speaker 7: What about this would be any normal person? Are you crazy?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: All right, maybe it's a no right now, but maybe you should take some time to think about it, and if you want, we can organize so that you and Justin and both of your sets of parents can all have dinner.
Speaker 3: Family reunion John and Julie.
Speaker 5: I think, I mean, it sounds like they're lovely people.
Speaker 3: I know they're in for Yeah, they made you.
Speaker 1: I'm in What do you say? Give you much chances?
Speaker 6: Like many people have arrangements like we got married, just.
Speaker 3: Started off good, and then it's all right, We're still there.
Speaker 5: I think he's still there, Katie.
Speaker 2: We're running out of time here, so we need to get an answer from you, yes or no on another date.
Speaker 7: I'm absolutely not.
Speaker 3: Okay, well justin you're up to a million and one exes.
Speaker 6: Now my parents can give you a date. Well, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Those words have never been spoken before. My parents can't give me a day.
Speaker 1: Who can.
Speaker 2: Brook Jeffrey in the morning to say that she was not happy that her parents set her up would be a pretty big Understate one hundred.
Speaker 5: There is going to be a conversation in that family.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not. She was so thrown back by it.
Speaker 2: I mean, Brook, to imagine that it came out that your parents are actually the ones who set you and your husband Michael.
Speaker 3: Up all those years ago.
Speaker 2: Everybody knew about it except you. You wouldn't care.
Speaker 5: At this point. I'm so deep into it.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if it was the second date, I'd be pissed, you know. Now, It's like, well, I do love him. I guess my mom knew.
Speaker 2: But in Justin's case, there's probably never been an example of someone who talked themselves out of a date faster than he did. Oh my god, I think there was like a five percent chance it still would have worked if he had just been quiet.
Speaker 5: I really was like, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Just need a week or two to end this one thing, and I think I'm going to focus on him. Should end the call, yeap.
Speaker 5: His parents knew that he's his own worst enemy.
Speaker 1: The talking.
Speaker 2: Don't know why, but I just have a feeling that he's going to be back with us someday.
Speaker 4: I think probably sooner, ye like Justine, maybe in a couple of weeks, and we'll be ready for.
Speaker 5: Him, will be calling him to remember.
Speaker 2: You could check out all of our Second Date podcasts if you ever miss any of them. They're up online wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffery
Speaker 5: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning